Speaker 1: Hi, I'm slun and this is Sloane nos Next, where we sit down with the future stars of tomorrow. Today's guest is Jersey Robinson, the number one ranked player in the class of twenty twenty six. Her journey of moving from Arizona to California to play basketball, to winning a gold medal with Team USA and signing with Clutch and Nike is a story you won't want to miss. All right, Jersey, thank you so much for coming on. Sloane nos Next. I'm so excited for you to be here. For those who haven't had the pleasure to watch your game or learn a little bit about you, can you just tell us your name, your age, and your position where you go to high school.
Speaker 2: I'm Jersey Robinson.
Speaker 3: I'm a convo guard, so one or two people you could say and might go to see your kin high school. I like to do pretty much everything one through five, so you know, three level scoring and things like that, like to mix it up, you know, mode of my game. After Star I was like Michael Jordan, Lebron and Kobe and all of them.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's big. Shoot the film, Okay, I like it. How old were you when you started to play basketball.
Speaker 2: I would say about seven or eight.
Speaker 3: I played a lot of sports growing up, and like track, I did track for eight years, soccer, tried it all, flag.
Speaker 2: Football, and then I picked up a basketball.
Speaker 3: I had twenty of my first game as my Okay, parents can attest to and then they're like, yeah, that was your.
Speaker 1: Shit for you. Is your family a basketball family or not? No?
Speaker 3: Actually, so my family is a football family. My mom my mom's family comes from a big football NFL family, and my dad play football Oregon State and touch the league for a little bit. So I'm definitely a big football family.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like that you said you play girls like football because I do too, and I feel like that's like an underrated thing. But it's really fun with position to deeplay quarterback. Okay, I actually play with the boys though. Oh that's big time. Okay, I did that too in like fourth grade. It's definitely fun for sure. How do you think playing sports like track, soccer, football helped shape you into the basketball player you are now.
Speaker 3: I think it opens you up to a lot of different aspects of life, whether that's you know, team sports, a lot of team sports. Yeah, it grows you in anywhere, whether it's you're togetherness, your sacrifice and things like that, and then you play individual sports which really build you as a person, your persavance, your resilience and things like that. So I think it's pretty much just rounded me to the person I am in all different areas and aspects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're sixteen years old. Who was the first NBA or WNBA player that you ever met? And do you have any stories with that?
Speaker 3: Oh, the first NBA player I met was Tyson Chandler. That's a little throwback, but I played a game at the Croc Center in Arizona, which is a big like basketball gym, and he was there and I met him. At first, I didn't know who it was. And then at the end people were like, Jersey, do you know who that is? And I like Tyson Chandler. I did some research and so I found that it was Tyson Chandler. So that was my That was my first NBA.
Speaker 1: So you weren't even starstruck or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't know him.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like, well, obviously it was probably like seven one.
Speaker 2: Okay, so tell that what you can tell. But yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard that you're a big lebron girl. Have you had you gotten to meet him Idle at Chosen Ones last year? Okay, so that was a crazy moment. I met him through Clutch and you know, you signed with Clutch and things like that. So when I met him, it was crazy. It was like a crazy mom No I could to keep a player from it, but it was. It was an amazing moment. Definitely a full Yeah, I'm sure I fingers crossed that moment comes from me. I probably will freak out that I may like scream or something like that. Who knows who has been an idol for you that you think has sort of helped you through this process.
Speaker 2: A lot of people, I mean yeah, personally like my parents.
Speaker 3: Really, I think they keep me grounded and who I am, and they keep me on the right track, keep me grounded with the men above, and that really keeps me on the right track for me.
Speaker 2: So I would say my parents, Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: It's so important to have a big support system. I think that that's the best way to be successful. What is your favorite NBA or w NBA team?
Speaker 3: W NBA team is the Aces, I'm walking with the Aces forever or like like even this year I'm still this year.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but and then Lakers. I go Lake Show because I Lebron. Really I'm a Warriors fan, so you know, but they're looking a little rough this year.
Speaker 1: No good start to the season. I mean we're seven and two, but we got smacked by the Calves last night. That was bad for It's okay, we'll we'll get there. I think with Buddy Healed Kyle Anderson.
Speaker 2: But Heald is playing great ballard he I mean he.
