Speaker 1: Here was something y'all was going on.
Speaker 2: But Drinks Radio. He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Heyks that greets your boy in O. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What up is dj e f N? Together?
Speaker 3: They drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports?
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, the most professional, unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 1: This is Drinks Champ.
Speaker 2: Every day is New Year's Eve. That's good. Yang Yang Yang Yang Yang Yang yang yang. This is your boy in I. What up is that? Crazy hood Cuban dj e f N And this is Drink Champs, motherfucking podcast.
Speaker 4: Make something.
Speaker 2: Yo, man.
Speaker 4: We had some crazy guests in the last week. We haven't been able to update our Drink Champs Army. I don't want to call them fans because then of me fans the army, they're part of us.
Speaker 2: So what was the past guest we just had?
Speaker 3: We had Kenny Anderson, We had Havoc. We hope murder him more Mado, We had Ray Kuon and then fifty and.
Speaker 2: Then fifty part one and two.
Speaker 4: Man, we did one point eight with him total because uh, you know one and so we're just giving this.
Speaker 2: And we launched the videos, the full videos, which the fans have been going crazy for. Yes, fans, Yeah, but finally we finally did it. Hopefully by the time this comes.
Speaker 4: Out, well no, no, this, this won't be But we're also gonna give you the throwback Thursdays.
Speaker 2: You didn't want to call it that, I hate, I don't, I don't know. You just said you just hate calling it throw back Thursday.
Speaker 4: But we're gonna rewind. We're gonna get the new episodes on Tuesday's.
Speaker 2: Video Tuesdays, and then Thursdays, we're gonna give you the older videos starting with day one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, starting with day one, we're gonna go back Joe, go backwards on these motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: They feel me. But tonight's guest, you know, he Cameracy was the first guy to come in here and turn it into sham Champ smoke Champs.
Speaker 4: But he was hands he is undisputedly the smoke King, the smoke Champ, and over this legend that.
Speaker 2: We had, I'm talking about this legend, I'm yeah. Uh. He was very easy to work with as well, very easy crazy. Uh the way actually.
Speaker 4: Hit hit me, you know what I'm saying to uh hook to hook it up anyway, and then he didn't want to leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah he didn't. We we actually he was very comfortable.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so we I say, without a further dude, let's just let's get into it. Man Snoop Dogg, Man, the godfather, the King of the West Coast on the drink and he drank with us and we got fucked up that night.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do let's go hazard it sounds, Let's do this. Hang Hank SANGREEA, hope you're SAVI. This is your boy in O R. What up is d J E f N?
Speaker 4: And this motherfucker drink Chance Podcast make something.
Speaker 2: And right now we got the West Coast on.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker who took death fro a super legend on his fucking back and rolled it. Then when your niggas try to front, he went to New Orleans and god motherfucking pole Boy Sandwiches and went platinum on you motherfuckers. And then he went back to the West Coast and showed y'all niggas who's real king of the motherfucking West Coast. And right now we're talking about the legendary, the honorable, the dude who steps up for black people and black people's rights and gangsters and gangsters affiliated life. Right now, we're talking about the legendary, the honorable Snoop Dog make some.
Speaker 2: Y so Snoop, So Snoop.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna start off by saying, you know, I've seen this march that you guys recently just did.
Speaker 2: It was you in Game.
Speaker 4: And the reason why we're so acceptable and so relatable to me is because both of you and Game are both a part of the same culture that I'm a part of. And then but in y'allhood, it's a separation that that divides y'all, but y'all came together, yes, So I want you to break that down for us because you know, well.
Speaker 5: You know a lot of times we brainwashed not to know, because you know, it's a blueprint that's you know, printed before we've been able to read walk a talk.
Speaker 1: So it's up to us to break the.
Speaker 5: Chains and to put a new you know, blueprint, a new protocol and the effect And that's what happened, you know, many years ago, Me and Gang for is the relationship when he was just a young homie and you know, always trying to guide him and lead him and direct him and give him information on life right because I didn't never want to see him go down the wrong path that I went down as a youngster because I didn't have nobody giving me no advice.
Speaker 1: So I was always giving him advice.
Speaker 5: And you know, one day we just said, you know what, we fed up with all of this, you know, police brutality and all this shit that's going on. We was really fucking fed up to where we really wanted to do. So when he called me, I was ready for him to tell me, let's go fuck up some shit. But you know, he hit me with some you know, it was his idea. Was he called me and he was distraught. I really wasn't even paying attention to the news and shit because it was niggas getting killed every day. It was like it was like, okay, whatever, But then it would hit him so hard on the heart. And when he called me, he was like, dog, I'm lost. I don't know what to do. I always come to you. I want to fuck up some shit. I'm like, nigga, I do do. Then I was like, damn, I can't leave him like that. I never let him down the dark alley. I always gave him a light, so I was like, look, call me back when you figure out what you want to do, put a plan together, get some protocol and some structure and whatever you.
Speaker 1: Want to do. Hit me up.
Speaker 5: He hit me about two three in the morning. Was like, nigga, were gonna meet up downtown LA at five in the morning and let's just figure it out when we get there. When we got there, I came there and my gang at tired, ready to go to war.
Speaker 2: Yes you was, Yes, yes you was.
Speaker 5: And once we got there, then he figured out what he wanted to do. Once we got there, then he laid the plane down and ran down the speech and said, we want to go to you know, the police department and retroduced to ourselves and let them introduce themselves to us and build some sort of dialogue.
Speaker 2: And the Mayor's Department was a part of that from the beginning.
Speaker 1: No, no, let me tell you that. Let me tell you how the spirit work game figuring out what we was gonna do.
Speaker 5: When we got there in the morning, his spirit was, this is what we're gonna do. We're not gonna go down there, We're not gonna mash them. We're gonna talk to them and build a relationship. So as we're walking down there, the police escorting us because we built the relationship with them before we even started.
Speaker 1: They escorting us to the you know, headquarters.
Speaker 5: When we get there, we don't even know, but it's a graduation for all of the new recruits that's about.
Speaker 2: Heard about that which you guys didn't even know that was going down.
Speaker 5: It's amazing that these is the new guys that are about to hit the streets and they need to get understanding with us who are on the streets, not just me physically, but the people who actually live in these communities that you're gonna be pulling over and talking to.
Speaker 1: So build a barn with them. And it was just beautiful that that happened.
Speaker 5: And then the mayor and the chief of police was there when they heard me and game came in peace. They was like, you know what, we want them to come talk to us behind closed doors, and they let us come behind closed doors and we vented and we conversed, and we set up a dat in a time to re establish a relationship, and we followed up and they did some more things two or three days ago. So it's building that dialogue between the community, the leaders and the police and the mayor, and that's what needs to be happening, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So that way your opinion and your opinion right, is that what you for you you feel like it should be happening as communication because when I grew up right slope, I grew up and the nigga that was patrolling the hood was also the nigga that was fucking Tamara.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. But now the.
Speaker 4: Nigga that's patrolling the hood come from you know, Buck Cree, you know, you know whatever.
Speaker 2: Now come around so here.
Speaker 5: You don't understand our dialogue. They don't understand our car communication. Like I grew up with police, not saying that I work with them, but we had somebody from the hood who always had an understanding with them to where they wouldn't just come in there and just bowguard and just beat dogs to us if they wanted somebody, the homies would be like, look, we ain't gonna help you getting, but we damn sure not gonna you know, do nothing to prevent you from getting. And at the same time, it's like now, if you don't have no communication, the police are scared when they pull up their automatically just drawing down when it should be. Let's get an understanding. This man's trying to go home. Whoever he is. He may have a family just like you. So let's communicate when he first to find out what he's going through, because you don't have to always had a negative approach because you never know this man may be going through the same shit you're going through.
Speaker 2: Now, is this something you guys are gonna do ongoing or is it just the one time?
Speaker 5: It was a spur of the moment for me, you know, because like I said, I was ready to do something bad, but the spirit told me to do something right. And through that we build a relationship with the police department. So now it's dialogue going on in LA and that's half the battle because before another shooting happens in LA, we'll have some sort of communication with the chief, with the mayor. So it's like, look, even if we do get like some of the homies was there and now they can say that, look, I got the mayor's member, I got the chiefs members to hold on before you bust on me. And it's like just that small second is all it takes to take somebody life.
Speaker 1: Or to save somebody.
Speaker 2: Just the images alone from that that meaning was was crazy. Yeah, let's pick that up right now. Make the lawyers would have goddamn.
Speaker 4: And I also want to shout out Best Buy Liquors. They provided the liquor right now. So dogs drinking some rose.
Speaker 2: He ain't drink rose, and he drinking it out of drink Champs cup. You know, Best Buy motherfucking liquors. Man, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: They got about four locations in Miami. You know what I mean, Ken down two we can do.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to pronounced that arranger. And then Florida the city, man, go check out my people have Best Buy liquor. You're stupid man, So listen man, Mary Jane, let's talk about that right now. You know what I mean, because we did talk about you know, that's positives.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise. Stop being positive.
Speaker 1: Now that's all gang bangers gag.
Speaker 4: They said the last level of hustling is preaching, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, but but.
Speaker 4: Mary Jane, I'm I'm a I'm a weed connoisseur. I put all my weed guys to come over here and make sure they treat you like a guinea pig. Listen, just listen.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 4: Smoke nobody. Do you remember when we was in the hotel room. I was doing what what documentary? We came up there and this nigga smoked. You know, my my o g Homies was.
Speaker 2: Like, yo, you less Snoop smoke. Sput like yo, we would be quick. We was like yo, we don't want to smoke no more. And Snoop you remember that he.
Speaker 1: Was in the hotel nigga, My.
Speaker 4: Nigga nigga smoked us out. Man, all my old niggas was they wouldn't talk to me no more.
Speaker 2: Went back to the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, satisfied custom.
Speaker 4: So we see the Reincarnation movie and you you also went out there with your own weed as well.
Speaker 2: It's is that something that Snoop has to do is bring your own week.
Speaker 5: You know what, Certain parts of the world don't have my flavoring I gotta have.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, you.
Speaker 5: Can't eat, you can't eat what they eat if you used to eating what they eats. Like somebody who gotta roll with his own chef, I gotta roll with his own personal trainer. That's like my chef and my personal trainer all in one, the gangster gunball.
Speaker 2: Damn. So is Miami crippy? Ever? Any good for anybody?
Speaker 5: Wait out Miami good crippy? No, Miami got good good. I ain't even like maybe like four years ago. Miami started stepping that game up when a lot of players started migrating out here. You know, when you migrate out here, it's a certain thing that you're used to, that you're accustomed to, so you gotta have it your special way. So Miami start getting and it started getting and then when you start seeing those big rappers out here, in those NBA players, you know what comes with that is good money and good weed, and then the bad that is coming in.
Speaker 1: You know, there it is there. Let me your town is hot, Let me.
Speaker 4: Pick up the leader, start rock clothing. You know, my people's right there. But the Snoop, let's break down, Mary Jane, let's break it there, because I've been you know, you know, first off, you you like, at the end of the day, I am the second uncle in hip hop.
Speaker 2: I might be the third. I think it might be Uncle Luke, Uncle Snoop. And then and then yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. If you gotta get to Uncle murder you the uncle, you, the little uncle. But that's why you that's why you climbing. But first it's Uncle Luke, Uncle Snoop and so.
Speaker 4: Now, so I always followed your career, me and you will, you know, contraary popular belief when you know the L A L A and the New York York Me and you has always been rock solid and always You've always been a great guy. But I've always admired your entrepreneurial. I don't know if that's a word. Entrepreneurial.
Speaker 2: That's what I was, you entrepreneur your mogul skills.
Speaker 4: And I also just impeat you with the mogul with the compound out in LA.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be in La on August twenty seven already.
Speaker 4: That's why we tried to get you what this married Jane being Now for a dude like me, who who who is not as smart? I can't google, but Mary Jane works for me because I'm bozo.
Speaker 2: I'm a bozo.
Speaker 4: But Mary Jane, it shows you where the dispensary is.
Speaker 2: This is, this is bigger than that, like this is explain that. I want you to explain that to the.
Speaker 5: People well, Mary Jane dot com is it is an encyclopedia of cannabis.
Speaker 1: It's basically giving you everything.
Speaker 5: You want to know about the thing, intro to the end though information blogs, you know, television series, uh, dispensary locations, straight with what it does for you, style of it, the best shop, the best pop, the best hop. I mean, it's it's information. It's the information hotline. Like I said, it's the encyclopedia because it covers every aspect of cannabis and it's given to you by yours truly, so you know it's the truth.
Speaker 2: Let's make the lawyers that got Damn it started to decide with my time. Mary Jane dot Com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mary and E R R Y.
Speaker 5: You know, not Mary, but Mary, I'm talking because we're very married, because very Christmas. The application is the website is the.
Speaker 2: Web everything he only does Heroin.
Speaker 4: He doesn't talk with you, so so so so just let me just break it down for you. So now the Mary Jane apt. You go on there and it shows you where you like you you put in a zip code I believe right something like that, like you put it in like where you at, and then it shows you which what what what what?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: And if it you know, I don't want to show if. I don't want to say if. If you're in a legal state.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: They take care of you where you don't, take care of you wherever you at.
Speaker 2: Because I see, I see, I see big oncle I sit down.
Speaker 4: I said, God, damn it, Jesus, Louise, Papa, jeez, let me figure out how the fun do I be a part of this? And this is something crazy because it's Goo for weed. That's the better way because you don't smoke. So I gotta break it down for you like that. It's Google for weed.
Speaker 2: Like you know how you want to google?
Speaker 4: Uh, who got the best tacos?
Speaker 2: It's pretty much the same thing. Yep yep for weed or more yeay, hey, it's better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say Google because it covers a broad everything.
Speaker 2: It is more Google. So also, now you on, you on.
Speaker 4: I gotta meet this guy that you know I've never met, wis Kalif for this is my god.
Speaker 2: We spoke, we spoke.
Speaker 4: We kicked it, but I've never spoke because he has the one of the worst Internet scenes I've ever seen in life. He kicked somebody out with the blood. Did you ever see that footage?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well he listened to the studio session. I'm looking because I'm a fan of Whiskery Leaf.
Speaker 4: I'm looking, and he stops the whole studio session and listening session. He stops it all and said, yo, you you gotta walk out. So I said, this nigga gotta have a cigarette or something, and this nigga had a blood. I said, I gotta talk to you.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 4: Why So, what do you think about the joints versus the blunts.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm one of the originators of the joint movement.
Speaker 2: That's what currency said on this show.
Speaker 5: That's keep your motherfucking blunt in your pocket low because don't be dog is about the zigzact smoke.
