Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetta and He Armstrong and.
Speaker 1: Brand New Week.
Speaker 2: Live from Studio C See San you or this is the week it all comes together.
Speaker 1: We're in a deal.
Speaker 2: We're in a dimly let room deeper than the bowels to the Armstrong in getting communications compound. And hey y'all, today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 1: Ohio, the state, the state of Ohio. Yes, Ohio has.
Speaker 2: Just become the fifteenth state in the Union to adopt the flat tax.
Speaker 1: Really could it be?
Speaker 2: We are chipping away at the horrendous progressive tax code. I'll explain why I say horrendous, and it's not just because I'm fabulously like Jeffrey Epstein rich, but I certainly am. But no, the problem with their legion, problems with the progressive tax code.
Speaker 1: We'll get to that later. Love the flat tax.
Speaker 3: Okay, fantastic, it's another flat tax Monday.
Speaker 1: There's something to look forward to.
Speaker 3: Speaking to economics, that has happened just in the last couple of hours that Trump announced they made the big.
Speaker 2: Tariff deal with Europe. He's calling it the biggest deal that's ever been made in world history period until the deal with China's.
Speaker 1: Made and a couple of days or a couple of weeks, but biggest deal ever made.
Speaker 3: And they settled on a number for tariffs and all that sort of stuff that was good about to kick in. This horrifically high tariff was going to kick in on all of Europe in on Friday, on Agush first, and that has been avoided. I feel like the reporting on this stuff, you know that whole I've never believed it's actually a thing. Taco Trump always chickens out. I think one person said it once and then everybody, you know, Trump hating media acted like there was a a big thing. But why does everybody act like they've never heard of negotiating. So I've listened to the reporting today and says he once again lowered his number, He started this number, and this is what he settled for.
Speaker 1: So once again.
Speaker 2: Have you never bought a car or sold a car or anything in your life? Do you feel like that that you chickened out when you listed your car for twenty two but sold it for twenty one or is that just the way everybody does business. Welcome to Armstrong and Getty's stupid or disingenuous, where you the audience designed whether a reporter is stupid or just a liar.
Speaker 3: It's possible because they're all twenty three year olds with no life experience, that they never bought or sold anything.
Speaker 1: I suppose, But isn't that a given their affection for socialism?
Speaker 2: They obviously have little grasp of economics in general. Is this starting at this number and then coming down to this number the way like everything you ever by works pretty much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, happens a lot. So I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just don't see it being that thing. But AnyWho, not my lane in the whole tariff worlds. But they settled that. I'm glad.
Speaker 2: That seems like a good thing if we're not wondering about this or that. No I have I have a ninety one hundred and twenty minute long discussion of the tariffs ready to go that the time is indetermined because I'm still working on the songs. I'm thinking of it as being a musical tune, one of those one man shows where you have conversations with yourself have different accents, right, right, mixed with the famous dance recital in The Big Lebowski for those familiar with that fabulous movie.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's taking shape.
Speaker 3: Stay with us the other as as we come on the air, Trump's doing one of his multi hour press conferences. The other big news is he says he's going to shorten the whole fifty day cease fire with Russia. He doesn't sees no indication that Putin's even working toward coming up with a ceasefire deal, So no more of the fifty days is going to shorten. He didn't say to what I think I know why he doesn't see any sign Putin is working toward peace, because he ain't. I appreciate that, thuff her as opposed to pretending the entire fifty days that Putin is behind Kremlin walls, just frantically trying to figure out his ceasefire deal.
Speaker 1: Exactly, we must give more, We must give more. What shall we give? No? No, not at all. Please.
Speaker 3: How is everybody's weekend? Was it fantastic? Did you love it?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: I can't believe how close it is to school already. This happened as a conversation with Hanson, our executive producer. Summer's because of all kinds of weirdness.
Speaker 1: Some of it.
Speaker 3: I really hate with them adding more school days because they take too many days off during the year, or you get a lot of money for being in school another day, and all these different things. The sun takes a while to teach radical gender theory to seven year olds.
Speaker 1: They don't get it. It takes a while.
Speaker 3: I don't know where it is all across the country. But the summer is so short compared to when I was a kid. Yes, Michael used to be labor day.
Speaker 1: Labor Day is the last day, and after Labor Day we've went back to.
