Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy.
Speaker 3: Speculation and advice.
Speaker 2: Now along with the guys from Guillotine Leagues dot com.
Speaker 1: Here's your host. Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, Week number five. I am Paul Charchi and my costs today are Matt Harrison and thor Nystrom. Hey, hey, guys, we've got a lot of people already finding themselves in a deep poll. She played against Justin Fields or Sam Howell or DJ Moore. We have to work extra hard on earth in this a bye week, the first bye week, some great sleeper hio, Justin Fields. Yeah, it's hard to come together.
Speaker 4: Are you insinuating that we don't work hard on most weeks?
Speaker 1: I'm insinuating you don't work ok, gotcha most weeks in particular? Yeah, I mean yes, over.
Speaker 4: The course, work about the same amount of hard this week. Sorry, you didn't warn me up front that I had to work harder.
Speaker 1: When Justin Fields throws four touchdowns, you have to work harder.
Speaker 4: Put it in slack next time that, Oh, Matt, gotta work harder this week?
Speaker 1: Yes, Over the course of the show, we'll break down all of the games and this week's slate, we'll give you later grade letter grades on all the players. We'll give you nine players upon whom you can take a chance. We'll answer three tough questions, and we'll give you some players upon whom you can speculate for future weeks, including two dart throw quarterbacks we're gonna come up. Over the course of the show. We begin with Carolina taking on Detroit. Matt For Carolina, it was back to Bryce Young and the offense took a step backwards last week. What do you think of this week? In Detroit?
Speaker 4: Bryce Young is putrid. He's seeing a twenty five point eight percent pressure rate, which is extremely high, and he's about four foot two and that's contributing to his horrible one hundred and sixty seven passing yards per game. The Lions have the fifth highest pressure rate in the league at forty point seven percent, with the third lowest blitz rate at fifteen point nine percent. So the Lions can rush four yeah and drop everybody back, and Bryce Young's not going to be able to get anything done. He's on the bench. I will give Adam Thiel in a C grade in this one. He has thirty one targets in the last three weeks and runs about seventy two percent of his routes from the slot. This year, Detroit's slot corner Brian Branch has been targeted the fifth most among slot corners in the NFL, and he's also allowed two touchdowns in his coverage so far. And then Hayden Hurst, he gets like a desperation dart throw D I mean C grade in the tight end waste land. He did see seven targets in Week one and just three per week since, but Detroit has allowed the most receptions and yards to the tight end position through the first four weeks, an average of eight catches in seventy six yards per game. That all goes to Hayden Hurst. If we hit that average, I like it all the other wide receivers on the bench. As for the running backs, my Sanders has been removed from the injury report, but there's still a very good chance that we see a lot of Chewba Hubbard in this game. Hubbard is third in the league in yards after contact at two point eight per rushing attempt. He actually out snapped Sanders last week thirty nine to thirty one, and it's been closer to a timeshare than we imagined. And it's not a great matchup for a split backfield. The Lions are only allowing two point eight yards per carry and forty five rushing yards per game, so I'm leaving both of these guys on the bench since Sanders is active. On the other side, though, it's a running back bonanza, I'm going to give David Montgomery a fantasy ardvark. Yeah, right out of the bat here. He leads the league and carries from inside the five. He has seven this year and four touchdowns already. He completely took over that Jamal Williams role from last year. Also, he leads the league in broken tackles with twelve. Wow, he missed the whole game. He's really good. He's really really good, and he faces a really bad Panthers round defense allowing four point nine yards per kerry and have already allowed seven touchdowns to the running back position this year. Jamiir Gibbs and his thirteen touches per game are also in play with a B grade here, So it's fire up those Detroit running backs on the passing side. It's so easy to run against the Panthers that very few teams even try to pass. They're only seeing twenty seven passing attempts per game. That's the third lowest in the league.
Speaker 1: Vikings only through nineteen passes last.
Speaker 4: Week nineteen times. Yes, that's why three of the four quarterbacks they faced have been held to under two hundred twenty eight yards, including Kirk Cousins who only had one hundred and thirty nine passing yards last week. For that reason, Jared Goff just gets a C grade in here. He's doing pretty well. He's fourth in the league in on target throw percentage at eighty two percent. But how much will he have to throw in this one? That's the worry, especially if Amon Ross Saint Brown doesn't go in this one. He's been downgraded to doubtful. He sat all week with an abdominal injury, which I thought was probably just a side effect of his six pack expanding to an eight pack. Number one wide receivers have had good days against Carolina, including Justin Jefferson with eighty five yards and two scores last week. DK Metcalf had one hundred and twelve yards on six catches the week before. It doesn't look like Saint Brown's gonna go. If he doesn't go, Josh Reynolds likely flexes into the slot more and probably into a wide receiver one role. I'd throw a see his way if Saint Brown is inactive. But it's not a Jamison Williams or Khalif Raymond or Marvin Jones week.
Speaker 1: They're all on the bench and we should just spend just one second on Jamal Williams or sorry, Jamis and Williams. People are excited about him coming back a week early, yep. I just feel like, let's see what the snapcount even looks like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna be.
Speaker 1: I think he's on the field like twelve plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agree, I think maybe won two targets tops. Yeah, which for him.
Speaker 1: Remember he was active for half of the games last year and he averaged one target per game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got one more guy to talk about it, Sam Laporta, who gets a B grade. The Panthers are a middle of the pack defense against the tight end. Despite not having surrendered a touchdown to the position yet, Laporta has had at least five targets and four receptions in every game in his young career in a PPR league He's a ten pointer just about every week at least, so he's a top five tight.
Speaker 5: End at this point.
Speaker 4: You got to keep him in your lineup.
Speaker 5: Stud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Houston takes on Atlanta or they just put their eighth offensive linemen on injured reserve. Oh no, Reddy and three different linemen are going to play injured this week. Yet here we are, and so to this point, the passing game has been pretty down effective for Houston. Sure has yeah, better news for this rookie quarterback than the last one.
Speaker 5: Matt was just talking about CJ. Strout. I'm gonna give him a B in this matchup.
Speaker 6: Number four in Fantasy points per dropback, number three in yards per attempt.
Speaker 5: Decent matchup here.
Speaker 6: The Falcons have allowed the ninth most passing touchdowns so far this season. Nico Collins, who was having an amazing season so far wide receiver seven in Fantasy about that, number three in yards per route run. But Atlanta does have the solid boundary corners in both aj Terrell, who he talked about in the past in particular, and also of course Jeffrey Okuda. They temper expectations just a little bit. So I'm gonna give Nico a B. Same sort of deal with Tank Dell, who I'm gonna give a C. Tanks number seventeen in yards per route run since week two. He leads the Texans in deep targets. That's the good news. The bad news is, and everyone out there you know that Tank is diminutive. He only has one red zone target. So we're gonna give him a C. Robert Woods, We're gonna get back to in a bit here because he is might take a chance on me wide receiver Dalton Schultz. Keep him on your bench and also ignore his solid three catches for forty three yards and a touchdown receiving line last week. He's in a time share with two other tight ends. I don't know if he can sustain that, so we're gonna keep him on the bench. Damian Pierce, I'm gonna give him a C. He played fifty four percent or more of snaps in the last two weeks, but he only the route participation keeps dropping and dropping and dropping.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that.
Speaker 6: It's only it's down to twenty four point two percent. I don't understand it either. The kids a skilled receiver, right, you can catch I. I don't understand the Falcons improved run defense ranked number twelve and stuff rate. It's stunk last year, it's getting solid. So it's not the best matchup for Damian Pierce. We're going to give him a ce moving to the Falcons. Speaking of stinking the Desmond Ridder. Keep him on the bench.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well he might be on the Falcons bench here was going to do.
Speaker 1: Do you think Desmond Ridder finishes this game?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we're getting really close to the hook, right yeah, yeah, so do We'll talk more about that later. And for a team that's competing for the division title, you just can't afford to have him that sort of level of play. Drake London for that reason that the play at Desmond Radder, I think you have to keep him on the bench in this game. It is getting ugly London. He had seven targets last week, but only three catches for twenty eight yards.
Speaker 5: He did salvage a bit of value with the touchdown.
Speaker 6: The non Drake London Falcons wide receivers last week against the Jaguars had two catches for dight tedyard, zero touchdowns on five targets. You are, of course keeping them on your bench. And in this game, the Falcons game script is going to be run, run, run against his Texan defense. Of course it's an Arthur Smith team, so we have to talk about multiple tight ends. John new Smith, we're gonna give him a ce all right, that's my guy. Yeah, last week against the Jaguars, cut all six targets for ninety five yards.
Speaker 5: The last three weeks, John.
Speaker 6: New Smith twenty targets, Kyle Pitts eighteen targets.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it. Why isn't Brian Johnson here for this? Killing me right now?
Speaker 6: But Yeah, Smith ran routes on less than sixty percent of the dropbacks last week, So I mean he went ballistic last week, but I'm not sure how sustainable that you know, that production is. We're gonna keep playing that kind of snapshare. And the Texans have allowed only one touchdown two opposing tight ends this year, So we're giving John hu a cee. We're also giving Kyle Pits to see. Kyle Pitts lowly sixty three point three PFF receiving grade this year ranks three to third among qualified tight ends, not the best. Kyle Pitts's yards per route run the last three years two point zero two as a rookie one point six to nine last year. He is down to zero point nine to five so far this year.
Speaker 5: I mean not good.
Speaker 6: And the Texans have also allowed the twelfth lowest yards per reception too opposing tight ends this year, so we'll get both those tight ends to see. The smash matchup in this game is Bijon Robinson, of course, obviously a Bijon's averaging eighteen point one touches and one hundred and thirteen total yards per game. He's also number three amongst all running backs in receiving grade and number two in targets. Bjon Robinson his top ten in running backs and fantasy points despite having scored only one touchdown so far. This is a bad Texans run defense that has allowed the seventh highest explosive run rate in the league so far. Bijon obviously hits home runs. I expect him to have a couple explosive plays here.
Speaker 5: And Tyler l g is.
