Speaker 1: You're listening to Jojosa Now with Me, Jojo Siua and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to JoJo's CEA.
Speaker 1: Now everybody, I gotta admit I thoroughly am enjoying this new whole The Five Things, because truly, I was prepping today's podcast and I was thinking about five things in this situation, and I went down memory lane myself, this is gonna this is gonna get interesting, it's gonna get juicy, it's gonna get gossipy, it's gonna get insider information, and I'm I'm thoroughly I'm stoked about.
Speaker 2: It, honestly too, because I feel like a lot of times.
Speaker 1: With me, people think like I'm not normal, or I'm not real, or I'm not human. And I feel like the things that I'm gonna talk about in doing the Five Things, You're gonna get to see the more human side of me, which I'm really, really really stoked about. Anyways, jumping straight into today's what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: Five things that I did with my ex that I can't believe. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do this on because I thought it was funny. There's a viral clip of me that's like dream guests on my podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh, probably one of my exes.
Speaker 1: And honestly, in that moment, that was what I was thinking, what I was feeling, right, I never expected that to go as I guess viral as it did.
Speaker 2: But I guess a man, I could.
Speaker 1: Literally at this point say anything and it'll get dogged on by the internet, which is fine, I'm here for it. I'll be the human punching bag for the world. Don't really care anymore. But I didn't really expect that, And then I feel like that drew a lot of attension to the podcasts, and so now everyone's been like, well, which ex are you gonna have on your podcast?
Speaker 3: And I was like, absolutely not a them.
Speaker 1: I was like, if I had to, no, absolutely not, no, absolutely never. But I will say I do have a good relationship with one of my exes. But aside from that, you know, I I'm good, all past all fast. I think it's important that you keep yourself happy and you keep yourself mentally stable, and for me to do that, I will not have anybody in this podcast room with me.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Anyways, though, jumping into the point of this new format, five things I did with my ex and I can't believe I'm telling you I got five little miniature story times for you, and uh, without for I do. I feel like we should just jump right in, go off the deep end, and start off with I lived with one of my exes.
Speaker 2: Actually technically my ex lived with me.
Speaker 1: We're in my house, in this very room. Actually this room used to be my bedroom. So my house is kind of split up, and I have three rooms on one side of the house and now I've lived in all three at some point, but at this point in time, this room that I'm in right now feeling this podcast was actually my bedroom. And yeah, it's so strange to me because I was very very young.
Speaker 3: We were.
Speaker 1: I was seventeen, she was sixteen. But you just had to be there to understand why we lived together. I don't know how to explain it. I don't know why it made sense. If I was a mom and I had a sixteen year old or seventeen year old, I'd be like, no, that's chaotic, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: That's psychotic, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: And like even if.
Speaker 1: I like, I have friends now that are seventeen, Okay, I don't have friends, but I know people that are seventeen. I know people that are sixteen and I hear them talking about their first crushes or their relationships or my cousin is a solid example. She's sixteen and I cannot imagine them living together.
Speaker 2: But again, you'd just had to be there.
Speaker 3: To understand why it made sense.
Speaker 2: I think because it was like the best.
Speaker 3: Way that I could explain it.
Speaker 2: I think because it was COVID and there.
Speaker 1: Wasn't really much going on and we were happier and it just like worked.
Speaker 2: We were able to.
Speaker 3: But the crazy thing is she didn't even live in California at the time.
Speaker 1: She lived across the country, which really blows my mind that we made it work and that it worked better and that at sixteen she was able to make that commitment. I mean it, it genuinely, when I tell you, blows my mind to look back and think, yah, because I'm not much older now.
Speaker 3: I'm twenty.
Speaker 1: Now I'm only four years old or three years older, I guess from my age. But I'm just like, damn, that like really doesn't make sense to me. But again, I'm only twenty and so I can't imagine I'll feel in five years. But that is that is the first thing that I I guess it's kind of known, but I've never been so open about it, but it is.
Speaker 3: It is a thing. Second thing that I can't believe.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you this actually kind of goes both ways. And I just have written down background check because it's kind of a two parter. Number One thing is I have to have people background checked, and that is very normal in a celebrity situation, but something happened with an X that now because of it, I have.