Speaker 2: The school starting like a month earlier. And that's a lot of weeks that you don't have for squeezing in vacation or whatever else you wanted to do.
Speaker 1: It's and the kids are.
Speaker 2: Getting dumber and dumber, engined by the government school performed.
Speaker 1: Don't blame the kids, blame the school.
Speaker 3: Always worth bringing up that none of these moves are leading to better outcomes. That's the argument I suppose they would make. It's important that we try to raise proficiency. Well, it's not working.
Speaker 2: If you were in favor of that, you'd be in favor of school choice. How how much of the school you're getting longer? Is just all the funding you get for being open a day? Well, every every state has a required number of days period. You don't get a super bonus for like going ten days over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they change the rules year by year of how many days you're going to be open.
Speaker 1: I realized what you're saying from the legislat.
Speaker 2: I thought, you're like looking at the schools as opposed to the legislature.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're doing ad hoc. No, Well, but isn't that the good? But who runs who runs the world? The teachers' unions exactly, But isn't that the reason?
Speaker 1: The reason?
Speaker 3: Because you you know, you add five days, that's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Money, and then they turn those into teachers' institutes whatever those are. I guess, And yeah, I don't, but there's got to be some good reason somebody who knows. Why is the school year so much longer than it was ten years, twenty years ago, forty years ago when proficiency in reading in math was much higher.
Speaker 1: So we're getting less for our buck, but the school years so much longer. That's one hundred percent true.
Speaker 2: Contrarian point of view, though it might have to do with the fact that vastly more women are working than were forty years ago.
Speaker 1: Fifty years ago, she.
Speaker 2: Extended the school year to have more government childcare. Correct, Well, that's not a good reason either. I want a reason that includes education. Does anybody reason? Does anybody have any reasons that adds up to it? Helps the kids?
Speaker 1: Get the audience laugh ready, Michael.
Speaker 2: Jack is looking for good reasons for government schools.
Speaker 1: To do the things they.
Speaker 2: Do, as opposed to corrupt, stupid, ideological, greedy reasons.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you this is not hyperbole. I'm not above hyperbole, but this isn't it.
Speaker 2: Our government schools are diseased to their bones, the entire system, all of it. It really is colleges and universities. It is clearly to a point where one wonders if one tends to use one in a sentence like one just did.
Speaker 1: One wonders.
Speaker 2: Whether there's any fix in it from the outsider, if it's just got to be torn down through aggressive school choice. Well, I know that answer. I've advocated for it a thousand times.
Speaker 3: I have an important point to make about the show, But first we need to start the show officially before we get in trouble with you. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, July twenty eighth. We're almost out of July. People, the year twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting and we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Trump's shiffings shaping FCC violators down to that El salvad Orbison. Yeah, they would hand off an They would have us down there, bent over and too old for that crap. Please, all right, let's beget officially that according to FCC rules, the REGs.
Speaker 1: Here we go, limping into action at.
Speaker 5: Mark, President Trump said he plans on going after Obama for ordering the Russian collusion investigation. He claims the only reason he let Hillary stay out of jail is because he wanted Bill to suffer.
Speaker 2: Oh now what that is means forty to see that punchline coming.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about this.
Speaker 3: So we're working on cameras for the for everybody, so we can start video wing the show.
Speaker 1: This isn't the same in video outlets, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Well, because because podcasting being available on YouTube or wherever is huge.
Speaker 3: Lots of lots of big podcasts with that. For whatever reason, lots of people like to watch their podcasts. Not exactly sure why, but all the biggest podcasts you can name are also video. So we're gonna do the same thing. But will there be any change in the look? I noticed today? I'm wearing a suit with a stiff, starched white shirt. You are wearing a cut the crap T shirt. It's a very different look. Will you change anything about that when we're on television? Yeah, I probably will.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you should, I'm just asking, well, no, it's a reasonable I didn't take it that way. It's a It's a.
Speaker 2: Fine, high quality cotton blend Armstrong and Getty cut the crab T shirt.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I might. I might pimp the merch a little bit. I don't know. It's funny.
Speaker 2: For most of our careers, you were much more casual than I was.
Speaker 1: I'd say, but I've freaked the Uh what do the kids say? The point in my life? So watch just I'm very comfort wear pants now? Huh you have to wear pants? Yeah? When we're on TV. Yes, Katie. It's just gonna say.
