Speaker 1: Hi, Andrew, Hi Scott. Welcome to Serial Killers. This is episode number twenty four.
Speaker 2: Wow, and I.
Speaker 1: Have not come up with any clever anything because there's nothing for twenty four.
Speaker 2: We can almost rent a car.
Speaker 1: No, you can rent a car, but you have to be over twenty five. Otherwise you pay a lot of.
Speaker 2: I'm saying sure, I could almost do it without paying the fee.
Speaker 3: Well there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So welcome to Serial Killers. I'm Scotty Bee. That's Andrew over there, and a special guest star in the studio today.
Speaker 3: Say hello Cooper as Cooper. It's Cooper.
Speaker 1: It's my daughter Cooper, and she's gonna be trying cereal with us today.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how this goes.
Speaker 2: Every every single episode you say kids should neat this, kids should need this, but now you get to eat it today.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well all my kid does is eat this. So I'm going to go down into the cereal sack. Now do you want? Do you want new or classic?
Speaker 3: First?
Speaker 2: I like Cooper pick No, We're actually gonna go.
Speaker 1: New this time because I have a special order that these need to be And so I was hoping you were gonna say new, but it's okay.
Speaker 3: AKA the cereal sack is chop rd bag.
Speaker 1: Yes, the cereal sack is a shopride bag. It's a supermarket grocery bag. Thanks for blowing up my spot, Cooper.
Speaker 2: I'm really happy to know that he ignores you like he ignores me.
Speaker 3: So here we go. I'm going down into the sack. I'm in my sack right now.
Speaker 2: This is going to be so exciting, Cooper, Ah, check it out. Oh no what no, no, no, no, no no, that's a sin.
Speaker 3: Well, Cooper's excited.
Speaker 2: Chocolate toast crunch, that's right, chocolate and cinnamon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's part of the cinnamon toast crunch family.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've never seen those flavors together.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing I can say.
Speaker 1: It's a new cereal because it was first introduced in twenty fourteen, okay, and then it disappeared from shelves in twenty seventeen for a reason, and people wanted it back, so it came back earlier this year. See you see what it says there.
Speaker 3: Can you read that, Cooper? You're ass it's back.
Speaker 1: Well, it says you asked it's back, So you know, we just add letters wherever we want. So you asked and it's back who asked people?
Speaker 2: Then? Can I ask again that they change the recipe back on my favorite rice Krispy treats.
Speaker 1: You can ask, but it probably won't happen, sad. So oh, look it's naturally flavored General Mills chocolate toast crunch. Mmm, real cocoa and cinnamon. That actually is kind of our strange flavor combination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: And there is an interesting little maze on the back, and some chocolate Crispy.
Speaker 2: Car personally point out the obvious that cinnamon toast crunch is like completely ripping off Despicable Me and the Minions because they made the cinnamon squares in the commercial sound exactly like the Minions.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like if I were working at DreamWorks or Illumination or whoever is in charge of Despicable Me, I'd send a season desist o. Sad.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they'll get on that. I mean, there's so many varieties of toast crunch at this point. There's the original, there's the churos, there's the chocolate, there's the apple cinnamon, there's I don't even is French toast crunch.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 2: The thing is that out that's like my favorite. But I thought French Toast Crunch was different from from this.
Speaker 1: No, French Toast Crunch is the same company it was. Oh all right anyway, so let's get pouring and let's get eaten.
Speaker 2: This looks nasty. I'm not expecting it looks nasty.
Speaker 3: It smell it, Oh, smell Coop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of just smells exactly like a cocoa puff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it smells like chocolate. But just why is the old two chocolate cereal is always coco puffs?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You still haven't brought it in. I'm trying to subtenly drop in, so it's not working.
Speaker 3: It's in the sack, bro, just gotta wait, it's coming.
Speaker 2: Is that you're can waffle cereal in the sack?
Speaker 3: No, that I have not gotten yet.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, get on it.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for someone to send it to us. But you know what, by the time this airs, we probably will have already done a bonus episode. And we did it already, so it'll sound dumb, all right, So let me grab some spoons. Now, we are using a two milk today. Cooper is lactose intolerant. Okay, so even though that this is easier on digestion. It's not lactose free, so she may be spraying poop on the wall when we're done.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, I got your lactate pill.
Speaker 1: I am aware people that there is lactaid milk, but Cooper isn't usually here, so I didn't buy a whole giant jug of it because I didn't know she was coming.
