Speaker 1: Movies right then, Yeah, movies that we do. Can you believe that?
Speaker 2: Not again? Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: Another movie? Can you believe this is our fucking job? Man at work right now? That's insane.
Speaker 2: I'm at work, you know, right right doing the podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, but we're filming it, aren't we? Oh yeah, in a way, it's another movie. Like you know, people say, oh, who's been in more movies? You or Ben Stiller. A lot of people would say, oh, ben Stiller, But I go, I actually put out like three movies a week.
Speaker 3: Check check IMDb. Yeah, right, were so some all IMDb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're starting to get each individual episode credit to IMDb as a film.
Speaker 4: I also think the definition of what is a movie has kind of changed anyway too.
Speaker 1: Right, thank you? Yes, you're making my point. Oh yeah, it's totally changed.
Speaker 2: What do you think it is now?
Speaker 4: I think it's it's images and words being spoken, captured by some sort of technology and then presented in the linear fashion.
Speaker 1: Okay, hey call Webster's Hey Webster, you're out of a job. I got a new guy, me and share that viewpoint you and Nolan. Yeah, speaking of Witch, Speaking of Witch, we gotta do a Barbenheimer with what with Chris with Chris so the so the Dank is coming out, you know, we got the world premiere tomorrow right here in La right and then the honesty same time, we haven't done a Barbenheimer in like three years. Thinking Dizzy think to seeing see aud to see acte. I like, I think it's Dink and Dizzy, Dink and Dissy.
Speaker 2: I think it's Dnk and Dissy the Dinkus. I think we had it Dink.
Speaker 1: And to seek to see dink and to see that's nice is good.
Speaker 2: I think, So we gotta do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that, and also like it hasn't really been done with like a theatrical and a streamer at the same time.
Speaker 2: It's such a mistake because you can do both at once.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you can bring your device into the theater and then while some half the audience could be watching the Street, the Imax or the seventy millimeter like sort of giant immersive, sort of a little bit grotesque, you know, kind of like loo, give me up so big, you know, oh, I'm so big up so long, like you know, kind of like show off ee movie. Then other people can do sort of an intimate, cozy very human film on their phone or on their neighbor's phone.
Speaker 3: That you can bring around with you. It's like, oh, those like big computers from before, like the huge ones, were those better? We don't like those anymore.
Speaker 2: We like little ones.
Speaker 1: We want the smaller ones. And I think you think the Odyssey's what four and a half hours, five hours whatever, So in our movies one hundred minutes. So I think what you do is not all five hours. Can be scenes you want to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so you watch some.
Speaker 1: Scenes, maybe a scene you don't want. Okay, check in over here, see what's going on with Ben being a funny doctor right now.
Speaker 4: And also because our run time is a little bit shorter, yes, you could actually watch it like three times, probably within one showing of started over.
Speaker 1: By the way, there's scenes in our movie you want to skip then now you know, okay, I can just skip to the parts I like, you.
Speaker 4: Know exactly, or you can like when you get to like the Trojan horse part of Odesty. I haven't seen it yet, but I know that's a big part of it.
Speaker 2: They have to do that, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to do that. But then maybe that's you stop streaming the dink for a second, just to watch, you know, like one of the set pieces. You watch both at the same time.
Speaker 2: The other thing, the process, what happened in the dink.
Speaker 4: We'll process it right, just think about it.
Speaker 2: Have a little like discussion moment.
Speaker 1: Could be good to have, Yeah, some sections of the audience's drink during Otyssey, Yes, sort of discussing. Yeah, with a men's group. Because there's father and son themes in both films, I think and I think that what we can do ours is period accurate. Of course, what we can do is sort of find common ground between the two movies, the way that Barbenheimer did too our movie.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure this thing gets its due promotionally.
Speaker 2: You made the damn thing you.
Speaker 1: By the way, I got the gear on. You see this?
Speaker 4: What do you got?
Speaker 1: So this is a Mountain Crest tennis club. Is from the movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: This is from the movie. I wore this today. Speaking of it getting its due and speaking of Trojan Horse, I'm gonna tie all this together. Trojan Horse sort of trickery, right, People expect to get one thing and then you know, boom, surprise, here you go. So I know, obviously Ben, You're not coming to the premiere tomorrow, But.
Speaker 3: Why do you put bend people amazing when you show up?
Speaker 1: Oh, Ben's in London. Ben's not coming. But why are we thinking like suit onto the red carpet, like just jump off a sky century city, you know what I mean? So I think like you can actually go off the top of like the Westfield Mall and it comes zooming down in right. Yeah, land You've got a remote control in your mouth and you start operating a drone show, you know.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I think that's a great idea. I wish we had thought of that earlier. I could I because I'm i mean shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, still doing that.
