Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and we've got a brand new second date today.
Speaker 2: And it's really proof why you need to keep your car clean.
Speaker 1: You know, this guy's date pulled something out from between the seats of his car that ruined literally their entire night. Oh no, yeah, I know, I know it's You're gonna hear it in just a second. We're gonna start, of course, always with your comments, though, what do you see, alexis Yeah, Bibbs said your show is the reason I'm leaping for work every day with a heart emoji.
Speaker 2: Tell your boss is high. Yeah, hey, not unless you get the boss to listen to Yeah, but let me tell you what just happened.
Speaker 1: You know exactly exactly there it is, and here is your brand new second date update, the second date update.
Speaker 3: For a lot of guys on the dating apps, coming up with the perfect opener is like painting the mona Lisa.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Takes a lot of time.
Speaker 3: You just put something down, stand back, you study it at a little word here, just that line there.
Speaker 2: Take off the eyebrows there, Yeah, toss.
Speaker 3: In an extra emoji, delete that pun, and after four hours you finally send her. In four hours Hey, what's up? And no response.
Speaker 2: In there, which is so personal.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't have used the apostrophe.
Speaker 3: Is that what it was? I thought the three question marks we're gonna work. But today we have a listener who says he actually put in some work, real work, into figuring out an opening line with a sixty percent reply rate, which is extremely high for guys on these apps. And that's very very high.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what's the average like two percent reply rate? Maybe lower?
Speaker 2: How many messages are you guys sendy?
Speaker 3: It's very difficult. His name is Carson, So Carson, welcome to the show man.
Speaker 6: How are you doing?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna let him deliver the line?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't know what the line is. I'm curious. I don't ever written, like, what kind of line are we working with here? Carson?
Speaker 6: Like we don't even need to talk? But I was wondering if you would critique my profile? I'm new here?
Speaker 7: Oh, oh, interact?
Speaker 3: Okay, what do you think about that? Alexis an invitation to critique his profile?
Speaker 7: I don't know, but looking at him up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, aren't they then looking at your profile with a negative view?
Speaker 1: That I'm gonna say because you're only going to pick out negative stuff to be funny about.
Speaker 5: You're not going to say, but it's a conversation.
Speaker 3: So Alexis is in the forty percent that would not reply to this because I probably.
Speaker 2: Reply something so rude that they don't apply back.
Speaker 3: Well, even this is terrible, even that, I mean, that's a response in itself. That's a win, right, Carson, even if it's mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it did lead to someone. Her name is Lenne okay man.
Speaker 3: Okay, I said, yeah. What was her critique?
Speaker 6: She said, I should smile more in photos because I look too serious.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a nice one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, if you have a good smile, then you should be showing that off and women would like that.
Speaker 5: And pro tip, girls love it when you tell them that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, smile more. You look so good when you smile just in the photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So did you send her a personal pick of you smiling?
Speaker 6: I did not. I said, well, you should see my smile in person, you said, okay.
Speaker 3: Oh, she said okay, and you're like, look to your left out your window right now.
Speaker 2: So what did you guys do for your date?
Speaker 6: Then I offered to pick her up? Oh. We ended up going to a steakhouse.
Speaker 1: If you're wanting to impress her with the steak dinner, I mean, you must really like this woman.
Speaker 6: You know what she's She's great.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: We went to the steakhouse. Things went really well. It was everything I hoped it would be.
Speaker 2: I want to hear some highlights.
Speaker 3: Did you smile at her the whole time?
Speaker 6: I tried to smile more.
Speaker 3: Yes, good, Okay.
Speaker 7: If it's too much.
Speaker 2: The day, what did you guys connect over?
Speaker 6: Well, she's a room in the sports I'm a big sports guy, so that that was an instant connection. We like similar kinds of music.
Speaker 3: I mean, it all sounds really good. There was nothing awkward that happened on the date.
Speaker 6: Everything was great. The awkward moment was on the way home. Okay, she saw something between the seats of my car and she reached down. She pulled it out and it was a canister of lipstick.
Speaker 3: No, I know, I.
Speaker 6: Know that looks really bad. It probably looked like I was on another date.
Speaker 5: You just tell her like, look, that's not my shade.
Speaker 3: A bit, I have mine at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, anyone could have dropped it in your car, fallen out of a pocket, sister or friend or what.
Speaker 2: Did she say?
Speaker 6: Well, she certainly wanted to know where it came from, and I was, I was. I was honest with her. Uh, you know I borrowed my ex girlfriend's car.
Speaker 2: Wait, you were driving your girlfriend's car.
Speaker 3: It wasn't your car.
Speaker 2: Oh No, that's worse than.
Speaker 3: Did that totally smooth everything over.
Speaker 6: For the conversation that you know mine was in the shop. I was trying to be straight up with her. Obviously, the vibe kind of change at that point.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you just say a friend?
Speaker 6: If I could go back and change it, I think I would that it. Yeah, it looked like I thought I was getting a good night kiss. Everything was great. Obviously that didn't happen. Yeah, that's why I'm here. I'm hoping maybe you guys can help me.
Speaker 5: Wait, and now she's not calling you back, like you haven't smoothed it over yet.
Speaker 6: No, I haven't heard from her since not a week or so.
Speaker 5: So everything was going good circumstance.
Speaker 2: What's the relationship with you and your ex? Before?
Speaker 3: We call her on good terms enough for her to the car?
Speaker 2: How good of terms?
Speaker 6: Like we were always friends? We tried to date it didn't work out, we're still friends.
Speaker 3: That's so cool.
Speaker 5: You guys can do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, that sounds when you try to date somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I mean like you could describe her as a friend instead of an axe for Uyeah.
Speaker 2: Did you get a chance to explain that to leand I.
Speaker 6: Didn't get a chance to because we were so close to her house. Was kind of the end of it.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's probably for the best. You don't probably want to be gloating about how great of a relationship you have with your ex girlfriend on a first date with somebody.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. If you're driving her car, you're gonna want to.
Speaker 1: Explain something like it's better than we're still sleeping together.
Speaker 5: And what answer is good When you're like she's the best or you're like, oh I hate her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're driving her car.
Speaker 2: I think it's a green flag. If someone can get along with their ex you know so well.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm hoping you guys can get her on the phone and help me explain that to her, because I don't know if she's gonna listen to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna let Brook tackle that.
Speaker 2: I say, I'm friends with all sorts of ex Yeah.
Speaker 3: For guy, what's wrong with him? Anyway? We'll call Leanne for you after this and try and help you get your second date update in just a minute. If you're just joining us, let's quickly recap Carson's first date with a little game of good or bad. Steakhouse dinner, good, idea, good, lots of smiling, good picking her up in your ex girlfriend's white Jetta. I don't know ever, So we're thinking that's probably the big red flag that's been scaring Leanne away from a second meet up with Carson. But Brooke wisely pointed out, actually it could be seen as a green flag that he doesn't have a toxic relationship with past love interests, right, Brook.
Speaker 1: I think that if you can be friends with an ex, it doesn't mean that you still have feelings for them. It's when you still have feelings is when things get dicey and you can't talk to them and you're angry and everything.
Speaker 3: Okay, but what about friends with benefits?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's an ex, it doesn't really count.
Speaker 3: All right, Carson? Does that feel good? Does it give you a little bit of hope before we make this call?
Speaker 1: I'm optimistic okay, but there's no benefits with your ex right, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, good good.
Speaker 7: Well, besides the car, he doesn't get to borrow her car.
Speaker 2: I've met a different time.
Speaker 3: I'm not the physical type of So let's reach out to Leanne. Hopefully she picks up and we can explain this whole thing and get her to go out with you again. Okay, sounds great, good, right, now, let's do it.
Speaker 6: Hellene.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Leanne?
Speaker 4: Yeah? This is her? Who's this?
Speaker 3: Well, this is actually us a whole ensemble of people called Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. We're a radio show.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good, good morning.
Speaker 5: Thanks for saying it back. People don't say it back.
Speaker 3: Appreciate.
Speaker 2: It's like when you say you're welcome. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're a nice person.
Speaker 3: We're hoping that this can be a good morning for you because we're doing something called a second date update.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you know I've seen it. I've seen social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so well, thank you for finding it on social media.
Speaker 2: You can go to a podcast too.
Speaker 3: She didn't sound like she liked it.
Speaker 7: It comes up in the algorithm.
Speaker 2: Look for always be promoting, all right.
Speaker 4: It's always a disaster. It's always some nightmare case.
Speaker 2: That's not true. No, that's not true.
Speaker 7: We only air the disaster, just the ones that go viral.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we're hoping this is not one of those that you'll never even see this in your feed because we're reaching out based on a date you went with with a guy named Carson.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, would you call it a disaster?
Speaker 2: Your day with Carson?
Speaker 4: I don't know Carson. Carson, what are you doing Carson exactly? Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we spoke to Carson earlier and he had really glowing reviews about the date. Just what we know from it is that you two connected on a dating app. You said you really liked his smile, had a nice dinner at a steakhouse. There was no kiss at the end. He was a little surprised by that, but no disappointed, I think disappointed. But now you're not open to another one. So he's trying to figure out if there's a reason.
Speaker 4: He must have left something out.
Speaker 3: I love something out.
Speaker 2: I think you did.
Speaker 4: Yeah you did, Actually, I mean I would be embarrassed. But he was driving his ex girlfriend's car.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, he did tell us that. I just didn't want to recap that part in case it wasn't a big issue for you, So it.
Speaker 2: Was what was your reaction when he told you.
Speaker 4: That that's not okay? Why that's not okay? Like, okay, that just means that somewhat special in your life is still in your life.
Speaker 3: I mean, technically, okay, you feel threatened by the ex girlfriend a little bit.
Speaker 4: I know, not that I've just I've dated guys in similar situations and it always ends bad in my my personal situation.
Speaker 3: Well, that's okay that you can think that, but let brook explain to you why you're wrong.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 1: But I do think that you could maybe change your stance on a little bit if you thought of it more as like a green flag, Like here's a guy who still respects someone that he dated, that he that was he was close to, and it's good that they can still have a non romantic relationship. Right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess I never considered it that way.
Speaker 2: I mean, have you ever had.
Speaker 1: A friend and then got your feelings kind of mixed up in that friendship? Like it's hard to have opposite gender friends because you're like, oh my god, how much do I like this person and then you try.
Speaker 2: Out dating and you're like, whoa, I didn't like him that much.
Speaker 3: Did you know that was the case with Carson, that he was friends with that girl first before they tried dating, and then it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they realized that they weren't meant to be together.
Speaker 4: I mean, no, no, I mean this is all kind of like a lot in general. But good point.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, look at you being a reasonable human?
Speaker 3: Love it?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: So so is that something that would maybe change your mind a little bit about possibly seeing him and giving him another chance.
Speaker 4: Possibly the radio person I don't know her name, but like she did bring up some pretty decent points, so.
Speaker 2: I feel like I didn't deliver that well.
Speaker 5: Her name was Alexis. Give her all the credits.
Speaker 3: I mean, this all sounds really good to us in the room here, but I bet it sounds even better to Carson, who's been quietly listening on the other line, hoping.
Speaker 1: To talk to your.
Speaker 4: Whole time. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I can hear you smiling through the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think he's there. Carson.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, guys, I'm here.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: What they were so cute.
Speaker 6: I felt a connection with you that I haven't felt with anybody, and I really want to try to make this work.
Speaker 5: That's adorable.
Speaker 4: That's really sweet to hear that from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not like those other guys that you dated that were yucky, you know, with their axes.
Speaker 6: Yeah things, yeah, yeah, Well look, I need to be one hundred percent honest with you. We're getting it all out there right now. Okay, I do live with I do live with my ax.
Speaker 3: Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, that's.
Speaker 6: How I was going to borrow the call.
Speaker 3: Hey, Brook, how dare you support this and say that it was total?
Speaker 7: He's like a sister.
Speaker 6: It's really not a big deal, you.
Speaker 1: Know.
Speaker 3: But they're in a good place now. Broke You said it yourself, Well, you don't live.
Speaker 7: With your axe.
Speaker 1: That's like that feels like you were living together and then you broke up and you never moved out.
Speaker 2: Did you move in together when you were in a relationship.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know, I don't really remember. There was a lot going on. It just kind of happened. I mean, it's like a timeshirt situation for us, which split the rent, we rotate the car, it's a.
Speaker 4: I think seriously, Like I told you guys, this is all disasters plan.
Speaker 6: Look trust me when I say this, it's not a disaster.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's famous. Last words.
Speaker 6: Why don't you come over this weekend? We can we can hash it out. And it's my weekend to have the master bedroom.
Speaker 2: Wait what Oh, there's only one bedroom.
Speaker 3: That's a good living situation.
Speaker 6: It works for us. Don't judge.
Speaker 2: Wow, where do you sleep when you don't have the bedroom?
Speaker 6: I'm in the car and that's what it's for, a.
Speaker 3: Car slash bedroom.
Speaker 6: In your car only part time.
Speaker 3: And remember it's her car, not his.
Speaker 2: I have a headache. Yeah, I'm sorry about that whole green flag thing.
Speaker 3: No, it is a green flag. It's a green flag that he is such a good roommate, that is X doesn't even want to let him go. That's how awesome he is to live with.
Speaker 2: Dude, you share a bed that you guys rotate on the weekdays.
Speaker 6: Holda, we don't share the bed when she's in it. I'm not when I'm in it, she's not. We have a calendar, it's set.
Speaker 2: Up the bed. This organized community.
Speaker 3: I can't say it, man, Even Alexis is coming around on him now.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 4: I mean a nightmare.
Speaker 3: It could be your nightmare if you say yes to another date with Carson, and we would pay for that date.
Speaker 1: If you're open to your nightmare, if you say yes, No, it's not.
Speaker 5: Going to be a nightmare until it goes viral.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh, I don't want this to go viral. I don't want to go on another date.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you're.
Speaker 5: If you're singers on socials.
Speaker 7: Do not come and do not like this.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Carson, it sounds like a no from Leanne. There.
Speaker 6: You know you didn't complain when I used the excess debit card to pay for dinner.
Speaker 2: Woa, get out of here.
Speaker 4: You never told me that.
Speaker 2: How would it come up in conversation?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Well wow, I mean, Carson, you were worried that the problem was that you picked her up in your ex's car, and turns out the issue is that you actually swap beds with your exes because you live together and.
Speaker 2: Your ex pace for every well half of half of the time.
Speaker 6: And then when you say it like that, I think I sound like a pretty good dude.
Speaker 3: You're a catch, buddy.
Speaker 2: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, how did Carson think that it was okay to withhold that information from us? In part one?
Speaker 7: Has he said him a lot of information.
Speaker 3: Because Brook literally asked him, what's your relationship with your ex? Like? And he said, oh, we're still friends. Didn't mention, oh, yeah, we share the same master bed off of a rotating calendar would have been a little bit of a different story.
Speaker 1: CROs If you have a one bedroom apartment, you can't call it a master bed.
Speaker 2: It's the only bed.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to call it an end because the more he's kept talking, the more independent he is.
Speaker 7: He is her debit card or carrush.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised, but honestly, just be truthful with us up front so Brooke doesn't come off looking as bad as she did.
Speaker 5: That poor girl didn't want us to hit the air and now because of.
Speaker 3: Him, you know, it's so and that's why I just want to be honest right now with all of our listeners and tell you the truth that we do have a Second Date podcast. It's real. Somehow it gets millions of downloads every month. Even I did not believe that. Go look for yourself, Brook showed me the numbers, so if you want to check it out and subscribe.
Speaker 7: And Brook always lies telling the truth, it's
Speaker 3: A green flag to listen to our podcast though Binge Away at Brook and Jeffrey