Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys. I am your host, Billy Earrolcompton. Iid my co host Tyl Lawan. He is in the middle of training camp is number one priority, his pride and joy.
Speaker 2: He cancels all of social social media.
Speaker 1: He has logged off for the entire year because his sole focus is on ball and not letting any energy, whether it be positive, negative, cheers, booze, doesn't fucking matter.
Speaker 2: The boy is off the grid for the entire season.
Speaker 1: However, he will be joining us, obviously not today in this moment because again, training camp scheduling is a little hit and miss, but he will still be joining the boys during the season every Monday during the intro, which I will get into what our scheduling is going to look like this football season.
Speaker 2: But he will still be on.
Speaker 1: The intros are nice twenty to thirty minute intros that we usually do each each.
Speaker 2: And every week. Taylor will be a part of that.
Speaker 1: You just won't see him on social media before we get into the episode. This beautiful brand of Busting with the Boys. Resenting sponsor is a big dog and you guys know him, the Chevy Silverado. If you are looking to make your summer story a strong one like our boy Jack in the back. Oh, Jack in the back, Jack in the Back might be a little could be a little segment with our boy Jack in the back like your boy Jack in the back. Chevy Silverado can take you there and that story will start as as soon as you take the wheel like the boy jackass.
Speaker 2: There is a challenge going on.
Speaker 1: Or if he tweets Rich Eisen every day with a photo you guys might know Richison from the Richison Show with the NFL.
Speaker 3: He's with the NFL network, right, is that what the NFL network? I believe.
Speaker 1: I hate that I'm butchering it. If I am butchering it. But also I don't guess. I don't care a whole lot because he didn't know, he didn't know who I was for the longest time. But as long as he tweets a photo of Richison, because we're trying to get Rich on the bus, as long as Jack in the Back stays consistent each and every day with a photo of rich Eisen until rich comes on the bus, doesn't matter. We're own day, what Jack, We're on day seventy five right now. It doesn't matter if it's day seventy eight or day seven hundred and eighty two. If as long as Jack stay's consistent throughout the entire time by posting a photo, he is going to earn himself a Chevy Silverado, possibly the Silverado ZR two that was built to tame the trails as the most off road ready Silverado ever created. And there are eight more Silverado models to choose from to make sure that one fits your life and your lifestyle. The Silverado provides a strength and Chevy truck capability to handle whatever comes your way. With the Silverado, you have everything you need to not only write your own summer story like our boy Jack in the back, but also make it an unforgettably epic one. Take him end of your summer with the Chevy Silverado. Go to Chevy dot com to learn more about your Chevy Silverado and also our friends of Freeland Chevy provided the boys.
Speaker 2: That is our dealership of choice in the Greater Nashville area.
Speaker 1: If you are looking for a Chevy and you live in the Greater Nashville area, head over to our voice at Freeland Chevy. They'll take care of you. They're also gonna throw in a free trailer hitch. I was emailing back and forth with the boys this morning, and I did tell them if we're gonna if we're gonna up our game, we need to be able to guarantee that you're gonna throw in a free trailer hitch. So if you go over there, let them know you heard it from the boy himself, and then you guys will probably get a free trailer hitch with your purchase of a Chevy Silverado. Now some house cleaning. We got some good shit on the horizon.
Speaker 3: Boys.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get into our trip at Green Bay, talk about our home opener, our tailgate against the Giants, how we are going to two episodes a week for the next four weeks. Taylor Update, hiring people, the Nebraska trip coming up in September. We're gonna get in all that stuff. But first we have a merch drop that is dropping today. As you guys listen to my voice, the merch drop is happening today, the back to School Summer Drop, which has all of your back to school essentials. A couple things I got right here next to me, But first your essentials that you need going back to school. Listen up right now, especially if you're in college. As long as you're you know of age for some of these games. But we are releasing a beer pong table. We are releasing a corn hole set branded Busting with the Boys. Everything you need at your tailgate, your backyard, your weekends, your downtime from studying for school, because we know you guys are gonna study hard. But we got what you need. Beer pong table, branded Busting, corn hole set, Brandon Busting. We also are dropping hats. The hat you are seeing me wear right now, that's going to be dropped. Our main le let me get out there on this. Our main fan bas is that buy from Busting with the Boys are biggest ones is Nebraska. I want to shout them out first and foremost because you know the boy he bleeds red, but also are homegrown Tennessee Titans. That is where our origin story was created through the Titans fans. The two tone blue. We got these bad boys in oilers colors and they fuck, They absolutely fuck.
Speaker 2: And then also you're seeing me.
Speaker 1: Where the silver and black the Raiders last year really jumped up on all of the sales. So those three teams are getting the hats first. Now, if you are a team that rep that wants to wrap your boys and wants to see a drop hats and merchandise for you guys. You have to be loud and fucking proud on social media because think of me as a vessel that's going to create you guys merch.
Speaker 3: I want to make merch for all the boys.
Speaker 1: I took a lot of heat last year for making Bengals merch, but of course, your boy, I see the bigger picture versus everybody else who lives in a box and just wants us to do Titans gear. I took a lot of heat, but essentially I want to make gear for everybody out there to do. So you have to be loud on social media because when I asked the question, hey, can we guys enough reetweets, enough engagement on something like this, and I drop a mock up that our boy Garrett has created that is going to prove that we need to sell that Because when I go and stand on the table for barstool and pound the fists to make it for this brand, that brand, that fan base, that is what's going to be my that is what's going to be my proof that we will be able to sell in that market. So that is the name of the game on merchandise. Now to get to my favorite thing that we will be dropping this year. Last year I sported this around absolutely everywhere, real dingy. Just let you guys have blash. You can zoom in a little bit on this. People can see the wear and tear in the grittiness of this jacket, just because we kept pretty much had it painted on. I wore this jacket around everywhere and everywhere I went people they wouldn't even know about busting with the boys. And then we beg bro, that jacket is awesome. I love when somebody who's working at whatever store they're working at takes time, It takes a moment to say, yo, I like that jacket.
Speaker 2: Where'd you get it from?
Speaker 1: And I, unfortunately would have to say this is a one off and it's not for sale. But we got so much traction just boots on the ground last year that we were begging Barstool to make us a bomber jacket. This is what it's called, right, It's called a bomber jacket. Now I am excited to tell you guys that we have gotten the green light to make these bomber jackets. They're gonna be in red and navy blue. Is the first wave, So Titans and Huskers, you guys are up first.
Speaker 2: We're getting these made for you guys. Now.
Speaker 1: If you get you can zoom in on this kind of quality, blossy, this stitch. We got it stitched. This is a Starter jacket, a collaboration with Starter. So they're warm, they're comfortable, they're absolutely everything you fucking need in a bomber jacket, dude. And we finally made them huge patch on the back. If you're just listening and not seeing this visual, it's if you're not for the boys, you're against them. A massive patch on the back. We got the boys on the front, stitched on the front. It's all stitching, vintage looking starter jacket. We got them in red and navy blue. That is our back to school release. We got the hats, we got the bombers, we got the beer punk tables, and we got the cornhole. Before we move forward, if you're somebody, if you're also like thinking about this on the way over, we have a Hey, it's we're gonna have a big.
Speaker 2: Run of appause right right here.
Speaker 1: But in the last several months since we've been doing the Bust and Spring Torn everything else, we have.
Speaker 2: Essentially doubled our audience. That is huge, that's massive. With that, I was.
Speaker 1: Thinking like, maybe there's some people who tune in that are newer to the show. And if you guys are familiar with Busting with the Boys, if you're here for the interview, you'll probably just need to fast forward about just skip to like the thirty minute mark or something, and you might get lucky by getting on the interview if you're here for the particular interview, if you're here to join the Busting with the Boys fan base, become a tier one, you start off as a Tier three, you make your way up to a Tier two to a Tier one. All of that essentially what the boys do, myself and Taylor, we bring the locker room to life with some good old fashioned locker room talk, some banter, some humor, some storytelling with our guests, peeling the onion back, a great mix of light and heavy. I guess you could say, but if you're joining us, please take a moment to subscribe to the Boys and follow us on Apple and Spotify. Make sure you download the episode each and every week, and then if you're watching on YouTube, take a moment to leave a comment and subscribe to the show.
Speaker 3: The reason we would love for.
Speaker 1: You to leave the comment not only like giving us your opinion on what you're seeing on the show right now.
Speaker 2: Like if you just want to say, like I see Will's my dad.
Speaker 1: Every week, whoever the kid is it says Will's my day is Tyler Olsen, Tyler Olsen. Shout out the boy, Tyler Olsen, all the free shout outs to the boy. I see his comment Will is my Dad each and every week. But if you leave a comment, you help us get into that algorithm. You help us get into that game of social media in the universe of YouTube by commenting and helping us get in the algorithm, the same as subscribing and following with us on Apple, Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Now with that news and thank you for joining us, we are going to We had like four podcasts that we did in Green Bay. We've done a few people in town who came to the bus. We're gonna be doing more at the end of August. It's kind of like in the training camp theme of being able to get some of the boys on the bus.
Speaker 2: Hopefully a couple of coaches as well.
Speaker 1: We've got a couple of coaches, but since we have so much in the library, we're gonna start releasing two episodes for the next four weeks, so starting September sixteenth, that is next week. It will change on the graphic because Garret's the man and he will make sure that's updated on YouTube, but all of our info, all of our stuff for the next four weeks, similar like we did in the summer, We're gonna be going two episodes, So starting August sixteenth, running through September eighth, we will be doing two a week Tuesdays and Thursdays. That's huge news for us because we got on Lafleur Bisacia, Aaron Rodgers, Baktiari, Rob Tunyan helped co hosts aj Dillon, Preston Smith, and then a lot of the guys that you haven't seen yet who have came through Nashville and got on the bus. We're gonna start rolling out those two a week. So the Boys are back to two a week for the next four weeks, and then when we get in the season, the Boys.
Speaker 3: Will keep it will keep it light.
Speaker 1: They'll let you guys in on something we are gonna be standing up another segment. We will not talk about that yet, but it's as Pat McAfee would say, hashtag up to something season. The boys are gonna be doing something pretty fun during the season on top of the traveling and the tailgates will be doing to let you guys know, staying on the theme of house cleaning, housekeeping, house cleaning, whatever it is. September third, we're going to Nebraska. It's it's official. The boys are going to fucking Nebraska. We're tailgating. We're hopefully gonna get a nice interview from one of the boys out there, and we're gonna be enjoying the game as Nebraska be steed living shit out of North Dakota to start their season at two. And oh, I'm letting you know right now. Take the money line. Nebraska is winning the first two weeks of the season against Northwestern out in Dublin and then in week two against North Dakota. But we'll be out there September third, Labor Day weekend, maybe Thursday night or Friday all day all the way through Sunday.
Speaker 2: We'll be tailgating. Find the boys.
Speaker 1: We'll have all that information on our social media's at Bust and WTB and then also to give you guys an update on what our first tailgate is for the Titans football season, the home opener against the Giants that is September. That is September eleventh. We will be at Acme Feed and Seed for the home opener. We'll be wheeling and dealing whistle pay whiskey. We'll be doing some giveaways, We'll be doing some some socials. We gotta get some good crowd socials in there this year, Like we gotta throw some some parties. We gotta have a good We gotta have a good season at our Acme Feed and Seed tailgates. But all right, for the Titans fans out there that want to join us, and even if you're from New York and you're coming in to watch the game, or you're a fan of the Giants, come hang with the boys. Will be at Acme Feed and Seed on September eleventh, and that'll be probably two hours prior to the game, prior to kick off.
Speaker 2: Did our shit go out? Jack?
Speaker 1: I've been doing a lot of rambling, but it was kind of a save. No, it's not on the screen. What what was next on the house cleaning after tailgate. Yeah, after tailgate, just catching up Green Bay, catching.
