Speaker 1: Comedy Off Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Jay Drena March sixth through the eighth, Then catch club favorite and nep you Tommy March thirteenth through the sixteenth, and don't miss Michael Pallisak March twenty first and twenty second. Comedy Off Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Four tickets go eight, five, nine, two, seven to one. Joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot com Off Broadway.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio, Friday, March the seventh time Matt Jones. We are here at Cornbread Hemp in Louisville, Kentucky, with a great crowd out on Cheff Avenue. Is it Scheff or Scheff?
Speaker 3: I thought Scheff Chef.
Speaker 2: Avenue out here in the industrial park for at the facility where they make the cornbread hemp. Did you guys do the tour this morning and see all the stuff?
Speaker 4: I peeked in the lab behind us kind of watch them of It's amazing.
Speaker 2: You watch them get it done and it's right here and you give us a shout on the Clark's Puppet Shop phone line. That's eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A Vision Auto glass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four in this diition sponsored by the T J. Smith Office. If you called TJ, he'll make them pay. Ryan. It is a big weekend, our final home game of the year, a season that, uh, I actually kind of flew by, to be honest with you, in Mark's first year, it was it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. We were getting excited about the win against Duke, and now tomorrow at Missouri, the final regular season game before hopefully four weeks of postseason play.
Speaker 4: That's what I hope we're really in the teams that overlooked we're so excited about March Madness. I hope they're really not overlooking the game tomorrow because Missouri is really good. I know they kind of stump their toe here lately, but there was a point I thought they were the best team in the conference. I hope they're still got to take care of business first before they go down to Nashville. By everybody's so excited about starting March.
Speaker 2: I think we're an underdog? Is that right?
Speaker 5: Three half points? Three half points at least it two days early. That's that's first time.
Speaker 2: Points, by the way, which is exactly what you and I predicting. So they should put us in charge of that stuff. It's not a hobby. Missouri's lost three or four, got blown out a couple of those games. Am I crazy to think this is a game we could win? I mean they play if you haven't watched Missouri, they play like us, but more extreme. I think, like if you meaning, they shoot more threes. Usually, they play worse defense. Usually they they're the only team in the SEC that's going to the tournament with a worse kim Pom defense rightning than US. So I feel like it's a pretty good matchup for US. It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Kentucky sixth and kim Pom offense. They're fifth. It's also kind of similar. They don't play well on the road. Their losses recently bet on the road. They're like eighteen and one. At homes, they're a good home team. Yeah, they shoot the three well, they get fouled a lot. That's one thing Kentucky up.
Speaker 2: We can't face. That's the one thing they do better than us? Is that for a jump shooting team? They shoot, they get a lot of free Yeah.
Speaker 5: They got a got named Grill, Caleb Grill something Grill as bar and Grill something like that.
Speaker 6: He's tough. I mean, he gets about three or four threes a game, so he's a player one.
Speaker 7: They're kind of a tough team to figure out too. I mean, they look great against Alabama, then they turn around and do just to Arkansas, Oklahoma and Vandy. So they're just a completely different team at home.
Speaker 2: All right, so all of you listing at home, speaking at home, they're gonna do a tornado drill apparently, like right now.
Speaker 3: It's really happening right now, is it?
Speaker 2: Well? Rick, are we in the tornado drill right now? No? No, all right now, we can hear it right here, Rick, So that is it not reaching you the drill? I don't hear any drill at all on my side. Okay, Okay, there it is. Okay, So there is our.
Speaker 3: So anything we're saying right now will not be heard.
Speaker 2: That's okay. You know what not that we were saying was there? It was very important anyway. Well, that's since we're doing this, let's talk for a second about about this place. This is they employ. How many people do you employ here, Jim at Cornbread Hip, Well, the people that are in charge aren't here now, I guess they laugh. But what you say, seventy people work in this facility Kentucky jobs. This was created. Uh. Literally, I've talked told this story a lot. Sitting at the skyline right off Bardstown Road. This I said, and listen to these guys tell me they were gonna create this. And you talk about seeing a vision come to reality. Here it is. It is. Uh, it's amazing. And they make all of this in Kentucky in Louisville, and it's been I would say, maybe our most consistent sponsor we've had of this show since the beginning.
Speaker 4: It is. It's a great story. You know, Jim and Eric just kind of wanted to start this business long before anybody even thought it was gonna come to a reality. This is what the warld wind right now with THC and him, and they had the vision to know this is where we were headed and to start it from scratch and build it through this. John Normous, what gynamous?
Speaker 3: Namous?
Speaker 4: Jenamous?
Speaker 2: Have you had something this morning? I've had a couple of drinks. Yeah, so that's that's part of the reason we're here. They have a new thing here, Shannon, cornbread Seltzer. I don't know. I don't know how they have this, but they.
Speaker 3: Do before not today.
