Speaker 1: This Meat Eater Podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins. I'm your host, Spencer new Arth and today we're joined by Steve Yanni, Brody Randall, Reva, Marge and Seth. This is a ten round quiz show with questions for meat eaters four verticals which are hunting, fishing, conservation and cooking, and there is a prize. Meat Eater will donate five hundred dollars to the conservation organization of the winners. Choosing and for the start of the week. This week we're looking at player performance in the hunting category. In the history of all Meat Eater hunting questions, the player average is forty seven percent. Now, I think we have our top four, no, our top five performers for the hunting category. You're in this room best four hunters in the world.
Speaker 1: Are you running out of things because I feel like you did this before?
Speaker 2: Well, we've done it, but like in a year, stats change, right, so we're looking at it again.
Speaker 1: I want to hear a couple stats about Ole Reeve over there. You ever played before, I've played twice. Did you win?
Speaker 2: Riva, who do you think is the best in the hunting category. In this room, these are our five best players. Which one of them is the best though, at the top of the leaderboard, I'm gonna guess Brody. At the top of the leaderboard is Brody, who gets seventy three percent of hunting questions correct. That's followed by Randall with sixty four percent, Yanni with sixty one percent, Steve with fifty seven percent, Seth with fifty five percent, Mark with fifty three percent, col with fifty one percent, and Clay with fifty percent. Brody besting Randall by nine percent is the biggest gap between the first and second best performers in any.
Speaker 3: Vertical where I shine in the hunting categories out in the field.
Speaker 2: Okay, I go, I can't uh, I can't give you a stet on that Seth success success. But in trivia between first and second Brody and Randall have I have a hard time with all that because you think that this, I feel like when.
Speaker 1: I come down here, I win.
Speaker 4: So it's like, how when you get these stats, I feel like it could always be the I'm like the highest h of all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, in this case, I think your fifth highest.
Speaker 4: Now here's our everybody's ass. Here's our in free We had a We had a guy as a guest one time comes down here. He thought I'd never lost.
Speaker 1: Just means he doesn't choose if anyone ever beat Steve?
Speaker 2: Do you never this?
Speaker 1: You should put that in like a highlight reel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, just before the mic.
Speaker 5: That just shows that he doesn't.
Speaker 6: Maybe feel.
Speaker 7: Listen to two episodes Steve, if you've seen them, did you Brody is twenty five percent better than me.
Speaker 1: It's like it's just not born out by reality.
Speaker 2: In one category, one category category, did you see the plaque has been updated? You are now officially the champion for twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: The whole year.
Speaker 2: As a stat you are the whole year the champion.
Speaker 5: You got lucky in one game year.
Speaker 2: Don't think that was like it's.
Speaker 1: Like I don't care, I don't know, I don't trust who's running these stuff.
Speaker 2: I love it. Now. Here's our Infrequently Asked Question segment. If you have a trivia related question for our crew, send it to Trivia at the mediat dot com with the subject line, I f a you. Ryan Blaine wants to know what are the top five states that have been represented as answers to trivia questions. Justin Skinner has a similar question. He says, I'd like to know how many times Tennessee is mentioned during trivia. It may just be because I live here, but it seems like it's mentioned more than others. I went to the board game and I pulled out the ten states that are referenced most broke them down into two tiers. Uh one, Tier one gets mentioned significantly more than Tier two, and Tier two gets mentioned significantly more than the other forty states. So do you guys have any guesses about the top ten states?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna trust Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Tennessee is not one of them. Louisiana is not one of them. Pennsylvania is not one of them. You had to hit on. Michigan is in tier two. They've been mentioned more than nineteen California. California is Tier one, Missourida Missouri Tier two, Florida tier one. What other guesses you?
Speaker 5: The tiers are just New Mexico Tier.
Speaker 2: One to be fourteen times or more mentioned in the board game. Tier two is nine times.
Speaker 5: Colorado.
Speaker 2: I think that's probably that is not one of Rhode Island. No Rhode Island, I don't know if Rhode Island has ever been mentioned in this game. Hawaii, Hawaii, you're missing a couple obvious ones. Alaska, at least Alaska, I think it's the most mentioned. Alaska, Texas, Florida, California, and Minnesota. That would be your Tier one. Tier two is New York, Michigan, Alabama, Wisconsin, Missouri. So those are your ten states that have been mentioned the most in the history of Meat Eater Trivia. Now, for today's housekeeping portion, we have a special announce it's been about this episode and a few upcoming episodes. Today's show is brought to you by Athletic Brewing, and when Athletic Brewing came to us about sponsoring trivia, they said they also wanted to support our conservation efforts, and we have some asmr. That segment was brought to you by Steve Ranella, not Athletic Brewing slurping the beer.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: For today's game, Athletic Brewing is going to match our five hundred dollars conservation organization donation. That means the winner we'll get to make a one thousand dollars donation instead of a five hundred dollars donation. Also, Athletic Brewing is going to sponsor a moneyball question this week. There will be one money ball question this round and for every player who gets the right answer, Athletic Brewing is going to make another one hundred dollars donation to Conservation. Thanks to Athletic Brewing, today's episode, we'll have one of our biggest donations ever. Talk yeah, let me let me set the table. You know how sometimes you hear about a band who's like before they blow up, someone's like, Oh, this band's really good and they're really cool. I feel like Steve has been on the athletic bandwagon. Well, or you with Athletic Brewing. You were the first person that I've ever saw drink and Athletic Beer.
