Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty arm Strong and.
Speaker 2: Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: They lost a lot of faith in certain people, and yeah, they got duped by the Democrats.
Speaker 4: President Trump's wiping at what he calls his past supporters, calling them weaklings for falling prey to quote Democratic bs over what he's now branded the Epstein hoax.
Speaker 3: Look at the Steele dossier that turned out to be a total hoax. It's perpetrated by the Democrats, and some stupid Republicans and foolish Republicans fall into the net.
Speaker 4: You're stupid if you believe the whole Epstein thing. And he doesn't want your vote anymore. So we talked about this yesterday because it happened while we were on the air, and we played all the clips for you. It's kind of hard to explain you would use this tact to try to deal with getting out of this mess. So Charlie Kirk, he is a huge MAGA leader among particularly the young crowd. He had that event the other day where a number of right wing hosts say, who thinks there's a cover up in the crowd, cheers wily wildly and all that sort of stuff. So then Charlie Kirk put out a statement, what like the next day, Joe that it seemed like Trump had given him a call or something like that.
Speaker 2: Because he said it's own that Trump called him.
Speaker 4: Okay, and he and Charlie we're going out of a statement where he basically said, look, there there's nothing there. Let's all move on and make America great again or I'm something. He was ready to turn the page. And then I don't know if he got huge blowback from his audience or what, but he has sounded different since then, and yesterday this Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk, on his podcast yesterday attempted some damage can on Trump's behalf don't take too seriously the whole truth social Here, Kirk told his audience, I know some people are getting fired up about this. I don't believe he was trying to insult anybody personally. All right, well, you know, if you call me, if you call me stupid and a dupe, it seems fairly personal.
Speaker 1: But and Charlie Kirk, counting on the fact that those people are stupid and dupes.
Speaker 4: Apparently Still, he expressed frustration about the administration's handling of the issue himself. We are now Wednesday, going into Thursday. People are very very confused, and some people are very disappointed and mad. Charlie Kirk said, we made so much progress with gen Z and this is a big vulnerability online on TikTok, this story is not landing.
Speaker 2: Well, let's fix this and we can.
Speaker 4: He does make a good point the Republican Party doing better with young people than it has in my going back to Reagan, right, and if this is the thing that blows it up. But I don't, I don't know. Guess where I break down on this story all the time. Is it seems so obvious to me what's happened that I don't There was never any there there there's not a child sex ring being run by Democrats in Hollywood. Podcasters were saying it to get clicks and listeners.
Speaker 2: That's what I assumed all along.
Speaker 4: It's true. It turns out to be true. They're even saying it's true. Right, and it's over. And maybe you can be mad at them. If you fell for it fell forward as a prejudicial you don't fall for something.
Speaker 2: It's not on you.
Speaker 4: If somebody you trust lies to you, that's not your fault. You're not a dupe or week or any of those things. You trusted somebody and they lied to you. You trusted Dan Bongino or Pam Bondi and they lied to you. Now you know, I don't know what you.
Speaker 2: Do with that, but right, right, yeah, gosh, dang it.
Speaker 1: This thing has so many tentacles. I think one of the more interesting aspects of this is that the sort of people that would pitch this sort of infotainment, they're so much closer to power than they've ever been before. On the right in Republican circles, that sort of which Hunty all Republicans are racist, bigot, evil, you know, beer swinging, cross burning.
Speaker 2: You know, fictions existed on the left very very close to power for a very long time.
Speaker 1: But the Republican Party, for you know, try to be the party of realists and grown ups and the rest of it. You know. I've been reading more about this sort of thing, not necessarily the Epstein conspiracy theory in general, and it's called it's referred to as.
Speaker 2: What's it.
Speaker 1: There's a term for it, pedo critical pedo theory. That's got the fair history on the right going back probably fifteen years and stuff. It is just those who would hook you have realized that certain elements, it's like writing a hit song, certain elements like child victims, you know, the powerful in the government, evil doers who are fairly easily identified, like the Jews, which doesn't factor into every version of this, but it factors into a hell of a lot of them.