Speaker 3: So a two milk it is. Take your pill.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, there is an actual lactaid pill. For a second, I'm like, you're feeding your child's milk. I've seen the whipped cream horror video. I'm not looking for that to be happening with cereal killer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, thanks for bringing it up, because Cooper hates that video. So if you want to go on YouTube and search whipped cream horror, you're gonna see Cooper in all her glory.
Speaker 2: When they found out she wasn't like a toast intolerant, well they didn't know.
Speaker 3: We didn't know at that point. Let's go chocolate toast crust three. Here we go. Five balls right off the bat. Five balls right off the bat, she says.
Speaker 2: I judge this hardcore. That's kind of good. I give this four bowls it tastes like a warm cup of hot cocoa.
Speaker 3: You put cinnamon in your hot cocoa.
Speaker 2: I mean you can, you can if you want to be fancy.
Speaker 3: This is all right?
Speaker 2: How are you the one saying it's not good?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really love the cinnamon chocolate flavor combination. So I'm gonna go three balls on it.
Speaker 2: Well, the cinnamon flavor really isn't there. I'm not tasting it. I taste it, okay, Well, then your palette stronger than mine. It is.
Speaker 1: By the way, Cooper would give five balls to anything that has any amount of sugar in it, so she she won't stop eating it.
Speaker 2: So I'm guessing the next one she's gonna give it five balls too.
Speaker 1: I would assume. So, see, cereal companies, this is your target audience right here. So you're doing the right thing. Lots of sugar and kids. Give it five balls, all right. Cooper's just eating the entire cup. So we're gonna move on. We're gonna go to our classic. And this cereal was first introduced in the late sixties. Oh wow, it's a spinoff of an even older cereal. We've done one of the varieties before, There is a character in the posse named Smedley.
Speaker 2: Do you remember I don't know as Smedley. I'm so sponge true, I know who Smedley.
Speaker 3: Let's go down into the cereal.
Speaker 2: Sat the shop, right bag Ah. Crunchberries I always always Yeah, your kids try crunchberries.
Speaker 3: No, they're so bad for you.
Speaker 2: Crunchberries are my favorite.
Speaker 1: So cap'n Crunch, crunchberry cereal. It's just it's basically cap'n Crunch with berry cereal in it.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 2: In the nineties, the commercials were terrifying because it would be like, crunch a tizes me, Captain, and then they would turn into like the little pellets in the cereal.
Speaker 3: I do not remember that. Oh that's from your childhood. Yeah, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: So that's Smedley, that crazy, goofy looking bucktooth guy right there. That's that's Smedley and his crazy cast of characters. So it's cap'n Crunch, Cooper, look, capt cap'n Crunch, Cap'en cap'n Crunch.
Speaker 3: It's cap'n Crunch. I am super sorry. Yeah, there's no tea in there.
Speaker 2: Cap'n crunchberries are so good. The weird film they leave on the roof of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Not the best, but it doesn't really leave a film, It just tears it up.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah that too, So let's dig in cap'n Crunch Crunchberry from Quaker. By the way, Andrew, did you realize that there was a crunchberry beast?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: I think it's this guy has heard in this classic commercial from nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 4: Crunch the crenchberry Beast on the morning clovers. Well, what do we wish for cebe? Of course cap'n Crunch cerreal with strawberry flaving crunchberries two kuyds of flavor, two kuyds of crunch Not a good part of a nutritious breakfast. Very well, I wish see me had all the crunchberries he was. Next time, let's not wish quite so hard crunchberries from Quicker.
Speaker 2: Is he the drunk uncle that you don't want coming to cap'n Crunch's birthday party? Well?
Speaker 3: I think the Capt'n's drunk. He's always drunk.
Speaker 2: I guess he has friends who are also drunk, all right, than just crunchberries.
Speaker 3: Remember it.
Speaker 1: Crunchberry is the serial that they used to make at the Quaker factory when I lived in cedar rapids, Iowa, and that my dog would lick the air every Tuesday. Okay, by the way, my wife says that we should use bowls because like a ceramic bowl, pouring would be the proper sound that we're you know, looking the not the pouring into the cup sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is going to be one of your favorite cereals, Cooper.
Speaker 1: When you want to talk, there's a microphone here, and you need to speak into the microphone. As a radio professional's daughter, you need to know that you need to talk into this big, long looking thing.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't eat it yet. Okay, here we go, counting crunch crunch berries.
Speaker 2: Shoot three, five ball?
Speaker 3: What five?
Speaker 2: Bowl?
Speaker 3: Five and spoon? Four balls and a spoon from Cooper.
Speaker 2: It's sweet, it's delicious.
Speaker 3: Ten and you're getting it all over yourself. So let's not do that. I'm gonna go three bowls in a spoon. It's good. It's really sweet, really sweet, so good. It is way better than three bulls. Three bowls in a spoon. Yeah, that's a little bit better. I'm not quite sure what kind of berries these are.
Speaker 1: And crunchberries they originally started out as just red berries, and now they are red and purple and blue, so your guess is as good as mine.
Speaker 2: This is so good.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: I could eat a whole box of this. I probably would, you know, pass out afterwards.
Speaker 3: And oh, where's Wilford Brimley berry?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 2: Well? I took a while and it's on the way.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't because I cut out all that dead space.
Speaker 1: Cool all right, so here we go. Now there's a bonus box. Oh boy, there is a bone. Stop eating all of it. You can't eat all of it.
Speaker 3: There's a bone. Child.
Speaker 1: I'm going into my cereal sack, the shop right bag, and you'll never guess what it is.
Speaker 2: If it's chicken and waffle cereal, I'm gonna walk out. If it's cocoa puffs, I'll be happy. That's the only way I'm going to be happy.
Speaker 1: Really, So out of my cereal sack comes Obviously there was some sort of malfunction in the factory because.
Speaker 3: Oops, all berries O. I'm not sure what happened.
Speaker 1: I think the machine just started spitting berries out and oh, look at my handle, you're uttering.
Speaker 2: I don't think that the berries come out like utters.
Speaker 1: No I don't either, So it's capt'n crunch all berries. The cereal came out in nineteen ninety seven. Obviously there was a big need for more berries.
Speaker 2: So the first thing I would think of with the cereal. I mean, the berries are good, but I feel like the original Captain Crunch, like the little other Sheeps tastes good too.
Speaker 3: You know that we never actually did straight up regular cap'n Crunch.
Speaker 2: Straight up regular Captain Crunch. I will eat. I do think it is delicious, but this I like that the box says oops all berries. Was it always called that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always been called oops, as if it was a mistake. Oh that cap'in Yeah, he is a goofball. All right, So here is your oops all berries.
Speaker 2: I don't think this one's going to be as good.
Speaker 3: I don't like fruit, so I don't think I'm gonna like this cereal.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like fruit, Okay, Well if this constitutes fruit, then I've taught her.
Speaker 3: Well, here's you one serving of fruit for the day, Cooper dig In.
Speaker 2: I wonder what if the purple is I know you're a child, but if I were high right now, this would be delicious.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's almost fruit loop like right, two balls? That's it.
Speaker 2: That's a little harsh. I'm gonna go with three balls like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do three balls in a spoon too.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's not bad.
Speaker 2: Again. I think under the influence of either alcohol or other substances, you'd be like, man, this is everything I wanted in more.
Speaker 3: But why do you need to be under the influence to enjoy this?
Speaker 2: Because like, just say, you're drinking, right, Okay, you come home right, You're just gonna eat pure sugar and be like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: This is the best I've ever had, even though I've never tried it. I probably go chicken and waffle cereal over this.
Speaker 2: Well, I would if I'm gonna, I would have loved that. But unfortunately you still refuse to buy this free.
Speaker 3: It's on the way.
Speaker 1: So three balls and a spoon from both Andrew and I. Two balls from coopercer. She doesn't like fruit, and that logic is a little bit twisted. So chocolate toast crunch you know did Okay, you guys, really I liked it. Yeah, cap'n crunch, crunch berries and oops all berries not terrible.
Speaker 3: But you know, Cooper didn't like it because it was fruit in it. God forbid.
Speaker 1: So thank you very much for listening to episode twenty four. I'm Serial Killers. We can read the car, Yeah, we can the car. It's going up so high, I can't even remember the numbers anymore. Follow us please on Twitter, serial Killers PC, That's Serial with a C. And Andrew Pug on Twitter and Instagram. Z Scotty b on Twitter and Instagram, and.
Speaker 2: Make sure you hit the subscribe button on wherever you're listening to your podcast from. So if you're listening on iHeartRadio or the podcast app or Google play storage, just hit the subscribe button. The new episodes get dropped right into your phone. Make sure you leave us a review. We would like it if you left five stars, but you know, do whatever your heart feels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you thought it was a three star episode, it's cool.
Speaker 2: Well, luckily they can't individually rate the episodes. They're just reading the podcast.
Speaker 1: The entire podcast. The five stars it is then, because we are a five star podcast. So thank you so much for listening. And Cooper's going to go spray diarrhea.
Speaker 2: On the wall and nasty and nobody wants to hear that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, enjoy your cereal until next time, everybody, crunch that was fun,