Speaker 4: Listen because I quit drinking. I don't drink now. I don't drink at all anymore. I haven't been drunk for seven years.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, I.
Speaker 4: Was going to dispute that, but yourself, No, it's it's been a bunch of years since I got drunk. I'll tell you where I was sitting last time I got drunk. I was with probably Yanni. I was with Kent and Kruth. I drank six seven vodka sodas. Was hungover for forty eight hours because I had already mostly quit drinking.
Speaker 5: This was in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now I don't drink at all, not a lick ever. Okay, ever, and if I get fidgety at night, now it's hard to relax.
Speaker 1: There's there's no end to the day. Okay, the day does without alcohol. Your day never ends. Okay, so listen to me, because listen here.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Except then I realized it's this, it's you need that.
Speaker 1: It's like your body. It's not that your body's reacting. This is in my thing.
Speaker 4: It's not that my body's reacting necessarily to alcohol. It's just the ritual, the ritual of it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I started drinking like I like the athletic beer, the athletic NA because it's just like it's like no different. I could go to any big time beer drinker and and if they were drinking that, they would not know.
Speaker 1: They would not be like that's a NA. They wouldn't know. I'm telling you, dude.
Speaker 2: And now you can sleep at night.
Speaker 4: And so they make a chilada because I either way, I have to keep it like traditionally, I have to keep a bottle of Bloody Marry mix because I like it to have a little burn because I used to like cocktails a lot, and I iced to like Bloody Mary's a lot. Okay, just poor big Stiffy loved it and I miss that now. So I like to take beer and mix it with spicy bloody Marry mix because again, it gives.
Speaker 1: You that that burn.
Speaker 4: Taste feeling of having a cocktail, which makes you not think about having a cocktail.
Speaker 1: And they make it, they make it pre mixed a chilada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steve's, Steve's, I'm a big Listen.
Speaker 1: These are good.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's organic enthusiasm. Steve has. I had a Christmas party a few years ago. I said, I've got beer, wine, cocktails, and if that's not good enough, you bring something else. Steve and his wife showed up with a case of athletic beers and that was what they drank. And when they left, they left them there and other people finish him. They were a hit of the party. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't even get into the missus.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, go ahead, she drank them too. Yeah. Now, if you want to take athletic brewing with you on your next outdoor adventure, then go to Athletic Brewing dot com and use code meat eater for fifteen percent off your first order. That's Athletic Brewing dot Com and promo code meat eater.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm talking on the non alcoholic light copper right now. They make an I p A, not an IPA guy.
Speaker 5: The light copper is their Mexican.
Speaker 1: Beer, Servesa Atletico.
Speaker 8: What's nice about this, because it's not beer, is that you can't order it right from them, and they just ship it right to you, which is something that you can't do with real alcohol.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you don't feel guilty about having one at noon on a Tuesday in the office.
Speaker 5: I do feel guilty about doing that with a regular beer you.
Speaker 1: Can I love. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, the shelbying exp for today's round is a five, so I'm putting us on perfect game alert and with that, we're onto the round of trivia. Play the drop, Phil, Look, I need to know what I stand to win everything? How's that?
Speaker 1: Just tend to win everything?
Speaker 5: Demon Suckers?
Speaker 2: Question one. The topic is conservation in this will be multiple choice. According to a nineteen ninety three study, which of these animals is most frequently killed by vehicles in America. Is it raccoons, squirrels, deer, or cats? According to a nineteen ninety three study, which of these animals is most frequently killed by vehicles in America? Raccoons, squirrels, deer or cats? This is question one. Nobody looks confident. We had a lot of barn cats when I was a kid. I used to scrape a lot of those things off the road in front of the house. Okay, And what did you do with them then? I can't remember? Probably just threw them in the track?
Speaker 1: Dude, I got some cat stories and curl your hair? Man, I'm not with no way to tell you. Seth knows them.
Speaker 2: Okay, similar little little teas from Steve.
Speaker 8: That'll been a forthcoming audio book project.
Speaker 2: Huh, raccoons squirrels?
Speaker 1: Does that book called cat Stories to curl your hair?
Speaker 2: Which of those animals is most frequently killed by vehicles in America? Is everybody ready? No?
Speaker 1: See that's an auspicious, auspicious year.
Speaker 2: You explain?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Okay? Is there something real about auspicious? Nineteen ninety three? What's okay? A year after I was born.
Speaker 7: Jurassic Park was released?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Dinosaur?
Speaker 7: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Maybe the Minnesota Twins won the World Series that year. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Oh man?
Speaker 1: That was my first year full time trapping.
Speaker 2: Keep talking raccoons, squirrels, deer or cats? Can you think about what you were seeing on the road dead a lot that year?
Speaker 5: I was two years old. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Brody, are we ready?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I had just finished off at.
