Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at.
Speaker 3: Comedy Central's America's only sorts for news. It's The Daily Show with your host Briddy.
Speaker 1: Welcome to The Daily Show. I'm Roy Chang. We've got so much to talk about tonight.
Speaker 4: Republicans out for revenge, Kaylin Cloude is getting bullied, and we found an inspiring story about how Elon Musk introduced a remote tribe to hotcore porn.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's get into the headlines.
Speaker 4: Let's kick things off with the only president candidate with an ankle monitor, Donald Trump. Last week the corrupt and woke Dei Justice system, finding guilty of thirty four felonies, and now he's saying if he gets backs into power, he's gonna get his revenge on the people who had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump is again suggesting his political opponents could be jailed if he wins reelection, including former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 6: Does that mean the next president does it to them?
Speaker 2: That's really the question.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't it be terrible to throw the president's wife and the former secretary of state into jail.
Speaker 2: It's very possible that it's going to have to happen to them.
Speaker 4: You're gonna jail Hillary Clinton? Haven't you done enough to this woman?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 4: If you're gonna get revenge, at least get it on the people who did the thing to you. This is like the Russian mob killing John Wick's dog, and John Wick is like, you know who's gonna pay for this?
Speaker 1: Hillary Clinton?
Speaker 4: I mean, can Donald Trump gets some new beef's already?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: You don't see Britney Spear is still getting the fights with Christina Aguilera, Do you no? Britney's at home dancing with knives like a normal person.
Speaker 1: But Trump isn't in this fight alone.
Speaker 4: Okay, He's got a whole crew of brain damage friends standing up for him, like Marjorie Taylor Green, who's so mad at what the courts did that she wants to defund New York.
Speaker 2: Screw new York.
Speaker 8: New York doesn't deserve a damn penny.
Speaker 2: We shouldn't fund them one single dime, not a dime.
Speaker 9: They don't deserve a penny from the federal government.
Speaker 4: Whoa take it easier on New York? Marjorie, you remember a space laser that you're worried about, the people who.
Speaker 1: Run it live here.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's kind of sad to watch a person slam New York when they clearly would make an amazing New Yorker. Okay, MTG's host speech is going to be repeated word for word by a homeless guy on the sea train at three am tonight. But let's talk about a different Trump ally who's saying unhinged things.
Speaker 1: Okay, right now.
Speaker 4: His name is Byron Donalds, And if you didn't know him before, well he's a cool guy with smart opinions.
Speaker 6: Republican Congressman Byron Donalds, widely considered a potential VP pick for Donald Trump, is facing backlash from Democrats today after saying that black families were stronger during Jim Crow before they were influenced by Democratic policies.
Speaker 2: During Jim Crow, the back family was together.
Speaker 9: During Jim Crow, more black people voted Conservative lead.
Speaker 4: Why all Trump's potential VP picks insane? I I never thought I'd say this, but this might be a good time to take a second look at the dog murderer. Okay, and I know what you're thinking. How could a congressman think that Jim Core era was good for black families? But to be fair, he's a congressman from Florida, and that's literally the title of the US history textbooks. Okay, so let's move on to some cultural news, because it's not just congressmen who have crazy opinions, it's also everyone.
Speaker 7: And now to a grocery cart controversy getting a lot of traction online. A video posted by a woman who unapologetically says she never returns her shopping cart.
Speaker 10: I'm not returning my shopping cart, and you can judge me all you want.
Speaker 11: California mom Leslie Dobson says she's afraid her children will be abducted while she's busy returning her cart.
Speaker 9: I'm not getting my groceries into my car, getting my children into the.
Speaker 10: Car, and then leaving them in the car.
Speaker 11: To go return the cart.
Speaker 9: So if you're going to give me a dirty look.
Speaker 4: Off.
Speaker 1: Mean off you.
Speaker 4: All right, I don't even want your kids, but now I feel like I gotta take them because they're talking about shit.
Speaker 1: O lady.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, Look, lady, if you want to be lazy and not return your shopping cart, you don't have to use your kids as excuse. Okay, just say you don't know what six feet this is America. Nobody walks six feet. Okay, if you're really that worried about your kids getting abducted, just take them with you to return the cot or leave them in the car and lock the doors.
Speaker 1: Maybe back your kids are safe.
Speaker 4: If you want the extra shirt, just give them bad haircuts. Okay, nobody wants your weird looking kids. And by the way, who are these kids now? Are so abductible that you can't walk ten steps without every predator in America descending upon them. If it's that easy to abduct kids in the parking lot, then what's the big deal?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: If your kids get stolen and just take the ones from the con next door, Okay, this is problems off.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to some international news.
Speaker 4: Okay, because there are places deep in the Amazon jungle where primitive tribes are untouched by the modern world. But luckily Elon Musk is taking care of that.
Speaker 12: A reclusive tribe in the Amazon finally got connected to the Internet, only to wind up hooked on social media and porn. Nine months ago, the Rubo tribe got internet service for the first time thanks to Elon Musk starling service, but young men have been sharing porn videos on group chats, while others have one victim to Internet scams.
Speaker 10: People hunched over on their phones, typing away, sending voice notes, watching you know, video clips. I saw two very young boys just you know, swiping through video after video of neymar Junior.
Speaker 4: Okay, haters, I think this is great.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: The internet opens up all of human knowledge to these people. They go online and they were like, Wow, there's so much going on.
Speaker 1: In the world.
Speaker 4: Do you see this lady of the shopping catch she doesn't want to walk six feet? Okay, let's go get her kids. By the way, I'm so happy that people in the middle of the Amazon get better Internet than I get respect from. But of course that's one thing they discovered right away.
Speaker 1: Porn.
Speaker 4: That's right, an untouched Amazon civilization is now touching itself or more on this remote getting into the access. We go live to the Amazon rainfloorest with Troy.
Speaker 1: You wanta.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Try try try, Hey, what's the situation over there?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, I cann't hear you over the sound of all the dang gay fever. Why do you keep sending me to these places? You told me I was going to Amazon. This is a rainforest how am I supposed to return this slapchot? I checked this at the gate, Ronnie. Okay, Troy, can you just shut up for a second.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: How has the Internet impacted this remote tribe?
Speaker 2: It's an absolute tragedy. This was once a wonderful.
Speaker 11: People with proud customs and traditions. Now everyone is glued to their phones. They're falling for scams. The men have stopped hunting wild boars and are just hunting milks.
Speaker 1: And you can't.
Speaker 11: You can't feed your family with milk meat. Okay, It's it's too stringy. So we have to take the Internet away. I mean, can you imagine living in a society obsessed with their phones like this?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's our society. So what you're saying we should take the Internet away from ourselves?
Speaker 11: Here, Ronnie, I'll kill you. Sorry, sorry, sorry, that's it's the dengey. It's just that I we we need the Internet. Okay, Where else can I get a slap chop same day a store? No, it's it's too late for us, Ronnie. We have no culture left to save. All we do is trade crypto and use chat GBT to write our birthday cards. You know, I love you, Grandma.
Speaker 2: How does it do that?
Speaker 11: As humanity, we need one place untouched by the Internet besides every single goddamn elevator.
Speaker 1: This tribe is pure and og human.
Speaker 11: We have to protect them because they'll be the ones repopulating the world when the rest of us go to nuclear war over some bitches shopping cart.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, but the sudden decline should be a lesson to all of us, right that the Internet can can take something pure and immediately corrupt it. I mean, maybe this tribe is a miror of our own society, and maybe we should all unplugged for the good of humanity.
Speaker 11: Okay, you first, you give up the Internet, I tell.
Speaker 4: You all right, Sorry, sorry, I just I just hit a million followers on half of those are you?
Speaker 1: I rest my case.
Speaker 2: We're a lost cause.
Speaker 11: So I'm going to get the hell out of the Amazon before we ruin these people too. I just ordered an Uber it's five weeks away. There is an Uber pool and it's three minutes away.
Speaker 4: But like, no, no, no, no, no, no, wait for no Uber, wait for you what everybody?
Speaker 1: Hey, when we come back? Jordan Kleppo the Cloud.
Speaker 4: Sports War, So don't go away.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to our daily show.
Speaker 4: Let's fell at sports used recently, so for some thoughtful, nuanced debate, we turned to Sports War.
Speaker 1: Ready, it's time for you. What's up? More time? Ronnie Shan and.
Speaker 2: I'm Jordan Klepper.
Speaker 7: This is Sports War, the show where we are legally not allowed to agree with each other. For example, if I say Ronnie Chang doesn't suck, well.
Speaker 1: Then I have to disagree with you on that. Jordan.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows I'm a bad son and a selfish lover.
Speaker 7: Yes, you left out that you're also rude to service workers. Let's start with the biggest story in sports, the show heard around the world.
Speaker 9: This physical moment involving the WNBA's most high profile rookie raising questions unnecessary, Chicago's Kennedy Carter shoulder checking the fevers, Kaitlyn Clark knocking her to the ground.
Speaker 7: Oh whoa throw the flag center to that? Hey, come on, Kaitlyn Clark is clearly getting bull it. I'm sick of it. You can't just push people in sports unless it's football, hockey, dude, basketball, the Little League World Series or being drunk dad at the Little Whig World Series.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope all those dad shoves you into traffic, Jordan, because you couldn't be more wrong. As a lifelong w NBA Fancy's Kaitlyn Clott joined the league a few weeks ago, I can say with absolute certainty that that shof was barely of foul. Hey, the WNBA needs to get hotter if they want me the TAGA demographic to keep watching.
Speaker 1: Okay, you hear that, WNBA.
Speaker 4: Just because you don't have a penis doesn't mean you can't get hard as Jordan.
Speaker 7: Are you saying my penis is soft or non existent?
Speaker 1: Whichever had your feelings?
Speaker 2: More jokes on you, Ronnie, I'm dead inside.
Speaker 7: Look, I relate to Caitlin Clark, a superstar at the top of her game, surrounded by jealous peers. Caitlin, I see you, I am you, and we're not going to let bottom feeders like Ronnie Chang push us around, which brings us to Tonight's Jay Cleps can't lose Bet of the Week. What's the source of Ronnie Chang's crippling inferiority complex?
Speaker 2: Prought to you by gambling? Gambling? You can only lose if you stop.
Speaker 4: Okay, moving on from the Greatest Women's basketball player to the greatest men's basketball players.
Speaker 5: Son Ronnie James, the son of the NBA's superstar Lebron James, will remain in the NBA draft. His agent confirmed his decision today.
Speaker 13: James will forego his college eligibility after playing one season with USC and Bronnie James could be the first father.
Speaker 1: And son do it to play at the same time in the NBA. He's projected to be a second round pick, primarily because his father is Lebron James.
Speaker 4: Yo, Bronnie should not enter the NBA at all. Okay, it that zero chance you can live up to the legacy of his father. Go do something else, like being a tall dentist or a tall architect or a medium sized Wolf's tallest man.
Speaker 2: Quit wall.
Speaker 1: You're not ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's good advice, Ronnie.
Speaker 7: You should take it. Of course, Bronnie should join the NBA. The children of great people are always great themselves. Done Junior RFK Junior Carls Junior.
Speaker 11: Oh, good man.
Speaker 7: The only pressure here is on Lebron if his sperm can't produce a twelve time NBA All Star who reinvigorates the Space Jam franchise.
Speaker 4: Lebron's raided over rated. That's just what your mom said to me last night. So you.
Speaker 2: You made love to my mother poorly.
Speaker 4: Like I said, Jordan, I'm a selfish lover, which brings us to Ronniey's slim dumk bed of the Night. Who will be a greater disappointment to that father? Ronnie James LW Jordan Klepper. That's always brought to you by gambling.
Speaker 1: Gambling. It's like taking candy from a baby, but the candy is money.
Speaker 7: Finally, we turned to the shocking retirement of a sports legend.
Speaker 8: Well, he has won the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contests six times, but Takiu Kobayashi is retiring from competitive eating. He says he has health concerns now he needs attend to. It's forty six years old and says decades of overeating has left him with no appetite or sensation of fullness.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, this.
Speaker 7: Guy can't tell when he's hungry or full. It sounds like it's stomach just pulled a Jerry Maguire on him, just grabbed the goldfish, set audios to the kidney and walked right out.
Speaker 2: Does not sound like it was worth it.
Speaker 1: This was absolutely werfic Big Jordan.
Speaker 4: He got to eat tons of hot dogs and now he has no appetite. It's like freeo zempic okay Pobi Yashi's allegen not to mention he's Asian shutout Asians.
Speaker 1: That's right. I've only got to use guy like four times in my life.
Speaker 4: And shame on you Jordan for not supporting the work of one of our greatest Asian athlete.
Speaker 2: Hey, you are wrong, You're wrong running.
Speaker 7: I fully support his decision to step away from the game, which brings us to our double down Better than Nights, which Asian that host this program will retire next brought to you by gambling. Have you lost the ability to experience sensation?
Speaker 1: Try gambling?
Speaker 2: See how worse it can get. Well, we are out of zaime.
Speaker 1: I'm not retired.
Speaker 2: It's too late. The fans have spoken, ronning Jordas.
Speaker 7: Next time on Sports War, we'll be debating pick a ball better with guns?
Speaker 3: Nowt but you got it? Look Hi, Welcome back to a damn show.
Speaker 4: My guest Tonight is an Emmy nominator writer, actor, comedian who is in the new Netflix documentary Outstanding, a Comedy Revolution.
Speaker 1: Please welcome Jokim Booster, I a little bick.
Speaker 2: I love you.
Speaker 1: First tamandatory Asians on TV in moment, Yes, all right, okay into it. Yeah, thanks for coming on the show man, Thanks for having men. Dude.
Speaker 4: I've known you, you know, because you were in New York before I got here, and we were both comics run around New York. But we were never like I feel like we never really we were orbiting, but we never like smashed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and technically still haven't.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But you I k new York before me comedy. Remember you always super cool on me. I first moved to America and you had me on your show in San Francisco.
Speaker 13: Yeah that I mean I thought we were cool too. And then I came to this show and realized you hired a different gay Asian.
Speaker 2: Person to be a correspondent. Who the fuck is Troy a Lota?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Someone young.
Speaker 1: That believe it or not, I have no say on the hiring. Interesting, I'm learning, I'm learning, I'm learning.
Speaker 13: No, it was I remember meeting you in San Francisco too, when you did my show you I was so intimidated because you have this like rotted personality and you ended up being the nicest person on this and you were always so welcoming and like the stuff I was talking about in that clip, you gave me like actual good advice, which you were like, be funny.
Speaker 2: So ynd you said it, you said you said it pre.
Speaker 13: The set, and then you were if you said it after the set, it would have been insulting.
Speaker 1: But what was the context of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We were just shooting the ship.
Speaker 4: And then right, well, well, I mean this documentary, Well that's the thing. You know, comics. We love talking about comedy. We talked about all day and in this documentary, Outstanding on Netflix is kind of like a who's who of American not even only American gay comic.
Speaker 13: Global queer comics. And I will say I am like such a small part of that tapestry. The documentary is so cool because it really shows you, like people whose name who should be household names, who were actually trailblazing and breaking down barriers and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: So I could go out on stage and.
Speaker 13: Talk about Dixon and stuff like that without losing my career.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: In fact, I've made a pretty lucrative.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so's it's it's meeting meaning heroes, I guess when you are.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah, I was. We part of the docum. We did a huge show at the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 13: There were like thirty comics of like truly every generation there and it's great because I think, like, especially when I was coming up, there would always be like maybe one queer.
Speaker 2: Comic on the lineup and that was it.
Speaker 13: That would be like, that's that's too much as it is, and so we rarely got to like hang out on the same show, and so it was really nice. It was like a nice little like homecoming to just all be together on the same show backstage on stage.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was something. Oh yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 2: It was cool.
Speaker 4: And you know, that's that's that's kind of how I feel. And if I see you on the lineup, and if I'm on the show as well, I'm.
Speaker 1: Always like, oh yeah, it's Joel.
Speaker 4: You know, it's always like we don't need to explain, there's a shorthand and you know, and just for a record, I mean that, you know, the comics were in that documentary while on that show. So the documentary is about this big show they did at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles and some of those comics are my heroes too, you know. I'm Wanda Sykes was always super cool to me. Lily Tomlin, I have a vinyl that I bought. I've been trying to get her to sign it.
Speaker 2: For good luck. I think you'll get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one day, maybe I'll be lucky to meet her in person.
Speaker 4: And that was also the Hannah Gasby was in that Australia zone, and I think that was who I mean.
Speaker 14: We could go on online Margaret Show, who like talk about Trailblazer like she is the reason I do what I do now today, like bar nun Like she was the I said in the clip, like I wanted to talk about the stuff that people wanted to keep behind the curtain, and she was doing that at a time when it was actually risky to do that, you know.
Speaker 13: And so yeah, she she really is the person who opened.
Speaker 2: The door for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like like comics, we always like like to tip of the cap to the I don't know, we just always like heritage, you know, like our comedy heroes, like we almost I don't know about you, but I almost feel more beholden to them than than the audience in some ways, Like I just want to you know.
Speaker 13: Right, No, it's so funny, like I could be crushing in a room, but like I'm paying attention to the people standing at the back of the room who I'm like, oh my god, Ronnie seeing this joke five thousand times like always hates it, you know, But no, I honestly Runnie, and this is not just me sucking.
Speaker 2: You're National TV, but you you are that person for.
Speaker 4: Me like you are you are for a lot of them are No, I mean it sincerely.
Speaker 1: You made me sound like a piece of ship when you said I gave you advice. That doesn't assarily.
Speaker 4: Guys, I'm not going on to people showing going like hey, here's my advice.
Speaker 1: It was faunis.
Speaker 2: It wasn't so much advice.
Speaker 13: I think I was probably complaining and being like, oh I'm I'm I'm always getting told like what to say and what not to say. And I think for you, your reaction to that as a as a comic was just like it doesn't matter, Like the subject matter, it doesn't matter, you know, if you're gay, straight, by whatever it is. At the end of the day, if you're funny, you're funny. That's why, like I still do stand up because it's the it's the closest thing to a meritocracy in our industry because like with all the politics and everything of people saying like, oh I only got here because I'm a diversity higher or whatever.
Speaker 2: When I'm not on stage, that's my whole career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my whole career.
Speaker 13: But when we're out on stage and people are either laughing or they're not laughing, you don't think the funk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't laugh because of woke guys. Okay, that's not how it works.
Speaker 13: Like it's just like, no matter how progressive you want to seem, if the joke isn't funny, then you're not laughing. And that's why like stand up feels so good because I like nobody can tell me shit because these people are laughing, you know, yes.
Speaker 1: And so for yeah, agree, totally agree, And for all.
Speaker 4: Its flaws, stand up is the meritocracy. And you know, I think sometimes it's hot to explain comedy to people. I mean, I quote you in a recent Esquit audicle. Oh no sorry, Hollywood reported audicle. I read all your press pressed you said, like the mission can't come first, it has to be comedy first. Right, and sometimes it's hot to explain that to people. And so that's why what did you find it difficult in this documentary to talk about comedy us you know, just doing it well?
Speaker 13: No, because like when you're in a doc and you're sitting behind the camera and you're being interviewed like that, it's not comedy. But like I think the biggest pep beeve and the thing is is like people of all political stripes, across the political spectrum do this when a stand up show turns into a ted talk I'm out, you know, like I do, Like where are the jokes? You know, like you can't just come out and say an opinion and expect applause and sometimes you get it, but it's it's applauses is not laughter, you know, So you can't be mission for You always have to be thinking at the end of the day, is it funny?
Speaker 4: Yes? I think yeah, No, I no, I agree completely, and you know, and that's I think that's also how I feel so much kinship with you, not just the not just the Asians on whatever, but like as comedians, you know, because sometimes it's we're both out there and we're both trying to make it happen in weird bas and like in New York City, and oftentimes, you know, I never really play this cod a lot, but oftentimes on a lineup and there's no other Asians on that lineup, you know, and.
Speaker 13: It doesn't You just gotta because I think there's this weird assumption that because we take some of the same demographic checkboxes that oli our material will be the same.
Speaker 2: But it's like you and I will never.
Speaker 1: Ye two more different as Asian as.
Speaker 2: Men as like any of it.
Speaker 1: We just we're not We're not in the bottom and it's just different, just totally different club.
Speaker 4: But anyway, Joe, Hey, you're you're my brother in many ways and one you've been thank you for being so cool me when Plus came to America.
Speaker 1: You're killing it right now.
Speaker 4: I love everything you do, everything you do, Always watch it and you're the best.
Speaker 1: Uh joking Booths, I'll standing a commonly revolution, or at least on Netflix.
Speaker 4: June eighteen, joking boost everybody.
Speaker 1: We'll go here quick bit brank and we'll be right back after this. Hey, that's a show for tonight now here. It is your moment of them. It is a happy weekend for yours Julie, it's G squared. You know what G squared needs, gummies and golf.
Speaker 2: Oh baby, I got.
Speaker 7: Up with it all.
Speaker 2: Are you telling me you started off this saving box celebrating the effect that your wife and kids.
Speaker 11: I've got it once before, in the middle of the summer, I got the whole house to myself.
Speaker 1: I can be blown away and hit the campball.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts. Watch The Daily Show week nights at eleven.
Speaker 3: Ten Central on Comedy Central and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount Plus.
Speaker 1: This has been a Comedy Central podcast. Yew