Speaker 1: Another guy we're about to get back to because hes might take a chance on me running back, all right, Kansas City takes on Minnesota Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelcey obvious, as Vikings gave up two touchdowns to Donald Parham a couple of weeks ago. So these guys are obviously in play every week. I as for the rest of the passing game, I can't put a bit starting great on anybody. Some receiver, random receiver insert name here, probably has a good name, a good game, but nobody gets more than sixty percent of the snaps and the target distribution for the wide receivers for the Chiefs so scattershot that it's just unguessable to wit. In four games this season, four different Chiefs wide receivers have led the team in receiving yards. So it's just, you know, it's not It's not that I'm not smart enough. I don't know that the Chiefs could even tell you which one receiver'd be the one you'd want to start, and many times, many games there's none that you'd want to start. But let's talk about Isaiah Pacheco. Yeah, now we're talking baby. His touches have increased in each game, and deservedly, so this might be though a little bit trickier matchup than it first appears. A lot of people think of the Vikings nationally televised game against the Eagles, in which DeAndre Swift ran up and down the field on them. But in the the nine non DeAndre Swift running backs to face, the Vikings have averaged two point six scoreless yards per carry. No other back has top forty one rushing yards against Minnesota. Vikings have have a top ten run stuff win rate according to ESPN. This is a decent run defense. So I don't know the Pacheco goes off here.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: One other exciting development for Pacheco averaging three targets per game after seeing point six targets per game last year. Love that, so we do love that. Now the counter side of that, the Vikings only allowing fifteen receiving yards per game to opposing running backs, second fewest. Still love the way he's playing. Running hard B grade Isaiah Pacheco.
Speaker 5: Let's go to the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Justin Jefferson TJ. Howkinson obvious as it goes without saying. Chiefs have allowed at least six receptions and fifty five yards of tight ends in three of the four games this year. Hackinson likely sitting on a very nice game. Kirk Cousins also gets an A grade, leads all passers in the league in completions and touchdowns, and the Vikings lead the league in passing rate. Game script likely helps Cousins here, as the Vikings are presumed to fall behind early, which has happened in losses to the similarly talented Chargers and Eagles offense. That will ensure that Cousins Cousins ends up throwing in this game. Unlike last week, Vikings pass blocking has been better than previous years. Still not good, but better. Only seven sacks and four games is a big win for the oft battered Kirk Cousins, who comes in with an A for this one. Sticking with the passing game, I really struggle with Jordan Addison. He had one target last week, it was not completed and so he ended up with a zero catch game. Not great. I had given him a I believe a C grade. Last week snapcount dropped way off, but as we mentioned earlier in the show, they only threw nineteen balls. I think you probably throw forty in this game, So I think Addison's back on the radar with the C grade here. He runs from all over the field, but he most commonly will see Lugerius Snead cornerback for the Chiefs. He hasn't allowed to touchdown, yet only giving up a fifty six percent completion rate, which is good, but weirdly, he ranks his Pro Football Focuses one hundred and thirty first ranked quarterback. So maybe there's an opportunity here for Jordan Addison. I'm going to move him in with a C grade. And then lastly, Alexander Madison. Madison is has run better the last couple of weeks. Chiefs middle linebacker Nick Bolton has been ruled out the replacement, though Drew Trankwell has been PFF's eleventh best run defending linebacker in his absence, Kansas City has been pushed around at the point of attack this season, earning Kansas City's third has got the third worst run stuff rate, so maybe they get a little something done here for the Vikings, Kansas City sees the seventh fewest runs. Cam Akers started eating into the workhorse role that Alexander Madison had previ viously had. That part is not ideal either, so we're just coming in with a C grade on Madison here. There is some opportunity, but gamescript might work against him along with cam Aker's developing role. When we come back, take.
Speaker 4: A chance on me.
Speaker 1: Nine players not normally in starting lineups. Will tell you who they are what you can do with those guys in this the first bye week of the NFL schedule. You need help off the waiver wire. We'll do that when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly. Take a chance on me nine players you would not normally start. We'll tell you who they are. Many of these are going to be available off of the waiver wire in your league and you might need the help this week. Let's begin at the quarterback position and Matt Harrison.
Speaker 4: We all need a lot of help for this one. Zach Wilson as might take a chance on me quarterback. There are some reasons to be optimistic. He's had more pass plays and a better completion percentage in three straight weeks, while a scramble percentage and snap percentage and pressure percentage have dropped in three straight weeks. Wilson's actually tied for eighth place and touchdown passes inside the ten yard line this year, and he plays Denver this week, who have the worst defensive unit in the NFL. Let's even take out the seventy point game to Miami. The Broncos have allowed an average line of two hundred seventy eight yards and two point seven passing scores to non to quarterbacks. That's a lot. Oh and did we mention that current Broncos head coach Sean Payton put former Broncos and current Jets offensive co ordinator Nathaniel Hackett on blast for doing the worst coaching job ever. You don't think the Jets have had this game circled since then? They're going to run up the score if they can against Sean Payton.
Speaker 1: Well, if they can is a big question.
Speaker 4: I mean, you kind of can against that DFL as.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right about that thor you take a chance on me quarterback.
Speaker 6: I'm going with Brock Purdy against the Cowboys. Brock Perdy QB thirteen so far in Fantasy number one in the NFL impasser rating, number four in Fantasy points per dropback. In this matchup against the Cowboys, Dallas has allowed the tenth highest yards per attempt average in the NFL so far.
Speaker 5: I think a big games coming for Brock Perdy.
Speaker 1: Ryan Tannehill's best matchup of the year is this matchup against the Colts. You remember in the offseason they lost both of their starting cornerbacks steff On Gilmore to free agency and Isaiah Rodgers to gambling, and now their current starting cornerback Dallas Flowers just went on ir so it looks like they're going to have to either reinsert the previous lead benched cornerback Darryl Baker, who allowed touchdowns in both of his starts prior to his benching. Opposite him is rookie cornerback Jude Juw Brent, who got his first start last week and promptly allowed all five passes in his coverage to be caught along with a touchdown. It's an elite opportunity for Ryan Fitzpack. Sorry, no Stupiard's back. Yes, I would love to have stew Beer back Ryan Tannel he could still play today. Let's go to the running back position.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stick with the Jets and go with Dalvin Cook. Last week, Bryce hallsaw only twenty six snaps and only had six rushing attempts. That's a run on only twenty three percent of his snaps. Dalvin Cook, meanwhile, had a rushing attempt on thirty five percent of his snaps, and Cook is the only Jets running back who had to carry from inside the five this year. From a target perspective, Cook has the exact same amount as Hall. Basically, when Cook is on the field, he's getting the ball and almost getting the same workload as Haul. Right now, and insert the Broncos defense, who I'm gonna pick on all day. But let's take out that Miami game again where they gave up three hundred and fifty one yards, ninety receiving yards and eight total touchdowns of the Dolphins backs. Let's take that out. Khalil Herbert total one hundred and twenty two yards in a score last week. Brian Robinson at one hundred and twenty nine total yards and two scores in Week two. They're a siev.
Speaker 1: Well they are, and you took out there worse, Yeah, which is very very chivalrous. So I didn't even mention it, did I? No, no, no, let's go to Thori. You're take a chance to be running back. I'm going with Tyler l Geer against the Texans. I like this one.
Speaker 5: Speaking of terrible run defenses.
Speaker 6: Yes, so, Tyler Elgier averaged fifteen point five rushing attempts in the first two games, but the last to only eight point five touch average per game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we get here's my thinking.
Speaker 6: I think we get closer to the usage of the first two games with Aljeer in this one as opposed to the last two and el Gier. Everybody out there knows he's a tackle breaker who's got juice after he breaks it. Right now, it ranks fifteenth in the NFL in yards after contact per attempt. Mentioned the Texans run defense is terrible, and I mentioned before, I think this game script flips super duper run heavy for Atlanta.
Speaker 5: I think that's where al Jieer can come in and put up some numbers.
Speaker 1: I've got Gus Edwards. His touches have increased in every game, which is particularly notable since Justice Hill returned last week. He's dinged up. We'll try to play. We don't know for sure how much he can contribute. Didn't take anything away from Gus. Last week, Steelers allowing one hundred and twenty seven rushing yards per game to opposing running backs on four point nine yards per carry, that is second and third worst in the league. Now notable for Gus He's had just one carry from inside the five yard line. Lamar Jackson had two last week.
Speaker 4: That is not cool.
Speaker 1: Jackson wasn't used inside the five at all under previous offensive coordinator Greg Roman, but new offensive coordinator Todd Munkin apparently feels a little bit differently about using Jackson near the stripe. And I don't like it because we want Gus Edwards to have a nice game here. I still think he can even if he doesn't score. The Gus Busson, I love the Gus spot. Yeah, guys on, all he's done is average five yards per carry in every one his seasons. Matt, you take a chance with me wide receiver? Are you giving us two jets? Who are you going with now?
Speaker 3: Haha?
Speaker 4: Broncos, I'm giving you Tyler Conklin as a tight end.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: While they're the worst team in the league against quarterbacks and running backs, they're the second worst team in the league against tight ends. And oh, by the way, two of their opponents decided they didn't even need to throw to the tight end to beat them. The Raiders and Dolphins combined for two catches against the Broncos. Still, Denver has allowed the sixth most yards and the seventh most and the second most scores to the position, including seven catches eighty five yards and two touchdowns the Cole Comet last week. Conklin's getting a target on seventeen percent of his routes run. That's the same as Dallas Goddard and Darren Waller. He's also flexed out to the slot on thirty three percent of his snaps this season and has a robust four point nine yards after contact. They like Tyler Conklin to get involved today. Tyler Conklin for Sunday.
Speaker 1: You've gone Jets, Jets, Jets, j Ets, Jets, Jets, Jets. It's kind of lazy. Yeah, yeah, thor you're taking chance on me wide receiver. Let's talk about Bobby Trees.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Texans playing the Falcons this week. Woods leads the Texans in target share the last three games the week. Here here's the thinking on this one. The week link on the Falcons defense is their nickel corner d Alford, who is allowing a seventy seven point three percent catch rate and get this one hundred and twenty five point eight passer rating against on targets.