Speaker 2: Maggie.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying deer, Marge saying raccoons, Reva saying deer, Randall saying cats, Brody saying raccoons, crossed out squirrels, Steve saying coons. Yohanny's saying cats. The correct answer it squirrels. Nobody got it right. You got it right.
Speaker 1: Good thing.
Speaker 7: That's not the money ball.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: If I'd have heard you say squirrels, I would have wrote that down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, raccoons, squirrels, deer, cats. According to that study, there are forty wall.
Speaker 5: You hear the question.
Speaker 2: According to that study, there are forty one million squirrels killed by vehicles in America each year. That's followed by twenty six million cats, twenty two million rats, nineteen million possums, fifteen million raccoons, six million dogs and three hundred and fifty thousand deer. The study estimated that about two hundred million birds are killed by vehicles as well.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would have absolutely written down squirrels if I'd caught that.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the hunter harvest of squirrels is.
Speaker 5: Can't be?
Speaker 2: Can't be forty one forty one million.
Speaker 7: When I was in high school, I hit a raccoon on my way to take the SATs, and I got out and put it in the back of the truck. And then when I was leaving the test, I saw people looking in the back of my truck at a freshly killed raccoon.
Speaker 4: Well, I can tell you the most harvested game animal in America is the morning dove. And I think that comes in at ten million. Hmmm, so squirrels aren't Maybe squirrels are number two.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Question two. The topic is fishing. Dictionary dot com defines this six letter word as quote a very large game fish, especially a bass. Dictionary dot Com defines this six letter word as quote a very large game fish, especially a bass. Brody is confident he's now sipping his beer rubbing in. Okay, Randall and Steve also look confident the rest of the players have not joined them yet, coming up with an answer as Mr from Steve.
Speaker 1: Somehow my kids know about that.
Speaker 2: Well, ASMR, I find it more unusual that you know about that. Dictionary dot com defines this six letter word as a very large game fish, especially a bass Yanni, it took you a minute to come up with an answer. Do you have this one right?
Speaker 5: Confus? He used about what kind of confused about the question?
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 2: Okay, he's got it.
Speaker 5: Steve thinks I have.
Speaker 2: Steven here comment? How about you said.
Speaker 7: No, it's not hog with four g's.
Speaker 3: Brody's got it very large.
Speaker 5: Hyphenated big dog.
Speaker 2: Randall, Brody, Steve and Yanni think they have it.
Speaker 1: We got well, I don't know Randall's got Let me see you got I got it?
Speaker 2: Reave of Marge, How are we doing?
Speaker 5: Dang? Why can't I think of this?
Speaker 2: Seth mess not catch any very large game?
Speaker 1: No, he never needs to search his mind for like a word for that.
Speaker 2: He's a dedicated bass Masters uh fan though he.
Speaker 7: Can find him out in the field, but not in the studio.
Speaker 5: Bast Master classic hat right now?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: From this year?
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready?
Speaker 7: What were they catching.
Speaker 1: I think of it more as a wall ie man.
Speaker 8: Well, sim's fishing is into bass masters now mm hmm, Grand Lake of the Cheers.
Speaker 2: Zeth, do you give up?
Speaker 5: Man? I do, but.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. Seth without an answer, March saying lunker, Leava saying Trophy, Randall, Brody, Steve and Yanni saying Lunker. They got it. The correct answer is blunker. That's l u n k e R.
Speaker 1: I don't use that one much.
Speaker 2: Synonyms for Lunker include Whopper, Whale, Giant, and monster. Dictionary dot com Chungus dictionary slab. Good boys should talk to dictionary dot com and I fill them in with some more synonyms. Dictionary dot Com made it their word of the Day on March eighteen, twenty twenty. They said it's an americanism that entered the English language in the early nineteen hundred's. The toy company Mattel brought the word to a national audience when they created the Lunker bass Fishing handheld video game in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: There was a product Lunker lotion.
Speaker 2: Not for Seth, Nope.
Speaker 3: Question three, there's a there's a bass fishing YouTube channel. I think it's called lunker TV or something.
Speaker 2: I think everything bass related has used the word lunker at some point. Seth Question three, The topic is outdoors. Name one of the two musicians who purchased Field and Stream in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's easy.
Speaker 2: Seth declared this an easy one. Steve Randall, Brody, you're confident, Yanni, it's not picked up as well. Name one of the two musicians who purchased Field and Stream in twenty twenty four. If you had to come up with both, Steve, could you do it?
Speaker 1: You want me to?
Speaker 2: No? No, let's not do that.
Speaker 5: Can we do two?
Speaker 2: For extra credits? Just one? Now we're using brand new white boards today. Our old ones are in the auction house of Oddities. Oh when you're hearing this, I don't think it'll be too late. There should be a few days left. The whiteboards with a signed board game that was signed by Brody, Steve, Yanni and Me is up to thirty five hundred dollars in our auction house of Aditi. So if you want our old ones that are covered in graffiti, head over to our website check them out there. We're now using new boards. Steve has been the first one to put any graffiti on them.
Speaker 1: What do you got there, Steve, Well, same thing I always read on my board.
Speaker 2: It says suck it Brody Badge of Honor.
