Speaker 1: Wat's up and welcome back to another episode of No Sellings Podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your low glasses Malone.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw an opportunity that I thought would be interesting for the audience and for all parties involved to have a little discussion about Second Amendment, about gun rights, gun realities.
Speaker 3: So I brought an expert.
Speaker 2: On here, Black guns Matter, bathroom Malone.
Speaker 3: A different take on on guns. But you know, let's see where this goes. So I like that though.
Speaker 1: That's good for your first No Seilings opening. That's pretty fucking good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Usually I'm a counterpuncher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see. Well, I don't even know because I don't really think we really spar like that. I don't I think even if our ideas are different, I think I'm a little too civilized to worry about if we disagree.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That like you don't really get the crypt like that, you know what I mean, You get like just glasses low. Yeah, So you gotta go do your things, people hold up because do your think.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Was just gonna try to see if I can set off you guys each stating a thesis about your opinions on guns. Yeah, and then kind of where's the asymmetry and why or where where's the parallels?
Speaker 4: So classes you you know you can't be anti gun.
Speaker 1: No, I got guns. Yeah, But but honestly, the way I feel about guns, yeah, is uh, everybody should have them or nobody should have them. And when I mean nobody should have them, I mean no police agencies, no government agencies, know nothing. So it's guns for everybody or guns for none. That's that's my only feel. And because one person has one gun, I have a lot of guns.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I viewed that the same way that the caveat. That I add onto that, though, is I don't care if everybody else don't got them, because I can't trust to anybody that say they don't got them. No one telling the truth, and I don't live off of trust. Trust is not a good tactic or strategy, right Actually no, you know the situation and then you can still get burnt. But like to me, I understand that sentiment, which is yo, if we I do agree that if we got to a place in the human condition where people was like yo, we kind of don't really need to like do this. We can usually negotiate things out and respectfully part ways. On areas that where we disagree. Do I think that the human condition is going that way. I think it would be if the government wasn't so involved and like poking at people and creating interdacing rivalries. But the government in the state is always going to do that. So I think that it would be great for the human condition to go in that direction. I just don't think people are disciplined enough to do that. And here's the other thing. They don't have to be disciplined enough to do that. They don't have to. They don't They don't have to say I want shangri la and I want peace. They don't have to. That's actually what I strive for. That's why we deal so much with conflict resolution at our classes.
Speaker 1: What classes do you teach?
Speaker 4: We do basic our organization, Black Guns Matter. We're a firearms training organization. We do basic firearms training for anybody across the country that wants to learn for free. We do a hardcore emphasis on conflict resolution and safety though included.
Speaker 1: In that class.
Speaker 4: We've raised a little bit over six hundred thousand dollars over the last few years, given in a way to like just like it ain't because it ain't like my bread, Like I don't got the point sitting around like in the But we raised and we just gave it away like when we do these classes. We wanted to remove the financial barrier to entry for anybody that just wanted to learn. And we started in twenty sixteen, you know how like when the first Trump rally, not rally, but campaign was happening, and everybody, you know, every they're gonna start it in a couple of months. Again, every couples with it's a presidential election. Everybody talks about we need to voters, registration drive, we need voters, and the conversation is around that. So me and my partner at the time was like, yo, bro, we we should have a license to carry drive. And we had an event and we was like, we're gonna call it Black Guns Matter, because if you believe at that time, the BLM thing was like heavy, and we were like, well, if you believe the black lives matter, you should have the means. You shouldn't be mad at black guns mattering people. Black folks and people in general should have the means to defend themselves. So when we did that, we initially he was like, yo, we're gonna have one event and like we're gonna maybe get thirty or forty people in Philly to come through, and like three hundred people showed up. Nice. Yeah, and so I'm talking about people was from Jersey was like, Yo, what I heard about this? What we gotta do? And then we we said, Yo, we might have something here. So we said, yo, wouldn't be cool if we did the first thirteen. We did thirteen cities, like the first thirteen colonies in America, and we just went there and just told people how to do this. And we initially had a goal of like twenty five grand because all of the classes are free because of crowdfunded and so you know, in your mind in the beginning, you're like, oh, we only gonna need twenty five Like imagine telling somebody you're gonna do a thirteen city tour for twenty five thousand dollars, right, But at that time we was like, you know whatever, and we did it. And then we started getting crazy angry emails people from outside of Chicago was like, Yo, that's fucked up. You only care about Chicago. What about this small town right outside of Chicago? The violence is messed up over here, or when we did, we did somewhere in Arkansas, and I remember this email. Crazy. This one lady was like, that's fucked up that you don't care about us any small towns like I live in Little Rock, Arkansas. It's horrible here and I need to know. And we just kept going to Twitter and just going like, Yo, do y'all think we should do more of this? Should we do fifteen more cities? And every time unequivocally, everybody was like yeah. And I was like, Yo, well this shit ain't free, Like we need some more funding, you know, And people was like, yo, make the goal of hundred grand, make the goal fifty thousand, make the goal of hundred grand. We just kept going, and then after a while when we hit like two fifty, and then we hit like I think we hit like two fifty, and I was like, listen, should we make the goal like a million dollars? And everybody was like yes. And then before that we were like, yo, should we do every state in America? And everybody was like yes. And people just saw me raising this money, doing all of this media and just giving the classes away for free, and I mean, you know, I've done a lot of people, huge, huge, folks. You know we have a mutual homie Van Lathan, Yeah, had this album he was on at TMZ. We've just done all of these different platforms. And that's the long version of saying what the work that we do and how it started and how we got here. We got maybe like three hundred thousand and some change left on his goal and the remaining three hundred thousand will before this summer in falls classes and buying our building that we're in outright and so tennis to say, man, it's been an interesting ride, but we've we had a stated goal of making the black community become the newest largest gun buying demographic. We said that from the gate in twenty sixteen, and we did that in less than three years with less than three hundred thousand dollars. And we just traveled. We just went everywhere and just taught these classes for free licenses to carry are up in black communities.
Speaker 1: How did you do you know every different states? Like, how did you get abreast of every state's gun law? Did you just kind of prepare for it when you went in like you would prepare for anything else.
Speaker 4: Yep, we just because it's a hodgepodge mix because some states are you.
Speaker 1: Know, California is completely different than everything.
Speaker 4: East California is the worst, and Cali, Like, I'll go to nip Spot every time I'm in La. I go to nip Spot, you know, just out of respect when things like that. But I'm never I'm not going to fucking compt them without a gun. I'm just not. I'm not doing that. I don't care about the rules. They're not. Actually the supreme rule, the supreme law Atlanta is the Constitution and the Bill of Wrights, which is the Second Amendment, and that in that regard. But but yeah, I'll openly tell people I don't follow any of them fucking rules at all. My man, my man, if they want to follow those rules, I'll make sure at our classes we should we can explain to them and teach them exactly how to follow all the rules get their license to carry. But everybody quite naturally asks me, like, damn, mis you, I don't. I do not have a license to carry anyway.
Speaker 1: My homeboy, my home and not to cut you off, my homeboy, Manny uh Manny does aight Boys worldwide podcasts on YouTube. It's like a YouTube show. It's every Friday, shout out to the boys worldwide. My niggas pun Fred a couple of my partners, and he's like that. So me and my partner Jau from Long Beach, we don't We'll buy a gun over the table. Under the table, however, we buy guns, you know what I mean, Like, well, we don't care, we carry. We're not worried about no cc w's like you know what I mean, we know the exact laws, but that don't necessarily help what we're trying to go through. But Manny is like that. My Manny is a full a person that came up out of the community, same way you know, a gang member and all that. But he wants to carry based on the law. And it's just so funny to me that that's how he sees it is ship.
Speaker 4: It's hilarious he sees it that way because he's been conditioned. Licensing is the government selling you your rights back to you. You know what I'm saying. And so for example, if I if I'm fishing, and if and that's if I if the game warden or the the you know whatever pulls up and they asked me for my fishing license, I'm good, which means I paid the state money to say you can fish. If I don't have that, I'm not good. That does not make you less safe or more safe. It doesn't make the same thing with you know when I when I drove like I drive his license where you know, when I've drove dirty for decades and it's like, I'm a safe driver. I got some shit in the trunk that I cannot get pulled over for driving without a license. Not now, I'm saying at different times, sure, sure, Like I'm when when people just got a suspended license and they trying to go to work, man, they stopping full fully at the stop signs, they looking left, right, left. So having the license in and of itself does not make you more skilled or more safe.
Speaker 1: No, it just means the government has gave you permission that you should have already to have these things.
Speaker 4: You you do have it already.
Speaker 1: To me, it seems more of a tax thing.
Speaker 4: Oh it's.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this seems like a racket. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's what the government is. The government. The government is a protection racket by general y'all. Remember that TV show called the A Team. Of course, remember I like all of the people in the small town would like reach out to like the A team and be like, Yo, there is this small group of guys that's like making us pay.
Speaker 1: Money or abusing government.
Speaker 4: That's what the government is. They say, we will let you do things if you pay us. Our shooters aka a law enforcement will ride down through our communities and say, if you are selling cigarettes and we don't get a cut, we will Eric garner you. That's what government is.
Speaker 1: You can so you're calling it a protection racket because you feel like they sell it on to They sell it to you behasked of safety. Yeah, so they convince you that the world is almost like the gangs, like like like like a gang would do in the community, be like, look, this is a protection you know situation. So you pay us for protection.
Speaker 4: It's every every every hip hop artist friend of mine that I know that had a conversation about Cali as it relates to checking in, don't fucking be here if you have if we have not co signed it, and that's what the American government is. And if you don't pay me for the tax.
Speaker 1: You know, it's funny, dog like the checking in shit has gotten so far out of control and it's not even that dup, Like, you know, it's crazy because you can be nobody will know you are in LA. There are so many places you can be in LA and won't people won't know you in LA. The problem is like I've never looked at checking in like that. Like whenever I go to any other state, I'm happy to get with the brothers when I go to Philly, I'm happy to get with the brothers. When I go to New York, and I'm happy to get with the brothers Jersey. For me, I'm at the projects. I didn't been to projects in Dayton, Ohio, ghettos in Cleveland, Cincinnati. I'm happy to get with the brothers. And that's the concept of checking in. I think the monetary feed comes in when you want to be in the commun unity and you want to do things to me that should be a violation of human beings, whereas like you want to wear two hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of jewelry where people are poor with no opportunity. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think like in LA in this regard, there's a lot of imagery in LA that has cash value, soft cash value, so to speak, from a marketing commercial standpoint. You want to come down and take a picture from the towers. You want to go down slows. You want to go here, You want to go there, there's value there.
Speaker 1: You want to take the vans. Yeah, you want to.
Speaker 2: Stand on North Parkway in Memphis. No one knows where the hell I'm standing it.
Speaker 1: And I've had this conversation though, like, honestly, dog like you want to show you are wearing racks of meat where the wolves are right, you feel like, and it's like it's really such a crappy thing that what the fuckers want to do that rappers want to do. I'm in the ghetto with all my jury. Why would you want to be what motherfuckers is starving at with food on your neck. I don't get it, And I argue with niggas all the time, and I'm like, why would you go there knowing like you know how much of a piece of shit you gotta go to to go to some poor town in Africa with a case of Big Max and just sit there and eat them in front of everybody and feel like there's some kind of value in you because you can sit up there and eat your.
Speaker 4: Food without breaking off.
Speaker 3: Nobody else eat look even in baseball.
Speaker 4: The last time I was in La, right, it might have been a time the time before, but I went. I went to nip Spot, and as you know, they're redeveloping that area.
Speaker 1: Super getting getting super gentified by the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was dudes out there, still moving shirts. And every time I'm out there, I had, I pulled up, I had maybe like forty two dollars of cash. I know, them T shirts that you're selling ain't necessarily the marathon. I know that, right, Some of them is. Some of them may maybe six hundred dollars out there with the brothers that was just out there hustling. It's not because and when I go to when I go to knit Spot, he was. He was very instrumental in a lot of people. That is an example of us remembering someone that comes from a democratic that we are from, whether you active or not or whatever, or involved in games and met.
Speaker 1: Just hold that point because hip hop is not only about the criminals. It's about how crime influenced your life. So it's both sides. As long as we came up in this place where crime shaped the culture, like any street urban community, so it's never you know, day La Soul didn't come across as criminals tried. Didn't come I'm sure Q Tip and it was doing some bullshit. Like I'm not stupid. I don't give a fuck about with none of these niggas saying Dayla Soul probably was doing some bullshit. Tribe was probably doing some bullshit. I know for sure, herk and and and all them niggas was doing some bullshit. So it's how it influences your life and your flavor.
Speaker 4: So to me, it became, let's showcase somebody that you know, instead of just being a hustler, became a CEO. And I want to always promote that energy. So when I see people out there selling ship, yeah I'm gonna go over to Fat Burger and I'm gonna get a burg over there. Yeah I'm gonna go. I'ma I don't I don't even care how much these shirts. I just want to support because they're doing that. Saying that to say it's also an olde and homage to a harsh reality that the gun control laws in California. Even though Nick was a positive for the community, his his record a so called allowed this allowed him to have firearms even though a lot of the brothers that had felon felonies on a jacket, that were entrepreneurs in that community, and that then that little strip Mall his life was taken because he could not have the means on him to defend himself.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 4: That's fair, and I'm never gonna stop advocating for that. I'm never gonna stop highlighting that contradiction. I'm never not. I don't care when they build that high rise over there, I'm gonna show up at that high rise if it happened to be somebody over there selling T shirts, I'm gonna spend some money with them. If that fat burg is still there, I'm gonna still spend some money with them. And I'm gonna still talk about the fact that I blame outside of the dude, and I don't know the end up working.
Speaker 1: S sure sure outside of that, he wasn't he didn't have the right to just he should be freely able to move around, especially the jungle, with the sense of protection. That's fair. And I see there is a you know, a nuance to it. Maybe if he has it, maybe it's not, but it's different when he has it, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And maybe you know, we don't know all the details, but I get exactly the point. You may God'll be able to protect yourself, especially in that type of situation where you somewhere trying to get the community back up to a quality standard and you fighting against You know, it's because it's a thousand people. Like I heard Meek said to men. It blew me away. But I couldn't be upset as much as I would like to. He was like, yo, you can't go back to the hood. And I'm like, I hate it when he said it, but I got why he said it, but I don't agree. But then even when you struggle to have a gun, it makes some of his point valid, you know what I mean, Like we do. I genuinely believe we should be willing to die for where we grew up at, not I mean spot right after I saw you. Yeah, I think we should be willing to die for each other, right because we all come from this background, right, this background, so we have to create opportunities, and it is a threat because people aren't doing well. And that's just the reality of it. Everybody doesn't agree.
Speaker 4: I'm in my community center right now. Fact community center is in the middle of North Philly. You know what I'm saying, the solutionary center is there, I go. We targeted with black guns Matter, no pun intended. We targeted black communities and urban communities that happened in rural community. If it was poor, we was going there. Yeah, I love, I love. We were just in Memphis a couple of weeks ago. I love hoods across America.
Speaker 1: I love the hoods and Memphis.
Speaker 4: I can predict everything that's gonna I thinks the character in the movie is the same character in every neighborhood. They always you could he on some silly ship and here it come. You know what I'm saying. He cool. You can feel you can feel it. But I the reason why I also love it is because there's so much creativity. There's so much flavor, right.
Speaker 1: It's the flavor of the city of the state. So and I'm with you with that. I don't care. You know, Yes, you can lose your life. Yes I can go to watch today and lose my life. Yes, I go to car I don't give a fuck like I love it. And I'm not gonna stop giving love to my folks because of fear of you gotta die anyway. Now, that doesn't mean I'm finna just go out here and act the dumb ass, and I'm not finna give you you know, let's be honest. I can afford a Cuban chain that costs a kilogram, but it's like, why would I wear that where I know people doing bad? If that was the case, let me just give y'all some money. I couldn't even be mad if a motherfucker if you got a kilogram of fourteen carrot you know gold in the Cuban link chain, you know what I mean, that's twenty three thousand dollars roughly in gold. That's ten thousand dollars. Who the fucks shouldn't rob me for that? It's you know, how fucking crazy you gotta be in these type of places where you can't eat that, and you shouldn't take that from me. That should be the first I shouldn't even argue with you at that bot.
Speaker 4: It's like almost saying you made yourself lunch me. Yes, you're easily accessible. You're easy to grab you a sandwich, bro, And I'm not. I don't like it, you know, but it's the reality. I don't like the United States government, you know, in proxy wars is spending billions of billions of dollars in Ukraine and giving them automatic weapons while telling me I got to give them a tax in order to do it. That's the reality they're doing though, you know, and I think that again, to our classes, that's a major portion of us talking about the conflict resolution, avoidance and de escalation. When I engage, when I go to Compton, when I go to Chicago, when I go to when I'm in Philly, I and the people with me have firearms and we're paying strict attention. But you know what else we're doing. We are outside of that paying attention. We are supportive, we are respectful, we are avoiding conflict, and we are not doing anything that we are placing ourselves in a space where you are damn near tempting somebody to do something to you. Avoidance, I went on of the fights that I'm not involved with, I have no argument. I am a master of conflict de escalation. I remember I was in some club, and I don't even go to clubs like that at this point. If I'm not getting some resources for our communities, I'm just really not interested, right, And so I was in there and it's when the easy Slides came out, and I just wanted to support the company, right, easy making. You know, they comfortable. They ugly, but they comfortable right, And I bought them and I think they might have been like three fifty. It's some silly, way too absurd price, but I wanted to support this dude stepped on my shoes, my yeasy the first time I wore them five and for that moment before I finished the story. Every human has the right when stimuli happens and your reaction, that space in between, that is your choice, your ability to choose when that stimula happens and your reaction. In the shooting world, that's called your UDA loop O d A. Every time something happens, you observe, you orient, you decide, and you act. To win, you have to slow up the other person's uder loop the time that it takes for them to observe, orient, decide, and act, and speed yours up. So the person that can slow the other person's uder loop up while speeding there's up nine times out of ten is gonna win. So during that choice with that stimulant and that reaction happens, that is the choice and that process is the ooda loop. In that moment, it felt like my ooder loop was forever. All I could think about was how did you get here? Bro? You are potentially about to get upset because this dude step on your overly expensive not worth it but comfortable. You have your reasons fly for why you bought them expensive as fucking slides. He is in here not paying attention to you, and he shouldn't be paying attention to you because there's a lot of beautiful women in here and everybody's drinking. Yeah, you decided to wear these motherfucking expensive slides in this spot. He ain't paying attention to you. Why are you actually upset? In reality? Bro? So I had that moment with self and it was the perfect example of me going, yeah, you kind of bugging, and so I apologize to him for putting my foot under his foot. Mind you, I have my gun on me in here. And so the other thing is the next thought was, yeah, you got your gun on you in here. Who's to say that four out of five other motherfuckers in here don't got they gun on them too? So why is this thing that you decided to stunt with these expensive ass ugly ass slides.
Speaker 1: It ain't really worth nothing outside of what you pay for.
Speaker 4: And the women that know what these slides are, you still after him stepping on them, they're still going to be like, oh you got them, yasy side, You're still gonna leave here with something. This is a conversation that we have to have with our young men especially, and these are somebody experiences and examples that we use as the highlight before we even get really really into the nomenclature the safety component of the actual firearms. We tell your young brothers, like, listen, if you came here because you got opposition that you're trying to run down all later, this is not the space for you. It's just not. We are not here to teach people how to be violent. We are here to give you a high five if you are very skilled and avoiding conflict, de escalating conflict, and if you unfortunately have to stop conflict by using your firearm. We want to give you that high five because you stop an actual eminent threat to life, not because he stepped on your slides.
Speaker 1: Guns and gangs are the same thing, right They They both give you this weird type of power. And if you don't teach people at the home, how to be responsible with power. They will misuse power. It's just like joining the police force. You know, it's it's mark ass niggas that that get a job at the police force and abuse the power. It's mark ass niggas that start running with the hommies and abuse the power. It's mark as niggas that buy guns and abuse the power. And it's because they wasn't taught how to be powerful. One thing I give Olivia my mom wrestlers, sohold credit for it. She taught me how to have power. She taught me how to be powerful. And it's power, you know what I mean A bond They hitting me with lightning right and left, and I don't know if it's coming with a mic or not.
Speaker 3: I'm more looking back, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like whoa.
Speaker 3: At first, I.
Speaker 2: Thought, man, someone wants to throw something really too big down the trash shute.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I was about Ronda Santa's town. I thought there was bombing Ronde Santa State farm. I'm waiting on that's why whatever. For sure, it's going to be another civil war the way this shit haven't. But I feel like I respect and the point I'm saying is what's crazy is this is the craziest because we usually don't do interviews, like we've never We just have conversations about things. But it's it's interesting to listen to what you're saying, and it's dope that you understand that you have to teach people and you call it, you know, like de escalation or conflict resolution, but how to handle power. Yeah, because a gun, like like a gang, like the police force is a powerful thing. It's crazy to have thirty people behind you willing to push any agenda. Yeah, whether it's above the law or you know, outside of the law.
Speaker 4: My friend Thomas Massey, he's a public servant from the Great State of Kentucky. He's a libertarian, but he ran because I'm a libertarian.
Speaker 1: He ran as a reponant as a libertarian.
Speaker 4: A libertarian. The libertarian is the third largest political party. Big Boy from outcast is a libertarian for like twenty damn there thirty years. Most people identify or were introduced to libertarianism by an elder named Ron Paul. His son is named Ran Paul.
Speaker 1: He's a public sch but I don't know men about libertarian.
Speaker 4: Libertarianism is a basic all of the guys that created the founding documents, what they wrote down, however they handled that might have been different, but they were what's called classic liberals, which we would identify as libertarians today, right, And it basically means we don't want the government and our shit. Government should pretty much exist for on a national level, it should exist for a strong defense of foreign invasion and interstate commerce, like very limited involvement. For classic liberalism, classic liberalism, that word has been co opted.
Speaker 1: I see exactly.
Speaker 4: It's co opted the same way. Libertarians just believe. If you had to, if you had to like summarize it, it would be don't hurt people, don't take their stuff, and that includes the government. Right. This is why the Republicans and the Democrats work so hard to make sure, especially in black communities, libertarianism isn't even talked about. It's the third largest political party in America, and that's why they go out of their way to try to get libertarians off of the debate stage. Ron Paul was on there in twenty twelve, if I'm not mistaken, but there it's basically, you, as the government have no right. There should not be any government intervention on free market enterprise. You as the government should not be arresting people for the choices that they do with their bodies. So if I want to sell weed or if you want to smoke weed, you know, because cannabis is still Schedule one federally. But in essence, it's like, yo, we believe that the government have should have no involvement in that. We just feel like the police should come for actual crimes once called. So we believe that if there's no victim, there's no crime.
Speaker 3: So if usually no trolling around the neighborhood looking for a guy.
Speaker 4: Just looking and manufacturing crime. Right, there's never been a song called like fuck the firemen because firemen show up when all right, it's like, yo, we're not asking. And so we just believe in that, and we have fought very very hard to take over the areas like.
Speaker 1: A pure liberalism.
Speaker 3: Right right, It's like it's of the same rule.
Speaker 2: It's to leave us the f alone party, it's to keep government small party.
Speaker 3: It's the antis. It's lower taxes, lower intervention, lower opinion by the government. Just let us do our thing, we do it better leave us alone.
Speaker 1: So for shits and giggles, So for shits, and giggles. What's the separation of the modern liberal versus a classic liberal?
Speaker 4: The definition co opted. It's like they're very smart, they go, we need to take this rainbow. Initially, people that are Christian of the Christian faith, the rainbow was a symbol for God's promise of returning. They took that and switched. They're very very sharp with that. So now what liberal because of anything goes? Like you have the they have a liberal agenda where anything goes, So that word could kind of fit. Libertarians believe and classic liberals believe, Yeah, anything does go as long as there's you within your space. Now what's happening is classic current model.
Speaker 1: They're trying to change your mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything goes, but we are going to use the government to make you accept that everything goes. And we say everything should go for your child too.
Speaker 3: So everything that we say goes, nothing that you say goes. Insofar as if we disagree.
Speaker 4: Liberal classic liberals were like, yeah, anything that you want to do is cool if you're in a consenting adult and the government should have no say in it. The current definition of what's being presented as the definition of liberal is we believe that anything could say goes, and we're going to use the weight of the state to force you to do it by creating laws and then using our shooters law enforcement to come enforce that if.
Speaker 1: You violate, which which kind of conflicts with the idea because liberty our original like you said, a libertarian or a liberty person will believe in the gun.
Speaker 4: Right. And if you want to do something that I think is immoral, if you're doing it if every Wednesday, bro, as long as it is not violating property or the human's largest property, which will most impactful property, which is someone's body, because that's the most important property that you have. If you want to on your land, slather yourself up in butter naked in your backyard every Wednesday, that don't got a fucking thing to do with me at all. If you get a group of people and you the butter gang and on Wednesdays that's what y'all do, that don't have nothing to do. Now if I think it's immoral, the best thing that I could do is, yo, don't put that in the public space and just ignore y'all as the butter gang. We don't care what current day people do. Is and conservatives have fallen do because conservatism is, and the Republicans were initially about detecting the rights of the smallest republic, which is the individual. Their argument was similarly, they want to they the butter game. That's what they do. That don't have shit to do with us. We think it's morally reprehensible. So we're not gonna be the butter game. That's it when you start. And that's the fundamental difference between limited government, which is what every hood in America should be, every black person not limited to but every person under a certain socioeconomic space should one hundred percent become libertarian. You should one hundred percent do it because it's the only party that's gonna advocate for Yo. If you you know what fentanyl is gonna do to your body, you know that it's gonna fuck you up, just like alcohol will fuck you up over time. I smoke cigars, if I smoke too many of them over time, I answer, bro, like, that's just the reality. Sure, the government will dictate which one is okay or lawful and which one is unlawful based on which one they choose to tax. That's it, because again, the government is the mob. Libertarians is the only political party that will say, yo, if he want to sell weed and it's a voluntary exchange, and if she want to buy the weed and she got the money and he not forcing her to buy it, and he not forcing her to smoke it, the government don't have shit to do with that at all. We are the only party that will openly advocate for YO. Taxation is theft you because you're the government with the threat of force and sending somebody with guns to come put you in jail because I did not want to give you a cut of my money that I worked for. That's what taxation is. You are taking money out of my check that I am not okay with, with the threat of force or coercion. If any other body or organization does that, they will get hit with a Rico Act.
Speaker 1: Off top facts by.
Speaker 4: Arians are the only political people that will say, no, this is wrong. We should end this war on drugs. We should end this thick ass war on terror going into people's other countries. We got enough shit that we need to be focused on in America. We need the hoods are fucked up, and I get it. People say, well, it's not as poor as certain countries, and I agree with that. When I'm in Jamaica sometimes and I see homes that don't got a front door on it, I'm like, bro, you not really You got an iPhone. Bro, you're not really poor, right, but it's still relative. We could fix that quality of.
Speaker 1: Lis that hands down. And I tried to explain this to somebody. It's like, the problem is I grew up in Compton and watched my whole life, my mom lived in Conton, my dad lived and watch wealth is fifteen minutes away. That is torture. Yeah, imagine like there's a head of big mac. Back to the big Mac. There's a big mac right above your head, and you see it every day and you just keep jumping trying to it's going to drive you crazy. And that's why the community where we are so Yes, if you go to tj or Jamaica, you know, you go to Tijuana or Jamaica, that's true third world poverty. But the wealth is also not fifteen fucking minutes away, right, They're way over here. You know, you go downtown. I called downtown in La Got Them City because wealth and poverty is mingling together, and you wonder why these people eventually may slap it.
Speaker 3: It's a differentiated by a parking structure.
Speaker 4: Right, it's vertical arians believe that. And that's our new thing is we repurposed in BLM. It's the Black Libertarian movement. That's what that shit stands for. I would not repurpose that ship if the ownership of the BLM incorporated. I'm not saying that Black Lives Matter as a movement in a phrase, it's not true. But the ownership they did, they did silly shit with the bread like they did like that's just I And I'm not saying it's in an arrogant sit but I work at Black Or with less than three hundred thousand and less than three years, made the black community block by more guns than almost at any time in American history with a little bit of elbow grease and a little a couple dollars, Right, So we repurposing that, and we're merging the gun community and the liberty community and making those lessons available in its next run of classes for the next year or two, and getting people to change their political affiliation. Politics is how we move the world's resources. And if you're not involved in politics, because you know, people say I don't get involved in politics, I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: In what Deebo say. You're gonna get involved, I'm gonna knock your glass out.
Speaker 4: That's it. It's it's you ain't interested in it.
Speaker 3: You're already involved.
Speaker 4: You're here.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Pete, go ahead, Pete. What were you saying?
Speaker 3: I'll ask a quick question. Obviously, you know Philadelphia is not.
Speaker 2: A real gun friendly municipality. Yeah, do you either there or in other places? Are are or are you starting to get Have you dealt with either subtle overt you know what, kind of like pushback from like, hey dude, you're you're doing something that we're not particularly fond of here.
Speaker 4: So two things happen when we first started in twenty sixteen. They're smart. They do things like they'll ignore our work or act like we're not doing it, which is smart. The Breakfast Club does that to me, right, my man, Van, I'm not going to put them on, you know, under the table. But I have not been on higher learning podcasts for similar reason. And it's not a disc. It's not a it's not a disc that all Van had me on TMZ on on the red Pill podcast and all of that, right, But every situation, it's a smart chess move. I'm not I'm influential and powerful. I'm not as popular as it makes sense for them to give me their platform, right, because if you put me on a long format platform, I'm gonna I'm gonna there's there's too many things that I'm gonna talk about that you're gonna be like, oh no, that shit makes sense. Right, And so the local government does the same thing. Right. When we first started in Philly, we did our classes directly across the street from the licensing unit. Right. We would help people fill out their paperwork, we would help them take their picture, we would put them in an envelope and send them across the street. We sent like ten thousand people over there. Right, they moved the licensing unit.
Speaker 1: I gotta love the government. They so awesome because what is I tell my homeboys, my older homies all the time, I'm like, couzin, if we want to run the hood correctly, all we have to do is stare at the government. That's how you run a hood correct.
Speaker 4: Yep. When when we moved, when they move, right, they moved it to a more industrial part of Philly, right on the east side over there about like the Coca Cola bottling all that right, and they changed the hours. You gotta do it by appointment and it gotta be from like nine thirty in the morning to one o'clock in the afternoon when most people are at work. Right when COVID happened, they was like, oh, oh, oh, it's perfect time.
Speaker 1: Manys can't even come in here.
Speaker 4: Now, you can't come in here, you.
Speaker 1: Can't get an appointment there.
Speaker 4: Why don't you just make it online? Like everything else in the universe is online. And they tried to give it pushback, and then we an organization that we work with, Firearms Policy Coalition, was like, we're gonna sue you. You cannot to deny a fundamental right to these people during this time. If you don't make this available online, we're gonna sue you. So then they started making it online and the licenses to carry continue to go up. But they we so what they do is we don't get pushed back because to push back against me means you got to talk about me, and better.
Speaker 3: For them just ignore you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're having a lowest learners scandal waiting to happen, where your tax exempt you know.
Speaker 3: I r S. Your licensing is a business is going to be you know, oh.
Speaker 4: We we we we actually gonna I'm like you like Martin Luther King for black guns. Yeah, that's that's the model. And did y'all know that doctor King was actually a gun owner?
Speaker 1: I would imagine, so you better have a fucking gun.
Speaker 4: He applied for his license to carry, they denied him.
Speaker 1: The whole might be a shot, motherfuckers, that whole fucking non violence. You could get fishy, right, And so that's crazy, so get back to wait a minute. So they threatened to sue them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they threatened to sue him, and it was like, okay, we'll make it available online. And we just started showing people how to do it online and record numbers of people lining up to go get their license to carry over the same thing in Philadelphia. Since we've been doing this work in Philly, licenses to carry have consistently, on average increased over two hundred percent. And as somebody that openly tells our students, I don't have a license to carry, I'm not getting one, but will help you get one, what we ask is that once we help you, we help you, we want you to get politically active so you can overturn the process of needing a license to carry by making Pennsylvania an open carry or constitutional carry state because it is an open carried state. But Philadelphia, since it's the largest city in the state of Pennsylvania, they try to make different rules for Philly that are different for the state constitution. Even though that's unconstitutional. Way see who tries it in the court, you know, But we don't get pushed back that way. I've openly challenged for years now. At this point, I've challenged and Charlemagne is one hundred familiar with our work, you know, And I would love to have that sit down. It's it's needed. Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: And you think see is anti guns, gave like. I don't think Charlamagne is anti guns.
Speaker 4: He not.
Speaker 1: He for sure got guns.
Speaker 4: He's a gun owner. And Charlemagne, I guarantee you his taxes don't reflect it. He's a Democrat either. I one hundred percent know that he knows how to handle that tax code. I think that he's speaking up in certain areas for black people, But when it comes to the conversation around guns and having me on listen, I'm not I'm not trying to say this in a rude way. Too, because I gotta be careful because the Hollywood ship is a different world. I don't want anyone to take me being me, having a expressing my opinion as a direct disrespect for these gentlemen, because it's I think that him not having me on is doing a disservice. I am. This is not me sounding arrogant. There is literally metrics that proved the time that we started doing Black Guns Matter and the increase in black gun ownership. It's it's not even it's We are cited in the unis United States Supreme Court for the New York State Brewing decision in New York, Black Guns Matter worked with organizations. We are cited in the United States Supreme Court for that Brewing decision overturning this fake rule that in the state of New York you cannot carry a firearm on your person. That was about a year some changeable. My point in saying that is we've helped black people. We express the justice, we express defending our community. We express conflict resolution, de escalation, and if you use a firearm to attack people in our communities, we are pro you going the fuck to jail.
Speaker 1: Willing to go to jail. So let me ask you a question on a macro level, right, Okay, so I believe on a micro level, the government like let's say a place like New York where the population is super over you know what I mean, is overfield like soup, overpopulated. Right, New York is overpopulated. It can't just be completely like, we can't tax everybody. That's not why we want you to carry guns. There has to be some level of fear to control violence, right in some degree.
Speaker 4: That's not their reason. The data over the last forty years, few decades, doctor John Lott wrote an amazing book. It's called More Guns, Less Crime. He's an actual like he fucked with them stats. Yeah, he'll toss his own all. Right, this may be true, but what about this, Let's try to disprove it. He's one of those dudes. All of the areas that have more firearms owners, statistically not manipulated numbers, have lower violent crime. There are statistically for decades safer over the last thirty to forty years. As licenses to carry in America nationally have increased outside of a few spikes and in certain areas, and those areas are usually also anti gun areas. The areas where there has been more gun ownership in America, over the same thirty years, thirty to forty years, violent crime has decreased. That is the trend as licenses to carry means safe and responsible firearms owners, not that you only are a safe, responsible.
Speaker 1: Fire the concept of the concept of you know, everybody got a gun, so you're gonna be careful what you do to a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: So robberies, breaking, breaking, the enery being ease. Great homicide statistically down in all of those areas. So when New York, this is the component that's left out of the conversation that we came in on with Black Guns matter that we highlighted was the reality is after emancipation, there were a lot of black folk that fled the South and went to these big cities. These big cities were.
Speaker 1: La Chicago, New York.
Speaker 4: All of these hell of black places. That is where the concentration of gun control went because gun control was literally started in America having guns stop black people from having guns. New York is there is a.
Speaker 1: Fast Yeah, that ship is crap. I remember when fucking tune when Dwayne I was with Baby and them at the time, Sony Cash Money, when he got popping. No matter what he spent, he was going to fucking prison for having a gun on his tour bus.
Speaker 4: Not not he shot somebody, not on his person. Think about this. This person went to jail for a constitutional.
Speaker 1: Prison, prison to prison for owning a gun on a tour bus. That's crazy when you really think about it. And let me ask you a question before we get too far, like, you know, trying to make sure that I asked all the stuff I think, would you consider yourself a black nationalist at that point? A nationalist?
Speaker 4: I'm American as fuck. America made me this way.
Speaker 1: But would that make you like a nationalist to a degree? Like where you believe in the values that these are your constitutional rights.
Speaker 4: I believe that because it's that's the way that its codified. But they come from human rights, they come from natural law, they come from nature. Sure, they just wrote it down in a way that I could use it, and that's the founding documents of this place.
Speaker 1: So let's say if you went to Japan right where you know nobody has guns, the police don't have guns. Like Japan is crazy, right, there's no guns. Would you feel the same need as a human to carry a weapon there.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get a gun in Japan. I'ma get I'm one hundred percent if I'm in Japan, I got a gun if I bought and ship the three D printer first and it's there, and I took in my carry on case, I took a barrel, you know, and got the AMMO somehow. Sh I'm gonna get it. I got a gun in Japan. I'm I'm, I'm I'm first of all.
Speaker 1: So you really feel like it's a human right.
Speaker 4: It is, it is you are born. The beauty of This is why I get pushbacks. This is an area that I do get picked because I understand why those dudes that wrote the Founding documents the way that they wrote them. They came from an oppressive regime, even though they.
Speaker 1: Did a lot of yeah yeah, hands down, came from.
Speaker 4: When it came to black.
Speaker 1: I always say that they like, how were you running away from this place that you felt treated you bad? And then you make new versions? Right, you didn't like York, England, that's why you came here. Why would you make a New York. You didn't like Hampshire, you didn't like none of these play but you keep making you didn't like jam England, but you're gonna come here and make New Jersey, right, It's like, I'm gonna do this better. No.
Speaker 4: I like the documents themselves, the people that we don't talk about and the media does not talk about. They don't talk about Thomas Pain, they don't talk about George Mason, they don't talk about Samuel Adams, they don't talk about those guys that told the Founders was like, dude, we cannot do the slavery shit. It's wrong. Nobody talks about those dudes, and I'll be reading them type of dudes. And I understand. I don't. I think cattle slavery was fucked up. Sure, I also recognize that in order for them on a certain level of politic they was like, look they the people that own the humans happen too. And it was a small section. So I understand context and nuanced. Where I do get pushed is I use those documents in America's America, because those were the ones that these are y'all rules. I didn't make this ship up. I'm saying, I'm I'm about this liberty shit. I'm about this freedom shit. I want to go. I do not fuck with the government. I am George Washington. If y'all believe in this, George Washington, dude cool. I believe that the people should have the right to keep in bear arms. And if you're in the way, George Washington and his squad on Christmas Eve got in the boat took it over the river to go kill their opposition for freedom. I feel the same way. So if you want to, I say American, because they recognized that they had a human right and all they did was write down those natural lights. They pulled rights. They pulled that stuff from Robespierre, Bastiat, those French revolutionary and as I don't fuck with nobody say them French motherfuckers. Get they over there tearing the fucking government up right.
Speaker 3: Now, Everyone's head off.
Speaker 1: They don't play, they don't play about that shit.
Speaker 4: And so when when if I was landed in Japan, them saying just because y'all don't understand these human rights and your government didn't create a documenting system to codify that, that don't got shit to do with me. I stand on what I stand on because I was born here and I have a human right wherever I go to.
Speaker 1: Have but especially here, especially here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and and Bro, I'm not. I don't. I don't. I didn't make enough money and serve enough of my community to be kicking it the fuck in Japan. Like I understand people that are really really popular and famous, like Andre three thousand, he gonna go to Japan or Kanye they gonna go to Japan and kind of chill out. Right. I haven't done enough and had enough stress and succeeded enough for me to fucking take a vacation when I could find a vacation. I got Wi Fi everywhere in America. If I saved three million lives, then maybe I'll think about taking the vacation in the last still where I could have a gun or or you know what I'm saying, or Hawaii or you know what I mean. Like, but me going to some other country that's not going to respect my human rights, you know, like the sister that just went over to Dubai and she just got locked up for raising her voice at a dude at the car rental spot, and they trying to figure out what they about the Brittany grinder her ass, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They said she did, she did a little bit more, they said she was, but I saw some of the videos where she was popping it and you and it's different. I don't know why niggas take their ass over there playing with the people mean either that's a miracle. I do not want to go to the birds from Dubai, but I do not get to go to a well built desert man.
Speaker 4: Listen, The question then becomes, okay, when I take this flight, right, okay, I give I've given away six hundred grands to serve our communities. Right, did you succeed yet? So you're about to take how long the flight is to go over there? You're gonna do the same ship I would have did in Miami, or I would have did in Philly at a real cool, little chill pickback spot. You're gonna eat food, but you.
Speaker 1: And then you Dubai.
Speaker 4: You can't even drink. You can't drink their dry city. You can't smoke. What what? What the fuck? Like?
Speaker 2: No, whatever money you saved on the hotel, you blew already on the front end on the on the air fare.
Speaker 3: What we're talking about?
Speaker 4: And and and and then me, I'm like, low key like a pastor. I have to be very careful as a community leader. You know, I've I've tried to clean up. You know, I'm cussing a little bit more because for this platform, because that's how I feel. But when I'm talking on certain platforms, and even when I'm tweeting, you know what I'm saying, it's certain shit, I'll reword it, not because I'm trying to censor mystood, right, And so I have to. If I take a flight, I'm flying on Emirates and it's a long flight, which means I'm gonna want to fly a very very business class. That's you're looking at a minimum of two to five grand for the flight cans. Then so then then when my following goes, damn bro, I just donated two hundred dollars to your work? Is that? Is that? Even though it wouldn't be. But I don't want to put myself in a position of even questions, Damn bro.
Speaker 1: Martin Luther King was the same way. I don't want to confuse people.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, And so I'm just not interested. So yeah, the Japanese and all of them different places. We got so much work to do for my for our people, for Americans.
Speaker 1: And I say, you gotta start your facts.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it like I say the black community because that's where I live and that's where.
Speaker 1: But you understand what but you understand what that means. You mean poor people across America, right, And so we just happened to be the face of poor me. And Pete was talking about this and hip hop and I was like, there's this belief and I don't say it often, but there's a belief that hip hop is black. And I'm like, hip hop is street urban. We're just the face of the street urban community. But we've also talked about the direct influences of Irish and Italian street life. Right, That's why you have people naming themselves capone and blah blah blah or you the Latino shit, you know what I mean. All of these influences, Jewish, street urban cultures all play a part in it, even if we act like we ignore their influence into street urban lifestyle.
Speaker 4: And to act like you're gonna s I'm a huge fan of fifty set. Man, I'm gonna try to work to like do some acting, and I'm just gonna do everything because the world is available to us, all right, why not? Yeah? And I he had a mixtape run and then a transition. The only person that I seen win and be counted out and when this big and multiple spaces is like Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's like Arnold Schwarzenegger and like fifty, it's the only people that I'm like, damn, you know wow. And I'm saying that to say there's a there's a a respect for someone that understands where they come from and also acknowledges. My first album sold sixteen million records. You a damn fool if you think that's only black people buying my shit, Yeah, you're out of your mind.
Speaker 1: I just had a conversation with a god today on Spaces good Brother, and he was, you know, he was pro black, and I'm pro black. You know what I mean. I understood it. But he started off the conversation explaining to me how the white power structure has in power Eminem and other black people don't think he's number one. And he was like, Glasses, I like your music, You're better than Eminem. I had to start the conversation like, first off, Nigga, I am not better than Eminem. When I was actually selling PCP and shooting and low riding that nigga was rapping. Yeah, then there's this weird confusion that there's this separation in street urban code and it's not. And I really appreciate the work you're doing because I could imagine there's probably some poor all kind of people that came to you to be able to figure out how to get gun license. And the term black doesn't represent I don't think the term black in America has ever represented skin. It's always represented how people treated you, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 1: If that makes sense, Like even the wealthiest nigga will still get treated like he's black.
Speaker 4: That cop don't know what. I've never seen you in this motherfucking gated community.
Speaker 1: With you finna get this work. You're finna get this work and reverse my.
Speaker 4: White homies from like a good a guy that I'm a fan of his music from Philly and we've had slight conversation here and there's O T the real buff will the real music right. That shit is motherfucker. He them details is accurate. If he, as a white dude, was in certain areas, that black cop or that white cop will be like, oh you must be here to cop drugs, Pete, you.
Speaker 3: A certain I've been pulled over so many times that Long Beach Boulevard and would have.
Speaker 2: Century fig They're pulling me over because they think I'm buying pussy. This happened to be. I've been pulled over on dinner dates.
Speaker 1: Did you feel like I would never I could imagine the look in your face, knowing you about paying for pussy? Jail and Miami.
Speaker 2: They pulled me over because they thought I was buying pussy from a Haitian girl.
Speaker 1: And that is not like you would be so like that is like Pete's like our glasses.
Speaker 4: No, it's And That's what I'm saying. We all when we're able to, and that's why I'm able to do it kind of with having a conversation around the founders, their contradictions, patriots, adding people in that the general public witness so shit with the word patriot. I'm talking about Frederick Douglass, I'm talking Nat Turner, I'm talking about John Brown, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About most people would not really think of Nat Turner as a patriot. And I agree, when you understand what a patriot is, he fits exactly. But even the term like from street urban snitch, that's not a term that started today. This is back in those days, you would look at a motherfucker that's telling on the rebellion as a snitch. I'm sure when when they were trying to establish the colonies and people was running back telling England, they called them motherfucker.
Speaker 3: If they called you a Benedict Arnold for two hundred years on.
Speaker 4: The fact, two terms for it. You was a Benedict Arnold and you was if you was the person that we was concerned that you would go tell the Redcoats. They called them a loyalist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are oppressors. Oh uncle, So even though we misphrase it Uncle Tom, I was the original Uncle Tom in America, a loyalist.
Speaker 4: I hit him. When people try to hit me with the Uncle Tom, I'll be like, thank.
Speaker 1: You because you don't even know who that is.
Speaker 4: And then I hit them. Bro, you mean to call me a sambo or chiambo, that's what you mean to hit me with. So it's the educational moment and these these classes, and.
Speaker 1: I still I still kick their ass because I know you're trying to disrespect it that I'm gonna kick your ass with me in time for disrespecting time out here trying to disrespect me. I am like, Uncle Tom, I'm gonna kick your ass for trying to disrespect time like time wasn't with all the bullshit shit y'all it's all love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah man, it's just the work man. I'm gonna try my best to.
Speaker 1: I'm appreciative man. You know what's funny, Like when we started those celings, it was never to do an interview, and this still wasn't an interview, but it was one of the most refreshing pridcasts where I felt like, you know, I actually understand your plight. You know what I'm saying. It makes sense to me, and I caner. I don't really back a lot of shout out to the d M. I don't back all that ship, man. Some of that ship just it's too built in survival and not thriving. Yeah, and that doesn't feed my hunger inside of me for greatness for people that come from where we come from, no matter what they look like, Like I like what you represent. It's not as much as it seems like surviving owning the gun. No, what's starting to thrive in the system that you're stuck in, Like, let's thrive here. Here's one of the first simplest, the second thing on the list of ship you should have accomplished. Yeah, you know what I mean, which is own right?
Speaker 3: If the if, the if, the uh.
Speaker 1: Uh, what are they not the damn Commandments, the damn Amendments. They're right if the second one is gun ownership because you for sure should have.
Speaker 2: A gun, and the first one should be the right to ask for it is free the speech, and the second one is the right to carry it.
Speaker 4: Then when you start unpacking that that list was the list that was designed by the anti federalists to make sure that like yo, this is a list of things to remind the government that they don't control that this that list, the Bill of Rights is a list for the people to the government, and most people don't know that. It's big. We get to shoot you, motherfuckers. Thomas Jefferson said the tree of liberty on occasion, I'm paraphrasing, the tree of liberty needs to be refreshed with the blood of tyrants and patriots. Like that's importantly saying. So when NWA was saying fuck the police, Thomas Jefferson was saying the same shit, and so like packaging that to the general public. Our demographic and removing that financial barrier to entry, where you're getting a little bit of civics, you're getting a little bit of liberty, you're getting a little bit of constant resolution, you get some stop the bleeding. There, you getting the safety, and you're getting the breakdown of firearms. This is what our work has been and we got a little bit over three of that thousand dollars left to raise. So like, if anybody listening to this, man, if you if you glean something from it.
Speaker 1: Go fuck with it. Dog, Please with it.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 1: I fuck with it.
Speaker 2: Dog.
Speaker 1: I really respect that. This is one of the first movements in a long time that I respect, you know what I'm saying where it's like, oh I understand.
Speaker 4: And.
Speaker 1: Of god, yeah, yeah, the idea does put people on the course to thriving, right, not not surviving. I'm tired of these movements built on survival because if you have to beg to survive, you're not really even living, right, You just existing. You're just existing. And it's like, please don't kill me, versus that shouldn't even be a thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah that fucking hands up, don't shoot ship.
Speaker 1: I'm just not lame as fuck.
Speaker 4: I'm just like you came into game surrenderings. I'm good, bro. I will I will. I will live for my community. I will, I will work for my community. I will serve my community. I will die for my community, and I will kill for my community. The only thing that if it crosses that line is if you're putting the people in my community, if you're putting their lives in imminent threat and danger, I have to stop that threat.
Speaker 1: And all the most patriotic thing you could do.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. And so that's kind of like where we at and just you know, thank y'all man for even man, it.
Speaker 1: Was an honor, bro. Like I didn't even when Pete told me, I didn't really read it. It's people's like, yo, I want to do this. I'm like, let Pete don't. There's only so many ideas Pete, you know, talk about it, and it's like, this was really a cool.
Speaker 3: That's a nice way of saying Pete ain't got shipped to say that.
Speaker 1: Pete always got something to say. That's not true. But what it be is like when he talks about something, I feel like he always brings something to the table that's this one is super it's super polarizing because black people and guns by themselves are a polarizing combination, you know what I mean, Like every historically, you know what I'm saying, whether it's the Panthers, whether it's the crips, Black people and guns are historically, you know, a polarizing topic. So I thought it was dope.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to listen to it. I really would encourage everybody that's listening to you to really go search your movement and get down man, because I think that's one of the first this is one of the first movements that I've heard publicly being spoken on that I've heard that is trying to help black folks thrive or people that come from our communities to thrive. And that's dope. Take advantage of your rights, bro, Like, don't don't not take advantage of them, I mean, take advantage of them, because that's what thriving in America is all about. Surviving is when you don't really trip off none of the rules. You know, when you don't look at that, when you're scared to speak up because you know you're surviving, you're doing the bare minimum. When you don't own a gun, when you don't take advantage of the power that the founding fathers were in this country were trying to give you, right, I mean they wanted every scene, even when I read through them, they wanted every human being to feel powerful.
Speaker 4: Right, right, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, One thing I really really appreciate is like the intellectual honesty, not only like your genuineness, but you're also your intellectuality. One thing that gets lost in the conversation right now, I think in America broadly speaking, is everyone goes, oh, well, the nation's founders, as if it's one guy with one idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fact, And it's been a.
Speaker 2: Philosophical point of conflict since pre seventeen seventy six. I mean there's different people with different ideas, and people don't rate the ideas. They look at the lowest common denominator of guy in the room and demonize him for all the other ideas.
Speaker 1: And there are some.
Speaker 3: Valuable ideas that came out of those meetings and those people, and people should value the ideas.
Speaker 1: Just like gun ownership. Most ninety nine point nine percent of the people that own guns are not committing crimes.
Speaker 4: Bro, Like, I don't want to shoot nobody.
Speaker 1: Who really really ninety nine point ninety nine percent of the population don't want to shoot people. It just happens to be when a person gets shot, they're like, they don't never do stories on a person that owns all these guns and never shot anybody, right, you know what I mean? That would not be And it does make me think like maybe they're really you know, there are agendas that you know, that people are pushing for whatever reason. Maybe it's about taxes. I don't know what it is, because it don't make sense to this desire to be the area.
Speaker 3: Of access to power.
Speaker 4: It's a mixture of things. It's let's remove they people that are anti gun aren't anti gun. They because those people don't say, like you said, well then get rid of guns for the police too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they never say that or their private arm security.
Speaker 4: Right. They want a monopoly of force in the hands of the state. They want the general public to not have firearms, and they think that the police should have firearms. So they're not anti gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's why I said, I think they want my anti guns right, even when I expressed I wish I think no human beings should have guns. Yeah, I think they're totally a waste of time for most people. But I think nobody's having But if one person has one, I need all minds, hey, because I don't know what this nigga's on too.
Speaker 4: It's the mixture of we want to have a control over the people. We want to tax people that until we try, if we can't get it all the way gone and only in our hands as the state, we want to tax people for having it. We want to make people live in fear. We want to misinform people a stressed and you know, a person in survival mode.
Speaker 1: Stressed and fear turnument to batteries in the matrix.
Speaker 4: It's easy for me to get that person. But if I go, if I go, if I'm in a space where I know I want them in great shape, my cardios up, I hit the gym. I don't have to go lethal. I'm capable of going lethal. But if this goes crazy, First of all, my my situational awareness is at such that I seen that coming ahead of time, and I already won that fight because I avoided it. I am a powerful being. And if if everything fails, if I fail to recognize it, and now I'll find myself in that situation, I have the skill set to potentially get out. And now if I can't get out, I have the skill set to I practice Brazilian jiu jitsu. I could box you, I could run. I am going to run. If I can, I'm a run the fuck away. And if at the absolute last resort.
Speaker 1: I got to kick yours, I got to put I got to push your shit back, I know what I gotta do.
Speaker 4: There's a certain level of power that I'm aware of anywhere that I go on this planet that I'm like, cause the firearms really just a tool. I'm the motherfucking weapon. And so like that, that thought process that damn there becomes part and parcel with your journey as a gun owner, because if you if you, if you know, I know guys that were super fat and then started getting guns and was like, yo, I got to hit the gym. It's a natural impression.
Speaker 1: If the if the sheer power of it don't take you out, you realize how much power you start to have as it. But that's what I say. It's all about being taught how to thrive, and and I agree, I never thought about those rights like that. Those are all things to help you thrive in America and and people are taking them away to make human beings, to put human beings in survival mode. Yeah, you know what I mean, without the right to without the freedom of speech, to be prosecuted based off of the things you say. I guess, okay, if you don't want to like me, or if this company doesn't okay, if PEPSI saying, okay, glasses, I don't like your crypt, so I don't want to do business with you because you're saying you're a crypt I'm cool with that. But to be secuted by the government for saying that I'm a crypt, I mean, or anything that I want to say, to be prosecuted, it puts you into like a weak state where you have to kind of you're bracing yourself or you know. And that goes into you know, the right to bear arms, all of these things that give you power and you will be okay in this country. All the things that give you power and make you feel like you're going to be okay in this country.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, man, I think that's a great place to leave it.
Speaker 1: Ye, my man, I appreciate you, brother. I'm gonna make sure I put all of your socials in the comments. We don't really do all of the ship on the talk, but it'll be in the socials and the comments, man. And I'm for sure gonna show love and and really get down man if you need any help from me. And I'm damn dog watch would like that. Watching Contor would really.
Speaker 4: Like that in the in the late fall, Yo, Man, I'll come over to l A.
Speaker 1: Like I'll bring you to the side. I'll bring you to Watching Contor where that'll be really dope and and helpful.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: People really need to enjoy yo.
Speaker 4: Y'all know y'all had one of the one of our first classes in l A was in Remember that. Remember that gun range that Tupac was in. We had to Carl Kana shirt on it. He was loading up and talking.
Speaker 1: To the end. Now I wouldn't even know. Look, it was on.
Speaker 4: Elsa Gundo Boulevard. It was called Evans Training. It was a gun range. It was one of three black owned gun ranges in America.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we did that. It's mister mister Evans. He was retired. He was an African American elder. He was a retired law enforcement officer. And that was our very first class in in Compton and uh then we did one another one. Uh Tommy larn from Fox came to it. That was that another gun range over there.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna do it again, man, and we're gonna make sure we link up.
Speaker 3: When you go, I'll go, I'll be there right man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. Good looking out for tuning into the No Sellers Podcast. Please please do what's a favorite, Subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by my homeboys A King for the Black Effect Podcast Network. An Heart Radio Year