Speaker 1: Hey, wisecrack, it's your host and producer Jody. A lot of curious listeners have been reaching out to me and asking for a chance to ask questions to Ed. He's pretty responsive on Instagram, so feel free to shoot your shot. Give it a try.
Speaker 2: But in the.
Speaker 1: Meantime, we have two live Q and A sessions with audiences after Ed performed his set. We recorded one in Atlanta and one in Denver from Crime Con twenty twenty five. So perhaps some of these questions that are being asked today are the burning ones that you may have as well. Enjoy this bonus Q and A episode and as always, thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: Fronce a.
Speaker 4: Thank you in Edinburgh.
Speaker 5: When I did the show, there were like a lot of questions and I had to come up with like a tenplay email to people and I know that, Yeah, it was like it was like if you want to know something and you don't want to just sit there and be like what happened and what about this?
Speaker 4: I don't understand this.
Speaker 5: So what we're gonna do is we're gonna throw open the question. If you don't have We're gonna do a question on answers. Basically, if you don't have a question. If it goes silent and no one's got a question, why not, I don't care, right, I don't care.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get drunk. I've done it.
Speaker 5: Now, you've got your thing by h But we're going to do a question and answer and if you've got anything you want to ask it all, please speak.
Speaker 4: There'll be a microphone coming around.
Speaker 5: I'm want to invite Jodie back to the stage because she's like my brains this week, so to do a part.
Speaker 4: Who's got a question?
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's a lot of thoughts.
Speaker 6: Okay, so how did your parents know that, like danger was afoot when there was knocking?
Speaker 5: So I think the answer that really is when the banging started. When my dad was at the front window, he looked down and he saw who was outside. And I don't want to go into a lot of gruesome detail, but if you stab two people that many times with seven different knives, you don't look clean. And that's what my dad saw. But yeah, I think that's it. It's just very apparent. So yeah, thanks for the question, thank you.
Speaker 7: What business is your mom working in now?
Speaker 4: What business is my mum working in? Now? She's an exotic game dealer.
Speaker 8: Did you imagine that would be a well good show, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Mom's got a tiger. No, she's lost her arm.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: Mom manages a little shop in near our village. She sells like postcards and stuff. She loves it.
Speaker 4: She still plays. She still plays Farmville actually.
Speaker 5: Fun fact, and now how along we've got time to go into something cool. My dad went mad because my mom spent like two grand of human real money on Farmville.
Speaker 6: Corn.
Speaker 4: I was like, what have you done?
Speaker 5: And she was like, my flowers were dry? And you've spoken to Carol, haven't you, Jody?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Carol's a real one.
Speaker 4: Did the windows come with some kind of insurance plan? They did?
Speaker 5: They did, And you know what, the windows did very well. But the thing about the Titan seventeen was they were so thick they didn't let light in or out, so it was.
Speaker 4: Just another wall. Like my dad basically put up some gray wall and was.
Speaker 10: Like, banging, nailed it, well done, John.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you so much for coming to Atlanta.
Speaker 11: Also, does anyone know what happened to your dad's fingers?
Speaker 4: Where are we at with?
Speaker 11: All? Right?
Speaker 5: It's grewsome When he was like fourteen he was working on a sawmill that his father used to force him to work on didn't get to go to school. He turned off a saw and his like some kind of like bracy thing got caught in the sill as this big sword like massive saws.
Speaker 4: The saw was slowing down and his brace got caught in it.
Speaker 5: So my dad put his hand in to take the brace out, and the teeth didn't cut. They dug into the knuckles and ripped his tendons and stuff out of his arm, and then when he went to.
Speaker 4: Put his other hand in, it just clucks. The knuckle clucked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I clugged the knuckle off and yeah, so it cut. But he was really lucky because the like one of the leading surgeons in Europe was in Harlow Hospital, which is quite near us, and my uncle had to use garden cables to tornique both his arms drive him to the hospital.
Speaker 4: And what they did was they.
Speaker 5: I heard some yet, yeah, it's not gonna be a nice cut in your fingers off story. So he lost all of these fingers. The saw went down there and then up, so it split his hand. But they attached these three fingers back on. This is gone and they used the knuckles of the cut off fingers and they implanted them in this thing. So now his hand kind of looks like that. This here is like a knuckle that's gone. And on this hand here, this finger is just like such a neat cut, like this is messed up. And then this one's just like, oh, I'm gone, it's really weirding like that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 11: I have two questions, sure, okay, first one being I know that she saw you at a set and that was kind of like the introduction. Correct, So what was your first reaction to a podcast kind of like the idea of it coming to you, and like, how do you react to that?
Speaker 4: I loved the idea. I thought it was a great idea. I think.
Speaker 5: Podcasts are really awesome ways to tell stories at the moment and it lets listeners follow along. And this is a story where people are gonna want to deep dive. This hour show is fine, but other people aren't going to get a Q and a section. And when we dig deeper into that, I know there's things about this case that I don't know that you do know, which kills me every day, and like occasionally it's Joji will smile at me and I'll be like, what is it? Is it mafia? But yeah, I think I think podcasting is a really really exciting thing to do. And I'm a bit of a plug, but I'm really happy with doing it with Tenderfoot because there's been nothing but awesome to us and supportive and giving us great guidance, and Jody and Charles have been wonderful. So I'm extremely lucky to be doing it.
Speaker 11: So yeah, So okay, My second question is if you still keep in contact with your cousin Jasper.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jasper. Jasper got all his money taken off him by someone like like rinsed, right, and then he moved to Peru like he's Paddington and.
Speaker 4: And that is it. That's all our family know.
Speaker 5: Like people at family weddings will be like, oh, Jasper improved, And I'm like, can we look into that somehow, because how do you lose all your money and be like on a plane. I need to be on a plane, right, But yeah, he got scammed, he got rinsed, and now I think he's maybe.
Speaker 4: Teaches yoga or something. It's weird.
Speaker 5: I would like to that's the next podcast, like Finding Jasper and he's still wearing that suit, but he's grown like the whole.
Speaker 4: Good question. Hi there, thank you for such a great set. English. I am, yes, yeah, we're from bud Where are you from? Uh near Birmingham, Tamworth near Birmingham. Sorry here man, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, my parents beat the accent out of us. But my question was, so, this is your premiere in the US. Do you have to go did you have to go and figure out because obviously there's a lot of terminology and a lot of things specific to the US that you asked you have to go back through your set and figure out exactly how you're gonna change that for this and how do you go back.
Speaker 4: That's a good question, man, that's a really good question. Thanks for asking it.
Speaker 5: I called windows double glazing last night and I got stared down right.
Speaker 4: The people just looked at me and were like, oh, he's had a stroke. It was weird. Dodgems, bumper cars, that little thing.
Speaker 5: I said, that's that's because I said Dodgems to you and you were like, what what know?
Speaker 4: Also, I've been calling jerky bag mate.
Speaker 10: That's because it's me that's in a bag, Like come on, you don't jerk it.
Speaker 4: You don't jerk it you put it in a bag. Thanks your question, dude. Thank you.
Speaker 7: When you did your set in the Village, did you do any material that was sort of bio autobiographical about that time in your life that maybe set off or in any that's something that you think about.
Speaker 5: So that is a phenomenal question, sir. And whether he was in the gig or not is something I've never considered. I don't think he was. My my my my my thoughts is is that I wouldn't have really done. So my normal stand up set isn't this. But no, I wouldn't have said anything that like majorly pissed them off. Although I do have jokes about getting bullied and stuff and being overweight and that little bit about the village of the kids in the village. I've now done that in other places, so it's kind of that theme. But I'm not really the most like abrasive comedian in the world, am.
Speaker 13: I Thank you for sharing. As someone from a small town, is there things like looking back now as an adult in dealing with you know, sort of this story and everything, Are there things that you look back and like there was traumatic as a child, but now you're like that was actually kind of funny, or there were funny characters in my village for that sort of thing. Are there things that like sort of inspire you now from looking back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one percent. Yeah, it does all change with time.
Speaker 5: I think at them at the point it happens, it's super try and I think this is kind of universal. But when you look back on it, it's not as bad as it's not that. It's more that I can look at it through a different lens of being really happy having friends now. But another thing I should say is that when it was all happening to me, I was the happiest kid in the world. Like it wasn't like I was this depressed kid walking around getting bullied.
Speaker 4: I was super happy.
Speaker 5: It just became a normality in my life that I was getting bullied.
Speaker 4: I wasn't super smart.
Speaker 5: That's why you know this stuff is weird is because up until I was probably about eighteen, you lot and doing this was alien to me because I didn't think I would ever talk in front of people.
Speaker 4: This was my idea of how I missed out a lot of school.
Speaker 5: I couldn't read or write until I was like thirteen, So being a writer writing a show that stuff mad, But yeah, I was a happy kid and I look back on it and it was it was a childhood I think.
Speaker 4: Just sorry, it's a bit long winded.
Speaker 5: I've spoken to a lot of people about this, and a lot of people are like, oh, my childhood was X, my childhood was why. I think all childhoods, to a different degree fucked right. Like we're tiny people being forced to live with emotionally unstable parents, and we're like, why didn't it look like the movies? Because it doesn't. It just doesn't everything. We're all just screaming towards oblivion.
Speaker 4: Let's just tell. But also, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I think if you if you are it's a bit corny, But if you're happy with who you are now and you're happy with the progres you're making, and the things that happened to you before you got to where you are were necessary to create the person you are, That's where I'm at.
Speaker 4: M Joda, how did this find of start?
Speaker 3: And obviously you saw a great set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw a great set, did a little research called ed. It has been really hard getting people to open up to me. For all the producer people in here, it's been a challenge getting people to respond because everybody's so lovely, but they also do not want to talk about this for obvious reasons. It's a small town. And now, I mean, has anything like this ever happened in your town before?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, it's unique, yeah, completely unique.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, thank you both for making that. Thank you, thanks man.
Speaker 5: And also I should probably say, is it worth mentioning that we've got.
Speaker 4: Pete?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh absolutely so just so you guys know that.
Speaker 1: Surviving Biological Fire is on board with our podcast, and one of it.
Speaker 2: Was really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Actually he's he's kind of cut from the same cloth as as John Ed's dad, but after all this has happened to him, he was just like, listen, my therapist said that I need to talk about this, and it helps me talk about it when I talk to you. And so he's collaborating with us. So we have the permission of the Shurviving family, and I think it's really cool. I mean, he's you wouldn't normally be that kind of guy that you would expect to be like, yeah, I want to talk to it about a stranger, random American stranger.
Speaker 2: So and he's been.
Speaker 14: Super cooperative and super collaborative yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, we get the ones back here, We'll come back to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Rouayne, how did you live? How do I get your mom's diapills?
Speaker 5: It wasn't, No, it was I was about to make a drug stoke, but I don't think this is the room to do it was not It was not the dia pills. It was literally carry deficit jogging and I drank goat's blood so.
Speaker 4: I did it all. No, but yeah, just jogging. My sorry. It's not a good answer, is it.
Speaker 5: People people always want to be like the people ask that question. They want you to be like there's a rock, oh mate, But people really want there to be a thing. They want you to be like there's a rock in Scotland. Whisper your secrets into it and you'll get thin.
Speaker 15: Nah.
Speaker 4: I was like literally every day listening to Beyonce hitting the.
Speaker 5: Ground and I ate a lot of kale.
Speaker 4: Was it worth it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 4: I should have just stayed chunky. I was happier then in the back and that was really funny. Thanks a great story, cheers. One of my favorite things is like British slang first American. Oh yeah, was it really.
Speaker 3: Called dodge em?
Speaker 16: Ye?
Speaker 4: Called dodge. Is there any more anymore? Who wanted? You get.
Speaker 13: What I love?
Speaker 4: We talk it?
Speaker 5: Okay, so it's a nuts fan is so good. We had it three days in a row, didn't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna put it in his coffee tomorrow.
Speaker 5: And then on the fourth day you were like, maybe we shouldn't keep eating case of it? And I was like, what, so dodgems have I said anything? Oh, I haven't got any like fair ground things, soffare aren't as good as you, good as yours. But I haven't been in a word for some stuff over here. I've learned some words the sugars. I find delightful way to someone having the sugars instead of diabetes.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh.
Speaker 5: My gosh, you guys kind of had to fund that one up because there's a bit of a thing going around, but like, yeah, And I called my mom and I was like, you never guess what they call it, like diabetes?
Speaker 4: And what I was like, they call it the sugars.
Speaker 5: And my mom like paust for a second, she was like, all your aunties have the sugars.
Speaker 4: Like it's been nothing but fun though.
Speaker 16: Right, I've had the pleasure of actually hearing your story before ed and I just want you to know, no way.
Speaker 4: We're watching you where where were where in.
Speaker 16: Audio format a while ago. I just want you to watching you perform it in person is incredible.
Speaker 4: It's moving.
Speaker 16: It was amazing and just on behalf of everybody here.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thanks, thank you very much. That's a lovely thing to say. Oh that's coolzy, thank you.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 5: I was normally a walk off at this point, but I know what you animals are like, You've got questions. So we're going to do a Q and A please if you wouldn't mind, could you welcome back to the stage. Is Jody today, Vince and j D.
Speaker 3: All Right, ram Con what show?
Speaker 4: Let me show?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm going to kick this off.
Speaker 17: You know, this is the second time I've seen the show, and I was moved each time. But my background, I'm a homicide detective.
Speaker 3: So you know, the.
Speaker 17: Only person that survived this massacre was Brett, so my mind goes straight to the crime scene.
Speaker 3: I want to hear some details what that was. Brett was the only one that walked away from that A lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, I think you know what's interesting here is that I think as Americans were all very familiar with gun crime, which is very fast and quick. This was not that situation at all that night in July.
Speaker 2: It was protracted.
Speaker 1: Across three hours, and Jillian and David were obviously killed.
Speaker 15: They were.
Speaker 1: It was terrible because they only used they were only using kitchen knives, that's what Brett used. So there were seven knives recovered from the crime scene. Most of the blades have fallen off. I mean, they were like steak knives, what you've used in your house. And it was essentially protracted torture across three hours.
Speaker 2: They both had been drinking. It was a very bloody scene as well.
Speaker 1: Then they're blood, so there was blood upstairs and downstairs. One of the things that the one of the Cornish.
Speaker 2: Reports was very interesting.
Speaker 1: They had found gashes on the inside of Gillian's hand which were used as defense rooms to stop the stabbings. So we you know, it was particularly slow and protracted, and I'm sure as a detective you're sitting there thinking all of the possibilities of what happened. I think that something to note is that one thing that we explore in the podcast, and I hope that you guys will listen, is how what a close call. It was, and I think you heard Ed say that that.
Speaker 2: They live next door to each other. I guess not right next door to each other, like.
Speaker 4: A couple of doors. Maybe I can see his house from mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a common space that they share, like a green between their houses. And Brett was picked up in that space, in the alley between Brett and Ed's home.
Speaker 2: But it was such a close call.
Speaker 1: Brett called nine to ninety nine, which is emergency services in England on himself twice.
Speaker 2: The first call was dropped.
Speaker 1: The second call made it through. He hung up the phone and it was outside. He called because he couldn't get a signal, and in that small window of time is the moment that Ed came back home from the gig.
Speaker 2: It was a very close call.
Speaker 1: So I think that's certainly something to note and things that we talk about in the podcast, but just a couple of things for I think the super fans to note. There's a lot of very interesting things. And I again, as a good producer, we only operate in facts here. So at the crime scene there were also two hundred and twenty pounds in twenty pound notes that were found in the garbage can. A pair of women's animal print underwear, and at some time across those three hours, Brett had written a note of sorts and the words I love and much were written over and over again on a piece of paper and then torn into a hundred pieces. Those were then reassembled and used in the trial.
Speaker 2: So there were a lot of.
Speaker 1: Very interesting, strange things. But you're right, it happened in four walls, and Brett's the only one that knows what happened.
Speaker 18: So Jody, as a social worker, I'm very interested in Brent's mental state when he interacts with law enforcement outside of his home. What is his mental state and does he immediately confess to this crime?
Speaker 1: You know what's really interesting after so law enforcement, they were the first person, a single officer actually found them right in the alley between Edinburgh's home. He was found laughing in the alley. This was right around midnight. Even though he had changed, he was still covered in blood because it was such a bloody crime scene.
Speaker 2: He just couldn't get away from it.
Speaker 1: He had a plastic carrier bag that he was holding like a grocery bag, which ended up being a part of his alibi.
Speaker 2: But he never said a thing.
Speaker 1: He basically went mute the moment the police picked him up, and then the only time that he spoke was during his trial.
Speaker 2: Which he pled not guilty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard, you know, it's always hard to speculate on mental state.
Speaker 2: Covered in blood, laughing, holding a shopping.
Speaker 1: Bag, he asked to go to McDonald's as well on the way to the police station. I think you can kind of get a general sense of where he was emotionally at that point.
Speaker 17: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, that's so, you know, looking at this thing from the outside and as a detective, it's amazing. I have a million questions going through my head, like I want to ask I add some questions, But you know, one of the things that is compelling to me is, and I'm not sure in England if this is necessary for successful prosecution, and some states don't require this, year is the why so the state that I come from, Uh, we don't have to prove motive, but as a detective, motive helps you understand what happened and helps you properly investigate the case.
Speaker 3: So I'm really interested to.
Speaker 17: Understand through the trial what may have come surfaced at explain what his motivation was.
Speaker 1: It was interesting, So one of the things that they the prosecution tried to do or so excuse me, the defense is that they would do a medical examination. There were lots of opportunities for him to be declared essentially insane. They were unable to prove that he was insane or mentally incapacitated during the time that he committed the murders. So that's just something I think that was kind of fascinating. And the only time that he ever spoke during that trial was to say that he was out at the shops, he came back and he came upon the crime scene, rather than having been what the truth was that he committed those acts. The trials nuts he popped off in court at some point he started to attack violently the dock officers that had to restrain him.
Speaker 2: His dad had to jump up and help.
Speaker 1: So I guess he spoke twice, his outburst and then his defense. But after that it was a very short trial. It was less than two weeks, and I think the jury delivered the verdict within one day, and which of course was guilty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 17: So, Jimmie, this like in your field as a not a health professional, like you know, were there signs before this, like obviously he was a bully. You know, that's a sign it experienced that to his childhood. What other science could have been present that people may have picked up on, Well.
Speaker 18: There's so many signs. And working on Wisecrack, I also realized how different the systems are compared to the United States. And I think that there were times when they did try to declare him mentally, you know, incopacitated or not able to stand trial, but the fact that that never happened, and then he then attacked someone at trial says we don't know much about his family situation. You've got to listen to the podcast little Plug there there's a lot of great information. The team dug deep into all the records from the family to the criminal justice, and I think that that will tell you a lot of the information that you want to know. But the reality is there's a lot of things that we don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a very well put, very well put.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ques, just some questions going here from you guys.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 19: I had a question over here, so I guess, as Jamie had mentioned, you know, seeing the differences between what I guess, how mental health is viewed or taken care of. There, I was just curious ed what have you done for yourself regarding this trauma? And you know when you said that you just went back to sleep. I think it was just that adrenaline just kind of your body just shut down. I was just curious what you've done for yourself to take care of your mental with everything that's happened over the last ten years, besides doing this right, this catharsism.
Speaker 2: Just wondering about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good question to Initially, all I did.
Speaker 5: Was try and figure out how to tell this story to an audience for the first I would say four years, which is was not was not healthy. Jodie keeps telling me it wasn't healthy. Apparently, like therapy is great. I've started doing therapy, so that therapy is good. Here's a little can I can I talk a little bit more? Do you guys have to go to bed? You're right cool. The weird thing about my therapist is he really he really wants to know more about the story, and I'm drip feeding it to him because I'm so self conscious that he's going to lose interest in me.
Speaker 4: I'm like, and then someone was at the door.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you more next time, and He's like, oh, like, I'm really I'm really dick teasing my therapist with this. We've been talking for like a year and he's he's at the bit where I'm through the coconat through the window.
Speaker 4: He's desperate. His name is Simon. He sounds like they were through.
Speaker 1: Thank someone in the front like not being state side.
Speaker 18: Does this change your views at all on home self defense?
Speaker 4: Oh so, Uh, it's a good question.
Speaker 5: I think the issue here was something like this wouldn't have happened in a city because in a city you are conscious of your safety more until so in England we have scoring systems for streets on the crime like safety of it. He goes from one to five. The street I lived on until this day was a zero. There had never been a crime on the street. Not a lot of people live there. I mean, you've been there, haven't you.
Speaker 2: It's lovely, it looks like Hogwarts like it's very pretty.
Speaker 5: But now I would I would say my parents kind of got a wake up call and they still live in the house and the street and the village is not the saying when we went to the village, you're here. On the podcast, we tried to talk to people about this. We got kicked out of two pubs for mentioning it. The village are think of hot fuzzz, Like that's the stuff we're dealing with.
Speaker 4: I think lock your door in it. Just lock your back door, mate, lock your back door. Don't answer it. The windows were fine, but yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: I think they were very careless before, and I think this made their world a lot less safe and a lot more big.
Speaker 4: And my parents are different now.
Speaker 9: First, thank you very much for sharing your story, and then mine is kind of a two part. Sure, you said it happened really quickly. Do you have an idea of how long it was between this happening and the police getting there? And then who called the police? Because when you called, they already knew about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's a great question. In my head.
Speaker 5: I don't have hard facts for you, because it felt like half an hour. Looking back at it, I think, am I right to say like ten minutes? Maybe tops?
Speaker 4: Ten minutes tops? Who called the police?
Speaker 5: Fucking everyone everyone on the street called the police, because the second you see a guy outside banging on a door having in blood, you're like, I know, who'd love to.
Speaker 4: Hear about this? It's the five. Oh, they want to find out.
Speaker 5: So I think the police were called by every single person on our street next door to Brett's house. I think in the struggle of what happened, they would have been screaming. That would have been noise. So I think the next door neighbors called the police. The problem is I live.
Speaker 4: In a very rural area of England.
Speaker 5: The police response rate is terrible because we've got one countryside police officer and he drives around in a pickup and every now and then someone's like goes through my garden and it's washing and like nothing bad happens. So on this occasion they had to am I right and said there to draft police in from a different town, and we didn't have a chopper on hand, so that was new.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 15: So Ed, I'm a person who unfortunately also has had multiple murders in my family, and I just want to say that first of all, it's not your fault. There's nothing you could have done to prevent any of that happening. And also I just want to say that it is possible to heal, to move on and to have a happy life, and I just want to encourage you to continue with whatever healing that you are doing because I can attest what you just said.
Speaker 2: Is really true.
Speaker 15: There is nobody who can empathize or understand with what you've been through. It is a singular experience. It is something that feels really lonely. But again, I just want to encourage you because I never thought I was going to come through what I came through, and it's possible. You can heal, you can move on, and I'm grateful for you sharing your story tonight.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Can I have a comment on to that you're one hundred pers of self blame? Thing is real?
Speaker 5: Like that is rough and the fact that there were pictures of my face all over the like village that was that was a difficult thing to deal with.
Speaker 4: It kind of touched on the question the answer it before.
Speaker 5: It's like a day by day, case by case thing and it's learning that no emotion is not allowed and there's no normal.
Speaker 4: Thank you. I have a follow up a question.
Speaker 17: In your in your set, he was your bully. Yeah, you know we've all well, I don't know if everyone has that.
Speaker 3: I've experienced it.
Speaker 17: That's a long time. I have a question when it comes to like the like the psychology of this suspect. Did you ever experience him having a violent episode with anybody else growing up other than a normal perhaps you know, pushing each shoven anything that was some area of concern for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so he so Brett played football soccer to a really high level, and he was was often talked about that he was very very good. But in football you get like a red card if you do something really bad. And his managers were quite annoyed with him regularly. That he kept getting sent off for doing dumb shit, is how I would describe it. Someone would trip him and he would go in with like a throat punch. I don't know if he did throw punch anyone, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Right there we go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you for telling your story. Just one quick question. I'm over here, sorry, Thank you so much for telling your story. Just a quick question. At the end, you said that he was diagnosed with like ADHD in dyslexia and it was felt very similar to your story. Was that a proven diagnosis or was said something he said to kind of you know, mimic you, although he was really just a bully and just I was just wondering and curious.
Speaker 2: That is a real diagnosis.
Speaker 1: We do speak to Bred's father in the podcast as well. He has a lot of interesting opinions about his own son's health and also how the system has failed him. But that is an actual diagnosis, and I think it's funny you see similar diagnoses and two sides of the same coin. Yeah, very different approaches and lives. So thank you so much for your question.
Speaker 17: Think all right, let's give it up with Jody and durs was