Speaker 8: If it was Luke Colmbs, I would have heard about it. But it's gotta be the same genre.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 5: Look at these guys.
Speaker 1: You don't think Ozzy Osbourne bought.
Speaker 3: It, you know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why maybe with the nuge. Okay, Marge, Riva, you guys know this one. No, okay, I remember seeing the articles that happened in twenty twenty one. Savage, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have seth saying Morgan Wallen crossed out, Eric Church, Marge saying Dolly Parton, Reva saying Morgan Whalen, Randall sanyg Morgan Wallen, Brody sang Luke Bryan, Steve saying Eric Church, Yanni saying the nude. The correct answers are Eric Church or Morgan Wallan. I think we'll give it to you, Reva, Why do you give it the rev? Morgan Whalen, Morgan Whalen. Oh that's close and it was one letter off.
Speaker 1: Well did you think were you thinking Whalen Jennings don't answer.
Speaker 2: The musicians led a team of investors who purchased the Field and Stream Media company from Recurrent and the Field and Stream retail brand from Dick's Sporting Goods. Their first major move after the acquisition was announcing that the print magazine would return after a three year hiatus. Field and Stream now has three membership tiers that range from fifteen dollars a year to ninety five dollars a year. Are they tied in with that Field and Stream hotel thing?
Speaker 1: Yep? They are no, not the hotel thing, but like something they bought like see a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: Field and Stream like dispersed the ability. That's why there's Field and Stream canoes and they and I think they bucketed back some of the oars.
Speaker 5: Do you see there's one going in?
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Question for the topic is conservation. This is our listener question of the week, which was won by Keith Santos for sending this great question. Keith is going to get a board game signed by the crew. If you want a chance to win our listener Question of the Week and send your question to Trivia at the meat Eater dot com. An electric barrier meant to keep Asian karp out of the Great Lakes was placed on a canal outside of this city. The topic is conservation.
Speaker 1: Didn't even need you to finish that one.
Speaker 2: And elect barrier meant to keep Asian carp out of the Great Lakes was placed on a canal outside of this city. Steve knows it very confident, now, Brody, you seem confident on the last question that you got wrong with. No, I was not, he wasn't. Okay, you're just writing down the one you were quick. You were quick. That's because it's like one of the just move on a dumb question.
Speaker 5: No, no, I don't think it was.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know it, and I wasn't going to come up with an electric barrier meant to keep Asian carp out of the Great Lakes was placed on a canal outside of this city. Steve's texting someone to see if he got his answer. Oh, I swear, Yahna, you know this one.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 8: But as someone that's training to run fifty miles, uh, these things helped me keep drinking beer but not putting all those calories in my body.
Speaker 2: Fifty five zero.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when's your race again?
Speaker 5: June fifteenth.
Speaker 8: Thanks common Dang, Yeah, that's the uh.
Speaker 5: Isn't that the antelope deadline in Montana? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is that June one?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: I already filled all that out.
Speaker 5: I'm done.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready? Go ahead and reveal your answers? We have Sat saying Buffalo, Marge saying Chicago, Reva saying Milwaukee, Randall and Brody and Steve saying Chicago, Yanni saying Saint Louis. Nope, the correct answer was Chicago.
Speaker 1: Dude, I've been there. You've been to bar No, I've been to the barrier. I toured the barrier.
Speaker 2: Oh, just for fundzies? And what were you doing there? Get educated about? Remember why vasive carp?
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 2: Just getting it? Just getting educated about invasive carp?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't remember that.
Speaker 2: The electric dispersal barriers have been in operation since two thousand and nine. This stretch of water is located twenty five miles south of Lake Michigan on the Chicago Area Waterway System. The barriers are made of one hundred and sixty foot wide grids of electrodes that repel fish from swimming upstream. The area is littered with signage from the US Coast Guard saying it will absolutely not attempt to rescue you if you fall in the water.
Speaker 4: They so that's on a shipping and sanitation canal. So they built that canal which actually connects it would connect the Mississippi with the Saint Lawrence. So everything in the Great Lakes goes out to Saint Lawrence and then you jump over that divide and everything goes to the golf And so that they created a real vulnerability with that canal which joins the two of them up something else. At one point in time, they were going to build a canal that connected that ran across that connected the bottom of Lake Michigan and traveled over to Erie.
Speaker 1: To shorten that trip through the Great Lakes.
Speaker 4: And that's why when they had that little war where that we almost Michigan in Ohio almost went.
Speaker 5: To war the Toledo Strip did what's that?
Speaker 2: I feel like they kind of did it close.
Speaker 1: They had an arbitrator come in and the arbitrator gave the strip to Ohio and as a reconciliation gave Michigan the up. They never built it away from Wisconsin, never built a canal anyway, and then Michigan pulled just billions in copper in or out of the up They never you built a supercanal.
