Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This He's Talking Cowboys, screening live from.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 2: Course at the Star in Friscoll.
Speaker 4: Putson take burners here, let's got kid take twenty psident of the.
Speaker 5: Texdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 1: It's a terrific Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the s WBC studio.
Speaker 2: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 1: We've got the whole cast and crew ready for you to rock today with Patrick Nocy, Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah standback, Chris Bean in the back.
Speaker 2: I'm Kyle Yeomans. Let's go.
Speaker 1: It is a Thursday, which means we are previewing the Dallas offense taking on that New York Jets defense today.
Speaker 2: I like how, no, don't say that, don't anything.
Speaker 3: I like how you're saying it.
Speaker 6: You sound like an old sportscaster from like a good Night and Good Luck.
Speaker 7: Era talking about World War Two for the first time.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, like, like where you draw out your words a little bit.
Speaker 8: Dallas Cowboys are taking taking on the New York Jets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Like if you were, if you were broadcasting for the Jeffersons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Rochester Jefferson is my favorite team.
Speaker 3: I love the Jets.
Speaker 2: To them go Jeffs go greatest j.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just had to be there for those that weren't there.
Speaker 2: You just had to be there.
Speaker 5: That's so perfectly timed for for who were playing.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Isaiah, Why sir? How was good Morning Football?
Speaker 3: It was work man.
Speaker 2: It's the second best morning show in the country.
Speaker 3: They're saying it comes down just a little bit earlier. But yeah, yeah, it was good man. It was good. Yeah, it was good man. How are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Doing great? Splendid?
Speaker 1: Excited for some QB vision in the second segment, Yeah, let's talk about it, and then we've got some lab code in the third segment.
Speaker 2: It's another double dip Thursday.
Speaker 4: I'm always excited for news and notes. Let's get into it. Then, Hello, Hi there, news and notes. I don't I should be excited about news and notes.
Speaker 5: No, No, because first aid kit.
Speaker 7: Dang it we're talking about pharmacy.
Speaker 3: We need.
Speaker 4: We were talking about farm like the call of duty one where you just hurry up and hit it and they come right back to life.
Speaker 5: No, no, that's the stem. Now they need. Some need a stem, which is fine. Some need you know, time a bit more than that. Some time, Yeah, some neat time. Those sums huts. Let's go with that. Me is include Tyler Booker. Obviously with his ankle injury. He did not participate in Thursday's Wednesday's practice, so he's going to miss some time, as we will know. The same goes for Ceedee Lamb with his ankle did not participate as expected, but Ceedee Lamb was out on the field doing some rehab work with the rehab group on the cords with Britt Brown, so that is progress. Ceedee Lamb has made progress.
Speaker 7: Was he wearing a boot, No, he was not.
Speaker 5: Some very very pristine Cleatstough, which is typically the brand for CD.
Speaker 1: So only boots we like around here are lu casey mm hmm, heck yeah.
Speaker 3: Dude, you have no I don't okay, I.
Speaker 6: Need you to pull up on Friday with some with some Luke. Absolutely spots of the show come on now I think you should do. In addition to blackrapt.
Speaker 3: Her done, get her done.
Speaker 5: Malie Cooker did not participate with the toe injury suffered in the matchup against the Packers. Miles Sanders, he did not participate. It's listed as a knee and an ankle, the slash ankle issue for Miles Sanders. Yeah, but you know, schattenhammert had a lot of optimism that Miles Sanders should be available or might be available to play against the against the Jets. I don't know if that holds true. Regardless, you're gonna need some insurance there, given what he's dealing with.
Speaker 3: You have it? Do I have?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 3: Do you have? Insurance? Blue? Cross Blue shield that works.
Speaker 1: That's a great title, like for for a headline Cross Blue shields.
Speaker 5: So there you know, there you go, Tyler Guy. Tyler Guy remains a concussion protocol. Obviously, he needs to clear that in order to travel to take on the Jets. We'll see if he clears today or tomorrow. I mean he has technically until uh pre prior to the flight taking off to clear to be able to make that game. We'll see how that works. Hmmm, it gets worse from there.
Speaker 4: No do just just the recap before you move forward with it. It gets worse. Still out your right guard, yep, stilled out your center, absolutely, and as of right now, out.
Speaker 3: Your left tackle.
Speaker 4: Okay, three out of five you're ready, I am okay.
Speaker 5: Four out of five. Tyler has a knee issue. He did not participate in Wednesday's practice. There is a chance that Tyler Smith may not play against the New York Yet.
Speaker 4: That's your left guard, that's your You're all all pro left to go, highest paid in the league. Yes, just check the best guarden in football, in football.
Speaker 5: Just so, four out of five, four to five.
Speaker 3: Terrence still is the lone ranger. He's the lone rings.
Speaker 8: As it stands, I am, yeah, idiot, I get it.
Speaker 3: That's how that's that's how we feel.
Speaker 5: But wait before you elevate Novanturpin. No, yeah, Cavante Turpin's dealing with a foot issue.
Speaker 3: He had a boot on.
Speaker 5: He did not participate in Wednesday's practice either. He is expected to potentially miss at least the Jets game. And from what I'm hearing, it's a week to week evaluation of Cavante Turpin. Yeah, let's just go week to week. We're not hearing IR on him just yet. But it's disappointing because Turpin was able to battle through that neck issue to remain available for the Cowboys when they took on the Packers, only to suffer a foot issue that is going to take them off the field against the Jets. Now let's go to a positive note. We have two players who were designated to return from IR yesterday, Cayln Carson and Jonathan Mingle. Both returned to practice on yesterday, so their twenty one day practice window has been opened. So the Cowboys have until October twenty second to make a decision on if they're going to move them to the active roster or if they're going to revert them to season ending IR. So you got one player on each side of the ball there. Trevon Diggs, he was participating in a limited capacity. Kenneth Murray dealing with an issue in the issue, but he participated limited dron Land full. So yeah, Cowboys are kind of a mass unit right now. And I saw someone say, well, you know, you'd rather these things happen earlier than later.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 5: It's also true though, that you have to remain relevant so that when these players return it matters, yep.
Speaker 1: So and remember what we've had the conversation with about the schedule.
Speaker 2: When is it favorable before Yeah, early.
Speaker 5: In the year, yeah, nically right now, particularly over these next two games, because after these next two games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jets Panthers, Yeah, coming up, and then you get Commanders Broncos, Cardinals before the buy, and then after that it's Raiders, Eagles, Chiefs, Lions, Vikings, Chargers, Commanders.
Speaker 7: I don't like that.
Speaker 4: So, just just to recap, you have one remaining starting offensive lineman. You're out two of your starting receivers arguab top three or four, so he's also your top return.
Speaker 2: Top returner, pro returner.
Speaker 6: And arguably your second wide receiver currently with City being out.
Speaker 2: Could argue that got you just want to.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of the way that you've acted in this segment because you haven't thrown a mike like a windscreen.
Speaker 2: You haven't like thrown your coffee is on the cusp? Is he on the cusp? Because he's on the edge, bro, I mean, have you just given up?
Speaker 3: Is that? Why give up? You don't normally there's a.
Speaker 2: Little emotion here, Isaiah.
Speaker 4: I had already had my moment before coming in here. You know, I had some of that information, so I already had my last case.
Speaker 3: This isn't a Tyler Booker moment for you.
Speaker 5: No, that that's what I was referencing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they completely knocked you off.
Speaker 2: You but you don't have Tyler No, I mean Tyler Smith the injury.
Speaker 4: So we knew about CD, we knew about Booker, we knew about you know, BB still being out. The only surprise here is Terby Turby speed speed, and he has not been involved as much as we would have liked him to be to this point. So though you will miss his presence, I don't feel as if that's as dire.
Speaker 3: Of a.
Speaker 4: As a whole a whole as some of these other positions that we're talking about.
Speaker 5: I think it when it comes to turping. Obviously, him not being on the field it impacts you offen sure, but most certainly impacts you on the special teams front. That being said, they returned Paris Campbell to the practice squad. So if you're talking about trading off speed for speed again, we're not going to say Paris Campbell or even Jaydon Blue or Cavante Turpin, but speed for speed, Okay. At least you at least you're not seeing that fall off there. And then keep in mind, I know it's been he's a while removed from it, a long while remove from it. But go back and look at Paris Campbell as a returner for Ohio State. He knows how to get it done. We'll see if the Cowboys give him or Jay and Blue the knot in that capacity in the absence of Cavante Turpin. But make no mistake about it, Turp's not on the field. There's going to be a fall off.
Speaker 7: Harry Perry speedspeed in coming.
Speaker 8: He would have to be elevating, right, I don't know, see Patrick, you know, honestly, it doesn't look great.
Speaker 6: The injury report is awful. But for me, the silver lining is the fact that Ceedee Lamb is not in a boat and he was out there not practicing with the team, but he was going through drills with the rehab group and he to me, it doesn't look like they're sending him too ir at this point, why would you, Yeah, the sooner he gets back, the better. I think that would ail a lot of the problems that you have, even the offensive line. Ceedee Lamb helps your entire team helps your entire offense. If you have him, and now George Pickens, who is starting to cook, I mean, who arguably has been cooking so far this year. That's just even better. Like get him back to the field as soon as possible. That's the most important thing to me right now.
Speaker 1: Completely agree, And I think when you've got those two guys, you can kind of get the ball out quick. You can scheme around that that pressure. You can just think and dunk a lot. It's gonna be a lot of chake first and I can. I mean, that's what's gonna happen in wild CDs out of the fold this week.
Speaker 2: You're gonna see, Yeah, Jake Fergus started.
Speaker 1: League need him, need him this week, that CPR targets are going to be significant, more receptions in the first four weeks of the year than any other tight end in NFL history. And he can be said history history in the Super Bowl era, I believe, Actually Everdom, I think so yeah, everything that's the case.
Speaker 2: He has.
Speaker 1: He has to catch seven I think this week to keep that pace and pass.
Speaker 2: I think, like Zach Ertz, it's in big Facts. It's on Dallas Cowboys dot Com right now. Yeah, it's up.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, let's take our first break because we've got a lot to get to here in this show.
Speaker 2: When we come back, it's time for a little q B vision.
Speaker 1: Yes, we preview the Dallas offense taking on the New York Jets defense.
Speaker 2: Isaiah, What do you got cooking over there?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's brewing, Kyle. You know I'm saying a cook up some green stuff. Nobody likes the green stuff out.
Speaker 2: We'll cook it up when we come back.
Speaker 9: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build a future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right.
Speaker 3: We're with you.
Speaker 9: That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 3: Where with you? Where are you not it?
Speaker 1: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 3: How's it going? You see that Cowboys game?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: I watched. I've been seeing some good thanks totally. They have some talent.
Speaker 2: You have some creat talent, and they got some fight hoping.
Speaker 3: This is the year me too. Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you. Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 8: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice.
Speaker 2: What would you like the power to do?
Speaker 8: Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation.
Speaker 5: I'm home, Hey, mom, Before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Hey can you hey?
Speaker 3: Hon?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 3: Here's your wine. Wow.
Speaker 2: Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 3: We think so.
Speaker 11: That's why if there's a network interruption and t will proactively credit you for a full day of service. Guaranteed credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes and more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes and more caused by a single incident Pact ten more towers strict exclusion supply att dot Com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment of the show has been brought to you or is brought to you by in vis a line the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. Glad you're back with us here on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Got a comment of the.
Speaker 1: Day, all already already Wow. The first segment, Yes, you're gonna see why. This is one of the best comments I've ever seen in my life. Comes from my mom. Hey, it's mamma yeomans.
Speaker 3: Mamma yeomans.
Speaker 1: She said, is Isaiah faking drinking his coffee? Looks like an empty cup?
Speaker 3: Over there? It is? Now it's empty. Now, Mom's good to see you. Mom, Love y'all.
Speaker 1: She's like directly called out Isaiah.
Speaker 4: I don't think to drink that coffee. Okay, I don't drink anything else, but I drink the coffee.
Speaker 2: They drink the black rifle.
Speaker 3: Wait, so so do we do we call her m.
Speaker 2: Y No, she's she actually prefers mama.
Speaker 3: Yo, Mammy.
Speaker 2: That's what she was called, like all the way through like years football years.
Speaker 6: You're buying a house today, go check out Mammy.
Speaker 3: She is a real turn We love due mom. Dudes, we're gonna keep a hurt.
Speaker 5: She was come from good stock. Clearly from good stock. The parents are awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do have some awesome parents. The uh they were at.
Speaker 7: The game the other day.
Speaker 1: I went over to say hi, and there was a Packers fan getting arrested, like next to my dad, And I was like, what did you do? And he was like, no, I've just been hanging out watching. That's kind of interesting. All right, it's the second segment on a Thursday. You know what that means. Right, It's time for.
Speaker 3: Some right, why Eddie cut up?
Speaker 1: It's time for QB Vision with Isaiah's stand back.
Speaker 2: Hi Isaiah heck cow. Well, guys, we're back. Week five is amongst us.
Speaker 4: Listen, the New York Jets. They have what was who's their coaches? What's their coach's name? Glynn g Ag my former teammate was about to say, that's your guy, my former teammate. When I got drafted in an O seven, AG was still on the team. He did not make the team that year. That was his last year six to seven. Well, listen, he's somebody that I have a high regard for. When I first came into the league, I knew nothing of the position of receiver, nothing, nothing, So I didn't know what Swag was at the receiver position. I didn't know how to line up as a receiver in a stance. I didn't know how to get off the ball and how to do anything. I didn't know what the when I was greeting press. I was a big, physical receiver, but I didn't know how to use it. So I would spend my time after practice meeting up with guys like Terrence Newman and guys like Glenn T.
Speaker 3: New and AG.
Speaker 4: Those are my guys that I leaned upon to show me. What are you guys looking for when you guys go against the receiver of my stature? Like, I don't know anything, so please teach me. So high regard shout out to AG and everything that he's been able to accomplish as a defensive coordinator of this league and now as his first stint as a head coach.
Speaker 2: You know they want to fire him in New York, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they always want to fire anybody in New York if you don't have a ring, So he will be okay, his team. Honestly, I know I haven't been here, so let's just cover this the Jets. Yes, they're on to four. Yes, is their worst start since twenty twenty. But I want you guys to understand that through the first four games. Of those four games, those three games, three of those games they lost by a total of ten points. They're in it, Okay, so one possession game. So don't sleep on this team. I know we were ready to cover the offense up to this point, but don't sleep on this team. Defensively. They are not necessarily ranked that great statistically, Okay, but again, stats don't tell the whole picture, So put some respect on their name. Put some respect also on the fact that you properly are dealing with a caged animal right now that has his back against the wall. Absolutely, Aaron Glenn is a head coach because of how successful he's been as a defensive coordinator in this league. Right now, as you mentioned, Kyle, they're coming for his head. They're saying that your team sucks. They're saying that, you know, you don't know what you're doing as a coach.
Speaker 3: You know, the New York media is all over his head.
Speaker 4: We have this amazing defense, but you guys are you know we have all this talent on defense. We got you know, Williams on the d line, but Gardner out there. You know, we got all these guys We've invested these resources into and you can't get these guys to play.
Speaker 3: That's a dangerous animal.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, and k Wyse stat of yesterday talking about how the Jets have not gone zero to five with a brand new head coach.
Speaker 4: I mean ever, so that's what you're doing, That's what you're facing. Everdo and you're in ag is probably one of the most competitive head coaches.
Speaker 3: I was saying.
Speaker 4: With all that said, let's go ahead and talk about what they do well and what they don't do well.
Speaker 3: Kid them.
Speaker 4: This is a team that wants to match and take away what you do best. This isn't a team that just has a They don't truly have an identity yet through four games, we don't really know who they are at their core. And the reason why I say that is because every game they've changed up their style of play in terms of their coverage.
Speaker 3: They play multiple they play multiples, right, so whatever you do best.
Speaker 4: For instance, when you watch the Tampa Bay game, Tampa Bay game, they played a lot of zone okay, a lot of two high zone. Well why because they have I don't know how to say his last name from Ohio State, Tampa Bay. I guess that they have Buka and they have a Mike Evans. Right, you have those two, you might want to kind of play off. You just might want to sit back a little bit and make sure those guys don't get over the top. So even though you would think that their personnel allows for them to go up there and press man with with Sauce Gardner, they still in that particular game.
Speaker 3: Played a little bit off.
Speaker 4: And the times that they did go up and press as I just showed Kyle, it didn't matter who it was, they were getting sauced up. And so if you have threats at the receiver position, they will respect you and give right. Why can they do that even against the Tampa Bay team that rushes the ball very effectively because they're front seven, they feel pretty good about as they should, as they should. The Jets have invested a lot, but before they invested in their secondary, they invested in their d line. That is the core, that is a cream of the pot right there, and it starts with their big fella number nine to five, and that is Kenan Williams.
Speaker 3: He is a beast, he's a dog.
Speaker 4: He's everything that you guys could ever want or hope for in an interior defensive linement. As matter of fact, through since the Mica trade, we've heard murmurs as to the fact that Dallas was interested in him as well, So put some respect on his line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's a dude, okay.
Speaker 4: So that's somebody that you have to identify, obviously, especially since your interior offensive linemen are down to your second and third on that depth chart. Somebody that you need to be respectful of. They do not possess, in my opinion, a true pass rusher right now. Those guys that have left over the recent years, all their pass rush they used to be stacked at the defensive imposition. Now that whole inventory has been emptied out.
Speaker 7: Not a fan of will McDonald, not a fan.
Speaker 3: Not a fan.
Speaker 4: There's nobody on their defensive front on the edges that that scare me, that make me say, let's spend some extra time on you know, pass pro, let's spend some extra time chipping. Let's let's go ahead and move our protection in that direction. There's nobody that they have on the edges. Interior, that's a whole nother conversation. I respect their interior, but one thing about their front seven is there they play downhill. Their big fellas on the inside. They are gonna two gap you and they're gonna run your butt back and dump truck you into whatever lap that you want to be in deck. Okay, that's what they're That's what they want to do. And by doing that, they don't present a lot of pressure. They don't blitz a lot okay, because they have those guys on it almost need to.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 4: They don't feel the sense that they need to. Unless you're owing four mm hm. Being that you're on four you might see some things that you haven't seen on film.
Speaker 2: Yet here they come right.
Speaker 4: So again taking to consideration, we're looking at a snapshot of what ag has done. He's played a quarter of his season and he's a lot of things I would imagine are in his chamber that he has not shown.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we have to take what we've.
Speaker 4: Seen with a grain of salt and understand that we're probably gonna see something completely different. All right, So the front seven is solid, Their interior dealing fence of Lineman are solid. Let's get to their secondary. I'm unimpressed. I'm unimpressed, even with Sauce Gardner out there, I'm unimpressed. I don't believe that Sauce is saucy right now.
Speaker 3: I don't believe it. I don't want to say he's lost it. I don't want to put that out there.
Speaker 4: I don't know bullets barging material, but he has not been saucy child. I'll say it that way. And if I remember correctly, he didn't. He have an injury that he had overcome. He came back from. I believe he was banged up a little bang the last well. Coming into this year.
Speaker 3: I think he was.
Speaker 4: He was coming over some getting over some injuries, and he had the bag, right, he has the bag now in terms of my he's not the same player that he once was. I listen, I'm just gonna say that he has not performed. Oh yeah, I can't sit he now, he's not. He's not performing the way in which you we've seen him perform in the past.
Speaker 3: I'll put it that way.
Speaker 4: However, he is a cornerback, very rare breed that will follow your number one guy wherever the heck he goes. Who's the number one guy right now? Pickens?
Speaker 3: George Pickens is our number one guy.
Speaker 4: He performed as that last week, okay, and I was very happy with his performance.
Speaker 3: Buckle up the Sauce gardner.