Speaker 5: I think CJ.
Speaker 6: Stroud, who has already been looking Woods is way quite a bit, is additionally incentivized in this game to pick on d Alford. I think you might see Woods lead the team in targets again. He might take a chance on me wide receiver.
Speaker 1: Matt, you went Jets, Jets, Jets, Yeah, and then you made fun of me for it. Yes I did. Yeah, I'm going Jets wide receives.
Speaker 4: Oh no, that's just cruel. Just you knew you were doing that.
Speaker 5: Yes, I knew.
Speaker 1: The Jets offense obviously has looked looked better last week. Here's Lore's the Lazard story. His lowest snappering in any game this year seventy eight percent. He's always on the field. He's getting a reasonably healthy fifteen percent target share. Alan Lazard not exactly known as a deep downfield threat, averaging seventeen yards per reception.
Speaker 5: Not bad.
Speaker 1: Broncos give up over thirteen yards per reception, one and a half touchdowns per game, twenty eight fantasy points per game to wide receivers, and best of all star cornerback Patrick certain is going to spend all of his time on Garrett Wilson. Of course, that means Alan Lazard is going to see the worst starting cornerback in the league, Damari Mathis. Mathis has allowed the third most receiving yards and the most touchdowns in his coverage four of them. Already is giving up an opposer passer rating of one hundred and fifty four perfect, or guess worse would be one hundred and fifty would be the worst possible passerating. He's at one hundred and fifty four. Yeah, Alan Laz close, I'm starting Alan Lazard a couple of my guillotine leagues, putting my neck on the line.
Speaker 4: Wow, now this just in.
Speaker 1: There's a game being played in ye old London town.
Speaker 4: Oh should I go get him?
Speaker 1: Colin mccoughney, maybe you're only twenty three debut. Yes, our London correspondent happens to be here in studio making a visit to the Twin Cities due to unspecified medical issues required to go to the Mayo Clinic. Hallo gov'nor Colin mccockney, it's so good to have you back.
Speaker 4: It's me I'm callin. I'm here to get the winner. Ain't I gotta bag a few apples and pears with them strikers to get y'all sorted for the fantasy footy now thor just so.
Speaker 1: You know, because I never know what he's saying, I need you to be the translator and to help me understand what Colin is saying, because I never have any idea. Yeah, I speak the King's English. Colin's speaking some absurd slang version that seems to have come out of a some gutter in London somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kittie Kats and Buffy the Slayer at Rock Solid. You looking at CHOCHI didn't you want some Colin? What's his name, Thunder mcgovna.
Speaker 1: That is my name.
Speaker 6: I think Colin's saying hello, and I believe he's about to do the London match between the Jaguars and Bells.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, good, let's start on the Jaguars side.
Speaker 4: Colin, Nice try Thundy, clever Mike and a gypsy's kiss, Trevy Larry on a sea shanty, smashing chest hair hedges and Billy's beans. Blimey, he ain't me captain.
Speaker 6: So he just said that Trevor Lawrence is getting a C grade in this matchup. He's only throwing four touchdown passes this year and the Bills have only allowed three. Then I think he said the Bills are currently top five in every category against opposing quarterbacks. Colin also said he'd rather have Trevor Lawrence on the bench if he had his Drawthers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Noice work, Thundy, Galico, Cat, Ridley Scotton, man of God, Kirker, pair of Jimmy Choos in their proper Belton Eighth Night Chachie.
Speaker 6: He's saying the matchups for the Jaguars receivers here got a little better with Tredevius White going down to an achilles injury. It's also saying Kelvin Ridley will draw Dame Jackson most often he replaces White and is a.
Speaker 5: League average corner according to PFF.
Speaker 6: He went on to say, from the slot, Christian Kirk is gonna see Taron Johnson here, who's been who has been the Bill's highest rated corner outside of White. Still, this isn't a great matchup for either, and I believe Colin gave both of them C grades.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure he mentioned Ridley Scott at some point in here, notable director of films like Blade Runner in Alien. I don't know how that. I don't know how that worked in there, but I swear I heard Ridley.
Speaker 4: Scott Jammy Dodger and we're ready for Tottenham pints. Foggy underwearing a base and a gravy for Travy Marvel. He's the dog's bollocks, no doubt.
Speaker 6: He's saying the bills weakness is the run, and Travis Eten gets an A grade in this one. Then Colin went on to say Buffalo has allowed five point nine yards per CAKI on the year, which is the worst in the entire league. But then he said they're only seeing about sixteen rushing attempts per game, which is amongst.
Speaker 5: The lowest in the league.
Speaker 6: Et And has had at least eighteen carries in three of four games. So Colin's expecting the Jaguars to try to control the pace with et and I believe what he was saying. And he also went on to say we're not going to get as much of Tank Bigsby though, because he's getting all he's getting all of the carries inside five yards, but nothing else.
Speaker 5: And the Bills have only allowed to rushing touchdowns so far this year.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I heard when the phrase botlocks came up. I'm pretty sure that was Tank Bigsby right there.
Speaker 5: That was that part.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, tanks one nott in tanks, no two ways about it. Can't have any Mickey mouses in your blouses. Stephan Al have gone all jam tart on me nobbies cause Jimmy the lemon merchant is selling apples. That top choice mate.
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean obviously everyone heard it. He's saying, Josh Allen and Stefan Diggs are grades in this game.
Speaker 4: Yes, gotta be prop on, no two ways about it. Davy Gabe is a submarine captain and Sherfield Wednesday make Coppin Oily rag for Austin Martin.
Speaker 6: Yet now what he's saying is Gabe Davis only gets a c gray because Davis is lining up on the outside most often. We're he'll match up against Jacksonville's Darius Williams. Colin also went on to say, there who is the top PFF rated cornerback in the league from PFF in one hundred and sixty two snaps, he's allowed only eleven receptions and leads the league and pass it broken up with five. And that slot receiver tren Sherfield is going to get a seat as well because he's facing Trey Herndon, who is Jacksonville's best slot corner. Herndon has allowed a one to fifty one passer rating in his slot coverage and two touchdowns so far this year. By the numbers, he's been the worst slot corner in the league, even if he might be Jacksonville's best.
Speaker 4: Even the smolly bums ain't talking about Willis Dalzy and Dalty B.
Speaker 3: Franks.
Speaker 4: That be salty.
Speaker 6: Now he's talking about Dawson Knox, who has been limited in practice all week with a quad injury. Let's fire up Dalton Kincaid with a C grade here, Jacksonville has allowed the fourth most receptions and third most yards two opposing tight ends. And then he went on to say the King Kaid split snaps with Knox last last week, but the Kinkaid ran routes on seventy nine percent of his snaps.
Speaker 4: Wake os, dustbin lids and pull up ye lions, lay on, Let oh Collie boy give a Lumpyes, but Colin thinks d as a fisherman's data Old Jimmy the chef gets helped to scouta.
Speaker 5: So what he's saying here is that he only has a C grade on James Cook.
Speaker 6: He's leading a three way time share with Latavius Murray and Damian Harris for snaps, but only on the field for about forty percent of the snaps right now, and outside of Bijon Robinson's good day.
Speaker 5: Last week, the Jaguars have.
Speaker 6: Held opposing backs mostly in check, allowing seventy one rushing yards per game only and only one touchdown so far total this season. Those numbers don't split three ways. All that well, I believe, is how we wrap that up. OI got dream team?
Speaker 4: Sort it? Ain't I got you a couple Danny Dyers, Hey, blimey, make get your winner?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 4: Ain't you top choice?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 4: Callin Old Bobby's me ship is silent.
Speaker 1: Colin an excellent report. Thank you very much bringing all the intel from London taking on the Buffalo Bills. That was very, very well done. We're gonna take a break when we come back. And thanks again to Colin. Saints taking on the new England Patriots. Man, this Patriots team nearing rock bottom? Is there anybody to play? This is Bill Belichick and to quit in the middle of the game. We'll find out when we come back. Fantasy Football Weekly. Another big block of matchups coming. Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Chargy and Matt Harrison throw Nystrom with you if you haven't tried a guillotine league yet, or maybe if you're only in one, two, or three, you want to add another one. New Guillotine Leagues being formed virtually every day Guillotine Leagues dot Com. Fourteen weeks left in the season, there's still a lot of time to play.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I'm still alive in all four of them.
Speaker 1: Done all right, baby, yeah, I love it. Well done. Let's jump into the Saints taking on New England. Derek Carr looked not right last week, and I feel like they brought him back a week too early. They hopefully here, you know, the shoulders stronger, you can throw better. Patriots defense had a huge blow at the loss of Christian Gonzales and Matthew Judon. I mean, you know, you just took the best guy to the secondary and their best pass rusher off the field. So you know, what had been a stout New England defense, I feel like now is a lot more vulnerable. What do you think for this game?
Speaker 6: It definitely could be, but I think you have to keep Derek Carr on the bench in this game. He's officially questionable with that shoulder injury the Charger was referring to.
Speaker 5: Does look likely that car will play, but keep him on the bench anyway.
Speaker 6: To charge his previous point about the way he looked last week, the CARSA dot dropped from ten the first three games to seven last week.
Speaker 5: Three yards last Chris.
Speaker 6: O'lave I'm giving him a b Olave ranks number ten in the league in receiving grade three point six yards per route run against man coverage, which is important in this game because the Patriots defense is super man coverage heavy, and that secondary also has injuries like Charge was mentioning, and they're going to be forced to immediately insert J. C.
Speaker 5: Jackson into this game.
Speaker 1: With you think he's gonna play already in this game.
Speaker 5: I do, just because all the injuries bad.
Speaker 1: So JAC Jackson's going to go from healthy scratch yes on over to maybe starting or at least getting insignificant reps.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Bill Belichick and maybe.
Speaker 6: Across from Chris o'lave on some of those reps. But for all Loby, the weak offensive environment of this game and the questions I have about Car's ability to get it downfield with that shoulder injury, that's what make him a Bee for me.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna give Michael Thomas a volume C grade.