Speaker 2: That's the that's the markers of a hit song.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, all pop music now is completely formulaa computer generator. They've realized what trips your triggers. This has all of it, and so it's it's super compelling. And then you've got people now who are very very close to power who used to be pitching it.
Speaker 4: We're working up to the latest polling which will show you if your attitude is where most of Americas is. We did get this text yesterday just to represent a chunk of you that we know are out there YouTube protecting and siding with Petos is shocking and horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not, and never would. That's the point.
Speaker 4: I would be calling for the death penalty for all of them. If I thought that was happening if hundreds of thousands of children were being sex trafficked by the Democratic Party and business leaders and maybe some Republicans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what again, Charlie Kirkin turning point, USA have done some great stuff among young people.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a shame.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of certain people I've known who have been wonderful in some ways and just utterly corrosive in others. But they've done some fabulous things, giving conservative kids, young people confidence to speak their beliefs, etc. On the other hand, Charlie, I think in the last several days has been the perfect illustration of my point of view. This was the most important thing in the world, and it must be exposed and it must be brought down. Until Donald said, hey, would you cool your jets on this? Is this cause on Maggus some real problems. And he said, I'm done talking about this for now, and I think everybody should be and everything's fine. And then he got a backlash like later that day from his audience who said no, no, no, And so he came out and changed his mind again and said, I demand these fifteen things because we've got to get to the bottom of this some entertainment.
Speaker 4: Two things that get conflated a lot, which I think confused the conversation and maybe some of this polling. I'm about to tell you is the difference between documents, the case files, and a list. Sometimes those get used interchangeably. Is there an Epstein file, Well, of course there is. There was an investigation, So there's a file showing an investigation that ultimately led nowhere is there a list apparently of clients and blackmail?
Speaker 2: No, there is not, so.
Speaker 4: According to people inside and outside and people leaking and everything else. But people conflate those two regularly. They said there wasn't a file. There is a file, so there where's the list? Well, those two different things.
Speaker 1: And as Alan Dershowitz pointed out, lots and lots of names come up in an investigation, so you could say there's a list of names, but those are being kept secret for the reason they always.
Speaker 2: Are, as we discussed earlier.
Speaker 1: If you're not being charged and you just happen to be somewhere, the Feds aren't going to come out and say, hey, Joe Getty was at that party, by the way, just saying they're not in that business.
Speaker 2: Except when James Comey's in charge.
Speaker 4: But when you're firing people up about a list, you mean, is there a list of clients? And the listing, you know, is proof of blackmail for child molestation, right, and the blackmail and all that. So here's the polling from Morning consult, a respected polling organization, the statement there's no evidence of a client list or blackmail scheme involving Epstein and prominent people. The plurality the biggest number no, at fifty one percent only so so you know, I don't know why they present it is no. But so over half or roughly half of America says yes, there is there is a blackmail list.
Speaker 2: It exists.
Speaker 4: Only twenty five percent of people say no, There isn't a quarter people say I don't have any idea, But so a plurality of America thinks there is a blackmail list out there. You want to break it down by party, Democrats, it's sixty percent of Democrats think there's a list, which is interesting given the fact that the prevailing thought is that it's a Democrats in Hollywood running the child trafficking scheme. And sixty percent of Democrats think there is a blackmail list of that it's only forty one percent of Republicans that think it is. So that's where it gets confusing on this whole thing. But I guess it could completely fuddled. But I guess they're all the young crowd and very worked up about it. And that's why Charlie Kirk speakin to it, right. But overall, it's half of America now on just this question Epstein committed suicide in prison? No is the plurality forty two biggest chunk of voters say no, twenty three percent say I don't know, only thirty five percent say only a thirty people say yes, he committed suicide.
Speaker 2: I'd be in that crowd. I believe he committed suicide.
Speaker 4: But the biggest chunk of people, and again you break it down by Republicans and Democrats, and the theory is that, like if he was killed, it's the Democrats that did it. Right, the jokes about Hillary Clinton's sensible shoes click clacking away through the prison. I don't think Hillary Clinton stuffed him. But that's the biggest chunk that believes he didn't commit suicide. Democrats. Half of Democrats think he did not commit suicide.