Speaker 2: Corn bread th HC selter includes peach ice tea and uh, what is it? Raspberry lime? Shannon. I know this is one of your favorite things to drink. Ice tend to stick on more of the gummy side, but this is like a Shannon the Dude beverage.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if we could get things worked out in Frankfurt, maybe soon.
Speaker 2: Apparently they're gonna Apparently all you gotta do if you want to follow the saga of how Frankfurt works, just watch how the how the whole THC CBD beverage thing has gone. It's it's quite a it's a messy world.
Speaker 3: So they're trying to tax it like bourbon instead of.
Speaker 2: We don't want to get into it. We don't want to get it.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to educate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that's what they want to do. But but nevertheless, we're here at corn Bread Hemp. Hopefully we were on the Hopefully we were on the break there during that during Shandon's government lesson, but nevertheless excited to be here. And if you come today you get free samples and Ryan your place, Wild Eggs is actually sending food.
Speaker 4: I just went over to Wild egg before we started and devoured a bunch of cinnamon rolls. So they definitely definitely came in as strong for me today.
Speaker 6: You pre ate Wild Eggs before they're bringing.
Speaker 4: Food here, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: So you had Wild Eggs as a lead into Wild egg Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. They brought some cinnamon rolls in there and they're now gone.
Speaker 2: All right, well good, well, all right, so let's talk a little bit about what's at stake tomorrow. Drew, So, Kentucky is nine and eight in conference. First of all, if you win, let's just start with you get a winning record in the SEC, the hardest SEC, probably the hardest conference we've seen so far. You get a winning record, that's good. Secondly, for the SEC tournament. If you lose, you're an eight seed. You're probably gonna open up with either Old Miss or Mississippi State as your first round game and then have to play Auburn. Not exactly the easiest roll road in the world. If you get if you you're gonna be a five, six, or seven. If you look at the numbers, the most likely scenario would be a six, which would put you against really anybody in the first game, and then maybe uh Tennessee in the second. When you're playing at night, everybody will get more time. I think we play Friday night, we'll have that or Thursday night, we'll have that place packed with people having gone down there. Then you get to the NCAA tournament. Kentucky is kind of looking like they're balancing between a three and a four seed. I'm kind of the belief if you win this game, you'll get up to a three seed. If you lose it, you probably end up a four seed. I actually think there's a huge difference between a three and a four this year because I think the ones are better than they usually are and the twos are weak. So I actually would say a lot is at stake for seeding, A lot is at stake just for both for the turn SEC and NCAA tournament. There aren't too many times I think the last game of the year has got more on the line than it does for Kentucky tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, and I've been obsessing over the SEC tournaments eaten, I haven't seen my family, haven't slept. That's all my brand thinks about. But for tomorrow's game, I think it's actually more important for the NCAA seed and you get up to a three now that we've secured a Thursday. Of course, i'd love to get a better seed in Nashville play at night, but I think winning tomorrow is a lot bigger for the NCAA tournament and stay get up up to a three seeds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got hurt by Texas A and M Ryan beating Auburn. Texas A and m beating Auburn jumped them above us in the NCAA tournament. That was a big win for them to get against the number one, and now they've kind of taken our spot as a three seed. You know, I'm not sure if winning tomorrow would be enough to jump them, but then maybe we could jump Wisconsin or one of those teams. But I want to see us be a three. I think it's really important for us to avoid because if we're at four, they're probably gonna put us with Houston or Duke, who I think are two of the best four teams in the Country for a Sweet sixteen game. I'd much rather play Wisconsin, Iowa State or a team like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those teams on the two line, none of them scare me at all. I would much rather play one of those teams that have to play Duke again or Houston.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm so sure if I even want to play Florida right now. Florida's playing so great right now.
Speaker 2: I don't want to play Florida either, but I think, uh, I think Florida's gonna be a one seat hit, and so I don't. I don't, I don't. I don't think you're gonna have to worry about that. Are you looking forward to to getting down to Nashville? You always, I know, like the rest of us who love it, you always have mixed emotions about Nashville.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 7: I always enjoy the ten roof shows down there. I think it's gonna be extra crazy this year because I think not only Kentucky fans will be taking over Broadway, but you know, there's a lot of excitement from other fan base.
Speaker 3: It's just because of how good these teams are.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great. First of all, I think that's a great point. If you're planning on going, this may be the most people we've seen there in a long time. I mean, first of all, the Kentucky we you know, Mark Pope said yesterday, I'm going we want to go win the SEC Tournament. How long has it been since we've seen a coach who says they want to win the SEC Tournament? I mean, our coach doesn't really matter either way. Then you throw in that, I think outside of Kentucky, probably the three best fan bases in the SEC for traveling to the SEC Tournament are Auburn, Tennessee, and Arkansas. And Auburn and Tennessee are really good and Arkansas is not great, but they're playing better, so you could end up I think with a huge crowd down there.
Speaker 5: I'll even throw all Miss in that group because they're rich, close to Nashville and finally have a reason to be excited about basketball. So I think Oh Miss fans will show up surprise everyone to a team that's Alabamas.
