Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's the Dan Patrick Show Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox filling in for Dan and the guys. You can hear us weekday mornings before the Dan Patrick Show six to nine am Eastern Time, three to six am Pacific time. But we are filling in for Dan and the guys here on this Football Friday here on the show, and we are talking all things football as we get you said, for the Valentine's Day night, I don't know if people are turning it into a weekend other than Lee, our executive producer, who's got a whole bunch of fun plans in store for his better half. They've got all sorts of activities planned. They were going to go camping and then the rain kind of destroyed all that. Really, so now you're going to you're going to see like Phantom of the Opera or something like.
Speaker 3: That, Lee, or what h yeah doing the La Philharmonic tonight. Are you all going to get dressed up to go see it? Like suits and dresses and stuff.
Speaker 4: Not like a gown on her suits or anything like that?
Speaker 5: Dress?
Speaker 4: Nice of course, nice coat.
Speaker 3: What's a nice coat, like a nice coat as in like a north face nice coat, or like a nice.
Speaker 5: Coat as in like work coat, like.
Speaker 4: Like the dress coat, like that dressed pea coat I wore in New Orleans.
Speaker 5: It's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wear that all right. So you're going to see Phantom of the Opera, which is almost like kind.
Speaker 4: I'm not seeing Phantom of the Opera.
Speaker 3: Type deal, and you're not going to get dressed up, and she's not going to get dressed.
Speaker 4: Up seeing raveling DRAMs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't see with blindfolds on. Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be a fun night. We're going to go into a nice dinner. Maybe you go to a speakeasy after that.
Speaker 2: Now are you going to be a gentleman and get lubed up before the event?
Speaker 4: Of course, there's a there's drinks in the garden. There's drinks in the garden outside the Walt Disney Concert Hall before that. So and I'll probably sneak one or two in before that. There you go, just keep it in the pea coat pocket, you know, Hey, baby, Yeah, we'll have a cocktail in the garden. But she's not looking just uh add on to the where are you staying tonight, like I don't know that yet. Okay, that's why I'm looking for a spot out there in downtown a little late in the game it is.
Speaker 6: Are you just trying to book something last minute, hoping to get a deal.
Speaker 4: Yes, I am, and it's a it's hard on Valentine's Night to find.
Speaker 6: I was going to say, is there a chance you're gonna be running a shanty?
Speaker 4: You know, we might we might camp out just uh, we might have neighbors on the streets. Is where we might be doing. I don't know what I might float out the idea of, you know, camping in La somewhere like.
Speaker 6: In Venice, like you would be like one of those like the homeless encampments.
Speaker 5: Could be there. That's normalized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, It's it's not really frowned upon anymore. So okay, some urban camping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like when people out here used to say, hey, I live on the water. Yeah, you got a bunch of people on a Coleman ten, go on us two the.
Speaker 5: River right it right over there.
Speaker 2: If anybody wants to stop buying visit so well, good luckily, I'm gonna call my shot here. Tonight ends in a fight between Oh no, you don't have an argument.
Speaker 5: Don't speak.
Speaker 2: Bobby, because something about the flask in the pea coat is going to piss her off. I'm telling you right now, the flask in the pea coat is going to be the dividing line between you having a good time and you guys are getting along.
Speaker 4: Once I start sawing lugs inside the orchestra, that's when I'll get in trouble.
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think when someone realizes the reality of what their situation represents, they find a way to adapt, adjust, and evolve. The best thing that could have happened is us sitting here and making her aware of the fact that there are other women that final Lee not only attractive, but well a win, a hero or should a champ as they should. Well, you gotta now play by a different set of rules when when you're looking at Lee, don't nobody want your ass. You gotta deal with everything I send your way because don't nobody else want to deal with you. Well, once that changed, now the whole rules of engagement have to change.
Speaker 5: I think you're you're welcome, Lee. I think you're a catch. Lee. Thanks, guys, you're weal. I don't think you're a catch.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, at least it's been established and it's been put out there that you are. And now she's got to handle things that way like it's like the unknown.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: It's like, if I don't go out with him tonight, somebody else will. If I don't get up and go to the gym and work out with him, somebody else is going to. And I'm just saying, hey, competition, you ain't married. Competition is good. That's all I'm gonna tell you. Competition ain't bad. They say, you can't have evil without having good, and good without having evil. That's why evil is good. You gotta have evil because you can't have evil without having good, can't have good without the bad.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 3: Some tells me you'll get both tonight, Vampire out of Brooklyn. By the way, Vampire and Brooklyn Eddie Murphy reference.
Speaker 5: There you go. Good job, good job, Lee.
Speaker 3: Way to build the stakes up where she's got to comply, my guy, you know, make her conform to how you want it to be.
Speaker 2: Sir, keepers hardly, that would be my recommendation at that. Flash is a new and unique style of whiskey. It combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating the smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you've got to try it drink responsibly, all right. So we made the comparison to Lee's situation to Aaron Rodgers and the Jets. Earlier in the show, we talked about the New York side of things. What the hell are they going to do? They've decided to move on, et cetera, et cetera, Mike Florio pointing out recently, this also means they're going to be moving on from DeVante Adams. He is due thirty six million dollars in change. I can't imagine they would want to maintain that on the roster. So it feels like you move on from Rogers, you move on to DeVante Adams. DeVante Adams has mentioned that he'd be interested in the Niners, uh, the Rams, the Chargers, but coming out West would be ideal for DeVante Adams in this situation, just regardless of what Aaron Rodgers does, which brings up the discussion of Rogers and what he does next. And thanks to our friends at DraftKings. We got odds. We have got ourselves some odds on where Aaron Rodgers could end up following his departure from the New York Jets.
Speaker 5: The odds go as follows, Oh, you don't want you don't want Brady to guess I think he's already seen him. Oh okay, yeah, based on.
Speaker 6: Based on pre show notes.
Speaker 3: Certainly because I don't see the pre show notes anymore?
Speaker 5: Can we get out? Can we?
Speaker 3: You don't Google dog, I don't our fault.
Speaker 5: I know the topics.
Speaker 3: I just don't look at y'all's information anymore because I can't see it.
Speaker 5: LeVar doesn't go.
Speaker 3: Lie on on Lee to do it the old fashioned way. I send it to my email and I do, thank you. I don't go on the Google docs.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: I've never seen y'all's notes. I've never seen the Live Living document. I tried twice.
Speaker 5: Into you just click shame me.
Speaker 6: I'm not shaming you.
Speaker 3: No, I couldn't get in. And that's why I use my email. Damn it, adapt or die. That's how this world works. I mean, look, I got replacements for y'all, So if y'all don't want me no more I got people to go to, all right, Just like Lee, Lee's got somebody to go to.
Speaker 5: I got somebody to go to. That of love on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're trying to put you up on game though. Yeah, shut up, shut up, well done. It was that was shtick. But that like that.
Speaker 6: That's okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 5: So LeVar, do you like to take a stab? No, you are, I don't know. Now you have to because.
Speaker 2: I believe that I believe that you're going to be upset about this list of teams favorites. Christ we have some theme show music we can play for how many?
Speaker 5: How many teams are on this list? All right? I mean as many as you want. We've got not.
Speaker 6: As many as you want, but let's say five. Let's say the top five.
Speaker 2: And again, just to set the stage, these are, according to DraftKings, the favorites to land Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: Number one, the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can read context, guys, all right?
Speaker 6: Whose number two of are?
Speaker 1: Number two?
Speaker 5: Number two? The Las Vegas Raid two for two.
Speaker 6: Let's go, all right, I think you can get this next one to this next one's kind of easy.
Speaker 5: Number three easy, kind of I think I think the absurd. This next one. By the way, I'll make a case if you want me to Cleveland Browns down the list.
Speaker 6: Nope, damn think about old stomping grounds.
Speaker 5: Old The New York Giants.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no stopping grounds for uh Rogers.
Speaker 5: The Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 3: No no, no, sorry, like like where he grew up type thing. Oh okay, Oh he's in California.
Speaker 5: Got uh. The Seattle Seahawks maybe no, God, nope, they're just north of Ventura County.
Speaker 3: The no, nope, The Chargers, nope. All right, I'm gonna go back to my list.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go to my list a little hit.
Speaker 3: Not the Clippers either, dang, all right, what about the Tennessee Titans?
Speaker 5: They are fourth?
Speaker 1: Number four?
Speaker 5: Thank you? All right, I'm gonna take the Tennessee Titans, all right? Uh? Number five old stomping grounds. Let's see.
Speaker 7: Uh how about yeah, come on, come on, that's three.
Speaker 5: That's like four. But that was number three on the list. Number three. Are there any more left? Did I? Number five?
Speaker 3: There's there's one that seems a bit odd too, A bit a bit odd, A bit odd, oh man, a bit odd.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 3: I would hate this say it, but a bit odd would maybe be.
Speaker 5: Is it the NFC or the af C. I'm thinking NFC, Yeah, is it the NFC?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it the Vikings?
Speaker 2: Babe?
Speaker 6: There you go, well done.
Speaker 2: They are tied with the Titans at plus seven fifty.
Speaker 5: There you go. Yeah, leave me to hell alone, all right?
Speaker 2: So let me all right, let me ask you this. If I'm betting on this, I would bet the Titans. I think he's he's got a place in Nashville all that, so he helps have multiple places, and so he's got that spot. And it feels like if they're not they.
Speaker 5: Got them Keebler, elf Trees and Tennessee.
Speaker 2: If they're not fond, if they're not fond on you know, the quarterback situation, and they go Abdual Carter at number one, maybe Rogers would make sense of sort of a bridge.
Speaker 3: Which would you rather do a quarterback at number one or Aaron Rodgers on free agent market? I would rather say Rogers and then take out Dual Carter. I think that's a better combination.
Speaker 2: The Niners being at third is the like I believe it'll be the Titans. I want it to be the Niners desperately.
Speaker 6: Okay, let me talk about this first. So if you're wondering why, like the Steelers, Raiders are Titans, okay, would be potentially involved. I think we all know they have a need. But also for each one of those teams, would you guys guess it's been five years for each one of those franchise I just named, and that includes a combination of quarterbacks all right, to amount to the amount of passing yards, touchdown passes, or as few of interceptions as Rogers had just this past season for the New York Jets. So just let your mind wrap around that for a second. The Steelers, Raiders and Titans in the past five seasons have not had a quarterback or a combination of quarterbacks pass for as many yards or as many touchdowns and as few of interns right as Rogers did this past year for the Jets. So for a lot of people out there, and then they look at a lot of the advanced analytics, the EPA, all those other stats you want to look at for kind of digging into, you know, how Rogers performed. Throw that on a shelf for a second, because those three franchises, it's been a while, right, We're talking about like the last really good season Ben Roethlisberger had back in twenty twenty, and you have to kind of keep going back to one of the better seasons that Derek Carr had with John Gruden back for the Raiders. So that's how long it's been.
Speaker 3: So if you're wondering why at forty two years old off this past season with the Jets, why any of those three teams would be interested or.
Speaker 6: Won him, that's why. Because as much as you want to sit there and say, well, maybe he's on the downslope or maybe he doesn't have it anymore, he hasn't to an extent that's been better than any of those teams franchise I have seen in the past five years, all right now the San Francisco one it is. It is interesting because you can't throw them into that conversation. Brock Purty has played really well within that system. I think one of the things that makes the brock Purty contract, the extension that's coming his way kind of fascinating to me is is if brock Purty was to hit the free agent market, let's just say he was gonna go be a free agent, what do you think he would warrant on the free agent market? Like, would there be a ton of suitors in your opinion A ton?
Speaker 3: No, I think there would be a ton if the price was right. I don't to say that.
Speaker 5: No. So he's said success, he's had success.
Speaker 6: But we don't view him or look at him like obviously not Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson. I wouldn't put him in Jim and Hurts category.
Speaker 3: No, I think there's a So there's a list of quarterbacks that you would view and say as far as his skill, now, he's got some intangibles that you know, how he plays under duress, how he fits within that system that clearly Al Shanahan loves and he excels within it.
Speaker 6: But I think the question you have to ask yourself off your San Francisco is a could you upgrade at that position if you could? And then b if the roster arounds around him starts to not look the same as Deebo Samuel is on the trading block, and you know how much and how long you are you gonna be able to pay Christian McCaffrey. You dealt with injuries now and everything he had this year.
Speaker 3: And the rest of the defense because long can Trent Williams Hold Sure, Trent Williams is part of that, but but again that all goes into You're don't have to pay brock Party.
Speaker 6: You're somewhere around fifty million dollars per year. So if that's the case, how do you make that all work and then still maximize brock Party where he's not going to be playing with what he has had around him under this rookie deal. And so it does draw to light the question of well, let's just say that they were interested in upgrade. I mean, John Lynch has called about Tom Brady. There's a reason why that was the case. You know, they've probably called about maybe some others just to inquire and see what it would take.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: I mean, for example, if you're San Francisco and you could trade for Trevor Lawrence, would you yes?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay? So that kind of does that kind of make them the odds make a little bit of sense.
Speaker 5: I think they end up having buyers. I think anybody who would do a trade to.
Speaker 3: Get them and take on that contract is going to have buyer's remorse. But at least the potential is worth the risk. I think the potential is worth the risk with Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: So I looked at the odds and thought, and the way you play it out and lay it out makes a ton of sense. I looked at the odds and just thought, Okay, this is DraftKings throwing an interesting wrinkle into the order to stir the discussion and get them a little more run. Like you see this happen all the time with betting sites. They'll throw a team in there like the Cowboys, because they know it'll get talked about. But if it's laid out like that, and you know they had previous interest in him, I would love to see Rogers could would be kind of an appropriate in Dallas, come no no in San France, kind of an appropriate come full circle moment, considering you know, there's talks that you know they were going to draft him than they didn't. They passed on him and he slipped in the first round, you know, the rumor trade that was almost a done deal a couple of years ago. And I think Rogers would one hundred percent if you were to ask him to stack a preferred destinations this upcoming year, I think the Niners would be way at the top of the list and there'd be a significant gap between them and everybody else.
Speaker 3: They had a decline this year that would have me nervous. But I mean, Shanahan knows what he's doing, and maybe it was just a down moment. I mean, hell Andy Reid had a down moment in time in Philadelphia costed him his job. I mean, it happens. But can they recover from where they found themselves this year with some of the question marks around thing some of the personnel. I don't think you get Brandon I you back all the way healthy enough to impact the way that you would assume he would. We just brought up Debo and and the host of other names that Q has thrown out there. I just think this one is if I'm Aaron Rodgers, I believe in the coach, Do I believe in the personnel? I would say that would be my biggest concern. Rogers was better than Party this year. Sure, Rogers could have probably made it a better year for them, And what.
Speaker 2: Is this year look That was coming off an injury in an awful situe.
Speaker 5: But what does this year look like? What is this year? He played better down the stretch.
Speaker 3: He played better down the stretch, The healthier guy is the year with that personnel in San fran On offense? What does this season coming up? What does that look like? Who are his weapons?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What has he got going on? Maybe Davante?
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe we going base it off of that Pierce All Okay, they go and bring in Cooper cup too, Like, I mean, who knows that.
Speaker 6: I think the bigger questions not about the personnel in San Francisco in a way with Rogers, it's more because it's still a factor. Don't get me wrong, but I think the difference is one of the reasons why Kyle Shanahan loves Brock Parties because he runs that offense to a t and some people have tried to label them the system quarterback, which is like, all right, Like sometimes we get in these dumb debates about well, you know, he's so good just in that system. It's like, well, no, he runs the system the way he's been taught and how he should at a really high level. Like there's other guys who tried and it didn't work out quite as well. I mean, we've we've seen that in San Francisco. So it's a credit to Brock Party for being able to do things exactly how Kyle Shanahan wants them done. I think the one question I'd have for Aaron Rodgers if there actually was legit him an interest is would you be willing to do everything exactly how Kyle Shanahan wants or are you going to be trying to come in and say, no, this is how I like doing it, this is what I want to do, because that's going to look drastically different than what we saw from the New York Jets this year.
Speaker 5: It's going to look more like what.
Speaker 6: We saw at the end with you know, Malaflora and Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay because La floor comes from that tree, so that would be I think one of the biggest hurdles is there might not even be a desire from the San Francisco forty nine ers because they have a quarterback who they feel like they can get to a Super Bowl with which they have and potentially win that Super Bowl with with the right pieces because of the way he executes within the offense orreas. Maybe that's a question mark with Aaron Rodgers or maybe that's something that they would have to find out and maybe they're not willing to. So it is odd that you would see it for the odds for Aaron Rodgers to end up there, But I think there's a desire on Aaron Rodgers' side, and maybe there's just a thought because of the timing of everything with Brock Perdy and where this roster's at in San Francisco, that they would potentially kick the tires on a guy who's gonna be a first ballot Hall of Famer who wants to be there. Like there's something powerful too about a player who's not just coming there for money, who's not just coming there for a vendetta to show everyone he's still got it, who's like, no, this is actually how I want.
Speaker 5: To end my career.
