Speaker 1: With Jenny Garth and Tory Spelling.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, Kine Bacoy, Hello, how are you okay?
Speaker 1: Tom Miller?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Miller, flash back for us to the late nineties.
Speaker 1: Here you are.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it's been that long.
Speaker 1: I know, going back to ninety seven when you joined the show. Wow right, what did you think coming in? Where were you with it? Or wait? Wait, go back before that? Did you audition where you offered this? How'd that come about?
Speaker 4: I think I had.
Speaker 1: I was up.
Speaker 2: I had gone to see your dad actually a couple of times for Melrose Place.
Speaker 3: Ah, and they were glad we got you.
Speaker 2: Yeah that They originally told me it was for Melrose Place. And then they called me or you know, called my manager agent wherever it was at the time, and said, they don't want you for Melrose Place, but they want you for nine or two.
Speaker 4: Went out.
Speaker 2: And I had just done a show for Fox called La Firefighters not too long, not too far behind that, and Jason's girlfriend at the time was on it and he came to set. So I think that may have, you know, had some kind of influence or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe Jason put in a good word for me. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 5: But Christina Elise, yeah I had I had a follow up Valentine, Okay, yeah, I had a follow up meeting with people at nine o two and oh and I got it.
Speaker 4: So they just they wanted to test my if.
Speaker 6: I had any chemistry chemistry with I guess with Tiffany and did you I guess.
Speaker 2: So I remember going to that meeting and that was it was kind of a hot day and a like a like a leather jacket, like a light leather blazer on.
Speaker 4: And I was sweating bullets.
Speaker 2: And whenever I go into a meeting, or whenever I used to go to auditions for that matter, I went sweat, like a yeah, and I could I could just feel my armpits drenching during that meeting. But yes, it turned out good. And I don't know, Like a week or two later, I was on the set.
Speaker 1: Did you know you were going to do seven episodes?
Speaker 4: I didn't know right off the bat.
Speaker 2: I think I found out like a couple of days later my manager told me how many episodes?
Speaker 4: Was it seven or eight? I don't even remember how many.
Speaker 2: Episodes episodes it was? But no, I didn't and it was I had. I had a great time.
Speaker 4: It was a blast.
Speaker 2: The first day was kind of nerve wracking, you know, it's like the new kid in school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but uh.
Speaker 2: And then you know, trying to figure out who's you know, who's nice, who is it? But everyone was nice, So that's what I found surprising. Everyone was very nice, all you guys.
Speaker 1: Some of else wouldn't be nice when you never know.
Speaker 2: When you go on a TV show, you know, there's like you knows as a guest or whatever. There's always I noticed some politics going on, and you know, especially when when when it's a show where everyone's been working on together for so long, there's always some kind of oh, don't don't listen to him or don't listen to her. I've worked on some TV shows that I like that, but I didn't find any of that on Your Guys' show. Everybody was super friendly. Everybody was hanging out with each other, so that was refreshing. It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a well established group by then, so I can't understand how it would have been like, Okay, let me figure my place out here exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's like it's like being a new kid and you know at school, So it was just kind of a nerve wracking day the first day for me anyway.
Speaker 6: I'm sure, but after that it gets you know, that went away and everyone was so nice and welcoming, so I didn't have any problems.
Speaker 4: I felt comfortable right away.
Speaker 1: Did you hang with the boys mostly? Do you feel like at first I.
Speaker 4: Became friendly with Jason?
Speaker 2: I remember this, Yeah, and and and Tiffany and we actually went out to dinner with you.
Speaker 4: A couple of times. Jenny. I think we all went out to dinner a couple of times. That was fun.
Speaker 1: Where do we go? I'm so bad? Was it like the three of you or her boyfriend Peter?
Speaker 4: Memory it was her boy Yeah, it was uh. I think it was our fiance at the time.
Speaker 1: Jen. Did I remember this rate? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So last week I was like, oh my gosh, I had some memory of came you and Tiffany and Jenny and Peter going to dinner?
Speaker 1: And I did know why? But I had a memory of that. Why did you have a memory of it and I didn't? Is the thing? You weren't even there because I heard all about it, I guess so, But did you hear fill me in. Were you single at the time.
Speaker 4: No, I had a girlfriend at the time, and she came along as well.