Speaker 2: Account for like fertilized eggs drifting through it or something like that. Well, I think it's more concerned about stuff getting into Lake Michigan than going from Lake Michigan to the Mississippi River. But they have, I think it was in twenty fifteen they had they had traces of Asian carp DNA upstream of the barriers. So it's kind of should as to how effective it even is. Question five, the topic is cooking. This French term refers to a piece of meat that's been pounded thin wrapped around ham and cheese and then fried. This is question five. We'll get a scoreboard update from Phil after this. This French term refers to a piece of meat that's been pounded, thin wrapped around ham and cheese and then fried. Nobody has come up with an answer yet. It's a French term refers to a piece of meat it's been pounded, thin wrapped around ham and cheese and then fried. Seth now coming up with an answer. It's our first one, Seth, you know it. You're just guessing. Okay, no.
Speaker 5: Price spelled.
Speaker 2: We may have another zero percenter here, Randall, I've got a shot. Okay, Randall has a shot. Do you think it's a French term that you have written there?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 2: Indeed, this French term refers to a piece of meat that's been pounded thin wrapped around ham and cheese and then fried.
Speaker 7: I questioned my spelling.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's maybe a hint in the room.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: I wish i'd been looking through those meati to rep question. Spelled it exactly how it sounds.
Speaker 2: Steve is doing French sound effects. Oh, he's a holy artist today. We needed someone to slurp a beer and he provided that. Needed someone to have French gestures, and he's done that for us. What else is in your library of noises? Steve? We we damn? Randall may be the only one. Okay, Brody, do you have any guess? I guess Okay, a piece of meat that's been pounded thin wrapped around ham and ch and then fried.
Speaker 1: I think it's a poor guys.
Speaker 2: Yanni, Do you have a chance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, took a while I was in there.
Speaker 2: Oh you think you got it? Okay? Yeah, he's a little confident. Is everybody ready?
Speaker 5: It's this athletic beer.
Speaker 2: Okay, you give up, Steve, I wrote something down. Oh okay, left, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying Cordon Blue, Mark saying beef Wellington. You've sang Peti, Randall saying Cordon blue, Brody saying rule da Steve, what's that say Steve? Yanni sang hold on It wasn't Yanni and Randall and Seth got it. The correct answer is Corton blue. Cord On Blue was creating Switzerland in the nineteen forties. Although most associate the dish with chicken, it's also made with veal, pork and beef. Court On Blue translates to blue ribbon in French, which is a phrase used to describe culinary excellence.
Speaker 5: It like paps court On blue fail.
Speaker 2: We're halfway through the game of trivia. Give us a scoreboard update.
Speaker 9: Reva is in last place with one point. Then we've got Seth, Maggie, Giannis and Brody tied up with two points. Steve has three, and Randall Williams is in first place with four points.
Speaker 1: Anybody's game?
Speaker 2: Phil, would have you gotten that last week?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you knew that one?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, okay, anyone by which I mean me and Randall.
Speaker 9: The cafeteria at the Montana State Dorms would serve a pretty wet court on blue that.
Speaker 2: Was wet about it.
Speaker 9: It was just like it's almost sitting like a shallow pool of water. Yeah, it was disgusting, but it was a hit among drunk college kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question six the topic is public lands. The Statue of Liberty and Devil's Tower are this type of federal land? This is question six. The Statue of Liberty and Devil's Tower are this type of federal land? Brodie Steve Janni Seth coming up with an answer. Marge, you have a shot at this one. Have you been to the Statue of Liberty or Devil's Tower?
Speaker 3: Not the Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 2: You can't recall what the signage around it was. How about you steve both of them. What do you mean you've been to the Statue of Liberty and Devil's Tower? You know this one?
Speaker 1: No feeling?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: During some of the interglacial periods, ocean levels are so high that the pedestal that the statue Liberty would be standing in water.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. I did not know that.
Speaker 9: Who designed the statue of liberty, French Cordon blue.
Speaker 2: Does everybody have an answer for the type of federal over to us?
Speaker 9: The only thing we built was the base.
Speaker 1: Oh that'd have been underwater.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set saying national monument, Marge and saying national monument, Randall saying national historic post and get caught up. Brody sang national monument, Steve saying federal monument. Yanni sang national monument. The correct answer is national monument. What do we think of federal?
Speaker 5: I'd give it to her.
Speaker 2: I think that's like saying Federal Park.
Speaker 9: Service, Yellowstone, Federal National, the same thing.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Come on, I'm not playing anymore.
Speaker 2: Despite your threat, I don't think we're going to give.
Speaker 8: It to you.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: The definition?
Speaker 1: I will go Steve, it's a federal monument. It's a federal monument, Oh my god, come on.
Speaker 2: But it's also like a proper now, so I don't think. Uh.
Speaker 1: I almost just wrote monument.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that would have been good enough.
Speaker 5: I almost did too, but I didn't. Dude.
Speaker 2: This is Brody went thumbs down immediately on your answer.
Speaker 5: She gets a.
Speaker 1: Point writing down Whalen. It's like the most famous country artists of all time.
Speaker 5: That's not it was a misspelling of Wolin or whatever. The guys.
Speaker 4: It's also her singular princess. You know, the Statue of Liberty is a federal monument. No one is going to correct me.
Speaker 2: Uh, but what have you said a federal park.
Speaker 1: I didn't say that it's a monument.
Speaker 2: But it's if we're replacing words here, Phil, What do you think back there?
Speaker 5: Oh, definitely not.
Speaker 1: Ship Randall.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about it?
Speaker 1: Uh, you've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 7: I think it's a conflict of.
Speaker 1: It's like, what's the definition.
Speaker 7: Well, it's not a definition, it's a it's a it's a category. I mean it's a it's a specific designation.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be like instead of the U. S. Forest Service, you said the American Forest Service. Like, that's it's not if I give it to me. We're looking for a proper down here.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just typed in federal monument. National monuments are areas of federal land set aside by the Congress.
Speaker 6: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that helped you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think it's just kind of it's it's national.
Speaker 2: You find me someone calling it a federal substantiate liberty, federal monument. Uh, we're getting.
Speaker 5: Bruises running through my Uh, we're.
Speaker 2: Getting I don't think we're gonna give it to you today.
Speaker 1: You would give this to anybody else?
Speaker 2: I don't think that's true either.
Speaker 5: That's what I just said.
Speaker 2: Let me read the fact, do I hear? Other famous national monuments include the Booker T. Washington National Monument, Little Big Horn Battlefield National Monument, and Dinosaur National Monument. Most National monuments are ran by the National Park Service, but a handful of managed by b l M, the US Forest Service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, and Noah Steve. How would you feel if that was Randall's answer.
Speaker 1: Federal national? I would have given it someone who just wrote monument.
Speaker 2: Wow. I don't think you get the point. Nobody, nobody else is siding with you.
Speaker 5: Guess what tell me?
Speaker 1: Everybody hates a wind you?
Speaker 2: Uh huh? Question seven. The topic is fishing. This is the Athletic Brewing Moneyball question of the Week. For every correct answer provided, Athletic Brewing is going to make a one hundred dollars donation that's capped at five hundred dollars. This week, Athletic Brewing is giving to the conservation group, the Nature Conservancy. Here is your moneyball question. This lake on the California Arizona border, which is best known for its spring break parties, has produced multiple world record sunfish. Randal and Brody know it. Here's the question again. The topic is fishing. This lake on the California Arizona border, which is best known for its spring break parties, has produced multiple world record READI or sunfish. This is the Athletic Brewing moneyball question. So for everyone who gets the right answer, Athletic Brewing is making a one hundred dollars donation to the Nature Conserve.
Speaker 1: Do you ever party there?
Speaker 5: Randall?
Speaker 7: No, but I used to guide a group of guys from California every year that partiers that party. Yeah, and there are a lot of stories about waking up under boat trailers and stuff this place.
Speaker 8: I spent a week there when I was maybe twelve or thirteen and jumped off a lot of cliffs.
Speaker 5: That was fun.
Speaker 7: Caught quite a few lunkers.
Speaker 8: Off soft plastics and on that huh Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had a guy sent me a video one time of a bobcat jumping story.
Speaker 6: Other story, go ahead, no, no, no, oh no.
Speaker 8: I was just gonna say that my uncle uh was unfortunately no longer with us anymore.
Speaker 5: But uh he uh.
Speaker 8: He was real impressed that I had done it on a soft plastic, that I had like the touch to do it, you know, with a soft plastic. Then later he caught one that was so big as he was coming it was coming, it was at the side of the boat.
Speaker 5: I was like, I'll grab it for you, and he's like, no, you won't. Don't touch that fish, and he reached out and grabbed it. He did not want to let it go.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you witness any partying at this lake? Did I have that reputation?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 8: You know, I think we were young enough that I'm sure was going on, but we weren't really noticing it yet.
Speaker 2: Again, this is our athletic bring moneyball question on the side of their cans. They even have a little thing it says giving back up to two million dollars annually to restore local trails. So they walked the walk. Is everybody ready waiting on seth trying to figure out where these Lunger world record readier sunfish come.
Speaker 7: From and a few longer largemouth.
Speaker 2: Largemouth bess set. Randall was trying to remind you that this is for conservation sets, so really really try hard here, go ahead and reveal your answers. We Set saying Lake Mead can't crossed out Lake Powell, Marge saying have a sue. Riva sang Tahoe, Randall saying, have a sue. Brody, Steve and Yanni saying have a sue. They got it. The correct answer is lake have a sue. Five of you got that right. That means Athletic Brewing is making a five hundred dollars donation to the Nature Conservancy.
Speaker 1: So that donation sits outide.
Speaker 2: That's already happened. We've just now created that five hundred dollars donation. The world record readier sunfish.
Speaker 4: I feel like I can't believe tons of companies don't don't throw.
Speaker 1: Down like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what an easy win for them?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. The world record readier sunfish was caught at Lake have Asou in twenty twenty one. At six point three pounds. It easily broke the old world record of five point eight pounds, which was also caught at Lake Havasou. In twenty fourteen. The lake turned into a factory for giant Readier sunfish after the invasive quagga muscles were discovered. There are in two thousand and seven. Readier sunfish are sometimes referred to as shell crackers because of their preferred diet of snails, crayfish, and muscles. Thanks again to Athletic Brewing for the moneyball question of the week.
Speaker 5: Anybody in here caught or ready or sunfish?
Speaker 1: I never have? You take a part of the reason.
Speaker 5: Pretty much like a blue gal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it looks like any other sunfish. I think they're only native from like Texas to Louisiana, Alabama. But but they are thriving in have As to thanks to another invasive the quaga muscle.
Speaker 4: I think part of the reason you screwed me on that point is to try to create like a little like a little.
Speaker 1: Tension where I'm just not walking away with it.
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, the tension would have been if you'd given that.
Speaker 2: And tighter game. We'll get a scoreboard update after this next question. This is question eight. The topic is Hunting, this annual event that's held across the cuntree calls itself quote, the greatest three d R tree experience that exists. This annual event that's held across the country calls itself the greatest three d R tree experience that exists. This is question eight. Get a leaderboard update from Phil after this. Has anyone in here been to this thing before? That itself the greatest three d R tree experience? Jes Yani.
Speaker 8: Yeah, someone decided that we should shoot the absolute longest course, okay, and vowed to never do that again.
Speaker 2: Okay, but would you go back to this just not the largest longest of course short to medium range? Is everybody ready waiting on Riva in March the greatest three d R tree experience that exists? Give up, but it's a good go ahead and reveal your answers. You have Set saying total archery challenge, Marge saying American Ninja Warrior Riva without an answer, the we have it, Randall saying total archery challenge, Brody saying total archery challenge. Steep saying is that total archery club tack? Don't you.
Speaker 9: Know?
Speaker 1: Total archie challenge and also tack?
Speaker 2: Does that look like challenge to you?
Speaker 5: Yanni?
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, Total Archery Challenge, Yanni saying, Total Archie Challenge, you should.
Speaker 2: Work on your pensmanship, though I don't know what I got.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to write tight because you guys are so close to me.
Speaker 5: It's Brodie's fault.
Speaker 2: Actually, the correct answer is Total Archery Challenge. The Total Archery Challenge was founded in twenty thirteen. This year they have a dozen events held from Vermont to Texas to Utah. They're known for their extreme courses in steep country that we through timber and occasionally exceed one hundred yards. Give us a scoreboard update. We have two questions left.
Speaker 9: Yes, Reva is the only player that's not in contention for the victory. We've got Maggie and Seth with four points, Yannis, Steven Brody with five, and still in first place is Randall. He has six points.
Speaker 2: Two questions.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying about creating a tension, because like we'd be tied, right.
Speaker 7: But you were saying that he took your point away to create tension because.
Speaker 1: People just to they turn you want you Oh, he's just gonna win again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, oh I see, I see.
Speaker 1: You know who wants to hear him win again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know the feeling.
Speaker 2: Question nine. The topic is cooking. This is America's fourth most popular cooking appliance, with household ownership rising from eleven percent in twenty seventeen to sixty percent in twenty twenty three. That means in twenty seventeen, eleven percent of American households owned one of these, and twenty twenty three, sixty percent of American households owned one of these. Here's the question again. This is America's fourth most popular cooking appliance, with household ownership rising from eleven percent in twenty seventeen to sixty percent in twenty twenty three. Hell just squeaking, Seth, you know this, Brody.
Speaker 5: You just came up with something.
Speaker 2: I think I do know this, Okay, I could be right. First thing that came to my head. Randal, Brody and Seth have answers. Yanni hasn't picked up.
Speaker 7: Is this a brand name?
Speaker 2: If you thought the nador was Kleenex, you would write it down tissue, okay, not kleenex s. This is America's fourth most popular cooking appliance, with household ownership rising from eleven percent in twenty seventeen. To sixty percent in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 8: What if I only know the brand name, that's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: I don't think we're gonna give it to you a lot of different brands. Question nine. Probably that's a hint, Seth, whatever it is, Seth, do you think you own one of these? If this is if you have the correct answer.
Speaker 3: If I have the correct answer, yeah, I do, okay.
Speaker 2: How about you, Randall?
Speaker 7: If I have the correct answer, I do not okay, and.
Speaker 5: I got it in the time, that would make sense.
Speaker 2: No, this is this kind of talk and leads people getting answered. Okay, is everybody.
Speaker 5: Ready, I'm finishing writing.
Speaker 1: I can tell you you're gonna be fighting in a minute.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Seth saying air fryer, Large saying KitchenAid mixer, tabletop mixer, weave A saying air frer, Randall saying air frar, Brody saying air fry Steve saying slow cooker, slash pressure cooker in parentheses instapot Yanni's saying instapot pressure cooker. The correct answer is air fryer.
Speaker 7: That's why I asked about brand name, because I could only think of instapot sixty percent of house sixty percent.
Speaker 2: According to data from Sircana, air frier ownership has now passed up grills and multi cookers. Multi cookers would be an instapot.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: The president of Nesli called air frars the biggest trend in modern cooking, saying the demand for air frier directions on their products became overwhelming during the pandemic. We have a singular recipe for air friers on the medeater dot com, which is Lucas Leif's Pheasant Kiev. Do you like your son?
Speaker 6: What is it for?
Speaker 5: Some things?
Speaker 1: It's a super hot ass convection of And I think I like you.
Speaker 3: For making like French fries that aren't fried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the name is misleading, right, You're not like you're not even coming close to replicating deep fried.
