Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two on this Monday, Best and Worst of the weekend. What you saw that you liked you didn't like, Operator Tyler's standing by. Good morning. If you're watching this program. Our streaming partner is Peacock. Our radio affiliates around the country, including iHeartRadio and Fox Sports Radio. Broncos at the Bills coming up tonight. The Broncos are getting seven points and if you're curious about the over under, it's forty seven and a half. Iowa football, Iowa did it again. The under shut out Rutgers twenty two to nothing. They had the ball inside the ten and had a chance to score. Had they scored, they would have surpassed the over under. But nope. Hey, this is a offensive explosion for Iowa football. They had twenty two points and I thought Rutgers football was back. Iowa is in the Big Ten title picture. As strange that may sound, Yeah, what's their record.
Speaker 3: They're eighty two and with that punt return that should have given, they should be nine and one, and right now they're on pace to be in the Big Ten title game versus Michigan or Ohio steam.
Speaker 2: The odds from DraftKings. Your national champion is Michigan right now, followed by Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, and Oregon. We'll find out probably later on today what's the next step for Michigan and then how the Big Ten counteracts that. After what happened over the weekend. Texas A and M needs a new head coach. Jimbo Fisher. He got a golden parachute. Maybe platinum. What's the uh? This is the biggest you know, payout that we've ever had with a college coach by far, for so a golden parachute feels like it needs to be diamond encrusted parachute.
Speaker 4: There, Definitely platinum or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. Texan's over the Bengals. You know, that's where the Texans didn't blink. You're playing in Cincinnati. Bengals have been playing well and c. J. Stroun had his moments where he was really good at a couple of bad moments there, or potentially bad moments, but they ended up winning. And now you have to look at the Texans as a legitimate threat to win that division. Niners roll the Jags, Browns beat the Ravens, and the Lions over the Chargers. I was looking at this when you look at the AFC North right now, and it's the most competitive division in football. But so you have the Browns last second. They trailed for over fifty nine minutes of that game. The Baltimore Ravens are seven to three. Cleveland is six and three, Pittsburgh is six and three, Cincinnati is a dangerous five and four. Week eleven Bengals at the Ravens. That's Thursday night, Steelers at the Browns on Sunday. It's like they're cannibalizing each other. But man, that is a competitive headtive division. Yeah, PAULI, I.
Speaker 3: Got a game to look forward to January seventh, Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens. Flex that one in national TV that could be for the playoffs for the division.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin is the coach of the year? Candidacy is that over Demiko Ryans? Has it is that one?
Speaker 2: Well, it's like Dion was coach of the year in the first month of the season. Deon's not the coach of the year. They lost again. They have to win their last two games if he's going to be Bowl eligible this year. But you know, We tend to hand out those awards in the first month of the seat. We hand out the Heisman every year September and we're like, oh, where did that guy go? Jamiko Ryan's done a wonderful John Yes. Uh, you know, here's a defensive player, former defensive player, and the defense is better. Bengals had a chance. Joe Burrow had a couple of big plays there. They had a big drop there as well. But you got to win that game. But give credit, give credit where it's deserved in that team. Uh into Cincinnati. Also, TJ. Watt had his eighty eighth career sack. That is second most sacks by a player in his first one hundred NFL games. Only Reggie White has more. If your name is ever mentioned with Reggie White and it has to do with a defensive stat, you're doing really well. He surpassed his brother, JJ had eighty seven and a half. TJ had his eighty eighth career sack. Stat of the day stat of the day. That past stat of the day stat of the.
Speaker 5: Day here comes that what stat of the day?
Speaker 2: Five games decided by a made field goals time expired. That's the most in a single day in NFL History stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Also Dan's Deals. Make sure you sign up. These are great. Love being a part of this. It's our Black Friday before Black Friday. We're able to partner with new brands that we love, and all the deals are at least fifty percent off, some sixty or even more. If you missed out on the Mother's Day deals that we have, you'll love this. We'll help you with your holiday shopping. Sign Up for the DP Show newsletter and do so by Wednesday of this week. You'll get first access to the savings. Sign up Danpatrick dot com. Enter your email address in the box that slides out bottom right corner pull. Question for hour two is what let's recap what we had an hour one? Seedan well, Dan? For hour one, we just put up there who had the worst weekend? Texas A and M or Jimbo Fisher.
Speaker 4: I like we're laughing at others when yeah, I mean it's I don't know that we're laughing at misery of anyone here. Jimbo Fisher is insanely rich, and Texas A and M is like Oh, well, I guess we have to get a new coach. I mean, I don't know if it's that bad. Aults are still pending on that one. I'm going to put up actually a series of these who had the worst weekend? Jim Harbaugh or Big Ten commissioner Tony Petiti. I don't think that that's cutting dry. Actually, here's one which weekend was more fun? The college football weekend or the NFL. They were both great. They're both great. Feels like the NFL always wins. Yeah, but this was something special in college football.
Speaker 2: Okay, but what's the game that stands out the actual game itself? Because Harbaugh gave us drama on Friday and Saturday. The game wasn't good.
Speaker 4: North Carolina too.
Speaker 3: The good ones are Miami, Florida State, Utah, Washington, even US. The Oregon was solid, yeah, but they weren't great. Now Texas, they had a series.
Speaker 2: Of close games like A and M fires their coach after a win and Harbaugh gets off the plane and realizes he's been suspended. That's pretty much the highlights of the football this week. Yeah, nothing like watching a coach get off a plane and realize he's been suspended. Can we do that in slow motion.
Speaker 3: They had reporters out there when Harbaugh's standing with his little staff.
Speaker 5: Oh no, you wish you had one of those things.
Speaker 3: Remember those things you could hear audio from one hundred yards away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, next Sunday night, Vikings battle Russell Wilson and the Broncos Sunday seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock.
Speaker 6: Well, it's primetime games for Denver. They had big plans for our group this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think they thought Sean Payton what well, Okay, let's see what happens second half of the season. They're they're not an embarrassment after allowing seventy points to the Dolphins. Let's see like this is one of those games. All right, Let's see what you do tonight against Buffalo and maybe they're just going to be an average team.
Speaker 6: This goes well, six and eleven.
Speaker 2: You beat the Chiefs a couple of weeks ago when you didn't believe and I told you they were going to have to.
Speaker 6: Losing from sixteen straight times, it's time to believe it.
Speaker 2: I know. I'm watching the Raiders and Jets last night, and then at one point, like my mind couldn't even process it. It was just so bad and like my eyes are blurry just because I'm like, I'm just watching bad football, and I like how you know the Raider nation is excited about. I mean, you beat the Jets at home and the Jets were a half point favorite.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, Antonio peers culture change.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, here's Antonio Piers, the interim head coach, after the Raiders big win over the Jets.
Speaker 7: Our fans, they kept us in the game, their energy, their passion, their support throughout. That's what energized our guys are in And then if you watched at the very last thirty seconds, I think you saw our entire minch up on the sideline, rooting on our defense talking DeVante right next to me, Josh Jacobs. I mean, all those guys are sitting there just rallying the troops. That's what this culture is about. It's about team.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys are supposed to be good. You once again, you have an elite running back, elite wide receiver, elite edge rusher. How many teams have that and how many of those teams are playoff teams? You guys should be good. You barely beat the Jets by the way, Robert Sala, don't die the beard, don't don't do it, don't do it, don't do it. Once you start, like Ryan Day at Ohio State.
Speaker 4: He looked a lot like Ryan Day walking out there.
Speaker 2: You can't. Once you start, you never get to stop. Meanwhile, Aaron Rodgers out there, he's got you know, Gray and his beard, Robert Sala. Once you start, then all of a sudden, it's every day where you're going. Let me tell you this is coming from experience, having dyed my hair at the mother Ship and you're like, God, this looks stupid, but you.
Speaker 4: Keep doing it. Once you start it, then you can't stop. Yes, yes, Antonio Pierce keeps getting wins.
Speaker 2: That's two wins.
Speaker 4: Okay, but those are the only two that he could have gotten. Right, if he keeps winning, say they beat what they have the Dolphins next, that's a quality win. To beat an overrated Dolphins team, that is a quality win.
Speaker 2: Let me see it happen. Let's have this discussion next week. And then if they beat the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: And they have the Chiefs, okay, all right, Vikings, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Broncos, they have some there's some dubs. How Is it going to be hard to not hire him? Just given how he's He's very present, more so than a normal interim coaches. He's much more out front playing, you know, doing great and getting.
Speaker 2: Great sound and that's important.
Speaker 4: It's and a personality that clearly players and fans are rallying around. Is it going to be more difficult to not hire him versus other interim head coaches they've had.
Speaker 2: Well, they did this to Rich Bisantia. Nobody cares. The players did, yeah, but the players right in the locker room. The players were like, oh, we love this guy, and everybody else is like, who cares? But now Antonio Pierce is right out front and he's like, man, I grew up like this.
Speaker 4: I'm from Compton. Every SoundBite is exactly right. People are rooting for this dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're saying that nobody cared outside the locker room, that's because they got John Gruden. If you don't get John Gruden, then you're probably gonna go. Like if you followed up with Bill Belichick, Bill Belichick is not going to go. Now we're looking at landing spots for Bill Belichick, and there are some college football analyst insiders who I have great respect for But when I see Belichick to the Cowboys and I go, could you imagine that they couldn't coexist if Jerry didn't like Jimmy getting credit? And you bring Bill in there Washington, the Bears know there's probably another team in there that you know, Bill might have a landing spot. I don't know, Yes, Tod.
Speaker 6: Doesn't the commanders make sense. They can go to DC and say a bunch of nothing like all the politicians.
Speaker 5: That would be a perfect place.
Speaker 2: Todd's with us today, first appearance. Appreciate that got his Bronco gear on. Ready to go big night tonight. Let's go big night, big time. Yeah, let's right, let me get some phone calls here. Best and worst of the weekend, Buddha, thanks for holding lead us off. Best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 5: What up?
Speaker 8: DP?
Speaker 9: Good morning boys? Thank you Todd? Any given Sunday, Dan, Yesterday was a lot of fun. But Dan, the way I see it, there's no better time to go and have dinner with Shay in Irving, not Shae and Irving than this week.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: I mean, cowboys destroyed the lowly giants. Morale's got to be it at all time high. So, but best of the weekend Dan Chase Young and Nick Posa reunited as me and Marvin Ziners just dominated the Jags on the road. We had I don't know if he saw this xample, We had Jag dbs making business decisions and running away from for fear from a blocking Trent William. That was pretty hilarious. And in the great words of Mark Grace DP, the Niners just needed a good old fashioned slumpbuster and write the ship and get back in the win column. And uh, worse of the weekend in it's a pol question, who'd you feel worse for this weekend? Robert Kraft who became a meme over the weekend, Mac Jones, little Billy Belichick, or Europe in general for having to watch that mess.
Speaker 5: They seemed to be excited.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they were like piping in crowd noise to make it seem like they were really excited. Maybe they didn't understand everything that they were seeing. But I felt bad for Mac Jones. I did. He looked like just a little kid on the sidelines getting scolded by Bill O'Brien and then then you bench him. I mean, you can come back from this, but that's just one of those standalone humiliated because if that game was on yesterday at one o'clock, nobody's watching that, but standalone game, you're watching NFL Network, And I just thought Mac Jones got sent he got a timeout, he got sent to his room and didn't get dinner.
Speaker 5: Yes, Marvin, Oh, I hated watching that because if I was Mac, Bill, what the hell have you done?
Speaker 2: Well? No, he can say I've I've done everything. I'm the greatest, I'm the greatest coach of all time.
Speaker 5: No, Bill O'Brien, Oh, Bill O'Brien, O'Brien was, I mean, he was gold like Bill Belichick probably just gave him a look Bill O'Brien, I mean, like a angry pain.
Speaker 2: Palent check didn't even turn around. He's looking at like whatever, you know, stuff he had on his sheet there, and he got his headset sort of on. Meanwhile, right behind him, you know, Mac Jones getting dressed down.
Speaker 8: Yes to.
Speaker 6: It's hard to feel bad for Craft and Belichick. They got all these rings, they got legacy, all kinds of bucks. That's of the three of them, it's got to be Mac Jones sitting there with a dunce cap.
Speaker 2: On Chad and Salt Lake City. Hi Chad, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 10: Before I get to Best and Worst, Buddhaus, Mark Grace was another sports radio show, So keep your keep your you know itinerary straight. And my Hawks are not gone. We will be there the rest of the season, So niners beware. Best of the Weekend University Washington Huskies won. Worst of the Weekend University Washington Huskies won. My wife is a ute sand And like the iconic movie you were in, Dan, being a blended family is not always easy.
Speaker 2: Thank you Jet, Thank you Jet.
Speaker 5: What was the Mark Grace radio show?
Speaker 2: Thing wouldn't Mark Grace Radio show lives on to?
Speaker 4: I missed the jingle era of Oh that was terrible, that damn Patrick.
Speaker 6: Radio.
Speaker 4: I hated that FuG in the morn, didn't.
Speaker 2: I remember we had a guy at the Mothership and he was so proud of those jingles, and we were in a meeting and then he goes, okay, and uh, here's your jingle the Damn Patrick Show. And then you're and then when you're watching somebody and seeing how they're reacting, and you're you're almost trying to coach them. So he's like looking at me going good. They were good, right and right, and I went, okay, you don't love it? I go hmm no, no, not jingle guy, non jingle guy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always feel like I always wonder what the singers like. There's there's a group of professional singers out there and they get the call like, what do you guys got to do?
Speaker 5: We got to do a jingle for the.
Speaker 3: Dan Patrick Show And they go and damn Patrick or that was that Pepto bismal commercial. And they've got these nice singers upset stuffic diarrhea and they're doing all the singing.
Speaker 4: Ass They're like like, I got the part. I got the part of the commercial. I went on the addition, oh really, what is it? I'm one of the singing dancing people with the diarrhea song.
Speaker 5: I crushed it.
Speaker 4: What isn't there that law's a heartburn in the distance, Let's say something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the one where uhz fizz.
Speaker 3: No did humera band where they can't make it on because the girls having issues?
Speaker 2: Not everything?
Speaker 3: Skyasis sky Rizzy gris almost sounds like a word.
Speaker 2: It feels like they throw letters together for the latest product and you're going, what is this.
Speaker 3: You take a word that kind of sounds like a word, and then a bunch of gibberish like sun plexus. Sun is nice, everyone loves son sun plexus. Getting side effects.
Speaker 4: Are my favorite one is there's one right now for like hot flashes for women going through uh, you know, menoplause, and one of the side effects of the medicine is hot flashes. Verbatim. It's literally the reason why you're taking it is because a hot flash or not flash. Well, a lot side eff side effects include hot flashes.
Speaker 2: How the hell am I supposed to know?
Speaker 5: Then? See mattrap Byfizer.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, just call it liketh room or something like that, so you know exactly what the problem is. What you're doing with you don't have to try to guess is some kind of mab at the end of it, something.
Speaker 4: Mab saw somebody say once that well this is a little this maybe a little inappropriate, but that gone rhea should be like anti diarrhea medicine. It's gone gone ARIEA.
Speaker 5: Okay, that makes sense totally.
Speaker 4: Yea, yeah, it should be like, oh I got diarrhea, take goneereea. Now it's gone Finally gonerea works out for me. They really messed up the naming there. How about we take a break here? Tweets of all to take a break. We're back after this from the Dan Patrick Dan Patrick Show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 11: Listen to cotories. I'm Darren Waller. You may know me best as a tied end for the New York Giants. You may also know me for my story of overcoming addiction and alcoholism. You may have heard a few of my tracks as an artist or a producer, and you may have seen the work that I've done through my foundation. And you may know my friend and co host Donnie Starkins as well. He's a mindfulness teacher, a yoga instructor, a life coach, a man fully invested in seeing people reach their fullest potential. And We've come to form this platform of Comeback Stories to really highlight not only our own adversity, but adversity in the lives of well known guests with amazing stories. Catch us every week on Comeback Stories on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Michael McCann, he's a legal expert. He just tweeted out about Texas A and M. The buyout for Jimbo Fisher is roughly seventy seven million dollars. And then he goes on to say where on earth will these schools get the money to pay these players? A little snark there. He also says that if you think the Big ten Michigan court battle is chaotic, remember these institutions are part of a much larger system facing antitrust litigation, the National Labor Relation Board charges over recognizing athletes as employees sharing TV money with them. When it comes to chaos, this is just a warm up act. That's a legal expert. Michael mckinn. We'll get some phone calls in here, best and worst of the weekend. Marvin sends me a text over the weekend. Hey, Mi, Alma mater wants to do a story on me and I go okay, So Connecticut wants to send somebody in. Is it like a documentary, is it a magazine piece? Is it a newspaper article? And then Marvin says, you know, they want to come in and they want to spend the whole day, and I said, was this sort of your last dance? So you're gonna is it a Michael Jordan type documentary that they're doing on you?
Speaker 5: And then I'm going to have like a Scottie Pippott as character. Okay, you know what?
Speaker 2: And Isaiah Thomas I got a couple of little Yeah, so where where is this?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 5: It's a Yukon magazine and they just want to do an article on me.
Speaker 4: What's your buddy's name, Smush? Didn't you have a buddy named like oh Goo Goo?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Goo is going to be the Pippen.
Speaker 4: Like cat and be like, man, Marvin's a punk?
Speaker 2: How much time do they need to do this Marvin? I mean it's a magazine.
Speaker 5: That's a great question. I'm not sure people have done articles on you. What's the longest somebody spent with you?
Speaker 2: I don't know, a couple of days. Fritzy's got a title for the magazine.
Speaker 6: Oh I overheard someone say that small Hands on Deck. Is that what they're going with or that's just a working title.
Speaker 3: I'm nice, yes, So now we all have to rehearse we ought to say nice complimentary things about Marvin?
Speaker 5: Should we a sign out?
Speaker 3: So we don't are redundant quotes like I want to be like he was there every day, really good morale guy, always having fun. I'd like to call that one if I can't, Okay, And then you guys have to do your own and Dan, you could say, kind of the origins of Marvin and seat and you've worked with him before and different things.
Speaker 2: I gotta sit down. They go, hey, we need some time with Dan, and I go, no, just no, just do the article. You know what, I'm gonna write something up for you. Yeah, how about a quote? Wow, they don't make him like Marvin. We're really lucky to have him. He he's a great team player.
Speaker 5: And m yeah, Marv, are you gonna say I'm a good locker room guy? Good locker room guy, like he doesn't contribute to the actual of the show. He was just a good locker room guy. Yeah, okay, yeah, yes.
Speaker 6: It could be like a movie review like versatile, reliable, thumbs.
Speaker 5: Up Hollywood player.
Speaker 2: All right, So when when's this documentary taking place?
Speaker 5: Are Marlon They said they were coming in on Wednesday?
Speaker 2: What time are they coming in Wednesday?
Speaker 5: They said they want to come in like eight thirty. Is this like a deep dive. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I must tell you what's Yukon magazine?
Speaker 5: Guys? I mean, they don't just wip these together. It's lighting and stuff.
Speaker 4: Is this Yukon Magazine's person of the year?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, if you're on the cover of the magazine, then they can come in at eight thirty in the morning. But if not, if you're just going to be like a small little article, like they have to warrant coming in and spending four hours with us.
Speaker 4: It's Marvin's world standing like this, arms folded on the cover.
Speaker 2: Oh, I like it. You can stop him, you can only you can only hope to contain him. Ok you cunt, you didn't buy it to that one. You went okay, okay, okay, yeah, bloop all right, yeah, okay, well thank you. I'll take the bloop. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Picture of Marvin on the cover, the little hands that stir the drink, Marvin Prince runs the Dan Patrick showing embrace it.
Speaker 4: The man behind the man.
Speaker 2: Okay, capital T capital ze yes, yes, no longer available in stores, Marvin Prince.
Speaker 5: He's moved on to the question.
Speaker 2: Uh, tim kind of husky?
Speaker 4: Whoa Hey, you can't say that.
Speaker 2: No, it's gonna be great, Marvin. We promise we're gonna we're gonna say some great things.
Speaker 4: About you, from prince to a king.
Speaker 2: We we do oh o kindness. Okay, Blue Blue Tim and Maine joins us on the program. Good morning, Tim. Best and worst of the weekend, Hey.
Speaker 12: Dan five seven. I'm not sure how to follow all that great up with Marvin, but best of the weekend would be my vikings on a nice hot streak, really doing great, love the culture O'Connell's building. Everything's going well there. Worst of the week danil Hunter got called for hands of the face while his helmet got ripped off. And I can't really say I've seen that before. So that was the worst. And then just a quick note for you guys.
Speaker 5: I'll keep it very brief.
Speaker 12: Up here in Maine, a couple of weeks ago, we had a pretty serious situation.
Speaker 5: And down the road was where.
Speaker 12: It all happened, a half mile from us to suspect with an active shooter situation that was all over the news. We were sitting in lockdown, and I just wanted to thank you guys. We were sitting in lockdown and we had nothing better to do than to watch old videos of you guys and laugh. So we had a blast kind of reminiscing and listening to you guys while we're in a pretty serious situation.
Speaker 5: So just want to thank you guys.
Speaker 12: For everything you do, because we really love listening as a family.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Tim. Yeah, I was up in that area and that weekend and ran in to Homeland Security, and boy, when you stay at the same hotel as Homeland Security, you feel pretty pretty secure. But there was a football game that was played, I think last weekend, and these were rivals, but they came together really for the greater good of the community there, and I've read a couple of articles on it. It's really really well done. Josh in California, Hi, Josh, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 2: Hey Josh.