Speaker 6: I'm very much looking forward to Michael putting his shirt back on.
Speaker 1: He frees him up. Nudity brings them closer to Earth's mother nature. Katie, you just have to deal with it. The contract you should have read it fine print.
Speaker 3: So anyway, when that starts happening, we'll tell you all about it, because that'll be very exciting and I'm sure all the mockery, the endless mockery, that'll be fun.
Speaker 1: That'll be fun to wade through people watching christizes. That'll be a good time.
Speaker 3: So we got Katie's headlines on the way, and there's quite a few of them, and more of the news of the day to get to Trump is having a press conference right now where he's making news as he always does, among other things.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, dividing up Ukraine? Hansen, Did he mean dividing up Ukraine?
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll get Trump was just asked about making a deal with Putin around Ukraine and said something that's what. Okay, maybe we'll get to that later.
Speaker 2: It's funny we've been talking off the air about the fact that Trump holds forth Jack, You've referred to them as press conferences, a silly quibble. I think the press refers to them as sprays, which is a bad term of when the President just kind of in an impromptu way, is sitting there and.
Speaker 1: Alask answer questions rather anyway.
Speaker 2: But these sprays go on and on or whatever you wanna call them, go on and on and on, and it's become a bit of an editing nightmare for the crew.
Speaker 1: But he said something about Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, which we'll get to it a little bit later, maybe like a next segment. Yeah, coming up for what it's worth in voraciously consuming what I consume to get ready for the show. There's a lot of positive stuff today. Hey, that's progress. That's a good twist. I'm glad to hear that. So stay tuned for it. Doubt it uncharacteristically cheery, Armstrong and Geddy show. But first we must figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie Green Katie get.
Speaker 6: It well on the Russia topic from ABC. Russia hits Ukraine with hundreds of drones and missiles, prompting NATO response.
Speaker 2: Net a response in what way like a verbal response or did we bomb? Did NATO bomb?
Speaker 1: Verbal response?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, CNN is ray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm sorry, Katie, but yeah, Putin's really prone to a good tongue lashing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, and that's the way to get him in line from.
Speaker 6: CNN Israeli Minister Warren's quote, gates of hell will open in Gaza if hostages aren't immediately released.
Speaker 1: H I hope they mean it.
Speaker 2: Oh, coming up a really interesting look at is there actually starvation going on in Gaza? That is the lead story everywhere, But there's a hell of a lot of misinformation. It is an information war right now as much as we as a bullet war.
Speaker 1: One. I can't wait to talk about it.
Speaker 2: And something unique I heard on NPR today about that, So stay tuned.
Speaker 6: From the Wall Street Journal, Dollar Nasdaq futures rise after Trump strikes EU deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah certainty. From the New York Post.
Speaker 6: Florida County school board chair deletes comments celebrating Hulk Hogan's death as quote.
Speaker 1: One less maga, what is wrong with you people? Good lord?
Speaker 2: How can you be so sorely lacking in Judgment'll fire you for your lack of judgment more than your attitude.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're such an idiot.
Speaker 2: I mean you're such a child that you're emotional glee about the other side taking.
Speaker 1: A minor, minor hit.
Speaker 2: You've got to express it publicly despite your job.
Speaker 1: I mean, that makes you a moron. From the Washington Post.
Speaker 6: In a stressful human world, mermaiding gains popularity in DC area.
Speaker 1: What's mermaiding?
Speaker 6: Mermaiding is when a bunch of adults put on mermaid tales and sit in the deep end.
Speaker 1: Of a pool.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, oh boy, you should go hang out with the person who tweeted about Hulk Hogan.
Speaker 1: Mermaiding. Shut up, oh boy.
Speaker 6: From Breitbart dot com. Serial butt sniffer arrested again in California.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Now that's a hobby. And it's not a dog. It's a human. It's a human.
Speaker 6: It would not be much of a story if it was a dog.
Speaker 1: Right from Fox Business.
Speaker 6: Court rules that Google must pay twelve to a man who was photographed.
Speaker 1: Naked by their street view camera.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, now, how did they come to that settlement? Because I know a little bit about reaching legal settlements. If he'd been like really buff and good looking and like really well endowed, would that have been a smaller settlement?