Speaker 2: Up Green Bay. So the boys went to Green Bay. Hell of a time.
Speaker 1: Uh, you guys can check out we I said, we've interviewed Aaron Rodgers. As a matter of fact, as you listened today, the boys a part of my taker in the middle of Grit Week, had a phenomenal interview with Aaron Rodgers. I thought it was really funny, big cat pft. Those boys are fucking hilarious. However, they were in their theme of Grit Week and we see them sit in nice comfort of AC cameras getting set up form nice polos. They stayed clean, not sweaty the entire time and made me think that the boys were pretty fucking gritty.
Speaker 2: In Green Bay.
Speaker 1: There was no access to a c If we did, it was way too loud. If we plugged in too many wires at once, the fucking it wouldn't work. The little thing on the outlet would the light would go red, so nothing would work. But yeah, we were bricking Lambeau. How we couldn't access all the power, I have no clue, but we were sweating the entire time, from eight in the morning until what was it three or four in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: We're at Green Bay.
Speaker 1: No food in us the entire time because we got pretty full the night before by eating the cheese curds and the Asian cuisine at the casino. We had a great time, some money, but it's all good. But we had no food that entire day until after we got done at like four pm, and I was drinking on coffee in the morning, which.
Speaker 2: Had me like coffee, caffeine can give me anxiety.
Speaker 1: And when it was just us out there because we're still in the stage of like how these guys get in here. We're not like we're walking in, Oh, all these these dudes are coming in. We're not professional looking, Like you turn the camera around, like that's pretty much what all of us were wearing walking in, Like, yeah, that's our bus right there. But the anxiety getting lafleur and having five interviews in one day and knowing that I didn't it's hard to do a lot of research on everybody. Then we had the twenty minute time crunch with Aaron Rodgers, which gave me a lot of anxiety. The boys grinded, We sweated our ass off the entire time. We got better we got closer as a unit. We're gonna be rooting for Green Bay. I think this season, especially on the NFC East or NFC side of everything. They're in the NFC what North. I don't even know why I was say in NFC East. I think that's just the old Washington commander and the boy. But a lot of good shit coming out of Green Bay. It's the reason we're gonna go to two a week because we had a lot of cool interviews. I'm really fired up for you guys to listen to the Lafleur and Bisaccia one. That's probably the one I'm fired up most for Preston Smith, AJ Dillon and Bachtiari phenomenal locker room banter talk right there. That's that's the locker room I feel like coming to life. Some good would you rather? I can think you're taking the ask some good would you rather? Some good tear talk, a lot of fun, a lot of laught Aaron like within the time corunch of twenty minutes. It was fucking It was tough figuring out what I wanted to be in that episode because I just listened to the Aubrey Marcus podcast. Rob Tunyan was co hosting with me, his first time ever co hosting. But I wasn't able to talk to him beforehand because he's obviously in training game and getting ready for the season. You have aaron on that has eighteen years seventeen years of playing in the league, and so you're trying to find your way through, like all right, hopefully he doesn't talk too long on this one. Should I ask this question? Should I ask that question? But a very successful trip. We went to Family Night, We got treated up in the press box. What's Matt's last name?
Speaker 2: Do we know?
Speaker 1: Starts with an ass a beat writer And I hate that I'm butchering that because because he always gives us love on all of like anything. Green Bay asking Bisaccia Lafleur if they're going to bring in playoff Willy for a year ten Matt Schneidman shout out the boy, Matt Schnidman, and uh, we got treated well, man, it was It was a good time. Do you guys, would you guys concur would you guys agree with all that? We had a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Garrett and I. We had the door who.
Speaker 2: That could be a shutout? No, for sure, we had the.
Speaker 1: Door in between the rooms where we got to kind of, you know, hang out. The boy cashed out on you guys late at night in the jacuzzi life.
Speaker 2: But would you guys agree that it was a great It was a great time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, phenomenal time.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't want to spend too much time in Green Bay outside of football season, no doubt, take a place you'd maybe want to kill yourself. We we talked about it on Twitter. The population in Green Bay about one hundred and four thousand. The capacity of Lambeau Fields about eighty so thousands. So so, I mean we like to think basically the entire town is at the game every single Sunday. They had about fifty or sixty thousand people. They're just watching a practice. I mean, they fucking die for ball in Lambeau. There's not much else to die for there, but they die for ball. And they's took good care of us. We had a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you said it too, like the entire town like it is a town vibe, Like the main street you grew up on in the small town, Like that is what is right outside of Lambeau Field. You think you're like driving through, you're hitting a couple stop lives. You're seeing, you know, where you're seeing where people live, and you're kind of looking around. The next thing you know, Lambo's right in front of you. Like it was a it's a cool place, but you're right, it's not somewhere you'd want to live. I don't think all year round, no slight at everybody who lives in Green Bay. But at the same time, like that was fucking tough, or it would be fucking tough to live there for a long amount of time.
Speaker 2: Update with the boy, Taylor.
Speaker 1: He wanted me to send you his best wishes coming out of training camp. We talk and it's like you can just tell every time we get on the phone. We just we want to talk about so much, but we know we have like probably in a lotted amount of time or like, man, come over my house, let's do this, Let's do that. We just know we can't do because he's got the training camp stuff going on. I got stuff with the boys, Like we kind of just miss each other on his off day and then he wants to hang out, like he wanted to hang out because for the Baltimore like around the Baltimore game one of his off days. But I was like, oh, I'm going We're going on a family vacation. But you can just tell, like the boy, he misses being on the bus. He misses everybody out there listening. He wanted me to give you his best. He would have been fired up at Green Bay. I think we would have had a lot of fun with me, him, air and everybody who came on the bus. The boy has been grinding and sticking to his routine, waking up at five thirty in the morning, working out beforehand, he claims.
Speaker 3: And I believe him.
Speaker 1: I can tell it by the the commitment in his voice and the passion in his voice. When he's been at the hotel, he's out by eight o'clock. He's getting like, what is that? Almost ten hours of sleep if you add it all up and do it right. But he's clicking, bro. He says, he hasn't been in the the extra cookies laying around. He's like dialed in and he feels really good. As far to say, I would go as far to say as not to put wards in his mouth or anything anything else, but maybe his best start to a camp.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 1: The boy's fired up. He's in very good spirits. He misses us dearly. He can't wait to get back on. And by the way, I think you guys got that voice message. He's gonna do the intro for next week. Your boy's going to Hawaii for a family vacation. Me, the wife, and our little girl roue get a little family vacation until the sixteenth of August. So from the tenth to sixteenth, your boy's gonna be out being a little island boy, and h Taylor's gonna be doing the intro for next week.
Speaker 2: And so but all to say, like Taylor loves.
Speaker 1: And misses you, and he said big hugs, tiny kisses, and yeah, hiring two new people. The search is getting The search is getting dwindled down for everybody who has searched back for me. That's a good thing. Where all you guys are on a short list. I went through probably over three hundred emails and resumez and shit have you guys filtered in from content creators and social media people. We're adding people because we have a small but strong team of four. One contractor in blos Hernandez and the other three who are full time guy who are full time boys with bustling with the boys.
Speaker 2: We gotta add for this season.
Speaker 1: Because again, if we're standing up another segment and another show during the twice a week Traveling Tailgates, Hosting Tailgates, Living on social Media twenty four seven during football season, we need to add a little bit more. We need to add a little bit more to the roster because if not, you guys are gonna get burned out.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a lot of friction.
Speaker 1: You guys are gonna resent me, probably quite a bit throughout the year because I sometimes I just react and I don't think about anything you guys do. So yeah, I think it'll be good. We had some people to the team. That's all the house cleaning, or that's all the house cleaning catching up. Let's get into our favorite segment of the week.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: If you guys are tuned in, we appreciate you guys for fucking tuning in. Subscribe take a second, subscribe to the boys on all the platforms, and if you're looking for the interview, fast forward another five minutes and you'll probably be at the interview with Darren Waller. Guys, before we get into this ad read, make sure if you're here strictly for the d wall episode The Darren Waller episode Fast forward about thirty thirty two minutes and you're gonna be right there to the thirty or thirty two minute mark.
Speaker 2: But we interrupt this episode to bring you the game Time App.
Speaker 1: Game Time is a ticketing app that makes it easier than ever to score last minute deals on tickets to sports, concerts and shows, and they guarantee the lowest price. All the boys in the back, especially Jack in the back. He is going to the Titans game tomorrow on Thursday against Baltimore out in Baltimore. He's traveling out in Baltimore. He's already capped the tickets on the game Time app. The best NFL stayed him to play. We were just in Lambeau. If you guys, everybody the Lambeau, that's everybody Green Bay fans that is tuning into these episodes now from the Rob Tony in one last week. If you guys want to find your best prices, your lowest price, this is guaranteed. Go to the game Time app. The biggest last minute price drops can be found on the seats you thought you could never buy. Download the game Time app. Go to the Account app, create a log in and redeem code. Busting BUSSI in for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply, download game time, last minute, ticket's lowest prices guaranteed back to the episode. This is our shout out no free shout out segment of the week. It is our favorite, one of our favorite fucking segments of the week that we have say consistent on.
Speaker 2: And Blossy are our guy in the back. He's going to start us off.
Speaker 1: I hope you spent a lot of time thinking about this because shout out no free, shout.
Speaker 5: Out of the week is fucking awesome. All right, my shoutout of the week this week? You guys, ever you ever find money in your bogget and stuff like that? Oh yeah, good a feeling right? Well yeah, I had an experience very similar to that, but it was different. So I hadn't been to my house in a while. Sweet, that's not what it is. Here's what exactly. Are very similar. So I went to my house and I checked my mail. I opened the mailbox. I saw a letter, and this letter usually puts fear in people's eyes, puts fear in the heart. It's from the Irs. My heart immediately dropped and I was like, do I even really want to open this letter. I was like, well, I kind of have to because if I don't, then I'll probably be in big trouble. So I opened the letter and I pulled it out and unexpectedly receive a check from the IRS of one hundred and sixty seven dollars.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it was from.
Speaker 5: I ended up calling it said I overpaid in taxes somehow and received a check back.
Speaker 3: So I was hype about it.
Speaker 5: Unexpected so shout out no free shout outs to receiving an unexpected payday.
Speaker 3: Razy, that's a good one, Bossy. Have you spent that money yet?
Speaker 1: Like, that's something where you have so much high energy you figure out what am I doing tonight?
Speaker 5: I thought about it, but I just I haven't been I haven't cashed it yet. I wish I could it, but uh now I haven't.
Speaker 1: And are we like as boss saying that, I feel like we're kind of are we in the like age of you can almost say mail isn't the best way to get a hold of people now, Like so if you don't see it, you're just like, ah, you know it's mail, you prefer male, Hey, But you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like if he throws it away, if it was.
Speaker 1: Something bad, then you had one day You're at court and you're just thinking, like, I mean you guys, shout hit me up on mail, Like I got an email, I got social media, my Instagram tag, Yeah, text me, y'all got my number anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, man, mail me for that shit, jack? What do you got, big dog?
Speaker 4: So for my shout out, no free shut out of the week, it is pretty obvious in my mind. It's going to the Boys in two tone Blue this Thursday, even though it's preseason. This Thursday, the Titans are taking on the Baltimore Ravens in the first game. Robert Eam and I heard on the radio the Baltimore Ravens have not lost a preseason game in five five years.
Speaker 3: So they're twenty deep twenty and oh in preseason. Mark my fucking words.
Speaker 4: The Titans are taking that fucking trophy away from them. The Boys in two tone Blue are coming back. We're so close for about a month from the actual season. What is it Today is Monday, the hold on the eighth, so we got almost thirty days. So football is so fucking back. I'm just so juiced about it. I know everyone here is we're gonna get into a huge grind. We got a lot of work to do this season, and I mean it's an uphill battle for us and the Boys in Blue. But man like, I'm getting chills right now just thinking about that first Sunday, sitting on the couch, Twitter open for eleven hours straight. I mean, there's nothing better. The falls come in, the weather's getting a little cooler.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 4: Right now, yeah, right now, really it's ninety So yeah, got out to the boys in two tone blue.