Speaker 6: Thomas only has one point one yards per route run against man coverage, but he does have one basically a one third first read share versus man, so they are throwing him the ball. It's just he's not doing a ton with those targets against man. I do expect the volume to keep up here for Thomas against that Patriots defense, and with the injuries that we've mentioned. I think that's what makes Thomas potentially playable. Unfortunately, I do not think the same for chargingized boy Rashid Shaki.
Speaker 1: We love him, but he needs downfield passing.
Speaker 5: He absolutely does.
Speaker 6: And the New England's man cover scheme, to your point, they take away the deep ball.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's just what they do.
Speaker 6: In addition to that, Shahit is the Saints' deep ball zone killer. That's what the game seat goes often because he can get deep beyond there and take the top off the defense. But Shahit only has zero point three yards per route run against man coverage this year.
Speaker 5: That is not good.
Speaker 6: Keep him on your bench. You also have to keep all the Saints tight ends on your bench. Juwan Johnson has a calf injury. Jimmy Graham may or may not start bench Both the Patriots are awesome against opposing tight ends and have been for a long time. Alvin Kamara, I'm giving him a grade to be in this game. Last week, first game back from his suspension, eighty four total yards on seventy five percent of the snaps to finish his fantasy's RB nine. He had thirteen catches in that game, unbelievable as Derek Carr became checked down Charlote with the Shelder injury.
Speaker 5: But in this game here for Kamara.
Speaker 6: The Patriots have a strong run defense that ranks number three in the league in stuff right. The Patriots also suppress receiving running backs. They've allowed the eighth lowest yards per reception to opposing running backs this year. Moving on to the Patriots of the baw the entire passing game, I advise you to keep on the bench Mac Jones, DeVante Parker, Juju Smith, Schuster, Hunter, Henry, all of them.
Speaker 5: Keep them all on the bench.
Speaker 6: The only guy that I think is fantasy playable in this game is Ramondre Stevenson, who is not having a very good season so far, but just on the volume here.
Speaker 5: I'm giving him a bee.
Speaker 6: Ramonder's averaging eighteen touches and sixty two point eight total yards per game with zero explosive runs.
Speaker 5: Hopefully that changes at some point.
Speaker 4: He's a good back.
Speaker 5: He's a very good back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, forty second out of fifty eight qualifying running backs in misforce tackles per attempt. For me, that's the bigger surprise than the zero explosive runs. I mean that kid's a tackle breaker.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Decent matchup in this game, though, which is why I tick him up to the B.
Speaker 6: In addition to the volume, the Patriots are going to feed him against what is a middling Saints run defense. The Saints pass defense is really good. There's only one route for New England here, which is just run the ball. That's going to benefit Remondre.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ramonder's got a thigh injury that we're monitoring. Managed to practice every day during the week. We think he will be able to go in this game. Baltimore takes on Pittsburgh. The Ravens offensive line dealing with a bunch of injuries. You want to double check on Morgan Moses, Tyler, Linderbaum, Ronnie Stanley, all guys. You'll want to double check their status here. Assuming that this line's been at least some semblance of order. Then there's some playable angles here. Let's start with Mark Andrews. He just rocked a much better Cleveland defense for a couple of scores. Pittsburgh has only allowed eleven receptions to tight ends, but ten yards per reception, so we like that. In Andrews's last four performances against the Steelers, He's top fifty yards three times, which is good. And in two of those games he had really big games eight receptions for eighty yards or better. They faced in Andrews level talent. George Kittle earlier this year held him to nineteen yards. So I've only got the B great and Andrews's tight end wasteland. You obviously have to start him. It's not a great matchup, it's a good decent matchup. B great Mark Andrews. Say Flowers is the other guy that you care about Steelers. In the passing game, Steelers are allowing the fourth most yards and second most touchdowns per game to wide receivers. Steelers are tied for the fourth most Fantasy points per game allowed to wide receivers, and despite his small size, Jay Flowers tied for fourth in red zone targets I did not expect Zay Flowers to be a red zone guy. That's been a nice development. I runs from all parts of the field and that he's really He's got plus individual matchups against all three struggling Steelers cornerbacks. There's Patrick Peterson, Chandon Sullivan, Levi Wallace. They've got pro football focused cornerback rankings of seventy fourth, one hundred and fourth, and one hundred and fifteenth. That's not great. So Jay Flowers be great for him. Rashad Bateman appears he's going to be able to go in this game, and I look, and I want to understand you if you don't even consider Rashod Baman been given his light usage so far and his injuries. But as I mentioned, fantastic matchup against these cornerbacks. So if you're looking for a potential dart throw, Rashad Bateman might be your guy here. OBJ however, still not one hundred percent off his zank injury and he's done nothing. I gotta leave him on the bench. That from a passing game standpoint. The last guy to talk about Lamar Jackson a grade. The last two quarterbacks to face the Steelers have thrown for three hundred plus yards and multiple touchdowns, and that was c. J. Stroud and Jimmy Garoppolo, by the way. As a result, Pittsburgh's currently bottom eight in passing yards and passing touchdowns allowed. Jackson did not face the Steelers last season, but he has rushed for at least fifty five yards in each of his last three games against them. If you go back a little bit, and of course had the big rushing game last week. Lamar Jackson getting used near the goal line. As we discussed in the Gus Edwards take a chance on Me segment earlier in this show. He comes in with a C grade for this one. Now we go to Pittsburgh, h Kenny Pickett's going to play. Not that it matters.
Speaker 4: That's a shame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the entire passing attack is on the bench, regardless of quarterback. You're not starting any part of this, this passing attack, and especially not an increasingly healthy and good Ravens secondary. Even with healthy Kenny Pickett, the Steelers a bottom set even in passing yards, completion rate, and passing touchdowns in the league. The Ravens have hammered similarly woeful opponents, allowing averages are just two hundred and three passing yards and zero point eight passing touchdowns per game. No Pat Fryer mouth in this game, But Darnell Washington's gonna get time or you know. I love the big o Darnell Washington, huge target, gigantic target, normous, So I'm excited to see what he does, even though I can't advocate for starting Darnell Washington.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just disappointed that we didn't get a sad trombone ski game so you could really get the sounders going.
Speaker 5: You think I wasn't waiting on that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 6: I gotta check on Matt Canada's burner on Twitter to see how many targets Washington's gonna get.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I so much wish he'd go see he would have landed someplace else, ye low, to see what he could do. Let's talk about the only parts of the Pittsburgh offense you care about, the running back position. Najee Harris is the league leader in line of scrimmage stuffs twenty seven percent. That's a great stat that is, isn't it The line of scrimmage stuff? It sounds like an oreo, it does. Yeah, the line of scrimmage double stuff little helmets on the On the cookie, Steelers are twenty ninth and run block win rate, which is not good. The Ravens have the third best run defense grade according to Pro Football fecus. Talking about footballs too much, Yeah, geez, only Zach Voss's top fifty nine yards against Baltimore. It took him thirty carries to get past fifty nine yards. We got to I think one hundred and ten in the game. The passing role is dried up for Najie Harris, which is unfortunate, averaging just one catch per game, and he has Pro Football focuses seventh worst receiving grade among running backs. I can only get him up to a C grade here. And Jalen Warren is just he's tapped out. It like seven carries a game. I just you know, you can't. You can't do anything from a fantasy standpoint in that kind of time frame on disappointingly. So yeah, we're.
Speaker 5: Stuck, all right.
Speaker 1: We've got about I think about four minutes here to get to our next get through our next matchup, which is Cincinnati taking on Arizona. Matt I can't tell you how many people have told me they're just they're benching Joe Joe Burrow until he proves he can throw down field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's fair. He's not on the injury report this week. He's going to play, but again, how healthy is he? He simply can't get the power on his throws with the right calf injury. His average depth of target last week against the Titans, who have a really bad secondary, was only four point four yards.
Speaker 1: It was just horrible.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 4: Even in a matchup against the bottom five defense like Arizona, it's still tough to trust him. I'll give Burrow a c but I'd rather not start him right now. T Higgins looks like he's not going to go this week with a rib injury. Hasn't practiced yet this week. Even if he does go, I think i'd leave him on the bench. But it is a great matchup for Jamar Chase. He'll match up most often with Arizona corner Marco Wilson, who's allowed the most yards in coverage this season at three hundred and forty five already. That's a lot a lot, Plus he's now the squeaky Wheel after the comments he made last week. This would be an a matchup, but I'm going to give him a B just on the bay of Joe Burrow's health and the fact that he's probably double covered the entire game. Joe Mixon is leading the league in one category. It's not like an oreo category, but it's almost as bad. The fewest air yards in the league. He's at negative thirty eight air yards, which translates to an average depth of target of negative four point one yards per play. I've never heard of a negative, especially the steep into a season. It's horrible.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: However, I don't think they need to pass mix in the ball much in this game. The Cardinals are one of the worst run defenses in the league. They're bottom ten and basically every category they're along. One hundred and forty six conbo yards and two scores per game to the position. A grade for Joe Mixon. On the other side, We'll start with James Connor, who I always expect to see on the injury report, but he's not there. He had sixty three percent of the team's rushing attempts. His backup Keanta Ingram looks like he'll miss this week, so that might go up. Plus, Connor has had one hundred percent of his team's rushing attempts from inside the five. The Bengals have allowed two one hundred yard rusher through four games, and the Ravens split backfield of Gus Edwards and Justice. He'll combine for one zero three in a score. Very solid B grade for James Connor. Marquise Brown is startable, but it's just a C grade. Getting a great market share twenty seven percent of the total targets forty one percent of the total air yards. Both are huge shares top ten in the league. Both both categories that keeps him afloat in tough matchups like this one. He'll split time with chadobe Awoozia and Cam Taylor Britt on the perimeter. Both of them have a three inch and twenty pound advantage on Brown. I'm not going as far as to go with waiver wire Darling Michael Wilson for this one, so we'll leave him on the bench. I will throw a starting grade on zach Ertz. He gets a B grade. He's had target totals of ten, to eight and ten in games this season, and he faces a SINCI team that's allowed the tenth most receiving yards and is tied for second most in tight end touchdowns allowed so far. And then finally, Josh Dobbs has two top ten weekly Fantasy finishes this season.
