Speaker 1: What's that apple bed? And I'm pretty sure it's dead. He's coming this way. Wait a minute, half said Cyras J flens.
Speaker 2: E. Please, oh hey boo, how are you today? It's me ros dress Falas the bargain beIN Beauty, but also your paranormal hostess. I'm ghosted the show you're already listening to.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I want to talk today about hometown urban legends of the paranormal variety. Now, if you have one to share, you already know what to do. Just leave me five stars on Apple Podcasts, and then right in the review your hometown urban legend or ghost story, and I want to read it on the air if it's a real show stopper. But if you don't have one, you can also give me five stars. I love asking people to tell me urban legends because I think every town in the world has them. It's usually something like, oh, there's this street where if you put your car in neutral, the little children of the Fire from nineteen.
Speaker 1: Sixty two will push the car up there.
Speaker 2: It's usually something like that, or you know, if you're living in Mexico. I love hearing those because I know that there's some freaky shit that goes out and down there. I have a relative that told me that there's, uh, when he was a kid, that there's this this village legend of a gorgeous woman in a cloak that people would see walking around and then if you got close enough to.
Speaker 1: Her, she actually has the face of a pig.
Speaker 2: Winkink. Well, I'm gonna share a story about my hometown. I'm from Grand Rapids, Michigan. You know, like most Mexican people, we're the only pig faced lady I saw as a kid was me growing up. I knew the urban legend of the Aida Witch. There's this, uh, this little suburb outside of Grand Rapets called Aida and there's this super dark wooded area on the outskirts of the town that there's a very it's a very small street. Uh. It's really spooky. It's like, you know, you go at nighttime and it's like this country road and the trees feel like they're kind of caving in on your car, like from above, and you can't really see anything in front of you. It's definitely when you turn on your your what do you, I don't know cars, you know, when you turn on the lights and it's like extra b your extra your super brightes? Is that what it's called super rights? I don't know anything about, you know, because it's dark and spooky. And then there's this cemetery that's out there called Finley Cemetery, and that's where it's reported that there's this woman in white that people see walking down the road. And I've actually I've heard a few stories of her getting inside of the car and then all of a sudden, you're like, so where are you going tonight? And then she's gone. So it's a really popular place to go when you're like a high schooler. I used to go all the time. But here's the urban legend. Who is the Ada Witch? Okay, here's the story. A married woman was having an affair. Now, according to lore, her husband suspected the infidelity, so one day he decided to follow her into the woods inside Seedman Park. What the hell did you think was happening in a place called Seedman Park? He caught her in a little tryst with her lover, became angry, confronted them, and killed her straight off. The two men were fighting, they ended up causing enough injuries between the both of them that legend states they both died as well. So this area is pretty residential. There used to be hunting grounds there before. There was a bunch of houses, and hunters reported hearing people fighting in the woods and taps on their shoulder. Now here's an article I found from the local news channel wzz M thirteen. Ada resident Julie Wiley experienced a sighting. I was driving home from work heading down Bailey Street, said Wiley. I was coming up the crest of the hill and all of a sudden, I see a woman sitting in the middle of the street. She had a long, flowing blue dress on. She was sitting there waving her arms, and the words coming out of her mouth to me looked like she was asking help me, help me. Why she was asking it, though, help me, help me. Now it's been said for years and years that all three of those people, the woman, her side guy, and her husband, were all buried in the cemetery, and that the witch's tombstone was actually still standing. The Ada witch herself. Now, it was said that her name was Sarah McMillan. And I remember for years going out there as a kid and in high school, and we'd all try to find where's the aid of Witch's gravestone. It's Sarah McMillan. It's a really popular place where, like, at least when I was in high school, underage drinking would happen and then all the kids would go down there, and then there'd always be this one girl that would be like, you, guys, something just touched me. It really touched me. And then we'd all run and then there'd be Mike's Hard lemonade and Natty Ice cans everywhere. So it turns out that that woman, Sarah McMillan, she wasn't even the ad of witch at all. There was a woman named Nicole Bray who's a co author of a book called Ghosts of Grand Rapids. She really did some deep diving and digging, and she found out that that was actually a mother of two died of typhoid fever, and people for some reason just saw her tombstone because it looked old. It was from eighteen seventy and they said, oh, that must be the aid of witch, which I would be pissed if I died of typhoid fever. And then people told everyone that I was a witch for all eternity. So I want to squash that rumor. It is not Sarah McMillan. We don't know who the aid of Witch is. Honestly, who knows if she even was a witch. Who knows if that story even happened. It doesn't even sound like there was that story. I mean, a lot of research has been done, so it might just be an urban legend. But I do know from going out there lots of people taking photos and catching weird mist like things.
Speaker 1: Ps.
Speaker 2: This was when I was in high school, so no one was vaping at the time, and they caught all this mist on the cameras, and you know, people say that this woman appears, so who is she? Who knows? It is a cemetery, so I can see where there could be some spirits lurking around. One more thing I will say about Nicole Bray, the author of Ghosts of Grand Rappets.
Speaker 1: It was really sweet of her.
Speaker 2: She put out some feelers to get a new headstone for Sarah, the woman that we thought was the ad of Witch, because people kept knocking it down and taking pieces of the tombstone and selling it on eBay. Oh you could buy a piece of the aid of Witch's gravestone. So now she has a brand new one and I'm sure it's gorgeous. So if you're ever at Finley Cemetery, go pay your respects to this poor woman. Sarah McMillan. That is not the Ada Witch. So yeah, that's one of my urban legends from my hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Tell me yours.