Speaker 1: Or would if he owed them money?
Speaker 2: Or what I mean, if they catch me naked in my backyard, which I never am, but if they did, that settlement would be substantial because there would be a lot of derision, a lot of verbal abuse.
Speaker 6: And finally this one from the Babylon Bee. Hosts of the View go on hiatus to tear unwary sailors apart with their talons.
Speaker 3: Wow, we have some pretty giant headlines that are happening.
Speaker 1: As we come on the air.
Speaker 3: I mean, we type up a script for the four hour show every single day, we're gonna have to tear up several pages because of breaking news.
Speaker 1: So we'll get to all that coming up.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, plus that good stuff I was talking about, happy life, affirming positive.
Speaker 1: If Jack will get out of the way, can't imagine what you're talking about. Well, like the Ohio flat tax thing.
Speaker 2: I think that is a great sign of the good people of the United States, not the coastal elite media scum, but the good people in their common sense winning the day.
Speaker 3: All right, So we got lots on the way. We'll bring you up to speed on the breaking news and all that. If you miss a segment, get the podcast. Armstrong and Getty un demanded.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: We've had discussions.
Speaker 1: You and I have had discussions.
Speaker 7: We thought we had that settled numerous times, and then President Porton goes out and starts launching rockets into some city like Kief and kills a lot of people in a nursing home or whatever. You have bodies lying all over the street.
Speaker 1: And I say, that's not the way to do it. So we'll see what happens with that.
Speaker 7: A very disappointed I'm disappointed, and President Putin very disappointed at him.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna have to look and I'm going to.
Speaker 7: Reduce that fifty days that I gave him to a lesser number because I think I already know the answer.
Speaker 1: What's going to happen.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much, everybody.
Speaker 1: We'll see you. Let Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 3: Yet the psychology of that dude, there are some people that think that story he told a couple of weeks ago where he said, I'll get off, I'll have a good phone call with Putin and then i'll come home and I'll tell Milania I had a great phone call with Vladimir today, really good phone call. And she'll say Millennia will say, yeah, well he's bombing them again.
Speaker 1: And just bombing another city right now.
Speaker 2: And that it might just be because he was embarrassed in front of his wife that this has changed everything.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I wonder wow, because otherwise on a basis for American foreign policy up in the right place, it's just kind of a weird way to get there.
Speaker 3: More on that in just a second. On the whole rush of thing, got to tease a couple of things that are big. First of all, Katie mentioned in her little headline run down what I thought was a flipplant, flippant flipper it.
Speaker 1: Wow, what now? I hope this isn't frumius bandersnatch.
Speaker 3: I hope this isn't what we learned about in eighth grade English class about foreshadowing or something about what the whole week's.
Speaker 1: Going to be like for me trying to speak.
Speaker 2: Oh boys, what I thought Katie did was a flippant, frivolous story about a butt sniffer. Turns out to be a very big deal. The Burbank butt sniffer. He had got thrown in jail four years ago, he got let out, he immediately started up again, and we've got all the details on that story from the cops.
Speaker 1: We will get to next hour.
Speaker 2: Cereals, Wow, what the hell is wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many kinds of crazy?
Speaker 3: Are there anybody ever counted the total number of kinds of crazy?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that big a DSM book? Is that? Anyway? Back to you, I.
Speaker 3: Had another important story I wanted to tease, but I don't remember what it was. Anyway, So I guess we'll give back to this Trump saying I ain't gonna be fifty days.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to shorten that, because clearly Vladimir doesn't give a crap ah.
Speaker 1: But then that was to wrap up the press conference.
Speaker 3: But before that he got into this about Ukraine and talking to Putin, not exactly sure what he means.
Speaker 1: Here do you need?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't want to use the word la. All I know is would have a good talk. And it seemed, on let's say three occasions, it seemed that we were going to have a cease fire and maybe peace, and you divide it up and you do whatever you have to do that obviously to get to the end. And all of a sudden, uh, miss are flying into Kiev and other places, and I say, what's that all about. I spoke to him three four hours ago, and it looked like we were on our way. And then I'd say forget it, and I'm not gonna goalk anymore. You know, this has happened on too many occasions, and I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. Trump has dealt with gazillions of people doing all kinds of deals his whole life.
Speaker 1: Is this the first time.
Speaker 2: He's ever encountered anybody you can't trust? Surely not or a sociopath. No, I'm befuddled by his apparent slowness to come around of what kind of guy Putin is, especially given the fact that quite a number of his advisors should know and be able to communicate that to him. I wonder if he just doesn't buy it. Okay, well, thanks for moving in the direction of greater support for Ukraine. I guess I guess so.
Speaker 3: And I was listening to my Telegraph podcast on Friday. They have always had the latest on Ukraine. They said that Patriot missile deal is huge and they're already there the whole There are various stories about it. How many months or years or when they would actually they're there there and being set up or probably operational by now, because on Friday they said they'd be operational by the weekend. So we got them the Patriot missile battery.
Speaker 2: Fast well, as I believe Joe Getty reported, the idea was that the Europeans would just move them right across the border. Then we'd backfill for the Europeans. So yeah, it was pretty efficient.
Speaker 3: So the people claiming it would be six months before they were was that just anti Trump.
Speaker 1: People or I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was just wondering that same thing, whether it's just in competence or naysayers or I don't know.
Speaker 3: Speaking of news and what's true and what's so I was watching a little of the Sunday shows yesterday. The Sunday News shows, there are four major ones. God bless you, I wouldn't even show those shows to prisoners, ABC this Week, Meet the Press, Face the Nation, and then Fox News Sunday. Those are the four that I always take in, at least the beginning two of the four led with Epstein.
Speaker 2: On Oh you know, I was going to remark earlier that we have been e free so far today.
Speaker 3: Right, this is kind of I mean, obviously it has the name in it, but it's kind of a different take on it. On ABC this Week, they immediately went to their legal panel with Chris Christy, who I don't trust to be an honest broker on freaking anything. He might be the most annoying, annoying presence on all of television, and that's a hell of a bar. I think Chris Christie is the single most annoying presence on all of TV news.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen the view?
Speaker 3: God, he's full of crap and he hates Trump so much for being in Paris in public that he just humiliating him.
Speaker 1: Deliberately over and over again. Yet and he can't see straight because of that. Anyway.
Speaker 3: They also had Sarah izgaron from The Dispatch, who is a very honest broker on news related stuff and worked in the Justice Department under Trump and everything like that.
Speaker 2: They both completely flummixed as to why the number two person in the Justice Department, and really the person that runs the Justice Department, because the Attorney General's too busy, you know, is the top person to actually run it day to day. The person who runs the Justice Department spent nine hours interviewing Ghlaine Maxwell and they can't understand why that would be completely unprecedented that a person at that level would go interview somebody on a case that's old and settled.
Speaker 1: I mean, what is going on there.
Speaker 2: It just seems to be like without president of any kind for that sort of thing to happen, and nobody can understand why. Well, it's we're discussing last week unprecedented times unprecedented will equal unprecedented. And you have a bunch of higher ups in the administration who were podcasters and hype men for the Epstein conspiracy for long time. Now they're in power. They over promised, they under delivered. They thought it would go under the rug, it has not. And speaking of unprecedented, and I was going to get into this a greater length later, but you have a scandal that is being pumped for completely different reasons by the left and the right. The left never having the slightest interest in the Epstein story when they had all the power, but now because they perceive it by damage Trump, they're pretending to care. So anyway, Yeah, so the equals unprecedented is you got the number two in the Justice Department going down to the prison to talk to Madam Perv to say, look, we could probably shorten your sentence if you could give us anything that looks like a major revelation about the per Another powerful. Oh seriously, anything because this is a poostorm, that's what you think it is. That's interesting. Yeah, so you think the number two got involved to try to slam the door on this thing? Yeah, dig up something that would satisfy the base and therefore de energize the incredibly hypocritical democrats from howling about this stuff.
Speaker 3: That's that's pretty interesting. I haven't heard anybody say that with you, but that makes sense.
Speaker 1: The other.
Speaker 2: Part of it that is weird, well, that is that you know that that's so weird on its own.
Speaker 1: I mean she had to be thinking what is going on here? Right? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So a great deal more to come after a word from our friends that simply Save Home security?
Speaker 1: What does it mean? What does it mean to feel safe at home? To you? Good locks?
