Speaker 1: I do need to have a question. And Chris, can you pull up this this photo for me?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: This iconic fun I remember this.
Speaker 3: I was trying to get past, was trying to hold me, you see, I was trying to get past. I was trying to get to Lj's ass. I was trying to get to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is first of all watching this vividly watching this to talk to me about this.
Speaker 4: Look at, Jeff, look at.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: That's loyalty right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no doubt, listen, I mind, Jeff. It was that pitchure defines pretty much the intensity level of every Last Knicks heat games in the nineties, everyone, even the regular season games. And it was ironic how we met in the playoffs for four straight years. It was so ironic, you know, And it was a classic hat feeling McCoy's.
Speaker 4: Type of what that money at your ask.
Speaker 3: We got tangled up and there was some words exchange, you know, a couple of elbows.
Speaker 4: And we just went to scrapping, you know.
Speaker 3: And obviously, you know, there was already a pent up rivalry, a built up rivalry, you know, and that just just led to something.
Speaker 4: But it was several this wasn't the only fight fight t J D T.
Speaker 2: Charlie Waters going on back there. You didn't need nothing.
Speaker 4: You didn't need nothing to start, you need flipping damn right, crazy we had several.
Speaker 3: Fights, you know. But but you know what, all this was a derivative of pat Riley coaching in New York, next transition in Miami.
Speaker 4: So he planted this.
Speaker 3: See he planted to see that type of mentality in New York. Jeff Van Gundy was his disciple. He planted to see in Miami as well. So you had two very similar teams playing the same way. That's why the scores were so low. The scores were in the night that the games were in the ninth eighties and nineties. After you brought that up, he planted to see because damn right.
Speaker 5: So so Pat is the culprit, because I'm so crazy now to see I can't I only think one way?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that one way?
Speaker 2: Yeah is crazy?
Speaker 4: This is oh yeah, Oh they're showing all the highlights.
Speaker 2: Hold on, les, we didn't want to see all the highlights. You just want to see I don't mind.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: That's a tough was tough. Bo was a sticker. Yeah, he's a good killer like, looks like he has a bottle of jack da killer looking kill man.
Speaker 2: Listen, I ain't no way boy, call again, Ready for Jeff? Be ready? Oh many killer? You throw me like that every time I see you.
Speaker 4: You see how we all rushed though all of us was over there of us.
Speaker 2: Ain't nobody care about no money getting paid? He liked that ship. We would do it again, and we would do it again. Look, I ain't get that fast enough.
Speaker 4: It's so smart tooth.
Speaker 2: Y'all was sick, so you got a little smirk on your face too.
Speaker 4: Damn. Let's get it on, baby, Let's get it on't know no other way.
Speaker 2: Look at his feet. That is insane.
Speaker 3: Just picked his ass up and flip suspension. I didn't realize how strong PJ was.
Speaker 5: Pick a man up and listen, and I'm not wishing no bad look, but please tell me he got suspended.
Speaker 4: He got suspended. God damn, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that looks like that little ship that you blow, you know the things you blow it it's spin around like that.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: That's crazy to do another grown man like that. The trophy at his classics, the trophy fall out of Charlie, the trumple fall out.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: I can watch that ship over and.
Speaker 2: Over and over again.
Speaker 5: Those nineties y'all were fucking nuts. But man, I wish I could have played in that era. I'm sure you would have fit well in there. You would have fit well in that Ara, my brother, no doubt. And you talk about Lebron, Lebron would have played well in the nineties, kidding me. Oh, we would have laid some wood on him though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we took him out of the air a couple of times, you know, but he would have bounced right back because the way he's playing now is just unreal.
Speaker 1: So talking about the now talk.
Speaker 5: About Miami heat now, I know it's before we talk about heat now. I got I was because we work on our skill set. You work on your shots, you work on your handles, you work on your post movies, you work on this the elite shot blocking, right, What is that like? Is that just some ship that I think I do that my career. Yeah, I got a couple of block shots, but I gotta catch you slipping. I gotta catch you slipping with the elite shot blocking? Bro?
Speaker 4: Is that like?
Speaker 2: Is that just Gods? Give me? You know, it's just something that work to watch film.
Speaker 4: It's just an actual, first of all, average, because what fuck are you six nine?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm six ten six nine, So I'm six seven six. I'm six seven sixth. I got like a seven six wings. That's true, that's true. But you six is fairly athletic. That was very athlete but six nine yeah, so it first of all, it's pursuit. I averaged a triple double in high school. Averaged almost eleven blocks a game in high school. Okay, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I was like twenty seven points, fifteen rebounds, and like eleven blocks a game. So when it started back then, it started back then because my high school coach was he would always tell me, I don't want them to score in the paint.
Speaker 4: I don't want them to score.
Speaker 3: So I developed the habit of going after shots and then and then Big John would tell me Bill Russell used to to keep the ball in bound, So then I started making short. I didn't throw the ball that I would just catch it at his peak, keep it in bound so we could start to break with it. So we keep the possession because otherwise you a lot of shot blockers. They block it out of bound, you know, a lot of oohs and odds out of the out of the fans, and I'm like, well, they just got the ball back and they about to score, you know. So you know, and then you know, as my career development, I just say, you know what, there's gonna be nice where I struggled to score. You know, I'm not gonna have the ball in my hand, not bringing it up the corner. But I still got to find other ways. I got to find other ways to help my team win. So I had to defend and I had to block shots, you know. And so that's why game six, you know, when coach put me in the game, I say, you know, I'm gonna get in here. I'm gonna defend like a maniac because we're down. It's game six. You know, I want to try to get us back in the game.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: So everything that went in that basket, I was going, I was blocking, I was trying to catch it. I was trying to go. Yeah, most definitely, you know. So that was my approach to every game.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I felt like, first of all, I was given to God given physical abilities, you know, and I just wanted to use it to the best ability to help my teammates, you know. So that's why anytime I want Defensive Player of the Year, I used to thank all my teammates for letting the man blow Byah. But I would get in your ass if you didn't take my man out to play, because a lot of times.
Speaker 4: Just keep coming, you get blown by, just keep coming, take my man out.
Speaker 2: I would love to have that.
Speaker 4: Hey, best of luck, for.
Speaker 3: No doubt, because a lot of time they would try to loft it up. I would change the shot and then my man would get the tipping. All that pissed me off. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I used to curse my team teammates out of you said.
Speaker 1: A defensive Player of the Year won two of them, correct, I.
Speaker 4: Won two of them. Should have won more.
Speaker 3: But you got to think during that era, you had Patrick, you had David Robinson, you had a king who has the most blocks in the history of the league.
Speaker 4: You had to Ken. I mean, you had all these great shot blockings. So it was hard, man, What what was hard? What would you say? But I held my own though. What would you say?
Speaker 1: If I could tell you we could rewind back and if for every time you won Defensive Player of the year to put you in a super max category and make an extra ninety million years.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh would have been on Oh for sure that.
Speaker 2: In Senate.
Speaker 4: Oh no doubt. I would have won it every year. I would have won it every year. I want every year, Oh no doubt. Crazy.
Speaker 3: Which is crazy that these young players now have those incentives in the contract, first, second, third to All League.
Speaker 4: Oh man.
Speaker 1: The NBA season is heating up, and there's nothing better than being at the arena live. You can set the crib and watch a game, or you can get to the game see your favorite players play live. That's why you have to go to the game Time app. Go to game Time now and get your best seats to see your best players play. You will not get better deals anywhere than on the game Time app and with game Times all in pricing, the price you see is the price you get. There are no hidden fees or surprise fees at checkout.
Speaker 4: What could be better?
Speaker 1: The Game Time app gives you the lowest price guaranteed. That means if you find a lower price anywhere, game Time will guarantee you one hundred and ten percent of the difference. Take the guest work out of buying tickets with Game Time picks. Download the Game Time app, creat an account and use code oj for twenty dollars off the first purchase terms applying again, create account and redeem code ogs for twenty dollars off.
Speaker 4: Download Game Time today. What time is it, hoop fans?
Speaker 1: It might be April, but the college basketball action is not going anywhere. Bracket already busted. No problem, you can still get it on the action with my partners at DraftKings sports book. Right now they are offering all new customers one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly after betting just five dollars. Download the DraftKings app now, sign up using code ogs and bet the unexpected. The crown is yours. Stay in on the action and use your one hundred and fifty dollars and bonus bets on DraftKings same game parlays for a shot at an even bigger payout. Combine multiple bets together from the same game. Love the thrill of live betting. DraftKings has got you covered. Bet live on in progress games right as they happen, making watching the games that much more exciting. If sports betting is not yet available in your state. Don't worry, you can still join in on all the fun with DraftKings Pick six and have the shot to win cash prizes. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app Now, new customers, use my promo code ogs and bet just five dollars on any wager and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. That's promo Code Ogs only at DraftKings Sportsbook