Speaker 1: He's so committed. It's like this won't release just to assuage your fears, this won't release until afterwards. So this will come out Tuesday, so you'll already have sort of done the magnificent stunt squirrel suit onto like Harley Davidson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, surf on the top of it, like like what Tom Cruise did for the member the Olympics handoff.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that's almost exactly what I'm pixing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about too, And I'm thinking that would be great. And also, you know, even if it wasn't me, actually me, do you know what I mean, like just somebody like wearing a mask or something like like representing me. I have a stuntman. I work with Greg Mitzpatrick. Maybe Greg could do it with like some sort of like a mask, you know what I mean. But like you know what I'm saying, just to like the idea of me, you know what I mean, like, oh, this is this is Ben.
Speaker 3: He couldn't be here, but yes, he's kid that he does it so that he'd be there.
Speaker 1: I love the coverage of like we could do it even if it wasn't you. And then plus you're going to be there. So the stuntman does all of it. He rides in and we go, oh, well Ben couldn't make it, but here's his representative. Then you pop out of the engine of the Harley or something.
Speaker 4: By the way, which is probably the way we would do it if I was there, Yes, probably actually because I'm never going to actually I'm not. I am not.
Speaker 1: My insurance and stuff would be a nightmare, you know what I mean, unless you just said, hey, fuck it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I got it. I don't would not for this project, you know, probably any other project. It's just about your life, you know what I mean. I'm just not tease you know what I mean. I I I've never worn a squirrel suit, you know publicly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what is a life? You know, like if you're not seizing every moment?
Speaker 4: Right. But I've also gotten to the point in my life at this point, you know where I want to appreciate, like I appreciate the days on Earth.
Speaker 1: Make the most outpack as much in as you can. London film shoot and the squirrel suit.
Speaker 4: Right or the but the Squirrels goes bad? You know which is? You know, because those aren't you know. Look, that's a very dangerous thing to do, Like it could have the opposite effect. I imagine if it, like if some horrible thing happened and I fell.
Speaker 1: To the whole news is can I just the red carpet was even extremely red because someone exploded on it, you know, either your stunt man or you.
Speaker 3: I want someone just to offer this perspective for the movie. I don't think that's bad. Okay, we got to see this. I think he was willing to get vaporized on the carpet for this movie. And it's streaming right now in my home. Well, and Ben, I don't want to make you blush.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of fans who would want to pay their respect and do some sort of tribute, and so to ignore the film wholesale after you know, it was the final.
Speaker 3: Act, and they'd be able to see the messages you were sending in the movie that this was your intention all along.
Speaker 4: Right, I mean, you know that's a valid thing. And you know I might actually yeah, yeah, if I died this was the last movie I made, I would be happy that this is the last night.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really nice.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the poll quote.
Speaker 2: It's Paul, I don't like.
Speaker 3: It's Walker.
Speaker 4: Oh jeesus, it's one.
Speaker 2: He was happy.
Speaker 1: Well, and now, because of course I have to scold Hayes. Hey, don't no, no, don't say that I have let's actually think about it.
Speaker 2: I have a sticker where he talks about it, where he said, do not feel sorry for me because I was happy.
Speaker 1: If I was going fast. Yeah, Ben says.
Speaker 2: It's just one.
Speaker 3: It's one idea. This is one idea. My picture for this conversation is that we come up with multiple ideas. I think that's one.
Speaker 1: This is a brainstorming session, Blue Sky. No bad ideas. We've got the squirrel suit out of the Harley thing, whether it's you and your stunt double, whether it's just you. But at any rate, we've got the version where you live, we got the prision where you don't. But we're covered there. But I would say, let's also come up with some other things to try to like you know, and by the way, we've got we've got dedicnacy as well. Right, so there's a couple of ways that were covered. What else can we do.
Speaker 4: In terms of publicizing the movie or just.
Speaker 1: Just make it sure? I wouldn't be too upset if the thing went viral.
Speaker 2: Right, we go insanely viral?
Speaker 1: Hmm would that be bad?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Actually think that's exactly what you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're trying to if I mean dying, that's one idea.
Speaker 3: Just then ready to move on from the you dying idea, and like we come up with other ideas.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want you to get married to that.
Speaker 2: We can close the book something else.
Speaker 4: Honestly, that's probably like the safest bet for something if you want that's.
Speaker 1: The most viral thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, absolutely, that's big news. That's why we started there.
Speaker 4: That's big news, right, But it limits your after that, it limits options for me to like promote it when it goes to well, there's no.
Speaker 1: Even making another one afterwards might be in protaste. And if it goes viral enough, I think we're gonna want to seize on that opportunity. You know, this is a doorway that we're stepping through.