Speaker 2: Alabama's fans have been pretty into it, not that far drive. I mean, honestly, if all the good teams, you know, I guess Florida doesn't really travel Ryan, But the rest of those teams really do travel. So I think it's gonna be I mean, if you get if you get Kentucky and Auburn at one o'clock on Friday, I think that's gonna be a massive crowd. To be honest with you, for a for an afternoon session on a Friday, I think that'll be an extremely difficult too.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna have a lot of good crowds down there in Nashville, for sure. A guy here just told me he bought his tickets last night for fifty nine dollars. I said, man, you can go down there fifty nine triple sell the man for one session?
Speaker 2: Who was that?
Speaker 4: Where is he right now?
Speaker 2: Or did you just wake there? He is?
Speaker 4: He's over there.
Speaker 2: Fifty nine dollars. Wow for just one session though.
Speaker 7: Right, multiple sessions up.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, But I mean you can't get the whole book for fifty nine dollars. Okay, all right, I guess it.
Speaker 4: Take sell. Let's make a lot of money down there this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that would be Yeah. If you could get all of them for fifty I think you'll have some that are big. And if Kentucky were to get to Saturday. Let's just think of a word. Let's say we were to play Tennessee and beat them, and you were to get Kentucky versus Florida, Auburn versus Alabama on Saturday, Shannon, you would said, that would be a huge, huge thing.
Speaker 7: And I think a lot of people come down. We see this every year. People come to Nashville, don't even go to the game. They just want to be there, just to be a part of the excitement and the atmosphere there.
Speaker 3: So I think a lot of people will be doing that.
Speaker 2: So, uh, by the way, for our show, we will be doing our show on Thursday. Okay, so we're gonna do you know, we do one live show every year. We're gonna do it on Thursday, just in case something were going to happen and we were to lose. But we will do it at ten Roof on Thursday, and then if we win on Friday, we'll probably do something private. But we will do it Thursday at ten Roof and then Shannon, you play there Thursday.
Speaker 7: We're playing Thursday, and depending on where Kentucky lands either a seven or eight seed, we're gonna have to change our time that we play.
Speaker 2: Change your time for it as well. All right, so we are one hundred percent healthy of the guys, Drew, We're gonna have healthy, Right, we don't have Jackson Robinson and Kerk Creesa, but everybody else is ready to go. How do you see our lineup at this point in the year, like like, like, what is this team? Knowing Jackson Robinson and Kerk Criesa are not playing again. Pope confirmed that yesterday about Kerr what is this team?
Speaker 5: Well, as I mentioned yesterday, I think, I mean you what Jackson Robinson, But there's at least now we know you're a no next man up, there's no sitting there.
Speaker 6: Am I gonna play today? How many minutes I'm gonna get?
Speaker 2: You're the guy?
Speaker 5: It's gonna be Kobe Bray at to start, He's gonna have to make three He's like he has two every game. But then also someone off the bench is gonna step up in scoring, and that could be a rotation, that could be a collective effort. I think, or I'm hoping Colin Chandler's will breakthrough last week in ropp Arena could be a big step forward and making up for that because defensively, Kentucky is what they are, but they will miss his scoring, and some other guys are gona to step up carry that load.
Speaker 2: I see this as a team that's got Elite eight level starters and first round of the NCAA level bench, and so I'm with you, you need one or two of the bench guys. We just can't have right starters cannot play poorly right like we like in big games. They're just not gonna be able to play poorly because we're gonna need a lot of minutes from the first five guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you see Andrew Carr now that he's healthy, you know he's playing more minutes, playing better. It seems like, man, if you'd get that production off the bench like he got out of Anngley Aminor and Brandon Garrison and then Colin Chandler last.
Speaker 2: That was one game, game four, they combined for five points.
Speaker 4: If you can get that more often from those three guys, they can become just that much more dangerous.
Speaker 5: With filling Robinson spot, I mean, Noah would be a big piece there because it's out his position. He's been cold a little bit lately. He's gonna have to knock down some threes. To carry that scoring low too.
Speaker 2: Eight. I'm nine eight twenty two eighty seven. We are here at Cornbread Hemp right off in Cheff Avenue, Schiff Avenue in Louisville. A lot of free gifts, great crowd. We'll take a break and be right back. This is Kentucky Sports Radio. Waterback. It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Great crowd here this morning in Louisville. I say this all the time when we are in Louisville. We always get an amazing crowd. Hopefully we can do it more. And this one's kind of you know, you got to want to get back here. It's back here. But thanks to Cornbread Hemp, they found parking for everybody. I have to tell you, when Billy told me we were having a crowd here, I thought, I have no idea where they're going to park these people, because I had been back here and they found a way to do it. So thanks to those guys for doing it. Corn Bread Hemp's one of the fastest growing hemp companies in America. Flower Only Extraction produces the highest quality of CBD experience. I see Marcia even went and got her some uh corn bread barsha, Like, are you.
Speaker 3: A minute.