Speaker 1: I can play a little, and he runs a bit.
Speaker 4: He hasn't thrown an interception. He's currently fifth in the league and quarterback rushing yards, and he puts up some decent numbers in the last two weeks against the Cowboys and forty nine Ers. By the way, about that this defense isn't as good, I'll give Dobbs a seat, and it's closer to a B grade than a bench grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think people saw that coming. No tribute to him for handling it the way he has. When we come back three tough questions, you can play along try to go three and zero. Can also join a guillotine league. Guillotine leagues dot Com your opportunity to jump into a new, fresh guillotine league with a draft with all the things you already know about this season. And it's nice to know all the stuff that's already happened. Guillotine leagues dot Com back in moments. Everybody America's favorite game is at wheel four No, No, is it Monopoly? God know what an awful board game Monopoly is terrible, could never be made today? Do you ever laugh at the simplicity and stupidity of that board game?
Speaker 4: We're talking about code names, right, code name is great. That's a fun game.
Speaker 1: That's a good game. Now, that's a good game right there. Instead, No, we're talking about three tough questions. We're gonna play code name weekly.
Speaker 3: Tough question number one.
Speaker 1: Appropriate level of concern for Calvin Ridley? Is it none?
Speaker 3: Is it some?
Speaker 1: Or is it a bowel loosening level of existential dread?
Speaker 4: Matt, I mean it's the Jaguars things. We go get Collin out of it. I think he's still on the lobby.
Speaker 1: He is in the lobby occasion.
Speaker 4: It's worth noting that the last time I was on this show, we had the same question, but with Christian Kirk. And the last three weeks have been very disappointing for for Ridley. But the Jags have been just attacking the weaknesses of opposing defense. The Chiefs. Chiefs have two good perimeter corners and a bad slot corner, so they targeted Kirk Texans. Same thing, same thing with the Falcons last week, and actually it's the same thing this week as well. For the Jaguars going against the Bills. But it's probably four disappointing weeks in a row now, so there's got to be some concern. But I'm not ready to get the poop going or anything like that. I think we're okay here, all right.
Speaker 1: Thor appropriate level of concern for Calvin Ridley, none, some, or about a loosening level of existential dread.
Speaker 6: I'm going to give the same answer that I did when we talked about Christian Kirk.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say some for Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 6: The target here has obviously gone down for him since you know, with Christian Kirk, since Week one.
Speaker 5: After that for Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 6: But I do you know, in agreeing with Matt's point, I do think it's situational and circumstantial. You are going to have a bunch of games where he's going to give you value by yeah, you just have to mix some match based on the matchup.
Speaker 1: So some is your answer.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes.
Speaker 1: Ridley has seemed declining targets, declining air yards, and declining target share percentage in every game this year. He's now behind presumed irrelevant teammate Zay Jones in air yards for the season. You mentioned the trick in your matchup this week, Matt, but also let me mention this Week seven at the Saints, that's no kakewalk. Week nine is a bye, I hear they have a great defense. Week ten San Francisco. Those are all games that will cause some hesitation before you insert Calvin Ridley into your lineup. By the way, the first play schedule's got consequences every year. Sure, no, this is it for Jacksonville. Four drops in four games for Calvin Ridley, no bueno. As a reminder, Calvin Ridley had a great twenty twenty. Here's his finish in all the other years of his career. Wide receiver thirty seven, Wide receiver eighteen, Wide receiver twenty nine, and right now he's wide receiver thirty one in Fantasy points. Maybe this this's just who he is. He is roughly the thirty best best wide receiver in the league. He's roughly a flex guy. Though maybe the outlier here was his twenty twenty season when he finished his wide receiver three. That might not be who he is, and maybe our expectations got blown way out of the water in Week one. The appropriate level of concern for Calvin Ridley is some.
Speaker 3: Tough question. Number two, is it too.
Speaker 1: Early to sabotage drop Darren Waller? We go to Thorneistrom, you can't drop them. It's the state of the tight end position and fantasy right now. It's even worse than Darren Waller has been so far. I would just wonder who are you going to drop him for? If you're going to apples for.
Speaker 6: Raffles at that position, John Smith, Mostly they're waiver wire for tight ends. It's a wasteland. And you know, even the Waller's been bad, and obviously that the Giants have been a joke. Waller is still te twelve in Ppore, and I would guess, and I would bet that he will be better than that going forward the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: So I wouldn't cut him.
Speaker 1: All right, Matt, is it too early to sabotage drop Darren Waller?
Speaker 4: It's worth noting that I was pretty much the only one on the show in preseason who is not on board with Darren Waller.
Speaker 1: Ever, all right, fine, I'll give you the peacock games. He said he'd be hurt by now, which he's not. He's always hurt.
Speaker 4: He's not hurt for three years.
Speaker 1: He's not hurt.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, Daniel Jones, he's not good. He's never been good as a passer. Everything from a fantasy fantasy perspective for Jones that's been good for him has been on the ground and never had Waller. So I can't sabotage drop him. I will just drop him. It's not a sabotage drop anymore because nobody's gonna pick him up. He's bad. It's oh, it's over, Johnny, and they'll start him too. Yeah. I guess then it is a good sabotage drop.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 1: You know what's gonna happen when you drop Waller?
Speaker 4: Right, he's gonna he's gonna have a game with one hundred yards and in the end he's gonna pull a hamstring and never play again.
Speaker 1: The Giants are dumb, but even they can figure out that Waller means wins. In their one victory this year, Week two against Arizona, Waller totaled seventy six yards on six catches and they won that game. In three losses, he's been held to exactly three receptions in those games in each of those and no more than thirty six yards. I mean If you use Waller, you win. If you don't use them, you lose. It's so simple, so simple, you wouldn't think it would be so hard for them. We can't sabotage drop Darren Waller yet there's not enough good tight ends to go along, and let's just hope to God that they figure it out.
Speaker 4: So, like the Randy ratio back in the day, they need the Waller ratio or something.
Speaker 3: Yes, moving on to question number three.
Speaker 1: Should I sell high on Kyron Williams, Matt.
Speaker 4: Yes, The numbers look good so far, but some of the advanced stats don't like him very much. His yards before contact is on the below average end at two point four yards per attempt. Yards after contact actually a bit worse at one point four yards per attempt, but the worst number through sixty four rushing attempts. He has one broken tackle. That's not good. He's pretty small at five nine one ninety four. I'm not sure this rushing style and this amount of a workload is conducive to him holding up at this rate for an entire season. So I would definitely sell high right now?
Speaker 1: All right, Thorpe, are you selling high on Kyron Williams? I'm gonna say yes with a couple big caveats.
Speaker 6: It totally depends on what that sell high looks like, number one, and also what your team's running back situation is. Like, if Kyrien's your weekly flex and you're weak at wide receiver and someone's going to give you a wide receiver one for Kyen, you do that. But if he's your RB one right now, you're not going to get a better running back for him one for one in a trade, so you would have to hold in that scenario.
Speaker 1: But I agree with everything Matt said, and I had many of Matt's talking points as well. The answer is yes on talent. Should Kyron william be the third highest scoring fantasy running back? No, Hello, absolutely not. I shouldn't be in the conversation with Christian McCaffrey. No, of course not. He's been aided by massive and likely totally unsustainable usage, especially near the strike. Eight carries inside the ten yard line already then the league best five touchdowns from inside the five yard line already for Kyron Williams not sustainable. Meanwhile, Matthew Stafford playing great, He's got three passing touchdowns on the season. Those things are going to equalize out and the touchdowns are going to dry up for Kyron Williams. Fantasy managers desperate at the running back position. I think you can find somebody if you shop Kyrienn Williams, you can find somebody that's gonna trade you a wide receiver, one, a top four tight end, a different top ten running back that you could go invest in. I think we're selling out on Kyrien Williams.
Speaker 5: You got him for free.
Speaker 1: You're gonna turn him into a much better and more reliable player. Go back to the matchups the Giants aforementioned Giants with Darren Waller. In fact, I wait, start on Darren Waller. Let's get right into Darren Wallert's get right into it. Darren Waller's solid bench grade. Right it might be Darren Waller taking on Miami with the for the Giants. Do they rebound it for a better game here?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, I'm gonna go a C on Darren Waller. I'm sorry to disappoint.
Speaker 6: Matt Waller does have a solid twenty four percent air yard share, but right now only one point two yards per route run amid all the Giants offensive struggles, which I'm going to talk a little bit think about.
Speaker 4: That second one point two yards per route run and he's got twenty. Daniel Jones is throwing the ball just like just over the head of the defensive line right now.
Speaker 5: He only has the time to do that for a life.
Speaker 6: But you know, like I mentioned before, Waller still does sit T twelve in PPR leagues and the Dolphins this week's opponent. Both they're going to stomp the Giants and incentivise them to pass more, but they're also average against opposing tight ends. They rank middle of the pack in almost every thing, uh number seventeen for instance, in receiving yards allowed to the tight end position. You have to keep all the Giants wide receivers on the bench because, as always, you don't know where the ball is going on the few completions that they end up getting. Now, Church, you know, I'm a I'm a new guy to the show, do you so?
Speaker 5: I don't know? Is there something opposite of a peacock sound? As I begin to talk about Daniel Dimes.
Speaker 4: There's the mongoose rights.
Speaker 1: Exactly if we have a mongoose is the anti peak?
Speaker 6: I think I need it's time for me to give me a call PA to the audience. I gave Daniel Jones and a last week.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I was doing.
Speaker 4: There's also the eye was wrong button that no, not that one. That one. Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: So the bad news is that exactly is that I was dead wrong. But the good news is I think I've seen the light last time.
Speaker 6: Dimes is obviously badly, badly struggling just in a vacuum, but even more so behind that injury ravage Giants offensive line that at five guys on the injury report, three of whom have already been ruled out. Andrew Thomas, John Michael Schmidz, and Shane Mario Lemieux are all going.
Speaker 5: To be out for this game.