Speaker 4: But you know, the but then like the next one would be like, oh, Ben's not in it, because remember what happened, and then you could recycle it again.
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we've got other footage that we took that we could kind of like, or we could put your face on h Greg Fitzpatrick's body. That's a different guy.
Speaker 2: He'd be amazing, by the way.
Speaker 1: I had the same thought.
Speaker 3: By the way guys are not like getting their ship off for the most part, Ben talking, he'd be having to what.
Speaker 4: I'd be happy to have my base on Greg Fitzpatrick's body.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's guys fucking smoking hot. Huh.
Speaker 4: He's got he's ripped, he's ripped, he's got good pecks, got good shoulders. You know.
Speaker 1: Okay, this guy's bicep went viral. Can I need to think to go as viral as your bicep? And you're talking about Greg's No, here we go again, just like last episode. No, Ben, you're ripped.
Speaker 2: We should put his face on your body. Fucking pussy.
Speaker 1: You're strong.
Speaker 2: Every time.
Speaker 4: I'm Jewish? All right? I want to go there?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: If we could use that.
Speaker 3: You know, Fitzpatrick isn't Jewish.
Speaker 2: That's so crazy. I feel like I could see other other guys. I feel like a spot him like that. Greg Fitzpatrick is not Jewish?
Speaker 1: Okays the Italian guy?
Speaker 2: Can I toss something out there? Please? Ben?
Speaker 3: I noticed during the NBA Finals you were able to sneak a camera into the arena and and and essentially bootleg the entire series What if as part of the promotion for the Dink we had that you managed behind the scenes at the arena to get into the Knick's cheating room. We know they cheated, Everyone knows they cheated. The question is just when. The question is how it happened in the cheating room. You were there as they're planning everything in the book, obviously dosing each other.
Speaker 1: Some kind of dastard of cocktails scandals.
Speaker 2: Seduction, all these seduction games.
Speaker 1: That they're planning, blood doping, Yes, was whose job was it to seduce? Commissioner Silver or perhaps the refs? You know, I think that I wasn't with you at first, and now that I picture it, I go, oh, that's actually a really good idea.
Speaker 3: And we put out there that the footage that you got from the cheating room is in the.
Speaker 1: In the dink, It's in the movie.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, So where where I started with this premise. First of all, I'm getting the feeling you guys aren't big basketball fans because.
Speaker 2: You I cannot tolerate the cheating.
Speaker 1: I used to like it until sort of the finals this year. I said, enough enough, it's a freaking uh wwe in there just acted.
Speaker 4: No, there was a lot of cheatings got the script. There was some dirty play. I wouldn't say it was on the mixed part. You want to go there. I mean, you take a look at some of those plays. There were a couple of plays there, you know that did not get called. A couple of fouls on Wemby. Let's just say it out loud.
Speaker 2: I that I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe they actually asked him about that, and he said it was an accident. Okay, I believe they actually asked him.
Speaker 4: So there's no such thing as a cheating room. I and and the Dink crossover part of it doesn't even I don't even understand that.
Speaker 1: The footage would be in the film, Ben.
Speaker 4: But that doesn't make sense what film and the arena is.
Speaker 2: By the time they've been watching in every room at MSG, you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna make them watch it multiple times.
Speaker 2: Its no cheating room like.
Speaker 4: The number.
Speaker 1: Because they go, I didn't see a cheating room in this, but Ben said so. Then they go back through and back through. Oh, it must be this.
Speaker 2: It's not in every copy maybe either.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, you're smart.
Speaker 4: Here's a question I have regarding the NBA Finals, though this is totally off topic and has nothing to do with the Dink, But what was Jeremy Piven doing sitting in the in the front row rooting for the San Antonio Spurs in one of the finals games? You guys know him, right?
Speaker 1: That was Ari Gold?
Speaker 4: Oh? Oh he was character Yes, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, And that's and it's not unrelated to the Dink of course, because Doug Ellen is Hollywood's pre eminent pickleball enthusiast.
Speaker 4: Okay, and so I.
Speaker 2: Think it's good beef beef, this is good.
Speaker 1: So it's like you're mad at Jeremy, right, Ari, Doug's mad at us.
Speaker 4: But I'm not. I'm not even mad as me. I'm mad In character is my character the doctor from the Dink.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yeah, he has a problem with Ari gold Aye for now more famous character for right this minute.
Speaker 1: Today as we speak today, prior to the release.
Speaker 4: Right which I think this character, my character, the doctor is going to be is gonna has a potential what do they call it? Breakout, a breakout character.
Speaker 1: I think this could I think this could be a breakout role that launches you into the stratosphere.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm hoping. That's I'm hope that it sort of re imagines, you know, people's perception of me as like, oh, you know.
Speaker 1: Well he's walking. They go, I know what Ben Stiller does, and they go, I didn't know he had it.
Speaker 4: Like that exactly exactly? WHOA like, what just happened?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is me. It's watching her wife. Honey, I need a second, I actually need a second, honey.
Speaker 3: Honey, please honey stuney, I asked for one second, not now.
Speaker 4: Later on a lot of men.
Speaker 3: A lot of and I guess a lot of merit and wife too. Yeah, because she will.
Speaker 1: Something happened for her where she is ready to go. Having seen those doctor scenes, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think, well, you know they're racy. The scenes are a little racy. There's some they go places. Yeah, my character has like an interesting inner life that we don't know about. Its interesting because he's like when I liked about the characters, like a lot of doctors off the bat, you go, oh, they're a doctor, a serious person. You know, I trust an inherent trust that you put in a doctor because because there's two letters in front of their name, d R.
Speaker 1: Right, yes, okay, so then we've just decided, okay, that means you can't question them at all. Right, the smartest guy in the room.
Speaker 4: Because I have d R in front, Like what if I my name was you know, Drick. You know that's got it. But like really instillers here.
Speaker 1: DR stands for like don't reconsider whether or not you should trust them or like because it's you know, I can.
Speaker 2: Even could be useful to have in front of my name for do resuscitate. Ah, people really seem to be getting this confused.
Speaker 4: I love that instead of the NR.
Speaker 3: I like, I can kind of hear you right when you're deciding whether or not to resuscitate me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me just say it right now, resuscitate me.
Speaker 1: God, go ahead and hit me with the old resuscitate please.
Speaker 2: I can hear you. I can hear you weighing the pros and cons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we see this it? Did they write it on his license? Let me go look, and it's like, just go ahead and resuscitate me.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm tired right now, so I can't really say it for myself, but yeah, when it happens again, Yes, let's get.
Speaker 1: It out on the show right now. It's a d R over here to you, resuscitate me.
Speaker 4: You're saying that now with your sunglasses and your trucker cap and your headphones, and you're I just them saying.
Speaker 1: That choked in irony.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh he didn't really mean it. He was playing a character. Guys.
Speaker 4: See if my name is Ick and I just called myself d Rick or doctor Rick, Yeah, well my name is Drick and I changed my name to doctor Ick. Doctor all of a sudden people would trust me more and so that getting back to what I was talking about my character, like I trust you trust this character because he's a doctor. But then it turns out, oh, he's like really kind of like he's got some weird perverse.
Speaker 1: He has a whole internal life. He has a life outside the doctor's office. He or he's doing his job, but at home he has to cope with the things that every human being does, and he's a true three dimensional person. For me, he steps right out of the screen, yes, moved. The scene's over and he just walks and he walks into your room.
Speaker 4: He's in his own movie, and I think it's like, that's a movie I want to see personally as an actor playing that guy, I feel a different movie, a different movie, but like yeah, or maybe another additional movie. But basically for me, that was what drew me to the character was like, oh, you know, I think I thought I knew what a doctor was, but really a doctor is a human being, a three dimensional human being that I don't really know about it just because they have the dr in front of their name.
Speaker 1: Do reevaluate right?
Speaker 2: Challenges your assumptions? Can I tell you what time that happened to me? Ben? Last time? You were on the show.
Speaker 3: We talked about you helping us book Adam Scott.
Speaker 2: We did book him long road. I don't yeh, yes, I.
Speaker 1: Couldn't draw a straight line to you causing it, but.
Speaker 2: Could have happened a little faster. That's fine.
Speaker 3: I understand now what was going on here. I thought you just like couldn't be bothered, like maybe want to see us fail.
Speaker 2: I get it now. You were trying to warn us.
Speaker 1: You were protecting us, and I don't think we understood at the time. I think we saw his on camera persona which is very manicured. Oh yeah, and we were not violent when we were physically in the room. I said, I oben an apology fucking nightmare because I've been dragging your name up and down Main Street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we said a last episode, we said some stuff about malignant narcissists.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know Adam is you know i'ms a complicated you know.
Speaker 1: A guy, complicated guy.
Speaker 4: I worked with him for I say, like a good four years straight.
Speaker 2: On the first is what it felt like.
Speaker 3: Honest honestly, I cannot imagine for you, Ben, because you were you to be standing here yeah.
Speaker 2: Today Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was you know, like I because I also like people. I have heard somebody people say like I can be a lot too, you know, but I think that, like Ben, you I've heard it, you know, I've heard it from people in my you know, people who are willing to be honest with me in my By the way, it's hard when you have a circle and the circle doesn't want to you know what I mean, and people are because the circle depends on the center of the circle.
Speaker 3: That is so hard, Ben, Ben, relationship incredibly difficult for you to go through that.
Speaker 4: Right, and I want to.
Speaker 2: I just want to affirm what you're saying.
Speaker 4: You are one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent correct. It is really hard and you shouldn't have to go through that alone.
Speaker 1: Let me sing up, Ben to everything you just said.
Speaker 5: Yes, thank you, okay, yes man, talk about that's because a lot of times, out of context, people don't get it or even though what a circle is, you know what I mean, Like like, what's is so stated?
Speaker 1: Everyone's so fucking dumb ex for you fake.
Speaker 4: Right, fake and and also not interested or just like oh, I've got my life, I don't care about your life.
Speaker 1: You know, it is interesting. Interested people are boring people. It is interesting.
Speaker 4: Yes, So for me to then know, you know, anyway, be grateful that I have within my circle people who are willing to be honest with me, you know, a few.
Speaker 1: Stray couple, yes, valuable.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've been told you know by those few streat shooters, you know what that experience is. But working with Adam, you know, And I'm glad we can talk about it here after you've now experienced it, because I don't ever want to say anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we couldn't really understand it just from you sing.
Speaker 1: I think if you had told me, I would have said, Wow, that's been But with me, he'll be different, right, He's not gonna pull that shit on me, Jack, I would have said, and sure enough he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's something that took me a little while to understand, just like the depth of you know, the depth depravity. Yeah, and also just his lack of interest in anything at all.
Speaker 1: No, it's like he's got that terminator scanner vision where he just sees your IMDb star Meater number, you know, ticket paper down in front of him, and he looked like he's always.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people you know, in terms of like like stacks of coins and transactional relationship. You're like, what is your You know, I don't play video games, but you know how you have like little they have the little like stacks of coins.
Speaker 1: And by the way, you don't need to play video games. You described it perfectly. Thank you, thank you stacks of coins.
Speaker 4: So like for in Adam's world, I'm a stack of coins, you know, in your in your world to him your whatever stack of coin.
Speaker 1: Right, smaller stack of coins. I can be honest about that right now today. But what he doesn't understand is it's like they always say, uh, be nice to the people with the smaller stack of coins when you're building your coin stack on the way up, because you might see them again when their stack goes up and you're stacked if you lose part of your stack. It's like, you know, like that's a saying that you'll hear sometimes, and I think Adam would do well to remember it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry it didn't go well with him, but you know, both episode well, yeah, I did an episode for four and a half years, you know, so more a half year episode of that.
Speaker 1: We're pros. We make something out of it. But yeah, the episode that you by the way, and you made a few episodes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, no, we made Yeah, we made nineteen episodes of that. That lasted for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's over now we're moving on forward's yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And you you're either winning or learning, either winning or learning.
Speaker 4: Yeah. In life he made mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So dealing with Adam, if that didn't feel like winning, we all learned something.
Speaker 4: Well. The great thing with Adam and that experience was that I felt like we were able to I did win because it was it finally ended and that was okay, and the win was like, oh I survived this. Oh I never have to deal with this again. Oh you know when he you know, makes that funny voice, it's like, oh, that's actually really his voice, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yes, so long to get used to that realization. I was like, yeah, when is this going good? But then should we actually talk? And it's like, not going to happen, No, no, not going to happen. That's interesting, it's it's it's interesting.
Speaker 4: He has that he has ears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he could lose those at this point.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, I got two of those and one mouth.
Speaker 4: Mouth lot. I don't believe the.
Speaker 1: Math ain't mathing. The mouth is mouthing, but the math ain't mathing. So I think we could. Yeah, we could probably eighty sixty years on old as over there.
Speaker 4: It's got the hair to cut ano the rest.
Speaker 2: Great hair. Hot. He's hot.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, he's incredible.
Speaker 1: He's like a Greg fitz.
Speaker 2: Fitz Patrick Kitzpatrick level body and face.
Speaker 1: Yes, one might have my face on his body.
Speaker 4: Yes. Also like to say to speak all over every he's you know, a good example of like, oh, this is how you build a career in Hollywood based on hair.
Speaker 1: Based on completely superficial elements, specifically hair.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going to come in with hair, and then you know, and then when you take the hair where like imagine him, just try to imagine him in a movie or television show where he's as bald, like what is right, all of a sudden, the power goes away and you're dealing with, you know, a guy with you know, two extra years.
Speaker 2: And I think that is insecurity.
Speaker 3: And I think that's why he has to come in with that energy where like he has to win, he has to always be dominating, because I think he understands that dynamic that you're talking about but cannot admit it to himself.
Speaker 1: Speaking of winning, speaking of movie and television shows.
Speaker 4: But by the way, great actor, get to work that.
Speaker 2: I love kay Seek a Dream.
Speaker 1: It's the best, an absolute treat and would total path kill to work with him again, and would love that and honestly would yes, would do anything for and literally any for anything at all. But speaking of winning, speaking of movies and TV shows, have you seen Ben that The Dink recently won an award? And I'm not in it for awards. That's not why I do it. I don't think art should be a competition. I think it actually is an opportunity to express yourself, to connect with other human beings. Hold up a mirror perhaps so you know, best mirror holder. I guess you could get that award, but honestly it depends you know who's in the reflection. So but we did actually get pretty prestigious award. The Guardian has named us the number one movie in the world.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: To stream on TV this week? Wow seriously to stream on TV this week? Think about how many movies are on TV.
Speaker 6: A lot, almost all of them.
Speaker 1: You know who's under us on the list? Can I tell you? Sincerely, who's under us on the list?
Speaker 4: Jurassic Park, Jurassic What, Yes, thank you?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Look? Look. That doesn't really surprise me, honestly, because it's like a very funny movie. You know, it's it's sweet. Uh, it's got humor in it. It's kind of got. It's not afraid to like make jokes that are a little bit racy, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I like and that before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the Doctor specifically specifically, but also like the whole idea of this. You know, Mary Steam Virgin and you know, Jake Johnson have this sort of like you know, like I don't know, like interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is it?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: Still?
Speaker 4: No, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: I was set every day.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is But but Jesus Christ, I'm watching it and I think it actually may end up being the number one movie in the world to stream TV.
Speaker 4: Well, so that does doesn't surprise me. The Guardian knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we.
Speaker 3: Have to give it because they're all like truth to power and like the snowed and crap or whatever. But this time to say like all right, this time, like the powerful actually the machine got it right here I think maybe they might have been addo something the whole time.
Speaker 4: Every once in a while they get it right, you know, and uh, you know, if you want to find a movie to stream. Also, by the way, the two this week. Yeah, but the terms like I don't think you stream the day, you know what I mean? Like it's more than right. It's not like you're streaming stream fucking experiencing it, Like it's like an immersive experience.
Speaker 2: You climb right in there, don't you whitewater kayak?
Speaker 1: It wanted to at one point, we wanted Apple to send everyone like an eight or nine foot pickleball to stand inside of and watch through one of the little holes, you know, so that they could really feel like like something totally immersive standing inside a giant pickleball with a door, you know. Yeah, why didn't put your face up to the hole.
Speaker 4: Why didn't they do that?
Speaker 1: So I think they understood what I was saying. And they're very nice, by the way, and they've been very supportive.
Speaker 3: I just to stand up a little bit into like just speaking from a little bit of the outside of this process, I think you could have gotten more involved there, Ben, just in terms of drawing a pickleball, or when we think about like the eat an EP's role on a movie like this, there are moments when you need to step in.
Speaker 1: I just can't really draw, and so as I was trying to, like, I'll just say it like, am I an artist, Yes, but my messier is not uh penn and sketch pad, you know, or just.
Speaker 3: To stand up for my friend a little bit, he can draw. He drew a beautiful big pickleball with a beautiful woman standing inside with incredible attributes.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, it was you know, there's holes in the pickleball, so you can see, you can see, you can see a glimpses.
Speaker 2: Yes, getting able to see the movie.
Speaker 1: You're getting a sense of and so that means that, like what's going on.
Speaker 4: I just want to understand the situation though, because I was unaware of this completely. I just want to understand what happened. You drew a picture going on.
Speaker 6: To you physically, almost, Burt, Okay, you drew a sure that's our concept art of what this would be almost like you know we did with severance.
Speaker 4: We did like a cube with severance and grandsact.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you understand how this is very important.
Speaker 4: So the drawing. You drew this woman, this beautifully well attributed woman in a pickleball, and you sent gave it to who because I never heard about this, And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's just all the every female member of the marketing team.
Speaker 4: And they rejected it. They weren't it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They have not emailed me essentially ever again.
Speaker 4: So this is why I tell you.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's not waiting for them to say, oh, we approve this or we don't. Sometimes it's you sending an email waiting forgiveness, not permission.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 4: This is I've go ahead so many times. And we've been working together and stuff for a few years now, right, Yeah, you have to see me. You have to see.
Speaker 3: It is hard to we have been working on this. It is really hard to see see someone on a drawing.
Speaker 4: Nope, But you have to turn it into an email. You have to.
Speaker 2: It's also really hard.
Speaker 4: So what I what I did was have apps you can scan things like well.
Speaker 1: And this would have been great. And you're tech. You're such a technical you know what I mean. You're a director as well, and you work with all this technology, the machines. You understand this stuff I hand delivered just slid under the door of the offices of every female marketing staff member. Yeah, Apple, I'm sure that incredible piece of artwork.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, you know you got to embrace technology. I made my assistant about I don't know whenever it started up, you know, twenty years ago, whatever it was when emails, was it twenty years email, thirty years.
Speaker 1: It was like I hate to put a number on.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I remember when when email started. I made my assistant explain to me how We're like, how do you do an email? Okay? And I you know, at the time, it was not easy. It was not simple. It wasn't something everybody knew.
Speaker 7: But I was like, I need to get ahead of it because I don't want to be left in the dust. And I continue to do it, like with TikTok and and other you know, social media things. I make my assistant show me stuff and say, explain to me how does this work, you know, so I can understand, and then I don't need the assistant or I don't need to slip things under doors and you have to stay. And I'm just giving you this advice because I got.
Speaker 1: Two assistants right here, and they can't make heads or tails of this email computer stuff. I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: What I'm hearing is that, you know that's the whole staff how to write and send an email that says, hey, this is a beautiful drawing.
Speaker 2: Exact needs someone will you need to.
Speaker 4: Create a reality? Right, Yes, I can't do it if I don't get c.
Speaker 3: C okay, So thinking about this, maybe you can describe it. Maybe you can describe the drawing and attack.
Speaker 1: This is a joke area. It's maybe a New Yorker cartoon, but it's a modern day professor or teacher and they I don't know exactly how it works, but the punchline is c se me after class.
Speaker 2: M hm. I like that.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: And they all have no but it's the whole class as computer.
Speaker 2: Everyone in class they are is.
Speaker 1: They are a computer.
Speaker 2: Everyone is a computer.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, what were you going to say?
Speaker 3: I was going to say, everyone is so distracted by the computer that like he like, he can't even get their attention because they're on their computer. So he's saying, see me after class that it's so much better that they're all computers.
Speaker 4: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: Easier to draw. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: And it's also interesting because you know c C. The term CC actually goes pre computers, right because is carbon copy? Yeah yeah, so that used to be when you had a black piece of paper purple piece of paper you put between. Physically, it would could have done you're drawing too. Physically you could have actually carbon copied you're drawing if you did not want to use a computer and given a carbon copy of the physical, the physical carbon copy of it. Anyway, all that to say, it's a great idea. I think that would have been a great stunt. But like us talking about the movie on this podcast, I think is as impactful, if not.
Speaker 1: More than the pickleball. Yeah, this is going to go.
Speaker 4: Viral in some way.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's always funny to me. Also, like when studio execs say, oh, you should do a viral video, It's like, okay, well, you know, I'd love every video to be viral.
Speaker 1: That I've been trying, right exactly, you never know what's trying.
Speaker 4: But I do think certain things we've said here and done and.
Speaker 1: This, you can feel actually something is happening over at Hollywood Handbook and something is going on there. There's buildings virality.
Speaker 4: You guys have ever had. But I'm sure this. I just feel like just even like us talking about this is going to get clipped out because they call it being clipped.
Speaker 1: Yes, this would be huge the aggregators. Aggregators are going to have a field day with some of these lines.
Speaker 3: And we can also wait until like some other current event happens it's unrelated to this, and like clip something that you say and like post it.
Speaker 1: Yeah if we just got you cold saying like I think that's a good thing, right right, and then we wait for like some horrible tragedy and then we just go and then it's like Stiller responds.
Speaker 4: Right, I like that that works, you guys. For me, it might not be optimal because then I'm put in a weird position.
Speaker 1: Bulletproof.
Speaker 2: Brother, you're out there though.
Speaker 4: I think already what we said, like the Adam Scott stuff, like some of that stuff out of context could be really you know, I would click on that. You know, wait a minute, half shouldn't have years like whoa right, yeah, yeah yeah, And.
Speaker 3: Maybe we get real lucky and his ears like get removed in some.
Speaker 1: Something happened, some kind of accident. You know, honestly, we got him to do the Harley thing. And then when he took off his motorcycle helmet, it just sheared the years off with it. The ears came out inside the helmet, you know, right.
Speaker 4: And still I saw it. I had.
Speaker 1: Heaviers. And then it's like, did he rig the helmet? You know what I did? He did he steal the helmet from the next cheating room.
Speaker 4: We don't know cheating. There's no cheating.
Speaker 2: He feels like he has to say that.
Speaker 1: It's pathological.
Speaker 2: I mean it's like, yeah, I've never been more certain was But.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, who are your teams that didn't win the championship? My team?
Speaker 3: I have a a team that I have supported for a while.
Speaker 2: Uh and it's called Seal Team.
Speaker 1: Six mm hmmm. They're the Troops. I guess they didn't win the championship this year in your estimation, say, there's a long string of victories they've had, but there is actually no championship.
Speaker 3: But let's get a basketball team. No, let's get the NBA championship to a basketball team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that'll keep us safe.
Speaker 4: Well, now you've flipped it around, because I was thinking of, you know, sports teams, not not maybe Seal teams.
Speaker 1: Said, maybe support You said, what team do we support?
Speaker 2: Is that the problem with our culture?
Speaker 1: M hmm is that team has just come to me in these these children's games.
Speaker 2: And just I may.
Speaker 1: Hope that some of pirates don't ever overtake your vessel. Uh, And you're expecting Jalen Brunson to uh get in a frog suit somehow, you know, bring you to safety and kick their ass. Look, I mean in good physical shape, but there's a whole bunch of technical stuff that goes into the the frog suit element that I'm just not sure he has the training for.
Speaker 4: Well. No, but if he did, if he chose to kick their ass, whoever who felt with mm hmm?
Speaker 3: Do you think his dad would then say that Patrick Ewing would have kicked their ass better?
Speaker 4: Let me tell you Patrick Ewing e he had a team around him at the time he would have okay, and that was the only and if you really because.
Speaker 1: We hope John Starks doesn't hear this, No, I really hope John Starks doesn't hear this.
Speaker 4: Man he had people who came in but and then, as you know, ninety nine, he was injured. But you know, and he had this very bad injury that happened. But but but Patrick ewing Is probably will go down. As you know, I mean, it's hard to rank the greatest Knicks. But come on, okay mm hmm, yeah, I took it there. That's where we're going.
Speaker 1: That's that's great. We can do we can do something with that. Guys have no interest, no interest in ranking the greatest Knicks. Ever, it's hard to do.
Speaker 4: Oh my guess.
Speaker 3: I want to make sure we have what we have you we have you getting.
Speaker 2: We have the red carpet.
Speaker 1: We have we have to have Ben shaped stain on the carpet.
Speaker 3: We have the Knicks cheating room footage making it its way into only five pies.
Speaker 1: We got this sort of you know, relate. We've got the sort of didingt tocy two screen experience with the with the men's group.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I had another idea for that too, Like we were talking about the everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And we said it was we said it was a dissy dingus. Is that the name of the Yeah?
Speaker 1: But oh well now I'm like dt to right.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you, that's great.
Speaker 4: Here's my my thing though, since you could watch the DNK three times within the odyssey a ding ding DNC to sy a ding dingy.
Speaker 1: Oh we triple it, D think to see yes, and then underneath we'd have like a parenthetic parenthetical sort of explaining why we wrote it three times.
Speaker 4: Or not, or people just figure it out because you know, they've watched it three times, because everybody's watching it so like they get it, they understand.
Speaker 1: You just feel it. It's just in your bones.
Speaker 4: At that point, I'm just saying, just a pitch a dingting dingctacy.
Speaker 2: We have the big pickleball, which I think could still.
Speaker 1: I think even in a limited way, even if we just got twelve of these things and sent them to people.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, a good ideaste fully.
Speaker 1: You know, arrange the pickleball holes.
Speaker 4: Enough like an Austin Powers reverse sort of way.
Speaker 1: I believe. So, yes, there will be implications.
Speaker 2: Yes, because some of these women in the world, my.
Speaker 3: God, good gravy man, some of these women are unbelievable.
Speaker 1: What they've been doing with the women lately. I did not think I would see this in my lifetime. Have you seen some of these catt A load of some of this stuff. I don't know if it's AI or what, but if it is, sign me up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of AI, you guys should really jump on that too. Just thank you, yes, I mean just seeing and the emails. It's the next step.
Speaker 1: It's Hollywood handbook. It's Hollywood handbook. And what's Hollywood now? He'll tell you I we're talking about it, you know exactly. They're not opening up their checkbook the way they used to give artists like us opportunities. We're going to have to start making everything with AI.
Speaker 4: So get your assistance to teach you AI.
Speaker 3: And talk about I mean, like you know, this doesn't release for a couple of days. You talk about like putting your head on Greg Fitzpatrick's body, for example. That's like that is something that the AID be able to do, is very eager to do.
Speaker 1: I put Adam's hair on my head, Jeers on his so you can finally fucking listen to something.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, but you know what, all the air in the world's not going to make Adams Scott listen to anybody other than voice.
Speaker 1: Bye, Hollywood, Hamburg