Speaker 2: Now, I see how it is with those gold, big blue socks. You're gonna be wild in those gold blue, big blue socks. I understand, Marsha and can call those nerves in March. We will we uh, we will need that eight five nine two eight twenty two eighty seven. Did you see Rick Patino speaking of people Marshall likes? Rick Patino was on the Tonight Show last night?
Speaker 4: It was he.
Speaker 2: I saw that, So I have to say this, you know, put us on. Whatever your feelings are of Rick Patino, and and mine have been very negative over the years, they've been positive recently. But either way, he brings a level of celebrity to college basketball that I think we had forgotten, maybe a little bit, after all the scandals. How many coaches are gonna end up on the Tonight Show? He might be the only one. I don't. I'm not even sure cal could get could could get on the Tonight Show. And then they sing a song. He like, Jimmy Fallon wrote a song or somebody wrote a song about Saint John's basketball and the Saint John's basketball team. Patino and Jimmy Fallon sing a song, and then Jimmy Fallon puts on Patino's white suit and the two of them are sitting there in the white suit, and it made me think, Ryan, leave everything about your your thoughts about Patino aside them being good, is actually good for college basketball? It is When do you think is the last time The Tonight Show has talked about college basketball? I mean, it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: Yes, the fact that Rick Patino is back and kind of made Saint John's relevant is good for all of college basketball.
Speaker 2: And the song was kind of catchy. I'm not gonna liign it to you, Rick, I'll tell you what when we come when we come back from the next break, will you lead in with the song? It's on my Twitter? Okay, will you do that? Rick? Okay? All right? But did you hear the song? Was kind of catchy.
Speaker 6: I just saw a clip of him on there.
Speaker 2: I didn't hear the song.
Speaker 5: But you're right about how his celebrity has either gotten back to what it was or gotten even higher.
Speaker 6: In New York.
Speaker 5: But back there was at the Garden for one of their last games, and it's just talking about how like Rick is king around there and what he's done with Saint John's and brother.
Speaker 2: They're selling out the games. They just announced that next year, every big East game they're gonna have in the garden, which they've never done. They've never had that in the history or like since back in the eighties and nineties, because they've been playing half the games on their home court, you know. I mean, I would think in the portal they're probably gonna go get players. I think it's I mean, he's old, so he's not gonna coach that long. But however long he coaches there, I actually think they're gonna be good.
Speaker 4: And even though he's old, I mean, he does seem to have a lot of energy, like he's been rejuvenated a little bit, and you know, he doesn't look quite like a.
Speaker 2: Corpse or like got some color in his face and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: I don't think he's happy in New York, right, He's a New York guy. You can you can just tell that he's his wife.
Speaker 2: I think always it was the story March did his wife in New York when they were here? Is that the.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she dot the biggest Patino hater sitting right there.
Speaker 7: Well, he said he didn't even have his honeymoon because he had to go out and recruit.
Speaker 2: This is happened. I mean a lot of people, we all know people who are work obsessed in their life. But I want you to find somebody who's more work obsessed than a dude who loses his job and is like, I gotta go to Greece and coaching Greece so that I can keep coaching basketball. I mean, that's kind of how he is. They'll be burying him at some point as a coach.
Speaker 4: But you know, he had success in Greece, he had success at Iona, you know he had success here. He's had success at Kentucky. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Now what happens Drew If we're a three seed and our two seed is Saint John's, which is not insane like that, that scenario is very plausible. Can you imagine if it's Newark, Newark, New Jersey, two seed Saint John's three seed Kentucky right outside of New York City. Can you imagine what that would be like. That's a distinct possibility.
Speaker 5: I would like to avoid it because how good they are defensively, but it would be a fun game.
Speaker 6: With Pino connection.
Speaker 5: Casino might show up wearing a UK quarter zippro and for Pope the way acting all season. But as much as I don't want that matchup, I would like all the stuff around it.
Speaker 2: See, I would kind of like that matchup. I actually think we would play. I actually think we would beat him, to be honest with you, because they why you can't shoot? Like, who would you rather play? Would you would you rather play Alabama? Would you rather play Saint John's? You'd rather play Saint John's. We can't score with Alabama, but Saint john scores sixty five points.
Speaker 7: We can score that, Okay, all right, when it happens.
Speaker 3: When it happens, bring on Saint John's.
Speaker 2: I want him to wear that white suit and then he walks out with a loss. That's what I want to beat us.
Speaker 4: The day selection committee would never put Saint John's right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go on record right now this is my prediction. We play our first and second round game, we're gonna win Tomorrow, play our first ers in the second round games in Providence. Our two seed is gonna be Saint John's in Newark, New Jersey, and we're going to end up playing each other. You you marked that down? Did you mark it down? We'll take it. Well, No, we won't take a break, We'll take off. Who's up next? Got that next? Eating? Go ahead eating?
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, what's going today? I am en route to Chicago, Illinois. I'm relocated from the Bluegrass making a move for a job up there. Just wanted to call in and see, Uh, I got one question for you.
Speaker 2: So I'm just curious.
Speaker 8: I was thinking about the other day, and I hate to say the catch this is not there's a team they can't beat, But after the Auburn game, you gotta think it's really hard for them. They don't match up well with Auburn. Outside of Auburn, who do you guys think we just don't match up well with? You wouldn't want to see in the tournament. That'd be very hard for the team to beat.
Speaker 3: I'll hang up there.
Speaker 2: The three, the three teams that I would want to see Kentucky Drew play the least in the tournament are all SECA. I don't want to see him play Auburn, Alabama or Florida just because I don't know if we can score. Though. I think, you know, Houston's really good, Duke's good. I mean, I wouldn't love to play them, but they can't put up ninety consistently like Florida, Alabama and Auburn are and I just I think without Jackson, Robinson Drew, I just don't think we can score ninety no matter what. And I also don't think we can stop well. I mean we can, but against a decent team, and I just don't think we can stop them. So if I usually go on the tournament, say what are the teams I want to avoid? To be honest with you, One, two, and three for me are SEC teams. What about you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I definitely agree on Florida and Auburn.
Speaker 5: With Alabama, I mean, you've lost to him twice, I'd like a shot at them again with Butler being able to guard Sears. That Tuscle loosey game I want to throw out. But at Rup they hit two more threes and they won by five. Just with the similar styles, I think that game would really come down to who's shooting better. But Florida Auburn I definitely avoid it. Really, i'd will From Tennessee. I don't think good match up at all for the balls as we've seen twice already this season.
Speaker 2: And I, by the way, think Saint John's is very similar to Tennessee to be honest with you, what about what three would you want to avoid?
Speaker 4: Definitely those three and and Florida scares me. Warning Florida is one of those three we mentioned. Yeah, that's those are the three. There's no doubt about it. Florida. You know they won at alburd they won in Alabama and they scored one hundred on us. You know, hey won the game. They scored one hundred on us. I think they're the maybe the guy the team that should be bit we look at uh, the.
Speaker 2: Other team should be both scared of what's happening. Are you okay?
Speaker 4: We're doing I'm doing okay.
Speaker 2: I mean you were no more samples. You still weren't samples.
Speaker 3: There was the sentiment rolls.
Speaker 4: There's the sentiment rolls.
Speaker 2: I mean those those were only occasionally words that actually were that were actual words. So we'll see if we can. We'll see, we'll get him recharged and we'll take a break. Eight five nine two oh twenty two eighty seven. We're here a corporate hip. This is ks R. There ones was this quad from Jamaica, Queens the Winds, but the name Mercy Yorks Choen the garden shook. This is a Jimmy Fallondred Storm. Soon the Red Storm comes to rock the in. Then they go run one day, when the winning is done, we'll cut the nets and go draining trees through the hoop. Lay a pump fake gally to Johnny's March two victory the champs of the Big Eies. I mean, that's kind of it's kind of catchy. I'm not gonna lie too well. They act like the players and Patino sang it. I kind of doubt that is what happened. I think there's too much good harmony. But nevertheless, it is Jimmy Fallon's voice, so I thought it was actually kind of catchy.
Speaker 4: Is this something that Jimmy Fallon the Tonight Show just made up? Or is this something that's been going on with Saint John's all season.
Speaker 2: I assume they made it up.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but that is a great song for like on the spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they probably recorded it two days before at the.
Speaker 2: Second You got. I mean, they had the Vice documentary, they had this He's He's done exactly what you need to do. One person on text machine. Right, we're here at corn Bred him seven seven two seven seven four five two five four Matt, I would like to know what you think. Everyone on the show and in your KSR crew's biggest strength is you don't have to say their biggest weakness.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and we'd be here all down weaknesses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, okay, so that's a good question because it's good to say nice things. All right. So I'll go from right to uh left. Well, first I'll start out there. Mario's biggest strength is he has brought a lot of new ideas and new things to do, and he really has connected us with a younger audience. If you look at our demos, like especially online, like we have more twenty to thirty five year old people listening, like they've kind of we've almost been sort of rediscovered by like a newer generation. I just noticed, like kids in college and right out of college, just how many more of them know who we are than five years ago, let's say. So, he's been a big bolt of energy and fresh air. Billy is organization. He like makes sure the stuff behind the scenes happens. And the good thing about one of the best things about Billy is he will work whenever you need it. If you need him, he's there, and that's a piece of advice I would give to people starting their careers. If an employer thinks he or she can count on you and you'll be there and show up and do what you're supposed to do, that's a massive positive that will stick you around. Billy does that. Ryan is amazing at dealing with people, and specifically at dealing with people that I don't want to deal with. He is really no I mean when we go do remotes, like nobody is better at dealing with the audience talking to him, being kind and of all ages too. He will, and so that's in addition to being like a really good radio host, he is the best at dealing with people. Drew is one of the funniest people I know, and Drew kind of gets me on a mental level, probably better than anybody knows how to respond to me, knows how to deal with me, and I probably still, outside of maybe one or two girlfriends, have spent more nights in the same room with Drew than anyone on earth. And then Shannon is another one with organization, but also like quick wit knows the song to play has gotten so much better. I mean, you go to listen to the first year or two of KSR and then get to now and he has an amazing ability to be a jerk online on radio, but people still love him like he can be the funny jerk that I think a show needs. And so that is my compliments to all of you. So I will give all of you around him before and.