Speaker 1: Basically filled clay shoes, which I thought was gonna be hard to do. And then look at that. I'm really happy.
Speaker 2: I mean zero points. That's not really that, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, over ten an elimination game. It's like I feel like I could, I could probably make at least one shot in the game. Exactly. Is there someone specific in the NBA or the w that you model your game after you watch their film and you really want to be a player like them?
Speaker 3: Now as I grow well, early early on, I would say it was really a lot of Lebron. As I can older, and you kind of have to change your play style and adapt to like where you're going with this, she would say basketball, high school, basketball.
Speaker 2: Au watched a lot.
Speaker 3: Of Kobe Yeah, because he really has mastered He mastered the pull up game and the footwork and things like that. Then on the girl's side, I like Asia Wilson. She has a great face of game. She kind of learned how to extend pass the three point line out to the three point line. So I've been watching her a Rique love to watch her. She's great off the off the dribble. Ryan Howard does it also, Yeah, I like to mix it up, not just one, but I definitely like to.
Speaker 1: Modeling your game off the greatest. That's pretty cool, all right. So you're the number one ranked player in the class of twenty twenty six, which I'm sure feels a little stressful at times like that can be a lot of pressure on you. How do you stay humble? How do you stay grounded and just sort of keep up with this the fact that you really are the best, but knowing that there's like a lot in the future.
Speaker 3: It's for sure, my sports system, my family, my mom and dad, they keep me grounded. My mom keeps me humble at all times. Corey keeps me humbled at all times. But you know, my all of them combined they lift me up. Then make sure I stay in the live, keep working, make sure I know that you know this stuff like this podcast, things like that doesn't come out without without the work and without basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just making sure that's the main thing.
Speaker 1: Does it keep you motivated to know that like everyone is chasing your spot?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? And I love that. I think that makes it fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure it's fun to know, like when you're at a game, like everyone is going after you and that's a cool feeling for sure. What has been your most memorable basketball moment so far?
Speaker 2: It was in the gold medal, my first gold medal.
Speaker 3: It was you don't really understand it until it happens, because when like the USA across your chest is like something surreal that you dream about when you're younger, and I dreamed about that. So bringing glory back to the to America like at such a young age was amazing for me for sure.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk a little bit about Sierra Canyon, which is where you go to high school. I know you transfer transferred from Desert Vista. Can you take us through that story of your transfer and what that was like for you?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? So I played my freshman year at Desert Vista High School in Arizona. It's an abutuki, like a little outside of the city where.
Speaker 2: I was born.
Speaker 3: Okay, want to stay championship that first year, and the opportunity Nio had like really boomed, and so the opportunities with Clutch and with Nike and Jordan presented themselves and so as a family and we had to sit down and really consider, like, Okay, we'll have these opportunities. But it was a legal in Arizona, which is really a highlight because California they had passed the law to where you can and make money off of your name, image and likeness, and so it was it was a jump and a leap of faith that we had to make. And so, you know, my parents and my brother sacrificed everything and we moved out here my sophomore year. I signed with Nike in January of that upcoming year and it was just my life has changed.
Speaker 1: Forever, amazing. What's your favorite part about living in La the Beach?
Speaker 2: For sure, I'm an ocean girl. I'm an island girl.
Speaker 3: My parents' family is from My mom's family is from Hawaii, so I grew up there pretty much every summer, and so I love the ocean.
Speaker 2: I can serve a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm I'd like to say I'm great, okay, but I haven't served in a little while, so I got to clean up of it.
Speaker 1: The water here, I know, it's freezing and like gray, Yeah, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 2: I wish it was very different from Yeah, that's a little different, but.
Speaker 1: It's still lucky that we have this. What's your favorite thing to do in LA other than the beach, Like you go out? Like what places do you like to go to my my.
Speaker 2: My weekdays are just school, score out.
Speaker 3: But I just like going to LA and just seeing there's so much that happens in LA with just driving down like Mailrose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so much.
Speaker 3: So I like the shop, but my parents and my parents like to stress find ways to not spend money exactly.
Speaker 1: Who was the first celebrity that you saw when you were living in La?