Speaker 3: To do a little bit of a background check on people.
Speaker 1: And first X that I had a background check, there was something in a background check and I was like, wow, that's fascin because we're telling me that one.
Speaker 3: But the thing is is I didn't.
Speaker 1: We never We never Okay, Okay, Okay, I need to be very straight up. We were never official, Okay, but we were talking. We were deep enough into talking for the background truck to happen, and I got a feeling. And now I'm a little more lenient with the background check. I'm like, Okay, if the feelings there, like, let me be smart and let me make sure I do it. But if it's not, then like, if the trust is there, the trust is there, that should have also been a big sign.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't know. I think I think it kind of depends.
Speaker 3: On the person in the situation and everything.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so background check happens, and yeah, there was a bit of a record on somebody and I was like, wow, thank god for the background check. I am out on this one dog. And yeah, that's that's how that wrapped up. But second part of this is I hope I don't get in trouble for talking about this, but I don't think I will because I'm gonna be very unexplicit about this so that way no one can gain any inside of information. But one of my exes actually had to reach out to me for me to complete a background check on them, and.
Speaker 2: I was like, no way, this is real, No way, this is real.
Speaker 1: And it was it was fine, like they were chill like I would the background check for. Like it was more of a like, we just need to talk to you, as one of her exes, to see, you know, just to give us a little information. And so I did and totally fine. It was for something that's very normal that you would need a background check for. And I was like, yeah, absolutely, I'm so down. But receiving that text of like, Hey, so I know we're not speaking and this is very odd of me to reach out to you, but I kind of need you to do this.
Speaker 2: Is it okay if I give him your email?
Speaker 1: And I was like absolutely, and I we had to talk about when we broke up and how we were both idiots and we're it's just silly stuff. And honestly, it brought me a lot of like silly fun closure that I guess I didn't need, but it was kind of fun to receive. And then yeah, just kind of getting to explain our relationship because it wasn't very long lived, so to get to explain our relationship. I was like, well, all right, this is kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Anyways, third thing, all this is bad.
Speaker 3: This is bad.
Speaker 2: This is bad.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I I was.
Speaker 1: I was kind of scared to even talk about this, but I was like, Eh, it'll.
Speaker 2: Be fine, it'll be fine.
Speaker 3: No, just be a little ah, it's not fine.
Speaker 1: This would have been like around two ish years ago, and I started doing all of my new music right and recording all these songs. People don't know this, but I have a lot of songs in the bank.
Speaker 3: That I have recorded.
Speaker 2: I have a little category of.
Speaker 1: Like twenty eight, twenty seven or twenty eight songs that I've recorded. Some I wrote, some I didn't write some I my voice are on all.
Speaker 2: My voice is actually on all of them.
Speaker 1: But there's some that my voice isn't on yet doesn't matter anyways. Uh, this isn't a phase where I'm doing a lot of sessions. I have a recording session right now. I barely do recording session because it's already done. The only thing will be is we're like, oh, let's add some things, let's take away some things, or let's change some things.
Speaker 2: That's like the reasons why I would go into the station now. But back then, it's like two years ago.
Speaker 1: I'm in the studio honestly, maybe like four or five days a week. It is all the time. So I'm in this relationship. They come out to visit me, and I can take a bit off work, get a bit off for a recording studio, but I can't take it all off. And so I had this session that I really didn't want to cancel because it has been so long in the making that I was like, nat it, we gotta do this session. And so I do this recording session and I was like, can you just can you come with me?
Speaker 3: And they were like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. So we're at the recording session and the whole day is just not good. Right.
Speaker 1: Our relationship at this point it wasn't good. I knew that I was out on the relationship, but I didn't really know how to be out of the relationship. I didn't know how to end things with her, and so I was just kind of like stringing myself along. Maybe things will get better, I don't really know. Anyway, So I'm in the recording session, and the recording session was great.
Speaker 3: However, I look out.
Speaker 1: And my girlfriend at the time was crying and being like so pissed off on her phone. Come and find out she was reading hate about our relationship. And I was just like stop, like I've told you, like, don't don't feed into it like she was. She really liked feeding into it, and it just of course it made it worse.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, And so I was like no.