Speaker 6: Like, if this is how it's going to go out, I'm going to do everything I can to come to this place and try to bring a Super Bowl to it with whatever I have left in me. And there's something powerful to that. So I don't know.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't know if this is as good of a chance as trefor Lawrence get abducted by aliens, whatever you said earlier, But I think it is interesting to talk about this sort of narrative at this time of the year.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox filling in for Dan and the guys, and coming up next here we have a date in mind. We have a date for a big decision in the world of football. We'll get into that for you next here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 5: It's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up here in a little over fifteen minutes from now, we will have what we call Lee's Leftover, starring our executive producer, Lee to Lap and who the hell knows what he's got in store for us. That'll be yours here again. A little over fifteen minutes from now. The parade in Philly is starting, I think soon if I'm not mistaken, but people are already lined up there.
Speaker 5: They've got video of an Eagles fan blowing chunks.
Speaker 2: Over the guardrail. Hit the bottle a little too early on Valentine's Day.
Speaker 5: CJ.
Speaker 2: Gardner Johnson's wearing an interesting sweatshirt to the event of the Philadelphia Eagles little play on words with the Roman numerals of the Super Bowl swifties can bleet my bleep. So I'm sure that'll land well for everybody there. So that is do they punch a police horse in Philadelphia this year?
Speaker 5: Is that you don't think they would? No? I don't know, man, it went so well the first time they did it, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that wouldn't be that wouldn't be the go to there for Eagles fans. But congratulations, they are Super Bowl champions and the team that they took care of in the Super Bowls the Kansas City Chiefs and the Kansas City Chiefs reportedly have set a quote unquote deadline for Travis Kelcey to make his decision on his future. According to The Athletic, the Chiefs have given Travis Kelty Travis kelce a March fourteenth deadline to make a decision on his future, which is interesting because he's got an eleven and a half million dollars roster bonus due on the fifteenth, So is this actually a deadline or is this just doing the math and he's got to make a decision at that point anyway, So we're just running with this.
Speaker 3: That's the best decision, guys, what you guys feel is the best decision for Travis Kelsey in this given time, come back and.
Speaker 5: Play one more year after what we saw on the field last Sunday, that's the best situation for him. Yeah, Jo, I mean, he.
Speaker 6: Doesn't have a big cap hit. I mean it's a little under twenty million, And it depends on if they want to extend it out for another year. They could lessen that if they want to make it like a year to year thing. Now they have to potentially take, you know, a cap hit in a year where he's retired or done playing. But that's the risk you take for a guy who's gonna be up the Hall of Famer if I was him, Like I always tell players, like, keep playing.
Speaker 3: You're never gonna be able to go back and do it. And I can promise you this when you are done playing, they'll be oftentimes you wish you could go back and do it. Like I know plenty of guys who are like man, I could go in for a series or that. I mean, there's plenty of those guys who do that, and look, honestly, you know, maybe there's a its Innario here too, where he talks to them and says, you know what, I'm gonna stay in shape and I'll stay ready, and if things work out next year where you start to make a run, I'll gladly be able to come in and help out and support in the second half of the season and sign then. But you know, I want to take some time off I and let my body heal. I don't think I can go through a seventeen game regular season. And I think he's earned that or at least the right to be.
Speaker 6: Able to have that conversation with Kansas City too, and that might be something that's on the table. But I look at it and say to any player, exhaust all efforts of trying to continue to play, because the transition it's difficult for most people. And even though he's got a podcast set up, and obviously his personal life is not so personal personal. It's a little more public and there's some things there, but there's nothing like playing, and you'll never be able to fill that void. You know, for a lot of guys, I feel like you feel like you're you were born to be able to go play the game of football and that specific position and I have the chance to do it, and after that, it's really hard to reinventorify that identity. So I would say exhaust all efforts of it too, because the other thing is like all the marketing money he's getting from everything else that's going on too. There'll be some of that with podcasts, but then it's kind of the next guy. It's like the next tit end that comes along. I mean like when Tom Brady retired.
Speaker 3: I think there's a lot of people who thought, oh, what's the NFL going to do?
Speaker 6: And then do we ever even worry about that now?
Speaker 3: Like don't we look at all these quarterbacks and go, yeah, I think they're in good hands. Like you got Lamar, you got Mahomes, you got Josh Allen, You've got Joe Burrowck.
Speaker 5: You have all these guys.
Speaker 6: You can point to Jalen Hurts and you go, yeah, I think the league's in a pretty good spot. So it's not going to take long for someone else to step in those shoes that Travis Kelcey leaves. So I would say, keep playing man, exhaust all efforts at it.
Speaker 3: I I you know, I agree that he should. If he wants to continue to play, he should play. And if he feels as though that's the direction he wants to go in with everything he has going on, then that's what he should do. He's playing with house money and in the most amazing way right now. I mean, he's dating arguably the hottest person in music entertainment. He's played in all kinds of just as many the same amount of games that that Patrick Mahomes earning the the title and earning the accolades that he's earned. He's playing played in those same games. You know, He's always been in the championship round. He's making it the Super Bowls, and he largely in part because of his connection with Patrick Mahomes. So I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this. If he decided he wanted to walk away today, I do not think that there is a blemish, a tarnish, any type of smear or smudge on Travis Kelsey's career and what he's represented to the league and to his franchise with the Kansas City Chief.
Speaker 2: He's played in twenty five career playoff games. It's a lot, it's a lot that puts in top ten. By the way, if you're wondering who's number one, No, this's just Tom Brady, who played in forty eight. Like if you go back to the sixteen game regular season schedule, tom Brady played an extra four years and just the playoffs in his NFL career, which is just you look at his situation and just what he did in his career, and when you get further removed from it and you just see the things he did, it's mind boggling.
Speaker 6: That's why he's a player. The level of which he was playing at the end. I don't think enough people appreciate how he was still one of the top ten quarterbacks at the end, a filipping forty five years old. And it's not only tough to have your body be able to withstand that beating and just everything he took, but just play at that high of a level for that long in your career. Everyone takes for granted that like the longevity. And I've always said this and I'll continue to say this. Tom Brady's greatest superpower to me, and I always talked about it, and he talked about processing everything else. It's probably what I don't know, maybe he'd admit it, maybe he wouldn't. To me, it's a sacrifice. Maybe that comes with his passion for the game of football and his competitiveness, but he was willing to sacrifice his off seasons and other things in his life to make the pursuit of winning Super Bowls, the pursuit of playing at a high level for the entirety of his career into forty five. He put that before everything else. And there's no other player that I think as far as when you look at their diet, how they kind of transformed over time, when you look at how hard they trained, how often they trained, like all the things they did, where their focus was during the off season. Yes, he has other things kind of going on, but he really didn't dive in a big way into social media until he got out of New England for that matter, Like he started pumping out better content like at the maybe end of his time in New England, but really once he got into Tampa and then in his post career, you know, once he sat out for a year.
Speaker 5: So I just I look at it.
Speaker 6: I think that's still to me is the one thing that I don't think there's another player that's willing to sacrifice the way he did in his personal life and everything else that he had going on out around him, maybe even in a professional manner, and to be able to be in the condition that he needed to be to play at that high of a level. And so when you look at Mahomes and we think about the loss and where that puts those two, it's hard to think that he'll be able to catch him, because it's just it's hard to think that Mahome is going to be able to play another fifteen years, and especially at the high of level like he's playing right now.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady gave up booze during the regular season too. Wouldn't drink during the entire football season, Buddy.
Speaker 6: I don't even know if he's drank much other than tequila. I mean that was kind of like his only real to.
Speaker 5: Go to, could you. I mean, that's the thing.
Speaker 6: You couldn't have a LeVar Island if that's the case. I think about that, like LeVar. You're set at the bar, Tom walks up and you're like, hey, man, let me get into LeVar. He's like, Nope, Tang, that's tough. It's tough, and he's definitely not drinking with you, Lekey well tang, although Jonas, do you like IPA? So he's not sitting out having anything with you?
Speaker 2: No, he wouldn't have anything with me, although I think it would have made his decision a little bit more difficult if he had Keeper's Heart, because Keeper's Heart is a new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating the smooth character of Irish whiskey and the bold flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you've got to try it. Drink responsibly, two pros and a cup of Joe. Filling in for the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you, and coming up Knox.
Speaker 5: Coming up next here, we are going to close my knocks. Well, listen, is that how you fail it? Coming up Knox.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are going to close up shop here on this Football Friday with something we do called Lee's Leftovers.
Speaker 1: Right here on FSR, Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. By the way, you can hear this show weekdays six to nine am Eastern Time three to six am Pacific Time Monday through Friday on Fox Sports Radio. Before the Dan Patrick Show, a reminder before we close up shop here. Shortly after the show, our podcast will be going up, so if you've missed any of today's show, be sure to check out the pod. Search Dan Patrick or two Pros wherever you get your podcast. Be sure to also follow, rate and review the pod.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 2: Just search two Pros wherever you get your podcast. You'll see this show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: Please might smell a little fun. What is incredible, but they're still good. Time to find out what's left? It's Lee's lap.
Speaker 2: A lead to lap, our executive producer, who's already stressed about the amount of time he has to fill here on this segment, Lee, what are we looking at today?
Speaker 4: Well, guys, no football. Obviously we're done with done with football, so now we get to look forward to the NBA All Star Weekend, which tips off tonight. That's right, we got the NBA All Star Friday, All Star celebrity game.
Speaker 5: City's hosting it?
Speaker 4: Uh the Bay Bay Area?
Speaker 5: Fun tang hop oh tang Uh. Yeah.
Speaker 3: If you're if you're wondering about now that we're on the subject, which professional league has the worst All Star Game?
Speaker 5: Is it the I mean it's second. We've got to be the NFL? Right yeah?
Speaker 6: Is a Major League baseball the best? Or hockey the best?
Speaker 5: It's the NFL.
Speaker 4: NFL is the worst. Hockey is different this year?
Speaker 5: The best is Major League Baseball.
Speaker 6: Baseball is the best?
Speaker 5: Right? Can I can? I Christopher here? Can I be honest?
Speaker 4: I I have liked the changes they've made to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 5: I feel like it's rising up in my rankings over the NBA All Star Game, which is just atrocious. That makes one of them.
Speaker 6: They actually still play basketball.
Speaker 5: Fair though, I mean technically yes, still basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't want to see Joe Burrow play Connect four like I want to see him actually play a game. And it's just turned into it's a total circus. The NBA All Star Game and this kills me to say is better than the NFL.
Speaker 5: All Star Game joke. But Major League Baseball is the best. Yes, I would agree.
Speaker 4: And well, now that we're on the subject, NHL that has the four Nations face off, USA crushed Finland lest Night's.
Speaker 5: Right, that's what you have about the ko Chucks. Either about the ko Chucks? What about the ko Chucks? What do you mean? What do I mean? Nun Chucks?
Speaker 3: No, the ko Chucks man could not hockey royalty. But the brothers all yeah, what I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: They had like four points they kind of like for the six goals or something like that.
Speaker 3: I need playoffs, Yeah, I just like to wait till the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 4: For this celebrity game, it's gonna be Team Barry Bonds versus Team Jerry Rice. What Jerry Rice's team has turret owns shaboozy?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: This is the celebrity game tonight for the for the NBA All Stars.
Speaker 5: Oh to play basketball?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you've got NFL All Stars like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is t o play some basketball? That's confusing as hell.
Speaker 3: I know it's Barry Bonds was a part of a dunk contest that what Dion Sanders was in.
Speaker 5: They should have.
Speaker 3: Ketrick Lamar and Drake. That's what they should have done. That's what they if they really want to be.
Speaker 5: They how do you miss that?
Speaker 3: Nerve balls and nerve ball realms for dunk contest between Brake and Kiddrick.
Speaker 2: A little mark should be sitting on top of a cake somewhere.
Speaker 5: Shoe how how short is he sits on the curve of his feet? Dangle? Dang? What does he drink out with his bill bombs? What does he drink out of the brush his teeth? Out of a thimble and a spiral?
Speaker 3: Trying to go down all the short jokes.
Speaker 5: Not doing this.
Speaker 2: I'll just say, is Barry Bonds allowed to be on the gas?
Speaker 4: He is, but technically he is the coach, so he's the coach with chains?
Speaker 5: Who are the coaches?
Speaker 4: Two Chains and Barry Bonds are on one team? Jerry Rice and some influencer of.
Speaker 5: Kate Kaby.
Speaker 4: KB Lame. His last name is Lame KB Lame.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's it. That's a made up name. That's not his government. But okay, by the way, they that hard up on cash. They got to go two change it couldn't get three. I mean that's his all right, that's his state. That was that was that was That.
Speaker 3: Was like the worst bad That was like the worst tradition.
Speaker 5: All right, tradition.
Speaker 4: Alright, we've talked bad sports, Let's talk good sports. Daytona five hundred on Fox these weekends right now. Bubba Wallace was Victoria's duel. Scared, Cole get scared. If you guys want some odds, I'll give you. How about Kyle Larson? Is that fourteen to one?
Speaker 2: Don't even waste your time listening to Lee's batting advice on Daytona.
Speaker 5: He's awful.
Speaker 4: William Byron also Team Hendricks. None of these got Chase Elliot race.
Speaker 3: Come Onny Hamlan going for his fourth Daytona.