Speaker 2: Oh, first celebrity QR from Outer Banks.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I treaked out. I freaked out about that, just like you're just walking at the h that like Sparks game. Oh okay, and I freaked out. Yeah, I feel like that's the coolest thing at least for me about living in la Is. I love when I'm just like walking on the street like Starbucks and like, oh my god, Like I just watched you in the show last night. That's definitely my favorite par It's cool. So we talked a little bit about high school and I know you also play a What do you think is the biggest difference between AU ball and high school ball.
Speaker 3: High school's a lot more structure, you know, coaches like you have paid coaches that strictly do that job. Yeah, and so there's a lot more structure worth AU it's really about getting a scholarship and promoting yourself the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's I feel like it's.
Speaker 3: More like individual like ideals, really like how can you look the best for these coaches at the next level, rather than maybe necessarily like the team success overall.
Speaker 2: So I would say that's do.
Speaker 1: You prefer one over the other? No?
Speaker 2: I don't even Okay, I don't. I mean no, I don't. I wouldn't say what is it like?
Speaker 1: I feel like I would freak out and be so scared. What is it like playing looking over at the sideline, seeing all these coaches, knowing that they're there for you? In an AAU setting.
Speaker 3: So the first time it happened to me, it was surreal. But I was like thirteen playing against seventeen year old, So it's like you don't have anything to lose, like go out there and play your best. And I think that's what you have the approach you have to take in life, like take the risk. Worse that happens is you fail, you get back up and you keep going. But most importantly is you just gotta be yourself. You gotta don't try to do too much, don't try to do too little, and just be yourself. And coaches appreciate that, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So, like you said, you were playing against seventeen year old at thirteen, which is crazy. In your time playing AU basketball, who have been the top three players you either played against or played with?
Speaker 2: Mmmmm, this is a.
Speaker 3: Good question because the twenty four class now that they're in college now, like those are all my friends, all my dogs. So so played against I played against that first year kk Arnold who's at Ukon right now.
Speaker 2: We played against them.
Speaker 3: We beat them, actually not the I played with Miara though, Miora O'Neil, she's at Florida now.
Speaker 2: And then and what else did I play with?
Speaker 3: I played against Kennedy Smith who's at USC, so she's good. She's a great player. So I would say those are top three.
Speaker 1: Is there anyone that you've played with, either in AU or in high school that you think is really underrated, not getting a lot of love from coaches that you want to shout out?
Speaker 2: That's a loaded question me.
Speaker 1: I like to ask loaded questions.
Speaker 3: That's still in high school now, Yeah, I gotta go with my girls. That's year kennes So Leah Edwards.
Speaker 2: Shout out Leah. She's from Britain.
Speaker 3: Actually she played with a great international team, so shout out Ashley Read. She came from New York last year transporting with me, so shout out to them.
Speaker 1: You know, because there's so many transfers, how do you guys find that sense of community? Because I know that that's so vital to forming a good basketball team.
Speaker 3: So when me and Ashley came in, it was a little rocky. Yeah, I can't lie at for some little rocky, But that comes with just spending time. You've got to spend time, build connections really care about and then that that transfers onto the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So do you guys hang out a lot outside of basketball.
Speaker 2: Yes, for sure, that's where O chemistry totally.
Speaker 1: Has there been a specific game so far in your high score Au career that it stuck out to you?
Speaker 3: A specific game? Ontario Christian was a great game. That was a great game for us. We won, We ended up going to the Open Division championship.
Speaker 1: That was it was.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of people in there, gym was packed. Ediwanda is always great no matter the rivalry. Yes, that's our rivalry. So those are great games. And then that first year when I won my state championship in Arizona, that was an amazing.
Speaker 1: If there's a game this season that people listening to this I want to like, They're like, I want to see Jersey play. What was the game that you would suggest that they come out to.
Speaker 2: Watch this season, this upcoming season?
Speaker 1: And that's where I see. I see. Okay, what are your pre game Richu wald or do you have any superstitions before you play?
Speaker 2: I'm not superstitious. That's not me. I don't do the superstitions, but I do.
Speaker 3: I liked a bag of candy before the game, not the whole bag, but I'm a big candy girl.
Speaker 1: So like before this, before you came, I was there was bowls of candy upstairs. It's bad. I like a bad candy.
Speaker 2: So I started getting retainers to get my teeth right.