Speaker 2: And on with the show, you guys, I am here with Kyle Heirs of the Never Seen It Podcast. So your podcast, it is where you have comedians that have never seen a movie. They write their own script.
Speaker 3: For write a script of what they think it is or what they wish it was, but they've never seen it.
Speaker 2: I'm the perfect candidate for the show because I've never seen anything. Are you the kind of person that watches?
Speaker 3: I miss almost everything. I had. The thing that kind of prompted it was I have a huge blind spot from growing up and we just never went to the movies or had cable. We'd have like some we never had movie stuff. And for what reason, I don't know. Just I grew up in Missouri and they just kind of wasn't. I think neither of my parents had it growing up, and so I just I have a brother who is ten years younger than I am, I'm thirty, he's about to be twenty, and I just saw a picture of him as a baby. So in two thousand and we had a thirteen inch console TV, like a wooden sided, like it looks like the TV they would have in a Christmas story or something like that. Old right, And so I'm like, well, this is why I didn't see anything. Is our TV was from nineteen sixty five. In two thousand, I think my parents just got a high definition TV this calendar year.
Speaker 2: Oh, congratulations to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a big year for them.
Speaker 2: Well those are so much easier to steal than those old ones.
Speaker 3: Old ones are. It was furniture first and television second, exactly. That's really what I think what they sold you was it all. It seems like like Don Draper tricked my parents into buying this TV or something.
Speaker 2: I literally don't watch anything, which is like what I'm saying, like, never seen it in the story of my life. And I live here in Hollywood where everybody sees everything.
Speaker 3: It feels like people see so many movies here.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: They'll go see movie, They'll go make a point of seeing a movie opening night. I had never heard of.
Speaker 2: I just Yeah, I watch really bad comedies, documentaries and horror movies and that's it. I've never seen a single Harry Potter movie. Yeah, I've never seen Star Wars. I've never seen a superhero. I've seen the Superhero movie with Michelle Pfeiffer, the Batman one, but I've never seen anything like superhero.
Speaker 3: Movies are almost just what movies are now. It's either that's almost like a like a document and it would be a genre of movie. Superhero is almost that prevalent. It's most of them.
Speaker 2: That's what that that whole thing missed me because when I was a child growing up in the nineties, all the other little boys loved Pokemon, superheroes, Harry Potter and basically that, and I would be on the playground and just like this is so like, I just want to be an adult. I've been talking to these kids.
Speaker 1: Oh did you hear about the.
Speaker 2: Latest and the OJ verdict?
Speaker 1: You hear?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm like talking and they're like they have nothing to say to me, and I'm like, I just can't wait till I'm an adult and I'll never have to hear about Pokemon or Harry Potter.
Speaker 3: Somehow We'll still be talking about the OJ Verdict though.
Speaker 1: We're still talking about that.
Speaker 2: And it turns out all the adults my age, all they care about is Pokemon Go and Harry Potter Land at Universal Studios.
Speaker 3: But to help you out, there is a lot of OJ content still. There's documentaries, there's mini series. It's just then the what do you see?
Speaker 2: You like?
Speaker 3: The OJ cinematic Universe, the OJU. I guess we could call it, we call it juice. I don't I remember about the OJ Verdict. Was my second grade teacher yelling at us about it. It's distinctly all Asso stated with Miss Simmons's. It's a very Miss Simmons things to do.
Speaker 1: So where'd you grow up?
Speaker 3: I grew up in Missouri in a town called Lake tap Wingo. It's very it's like eight hundred.
Speaker 2: That's like the most fun city name for like the most dark sounding state ever.
Speaker 3: Missouri is a bizarre state.
Speaker 2: It sounds it sounds like misery. It does sound like and then where you're from, Lake Tech.
Speaker 3: I think I have the hat on right now that this is you know how visuals play on a podcast? Yeah, gave me this hat for doing stand up there and this hat makes it look like Lake tap Wingo died in two thousand and one, but it was just like the seventy fifth anniversary of the city or year, but it looks like it like died in nine to eleven or something, and they're like recipes Lake tap Wingo.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's you know, a haunted place.
Speaker 3: Kind of a haunt I kind of I describe Missouri to people as like probably a season of Cereal eventually, you know what I mean. All of it is a true crime podcast about to happen all the time. There's just weird faux religious tones everywhere, and with that sort of follows like a lot of belief in ghost and belief in paranormal and or belief in nothing so like a pretty Christian, very Bible belty when it suits them sort of thing. Not as it's just a little different than the South, and it's a little different than other places in the Midwest. It's just kind of got this weird overlap and it has It's a state that's been around as far as people living there a lot longer than the state. Just bizarre lore around the state and things like that. But it's just interesting. It touches a lot of states. It's easy to get around.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I know that this is all I know about your paranormal experiences. You have made trips, a trip trips to the stoll Stole.
Speaker 3: Cancel, Kansas. Yes. Yeah. When I was in high school, in my latter high school years, which is how I'll start my worst novel, I was a ghost hunter. I got into like paranormal investigating really and it all started.
Speaker 2: Did you have the equipment?
Speaker 3: We had some of the equipment, and mostly like access to equipment. I guess if you want to figure out kind of where I'm from, you could get ghost hunting equipment at a library. That's where I grew up. That's probably a kind of good way to describe it is books, not as much, but ghost hunting. You know, you could get this stuff and you had access to it through whatever av programs the mid Continental Public Library had with them, And I was kind of interested in paranormal things. Life circumstances brought me thinking about it more often, and I started getting into it. And it was at kind of the time where more fun ghost hunting programming also existed on TV, where now there's ghost hunting shows. They take it, but there's be like fear on MTV and where I remember the cameras were facing them. They played that Godsmack song and got everyone excited to go God yeah, And so I started being there was there's always the folk tales that that sort of exist through high school and especially early Internet. Seemed to be everyone always thinks like when they were everything was perfect when they were a kid or whatever. But and so I don't mean to be sounding like that, but it was very easy for tales to spread when the Internet was You're on like a GeoCities dot com slash Haunted Missouri or a zanga for like you know what I mean, like zanga someone like giving e props to a ghost children.