Speaker 1: I just anyways, So we're in this recording session and this song that I'm recording is a song about a girl, and the song will be released.
Speaker 2: For a while, but it's a song about a girl.
Speaker 3: And it's very sweet, it's very sentimental.
Speaker 1: I did not write the song, but I knew that this song was a smash and I was like, absolutely, I want it and I want to record it.
Speaker 2: Maybe very clear.
Speaker 1: About me not writing the song, because that is something that I get pressed for on the world today. I've never claimed to be a songwriter. I have claimed to be an entertainer, which sure is hell Liam, I'm keeping all you entertained out there, but I definitely am not a songwriter. I have written songs, but not a songwriter anyways. Don't have anything to do with writing, but I do attach things to songs when i'm singing them.
Speaker 2: So this song, it's a very sweet.
Speaker 1: Song about a girl, about my girl, and it's very cute and I really love the song, really love the hit and I we end the recording session and we get in the car and my girlfriend at the time was like, that song was really good, and I was like, thank you so much, bab, like I really appreciate that. And then she asked me, she goes, do you think about me when you sing it? And when I tell you, without missing a damn beat, I go no. I didn't even realize that that flew out of my mouth because I didn't. I didn't I guess love her anymore. And I was confused and there was just a lot happening in my brain. And it was a rough day of me being in the session and looking out at her and she was just not happy to be there, and I wasn't letting myself think about her. And I was like, I'm just focusing on this song right now, like I'm not attaching you to it anyways. So I just I blurted, literally blurted. I could not help it, no out of my mouth. And I was like, I don't think about anything when I sing songs. And she was like, you don't think about me when you're singing this song, like you should think about me. And I was like, well, I'm already on this path of like I said, no, so I just really gotta go with it here and like be honest. So I was like, no, I really really don't and she was like, oh, but.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 1: Oh this is awful to say, But I didn't necessarily care because I was so out already and so much had happened that I was just like, this isn't a good relationship. And that is the thing we have to go through bad relationships to have good relationships. And so I was just like, you know what, it's fine. We're all gonna live. We've gotta move on.
Speaker 2: This day is gonna be over, our relationships gonna be all, and.
Speaker 3: We will all be fine.
Speaker 1: I got two more for you, number four coming in a hot I have this one titled This is titled target parking Lot seeing in Secret. Ah, this is funny. Honestly, if this ex evert listens to this, I hope they laugh because I think it's funny.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they'll think it's funny, but I think it's funny.
Speaker 1: Anyways, at this point in time, I had been seeing this person and then not saying this person and saying this person is not saying this person saying this person's not saying this person, very very on and off, and for a point in time we were very serious.
Speaker 3: For a point in time we weren't very serious.
Speaker 1: And where it got really hard is my family knew that we weren't good together, but I thought we were, and she thought we were as well.
Speaker 3: But we weren't.
Speaker 1: And that's okay, And it's okay that we thought we were for a bit in time, but overall, at the end of the day, we just weren't and our people around us could see that, but we couldn't.
Speaker 2: And so we decided that we.
Speaker 1: Were going to see each other without anybody knowing. Where That all was was the Target to parking lot.
Speaker 3: What happens in the Target parking lot stays in the Target parking lot.
Speaker 2: Honestly, though, it was so cute.
Speaker 1: I ended up telling my my family about and my friends about it because they were.
Speaker 3: Like, why are you going to Target?
Speaker 2: Like you never go to the store, Like what is going on?
Speaker 1: I was nineteen, a young dumb still young, still dumb, torny, still horny, but I yeah, Target parking lot.
Speaker 3: It was cute.
Speaker 2: I would just text your and be like, hey, I'm at Target. I want to come.
Speaker 1: When I would like, literally not be at Target, and then she's like, I'll be there in.
Speaker 2: Ten And yeah. We just had fun.
Speaker 1: We didn't do anything bad bad in the Target parking lot, just a couple of bakeouts, had fun. I'd go into talk getting buy her something, and but yeah, it was cute.
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 2: No, nothing harmful.
Speaker 3: That's my thing.
