Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stadivack along with Carol Master with us as Bloomberg News Cross Asset reporter Emily Graffeo, Emily, what are you watching?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'm watching a milestone today, Google, or as we know it as the parent company name alphabet Tiker Googl crossed three trillion dollars in marketcap today. It's joining the ranks of just three other companies, Nvidia, Microsoft, and Apple. So those are the only other publicly traded stocks above the three trillion. I think this speaks to the power of the US stock market and the power of tech as well. But of course, when we cross a milestone like this, the questions are this run keep going? And so when you look at kind of what the charts are telling us. If you look at the RSI, the Relative Strength index, it stands at nearly ninety, which is a multi year high, and it's above the level which technical traders say is overbought. So can the run keep going. Maybe not, but at least today it's up about three percent and again crossing that milestone.
Speaker 4: I keep thinking about our environment, right, and we've talked so much about uncertainty, and I still feel like there is a lot of uncertainty still out there. But like maybe for a name like Alphabet, whether it was some of the legal overhang, right, there are some things that can cross off its list that maybe makes them way forward a little bit more clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean there was a there was a moment in time where they were potentially going to have to sell Chrome. And for a lot of people who like think of Google that they think of Chrome, that's kind of one of their core products and a name that everyone knows. It's really interesting if you look at just the moves that it's had in the last several months, it's up more than seventy percent from its April low. So that added roughly one point two trillion dollars in market value since the tariff C liberation day lows.
Speaker 4: Nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean lot. That's like multiple car companies all combined.
Speaker 4: I know, exact kitchin kitching.
Speaker 1: But we're not going to go to a car company now, We're going to go to an ETF. Yes, because you're here and you love ETFs.
Speaker 3: I love ETFs, and you know I'm on the cross acid team, So I have kind of a cross asset market monitor on my terminal, and uranium caught my eye. So I'm looking at you. Are a This is a global x uranium ETF. It's up eight percent right now, and we got a little bit of news, I guess in the nuclear and the uranium world. So the Trump administration's top energy official, Chris Right, was speaking at a conference today in Vienna, and he said the US should look to boost its strategic uranium reserve to buffer against Russian suppliers and increase confidence in the long term prospects of nuclear power generation. So you need uranium to power nuclear energy. Any time there's really any news in the marketplace that's very positive for nuclear energy, we tend to see uranium stocks rally. This ETF in particularly, it holds minors, and I'm just looking at the gains, the current gains right now. It's at a record high, I believe, actually, no excuse me, it's at the highest since twenty eleven. And it's up about seventy percent year today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, up more than eight percent just so far. I'm surprised to see Russia supplying about a quarter of the enriched uranium needed by America's fleet of ninety four nuclear reactors, and those generate about a fifth of US electricity. The challenge, and we talk about this all the time, is that these are very difficult, costly, and time consuming to build. Oftentimes they go over budget. We haven't done it. We did want, you know, few in Georgia as the US. But it's like, what are the next one?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah, this might be a case of there being a lot of a market sentiment building before we actually see the real investments being made.
Speaker 4: It's up one hundred and twenty five percent since early April. Yeah, that bounces. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, even more than alphabet uranium. Who would have thought.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at RSI it says overbought. I'm just gonna say, oh, let's get to core weave.
Speaker 3: Okay, core weave last one. It's up about eight percent right now. They said that in Vidia has agreed to buy cloud Services valued at six point three billion dollars. I mean, this is just a piece of news that if you're a cloud services provider, you have a big check coming in. It's good for the stock price, and that ticker is c r WV. And they secured billions in deals to provide capacity to companies developing AM models. In Vidia is just one of those customers. They also have deals with open Ai and Microsoft, and again it's all about that AI boom and the investment needed and who can who can provide the infrastructure here.
Speaker 4: For all of that, it's just an IPO this year, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's based in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: That's where it's based. All the places where the cloud services provider.
Speaker 4: You can make New Jersey joke.
Speaker 1: No no, no, I'm not gonna you just don't see. Just based in I mean living since like a suburb.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, and I've been coming one, I guess because they're gonna have all this AI investment. But yeah, the stock is up almost two hundred percent since that March IPO.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app