Speaker 4: I would imagine if I'm Eron Glenn, I'm saying, Sauce, follow him everywhere he goes, Get underneath his skin, get him at the line of scrimmage, be physical, grab onto him, talk mess to him, get in his psyche, and get him out of his game. That's what I'm doing if I'm Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 7: Make him focus on you, not the game.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, be an absolute pess.
Speaker 4: Sit in his hip pocket, be lint in his pocket right which Sauce can do. But Sauce, for whatever reason, his hips in him getting in and out of his brakes right now isn't great.
Speaker 3: But that can that could not.
Speaker 4: Let me let me rephrase it, George Pickens isn't a receiver that would challenge him in that right. So in that sense, George, you have to do a great job of getting out off the line of scrimmage and creating separation. Their secondary will come up and hit. There's nobody in their secondary. You can't play on their team defensively if you don't come up and hit. Aaron Glynch is not going for it. There's no softness, there's no there's no you know, questioning whether or know or not whether I'm not gonna pull the trigger. You better come up and hit. So everybody in their defense does that. I think you can use that aggressiveness, especially from their safeties against them because.
Speaker 3: They want to be a little bit nosy.
Speaker 4: So if you can establish your run game against this defensive front, especially the interior D line, I wouldn't necessarily go forward. Right like last week I said go forward. This week, I'm saying go to the edges. Okay, last week you saw when you try to run sideways that defense was too fast. I said they were a little soft in the middle, right I was. I was very adamant about that. Don't go to the edges, go forward. Dallas have success with that. This is not the week to go forward. Keenan Williams. Will he will pick you up and throw you back into your car and send you back up to atat stadium or wherever we're playing back so that life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's important is getting about to Williams out in open space.
Speaker 4: Get him to the edges, zone schemes, get to the edges, and then make sure that you stay on your blocks and finish the good your blocks.
Speaker 1: The good thing is you've shown an ability scheme wise to do this already this year. You've shown that you can do this, and the consistency level is just what you're looking for.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The bad thing of this is you might be out, as Patrick alluded to in news and notes, you might be out four of your top five offensive linemen. So how much does your confidence level change when you're pulling guards and you're moving scenarios and you're trying to up this scheme. When you've got a bunch of new guys that are not playing together all year long and now are thrown into the fire.
Speaker 3: Your identity has to be remain your identity.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you have to do what you do best, and that's running the ball right now, Dak Press God is the most efficient play action quarterback in the game, as we've said, and his stats show that he's throwing it over eighty percent complete eighty four percent completion rate right now when he's running play action, So.
Speaker 3: He's the most efficient, he's the has the highest success rate.
Speaker 2: Didn't even give him high enough, was it?
Speaker 3: Eighty eighty eight no disres eighty.
Speaker 1: Eight completion percentage on play action passes. That's second in the NFL compared to sixty seven percent, which is still high. But sixty seven percent with five touchdowns, three interceptions with no playoff sure drop backs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Dak's doing well with that, which we all know that that's part of his game. So you have to be able to run the ball coverage wise, I would imagine that you're gonna see one.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: We don't have those those assets at the receiver position right now to force him to respect us with two guys deep. Now, are you throwing the ball successfully? Absolutely? But if I am Aaron Glenn, I'm saying my guys can match up well against your guys. I'm gonna come press man, and I'm gonna put an extra man in the box, and I'm gonna get after your offensive Lineman, and.
Speaker 6: You're talking about Aaron Glenn, who is essentially trying to replicate the success that he had in Detroit with a defensive line that was very physical and opportunistic secondary. Right now, you have an opportunity here with Dallas where you're facing a defensive line that loves to run stunts, They love to send things at you in different ways.
Speaker 7: But we were just talking about.
Speaker 6: The injury report is a grocery list. So if Dallas's offensive line doesn't have that chemistry, that doesn't have that wherewithal to understand where they're coming from, it's going to be a long day. So Deak has to be on his toes. Another thing, the Bills absolutely murdered the Jets defense with the coverages they were using, right. They were using man for the most part, and they were using man in third down situations, not even third and long, like third and eight, mid third down. So Josh Allen picked him apart because that's what Josh Allen does, right. And he was also a dual threat quarterback because he would escape the pocket and run to the outside, like you're saying, which they don't have covered up necessarily. So in that you have to be aware of what they're giving you and take what they're giving you because they're trying to be so physical at the secondary and.
Speaker 4: You could expect pressure around second. Now they want to force you into a third and long situation. It's funny because they bring the pressure whenever they do. They bring one man. It's not like a it's not like even a fire zone blist. They bring a one guy right and then bringing usually bringing him on the interior office on line.
Speaker 3: It's not even I don't understand it, right.
Speaker 4: That's why that's why I'm saying, like I'm watching it, and I'm like, I know he has way more in his bag than what he's shown, and it's it's odd. It's almost like it's almost like he's stashing away his good stuff for at some point in the year.
Speaker 3: To be able to show it off.
Speaker 4: And they just get that sense because it's very simplistic what he's running right now defensively, and you know that that isn't what got him the head coaching job.