Speaker 1: As long as you're having good, safe, cute fun, it's fine, it's not hurting anybody else, You'll be okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: The last story. I say this one for last.
Speaker 1: Because it makes me laugh because it's like the one bad thing that I did when I was a Kid's the only time I've ever snuck out of my house. And I was thinking about this, and the thing is is this is not with one of my ex girlfriends. It's with one of my ex friends and her ex boy friend.
Speaker 2: Boy fling doesn't really matter that much.
Speaker 1: And when I was like, this story is so good that I do want to include it in here because it is like, this is the type of shit that you want to hear on this podcast, I was like, you know what, for doing the five things, I'm including this in the five things. Anyways, So, Bob, it's not like twenty nineteen is before COVID, right, I think it's before COVID. It's like, oh no, no, no, okay, it's twenty twenty, but it's twenty twenty pre COVID. So it's like February twenty twenty, or like January twenty twenty. My friend and it was they actually they both were my friends, but the girl in the situation.
Speaker 3: This is a straight story. Oh god, this is.
Speaker 2: A straight story.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so one of one of my best friends and her boyfling.
Speaker 3: They were both my friends when.
Speaker 2: I was way closer to the girl than I was the boy, but I was.
Speaker 1: I loved them both, knew them both separately, and then they ended up getting together, and yeah, he wasn't taking the relationship.
Speaker 3: As seriously as she was.
Speaker 1: They were never official, but they had never talked about if they were official or not.
Speaker 3: And so, honestly, looking.
Speaker 1: Back now being older, at the time, I was sixteen, so I was like, oh man, he's so bad because that's you know, what I was hearing from her sign of things. But now that I'm older, I'm twenty, I'm like, nah, y'all didn't communicate. That's really no one's fault. Like y'all are also young and numb, like it doesn't matter that much. However, at the time, this was the most dramatic news of all of twenty twenty, if you ask sixteen year old Jojo. So anyways, she told me that he had another girlfriend. I realized that neither of them were his girlfriends. They both were just girls that he was seeing, but not girlfriends.
Speaker 2: And so long a story short, she got.
Speaker 1: Me to age his guts and rightfully so at the time, totally fine.
Speaker 3: But she had this hoodie of his.
Speaker 1: And she was like, I want to take it to his house with glitter infused, and.
Speaker 3: I want to write on it and I want.
Speaker 1: To destroy the hood of and I want to drop it off at his house and like make a run for it.
Speaker 2: And I was like, let's do it, like so down somebody. It was a blacklady.
Speaker 1: So we wrote on it with silver sharp be like thank you for nothing, love, and then like her name, and then we put glitter all like in the inside of the pockets that way, like you try to watch them in the glitter whatever. It was so stupid, like the most sixteen year old thing you could ever do.
Speaker 3: And at the time she was nineteen, I think.
Speaker 1: So we were gonna plan to take this hoodie, but we knew that we couldn't tell my mom because my mom would be like, that is a stupid idea. I do not do that, So we didn't tell her. We told my mom that we were going for ice cream. It was like nine pm on a weekday or weekend, nine pm on a twenty twenty day, and my mom was like you two are not going to get ice cream right now, and we're like, yeah, we go, We're gonna go to Sultan's Straw.
Speaker 3: I will never forget this.
Speaker 1: And at the time, I had both my cars. I had my Beamer with my face on it, my Tesla with my face on it.
Speaker 3: But because we were driving to his house.
Speaker 1: We didn't want a car with my face on it, so we took my mom's car and we essentially we snuck out. I mean, my mom knew that we were going to get ice cream. So we're driving there and my friend had told me that his house was twenty minutes away. Turns out his house was forty five to.
Speaker 3: An hour away. It was very far away. Finally we get there.
Speaker 1: She's stressed out, she's freaking out. We get there, we pulled and she's like, you have to run it out to him. And I was like, oh, I can't run it out to him. And she's like, well, I'm not doing it, and we didn't drive all this way and go do it. And I was like fine, all right.
Speaker 3: And I had known the guy, so.
Speaker 1: Like sixteen year old me like didn't really care that much, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I was like, all right, whatever, So.
Speaker 2: I go, I run.
Speaker 1: I dropped the hoody on his store. I run back into the car and we make a dart for it.
Speaker 2: We zoom off.
Speaker 1: We're driving home and because it was much further away than she said it was, the car ran out of gas. Now my mom is very good about being like, go do your thing and go have fun, but be safe. And my mom would not have cared now looking back that we drove all the way there. We had now drive to go get gas. At eleven PM, we were driving the car and it was on, oh you know when the gas is like like the gas light goes on. A different light came on that I didn't even know a car had, but it differently light came on and it was like get gas.
Speaker 3: Now, car will stop in five miles.
Speaker 1: So we had to get off. And because we were just to drop his hoodie, we didn't have money with us. Neither of us brought our cards, and so we pulled into a gas station being like, please have an Apple pay no Apple pay none. We couldn't drive to another gas station.
Speaker 2: We were like what do we do?
Speaker 1: So we scrummaged around the car. It's eleven PM at night, by the way, my mom is calling me like where the are You said you were going to get ice cream and you are not back yet, like what's going on.
Speaker 2: I was like, we are. We ran out of gas on the way home, like we'll be home shortly.
Speaker 1: And she's like, you're at a gas station right now at eleven pm at night, two girls, and I was like, we literally have.
Speaker 3: Five miles on the car, like this is crazy.
Speaker 1: And she's like, Salt Show is not that far away, like get your ass home, And so I faced her.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, we're.
Speaker 1: Really at the gas station, like I promise we'll be home a little bit. Obviously, she didn't believe me that we went to Salmon Straw.
Speaker 3: She's smarter than that.
Speaker 1: But we ended up going to the gas station and we were actually at the gas stations like Facetider called her, showed her that and then she's like, all right, whatever, hang up, And we realized that we don't have any money, right, So we're going through the car. We find one single dollar bill, one not too not a dollar, and fifty cents one dollar. So I take it up to the counter and I'm like, we just need a little bit of gas. Literally, all I can find is a dollar. Can we get a dollars worth of gas on pump number eight? And then I was like, yeah, sure, no problem. We get a dollars worth of gas. We get inside, my mom whips us both a new one. We fell asleep, and we were like, never again. Karma is an absolute bitch. But somehow that ends up being one of my funniest, most prominent memories, and that is my lesson on why to never sneak out. Honestly, if I could go back in time and fix that story, all I would do is be like, hey, Mom, we want to drive this to his house? Can you take us? And she'd be like yeah, sure, Like I don't care, you know what I mean? So I feel like, listen to be learned. If you want to do something that you know you're not mom or Dad is not going to approve of ask them. If they're not approving of it, it's because it's stupid and you don't need to do it, and they can just see through that and you can't. But if you really want to do it, be like, hey, look this is happening. We're either gonna sneak out or you're gonna take us. Odds are your parents are always gonna want to take you, or someone other than you always gonna want to take you. And we could have definitely had a waste safer night if we would have done that. But yeah, we definitely did. We definitely chose the risky route. But sometimes it's the back of life. You gotta do lessons, you gotta learn them, and we definitely sure as.
Speaker 2: Hell did that night.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 1: That is one of my favorite stories to tell. I love it when me and this friend are together so we can tell that story. Because when it's the tool of us selling it, it is just chaotic, but it is so fun. It's so funny, and uh, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I loved selling it truly.
Speaker 2: Anyways, y'all, that is.
Speaker 3: The five things for this week.
Speaker 2: That is the five things that I've done with Xes that I should have never told you, but I did.
Speaker 1: Anyways, spend the last twenty minutes of my life exposing myself. I hope you enjoyed. I hope you enjoyed the new format of my podcast. I think it's way more fun. Honestly, I feel like it gives me more purpose. If you hate it, I'm sure I'll find out on the internet. You love it, though, please let me know because positive reinforcement really can do some magical things for you. Anyways, I love y'all and I will see you guys next week on jojes.
Speaker 3: How Do This? Thank you so much for listening, everybody.
Speaker 1: Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at Jojesu Now podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to write us a review.
Speaker 3: And maybe if you're feeling to leave.
Speaker 2: Us five stars.
Speaker 3: I'll see you next week.