Speaker 5: No, it's like it's a mini of them.
Speaker 9: What it is like, You're not gonna bread some Walleye fila and throw that you could?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who owns one in here? Just seth? So we are bringing the ownership uh way down.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you that the reason we have one is because we watched our friend's dog for like a week, and that's what they got us.
Speaker 2: I'm confused about.
Speaker 5: How yet thanks for watching our dog.
Speaker 1: My daughter just made a little jingle watching the dog.
Speaker 7: Yeah, did she get get a small appliance and.
Speaker 1: Cold heart cash?
Speaker 3: I don't know that I would buy one, but I we do use it at least once a week, probably.
Speaker 5: Phil, who you know? I told her all about gil.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, she came to me about it, So.
Speaker 5: I came to the door. Phil.
Speaker 2: Who is left in the game. We are onto the tenth question.
Speaker 9: Well, Spencer, our master plan work because Steve no longer win. Okay, but we've got Brody with six points and Randall with seven.
Speaker 2: Question ten, the topic is woodsmanship. This next great question is via Mitch Stonner. What's the name for a pointed mineral formation that hangs from a cave ceiling?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: What's the name for the pointed mineral formation that hangs from a cave ceiling? This is question ten. As a reminder, the winner will get to make a one thousand dollars donation via Meat Eater and Athletic Brewing.
Speaker 1: Not now, I can do it. At this point though, we're not going to revisit that earlier question.
Speaker 2: No, I think we should give Steve that point the National Monument.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, then you'd lose by two points, I think, yeah, instead of one.
Speaker 4: No, because if you gave me that now you'd be tied with Brody for second And what if he gets it wrong?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good let's do it. Let's give Steve the point.
Speaker 2: Randall. Is there a chance you regret this in about five minutes? No?
Speaker 7: Because if I get it wrong, Brody would win.
Speaker 2: Now do you know you guys don't have the same answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's revisit it and give me that point.
Speaker 7: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Randall, Brody, how do you feel about this situation?
Speaker 5: I don't care how. The only reason Randall's doing.
Speaker 1: This because he knows he's no.
Speaker 2: Damn well, he's got it right. Do you have it right? Randy? I think so.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: The shoes from Buddy, I know, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I remember, Yes, that's what I think. I recall that. You know I'm from just north of Big Time Cave Country, Kentucky, Mammoth Cave. We did a lot of splunking as children.
Speaker 1: No you didn't, Sure we did.
Speaker 7: I believe we did some boy scout trips to the caves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, All right. See if you got it right, we're looking for the name of the pointed mineral formation that hangs from a cave ceiling. Randall has now granted Steve the point, So we would need Randall to get this wrong and Brody or Steve to get this right to go to overtime.
Speaker 5: Is the wrong one.
Speaker 2: It's mammoth caves a federal Uh, it's a federal federal park, mammoth cave.
Speaker 7: I'd like, I mean, this is kind of this is a very politician move of me, but it was the wrong answer, but you should get the point. Just to make things interesting.
Speaker 2: Is everybody ready, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have set staying still leg tight, Marge staying still leg tight. We sang still leg tight, Randall saying still leg tight. Everyone said still leg tight.
Speaker 5: Wow. Uh.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is stalactight. Did anybody have a C or did everybody have a G? Well? No, but it then then you might be answering, uh, STI legg might instead of stalact tight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what's that doing? No that I got that point it right.
Speaker 7: Everybody spelled it the same way with a G spencer. We're all winners now because we all learned something.
Speaker 2: Okay, The correct answer was Stalactit s T A L A C T I T E right. But there's only one letter difference here in that.
Speaker 5: But it's the T in the I think.
Speaker 2: Everybody got it right. Everybody got this one right. The easiest way to recall the difference between US stalactite and stalagmite is by what since you said you remembered it well.
Speaker 7: Stalag tight holds tight to the ceiling, and the stlag might stands up mightily from the ground or something.
Speaker 2: I think that's the wrong way. The way I would remember it. The difference between.
Speaker 7: How could it be the wrong way if it differ?
Speaker 2: The difference between US stalactite and stillag might is by remembering that stalactite has a C for ceiling and stalagmite has a G for ground.
Speaker 4: There you go obvious that rhyme about milk snakes and coral snakes.
Speaker 2: Yes, red.
Speaker 1: Touch is black, You're okay, Jack, red touches yellow. You're a dead fella.
Speaker 2: Randall is our winner. With eight correct answers. He gets to choose where the one thousand dollars donation goes. Randall, what's it gonna be?
Speaker 7: M Let's give it to uh Warriors and Quiet Waters.
Speaker 2: I don't think we've donated to them before. What do we like about Warriors and Quiet I just know.
Speaker 7: That, uh, we're doing a lot of stuff with them, and uh it's a good organization that has a lot of local connections here and just trying to spread the wealth.
Speaker 2: One thousand dollars going their way, that's right. I've seen meat Eater has some events coming up where they, uh, they're doing stuff with organization. Thanks to Athletic Brewing for helping us make one of our biggest donations ever. Join us now next time for more meat Eater Trivia, the only game show where conservation always wins.