Speaker 1: Oh the plot dickens. Wait it was a five seater dinner.
Speaker 4: I believe. So yeah, oh my god, what about me? I don't know. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: You weren't invited.
Speaker 4: We did do something with you, though, Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: This is a terrible thing. None of us remember I know, how many years has it been? Oh, only like thirty something, three or five or no? Ay, oh thirty yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, it doesn't seem like been thirty something years.
Speaker 3: My god, wow, I just I just remember you from my memory. You and Tiffany had really electric chemistry on camera.
Speaker 4: It's hard for me to be objective.
Speaker 3: Because Jen and I just found out that Tom Miller goes on to date Kelly Taylor, and neither of us remembered.
Speaker 4: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah you So we had a fan moment where we're like what, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 6: I was the the guy who dated Jenny and Lucky Man.
Speaker 1: Wow that happened. That seems to happen. I think there's a pattern there.
Speaker 4: I guess they, you know, try to recycle some storylines.
Speaker 1: I guess make those love triangles where exactly, but it was do you remember your character getting booking the Welsh singer Donna Lewis to perform at the peach Pit after dark? Apparently you you guys were like there was something there history.
Speaker 2: I remember that having to say that line, which is like one of the most awkward lines expositional lines that you could say on TV.
Speaker 1: What the one about when you used to go to Grandma and Grandpa's or whatever? Yeah, we used to go.
Speaker 4: I mean we bactically grew grew up together, went to different schools together.
Speaker 2: And it was like one of those kind of sentences that no one says in real life, you know.
Speaker 1: But just like you had to lay the foundation.
Speaker 3: You were the new kids, so you could be like, hey, can I change the wording to kind of exe right, like how twenty something year old would talk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And it was just really awkward. But I remember having to spit it out and say it. But I guess it worked out well. That and the that was an awkward moment for me. And then the ice skating episode was really.
Speaker 1: What wait, you go ice skating? You remember not there yet? We've just seen the episode where Donal Lewis sings, I love you always for and you're moving in with David.
Speaker 4: Oh is that what happened? I moved him? Oh that's right.
Speaker 3: You're about you or which is odd And you guys are at odds, you and David.
Speaker 6: But then we apologizes and Batman and Robin after that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are going to get chummy. That's exciting. And apparently go ice skating. I don't know if you go ice skating with love number one Valerie or Lover number two.
Speaker 6: We played hockey me and Jason against each other, okay, and I didn't know how to ice skate.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and he's like and and and and forwards.
Speaker 6: So they had we had be We were like as a cereal no, but they had. They needed me to skate backwards, and I couldn't skate backwards, so they made some makeshift ice dolly and I had a fake that I was and I had a you know, the cameras in front of me, so I had it like, you know, pretend that I was ice skating back.
Speaker 4: They were just moving way. Wait wait, it's really weird.
Speaker 3: Everything you were saying is lining up for them to like, make you.
Speaker 1: A new series regular. Yeah, you're great cozy with Brandon. Uh huh, Kelly, Apparently, I don't know what happened. They must have liked you. Was there ever talked? Did you hear of this?
Speaker 4: Uh no No.
Speaker 2: I just remember them saying to me that they really liked what they saw. And I remember getting a note from one of the producers was a lady, what was her name anyway.
Speaker 4: She said, Jessica, Jessica, I love what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I want you to smile a little more, because we know you're a guy from the wrong side of the tracks.
Speaker 4: We'd like you to smile a little more.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, oh really see I like you were like we liked the routing, Like yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I didn't mean to. I mean, I just did what was written.
Speaker 3: I guess I likened you to James Dean before that Jen you did she did in the first episode I'm gonna go on record. I was like, obviously I remember you and you were great, but like watching it back now as an adult, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, hmm, I'm not sure about Tom Miller. I don't know.
Speaker 3: And then this episode I was like, oh, I'm on board, Like you were just like, yeah, that like brooding character.
Speaker 1: That was like dare I say?
Speaker 3: And you can't compare anybody, but like they lost the Dylan McKay character right for now, and Tom Miller seems to kind of fit that bill a bad boy vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was not that guy you me in like I r L. You weren't that guy.
Speaker 4: No, I'm I'm you know, I'm a clown.
