Speaker 1: What's that bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky. I'm joky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, I Hyron dress police. Hey boo, it's me Roz. Oh my gosh, what a week. Okay, This last week's episode, I mean Chris Colfer was truly a gift from the paranormal celebrity interview podcast Gods, and I received so many messages and and even talk to people, people on the street, people at a show I did this week. I mean, people loved that episode. So if you haven't heard it yet, go back and and it really was so so wonderful and I absolutely loved it, and I'm so grateful that Chris did the show. And like always, I think I've got another amazing one for you today. I've got a return guest, our h Stavis, Rachel Stavis, who is a writer and an author and an exorcist. She wrote the book Sister of Darkness. And now if you're unfamiliar, here's what I might suggest before you listen, maybe go back to the first time Rachel was on. It's a two parter. It was last October, so it was October first and October eighth, and we get into a little bit more our h Davis one oh one, because what she does is unlike what other people do. It's unlike what you see in movies of exorcists. She's a non nominational exorcist. She can see what she calls entity what I think a lot of people refer to as demons, and she has different categories of the strength of these demons or entities, and so she has kind of her own language. So we get into that just a little bit on this episode. And she has an exciting announcement that you'll get to hear on this show, and I cannot wait for what she has in store for you. I would love to do a listener episode soon, so please send me your listener stories to ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com and put in the subject line listener episode. Okay, let's get to this conversation at the end of my conversation with her today in the little outro of the show, I have something that something insane that happens that I will share with you on the flip side. I'll see you over there at the at the outro, and I'll tell you about it because it relates to today's conversation. And next week's conversation. And if you want to hear a little bit more of my conversation with our h Stavis, go to my Patreon, Patreon dot com slash Hiles dress Flees on my second tier. I have a really interesting litle clip with her where I asked her about haunted dolls and past lives and Bigfoot and all that kind of stuff. We also talk about when she sees these entities on people, whether it's on TV or in person, what that's like for her. So we get into that as well. So go check that out. All right, here we go my conversation, this time with our h Stavis on with the show Oh My got you guys back by popular demand, I have got our ah stay here. Hello, Hello. I cannot tell you how many people after you were on my show, so many people have told me that they have read your book that they're now also obsessed with you. We love you over here at Ghosted Well, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I love you guys too. And your hands are.
Speaker 2: Amazing, Yeah, they really are. And some of them have been like I've heard from like one or two people that told me that they've reached out to you. I don't remember Oh wow, if they've necessarily had sessions or anything. Have you been doing sessions now that we're getting back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, like you know, for me, it's kind of been weird, like well for everyone, I guess, like the weirdest last year and a half.
Speaker 2: Well, I've read your book. I think things are always a little more weird for you than everyone else.
Speaker 1: Maybe slightly more weird because I'm saying some shit as all this shit goes down.
Speaker 3: But yeah, no, I I have done sessions here and there.
Speaker 1: It's so weird because like I never know because of my schedule so crazy, when I'll be able to do it. So I'm always like these could be the last ones, and then something opens up and I'm able to do it. So I've actually been doing them this month, just a little bit here and there, and I've had so many visitations because I started doing remote sessions again. Oh, the entities are wild, wild wild in summer.
Speaker 2: Really well, because I know you were telling me that you kind of have this. I can't remember if you said, like every six weeks or so, you have these moments where there's a lot of visitations from entities and stuff. Are you Are you in one of those right now.
Speaker 1: Well, like I call those bad moons because like like etheric perios, like you know, like they come like basically I get visitations from like sundown to sun up over and over and over again. So there's like no sleeping during those times.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I know.
Speaker 1: It happens less frequently if I'm not doing specific work with exorcism, So if I'm not actually performing exorcisms, I don't get them as much. But when I open myself up to remote cleansings again, it happens again. So I did have one of those, like three nights ago, and it was startling.
Speaker 2: Story tell us.
Speaker 1: So okay, so I had I don't remember all of them. It's very hard to remember all of them because you get so many visitations. But this is going to sound like the weirdest thing ever. Well, I guess it all does, Okay, talking to me, it sounds like the weirdest thing ever. I get it.
Speaker 2: You're in the right place. Don't worry the weird.
Speaker 1: I'm glad because I feel like that's my entire life story. So I have a treadmill. This is a weird way to start the story, but I have a treadmill, and I have gotten into running like in the last I don't know, five months, because it helps my brain kind of deal with all the stress of everything going on every day.
Speaker 3: And I'm not great at it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, like I'm not very fast or anything like that, but I try to do it pretty consistently.
Speaker 3: And I the other night went this all started happening.
Speaker 1: One of the ones that I remember very distinctoiiting was I was trying to sleep. This was like like four in the morning, so really late, like almost light. So at the end of the journey, like I was trying to sleep, and incomes this like and this is what this entity presented itself as, like a three and a half foot, very obese, bald, naked man just walked to the door of my bedroom. Yes, and it says to me, I just ran four miles. And I had two thoughts. The first one is that's not you're you're not a person, remember, but nice try because that's what they try to do is just like lull you into thinking this is just normal behavior. Then second, I was like, bitch, you did not run four miles. You're not like That made me angry. I was like, I'm not running four miles a day you did not, So I turned around and I was like, no, no, And then of course it turns to you and the face like opens and there are like rows and rows of teeth. It's like exactly what you think it would look like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I have to go through the trouble of getting it out and not waking people or dogs or cats or everything else in the house.