Speaker 1: That's yes, yes, I know my ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, it's like when I was introduced to the blunt, first person to ever introduced me to a blunt was Bushwick Bill. We were working on the chronic al nigga. That nigga is intelligent as a motherfucker. That's knowledge. So yeah, so he get us high with the bloom. I'm like, okay, that's cool. The next time was at the Poetic Justice rap party. Tupac rolled up a bloom from them two niggas smoking blunts with me. Then I began saying, man, I like to wear that tastes, so then I started trying to roll the blunt. And then from there it became overwhelming because the zigzag. When I smoked the zig zag, I would get high fast as fuck. But when I would smoking blunt, it was like it was like slowly but surely it was.
Speaker 1: It became my cup of tea. I don't know why. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's like from beard to hard hard liquor or whatever whatever your cup of tea is.
Speaker 1: When you find what your ship is, you roll with it and we're.
Speaker 2: Line to your old ship. Are you telling us?
Speaker 5: Because real quick, okay, we was on tour right just when the nigga was a young nigga, so we only was fucking with Sega gin or tang away nigga. We walked up in the store nigga and we seen some blue gin. Nigga was like cud, they got some crip gin cut. So we we bought this ship and started drinking. And I think it's like ninety nine proof or a hundred pool. Well, how many proof is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know how many.
Speaker 2: Proof fucked up proof?
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: Pale.
Speaker 5: And when we seen that, it was like nigga ninety We take it. We didn't mix it with no.
Speaker 1: We were straight drinking crib.
Speaker 2: That's not gin and juice.
Speaker 5: No, that's bomb bay, that's what. That's crib juice.
Speaker 4: Now now that you say that, right, you say crypt juice right now, I'm gonna be honest. My first time being to l A, I color coated everywhere I walked, meaning if I was on Los Cienega, I dressed according to Los Sienaga. If I was on you know, Rosco's pea coat and I forget what was the other thing, fairfaxt Okay, Yeah, if I was on there, I dressed cold.
Speaker 2: The only time I never dressed cold, that is.
Speaker 4: When I went to Long Beach, because you are it was a full sit your and your niggas real whatever the.
Speaker 2: Fuck y'all want to wear. This makes Annoise from the Long Beach.
Speaker 1: Look, let me tell you how I met This is how I meet nas.
Speaker 5: I'm on a coner right, I'm in Guardiana with my own boys from shotgun.
Speaker 2: This is now when you say Guardian he took my Long Beach.
Speaker 5: No, Guardiena is a city outside of Long Beach where they got gangs over there too.
Speaker 2: So I've seen the hotel on there for one hundred and thirteen dollars exactly. It must be it must be a bad. But I've seen the hotel for one hundred and thirteen dollars. I'm not staying there. It's bad.
Speaker 5: It's like early nineties too, it's like ninety three, ninety four. So I'm out there, you know what I'm saying, hanging with my own boys from a shotgun. So it's just a shotgun crib. Yeah, it's it's a long streak that we're on. We all stand out there like seven eight deep. So a white van pull up, because in a white van, fifteen passenger van, and the nigga jump out with an all red sweatsuit with one leg and his sweat pants lifted all the way up, with some boots on, and he running across the street one mat and if you don't pay attention to like a nigga, fina just come to a drive.
Speaker 1: But he really just.
Speaker 5: Coming running to say what's up? So my niggas is like finna get their thing, and I'm like, hold on, Cut, that's the rapper from New York name Noahs.
Speaker 2: Cuse this this.
Speaker 1: This like ninety four.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise.
Speaker 1: And this is the first time I meet Cuts. So he run over to me.
Speaker 2: I shake it.
Speaker 1: We in guardena another niggas neighborhood.
Speaker 5: But it's like if you're riding down the street you see one of your niggas that you've seen on TV, and you're like, Nigga, pull over, let me holler.
Speaker 2: That Snoop Dogg. I know this nigga gonna say what's up?
Speaker 1: Not knowing you got on already. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You jump about a fifteen percent. Man, nigga look real suspicious. So when I when I shake his head, I'm like, check this out.
Speaker 8: Cut.
Speaker 5: Next time you dude, higg on my number, you got to come be first.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie, man, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: My first time going to l A, I was taught the colds, you know what I'm saying. So I was taught so like, because see, you gotta realize we had the l A l A. Y'all had y'all had the New York New York first, then we had the l A l A, and we thought it was turmoil. Then the two greats died and then we all pieced it out. But a lot of people didn't know we pieced it out.
Speaker 2: So we was. But at the same token, when I was coming to l A, I.
Speaker 4: Was already taught the color codes, or I was already in I was hanging with mac.
Speaker 2: Ten, so I knew when I go to Inglewood, it's a certain type of place.
Speaker 4: That's a certain type of place when I go to when I were corrupting them and I go by eight A tray and them blocking, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like I know, like, but you know what the on top of all of that, what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yo, gangster?
Speaker 5: You and compone and mob deep, I'm gonna get y'all phone niggas.
Speaker 2: Don let's let's make a lit.
Speaker 1: You'all phone niggas. Gangster was so gangster.
Speaker 5: That one thing about the art of war, when you due it with somebody, you class with somebody, it earns you respect.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: You know, through the battle you learn how to respect your enemy, and your enemy becomes your friend and your that one because you know they'll go where you'll go.
Speaker 2: And we realize we both on the same side.
Speaker 1: That's what it was on the side of black.
Speaker 4: Powers black listen, no, no, no, no you black power to mother black.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of yeah.
Speaker 2: So all right, but.
Speaker 4: Before we proceed any longer, because we know what you're doing. This is the first day, you're toll let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: This is actually the first day. No, no, tomorrow's the first, the first stop, it is the first. But listen, let's just let's just be clear.
Speaker 4: How how much the big homies. He stopped his ship and he said, Yo, I'm gonna do it before the first talk because see, let me just tell you something, Snoop. We don't like to interview people when they're on the promo one because we bigger.
Speaker 5: Than to get some love trying to be on the air because he's pushing the promote something. Nigga, we're just doing this on the strength overdue. I've been watching you want to do interviews with all of my homeboys. I'm like, well, when the fuck am I.
Speaker 2: Listen?
Speaker 4: Not only that man, you know you know what, I'm not gonna lie to you. We've been sitting here waiting this room for you, and we had a whole Snoop Dogg playlist and we all sat here and we just listened to your heads and we didn't care because you know what, you know your I hate when people call you a West Coast legend because you're bigger than that.
Speaker 2: You're just one hundred percent Ship.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if this is a word a superiority, make it up.
Speaker 2: Making up?
Speaker 4: Listen and you know what, yo, let me tell you something. I said this on the podcast. I don't know if I said this on the podcast, but I said, Puffs. I have never seen Puff, not once hate like I seen them do fucked up ship, but I need to see them hate and Snoop you are the only other person in this universe that I have never, ever, ever once see have a hate in the bone in your body.
Speaker 2: Let's make some noise for that. Goddamnit.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you the first day I seen you, the first day I ever met you, right, all right, this is exactly how it happened.
Speaker 2: Bone.
Speaker 4: I said it with corrupts here and if you need it a blunt, we got one role for you.
Speaker 2: That's og. You ain't og like, I'm gonna give you one. You gave him Humbo Campbell, what.
Speaker 1: Is it, count I'm gonna give you more. You give me one?
Speaker 2: Fair exchance, nobody, Let's do it. Let's do it. So look, this is the first time I did L A l A. Right, they did. No, they did New York Udio. We did L A l A. Okay, you got one already, Damn. This is get Yeah, Okay, let me leave this over here so I know, and then boom right, So then we fly to l A. We fly to La.
Speaker 4: It's the Source Awards weekend, right, so everybody got to go back home.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: When they're going back home with my record, lab will hit me and say, yo, you got the number one album in the world. I said, yeah, this is the only place you're not doing good is LA. So I said, damn. I'm in La at the time.
Speaker 2: So I'm like damn. And they went to the top floorid of many ards.
Speaker 4: No, this is the album, this is, this is this is this is when the ship.
Speaker 2: Is on fire. So he comes and then they went to the hotel.
Speaker 4: They bring us like the Champagne, the bitches, the service of Champagne and all this crazy ship I'm in La. I'm looking at the view. I'm like, all right, cool, And then they say, you got to.
Speaker 2: Stay out here a couple more days. But everybody had got robbed. I'm talking about Martin Lawrence.
Speaker 4: They listen when they were all, Martin Lawrence is a problem, like this is the funniest.
Speaker 1: About that.
Speaker 5: You like, you'll got to get that back, you know. I'm like, I'm not hold the hold on Martin, cause I get that back home.
Speaker 1: I figure this out.
Speaker 2: That's how fucked up it was.
Speaker 1: And we're in LA at that time.
Speaker 4: And you know what happened was when I stayed them extra days. You know, my my, I'm gonna calling my big homie, my big homie corrupt. You know what I'm saying, my big homie dad because a couple of years older than me, I'm thirty eight day.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say what age they are.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying because and they said, they say, you know, because I was about the throat and they said, cause you're good, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, we we this is It wasn't called a sprinter back then, back in the days we had, it was called a limo bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we had a limo bus and Shaq even walked in our ship, and my niggas held me down from DPG And I will never forget that ever again in my life. But then let me let me get back to the first day I ever met you. So the first day I ever met you, l A l a comes out.
Speaker 2: I've never never seen none of you guys. We spoke and and and then if we go to.
Speaker 4: Power ninety six, it was big water, big boy was and they tell me, yo, normal, you gotta go upstairs by yourself. So I'm like, all right, cool, I got all my niggas downstairs. I'm like, all right, cool, I go upstairs by myself. It's snoop, it's dads come rup, it's fucking.
Speaker 2: Shug every ship. I'm like, oh ship. I walk into the niggas, like what's up? But I ain't gonna lie to you. My nigga, my ball.
Speaker 4: My balls was in my little pinky te It was in my little piggy toe.
Speaker 2: But I acted tough though I ain't. I'm knockingna lie yo.
Speaker 4: And and and that was it was beautiful because my whole point of bringing up this whole story is I never ever.
Speaker 2: Heard Snoop hate on the nigga never ever in your.
Speaker 1: Life, not even sug night when he was trying to kill me.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about that? All?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, we learned that, we learn to live and forgive. You know, me and him got a great relationship now, so we good.
Speaker 1: We past that.
Speaker 5: And like I say, one thing about my life, you know, I know what I'm here for.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm called to do.
Speaker 5: And knowing that, knowing that I'm a prophet, knowing it, I speak the truth.
Speaker 1: Knowing it, I got so much to deliver.
Speaker 5: The devil gonna show up in many you know, faces and fastest, and he gonna always comfort within because he could never get to me from the outside. He could only get in from the inside. So he's always gonna show you that face and he's gonna give you that deception.
Speaker 1: But at the same time as my job, he continue being me.
Speaker 5: And to educate an elevator, not to try to persecute when he down or to kick him when he down, but to lift him up. And they gave him the spirit of love that he gave me. When I didn't have a position to be a happened to be a voice to be what I am. So I always took that in mind. And you know, even when I was able to build my team up and be strong enough to where I could do something to him, I didn't want nothing to happen to him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Because but what was the worst time was during the no limit time.
Speaker 1: No hell, no nigga, no limit. That Niggas wasn't playing.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. That he wanted to get at you.
Speaker 5: Oh he didn't want none, no way, Jim Niggas.
Speaker 1: Was really no limit soldiers. He wanted he wanted actually.
Speaker 5: When I was in the blind, when I didn't had no help, when I had no team, and when he could stack a team. You know, And I'm telling this story because people need to know certain things about my life, what I went through and what I had to persevere, and how I stayed strong and stayed peace and didn't revert back to what gave me a murder. A murder case earlier in my career was you know, foolishness. As far as I was consigned being able to be blessed to get past that, I couldn't put myself in that position to do that again.
Speaker 4: Space of noise for that guy down. So Snoop, we talked and we talked about you on tour right now. We talked about that, correct. No, no, we didn't get in depth in that. So tell us what's on this tour right now? Let's get into that.
Speaker 5: Me and where is where it is? Like my baby brother. So anytime you go on the road with somebody that loves.
Speaker 4: You, didn't see the foot this is where he kicked the nigga off for smoking the blunt.
Speaker 5: You didn't know, man, because me and we were on that page. We used to do zags together.
Speaker 4: We got to have a blunt conversation with him. Ant at some point, I can't.
Speaker 2: Wait us together. Oh yeah, oh I can't wait.
Speaker 5: But when he drew the line, you know, he was like, he ain't fucking with it no more. Him and two chains and fifty other niggas who you on tour with?
Speaker 9: Just me?
Speaker 1: Where Jiko.
Speaker 4: Like groceries? Right, yeah, let's make some noise for the bitch. So Snoop, you know, you know we a foul show. I don't know if you know.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Kevin Gates, to Kevin Gates, Casey, Kevin Gates.
Speaker 1: He got two phones.
Speaker 4: So Snoop, it's a foul question. It's a foul question. But we have to ask everybody this, especially the legends.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, do you eat?
Speaker 2: Asked Snoop?
Speaker 1: Never have never? Will you.
Speaker 2: Listen? Have sworn? You said you did? I said, I'm willing to try.
Speaker 4: Listen in the movies, like groceries has been fantastic. I've been thinking of my wife was here, remember when fifty was here?
Speaker 2: Like listen, so you never ate the body groceries.
Speaker 5: Man, like I'm I'm I'm very pleasurable in the bedroom to my wife.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm staying to where I need to be. But as far as like being.
Speaker 5: Like over, you know, extraordinarily freaky. I have limits. You know what I'm saying, dudes, And don't you know what I'm saying, because the Holy why I do his job to I don't have to do all of that.
Speaker 4: I don't know what he just said, but it was.
Speaker 2: So listen, Snoop, Listen my man man. No, no, no, I'm not going to the story so much bed. Do you want me to? No?
Speaker 4: No, if you have to just bring up but first off, listen, you see my man bed, you see his bed, do you.
Speaker 5: Die my hair, do I down my head? No, My ship Silver's a motherfucker to let me show you.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, you're gonna make him feel mad comfortable. Let's make some noise for Efn't somebody else in this game.
Speaker 1: That ship Silver's motherfuckers?
Speaker 4: Okay, snoop, I'm sorry because he brought it up. It's only because he brought it up.
Speaker 5: My hairs dound as the woman to wear just for me and ship. I'm like, I donna fuck with this my ship, no different colors.
Speaker 2: Okay, snoop.
Speaker 4: This is this is story we ran on this podcast way too much, but it's fun.
Speaker 2: It's the last time. It's the last time each other story. All right, this is my friend. This is the last time we tell the story.
Speaker 4: All right, Yo, you're very serious right now. This is the last time each other story. All right, listen, and then I'm gonna smoke your blood you gave me. Listen, snoop.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is my friend, this is my this is one of my this is one of my closest friends. Right. He doesn't think he's petty. I'm petty as a motherfucker. Snoop.
Speaker 4: You've been getting money since ninety two. I've been getting money since ninety seven. Great richard than me. Goddamn it makes a noise for you being rich.
Speaker 2: But this is my friend, right. He doesn't think he's petty. Okay. His girl x ex girl.
Speaker 4: Went to the Fisco video, right, Okay, yeah, listen, I want you to ask because look, fifty fifty already agree with me, right, but I want to see if you agree with me. He doesn't think he's petty. I said that he's petty, all right. His girl went to the Thong excuse me, yeah, the Thong song video.
Speaker 10: Go to it?
Speaker 2: She was she was going to the throng some uses of the video, and she.
Speaker 4: Asked him, she said, she told him I'm going to do he made the whole story that you want to Sorry, snoop, I'm.
Speaker 2: Playing with the facts, okay, drum facts. He found out his girl was going to the Sisco video and he cut her off. Was he petty?
Speaker 1: Or was he right?
Speaker 2: That's he told the wrong story, he told her. Now you want me to tell you the other videos she went to?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 2: Everybody fucking me?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: Come on. She also went to the big pip okay, come more video? Sou who you want okay and now doing all this process. He texted me the other day and he said she also went to come on your video. No right, but he cut her off earlier. He did make the right decisions.
Speaker 5: He did, because she, as you can see, her track record proved that she was moving.
Speaker 1: Her way up to a Snoop Dogg video.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I wouldn't know if she was in a Snoop Dogg video, and then she would have made it to a Snoop Dogg video, they.
Speaker 2: Would have got digged down.
Speaker 5: Let's just keep it yet because behind door number one there's one dick.
Speaker 2: Exactly what's going down. This makes a noise for EF and not cared about it. You know what? Because thinking my.
Speaker 5: Thing about a player right, which was told to me a long time ago, It is not about how hard or how tough your heart is, because your heart could be broken when you're a player. You got to have a stomach for this ship did You'll be able to do anything if you got a tough stomach to make sure you tied up on your stomach because you have a funk about your heart.
Speaker 2: So let's let's just break that down.
Speaker 4: Because one of the last times I've seen you was that Bishop don Jung crib.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me you want me remind you of the nigga was it?
Speaker 1: Was it the man showing the man Jimmy, Yes.
Speaker 2: And I can't this boy, Jimmy Kimble was Jimmy Kimball. He was a little nigga back. Yeah, he was a little he was.
Speaker 1: He was the fast you see nigga.
Speaker 2: He was still daddy homegirl Simmerman.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't even know. The bitch was nothing man.
Speaker 2: And what happened was I went to see stop. It was some crazy ship in New York.
Speaker 4: And then we went and I went to l A and l He said, you're come to Bishop with crib and Bishop had already gave me a famous play a card.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie. From the story of your girl, I can tell you never got a face, my friend. I let you come on. But it's a famous player card.
Speaker 11: It's a gold car with a serial number that's you, yeah to you and you only and I had that. Let's make some noise for me having a player And the last time I see you using Bishop domon crib. So you invited me and I'm not gonna lie. That's the only time because see I'm I'm a rose guy. I'm an And that's the only time Bishop don't want he had.
Speaker 12: So much Champagnet moat, Oh my god, the King of He was buying thirty dollars a case, like, yeah, that's when we had them.
Speaker 1: That was getting And I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna be honest, that's the only time I thought in my mind I smoked you out because you quit at the one point you don't remember.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's make some noise. I did win in New York LA.
Speaker 4: Time because I ain't gonna lie Snoopers looking at me like, because you you, you don't have to buy no more. And I bought every weed, every nigga that had weed in there. And it was doing a show called The Man Show. It was the Man's Show that it was Yeah, yeah, I was dead, my brother, Let's just take it back your first album. I'm gonna be honest. We loved in w A so much in the East Coast. Now, I mnsa speak from a New York perspective, as a e f N. I would love for you speak from a Miami's perspective.
Speaker 2: But we loved in w A so much.
Speaker 4: And then when the fuck the police had came out and this ship was happening. And then remember the first cop ever killed was in Queens with Fat Cat and Pappy Mason the parole officer. The first cop that ever got killed was in Queens, the contrary to popular belief, would ever be And then fuck the police came out and I'm gonna just speak for me for me. When I first time I heard first fuck, the first time I heard straight out of Compton, I was scared of Compton because I thought Compton was a jail because remember the last time I heard something was rak As Island and they symbolized ryk As Island from Coogi Raps.
Speaker 2: So when I heard straight out of Compton, I.
Speaker 4: Thought these niggas was talking about jail, right, this is real shit, this is my own personal life.
Speaker 2: I'm not speaking for the East Coast. I'm speaking for me.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 4: We got to realize what NWA was and NWA and we realized gang banging.
Speaker 2: We realized this, this was something totally different.
Speaker 4: And then it disappeared for quice some time, and then all of a sudden, it's this record.
Speaker 2: Called deep Cover m Classic.
Speaker 1: How did.
Speaker 2: I don't know, just take it from there for me, this is the blunt you rolled for me because I'm smoking.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, well, deep Cover was It was a situation where we was in the street.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the.
Speaker 4: Time period I'm talking about, what I'm talking about, we're n w A and then you just burst out of nowhere and I want to take it from there.
Speaker 2: I apologize. I don't want to cut you off. They were killing me for this.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like nowhere.
Speaker 5: It was like I was on the sideline watching in w Ain't getting ready getting my ship together.
Speaker 2: Now before I let you go. Now in the movie, it was like you just walked in the crib and deep Cover was playing. Was that like, did that happen in real life?
Speaker 4: We just walked in the crib and deep covering in the studio in the movie.
Speaker 2: That's how it was predicted.
Speaker 5: Well, some some of the movie was you know, of course made to be a movie. We want life actuality. You know, it was a scenario when we were staying with dred Ad his house, the same little house that you sing in n Wa where you know what a g things sing was where he didn't have no furniture, it was just a studio and on one morning he was on his way to gonna work out, and before he left, he was like, he put his beat up and he was like, I need you to write something to it. Sug gonna call me to tell you what it's about. So when he leaves, Sugar called me about an hour later and he like, doggy dog, I got these people on the phone from Sony. It's just a movie called Deep Covers about an undercover police officer. I need you to freestyle for about you know, twenty five thirty seconds, and then I want you to, you know, cut it off, cut it off, like you cutting it down, and I'm gonna just tell you I'm gonna call you back. I'm like, all right, cool, So he called me back. I put the beat on. He like, I got him on the phone.
Speaker 2: Let him hear.
Speaker 5: So I start busting a little bit, busting a little bit, busting a little bit, and I turned it down like he's like, all we're gonna call y'all back.
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 5: He called me back. He like, Nigga writes the song. It's about an undercover police officer. It's called Deep Color Cool. So I write the whole song, Drake come back.
Speaker 1: He listened to it.
Speaker 5: He's like, I don't really like it, like nigga will fuck it. So we ended up saying this ship this, Nigga don't like it.
Speaker 1: He hates the record. So he laid down.
Speaker 5: We do our ship. He put his little twist on it. A couple of weeks later, nigga tell me, yeah, we're gonna do a photo shoot. Come pick up a couple hundred dollars. So they give me like two three hundred dollars. I'll go to the swap meet by White Sox, Hot White Sox.
Speaker 2: How was this swap meet on sloughs In and Crenshaw.
Speaker 1: Now, I went to confidence swap meet on I'm from Long Beach.
Speaker 5: Compton was closer, So I went to the Compton swapped Meet, then bought the outfit that I had on thinking it was gonna be a photo shoot. Then when I get there, niggas is like yeah, niggas like okay, And the first scene is I'm like and.
Speaker 2: The last time you spoke to him, he said he hated it.
Speaker 1: He hates the record to this day.
Speaker 5: Oh we only performed that record probably ten times my whole life.
Speaker 2: Wow, I got to see it one time. He don't never view that.
Speaker 5: He don't like that record, like that's not one of his and he don't understand that that record, like you said, that's the birth of the rebirth.
Speaker 2: Because me as a child in New York, that was our ship.
Speaker 4: Like we kind of in my era, we kind of related to n w A more than what African band Bada and ex Clam was doing at that time. Like I kind of identified with l A l A. I'm excuse me, what LA music of the n W as more me. I'm just saying me, I can't claim the East Coast right now. I gotta claim me. And then that that that that tension was, that attention was voided. But then out the Blue comes to this deep Cover.
Speaker 2: Record because that was big on the East Coast. Deep Cover huge Listen. I'm telling you, I know it's bigger than in New York then it was in l A.
Speaker 1: It wasn't really that big in l A.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you to this day.
Speaker 4: This is seventeen thousand remakes of deep Cover in New York right now.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 5: Like I'm telling that record was that's the first record that I was ever on. So you got to understand when it started getting big. You know, people was telling me, Man that record, and that's when your MTV raps motherfucking fab five Freddy And then they had Drake Lover and Doctor Drake. And when we made the motherfucking countdown Nigga, that's when I knew it was popping because if you get on the countdown, count.
Speaker 1: Man, knock it off. If you get on the countdown over.
Speaker 5: There on the East, because it wasn't nothing but dots effect videos, APM D it was Nigga, was Nigga. It was all heat, Nigga legends. There wasn't no new booties weren't popping back.
Speaker 4: So when a deep cover, when the deep Cover record actually hit, did you know you was about to be a star.
Speaker 2: Or that wasn't the moment yet?
Speaker 4: When was the moment that you knew, like Nigga, I made the because in the movie, in the movie, right, let's just let's just knock this out. Because I'm gonna be honest. When I looked at it in the movie and I looked when you walked in and Show Knight jumped up and I was like, get you get out of here, and you was like no, I like to because I said, that's fake, that's not snoop.
Speaker 2: Because I know you.
Speaker 1: That wasn't fake the way we the where we met.
Speaker 2: So he told you to lead a studio of me when we when we.
Speaker 5: The first time we made contact was tension. Oh you know what I'm saying because it was like because he blood.
Speaker 2: So you walked in the studio.
Speaker 1: I wiped this down me and Warren G. Warren G brought me.
Speaker 5: That was Warren G in this Okay, that was Lawren G. Oh yeah, So Warren G brings me into the studio and he right here, he don't know who I am, and I'm talking the way I'm talking, and he says something about the way I'm talking, and I'm like, when nigga, who was you in? He like, well hold on and it's like Drake, like what minute, He's like, nigga, he here to do music. And then they put the music on. And then when the music come on, the niggas started busting. You know, one plus one equals two. I'm the company, just the artists. Let me go ahead, get a relationship. I like this nigga because he got hard. I like this nigga because this nigga hard. So it was like, like I said, it's still sharp and steel nigga.
Speaker 2: Wasn't no bust.
Speaker 1: It wasn't no punks, wasn't no no wingies, no bound down or none of that.
Speaker 2: Shore. I ain't alive. That shit just made my days just now make some noise.
Speaker 4: When I seen it, I said, down, But you know what you're talking about the beginning of your career.
Speaker 5: They didn't have nothing to lose. Wow, I'm trying to get in one fitting, you know what I'm saying. And it's like I wasn't trying to be extra out but at the same time, I'm trying to get in one fitting. I'm here to do some rapid nigga. Don't try to check me, nigga. When I'm here, I'm asked to be here. The nigga want me to be here.
Speaker 2: So the first record Yea I ever worked on was the Chronic.
Speaker 1: The first song we ever worked on was g Thing. He gave me the beat beat.
Speaker 2: It's a beat to go boom that beat, and.
Speaker 1: I took it to my house. I was I didn't even have a house.
Speaker 5: I was staying with my my cousin on tenth in line, me dadd and about seven of her kids.
Speaker 1: So I wrote that motherfucker on tenth and line. Took it back to the studio. He liked it. Ended up going to jail for three months. Had to wait.
Speaker 5: Then when I got out, recorded it, recorded that song. Then the deep cover situation happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, you went to jail for three months. That means you was petty. You need to know what petty said you did to go to jail.
Speaker 1: All right, I was on probation, right, joint suspension.
Speaker 2: Pro You was already.
Speaker 1: I was already.
Speaker 2: You need to get on. I was.
Speaker 1: I was selling cocaine now, okay, recovering.
Speaker 2: Let's fast forward.
Speaker 1: I was recovering drug.
Speaker 2: God damnit. It makes some noise, Snoop, let's big up. Hold on, hold let big up the best buy liquors. Man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Lit You niggas got me drinking.
Speaker 4: Jill, Snoop, Man, there's no way we can repay you. I also want to big up my boy pharm assists.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He got the plug at the Tetra Hydro Club. But go ahead, Snoop, please finish that story.
Speaker 1: Please, what we talking about. I'm so fucked up with me too.
Speaker 2: I just got although why he was petty for going to jail.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, much X recovering X drug dealing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So now this time I'm on probation, right, so I'm working with doctor Drake. My probation of officer know what's handing, but he don't know what's handing because nothing came out.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about you was work even with doctor Dre on parole. Let's make some noise for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah that and this is when this is down.
Speaker 5: No, this is when Dre was leaving Ruthless, records are trying to figure out what he was gonna do.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying. So it's that stage right there.
Speaker 5: So now I'm fucking with dra and doing my thing with him right and behind the scenes, trying to create whatever.
Speaker 1: We're gonna create. We didn't even call it that for a records. We call future shock records right now.
Speaker 13: So I got after Aftermath, No, this before this, after Ruthless, when he leaves Ruthless, before y'all hear about the conflict with him and easy, this is when they're trying to figure out how he gonna leave.
Speaker 5: He ain't even left yet. He trying to figure out how the funk, he's gonna leave. So now I'm on probation. So now I got a toothache. So I ain't got no money to go to Dennis. So my auntie, she's the peel lady, so she give me Cody and some other ship.
Speaker 2: Hold on talking about the pill lady. Yeah, she got everything, every things, everything she got and tooth bills that.
Speaker 1: She got everything. Man, you have it. So she gave me this TV couple of things.
Speaker 2: I take them around. I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm like, whoa.
Speaker 5: So I go pee in the bottle, not knowing that I'm finna test dirty because these are prescribed drugs that have not been prescribed to me.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: So when I give my test back to probation officer, like, you know, mister Brodis, you got a dirty test. I know you ain't doing no cocaine because it ain't cocaine. You know, because I'm as drug offender, as a register as a drug offender. Now you can't be around and none of that ship. So he says, it says that you have codine, and what happened? I said, Man, I had a tooth and he's like, well, I'm gonna take you to the judge and see what the judge say. The judge was like, you violated three months. Wow, that off I go in the middle of getting my career started and hoping that Dray don't be like, fuck it, this nigga going to jail.
Speaker 1: I ain't fucking with this nigga. But he hen on, so he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't petty at all. I apologize for making noise for that attracted a petty you know.
Speaker 4: So now let's take it to that first album. Okay, okay, So the Chronic album happens. How much does the Chronic self ship?
Speaker 1: About five six billion?
Speaker 2: So you're already on tour.
Speaker 1: No, that's the that's the thing. We didn't go.
Speaker 5: We did a seven day tour for the Chronic run dmc uh, Ghetto Boys and Doctor Dre and Snoop though sounds crazy, and that motherfucker lasted seven days because on the seventh day of Christmas, my true.
Speaker 1: Love gave to me all the bloods and the crips that we had with this niggas. No, no, we was we was cool.
Speaker 5: We was on the road together, but the niggas at every city we ran, it was a problem because it was like, you can't take all these rough tough bloods and crips together and we can't fight each other, but Nigga, we for the fuck y'all. And it was like afterwards, we'd be in the hotels and ship, Nigga, the holes are coming, a couple of niggas coming, and it just be just go all bad and a byt the seventh day, Nigga was in my room chilling. I had a couple of little females in there, and then Sug knocked.
Speaker 2: On my doors.
Speaker 1: Boom, put the TV on channel four.
Speaker 5: I put it on channel four. Nigga, the news was outside Nigga with the police and everything. Yeah, we're about to come in here and get these niggas out of here right now. We got them surrounded. And that nigga, Shug That's that's why, that's why I love his gangs to hair, because that nigga found a way to get me, him and Doctor Dre out of that motherfucker. We ran through a back window, ran across the freeway. Nigga got us some motherfucking rental card, drove to the next state, got a private plane, and.
Speaker 1: Flew the fuck up.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ship, that nigga, Shure Night was a cold gangster.
Speaker 2: Can I get a fire? Run? God damn, Ron? Can I shot you out? Come on?
Speaker 4: Come on? Wrong listen. We got a melli and people listening. I'm lying or they got like four people shot?
Speaker 2: Come on? You know what I'm saying? Ted chung everybody? What's what's the but Ron shot your people out?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Just shot yourself out man, shout out to me, run out, understand. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: You know why I have to do that admitted interview because people don't get close to the dog man. You know, we are so honest at the drink Champs because he and let me just tell you something. He hit me and was like, nigga.
Speaker 2: He's like, nigga, you ain't you ain't even fighting me? Because I was like, yo, you know, you know it's it's snoop dog like sometimes he don't. He don't forget that he snooped dog.
Speaker 4: So when he hit me with that message, I was like, Holy, I think I think I screenshoted this year.
Speaker 2: It makes a noise. Just new, it makes a noise. Was new? Got damage.
Speaker 4: So old?
Speaker 2: So you did you did the chronic to all, which was seven days?
Speaker 1: You said, yep. Then we stopped. It was over seven days, man did How.
Speaker 2: Was this approach? Because the Chronic sold how much I.
Speaker 1: Forget, like maybe six millions?
Speaker 2: I was about to say seven, so six, so six millions. So now, and how old are you at.
Speaker 1: This time nineteen ninety two? I am twenty years old?
Speaker 4: Now, how the fuck do they tell you getting the studio because you fuck at this point, you fucking every day. I don't give a fuck. I was twenty years old with a flatinum regulars. That makes a noise for you fucking every day?
Speaker 2: So how how did they get you in the studio to make this classic? First? It's crazy because twenty years old, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 4: And when you black, twenty is thirty right, when you black, right and you're from the hood.
Speaker 2: But when you black and got money still twenty is fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I remember I didn't have money. This is being twenty with no money.
Speaker 2: But you're coming off the Chronic album.
Speaker 5: You still didn't have no money. That was Doctor Drag's album. Wow, that wasn't my record. Remember I was worked for hire. I was the pin, you know, the pen behind the scenes, which enabled me. This is where I think the Blessing failed, like it felled when we was creating death for a record. We didn't have no roster on who was coming out, what was going next, and what was in order. It was pecking order. We put ourselves in position, meaning that once Dre album was being worked on, whoever was the dopest, the hardest, the one that people wanted to see in here next was going to position themselves to get a solo deal. And that's what I was pushing for. I wasn't never doing nothing but that. That's why I wrote the best material for him. I gave him the best shit. I didn't go in there half hearted. I went in their whole hearted and gave him the best of me. So when it was time for me to do my record, he gave me the best of him. And then next after that was the dog Pound because Corrupted Dads was pushing the hardest on my record. So it was like everybody was pushing and we was pushing each other to where the blueprint was laying out as we went. It was never written in stone. Dre Snoop Murder was the case dog Pound. It was like, you know what Dre album, We're gonna figure everything else once we get past.
Speaker 1: This first Yeah, and what happened was I was.
Speaker 4: So so so so so because I'm totally sorry to cut you off, but y'all was all on that album.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it was the chosen one.
Speaker 1: I wasn't the chosen one. I was the one that I was the one that worked, like didn nobody.
Speaker 2: When you say warr G bringing out to the studios, war G was G was the plug.
Speaker 5: He was the plug one. G was the plug with connecting us. He was the plug with some of them samples on the Chronic album. He was the plug with the skits and like he was the plug, like you know what I'm saying, Like he was really active. That's why he was able to put a solo record out without Doctor Dre, without death to save Death Jam Records.
Speaker 1: Let's not get that part fucked up.
Speaker 5: To save Death Jam Records and get Russell them a whole new check again and put them back in the game because the rap game wasn't favorable.
Speaker 1: For Death Jam at that time.
Speaker 5: Death Row swallowed everything up and Warren G was like a plug into the death Row system without dealing with Sugar Knight.
Speaker 2: You get what I'm saying. And that's real business right there.
Speaker 5: And Russellton identified with that, and it's proven that that was a move that put death Jam back in play to give niggas deals again and for niggas to eat again because they were back as considered being hot, because they had Warren g A three four million records selling on his own without without them, niggas basically without.
Speaker 1: Us, but with us, because we were just behind the scenes. We just wasn't this so now.
Speaker 2: Long beach?
Speaker 4: Right this first album, this first album, I heard that you said after the Chronic. No first I heard that you said in the Chronic y'all all stayed at the same house.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and then now go into this first album.
Speaker 5: First time, I got an apartment in Hollywood, one bedroom. We called it the dog Town. Five hundred dollars a month for rent. I'm barely paying.
Speaker 1: In Hollywood, in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Place right now, like Franklin is still available right now, right now, right now, right now. And then we're gonna tell them, listen, nigga, we're gonna be the next Snoop Dog, but we can't. And we're gonna say that it's y'all to y'all new artists. Me and this nigga we look too all.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, look ahead, listen because that first album, because I just want to now I'm gonna represent for the whole New York all these other moments I did, and then I would like you to represent for Miami.
Speaker 2: But when you dropped that first album, everybody related to you and you was I don't think you would.
Speaker 4: Initially try to identify with every ghetto in America, but you identified with your ghetto. And what happened was it identified with everybody across the globe. So I want you to take us to that first album.
Speaker 5: First album was heavy Man because me and Doctor Dre was together every day, Like we would really ride together. We would be in the vehicle, had the bands back then he would pick me up, we would roll together, we would stay the night together. We were doing all kind of flying shit like it would be two girls, right, I get you one scenario just because we.
Speaker 1: Personal like that, nobody's and they didn't put this in the movie. So I was like, all right, I'll put it in.
Speaker 2: I'll put it in my movie.
Speaker 5: So we for example, we had two girls, right, and these two bitches stayed together. So but they stayed four though, So I didn't have no cars, so we go see them together, right and all while we riding to go see them, I got a cassette on playing the dramatics Marvin Gaye funk all kinds of old ship. So when we get there, he go on his side of the room, I go on my side. We meet back up like six in the boning, six in the morning in the living room. Boom, jump back in the car and ride back to the studio and make a record. That's how doggie Stown was created. For like four or five of the records. Some of them records was created based off of a night that we had. You know, later on that day, my nigga Doctor Drake came through with a gang get tangled right, you know some of that ship was really happening.
Speaker 1: What happened, and it was like it was translated into the music.
Speaker 5: And then some of them records that we made on Doggie Stown was just uh, the song Jeez and Hustlers.
Speaker 1: He said, go in there and might check. I might check. And when I might check is what you hear on the album.
Speaker 5: It's a whole one take freestyle, no going back, no doubles, just whatever the fuck came out came out. When I was done with it. I was like, alright, let me write it. He was like, Nigga, you ain't writing shit. That motherfucker's dope. I'm like for really, like yeah, played it back for me, let me hear it. I was like, fucking came out just like that. Same with the shis Neck. So these are two records that I didn't even write. I just went there and just might check, might check one, two and to this stage hopping like a rabbit.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: I do write, but some of the songs that I have done have just came spontaneous, and that's just how the fuck they go.
Speaker 2: It's just it is what it is, like one of the craziest records on mixtapes cause that's my Doggy Style remix. I loved that record. When I was a mixing, I was like, I needed to hunt the record down. I got it, put it on my mixtape. I was the craziest in Miami with my ship the Dogy Style remix.
Speaker 1: Man, that motherfucker never came out.
Speaker 2: I love that. I don't remember. I love that. I want to break it down here. I mean it is, it's a remix, and it's just it's totally different from the original.
Speaker 1: It is that ship the hardest fun.
Speaker 2: The record is crazy.
Speaker 4: You know, he the only nigga that I remember that because listen, you know he brought cars one. He brung Cars one a bracelet from Jesus in fourteen thirty one.
Speaker 1: It ad.
Speaker 4: He remembers Everything's snoop. So that first album, Okay, you go in the studio because now Death Row was the ship, right, Yeah, we popping that. We like we lightweight popping. The chronic got us lightweight popping because one thing is for showing two things. For certain, the East Coast wasn't really like fucking with West Coast entirely until my record came out, like they was your entirely true.
Speaker 2: Let's make the lawyer's fun right because you know why we understood in w A. But then there was people in between, y'all, Like you know, that's what I forget. The East Coast might be misrepresented because it's the East Coast as New York and then down south Miami East Coast too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what one thing about the West Coast. The East Coast to US has always been in New York. That's the mecca.
Speaker 5: Like we've always looked for them for approval if they don't give you the stamp of approval if you can't get on High ninety seven flex, which was the problem. Angie Martinez, don't give you an interview, and and loving Doctor dre fab five Freddie don't say what's.
Speaker 1: Happening to you, nigga?
Speaker 5: If certain ship they got to happen, you understand me, or you ain't official, like a referee with a whistle.
Speaker 2: And that we felt like that from the South too.
Speaker 4: They was considered the East and you ain't even know now we couldn't get New York was the member the west coast of the East said leave one all. Let me get away with it, let me get away. So, okay, this album comes out. How you work on your first album? This Sauce Awards happened. I'm gonna be honest. I was in jail when the Source Awards came out. But I have to pick you up because one day I was in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and I go to the stage. The promoters say we don't got the rest of your money. So I was like, alright, cool, so I'm gonna leave.
Speaker 2: I leave.
Speaker 4: The promoter gets on the show and says, nor don't fuck with y'all. He said, y'all don't have enough money for him to perform, and he throws down the mic. So I was going outside anyway, all the crowd come and they brushed my car.
Speaker 2: So I get out the car and I'm like, y'all think it's for And everybody was like, y'all, nobody can't do it. But I got that from you. But that moment, that moment in East Coast history, because we loved you.
Speaker 1: And we that's why y'all didn't kill nobody. Just keep it one hundred. We don't keep it one hundred.
Speaker 5: Everybody always asked me about that scenario or that situation, but the truth of the matter is that a lot of lines could have been tooken if that strategic play wouldn't play, you know what I'm saying, because there was a gang to speaking of gangs, just getting the respect in the mutual respect of you know, let us get up out of here safely because we understand the dynamics of what's going on and what's taking place. But let's not you know, have some casualties or some unnecessary motherfuckers that don't need to be And that's what it was.
Speaker 1: In the order war.
Speaker 5: Anytime you know, countries go to war, they always have a conversation. It's always two laders or two motherfuckers that's gonna chop it up before they actually push the button to do their thing.
Speaker 1: And they never just dropped the boss like he was.
Speaker 2: You knew East Coast had love for you. I knew it.
Speaker 4: But your confidence in which you said it, you was like, yeah, I got wrong. I was in jail like that nigga know what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: No, listen, this is real shit that moment.
Speaker 4: Noah, nah, I'm listening because at the end of the day, he was he was West Coast Marlde. He could have rolled out with the bloods. He could have rolled out with snoop. But you gotta realize in.
Speaker 2: Which the man did it.
Speaker 4: He came out by itself. He did have a yakaa mean, but he did have a yaka to mean because because you know what, Listen, it's just like what I did. I knew some of the most records I ever sould it is in this area.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 4: There's no I mean, there's no way, like I mean, honestly, like you had to say to yourself, there's no way, Like everybody here brought my record.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had to sell eight hundred thousand at least just in New York. Man.
Speaker 5: They loved me, man, and they loved you, and I felt that like the first time I felt the New York love.
Speaker 1: I did a show called The Rosie Perere Show and that motherfucker it was EPMD and it was Pete.
Speaker 5: Rock and cl Smooth, and I swear to god, I was so infatuated with the fact that I was actually performing with them niggas.
Speaker 1: And I was even put some boots.
Speaker 5: On nigga I don't even wear. I was like, I'm dressed like these niggas. Niggas come out here, fuck it up. And when I finished doing my ship, the niggas came in my trailer, nigga and we smoked and we chopped it up. And that's when I really said, you know what, New York fucked with us because these niggas came in the trailer and they're talking to us.
Speaker 4: We loved you, and that's why I was glad. Like at that moment, like I said, I was in jail, but at that moment, I was so glad at your stance because you wasn't speaking for a West Coast nigga. You speaking for an artist, And what I mean by that is if you love me, you love me, you don't.
Speaker 2: That's like, that's like, yo, if I fucking perform in a KKK rally, nigga, if you fucking my music, fucking my music, just let me leave about it. This look you fucking my shit. I'm gonna perform and let me get the fuck the fucking out of here. It won't, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 14: But Snoop man, you know your your history is so historic. Its history, it's so impeccable. In my opinion, it's like, you know, uh, continuously you have made yourself relevant. You just dropped a new album. Cool, let's let's get into that new album. Now, it's kool aid and it's purposely spelled with a.
Speaker 4: See yeah, let's break that down. Let's break that down. What's going on this new album?
Speaker 5: But this new album is just me finding my way back home again, you know, getting back on my gangster ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I went to Jamaica and I found a beautiful spirit within myself that I needed to find.
Speaker 2: I did reggae, did Jamaica. Let's do it give me how with the left, the left with the left left?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it was it was.
Speaker 5: You know what, as a kid, I grew up loving reggae music and I wanted to see you.
Speaker 1: I wanted to know why I loved it.
Speaker 5: Right, So when I went to Jamaica, I was tooking to the night Bingie Temple and I was giving the instructures and information on what I was and who I was.
Speaker 1: And I tuned in and tapped into what I was some history that America never gave me.
Speaker 2: But you did bring your old weed. Oh. I had to do that because you heard that. You heard that Jamaica had dirt. Let's keep it real. I did too.
Speaker 1: They we wasn't dirt. It just was from the ground that was organic and it had no chemicals.
Speaker 2: I was going to tell you.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, you like the lead now to go from tipery gardens. I went to get but then I had this the president. Listen, Yo, listen, dude, this listen.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, I'm watching Snoop Ship and I'm like, damn, I did that. I did everything this nigga did. But I said, y'all, this nigga ain't going to Tivoli Gardens. The next scene this.
Speaker 1: There was.
Speaker 5: You ha your own, the nigga said, and then you usually at nighttime, man, you need to go home.
Speaker 1: I said, fun that I'm showing up at nighttime. Yeah, that's right tonight.
Speaker 2: It was some uncomfortable parts that it looked like.
Speaker 1: Come on, man.
Speaker 5: It was because you gotta understand when you really, when you expose yourself, when you put yourself into people's face with no security, you got to deal with them. And a lot of times motherfuckers don't be mad, they just be frustrated.
Speaker 1: They be venting.
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 5: One of the niggas want he loved me so much, he loved twupunks so much, and he just didn't know how to express itself. And he was trying to get me to come to his barbershop, but he didn't understand. I'm not here to see you. I'm here to see dud this in them cause so I don't due respect. I'm gonna check you before they do, because if they check you, you ain't gonna live. So I checked him for him because the way they was gonna check him, it was gonna be unpleasant checking you understand, I'm saying like if you got guess at your house or somebody show out. When you got guess, how you're gonna do him exactly, You're gonna walk him in the back of the tools.
Speaker 1: She had to give him some real good you understand me.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you to pot what that broll?
Speaker 1: How was that?
Speaker 2: Because you had just beat the murder trial, Chris.
Speaker 4: Yes, you had to beat the mother try Pop comes to death row and then murder was the case? Was like the was was that the first record you recorded? Or mistake the first the first record that came out?
Speaker 1: You know, the first record that me and him did was America's most one.
Speaker 2: That's what I said. That's what I said when I said said against the party.
Speaker 1: You said murder was the.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I met. In my mind, I was saying something.
Speaker 1: I'm just so he was my friend before he got Yeah, he said.
Speaker 2: The same source awards didn't.
Speaker 1: He wasn't there.
Speaker 5: We had a we had to cut out billboard of him inside of a cell. We had the sales and everybody was in the cell. His billboard was cut out in the cell. He wasn't even on death row, talked about being on death row. We just did that as a symbol of representing him and fucking with him because he was my friend. So that was a you know, a play that I did to put him in there to rep it.
Speaker 2: Wait, so you said he was your friends? You saying I'm the reason why he was on that phone. Oh wow, that's what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that he was my friend and my thing was speaking with Sugar because after he had got shot, I flew to New York like the next day, and it was like shit was going bad for him and he had got locked up, and I was like, man, sure we need to put that nigga with us, because.
Speaker 2: How far back is y'all's friendship.
Speaker 5: Poetic Justice Rap Party was the first night I met him, and then we became friends.
Speaker 1: And actually MC breed Rest of Peace.
Speaker 5: Was was trying to buy some dope and I knew the nigga that knew the nigga, so Breed got some dope for me and DC and Breed was cool and Tupac and that's how we all became like a circle of friends.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Believe it, this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna lie. I ain't gonna lie. I got so so a hip hop mold fan.
Speaker 1: Just now I was.
Speaker 4: I said I'm a guy I was supposed to ask a question at this point, like I was just sitting there like I'm just thinking like a word. So all right, boom that pop comes here. He's already there, y'all, already doing what he's doing. These these records come out.
Speaker 1: These records, these records. Let me tell you this for you know, all lies on me. When he get out. I'm working on the dog Father.
Speaker 5: So when he get out, my cousin Dad is like my number one supply because Drake Dray basically like not really giving up music because I think he on his way out, but we don't really know what's going on doing cocaine in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for doing it in the bathroom. So so we're working on my record.
Speaker 5: So when he get out, naturally I tell dads and the whole crew, Pot getting out, y'all throw cuz all of the music get him right first. So he ended up getting all this hot music because we was in the process of doing Hot Ship. And then Pot brought a spirit to the studio that was different than anybody we ever worked with. He had a work spirit that was like this nigga could be in three different rooms at one time and making music, and he would he would never listen.
Speaker 1: To it like we was always we would. We learned this from Doctor Dre. We would make a song.
Speaker 2: We listened to that.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker for a whole month, I mean just.
Speaker 5: Back to back, thirty days, just listening to the same goddamn song, party and inviting bitches over.
Speaker 2: Off the sun, and then it never come out.
Speaker 5: The nigga Tupac was like, Nigga, when we make a song, when we finish it, when listening to that ship, pull another beat up. We're doing another motherfucker song. You can mix that motherfucker. When you finished, we'll listen to it.
Speaker 2: It was a factory.
Speaker 5: He was never about like even when we made one song, boom the motherfucker the last verse, he'd be like, all right, play it back. We play it down from top to bottom. As soon as that motherfucker cut off, all right, give it to the engineer. Pull the next beat up. Never did we listen to a song twice with that nigga. That's something that I learned from him that I take with me today because I was and like it I was. I learned from doctor Dre. I learned from my teacher they taught me exactly. Another time was on some like Nigga Funck that we're going, We're going, We're going, We're going. How you thinking Nigga made three albums and motherfucking ship six months.
Speaker 2: That's Gemini ship. By the way, that's Geminis. I'm a Geminis. Where you come? But what's sound of you?
Speaker 1: I'm a labor all right?
Speaker 2: What's going on? I'm a virgo. I don't know if it means anything. That's make some noise for the signs that Snoop astrlog listen Snoop. I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't thank you so much. We're gonna gotta we gotta the wall. I actually know what I want to admit interview. I just want to thank you because you know what, it's the first time artist, Like you know what I'm saying, Like you know it's running media.
Speaker 2: Right now, Like right now, we are running DJ and DJ. I'm sorry when I say I represent the motherfucking DJ's. Sorry. That's all right.
Speaker 4: You always gotta have a Mexican around you. I don't care about listen, but he's from l A yours.
Speaker 2: I'm from l A too. Yeah, it's same ship. Messic I'm originally from La.
Speaker 5: Say ship you always got a kid and you know what Pete Alis Dodge and the motherfucker.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. And it's the first time.
Speaker 4: You know, you know this is what I believe because you know we got you got g g N Yeah. So now do you operate GGM when.
Speaker 2: You're not there? Because we're gonna be in l A August. Can I co host g G in? Can we drink?
Speaker 4: Yes, we'll cold because we be in La August twenty seventh through the twenty eight, twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I gotta stay twenty six to the twenty ninth, twenty six to the twenties.
Speaker 1: Make that happen. That's no problem.
Speaker 4: Happen you you send me who you want, you send us, because well we'll ca holst together.
Speaker 2: Problem drink champ. Let's come out right now.
Speaker 1: I saw no.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry because you know what if we just say something. When I say me, I mean he is me is Wade? We got mad sense different.
Speaker 2: Let's just make some hardcore nigga noise.
Speaker 4: It's no much more that I can't respect you because not only you was one of the most coolest people that I was supposedly like quote unquote have beef with like you know what I'm saying at the beginning of my career. But not only that, but you continue to show your growth, your prosperity. Everything you do is to uplift. And again, this walk that you and Game just did was so like it's inspiring to me because it made me want to go back to my own hood and and do such a thing.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 2: So again I want you to touch on that.
Speaker 4: And then I'm going right back to your music because it's a lot more ship I want to talk about.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, one thing that I do is coach football, and I have one football league. I was just about to say the Snoopy Football League thirteen years.
Speaker 2: You had a question about it.
Speaker 1: We've been doing that for thirteen years.
Speaker 2: Man, it's all faked sportscaster coming. He wanted to big you up where you at? He would have been, Paul, didn't you say kenvi regard that was no. I said Lebron was coming to Miamif Yeah, he said Lebron's going to.
Speaker 1: Said that eight years ago, Nigga, that niggas a genius.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that anyway. I wanted to say those those the way he was on Squy TV and the Fighting Night Tights because he coaches his sons, and you do the Fighting Night Tights.
Speaker 8: With the Houston and California League and you and you and you commentated the game for the shortes.
Speaker 2: Come on, man that I wanted to Yeah, you really like that?
Speaker 1: Thank you dog. Well that's that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Like it.
Speaker 1: Don't get a lot of the.
Speaker 2: Ship like that.
Speaker 5: Don't get a lot of attention because I don't never really want cameras around it because I do it for the love. I don't really do it for to try to make like what I'm doing, I want you to come and see all this great work I'm doing in the community, because community work is supposed to be done, regardless if it's the camerady or not. And what I've been doing with these kids, I've been building them and showing them how to you know, live and go to high school, graduate, go to NFL, go to college and do their thing or what not, and give them hope. And we go to areas where the crime rate was really at a high level and now it's at a low level, and we're getting gang members to you know, drop the guns and become football coaches and lead these young men. So this is something that I'm doing and I don't really get a lot of attention for, but it means the world to me to be able to do it, to do it thirteen years and running. I got a kid that played in the Super Bowl last year.
Speaker 2: Years ago. You know, like I said, I'm originally from la and I still got family out there living downy right now. Actually, and my cousin, Melissa, she's a teacher at a Long Beach High Oh yeah, and she this is years ago. She told me you came by. I guess an old coach of years. He's still there. She was just telling me how much you gave back to the children that you can would come often. She said that when you were like a regular appearance there.
Speaker 1: That's what I do.
Speaker 5: I look out, you know, I try to come through as much as possible, cause I like to let the kids see an example of what they can be. A lot of time, when I was a kid, if somebody was considered a star, we never seen him. Like the area that we live in now, you see stars all the time, you know. When when when I was a kid, a star was weighing in the sky. You could never just pull up somewhere and see a celebrity. You know what I'm saying, You had to be like somewhere special when if you've seen him, you wasn't gonna get no conversation with him, right, You wn't'na get no picture, would he want no autograph? You just seen a flash of him. So nowadays, these kids don't understand that they get a chance to get up close and personal with these celebrities like myself, and it's our job to give 'em their information on how to be what we are or be better than what we are.
Speaker 2: Now me been waiting to ask this question the whole night.
Speaker 4: At one point, death Row record was the invincible, the unstoppable, the unfucking with the ball, and at that time the artists at the height of that whole forefront was snoop.
Speaker 2: How the fuck did that feel?
Speaker 4: Because we see other people, we see the cash moneies, we see the murder inks, but death Row just felt different because I don't want to say of the gang affiliation, but I'm going to say because of the gang affiliation, Like, how did that.
Speaker 2: Feel like when death Row was death Row? How did that feel like?
Speaker 5: Just being in that I mean, it was a It was a great feeling because we didn't have to be nobody but who we was.
Speaker 1: We didn't have to fake you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We didn't have to try to appease nobody by doing what y'all do or what they do.
Speaker 1: We did what we did.
Speaker 5: We dressed and what we wanted to dress. We wore our hair the way we wanted to wear our hair. We rapped about this ship we wanted to rap about. We chose the music that we wanted to rap over. It was like it was a whole style that was unique to who we were and who we are.
Speaker 1: And that was the.
Speaker 5: Fulfillment of it all that people loved and appreciated me for being me, that they didn't want me to be nobody but me. M.
Speaker 1: That was real.
Speaker 2: This make a noise.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, hold on, I've been wanting to take a peece for a minute. We'll take a peece for one second.
Speaker 1: Drinking when you smoke. You don't need no pe bringing. Let that nigga go peak. You got a little baby bladder. Let look baby, let me go bar.
Speaker 2: I'm take that.
Speaker 1: We'll wait for you, baby bladder.
Speaker 8: When when he said the whole thing about NWA and then and then he went all the way to your album. Obviously there was a lot of dope West Colost albums in between that. One of my favorite, I think is an all time classic hip hop album is the Certificate.
Speaker 2: Ice Cube Dope as Fuck on one of the best hip hop albums ever.
Speaker 1: DJ Poole put that together with Sir James.
Speaker 2: What I thought was ill was when you went to Priority. I don't know what that situation was, and you did all the reissues EPMD did my first Priority. That shit was crazy. How did that come about?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: I had talked to Brian Turner about re releasing music on Priority Records and giving some new artists and the opportunity shine because Priority Records was a great piece of hip hop that was kind of like unsung, and I wanted to give it an autorization that it deserved and put some of those songs together on the compilation CD as well as see if I can find some new talent. And Brian Turner was willing to give me that action to do that, and it brought a lot awareness to a lot of music that people had never heard or people hadn't heard in a long time, and it just was a great look.
Speaker 1: It was a look of love.
Speaker 5: You know. I wanted to do something that I've always wanted to do. I wanted to run priority records and put it back on the man.
Speaker 2: And you should have lied on a lot of records that maybe a lot of younger people cats wouldn't have even checked out. Like you should have lied on because it said I remember all the re issues said Snooper is as or whatever and that ship was ill.
Speaker 4: Thank you dom, this makes a noise whatever I was talking about, I don't fucking know, yep.
Speaker 2: But Snoop man like asshole. Let me tell you something that Snoop is a real nigga. You know, you know what the crazy thing is. And I got to ask Snoop you know what.
Speaker 4: I asked all of our guests because like I said, I think that we should have a hip hop flag and that'd be the establishment that you ever go to. I think that there should be something that shows this is a beautiful hotel. We're not going to shout out the hotel unless y'all want to, unless y'all say it ain't me, but this is a beautiful hotel. We came down all the way to West Palm to make sure we see Snoop because Snooper is that that import and everybody else should make them come see us.
Speaker 2: But so, and what I'm saying is in certain establishments they have flags. Shouldn't you think there should be a.
Speaker 4: Hip hop flag like wherever we go, like, you know, just to just to make sure that you're welcome there. Just it can be a nine star, he'll be a one star just.
Speaker 1: Unless we needed. We need to come up with that flag in the hip hop community, something that we can know.
Speaker 2: Let's make some.
Speaker 5: That we can all agree on that represents hip hop. And when we know that flag is that we know we're welcome.
Speaker 2: Hip hop will unify the world before anybody.
Speaker 4: Else, race, before a race, before political parties. I think that people should run under hip hop. And I think that Listen, fifty was just on here last week and fifty endorsed Kanye West.
Speaker 1: Correct I heard that. I thought that was I thought that was nice. Can you can you just West? Can't be no crazy that Donald Trump?
Speaker 2: Can we go there? Can we go? Can we can we co sign?
Speaker 4: Say on Drink Champs that Snoop Dogg is also endorsing Kanye West.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm endor.
Speaker 2: What does Snoop do think about Donald Trump? Because you smoked with Donald Trump at some point, YU with him once upon a time, you gave me ecstasy.
Speaker 1: I ain't do all that, LSD.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: His little roast, he had a roast on comedy.
Speaker 5: Since I remember that, I went hard on him, right, So you know, I kind of was fucking with him till I heard some of his views and his perspectives, and that made me back up off fro Hi because a lot of the views and perspectives that he got. I have friends that represent those you know fastest in life. You know, whether the Muslims, Mexican, whatever they are, And it's like that love.
Speaker 2: How l A people call them Muslims is so hard, that's sucked up on.
Speaker 5: They like singing people out, and you know we don't do that. We multi culture. We fucks with everybody, you know what I'm saying. So if you start singing out motherfuckers, you must well singing yourself because you don't know who connected, You don't know who the plug is.
Speaker 4: That's the fact the listens. Let me just let me point something out. This is how I know I'm not rich at all. Do you see my roaches, because are my roaches right there?
Speaker 1: This motherfuckers is little as a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Look at Snoops roaches. God, damn, I can roll four more roaches. Damn it because I know I'm not rich, not being rich.
Speaker 4: Snoop, Joe, that nigga rode Listen, you can roll two bloods out of his roaches. Long so now, Snoop, this is the craziest ship man. I've been in the game since nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 5: My first album, Yeah, motherfucker was smoking hot. The worry ports believe it. But what I'm saying is sometimes I lose it. I don't want to do this no more.
Speaker 2: What makes you? You just dropped a new album. Did we speak about that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, I'm competitive. I'm competitive a lot of times when my competitive energy.
Speaker 4: Are you competitive against other people against yourself?
Speaker 2: Because I think you're competing against yourself?
Speaker 1: Are the best all I'm competing against myself.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It's like a player that you know continues to go to the NBA All Star Game and he continues to make it to the Championship. He don't have time to watch his highlights because he got another game to play. Another season to get ready for. And that's how I look at my career is that I'm always preparing myself for the next game.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Like I knew I was going on tour with me and Wiz, so I said, let me put together album so that way when I'm on the road, I have a reason to be on the roll because I couldn't wait. I could have went on the road with no album and you.
Speaker 2: Just got Kobe Bryant high. Let's talk about that Kobe. Kobe. Man, that's fucked up.
Speaker 5: By the photo sho he comes all and they're doing wrong like that. Now, he came Kobe, but man, I love him to death. He came over to spend the time with me on some on some you.
Speaker 1: Know, after after thought, as far as after his pends.
Speaker 2: That nigga, you got him fucking snoop noise. You get to Goobe out. We were talking endorsements now because I gave him.
Speaker 5: I gave him a car, right, a sixty six Pontiac Parasites the Lakermobile that I had.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be more friends with you because I want you to give me a car at some point.
Speaker 11: I don't know what it is, Okay, you can give me a New York New York l A l A the car at some point, like twenty years from now.
Speaker 4: It's okay, but I got closed, Richard. But you so you gave Kobe. I gave him a car because the car already smelled like bud.
Speaker 2: That's not it was.
Speaker 5: It was a brand new It was a nineteen sixty six Pointier parasite white interior, yellow exterior, purple top.
Speaker 1: You understand me, with preparation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I gave him this vehicle for twenty years of excellence, for him representing the Lakers and giving us something to standard.
Speaker 2: He came out here had red eyes.
Speaker 1: No, they photo shot. They photo shot the eyes. Man, you know, then.
Speaker 2: Make the ship what it is. Man.
Speaker 15: I'm fucking with you, Snoop, But Snoop, listen, you guilty if you ain't even.
Speaker 14: If you're in an association figure association, but really easy, you're Snoop Man.
Speaker 2: There's no way I can thank you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Drink Champs. It's the first time, you know, rappers have took over media. We are so excited and.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. You gotta wrap DJ. Yeah, were the wrapping back J.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right, And listen, we're wrapping the DJ and we want to come into l A on August twenty seventh, KD.
Speaker 2: What's up with y'all?
Speaker 1: So set it up to that way they can do the g g N.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want to host. We want to host, you know, and listen, and you know it's the crazy ship is snoop. This is what we'll do. Whatever guess you send us, you don't gotta prep us. We just send us to that prepped.
Speaker 5: All the shows I did on the g G and I ain't never prepped. I don't have no certain nights of getting ready for the bringing this swill version of drink jamps. And it's got to be spontaneous. One thing about us as lyricists, as mcs, as you know what we do. We flow with the motion. And sometimes it's better when it's spontaneous because if it's gonna be written, the scripted ships gonna be fake. I'd rather go off script because that way you can talk about ship that ain't on the script, because the script sometimes will allow you to talk about specific things. But if you go off script and you go you know, spontaneous, you can get the in depth interview.
Speaker 2: That you really look for to make this ship real, flying different like the rest of everybody's a that take it don't matter, like we all authentic about this ship. That's a fact.
Speaker 4: I'm Snoop, you one of the most. At the end of the day, brother, you transcended culture. And what I mean by that is they ain't a New York nigga alive that was alive when you when you dropped what was that? When you drop dogg Style, there's Puerto Rican ship Puerto Rican, forget Puerto Ricans. So when you drop Doggie Style, there's not there's not a New York nigga alive that can't say that they identified with you. Like while some niggas is cripping right now in New York, it's because I mean, I'm just keeping it a hundred.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 2: It's because of you.
Speaker 4: And then and you're still out here kicking ass h And I asked you, I asked you what makes you keep going? And you said, because you're still competitive?
Speaker 1: Yeah, very like I hate to lose and if i'm but.
Speaker 4: You also keep venturing like you did the album Crow did an album with master P.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did three albums with master P three albums.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I left Death Row Records, I signed with No Limit Records, which was the hottest rap lael in the industry. When I signed with No Limit Records, they was the hottest in the rap industry. They was the only niggas getting money in the industry. I'm not let me finish, let me fish not to say this, because this is very important.
Speaker 2: Please please.
Speaker 5: Puffyet Nam was was rocking, but they wasn't getting no money like master P was like. And I had been around their camp. I had been around Death Jam, I was on Death Row. I had seen all the niggas that supposedly had the money. Master P had the motherfucking money.
Speaker 1: He had the money.
Speaker 2: That was three albums.
Speaker 5: I did three albums in my diad the Game is to be so not to be told. And I did a movie called The Game of Life right after that. Then I did Hopo Limit, No Limit.
Speaker 1: Top Dog.
Speaker 5: Then I did Hot Boys after that, then I did motherfucking The Last Meal. Then I did The Chronic two thousand and one. That's when I got with for real. But I put the East Siders out put after Doggies Angels. You understand me, He showed me how to put business because I hadn't had a record label. I was always talking at Doggiestyn shit. If I didn't have no record label. Masterpiece showed me how to put a label together, how to go get money, how to eat, how to make money off my tours, how to make money off of movies, how to create a different lane for me to be seen differently. He brought money to the industry because I'm telling you the truth. Niggas wasn't having no money to hold you. He talked the niggas how to get it man, because see, rappers wasn't getting money, man.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm trying to tell y'all.
Speaker 5: Niggas was getting gold chained and you get a big ass production deal or they spent all this money on your album and marketing. But niggas wasn't getting no way out of ass money. Niggas on no limit money. But everybody on no limit had a house, a car, two guns, in a bank account.
Speaker 2: Makes some noise. And then after that, after so you said three albums, three albums.
Speaker 1: From I want three projects.
Speaker 5: I went from Doggy Style Murder was the case, dog Pound, dog Father above the rim out of there, no limit game is to be sold out, to be told no limit, top dog and last meal.
Speaker 1: I did three albums and three you.
Speaker 7: Say out of it thought out the contract master p went to Sugar Night in the penitentiary instruct a deal because everybody else was scared of that nigga.
Speaker 5: Everybody. That's when Sugar Knight was the monster, the boogeyman. That's when he was the boogieman.
Speaker 1: Went Pete went to.
Speaker 5: Go see the drunk a deal, paid him, paid me, got my publishing bank, gave me three albums. I did my three albums, then allowed me to do the east Side of deal while I was in the process of doing my last album. Didn't get no money deal, Yes, didn't take no money from it, didn't take no imprint from it. East Side just one sold a million records and my record label was off from popping.
Speaker 1: That's what I.
Speaker 2: But listen, I knew this information for him. The way he get down and the way he's saying it, I'm just I'm sitting over here.
Speaker 4: Like I'm back in Fan Moore. I'm sorry, do you want me to get back an interview more? Because I'm stilling and we always so. Now so now you live in New Orleans, which you say years, three years, three years, so that when the things.
Speaker 5: Cal And then now that's crazy you said that because when I first go to Baton, roach Master P tell me, nigga, you can't go back to LA. So he basically put a wall around me, like, nigga, don't go back to LA. But that's when the niggas was really still trying to get at me. And you know what I'm saying, I was kind of leaking so in so many words, because I didn't really have my street shit right in the hood. So I went back in New Orleans and I stayed out there. By the time the second album came, I started sliding back to LA, like for two days here, two days there, and people was like, niggas stopped going back.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I can't help it.
Speaker 5: Then that's when I started getting DJ Quick and all the other niggas that was a part of the second album, and it started to sound back like Snoop Dogg, because the first record was South like a motherfucker, and then the second one was getting more like Snoop Dogg. Then that's when I got Dreda. Gave me bitch, please for real, gave me from the Church to the Palace. Then I did the third one, which was motherfucking the Last. That's what Ship was like all the way right, we had Laylan, We had all kinds of records that were sounding like Snoop Dug, which prepped me for the Chronic two thousand and one album.
Speaker 1: And then he knew I had to be back in La because my flavor was La.
Speaker 5: It was good that I could, you know, jump out of my habitat and get in this environment and adapt to any environment and be a chameleon, you know what I'm saying. But at the same time, I got to go back to where I'm comfortable at the zone and I'm and that's where you start to hear those records start becoming more you know what I'm saying, like the way they were supposed to sound.
Speaker 2: Wow, At what point all that is the c Murder record that you did.
Speaker 1: Sea Murder record was on the second album No Limit Top.
Speaker 5: Donk that record that record because because the Death Row Niggas was on A Niggas.
Speaker 2: But originally you weren't on that record originally, the original one.
Speaker 1: Originally that's my record.
Speaker 2: There's a version without you though, right.
Speaker 1: No, that originally was my record that you heard two different versions.
Speaker 5: So that's why I'm telling you that record was made after some ship happened in l A and the Death from Niggas tried to get me.
Speaker 2: But there is two versions though, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: But the version that you heard was the second after the fact version. It's ko C did the original. Big the nigga that did move bitch to.
Speaker 2: Give it to you. Oh my god, that's what I'm sad.
Speaker 1: You're wrong.
Speaker 2: I thank you. Come on ahead, got when I said you you you you you mad threshing right ship my nigga.
Speaker 10: Yeah, y'all got that ship on what y'all little Snoop? God damn it. I can't believe we did it. So Snoop, we got to marry Jane redsite. We got the married Jane.
Speaker 2: Website, Yeah we do.
Speaker 5: We got the we got the g We got g G and popping on Revolt TV. And I got my own you know sense situation.
Speaker 2: We're trying to lock me down? Shall I go Overvolt? You know what you do?
Speaker 1: But you get paid to play and then you do it and you keep it moving and don't get as the question.
Speaker 2: They don't get everything. They just get some of the things, because you're not gonna find everything, so you're gonna have some of the thing. He said, what I'm saying because I want to, because I told you that's my nigga too, That's what.
Speaker 4: So you got all g guh and we're gonna try to host that.
Speaker 5: Definitely, Drink's gonna do it. And you're gonna that ship in the backyard somewhere. Man, were just that I did you start?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I was watching the news one night and it came on. It was a murder. It was something I was like, why every time the news come on, it's some bad news.
Speaker 2: I've never seen the news come on with well, they got to stick or some beautiful.
Speaker 1: From the start.
Speaker 5: The news at work, it's all good news. It's all fun, it's all comedy.
Speaker 1: It's all me. And it went from that to where it is now.
Speaker 2: That's a fact that's important. The nigga get this dick sock in an alley way. God damn it.
Speaker 1: It used to be me.
Speaker 2: I've been married for a long time. For the space of me before I was married. You know, my nigga snoop yo, come on, get yours out. You know, best of my ligas. They provided the liquor. We used. We used to have girls here, poor the drinks. What happened? I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm married too, but I don't mind having sne eye candy. I'm just shopping. I'm not buying anything, you know, sometimes.
Speaker 2: A little snoop. You have never got tired of this lifestyle of the lifestyle I live. No, No, I mean not the lifestyle I live. That's that's a funked up question.
Speaker 4: But I got tired of recording and doing the same process that style.
Speaker 1: I have got no see what I'm I became my own boss.
Speaker 5: So being your own boss, you make your own rules, you play your own plays, and I don't do what they do.
Speaker 1: I do what I do.
Speaker 5: So I drop a record when I won't do a movie, when I won't shoot TV, when I won't do a shoe deal, coach football.
Speaker 1: You understand me. I do what I like when I want to like.
Speaker 5: It's like, it's not a script, that's everybody else's script, you know. Like if I was in the world of sports, I would be my own sport. I wouldn't even be I'd be a little bit of basketball, a little bit of a soccer, a little bit of golf, a little bit of.
Speaker 1: Football, Like, Nigga, what sport are you, Nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just that, I'm that sport nigga. Everything right, God damnit ke some lawyers still got that magage.
Speaker 9: Listen, this is real shit right then. Okay, Jenny Juice, you have niggas in the East Coast.
Speaker 1: You nigga was getting drunk on that ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did this come? Clut ship? This collaboration. Collaboration, Jenny Juice.
Speaker 5: Collaboration happened when the nigga was a young nigga seventeen sixteen.
Speaker 1: You really didn't have too much money.
Speaker 5: We used to buy seagrums bumpy Gin bumpy face bottle and we used to get a It was a drink called super Socco.
Speaker 1: And we used to mix break down with soccle Nigga. Super Socco was a soccer drink Nigga, and it was like a lemony flavor. You can look it up on Google.
Speaker 2: Nigga looking at played soccer.
Speaker 1: Nigga looked at up.
Speaker 5: Nigga looking at looking up Spanish super Socco looking up his Spanish Nigga.
Speaker 1: Super Socco was was.
Speaker 5: A mix that we used to mix it with, so it gave it a different kind of lemony flavor, and then we went to orange juice. And then once we mixed it with orange juice, we started doing gin and juice, and then from jin and juice it became a record because it was like we heard the old song. Half Dead used to always sing old songs and he would put new words to us. So the song was walking down the street watching ladies, cool by watching you. He took van and put rolling down the street smoking and sipping on gin and juice.
Speaker 2: So he he did that.
Speaker 1: But then we got David Ruffin Jr. To actually sing it on the ouse makes.
Speaker 4: A lay sloop flossing on us. Yeah, that shit is real. What do you go about the song? That's the fact check. Yeah, but they got in the bottle too. See what it looked like in the bottle.
Speaker 1: That's it. You found the brand.
Speaker 2: That's that's the hazard. It sounds he's called.
Speaker 1: Off that nigga found facts the bottle.
Speaker 2: In the bottle, nigga, you know we do, you.
Speaker 4: Know, we're like the black Howard Stearns listened to excuse me, the black Latino. Howard Sterns come Latino too, goddamn it.
Speaker 2: Of course but we're all together, man, so it has you still you still you're still looking for that I got it.
Speaker 1: Let me say.
Speaker 5: That, you know, like like last Bottom, it's like from the eighties looking in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Listen the eighties. Go back to the eighties.
Speaker 2: You are Prestoriedno, go to God. Damn it.
Speaker 5: Let's make a noise for stup being prehistoric. Now, you know what I respect. I told damn dash that motherfucking paid it for. It was one of the most gangster movies I've ever seen in my life. You know, for one reason, because I was a drug dealer around that term. I never was like money making mentioning them, but I always wanted to be like them niggas. I was that little nigga that was getting it on the po And to see a movie like that was so motherfucking aspiring and so so deaf to fine to see the relationship ship and see how cutthroat that ship was, and it really was like that in real life. It was a great learning experience too to watch that movie for the educational reasons as well.
Speaker 4: And you know what, you know, your cousin Dad, which I love, He sat head. He said he wanted to do Colors Part two in New York, and I really needed to direct that movie. I just wanted to throw that out there just the time you see him, listen, I want to direct that because you know what that was the most genius is ship Like I loved at Dads and you know, me and Dad we just get high together. When he said that to me, I was like, this nigga way smarter than me. I was like, said, I'm gonna do Colors Part two and I was like what he said, but in New York, I was like, she's a still nigga. I need to I'm gonna buy that movie. Like, let's say whatever I gotta do, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Negotiate.
Speaker 16: Negotiate has been the only the only guests have been on here twice. But but but snoop, So let me ask you, so what that being said? Like what gangs being it's origin being from where you come from. And now I don't know if you know, but how big that.
Speaker 2: Shit is in New York, Miami and everywhere? Did you ever see that? Or a gang is like hip hop?
Speaker 5: Right, it's fun, it's exciting, it looks like it's easy to do. You can do it with your friends, and it becomes something of representation of who you are, and it's a replication of who you are. So it's supposed to travel. It's supposed to go from city to city. Just imagine if hip hop would have stayed in the Bronx, you would have never got it. I wouldn't never got it, it wouldn't win nowhere exactly. So gang banging is supposed to spread. It's supposed to travel because it's like it's some great ship in gangs.
Speaker 3: I think if somebody wanted the easy travel guides of how it all spread, listened to some of the vacation from ice Q.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's that's one of the perfect examples. Like a nigga setting up shopping one of those cities. You go to a city where you know niggas is not as fast as La, but they will. You know, they influenced by you know, they they love what they see because LA. Remember it's movies that's been made on us, like from Colors to Boys in the Hood. So we have the perfect blueprint to what it is to be a gangster. So when you have a gangster from La come to your city and impress you and show you what it is and give you the rules and the regulations. It's easy to influence others and to make them pick that culture up and make it theirs, just like hip hop.
Speaker 1: Hip hop was born and bred in the Bronx, but it made it way.
Speaker 2: It's made its way the world everywhere.
Speaker 5: And when they got to Long Beach, I grabbed a hold of it and I wanted to do that more than gang Bang.
Speaker 1: So eventually it's gonna do the same thing.
Speaker 5: You know, hip hop will will move in again and overwhelm because the people that ain't from La where it originated from, they had a couple of years behind with the gang banger, so they don't understand that we at the point that we know how to converse, we know how to communicate.
Speaker 1: Bloods and crips hang out and kick it.
Speaker 5: So once they get that part, then they don't understand that it's really a real brotherhood. And I'm seeing that with all these marches, and you see in bloods and crips all over the world tying their rags together because they following what they see us do and we leave by example. So if we put the right foundation, now they're gonna walk the great path.
Speaker 4: But do you think that like hip hop if us come to this, this is what I've been preaching on this podcast. I think this is like a twenty third episode.
Speaker 2: Now this will be a twenty four, This will be or twenty four. But what I've been preaching is hip hop shit registered as a race.
Speaker 4: What I mean by that is, you know, we might not win as a black race, but there's people like Mars Coscuelli that people who feel like they're part of hip hop.
Speaker 2: Would they not be a part of our race? You think that is that something that we shouldn't like as hip hop?
Speaker 5: Well, hip hop don't have a race to it because it's a it's a feeling exactly, you know what.
Speaker 1: Don't have no color to it either, because it's all about the feeling.
Speaker 5: It's been some motherfuckers that I have relationships with in hip hop that got most sold than the average niggas you could expect, and they scared. Ain't nowhere near dark as Mar right. So I just feel like you right about that as far as it should be some sort of membership or some sort.
Speaker 2: Of because this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to cut you off because people get that they want to kill me when I cut my guests off. But what I'm saying is sometimes it's like a thig of like let's just say Nate Dogg, God bless his soul. Say if Nate Dogg was still alive and then something happened in Nake dog we should be it should be a union that's already established or ready to take care of.
Speaker 2: Him its own set. That's that's what we've been speaking about. What you think about that.
Speaker 5: I love that idea and I love the fact that we even could speak on that because we got the platform and we're.
Speaker 2: Not speaking like if we were broke niggas, this conversation would be.
Speaker 1: Fucked up because it was sounding like.
Speaker 2: Niggas ain't broke. He we okay, that's us being okay.
Speaker 5: Actually what we are with a voice for those who can't speak exactly, you know what I'm saying, trying to provide something for those who don't have or may not have the opportunity to conde continue to be successful. So it's told be since they paved a way for them for their hard work and dedication. We just like the NFL, the NBA, all of that, we just don't have a don't we don't have a commissioner or anybody to answer to. And that's one thing that I don't think we need because that's the only thing that I see fucked up about the NBA and the NFL, that they got some motherfucking answer to that ain't inhuman you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it should be, you know, on.
Speaker 5: The level of playing field of where we all agree to disagree and we we know we commission ourselves and we boss ourselves.
Speaker 1: I don't like answering to nobody.
Speaker 5: I got a problem with that, especially if you don't know more than me, if you ain't position better than me, I really got a problem with answering to you.
Speaker 2: But if hip hop unionized, we would be a voting block.
Speaker 1: I get that part.
Speaker 5: But it's gonna have to be somebody, yep, that's in control. And Russell Simmons is a great guy, but it ain't here right.
Speaker 2: But Prodigy had he he didn't like the idea of that.
Speaker 3: What was his Do you remember his argument for the whole Prodigy No, I'm sorry having I keep saying Prodigy Havoc. Havoc didn't like the idea of that of us unionizing or no, that's because.
Speaker 2: He's retarding the thing about it is this. Listen, listen, you should have an argument though he has this. This is what we all need to listen, This is what we all need to do. We all need to have each other's back.
Speaker 4: Yes, because at the end of the day, Snoop, listen, my grandmother no Stoop is Wow. I have two grandmothers who know SLOOPI is and they both dead, but they still know who Stupid is. Fat makes an.
Speaker 1: Grandmother grandma.
Speaker 4: They both knew who Stow was. That's a fact, that right. So what I'm saying is all right. But maybe both of my grandmothers I know who Coolio is. Maybe both of my grandmothers know who mc hamm is.
Speaker 2: May guess what.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 4: Don't want anything at those brothers, but I know Snooper is okay. My other grandmothers don't know if Hammer Coolio is okay. Shouldn't there be something that says when they're not okay, we need to come in and we say, Slim, you sold thirty million records, you put your fucking money in the g string.
Speaker 2: You fucked up, but we got you, and not only them, but people like you know who's the.
Speaker 4: Real rhyme niggas you know, you know exhibits for l A and the motherfucker there's true life from New York and ship.
Speaker 2: If she ain't never work out, it should be a program to take care of You're.
Speaker 5: Right now, you tell me, no, no, you you got the right here my mind. It's just a matter of who can actually execute that.
Speaker 2: Great organization can help me?
Speaker 1: That plan is.
Speaker 5: Excellent, that's an awesome plan, but who can actually make that plan come to life? It really see to it. Niggas like you and they got to see to it that it can on you.
Speaker 1: It gotta go.
Speaker 2: Because throw on you too much. It was too much.
Speaker 1: That's a lot man, my shoulders.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I can carry, but listen, bring it to the meet. But that's what I'm saying. In a hip hop councole. As long as somebody, as long as we try to bear something together, because at the end of the day, we gotta keep working. If you're not working, then you shouldn't be involved. And we don't want to take care of the people who's lazy. H We want to take care of the people who dedicated their life fifteen ten years and they still got a struggle to pay their rent.
Speaker 2: Them dudes should be taken. But that's why I think take their pictures because every day.
Speaker 8: Anybody does an actor, you could be a b roll, you could be a but hip hop we need to say.
Speaker 2: That's why I think SAG is a perfect model for what could happen in hip hop.
Speaker 1: Right, somebody just got to put that thing down. Man.
Speaker 5: You know it's a great idea. But you know one thing, one thing about niggas, man, we don't believe it.
Speaker 1: We believe it.
Speaker 2: Right, So what's the next thing for Snoop Dogg? Right now? Right now?
Speaker 4: We know you had every look at in the universe. You had every slipper in the universe. I bought like nineteen thousand dollars worth for slippers and.
Speaker 2: He started the slipper gas. Let's just get's been quite honest here. So what's next for Snoop Dogg? Right now? And let me get let me get let me get your rope over that, let me get that he's a rock. Whi's one of these I was gonna get that. I'll take this one.
Speaker 5: This nigga roach is my whole blunt just for the record, Yeah, yeah, what's the next for Snoop dog.
Speaker 1: Uh oh oh yeah, I got an artist named October London.
Speaker 2: You forgot this nigga name. Let's make some noise for his name.
Speaker 1: What's he from?
Speaker 5: This nigga from Indiana. This nigga's a rebirth of Morning. I heard you on the Moles spoke about him. You don't forget this.
Speaker 2: This nigga, this special man. This nigga is special.
Speaker 5: So he got a song called black Man in America that we're about there dropping about two days. Yeah, okay, so heavy act. He got a mini movie. I just shot on him. Just trying to do my thing. Me and Jazzy Faith, we do it all together. It's called cat like music. Jazz Faith brought him to me. It's collaboration with me and Jazzy God.
Speaker 2: Damn man, Snoop Snoop is doing so much. Listen, man, we're gonna do a movie together.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we need to. I told you that.
Speaker 5: I told you you hell ak you ship. I love your acci. Every time I see you on Scream, I'm like, this is a bad motherfucker. He don't even know you're bad mother fucker.
Speaker 1: You know you don't know?
Speaker 2: Do you know? In New York? That rack is like the ultimate crypt drake. Do you know that? Yeah, well, I mean yeah, look it's and it's a blue dot. I don't know if you know that. I ain't. I ain't gonna. I think you used to take a sip New York, just just just because the best look, I call Puffy.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to call Puffy and see if he got a few dollars.
Speaker 2: You know that you didn't know that story. No, I didn't know that your Corroc came in here and he would out over there. Right, let's make about came in here.
Speaker 1: You will be drinking.
Speaker 2: I don't drink corrupt, he loves, but you did drink a couple of drinks for you. He took, He did drink, he drank. He took five shots on my line. He took four shots.
Speaker 1: Four shots and he's ever taken whatever did four shots?
Speaker 2: Fifty fifty and we don't drink at all. We got fifty four shots the five.
Speaker 5: See one thing about you smoke five. You won't make a nigga break the law, but you're making a nigga bend a long ye.
Speaker 2: We gotta put that in the commercial. Let me just let me live.
Speaker 4: I'm listening in front of everybody. Let me just say something, man. From the beginning of my career, I never knew you guys. You guys did the New York, New York thing. I didn't know if y'all was this us or not, but I just felt like it was an opportunity. So I went out there. I did it, and for the first day I ever met you, I regretted what I did, but I knew you understand what I did.
Speaker 5: Understand y'all respected your I always shouted out the niggas that was hard to meet.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 5: You was always one of the niggas because you didn't give a fuck. You did what I would have did. Nigga, you just wanted You took it the wrong way, nigga, like you was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Nigga.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I took it the wrong way. Nigga. I thought you were saying, we'll get.
Speaker 5: You the explanation, and I get that to say the same thing as the bone, because it's just a gangster ship.
Speaker 1: Because we respect that.
Speaker 2: Ship, could always have, always will and to this day we still because people trying to call us old niggas. That's why we don't interview new niggas, right We just want to call us old niggas, right, But that's okay. Y'all got your own market.
Speaker 4: We all knew who going to interview elliotts The niggas is boring as far we have no trains on this episode of Trades. We came to see Snoop and you know what, Listen, we don't have no trains overhead. God damn, it makes no noise, no trade.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: We did what we gotta do, Snoop. Is no way we could ever repay you. We've sat here, do all the questions we keep you. I think I feel like e Fn, e FN got one more question. He's just looking at me like, don't you did ended?
Speaker 2: He tried.
Speaker 1: With the smoking, trying to duck and down.
Speaker 2: Smoking every day. He gave you a thank you, But I want to say, like to me, this is a milestone. That's what's God.
Speaker 3: And I represent the DJ here. You know, we're we're the people that are not seeing behind the scenes and.
Speaker 1: The culture unseeen but well heard.
Speaker 2: But we're here. We're here, and I wrapped all the DJ shout out to all the motherfucking DJs out here and your projects was always a pleasure for all of the DJs, the samples, you picked, the artists you worked with, everything across the board. I told you the remixes, everything up. There was the one joint of was it the Red Eye remix of? Was it g Thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Damn, you got heat. I got the record and you had to play it on a forty five speed.
Speaker 1: You got heat. I got one more question, you got het.
Speaker 2: I got one more question. Let me take you finish. I'm just saying, on behalf of the DJ, thank you, Snoop, on behalf of the DJ.
Speaker 5: Thank y'all for playing my ship, for giving me a shot, for putting me in rotation, for fucking with me, for spreading it, for passing it on to the next DJ, for mixing it, putting into the mixed shows, playing me in the strip, clubs, on the radio station, all of the books.
Speaker 1: Man, I love the DJs, you understand me. I respect the DJ. The MC ain't nothing without him.
Speaker 2: So still Dre Day, which is one of my favorite records. Not not of this. I'm not I'm gonna take another one of your roaches. As you should look at this, Nigga rokes. It is a whole block.
Speaker 1: It's a wholesome.
Speaker 2: This nigga. This nigga Dreda was also the Lucas right, no, no, no, yeah, still Dre.
Speaker 5: About you're talking about Still Drew, Still Dre Day who was the one on the Chronic Eye.
Speaker 1: Steal. Dre was on two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, over he was going bananas and the records. We want to go there first? You want to go I just did not.
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 5: But it was such a hot no, no, let me tell you about that would look right. So I'm jumping in this when I'm a young nigga. So at this time, Luke said something about Dre. Ten Dog said SOMETHINGO Dre. There's a bunch of niggas that was talking about Dre because some shit he had went through. So I was just a young goon. I was like, funk all them niggas.
Speaker 1: I jumped in. It was dissing them niggas.
Speaker 5: And in the event of dissing these niggas, I didn't realize who was real and who was faking the wipe industry. We ran up on Luka and them and seeing them at a convention and found out.
Speaker 1: How real was.
Speaker 5: Immediately J shout out to Uncle immediately, do you remember long? So I hadn't been outside us, so I didn't know that they made state.
Speaker 2: Do you remember the record? They made a record? It was Cowards and Day the record.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying, But let me tell you about after that though, So we go to it. Now we come back to Miami. Right this time, I'm just Snoop Dogg and a dog. Now, no security. I just got the homies with me. So Luke sent a car to get me this how gangst you this nigga is he sent a car to give me limo bring me to the club. All kind of bitches laying out for a nigga like nigga, I love you, nigga, ain't nothing move you, wool boom, go.
Speaker 1: Back to l A. He come to my house, we make a record.
Speaker 5: We forged a relationship with this nigga, Luke to where it's like this one of the realist niggas we ever met. So I had to learn to not disrespect niggas that I didn't know so quick without knowing who the fuck I'm talking about, see, because that rapt sure to get you fucked up if you don't know who you're talking about. And see a lot of niggas don't know that they quickly be like this bitch ass nigga. Fuck that nigga.
Speaker 1: You better check that nigga resume and see what you're about.
Speaker 2: For d you better really see what he and Detroit and it's not gonna happen. Knock.
Speaker 1: You gotta know who you're talking about.
Speaker 5: And it was just a blessing that Luke was a was a genuine grown ass man, and he was able to see past the ignorance that we.
Speaker 1: Had the game us. We became friends.
Speaker 5: We fucked when he played football against Hi because he coached about you.
Speaker 1: So it was it was come on, man said, it's my nigga. Man, I love uncle Loki.
Speaker 4: So this is the last question, Snoop, because you did everything we asked us to do. But listen, Snoop, I've never seen listen. I'm on my seventh life, you on your twenty seventh life, which wens. I've seen you transition, seen people count you out, seen people do that, see people do that to me for like seventeen times.
Speaker 2: You're on twenty seven. I'm following you. How do you continue stay here and say this is what the fuck I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I made myself a boss. But and I'm just gonna tell you the truth.
Speaker 5: It's like when I first started making money, Jimmy Ivan came to me and he told me, say, buy a studio. And when I bought a studio, I was able to create. It was like buying a sack, and instead of buying a sack, I bought a a factory where I was the sack. Right, you get what I'm saying. So you have to whatever you love, you gotta be able to surround yourself with it. And when I surrounded myself with what I love, the spirit of what I love keeps me doing with what I love. So it's never why am I doing it? Do I ever wanna stop doing it? This is all I know how to do. So i'm'a keep doing it, and i'm'a do it to the point to where it feels good to me. And it's never all this old nigga need to sit down somewhere.
Speaker 2: Mm.
Speaker 5: It's like Uncle Snoop when you come up with some more shit. You know, the transition is from young mc bg og uncle Snoop. That's a beautiful transition for me.
Speaker 2: God damn, it makes your snoop.
Speaker 4: There's no other way I could say anything else, but thank you, thank you for sitting down with us.
Speaker 2: And you're gonna keep he gonna keep smoking, We're gonna keep talking. Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's motivation.
Speaker 2: So listen to I was trying to hold it goodbye by This is called CBE. I don't believe. But listen. How much pussy did you get there? Doggy style. Let's just keep it real.
Speaker 4: Even if you ain't fuck the pussy, you just got the pussy and you send it off to the other people.
Speaker 2: Come on, sup, talk about that pussy got.
Speaker 1: That doggy still?
Speaker 2: You know what the pussy that came you know what pussy? God damn it. Come on, sloop, those those dogs discussed that.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say, you know what, when it came the most, and you probably gonna you ain't gonna believe me, but I'm gonna tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: It came the most.
Speaker 5: One too, probably got on there for a record because I had another nigga that was a player just like me, that knew how to play.
Speaker 2: Because you was knocking these other niggas bitches exactly. This even this niggah.
Speaker 1: Pocket, this nigga knock one of my main bitches.
Speaker 2: Man. Talk about so you had your main bitch. She wasn't.
Speaker 5: My main bitch was a little bit she was. She's a movie star, bitch, Ryan, she's the movie star bitch. We won't say her name because we're gonna protect the inn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do so that protected.
Speaker 1: She's a movie star bitch. Ry. Pocket is on the throw out.
Speaker 5: So the bitches in the hoop lock because everybody wants to meet my nigga. You understand me, and you know I ain't no motherfucking hater. I don't know how to block. I get out the way. So the bitch, like you understand me, I would love to meet to Pocket if.
Speaker 1: That's all right with you. I'm like, bitch is gonna always be alright?
Speaker 2: Now what state were in? We was in l A. Okay, continue listen where all the stars is at all the stars.
Speaker 1: So now one night I'm in the club and uh, the bitch is there, and pot see the bitch. He's like, man, I want to meet that bitch.
Speaker 2: Man. I say, hey, man, that's exactly how he described the bitch.
Speaker 1: That's my bitch.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I'll kind of introduce you to her. I walks over to him right and say, bitch, this is a Tupac. Tupac meet the bitch, so you know, he meets the bitch. You know, I walks off because you know, it ain't my job to stand there and see if they're gonna talk and they kids or whatnot, take a picture. I walks off like a real player. I guess they exchange numbers. I don't know, so you understand me. A few weeks later, I'm trying to, you know, slide by and go see her because you know, she's a side piece to me. So I'm trying to go see her on the late night like I normally do.
Speaker 1: You don't leave that back.
Speaker 5: Door open, and I'm like, what's in it? I'm finished slide through. You know what I'm saying, leave that back this all open, and the bitch hit me with I don't think park would like that.
Speaker 6: This girl was Madonna for the record, right for the record, this girl we talked about for That's what the bitch said, Madonna.
Speaker 1: No, that wasn't Hey, that wasn't Madonna. That look the nigga na.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: You don't think I'm making this ship up.
Speaker 5: I'm doing Saturday Night Live in New York, niggas documented nigga. When I had that Tommy Hill figure shirt on the red, white and blue, and blew the motherfucker up. The shirt sold like a motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So the nigga part, come and see me here in New York. He bring me some weed and he comes backstage with the bitch.
Speaker 2: Madonna's Madonna with Madonna for real, for real, about to feel like Madonna. Man, he brought the bitch to Saturday night.
Speaker 5: He was knocking the bitch man because he brought me some mud man and he had the bitch on his own, man, and he wasn't even.
Speaker 2: Like flossing the bitch.
Speaker 1: He had a right here this way, Tupac and Big Daddy came the other way around. Tupac had Madonna.
Speaker 17: Manud, this is this is this is the park, yo, cat you a hawk in advance.
Speaker 15: Come on, this is park God ship you from for he got a cousins, all of them. Yeah, he said a sour though, come on deep in my family. Yeah, thank you, thank you, thank you, yo. Goddamn your snoop.
Speaker 2: That was heavy, right, you gave what's crazy to them last two right there? That was crazy. I couldn't believe you were gonna do that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm serious, man, that's how the ship went, damn manute.
Speaker 5: And one thing about me and my player game when it comes to me and the women, when I was out there, like I was really fashionably suit for the game, man, Like once upon a time I walked the red carpet man with two bitches on the leash.
Speaker 2: Man, this is documented, man.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I got the Favorite Player Award card with your ship gold.
Speaker 5: But did you hear what I said, man, the red carpet man with two bitches on the leash, And they didn't say one fucking word.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about. This ship is documented, man.
Speaker 5: Somebody, somebody pull up that that picture, that footage of Snoop with two bitches on the leash to money, Please pull me.
Speaker 2: Do we have any you have to mind our manners? We have no matters. Do you have any Prince or Michael Jackson's stories? Yeah? You and I know you got print stories. You see, you've seen, you've seen.
Speaker 1: I mean not, they ain't really worth telling, man. They I had a different kind of you.
Speaker 5: Know, relationship with those two two guys by because it was more about the mutual respect that I had for them as musicians to where I kind of like it when if I was around them, niggas, I would like put my weed up and you know, have that kind of.
Speaker 2: Respect for him. Niggas never put his weed up for them.
Speaker 1: They were like for them, niggas, let's describe that situation.
Speaker 5: Would you have more respect for if you had to pick it wasn't like it was more this is this is why I have respect.
Speaker 1: I have respect for this motherfucking pimp and.
Speaker 2: Get at it. Get a little.
Speaker 5: You see that two bitches on the leash and they didn't say a motherfucking we walke the red carpet. It was like, so up, what is your mom going to say? I said, the bitches ain't gonna say nothing. I said, you're not sunnna to start asking. But look at what they look like though they Is there some bad bitches or is there some trash holds?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You know, put it back up, man.
Speaker 1: This one of a nigga was a young goon.
Speaker 2: Man. I was a young.
Speaker 5: Let me look at myself real quick, man. Wasn't nobody doing these bitches didn't even have brawls on man. I think that was then empty V awards or something. And they couldn't believe how nigga went up in there, man. I fell up in that motherfucker like that that night with a leash man. And then when I sat down, guess what, I made the bitches stand up with the leash on while I'm sitting down.
Speaker 1: Reverse dog. You know, normally you make the dog sit down, bitch stand up.
Speaker 5: The dog gonna sit down and the bitch gonna stand up.
Speaker 2: That's called reverse dog. We heard a reverse piment. I made a reverse We've never heard a reverse dog. Dot's make some noise your reverse door.
Speaker 5: When you take two bitches on the leash, you walk them down the red carpet and when you get to your seat, you sit down and you making bitches stand up.
Speaker 2: In the app we're putting it on TMG. You have the first twin. You know who the twin is. He's a nigga. He drinks fake activists to change on him, I can't afford to change le Yeah, because he drinks. You take lean for real. Don't talk to him to leave alone. Listen, listen, give me some fuck with snoop class.
Speaker 5: Your bloodsuckingham gonna be something bowing me your carding autum for us.
Speaker 4: The little he's gonna be something you drink factivists tell him it's called caracol people cara cool.
Speaker 1: What do ain't make you feel like? I never drunk that ship?
Speaker 2: I'm so snoop.
Speaker 1: Would it make you feel like.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like like you smoked like a thousand fucking blunts, like when it's the end of the day. You know what I'm saying, You smooke man blunts. You're already like.
Speaker 1: At that time episodes you do you want to have sex when you.
Speaker 2: Lean, man, you just want to get hanged.
Speaker 1: That just has Yeah, you don't want to move your head.
Speaker 2: You want to be you want to be like this.
Speaker 1: But that's not something that's not about I guess when we were young, we just was in the here too.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen now, can I talk to you? Yes, I want to end it because I loved it. We just took it. These young brothers they drinking lean, they can't even fuck they they bit I'm thirty eight years old, snooke. So you're saying that the one you want to keep that holy young niggas. I'll be coming out. I hang out with them, and they bitches come and say, slime. You still are.
Speaker 1: This long dig daddy, Big big dangler, the whole stranger.
Speaker 2: But I don't. I don't because I'm married. I feel what I'm trying to say is, is the new generation too much hooked on drugs.
Speaker 5: I think the new generation, the new generation is doing what every generation before them has been. They we've just been just repeating itself. It's just a matter of they have to understand that, don't let the drug. Do you you understand understanding that? Well, you can't be in control.
Speaker 1: No more.
Speaker 5: One thing about my era. When I became a rapper, I was an ex cocaine dealer. So my mission was to get rid of cocaine and to bring weed to the forefront. So my mission has been accomplished because now weed is legalizing the whole globe and it's coming slowly but surely to a hood near you.
Speaker 2: So that yeah, you said, was it? Was? It? Powder? Was a crack?
Speaker 1: I sold crank.
Speaker 2: Okay, I sold that, hula. You want something?
Speaker 1: I sold that.
Speaker 2: The crack ruler trying to lose way hula. Yes, I'm sorry, trick daddy friend. They smoke crack over we smoked.
Speaker 5: Don't they call that a primo? When they put that inside of a joint, they put a break on a little bit.
Speaker 2: And you hear about how Miami niggas. Miami niggas get. They keep it brea, they.
Speaker 1: Do their thing.
Speaker 5: They smoked that dam and they that gagsous a motherfucker there.
Speaker 2: I respect.
Speaker 5: I respected three or five and the real motherfucking way they different. No, I respect the.
Speaker 2: Niggas late that because he's been coming out here in twenty years.
Speaker 1: I fox with him.
Speaker 2: We just saw our dazz lives out here, Miami lace. Listen, that's that nigga cousin.
Speaker 4: They fucked our head up when he said that don't know the niggas his first cousin into blood.
Speaker 2: That's this blood. Yeah, but dad, I said that, I sat down.
Speaker 4: These niggas been out here so snooping ever as long as I've been out here and you're my relative. Niggas got damn makes a noise met then.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 4: So you know I can't take you enough shitting down with us smoking. I'm not gonna lie. I want to smoke. You got another road or blood?
Speaker 2: Can't give me? Just fifty ship right here, f vodka that's evak can we we got this ship and we got puppy ship. Listen, from the table.
Speaker 1: Check slip, look so right, so puppy, they ain't supposed to be this close to.
Speaker 2: Don't about got which one which one?
Speaker 1: Bust the nigga over the heads, but one of them because check.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, listen. A lot a lot of people can do what we just did right now. We sat down and talked to the boss of another coast. We chopped it up. We had fun and we laughed, we smoked, we drinked, We did all that. A lot of y'all people, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is it? What is fucking leave that ship off my ship? A lot of y'all can't do that. We just did it with Smooth Dog.
Speaker 5: He's smoking on some real Cali too, and that ship in his hand right there. That's that do it fluid unless.
Speaker 2: I don't even know why.
Speaker 1: I'm yeah, that's that electric for everybody. Yeah, kool aid.
Speaker 12: Man, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like that feedback.
Speaker 3: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers N O. R.
Speaker 2: E and d J. E. F f N. Listen to Drink.
Speaker 3: Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, d j e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms at the Real nor Reagon, I g at Noriaga on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink Champs dot com MHM.