Speaker 1: Really, that's probably why we love you so much because you didn't take yourself seriously.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't take myself seriously. I can't even look at myself on film too. If I'm ever on TV, it's like nails on the chalkboard for me. That listening to my voice.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I think we need to work on that, Kane. I'm not a therapist, but you need to love yourself a little.
Speaker 3: I'm of specializing you right now. And you're like one of the girls. Like you're sitting in a set chair and all the girls are like in gossiping and hanging out and you were just being funny and like you did. You got along with the guys, you got along with the girls.
Speaker 1: You were one of us.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys feel very welcome. I would have loved to actually.
Speaker 1: But happened with you and Kelly. We can't spoil it? No, you can't tell me. Oh man, Oh.
Speaker 4: So you guys don't know what happened?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: Are you still watching it?
Speaker 1: We're watching it from the very beginning. We never watched the whole thing through episode every week kind of a thing. So that's what we're doing already on season seven. But we neither of us know what the heck is gonna happen in season seven. She usually knows, Tori, I usually know.
Speaker 3: In season seven, I'm kind of like we were talking about this. We're both like, hey, you know, John was like, what was happening to your personal life that you weren't like focused on everybody else's.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I must have been dating somebody, Like I don't know because I always remember.
Speaker 6: I think you were going out with the other guy in the show, David. Was it David the guy who's playing your boyfriend on the.
Speaker 1: Show, Ryan or Vincent? Was Vincent's not on yet? Not on?
Speaker 4: Was it Vincent?
Speaker 1: When does he come? She was dating somebody?
Speaker 3: Wait, we're Brian and I having a moment we were like, eh, we like each other again, like we always were, like on and off, on and off.
Speaker 1: Dude, maybe you were dating your stalker off camera?
Speaker 4: You were, i know, talking talking about stalker is the what was his name?
Speaker 6: Who was an actor who I'd known years.
Speaker 1: Before this, Trevor Edmund, Trevor Trevor Edmund.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's when he started around the same time, and he was like your stalker or something on the show, right or not?
Speaker 1: You just ruined it for jin.
Speaker 4: What episode are you on.
Speaker 1: Trevor Edmund? Which character sy? I'm gonna look it up for Ramon because I can't say nothing.
Speaker 4: I won't say anything.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, so you knew Trevor for years?
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me more about that, because I suddenly have a personal fascination with that.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Well, I've known him from the scene, you know, auditioning together for other stuff or the TV shows. I've known him for gosh since teen eighty seven eighty eight, both of us are screen testing together for Outsider's a TV show.
Speaker 1: Wait, did you ever go to Alfie Soda pop Clubs?
Speaker 4: Wow? What's that?
Speaker 1: It was like a teen club started with like oh no.
Speaker 3: And like all actors in their like teens in early twenties like hung out and oh.
Speaker 4: No, never went there? Missed that one.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I don't know what she's talking about either, Kine, don't feel bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah I missed that one.
Speaker 1: Sorry, okay, just I don't think we were cool enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wasn't allowed in that group.
Speaker 3: Wait so you yeah, okay, when my stalker's revealed Tom stays on past this correct?
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, but to be clear, you never dated Tiffany Theason in real life? Oh no, no, good okay, because we were confused. Oh no, we I say, we are really talking about her, but don't say date.
Speaker 4: No, we never were never an We were just very very friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had good chemistry, did we That's nice. I feel like there might have been talk on set that you guys were like cooking.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not at all. Oh yeez, not at all.
Speaker 1: Well, we're getting it from the what's that the source here? The sources nails?
Speaker 3: No, No, you know, maybe it wasn't that. You guys all like had a lot in common, we had fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all wrong.
Speaker 3: I'm just jealous because during that time period, I feel like Jen and Tiffany hung out a lot. Kathleen and I hung out a lot, and so were.
Speaker 4: You guys not all friends at that time?
Speaker 3: No, we were all friends, always consistently friends. But you know there's like moments in life when like there were times when, like Jet, it was just me and Jen all the time, and then there were times you know.
Speaker 4: It's like high school.
Speaker 1: Uh exactly.
Speaker 3: Hello, Yeah, that's why we were traumatized for life.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wait, I need to know what's happening in your life now, Kane.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm currently at work.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I have a my wife and I.
Speaker 2: Have a meal delivery service company called Zen Foods.
Speaker 4: And actually, Torri, your mom was a client.
Speaker 1: Oh I was like, I think I tried it.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think you were a client too. Actually, for wait.
Speaker 1: Eat you ate food called Zen Foods.
Speaker 4: This isn't It's called zero effort nutrition.
Speaker 2: We do a lot of people trying to lose weight, people are trying to gain weight, people just wanting healthy and we make the food fresh daily, we deliver it daily to their homes. Where are you based, La, Yes, we're in We have a facility in Sun Valley, Okay, and we've about anywhere between three hundred and four hundred clients daily.
Speaker 1: We've opened down Oh my god, that's a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And we make everything fresh breakfast as lunches, dinners, snacks, desserts and everything all calorie controlled, portion control is good.
Speaker 1: Really tasty. Yes, because I've tried a lot of them. You've got good yell perviews, we have great Yep. That's all the matter, I know exactly.
Speaker 3: Also, I went to my mom's house and she had started with you guys, and you know back in the day like the og one which we won't speak of, like, you know whatever, and she was like, oh.
Speaker 1: My god, this new one, like it's really good. And I tasted it. I was like, that's really good, and then I signed up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think you use how long ago was that.
Speaker 1: Wasn't oh my god, like ten years ago?
Speaker 4: Ten years you know?
Speaker 1: Maybe not? No, wait, I need to see him in you. I'm going to look it up. I'm going to go out. It's so do do vegan options.
Speaker 4: You know, we have a vegetarian option. Vegetarian, I mean we could do vegan.
Speaker 1: It's not a huge market for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, in such a pain in the butt.
Speaker 1: That's shocking to me that you're in LA based food company like that, and that you have a limited vegan.
Speaker 4: Well, we have some vegan choices.
Speaker 6: We can do custom vegan, but you know, it's it's so hard to appease everyone.
Speaker 1: It's really hard to appease me. So just don't even try.
Speaker 4: No, it's because you know, we balance our meals. We follow the zone method of forty thirty thirty. But so it's hard to come up with enough protein to do vegan.
Speaker 1: She likes beans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of beans.
Speaker 1: I think that's a real misconception. Honestly. I know you know what you're doing in your industry, but like I get a lot of protein and I don't eat meat or I'm just talking.
Speaker 2: About I'm just talking about for myself. I mean, I can't imagine being vegan. Yeah, I can't imagine being vegan. And we just there's not that much demand for vegan and l I believe.
Speaker 4: It or not.
Speaker 1: Wow, No, where is there a demand for vegans.
Speaker 4: Then we do vegetarian.
Speaker 2: We do really good vegetarian, but just you know, it's hard, and we can do we do vegan for some custom clients.
Speaker 4: By the way, we.
Speaker 1: Should stop saying vegan, we should start saying plant based because people hate the word vegan. It turns people off instantly.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of plant based dishes. I mean we do that, but pure vegan.
Speaker 2: No, it's kind of We don't offer an exclusive plant for that. Sorry, that's okay, but.
Speaker 4: We'll do it for you.
Speaker 1: No, oh no, No, she's just pissed that you chose Valerie over her thirty years ago.
Speaker 2: I think I ended up with Jenny by the way. Really, yeah, but I don't want to spoil it.
Speaker 4: I know spoilers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. Oh my gosh, I'm so excited now because that's gonna make trouble.
Speaker 3: I think it goes back and forth. Oh my gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And then I end up with with Jason.
Speaker 1: Yes, a twist. I like me. Sorry, she just likes when I say that. I've said that.
Speaker 4: I don't think your dad wanted that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can be with a bad boy.
Speaker 4: Exactly what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I'm SWI rape cruid. He pushed me down the stairs. Oh he was a bad boy. Wait. How did you get into the food industry sixteen years ago?
Speaker 4: God, more than sixteen years. Well, we've had this business about.
Speaker 2: Almost fifteen years, and then we had another company before they called Fresh Dining. My wife had come out I met her in La like nineteen nineteen ninety nine, actually two thousand.
Speaker 4: She came out here to open the Zone Diet from New York.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And when they closed, we were like both. You know, acting was really going nowhere for me. So I said, why don't we start our own business. You know how to do it. Let's get money and make our own So we did that. We were a mutual friend of ours.
Speaker 2: We got some investors and we got some money and we opened our first company, and then we sold that company, and about a year and.
Speaker 4: Half later we started this one.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, and the rest is history.
Speaker 4: We've been here about almost fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Do you still love it?
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean it's nice to have your own business, but it's very stressful.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, the fires didn't help us this year, but you know we're surviving. We're doing okay. It's just you know, you got to ride the roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, small business, it's tough.
Speaker 4: Sounds like acting, Yeah, but with this you got to go to the office every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't sleep in It's not as fun as hanging out on set exactly. Carol talking and hanging out with the guys. Yeah, exactly, job.
Speaker 2: Exactly, but it beats working for someone else, and it beats being, you know, unemployed.
Speaker 1: Did you and your wife have kids?
Speaker 2: No, okay, we decided against it. We helped raise my niece and nephew, and I thought that was the Yeah, that was it for me.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could deal with having kids, especially in today's age. I see some of the things that kids are doing these days, and I go, my god, thank god I didn't have kids.
Speaker 1: That's why you look so young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell us about it. Oh my gosh, you guys have kids, eat between us?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Wow? Yeah, who would have thought?
Speaker 1: Who would have thought?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Mysh insane? Right, Yeah, but that's what happens with time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, well, the years have been good to you. To you ladies, you look great. I mean you have an aged one bit.
Speaker 1: Wow, you'd be very kind. I think I probably have a PHO.
Speaker 4: Know. You guys look amazing.
Speaker 1: He's getting close up. I feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: Now get back it up, both of you.
Speaker 1: That's nice of you. Gain thank you. Well, we're just so happy to reconnect with you and just see your face, I know, and you're so chill. I love your vibe right tour. He's just yes, yeah, you're the same guy. Are you still goofy like you say you were?
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 4: I am when I'm not at work.
Speaker 1: Oh right now, he's like boss man. Yeah okay, but it's just us.
Speaker 4: It's we have like thirty six employees.
Speaker 1: Wow, goodness, that's stressful.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a large kitchen, you know, and a cold room and a plaiting.
Speaker 1: Room, delivery system.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a lot of logito parts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what area do you do you work from?
Speaker 2: We have a facility in sun Valley. It's like right actually across the street from Jayleno's garage. Actually, it's like I'm the borderline of Burbank and sun Valley.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're just down the road. I have two kids who need jobs. Do you do you want more? More employees?
Speaker 2: Will be like for a salesperson sales okay, customer service, oh like in house, like on the phone exactly.
Speaker 1: They don't have to go out and like, oh I can do that, yay.
Speaker 4: I think that would be a great r thing for us if we hired you, right.
Speaker 1: Imagine, Oh my god. Well, it seems like you're doing really well.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Love your choice to not have kids, because that's that's that's a difficult choice to like make peace with and be really upfront about, and that's you know, it shouldn't be. But a lot of people are like, what, you know, kids, he has thirty six kids. Oh god, thirty six employees that you said, yeah, exactly. Yeah, my husband. My husband runs a business and his employe. Sometimes he's like, I feel like these are my kids.
Speaker 4: It's it's a big responsibility.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like having kids, Like the business is one big kid, and then all the employees their kids, and you know, this one's a vacation, this one's sick, this one's going to hospital, this one's fighting with this one.
Speaker 1: This one's dog sick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's it's always some kind of drama. But it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. Well, everyone can go to zenfoods dot com and.
Speaker 3: Personal like here endorsement saying endorsement, I tried it and really really tasty, because sometimes you know, they're not all not all.
Speaker 4: We get an amazing chef, so really really good, So try our food out.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is only for people in Los Angeles and San Diego and Santa Barbara areas.
Speaker 4: So okay, if it's out of state, we don't deliver that far.
Speaker 1: Oh too bad for you. I just started again. I was really healthy when I was on it.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm were you you still look Elfee?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, she'll take it.
Speaker 4: Sure, it's great.
Speaker 1: It's just been a pleasure seeing my pleasure.
Speaker 4: Lad Thank you for having me, Thanks.
Speaker 1: For taking time from work.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 4: We love you. Bye, Thank you, ladies.
Speaker 1: Bye.