Speaker 1: And there's there's times do you think there's a play into the talent The personnel on that Jets defense just isn't ready to run something complex like that.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Now with the guys he has, he has, he has guys that can that can go get it.
Speaker 3: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I mean everybody their their defense is solid. They're not performing well, but they can play. Yeah, they can play that Just even one thing that's been consistent with the Jets over however long they've been bad, has been their defense.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter who's their head coach.
Speaker 4: I don't care, Salad, I don't care, Rick Ryan, you go back as far as you want to, it's always been their defense.
Speaker 1: I just don't think their defense is very good, just to be completely honest. And I think Williams is great and sas Gardner hasn't played up to softgar dominant pality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when those two guys.
Speaker 1: Are playing at a high level, they can both be the best at their position in the NFL. There's just a bunch of no name guys outside of that. I mean, we talked about McDonald. I love the McDonald's coming out of the draft. He hasn't been anything except for the block to kick that he returned for a touchdown against Tampa.
Speaker 2: Bay a release Sason.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but he hasn't lived up to that expectation of a first round pick. Clemens hasn't played well. He's ranked one oh three out of one to sixteen in total edge rushers in the NFL right now, there's just not for sure the overall dudes. Yes that I think we've been used to seeing on that defense because I agree with you. Traditionally and the Cowboys and Jets don't play a ton because of the AFC NFC scheduling. But when you go up against the Jets a lot of the time, you're going to see a good defense.
Speaker 2: Sure, I don't think they have the pieces that they have in them, Pad And.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you say that, because the Dallas Cots are going to need to score on every position they.
Speaker 2: Have, which is probably true.
Speaker 6: They're going to need to do Yeah, And I don't like.
Speaker 2: It's almost like these defenses it is.
Speaker 1: You bring it up as a joke there, but it's true in the fact that it's like looking in a mirror the Jets. The last couple of times that they've come up and watched or played against the Dallas defense, it's one guy after the other. It's like, Wow, they're known for being a super good defense. Ever since Dan Quinn took over. They're not the same and we've seen that they are not the same. But even though they have some pieces to Ron Bland was an All pro, Trayvon Diggs was an All Pro.
Speaker 2: You've got guys on that defense. But they're not playing the same as they once were. But you still think they're I.
Speaker 4: Think they're capable, okay, and again under I feel I feel as yes, I feel like they're very capable. I feel as if I just might sound stupid, right because statistically and what you see on film, I feel as I feel as if like they're the dog that's that's been trained to be a defense dog, right, that's just waiting on the command.
Speaker 2: Instead of being an attack dog.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Like it's like the dogs, like, Okay, yeah, can you can I pet him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You can pet them, But if he if he gives that, if he gives that word, they can go get you. And I don't know why the word hasn't been given yet. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Like like I just feel as if ag has been like hoarding what he's capable of doing because they're running one three four two. You know what I'm saying, Like it's nothing special at all, Blitz, just send one linebacker right up the middle like it's been so vanilla. And you know what he was capable and what he's cable because we've seen it in Detroit for however many years and those guys were multiple right whenever they wanted to be.
Speaker 3: They're aggressive.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's not let's not forget the fact that Todd Bowles was a coach here when I came into the Dallas Cowboys, and Aaron Glenn was here when I came into the Dallas Cowboys. We seen what Todd Bowles does defensively. Listen, he's he has it in the chamber. We haven't seen it here and again with the Jets, but it's in the chamber. Let's just hope that he doesn't pull the trigger when he plays the Dallas And.
Speaker 6: If anybody's willing saying the giant that's the Dallas Cowboys, a sleeping giant of untapped potential, YEP, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Hi Patrick, Huh, it's been your best segment all year.
Speaker 8: Thanks, Yes, Science, anything you would like to add, Yeah, but you guys are cooking.
Speaker 5: This is I've been quite enjoying everything that's being said. I mean this is really quickly. This game reminds me of two different, two separate games the Cowboys have already experienced one versus the Philadelphia Eagles. Philadelphia Eagles heavy in the middle, that's what you got to focus on.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to say light on the ends. But that wasn't their focus.
Speaker 5: It flipped against the New York Giants kind of light in the middle, and so the Eagles, you had some success running the ball there, get Javonte Williams out in space, but you also had your starters that helped you get push up front.
Speaker 3: You don't have your starters right.
Speaker 5: You might be without Tyler Smith, You're already without Tyler Booker, Cooper BB. I'm with Isaiah one hundred percent attacked the Edges. Attack those guys because they're just not there for the Jets. This also reminds me of the Chicago Bears game, which is why I asked both the Ron Bland and Trey von Digs this same question. Tell me the biggest takeaway in learning experience that that gives you the message that you need to have going into New York understanding that you went into Chicago in an afternoon game against a windless team who was desperate. And now you're going into New York against a windless team in an afternoon game and they're desperate. You saw Aaron Glenn hasn't gone deep into the playbook yet. Okay, well, Ben Johnson Haddon yet either, And here came the fleet flickers in those trick plays. So I do like Trayvon Dickson's answer to my question. He said they expect them to pull out the trick plays early. They expect Arin Glynn to go deep into the playbook because they don't want to be the first Jets team in organizational history that starts off on five. Right, So expect that, and I love hearing that the Cowboys defense expects it because it's coming. There will not be any vanilla. The Jets are going to leave it all on the end, try to avoid on five, especially at home.
Speaker 1: All Right, when we come back, we've got some lab code, Pat, what are we looking at today?
Speaker 5: We're gonna for the final time, we're gonna go ahead and get this tie off of our next we're going to talk about the tie and how that could impact things, and uh, we'll go from there.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it's actual science. We're gonna bring out some numbers here.
Speaker 3: We're gonna bring some numbers.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, science.
Speaker 1: When we come back with lab code right after this, I'm home.
Speaker 5: Hey mom, before you ask, I've done my homework and the dishwashers unloading.
Speaker 2: Nice, Hey, can you ahn? Yes, I've got the finale ready to play.
Speaker 3: Here's your wine. Wow?
Speaker 2: Isn't it nice not having to ask?
Speaker 3: We think so.
Speaker 11: That's why if there's a network interruption, AT and T will proactively credit you for a full day of service guarantee credit for fiber downtime lasting twenty minutes or more, or for wireless downtime lasting sixty minutes some more caused by a single incident impact in ten more towers. Strictions in exclusions applies att dot com slash guarantee for details.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have.
Speaker 3: Served our nation.
Speaker 1: Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 10: Welcome back into Dear Doctor, the show where I answer life's questions with an ice cold can of Doctor Pepper. Sheila, let's hear from my next caller, would you.
Speaker 1: Dear Doctor?
Speaker 3: My friend supported me during a tough time.
Speaker 8: But what's the right gift that says thanks for being a soldier?
Speaker 1: To cry out?
Speaker 10: Okay, this one's easy, I say, give her a delicious Doctor Pepper. Nothing says thanks good better than one of a kind soda. Yes, any Doctor Pepper flavor will do. Now, just a reminder that I don't need to be a real doctor to know that Doctor Pepper is the one you deserve.
Speaker 1: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboy, We've got a jam packed Thursday episode.
Speaker 2: Isaiah, great job on QB Visions Bam, Josh.
Speaker 3: Great job.
Speaker 7: Yeah as always.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Patrick Patrick contributed at the tail end of the segment. He was he was en route to a season low in terms of words per segment.
Speaker 5: I am a gracious analyst, and when my fellow analysts are absolutely in their bag, I'm completely fine taking a bag seat and letting you guys.
Speaker 3: He just one of the low e ra as the freaking playoffs.
Speaker 1: Was trying to get that era down. Well, guess what we're putting you into the mound. We're calling to the bullpen because it's time for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of Yes science science Lab code.
Speaker 5: Okay, So just so you know, this lab Coate segment as as it is each week, kind of segues to science Lab. The weekly column on the dot com will drop this morning, so make sure you check that out. So I'm not going to give you any spoilers, but I will tell you that it is about the tie situation. Will also say that in today's science Lab that drops, I offer up a very interesting and spicy, spicy solution to doing away with the tie in the NFL. How do you get to a victor in the NFL if you want to make things fun? Got a solution, So check that out as far as.
Speaker 7: To keep going. Is that the solution?
Speaker 3: It kind of is.
Speaker 5: But there's I have a spoiler alert, not spoiler, no, just go.
Speaker 2: And tell us. It's I have a cowboy, I have.
Speaker 5: A punt intended. I have a kicker in there. There's a kicker.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're doing penalty kicks, so lab coat.
Speaker 5: Here's here's another reason to hate ties in the NFL, other than every other reason that we have NFL.
Speaker 3: In the super Bowl era.
Speaker 5: So we're talking nineteen sixty nineteen sixty nine, Okay, long time, long time. Do you know how many teams in the NFL history and the Super Bowl era have made the playoffs with a tie on the regular season record?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 5: That's correct. That's why I didn't want to give you a hundred dollars. I didn't want to bet the hundred dollars Indy fists three since nineteen sixty when it actually began mattering, because you had an actual number of teams and you weren't just playing you know, the Rochester.
Speaker 2: Jeffersons, I'm three chefs.
Speaker 5: Only three teams since nineteen sixty with a tie on their regular season record have made the playoffs. Do you know how many of those teams have made the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Zero zero? Nice?
Speaker 5: Do you know how many of those teams have made their respective conference championship game?
Speaker 2: Zero zero? Wow?
Speaker 5: Do you know how many have made it to their divisional round? He's on one two?
Speaker 2: Dang it?
Speaker 3: No, never mind, he's back to cold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the other was eliminated in.
Speaker 7: The put the house on it, honey.
Speaker 3: I say that.
Speaker 5: I say that to say, granted, a tie is mathematically better than a loss, but it is not as good as a win. And when push comes to shove and you start getting into these tiebreaker scenarios, yeah, it could give you a leg up, but it could handicap you in a very real way. So no, it doesn't hurt as much as if the Cowboys are one and three. That's just mathematically true. But that being said, it's still a hole to climb out of. So just keep that in mind as the Cowboys go up against this desperate Jets team that go up against a Panther's team that are going to want to prove themselves, especially after having lost the last couple of chances at Bank of America Stadium against the Cowboys, and then after that you have.
Speaker 3: The gauntlet that begins.
Speaker 5: So I just I feel in my heart of hearts that when we get down to week eighteen, this tie is going to need it very large.
Speaker 3: In some way, shape or form.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's going to be a really good thing or a really bad thing, but just keep an eye on it as the season rolls along.
Speaker 2: It also looks gross and right, it.
Speaker 3: Doesn't hate it gross.
Speaker 5: I don't like two hyphens in my record.
Speaker 3: I just hate it.
Speaker 2: So you weren't here, you weren't way in.
Speaker 3: I hate it. You work all week to either win or lose one of the two. Nobody wants to die. It's play to win, Okay, Yeah, you need it.
Speaker 4: There's a winner and there's a loser in everything you do in life. And I don't like ties in any sport, right, But especially the sport that I'm passionate about football.
Speaker 3: You work too hard. There's too much that goes into it.
Speaker 4: You exert too much energy, too much effort, too much sacrifice in terms of your body to walk away like and all it does is mess up your playoff projections, That's all it does. Like why, Like there's an opportunity to figure out a way for this game to end with a winner and a loser. A tie is like the laziest way to go about a solution for two teams that just gave it. They're absolute alle for seventy five minutes and you ended with a tie. Shake hands, go back to your crib. This week, this week of work was for nothing. Like everything that you did this week, all the hours of film, all the analytics, the whole the analytics department, all the work that you did, walk through, Like everything was for nothing. All that work was to mess up your playoff projection. Like that's trash. And you liked soccer, Yeah, I like soccer, but I hate ties. Yeah you hate ties in soccer too.
Speaker 3: Yes, I hate why Like to shoot out.
Speaker 6: One of the arguments that they had earlier, Like this is one of the highest scoring tie games.
Speaker 3: In second.
Speaker 6: But in instances where a game is really ugly and you almost don't want to watch it, watch the rest of it, right, that ends up in a tie, a ten ten tie or do you feel the same way about it?
Speaker 7: Yes, there needs to be a winner.
Speaker 3: Winner and a loser needs to life lessons.
Speaker 5: There's a tidbit in Science Lab because you know, I went and did some digging, But there's a tip in Science Slam that's going to reveal exactly why the NFL is completely fine with regular season ties.
Speaker 7: Let me guess.
Speaker 6: Does it have to do with money?
Speaker 3: But wow, it's even more specific than that. It just no. Read Science Lab this morning.
Speaker 5: It's going to piss you off as it pissed me off, because it's like, why is the thing that I'm speaking of of a higher priority than the integrity of the standings that lend to the playoffs?
Speaker 3: So check that out.
Speaker 5: Science Lab drops this morning no later than eleven am Central time.
Speaker 1: I just went and looked up how close Isaiah was to a tie in his career. Do you remember the closest you were ever to a tie?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: You were in Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: No, I definitely don't remember.
Speaker 2: He repressed that memory.
Speaker 1: It was a wee or September ninth, twenty twelve, so early season game Jacksonville. I was the season opener against Minnesota, and Minnesota had Blair Walsh kick a third eight yard field goal with about.
Speaker 2: Four minutes left in overtime. It was twenty three, twenty three.
Speaker 3: I was there yet know you were there? It was yeah, I don't know. You didn't.
Speaker 2: You didn't play anything.
Speaker 3: You mentioned there you you first played. Yeah, like I said, five, I.
Speaker 4: Deleted, you're out of man or you were a delete delete delete?
Speaker 3: How such a bad you.
Speaker 6: Were the Jayden Blue of the y bro Like, where's isaiahs stand back?
Speaker 3: Promise you?
Speaker 4: When I first got to Jacksonville, I sat there and there we had it was myself and my boy of Ross I used to play for the Giants as well, And we got up there. We're sitting in the suite and we're watching the stadium and we're like, it's five minutes before the game, bro, and nobody was in the stand.
Speaker 3: Oh, And I'm like, oh, this is trash. It was so bad. It was so bad.
Speaker 2: It hasn't gotten much better.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, the head coaches le fighting dude? Was that the head coach trying to fight do it?
Speaker 4: But yeah, that's true, dude, who would have won that fight?
Speaker 7: Robert?
Speaker 1: So yeah, at least they're three and one though they are, and they don't.
Speaker 2: Have a tie.
Speaker 5: They don't bottom line, they don't have a tie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ties are the worst.
Speaker 2: They don't have any tie. All right, you're doing for us?
Speaker 1: I am about going on. We got to shoot some TV stuff here at a minute. Nice job on lab Coat today, sir. Great job on QB Vision, Josh, love you, buddy, Chris Beam in the back for Patrick O. C. Walker for Isaiah Stanback, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomens.
Speaker 2: Will see you tomorrow because it's.
Speaker 1: A what Isaiah, don't freaking talk Friday say with Chess Friday.
Speaker 2: See you tomorrow with more Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.