Speaker 1: Right, Virtually all of the big names you ever hear whispered well spoken out loud these days that it might have been partying with him are Democrats, virtually all of them. So yeah, this again, I'm completely befuddled. And only thirty.
Speaker 4: Seven percent are Republicans think he commit didn't commit suicide. So it doesn't fit with the narrative of everything we're hearing the last couple of times, right, except that shouldn't Trump be in shouldn't Trump be talking about all the Democrat dupes have felt for it based on this polling.
Speaker 1: Yes, one hundred percent, And shouldn't be addressing his followers at all?
Speaker 2: Why would he?
Speaker 1: Again? I get his frustration, but it was dumb politics. So what I was about to say was the thing you have to remember, because they're just pulling Democrats and Republicans, is that there are subsets of both of those parties. I mean, it's obvious within the Democratic Party because it's just a mosaic of completely unrelated grievance groups that have said, all right, i'll yell about your grievance if you'll yell about mine, okay, And we're all borderline Marxists, so everybody knows that that's a patchwork. But within conservatism, within the Republican Party, I should say, now you have classic conservatives have salted the earth's red state, maga folks, you have online Pizzagate types, you have you know, to various other you know, stripes of Republicanism. So yeah, it's a plurality of Republicans that say now that it's more or less unfolded the way it seems it unfolded. But there is a substantial minority that thinks very very differently.
Speaker 4: But you know, and I'm ready to be done talking about this, but the media narrative of the last several days, since its mainstream media and left media that loves this story so much, and talking about conspiracy minded Republicans, it would appear there are more conspiracy minded Democrats than there are Republicans. And since they probably weren't listening to Dan Bongino or Pam Bondi, where did they come by their conspiracy That's what I'm confused by.
Speaker 2: They're not listening to the Dan Bongino podcast every day.
Speaker 1: Right, So other plank in the conspiracy platform coming up in a little bit, got a great email about it too. What it boils down to, it's because it become a symbol. Pretty good insight. We'll get to that in a little bit too.
Speaker 4: If you can figure out the confusion around this where it seems to be more Democrats and Republicans that are into this story text line four one five two nine five k ftcar.
Speaker 2: Some more political news. Trump is so facing criticism for his handling of the Epstein files.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the excuses are getting worse and worse today. Trump was like a doug ate the Epstein files.
Speaker 2: Then people in Ohio ate the dog. That's pretty funny joke.
Speaker 4: Here's the story for you will get to do. You know who Steve Miller is. Some people call what is the Pomptous of Love. Some people call me the space cowboy. That Steve Miller has canceled his tour because of climate change, and his statement is ridiculous, even though I'm a giant fan.
Speaker 2: Of his music, He's an ignoramus. So we got that coming up.
Speaker 1: The number of guitar heroes who are morons is surprising.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: A couple of things very quickly, A couple of emails. Robert Julaine Maxwell wasn't even arrested until a year after Epstein's death. Yes, I got that timeline wrong. I apologize deeply and humbly thank you for the email. I like this from a frequent correspondent to me to the initials, I just thought I would chime in about the whole Epstein infatuation. Way I see it, Epstein is transcended being the image of a person and become a symbol, my opinion, symbolizes two things that deeply unnerve the right, if not all, of America. One, we American citizens never get answers anymore on things like this, like pervos in power. There's always some investigation that manages to find nothing but relevant facts are locked away behind a court order. Sure too, the belief to the belief that there's a two tier system of justice. We all know there is has Hunter Biden and convicted of anything? Well, actually he was, but that he was pardoned. Did Jesse Smollett serve any time? Did he as innocent of everything? Right? Remember oj Simpson? Of course there's old Ted Kennedy. You never answered for anything. Epstein is a symbol of the idea that no matter how bad you are, as long as you're well connected, you'll never truly have to answer to the American people.
Speaker 2: There is that failing out there.
Speaker 4: Who leaked the Supreme Court decision to try to discredit the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: No answer, right, right, yeah, yeah. It's really frustrating.