Speaker 3: That one's a free shadowt for me.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'll always give the Titan segment.
Speaker 3: I mean it's a free one every d the emotion.
Speaker 4: Why so yes to the boys in Blue.
Speaker 3: The Ravens are fucked.
Speaker 1: Hey, And there's no fucking doubt in my mind that whoever the Titans roll out as starters or who they're gonna sit and play whatnot. Vrabel is in there right now preaching that they're undefeated, that they've went twenty in a row, and that is a team key. No matter who's out on that field, them boys are gonna be competing their ass off like it's the fucking super Bowl. And we got to bring some old content out for social media. I already know my meme that's got to come out there. Good luck though to Lamar Jackson, a new friend of mine and we are more than acquaintances on social media.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what that ass come Thursday, JP.
Speaker 3: Yay jack great one. JP.
Speaker 1: I'm you have banger weekend and week out. You're you know people are out there. I see everybody out there commenting. I know it's your group chat that's getting on Twitter and doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, easy, what do you.
Speaker 6: Got my Actually, it's something that happened between you and Garrett just a second ago.
Speaker 1: But I had heard it over I was gonna say. I thought you were gonna say over the weekend. I was like, damn you kiss and tell.
Speaker 6: Nah. But it happened just a little bit ago, and it happened with me and uh. I believe Preston and it's my shout out. No free shout out is when you meet somebody for the first time and you immediately have just like fire dap where the connection where you both like bring it in come out. It's like, hey, that's that was kind of the way we.
Speaker 1: Were in rhythm on hitting that middle finger to that little lock that we do. Sorry, I apologize for taking away.
Speaker 6: Oh you're good, but I could like I was peeing, so I couldn't even see y'all, and I just heard it and then I heard the ooh.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, hey, that was a good one. That's a shout out right there. So yeah, that's my my shadow.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a solid one.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah.
Speaker 7: To add on that though, to add on that, when you do pop like dab somebody up and the pop is so loud and it.
Speaker 2: Echoes, that's true friendship, all right.
Speaker 7: My shout out, no free shout out of the week is when you're driving on the interstate. Maybe it's a road trip. You know, you're driving, you might get a little hungry. You're checking the signs to see what kind of foods on the exit sign?
Speaker 2: Talk to me.
Speaker 7: You know, you're like, ah, that that sign wasn't really hitting it for me. Oh my, that sign wasn't really doing it for me. Maybe one or two options talking naughty boy. So you're like, damn, do I risk and push to the next exit. So my shout out, no free shout out is taking that risk in the next exit sign, having endless options of food, mostly bad for you, but there's hell options.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if wh they go with clap or this? Now that was fire, bro, that was fire.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought today, like, you know, get into good headspace and just have just endless energy. So that's what made me want to hit that split right there. He needless to say, I'm a little horny right now.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, I think I got a good one.
Speaker 2: Boys, I shouldn't have started with that. I need to like let it build up.
Speaker 1: But my shout out, no free shout out of the week goes to true athleticism. As you get older and you can't play sports anymore in life.
Speaker 3: There are a couple.
Speaker 1: There are a couple things that you can do to test your athletic ability to see if you still have it. In my opinion, this is one of them. When you are in your garage and your car is sitting outside. You got the car out and you got to close that garage door, and you're sitting deep in your garage by the door, and you think to yourself, all right, here's the fucking moment that I've been ready to know. Can I hit this garage door button? And as it's closing sprint out, hit the jump over the laser, not trip anything, and land on my two feet and stand there and watch that garage door go down the rest of the way and think I'm still that fucking dude. So my shout out, no free shot out of the week goes to true athleticism where you beat the garage door going down after you press the garage door button, you don't hit the laser, and you stand on your two feet.
Speaker 2: That is my shot out, no free shot out of the week.
Speaker 1: You do sometimes sometimes a little far, like on mine, I'm coming up from like three stairs. There's three stairs, so I gotta land, you know, I gotta jump down. You know how these knees can swell up now and some usually you're not warmed up, like you're not ready for it, and you're like, all right, do I still got it? And when you go over and you hit that little fucking you know, with that little bent over fucking you laying, You're like, yeah, I still fucking got this shit.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for enjoying that segment with us. I hope you guys have as much fun as we do.
Speaker 1: We will now get into the Darren Waller Podcast the reason we will held onto this one and dropped it this week. It's on the eleventh, right, his five year it's the eleventh, right, because I said I said the tenth. I think he corrected me to the eleventh. So Darren's five years of sobriety is on the eleventh. So we wanted to drop it the week this week. That's why we held onto it. This is an incredible podcast. If you guys didn't listen to my first one, Darren Waller, I did it in the January or February of twenty twenty I think, and it was just me and him one on one. He talked, he we peeled the onion back with You guys have heard his story. Probably if you guys are tuning in for this podcast, you guys have heard the story about him basically trying to play sabotage his way out of the league. He odeed in a parking lot to where he woke up the next day he had hit rock bottom because he's he was an AD and did the twelve step program relentlessly work to get back in the league. Was on practice squad, got noticed from the Raiders to a pregame just catching routes and everybody was like, who the fuck is that guy? And they signed him the next week. He ends up playing that he has a hell of a year, finishes out the year with the Raiders, has a hell of a year.
Speaker 2: The next year, reups into a new contract.
Speaker 3: Basically got to start, got to build his.
Speaker 2: Way into another opportunity.
Speaker 1: Fortunately, because opportunities are few and far in between, especially in the NFL, you don't have a lot of lives, and somebody who is in the twelve step program would fails in the drug program, would fail the drug tests all the time. I think he said he's failed one hundred drug tests, like over one hundred.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't happen a lot.
Speaker 1: And I think, like for de Wall to come on here, share that story of the first time around, go check out that episode. It's awesome, and you almost think, like what else can you continue to talk about him? And having this dude come in and sit and we get other perspectives and gems that he was talking about. He got myself emotional because he asked me about my mother, which was a moment that we kind of sat here and shared. I always feel awkward when I get emotional and shout out to my mom's her birthday is without getting into that mode. Her birthdays on the thirteenth this week, So shut out my mom's who's looking down on the boys, but for daring to come in and like talk more on how he's doing now. He woke up at six am, just to let you guys know how he came into this podcast. He's one of the boys, and he was all about doing it. He woke up at six am to take a boxing class and then when was our pod at seven eight in the morning. He comes over here at eight in the morning to do the podcast before he has to do tight End You Day three, right, day two or day three one of those, oh yeah, Wednesday, and then they day one was Thursday. Yeah, Day two was Friday, and then the do tight End You after that, I mean shout out to him for giving us his time.
Speaker 2: And I would slip up and ask him like, have you know do you out with the boys in Nashville?
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah, But you forget, not that you forget, but it's just like a question you just asked is easy to ask did you out Innashville?
Speaker 2: And he's like nah.
Speaker 1: He ends up seeking out somebody in the twelve step program that's in Nashville, and it's going and doing what do they call like those meetings AA meetings?
Speaker 2: Having an AA meeting.
Speaker 1: Here in Nashville with people that you probably met through social media. Maybe the dude is fucking all time. And I hope you guys enjoyed this episode because it is a banger me personally. These are the ones that like live on the whole mount bust more for me because you really dive into what it's like for him, how he's continuing to stay consistent, continuing to keep you know, guard his energy and improve and progress and get better not only as a football player but as a human being. So, without further ado, shout out the boy d wall Yeah, because shiny kisses, enjoy this episode to make sure to subscribe.
Speaker 3: Did you box this morning? Yeah? Where Rumble boxing is right around the corner the hotel? I walked there? Did you like? All Right? So we got Darren Waller back. I'm pretty fired up for it.
Speaker 1: And if you all everybody watch right now, because hey, we've grown a little bit since you've been on.
Speaker 3: I was big, I mean you made it. You help make us bigger.
Speaker 1: That episode if everybody listening, I'm watching right now, Like, go check out. If you haven't checked out the first episode with Darren Waller, go check it out. It was in what two thousand and twenty twenty, probably around the springtime. H That was an incredible episode. Still on Still on the Mount, Still on the Mount rushmore of poz Bro the Mount busmore. Everybody says it, the tier Ones. The OG's like, anyway, that was a go. But we got Darren back. He is in town for tight End University by the time you're listening to this. Yeah'll wait, I'll save that little surprise. I'll save that a little bit. But you're in time for tight End University. You were up, You've went through, you got in Wednesday. Thursday was a long day out in the sun. You were the sweatiest. You probably worked the hardest of all the tight Ends. No disrespect to the tight Ends, but you were drenched, like after the first period.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk about we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: You're out there coaching, You're out there in the middle of the huddles, you're showing guys how to get better at the craft. You're I was just standing there listening to Greg Gohls. So we'll talk about him because I think he's a fucking stud when it comes to like teaching and like like being a sponge around that dude.
Speaker 2: Like the way he teaches I think is incredible.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: And now on Friday, you're up at six am going to boxing and then you got another camp day to day as well. Why why are you boxing at six.
Speaker 3: In the morning?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I mean I just look I like boxing and just the cardio of it.
Speaker 8: Getting up early moving around is a something that's necessary for me part of my routine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got back to my room. I was making a beat.
Speaker 8: They have like this little like stage amp like Nashville kind of vibe thing. Ye making a beat on the room.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So it's just like I don't know my morning routine, like to get my day going, get challenged early.
Speaker 3: And uh so you're you're up that earlier every day. Uh Yeah.
Speaker 8: I used to try to wake up with the with the sunrise. Like I listened to you listen to Huberman Lab Nope podcast. It's just like neuroscientists. One of my coaches put me onto and he was talking about how to sleep better. You gotta like get your circadian rhythm going and like be outside and like getting natural sunlight and it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: But you'll step outside and everything.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm trying to implement that into my routine because so I'm not just staring at the ceiling at night.
Speaker 2: Are you have you been uh have you built a friendship at all with a mirabdulla?
Speaker 3: Yeah? A mirror doula is he's he's like that. Yeah, he's like that.
Speaker 1: He's all about all that stuff. He's been on the bus, but like that's my boy since college. But he's very much like waking up with the sun sunlight. I listened to your podcast on Pivot phenomenal episode by the way, with those with those guys. Uh, but talking about how you went to Utah like a mirror goes on trips by himself. Yeah, with the recorder, like with the Yeah, I picked up by like a like a tornado and uh, man, where did he go this last offseason Iceland? And there's like a snowstorm. He was out like early in the morning going out to get footage and a snowstore. Like a little ice storm or snowstorm picked up in this little tornado lifted him off the ground and like he has it on film, but he's out in Iceland by himself.
Speaker 8: Bro Hey, nah, I knew I loved the mirror because he was a He got to the team early this off season, and I'll see him doing like these like these like caveman body movements like this is like after we run, after we work out, He's in there working like these movements. So I'm like, oh no, everybody's not doing those movements. And then it's like we got to practice, and I guess, like the Patriot way, like they like doing all these like angle like one on one tackling like and he is shaking people's souls out their body like you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Where you run around the cone, and then everybody's kind of meeting in the middle just looking.
Speaker 3: Bro, he out there, you see.
Speaker 8: And then I ran to him at the pool one day, I guess where he stays at, and he's talking about how he's out in Joshua Tree film and something, and I was like, oh, yeah, I fuck with a mirror.
Speaker 3: Bro A mirror is like that man, that is my dude, and that's somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like y'all ways buy for sure, especially if you're waking up at trying to wake with the sunrise and everything else. So you got to Nashville and you just like look for a boxing class that's nearby, and you're like, I'm gonna just go do it, or do you know somebody.
Speaker 8: So when I was out here last year, I went to there's a there's like a spin class cycle bar right next door, like riding bike, like peloton type of stuff, and so I did that last year and I was like, let me go do that.
Speaker 3: And then I saw rumble boxing was right there, so I was like, you go do that.
Speaker 2: So your training are you just kind of like you do classes.
Speaker 1: Do you have like a certain regimen for you and yourself and you have like a trainer, you know how guys have personal trainers. Guys are big into like strength training and everything else. Like how do you handle your like off seasons and you're like training regian. Yeah, I got a guy back in Georgia that I do strength training with. See for a performance my.
Speaker 3: Boy Corey shout out free shoutouts man.
Speaker 8: But yeah, it's a lot of like you know, rotational power, like just like movements that translate to the field. And then I do like boxing classes there. I'll do pilates, yoga and hit the field. I'd just like to mix it up, keep keep me on my toes.
Speaker 1: If if the NFL if like a lot of players, if there was like a boxing tournament you like yourself, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like getting doing things against people is different.
Speaker 8: I've never done that, so I can't really say like I'm good on the mits, I'm good with the combos, like I feel like I'm kind of crisp with that. But I feel like, get in front of somebody else, I don't even want to act like I can just hop in there.
Speaker 2: Have you like, have you sparred or anything?
Speaker 1: No, I don't play on it. You don't plan on it, like when you're done. You don't plan like being like what's his name, Frank Gore?
Speaker 3: You just have that itch.
Speaker 2: You just can't not compete, you.
Speaker 3: Know, No, I understand. I understand that. But for me, like I know I won't have that itch. How much?
Speaker 2: How much the longer do you see yourself playing?
Speaker 3: Oh? I was telling them.
Speaker 8: I was telling myself like at least like one more contract and then evaluated from there, because.
Speaker 3: It's just like, yeah, when is your is your deal up?
Speaker 2: After this year?
Speaker 8: I have two more years left on my current deal, but no guaranteed money. So that's why it's like all the guys contract houpla.
Speaker 3: So you know, put another year under the bell. Next year could be a little nice for the boy. We'll see then.
Speaker 1: I never know, man, there's so many things like I want to dive in and talk about. I guess before we get too much into like what everybody loves talking to you about, like all the deep stuff like your sobriety and all that stuff I do want to talk about, like tight end you and how like I want you to speak on what you get out of it and like what you think of the overall event, because I like, I sat in as an honorary tight end yesterday and the meetings and stuff like that, and I just I was there interviewing guys at the hotel the day before, and uh, I just think the way that they put that thing on, man, Like, No, I don't know if position groups are doing it like that, but if position groups do, or guys like having Itch to put something on like that, they need to talk to George Travis and Greg because bro Gift Suites having a like staying in a nice hotel, having like the.
Speaker 3: Pt Cairo's Breath classes yoga monstered by like household name brands.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Boys and Girls Club coming in with movie cameras out there yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yes, bro, this shit is wild and like the camaraderie, Like I don't know how them boys do it at nighttime, like in the evening, like after being in the sun all day. Line, y'all are running around. But so how do these guys like want to go out auto that? But the way that they put it together and do it, and how structure and regimented it is, and how on point with the catering of food and all that, Like, I think it's like top notch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know how it could be any better, Like like you said, also they give us in being at Vanda built now, like they up the facility double the amount of guys, But even when we're on the field, it didn't feel like it was double the amount of guys. Where they broke it up, it was it flowed naturally. Didn't feel like I was just sitting around or board or anything.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: There's eighty five guys here, yeah, and there's like forty last year. That's that's nuts, man, And it seems like everybody's sounding fun. Like I was talking to Foster like what he likes so much about it yesterday on the field, and He's like, I enjoy so much because there's like no ego, Like everybody's coming in here legit, trying to learn from each other.
Speaker 2: Right, what's something you feel like you get out of it? Personally?
Speaker 3: I just like seeing how guys move around, how they carried themselves.
Speaker 8: It's like what confidence looks like for them, just like the human side of them so and then also like picking up tips and stuff like they have Dallas Clark out there. But you know, I just like the human side of guys and just see how they mentally approach things, how you know they stay present to the moment, and how they just like take things and apply to their game and how they learn, you.
Speaker 1: Know, where they're uestions or comments yesterday that had like sparked you that, like you gravitated towards more or like a couple of guys that maybe you heard speak or watched on the field that you know sparked your interest to like you, I want to I want to know more about like what this guy does with his routine or I want to pick his brain a little bit more like within this rock concept, technique, mental, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 8: It was definitely Dallas Clark for sure. Just I mean the relationship that he seemed to have with his quarterback. I was asking him about, you know, how you go about navigating that and you know, you know, saying things without like feeling like you're stepping on somebody's toes, but like but really saying what you want to say you need to say at a particular time or like, and he crafted like his own little red zone roll like they were just kind of like throwing into the goalpost over the middle of the field, because like me, you know, there's a lot of times in the past couple of years where I felt like I didn't have like it was like a clear defined attack in the red zone or like a plan for me specific Like it was just kind of like what the fuck am I doing?
Speaker 3: Sometimes?
Speaker 8: But now I kind of feel like that's something that's in place with Josh and developing just off of this off season alone. So it's kind of asking him about, how did your role in the red zone come about? Because that's a that's a that's a big thing, like like for me, like there's no reason why my big ass shouldn't be you know, oh yeah, but homeonating in the red zone at all times, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because he spoke and one thing he did say is like, think of any great quarterback and you know you really can't think of one without them having a great tight end, right, And he spoke on the relationship that like getting with your quarterback and everything else.
Speaker 3: How would you how would you describe your in DC's relationship. I don't think it could be any better.
Speaker 8: You know, it's a you know, one where we talked like real life stuff or just like every day stuff and can joke. But then like on the field, it's like, you know, he wants me to do something different, he can tell me and I won't get my feelings. And then and then he'll he'll be like he'll be the first one to be like, oh man, I could have made that throw better, or you know, I'll get it up higher, I'll get it there quicker.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 8: So it's like one where we can share information and say something where the other one doesn't feel like we're attacking each other because we actually like each other and talk to each other.
Speaker 1: You know, we interrupt this episode to bring you Roman Boys. Testosterone is an important part of a man's body and health. Any way, it is an important part of a man's body and health. But men's testosterone starts to deplete with age, which is why it's important you start to support it early. Signs of low t can include a decline and energy and stamina, weight gain, hair loss, low sex drive, and not having that morning wood right when you wake up in the morning. That is actually the best if you want to know if you're going low on tea, that is the best measuring stick, No pun intended.
Speaker 3: That is the Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: That's the best measuring stick of knowing if your tea is deteriorating. Roman's testas Support supplements were designed by real doctors to help men maintain their body's natural tesosterone production. The daily settlement includes six nutrients to help support testosterone levels, bone health, and muscle development. Who wouldn't want to have the proper levels of tasosterone in their body?
Speaker 2: No, who wouldn't. Nobody go to get Roman.
Speaker 1: Dot com slash Busting Boys to get fifteen dollars off your first order of Roman Tea Support. That's get Roman dot Com slash Busting Boys to get your first order of Roman Tea support. Sorry, they were repeating me down there and I didn't want to go into the bold bowls.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But again, that's get Roman dot Com slash Bussing Boys. Guys.
Speaker 1: This is a natural way to support and maintain your tea levels. Go check the boys out, try them and you get fifteen dollars off your first order. Get Roman dot Com slash Busting Boys. Back to the episode, do you feel like you have that same and I know it's not Do you not feel like you have that same ability? Because I mean the seas I mean, he's awesome. You could probably talk to him in the same way. But I know, listening to your podcast on the Pivot, you talked about developing yourself vocally right, being more comfortable within your personality. Yeah, do you feel like you've you're developing that more now? Like, do you feel more confident with yourself and your personality? Do you feel like you can speak to DC the same way DC speaks to you in a way that you know, Guys that are receiving it on the other end aren't like because you said it yourself.
Speaker 2: You're like, guys, I'm not like getting my feelings.
Speaker 1: Is it a thing to where you just don't know if guys do so you kind of like you don't want to step on nobody's toes or do you feel like you've grown in that aspect this off season?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like I've grown just in just having tough conversations with people in general, whether whatever it be, because usually, like before, I was just like timid and didn't want to have those conversations, and I was like, you know, always a guy that was getting suspended and stuff. So I would just kind of be like in the room, like quiet in the back and not saying anything. So I said something maybe like you didn't motherfucking that was, you know, doing all that? You're talking about something that So that's the times that's going through my mind. So I just like won't say nothing, or it was like there's something that I feel like I want to say. I'm like, ah, man, Like I could still be in that mindset, but I had to realize, like that's not who I am anymore, and I deserve to have a voice because I'm not somebody that's here just trying to take for myself, like I actually care about the goodness of the team and the collective. So anything that I say is going towards that, So I don't need to like just tripp in my mind.
Speaker 1: Are there things that have happened that it have allowed you to get over that hump or step that you've made, or anything that you've like studied on your own that's made you feel more comfortable for other than just being like, you know, now I'm Darren Waller. I feel like I've put up, you know, the the accolades and the stats now to say it, like, are there things that have happened for you that's been like I need I need to get out of my own fucking head and have this conversation because a conversation delayed is like conflict multiplied. So I just need to have this thing before it like snowballs into something worse. You just said something right there, so I appreciate that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But I mean it's just like the men that are mentors in my life just constantly like you know that you have to have the tough conversation. It's just like the character building that comes from that because you're not having that conversation is essentially selfish because you know, you could be saying something that could and bringing honesty to the table for somebody else, helping them see something differently, But instead you don't want to have that confrontation, so you're keeping them in the dark. And then you're also, you know, letting that build up inside yourself, so it's like, I have to go through with it. And then when you go through with it, you feel better about yourself and you can go grow confidence because you're like, I'm not shying away from what's difficult.
Speaker 1: I'm actually going towards it, and you realize it's not as bad as much you probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing never as bad. It's like, damn, why fuck was that tripping about that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you've been able to build that just with the McDaniels coming in and like talking with Foster and a mirror and guys that have spoken highly of him, and reading the things that you've said about him about the process and the details, and probably probably being very open about talking about the offense Foster says, the entire offenses in there getting coached up and guys are here, you're in different messaging.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like a lot of that stuff has allowed you to bring up.
Speaker 1: Your own conversations and guys are just a lot more open when speaking with each other.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's just a it's just a real environment. And then they come in and they're like, hey, the more you do and the more that you earn, the more that you'll get.
Speaker 3: Right. That's how it is.
Speaker 1: What do you feel like coach McDaniels has done, like the differences that you've seen, like just coming in and implementing his process oriented Patriot way, like playing for coach Rayball. Was talking with Foster on a couple of things that of Rabel day because Rabel was with Belichick. McDaniel's been with Belichick forever. Like, what are some things that have really like stood out to you that's like helped you be like, oh, this is that dude?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean at first, it's like if you put ego to the side, like he's sending people on laps, like if you cause a penalty or if you jump all.
Speaker 8: Size or you yeah, like you're you're running like it's like it's not none personally, not trying to make you look bad, or.
Speaker 3: It's like he wants you to.
Speaker 8: Like cause it's gonna it's gonna penalize you. It's gonna penalize everybody on game day. So he wants you to, like you gotta feel that, like to know where it's like, are you were in that lap and it's one hundred degrees at training camp?
Speaker 3: Be like, oh, no, I'm not gonna do that. I'm not doing that shit nomore. Yeah. So it's things like that, and then.
Speaker 8: I mean just different ways of installing plays, Like they'll be like they'll have a big screen up in the indoor and we'll like walk through it because a lot of guys.
Speaker 3: You know, you sit in that chair taking them notes, you start fading.
Speaker 8: Yeah, It's like he'll mix it up and have all kinds of different tapes and cut ups and things like that. So it's like by the time you go on the field and walk through, it's like, if you don't know, it's because you intently didn't put time in to retain that shit, because it's like there's plenty of resources there.
Speaker 1: And it stands out that you're not like putting the time in. How exciting is it to have fucking Davante Adams added to the squad and Chandler Jones.
Speaker 3: I'll think anybody would be mad at those pickups.
Speaker 1: You know, just bro Hunter Renfro gets re upped, like y'all got a little squad man.
Speaker 3: Yeah sure you excited. Yeah yeah, it should be explosive for sure.
Speaker 1: You know you have a you have like cert goals for yourself, Like individually, you're a big goal guy. Because I when I was listening to your conversation with the Fellas on the Pivot, You've talked about like journaling a lot and not necessarily having like specific goals for a day or a week or something like that.
Speaker 3: Like are you a big goal guy? Are you more of like you spoke on being in tune more with principles.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I just moved by principles because like goal, like certain goals, like maybe.
Speaker 3: A lot of guys said, are results based.
Speaker 8: And it's like I feel like no matter what I may put in, no matter how much I may give, like those results may not happen. Like I really don't have that much control over what the end result looks like for me. I know I can control like what preparation looks like, what effort looks like, what my attitude looks like. And with those three things, I have those hitting on you know the level that they should be on. I feel like the results will take care of themselves because I could go out there and be like, oh yeah, fifteen hundred yards, then I can have thirteen hundred and forty nine yards and be like it was a failure. And it's like I don't think that that's you know, conductive towards just my peace of mind and how I live my life. You know, I'll just you know, I can live with the results as long as, like I said, I'm prepared and I have good effort and my attitude is there, and just keep it as simple as that and just enjoy the people that I'm playing the game with and just let that take care of itself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you feel like that's hard at times?
Speaker 1: Like last year for instance, Like you know, you were a thousand yard cat up until you got injured last year, right, you landed like shy of seven hundred last year, but with five weeks of playing like you probably like if you're a guy who has a goal of like I'm gonna have a thousand yards like every year, and you don't make that last year because you're injured, Like, right, it's when.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that happens.
Speaker 1: Is it hard to where you have to like lean into that process oriented mindset that you created for yourself, or has it become so natural to where you really just weren't tripping off that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little bit of both.
Speaker 8: Last year, I feel like if there's a season that I learned the most from, it was just with life, it was it was last year, you know, really just.
Speaker 3: Because you know there's certain points of the year.
Speaker 8: It's like you at the beginning of the year, in that first game against Baltimore where it was just like, you had like nineteen targets in the game.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you was all my fantasy team.
Speaker 8: And then it's like and then there's, uh, you go through like halfway point of the season, there's like probably like four games or so where I only had like five targets, and so then it's kind of like it was like you're up here, and then you cut down and then it's like at this point where we played like Cincinnati and I had one hundred something yards, I felt like I was heating up. I was going to that Dallas game and I was like, I felt like I was gonna go crazy that day. And I had a couple of catches early on and then I got my knee rolled up, and I was like, dang, I was out for six weeks. And then after those six weeks, the first practice I was supposed to be back, I got COVID that morning and it.
Speaker 2: Was just like oh yeah, yeah, when everybody was yeah, and.
Speaker 8: You know, so it's just like all those things kind of forced me to sit still and be like, you know, not base my self worth off of my performance.
Speaker 1: You know, well, what made what point of the year made it difficult to where you like learn the most about yourself? Or was it that combination of all of it, because you guys obviously went through a lot of like turmoil with groon and and rugs and your injury and a lot of stuff happened in like the wave the roller coaster of nineteen catches and then a few catches or whatever the case may be. Targets, Yeah, what do you feel like, what was the moment where you feel like you really had to check yourself?
Speaker 3: It was all that.
Speaker 8: It was moments where in the games where I'd have five targets because it's like, you know, it's still an industry where it's like, you know, your stats provide your value, and I feel like you know, I'm somebody that should have tan of game where it's like, you know, you gotta swa you gotta swallow your pride and realize it's you know, it's team oriented and we're winning these games, and so it's like, you know, what's really more important here? Is it me getting mine or is it you know, being a part of something that's great and that's and that's developing and that's building. So it's like, you know, really checking your ego and like what your intentions are there. And then even when I was injured, it was just like, man, like you know, having these you know, bro, I'm a drug aud at the end of the day, so I'm having these like wild ass thoughts like that's just the disease I have.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, man, don't need me. They went in and I'm out.
Speaker 8: Like so it's like checking those thoughts and realizing it's like it shouldn't be based off of you know, what's going on and like, you know, just because I'm out of the picture. It should be you know, supporting this team and stay committed to this team and realizing that you know, I can provide value in ways where it's just like my performance or my stat line week to week, or people seeing me as a top fantasy, this, this, and that.
Speaker 3: It's just like, no, I can still be there.
Speaker 8: I can still be a leader, and it's just finding a way to do that even though I'm not out there necessarily doing it. I can still provide value to this team and just always think about what I can give rather than what I can get. And I feel like those lessons were really kind of ingrained in me last year. You said a lot right there.
Speaker 1: All right, we interrupt this episode to bring you boys at Duke Cannon. No free shout outs to Duke Cannon deodorant. Their deodorant is made for guys who run hot Listen. I'm gonna let you in on a little bit of my personal journey with deodorant.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 1: I didn't have access to my Duke Cannon. I was on the move, so I'd do use somebody else's after my workout this morning. And this is exactly what happens when you don't use Duke Cannon dry ice.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I know you guys are looking at my arms, but try not to look at my arms and notice the underarm sweat that does not occur when you use dry ice, and if it does, it'll just be a little bit the guys who sweat.
Speaker 2: You guys know what I'm talking.
Speaker 3: About, to worry.
Speaker 1: If you have a good quality product, it'll just be like a strip or two because it's trying to protect you as much as possible.
Speaker 3: That's because dry ice.
Speaker 1: It feels like we say it all the time, but you have little ac units sitting right under your armpits throughout the entire day. You almost feel like you're sweating because it gets so chilly under there at times and it kind of confuses you. Another favorite of mine is our biggest brick of soap. The boy Taylor was just shouting it out on Instagram. He's got it hanging up in his locker. A lot of the boys around the wad League or using their biggest brick of soap with the scrubber because it has a little scrubber case to use when you're around all the boys in the shower scrubbing your little boys. They also a hair washed, hairstyling beard care. They have all this shit. Go check out Duke Canada at any target or on Duke Cannon dot com and use code busting b us b U S s i n for fifteen percent off your first order. That's Duke Cannon dot com and using code busting for fifteen percent off your first order, or check the boys out at any target nearby.
Speaker 2: Back to the episode. I hope you guys are enjoying it so much.
Speaker 1: I do want to say though, like the whole, the whole addic thing, Like you're going on five years, bro, Yeah, like you you might use that as like a chip on your shoulder, but you're also like not that anymore, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 1: I feel like that could be like a defense mechanism just to say that, right, and to like create like an anchor or foundation for people sitting around you and listening. But I feel like everything that you've been doing these last five years, like that's also not you anymore, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I will say now, I'll say, like this episode is going to drop on Wednesday. It's gonna be August tenth, which August eleventh is the anniversary, correct, right, so you'll be we'll have five years of sobriety for Darren Waller on August eleventh, So when everybody's listening to.
Speaker 3: This August August eleven was the last day that I August twelfth is my clean day.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so August twelfth is a clean day. So which day are we going with?
Speaker 3: Twelfth? Twelve, twelfth?
Speaker 1: So when you're listening to this on the tenth, it's Wednesday right now. On Friday, we'll be in the midst of training camp, or Darren will be in the midst of training camp. My man will be five years sober. Let's get that's a big old boys.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Bro, what do you feel like, Hey, I want to rattle some stuff off for you because I actually wrote this down.
Speaker 3: Your host is prepared everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So since then, bro, and this is all like this is this is both within the confines of the NFL, but on the field and off the field. But three thousand plus yards, you've been a pro bowler, a two time NFL Top one Hunter player, Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee, and Pop Warner.
Speaker 2: Youth Award, the Pop Warner Interaction Youth Ward like.
Speaker 3: You were odd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and when you explaining it like an Xbox being unplugged, a TV being unplugged, like rock Bottom working at Sprouse for eleven dollars an hour, right, and now you've accomplished these things.
Speaker 2: In the last five years.
Speaker 1: Like what do you think about when you think of your five years of sobriety, Like what do you look back on?
Speaker 2: Like what are you proud of?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: I think that's major, bro, you know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Like people look up to you like so hard for It's still hard for me to comprehend that sometimes. And it's just like even when people like we'll see them and be like, oh, that's Darren Waller, I'm just like why, Like why.
Speaker 3: Are you coming? You know, I don't know. I feel still feel like I'm just like, you know the same.
Speaker 1: Because you're like it's it's you walk around as the football player Darren Waller, which obviously you're a fucking monster, but like everything you've overcome in these last five years, like you mean so much more to people than just football, right, Like personally I look up to you. I watch you walk around all the fellas yesterday and everything else, and you're like, yo, that dude, Like your people are like proud of you, and people are like fired up. And then when you speak, people listen because you've done so much to work on yourself like since then, right, you know what I mean? Like I want you to talk about what you think about, like when you think of this stuff, like when you look back, like, man, I'm really when you reflect, when you journal, when you have gratitude, Like what are things you look back on and you're like, you're like proud of Darren Waller.
Speaker 8: I think I'm proud of the fact that I made it a habit to seek routes in my life that were uncomfortable, Like it was uncomfortable to go to rehab its, uncomfortable to you know, go to meetings. It was uncomfortable to work at sprouts and work for the salary that I was working for, especially from the salary that I was coming from, just like all the humbling experiences that came from that, even just training to get back to getting reinstated.
Speaker 3: You know, there wasn't really like a define thing to work towards.
Speaker 8: It was just like I'm gonna work and hope that I get a chance, but there's no chance guaranteed here, So I'm just gonna work just to work and then just you know, staying just working on like mindfulness and things like that, just stay in present to the moment really helped, and not tripping too much about the future. But yeah, I mean just and then not necessarily necessarily getting too high and too low with the cards that I was deu I got reinstated, but then I got cut and I was on practice squad and it was like I knew they were gonna kind of hide me, and because nobody was gonna touch me with my track record at the time, but I chose I was able and I have the skills to choose a positive attitude and be like, well I can just you know, this is me. I'm being hidden for a reason. Like I feel like God isn't giving these things right away because my character still has to develop to be able to hold up a certain level of success. Is why I don't have If it was given to me the little sccess I have now is given to me in twenty sixteen, it would be a car wreck, Like you know, you know what I'm saying, Like, so I don't know, just staying with the process and not being necessarily worried about when things would happen, but just you know, staying in the work and focusing on like I said, like my character development as opposed to when certain results would come my way, and then it's like you kind of look up along the way and like my like the results are coming and it's like okay. But like a lot of people put their feet up and kick their feet up when good things start happening. But for me, it's just like I don't know, man, Like I feel like if I kick my feet up, like there's a lot there's a lot of dark shit I could go back to if I start getting comfortable.
Speaker 3: So it's just like, you know, staying in that discomfort.
Speaker 2: What are like, I just you know, I know that's good.
Speaker 1: That's that's tough for everybody just to create like that type of like diligence in their life. What are a couple of things that you like, I guess hang your hat on when you look back, not hang your hat on, but but really a test things too? Is it like creating a routine and having mentors or certain or certain therapies in your life, because that shit is hard to do, especially when you come from like uh, I can only imagine what like an addiction mindset is. But what everybody, especially in America, like it's like it's all about chasing the next thing and being on this hamter hamster wheel of success, right, and you also about slowing down, like not worrying about results, Like I know that takes a lot of like diligence to like cultivate that. Like, what are a couple of things that you would say or a test that you're like, Man, these are a couple of things I have to have no matter what that's going to continue to allow me to have this mentality about it.
Speaker 2: Is it therapy, is it mentors? Is it a routine? Is it structure?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 8: What what are those things? Yeah, my guy Donnie would call it non negotiables. Uh in the morning. It's like you know, meditation and prayer, these journal things haven't Yeah, have the therapist for me. It's going to meetings. Like I went to a meeting last night as opposed to riding the I don't know whatever, the the.
Speaker 2: Pedal thing down and Broadway.
Speaker 8: I got connected and this old dude out of Steve can't pick me up. Went to a meeting Like what kind of meeting? Like a twelve step meeting? Damn man, Yeah, that's just like an episcopal church. And you just you just you found him through somebody else. So you found him through it's a dude that I'm like a ogi that I'm connected to.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm being Nashville for me, and he's like, I know, I know, just a guy. And so I went with him.
Speaker 8: And it's like, you know, going to meetings regularly and having a community of people, uh in the meeting environment. And so I have those people like outside of football, so I can go there and just like you know, be able to focus on the human beings, reading books, you know, making music does a lot for me, uh as far as you know, filling my cup up. So it's making sure all those things are all in the mix. You still you're still making beats like that, Yeah, I told you I was making one this morning.
Speaker 2: Man, Hey we need one. It's funny, bro, I may so we like don't have we don't have one.
Speaker 8: I forget about beats all the time, Like I'll make him and like I won't patter them out, I won't finish him right. And so the other day I think maybe been like a week ago, I found this beat and it was called r I P.
Speaker 3: Miss Compton.
Speaker 8: I made it the day that I think the news hit that your mom passed. And so I was like making this beat, and I ended up going back and finishing it like a few days ago, and I was like, like, this is weird because I appreciate that. Man, You're gonna get me emotional right now. No, that's awesome. Oh getting boys?
Speaker 3: How do you how do you like?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: How do you how do you agree with that?
Speaker 8: Because my best friend's mom died like three years ago, and and she died from alcoholism, and he's he's sober now, like his mom drank basically like drank herself to death. And it's like and he is like, I don't know if it ever really gets better, because he's always like.
Speaker 1: Man like, no, man, it never like gets better. I mean it gets like I guess easier to cope with, but it's just hard, bro. It's just like, you know, it's one of those things where somebody that you just.
Speaker 2: My bad man.
Speaker 1: No, bro, I know it's all good to crowd to it, just like you just get this uh silence, you know, just like life happens quick, bro. And when we were traveling to Cleveland and when it all happened and went down, it was.
Speaker 3: Just like a you know, a blood clot and it's just over and this is a.
Speaker 2: It's just like.
Speaker 1: You know, people who are close with their parents, or you talk about your best friend or thinking of somebody enough to like, you know, I made this beat, and you know, some somebody like super important just leaves and there's no like there's no like calls or anything else. Yeah, I don't know how I like.
Speaker 3: Grieve with it other than like feel these emotions.
Speaker 8: Right, That's what I feel like we talked about like over the last five years for my journey. It's like the best thing for me is like feeling everything, you know, because the foundation of like addiction is like I don't like the way that I feel right now, so I'm trying to change it as quick as possible. Yeah, realizing and feeling what you feel is when you learn the most, like and you really truly experience life. You know, life is supposed to be all, you know, great and everything, like there's loss, like it's pain and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But it's like if I try to blot out all the pain and everything, and there's like I.
Speaker 8: Don't really have a realistic scale for what's good or not, and so everything kind of just gets numbed out.
Speaker 3: So it's like there's no way around.
Speaker 1: And it's hard to because like being emotional in front of people so hard, Like it's one of the emotions like you wish you could just get away from right, but you know it's not like you know it's important, and you know it's not as again, it's not as big of a deal as you feel like it is. Like when it's happening, it's just hard, bro. Like I was Mama's boy and there wasn't like signs of of anything happening. Like she was like my accountant. She did everything, like she would drive sixteen hours to move me from house to house and drive by herself because it didn't bother her, Like she would do anything everything.
Speaker 9: For her boys. And uh, that's just hard, bro. Mom gets a free shout out for show h. Yeah, appreciate y'all boys. Yeah man, the hardest part is definitely having a daughter now. But yeah, man, that's just tough. You know you like listen to music, shout out to your song on JP that you sent me.
Speaker 2: Guys like n F.
Speaker 3: You know who n F is. Yeah, I got put on I got to put on him recently. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you said that about your best friend and his mom done an alcoholism like his mom died like overdosing and pills and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And he's somebody that.
Speaker 1: Like his lyrics grab from like a deep part of him that I'll sit there and like listen to.
Speaker 2: But uh, it's yeah, it's it's it's not easy.
Speaker 3: And it never will be.
Speaker 1: And I've had a like a lot of people help me, like give me things, like Mike who came on. He he had a big message to me when it had happened that like really resonated with me on mastering yourself.
Speaker 3: And there's always a little kid in you that once mom or dad when something goes wrong and.
Speaker 10: And uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, like there's no I don't have an answer of sobody does. Like I'm all ears for it, but it's like feel the emotions, man, Like it sucks because you get pissed off when you think about it too much because you it's like the why question and everything else. But you realize you can't live in it that long because how would that person want you to be living right now?
Speaker 2: And they didn't raise you to not fold.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying like people who go through that, everybody grieves in their own way, but in my mind, I'm like my mom didn't raise me to fold in times, or you don't feel like you want to do shit, or you just yeah, you just want to sit in your feelings and like tell everybody else to fuck off.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'll gather myself here fully in a minute. No, but I appreciate you saying that, and I feel like it brings up emotion too, because.
Speaker 2: All of you guys were really uh, like they're.
Speaker 1: For me when you're playing a game, and you know, I would have dudes coming up. Solomon Thomas was somebody that I think about that I like didn't do solid Yeah, solid dude, and everybody was like this.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just saying Solomon.
Speaker 1: But you come back in the facility after that like week long of going to the funeral and everything else, and you're playing a game like you're playing a performance based game where I'm even at the funeral and everything else, and you're kind of wondering, like, man, I'm talking with coach Pisatci. He was so good to me, Mayo. The organization was so good to me during that time. And you have the anxiety of like I need to get back soon, or like I had just gotten there and if I put two games on not being there, like they like they don't have any reason to like keep me or you just have those anxieties built up because we like live in this performance based world right throughout our entire life with it.
Speaker 3: It's our career.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when I got back, everybody like messages like man, say Jones saying something after a game like I saw everything, and uh, the team just was so fucking cool to me about it. Not that people aren't gonna be like good to you about it, but I just felt like when I got there, like Solomon's like hugging me, and I barely known this dude. Like teammates that I barely knew are like coming up to me, like, and you feel like they're really there in front of you.
Speaker 2: They're not just like saying like, hey, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sorry about your loss. Man, Like you like feel like they're in front of you and they're like listening to you. Right, So it's just brought up the kind of emotion. Now A word from our sponsor Better Help No free shout out to the boys of Better Help. How well would you take care of your car if you had to keep the same one your entire life. That's how our brains work, so why don't we treat them that way? How we care for our minds affects how we experience life, so it's important to invest time and care into keeping them healthy. There are plenty of wastes of to support a healthy brain, like learning a new language or taking power naps.
Speaker 2: There's also Better Help online therapy.
Speaker 1: What better pod for them to sponsor than the one you're listening to right now with Darren.
Speaker 2: Waller where he talks about therapy.
Speaker 1: He talks about his AA classes, having a mentor checking in with himself. I am a big believer. My wife and I we did premarital counseling. We continue to do couples therapy. But Better Help is online therapy that offers video, phone and even live chat only therapy sessions, so you don't have to see anyone on camera if you don't want to. It's much more affordable than in person therapy. You can be matched with a therapist in under forty eight hours. Our listeners are getting ten percent off their first month at betterhelp dot com slash busting. That's better h lp dot com slash busting. Guys use this resource if you're even thinking about it, why not give him a shot and sit there and learn a little bit more about yourself and help tackle whatever problems that you think are in your life. Seriously, use this resource betterhelp dot com slash busting. Now back to the episode, but yeah, to uh to pivot off that we are looking for beats all busting with the boys, and again, I do appreciate you bringing that up. That was like anytime that happens, I know, it just gets really quiet around me. We're on camera and like lights are on and stuff, and like I hate, like, as men, you hate being emotional as it is, and it's just like you feel like it's tough to navigating for me. Like, when I feel like I'm in that emotion, it's hard for me to like crawl out of it because I'm like, you just kind of want to sit here and cry harder, but then you keep yourself from crying harder, and so then I just start talking and you feel like in your voice and you just know, like right, it's just it's just shitty, dude, And there's really no like perfect way to cope with everything.
Speaker 3: But shut up moms man, Yeah, shut up moms everywhere.
Speaker 1: But I did want to ask, like, as you're kind of talking through like all the development that you and going through, are there certain philosophies you you lean into more than others, or authors that you enjoy not more than others, or that you like cling towards, or or books that you that you've read recently that you would that you would shout out or like put people on or like hey, this this episode really helps me.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, There's a book I read, uh not too long ago. It's called The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry, and it's a it's a pastor. His name is John Mark Comer, amazing author just the way he breaks uh shit down.
Speaker 3: And that book was basically just saying, how like hurt Like like the spirit of hurry is like.
Speaker 8: Like the opposite of like a like a spiritual life, because like we hurry from thing to thing or like we gotta get this done and we got to get to this next thing, you know, or get to this next relationship or level up or whatever, and it's like we don't take time to just sit and just be and like reflect and you know, pray and just create and create that time. You know, that's where it's like I really started owning, uh, like going on trips by myself and uh, you know he talks about you know, taking a day sometimes to just be by yourself, or like taking a day to like say no words like and just like be in silence.
Speaker 3: And it's just like things like that to just get you to slow down.
Speaker 8: And and like there's this last chapter of the book where he recommends things to do, and he's like he recommends driving in the speed limit, doing the speed limit and being like in the slow lane, or like seeking out the longest line in the grocery store and standing in it and forcing yourself to wait and forcing yourself to like develop patience and to not like get things exactly when you want them, but to just like slow down and not be trying to hustle and bustle and move so fast and just like you know, create this own pace or whatever. The pace that you know, God wants you to move at is what you can own. And it's like I really took from that because it's like, especially in the football industry, it's like man man, man, bam, and it's like, yeah, you start to see like your coaches, like mental health are just like shot and they're just like, oh yeah, like just strung out. And it's like all these guys are and they're just like so anxious all the time. Everything's so regimented.
Speaker 1: Like when you get done with practice, you you want to go and do your movement work, your prep work, your recovery stuff.
Speaker 2: I gotta go make disappointment that appointment. Uh do you do these practices?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What are a couple that you've you've done? You see after seeing it, it's like I can't see. Like sometimes I do the speeding of one. Sometimes I don't.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not gonna go out here in cap like sometimes I'll do it because like a lot of times, like you said, it's everything so regimen and like my schedules like one thing to the next and the next.
Speaker 3: It's like I may have to like put the foot on the gas to get there on time. Everyone. Yeah, But when I have the opportunity to do I will.
Speaker 8: And it's like whenever I go, like I'm in Trader Joe's, I'm like, no, I gotta get the longest line.
Speaker 3: I just get in line and.
Speaker 8: Just like you know, like pray in my head or just like just just breathe like and just like create time to just like connect to my breath and just be in my body because it's a lot of time I could just be like think about what I'm doing like three weeks from now or you know like that, or and it's just like those things aren't really serving me in the moment.
Speaker 2: So I have you done the day without speaking?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't, but I've.
Speaker 8: Done where It's like I'm going places and he says recommends like doing twenty four hours in silence, like whether it be like once every few months or like however often you can do it, depending on like your circumstances.
Speaker 3: And so it's like that's why I'm taking strips.
Speaker 8: Like I went to like Tahoe last week Wednesday to Friday, and I was.
Speaker 1: There by myself, and you're just there by yourself, Yeah, what are these strips by yourself?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: So I got there.
Speaker 8: We recorded a podcast as soon as I got there, and then after that, I went right across the street from my hotel. It was like this beach and you look over lakes like the mountains that she looks like the ocean with like mountains around it as far and I just you know, got some food sitting out there, supposed a cigar, and oh I love that, went to my room, made a beat, went to sleep, and then the next day I got up early on a peloton and then just kicked it. And then I got this dude to take me on a tour of Lake Tahoe, like all around the lake. It's like an all day thing, like six hours or something, and just seeing the different spots and just walking around taking pictures and just taking in all the scenery and you know, so it's just wait, like waste for me to slow down and just be there because it's like, you know, you come from OTA's and Mini Camp and it's just like ding ding ding ding ding ding all these little things, and it's just like any opportunities I can create, but it'd be a few minutes in my day or I get a few days to go somewhere like that.
Speaker 3: Like it's just nourishing for the spirit, damn man.
Speaker 2: So you recommend it, yeah, for sure, Like going on trips by yourself is fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People gotta get more cat right there.
Speaker 3: People gotta get more comfortable just being by themselves.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like then because I recognize that and like you know, relationships with women, it's like you get to a point where it's like you kind of need them to validate you or you need them there to feel their love. But it's like, hey, you got to come to that relationship with your coup full, like loving yourself, and then it's like, y'all two can basically like link up there and you know already with love there, so it doesn't become like a codependent relationship, you know. And that's how toxicity, toxic shit happens. And that's you know, been my relationships for a while, you know. So it's just like opportunities like that, like taking those trips and being with yourself and not distracting yourself from what you're thinking but really just being there and feeling what you're feeling and stuff like that. Like it goes a long way, and it translates to the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Is is Darren Waller, see is something we can talk about. Are you a single man and you you got a relationship going on? I feel like you were kind of alluding.
Speaker 8: To recently, like coming up on like three weeks, like okay, phase three week anniversary infant phase, Uh, you got our gift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey leaked.
Speaker 3: Out a souvenir. Yeah, no, thirs.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you guys got anything for for Darren?
Speaker 3: What tier talk? Should we do?
Speaker 2: Just just somebody? Do you when do you guys have some bluss.
Speaker 6: Like young and that's out there at tight end year that you're like, oh, like this kid should be put on some guys radars young sleeper, tight end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I around tight end.
Speaker 3: I'm always putting Foster at the top of the list. Bro, Like, this is gonna be my last year playing with Foster. Why do you say that he's a start, He's just starting tight end, Like I mean the McDaniel's offense. Bro, I'm talking yeah, but I mean it's like his contract after this year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's why that's why I say it's probably be my last year, because feel like somebody gonna offer him and see, like you saw when he was in there last year, You're like, then, like just the place that he's made over the years, Like he made some freaky things happen, and it's like he's a he's a starting tight end.
Speaker 3: But he's about ball to the dude loves ball.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he'd be he'd be coaching like he's like legit like a coach on the field, like slick, like he'd be telling other people like responsibilities like somebody like this. He's like, man, you got this, you got this, Like he coached me up, Like hey man, don't forget to like do that on your stind Like yesterday there's a don't forget to like break your stem up and come back down. I was like, damn, you're right, bro, Like yeah, so, uh, definitely Foster Man, all those dudes are good Man to be real, Yeah, it's tough, man.
Speaker 2: How what what year you going into?
Speaker 3: You're seven?
Speaker 1: How do you, uh, how do you stay in love with like the game and the process of it and everything else? Because I'm sure there are probably times when you were going through your sobriety works where you weren't in love with the game, then you fell back in love with it, but not any of the work. Again, the how diligent you have to be and like all the processes that goes into be a being a professional athlete.
Speaker 2: How do you stay in love with the game?
Speaker 8: I would say, uh, I mean just watching like dudes like YouTube highlight mixes, like when I was a kid, you know, shit like that, watching dudes go crazy I'm just like, man, yeah, like that's like that's the ship like that we love, you know. And then kind of like I talked to you about, like when I'm like reflecting and journalist stuff like that, it's you know, when I'm out there and like I feel like I'm I have something to give to the team, you know, then I can just you know, I get lost in the moments, just like being out there and like laughing with dudes and like you know, they're playing music at practice and you get hyped to that and it's just like welcome in like the competitive spirit of like the one on ones and seven on seven periods and just like you know, start catching a few balls and just like just being pressient, just like reminding myself every day of why I enjoy being out here, like and just like you know, meditating like when I was a kid and how much you know joy it brought me in realizing that.
Speaker 3: That joy goes away only when I like give it away or when I allow somebody to take it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if I stay mindful of it, and you know, keep that on my mind when I'm going through individual drills and stuff like that, because it's easy to just the perspective to like fuck I got this, but it's like se all like got to versus get to mindset, and it's like all that clichestion people were telling us, like if you really implement that.
Speaker 1: Ship, there's just no question or money. Do you feel like, uh, who's the who's the defender that has had your number one?
Speaker 3: Guarden? You won on one? I can't really go with having my number one person having my number.
Speaker 2: Who's the who's the one person who maybe thinks they have your number?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean I know I always always get a big respect to Derham James because we always go like back and forth, like I win some reps, he'll win some reps. That's the probably the most even matchup. Most teams like throw a lot of different people at me, Like there's not really just like one person that's just like following me around. So I mean there's one game like we played the Dolphins Byron Jones followed me around and now I enjoyed that matchup that was like I got him a few times and he was on me a couple of times. But there's not like one person where I was just like I don't feel like like like he just won the matchup.
Speaker 3: I can't say that's anybody.
Speaker 1: Is there a backer, a linebacker other than that you would give respect to that you've see and you're like, I mean he's got a little more to him than the majority of these boys out here.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a lot of good. I thought you about to ask a linebacker covering me, That's what.
Speaker 2: I am asking.
Speaker 1: No, you see a linebacker on you, excluding myself, Like you see a linebacker on you, You're like, all right, I'm gonna give this boy uh more props than everybody else in the league.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't even really see linebackers. It must be if it's like a zone, then it's like a linebackers in that zone. But man, and man, I can't tell you the last time a linebacker guard man.
Speaker 3: You're an approch situation and you're saying, there's no line linebacker out there.
Speaker 2: They can hold you. That's what I'm saying. What about safety?
Speaker 8: Very few I put like going toe to toe like Derwin James, Uh, Justin Simmons, Minka Fence. Patrick is usually in the post like we played it, man, we played a Steeler. There's just like a gang of people around me. Like everywhere else going, you know, So it's like, I don't know, they're not really putting these people on islands to play man the man like that. If they are, it'll be like the Dophins day, Like it'll be like your corner or like your best coverage defender.
Speaker 3: But then it's like you're throtaining the mix. They can't really.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, now it's gonna be hard to do because bro, and not only that, but there's like.
Speaker 1: There's like, uh specific roles within all that talent as well, like you got i mean on third down between you and Hunter and you now you're adding uh Davante Adams in the mix not to sleep on like Josh Jacobs in the fucking backfield.
Speaker 3: Motherfuckers. If I just don't get down the job, I thought they're gonna have to be like, well, ship, how are you gonna play man? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't do that. The most you're gonna yeah, the most you can do is what double the stars? Or you just try to pick out two guys that you want to double? But which two are you double? Because everybody else is on an island, Okay, there's nobody deep.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna back off and play zone then gosh Jacob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you have to give up what pass rush because you're gonna win your ends to try and hit you or jamu or hit people at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be interesting, man, in what way? And like getting the ball?
Speaker 5: You know, there's there's obviously so much talent on the field.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, good question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, And I feel like that's one thing that the Raiders have done right. Like you, for instance, you're established, you know what, you are right comfortable with that. Davante Adams has had success elsewhere, Josh Jason Jacobs has had success. I think the Raiders have done a good job and bringing those guys in because they they're comfortable with themselves. So I personally don't think it would be an issue. But you being in the locker room, do you do you foresee you know, that being an issue just for.
Speaker 8: The personality guys, I don't think so. You know, I came from Georgia Tech, where I had fifty one catches in four years, so it's like.
Speaker 3: I know what it's like to have little. I know what it's like to have a lot, you know, So it's just like, but I think too listening.
Speaker 1: To you talk about how you handle like one game you might get five catches or five targets, but you're winning those games and the way you've had to deal with that stuff mentally mentally, like yeah, maybe if you guys are like neck and neck or you're losing the game, it could be like you speak to the part of you to where you want to develop that vocalizing it a little bit more like hey, like come on.
Speaker 3: DC, built for these moments. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, where.
Speaker 1: You got to say something. But also like, man, that's true, like you they you guys have some like good personalities. Now I don't know Davante at all, but him playing in college with Derek and it seems like they have a really good relationship. He just seems like one of the guys. And we all know Hunter like that man's gonna go out there and eat. If you don't throw the ball he don't, He's gonna pack whoever that catches it on the back. So I do feel like you guys got a good core group of guys, and you guys are tough.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm excited, yeah, man, toughest team in the NFC West.
Speaker 3: All of them.
Speaker 1: Bro, Yeah, he didn't fall home over. Foster's like, you're not gonna get me. I said, so we can agree that y'all have the toughest team in the AFC West. He's like, no, everybody, Yeah, should we do tiar talk?
Speaker 3: Do we have a tear talk?
Speaker 2: We had a couple Are you familiar with tiar talk?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Come on, I do go to the best Jerseys t I E R T e A R.
Speaker 1: E R.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: But I feel like if we do wrap our I mean, obviously I got my list out there, but did you ever see my top ten rappers list.
Speaker 3: Went viral viral?
Speaker 1: Yeahs list because it's pretty funny. Uh we definitely, Yeah, give us your top five tight ends in the league.
Speaker 8: Me, uh, Travis Kelsey, George Kittle, Mark Andrews. Cop hits that order. Uh yeah, Cop hits that boy. He's a freaking yeah. Yeah, that dude seems like an alien.
Speaker 3: Bro. Like they like they uh the draft on and they compared to me. Yeah. I was like, I mean that dude like where I'm at now, but he's like twenty one.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, Like when I was coming out of college, bro, I wouldn't ouldn't know none of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're right there, there's my list. I mean it's like people they asked you for your top ten, Come on, talk who you rot with? Like what do you think about that top ten list?
Speaker 3: If that's genuine? Like who you fuck with? Top ten? Like that's cool? Like I fuck with it. That's all I needed. Oh yeah, hey, say less, say less because it's like people.
Speaker 8: Are like top ten and then they say, oh you're top ten. There's like, oh, I'm thinking like my favorite ten like some people like oh no, man, like not a top ten.
Speaker 3: I gotta checked that, like yeah, top ten of all time. So that was out there getting checked. What's the what's the But I was I was trolling, Like I knew what I was doing, putting that like machine gun.
Speaker 2: Kelly over j Cole.
Speaker 3: I knew that's your neck.
Speaker 2: I knew route the culture. Yeah, I knew I would roll up the culture.
Speaker 3: That people were supposed apply with. Oh bro, how much you want to you want like some funny ones? You want the racist of the funny ones? Yeah? Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Somebody goes, this is white nationalists.
Speaker 8: White person gen music creating. Oh yeah, they taking shit too serious? Come on, William Lloyd.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kept by black.
Speaker 1: Serious, Yeah, somebody somebody legitimately and you go to the profile, you know how you come across the real political profiles, like you know they're all about politics. Somebody really put a quote input. This is white nationalism at work, right, white.
Speaker 3: Taking life so seriously on Twitter?
Speaker 2: Yes, Twitter, Oh man, jerseys would be a fun one.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I was also the same thinking about Gatorade flavors as all smackets and Gatorade Gatorase flavors.
Speaker 3: I'm a red fruit punch.
Speaker 2: Hang on, we can do gatorade flavors. Bring up the grate flavors, and then like I don't when do y'all? Y'all start earlier today? Don't you what times?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 11: Nine oh six? The bus leads at nine forty five. All right, I'm I trying to keep you too long? Now you gotta be there. You going over there, we'll see. Hey, last night was a long night.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: And him getting up to a box at six, he motivated the boy. I got up at six.
Speaker 1: I didn't start working out till like six thirty, but pushing the sled hit an upper body pump weekend pump before I got over here.
Speaker 3: Boy, I can't let this. I can't. Yeah, what's your take on what's your take on Gatorade zero? I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean to be honest, I'm not the biggest I grew out of like drinking Gatorade, like just slapping Gatorade all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like I'm gonna go back to you. Like yesterday there was like a g fit. I was like, oh damn sick. Like now I can feel like I'm drinking a healthier Gatorade. I didn't look at the ingredients, but I'm sure it has, uh whether it superlose, super loose or whatever, justn't the best ingredient.
Speaker 2: It's kind of just like a little hidden like a bunch of Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the Gatorade zero, I don't know, Like I'm looking at those bottles and I don't really know if i've I might have had it a couple times, like in college, like I was big on doing G two because the nutritionists was like, oh, this is less calories, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But before that, it's usually just the original Gatorades.
Speaker 3: They're real G two tastes like cough syrup bro Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is true.
Speaker 1: All right, boys, we bring you this ad read from one of our most trusted and favorite sponsors out there, that is Georgia Boots.
Speaker 2: Shout out Georgia Boot, no free shot outs to the boys.
Speaker 1: They've been with us basically since day one because they work just as hard as this podcast does. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable you.
Speaker 2: Never want to take them off.
Speaker 1: These boots hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort or style.
Speaker 3: It has.
Speaker 1: Think of it like the comfort technology of an athletic shoe that is packed into a great looking boot. My personal endorsement is that when we're at our Beer Olympics over the summer, a lot of the boys that are on the Titans, we're asking, hey, how do we get a discount, a code or something to shop at Georgia Boot Because clearly they might see that we promote them, but they don't listen good enough to understand that we do have a code for you guys.
Speaker 2: Whether you're working on your feet all.
Speaker 1: Day, working around the house, or grilling out with the boys, these boost on sacrifice comfort or style. Head over to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting for twenty percent off. That's not ten, that's not fifteen, that's not nineteen, that's twenty percent off. One fifth year order is on the house from.
Speaker 2: The Boys to you.
Speaker 1: If you just go to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting, that's bussi in for twenty percent off. Now back to the episode, No sirry, We're gonna go.
Speaker 3: Uh So.
Speaker 1: Tier Talk is essentially Tier one, Tier two, Tier three, ranking your top three Gatorays in order. We have a lot of fun with this stuff, Like recently we did like video games with George Kittle. We did fast food restaurants with Mark Michael Mayer, a kid from Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: We do like fun stuff like that's the tight End.
Speaker 3: It looks like he East Waste.
Speaker 8: I've seen him at the at the welcome event, I was like his neck, he looked like I'm trying to think who he looks like. Bro, It's like a it's like an animated character. Johnny Bravo, Yeah, yeah, ear flows.
Speaker 3: He's got the budget, like the cartoon budget. And Tommy Tremble walked over to where we were at and the welcome event.
Speaker 1: I was like, security, oh ship, but give us your uh, your your start at three, work your way up to two, and then finish was your top dog.
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Lemon Lime, two Orange, one's fruit punch? That is all the classics. Now, now can we go back on your three? Say again, and let's give a little bit more detail, Like let's give a reason why you might love these gatorades.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, cutting my top three. I'm not cutting them.
Speaker 1: You just rattled them off, and you know, I give the people a little bit, like give them some entertainment.
Speaker 8: Uh, I mean Lemon line, man, you know, I just like the way you know, you know when you drink gatorade, your your sweat turns the color that you drink, like the commercial.
Speaker 1: So hey, yeah those commercials were fire bro Lemon line low key is nice on when you're like overheated.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Nice work out. Fruit punch is different post practice, Like I run to the locker room like open the window and I'm like, so when.
Speaker 1: It's hottest, that when you're when you feel like you're at your most overheated fruit punch. Okay, what was your two again?
Speaker 2: You went so fast?
Speaker 3: Orange?
Speaker 1: Lemon lime? See orange? I fucking hate orange. I've always liked orange flavored drinks. Really, I like orange high seed juice boxes. When I was a kid, orange orange soda. Because of Keenan and kel, I was never the orange soda, orange soda, grape soda, and I was never really with you fucked at the tang.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to be on. I used to keep a tang in my lunch box.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm gonna go. I always do that breath too. I realized that, all right, it's because I do need. I feel like green one green?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 10: What is that?
Speaker 3: Hell? No, I.
Speaker 8: Cucumber color is trash. I remember Power had of color. It was like green squall was the flavor. That ship was ash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Power Raids struggled over the years.
Speaker 2: Man, it's good when you made you know.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm gonna go with and green green is a sleeper by the way, I'm gonna go with, uh my Tier three.
Speaker 2: I I like, I keep seeing different colors and I'm like, man, that's that is one.
Speaker 3: Dan, It's a big assa.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go my Yeah, I'm gonna go my My Tier three is gonna be like when I'm casually, like if I were to walk into a gas station, I'm gonna grab myself a Gatorade.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with white white hairry. Yeah, I appreciate that white hairy is a sleeper.
Speaker 2: My Tier two.
Speaker 3: Light blue? What is that one is?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Is it? I forgot about the frosts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go Tier one just so, only based off like you're fucking struggling in the heat that lemon lime hits HiT's different, like when you are overheated. But I wouldn't get it for really, I wouldn't get it to be casual. But when you're down bad and it's one hundred degrees out there.
Speaker 3: That's the only when I That's really only when I want them. I don't really want them casually.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying when you said in game it's spark like spartan, Like, yeah, that in game drink. But if I'm being like casual taste everything else, I like white at three and light blew it two.
Speaker 3: Those are mine.
Speaker 2: Anybody else want to partake in this?
Speaker 1: Anybody feels strongly about their Gatorade options, we do a back of the bus column.
Speaker 3: I think we could really only refer to casually.
Speaker 1: Come on, now, blush, you went, you went out there and to think of it out there in Afghanistan, like and you found a gatorade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were drinking rip it. What is that that whirst it? It's like an energy drink. It's like, yesh crazy, she got three and something else like a white monster good God, like the egg games drink. Bro.
Speaker 1: But you guys come on that like just because you're not professional, Like, let's all not act like we haven't been in high school sports or even younger and we're out there just fucking Why don't we go to a monk, we go to the gas station on the way home.
Speaker 3: The frost is mine? That what?
Speaker 4: That was my one?
Speaker 3: When you said it was your two, I was like, that's my one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No one said the blue or grape I fuck with the grape heavy.
Speaker 2: Well how would you rank them?
Speaker 4: Three would probably be orange? Uh and then given the certain day blue cool, blue and grape good interchange for me. But I have to say probably grape HiT's number one for me. But also when you take it too much, it gets a little surpy.
Speaker 3: You can only have so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that, bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, the fears not the g two or this light, not this light.
Speaker 3: That's rip rush that on his that was you, That was you that one back there. Yeah, zeros are straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure they taste good, but I like when he asked that, I'm thinking like.
Speaker 3: People that are really zero nasty bro I can't like, but I don't taste that much different, right, I mean, you.
Speaker 1: Know how everybody is. They want to be purest, they want to be in with the originals. Then getorad purist.
Speaker 6: Man number one. Tier one is lemon lime in the can. The can Gatorade hits the can is different and hits. Tier two Glacier Freeze light blue also good during games. Tier three Rip Tide Rush. I like all like the lighter ones that you could have during games, but that aren't like Gesus colors, the Rip Tide Rush light purple, light purple.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah see I'm better. I'm better with just staying the color. Hey we were close, Hey, we were close. Matter of fact, that that Lemon Lion can. You knew you were gonna kill it with that one, because that's detail. That's like, that's detail you want in these conversations. Okay, like you say, you know, not just like lemon lime punch orange.
Speaker 3: My bad, right, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that that's that detail you want.
Speaker 7: I think my three, starting at three is gonna be the the blue right there next to lemon lime.
Speaker 3: Two. I don't know.
Speaker 2: With the royal blue.
Speaker 3: Cool okay, but what's the other blue? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was just thinking that what.
Speaker 3: The white one is not called white cherry? Is it?
Speaker 2: I thought so?
Speaker 3: I think I have one yesterday raw some frost. Isn't it cherry? All right, I'm going cool blue. Three glaciers are white.
Speaker 7: And then probably they'll say that say that tier two Again, I haven't gotten too yet.
Speaker 3: Three is the cool blue.
Speaker 7: Three is cool blue, and then two is probably whatever the light blue one is glacier free, and then number one is probably orange.
Speaker 3: That O G is that one O G? Or is lemon lime? OG?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 3: I don't talk with the orange? I really don't what's the og gatorade? Is it the lemon lime or the orange one? Lemon lin? Is it got gatory or gator players?
Speaker 10: Well, that's why I thought it would be orange. But yeah, you can look at her. In fact, we got a computer here. I don't mess with the orange, bro And I feel like I feel like because it tastes.
Speaker 1: Water down to me, like water down orange, like orange Gatoray tastes water down, like a water down flavor to me.
Speaker 3: Don't have the G two one then?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I mean to me, I feel like fruit punch is like the first flavor you go and anything you create.
Speaker 3: Hawaiian Hawaiian fruit punch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, body armor hits. Body armor is nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think there's a bad body armor flavor.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite body armor flavor? Where you have the body alma flavors?
Speaker 3: It don't matter. There's a coconut one I love.
Speaker 2: Do you like the coconut ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like coconut, pineapple.
Speaker 8: Yeah, fruit punch, strawberry, banana, orange, mango, uh, blackout Berry.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, black Outberry is a really good one.
Speaker 1: I fucking love that one. There's like a pomegranate one, that black bottle is it? I think that blacky lemonade hits.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, body armor crushes it. They used to be a sponsor of this podcast. I don't know for maybe I don't know what happened. Maybe we weren't pushing a product like that. But uh, dude, I appreciate you coming on. You need a ride, Sure, I give you a ride. When is the the buses getting towed. It's been a week boys, she getting repodd.
Speaker 2: We're getting tod to.
Speaker 1: We're getting towed to the infield of the NASCAR race that's coming to town.
Speaker 3: NASCAR races I heard they crazy.
Speaker 2: NASCAR races are crazy, bro, They're fun, They're cool.
Speaker 3: I've never been on.
Speaker 1: There's like all these tailgates that go on outside of it, like it's pretty cool. And then the race itself, like everybody's just getting you know, everybody's just having the most fun, getting drunk, yelling like I mean, you're only just going in circles around the track, right, but everybody loves it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, making left turns, man.
Speaker 1: But yeah we get to go do like a shoot like content and be on the infield and like get like a tour of everything in the NASCAR world. Alright, so we get that to the day. But I appreciate you for coming on man, good luck this year.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Subscribe YouTube, Apple, Spotify, where else can you get us?
Speaker 3: What was it? Google Play?
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts. Subscribe to the Boys. Leave comments. Darren Waller in two days, five year anniversary of sobriety, I'm fired up for you. Bro, I hope you have a fucking hell of a year and I'm pulling for the Raiders. Appreciate it, man, thanks for coming on. Big hugs, tinny kisses again. Subscribe to the Boys S