Speaker 13: Hey, I got our best and the best of the weekend. But first a quick question.
Speaker 8: What's wrong with taking points?
Speaker 13: All these teams are I mean, it's like fourth and you know how we are, and they're just going for it no matter what.
Speaker 5: I guess it just happened.
Speaker 2: You know, that's when analytics invades the NFL and then all of a sudden, you know, Doug Peterson started this. It feels like It's like every time you know lines are going to do it, there are just certain teams that they just get chargers, they're just going to do it. And I always feel like when you leave points out there, it always comes back to'll haunt you. It feels like always what else do you have? Josh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, So that's the weekend, Like tim My Vikings, you know, we're training the right way. We got two winnable games going into Dubai, So eight and four isn't too uh isn't too far off because I think that we both need to win both of those games, because we got the Lions twice and at Cincinnati. And then my best, my more best of the weekend is commute the jagis spent ten years since he won, and he lost his daughter, and he had some really poignant things I ought to say, and uh in his press conference and uh, there are about his tattoos and once had positive energy and one said attitude. It was just all about the things that you can control and uh, and he kind of compared golf with life and I thought it was a really good, uh, really good press conference.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Josh. I saw a feature on Camillo Uh talking about his daughter when she was sick and uh, then losing her and just you know, you're trying to go out there and still do your job. But now it's easier said than done. Sometimes we look at something and you get away from something by going to work that we're thankful. I know when I was going through my health issues, I had something to go to as opposed to just sitting around, and I was very fortunate even though I was going to work and I would look at these guys, but still it was a positive ish type day every time I came in to see it's so hurtful. You did ask, though, Todd, all the time, how I was doing? I did, Yeah, you did you met well minimum kindness?
Speaker 6: You got to check the box.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I actually all right, I'll say this. Todd had he has his notepad and he has like little strips of paper sometimes that are separate. And I saw him one time it said, ask Dan how he's feeling. It was a reminder, and I said, okay, I get very forgetful sometimes and I thought, all right, you needed a reminder to ask me how I was feeling.
Speaker 6: And then I wrote that exactly what time I said it because I like to just keep track of everything of my notebook.
Speaker 5: I'm twenty three.
Speaker 2: I have On Thursday, I asked him how you feeling?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys ever struggle with that if you have a friend who has let's say, a chronic illness or a situation where it's the biggest thing in their life. I kind of sounds lean the way of like avoiding the issue and having fun and try to ignore it.
Speaker 5: But other people like, how are you? How you doing? You talk about it? And do you guys?
Speaker 3: My brother in law is sick for years, and every time someone bring it up, you're like, man, I deal with this all day. I don't really want to do twenty mili minutes on my treatments and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you don't ask, then there's part of you it's like do I Maybe he doesn't think I care, And then if you do ask, he's tired of talking about it. And sometimes you'll do this with a friend. I have a friend who's battling cancer and I he says, people come up to him and say, hey, how you feeling, and then he goes. Sometimes you'll just say I've got cancer, but people keep moving on like oh okay, yeah, what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 2: How you feeling? I have cancer?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you doing this week at?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 2: How about some beers?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Those jets? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Mark. You know, in general, when you ask somebody how they're doing, you really don't want to know how they're doing. No, you just hey, Paul, how's it going good?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: And yeah, like, oh man, you know I'm going through a tough like, man, I really want to.
Speaker 2: A lot of times you'll ask how somebody is just so you can tell them how you are. You know, it's like, hey, how you doing? I have cancer? Yeah? You know, I've been bothered by this tennis elbow. Man, it's really affecting me. Yes time, the response is do you really want to know? Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't want to know. I do say that.
Speaker 2: I did say that, you know, because stuff I was going through, And I go do you really want to know? And then they go some would say no, and I go good.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm like I never have anything to say like, hey, how's it going good? Never really like it's ever terrible as it never awesome. It's always kind of like, yeah, pretty good. Let's you know, go to work here today, working on some other stuff done, cares got soccer kind of the same as it's been for the last year seven years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, unless you have a great story like you were attacked by a shark the night before, there's really nothing else to say than fine, okay, and you just want to kind of move on. It's just pleasantr. No one really wants to details of what's going on with you.
Speaker 2: Thanks unfortunate. That's minimum kindness.
Speaker 12: What it is?
Speaker 2: That's your motto? Ryan in Ohio Joints is Hi, Ryan, went's on your mind? Today?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 8: Five eleven, Dad bod two twenty. I got a best and a bester. My best is the Steelers one again somehow. Yeah, and my best is we're heading to Mexico in a few days for a nice little vacation. My question is, with the whole Michigan scandal, don't you think it would hurt the program more to suspend the post C and the DC versus our ball miss in a few games.
Speaker 2: I think it's a fair point, but the punishment does call for the head coach to be suspended. Somebody got some kind of information here from Connor's stallions. I mean, why else would he do what he was doing If he wasn't sharing in that and then he got hired full time, why did he resign if he didn't do anything wrong. But I have to believe the offensive and defensive coordinators got some kind of information out of this. Otherwise, why would you do it?
Speaker 5: Where you go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have people who videotape and I secretly to code and I stay in my room and it's fun. But I don't share this information with anybody. Obviously he did. Obviously somebody saw something in him to go, we're going to make you full time. But do I think that he is getting people to scout for Michigan on the road when all he asks is get in this position? I'm buying seats. The guy makes fifty five thousand dollars a year. Somebody else is probably paying for those seats, and that person who would be videotaping this and then giving that to Connor Stallions. I'm just applying logic with this, and sometimes that's dangerous to do. People normally don't do that. I'm just I'm looking at this just logically. Why would this happen? How did this happen? Who knew when this happened? Why did you resign? Oh, you didn't want to be a distraction. Okay, I'm guessing that's an excuse here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul, if you go to Big ten dot org, they've got the entire blueprint of what's the correspondence between the Big ten in Michigan over the past two weeks.
Speaker 5: You could read it.
Speaker 3: You can read the accusations and Connor Stallions we remember were asking how could be on the sidelines of a Michigan game and at these places he was. They say he was hiring people four games in twenty twenty one, twelve games and twenty twenty two. In every game this year, Connor Stallions bought a ticket, now who knows.
Speaker 5: Who paid for it.
Speaker 3: Then he transferred that ticket to another individual. That individual videotape.
Speaker 2: But then you're paying that person to videotape the entire.
Speaker 3: Game for sure, and it said it's Big ten teams non Big ten teams, and then Connor Stallions would get the information do what he wanted to do with it, prep for the next weekend game for missions.
Speaker 2: But that's what I want to know. What did you get and who did you give it to and how long have you been doing that? Maybe we'll get a little bit more this week they can get a I guess a temporary restraining order. How about Harball and Judge Judy. Yes, Harball and the Big Ten Commissioner, Judge Judy. Let's take a break. We'll give you our best and worst to the weekend.
Speaker 1: Right after this, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We will give you our best in worst of the weekend. Coming up here in a moment. Brett in West Virginia, Good morning, Brett, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 9: Good morning?
Speaker 12: My best of the weekend is our Dan Patrick on Donners, Drive, Ins and Dives.
Speaker 5: Yeap on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it aired on Friday night. I haven't seen it. Brett did an awesome job, Okay, because I I worried. I even said to Guy Fieri, I said, I'm having fun, but I hope I don't come off as a jerk to him.
Speaker 4: Does everyone get your sense of humor in this episode?
Speaker 2: Dan, I don't think they do. Oh really, But but you know, Guy kept kind of pushing me to have fun and you know, be even more over the top. But yeah, I'm in diners, drive ins and dives. Yes, what type of restaurant? Was it? Greek? Okay? Yeah, it was in a Greek restaurant in uh Fairfield, Oh, Fairfield, I think Fairfield Stamford area. Okay, but it was great.
Speaker 5: You poke, bust some chops a little bit, yes, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And my wife once again reminded me, not everybody gets your sense of humor, and I go, I know, huh, I know. Hopefully Guy Fieri does, but you know, maybe his audience is like, why is this guy poking?
Speaker 8: You know on it?
Speaker 2: Guy? The guy was encouraging me to do that. So I haven't seen the episode yet. All right, Todd best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 6: Making his first start for the Fighting A Line I QB. John Paddick complete twenty four to thirty six passes for five hundred and seven yards. Four TV's against Indiana forty eight forty five victory in overtime. Worst even get to Oklahoma State. After an impressive bedlam victory of Oklahoma, they lay a.
Speaker 5: Huge egg at Central Florida. Final score Nights forty five the Cowboys three.
Speaker 2: What I'm watching that game and I thought that they had screwed up the scoreboard and then I go, oh my god, how does that? Now that's a letdown. I know it's a big game and you want to win the Battle of Bedlam, but damn you're the Fife and drum Bugle Corps against Central Florida.
Speaker 4: All right, Seaton, My best of the Weekendstrod again, kid is bawling.
Speaker 2: He is bawling out.
Speaker 5: He is bawling. Good for him.
Speaker 4: And it shouldn't always just be like and look at Bryce Young like they don't have to be linked all the time.
Speaker 2: But CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud is having a hell of a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My worst of the weekend is the Jaguars. That is just unfortunate. Absolutely Laden egg that when you want to be a big boy team, you got to show up in big boy games.
Speaker 2: That our buddy Nick Wright kept, you know, saying all the Jags, who's with me with the Jags? And I was like, nobody's with you with the Jags. I want them to be good, but they're just they're not ready for some reason. You go, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 5: I'll get there.
Speaker 2: I think. I think, yeah, yeah, did you give me both best and worst? I did?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And wasn't there a like just before this weekend it was Hey, super Bowl, we're looking Jags.
Speaker 5: Could this be a super for the field?
Speaker 2: It comes back to the surest thing in the NFL is still Patrick Mahomes and the Jeeves.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, we throw up a degree of difficulty, like Tyreek Hill gets traded. Offensive line is bad, got a bunch of young kids on the defense. Taylor Swift is now coming into the game, and you know, with Travis Kell.
Speaker 4: They're trying to think that might be real. By the way, it is real now, oh you finally, you know, I think it started as a bit. I think it's gotten real now though.
Speaker 2: It's love and you love love.
Speaker 4: No, you know what, I kind of loved seeing them kiss. It was a really sweet moment. It was it was a really sweet like, look at these two.
Speaker 2: I always think of these moments and then I always fast forward to how's the breakup going to happen?
Speaker 4: That doesn't sound like someone who loves love. But I love love, But I also I love breakups more well. They lead to great songs. Now, if you said to Taylor Swift, You'll never ever, ever ever write another hit song, but you're going to be in love or damn you got a couple of good albums.
Speaker 2: Coming up here? You know when this, uh, when you two break up, I mean nobody's you know, Hollywood, that kind of atmosphere, it's hard to stay together, yeah, Paul.
Speaker 3: But they're at the right point in their lives.
Speaker 5: They're over.
Speaker 3: They're both of our thirty that twenty two, right, I think they're both over thirty.
Speaker 2: But people in Hollywood, yeah, I mean Brad Pitt and Angelina jo Lee were old enough to know, or maybe they weren't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no, what do you think they argue about who's better looking?
Speaker 3: Like what's going on there?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It is pretty wild though, that they can trade off days and be like, so tonight i'm working, you want to come see me playing front of seventy five thousand people? Sure, Okay, tonight I'm working.
Speaker 2: You want to come to me see playing.
Speaker 4: For the twenty five thirty seventy five thousand people?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: So they both have serious jobs, so they have to like support each other, but they can't be together three sixty five.
Speaker 4: But that's a good thing, yes, wild man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but imagine you're Travis Kelcey and she's playing at this sold out stadium in Argentina. They're going crazy for her. Crazy and that's your girlfriend up there singing yeah, like what a power trip that must be.
Speaker 4: And then she mentions you yeah, and you immediately go like mcaulay culkin, hands to the side of your face. She changed the lyrics and he tried to be cool and yeah, but he was like, oh, yeah. First of all, he always wears something that you're going to notice him, You're going to find him, you're gonna see. There's nothing subdued about what he wears.
Speaker 2: It's like you're six ' five and you're wearing something that everybody in the stadium knows that you're there.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I like that too.
Speaker 4: They have all these like say, the little video clips of them, I don't know, either before the concert, after the concert or whatever, and they'll be like getting into her like suv and he'll open the door or insecurity is right there, and Travis will be like thank you. And the comments are like, oh my god, he's security.
Speaker 2: She has to keep him, she has to keep him.
Speaker 5: He thanks security.
Speaker 2: This one's a keeper.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: He held the door for him. He held the door for anything.
Speaker 4: Security. He's a very nice person. This is clearly a good one.
Speaker 2: But I give him credit because he embraced the chaos of what this is. Where other boyfriends would be like, I don't want to go out and deal with this stuff. Kelsey's like, let's go out, let's be seen.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah, let's let's ride.
Speaker 2: Good for him, that's right. Final hour on the way More best and worst of the weekend Fritzy Seaton, Marv Paulie and Yours Truly