Speaker 6: So the offensive line of the blocking is getting no better for the Giants, which is bad news for Saquon Barkley if he manages to play. Of course, another guy on the injury report. Barkley has missed the last two games with a great two high ankle sprain. Limited in practice once again this week. Brian Dables said on Friday that Sakuon will be a game time decision.
Speaker 5: If he plays, you give him a volume C.
Speaker 6: He definitely may not, and if he doesn't, obviously Matt Brida is gonna play again.
Speaker 5: He wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Brita would only be a desperation play in super deep leagues. The two games where Seikwon's been out and Brita has had to take over seven touch it for eighteen yards against the forty nine Ers, he did get a touchdown that game for just a little bit of value. Last week, Brita had fourteen cares for thirty against the Seahawks. Not the best, no, but we're gonna move to a team that has a much funner offense here with the Dolphins. To is a must start obviously, an a Fantasy QB eight, number one in passing grade in the NFL most throwing touchdowns versus man coverage this season, and the Giants are an extremely man coverage intensive team, so I think this is a really good matchup for Tua. Tyreek Kill another weekly must start Tyreek. This is a particularly awesome matchup for him because he is utterly dominant against man coverage, always has been.
Speaker 5: He's gonna light up the Giants.
Speaker 6: Jalen Wattle, I'm gonna give him a B, but that great would be closer to a sea than an A. As I mentioned, the Giants run lots of man coverage. The Dolphins go to Tyreek Kill in man coverage. Wattle only has a thirteen percent target share against man coverage. The Dolphins tight ends of corus As always stay on your bench.
Speaker 5: Devin A. Chane eight chan as he's not. I'm getting there.
Speaker 1: He's the one who changed his name. Yeah, we don't have to apologize for not getting it right.
Speaker 6: Two weeks later, I'm still I'm still getting there, but I'm giving him an A played sixty percent of the snaps last week, eleven touches for one hundred and twenty total yards. He's taken over this backfield. He's going to be the starter going forward. Eight eight Chan is number one in explode in the NFL, not amongst rookies whatever. In the NFL, explosive run rate mistackles fourth per attempt and yards after contact per attempt.
Speaker 5: At folks, we got some good news. The Giants run defense.
Speaker 6: Has allowed the fourth highest explosive run rate in the in the NFL. He's going nuts, Rocky Moster, so I give him. I forget if I said that. Moster, I'm gonna give a bee. He's obviously now going to take the back seat. A little bit to the rookie. He Moster played forty three percent of the snaps last week, had ten touches forty five total yards, but he does rank number five in the NFL in explosive run rates. Still, as I mentioned, the Giants run defense regularly gives up dingers, so there's always that shot that Moster gets one of those. But he might need to have one of those explosive place to return value in this game.
Speaker 1: See I think you could go a A for both guys, but you're totally justifiable given what this matchup is all about.
Speaker 5: This run defense will facilitate it.
Speaker 1: I think that would make sense. When we come back Tennessee taking on Indianapolis. On this show last week, we basically declared Derek Henry dead and then he probably went out, had a signature touchdown run and passed. Let's see where we land on Derek Henry's he takes on Indianapolis when we returned to Fantasy Football Weekly, Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. We continue to power through all of the matchups. In week number five, Tennessee takes on Indianapolis start with Derrick Henry, apparently not dead yet, reeled off one of his epic signature runs last week. He averaged one hundred and forty three total yards against the Colts per game against the Colts last year, which are great numbers. Of course, he faces eight or more defenders in the box on forty eight percent of his rush attempts. That's the second highest. Colts are middle of the pack in most rushing defensive metrics, but are allowing one score per game, and that's where Henry's likely to pay dividends here. Colts are much better against the run than against the pass. It should be the rare Titans game where I think Henry doesn't need to carry the load. I already told earlier Ryan Tannils might take a chance at me quarterback. I like the passing game here. Derek Henry logs in with a B grade, Ryan Tannehill with a B grade, even though be without Traylan Burks in all probability, he'd missed the whole week of practice, not expected to play in this one. But how about DeAndre Hopkins languishing to this point of the season. I think this is the one where it finally happens. Oh, I told you earlier. Starting cornerback Dallas Flowers is out for the year. Their cornerback situation is bad. I told you earlier Darryl Baker had been benched. He probably gets back on the field, and if they don't use him, they have to put seventh round rookie Jalen Jones in his first ever meaningful action onto the field. In either situation, it's a very plus opportunity for DeAndre Hopkins. The Colts have allowed the seventh most receptions and yards per game to wide receivers. DeAndre Hopkins logs in with a B grade and I think his first really big box scorer as a Titan Nick Westbrook a kine showing up into this matchup because it's so easy. He scored touchdowns in two of his last three games with Traylon Burks out. Last week, he saw an uptick to six targets, had five receptions, and Traylon Burk's gonna miss them as well. He also played more outside, where he'll also get that Darryl Baker Jalen Jones situation I just described with Hopkins, and he could cash in on that too. Let's throw in chick a konkquo. You gotta be smart about where you start him.
Speaker 4: But this is one of those spots.
Speaker 1: Colts allowing the fifth most tight end receptions, the six most tight end yards, four different tight ends of top thirty four yards against the Colts. A Conku was scored in one of the Indie matchups last year. He got a goose egg in the other, So maybe he's a Maybe he's an all or nothing play here. I like your opportunities see grade with chig aconk Wu. And it pains me because I love Tajay Spears, but I think this is a trickier matchup. Colts are much better against the run than the pass. Spears is in an almost dead even split in snaps with Derrick Henry, but he just doesn't get the ball in his hands enough to be a reliable starter in trickier matchups. He's getting more receiving work though, nine targets the past two games. I like that, but still like four catches a game. It's tough to put it together a meaningful box score that way.
Speaker 4: You're losing your curveball charge. Then you did a nine times right there, and it was it was just sitting there. It's team.
Speaker 1: It's a posthumous nine times right there. I'm really disappointed in myself. Let's go to the Indianapolis side. Anthony Richardson clocking in with an A grade. Yeah, I wish Fish was here for this. He's been Fantasy Gold and two and a half games played so far, he's averaging one and a half rushing touchdowns per game. The Titans have allowed at least two hundred and ninety passing yards and are multiple passing touchdowns in three or four games, and they are one of six teams allowing a completion percentage north of seventy percent. I think I think Thoris had these matchups in both games that you've had against the Titans. They're great basically, like short of it is, They're a pass funneling team that's great against the run, and they'll just they'll get they'll they'll take their chances in the past, correct, and Anthony Richardson should be good enough to run against them anyway and get a little something done through the air.
Speaker 4: Here. Just think about when Anthony Richardson actually gets good too home, then what right he's gonna break the sport he.
Speaker 1: Might he's breaking Fantasy scoring systems right now. Michael Pittman locks his logs in with a B grade. He runs from all over the field and has mostly plus individual matchups wherever he runs from a run against cornerback Sean Murphy bunting often he's just okay, averaging allowing a forty excuse me, seventy seven percent completion rate. But he's a great tackler, and he's also a physical cornerback, so he can match Pittman's size and toughness. So I don't say big plays coming for Pittman, but I see enough receptions to keep him comfortably startable. He's also, by the way, Pittman, you don't think the Colts is a high volume offense. He's the fourth most targeted player in the NFL. Michael Pittman in the red zone. Excuse me, a little asteris on that? How about this angle? Alec Pierce? What are we talking about? Alec Pierce?
Speaker 3: How about this?
Speaker 1: He's on the field for ninety five percent of the snaps for the Colts, ninety five. He runs the majority of his routes on the side of the field of struggling cornerback Christian Fulton, who's allowing a seventy eight percent completion rate and a lot of big plays, including two forty yard completions in his coverage. Already, Fulton ranks as cornerback one hundred and fifty one by Pro Football Focus, and Pierce says the fifth longest a dot in the league at seventeen yards per pass. I think they connect this week. Here's your official dart throw of it. Alec Pierce should have made him might take a chance on me wide receiver problem.
Speaker 5: He's gonna have at least one long TOUCHDOW in this game. I feel like I like that angle.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right. How about some underneath stuff for Josh downs while.
Speaker 5: We're at it.
Speaker 1: By the way, see grade on Alick Pierce. See grade on Josh Downs getting a lot of snaps. He's on the field seventy five percent of the plays. By the way, it goes to their top three guys on the field all the time. Nobody else sees the field as a wide receiver. On the Colts, he's going to face off against cornerback Roger McCreary in the slot. McCreary's there's nothing special giving up seventy two percent completion rate. Slot receivers Keenan, Allen, Rashid Shaheed, Elijah Moore have all posted very good games against the Titans so far this year. See grade for Josh downs. And now the tricky part, what do you do with Jonathan Taylor now? Well, head coach Shane Steiken would asked if Taylor was going to see the field, said, we'll see, but he's a stone cold liar, because well know they're putting their best player on the field. That's Jonathan Taylor. He's healthy. That ankle, to me, is not a worry. This is an ankle injury he ran on last year. I think the ankle is not even an issue here. I suspect Jonathan Taylor's going to touch the ball twelve to fifteen times.
Speaker 5: So even against a good.
Speaker 1: Run defense, which the Titans are they ranked fifth best, and run stuff win rate they ranked sixth, and tackling by Pro Football Focus, it's still Jonathan Taylor. I believe he sees the majority of the work here. And I'm putting a C grade on him in his first game back, and I'm starting him in some of my guillotine leagues. I'm putting my neck on the line. Yere Bro lead backs are averaging a paltry forty two yards per game against the Titans again, It's a tough spot, but I believe Jonathan Taylor's back and healthy, and I can't. I'm not benching him. You can decide if you've got the stones for that or ovaries for that for that matter, Zach Boss drop him yet, you know, let's just see how this thing plays out. But I think he moves to a committee Sipe type role as a number two back.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It feels like an eight touch game coming and we're not going to start him against a good defense in that.
Speaker 5: Spot, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up the Jets taking on Denver Man. We have already accounted for almost every part of the Jets and take a chance on me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Back all the ones that you wouldn't normally start, that's right, you're starting them, and all the ones that you normally start, you're also starting now.
