Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: So it's twenty twenty four, and let's talk about something really really important. If you're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan's America's largest injury law firm, and they're there for you. Over one hundred offices nationwide. Think about that, more than a thousand lawyers with over twenty billion. That's a b twenty billion dollars recovered for over five hundred thousand clients. Things happen in life unexpectedly. Submitting an injury claim with Morgan and Morgan is really really easy. Like winning in the NFL is hard. We know that quarterbacking in the NFL is hard, submitting a claim is easy. You're ever injured, check out Morgan and Morgan. Their fee is free unless they win. For more information, go to for Thepeople dot com, slash Colin or dial pound law from your cell phone. Pretty easy. That's for the people dot com, slash Colin, or pound law, pound five to nine from your cell Morgan and Morgan as a proven track record of fighting for you to get a full and fair compensation if there's an unexpected accident in your life. This is a paid advertisement, all right. Sharper Square, co host of the favorites Chad Milman, all odds provided by DraftKings. So I had a rant today on my very popular syndicated radio show Milman.
Speaker 1: Now, no I'm familiar. I've heard it's big.
Speaker 2: People are talking. So my take is what you don't want to become is the NBA a very strong top, a soft middle, and ten teams to eleven teams at the bottom that are unwatchable and non competitive, mostly the Eastern Conference. Now, and I said, as the NFL has become more quarterback centric based on a CTE lawsuit and changes of rules pivoting to the offense, that we are getting to be a little nbaish in the NFL. A very strong top of five or six teams, a pretty soft middle of like the Seahawks, Rams, and nine teams with two or three wins. Several appear to be soft tanking. And so I have never been prone to big favorites. But Detroit last week at minus fourteen felt like one of the smarter bets. So the Commander's minus ten and a half. So I locked it in at ten this week on the Herd. But I think one team's soft tanking and one team is fighting for a playoff spot. One team is now on a backup and not a great backup. The other team has one of the better rookie quarterbacks in a long time. That team's at home playing for something. I know it's not sharp sharper square, but I like the commanders here.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's not sharp. The way you said it, it's like you're waiting for me to tell you. Yeah, you know what, Colin. The Wise guys are with you. This is the week where they've decided they love massive divisional favorites.
Speaker 1: I'm here to tell you they don't. The Wise Guys like the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And part of this is, yes, the number is so big, but there's also some regression from Jaden Daniels. Right, he was not very good against the Eagles last week on Thursday Night.
Speaker 1: In fact, like.
Speaker 3: Since that opening four game stretch where he was completing eighty percent of his passes, he has yet to complete more than seventy percent of his passes in a game.
Speaker 1: And so you have to ask yourself, as.
Speaker 3: He started to come back down to earth, has teams started to figure him out.
Speaker 1: That's really the key to this game.
Speaker 3: And look, you can look at what the Cowboys did last week and say, okay, were they competitive in the first half? Yes, did Cooper Rush show some flashes of being able to be a competitive, too competent quarterback in the NFL. Certainly more than a lot of other backups in the league, and frankly a lot of the starters that we see in the league. But the wise guys are going to be on the Cowboys here because this number in a division game is just too big for a rookie quarterback who's who's steadily declined as the season has gone on.
Speaker 1: And by the way, the Rookie of.
Speaker 3: The Year ares odds are a great way to look at that, right, how much is bo Nicks crept up in behind Jayden Daniels in the Rookie of the Year conversation? So the market is starting to recognize some of that.
Speaker 2: So I like the Bears plus three and a half hosting the Vikings. Lost in the blocked kick was that they thoroughly dominated Green Bay, a well coached team that they schemed up, layups, easy completions. Chicago looked good, they just didn't finish well. Minnesota. You always talk about the luck ratings. You know, I love Sam Darnold, but boy, they leave a lot of points on the on the floor. God. I mean that Jacksonville game was maybe that could have been forty to ten. I like Chicago. I think they have limitations, but I watched them against Green Bay and I like their personnel. Caleb played with confidence. The OC change mattered sharper square.
Speaker 3: So it's sharp ish. Don't forget this line opened at five. So the wise guys bet at five, they bet at four and a half, they better at four. They're still betting it a little bit at three at three and a half. If it gets any further than this, if I'm saying to you, you want to publicly announce you are locking in the Bears at three and a half, you don't want to say you're on the Bears at three. You're not wrong about Sam Donald and how lucky he's been in that game against Tennessee last week. They covered the spread, but not because of anything Sam Donald did. He had two hundred and forty six yards passing forty percent of his yards in the air, came on three passes, right, So he is not having a very good sort of second half of the season. He's been very lucky. The problem for me, and this is where I'm like, I challenge the wise guy perception on this is they like the Bears largely because they think that Caleb did.
Speaker 1: What you just said. He looked better.
Speaker 3: He was getting rid of the ball in less than two and a half seconds. It's the first time he's been doing that, right, Can they really block against a Minnesota Vikings defense that is so much more complex than the Packers Brian Flores destroys rookie quarterbacks and Caleb Williams this season, when he is facing a team that has a sack percentage, which is basically the number of defensive players that end in a sack, When he's facing a team that is a sack percentage of more than two point two percent, he's one and six. So you're looking at a guy who was facing a team that is a sack percentage of five and a half percent. A lot of times, it's not even because they're bringing pressure, they're dropping a lot of guys into covers. They just confuse the heck out of offensive lines and young quarterbacks. So to me, that's really the matchup you have to be careful of. It's why I'm staying away from this game. I just don't think there's any value in this number. Too much bad quarterback play, too much good defensive play.
Speaker 2: Cardinals plus one. Now at the Seahawks, I've said this for the last year. I'm not sure what Seattle is. I think they're well coached, I'm not sure of it. Sometimes they're smartly quarterbacks, sometimes they're not. I think they'll move dk Metcalf at some point in the near future. He always seems unhappy. I know exactly what Arizona is great. Coseel said it on my show this week. They don't outside of Buddha Baker have great defensive personnel. They are really smartly schemed, and I think this is an offense that is young in spots that is growing in confidence. I like teams that have an identity. As the season goes on, it takes team's time. Even the Patriots at Julian Edelman has said it took all of our team's time to find the identity. By week twelve, some teams still don't have it. Seattle doesn't. Arizona does sharper square.
Speaker 3: So it's sharp, but it's been bouncing around. And I agree with you about the identity. The Cardinals know exactly who they are right they are even on defense, they are still a physical football team. James Connor is a really violent runner, and they know if they are able to get him the ball and be effective in the running game, that makes Kyler that much more effective in the passing game.
Speaker 1: And they're just going to be the better team.
Speaker 3: Because of those two players, especially against a team like the Seahawks, which just last week before the game against the Niners, they released their leading tackler. Like that tells you how much they don't know who they are. Is like, they're making pretty big personnel moves coming out of a buy in advance of a huge division game. And I would not take yet anything from the Seahawks win against the Niners. It's another weird sort of circumstance for the Niners with Nick Bosa going out. I think that impacted the game tremendously. So Whise guys are with you. The Cardinals inside, they're you know, pun intended. They're putting the cards on the table here right because they can take significant control of that division coming off of by with a lot of hype on this team right now, so it's a big step up game for them.
Speaker 2: I like green Bay at home minus one and a half. Now, if Bosa doesn't play, this defense is very good. It's just not. I don't know if it's smartly schemed, it's okay. Fred Warner's numbers are down. Bosa is really the lynchpin of the defense, and when he's out and he's banged up consistently, it's not very good. And I say this about San Francisco. You are what your record is. They're a five and five football team, and they're not very good on special teams. They don't get the consistent pass rush. Rock Purty is fine, he's not the issue. They miss a deep threat. Now, well, Christian McCaffrey is still not at one hundred percent on the road. Green Bay the best kind of team to bet. They won and played poorly. You can coach them hard. Green Bay's home minus one and a half. Sharper square, totally square. The wise guys are all over the Niners here. The number was a two and a half.
Speaker 3: They were kind of waiting on the Brock Party news because it leaked out that he had a sore shoulder and was going to be day to day. He practiced yesterday and looked fine. So it's really not about Nick Bosa. Here was about brock Purty and the wise guys. Look at the Niners. You just mentioned luck. There's no bigger difference this week in sort of our luck rankings than the Packers, who are at the top of the luck rankings with how lucky they've gotten this year in games. They've won a lot of turnover luck, a lot of blocked kick luck wrapped up in one specific play last week. The Niners have had terrible life, terrible turnovers at the wrong time, terrible injuries at the wrong time in multiple games. Right, So you're looking at two teams that are really diametrically opposite in terms of how things have played out for them, and you ask a lot of wise guys and they'll say they have this game even on the road at Green Bay Power Raider to pick. So you're getting a point and a half of value right now on the Niners. So that's why the wise guys like them.
Speaker 2: Rams didn't look great and they have no home field advantage. I like Philly minus two and a half, it'll be a sixty to seventy percent Philadelphia crowd. The Rams defense is very interesting but incredibly young, and they're kind of pedestrian on offense with a quarterback that doesn't move particularly well. I think rosters it's a mismatch. It'll be actually a semi home field advantage for Philadelphia. They're hummon. I don't have to love Nick Siriani. They are hummon. Saquon Barkley is playing the best football he's ever played in his life. They're pretty healthy. Eagles minus two and a half. Kind of surprised at the line. I thought it would be bigger Sharper square.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not bigger because it keeps bouncing around. There's no consensus here. We talked about this on the Favorites today, that there's no real wise guy side. They've come in on the Rams when it's at three, They've come in on the Eagles when it's at two and a half, and that's basically how it's going to go. I'm with you. I love the Eagles here. I've been on the Rams the past two weeks. I felt like they were in good spots against the Dolphins, lost it, in good spots against the Pats, won it. The offensive line is not playing well and they're not protecting Matthew Stafford but or not very well, and the key to this team, and you and I have talked about this. Sean McVay, for all of his motion and sort of gadgetry, he likes to run the ball and that's the strength of this team. I don't see the Rams being able to run the ball against the interior defense of the Eagles, who, by the way, Vic Fangio brilliant defensive coordinator. Since Week five, the Eagles have gone from twenty seventh in EPA, which is basically a fancy way of saying how many points they're expected to give up on defense on a particular play, to first, like this defense has finally figured out what he was trying to teach them and they're locked in In the back of the secondary. Cooper Degene is one of the top rated cover cornerbacks according to Pro Football Focus. That should have an impact on what can happen with Cooper, Cupp and pukuin Nukua.
Speaker 1: So I'm with you. I like the Eagles here. I think it's a good spot for them.
Speaker 2: Ravens off a wildly emotional Pittsburgh game, go back on the road. The Chargers, we said this a month ago, now that they're healthy, are a really good football team. Special teams offense. They're resourceful on offense, they're physical on defense. They're getting two and a half. Baltimore does not have like a Pittsburgh, Green Bay, San Francisco crowd, so it will be mostly a Chargers fan base at home again. Chargers come off a win, feeling good about themselves and comfortable. The Ravens come off a physical, emotional rivalry game. I like the Chargers plus two and a half. Sharper Square.
Speaker 3: Two and a half is not where the wise guys like it. They loved it at three. I think if you're playing at two and a half, you're kind of tempting fate, right, you would expect this to be a field goal game. We both love the Chargers. We've talked about how much we love the Chargers. We've played the Chargers in multiple spots this season. Defensively they're great, but who have they really played. We saw a little bit of that Achilles heel against the Bengals when the Bengals did such a good job coming back and probably should have won that game if not for some really some bad miss kicks and a couple of bad flags, and the Chargers kind of blew it right. So can the Chargers do to the Ravens what other teams have done all year, which has beat them in the second half through the air? The talent I think where everyone is seeing what's going on with lab McConkie and are excited about him is a connection with Justin Herbert. But the Chargers have been terrible in the second half this year, so you're gonna have to expect them to do something they haven't done this year in the second half, which is convert, and you're gonna have to expect them to do it and basically win the game because you're betting less than the field goal.
Speaker 1: So at two and a half, it's just not very sure.
Speaker 2: The NFL season's rolling along, the contenders are separating from the pack. The one thing that hasn't changed this season is Draft Kings sports book at official sports book partner of the NFL are friends at the volume. It's the number one place to bet touchdowns. Fade at the corner of the end zone, running back breaks through the line, gallop sixty yards for a touchdown. They don't care how you get them. They want to bet on touchdowns and you should. At DraftKings the best place to do it. If you're ready to place your first bet, make it simple. A player scoring a touchdown, just go to DraftKings Sportsbook app. Takes ninety seconds download it. Make your pick. Here's a reason new customers do a touchdown. Dance on your own bet five bucks, that's it, and get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if your bet wins score big. DraftKings Sportsbook number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app and use the code column COLI in gott to use the code co l i N get one hundred and fifty bucks in bonus bets if your bet wins betting just five bucks only on DraftKings The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and Y, or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting, Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario bet must win to receive reward. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ins four additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co slash FT.
Speaker 2: I like the Patriots plus seven and a half as Dolphins divisional rivalry game. I think. I think Drake May is finding himself. Miami is one of those teams where you're never quite sure exactly what you get. They blow more opportunities than they should. I think Miami wins this game. But this just feels like an obvious sharp side New England playing hard. People playing for stuff here, young team, young coach, young quarterback. They're not playing like they want the number one pick, nor do they need it because they have their quarterback. They're not They're not soft tanking for Shador Sanders. You know they have to upgrade positions defensive end and wide receiver, and it's a defensive end wide receiver draft. I like the Patriots to play hard, keep it close, Sharper square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is an eye test game where at seven and a half, the wise guys like the Patriots.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: And if you've watched the Dolphins the past two weeks. They were fine against the Rams. Their defensive line played great, they got to Matthew Stafford, but the Rams gave that game away five field goals. They couldn't score touchdowns, they were missing snaps, they were thrown tipped interceptions.
Speaker 1: They did not play well.
Speaker 3: And if you look at the game against the Raiders last week, the Dolphins were only up by five points with three and a half minutes left, there was a miracle defensive pass interference against the Raiders. They gave the Dolphins the ball and converted a third down for them instead of getting the Raiders the ball back, and that was sort of the end of the game, and they ended up scoring thirty five points or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But they were up by five points.
Speaker 3: The Raiders are going to cover that game, and if they'd gotten the ball back, potentially won that game. So I just haven't been impressed with the Dolphins, whereas I have been really impressed with Drake may He's just a gamer. And I think the biggest problem for this Patriots team is Gerard Mayo is such a conservative play caller. It doesn't seem to really know how to run the math. Yet when you're going for two, should you go for one, when do you want to go forward?
Speaker 1: And fourth down?
Speaker 3: He's coaching like a defensive coordinator in key sort of pivot spots for the game, and that's where the biggest challenge comes in for the Patriots to cover.
Speaker 1: But the wise guys are with you. They like the seven and a half.
Speaker 2: I like the Colts at home getting seven and a half. Lions. Remember they have to play on Thanksgiving, and they're you know, they're playing perfect football. The Colts. I thought Anthony Richardson looked as good as he has ever looked. I think they've kind of figured out what he is. Some of that is the Jets aren't very good, but I've been saying this for a month. I like the Colts personnel. I really do like both of their lines, especially their O line. They've got playmakers on the outside. I could see the Lions going to head to Thanksgiving. They're blowing people out. I'm going to take the Colts plus seven and a half at home.
Speaker 1: Sharper Square couldn't be sharper sharpest player of the week.
Speaker 3: Like the Colts are one of those teams where a lot of wise guys when they look at this, certainly how I think about it when I'm deciding if I want to bet one of these ugly dogs, is do I believe this is sort of the right side from a number perspective. Is the team they are playing against going to have an overinflated number because they're public because of what they've been doing. The answer to that is, yes, nobody is winning at a better clip than the Lions. They are the odds on favorite to win the Super Bowl. That number is naturally going to be bigger. That's number one.
Speaker 1: Great. I like the Colts here. Number two.
Speaker 3: Do I believe there's a part of the game where they can be dominant. You just mentioned their offensive line, best run blocking unit in the NFL. Jonathan Taylor has been playing great, and I think with Anthony Richardson, I think he played great last week. I think with his ability to run against a defensive front that cannot get pressure since Aden Hutchinson, they just can't. Every stat will show you they are not a team that's getting a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: So that's number two. I'd like that number three.
Speaker 3: There are a ton of trends that back this up, and sometimes trends can be self fulfilling, but in this case, like you got teams who are road favorites the game after being a double digit favorite in any location. They've had significant against the spread struggles the past decade, forty three percent against the spread. Teams that are averaging thirty three plus points in a ninety percent win percentage those teams in this scenario thirty two percent against the spread, and if they are coming off a double digit win, twenty five percent against the spread. There's a lot of matchup reasons. There's a lot of inflation reasons, then there's trend reasons.
Speaker 1: So checks out all the boxes.
Speaker 2: Okay, a game I want you to talk. Be into Broncos minus six at the Raiders. I know it's a divisional rivalry, but when you have young quarterbacks and young teams growing in confidence, sometimes the markets behind them. Denver's a really interesting team right now, so we know their defense has been exceptional. Bon Nicks is making leaps like big, no turnovers, moving well. Sean Payton texts me this week and he's like, you know, you, guys, his arm is way better than anybody understands. Greg co cell echoed that this week he's like he's making NFL elite throws down the middle. Of the field, hard deep throws. Arm is not an issue. Talk me into it. I think the Broncos are the side for me. Sharper square.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's some of the feedback I've been getting to this week is Wise guys continue to be really impressed with the Broncos and feel like they have been emboldened by that Chiefs loss. And we saw this week right like the Wise guys, they were coming all over on the on the Broncos. They loved the Broncos in that game and that and it matched right like it was a Falcons team that was coming in and they were supposed to be a good team and the Broncos blew them out of the water. Similarly, they're feeling the same way this week about about the Raiders. I think the number's gotten too high. It's at six, and that's because the Wise guys have been betting it up. There's no matchup reason to like the Raiders. Like their terrible team, they seem to keep themselves in every game until Gardner Minshew has some ridiculous turnover. He's got four lost fumbles this year, which is I think second in the NFL. He's got I think nine interceptions, which is third in the NFL thirteen total turnovers. Like that's the script for this game is Gardner Minshew's down by twelve points digit something, has a chance to put his team and get him through the back door, and he does something that costs his team the game. And you know, he loses the ball, he fumbles whatever. So you're probably on the right side, but I think you've lost the value in the number.
Speaker 2: Okay, and finally give me a game I miss. I like Kansas City off a loss minus eleven at Carolina, but I'll stay away. But I think generally, you know, Andy Reid doesn't lose. Patrick Mahomes doesn't lose, even though he's not a great big favorite. Carolina is a bad team, and Kansas City's pissed off, so I kind of like him. But give me something else.
Speaker 3: Well, look, it's Kansas City and Carolina. I hate to say, Like the wise guys like Carolina here. They like what they've seen from Bryce Young in the past two weeks that he played. They like the idea that this is also a really good run blocking unit. And while the Chiefs run blocking run stopping defense is elite, there's still an opportunity here for the Chiefs, and if they aren't running a very well, they have liked what they've seen. The wise guys have liked what they've seen from Bryce Young and his ability to find the right receivers, especially against the chief secondary that.
Speaker 1: Isn't very good.
Speaker 3: You got to go on the road win is a double digit favorite. It's just a bad spot and historically now this year, double digit favorites are rushing like it's been.
Speaker 2: That's my take. At the top of this podcast was the separate we're getting to be the NBA. The difference between Denver and Orlando is significant.
Speaker 3: Yes, So let me give you a couple of stats here then if you're going to be talking about this, because it helps illuminate it a little bit.
Speaker 1: So double digit favorites are five.
Speaker 3: To oh this year, so the first time they've been undefeated, not against the spread, just undefeated this late in the year and twenty seasons. Only the second time in the past forty seasons. Here's how extraordinary this is. Though they are undefeated against the spread. For that, you have to go back to nineteen fifty that is the last time double digit favorites were undefeated against the spread through eleven weeks. Let me put this in context for you, Colin. The point spread was less than a decade old in nineteen fifty. It was invented in like nineteen forty one by a commodities trader in Chicago. So the last time there was this kind of double digit cover streak was nineteen fifty and the spread was an infant. It barely existed. But that's how unprecedented this is.
Speaker 2: People were betting pith helmets and bales of hay.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was just exactly and Wooden Nichols, you know, Chad, Oh yeah, So they're going to be on this. So but the point is the wise guys are going to be on the Panthers. They're going to bet against the trend. Same thing with the Titans, by the way, they don't love it, but they're going to bet against how bad the Titans have been against the spread. They're going to bet against the inflation you get from the Texans beating the Cowboys in prime time. They haven't been impressed. We see j Stroud this year. They do like the Titans defense talk about unlucky. The Titans seem to shoot themselves in the foot every week. So if they can get one of these breaks. That's the difference in a game where the number is more than a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Chad Melman, good to you, Good see anybody.
Speaker 1: Good to see you too, brother.
Speaker 2: The volume. Did you know that feeding your lawn regularly builds a stronger, more resilient lawn that naturally crowds out weeds. Scott's turf Builder products provide a year round feeding with essential seasonal solutions for your lawn. They have a subscription plan that makes caring for your lawn easier than ever. They put their expertise to work by analyzing the location, size and condition of your lawn to create a custom plan for your yard, and they'll ship you the right product to apply at the perfect time. It's easy by entering only a few short questions about your lawn, Scott's experts craft the program that's right for you in your yard. Visit Scotts dot com to learn mort it's really easy feed your lawn. Feed it