Speaker 2: So do you ever like when something like that happens, are you I mean, you've encountered so many of these entities over the years, but are you ever like, I don't know, asking them more questions or like, now, what's going on here? Who are you? What is this? Or are you just like get out of here?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't love when they're invading your space, right, So that's that's not like we don't have to sit down conversations at that point. So for me, like the visitations are all basically what they're trying to do is they're trying to get inside to see out, if that makes sense, Like they're trying to understand it's not even malicious, really visitations. And I try to explain that to people who have sensitivities. It's not really malicious. They're just trying to pop in, if you will, to see through your eyes in a way to see how you see them, because they're not used to being.
Speaker 2: So they can't just go into a mirror like the rest of us.
Speaker 3: I mean, they can see themselves, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Actually never asked them that question, but they don't. They're not used to human beings seeing that. They're used to kind of walking under the radar and doing shit in the background, you know. So I think anytime that someone does or has a moment where they do because you know, people who have sensitivity sensitivities, excuse me, like they have moments here and there where they see shadows or this or that, you know, bit of them. You know. It's it's hard to explain, like these are malevolent things that are actually not trying to be malevolent in that moment.
Speaker 2: How interesting they've got their own vulnerabilities they do.
Speaker 1: They actually do have quite a lot. You're actually so much stronger than they are, and they don't want people to find out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's just like any like living people that are you know, militious. It's like it's so obvious. It's like you've got something going on here that you need to deal with.
Speaker 1: It's so true, like I've always found, and I'm like, you know, just an entertainment. Not to change the subject there, but it's kind of the same, right, like an entertainment. I've always found that people who were just making it big were always the people who were the worst to other people. And the people who are so big are the people who are the most generous and loving and wonderful. It's just like they don't have that anymore, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting, God, And it's just too bad that you can't show those awful people away the way that you can, you know, I wish I could.
Speaker 1: Can you can tell them to talk off the same way I suppose, you know, humans.
Speaker 2: Don't listen as well, right, Well, So, okay, the last time I talked to you was in the fall, so it's been not quite a year. So I'm so curious about what a year is like in your world. I mean, there's probably been so many visitations and exorcisms and stuff, but I mean, how has it been.
Speaker 1: You know, it's been kind of rough, I think. I mean, like we talked about a little bit there, like for everybody. You know, we've had this crazy pandemic times and like you know, kind of moving in and out of that now and like having whatever the new normalists, And I think people have just been so on edge, like so on edge about everything. Like I feel like the world has so much more anxiety right now. Like I don't know if everybody feels it, but I feel it all the time, and it makes me crazy. And so there's a lot more activity with entity, Like there's just a lot. And summer is the worst. It's the worst time for entity, like I mean, the best time for them, worst time for us because the heat makes people really angry. Oh it's so true. And like I'm a person who will tell you right away, like summer is my least favorite season. I don't like heat. I don't like a lot of things about's Like I don't like how bright it is, like the vampire, Like I don't like any of those.
Speaker 3: But there are people who think they love summer and they're lying.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you right now that they're lying because they say they love summer and they may have like nostalgic feelings for summer, Like I think people have that because of school and when they were out of school and you know, if they went they live in places with big seasons and stuff like that. But the energy does not lie, and the energy is bad. Like people are very much more more angry, they have like shorter views all of that stuff in summer, and summer tends to be more stagnant, you know, energetically. People feel blocked. They feel you know, they're not moving much, you know in terms of like career and like love life and all the things kind of shut down just a little bit. And again that's not for everybody. That's just overall, so the entity is have a great time in summer because this is the time that they come out and play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've also I've noticed that with this weird historical time that we're in right now, after the you know, I keep catching myself saying, like, now that the pandemic's over, which obviously it isn't bad, you know what I mean, Like now that people are vaxed and they're like going out and doing things. I have been on stage a lot lately, and I've encountered so much messiness, you know, so many people that don't really know how to be back into the world right now, and I'm curious if that would that kind of maybe reckless behavior and like, yeah, we're free, We're going to be crazy. Like is that something that that entities can be attracted to? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you're looking at low frequency.
Speaker 1: I mean it sounds like you're not right because people are like yeah, I'm oh, it's so great. But underneath that, people really have not had time to deal with the trauma of this. This was at a massive, giant trauma for people and on a massive global scale, and it's still happening, and so I think people are not they're trying to like every other trauma people have when they just don't know how to deal with things because we're not, again, taught how to do this. We just stuff a lot trauma down and keep going, you know, and we're taught that to get over things, to move on and get over things. But you know, as I always say, there's no such thing as that you have to move through something. So if you're if you're just trying to step over it, it's it's not going anywhere. So people are going out, they're trying to be reckless, they want to catch up, they're trying to stuff that trauma down by doing all the things that they didn't get to do for like a year in a night.
Speaker 3: So you know, you're if you're like.
Speaker 1: Trying to drink a year's worth of keep in one night, it's going to be problematic and you're gonna be messing right.
Speaker 2: Oh god. Well, you know it's another thing that since I've talked to you, there's been some some like demon news. I don't know, U, there's been Uh, there's been a lot of talk about the Conjuring movie that recently came out. Are you familiar with that case at all?
Speaker 1: Yes? Oh yeah, I'm all about like all the Warrens cases.
Speaker 2: So shoot, yeah, I was just curious your take on that because it's like this whole story of this man, Arnie Johnson that committed a murder and said that the devil made him do it. What do you think about that? Is that true in your eyes? Or is it a possible thing?
Speaker 1: Well? Yeah, I mean we have a lot more than that too, Like we have them, but we have a lot of murders that people those are very famous, right, but there are a lot of murders that happened where people are on death where they talk about how they heard voices and they had all this, you know, telling them what to do, and a lot of people pass that off as either just mental illness or a made up story, right, trying to get them out of whatever they've done.
Speaker 3: And to a certain degree, I'm sure that's true.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there are plenty of people who've done that or certainly have mental illness a man, you know, very likely. But there is also, in my world at least the giant possibility that they have. So they heard voices and we're told what to do. I mean, that's kind of how high you know, high end endit works, as we've talked about before, and like in the book and all that stuff, there are many different types of entities and some are more common than others, and some are looking for world changers, you know, and the more malignant and intelligent they get, the higher they're looking for. And so those are the ones that are looking for people they can manipulate. But I should say that it's very hard to manipulate someone who isn't already heading in that direction. Does that make.
Speaker 2: Sense, right, because with that case, so, I mean allegedly, I don't know what to say, but you know, the a young boy was being possessed and his I want to say, I always mess this up, but I think it was his sister's boyfriend was like, hey, demon, like get out of the little boy and get into me, and then he became possessed.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean that part of the story for me from my experience, and I've had a lot of years of experience. We don't need to talk about how many. We don't need to talk about how old. I don't know, but many, let's just say many years, thousands and thousands of people. It's very unlikely. You know. That's a thing that we show in movies all the time that drives me kind of bananas because they that's like a trope we rely on as storytellers for horror and possession that they can move from person to person to person in the brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, has a moment of that as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, it doesn't really work that way.
Speaker 1: And I should also say that on occasion it can, so I'll go through that, but most of the time it cannot do that because how entity works as it's working on a trauma basis, it's looking for low frequency and it's looking for a low frequency pattern that it can attach to, and not everybody has the same pattern, so it's unlikely that someone in the room would have the exact same signature energetic signature to attached to. However, there are some cases where you know, what I call realm walkers, which is like the biggest of bad, the most intelligent, like what people think is the devil, but it's not. There are more than there's more than one and more than one on this planet. Those are the kinds that could for a moment move into someone else if they wanted to, But it wouldn't stay unless I thought that that was like unless that was the end goal, which I guess this story could be that.
Speaker 2: But according to the warrants, I don't know how they figured this out, but they believed that there were like forty three demons or something that they encountered from the exorcism and stuff.
Speaker 1: So that's, uh, that's a lot because entities don't like to share, and so most will will essentially cannibalize the others God, so you know, it's that's more than one entity. That's such as such a thing that people say like just they're like, yeah, I have forty thousand entities. I'm sure I have forty thousand entities and it's like no yah one, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's true usually for places too, of a place.
Speaker 1: If a place is held by entity, let's just say that that going back into the story even further, it was the space, which it wasn't, but let's just say it's the space, right, the space is where the problem is. And in a way it was because I remember that movie. But let's say it was the space. Even the space, like to hold a space needs an entity that's on the higher end of scale, and they're not going to share with other entities.
Speaker 3: It's just not going to happen. They're very possessive.
Speaker 2: Well, but I mean do they So let's say there's like, you know, one of these high end which makes it sound like they're fancy or something. But when these high end demons or entities is like in a house and there's like another like up and coming kind of demon trying to you know, trying to make its way up, and they cannibalize it, they eat it or whatever, they destroy it, does that make the high end one more powerful?
Speaker 1: No? No, because the higher end ones are already kind of they already have the power of everything that's lower. So that's kind of how it works. Like we have the lowest on the totem pole, which I call it five because it looks like a Clive Barker drawing to me anyway, And that's the one that most people carry, you know, And I know we've talked about this. I won't get into it crazy, but like you know, it's what most people have. Those are kind of the leeches of the entity world, and people can kind of slough them off. They get better and higher frequency and don't even know they had them. And those are the ones that are like if you're mad, you have rage, you know, if you're depressed or side. I'll just kind of amplifize everything all the way up to that rum walker and that realm walker can take up spaces, can take up people, can lure people from other countries, states, everywhere, and it has such a pull and such a range. You can control multiple people at once, I mean, just a lot of things. So it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Really make it more than any kind of stronger.
Speaker 1: It just gets rid of them.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on the Warrens?
Speaker 3: You know, should I say, I don't know. I'm not a huge fan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we talked about them on here, and this is what I come to the conclusion of is you know their trail They were trailblazers in a lot of ways. And I think that a lot of times, when you're doing something that a lot of people haven't done yet, you're going to, like, you know, make mistakes or make your own conclusions or whatever. And so I think that when people have a lot of criticism of them, it has to do with the But I do. I have a lot of respect for them for the work that they've done. But I do understand where a lot of things that they've done it's kind of been it's kind of like I don't know if that was a good thing to do or say, or.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit dicey. I mean, you know, it's hard for me, right because I I have a much different approach than they ever did. But also, like, my concern is always always always for the people involved, not to say that there wasn't, but I wouldn't be trying a bunch of things I don't understand or know about to potentially make things worse. So my goal is always for the safety of the people involved or the space involved with people inside you know, and even when I go to exercise spaces, I have a lot of things that I expect of other people in the space, and most of the time it is that I won't be there during that time because I feel responsible for them and I don't. I cannot be responsible for someone getting hurt, you know, in any way that's kind of my thing. So it's rough for me because I feel like a lot of the times that they did these things, they made things worse, and you know that's hard.
Speaker 3: But again, you know, I don't know that they would love me.
Speaker 2: So much, right, Yeah, I mean, well, it is kind of interesting with like these film series because from the people that I've talked to that have worked with them, it's kind of I mean, it's like with any time there's like these autobiographical or sorry biographical type shows where or movies where it's it's like that's not really exactly the happy ending, but we're doing a movie here, so we're going to keep it going, you know what I mean. Like it's it's a lot of times I think that the outcomes weren't the exact same as you see in the movies.
Speaker 1: No, of course, I mean, you can't write you can't you can't just be like and then they got worse when they left, you know, and then very movie fodder. And also like they make them so endearing and lovable and wonderful in the movies, like you would just watch them for them, you know, for the fictional Warrens. You know, like the fictional Warrens are so tremendous and you can, you know, like exercise demons with the power of marriage and it's really lovely. And you know that's not how it actually works, and I know that for fact, but it's still fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yes, and I love Mega. Okay. Well, another thing that has happened since the last time I talked to you is there's been more talk of the Cecil Hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so much.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's gotten a couple of TV specials. And I always feel like the Cecil Hotel was like a thing that us LA weirdos like we're obsessed with, and that like the Internet really got into it. And now it's like that place is full blown, like join the ranks of like an Amneyville or whatever. You know, it's like one of these like the most famous haunted or spooky places in the country. But yeah, did you watch the specials that have happened?
Speaker 1: I was interviewed actually for the cecil Docus series on Netflix, but they didn't use what I said because I think they were going for, you know, more of a situation where it was about mental illness and trauma, and you know, I have feelings about that.
Speaker 2: You know, Okay, I understand that, but that okay, that documentary series they explored a lot of different options, and I was a little annoyed that they didn't entertain that because that is such a huge part of like, you know, the spiritual haunted whatever. That side of it is a huge part of this conversation. And when they were talking about all the Internet stuff and the death metal guy and like all that kind of stuff, like, yeah, that's an aspect of this story with the Internet, and a huge part of the Internet story with it is that it's you know, haunted and what's going on with the video and these photos that have been taken and whatever. So I didn't I didn't like that, but I understand why they sometimes don't have that stuff in because it it you know, I don't know change. It's the same reason why they dismiss the Devil made me do it in court where they're like, no, that's a whole different kind of a territory we don't want to get into, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh, and like here's the thing, And I actually said this in my interview which no one will ever see, but I did say, you know, if if I could, I could go along with that journey and that idea that it's, you know, just a tragic situation in tragic story. Agree if it was the only one associated to this place, but it's not.
Speaker 3: It's one of so so many, so many.
Speaker 1: That people know about that date that date back until you know, basically when that place was built and then to meet for me before that. But also there are hundreds of stories that went on in that space that are not famous that people don't know about, that are private stories. Like if you live in Los Angeles, you know someone who's been affected by that place. God, you know some story in that place and it's not a it's not a public story. You're not going to share it. You know, you're not going to say it now, like you just know, oh, I know this person who was assaulted in this place or attacked in this place, or something happened that was supernatural in this place or whatever, but it's a it's a well known fact for people who live here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh man, I'm so mad that you weren't in it.
Speaker 1: I'm not, though, because I'm going to get to do what I want to do.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do? Okay, we've talked about how you want, like it is a big goal for you to get in there. Any news on.
Speaker 1: That, well, okay, So I you know in my book, that was like a whole chapter, you know, the Cecil Hotel and how I feel about the Cecil Hotel and how I cannot wait to get my hands on the Ceacial Hotel, which is, to be fair, a very large space. I don't know how people how much people are familiar with it, but it's a huge, huge space. And when you go in and do a cleansing like that would need, there's no stone unturned, so you would have to be there from start to finish the entire space. There's no like, you can't just sit in a lobby and do your thing. You know, you have to go through everything.
Speaker 3: So I felt like, you know, I could use a little.
Speaker 1: Practice before I go through thirteen floors and you know, eight million square feet so there are other places too that I'm very interested in exercising that it can't disclose just yet. But there are many places you know on the planet that have dark histories very similar to this, and not all of them less and some of them are just traumatized faces. Right, That's not necessarily where an entity is. So I can't say it's like every place that you know of that have this, like mass tragedy is entity. But there are places on the Earth that are. And my goal is to start setting out to those places and exercising those places to help kind of, you.
Speaker 3: Know, not to be cliche, right, but to help kind of make the world a better place.
Speaker 1: And that is my goal. And now I am starting to do that. So I'm very excited, and I can't talk too much about it about one of those things that's going to be happening soon, and I believe you're going to get to see it on your TV's around Halloween.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: That brings up, Okay, a bunch of questions just generally about this concept. So how explain how it's different to exercise a building as opposed to a human, so, you know, like with.
Speaker 1: A person it's a one on one, very private situation. You know, there's an attachment with a person. And again, like most of the time people you see or people I see, I should say, you know, they have kind of you know, the more normal style attachments. They have clives, you know, which we talked about. They have tricksters and tricksters just just for reference. Again, like I said, I know we've talked about this, but tricksters are the ones that kind of show themselves to children as imaginary friends or you know, arcangels or deceased people or whatever. And before people ask this, you can tell the difference by how it feels, because they're going to be like, oh, no, I saw de say this person. Is that a fentency or is that my grandma? No, it depends on how it feels. So, you know, they have tricksters that they've carried for a while. They have rates, which are the entities that are attached to you know, sexual violence, molestation, rape. But unfortunately there are a lot of people with that as well, and so those are like kind of the ones that I see all the time. Not everybody has the big guys. The big guys are the ones that take spaces so you know, most of the time, when I'm working on one person, it's it's I don't want to say, easier for me, for common play for me. And then when you're working in spaces, it's a bigger it's a bigger issue because you, like I say, I have to go through the entire space. There's not one place that you don't go. So it's a very long, arduous kind of more tedious, more energetically draining situation.
Speaker 2: God, that sounds so exhausting.
Speaker 1: My whole life is tired.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, well, because I know you've talked about how the Cecil has like the biggest of the big right when it comes to entity, Yes for sure. So are there other places that have that big that you know of?
Speaker 1: Yes? And those are the places I'm interested in going after, you know, with my own show. Those are the ones that I'm going to be hitting pretty hard. The ones. The one that you're going to see hopefully for the Spooky season is a little step down from that, so it's not quite that, but the ones that I'm going to be tackling next I think we'll all be that.
Speaker 2: What's like that that you're allowed to talk about? What is like a building that you have encountered that has like something something big and you've gotten it out of there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've done it a few times now. So most buildings they have what I call collectors. So collectors are like second down right from from the realm, from the big guy, and collectors what they do and I think we went over this back, I can't remember, so I'm just going to say it again. Collectors they like to go to a place that has mass trauma, where something happened where a lot of people, you know, essentially passed, and they like to use the deceased people who are trapped in the space. And by trapped, I mean, let me just clarify that they don't think they can move on. It doesn't mean that they can't, but they're convinced that they can't. So the collector will use the deceased people like like batteries, essentially to scare the living people that come through there and then use the living people's energy. That's kind of complicated, but does.
Speaker 2: That mean okay, okay, okay, So it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of in control of the deceased people, got it.
Speaker 2: So when you go to these places, are you like, are you ever like, Oh, that's just a deceased person. Never mind, Like I'll just leave, Like do you leave it alone or are you? Like what are you doing that?
Speaker 1: Well, So there's a difference, right between something that's haunted versus something that has entity, So disease people an entity very different, Like entity is what people think are demons or considered demons or demonic, not they've never been people and then decease people or decease people. So you know, when people say they have a haunt, like a house with a demon in it, usually I'm like, Okay, that's probably not the case. There'd have to be some very special situation going on for an entity to sit in a house, so it's usually just a haunted house, you know, like deceased people hanging out. So what I try to do with if I find a place like that, for example, what I try to do is I try to teach people how to interact with the deceased.
Speaker 3: Person so they can find out what they're there for.
Speaker 1: Because there's usually a reason why someone's hanging out. But sometimes on occasion it's something like this right where you have to deal with the collector and when you have to deal with the collector, they have a whole army of like disease people in front of them, and so to get to the collectors, the collector and its energy is the diseased people. So when I have that situation, what I like to do is go through and release the deceased people first. And but I do all I do for that is having conversation with them, finding out why they think they're trapped and what's going on, and you know, convincing them otherwise, And so that takes its own time before you can even start working on the NC.
Speaker 2: What about I mean, have you encountered deceased people that are like, I'm a ghost and I like it and I'm good here.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, because decease people don't shut up. That's another difference between entity and disease people. It's like entity doesn't want to be seen. These people are like, oh wait, you can see me. I've got so much to say. So disease people are very chatty and they want to be around people, and they want to help people for the most part, unless they were like really shitty people, which is you know sometimes happens. But yeah, they don't necessarily want to leave house. They just want to have.
Speaker 2: Communicated because the part I wonder about with like EVPs or like when people say that they've seen like a demon or or some kind of non human creature in their home, I mean, does that is that? What is that the same thing that you can see, or is that, you know, manifested in a different way, or what it? What is going on there when they because you know, I hear a lot of EVPs and and a lot of times it's like a demon is saying this thing. Do you believe that that's typically just a deceased person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of the time, I do. I think it is.
Speaker 3: I mean special circumstances.
Speaker 1: If it's not. And that's not to say it never happens, Like I say, I mean, you can have a house that's in a very weird, energetic place, or something very important happen or will be happening there and teacrop wind of.
Speaker 3: That, so that could be there. You know, I can't say never.
Speaker 1: But you know, as far as people seeing things, there are entities that just pass through too. So sometimes I think people kind of get a glimpse of their own momentary abilities that they've kind of shut down a bit, and so maybe they caught this or that, or maybe something wanted to show itself for a second and then disappear. But we do have entities that have nothing to do with humans that are just passing through.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to talk about this other big exciting announcement that you have going on. Tell us what's God? Tell us as much as you can say.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I think you're talking about the show. Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: So for people who have watched Posies, I have gotten a question.
Speaker 1: So Posey's is the short film that I wrote and co directed with my partner Kate Fisher, and so we've had it kind of making the festival rounds. We finished Posy's right before the pandemic started, basically, and did all of everything during twenty twenty, which was uts, like all of the post and everything. And so we're finally getting into festivals and it's being enjoyed and some of you guys have been watching it, and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I got to see. I highly enjose it. It is. It is beautiful. It is kind of disturbing. I mean it is disturbing at times, but it's beautifully done. It's just it's so cool.
Speaker 1: I really appreciate that because like, for me, the only thing I really want to make is like beautiful horror, you know, beautiful body horror, which is not usually together. We don't usually see those two terms together, like the very very visceral and very gory, which this is not, but where I'm moving into is and so you see that and it's like a gore fest and that's how people usually directed. But what I want is to make it obscenely gorgeous so that you really just can't look away at the same time that it's very very troublesome.
Speaker 2: That's how I felt.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that That's exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we so long story short, like people have asked because they've now been watching the film and it's available to see and will be more available by the available in August, that my executive producer is Pamela Adlin, and so people are been asking like, well, how did that happen? What's going on?
Speaker 2: And so well, if anyone doesn't know who Pamela Adline is, like, first of all, Googler, because you know who she is. She is, she's amazing, She's been acting for a long time and producing. Also she's the voice of Bobby Hill from from UH, The Sing of the Hill. She's just the greatest.
Speaker 1: My favorite animated van. Yeah, you can have a favorite animate advent. So yeah, So people have been asked like, how did that happen? And it's because about two years ago we met each other because my book Sister Arts, who hopefully a lot of people have read. I hope, so I hope, So you know, was going out for television and very long story short, she was loving it. And now we are making a show for a series for FX, which is very exciting and she is just the.
Speaker 3: Greatest, amazing writer, amazing partner.
Speaker 1: Because executive producer, like everything, and and I should add too that we're also partnered with Bellatrist, the lovely Emma Roberts Company, and they are wonderful as well. And so it's been a really fabulous experience and we're really excited to bring this UH to you. But during this process, it's when Posey's finally finished and she like, I really like to watch it, and she watched it and turns out she loved it as well. And now she's also on board or her company is on board to help produce Wires, which is the feature script that we are now moving forward with in terms of funding and everything, which Posey's was kind of not a proof of concept work because it's its own thing, but just kind of, you know, the short to make sure we could do all the things that we wanted to do.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how do you have the time to be even talking to me. I'm so honored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Oh my goodness, I love talking to you.
Speaker 2: So the TV series is it pretty much like you know, this cool Exorcist and her adventures or.
Speaker 1: What I mean? Yeah, I think we're trying to do that, and I think, you know, there are a lot of ways you could take my story right, Like, it could be like fantastical, it would be really grounded. It could be like a messy because I'm pretty messy. It could be a lot of things. And Hannah is really fabulous because as you know, I'm sure you've seen and watched better things. I'm sure a lot of people, yes, And it's such a wonderful, brilliant show. And she's such a first of all, such a great person, but also such a vulnerable person who's not afraid to be vulnerable, and she shows people who she is, and that's one thing that I was so impressed with when I met her. One of the reasons that I was so like, oh my gosh, I have to work with her is because she really is exactly who you hope and think she is.
Speaker 3: And I think the reason why is because she is so bold in the way that she writes things for herself. And so when we started writing, I think personally like I was a little afraid to go there, you know, because I have a lot of weird stuff about my past.
Speaker 1: That I don't really disclose. Like in my book, I do talk about like my mother was a malignant narcissist and killed herself with prescription drugs, and it's just like a whole I have a whole lot of trauma in my background, you know. And so when I write, I was like, you know, writing the story, but I was like, I didn't go to the place that was like the grossest place for me. Do you know what I mean by that, Like the place that was like, oh, it makes me feel sick to write that, yeah, you know. And she was like, no, that's what we got to do. We got to write that. And then I put it down on paper and I would be like, oh, my god, No, that's totally right. It's totally right. Like you have to share your whole self, you have to expose your whole self, and that's an incredible lesson. But I'm still still still struggling with that that. Thank goodness, I have such a powerhouse to work with who does it all the time. Was like, no, does that make you want of art?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to do that totally. Oh my god, that this is going to be so good. I mean when you wrote book, did you feel that way? Did you feel like, like, oh, this is so weird to be sharing this or yeah I did.
Speaker 1: I did, And you know, I had never been public before that book ever, And still I still consider myself kind of not not yet, Like it's sort of happening, but I'm not like in a weird place yet for the most part.
Speaker 3: And so yeah, it was really weird for me to.
Speaker 1: Every week just kind of go through like the therapy sessions of my life to put in a book for like everybody to read.
Speaker 3: And like, if you thought that was vulnerable, this.
Speaker 1: Is like a thousand times words.
Speaker 2: But isn't it so freeting to get that out there?
Speaker 1: It is like I.
Speaker 3: Never thought it would be but you know, like writing a scene.
Speaker 1: There's a specific scene that we wrote that is about something very traumatic that happened to me, like as a baby, and I'm just like, I write that and I've never even talked about that before, and I can't say what it is obviously because it's in an episode, but you know, like I wrote it and I was like, I'm literally writing the story of what happened to me when I couldn't even speak or think basically, and I'm just like, I can't believe I'm doing that, Like you know what I mean, Like you're you're most vulnerable, like weird shit about you that you're just like, oh my god, I am writing this now for people to see. Yeah, it's really strange, but yes, it is extremely freeing because once it's done, you're like, oh wow, that happened.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, yeah, So what are what's what's the plan with the show as of right now?
Speaker 1: We are in the ring stages right now, so we are kind of getting episodes together and creating something amazing to show you guys and hopefully hopefully finger all fingers all across. We're starting to get going next year.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I hope you can come back when when you can talk more about all.
Speaker 1: I'm still like half specret.
Speaker 2: So now it's okay. I'm so happy to hear even this news. I know a lot of people will be happy as well.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you. Yeah, I'm pretty psyched. I'm really psyched.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy to be doing this and with such a great network. And you know, we're really trying to make something that is interesting and different, and I hope that we do. I hope that it comes to Well, you just.
Speaker 2: Have like such a unique skill and you have this is something I've talked about when I've when you've come up where I'm like, you, guys, I really don't think she's lying about this. I really think it's real. And and that's like, you know, I'm a skeptical person in a lot of ways, but you have you are a such a unique case where it's like there's enough reason, I feel to believe that what you're talking about is legit, and there's enough people that can co sign for that, and it's just it's kind of rare that you meet somebody with with all of like, you know, all of these things in one package. You know, well, I just.
Speaker 1: Think, you know, like I just tell it as I see it, you know, like I'm not trying to start a church or convert anybody, and like I have no interest in making you believe something you don't want to believe. Right, this doesn't matter. And I always say, you know when people ask me, like because they don't. I see entity with my eyes, right, So that's not a normal thing for people, which you know, for many years of my childhood I didn't know. So I spoke about it until I've got that makes you a nutcase, so you don't talk about it anymore for many many years of my life. And then later on was like, fuck it, this is who I am. I'm not integrated, you know. I got to be who I am. And so that's really why it came about. It's not it, you know, it's it's it's basically like this, like not everybody sees entity the way that I do. Like you see the effects of entity every day every single day. You know, that's the truth. And whether you want to believe it or you don't doesn't change my work. I still have to keep doing what I'm doing. You know, it doesn't matter, Like if you don't believe an entity. It doesn't make any difference. Entity is still gonnat touch they rather you don't.
Speaker 2: Have you encountered another living human being that has a similar ability as you?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, it's hard to say yes or no really because like Shamans, for example, have been working with entities since the dawn of time, right, so shamans tend to do you know, energy removals and things like that. And you know, there are different healers who do different modalities like clearing fields and all kinds of stuff. I've never met anyone who is who has the site that I do, but it doesn't mean they don't have something else that's their own, you know, because like different healers have diff things, like there are people who can like heal people physically energetically, like physically physically, like they can do surgeries. We're all kind of born with our own, our own stuff.
Speaker 3: And there are so many more people who have abilities and gifts that they've just stifled down.
Speaker 1: And you don't even know you have.
Speaker 2: Remind me, do you have other you know, quote unquote psychic abilities of you know, can you see the future? Can you see you know? I don't know, do you have anything else.
Speaker 1: Not really, I don't think so. I don't think so. I you know, I can do some mediumship. I wouldn't say that's like my forte. But in dealing with things like collectors and stuff, you have to learn, but you know, and occasionally, like I haven't done these in so many years, but like I do seances for my friends once in a blue moon in my like backyard, I have like a party, and I do like a platform experience, which is basically like when I when I medium kind of stands, you know, on a stage or whatever, and and things just people just come in and they just say this is what's coming in. And then people you know, respond or don't respond.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how do I get on the guest list? You're on the guests Oh my god, I want to come. That sounds so cool.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to do another one.
Speaker 3: It's been like, obviously quite more than a year.
Speaker 1: The last one I did was when Refinery did a video and I don't remember how much they show of it. But yeah, so that's like my my only other gift if you will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, can I up a lot of my time?
Speaker 1: Let's just say it sounds like.
Speaker 2: What limited time you have with all these projects? Can I play some ghost voices?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yes, please?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's time for ev or evase.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So this first one is from someone named t one on YouTube. Okay, and this is uh the basement of the Memorial Auditorium in Wellington, Kansas. Ooh, okay, what do you hear? Okay? Like always, there's like a lot of background kind of noise, but there's like a whisper speaking. I'll play it again, okay. Ooh do you hear something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: First of all, does it sound like a demon or a human?
Speaker 1: I mean, to cease people?
Speaker 3: Hard to tell. And I'll tell you why that is.
Speaker 1: Because decease people they move at a different frequency or a different vibration than we do. They're very very fast moving, and so when when they speak, like if they speak, if you actually catch it, it's it's a different modulation because of how quick they moved, and they would actually.
Speaker 2: Sound oh interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know if people know that, but that's why.
Speaker 2: So here, let me play it again. Do you have a guess of what it says?
Speaker 1: I feel like it says something like help me. Oh man, it's too low for.
Speaker 2: Me help me? Is such a common EVP, It's like all the time. Okay, here's some options. Is it A you want a piece of me? B I hear a demon? C get out of here, or D go buy Sister of Darkness wherever you buy books. All right, let me play it again. Is it C it's I hear a demon. Let me play it again. Let me play it again. Actually, I kind of do hear that I hear a demon.
Speaker 1: It does sort of sound like that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play it one more time. I mean I hear go by Sister of Darkness. Okay, here is one more. This is from someone named Archbishop James Cloud. What is this one saying? Okay, there's some kind of in the background. It kind of sounds like one of those spirit boxes or something. But I don't know if that's where this EVP is coming from. I think it. I think it was recorded otherwise. But uh, okay, here we play it again. It sounds more like a human yeah, and he guesses.
Speaker 1: It almost sounds to me like he's trying to say his name. Mmm, like I missed or something something.
Speaker 2: Oh, I missed something something, Yeah, I told I hear a m sound. Okay, here's some options. Is it A you're messy and drunk. Is it B you're messing around? Is it C you miss being young? Or D Deborah Messing is hot. All right, let me play it again.
Speaker 1: Well it sounds like you're messing around.
Speaker 2: You're messing around. Yeah, that's what they believe. It says you're messing around.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think it could be saying you're messing with hell. And they also think that it's a dmon saying well, I think these.
Speaker 1: Have a great sense of hum and I just want to also say that to cease people usually do. Yeah, so they're in a space and they think you're hunting demons and you're there with the EVPs, like, talk to me demons, they'll just say demonic shit.
Speaker 2: Most of the time, Oh my god, that is so funny, because you know, with comedy so often you know it's people say it's rooted in truth and tragedy and sadness. And I can imagine that there are a lot of deceased people that are just like kind of twiddling their thumbs, maybe a little sad, and just like I'm looking for something fun to do, and I wanna, you know, I want to have a good time and not feel sad.
Speaker 1: But I mean it's totally true, Like if you look at how many things you've seen where you you know someone's in a place where you know, Like I always talk about like I loved I don't know if you remember this, and I don't know if we talked about this last time. But one of my favorite kind of ghost shows was MTV Spear.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is odd yes years old.
Speaker 1: Now right, but it was one of the coolest, best, most well done shows where you were just like, what the hell is actually happening? But you would see like they would go to a location, let's just say, and there were you know, children who passed in this location. Then the little balls would roll around and stuff because they want to play, you know, they actually do. Like they they're excited that people are there, you know, and they just want to interact and they want to be seen and noticed. That's why I always joke that, you know, decease people don't shut up, Like if you want to talk to your deceased loved ones, you came in with the ability everybody did and to talk to their spirit guides and all of this cool spiritual stuff that people have just kind of stamped out over the years because they don't trust it and they don't believe in themselves, or they think it's crazy or someone told them it was crazy, or you know, all of that stuff. But like to cease, people just want to be seen. They just want to know, like they want to they want to play, they want to tell you stuff, they want to you know, if they're relatives, they want to give you happy messages. That's most of the time, that's all they really want to.
Speaker 2: I think about with La and like so many of our Hollywood ghosts and and the people that died, you know, trying to get seen and trying to perform or whatever that they're especially in the afterlife, like I got an audience here, let me hello, my darlin, Hello, my baby. Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's so true. That's why, like whenever someone says like I think I saw Marilyn morrou and everybody's like, Okay, why would Marilyn Moruau show herself to you, It's like, because why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, she that's how she lived. She you know, that was a lot of times. I think people that are in uh, you know, pursuing a career in show business or whatever. They kind of confuse attention with their worth, and you know, that's part of what fuels them, is getting that attention or getting seen, getting validation. So I can imagine that in the afterlife it's you know same.
Speaker 1: Well, and sometimes too, I think people who've been through it, and actually those two who died from the industry in one way or the other, and then they see someone you know, trying to be something or feeling down or whatever in a place that they used to be, that they might show themselves just to tell you to keep going, to keep trying. Yeah, be that message for you.
Speaker 2: You know, you've done a lot of celebrity exorcisms, have you. I mean in the book you certainly don't like name names or anything. But have there been any that like have publicly spoken about it.
Speaker 1: There? I think so, But I don't want to out any right in case I'm like messing.
Speaker 3: Around here, but I feel so.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they've spoken like publicly publicly, but I know for a fact people have told other people in meetings and things like that, right, So, like if someone has brought up you know that they read something of mine or you know that they were thinking about going to me, someone else will disclose to them that, Oh well I actually went and here was my experience, and I think you should go. You know. So, I it's hard for me to name drop unless they did. So if you were listening and you came here and you want people to know, to.
Speaker 2: Shout it out totally. I want to talk to somebody that's been to you.
Speaker 1: I think a lot, but I get that.
Speaker 2: I get that. Well, I guess that's about it for this time. I'm so happy you came back.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for having me again.
Speaker 1: I had so much fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, tell people where they can find you, where they can get your book and and everything else.
Speaker 1: Well, the book is Sister of Darkness. It is available all all the places that you can get it. I have a lot of fun reviews that you'll enjoy on Amazon if you wish to read them. Some are great and some are terrible. You enjoy, and then you know. I'm on Instagram and Twitter less, but on Instagram more at Rhstavis, which is like Davis but with an.
Speaker 2: St amazing and we'll look out for you on our TVs.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. I hope you like all our spooky things.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to Rachel our H Stavis, And you should go check out her instagram because it's very insightful and I've seen on there before where she's like, hey, I had someone drop out. I can do it an exorcism, so stop on by. So yeah, check out that instagram. And also, if you want to hear a little bit more, patroon dot com slash ros dress Falas second Tier has got a fun little conversation I had with her about various unexplained phenomenal and what it's like when she sees an entity attached to somebody on TV and in person. Okay, so the thing that I wants to tell you about. So toward the end of this conversation, I had asked her about celebrity clients because I want to talk to them. I want to hear what it was like. And you know you heard what she said. But then I was interviewing RuPaul's drag Race icon Ben de la Crem, who was my guest next week, and we were just like talking about ghosts and stuff, and then Ben was like, I actually just had an exorcism, and I was all, was it with somebody named Rachel r H. Davis? And Ben was all, yeah, so my dream came true and I wasn't even trying. So you can hear that. Next week, Ben will tell you what it was like to have a session with her. So make sure you guys are subscribed. Please send me your listener stories. Ghosted by rosatgmail dot com, subject line listener episode, Hey, can you write the show five stars? Please? If you have a ghost story, you could leave it in a five star review. Or I just like it when you guys write nice things about me, or just you know, don't write anything. Just give me five stars. That'd be nice. Thanks. I'm on Instagram at roz Hernandez. It's a great place to find out if I'll be doing shows anywhere and that kind of a thing. I'm on Cameo at roz dress Fales. Join our Facebook group ghosted by Roz dress Fales and tell your friends about the show. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came Back Star a podcast network