Speaker 1: So I think it just leaves Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Breece Hall gets a B grade for much of the same reasons I liked Dalvin Cook. It would be an A grade if I could trust the workload actually increasing for Breese, but still could be a split. Garrett Wilson easy a grade in this The Broncos have allowed five different wide receivers the top sixty yards of this season. Four of those have scored a touchdown, including eight for one point thirty one and one to DJ Moore last week. Wilson has seen eight, nine and fourteen targets and Zach will since three starts and Church mentioned Denver corner Damari Mathis who's horrible. Wilson will score this week, so he's getting an A grade. On the Denver side. Javonte Williams is trending in the right direction, as he went from a no show in practice on Wednesday to limit it in Thursday. Problem is he's splitting work with samaj p Ryan and Waiver Wire Darling Jaliel McLoughlin. McLoughlin has both Denver running back touchdowns this year. Even if william goes, I think this might be McLoughlin's game here. He was Brian's premature speculation in Week two. By the way, that was a great call by Brian. Last week, McLoughlin had one hundred and four total yards in a score on ten touches. The Jets have allowed the fifth most combo yards to opposing backs this year at one hundred and fifty two per game. So if Williams does go, I guess they both get a C grade, But if Javante is ruled out, McLoughlin moves up to a B grade.
Speaker 6: In my mind, I look back at my draft rankings. I had him compared to Philip Lindsay interestingly.
Speaker 1: And interesting I can see that comparison okay.
Speaker 4: From a fantasy perspective, Russell Wilson hasn't been horrible multiple touchdowns in three or four games, is thrown for over three hundred yards and two of the last three. Problem is, the Jets defense has been really good against the pass. Dak Prescott's two hundred and fifty five yards and two scores is the high water mark against the Jets in both categories, and they just held Patrick Mahomes to two oh three and one touchdown last week. It's barely a C grade for Russell Wilson, and it's only because the Broncos have been trailing big in so many games that it seems like the game script will dictate that he has to throw. As for the receiverers sauce, Gardners stays on the left side and that's the no toss sauce zone. He'll see Courtland Sutton most often. So Sutton is on the bench, Jerry Judy travels from the slot most often. That's the best matchup against the other Michael Carter, but he's been pretty good this year too. On one hundred and twelve slot snaps, Carter has only allowed five receptions on the air. So I've got all the Broncos wide receiver on the bench, and I don't think that you're starting Adam Troutman. But the Jets have allowed the most touchdowns to the tight end position this year with four.
Speaker 1: What happened to Adam Troutman? You know, it seemed like that Week one he was involved in the passing game, and then but Dulsich was healthy. Then then Dulsich gets knocked out, and then they like, no passes to Troutman since then.
Speaker 5: So weird, It's so weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's been another in a series of tight end disappointments for this season. Definitely last one for this segment, Dallas taking on San Francisco in a titanic battle of great defenses. Let's start on the Dallas side, by a wide margin. This is the best defense they've faced all year. What do you like on the Dallas side?
Speaker 5: Not Dak Prescott.
Speaker 6: Now you're keeping Dak on the bench only QB twenty four in fantasy points per game. How about that second worst with a five point nine to a dot. The forty nine Ers course have the great pass rush and they've been tough on opposing quarterback this season, both in fantasy and on the field. So you have to keep Dak on your bench. Ceedee Lamb. I'll give him a b CD's wide receiver sixteen in fantasy. He's close to that number seventeen in yards per rout run this game against obviously a good forty nine Ers defense. He's Ceedee Lamb's gonna be locking horns with forty nine Ers. Cornerback Isjiah Oliver, who's only allowed a sixty two point nine passer rating against this year. You have to keep Brandon Cooks and Michael Gallup on your bench. Dak isn't throwing enough to support a second wide receiver in fantasy.
Speaker 5: It just is what it is.
Speaker 6: Jake ferguson the tight end, We're gonna give him a c Okay tight end eight so far in fantasy doing great, Yeah, head number one in the league amongst tight ends in red zone targets. Oh, Jake Ferguson surprising stat But Jake Ferguson, he's sort of like the Cadarius Tony of tight ends. The targets wildly vacillate for him. Came in and game out because of the playing time, right, I mean, he's he's gotten target when he's on the field, But like the snapshare is just pretty low. Super volatile fantasy player who's dependent on those red zone targets. I'm gonna give them a seed just on the upside, but it can go either way with Ferguson, that deserves to be said. The other thing about this the matchup for Ferguson, forty nine Er is very good against opposing tight ends. They allow the sixth fewest receiving yards in the NFL to that position. Tony Pollard, we're gonna give him a great b in this game, running back four in expected fantasy points per game, six spots higher than he's running back ten right now in the overall scoring. The Cowboys offensive line hasn't been fully healthy all season long, but it may be this week. But of course, on the other side of it, the forty nine Ers run defense is super legit. They allow the second lowest explosive run rate, So they're gonna bottle up Pollard a little bit. Can we get the efficiency, Can we get some of the receiving stuff, We'll see if.
Speaker 5: Can we get a touchdown? We'll see about that.
Speaker 6: Given Tony Pollard a be moving on to the forty nine Ers side, Christian McCaffrey a RB one and Fantasy RB one and our Hearts Weekly must start Brandon Ayuk given him a Grade A wide Receiver nine in Fantasy so far. This is a smash matchup for Ayuk. We talked about this a couple of times already this year. Ayuk is the forty nine Ers man coverage beater three point eight yards per route run against man. This year, the Cowboys are super duper man heavy in their coverage. Yeah, Ayuk's gonna smoke them. Deebo, Samuel, he's gonna get a CE from me. Zero targets for Deebo last week, despite running eighty one percent of the roads.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't realize he was that active. It was all decoy with those Yeah, all.
Speaker 6: A decoy roll banged up a course with he had a tweak knee played through. He had the rib injury before. We'll see if this is indicative of anything or not. But Deebo was taken off the injury report officially on Friday. Yeah, So where are we gonna get another decoy week? Does you get to play more you know, or get more targets that I'm not sure of, But I will say in terms of the it's an IU game because of the coverage tendencies of the opponent as opposed to Debo. Just outside of the stuff that I just said, forty nine ers don't throw d ball. The ball nearly as much against man coverage. Deebo is the guy who kills zone coverage. I'm only giving Deebo a seat in this game. Breck Perdy, I love him this week he is might take a chance on me quarterback. I think he's gonna have a really big game. George Kittle Gonna give him a grade of B. Kittle had the seven catches for ninety yards in Week three, but thirty or less receiving yards in the other games so far, has a twenty three percent first re target scheer though versus man like the Cowboys are, so I think the targets could tick up here for George Kittle. Especially if deebo Is isn't one hundred percent despite me taking off the injury or right, you know.
Speaker 1: We may find out this Dallas defense, which looks dominating, it's got a little bit of fraud to them. Right, They faced Daniel Jones, Zach Wilson, Josh Dobbs and Mac Jones Bailey's appy combo planner. Yeah, you know, granted they forced though some of those starters. Know bench some of those starters in doing it, but you know this is their first test against a real offense.
Speaker 5: It's a different thing here, for sure.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, when we come back, premature speculation, guys, you can pick up now that other people will be trying to pick up after this weekend's games. Find out who they are when.
Speaker 5: We come back.
Speaker 1: It's Fantasy Football Weekly final segment. Fantasy Football Weekly strongly encourage you to try a brand new shiny Guillotine league. You can always draft a new team fourteenth weeks left to play a lot of time left. Of course, you know the format works. Instead of playing head to head every week, the low scoring team gets chopped from the league, their players go to the waiver wire, and the rest of us build superstar lineups. That just get over the course of the season. You don't have to be first, You just don't be last in any given week. Avoid the chopping block. Last man standing wins the whole thing. Guillotine leagues dot Com, it's time for premature speculation. We give you three players others will be trying to pick up later. You'll be glad you already have. We begin with Matt Harrison.
Speaker 4: I think you'll be glad if you pick up Rashie Rice before this week's game against the Vikings. Rice. By the way, thorneistrom original forty six percent rostered on sleeper has seen twelve targets over the last two weeks as his role has expanded from week two to week three to week four. And there's a lot of guys on this roster from a wide receiver perspective, but Rice is the only one who's seen some consistent growth over the past three weeks. And if you're going to speculate on a cheaps wide receiver being viable at all this year, he's my choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why pick other receivers we know aren't reliable? Yeah, Like I don't know MVS right, you never you know, good luck guessing that one. Game a month when you wish you'd started him.
Speaker 4: Oopsy drops the Kadarius Tony.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, No more like Oopsy there goes my Hammi Kadarius Tony. Yeah all right. Thor your your premature speculation player.
Speaker 6: This is my for my superflexers out there, and I sort of, you know, hinted at this one earlier when we were talking about Desmond Ritter and my expectation that he's going to get the hook. Taylor Heineke is my prespeculation this week. If Desmond Rider plays poorly, I believe he is going to get benched. Heinike thirty four hundred and nineteen passing yards and twenty one touchdowns of fifteen starts back in twenty twenty one for the Commanders. In super flex leagues, Heineke could be startable as a quarterback two in his good matchups. And here is where I'm going with that. The Falcons have a bunch of them coming up super favorable schedule over the next five games. The Falcons have a plus matchups against the Titans, Vikings, and Cardinals in that stretch. Again, if Ritter struggles this week, it's Taylor Heineke time.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna riff off of that and go with another veteran quarterback that could get moved from his team to a quarterback needy team, and that's Andy Dalton. You know, if something happens, let's look at here. I'll give you four teams that are possible destinations. Well three and a half. I don't think your I think your Falcons just go to Heineke. I don't think they would actually acquire Andy Dalton. How about the Patriots in desperate trouble at quarterback. How about the Jets trying to keep their seats alive, right yep? How about the Steelers where they might want to decide to just sit Kenny Pickett for a while.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're getting close to yeah, or just anything.