Speaker 2: You never experienced zanga, right, But what was it.
Speaker 3: Was like a MySpace journal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you could have your own song on there, right.
Speaker 3: Your music?
Speaker 2: What was your song?
Speaker 3: Mine was probably Coheed and Cambria.
Speaker 2: Cam another word I have not heard another two.
Speaker 1: You're really thrown it back.
Speaker 3: Those words in that order. People interesting feelings. It was so we would you could really find enough information to get interested in ghost stuff.
Speaker 2: And I remember I remember going to a lot of web pages about ghosts, a lot of centered text with a patterned tile background possible comic sands, right yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and then your scroll and they're like one little gift of sort of moving of a ghost.
Speaker 1: And it was such a skeleton.
Speaker 3: If people don't know, the movie Space Jam has a very funny website that's still up that they haven't updated since the movie came out. Oh and you can go look at space and that's kind of how all. It really makes you feel like old. You like, hover over a link and it turns into a basketball and this stuff. Why did we develop the dumbest parts of the internet to work first? And so we would go to these sites and and and look up haunted places in Missouri and we would get very interested in them, and then haunted places around I grew close to Kansas City, so that's right on the border of Kansas and Missouri, and kind of go explore around these places. I remember early we went to one where so it would tell you these you know, you park your car, you leave your lights off, and then your car you'll feel your car shake and then there'll be handprints on the back of your cars like this.
Speaker 2: Many towns have that story exactly.
Speaker 3: That one seems to be like something sort of like that put.
Speaker 2: Some powder on the on the back of your car, and you'll see little baby fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: It definitely won't be your hands from when you put it there, it'll be. And so there were a lot of those and then we, you know, my friends and I were interested and we started reading about places around Missouri and I legitimately had and on my wall and still own a Missouri Kansas border map with sticky notes, almost like a conspiracy theorist map of the twenty most haunted places circa Missouri Kansas border, okay, and was like, we're going to go to all of them, and so we would kind of look them up and see which ones had the better stories versus which ones kind of seemed like not worth the time. A lot of insane asylums, a lot of this broken building used to be a hospital or something like that, and you would.
Speaker 2: Actually go to those places, Yeah, yeah, we would.
Speaker 3: We would write them all. We kind of like rank and wanted to make our way through through all of them. And so you're doing like a little bit of like a distance versus how scary we think it'll be, Like we're not going to drive eight hours to do the hands on the bumper, but we'll drive three hours for an insane asylum. Hell yeah, And lots of times you get there and it's just a rubble. And so we had a little bit of equipment, all night vision cameras, EVE record basically just recording audio.
Speaker 2: Did you have the MTV fear camera?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we weren't. Bank Viacom didn't reply to any emails unfortunately.
Speaker 2: But godsmack did We'll give you prompted. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They were like, we'll play live at the Insane Aside if you want, I live here and.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be there next week.
Speaker 3: And then number one on all these these lists were and this is probably the sixth or seventh place we went to was the Stole Cemetery in Stall, Kansas, which is listed as one of these the gateways to Hell, right, And so there's this belief in in hyper Christian wings of that there's actual physical entrances to Hell where uh, anyone who's tryed like, if you're coming to Earth from Hell, you come from one of these blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they say there's seven gateways to Hell. Yes, so we know one, where are the others? There's the Burbank Town Center mall for real.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna say, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I don't even know any of the other ones marshalls.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been there?
Speaker 1: It is this time, my ex wife's house, my mother's house.
Speaker 3: The biggest thing for us with this place is we found out that the Benedict who was the pope at the time, would not fly over any of them, and so that gave it a lot of validity, even though he was a Nazi. So maybe we should be listening to his flight paths or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, isn't he the one that was like, I'm good, I'm.
Speaker 3: Out of see who retired?
Speaker 2: Yeah the door not really.
Speaker 3: No one who wants to retire to Venezuela who's one hundred should be allowed to.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so but this is a big It gives a lot of validity, you like, and you read God, this says the Popo flyer stole. It's got to be so serious.
Speaker 2: And it's a very small town. It's like twenty people live.
Speaker 3: No one lives there, it's nothing. And we look it up and it's maybe an hour and fifteen minutes from where we want to go or from where we live. And so we had this routine where we would always go very late on weeknights because you want to minimize the amount of people that'll be around, right, so you want to be there at two three in the morning on a weeknight because that's the least chance of everyone has the same internet. We did some weekend things and you sometimes another car would roll up or something like that, and so you kind of want to make sure you're doing these things when no one else will be around, and so we would always meet an all carpool from the same McDonald's. It's just very it's you know, the biggest thing happening in Blue Springs, Missouri is the McDonald's. And we would carpool there and someone would drive and we'll try and leave people's names out. And so we decided it's like a Wednesday night and we're like, we're going to go to stole. This is like the thing that we've kind of been waiting to do. At this point. My belief in ghosts is hyper one way or the other depending on recent things. So I very much will be like this is all a farce. You go and you see what you want to see, and you convince yourself of these things or I'm very much like I see ghosts just kind of depending on what mood I'm in. I'm in like a malleable emotional state at the time anyways, let alone just being a high school kid and being like hormone rageing crazy, and so I'm I at this I probably am pretty sure I have seen ghosts at this point. So I'm going in with that sort of open mindset.
Speaker 2: But like, what experiences were you using where you drawing from that you might have seen a ghost before.
Speaker 3: So when I was in this is a case a little bit heavier of a but that's okay. When I was in a year before that or so, my best friend killed himself and it was like a very weird situation and like that also it was super kooky, and it was like, since it weird situations, I so trivializing, but it was it kind of like left me feeling it was a point where I was quasi like living over where he was and someone I saw every day and our families were very close, and then like everything surrounding it kind of left me like emotionally drained and unsure how to deal with it because I was a kid, and I don't I think I like unfairly had expectations my parents were how to help me with it. I was very resentful towards my other friends in high school because I feel like we all sort of let it happen. And I was also very like upset about fallout of it. Counseling and like things like that all felt very fake. And it's it messed with my sleep schedule very much, and I was having like nightmares every night, and I saw I was very tired, and I was very strung out, and I was very sad and alone. And then sometimes I would have of dreams that sort of bled into reality and I would see him. I would see my friend Brett, and and I would be awake and certain it was a ghost or some sort of ghosts. Sounds almost like too funny, you know what I mean? Yeah, but like some sort of iteration of something where I could interact with him. And I've had conversations with him before and still not even you know, still within this year. It's something that pops up every once in a while if I'm like a stressed out or if I'm like just if something's happening and I can't quite get myself together. It seems like something that'll come back when my sleep starts to you know what I mean? And and then I started it. See, it just seems so real. And I will go and I would visit where he was buried, and and I would see him there and I would see like, uh, I would have conversations and it sounds very we dumb to say out loud, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, No, no, I I totally get what you're saying. Yeah, I have that as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have.
Speaker 2: A grandmother that is, I have a couple of grandmothers that are like come in, they come into my life. In certain times, they'll they'll kind of appear, the presence will be known.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't even, I guess. And before without a tangenting too far from our stole trip, I what it is now, I'm in some weird place where everyone is very certain about how they feel about everything. I'm just kind of in a place where even I use the idea of like what a ghost is or something like that is like whatever iteration of him that is that I can interact with, even if it's something that's let's say, on a complete non believer side, it's a thing that exists only in my brain as a way of coping. I'm not ruling out the idea that whatever happens you after you die allows you to exist in and out of someone like that to communicate with them, you know what I mean. I don't have the answers for these things, so I'm still very open to the idea whatever science wants to label something can still be as a result of some non scientific thing. So that led me into this whole like ghost thing. That kind of moved me into it, and we started.
Speaker 2: Uh So that's when after that experience is when the paranormal research and stuff started.
Speaker 1: So you start a whole.
Speaker 3: Right, and so you start at least having interest in it and then not I would say, like minded people, but then you meet the people who are like ghost onners you're like, well, like minded is not the term.
Speaker 2: To use for each other, but an experience like that can lead you to believe that there is more existence after after death, or you know, it opens your mind to so many possibilities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I would always try and be not deprecating or negative about it, but just sort of accepting and positive and happy that he's around in whatever way that he's around and it's tough, and it's it's it's but yeah, it definitely led me into like the people go hunt for and it was probably out of like, let me try and get my friend on videotape, you know what I mean, let me try and get something here, because a lot of the early things were taking this equipment down to that cemetery in where he's at and roaming around and having a few bizarre uh encounters. I don't want to, yeah, I don't want to start telling stories inside of stories or anything like that and and lose every one. So we'll get back to what we were talking about.
Speaker 2: The uh.
Speaker 3: Well, one time I do remember, it's a very like UH when I was so I was at the cemetery in Blue Springs where where my friend is buried, and walking around trying to just kind of like feel things, and it was just like, you know, it's just there, super late at night with a couple of friends, and then someone kept yelling to stop. Someone's like stop, stop, stop, stop, and I hadn't didn't recognize any voice or anything, and so I'm like, okay, okay, and so I stopped thinking it's like one of my friends yelling at me, but not. And wherever I was standing, and I and and I sort of like got my bearings. And where I was was right where my grandfather is buried. It was like and so I just sort of like gathered my composure. And I had never it had been a long time since I had visited where he was buried, and had never even associated that he was in the same cemetery. Like you could have told me it was a different city.
Speaker 2: You heard you heard someone say, stop, it wasn't one of your friends.
Speaker 3: It wasn't. I just assumed it was, but it was not. No one was around. And then I just sort of got my bearings. And then there is you know, Mueller, and the dates all add up, and that's it's my mother's father. And and I was just like, I mean, maybe I'm reading into this thing. Maybe it's something you know. It's then you start to wonder where what I'm you know, I don't know. And it's still sort of just like a vague thing in my head. And so so I'm very interested in these things. I start getting more into it. You start noticing around where I grew up there's like old Victorian houses that they used to do these experiments on people, and you wonder what's real, you wonder what's not real. We go to a lot of these places, and most of my reactions leaving the places are I could get what I want. This will reaffirm my believe either way. If I think there are ghosts, I will find them here. If I don't, I won't. You know, there's answers for everything on either side, and so we decided to go to Stoll. Stole is the big thing. Stole is sort of what all of these sites referenced, where it's like, oh, Missouri, Kansas, there's this place, there's this place, and you have to go to Stole. There. People aren't allowed there anymore. Radio stations used to try and do stuff there on Halloween and the city kicks everyone out. They're like, if you're gonna go, you have to be super careful. The people there hate this, They hate that people just come walk around and look for this because a small town, and so like, you have to have to go. The people will call the cops immediately. You can't do anything. And so we're like, let's go. We're gonna go. We're gonna go on some weeknight. We go very late, we meet and this McDonald's and it is downpouring, downpouring to like, if it rains as much in Los Angeles, people don't go to work. Well that's not saying that much. But if it is anything, it is downpouring.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: It is. You can't hear people in the same car, it's raining so low. And so we decide, we're like, well, do we even want to do this? It's raining so hard. And then someone who's in the group is like, it's better because no one will be there.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, there's that. And then there's also part of the lore is that there's a an old church instilled. Do you know about this?
Speaker 3: Is this part of the story, there is an old there's the yea, well that there's.
Speaker 2: An old church that the roof kind of no longer exists and it doesn't rain, it doesn't get wet inside of it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we this, We want to go for this exact church. And so we decide to go and it's it's it is. It is a good idea if you're going to trespass, to do it as late, during as inclement as weather that you can ham just from a practicality standpoint, And so we decide so we're like, let's go. It's pretty close to a straight shot down I seventy west for us, just ahead into Kansas, and then you get off and you kind of just divert until highways get smaller and small once more. And so we're driving and it's about thirty thirty five minutes in where we start to get into Kansas. No one's out. It's some trucks in us some middle of the night. And we start to get to a toll. And so you get into Kansa, you get to a toll. I wish everything didn't rhyme. It really makes it sound like a folk tale when everything rhymes and you pay, and we get to the toll, we pay it and and we drive through. And then after we get through the toll, you know when it's fifty lanes and it gets down to one after a toll, someone gets right behind us, and it's like very bright, and we don't know if their brights are on or if it's just rain because everything headlights amplify the lights so much. And so we're just commenting on this, we're talking, we're goofing off, and then we get to the exit to start to head towards stall. I mean it still small enough where it's not the city on the exit, do you know what I mean, it's like just an exit. Yeah, and then you gotta go and you gotta eventually, I imagine there's one sign and this is maybe we're using a garment, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: This is there like Tom to.
Speaker 3: Right, someone's Tom Tom someone the parents have a subscription to Tom Tom to help us get there.
Speaker 2: So a garment or a Tom Tom. They were a GPS device because we didn't have him in our phones at the time, which I still have mine because I don't know if I feel like, oh I just might need it one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was only maps. This is what it was, satellite maps, but it was everything when it came out. Yeah, this follows me when I turn exactly, and I still to this day. My dad hand writes directions to people because he doesn't have a cell phone, and so he's very much like you could be driving to Los Angeles from Kansas City and my dad would be like, okay, well, first you're gonna when you leave the house take a right, oh my god. And then you're gonna do a couple more right, and then a left, and then you're on that road for thirty one hours and then a left and that he'll describe it to you, and he'll pull out a piece of paper and flip it over and draw you like, okay, here, you'll get to Denver. Here, like he'll drop the whole line for a ten hour drive and then when you get to Denver, there's a huge tree on the exit and you're gonna take a left.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And he just he just doesn't he does, he just doesn't think. And sometimes now Hubec, you can put in your phone right like he's like sarcastically burning my phone. Like my phone doesn't care if you don't like it. It loves it. And so so we would we probably drew the directions down, I would imagine, just based on everyone's based on the class system that we were all coming from. I don't know. We might have had a garment, but probably map quest and then wrote down the map quest results, of course. And so we get off. So we go and we're driving, and we go to get off at this exit, and that car that was following us gets off at the same eggsit.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. And it's not the kind of situation. And there's only one lane, so they can't pass or.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, they could have passed us on the interstate, but we're all both just kind of cruising. It's raining so hard. No one's speeding. We're all going basically the speed of semi trucks. So everyone's in it's a two lane interstate, but everyone's in the right lane because it's raining so hard. And then we get off, and then this person gets off and they're close enough to us where we're like, oh, the car's getting off. You notice there's nothing happening. Yeah, and you you don't rational, you know, in your head, you're like, they're probably just you don't your first thought isn't we're being followed? Sure, your first thought is they're probably your first that's nothing. And then you notice they're still behind you. You're like, that guy got off too, what's up with that? So you drive maybe five ten more minutes, taking some turns. This car is still behind us.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate that.
Speaker 3: You're taking a lamp, taking a right, they're still behind us. Everything's getting a little smaller, right or near less and less stuff. There's no longer even gas stations. This is nowhere. We're in nowhere. It's Kansas. The whole thing is almost nowhere. And we're driving and we get onto the turn to go into where you'll finally see like a stall sign. It's not even like welcome, it's just like still pop eighty whatever. And we turn in and this car follows us again. And so now we're starting to think they're following us, and so we're like, well, if they're following do we what do we do? Do we do? We drive and circle you turn to see if they're following do we go? And then someone wants to be brave and they're like, just go. They're not. There's four of us, do you know what I mean? Or whatever. It's like just go. And so we drive and we drive and we drive, and they're still following us. They're still following us. They're still following us. And so then when you get this into the actual area where the Stoll Cemetery is, so it's kind of on a hill and up around the corner of the cemetery. My hands aren't gonna play on the podcast, but they'll help you. Uh So, when we're driving on this side, the cemetery comes up on a little bit of a hill and the church you're talking about is around the edge, just on the far side of the cemetery, which is just then next to the woods and a lake, and so it's a little isolated thing that broken churches up there across the street. There's a church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a new church in the new church church.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also another brick building which is just a little ways down from the church but basically adjacent to it, which is a fire department.
Speaker 2: And it's like a real working I.
Speaker 3: Don't know whatever Stole would have. I'm sure the county probably does most of stuff, sure, And just the building out there. And so we're pulling up and we kind of see it, like there's a cemetery, the cemetery on the right, and so we were like, all right, we'll just pull into this church. And here we start thinking involved, like what's our rationale here? If this person maybe they're from here and they know what you know what I mean, they're tired of us?
Speaker 2: Now, Like how many miles or so at this point were these people?
Speaker 3: Have we gone on the same path as this PERSONA thirty.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so scary.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's enough to where you you will it is and it's not like, you're driving thirty miles to the beach where a bunch of people go to the beach every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and so during the rain at night.
Speaker 3: During the rain at night, it's to something in the morning probably, And so we decide to pull into this church and we so we pull the car into the church. We're in like a floord escape, right, and we park on the far side of the parking lot under like a little bit of some tree cover, blah blah blah. And we're like, Okay, what's our what's our story? And what will we do if this guy is following us? And then the car following us does turn into the same church parking lot and parks on the opposite side of the parking lot of us, the side closest to the street, closest to the cemetery. And so now we're like, they're following you know, I mean, they are following us. What are we going to do? Initial thought is they live here and are tired of people coming here for this, and so they're gonna tell us to not do this.
Speaker 2: But how would they have known from thirty miles away?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. That's kind of that's the other that's the back and forth is like, well they could maybe they were going home to the area and saw that we were going here and saw Missouri plates, and we're like, god, damn it. Some kids blah blah blah, like kinda you know, went a little bit out of their way to come stop us from doing this.
Speaker 2: What kind of car was this?
Speaker 3: They're in? Like a minivan?
Speaker 2: Oh the nothing good happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one's ever been a minivan away from success. Yeah, everyone's been a minivan away from roots, from planting roots, not the show. And uh and so we uh, we sit there for I couldn't tell you five minutes or six hours a long time, but it feels however long it is, it feels like a long time. I'm deciding what we're gonna do. I'm like, well, what if we just leave. We haven't done anything illegal. What if we tell them we were lost? What if we tell them we were just turning around? But then he pulled him behind us and freaked us out. And eventually, once someone just wants to be is like, let's just go. They're probably just here to do what we're doing. Maybe they'll come with us, And we're like, oh, wait, for some reason, that made sense.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: We're like, yeah, they're definitely also here to hunt ghosts. Yeah, And so we just get out of the car. It is pouring. We're no umbrellas, like just like hats and you know, I probably in a trash bag that I cut a head hole in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a classic like you're at a Gallagher Company.
Speaker 3: Eat everywhere is the splash shown for me at this point. And we get to to we have to walk by the minivan to go to get up the little walkway to go in the cemetery. And so we walk by then van kind of trying to stare straight forward, and I glance over and there's just someone in the driver's seat with the hood up, like not the like a hoodie hood up. Oh okay, and they don't look at us. They stay staring straight forward. We just cross the street, we go up, we start to get in the cemetery, and then we're just like you kinda you forget about the looming situation that is this person in this car, and we start actually doing what we're trying to do. And so no audio reader is going to be that great because it's pouring rain and we're taking some night vision video and we're mostly exploring around and there's very old graves. This is an interesting cemetery, but it's just a cemetery. And then we find the church. Well, we find the church. It is caved in, it is raining in it. We don't want to get too far in it because it's kind of a little bit of a build up with like a rock area. And then because there's all this mythos of like it was it was a Satanic church and that it got struck by lightning at some point, and so it is just it's a caved in church. No one wants to go in. It's a little dangerous, and it's it's like caved pretty far like into a pretty far down. So we kind of explore around this church. There's a big circle path around the entire cemetery, and then a little bit of like how cemetery paths work, which are mostly just beaten down footpaths in between graves. And then we're trying to find if what a literal gateway to Hell is. And so we've been told and read that there is like there is a space that is this for whatever reason, there's a space that is the actual gateway to Hell, and you can look and you can find it. And so we're roaming around. It's very dark. You don't even you know, we have flashlights, but you're trying not to use the flashlights, and there's a couple of street lights, so it's not impossible. And eventually someone finds what we think is is the gateway to Hell that is at Stoll Cemetery. And it's sort of just a little bit of an enclave down into the earth. And then you go down and it's half the size of the studio we're in now, right, so it's like eight by eight maybe, and it's just like a dirt space down not completely underground, but in a cemetery.
Speaker 2: Well you guys went down there.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's just you.
Speaker 3: Can just kind of like a little hill into it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And so it's kind of creepy at the time. It is very creepy at the time. I'm also like, is raining. We probably don't want to, but are.
Speaker 2: You sure It wasn't like where they were going to bury someone or it.
Speaker 3: Was a little more established than that, right, It wasn't like a grave, but it was a thing you can enter and a couple of you could be in it at the same time, and so we walk around, we take whatever it video and nasty. It's pretty nasty at that point. And then you also start to realize like, uh, you're kind of on the side of bodies now instead of being on top of and that's that's very creepy feeling. And so we don't spend a lot of time there. We don't want it's disgusting. We're disgusting. We get up when we start to walk back around, and then this is when it gets like unexplainable.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm already creeped out.
Speaker 3: We start to explore around a little bit more and it borders some woods, right, and so you're kind of the back wall, i'll call it, of the cemetery of the far side is woods. And we're walking along and it's very quiet, and then we're all no one's talking, just kind of calm. And then as clear as I can, hear something and as anyone anyone, and I cannot explain it, you hear wait for me, I'm right here, and it's none of us, and no one said. We all turned because we all looked at each other. It's none of our voices and none of us. We didn't know and you just heard it. It maybe the wool, maybe the wood, maybe the woods, but like right there, right right now, almost like someone's entering your group. And then and wait, and then we took off.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I thought this was gonna be a fun show.
Speaker 1: So we left.
Speaker 3: We ran, we ran, we ran downhill, we left the cemetery, We ran across the street. We get into our car, we get ready to leave. Once we got back into the parking lot, the guy in the minivan got out of his minivan. He went around to the back of the minivan. He opens a hatch, he grabs whatever, a bag something out of the minivan, something like two hand sized thing, and he takes off up through the cemetery into the woods. And we just left. What the voice was, I mean, the voice was a woman's voice that we heard, and we didn't know what to So we leave. We don't want to be there anymore. I don't even want to be there now. And we leave and we're driving back and says anything. We get back and get back. A few weeks go by, right, some time passes and we're all in high school and we come into class one day and one of the friends I was with us comes up and he has this like article from a newspaper and he's like, look at what happened here? And they found a body around the outskirts of the lake, right next to the stole cemetery. Timing wise would line up from when we were there. Didn't know where it came from, just someone they thought might have died on their own.
Speaker 2: What yeah, so what is your theory do you think that that man had a body in his.
Speaker 3: Well, we were curious. It was not a body sized thing that he pulled out of his van. The only way I could describe it as like one of those bags of pool queue would come in. You ever see someone carrying around the room?
Speaker 2: Not at all?
Speaker 3: Uh uh, I'll google it though, yeah yeah, or I don't really know how like a bowt what a bow and arrow would be. I don't want to imply it a bow and arrow, but like something that size. Okay, so it freaks out. Maybe if a shovel you unscrewed a shovel in half? Maybe a shovel. Well there's and so we decide we want to go back. No, a little bit of time has passed, but what did they you know? Who died? Like there was no information. It was a very small thing. It wasn't like it. It wasn't like they were looking for a murderer. They had no information. They just found someone. And we just said to go back. And we drive back once again, like late at night one night, to go back to Stole. And we get there. It's not rain or anything. It's and we were driving down the road in between the church and the cemetery and then we see there's some people sitting out in front of this brick building and the one next to the church, and there's people sitting out there and it's late two same time, even driving.
Speaker 2: The car and not raining though not raining, and as.
Speaker 3: We're driving, one of the guys walks right in the middle of the street and then he puts his hand up to stop the car. And we're just like, do not stop, Like that's just in the car, like do not stop. And he's like holding his hand up to stop the car, like do do not stop. And so my friend just bolts around him and and we even have to find a back way out, and we decid we didn't investigate what was happening there because we didn't want to talk to that guy. Nothing from talking to whoever that guy was who just walked in right extract that man with no fear of death or at least getting hit by a car.
Speaker 1: And it was even alive.
Speaker 3: Still, I don't know. And that's kind of and and and and not a lot has really been you know, I've done a little bit of like trying to find out what happened, and and it it's all a little scrubbed, and it's all very.
Speaker 2: Vague, the death or the body, and then all of.
Speaker 3: It and and kind of just disappears. And the voice I could just I mean, if I heard it, if that person was here, I could tell you it was her. Even if there were twenty people here who sounded like her, I could be right there if I heard that specific voice. It's very distinct in my head still, and we never stole his sense, sort of like revamped the cemetery in an effort to keep people from going there, and it, you know, I don't know if you can renovate Hell. It sounds like some sort of Gordon Ramsey kitchen show.
Speaker 1: And uh, because it be Kabitha's Hell take exactly.
Speaker 3: Oh Hell Flippers, it's just two guys try to flip Hell and resell it. I think it's just because it, with the rise and spread of information on the internet, became probably overrun, and then people start trying to do things like radio station there on. Like Halloween, we're outside still, let's go hassle these people.
Speaker 2: I've read a lot about them about Halloween, in particular, because the part of the lore is, let's see, I wrote some of this down. The devil appears in the cemetery. The devil himself or herself, I don't want a gender. I don't know what the devil identifies as in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen, so the devil appears in the cemetery two times a year, the spring equinox and Halloween. So those are like big nights in the area, and they always people always get shut down by the cops and by locals. But apparently the devil is visiting a witch that was buried there. And there's actually a tombstone that no one really knows who it is, but it has the word witticch, which is witty teach.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we probably went in with that information, and sure it just never all a sudden became a blur pretty quickly in my head.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's a little story that I read online. Okay. One story told of two men who were visiting Stole Cemetery one night and became frightened when a strong wind began blowing out of nowhere. They ran back to their car, only to find that the vehicle had been moved to the other side of the highway and was now facing in the opposite direction. Another man claimed to experience this same anomalous wind, but inside of the church rather than in the graveyard. He claimed that the sinister air current air current knocked him to the floor and would not allow him to move for some time. Incidentally, it is inside the same church where they where witnesses say no rain will fall, even though the crumbling building has no roof.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't believe someone went into that. It looked hazardous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know when. This website that I went to was very much those early web page situations, So I don't know how long.
Speaker 3: Ago that was a big draw was wanting to go to that, and we just were like, for safety's sake, we're not gonna climb up the edge of a wall.
Speaker 1: Well, good thing your car was still where you parked it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it sounds like our car was parked where cars got moved to. Oh, because I could see where they probably parked if it crossed the highway. Ambitious of them to call the highway if it crossed the if it crossed which I guess it is the highwayway. Yeah, I would see where someone would try and park in the drive of the actual cemetery. We just didn't want the car to be visible there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, EVP h evly Okay, Well, we do a little game here on Ghosted called EVPs or ev please okay, basically what the game is because I find typically on YouTube people's EVPs electronic voice phenomenon that they have recorded, so essentially they believe they've recorded ghost voices. Now we've all seen it on these TV shows. It'll be like they're like, oh no, he just said I'm thirsty or whatever, and a lot of times that you can't. It doesn't sound like.
Speaker 3: You said, I'm for sure a ghost. Put me on TV.
Speaker 2: You put me on TV with my break I rerab my headshot.
Speaker 1: Uh So.
Speaker 2: This was uploaded by a YouTuber named Bunny Roquette. You're gonna first hear some leaves crackling, and I want you to tell me what you think. This first evpiece says we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Do it again. It's really quick, got it.
Speaker 3: It almost sounds like get fucked to me for a second.
Speaker 2: I definitely said you can definitely hear get get ye, I can hear get the.
Speaker 3: Get the or get my dad is kind of what I heard. I don't mean to project on it.
Speaker 2: I hear get the wand the wand.
Speaker 3: Let me Yeah okay, I heard, well yeah, yeah, get the I definitely hear the get the. It also sounds very urgent.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: It is believed by this YouTuber that they're either saying get the wall or hit the wall. Now. It's funny because this YouTuber says that they were actually talking about this little wall that they noticed that somebody made out of bricks. So that's why they believe they might have said.
Speaker 3: It was something that stood out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were just.
Speaker 1: Talking about it, Okay, okay, okay, yeah, I like, uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once you have the context to it, you're okay, sure, I'm.
Speaker 2: Here with now this one. Uh. This was recorded after the YouTuber had just talked about The YouTuber says that they got a feeling of urgency, like they needed to just get out of there. Yeah, and then they heard this.
Speaker 3: That was so quiet it sounded like help me though I still here.
Speaker 2: Helped me me too, and that's what the YouTuber thinks they said. So they're like, okay, I'm getting out of here. And then they heard someone say help me wait one more time.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 3: These are the ones where I hear something like this and I'm like people who claim that this is only the wind, I'm like, this is fucking Is this the genie from Aladdin making this wind? Because that's not the wind. That's something.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was the genie from Aladdin.
Speaker 3: Well that is Will Smith's non blue version. Okay, oh yeah I heard about that. Okay, that sounded like help me though, that's what they believe it said.
Speaker 2: So spooky?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 2: Were those the voices that that hurt that said what you heard it was?
Speaker 3: It was no, it was clearly like this. Those those were both tone toneless, you know what I mean? I whispers this was someone uh mad they were being ignored.
Speaker 2: Or just terrified.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it would be more fun. In my head, the story is more fun, But then when I tell it, I'm like, oh, it's mostly not as fun. It's kind of scary.
Speaker 2: No, it is fun, but it's very scary. Yeah, it's fun to be scared.
Speaker 3: It's it is. It is the Yeah, it is the fun to be scared thing.
Speaker 2: And I just don't like poking fun or anything at like a gateway to help. I did make a couple of jokes, yeah, the gateway to help. But there's something about such a sinister place like this that it scares me so much to like to make fun.
Speaker 3: And I used to be in a more cynical place in my head of like why would there specifically be like Stole is so like it with Christ? And then I just the older I get, the and the more I'm okay with not having to have a definitive answer for everything, the more I'm just like, well, there's a reason there's so much overlap in the folklore of all humans. People from all over the world before you could communicate, all over the world had similar experiences as far as lore, similar spiritual experiences, similar monstrous experiences. So this is probably just a place where something happens and it's being attributed and projected into Catholicism or whatever, right, but it is maybe those specifics aren't where it is. But there's a reason that places like this existed and superseded any specifics.
Speaker 2: Well, and it from what it seems like, it doesn't seem like good, right, you know, whether it is the devil themselves or not it is.
Speaker 3: Or h the devil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was very much generally the vibe was very creepy and just existing there, and then everything else that happened circumstantial or because of just amplified it, I guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the thought that people live there.
Speaker 3: It's truly weird place to invest in real estate, right.
Speaker 2: And there's it says online that there's people that live there and they hate people visiting, and there's lots of theories that they're not even of this earth.
Speaker 3: There's also some I know people for a long time believed everyone who lived there was a Satanist masking as someone else. Like and then sometimes I'm like, yo, just move. I mean, I know that you can't always just move, but it's like how you settle down and stole it. It's not like there's anything to draw you here. It's not work.
Speaker 2: I don't know how this is work at McDonald's, but there's McDonald's in every town. You can transfer.
Speaker 3: I don't want one hundred miles from Stoll where people park before they drive to Stole. You can work at that one which chapel roade in I seventy. It's always hiring.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for being tell people where they can find you in and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm just kind of Kyle Ayers across everything. Kyle than a Y E R S. So jumped on most of those handles pretty early. So That's where I'm.
Speaker 2: At, spooky. Thank you so much for listening. As always, I want to hear your ghost stories. So here's how you can get them to me. Please write a review. Give me five stars first, so or I'm not reading your story. You gotta give me five stars first if you like the show. If you didn't like the show, you wouldn't care about me reading. So anyway, give me five stars. Please on Apple podcasts, on Stitcher, on Himalaya or anywhere that podcasts are found in any place, you could give me a fabulous rating. And I want to read your story on the air in a future episode. Also, if you have had an EVP experience, if you have captured the voice of a ghost, send it to me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. Be sure to tell me a little bit of a backstory and what you think the ghost said, and me and my guests will try to figure out if that's true or not. Please help my childhood dream come true of becoming an Instagram celebrity by following me at Roz dres Falise on Instagram. I'm also on Twitter. I have a Facebook page. You can find out some live appearances on there as well. I love you all so much, Thank you for listening, both living people and dead people. You mean the world to me. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me Gamebye.