Speaker 3: I would do you. Yeah, MADD's biggest strength is he knows more than the Internet. That's a pretty good strength.
Speaker 2: See perfect example of the jerk I'm talking about. Like, I say all nice things and then he immediately makes fun of me back.
Speaker 4: So here's what I'll say. You're, without a doubt, the best radio host I've ever worked with. I mean, you do such a great job of driving the show, getting in and out, getting callers in on and off, going through uh the topics, great topics every single day. That's not easy to do, to come up with good topics every single day. But the thing you don't know about Matt he's got a big heart. I mean he really does. And some of that stuff you don't see because he's got to be, you know, mister macho radio host.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone would call me macho. There's not one. There's not one person listening to the show because you know he's a macho guy. Is that Matt Jones the stinking liberal? I don't think anybody says that.
Speaker 4: But he got a big heart. He really does. He cares about people and cares especially the people that need it the most.
Speaker 3: Cares about the state too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much to each other. Did you see did you see last night Drew that Kendrick Perkins and Charles Barkley are now like challenging each other to a fight.
Speaker 5: I did see this, and I have to admit they're both very good at talking trash. He said, I'm gonna Kendrick Perkinson if I.
Speaker 2: Let me read you. Yeah, so, I don't know what what did. What I didn't understand is what did Charles.
Speaker 6: Barkley do that made himself on? It was actually pretty blunt.
Speaker 5: Charles Barkley said, you know that idiot on ESPN, and then Shack's like, which idiot? He goes, Kendrick Perkins, He's a full and idiot, and then he said, I know we're about to work from this network and they're idiots too. I was watching, like, I can't believe Charles is saying this on television, right.
Speaker 2: So then Kendrick Perkins replied Shannon on Twitter, Hey, NBA on T and T might want to tell that senior citizen Charles Barkley. Then I'll be around when he see an idiot or full in person. Make sure he keep that same energy. He can come playing with me if he want to, and I'm gonna address his ass like the numbers on a house straight from the four oh nine home Boy and we barred none and fade all.
Speaker 7: Understood some of what you just read, I have a good media battle.
Speaker 2: I didn't understand all of it.
Speaker 5: I actually wrote down a note address you like the numbers on a house and we bar none in fade all because I like those lines.
Speaker 2: Address you like the numbers on the house. First of all, they're both old men, so they both need to slow down, like nobody needs to be like, they don't need to be fighting. Y'all are grown ups, no reason to be fighting. But I do. I Actually I'm on Barkley. I think Hendrick Perkins don't tell anybody this because we work for the same company, But I think he's kind of terrible on television, so I do, like I will take Barkley, who my opinion, is the best person to ever be on television doing sports. It's like John Madden, you know, Howard Cosell and Charles Barkley. I mean it. I think he's the best, So I'm team Barkley. But I do like Ryan that these two senior citizen men may end up fighting. And you do not put on the internet what I just said about Marion that video. You need to turn that camera on. Meat, let's go.
Speaker 4: He had all this great content.
Speaker 2: Yet it turn out, you know what, since it's just us talking, and I already said that, can I tell you what I screwed up this weekend?
Speaker 3: So get that tornado drill back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, it's just us talking. Turn that camera off. All right. So the New York Times is doing a story Have I told this yet on him?
Speaker 4: He just told us all right.
Speaker 2: New York Times is doing a story that I think comes out Sunday that's about Democrats trying to use sports to relate to the young men that they've lost, right, And for whatever reason, they wanted to interview me, I guess because I'm a Democrat that had the young men listened to. So they were talking to me and they were asking me all this stuff, and then they asked me, Shannon about Stephen A. Smith. Again, sometimes I forget that, like you're co workers. We technically are co workers, even though I've never met the guy. Right. So they said, Stephen A. Smith's talked about running for president? Do you think Democrats want him to be president? And I used a sentence that shann and I should have remembered I was on the record when I said it. Maybe you should have kept it off the record. I said, the only person that wants Stephen A. Smith to be president is Stephen A. Smith.
Speaker 3: Amen, you're not wrong that you.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, I'm right.
Speaker 3: I know that's right.
Speaker 2: You know I'm right. But when I said that, I went, hoh, because I could tell, you know, you could tell when the reporters like, oh, say that again on the record. And then I went, you know, what could that be off the record? And she was like, well, it's already on the record.
Speaker 4: And he guaranteed that's the quote they're gonna.
Speaker 2: Use for you. So when I get up Sunday morning, I'm gonna be like, I hope they didn't use that one when it actually Shannon, when the article actually comes out again, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I think a lot of people would agree with you. I know, I know that you'll work in.
Speaker 2: The same He just literally yesterday signed a new hundred million dollars deal with ESPN. Take a lot of zeros out to get to my salary from the ESPN.
Speaker 3: He's not going anywhere for a while. But speaking of idiots, I'll.
Speaker 5: Be able to think Barkley because the things he was saying about that network is someone who's about to.
Speaker 6: Start working for them. I couldn't believe he will.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he will, Hopefully he will cover mine up. Who's up next, Richard, Richard?
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Richard, Well, I'm wishing the guys a good luck on the con game. I think we got a shot at beat Missouri if we hit the three ball good and if the two bigs where the three bigs played good down in the box and give us some scoring like to happen the last few games. Listen, y'all have a nice weekend. Ope, big Blue, We'll see what happened.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Richard. I think Ryan, one of the biggest things that's happened for Kentucky in the last three games is that Andrew Carr, from the beginning of the year, is back right like he looks fully healthy. To me, he looks like his back is not hurting as much, and he looks like the guy that looks so good the first eight or nine games of the year, and I think that's been losing Robinson. But we've kind of picked Andrew Carr back up after having a few weeks where he really wasn't himself.
Speaker 4: You can see how much better the offense is where he is on the floor and playing healthy. You know, Pope talk a lot yesterday's pres Commin's about pace. You know, he said, we played the pace that we wanted to play, and we got the shots we wanted to get off. And they can continue that into the SEC tournament in March. That's where Andrew Carter steps up and comes up that much more valuable.
Speaker 5: Earlier in the year, I even when he first got with the team, I was saying, that's my final four MVP. I thought Carr would be the star of this team. That back clearly got to him. Now he's not the star of the team, but I do think he's gonna be very meaningful for both tournament runs. Because he was big in the thin Gonzaga win, he was big in the Duke win. All the big wins before he got hurt, he played a major role.
Speaker 2: He was big in every big win we had, and you're exactly right, Florida. I mean, like all of those games he played really well, and then he was just gone for a long time. The other thing is he's making the three like like when he when he gets an open shot, Shannon, I now feel like it's gonna go in, which was not the case for about the three or four weeks before that.
Speaker 7: It's important that we get i think, at least a couple of threes a game from Car, and especially if you have a game like we're away, maybe struggling and you're trying to find points somewhere, that's a good place that you can get him from Car.
Speaker 2: Thinking Pope's system, the four, whoever the four is, gets an open look in the corner a lot. If you think think about it, it's all minor and Car and those guys tend to just the way he plays, they tend to be open in the corner a lot. And for a few weeks it didn't look like Car wanted to shoot that shot. And now he's not only shooting it, he's actually making it. If you can score big with DraftKings that the UK lines are already up. There's probably more UK stuff this week than I can remember. They're about to ge getting in their March Madness field. It's official sports betting partner of the NBA DraftKings sportsbook app. You use a code KSR every point counts. Download the app. Use a code KSR for new customers for one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets when you bet just five dollars, it's at DraftKings. The crown is yours. If you have a gaming problem called one hundred gameber eighteen plus Kentucky only, lgbro Stixon's apply new customers only. Bonuspits fire one hundred and sixty eight hours after Instrum's traditional terms responsible gaming resource see DKG dot co slash audio. We'll take a break and be right back here at corn Bradhamp. This is KSR.
Speaker 3: Quarterback.
Speaker 2: It is Turkey Sports Radio here at corn Brandhamp. If you go to Cornbredhemp dot com and use my code KSR, you get thirty percent off Cornbreadthem dot com. Use my pro KSR thirty percent off. You know, we talk about it a lot, but let me just say and I mean this. I've said this to Jim, and the corn bred HEIMP was a big part of helping me kind of get my sleep regulation restarted. After I had my health issues, I really had a hard time for like the next six months getting regular sleep. It was part of what was causing my anxiety. I started using corn bred hemp. It helped me immensely, made it to where like six to seven hours of straight sleep, which was very hard for me otherwise, And it really did help my health. I was never like, I was never really a marijuana THHC guy. I was actually very hesitant to even start it. And this is CBD but made a huge difference for me. And that's not just an ad, it's actually a fact. And so first of all, I'm happy for their success, but it also really had a personal impact on me, Shad, and so I'm glad to see all they've done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I won't get too deep into it.
Speaker 7: I talked about it on the pre show, but I had some anxiety panic attack issues last year and I took this and it was the one thing that really helped me get through it. So I'm really appreciative for the product.
Speaker 2: So so anyway you can you can try to use the promo code KSR for thirty percent off your first order. Guys. Conference tournaments, COMPS tournaments are going on right now. They've been going on this week, but then we get our first we get our first final games this weekend in a few conferences. This is a lot of people say Saturday is one of the more fun days in college basketball all year because you get like two or three automatic bids getting given on Saturday night, including the OBC, which is the first one that'll give it. You also have almost everyone plays on Saturday because they don't want to play on Sunday. So it's like the most college basketball games in the day of the year. And if you look at the matchups, you get Alabama habor and you get Duke Caroline. Normally we have a Marquee matchup on the last kind of weird that we got Missouri this year, but then they ended up pretty good, so it works out. But Big Day Saturday, you're looking forward to sitting and watching it.
Speaker 4: I love it, man, because you know, one of these smaller conference tournaments, somebody's been hit a buzzer beater. It's gonna go into three overtime somebody's gonna win the game right at the final seconds. That's what makes it special. That's why we love March Madness and.
Speaker 2: Drew our team Omaha with our guys, the Outrunners, the guys that beat up the trash cans when they win. They won their first game. They're in the semifinals. If you can, you can find the video online. They and they're they're athletic director did a dropped elbow from the top rope onto a trash cow. I don't know what's wrong with these guys, but I love them. But they will end up. They play in their semifinals Saturday too.
Speaker 5: Kentucky will never be replaced. Is this now your second favorite team in basketball?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 2: They made they're the favorites to win their car They yes, and if they do, as long as they don't play us, Shannon, I'm rooting for him in the next game.
Speaker 7: They got that Outrunner's boost, That's what I'm gonna call it. You know, you get they spin when they go in. You think they can get the entire team to do a spin after every win?
Speaker 2: All right, let me ask you a question. I said the ovc uh the OBC is the first one Here's what I didn't realize. Can you name Ryan who is in the OVC right now? So that there are the semifinals of the tournament are tonight. I'm gonna give you. I will give you ten dollars if in one gas ten dollars, ten dollars. If you can give me yes, you can get one egg ten dollars if you can name one of the four teams that tonight is playing in the OBC semifinals, ten dollars one team.
Speaker 4: I could use the ten dollars because all the OVC teams I know don't play in the OVC anymore.
Speaker 2: If I will no kidding, if the answer was more head, I wouldn't play this game. I'm trying to. I'm trying because they already lost. By the way, ten t there are four teams. You tell me one that's in the semifinals tonight, and you will get a crisp ten dollar bill. Let me just pull it out.
Speaker 4: Oh you're gonna tantalize with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I actually don't have it, but I have four dollars. Well I have I have a four dollars and one hundred. You're not getting out of four dollars with an, I owe you for six dollars for one team in the o VC.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with our good friends Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.
Speaker 2: Here's corall take your four dollars.
Speaker 4: Give me that four dollars.
Speaker 2: How did you know that?
Speaker 3: Say it? Say it?
Speaker 4: It was just I just all, like I said, all the schools. I don't know, just day, last night, Oh I stayed at holiday.
Speaker 2: You're gonna seriously, how did you get that? I'm shocked you got that.
Speaker 4: Well, because, like you know, e KU and Murray and BELLBLL these teams don't play by trying to who they used to play when the o VC, and I thought that say you ever did it was in it.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you got that. I thought that was the e he is four dollars. I was not gonna have to give away, Thank you very much that curiosity, because I was gonna give you all a chance. If he got it wrong. Can either of you get one of the other three?
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 5: I mean I can name the old over can anybody else Burray State Missouri State, not Urry State Missouri State.
Speaker 2: But there can anybody out here? Just give me one? No anybody, no, no, those are all the other Here are the other three. Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. I can't believe you got all four of those. Uh they play Tennessee State and then Little Rock plays Southeast Missouri. One of those four teams will make the NCAA Tournament. I can not.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope it's Edwardsville on them right now.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. You got the games at ten thirty tonight on the ESPN U if you want to watch it. Who's next?
Speaker 10: Go ahead, Brady, Yeah, thanks for taking the call. Guys actually going to the game with some of my Miszoo buddies that are alumni, and uh so, I'm excited about that. But the one point I wanted to make about Kentucky the Missoo team. You guys mentioned it early in the show. They got great shooters off the bench. Caleb Grill comes off the bench and then Jacob Cruz as well comes off the bench. They can both shoot it. But I think Kentucky's advantages of takea away. I think Miszoo has no one to stop him, and if he can get going like that Oklahoma game, he can get go on toward the basket and rattle off buckets in a hurry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this, This Missouri team will give up points. I appreciate the call. They do not guard. They try to beat you by shooting. So you know if I agree, I think Oway can take their guys off the bounce. We just have to get out on shooters. Andrew hope that they have a cold night and then when they have a cold night, they can get blown out. I mean we've seen that a few tuo. Yeah.
Speaker 5: His name of player is another familiar name. They got a kid from Lexington, Mark Wes Warwick. He was big and Northern Kentucky transferred their last year. He had a great career in Northern Kentucky. He was good for them last season. Comes off the bench now. But Henry would be a fun game there. That's a fun game to watch. But we could sure use a victory. We will take a break come back. Our number two here at corn red half.
Speaker 2: This is Kso