Speaker 1: Happens to any of the other starting quarterbacks in the league, somebody gets hurt on a on a contending team, Andy Dalton makes the most sense. Carolina is fully invested in getting Bryce Young all the reps that he can get. Dalton could walk into basically any locker room and be an effective starter one week later. Effective not great. So again, two quarterback leagues, super flex leagues. If you're looking for a stash guy, just to see how this thing plays out. Andy Dalton is acquirable for probably like a fourth round pick, so you could afford to get him. He doesn't cost you a lot on the salary cap, and he could find himself in a landing spot that's better.
Speaker 4: Sory. Are you saying he's a mustache? Oh?
Speaker 3: I like it? I like it?
Speaker 5: Well done?
Speaker 3: Or not?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start back to the matchups.
Speaker 4: Matt I apologize.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Ram's taking on Philadelphia, and everybody wants to know. Do I start Cooper Cup?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think you do.
Speaker 4: We can start over on the Rams side. Cooper Cup does return this week. How do we feel about this for Puka Nakua?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: In my mind I think they're both startable with B grades here, even Cup right out of the gate. Both of them are in the breakfast club with Matthew Stafford, so I don't think Nakua and his targets dry up here. He's probably not going to get twenty targets like you did in week two, but ten targets seems reasonable. That's what he had last week when he had nine catches one hundred and sixty three yards in a score the Eagles. By the way, bottom ten in receptions, yards and touchdowns allowed to the wide receiver position, so it's a fine start here for Cup as well. I think Atwell's probably the guy who loses the target share here. I'd leave him on the bench, but fire up Cooper Cup and Pooka Nakua with B grades. Tyler Higbee, also getting a B grade, averaging six and a half targets per week, faces one of the worst tight end defenses in the league in Philly. Again, Eagles are bottom ten in receptions, yards and touchdowns to the tight end position. Game script probably dictates that the Rams are playing from behind in this one too, and passing a lot, which is why I like Matthew Stafford with a B grade. It's true that he only has three passing scores on the season, but this is the first time that Stafford and Cooper Cup have been healthy and on the field together since like the Super Bowl two years ago, so I really like this. The Eagles are allowing an average of two hundred and seventy nine yards and two and a quarter passing scores per game to opposing quarterbacks. It's tough to run on them, and the game scripts, like I said, have dictated the teams have had to pass. Why I don't like Kyron Williams this week? The Eagles are top five in yards per carry allowed at two point nine combo yards allowed at only eighty four per game, and they've only given up one touchdown to the position this season. And we mentioned it's probably the cell high moment for Williams. I think this is it right here. We saw ninety nine percent of the running back snaps go to Williams in weeks two and three when they exiled cam Akers. But Ronnie Rivers came in last week and picked up twenty seven percent of the snaps. That number might continue to grow. I'll give Kyrin the C grade, but I don't like it, and it's about the lowest C grade there is. Like if there was a lot of guys who are C grades, he'd be the lowest one in my rankings. Three's there.
Speaker 1: He's the most SA of the seas, bottom of the seas.
Speaker 4: Like the most D of the seas. Maybe on the other side, Jalen Hurts and AJ Brown, I think they're obvious A grades. Even in a somewhat difficult matchup DeVonta Smith. He still gets a B grade too. He's been seeing about twenty percent of his team's target share, and he's got thirty seven percent of the team's air yards. Kobe Durant and Akello Witherspoon have been well below average, and Smith runs from everywhere on the field, so he gets to see both of them. A ton. Dallas Goddard just a C grade. He's averaging just four point seventy five target per game. Yeah, it's brutal.
Speaker 1: These guys are gonna fish with like one hundred catches for one hundred catches for four hundred yards on the season.
Speaker 4: Shane Steichen took all of the plays that were for Dallas Goddard, brought him to Indy.
Speaker 1: He did and where Jelanie Woods. Some day it's gonna come off ir and dominate, I swear.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Indy, the three nondescript Colts tight ends combined for six catches, one hundred and seven yards and two scores last week against this team. That's what's booing Dallas Goddard here. The Rams defense not that great against the tight end DeAndre Swift. It's not the easiest matchup, but he still gets a be He's seeing about two thirds of the snaps over the last three weeks, and that's vaulted him into the top ten of fantasy runners because of it. However, the Rams aren't giving up a ton to opposing They're seventh in the league in total yards allowed to opposing backs at about ninety five per game, and they've only allowed nine total receptions to back nine times. I was on that one. Good. Oh, you were totally ready there. That's the best in the league. So DeAndre Swift will be you know, it's okay, It's okay, match.
Speaker 1: I keep forgetting my puka music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is just relaxing. I like this a lot.
Speaker 5: It is nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, why can't we do Fantasy Football Weekly live from Oahu?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, do you think we could get the station to get a trip like like they do for the Power Trip Morning show out to Vegas. We could get a Hawaii Fantasy Football Weekly training camp out there.
Speaker 1: I don't see why we can bring the Pro Bowl back? Yeah, to do the Pro Bowl absolutely. The Monday night er is Green Bay at Las Vegas. You want to check the status of the absolutely wrecked Green Bay offensive line. David Baktiari God bless him. Five knee surgeries he's got another one coming up. It'll be a fifth knee surgery in three years. Awful situation. He's on ir now. But also you got a monitor Elton Jenkins and John Runyan who both may not play in this Monday nighter. If they don't, and I've dropped all these packers one letter grade because of these offensive line worries. If between now and Monday, you find out that Jenkins and Runyon are going, then by all means upgrade these guys. But that's the presumption I've got going into this one. Let me start with the wide receivers. Romeo Dobbs, nobody talking about a top fifteen receiver in most fantasy formats. He's just a weekly starter. You just start him every week. Now then an obvious one against a bad raider secondary. This week, he runs predominantly on the left side of the field, which puts him up against something called Jacoryan Bennett, a rookie who's learning some tough lessons on the fly. Bennett giving a big plays with the reception of at least thirty two yards in three of four games and allowing an opposer passer rating of one hundred and thirty eight. Romeo Dobbs b great in the one. Christian Watson on the field for twenty six snaps last week in his return from the hamstring injury. He's still on the injury list, so I think I'm gonna show a little more caution with him with just the C grade because he's still not one hundred percent and I don't know that the snap crount is going to vault. It'll go up, but I don't know if it vaults up. Last year, he was averaging more like fifty snaps a game, so hopefully he can get closer to that point here. Watson's also going to see some of the Jacorey and Bennett guy along with gambling cornerback Marcus Peters in this one. They both allow a passer ratings so above one hundred and twelve, and both have allowed a touchdown in their coverage already. Last year, four of Watson's six touchdowns came versus man. Last season, Las Vegas cornerbacks play man on about a third of their plays, So there's going to be some opportunities here, you know, you know, the dal Christian Watson is a boomerbust guy C grade. Hopefully it works out I'm keeping Jaden Reid in my starting lineup. The rookie didn't see any loss of playing time when Christian Watson came on the field last week because he runs from the slot and that puts him up against cornerback Amik Robertson, who got hurt in Week one, then came back last week and probably gave up fifty five yards and a touchdown in his coverage. Jayden Reid C grade. So if I've got b's and c's and these receivers, it means I like Jordan Love at least some. He's NFL's bottom ranked passer by completion percentage, below guys like Zach Wilson and Kenny Pickett and Desmond Ritter, but Jordan loves a highly inconsistent passer being offset a lot by his scrambling, which is netted him twenty yards and half a rushing touchdown per game. And the Raiders have allowed multiple touchdowns to every opposing quarterback, including two rushing touchdowns last week. So between air and ground, I still like Jordan Love a lot B grade here and again, if the offensive line clicks in with some good news on Jenkins and Runyon, we could even see an A grade on Jordan Love In this game, AJ Dillon's dead to us. AJ Dillon just isn't good. He's a big guy who does not break any tackles and has got no wiggle, no footwork. He's he's on the bench, and he's a drop candidate for your team. Because even when Jones misses games, you can't start him. He doesn't do anything in those situations. I'm totally out on him. Aaron Jones should if there's any justice in the world, Aaron Jones should get the vast majority of the work in this offense. Now, he had nowhere to run last week due to the Packers' offensive line. That was a wreck, and that worries me here again to this week. So I've only got the C grad on Aaron Jones. No Packer running back has surpassed fifty five rushing yards this season. The Raiders have held three or four starting runners to sixty five rushing yards or less. So hopefully Jones is hamstring adequately healed. They need to give him a lot of use. I'd like to think it's going to happen here, but there's still a lot of variables and I can only go see grad on Aaron Jones. Josh Jacobs going to the Las Vegas side has got Pro Football focused. His third highest receiving grade among running backs despite posting the tenth worst yards over expectation by next Gen Stats. He saw a career high eleven targets last week from Aiden O'Connell, so the shift of the rookie was not a downgrade. O'conne will be on the bench here. They have cleared Jimmy Garoppolo for this game, which is great news. Garoppolo's played pretty well in this offense and thrown way more downfield that we thought he was capable of more on Jacobs. Packers allowing the fifth most rushing yards the fifth most receiving yards to opposing running backs. That's one hundred and sixty total yards per game, second worst in the league. So if one hundred and sixty yards are coming to the Raiders backs, most of that's going to Josh Jacobs a grade. You'll need to watch DeVante Adams' status here. He did not practice Thursday or Friday with his shoulder injury, so you'll have to give that some consideration here. The good news is Jimmy Garoppolo's back and he's not dinking and Duncan Adams tied for second interceptions of ten or more yards. He's also number one in red zone targets. If he plays, He's a B grade with the shoulder injury. Jimmy Garoppolo B grade. The Packers have gotten a lot of heat on opposing opposing opponents, telling twenty two quarterback pressures per game. But Garoppolo just survived J.
Speaker 5: TJ.
Speaker 1: Watt and the Steelers in his last game, and Jay R. Alexander may not go in this one. So we'll give a B grade to Jimmy Garoppolo and his C grade for Jacoby Myers, who's emerged as the clear number two and would get an upgrade if Devanta Adams can't go.
Speaker 3: Who.
Speaker 1: That's about it, everybody, Wow, lots of stuff to get through. Best of luck in the first of the bye weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go get them.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you weren't playing against Justin Fields DJ Moore and if you were, good luck, and we hope this show helped. We'll talk to you a week everybody.
Speaker 5: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app. Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.