Speaker 1: And I just wanted to know how you came up with them. Don't he the day? Because you mean, ay, a bunch of donkeys. That is what Charlemagne. We live a life where we rite are tongue based off who we may have been. He never was saying anything.
Speaker 2: On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: In the word of charlemagnea god, he's a donkey.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Charlemagne, you've given donkey a day to who.
Speaker 1: Now, yes, donkey today for Thursday, May first, is going to a thirty five year old Kentucky woman named Akisha Johnson. Now today is made first indeed, and do you know what today is. It's the first day of Mental Health Awareness Month. Okay, drop on the clues bumps of mental health away. This month is dedicated to raising awareness, promoting education, and providing resources to support those struggling with mental health challenges.
Speaker 2: And that is what we are doing today with this donkey.
Speaker 1: We are raising awareness to those struggling with mental health issues. Because Makisha is clearly struggling with mental health issues. Okay, she was a patient at a Kentucky hospital and she did something that a lot of people think about doing when the process at the hospital is taking too long?
Speaker 2: What do you mean, Uncle Shola.
Speaker 1: She did something that a lot of people think about doing when the process at the hospital is taking too long.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to WDR you for the report. Please hey.
Speaker 3: Woman is under arrest in Louisville after reportedly choking and assaulting a U OFL hospital nurse. Court records say a nurse was making her realm Saturday afternoon when thirty five year old Mikeisha Johnson allegedly attacked her. Please say. Footage of the incident shows Johnson choking the nurse, then flamming her to the ground, where she reportedly began hitting the nurse in the face. Officer say. Johnson claims she was angry at the staff were taking too long to discharge her. Johnson was charged with assault of a healthcare provider, wanton endangerment, and menacing.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, when you're ready to go, you're ready to go. Okay.
Speaker 1: We have all been part of the discharge process from the hospital in some way, shape or form, whether you've been the patient or whether you've been waiting with somebody.
Speaker 2: And yes, the hospital does drag their feet sometime. Okay. It is a hurry up and wait situation.
Speaker 1: Nothing is worse when you have to unexpectedly go to the hospital, like you know, you got to go to the ear, like something not right with you, or the kids got a bone out of side gets so you gotta up and leave the house and you didn't plan to.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you be so.
Speaker 1: Ready to leave the hospital once they tell you nothing wrong or they fix what is wrong. But the hospital do be taken forever. But just because you think about choking somebody doesn't give you the right to do it, Okay, especially when this nurse wasn't doing anything but her job. Nurses out here working long hours, they're underpaid, they're stressed, and they always put their own health ever risk just to take care of our sick asses. Okay, they do not deserve to be attacked on the job full stop. But also, if you're trying to speed up the process, Makisha, the quickest way to slow things down is by physically attacking the nurse. Okay, you're definitely not going home now, you're going to jail now. I'm not here to make excuses for her violence. Okay, what she did was wrong, but we have to know something was off with her mentally, right, You gotta know that there is a lot of things that are going to push people to the breaking point. In this day and time that we live in. It's gonna be a lot of things that are gonna make people snap. And it's because folks like Makeisha are walking around with undiagnosed mental illnesses. Okay, a lot of folks out here underpression, and they don't got no tools, no resources, no coping skills. They not going to no therapy, they don't have no emotional outlets. They just have frustration and nowhere healthy to put it, and they end up projecting on people the way that Makisha projected onto this nurse. And that's not an individual problem. Okay, that just doesn't stand with Makisha, that's a societal problem. We don't take mental health seriously. We tell people just demand up or suck it up or you know, get it.
Speaker 2: What, suck it up? You know you were best eat.
Speaker 1: Because I could have tied all of that in with Kanye too, but I did because he's somebody else that we know did with mental health issues and people be telling him to suck it up. He did it literally, But we tell people to man up and get over it. Or just deal with it. Meanwhile, people out here exploding over little things, okay, and others have to pay the price like that poor nurse. So we need to get people help, get them therapy. I personally don't believe this young woman, Makisha Johnson needs to be in handcuffs, but she does deserve to get the credit, uh today for being stupid, So give her the biggest he huh yes yo. And this man said, suck it up and people exploding over little things? Right?
Speaker 2: This was so much gay intention. Oh my god, got it? No album? But no, it is mental health aware.
Speaker 1: This wants to let's, you know, pay attention to what with mental health awareness is all about? Okay, there are people out here struggling with all types of mental health challenges that they don't know what to do with. So let this be the month that you know, we should do it all the time, but we should alway be raising awareness and promoting mental health education and providing resources to people.
Speaker 2: Who need it. To do that. Empathy, Am I gonna get empathy? Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: The reason I gave Mickey Johnson Donkey to day is because she's thirty five years old. At some point you know, you know you shouldn't know better about it. You know you're not responsible for your trauma, but you are responsible for your healing. I mean, I hear you just because what I think you said something crazy. Sam and Berger is trying to tell you.
Speaker 2: Drop this banana banana put abdul out there, abdueling?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, out there everything is trying to tell you everything. Have me the saying a sandwich, I got the one with cheeses, some special sauce.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to tell you, right, they out there in Newark, y'all.
Speaker 1: I was in Newark last week and I went to Iby, the same wich specialist, and my guy Due, I was like, yo, y'all gotta taste this because y'all think I'll just be capping when I'd be telling you how amazing things are. This is the guy who had caught up here and was like, you said, just gonna come to my spot and didn't come and then you went Is that him?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yes, that is a fire charlamage that Sam Berger hitting right, No, it's hits okay all, I'm saying, you's certainly right, Lauren. I told him put one to the side for you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I want some banana put in too Well, that's gone. It is you have too big Mac.
Speaker 1: Listen the banana put in going out do it's no more banana put it.
Speaker 2: There's no more. Oh he said, he got me. Don't worry about it. Don't worry about that. Just get a sandwich, Lauren. We got just fixed my mess. Coming up. It's the world's most dangerous morning to show. The Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull, Lamb and Soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael the Bull dot com. And when you mess with the Bull, you get the horns.