Speaker 5: All one, worst watermelon man. Come on.
Speaker 4: If you're this kind of person and you want to bet Kyle Busch, you could do that twelve to one. He's high up there, and Joey Logano twelve to one as well.
Speaker 5: None.
Speaker 2: I swear to christ I have asked Lee to Lap at least four times because he loves NASCAR. It's lap by lap with Lee to lap. That's right, he loves it. I've asked him for betting advice. Every single time I've asked him. I haven't even gotten a top three finish.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's true.
Speaker 5: That is true. Testain on this this list, testing where's my dough the water?
Speaker 4: Twenty two to one?
Speaker 5: Take him? Oh yeah, Ross.
Speaker 4: Right there with bowl? Yeah, who's sitting in the pool?
Speaker 5: Check some mask? Ross? Oh yeah, drive that call? Hey, who's the who's the favorite? Who's the favorite? Driving a Toyota?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, drive that car?
Speaker 5: Laney drive Toyota, Lazy drive Toyota.
Speaker 4: Denny Hamlin, Denny Hamlin's up there. Yeah, Denny's going for his fourth fourth Daytona win.
Speaker 5: He's going to get comeback driver of the year. What a call?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why don't you put that in your exhaust pipe? Spoke later?
Speaker 7: Lee?
Speaker 5: Can you can you give? Can you give a winner here? Please?
Speaker 2: Like tour, give two or three that you that you think are going to be winners here.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna give you reigning champion William Byron.
Speaker 5: God, that doesn't sound like a winner.
Speaker 2: It does not sound like just the sound of it doesn't doesn't know you missed me with that, Lee.
Speaker 4: Kyle Larson also Team Hendricks May fourteen. It's a chance, and then I'll give you Denny Hamlin. Denny Hamlin twelfth. Okay, also a chance those are my top three if you want to.
Speaker 5: I'm not with you, Lee?
Speaker 6: What else? Did you have anything else?
Speaker 1: Lee?
Speaker 4: Che chest Ain's a good one.
Speaker 5: You're crashing out, Lee, I'm crashing out? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: I'm going going strong?
Speaker 5: It's s n L fifty this weekend.
Speaker 4: I got that, we got a homecoming concert, you got an anniversary special.
Speaker 5: No, Lane, No.
Speaker 3: We want to hear about you wearing your peak coat and then swindling people. I'm looking right your your your liquor. I think I found where I'm staying tonight. I'm staying where are you staying at?
Speaker 4: The at the hotel that also has the rotating lounge downtown Los Angeles, just just down the street rotating bit. You know it's gonna have one.
Speaker 3: Can we just go back to over the financial component of this little the week that you've had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm losing.
Speaker 3: So you you rented out your place and it's on the market, ye to sell, but you rent it out for the month, right, But he rented it out because of a breakup. No, well no, they they couldn't sell it, so they're trying to get any sort of cash flow. But they were initially posting it because of breaking up initially Yes, sure, parting ways, sure, yes, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 6: So you read it out and then now you're basically dipping into whatever profits you're making office through, right, or you're losing money reading it?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, it's an awful Yes, it was an awful decision. You're losing money renting.
Speaker 6: Yes, So not only are you losing money on actually running it out, you're spending more money.
Speaker 4: And by the way, so camp I was trying to go caps the question.
Speaker 5: So you were doing that on necessity? Good?
Speaker 6: Have you paid off your Fantasy league winners yet? Because you were the commissioner Upper League and you took all of the pots.
Speaker 3: Did you did you use it's paying for Valentine's Oh my gosh, Oh my god, I forgot about that.
Speaker 5: You were trusted to.
Speaker 3: Oh I was hoping I'd win squares this weekend. Uncover was one point off a conspiracy theory. That is a mass proportion that is ridiculously to that that is true. That's I'm bad.
Speaker 4: I think it should be replaced.
Speaker 5: He spent all your debts off? Dude, didn't Bernie made off do this? Isn't that?
Speaker 3: How that started, probably to a higher degree, but I think he started it with a fantasy league and he fraud Dan, you're on to me.
Speaker 5: You gotta pay them at something. We're on to me when he's come knocking. Oh not yet, not yet. Because you're homeless.
Speaker 3: I don't know what are they gonna find you?
Speaker 5: Dollar timesday? Everyone, don't be like le to lap you scam artestly. Oh my gosh, ly, that's ridiculous, bro. Good luck to you.