Speaker 1: You have them to and I never wear them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's kind of problematic to my candy addictionation. We take it out, but the candy like gets stuck in your teeth and so yeah, so that's a that's a. But I'm a I like sweethearts, like airheads, sorrowfuls. Yeah, I like skittle, sorry skittle, So I do it all sour always sorry though, for sure. So I got to eat some candy before the game. I gotta pray before the game, get right. And then listening to music.
Speaker 2: That's really what means?
Speaker 1: Do you like to listen before?
Speaker 3: So I'm straight turned up, So like I go drake a little baby, young boy. I'm trying to incorporate a little bit of gospel like before before I turn up, like ground yourself, yes, just to get get in the right headspace.
Speaker 2: But I'm turning up.
Speaker 1: You need to post like a pregame playlist, like people need to have a Jersey's pregame. I would listen, Okay, I would listen. I think people would, and I want to see I want to see like a full YouTube video. You need to start vlogging so we can see the candy all of that. I do.
Speaker 3: I would have interest in definitely doing YouTube, but I know this takes a lot and it's editing, and that's just.
Speaker 1: I can do it for you. I can be like, Okay, guys, come with me to Jerseys pre game.
Speaker 2: Okay, watch out for me.
Speaker 1: Exactly. So we talked about Lebron, We talked about you meeting Shock, Smader, Banks, actors, all that, But who is the coolest person that's ever come to watch one of your games?
Speaker 2: The coolest person to ever come watch of my games? I don't I'm early Lebron Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you nervous? No?
Speaker 2: No, basketball is what I love.
Speaker 3: I've been doing it, so you're comfortable. Do I get nervous before games? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Think it was already sitting there, I was, okay, so you.
Speaker 1: Weren't even paying attention. Yeah, I would just block it out. I feel like that's the best way to do it. Like we said earlier, you go to Sierra Canyon. It's obviously a prestigious school in both sports, and academics. How do you balance being both a student and an athlete.
Speaker 3: Balance for me is all about priorities. So student comes way before the athlete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 3: Okay, if I get out of class and have a free period, I'm doing homework so I can maybe get on the video games later if I get my work done. So then we have practice after school every day. I'll stay probably about an hour after if the gym's open, get my work in, and then I'll just come home recovery. It's it's a lot of busy, it's a lot of sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's what comes with being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're about than me. I've never used a free track to do homework literally ever, Like I always try. I open my computer, I'm like going to type, and then I don't know, I started watching TikTok and then I just get too deep into that that rabbit hole. So now I want to move on and talk about a little bit about the W. I mean, looks like you're gonna be there pretty soon, right, so it's a cool thing to talk about it and get to know that you're probably gonna be there. With the current state of the W in women's basketball in general. What are your feelings about that. I mean, we get to live in a time where Kaitlyn Clark, Page, Buker's Angel Reiths. We're seeing these women becomes one of the most famous athletes in the world. It's pretty cool to see.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I think it's amazing because we've always had it. We're just kind of getting the notoriety and publicity that we've always deserved. Yeah, and especially being part of it playing high school basketball that leads into college and things like that. It's amazing to be a part of and it kind of inspires you to keep going and stay motivated and keep working so that you can be a part of it one day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Are there any players either in the w or in college that have been sort of mentors to you and have helped you? I mean, not many people can say they're the number one basketball player in their class, so it must be nice to talk to people who've sort of had that happen to them as well.
Speaker 3: So I talked to Juju. She's definitely been in this position. She's been a great mentor Page and we have good conversations. Jania Barker, who's at u c l A she's local, so you know, when we get together, we have good talks, and so I think it's just amazing to be, you know, involved with the people who are doing what I'm trying to do at the next level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the next five years, who do you think is going to be the face.
Speaker 3: Of the W n b A and the face of the W It'll be Caitlin for sure, Angel will still be up there. Yeah, Juju page all of them who are about to who are about to leave flage.
Speaker 1: And then in the in the NBA, who do you think is going to be the face of the league?
Speaker 2: Anthony Edwards for of course.
Speaker 1: And who's your favorite NBA current NBA player that.
Speaker 2: Isn't Lebron Absolutely Okay, for sure.
Speaker 1: Same. I'm like an ankrel and a share girl, but then I'm also Warriors fan, so you know it's complicated. I go, I go back and forth to share like completely opposite players, but I like their vibes. Okay, I'm like not strictly talking about basketball here, They're both like those are my two dream guests. Like I need to talk to them because Aunt also loves Candy. You know, It's like we need to talk to him about all that his candy pregam Rigel. My dream is to do a candy tasting video with Anthony Edwards, like that would be so cool.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe if this happens to come across your feet.
Speaker 1: Exactly, come on the pod. We can try all the candy exactly. Okay, So now let's talk a little bit about your social media, which is obviously such a big part. You know, we're teenagers, teenage girls. That's such a big part of who we are, whether on the court, on podcasts. I think that that's so vital and it's really helpful because, you know, we look back at even when Lebron was in high school, people knew him because he was on the cover of a magazine. People didn't really know who he was as a person. But now coming up, people get to know really a lot about you. It seems from your social media that you have a really beautiful relationship with your little brother and you post a lot about that. What's that like? Why is that important to you? So?
Speaker 3: Yes, I love my little brother. He's sitting over there smiling a little bit. I think for me, family is such a big thing and to have, you know, I have one sibling, so he gets all my attention. He gets all the love, whether it's beating him up in the video games, yeah, or we.
Speaker 2: Be on a two K he can he will never beat me a two K. He has never beat me a two K.
Speaker 3: And Cuba he can get the work even though he played football. Dad can get the work in that too. And we play Fortnite, so we've been on the video games.
Speaker 1: Better at Fortnite me. Okay, yeah, this is giving me like because I have a little brother too, and we play all those same games. But it seems like you're better than your brother. I hate to admit that my brother is so much better than me in video games. I never beat him. I need to I need to work or not. You may need to teach me how to beat your brother. So I know he plays football, right, are you trying to get him into basketball.
Speaker 2: Or he does both.
Speaker 3: He's definitely more of a football player and I not play football. So I love that for them, their little relationship. He's going to be great at it. He's going to be better than me. I can admit he'll be better than.
Speaker 1: Really, who do you think is his NFL player.
Speaker 3: Comp m hm, He's probably gonna be like six six so wow, I think but he I said, like DeVante Smith. I think he played the Eagles, right, M yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: That, see that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is your favorite memory.
Speaker 2: Of you and him? Hmmm? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Whenever I'm sitting over there so we're talking.
Speaker 3: Whenever I come back from USA, basketball is really happy. Maybe it's because I've been away at you.
Speaker 1: Think he's happy that you were away or happy that you're coming back.
Speaker 2: But no, but I don't know. I love him for sure, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now we're gonna move into a little rapid fire section, so I'm gonna ask you questions. We're gonna get quick answers and yeah, what is one aspect of your game that you're most proud of? And why? Hmm?
Speaker 2: This is rapid fire.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, it's rapid fire, but I'm a talker, so I always pretend like it's rapid fire and then I go and like talks, it doesn't matter if you don't go fast.
Speaker 2: Okay, that I'm really proud of. Wow, I never really saw.
Speaker 1: It and.
Speaker 3: Sat and think about that. Probably just my ability to get downhill. I think it's tough to stop me when I really get in motion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what's one aspect of your game that you want to improve.
Speaker 2: My remembrance to pull up. I'm definitely working to master that for sure.
Speaker 1: How are you working on that? Like? What drills are you doingff? Like that?
Speaker 2: A lot of stuff around here around this elbow spot. My dad might try and guard me. Okay, yeah, but a lot of.
Speaker 3: Just one dribble being efficient, things like that, one dribble, pull up, fade, fade spin, things like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Who would be your dream NBA and who'd be your dream w NBA player to share the court with.
Speaker 2: Lebron in Asia?
Speaker 1: Lebron in Asia? And then who would be your dream NBA and w NBA players to play against the same answer.
Speaker 3: I would want to play against Ant for sure. Yeah, yeah, I want to play against Ant and then.
Speaker 1: First to eleven verse it right now? Points you' putting up? Yeah right now, sixteen year old Jersey, So like not you in the future, Like.
Speaker 2: Now, who's getting ball first?
Speaker 1: I feel like, hmmm, good question. Maybe rock papers are shoot it, Like I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, if I give ball first, I'm gonna say eleven ten me wow, okay, okay, we need to see eleven ten me And.
Speaker 1: If you're hearing this, Come on, we can do it.
Speaker 2: Always. I'm always saying that it's going to be me till it's proven wrong. Yes, I like that.
Speaker 1: We're gonna see that one day, like the way that Stephen Sabrina did the three point comp at the All Star Game. We're gonna see Jersey versus a little one v one. I'm excited for that. Uh. What is your favorite clothing brand?
Speaker 2: Nike? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, and you're a Nike athlete, of course, so what is your favorite like non athletic where brand?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, mmmm, Forever twenty one. Okay, I like Forever twenty h and them. I haven't really gotten to my designer bag yet.
Speaker 2: Come that's gonna come a little more later, but.
Speaker 1: Maybe like at the draft, Like, yeah, yeah, for sure. What is your post game cheat meal? Well, I guess you're eating candy before then, Like, it's not really a.
Speaker 2: Cheat I was gonna But it depends on what my dad whips up. My dad is a crazy cook. Shout out dad. He might make some like some surfing turf right after.
Speaker 3: If you play one. If I put on, he might make some surfing turf. So lots of some steak and some mashed potatoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to try that. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
Speaker 2: Chick fil A?
Speaker 1: Same? What do you got with your order?
Speaker 2: Spicy Deluxe with a large fry?
Speaker 1: Wow, every single hooper that comes on here says Chick fil A is their favorite fast food. I feel like there's like a correlation between the two, Like, yes, if you're nice, then then then you like that's pretty much yeah. Wow, Chick fil A respond, I gave you that amazing compliment, Like, come on here, Okay, if you could go to dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
Speaker 2: I will go to dinner with Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good one. Wait, that's such a good one, and no one said that before, Like everyone always says Kobe, which obviously, like, that's a good one too. I like the Beyonce call. Who is your favorite non basketball athlete?
Speaker 2: Ooh, Serena Williams, even though she's retired, do you play tennis?
Speaker 3: I don't play tennis. I can just like to watch her. I can't play tennis. Like over the summers in Hawaii would go to tennis court and tennis.
Speaker 1: So Serena, you you guys play each other in tennis. You're still gonna say that you're gonna win her. No, okay, okay, okay, fair, fair, fair. What is your favorite movie?
Speaker 2: My favorite movie is.
Speaker 3: This changes a lot, but what's the most recent movie I watched? That's probably gonna be my favorite.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna just go one off the top because.
Speaker 1: Are excited for the new one I am? Or the live is there gonna be live action one?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I heard that.
Speaker 1: There's like a like the actually gonna be Yeah, it's gonna be cool and so.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like a correlation yea to it.
Speaker 1: I always have them Wana song stuck in my head, like whenever I'm like doing I don't know why. It's like I haven't watched one on so long and those songs are always stuck in my head. It's random, but it's true. Okay, what is your favorite TV show?
Speaker 2: Outer Banks?
Speaker 1: I could not get onto it. All of my friends loved it. I watched like the first episode and it just it was not working for me, but it clearly clearly worked for you. Okay, try again, Okay, Season four just yeah, there's a new season, right, yes, I don't even know, like season one is the best season. So okay, so that's like the one I'm like, I saw spoilers though on TikTok and I don't even know stuff like about the show, but like I heard like what was it interesting? Well did you watch it? Well?
Speaker 2: I haven't finished.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I feel like I don't know. I don't know if I I can't you talk a little bit about playing video games, you know, with your brother, But what's your favorite video game?
Speaker 2: Fortnite? Easily? And they brought back the original season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I'm so excited by that. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Last night?
Speaker 1: Who's your favorite streamer?
Speaker 2: Kat? If I could be stream that would be crazy.
Speaker 1: He when we were at the All Star Game, I just like took a random video like nothing special or anything of him playing in the Celebrity game and he reposted it and it was before he was like like legit, like he was still like famous, but not like as Famas was now. It was like the coolest one of my life. But all these people were like it was it was insane. Who is your favorite singer Beyonce? Beyonce? And what's your favorite song?
Speaker 2: Absolutely by Beyonce.
Speaker 1: Or just in general, But either way, my favorite.
Speaker 2: Song right now is one of these. Lma m.
Speaker 1: She just dropped it, Jason Tatum, Lma love Yes. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Speaker 2: Coffee? I love coffee ice cream.
Speaker 1: Are you a coffee drinker too?
Speaker 3: I don't drink coffee, but I love coffee ice cream. Shout out to my mom for that.
Speaker 1: She that's her thing. I know, I like real like I like Starbucks coffee, but it has to be really really really sweet. There has to be like a lot of like sweeteners in it. But ice cream I don't. I just don't like coffee.
Speaker 2: Ice cream is like single handedly the best thing that has ever graced the earth.
Speaker 1: Really, so, Guy and outter Banks are like your two suggestions for me that I gotta get on. Okay, I'm gonna try that after this episode and I'll tell you what I think. What is your favorite on the court sneaker.
Speaker 2: Kobe six, Grinch, well any any Kobe six?
Speaker 1: Any?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And what is your off the court go to sneaker?
Speaker 2: Ooh, I love a Jordan Ford and a Nike. Dun't do you get Kobe's given to you?
Speaker 3: Bye bye Nike. That is something that that's a perk that is so cool, it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Do you wear new shoes every game?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay I could, I don't, Alexa, no.
Speaker 2: But no, because like I like to have to break in my shoes, you have to break them in.
Speaker 1: I've never understood. I saw this video of Dalton Neck on the Lakers and he gave his shoes before the game to a little girl, and I was like, wait, so he's just gonna start playing with these new random shoes.
Speaker 3: I didn't know as like, as a hooper, I prefer to playing broken his shoes. But if I could have fresh pursues that, I like, you would do it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I feel like I don't know how you could play without them getting broken in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just eat ignore it.
Speaker 1: What is your go to emoji?
Speaker 2: Oh? The crying faced ones with the two streams right there.
Speaker 1: Like, but do you use that like in like a serious way and a laughing and a laughing way? Okay, Yeah, it's really awkward because you know when like something sad actually happens and you have to use emotion and you're like, no, wait, this is a laughing It's complicated. We talked about candy earlier, But what is your like there was no more candies left on earth. You could only choose one. What candy would you be choosing?
Speaker 2: Airheads? Powerfuls?
Speaker 1: Is that the ones with this stuff inside? Okay, I like airhead extremes a bit, my favorite. Okay, because you told me to get on coffee ice cream.
Speaker 2: This is this is okay.
Speaker 1: You have to get the like mini milk dud boxes like your little ones and freeze them. It is like life changing milk dug Yeah. I know I'm being I know I'm being judged. I know I'm being judged because like I'm not a chocolate person like I like, if I had to pay a candy, I would pick like gummies, But milk duds are life changing, especially when they're frozen, Like it is life changing. I don't buy milk duds like yeah, okay, it is old fashioned, like I'm taking get them like a gas station. I'll send you something and then you can try it, and then you'll let me all. You know that you probably that's probably exactly pretty much. Oh, because you're saying you want ate it. Oh no, I'm sure I'll eat it. Give it to me. I want them. Who is the most famous person in your contacts.
Speaker 2: Jamal Crawford, but Page is pretty up there too.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so that's cool. So do you just like FaceTime her on like a random beat?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's cool. That's a flex. Okay, who is your celebrity look alike? Have you gotten one before?
Speaker 3: Somebody said and my TikTok comments one time and McKinley was like, absolutely not, absolutely with it.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite podcast? Yes? You already I like to hear. All right, So now we're gonna go on a little rapid fire. So I am going to say a name. I'm gonna say a word, and I want you to tell me either an NBA player or a w n b A player that you think matches.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, So defense and I Q bron clutch, cold selflessness, Curry Aura and veteran.
Speaker 2: Veteran bron vision.
Speaker 1: Bron instincts.
Speaker 2: And drip shay.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, that's like the only way to answer that. I feel like pretty much. Okay, So, Jersey, if you had to nominate one guest to come on Slow Nose after you, who would it be? It? You gotta want to post on Jersey amazing, Thank you so much for being here. This is so much fun than having me.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Of course. Thanks for listening to this episode of Sloan Nose. Next you can get links to my socials and seeing behind the scenes fun from Jersey and I in the show notes, or just search at sloan Nose on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. Remember that's Slowne with a kne