Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now in the air.
Speaker 1: Every it is a football Sunday. But forget those Network TV pregame shows. No, no, no, A little little bit, just a little bit of the Fifth Hour with me, Big Ben and Danny g Radio. That is the perfect warm up to your football Sunday. And I will be at my first NFL game this year, Danny. Later today, I will be at SO five Stadium in the hood in Inglewood. I am scheduled, barring some kind of last minute snap who I am scheduled to attend a game that should be over at halftime, which means I can get out of there just after halftime. My Rams who are actually taking resumes. If you want to play for the Rams today, send your email with your resume of the Rams. They might put you in the line up the fifty three man roster today as they are beaten, broken and tattered and massive underdogs at home against the forty nine ers, and I'm imagining that there'll be a hostile takeover of red forty nine fans. The thing about this, and I've seen this a lot. I've been to forty nine ram games for the last couple of years, and I was at the NFC Championship game when the year they got to the Super Bowl. It is amazing, Danny, how many dudes our age are Dodger fans and forty nine er fans. You'd think those things would not go together, but there was no team in LA for a good stretch of time, and so a lot of guys went to the Niners.
Speaker 3: I guess we also have, you know, a lot of cross pollination between Northern California and southern California, just like how my family went back and forth between the two regions. That's why you get a lot of Dodger fans up in Northern California that invade the park there whenever the Dodgers is at the Giants. But you're right, because there was a void for a while, you'd get Cowboys fans because of the training camp situation in California, it's a lot of Rams, Cowboys, Raiders, forty nine ers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Dodgers though, at this point, everywhere the Dodgers go, it's like a mass migration. There's like a stampede of Dodger fans. It's unbelievable, like how many. Like it just blows me away, like a Dodge has always been somewhat popular, but when I was around the team, we'd go on the road and some there would no Dodger. You can see a couple Dodgers fans. It seems like everywhere they go. Now they have this massive bull rush at Dodger fans. It's wild. I know they have the fan group that does that and schedule stuff.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I was just going to bring them up based off the color of the Dodger blue.
Speaker 1: Okay, I forget the name of it, but yeah, those guys are.
Speaker 3: Wild online to social media, inviting fellow Dodger fans on these big trips that they do. They're very organized and it's amazing how well Dodger fans travel.
Speaker 1: You wonder how much they're actually are they making money on that because they're probably what they're doing is they're like travel Your wife does that, right, she's in the travel world.
Speaker 3: I think, huh yeah, they do travel packages for fans. Make a fee off of those packages.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I wonder they must be making.
Speaker 3: It adds up when you have hundreds of people going on a trip.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 4: Let's get to the men and o Tani. We got to mention Otani. Really, we haven't mentioned him. We've got till Sunday. We haven't mentioned till Oh, oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Ben.
Speaker 3: Thursday on the radio show with Covino and Rich We're live doing our show and the game was on while we were on, so we got to react to the forty ninth home run. We were taking a phone call and I'm pumping my fist. I'm celebrating because in front of me, he hits that monster moonshot to run Homer to get to forty nine. They see me through the glass celebrating. They thought I was reacting to something the caller was talking about. And then they look up at the monitors and they're like, oh, Tony hit another one. A game for the ages man. And talk about bad timing. You talked about it on the podcast in the live air. When there's a hard out on the network, there's nothing we can do. It hits whether we're ready for it or not, or we want it to hit or not. He's up to bat again. Right as we're signing off, Covino and Rich are saying goodbye, we'll see you tomorrow. Make sure you tune into this at bat and they say later, boom we are. Fox Sports comes on and literally ten seconds later, he rocks his fiftieth home run. Oh man, yeah, and we were jumping up and down off the air. It was nice to celebrate with everybody in the studios, the editors and you know, the odd couple who were on next. Everybody was so excited. That part of it was memorable. But what sucked is, as you know, sometimes when a live sporting event is on and you're also simultaneously doing a radio show, like back when you were on Weekends with Looney, there would be something memorable that would happen right right after the hard out hit. So there was nothing you could do to cover it.
Speaker 1: No, for sure, and I you know what, I had the vibe and obviously I'm on at night. So unless they play in like Japan, there's nothing going on when I'm on. But it was like it reminded me when I was doing local radio and before we knew about the whole steroid thing, the whole country was captivated, at least the sporting country with McGuire and Sosa. That home run race.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they would cut into whatever was on the big networks and go to each at bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was insane how popular that was. That was like one of the last hurrahs of baseball in the nineties. And we were doing local radio and we would give like the we'd have the games on and I like, do the We're not You're not allowed to do it. I had a PD you shouldn't do that. We don't have the rights, so, you know, kind of doing faux play by play, and I remember I fell out. I fell out of my chair one time when Sammy Sosa hit a home run and it was a moonshot and we were so so excited. But it did have that kind of vibe and it was cool and I mean nice of the Marlins to just keep pitch. I said this on my show the other you know, back on Thursday to Friday, the last show we did live show of the Week, and I was like, you're the Marlins, so there's second worst team in baseball. Yes, you should pitch to old Tani, like what are you worried about. You're not trying to make the playoffs or anything like that. Like that's the greatest moment in that franchise's history for this year anyway, you know, they gave up the lot. I was like, I'm sure on the Marlins postgame show, I'm not in Miami, but I'm guessing that they featured that and they went, you know, went over Otani's day and that was the highlight because they don't have any highlights on that team.
Speaker 3: So I was happy to see what their manager said afterwards that you know, he wanted to do right by baseball and challenge Jotani and not have bad karma come his or the team's way. And I like that approach, you know, rather than intentionally walking a guy who's close to history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that happens in all sports now where there's this mindset we can allow can't be the team that allows history. Like somebody's going for you know, ninety points in a basketball game and they I pull Shenanigainst to try to try to derail them from setting the record, right, I don't want to be the team that gives up, you know, the next player to score one hundred points or whatever.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen a stat line like that for one baseball player in one game?
Speaker 1: Why? I mean, I was trying to think. I was like when I remember years ago there was a guy named Mark Whitten who had a bunch of home runs, but he wasn't perfect for the Cardinals. He had twelve RBIs or something like that. But yeah, I mean, see, according to the nerds, that was the greatest day in if you can bind stolen bases, home runs, doubles total bases, it was like the greatest day since at least nineteen oh one. So it's been one hundred and twenty something years and they don't have anything, and they have all the numbers. I mean, they go through every day. The negro leagues are now included in the database they have at like Baseball Reference, and at least unless I missed it, that was considered the greatest performance. And it's it's nuts. It's it reminds you of very Bonds. Mean, Aaron Judges a similar type situation in the American League, but O'tani playing for the Dodgers. I remember Bonds with the Giants when he was on all the steroids. Man, that guy was insane.
Speaker 3: What a whole new world for Otani too, from the Angels to this.
Speaker 1: Slightly different neighborhood, slightly different fan.
Speaker 3: Base, the Anaheim Oh I'm sorry, the Los Angeles Angels of Fullerton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see that you're sucking up to for Let's get to the let's get to this mail bag.
Speaker 5: It's dark guy.
Speaker 1: Thanks again, Ohio. Aw we thank you, Ohio. You're doing God's work. So alf from the general manager's office right since its Ben, I know you touched on this on the radio, but on this format you can really let it rip. How does it feel that all these years of screaming into the dark and thinking that no one can hear you, that you're reaching high ranking officials in major sports organizations. Personally, I'd like to thank you for providing my friends, to my friends and family that I haven't wasted the last twenty plus years. And also thank you for saving us these sportsmans from watching these teams trot out big bags of suck week after week. And then he quotes mister Hutton there when Ben speaks. People listen. I do get a kick out of it. Alf. It's actually happened a lot more in the last I would say, fifteen years, with the power that social media has. And as you know, Danny, there are camus all the time in those studios.
Speaker 3: And yeah, that's what I was going to say. A lot of video clips go viral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, so I'll say something on the radio and it'll have a lifespan and then the video and the stuff I do, the video pops up during the day and so that then gets seen by other people. And it is amusing, though, when you find out that people that are in charge of multi billion dollars sports leagues have contacted your boss to complain about a take you had that broadcast at four in the morning. You know, it's it's just it's I find it hilarious. You know, it's like, really, you are that paranoid, you are that sensitive, You're that neurotic that the guy in the magic radio box cannot give that take without some kind of retribution from you, Like you you're not confident enough in your skin, or is the idiot on the radio, the blowhard on the radio correct, And that's why you're upset because you spoke the truth. I don't know, but I do get a kick out of it. It's pretty crazy, pretty pretty crazy. So but thank you, thank you. I'm upset I didn't get to meet Alf. I was hoping I cant that big storm, the last minute thing. Hopefully next year, Alf, if you keep watching and get everyone you know to watch Benny Versus the Penny, they'll pick up the show for a third year, we hope, and then I'll be back in Boston again and we'll make sure we'll schedule something to meet. Got to meet Alf. I met Masshole Mickey and then several other fans that should have blind Scott. I saw him again. So I want to want to meet Alf. That's something we've got to make happen. So hopefully we'll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, before he passes away, because that cast, that TV cast, the kid, the guy who played the little kid on the show, just recently passed away.
Speaker 1: So no, no, Alf, Alf's an alien will live forever. What. Yeah, No, Alf is you know how we have like lizard people to listen to show. But Alf's from another part of the cosmos. Yeah, Iken Fullerton writes, and he says, hey, Ben in Danny g not to drag you guys down another sports rabbit hole, but I owe Danny g an apology for bragging on his guy Antonio Pierce last week. That was an impressive win over the ravens Now. I hope that Pierce coaches the Raiders for a very short time for my charger's sake, he says, And then he says, Ben, were you as disgusted as I was when Coop admitted he accidentally stole a pack of gum as a kid. Sadly, I think his crime has long passed the statute of limitations for any kind of legal punishment, but Mike says that does not rule out show punishment. Maybe you could dock his pay by the value of the gum or make him talk to hollering James for an entire night. Well, yeah, that would be tremendously horrible punishment to have to talk to It's like corporal punishment. Well, he's gotten NARCOLEPSI, so James would just randomly fall asleep anyway, He just like starts start snoozing. And do you not have some Raider fan porn there? For Antonio Pierce. Heading into today's game with the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: Day, Dunna. What a oh, what a victory last Sunday, and we covered it because, as he mentioned, we kind of went down a little bit of a rabbit hole based on the question we got about Antonio Pierce, and we both were right. We called that game. Not only did they cover, they won. Their defense obviously was good enough to beat that team and any team if they're clicking, and that offense finally clicked in the second half. Favorite moment of that game, Ben, is when Max Crosby got up in in Minshu's face as he waddled off to the sideline after throwing that second half interception and stuck his finger in his chest and was like, come on, dude, stay in the game like I got you. I got with the defense. Me and the defense have your back. Great thing about Crosby he just doesn't say shit. He backs it up with his play on the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Raiders. You know, I'm a Rams fan, but I'm this year, I'm pulling for the Raiders. You know, there's some people behind the scenes I'm pulling for. But my buddy I was watching the game with he came over for a football palser there and so we were focusing on the Raiders game. We're flipping around. I was like, I mean, they got the schedule, They're like, they're set up if they just win the games they're supposed to win. Like, we could wake up here by week seven or eight, assuming they don't have an implosion, and the Raiders could be right there. I mean, he's play you play the cold game. It's a weasel term. But if you look at the upcoming schedule, assuming they don't many hiccups and just do what they're supposed to do, the Raiders are going to have a really good record. They're they're one in one right now. They got Carolina, worst team in football. They got the Browns the following week they suck the creepy quarterback. He got Denver, the the Broncos, who have no quarterback. The Steelers don't have a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, I was told Bo Knicks was the next John Elway.
Speaker 1: Well he was, mister August. He looked great in August. Then you play the Rams. Raiders play the Rams in la A week seven. So if you those are all winnable getting out of Steeler game, man, you know Steelers defense, that's pretty good. So that'll be that'll be the toughest one. But assuming you beat Carolina, Cleveland, Denver, and La the Rams, you're sitting at five and two going into the game against the Chiefs. Yeah. I hope you're right.
Speaker 3: You know, the pessimistic side of me says, uh oh. When the Raiders are favored, they play down to the competition and they look kind of lazy sometimes in games they're favored in. I hope that that leadership on the field and now on the sideline with Antonio Pierce, I hope that translates to them winning the games they're supposed to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, playing down to the competition. Oh, we'll see. But Antonio, they're not making penalties. This is unlike any Raider team I can recall here. They've cut down tremendously on the mistakes.
Speaker 3: So thank god, thank you Antonio Pierce.
Speaker 1: All Right, Kevin in Minnesota. Right, So, he says, hey Ben and Danny, Hey Ben, you probably don't remember I met you at the Mermaid. It's been a while. Now. I hope you enjoyed visiting our state and wanted to let you know that I have influenced He says, in quotes five co workers and at least five of my relatives to watch Benny Versus The Penny on Peacock. He says, I enjoy enjoy the show. Thank you. Keviny Elsa says, do you see yourself doing other TV work? Yes, if anybody wants me, contact me. But I don't get to make those decisions, Kevin. But I'm having I'm having fun. I love radio, that's my first love. But I've I've gotten I don't want to say used to TV because I don't think you ever get used to that world. It's a it's a foreign world to me, having no word makeup and like nice clothes and crap like that. So it's weird. But I think I'm getting a little better week by week and getting a little more comfortable. So who knows what the future holds, Kevin, But we're having We're having a good time, and we're just gonna ride this out and if it ends this year, that's it. It was a great two years, and if we get a third year, even better. And it's really going to be determined by how many people watch it. So you're helping us. I think, if my math is correct, you said at least five relatives and five Coores. So that's like ten people. That's like a massive, massive amount people. If everyone does that, I think we'll be fine. Big Wu from the LBC rights and he says, hey, in the Long Beach area, Beny Versus the Penny has shown on the Historians TV cable channel Spectrum Sportsnet. They have two channels that play simultaneously. Because of this, Benny Versus the Penny has shown twelve times a weekend.
Speaker 3: I have heard it's eleven times too many.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I think it should be showing more. And he says, I if I watch and record each show, will you get ratings credit for one home or twelve homes? I have no idea, Big Lou, but I don't know how all that works. But here's what I would say. If you watch it on that and then you also watch it on Peacock, that's all I can ask. I can't ask you to watch it twelve times. I know alf does that. You know that's my you know, my guy in Massachusetts. But thank you, Big Lou. You know what I did for you. Ben.
Speaker 3: Last weekend I was traveling, so I was only able to load it and let the intro go because the weekend was so busy. But I figured that that's still was counting as a view.
Speaker 1: Uhhat, it doesn't. In fact, I mentioned yesterday. I think it was yesterday. We talked about the party where I made the brownies and stuff, and my mother in law was there and she brought one of her friends. She said old back in the day, she was a nurse. She's retired now. But another nurse was there, and so she was introducing her friend to me, and she mentioned the TV show and so you know how you size up someone within like thirty seconds, you're like, you know, kind of right away, hey, this person's you know, didn't seem like a sporty person. So I told the woman, I said, listen, I know you're probably not a sports fan, and that's perfectly fine. Okay, I get it. I'm part of a cult, but if you can a solid, I said, do you have Peacock? She said, I got Peacock. I said, wonderful. I said, here's what I want you to do. Okay, I want you on Friday afternoon or Saturday. I want you when you get up to start the day. I want you to turn on Peacock, start the show. I then want you to go you know, do your morning routine, shower, brush your teeth, do whatever you in the morning, and then by the time you're done with all that, the show will be over. I'll get credit for you watching and then go on with your day. And she was she was laughing, and she's like, oh, yeah, I'll actually watch it you Okay, So that was pretty cool. So Jason, here's what. Oh this is right up your alley, Jason from Oklahoma, right since, says you, guys, Ben and Dann, you have any thoughts on our big local controversy. Oh boy, did you see this story?
Speaker 5: Danny?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, let me click it. This is actually the Oklahoma State Fair scandal rocks Oklahoma State Fair.
Speaker 3: You were there, Yeah, it was there last Sunday.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is a good one. Thank you, Jason. This is awesome. So the Oklahoma State Fair and then they this is a news story that I have. According to Kate Coo, there was a contest where a bunch of people signed up for a Battle of Endurance. They got into a twenty twenty four Nissan CenTra at eleven am on Thursday, knowing that they would be disqualified if they left for any reason. So this is the bit we radio stations used to do this back in the day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, until somebody died. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they had to stay in the guarden. So they were allowed to take a bathroom break every three hours, but that was the only time they were allowed to get out, and any remnants of any food that was consumed also needed to remain in the vehicle. So this guy, Brian, according to the news story, he clinched the victory when the other guy, who was from Arkansas, this guy named Chris, gave up. However, things took a turn to the wild side when the runner up filed a formal complaint with the Oklahoma State Fair claiming that the person that won used illegal means to win the event.
Speaker 5: And uh.
Speaker 1: Like coca No, no, no, it's even worse than that. So the guy claims he posted a video or a rant on social media. So the guy says, before he tapped out, the other guy came back to the car after it was with his final bathroom break, and he came back with a cup of shit. He had he had like shit that he This is so disgusting. So this guy's claiming the guy had gone to the bathroom and you know how you're in the porta potti and stuff piles up, and he filled his cup with the feces and then came back to the car and put the cup of poo in the car. And so these are the guys like, hey, this is disgusting. This guy's an animal, right goblin. And so so the guy, the other guy, the guy he told the organizers says, that's violating the rules. You can't bring things into the car.
Speaker 3: So he did he did that to force the other guy out.
Speaker 1: Yes, and the guy did quit. The guy said out of self respect. He he gave up. And so the guy won because of a cup of shit. Uh, that is so nasty. It's gamesmanship on the next level, Danny. It's gamesmanship.
Speaker 3: Ship is a really shitty way to win a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the car. So like you got to get it detailed right away because it's probably smells. Boy, those porta potties, oh man, And with what you were saying about the weather in Oklahoma, the smell that wow. All right, thank you, thank you. Jason Greg writes in from the UK. Think, yeah, it sounds like the runner up should win that car. Yeah, that's true. Greg writes in from the ukses, Does this guy does this story ring about you? Guys? He says he's he's an ex pat. He says he's from from the States, but he's living abroad, and then he sends a story here. Did you see the former Arsenal player arrested for smuggling eight hundred thousand dollars of weed from Thailand to England? So I didn't see this story, but it does ring about you. You know the famous you remember the famous NFL player Danny that briefly worked at our place. Well, I think before you were there, worked at Fox Sports Radio who also got ding for smuggling the weed. I know who you're talking about. Yeah, that would be the Dallas cowboy legend, Nate Newton. Nate Nate Newton. We had James Washington who was part of those great cowboy teams, and James was friends with eight and so Nate came to our place. But he got dinged. I think it was around that amount of money of weed he got dinged with, and he was facing like twenty years in jail. But he's a cowboy. It happened I think it happened in Texas, so he didn't get too much jail time, but it was like one hundred and something pounds might have been even more than that of weed that he had in his car and he got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he served. Newton served just over two years in jail.
Speaker 1: Which is bad, but when you're facing twenty years, is good, right, He's like, well, like in two years, I can treat it like a nice all.
Speaker 3: And it was federal prison. Is that a little better?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know. I'm sure either.
Speaker 3: I'm glad neither of us have experience in that federal You have to.
Speaker 1: Serve eighty is it eighty or eighty five percent? Do you know the I'm not sure. Yeah, I'm not sure on that, and we hope to never find out. But I think it's eighty to eighty five percent in the federal federal pen. So if my let's see the math here. So if it's eighty percent.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it says federal prisons are known for their higher security measures and that translates to a safer environment. Okay, so I guess you're just a little safer in federal prison. But the math, so if he was sentenced the eighty was it eighty months, he says, or thirty thirty months, but eighty percent of thirty months, that's he had to serve twenty Oh yeah, so you're right, two years, so that's twenty it's obvious you already said it twenty four months, but year and a half.
Speaker 1: So okay, I got you. Yeah, yeah, yeah. They said there would be no math Mark and Providence right sin He says he's a latrine technician, which is a wonderful way to say you clean toilets. I love that. And this guy Mark his boots on the ground, Danny. He has been watching NBC Sports Boston religiously on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, but he watches it like apparently all the time. It's his favorite channel. Mark in Providence, the latrine Technician, and he's been giving me daily email updates for the promos, which I don't even know about. We taped a bunch of promos. They flew us back to Boston. We had a whole recording session all day and it was a hole to do. It took forever and we were like watching the Olympics and then recording crap and they sliced it all up and so apparently they made promos that are airing on NBC Sports Boston, and Mark has been documenting like the different shows Scott Zolak, the old Patriots quarterback. He has a radio show Felger and Maz big radio show in Boston. So I did want to say tip of the headphones to Mark in Providence. Good job by you. Jason from Toledo, right tannl on the mailbag, He says, Ben, do you have a problem with Eddie taking time off from work during the NFL season. I know he's in Pittsburgh this weekend. I remember you used to say not to miss any time this part of the year. Do you think Eddie feels guilty? No, I mean I listen, it's Eddie's life. He gets time off. You can do what you want. I mean, that's not something I try to do, but that's Eddie and Eddie definitely. Eddie does not believe in following the old school teachings that we were taught not to take time off during football season. Most of the nicknames Eddie's gotten are because he takes time off Jason to go to events like there are certain events that are kind of big in sports radio, and Eddie's missed a lot of them because he's just gone to random stuff like the NFL. He attended the NFL Draft, but it wasn't the draft. He was like a draft party at Disneyland. And so that's how he got the new named steamboat Willie because of that. But but no, I mean it's to take time off. It's not something I would choose to do. Like I'm still I think we talked about it last weekend, Danny. But like there's a Malor meet and greet that is in the works, and I would have to travel, and because of the travel, I would have to miss a night of the show and it would be a Sunday night into a Monday, and that's a very important day and I don't really want to do that, but I want to go to the event. And so I'm like juggling, like and i'd rush back, like I'd be I gotta get back to do the show and all that stuff. So and I don't think I'll be able to do the show from the city because of the logistics of it. So but no, I mean, you'll have a fine time. But I was raised, I'm I'm actually younger than Eddie. But I guess I took this stuff more seriously because when I was coming up in radio, I had bosses that were like, listen, you take vacation between February and September because we can take a couple days around Christmas and New Year's. But this is where we make our profit. This is where we have the biggest audiences during football season, and that's the most people listening. And so I've always kind of followed that. And people have time off, they take time off when they want, it's not as important to them. Then you do your thing.
Speaker 3: And the NFL season is like Christmas for us or huge NFL fans. Why would you want to miss radio shows during Christmas?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the heavy lifting is in like May and June. That's the heavy lifting, right, That's that's where things things get a little a little dicey. But anyway, thank you Jason for that. What else do we have see here? Jason and Phoenix says, hey, guys, enjoy the radio show. On the podcast is Hollering James real? Uh? Do you think this is an act? And then he made the Yeah, the other night, Danny James called up and had a vintage Hollering James call. He was snowing, but we think he snored and fargate at the same time. We're pretty sure that he had a special which and then Jason says, not even possible. Well, first thing, Jason, I don't know how long you've been listening, but I actually have met hollering James. It seems like he's not real. I met him, and yeah, he's He's quite quite the character.
Speaker 3: Who was more impressive when you met them in person? Hollering James or helmet Man.
Speaker 1: Huh uh, Well they're both cut out of the same cloth. How about that whatever wing we come from as human beings, Hollering James and helmet Man very similar, very similar. Back, I think weed Man hippies in that same category. Oh yeah, yeah, they just make life more interesting. Surfer Todd, the comedian, great character and his wife Ben.
Speaker 3: After we make our millions, like we signed million, multimillion dollar contracts, it would be so cool to start a radio network where we only employ dudes like that, Like we give helmet Man his own daily show.
Speaker 1: I'm actually on the live air, Yes, you're on the.
Speaker 3: And after Helmet Man it's Surfer Todd and after weed Man comes on the air. Can you imagine that lineup?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man, I mean, I know Stern tried that with his but we we are people. Come on, man, you imagine an hour the Doc Mike Medical Hour.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know if i'd include him on the lineup.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't hear more than five minute phone call from that dude. When I'd answer his calls behind the scenes, he was really nice. But when he gets on the air with you, I don't know. There's something about his cadence, his voice, something that irritates me a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm going to decapitate a goat. How many legal disclaimers would we have to have for the Doc Mike Medical Hour? Doc Bobs? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine who's the one caller that you have right now that you think would have a hit radio show?
Speaker 1: Well, James Snoring if you could just get James Snoring with the Great Game. But it's like, listen, there's guys the call up that have a tremendous shtick of like Jed who fled, could do a five hour show in thirty minutes because he talks so fast. Because of all the drugs you could have. I don't know, Like.
Speaker 3: I think I think that you missed out a little bit because you have Poppy picking against Lorraine right now, But imagine Poppy picking against Holler and James. Like one snore you know, is this team two snores is the home team. Yeah, that's what you do. Two snores the home team, one snore the away team.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. Well, that was the single greatest thing that we have done in any game show is the night that James played the game too much, not enough, fastest. All that was hilarious. Should have been a national story. Bad job that we didn't get enough promotion out of that.
Speaker 3: That honestly was your Mark Coney opportunity.
Speaker 1: That was the greatest night right there that we will never and people have said, I've gotten emails Danny from fans of the show They're like, why don't you do that again? You can't recreate it. You can't recreate it. It's a one time thing. If you were there, you heard it, you'll remember it. But if you weren't there, I mean trust this. I don't know what day that was. Some fans could go back and find the podcast, but it was unread.
Speaker 3: It's like the Holy Roller only happened once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't you can't bring it back, cannot do it. I think we'll get out on that anything, Danny. It's sunny. I mean, obviously get the You watch the Raiders Panthers game here and then you better not lose to we just here you, I know, for what it's worth, Danny. On the TV show, which is still airing, it'll end today, stop runn I guess I'll see it on Peacock. But I did take Carolina to get a little bit of a bump. I took them plus the points. I don't think they'll win the game, but as you were saying earlier, the Raiders do have a tendency of playing down to the opponent, and they're coming off a major win against a Super Bowl contender, and the Ravens on the road against the two time MVP.
Speaker 3: They It is the home opener, and how many Carolina fans are going to be in attendance. That is going to be probably the most Raider fans you see there for one game at Allegiant this season.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're a Carolina fan and there's one game to go to.
Speaker 3: True, that's what's shitty about having a stadium in Las Vegas. No matter who you're playing against. The opposing fans are going to travel just because of your locale.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'll be at the ram game, but I'll be watching all these other games. Just ram it. Yes, a greatness of the autumn wind is a raider. Yes, all right, Well, yeah that's what's going I'll be back tonight on the radio, on the radio, back on the radio tonight, yapping about all the things that happened today and all the NFL news fit to converse about on the radio. So we'll catch you then have a wonderful rest of your Sunday. Thank you for watching Benny Versus the Penny this weekend on the TV side, And we'll catch you next time. Austa Basta got a murder. I gotta go.