Speaker 1: So if I were in the business of like perpetuating QAnon, Pizzagate, Epstein conspiracy theory type stuff, I would be going heavy on this, and they probably will be by noon today if they aren't already. The Justice Department just fired a prosecutor in Manhattan, a woman by the name of Maureen Komy. My last name sound vaguely familiar. She's the daughter of James Comy. I hope dot dot cover up, dot dot dot something something just it writes itself.
Speaker 4: I don't know about a cover up, but I hope that she was fired just as part of the They're firing people in Justice Apartment and lots of different departments.
Speaker 2: And not specifically because he hates James call me so much. Wait, there's more, Jack.
Speaker 1: She was also a prosecutor who worked on the and she took a leading role in the Julane Maxwell case and was part of the Epstein investigation.
Speaker 4: All right, so were one hundred FBI officers according to hundreds of FBI officers, which is nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But my point it is, indeed I have one, is is that you would have to work as hard to debunk all of this as the people are working to bunk it. In other words, James Freaking Comy's daughter, who was investigating both of these scumbags, just get fired by the Trump administration. I don't have enough time in my day to build a case where that has an innocent explanation because it sounds thirty as.
Speaker 2: L it does.
Speaker 4: You don't get to see Steve Miller on tour because of climate change, among other things.
Speaker 1: On the way Armstrong and Getty, Stevie Wonder denied rumors that he's not really blind.
Speaker 2: True, the guy had nine kids with five.
Speaker 4: Different women and he thought he was being faithful.
Speaker 2: We did that whole story the other day.
Speaker 4: Stevie Wonder apparently is blind, but has played into that joke for many, many years, which is kind of funny. He does have nine kids with five women, which lots of musicians, athletes, etc. Do and we just kind of turn a blind eye to that very odd lifestyle. I'm speaking of musicians named Steve a different one Steve Miller. What's your favorite Steve Miller band song? Had to beat the Joker.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean it's like you're asking me to pick my favorite kid. I don't.
Speaker 2: I love them all.
Speaker 4: Steve Miller, whose Greatest Hits album was like the number one selling album in the in the world for years and years and years and years because all his giant hits were on there. Interesting story. I remember when he was on Charlie Rose a couple of years back and he played the Joker alone with a guitar for Charlie Rose, and it was very, very good. But you see, some people call him the space cowboy. But he told the story about how he he had he put out an album giant hits. He was like the biggest thing in all of music, and then the record company tried to tell him what to do and he just said no and had to leave music. He left the music business rather than do what they told him to do because he's just like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't have to I'm rich now, screw you.
Speaker 1: Well, and he was an actual like kippie yeah, I mean nonformist hippie.
Speaker 4: Well, he has canceled this tour. I would have actually paid to go see Steve Miller, but he's not going to tour because of it's not safe, the unacceptable risks of natural disasters. What yes, you put out this post yesterday. He's supposed to tour starting like in August, in a couple of weeks and for many, many months around the country. He cannot put his people in the band and the crowd who would come to see him in harm's way with all the natural disasters that are happening due to climate change.
Speaker 2: Here's his statement.
Speaker 4: You make music with your instincts, You live life by your instincts. Always trust your instincts. The Steve Miller Band is canceled all of our upcoming dates. The combination of extreme heat, unpredictable flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, massive forest fires. A forest fire was going to get your concert made these risks for the audience and my band and crew unacceptable.
Speaker 1: So when was the last time of flood canceled a concert like in progress?
Speaker 4: Steve, So you can blame it on the weather. The tour is canceled. I don't know where, I don't know when. We hope to see you again. Wishing you peace, love and happiness. Please take care of each other, Steve, the band and crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my instincts say you're an octagenarian hippie whose mind doesn't work right anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're here an eighty something hippie who's like, really, you're probably taking in the most ridiculous Twitter feeds yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Chrissy Hind, also an ancient rocker of The Pretenders, set a couple of weeks ago at an outdoor concert. Outdoor concerts will be coming to a close soon. We won't be able to do it anymore because it's so hot. I've had to stripe ass ice packs to my waist to survive this. It's because you're an old woman. You're now an old woman out of heat. It's not the same as being twenty five. Those are hot flashes, she's feeling exactly. Yeah, she's a little old fraud flashes. But anyway, that's pretty funny, these old hippies.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's you.