Speaker 2: Maybe an alarm would make up a lot of noise, make a lot of noise if somebody broke in, But then you.
Speaker 1: Don't want to wait until after the break in.
Speaker 2: And that's why simply Safe's new Active Guard outdoor protection is so amazing and helps stop breakings before they occur.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nice to be able to catch people who broke into your house, but catching them before they break in is really even more fantastic. And with the AI powered cameras and the live monitoring agents and all that detecting suspicious activity.
Speaker 1: It can happen.
Speaker 3: There are four million Americans that trust simply Safe. I'm one of them. I got the sign in front of my house and it makes me feel good every day when I'm back out of the driveway that I got The cameras and the sensors and all that going on costs about a dollar a day. Yep, as soon as our construction done, going back up rank number one in customer service by all sorts of publications monitoring plans.
Speaker 2: The supervance stuff starts around a bucket day. Can you believe that so much less expensive than traditional systems. Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system with a pro monitoring plan gets first month free simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. So we're not going to get into the details until hour two and actually hear from the police officers involved. But this guy, he would be like at a Barnes and Noble bookstore. They got in one video and he would like get down on his hands and knees behind a woman and it would appear to be trying to smell her from behind. Anyway, he did this multiple times and got caught, and it did it enough to actually go to jail for a length of time.
Speaker 1: He gets let loose, and like.
Speaker 2: Immediately he goes out in the public and starts doing it again. His mother was a native born American. His father was a Labrador retriever.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Police caught him when he stopped at a fire hydrant and raised his leg to urinate, and they were able to nab him.
Speaker 1: Wow, he hasn't well. I guess we'll get the full story next tower. And aren't we all looking forward to that? Plus the good progress they were able to apprehend him.
Speaker 3: They just kept throwing a chew toy and he'd run and get it minute, threw it again until they got him in.
Speaker 1: The jail cell.
Speaker 2: Right, plus us some good stuff happening university wise, the flat tax thing I was talking about bums and junkies soon to be easier to get off your streets and sidewatch all sorts of good stuff going on. I got a rant about that guy we encountered yesterday. Happens way too much in the modern world, crazy drug addict on the street. You have to always check to see to have my pocket knife in case I'm gonna fight for my life with this nutjob, crazy way to live.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we've got mail bag on the way next day here.
Speaker 2: I know our listeners would be unhappy if we ignored a good guy with a gun story like all of mainstream media does from that Walmart stabbing story.
Speaker 1: We will get to that coming up later in the show.
Speaker 2: Also, indeed, everyday heroes, nice job. Here's your freedom loving.
Speaker 1: Quote of the day.
Speaker 2: I was singing the praises of Ohio earlier for going with the flat tax. I believe fifteenth State Union to say the progressive income tax is a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: More on that to come, But I was thinking of famous Ohioans, and I decided to go with William Howard Taft.
Speaker 1: He was an Ohio guy, wasn't he Jack? I think so.
Speaker 2: That's my recollection. Don't have time to look it up. Most notably four things. He was the president, Supreme Court justice and finals jal and a senator. No, that was the punchline. That's the fourth thing. Oh okay, he ruined it Michael, would you agree he ruined it? Yeah, I'd say so, what was the third thing going to be another accomplishment? He was a Supreme Court justice president, and he was the he was a senator. I think he was like the majority leader.
Speaker 1: Of the Senate. He was the top senator. Fat as hell. Was not really an accomplishment. No, no, that's why it was a joke.
Speaker 2: Indeed, and the punchline which you ruined, Michael, I think do I recall correct?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Moving along, Oh that's right, I need to actually hit you with the quotes.
Speaker 1: Let's see what do we go? What do we like? There are a lot of good ones.
Speaker 2: We live in a stage of politics where legislat seemed to regard the passage of laws as much more important than the results of their enforcement.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, obvious, that's yeah. Here's another good one for it's been that way for a long time. That's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Politics makes me sick.
Speaker 2: That's a good quote from a guy who was at the head of all three branches of government. And then this is a little controversial. Now email Stu good let's get to mailbag. Well, this works half of tomorrow. I want to talk about that did not exactly have modern views on race, I'm afraid, but neither did practically anybody at the time. Drive us a note mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com. So Jake says, I thought i'd share this disappointing story. I was just in the People's Republican Davis. That's Davis, California, home of UC Davis. It is to the left of left. I was buying my son his first skateboard ever at the skate shop downtown. A couple of junkies got to in a full blown fistfight, and I mean full blown while we were in the shop. After they stopped and the spectator stopped watching, the twenty something year old store employee and I had the following brief conversation about it.
Speaker 1: Employee, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: My parents had a good point about those kind of guys because of capitalism, and because they'd probably come from somewhere where there's a lot of gang violence and stuff.
Speaker 1: That's what they're used to.
Speaker 2: Oh my, So they they come here to Davis because there's less gang violence.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Then Jake replied, do you think that's because of capitalism? Employee, Well, you know, it's really hard for them he's Jacob.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they come to towns like that because nobody enforces the law in towns like that, and you can do drugs all day long. As you guys always say, the kids didn't raise themselves. I then had to watch vigilantly as we walked right by the two that were fighting to get back to my truck. People were just looking at the two drug addicts with a smile like, wow, that was funny.
Speaker 1: Insane, Not to mention trying to explain it all to my kid, Yeah, yeah, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Tafton is the passage law is much more important than the results of their enforcement. California's case study in that passed a bunch of laws expressing a bizarre, progressive, illogical view of humanity, and they're suffering the consequence.
Speaker 3: Now you are discussing it with a probably stoned guy who works at a skateboard shop and a university town. But but how anybody comes to that conclusion is beyond me. Let's see, we had Hanson, our executive producer, produce some wacky songs via the Sumo It's suno Ai Music. We listened to the podcast, but my wife and I both use AI regularly. We downloaded the Suno, wrote lyrics and chat GPT, and in fifteen seconds we had a catchy tune. My wife's sister has not been well, so we thought we'd write her a song. Four minutes, a bullet points into chatch EPT fifteen seconds and sun we had a that made us both cry.
Speaker 1: We just stared at each other in disbelief. Wow.
Speaker 2: Then he goes on to point out we rode way Mo for the first time, all over San Francisco last week, and we're pretty blown away. I don't think we'll recognize our country in five years. I think the change is going to be stunningly fast. I don't think you could slow this down. It's coming in want to fundamentally change everything as we know it. And he says, best show on radio. Well, thank you, Tim, Yes, it's the program. Is Suno, not Sumo. Sumo is the sport in which people with taffed like physiques bump up against each other. I think autocorrect speaking of artificial intelligence, probably auto corrected him. But thanks for pointing out where the best show on a means of communicating that will soon not exist. According to the body of your emails, sir, moving along. Oh, this is pretty good, observation, ed Wright. Another sure sign of climate change, the climate not changing. The national media is pushing the heat dome story. That would be the life threatening heat dome. Ad do we have the life threatening heat dome? Slyly threatening healt dome?
Speaker 1: Good stuff.
Speaker 2: Let's see they're Oh, so they're pushing the heat dome story is another sign of climate change, without mentioning anything that doesn't support the narrative. For instance, San Francisco has had having the coldest summer in decades and decades apparently.
Speaker 1: But see, the scam is better than that. It's cleverer than that. Ed.
Speaker 2: They'll just say, Yeah, the the high pressure zone that's pushed or the low pressure zone that's kept, the high pressure zone displaced over the coast is a product of global climate change. Yeah, and so that's the beauty of the term climate change. It can be used to explain everything, including stability the thing.
Speaker 1: But we've pointed this out before.
Speaker 3: If there's going to be climate change, some places are going to be worse, some places are going to be better. If this is climate change for where I live, bring it on. I'm taking the exhaust pipe off of my diesel truck to bring on more climate change because this.
Speaker 2: Is awesome, right exactly, But you could you could say, yeah, the weather has been very, very stable for the last two years. That's another example of climate change that never used to happen. Therefore, we need trillions of dollars. See that's where a skeptical person would say, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, why do we need trillions of dollars and will it do any good? But most people never ask that question anyway. How much time do we have, Michael, not very much? Huh twenty five seconds?
Speaker 1: Well spent. Yeah, I don't really have time for that. Yeah, well it happens. We've teased some really great things for hour two.
Speaker 3: Man, it's too bad you listened to our one because our two is going to be really good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can't wait. Award Winner.
Speaker 3: If you have business segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand and it is on the way.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty