Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Its way up with angela Ye, and I made way up and this person sitting next to me is for sure the definition of way up.
Speaker 3: Skill of Baby's here.
Speaker 2: How are you doing? Look at you looking like an actor. How are you feeling though, Skill A baby, I'm good. You've been going so viral like over everything real. Yes, you know you have Stafford. It's a music, it's the acting. It's also I feel like the random interactions with fans, you know, and I like to see it because I think it's very genuine. Like I've seen people posting things that you may never have told anybody about, but that they're grateful for things that you've done, you know.
Speaker 3: Like I saw Sean Cotton from Say Cheese.
Speaker 2: Talking about you and how you know you just he was asking you for like a verse for an artist that he had, and you gave him two and didn't even charge them. He was like, he helped me out so much. I'll never have nothing bad to say about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sean Kint, that's my guy.
Speaker 3: M hm. So let's talk about where you are and life right now.
Speaker 2: We're getting ready for the Price of Fame to come out, and it has been very expensive in many ways, right, So talk to me about how you even said, Okay, this is what the project is going to be called.
Speaker 4: I came up with that just think about all the sacrifices that I too and everybody else have to go through to be successful. And I was just think about everything I've been through financially, spiritually, emotionally, physically, everything, and just put it into a project.
Speaker 3: You think it's worth it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, only because I feel like everything I've been through changed the trajectory of my family, so it's worth What.
Speaker 3: Do you think? I mean?
Speaker 2: There was a period of time you also very athletic. Did you ever think you would be a professional athlete or was it just I.
Speaker 5: Did for a very short period of time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, until I started seeing what goes into that, I didn't want to really do it, like working out every day or having somebody monitor my life. I just so I think that was like it was disappointing to my family that I didn't do sports, but I found a other avenue.
Speaker 2: So were you super passionate about it though for a period of time, like, cause it is it does take a lot of dedication. I was talking to somebody about this, like when your parents push you to do something that you're good at, because a lot of successful athletes they did have people behind them that were kind of like, you know, sometimes it's like, do I try to force you to do something that you have a talent at? Or is it okay to tell kids sometimes you ain't got to worry about it.
Speaker 4: I mean I was forced into it and then I loved it. So like from six seven years old all the way up till I was like fifteen sixteen, I played basketball and football. But then when I didn't have that motivation no more, when my dad passed and stuff, it just was like life life hit me and it was cool, Like I just I knew I had to. It was more so take care of my responsibilities, then do what I love for.
Speaker 2: I saw your interviewing yourself talking about why you know why your name is skill?
Speaker 3: A baby? So is this going to be a real series of you asking yourself.
Speaker 1: Questions every Friday?
Speaker 3: Every Friday? What made you decide to do that?
Speaker 4: I just just how I made the album. The first thing I looked up was some of my favorite album rollouts, so I had, like before I had the music, I had the rollout on my album, Like in my notes and everything I wanted to do. Some things I couldn't do, but a lot of stuff I knocked down. So I just wanted to stay consistent with my rollout in the theme of my project. So I just wanted to everything I do to be fun and creative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so do you have like it's going to be one question every Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that you answered, I had a whole interview.
Speaker 4: But I feel like it'd be more fun for me if I just strung it along a little bit and just let everybody get one question at a time then trying to force a whole, big, long piece of content. I feel like it'll live better if I did one question at a time and made people want more.
Speaker 2: It feels like everything you decide you want to do is something that you kind of study, Like now that you're acting. I see you took acting classes and a lot of people will try to just you know, you have a name for yourself and you can get into some roles, but you took it seriously enough to say I'm going to take these classes. Yeah, And it feels like that's a skill of baby thing. Like anytime you decide you want to do something, you go really hard at it. What was it like for you taking acting classes, because it could feel a little weird to try to like jump into character and have to you know, I want to know what that was like.
Speaker 4: Lady had me jump around like a kangaroo or a time doing jumping jacks.
Speaker 3: I need to see that video.
Speaker 4: Like acting classes is a lot like my teacher wasn't playing like she was just make you get down to do push ups if you don't do it right, make you perform your lines while doing jumping jacks, all type of stuff. Just getting into a row. And that was like that was like when I first got in class. It was on Zoom and I was at the Jurys though, and she was mad at me and she wouldn't take.
Speaker 3: Me cause you're not taking it to you at the jewelry store. You're supposed to be in class.
Speaker 1: But I really know what it was like.
Speaker 4: All the class in tilled, so I just was like Rocket actually had me on there and I got on Zoom and they like, where are you at? I actually went to the back of the jury store, had to stop what I was doing and everything, But it was fun like just seeing where I started and where I'm at and just looking at myself tapes and tapes I did in class to where I'm at now.
Speaker 1: It was it was a lot. It was fun.
Speaker 3: So you did in person classes too? Are they all were on zoom?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I had to fly to LA and do in person classes.
Speaker 3: Was it just you? Yeah, okay, it's private.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I've seen some like other artists that have taken classes with other people in it. It's always funny to hear their stories.
Speaker 3: What it's like.
Speaker 4: I went one class it had people in there and they had to perform and stuff. But she liked doing my stuff private, so it was cool.
Speaker 3: What was that type of feedback that she was given to you during that time?
Speaker 1: It depends on what day.
Speaker 4: At the beginning, she just had a lot, a lot, a lot of feedback or what I had to like, you know, like if you jump into something, you come to radio, you learn how to do drops or whatever, and you learn how to speak properly on what you can and can't say. I had to learn everything about acting, so I had to learn my marks. I had to learn camera angles, close up shots, why shots, what I'm supposed to do, how my body language supposed to be. So it's so much I had to learn and just my first part was the tech technicalities of it, like marks and stuff like that, different shots and verbage. And then you got into act acting.
Speaker 3: And so you love that. Now this is a lane.
Speaker 4: Acting is a thing where like all the actors love it because they did it as a child. I love it because I can show my range and people be so shocked to see I can act. So it's only fun for me when I'm playing a role that people can Actually, I don't want to be an extra or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I remember early on meeting you and I was like, he's so shy, like just and things have changed so much.
Speaker 3: Just you feel like you've overcome.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm matured a little bit. I learned who I am as a person, I think, so I feel like I just grew.
Speaker 2: So I want to ask you this because you know, there's common phrases like money can't buy happiness. People always say that, right, but money can't buy happiness, but it does change how you experience it. And you've talked about just basically being happy to be in this position. Obviously the price of fame has been expensive in many ways, emotionally financially for sure, and the sacrifices that you've had to make. But when you think about it, people tell you money can't buy happiness. Do you think that that's true or do you think some people say more money, more problems.
Speaker 1: More money, more problems.
Speaker 4: But sure, I think money can't buy you happiness, but money can fund your happiness. I think money is necessary. I think like in the world we live in, everything costs, and everything you love to do cost So money is not the happiness, but it's a tool to happiness if you use it the right way. So I don't think you could buy someone's happiness, but you could fund it like you can. And it just depends on what you what makes you happy though, Like I'm happy as when people around me are happy. They happiest when they can do what they can do, like they love to do. For me, to help them do what they love to do, have to have money.
Speaker 2: So I saw you buy a house for our family. Can you just share to me, like what happened? Like what was going on in your head? You know you saw them, Like, just explain what was behind all of that, like the full story.
Speaker 4: We actually do that a lot though, It's just that timing got broadcasted because we partner with the mayor. But I didn't put girls through college, did everything. Just what I like to do with my money, I'll try to give back. If I make a lot of money, I'll try to give a little bit or something back to the community because they helped me come up. So I'd just rather do that every year at least two three times a year.
Speaker 2: Do you have an organized like nonprofit or how do you determine that or.
Speaker 1: You just like I don't come.
Speaker 2: We gotta get this together, right because you got to do that, because then at least, like.
Speaker 4: I donated like a million dollars, like donated like all over the years, probably over a million dollars.
Speaker 1: I don't got no, no, I don't do.
Speaker 2: It for that, I know, but I think that like we were just talking about money, but I'm non proper. You don't have to still be like public about it. But I think also for your own taxes, you might as well, you know, be able to benefit from that.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It'll be the smart thing to do, for sure, But I just I just I don't be planning to do it. I'll just be winging it. So like if I buy five hundred pair of shoes. I'm just bound fire hundred pair shoes if I do a gun by back. I just thought it that day, and I just donated to the city. I don't be looking for like anything in return.
Speaker 2: From I'm just trying to say like an organized You understand you're talking about financial literacy and also making sure that it's just because I love the fact that it's what you're passionate about and what you want to do in real estate and investing and helping people and education. But I do think like having that initiative, and then at least the more you say off your taxes, the more you can give. I would always rather give people my money than give it back to the government, for.
Speaker 4: Sure, And that's the smart way to go about it. My managers tell me that all the time. I just haven't invested in my mind into doing that. I really need to though, I really do need to do that.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about the trailer that you did with fifty cent for this project. So you and fifty cent have gone really cool.
Speaker 3: So you're doing power Origins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in power Woo.
Speaker 3: That's a big deal. That's listen.
Speaker 2: I cannot and First of all, you know, I watch all of the whole Power universe, so I'm looking forward to seeing that. So what's your role on Power Origins?
Speaker 4: I'm I don't want to give it away because I don't even know if I.
Speaker 1: Could do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I didn't know if it was you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't do that about you, though.
Speaker 3: I always got it. Yeah, how did you do in? Fifty gets so cool? Though?
Speaker 4: Oh, me and fifty got cool just in passing over the years. I think the first time I met fifty, I was in Vegas somewhere, and no, the first time I met fifty, my guy from New York introduced me to him.
Speaker 1: His name TV TV, a good friend of mine. Real cool guy.
Speaker 4: TV introduced me, like, skill it, I want you to beat fifty like he introduced me to fifty at NICKI Minaj and fifty was somebody from Detroit, his pops. And then we just got to kicking it. The next time I seen Fifty, I was with Little Meach And then the next time I seen him, I was it was Super Bowl and then we just kept building and building. Then I got with Rocket. We started doing the acting thing. I started going to acting classes. For like a year and a half Dan records like, yeah, I'm gonna just tell fifty out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Then fifty is like huh.
Speaker 4: He started sending myself tapes and stuff, and that's how I got into acting, and me and fifty just been closer since.
Speaker 1: So it's been like.
Speaker 4: Two three years. So we've been building connection over the past two three years. And it don't have to be broadcast because it's just that's like one of my mentors, just like any of these guys like I just I value with their opinions, Like you want a person like that. It don't have to be no financial gain or anything like that. I just really cherish his friendship.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of people have compared like certain situations you've been in two fifty cent and felt like he because I also thought that too. I was like, I'm sure he's been giving you, like some advice because he's lived through a lot of things as well, and it's a blessing. And I know, I want to say that when I saw what happened to you, I just am happy, Like we were honestly up here like this is wow, this is crazy, but we saw that you did that prayer and then a few days later there was an incident where you know you were shot, but thank God you're still here with us. But a lot of people feel like that prayer is kind of something that maybe did play a part in saving you. Did you think that too, like because you posted it online and that came up afterwards.
Speaker 4: I mean, I pray every day, so I don't think one prayer or another was like more valuable than the other.
Speaker 1: I try to pray every day.
Speaker 4: I got a timer on my phone to pray, So I think that prayer I only put it online because I feel like God wanted me to do that, Like something in my heart was like put this prayer online. People need to be prayed for it, and they need they needed from a voice from my perspective of young God. That's I'm a street guy, but I'm in irrelevant, Like I'm a relevant guy and people look at me in the light where I'm cool. So I feel like kids and everybody else needed that voice to make this a cool thing and like not shy away from a relationship with God.
Speaker 1: So I don't think that prayer. Maybe that.
Speaker 3: Online and that's what it was.
Speaker 1: All my prayers saved me.
Speaker 4: I think The thing I loved the most about after I got shot was all the prayers that people sent me, Like, you know, like I had a DM full of probably a million dms of people just I just felt loved and appreciated and people felt like they was part of the situation. And it's like I hated who did that the skill and praying prayers up for skilling people sending me passages and from the Bible, and it just it felt really good, like I fell loved.
Speaker 2: And then a couple of days later you popped out at four two Doug and they went crazy when you went on stage. How do you get rid of like anger over a situation like that, because that's hard too, like to move to a place where you're like everything I have going on is too valuable, and because I can't, like, you know, the first thought I'm sure is when you come out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I I don't think my My my thoughts was like everything I have too valuable.
Speaker 1: I felt like.
Speaker 4: People don't realize just the hardest part about going through situations, whatever it is, getting shot, getting into it, people anything, it's walking away. People think it's easy to walk away. Like as a man, my pride is everything so walking away was actually harder than not walking away, like I could easily do something to somebody. I'm not a scary person. It's just like walking away that took everything.
Speaker 5: I agree with that, So.
Speaker 4: People don't understand that. People look at you like, yeah, you just type of way you're scary if you walk away, I'm really not. I'm really just taking everything out of me. This was the biggest thing I could do. This is the biggest, the hardest choice I could make. So I feel like it was a hard choice for me to remove myself from certain situations, but I felt like it was beneficial for more than.
Speaker 2: Just me because on the trailer for the Price of Fame, you talk about feeling like you lost everything at a certain point and that people really gave up on you in your life. And the thing is, from the oyside looking in, we wouldn't think that right because I've always felt like skill a baby gets a lot of love, even from like you said, behind the scenes, things that aren't publicized. There's people that they meet you and they take a liking to you. I think automatically just your whole demeanor. You know how you are, and you're talented as an artist, so of course people would want to be around, but there was a period of time when you felt like you were deserted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably like inside out not outside. Then I always get love from people that don't really know me. It'd be like certain situations from people that know you, or it be situations that you'd be like somebody had judge you for a situation and they know you, so you will look at them like, you know me, why you know I wouldn't do this, But it's something to talk about or something like that. Like if I say Azelau was doing this, but I know you're not like that, but it's conversational piece. People will keep talking about it. Yeah, Like it's more gossip if I say she did the wrong thing and the right thing.
Speaker 1: So there's more stuff like that.
Speaker 2: You know, when you talk about how hard it is to walk away. I think it's so important to stress something like that for everybody, right, because a lot of time our egos do get the best of us in situations and we want to prove things to people who then you prove something and then now then they start calling you dumb for making a move to retaliate against somebody who did something to you and at the end of the day, you got to like move and do like it's chess like thinking long term, and like you said, that is I think the strongest, hardest thing to be able to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I think like in certain situations with me, with fifty, with anybody that I'm around, anybody that doesn't like us or has something against us, it hurts them in the long run because you can't come in no room that I'm in, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like it.
Speaker 4: Hurts others to try to do like be against me. It hurts them worse because if you want to do the same thing that I do, you can't because everybody loved me. So I think it's just killing what she says.
Speaker 2: Now, you also are known as the ladies man, and the girls love skill a baby, and even the guys like listening to the music and the songs. You know, that's a vibe for even man to be able to relate to how you rap about women. I think that's a good space to be in because it's like I saw you do the freestyles over a Leah then the.
Speaker 3: Bryceon Tailor Chris Bown song.
Speaker 2: But I did also see you post a young lady the other day and it went viral, saying that's his girl.
Speaker 3: So was that a real thing?
Speaker 1: A few days ago, I was promoting my song.
Speaker 3: Okay, just asking for the ladies listening. They might want to know. I was promoting my song, okay, So it's hard.
Speaker 1: I always promote my song.
Speaker 3: I mean it looked a little close. You know.
Speaker 1: It was just promoting my song.
Speaker 3: And that's it. You know.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you traveling around the world, like you have the song and listen, they haven't sent us the album because it's not coming out till August, right, but everything is done, it's ready to go.
Speaker 3: You do have this song called London Ting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so what happened in London that made you say we got to write a song about this.
Speaker 1: I've never been to London. You haven't.
Speaker 3: You just did a song so London gets love and you've never been there.
Speaker 1: It was motivated. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: Now you have to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta go.
Speaker 4: But I wrote that song because I was listening to Drake and Centrucy. Okay, London one of my places that I really want to go, and I like I like their lingo, I like or accent and it just I was motivated in the studio. Just I be motivated by other artists and music a lot. So like I listen to somebody music and I'd be like, I want to take some of the elements of what they did and making my own put my own toys on it.
Speaker 2: All right, So that's got to be on the bucket list of places that ladies are gonna go crazy in London when you get there too. That's so funny because when I saw this, I was like, I got to see what this London story it is for you?
Speaker 3: Now. You also started off with the prayer baptism Sunday? Was that something?
Speaker 2: And like you said, you do pray all the time and you've been really open about it. But I wouldn't say that's normal, you know, like a I don't want to use the word normal, but I wouldn't say that it is as popular for artists to be as open about that. Did it take you, Like, how did you feel about getting into the space where you felt comfortable to be able to post that online and talk about it.
Speaker 4: I used to be very like I wouldn't say comfortable, but I usual to be scared to show my faith because I didn't think, like it's not the coolest thing to do when you are an artists or somebody in public.
Speaker 2: Like, but.
Speaker 4: I feel like what would be obedient of me when it comes to faith, you know, So it's not about being cool. Your faith is about being obedient. So if I feel like God telling me to do something, I'm gonna do it. And like I always say, I'm not passing judgment on anybody, I'm just showing my faith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm leading by example.
Speaker 4: So it's not really a thing where I'm trying to prove this to anybody or do that. I'm just doing what God. I think God is telling me to do, being obedient.
Speaker 2: I remember I had the Detroit Youth Choir up here and they were talking about they were so excited that you did a song with them. I feel like stuff like that makes it's so organic. But I also feel like it's something that you love to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like I like helping kids. And I was always taught when I was a kid that we was the future. So when I see the future, I just I try to put my hands on it and and enhanced whatever day got going on and support it.
Speaker 2: Uh, you're also in Diarra from Detroit this season, and I know that's about to come out, so congratulations on that.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny cause I met Deiara and I was saying and they actually sent me an email cause she's planning to come.
Speaker 3: Up here too.
Speaker 2: But I had told her, I said, you should put skiller Baby on the show, and she sent me an email she.
Speaker 3: Was like, guess what, we got skiller Baby on here.
Speaker 4: She's such a beautiful person. She was she the day I got on set, she was just even when she wasn't in the scene, she was coming supporting me, making me like sure I was comfortable and everything else. That was a great set to be on. And that was like my first major set. So and they actually thought I did a great job. I'm like, this is my first set I'm on. But they was like, you're doing a good job.
Speaker 1: That made me happy.
Speaker 3: Were you comfortable when you were like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was comfortable.
Speaker 4: But my first scene they jumped me right in. They had me doing the intimacy scene.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well that's not bad.
Speaker 1: Did you that's just crazy for us. Did you have a.
Speaker 2: Conversation with the person that you had a scene with like, did y'all have to know each other first or did you just jump in?
Speaker 3: Didn't speak to her prior?
Speaker 4: We spoke a little bit, but that was part of the acting classes they teach you. You you make sure somebody's comfortable, y'all both talk with an intimacy coordinator all that.
Speaker 1: So I was prepared. I was really prepared.
Speaker 4: I wanted to make sure she was comfortable and stuff like that. But it was just like my first scene on the act.
Speaker 2: We can't wait to see this posting this, I think when does it shows that the twenty ninth I think the new season starts. So do you have other role? I know you're doing Origin, but do you have other roles lined up? Is this something that you're like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I My agency kicks out so many self tapes to me. They're really a good agency. Shout out to IAG. They're a really good agency.
Speaker 1: And I have roles.
Speaker 4: I've been auditioning for some roles we turned down, but it just doesn't make sense for my career at this point. But I have other roles that I'm supposed to be getting into.
Speaker 3: What would be something that doesn't make sense for you at this point?
Speaker 1: Just stuff that I'm not mature enough for.
Speaker 3: Okay, are there roles that you're like, I wouldn't want to play a police officer, doesn't matter. Okay, I want to do.
Speaker 4: More romance, funny stuff. But some stuff I'm just not mature enough for. I go over with management and may like, you're just not mature enough for it, And we talked to the agency. Let them know and it'll be cool.
Speaker 3: So you like the love scenes, yeah, it'd be cool.
Speaker 4: Like I think a lot of my some of my favorite movies are love movies, like Pretty Women.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that, like you took it way back?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like older movies. I don't really like how newer movies are shot. I like the old school VHS type of feel like older cameras, Like I think that was cooler.
Speaker 2: Mmm, we could do a modern day Pretty Women. It could be gonna spend.
Speaker 3: That, No, it might go listen.
Speaker 2: But you know what, though, what I love is the way that you're spending that, like you said, is helping women go to college. And just do you keep in touch with people that, like you're giving them money to finish school and all that, Like, do y'all stay in communication?
Speaker 3: Are you just here?
Speaker 4: It just be here and I go about my life for real, I'll just be wanting people to I want to help out and move out the way I don't want to be because I don't want to be the center of attention.
Speaker 1: It's not my goal. My goal is to help you as.
Speaker 4: I can, But I can't really, like I don't want to stay in contact with everybody because I have other people to.
Speaker 3: Help, yeah, because then they might be like, you know, it's time to buy books again.
Speaker 1: Not even that.
Speaker 4: It just like I gotta focus on everybody. I want to help everybody, and not if I just had everybody on my phone that I helped. I have a thousand contexts.
Speaker 2: Calling me okay here, So we're gonna you gotta we're gonna plan this out. You gotta get this set up in a nonprofit way. But I also think what will help is to get like, have a fundraiser, because then you can really have donations from corporations and then even be able to help more people. So you can do something where we have the gala. What's the name of your foundation? We're coming up with it right now. What would be the name of your foundation?
Speaker 3: Come? What is it called?
Speaker 1: Change the World?
Speaker 2: Okay, Change the World scale of Baby, Change the World Foundation. All Right, we're gonna have a gala, and let's see, should we do it in Detroit? You think, yeah, you do it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: And so what I'm envisioning is that people are gonna come, They're gonna donate money. We're gonna get the Pistons, are gonna donate money, We're gonna have the Dan Gilbert Foundation. I'm putting it all together in my head of how you can do this, and then you're gonna actually be able to get millions of dollars raised so that you can help with housing, with education, with necessities.
Speaker 3: For every day.
Speaker 2: I think that's going to be amazing. And then I think you should document the process of setting this up. I'm I'm just thinking about, like.
Speaker 4: This part of this interview would be on it if I did like the intro. Yeah, like she killed me with this.
Speaker 2: Now let's talk more about this album. Like I said, we haven't had a I know two songs off the album that we heard g Y s M. Of course get You Some Money and Face Card love that song. And you know the ladies love Face Card, but no tears. Now, they did send me some of the lyrics from off of the album and I'm dying to hear this one, And you talk about have you ever been around so much violence and death?
Speaker 3: It just made you numb?
Speaker 2: And that is something for people to think about, because I feel like also with online too, we are getting really desensitized to things going on, Like we're watching stuff on social media and it's just too much.
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel like you have to detach? Yeah, for sure from all of that.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 4: Right before I had got shot, I had like took a real long break from social media. I deleted all my social media's only because I felt like it's normal to see stuff online and you will compare yourself to it, and you will compare your success to it. And I'm successful in my own right, but I, like, I don't want to get distracted by somebody else's destiny, you know. So a lot of times I deleted because, like, and it's normal for everybody to get jealous and envious. It's just how you act on it. So I'm a human, So I get jealous and envious about stuff, and like, I would never act on it, but it's only because I'm distracted because it's.
Speaker 1: In my way, Like it's in my face.
Speaker 4: So if it's not in my face, I won't think about it for real, and I'll just move in my own pace instead of somebody else.
Speaker 2: I think that's your because social media also always shows like the highlights of what people have going on, and not necessarily what it took to get there, or even sometimes it's not real, like people are showing things off and you're thinking, dang, how they got a yacht and they got X, Y and Z, and you know, I.
Speaker 4: Can borrow your car keys and stand in front of your current act like it's mine. It's cool, you know, So.
Speaker 3: I think you're current probably nicer than mine, though.
Speaker 4: I probably, I don't know, like not. You've been successful for a long time, so.
Speaker 2: I feel like the trade though that's motive city. Y'all be flexing more out there here. I took the train today. Oh yeah, have you been on the people moving?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I used to get on the people moving around as a kid. But here I'll travel on the ferry for real.
Speaker 3: With the ferry, we fiery guys from Jersey or from from.
Speaker 4: Jersey, from Jersey get on the ferry instead of taking the tunnel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you remember what it was like when people first started realizing who you were, because there's always that process of when you can move around and be like, you know, low, but then there's a period of time now where everybody sees you.
Speaker 3: And knows who you are. Do you remember when that switch happened?
Speaker 4: Not really, I don't remember when it switch happened, because it gradually happened. Because you know, I used to run around with Sader, Like Sad was like the biggest thing in Detroit.
Speaker 3: So we InterVID you guys together around lift service. That was a funny interview.
Speaker 4: Sat was like the biggest thing in Detroit. So everybody loved Sader. So I just was getting a little noticed with him. But then I don't know, I think I made a song TAPEV style and everybody, just like in the Middlewest, just knew who I was, and that was cool. I started getting booked for shows and stuff, like I seen my first fifteen thousand dollars show.
Speaker 1: I was so happy.
Speaker 3: I bet you were. That's nice. What's the plan for this As far as touring.
Speaker 4: I'm with my touring agency, Like I said, iag they were putting together a plan for that and really routing it and doing it.
Speaker 1: The right way.
Speaker 5: So we just seeing what makes sense and then we're gonna come up with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the album cover is reminiscent, it's channeling Tupac, and you have a Dear Mama song on here as well, So Tupac was a big inspiration to you also.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tupac was an inspiration behind a lot of stuff I've done just in my career period though, Like he's an inspiration behind me acting and everything.
Speaker 1: So and we.
Speaker 4: Wanted everything I do to be creative and be a conversation piece. So we just wanted everything to be nostalgic and create a conversation. And I don't want anybody to think I'm comparing myself to Tupac, because I'm not, because he's the biggest and what he's doing, and I just want to pay homage for real.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's interesting the nostalgia part of it to me because you reference pretty women a lot of people like younger generation. I don't know if they've all you know, Kayla, have you seen pretty women?
Speaker 3: Do you know? Okay?
Speaker 2: I know every time I'm not sure what people know, like the disconnect, I ask Kayla because she's only twenty two years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I just always be curious.
Speaker 2: What are some other movies that you would say are some classics that are favorites of.
Speaker 4: Yours favorite movies? Wow, my favorite ghetto movie is Killing Season.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's funny. Okay, I like.
Speaker 1: That for you Leave it to Beaver.
Speaker 3: That's really old saying lot do you know? Leave it to she? Don't know none of these? You know Killer Season, that's a throwback to her.
Speaker 5: I think I think everybody should watch the Imitation of Life.
Speaker 2: Though, the imitation of Life? I have anybody seen that? I haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: Everybody should watch it. I think that makes If a grown man watched that, he gonna cry.
Speaker 5: The imitation of life?
Speaker 3: What is the imitation of life?
Speaker 1: You gotta watch it.
Speaker 5: I'm about my past made me watch that movie.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. That's interesting. So that was your household?
Speaker 1: Was like going on Mississippi? Damn?
Speaker 3: Oh you know when? Okay, I love that for you? What do you watch now?
Speaker 1: Law and Order?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: You said that so fast? Like that's your show? So nothing like none of these. You don't watch Love Island or nothing like that.
Speaker 4: I ain't really into reality Like I don't watch reality TV. I watched TV and movies not based on trying to perfect my craft. So I'll watch a lot of Raisin Caine in the Power Universe. I'll watch Law and Order. My favorite actor, Jim Carrey. So I just watched Denzel Washington. I'll just fall in a rabbit hole or watching.
Speaker 3: Internal Sunshine into that.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I want to do I want to ask you in Power Origins do you have love scenes on there?
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking you what your character is, but do you have I know you.
Speaker 1: Said that about that. I can't talk about.
Speaker 3: That, okay, all right, No, I'm trying to get me fired. Okay, No, that would never happen.
Speaker 1: You're trying to give me fired.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, I don't do that.
Speaker 5: Now, you're making me feel that's some number one on the course.
Speaker 3: She stuff like, oh, you're not like to talk about nothing.
Speaker 1: Like number one on the carse sheet.
Speaker 4: They get like they get like scootered around in the in the private truck, like I'm really a starving actor, Like I like I got a ride on the sprinter to work.
Speaker 2: That's not so bad. You get a ride to work at least, Yeah, But some people gotta I.
Speaker 4: Gotta build my way there I have to build my way up in there. Like I treat acting like I'm Trayvon. I don't treat it like I'm skilling baby. So that's a whole separate sector of me. So I don't go to work like I'm skilling or anything.
Speaker 3: I go to work humble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dressed in casual attire.
Speaker 4: I want people to know I'm taking what they love serious, like they craft. So I don't go there with no attitude or anything. Anything they ask me to do, I try to do.
Speaker 2: That's true because I think as a rapper, there's this stigma that like, oh all these rappers slash actors just trying to step into this and not taking this craft as seriously as they share. So sometimes people judge you way more harshly because of that.
Speaker 4: For sure, That's why I go to set. I try to make everybody comfortable. I speak to everybody. I don't want anybody to think I'm trying to be handed anything. I'm gonna work from the bottom up. I really be in my head, I be thinking like like every other actor that's like on the higher on the call sheet than me, Like that's my opponent. Like I'm trying to show you out every time, Like, if you crying, I'm crying harder. If you're making somebody laugh, I'm laughing harder. Like that's how I really feel like they my friends after the camera turn for sure?
Speaker 3: Can you? So, how is it making yourself cry?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: On what do you have to think about?
Speaker 4: I think everybody just think about different stuff. I got my own little tactic. I try to walk away and just figure it out, but different things.
Speaker 2: Has this changed your approach to music, taking these acting classes, even as far as music videos or just how you approach an album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it make me.
Speaker 4: It put me in a different creative state of mind. So I think of like angles of my videos.
Speaker 1: I think of.
Speaker 4: Being intentional on my album, what I'm gonna say when I'm talking about this, what my video gonna look like, skits on my album, the storytelling, making everything be cohesive top to bottom. So I feel like that was really big with that.
Speaker 1: It helped a lot.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, listen, I know you've got a lot going on. So what's the release date for Price of Fame?
Speaker 1: The Price comes August twenty first.
Speaker 3: August twenty first. You feel good about it?
Speaker 1: I feel great about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I'm.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to hearing that. You know, I've been a fan of yours since I first heard you and since we first met, and I just want to say I'm happy for you with everything that you've been accomplishing. Thanks, and we're always going to be in your corner cheering you on. So I appreciate you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you more, all right, Skill a baby