Speaker 4: Can believe climate change all you want, but the idea that it's not safe for your crew because of the floods that happen in Texas or earthquake somewhere, whatever the hell I mean, it's just what is how when's the last time anybody died at a concert in America because of anything? Climate change? Related, or you could even claim was climate change related.
Speaker 1: I know, that's that's hilarious. I know, and it's so wildly disconnected from reality. It's it's it's almost beyond hilarious. It's troubling. And I'll bet there's somebody listening. And if that's you, feel free to email us mail bag at armstrong andgeddi dot com. But there has got to be like a known psychological profile about the sort of person who defines themselves so completely with being cause oriented that they'll, you know, even at their advanced age, sees onto what seems to be the hot cause of the day and throw themselves into it with one hundred percent a conviction, but more importantly, one hundred percent belief in whatever they have to believe to make that conviction seem righteous all of them that it defines them completely.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine what all goes into scheduling a major tour, the logistics, the venues, the ticket sales, the sponsors. There had to be tons of sponsors like Ford and Verizon Wireless. Last night they were like, what, yeah, you're canceling, but there are like eight thousand concert tours that are gonna be going on this summer of various sizes and they're all gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good lord, that is just loney tunes. You can't you can't argue logically to somebody who comes to that conclusion. That's like the ancient Armstrong and Getting principle of if you see somebody doing something so incredibly crazy, you can't explain to them why it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Forget it, you're wasting your time.
Speaker 1: The doing of the act is evidence that it's that you can't reason with them. Monni slightly less Steve Miller, although your your sponsors, look, you're doing business with the crazed old hippie do crazy things, all right, You just got to accept that the probably ought to have a rider in the contract or insurance or something.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I found this so interesting.
Speaker 1: Katie Grime's doing some great writing for the California Globe as usual, and it's about cal Unicornia and Gavin Newsom and the shameless climate grift and how many trillions of dollars have been spent needlessly.
Speaker 2: And one of the more interesting.
Speaker 1: Aspects of it is and she quotes Gavey, who's just been a average cheerleader for this grift, but she points out that one of the main parts of it is that we've got to replace all of the like fossil fuel generated electric power with green electric power, windmills, unicorn farts, you know, solar or whatever.
Speaker 2: But as this couple of.
Speaker 1: Scientists are recording in this article, but as one of them points out, only twenty percent of the world's energy consumption is electrical at all. So if that were entirely green, well thanks, I mean that helped a little bit, but very very little. Supplying eighty percent of the world's primary energy, coal, oil, and natural gas make up the lifeblood of modern civilization. They power everything that's not electrical, and so it's just a myth that if we can go green on the electric grid, we will have won the battle and we can eliminate fossil fuels. It's not even close. It's a tiny, tiny fraction. And then let's see who is this VJ jaijiraal Giraj writes, consensus on climate change is become a form of bullying, intimidation, and censorship. Katie rites, which is exactly what Julie from Canada tried to do. A blah blah bah. It's been used to bludget and attack the character of anyone who questions the very shallow claims. It is a cult completely forced from science and reality. And the larger problem with these climate change cultists is they lack humility and any interest in self reflection. And it goes into a great deal of detail on that and how it's an excuse just to control things, which is usually what the left wants to do. But they're one other update. This is also in the Californian Globe, written by somebody else. You know California's vaunted famous cap and trade program where corporations have to pay for the right to pollute, and if some other company isn't polluting, they can sell their shares on the free market cap and trade program, and that is going to take care of climate change and also raise a bunch of money for California. Well, it reminds me of that internet meme. How it started, how it's going. So there's an auction every year, and in past years the state has actually turned a profit with these auctions, offset with business revenue. Ten years ago, the state made one and a half billion dollars with cap and trade auctions. But the market for it has gone down, down, down, as fewer and fewer companies are interested in participating in it, and California is going to lose three billion dollars a year starting this year on the cap and trade auctions. It's it's a miserable failure. Hasn't worked.
Speaker 4: Have you ever when you bought an airline ticket checked that box where you like, donate some money to offset your carbon footprint?
Speaker 2: Who are you talking to You must not be talking to me. How many people do that? And have I ever met anybody who did that? I think?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, no, no.
Speaker 2: No, I will not do that. Oh my god, amazing.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of doing right things for humans of the future, perhaps your loved ones are friends at trust and will want you to know well, you know you should have a trust and or a will so your wishes are known after you go and your loved ones don't end up in probate hell.
Speaker 2: But you've hesitated to do it because.
Speaker 1: It seems complicated and expensive and attorneys blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Not with trust and will dot com.
Speaker 4: You can create your trust and will online manage the whole thing online. You could get started today, step by step process guide you from start to finish. You just start filling in names, accounts, social security numbers, all that sort of stuff. If you ever get stuck, they'll support you live customer support through chat, phone or email.
Speaker 2: And you could have this thing done faster than you think. Yep.
Speaker 1: And you can create and manage your custom of state plan starting at one hundred and ninety nine dollars. Wow, that's a huge savings over the regular way. Secure your assets and protect your loved ones with trust and Will. Get twenty percent off on your estate plan documents by visiting trust and will dot com slash armstrong. That's trust and will dot com slash armstrong gets started. It's easy, twenty percent off trust and will dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 4: So why don't you jump on your big jet airliner fly like an eagle, you joker, take the money and run back to your jungle hideout. It be not very well crafted. I'll bet Steve Miller does. I'll bet if he flies southwest he checks the little box of I need to offset my carbon credits and donate one hundred dollars. What do you think they're doing with that money, you joker? Yeah, yeah, that's hilarious. It kind of makes me sad that a lot of things make me sad with the modern world in the Internet.
Speaker 1: But it used to be I didn't know a damn thing about what Steve Miller thought. Any of my musical heroes, you can guess, like between the lines of the lyrics. Maybe they do an interview with the Rolling Stone and they say something. But you know they're smart, they're savvy there, Like Michael Jordan. They're like, hey, I make music. I'm not going to lecture people about who ought to be in Congress. Why would I do that. It's getting in the way of my thing. Uh.
Speaker 4: One of the best developments to happen yet between the United States and Ukraine. Absolutely, I don't see how you could argue with this thing that Trump and Zolensky are trying to get a deal going. If this is true, I hope it is. Tell you about that, among other things, stay with us.
Speaker 2: Armstrong Hetty.
Speaker 5: Doctor say gaming for older Americans has benefits, allowing them to use the brain, stay engaged, and maintain cognition. Research shows puzzles, Skill and Chance, and arcade video games are the most popular with older players.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought about video games for old people to help their minds stay engaged. Yeah, Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I heard gaming and I thought gambling, because the gambling industry is tried to rename it gaming because it sounds better.
Speaker 4: I guess because I have teenagers, I hear gaming and I think Call of Duty. Yeah, which, speaking of just came across is this stat Thanks to our friend Tim Sanderfer who tweeted it out, gamers specifically playing Call of Duty have logged more than twenty five billion hours since it first came out, equivalent to two point eight five million years, surpassing the entire timeline of human history.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow. Meanwhile, a few of those people, well, you know what I was gonna say, a few of the people have actually answered a call to duty, although I'll bet a hell of a lot of our military guys play those games in their free time.
Speaker 2: Probably. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, we played a clip earlier of Shane Gillis, the comedian. He hosted the sp Awards last night. He was the MC and he had some funny stuff. We'll play have more clips later, but one of his jokes that he does in his stand up routine is how it's one of his problems is like he really loves his girlfriend and they have a great relationship, But as soon as they're done having sex, he just wants her to leave, and the crowd always groans and and he says, oh, yeah, I'm the only guy that likes play an Xbox alone, and then all the dudes cheer. I guess that is a thing, play an Xbox alone by yourself. I'm I got one kid who loves video games and one that doesn't like them at all, for better or worse. So another thing you can do that's supposed to be helpful is journaling.
Speaker 2: Have you ever journaled consistently for a couple of months?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Really? And and why did you do it? When you did it years and years ago?
Speaker 1: I thought I was going to be delivering my drivel in print as opposed to verbally for a living.
Speaker 2: And you just trying to write more good practice?
Speaker 4: Okay, interesting, Yeah, it's a lot of people claim it's good for your mental health, get thoughts out of your head or whatever. New York Times has a thing today how to start journaling and actually stick with it, and it's setting goals and all these different things. I'm still very interested in whether handwriting is necessary for this stuff or if typing counts. This particular person in the New York Times says just do whatever, it doesn't make any difference, and I'm not sure that's true.
Speaker 1: Well, given the fascinating discoveries scientists have made about the way handwriting connects various centers in your brain and gets them to work in concert, it's really intriguing and discouraging. Since I'm left handed and I despise handwriting.
Speaker 4: But one of the things I want to bring up about handwriting somebody mentioned this to me. Well, I had noticed this in myself, but just kind of blown it off.
Speaker 2: I thought maybe it was age or something.
Speaker 4: I got to write, which I very rarely do, like I fill it out a check or whatever. My handwriting is so horrible, and I didn't know if it was just age or like I need a new pen or what. But somebody had pointed out to me that they thought they had gotten real their handwriting had gotten really bad, worse just from lack of doing it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but that's it.
Speaker 2: You're out of I'm out of practice.
Speaker 4: I haven't I haven't written regularly in decades, and so I go to do it now and I look like a third grader. That wasn't that bad when I was in third grade. But man, I am now. It's just it looks like there's no way an adult wrote.
Speaker 1: This check third grader or a maniac exactly the pinched, angry handwriting of the maniac. We've received those letters back when we used to get letters.
Speaker 4: I know how you're going to react to this. I had a teacher who I really really like say the other day and I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: Well, I won't say this particular student doesn't spell well and it's not their fault, but they can't spell. And the teacher said, doesn't matter, It doesn't matter. I don't care about spelling anymore. That's never going to be a thing again. You just got to get close and the computer tells you you fix it, and you move on. So I don't drill spelling anymore. Do you think that makes sense or not?
Speaker 1: No? No, because you the various autocorrect stuff is cumbersome. Well, and I don't as certain autocorrects are pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: It depends what platform you're using.
Speaker 1: It's I tell you what if somebody really struggled with spelling and it would take an enormous amount of time and energy to get them up to speed. No, I probably wouldn't devote that time and energy. I think it's a real time saver to be a good speller. But I see their point. You know what's funny is I mentioned I'm a lefty, and and I always reacted horribly to stories of back in the day parents would force their kids to write right handed. They'd even, like, you know whatever, put a mitten on the left hand and make them right handed, or you know. Certainly I wouldn't be in favor of beating a kid or whatever. But recently I've been on this kick of I will occasionally because I do things I'm partially I'm ambidextrous. It's practically at random what I do with my right hand what I do with my left, and I will occasionally realize, oh, that's funny, I use my right hand for that. I'm going to try it left handed for a week, and so I'll try to do that because I've heard that's good for the brain too.
Speaker 4: I've interesting new corrections, and I've never tried to do things left handed. Maybe I will, but I got I got really good.
Speaker 1: I got pretty damn good at brushing my teeth with the opposite hand.
Speaker 2: And I thought, you know, what.
Speaker 1: Writing right handed is much more efficient than left handed, and if I put a little time into it, I can learn to do that. As a kid, it would have been, you know, a little more difficult than learning to write left handed, which was what my brain wanted.
Speaker 2: But it would have been fine.
Speaker 4: I'll try brushing my teeth with my left hand a nine. See if I or a Saturday. I brushed my teeth every Saturday.
Speaker 1: Fair warning, you will jab yourself in the gums, right in the eye. Brush it.
Speaker 2: Well, that happened too.
Speaker 1: I have had the thing come out of my mouth and smeared toothpaste toothpaste all over my cheek.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 4: Gently gently Trump's making a deal with Zelensky that I think everybody will be on board with, no matter how interventionists or non interventionous you are. That's that I'm pretty excited about. We can talk about that an hour three and a bunch of other different things. If you miss a segment or an hour, get our podcast. You can subscribe to Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty