Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in Grub a dub dub.
Speaker 3: We have a very fun guest today. You all love him?
Speaker 1: Yes, you love him. He has been in the o R before. He is a producer and TV personality, best known for his work as the host of Sugar Rush on Netflix and Nightly Pop on e He has.
Speaker 2: A podcast with Alex Evadia called Friends with Bends, with episodes that come out every Monday.
Speaker 1: Please help us give a warm welcome back to Hunter March good.
Speaker 4: He came in.
Speaker 1: With like a record ball with gifts passion fruit from his tree and.
Speaker 2: Passion fruit jam, which I'm giving to Haley. Well, I'm gonna eat it too, but Hailey loves jam, so she's gonna freak out.
Speaker 3: And passion fruit.
Speaker 5: You see how selfless I was with that. I gave it straight to Hale likes you jam.
Speaker 2: If Haley, if you're listening, she probably won't if you're listening, Hey, I mean Tanya just like so quickly, willingly because she knows you love jam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we're Hunter is a giver.
Speaker 4: I will bring jam every time you want me to give the honest guy's perspective with Jack's for his last name. Yeah, I'll do it. I'll bring jam.
Speaker 2: So the last time you were scrubbing in, we were at the Britney Spears.
Speaker 3: Pop up and we did a mantle with you and Jack's.
Speaker 5: Well, and then we had you back on to it.
Speaker 1: I feel like during the pandemic, I definitely remember doing it in person.
Speaker 4: In person, Yeah, yeah, that was what a specific time and place to do something that Britney Spears pop up.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes we are also in situations where we're wondering what here, But.
Speaker 1: On hindsight, I'm like, that's like, why would we do our podcast there?
Speaker 2: It was just for promoting the Britney Sears pop up and it just felt like a great time to do a mantle.
Speaker 3: So that's what we did.
Speaker 2: But it was actually a really great episode and our listeners loved it.
Speaker 3: They love you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh that's great.
Speaker 3: And Tanya was actually single.
Speaker 5: At the time, trying to date you, right.
Speaker 4: We were just kind of well, were you you were trying to date me? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I think you heard my stories off camera and I think you were appalled.
Speaker 5: Yes, Okay, yes, that's true. So I feel like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, I knew I had a crush on you. I had a crush on you when we were doing the E Carpets.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that at all. Oh really, I had no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a crush on you when we were doing the E Carpets together. And then once I got to know like the Unvarnished Hunter March, I was like, we're definitely not a.
Speaker 6: Match because every time I would do something together, I'm like, Tanya, he's so cute, and she's like yeah, and then she's like, yeah, I just don't know if if he would be good for my psyche.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well i'd be good for your psyche my current self would be. But my past, I feel like you have to have a stomach, you know, to kind of like you have to I don't know. Oh, like I'm in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, which we'll get into.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And I will say that like she's the sweetest in the world, totally not like nothing that you probably expect me to be. She's an angel, but she is. Just like I know you're past, and I'm fine with it. You're like, we all have a past, and I was like, oof, that's a good answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like Hunter was very smooth.
Speaker 1: I remember, like because we lived close by and so he would always Aaron Limb, who was also was a part of E was lived in my apartment building, and so we would always invite us over and like cook for us.
Speaker 5: He had this like I don't even know. It was like an egg ah the breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a hot man with a skillet and biting over for cooked meal.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: I think we're all charmed by you, Hunter March, Like even Easton came in and said, sorry, I got caught up talking to the Hunter.
Speaker 3: He's a charming.
Speaker 4: I was supposed to be doing something out there.
Speaker 1: I was not.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 5: So how did you did you feel like your girlfriend changed you? How long have you been dating?
Speaker 4: We've only been together for maybe five six months now, and she didn't change me. I had luckily changed before I met her, which I'm so thankful for because I really do feel like these people that come into your life at the right time, and there's people that the right people come into your life at the wrong time, and the wrong people come into your life at the right time and they're just not the right person. Like, there's so many situations and I had kind of been through each of them by the time she came along, and luckily for me, I think this is something that every man needs to experience. I got my heart broken really good last year, and after that, nothing nothing humbles you more than being like, oh, yeah, I have a heart too, and I should really like treat everyone else with like the utmost care, and I always thought I had, but there's like, I don't know, there's this there's another level of empathy, kind of like where you're like even I think this is a great example. A lot of guys will tell you like, hey, I'm just being honest with you. I'm not looking for anything serious, right, We've all kind of heard that in one way or another. That was me and I thought that being honest about that was like my saving grace when I was younger and being a single kind of f boy. But what I realize is you can tell that to somebody and then they don't believe it, and you think in your head like, oh, I've given myself the grace to now hook up with you and then go live my life blah blah blah. But you have to understand that that's just not how humans work. People do get feelings and just because you said something. So it's little things like that that I learned after a heartbreak where I decided, Okay, I'm going to really date now with that empathy in mind. And then like ye six months later, my current girlfriend DM me out of nowhere and she is way too hot to be dming me and way too nice and great and she we've been dating ever since.
Speaker 3: What did she say that got your attention? Or was she just beautiful?
Speaker 4: Sent us a period like a comma, and I'd have been like, yeah, I'm in where do you want to go? But she she sent me I posted something in like a wife beater doing like a try on for the show that I was doing at the time, which I was away in Canada shooting this is earlier this year, and she said dropped the shoulder routine and in the VID in.
Speaker 5: Because you're because you're my shoulders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then I sent a DM back saying she had a necklace on in her story and I said, I'll trade you for the necklace, and then she didn't respond for two weeks and I was like, what the hep that's crazy? And in my mind. I'm like, you know, for like a day or two, I'm like, is give did she really think I'm trying to take her necklace? Like as a dumb guy, I'm going through all the things. I'm like, I'm not trying to steal her necklace, am I? And then finally she responds, and then when we go on our date, she's like, by the way, sorry I didn't respond. I your message ended up getting taken out of my inbox or something and I didn't see it for two weeks. I would have responded right away. I had a crush on you, so oh it's good that you didn't because it made me love you before we ever met.
Speaker 5: Well, let me just tell you.
Speaker 1: You know, we often are faced with questions like that where someone's like I sent him a DM, but he didn't respond, And you are living proof that the delulu can be there.
Speaker 4: The delusion.
Speaker 1: No, but like it really did, like it got sucked into whatever box or whatever, and like now that's the beautiful ending to the story.
Speaker 5: And so I'm just saying that it does happen.
Speaker 3: His delulu, like oh what did I say? What did I do? Or like maybe like that actually killed like the DM got.
Speaker 1: Lost in it, gets lost in there whatever, and there's a small chance that that could small chance that.
Speaker 4: That happened, but it happened. But I don't want to encourage that delusion because like for me, I will say I went on about my life like I did not hang on to it. I was like, Okay, that that was she was so pretty. That's such a bummer that that didn't go through. Like I was like, I'm to shut it off, and then she damned me back. And it's like again, sometimes you have you have to have enough things going on in your life that someone responding to your DM is not the best thing in the world. Like, you have so much stuff going on that's good for you, whether it's work or fitness or just doing a hobby. That someone dming you is great, and having a relationship is great, but you've got plenty of stuff that's great as well, you know. And I think so many people get stuck on that word. It's the best thing in their world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's the only thing they're waiting for is getting that response. It's like we've been there.
Speaker 4: Yeah you want to see a photo?
Speaker 3: Ever, Yeah, I was gonna.
Speaker 5: Came no, But do you post her on social media.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't yet. Does she post you sparingly? But I you know, I have like a weird I don't love social media in general. Like if I if I could have a career in which I could delete all my socials in a heartbeat, I would do it.
Speaker 5: Really, I only do it.
Speaker 4: I hate it with like a passion. I think it's like it pulls a little bit of my soul out every time, and when you see her, you'll be like, oh, you should post her all the time. And I think it'd be good, like if me and hers and I, if anyone could do this, it's me after being on YouTube for ten years, if anyone could start a family channel or a relationship channel and find immense success with it, I could do it with her because she's so sweet and personable, and it's my nightmare to like publicize my relationship that strongly. I'm not opposed to posting her, but it is really like, I don't know, I'm really against the idea of trying to profit off the relationship. And even though you're not making money on an Instagram post, you're still gaining a lot of likes and followers and everything, and it's also just audiences are weird, Like I don't trust them with like my relationship. I don't want to put that in their hands and go it's yours two now, like we're all in. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: I waited four years to share my relationship, so yeah, you know, and there was a lot of.
Speaker 2: And peace in that and now it feels like we're pretty solidified.
Speaker 3: So I don't feel the stress of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I do think again, like I will get to a point where's.
Speaker 1: I think, if it makes you anxious to do it, then don't do it.
Speaker 5: But I was just curious.
Speaker 4: I've posted little things with like her in it because I'm launch like an arm well no, like we're like we walk up. We I posted like a hiking thing. But I'm not like tagging her because I don't want people to like check her out and like, yeah, to me, it's just it's just not worth it. She looks like Margot Robbie a little bit.
Speaker 1: She looks like mix up like Margot Robbie, Megan Fox, and.
Speaker 2: She looks like Margot and Olivia Wild Break and she's Olivia Wild is not Megan Fox.
Speaker 4: She's the nicest girl. She's from Oklahoma. She's like down south or Midwest, whatever it is, and just an angel. And so like for me, it's like, oh, I have this beautiful thing. I want to protect it. And sometimes like when you protect something, you don't want to like open it up to the vulnerabilities of people judging or because like I can't control psychos online who go break up with her and date me, like, and I don't want her even yeah, even though it's a joke or even though someone has there is no weight on me. I don't want that bothering her because like even on my podcast, I had someone call the other day and be like, me and my was a woman, Me and my gay best friend. We're having a battle of who could this is the polite way to say it, but sleep with you first. We're having like a thing, and she heard it, and at the end of the bit, I go, I have a girlfriend, though, so I'm gonna have to ask her if she's okay with me sleeping with both of you for a challenge, right, because I was like making a joke about it, but I know that that would bo I would bother anybody, Yeah, to like hear that. So that's why I'm trying to like slowly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that's very respectful. And I also think that.
Speaker 2: I think that we had who was our guest that she was saying, I can't remember who was she she was engaged or dating. And she was like, I don't share him because oh Roxy, yeah, oh Roxy. She was like, yeah, I don't share my relationship because if I'm like bragging about wow, he's so great and like he's just so wonderful, I don't want all the other women.
Speaker 1: So she says that, and I'm sitting here, I post my boy, my fiance now. I post him all the time, the way thank you, I post him all the time. And she says this, and I go home that night and I'm like, hey, babe, and he's like yeah, And I'm like, does anybody ever like slide into your dms and like hit on you, because I like, I do, like talk him up a lot and like post him and like you know, all tag him.
Speaker 5: And he's like I had like one or two and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, like that is so dirty.
Speaker 4: I want some of the things. It's really good. I'm like he's so sweet and yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like and he doesn't respond to them, obviously, but I was like, oh my gosh, I never even thought of that.
Speaker 5: I was like, roxydas onto something here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but he did stop you stop.
Speaker 5: Me, and now we're now he's locked in.
Speaker 4: I also feel like if you don't host someone, that's okay, that's your whatever your reason is. But she knows that, Like if we go out in public, I'm like arm around her squeezinger as tight as I can into me, like I'm the proudest of that relationship. There's no fear of like, oh, this is a hiding thing. It's not like I've made it so clear to her that like she is the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I just don't want to post it on a weird app.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also think when you have a weird like if so, if you don't like social media, then sharing something that's so special to you to something that you don't even like, Yeah, it's like that makes sense to me.
Speaker 4: I hate being authentic in general, so the idea of like sharing the most authentic part of my life is scary. Like I like being I like joking, I like having a good time and anything public.
Speaker 5: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: What do you do on your first date.
Speaker 4: So we I was in Canada shooting. You guys, ever see the show blown Away, the glass blowing show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, my girlfriend loves that show.
Speaker 4: She likes the new host of it. So it comes out in January with me as the new host, or February somewhere around there. And so I was shooting that. I came back and we had been texting like once every couple days, like it wasn't the whole like I was still gone for two more weeks. We weren't like peppering each other, which was nice. We were both kind of playing it cool. And then when I got back, I was like, hey, I'm back tomorrow. I'd like to take you out or till you have to dinner on Friday. It was maybe like three days away, and then Friday is coming. It's like Thursday. I'm like, yeah, wait until Friday. Seems crazy to me. Could we let's get together sooner or something? And I booked a lunch for us because she was busy that night and we had lunch together. She was having trouble finding parking, so I got in her car to help her find parking, which is a crazy thing to do on a first day for the guy to just let me help you find parking. Yeah, and we found parking and then we got into the car, and then we had a great lunch. And afterwards, I like, I it was the goodbye thing, and I was like, we're having lunch in Culver City. I'm not going to make out with you here. So I gave her a hug, and afterwards I found out she was very thankful. I didn't try and kiss her on that first date because again, she's pretty. She was not super conservative, but yeah, you know, she from Oklahoma, so uh and so she uh. The next date though, I kissed her. I kissed her good.
Speaker 3: Was it at night? It was that night a midday lunch? Kiss me like a midday lunch. First makeout feels.
Speaker 5: And I don't know if I like it. Yeah, yeah, in the daylight.
Speaker 4: That's I think you're setting up You're setting up your expectations a little bit. It's like, I'm not really seeing this as a long term thing. If you're making out one thirty after fish tacos. Yeah, you know, So we waited till the second day. It was so nice. It was so sweet and romantic, and then yeah it was cool. It was cool.
Speaker 5: Wow, Hunter March. I never thought i'd see the day.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm happy for you. I'm really into her. And then one at a couple months in or three months in, we said the I love you so crazy?
Speaker 3: Was that your first time? No, because you said you got your heart broken?
Speaker 4: Well I had said it to my long term ex a long time ago. But the heartbroken one was just a It was a like four month relationship. But it was one of those ones where like ended in the honeymoon and I was like, what the.
Speaker 3: Freak is going on?
Speaker 4: We had so much more fun to have. No, how they get you, That's how they get you. But again I look back at that, you know, sometimes you get out of like a relationship where you feel like, oh that was such a that felt so good at the time. I look back at that particular relationship and I'd go, ooh, I really dodged a bullet. It was not Yeah, it was not healthy at all, which is why I was so exciting. It was like constantly like, oh, one of us isn't interested, the other one isn't interested. It was just so unhealthy, toxic.
Speaker 3: It's the chase, It's the chase, the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's that like, oh, they finally responded first and told you how much they like you, and then you get this huge rush of adrenaline and everything good and then they don't and you're like fiending for it. And sometimes then when you get into a stable relationship, if you're not ready, that stability has no toxic effect on your body. Yes, so you get I was the opposite. I was like, we're going to learn how to jam together jam. Yeah we did. We learned that a jar passion together. Yeah. You can throw that in your pantry for six months. So that's true love.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the personal life's going great, You're happy, fulfilled the most.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay. Career wise, you said you were working on that show that's coming out in January February.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. What was weird is like that past relationship coincided with so many other things. And I think this is something that happens to so many people when they're single, is when life is going really good for you, you don't notice that you're a single. Yeah, you're just like, Oh, I get to go on dates with my money that i've you know, or I get to hang out my girlfriends because I've done this, I've done like life can be so good when you're single and doing well, but I had So this is the end of last year. Nightly Pop ended.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you talk about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I could talk about it.
Speaker 5: Why it was so good.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a great show too.
Speaker 1: That such a great show, and all my friends always hit me up and they were like, Nightly Pop.
Speaker 5: Is so funny.
Speaker 4: I love doing it. We did it. We did six hundred and fifty episodes, which is a lot, but it was also a really cheap show to do. The problem is the network got new management or new executives that came in and they were like, it's always a thing whenever the new executives old yeah, because they don't want to take response. They can't get responsibility if it's a success, and if it fails under them, then they have to take all the blame. So they got rid of it. And I woke up from back surgery. So I had spine surgery and they were placed a disc in my back, and when I woke up, I got a call from my agent saying, hey, Nightly Pop ended. So it was just such a shock to my brain. And I had had a job consistently from the time I was eighteen years old to that moment. Right then, I had never not had a job for more than a week. Like it was always just like, oh, I go on a vacation, but I always came back to work. And this time it was like going into the holidays, nobody's hiring. It was weird to not have work. And then I had this, you know, I was kind of talking to this girl, and that became my whole world. And so when that ended, I literally went like, oh, now I have nothing, Like I don't have a job. My body is in shambles because I just was like so weak. My core was so weak because they do the surgery from the front of your body and so like my scars under my belly button, so that you kind of disrupt your entire like system, system and structure. And I had my trainer, and this is this is the best message I could have ever gone in my entire life. I have this trainer. He reached out to me when I had my back surgery and he said, hey, man, I would love to send you a free product like this mobility wall and maybe you know, kind of give you some consulting or some training. And I was like, you're gonna kill me. This is a psycho like who offers free training over Instagram DM. So I ignored it. Then his wife reach out to me. He's like, my husband's really good. Please reach out to him. I call him. We set up a consultation and he's like this guy from OC's like, oh, so I see what's happening right now is you have the hyper extension. And I'm like, all right, but you know what you're doing training wise, and he starts training me for free like an angel, and he said, the reason I'm doing this is because you gave us so much joy for the last four years on Nightlelypop that I want to help you. That he's the greatest. And then I tear up when I read what he wrote during this Can I read it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So I sent him a message One day I couldn't go to the gym. I couldn't go to the gym, and so I was like, cause I felt bad. I felt rough, like everything was just kind of beaten down on me. And I'd been going to the gym and my body was in really good shape. This is months later, but everything else was really weird, and so I asked him. I was like, I told him I was like, hey man, I can't go to the gym. I'm so sorry, like I'm gonna miss today. He goes, everything, Okay, I'll go yeah, Yeah, body's fine. It just I feel kind of beat. And he had always told me if you ever want like mental help, if you ever want like to talk, you can talk to me. But I always just imagine me going, hey man, I'm feeling bad at him going, oh, what's up of my boot? I never took it seriously, and so then finally I told him, I was like, hey man, I just feel like my confidence is at like a one out of ten when I've lived my life at a ten out of ten. So like, no job, no relationship, nothing really going for me. I couldn't. I can't figure it out, and I just feel I feel as low as I've ever felt. And he goes he says this, uh, I'll read it like he would appreciate the honesty. The compound effect of the challenges with finding work and managing your feelings with this girl is heavy. A mantra that I find helpful when I'm going through tough times is to ask myself, what is this teaching me? Pain is a better teacher? Than ease. If life is too easy, you're not learning anything. If you can lean into the learning experience, it becomes less focus on the problem and more focus on the solution. Similar to your shoulder which you've dislocated, we didn't focus on the pain and what you couldn't do. We focused on the feedback that each training session was teaching us and working on how to improve and strengthen it. Next thing you know, boom, it's better and improved. Same with personal growth. This tough time is giving you feedback on how you're showing up in the world. It's an opportunity for you to observe, pivot and adjust, or stay the same. As long as I'm on your team, I ain't letting you stay in the quicksand of sadness.
Speaker 5: Oh well, is this guy? Can I get his number?
Speaker 4: His name's Christovakio. I will promote him to the day I die. And he's told me before he goes, you don't need to do anything for me. I was like, Hey, I'm gonna go, can I talk about you? He goes, you don't need to do a thing Like I'm busy. I'm working full time. He's got a bunch of clients, but I will promote him till the day I die. He's the coolest, nicest dude, and he cares so much about people. And that message pulled me out of such a deep funk and I started journaling every day with what is this pain trying to teach me? Because journaling is so cathartic, it's really cathartic, but for a lot of people, especially men who maybe not in touch with their feelings, it's really obscure you like, hey, dude, you know, don't feel good okay? By you know, it's like what do you write? And sometimes having just that that message of what is this pain trying to teach me? It gave me something every day where I was like, Oh, it's teaching me?
Speaker 5: Is this pain trying to teach me? That's so good.
Speaker 3: That's so good because it's so true.
Speaker 2: Like when you're when you're trying to heal from something, it's so easy to focus on like the heartache or the hurting or not wanting to do anything else, but thinking about like where where is this going to lead me to?
Speaker 3: Like what is this going to do for me? Like what what am I contributing?
Speaker 1: Like that's oftentimes a lot of Like a lot of times people can take their pain and make it their platform.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, totally. Like I think that's how a lot of fitness people become fitness people. Is a heartbreak or a lot of like yeah, I mean for me, I know that almost all of my successes come from people like doubting me. Yes you. Nothing has fueled me more than that, Oh, you didn't believe in me, even if you didn't say no to me, even if it wasn't a relationship, but just you didn't think I had it in me. And then boom, I was like, oh, I'll be on TV, Boom, I'll have multiple shows. Like everything was purely from this point of I'm gonna prove it to you. Yeah, and then eventually you do hit a lot of your goals and you have to reevaluate why you're doing things. And I hit that point where I was like, I don't want to you know, I'm not trying to be vindictive anymore, Like I've proven myself. And then it became, oh, I just take care of my family, Like I want to make enough money to take care of my dad. I want to make enough money to take care of my mom or whoever, and so that becomes your purpose at a certain point, which is much healthier. But I'll tell you right now, much less drive. What I was trying to prove people wrong. I was like, twelve hours a day. You're not going to take me away from this writing project or this show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask, so you have blown Away, which is coming out? You said January February.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because sometime next year. Yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: You you we're doing a live blind dating show. Yeah, which is so such a fun concept.
Speaker 4: You both of you will need to be like our star guests in the next one, so like, basically, you guys will be our star audience members. So we had like a front row full of like people for the last one. You guys will be there and we're gonna give you guys a vote and I'll explain what that means. So, oh, I like Survivor, Like Survivor, except you guys have the penultimate vote at one point. So we basically have a show. It's called Crowd Pleasers. And it was an idea I had. I wanted to like pitch it as a show to Netflix, and then Netflix was like.
Speaker 3: You no, and.
Speaker 4: Uh so it's like all right, we'll just do it live and the idea is we have one data and five options bachelors or bachelorettes. So say, Tanya pre engagement, you come on the show, you're single, and we talked to you a little bit. Why are you single? What's some of your problems? And maybe because in the audience, and she has some insight as to maybe why, maybe she goes listen, she's picked the wrong guys, which is a common thing. It's some maybe not for you guys, is it?
Speaker 2: I would say she has a heart of gold, but can also be a little delulu.
Speaker 4: That's perfect because then we go, you know, it's really easy to be delulu about yourself, but oftentimes your friends are not delulu about you, and strangers are definitely not delulu about you because they don't know you enough to be de lulu about you. And we'll be using that moving forward. I'll take it. But so then we go, we find out a little b about you, what you're looking for, and then we go, well, let's meet your daters. And we bring out five daters and they're guys and you can't see them. They're separated by a curtain, and you ask them a question for each round. So the first round, you might say, Okay, if your sex life was a movie, what movie would it be? And one guy might say Transformers, because as soon as I get in the bed form, yeah, yeah, I transform into a nineteen eighty three Honda Civic, right, whatever the dumb answer is. Maybe they try and impress you exactly. You could boo and the audience might boom, but some of the audience might love it. They might think he's really funny. And another person could say, gone, in sixty seconds, You're too beautiful for me to last longer than that. Whatever it is. Uh, we get all the answers, and then I time to talk to you about do you have some favorites whatever? And I go, Unfortunately, Tanya, you're d Lulu, so you can't pick who you're eliminating, and said, the audience is and by applause, the audience eliminates one person each round until we go five, four, three, two, and then there's final two people, and the audience picks the person for them to end up with, and they don't see them. The audience season the whole time, but you will and they don't and they don't see you. And so then we have you guys kind of back to back or you back to him, and then he walks to you with some roses and it's a really cute moment. We have a live musician there, alex Iono, actually he was our musician for the first one, and he starts playing this on.
Speaker 7: Kiss Me Oh Yeah under the Milk, So.
Speaker 4: He's playing that live. The lights are blue and he walks up to him and it's like it's just the most fun moment and the audience loves it. And we bring up people from the audience too to be on the side with the five data. So if you are a single person and you maybe want to have fun, maybe you have a friend, like a girlfriend or a boyfriend who you're like, you need to be on the show, like you're so funny or you're just so charming. Sometimes just the sweet people. The sweet people won both rounds on our last video. Wow Yeah. We shoot it all too, and it's going on my buddy David's channel and he's a great YouTuber and he's got such a big platform. So David Alvarez, he has these videos, like each of his day videos gets some million views right now, and so it's the ones I've been in where it's like me, it's like a bachelor on that. It just started that and so then now you can basically come to the show. You put your friend's name on a card, it goes into a hat. We might call them up and if they want to be on the show, they come up on the show, and then you as an audience member gets to like root your friend on the entire time or boom them. I don't know what your relationship is.
Speaker 5: Where is it do you do it the like, what's the venue?
Speaker 4: It's at the Regent Theater. When we do it in la which is a five hundred seed theater. The last one was sold out so it was like people were screaming for two hours. It was crazy, like it did not the energy did not let down at all. So we do one girl, five guys, then one guy, five girls got it and it was insanity. It was so fun. And so we're doing it again November thirtieth, and I think the website is crowdpleasers dot live where the tickets will be and then the video. Hopefully the video comes out before this comes out, because I think your audience will really like seeing that video.
Speaker 3: Well, so how do people get like, how do you choose the the person that is interviewing the guys? Like, how do you choose the main person? The main person?
Speaker 4: Right now we're kind of picking friends. Like honestly, like if you guys had someone that was like really funny, entertaining Hannah, but who wanted to be the main dat you can submit to us on our Instagram.
Speaker 5: We should have scrubbers do it.
Speaker 3: I want Hanna to do it. I don't know if I would be good. I think I might crack under pressure. Hanna, you'd be so really so funny.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, we need to circle back on I'm already getting nervous.
Speaker 4: But that's the best part is like we had we brought up people from the audience for the last show. There's like two per each episode, or two per the guys, two per the girls, and they ended up winning because like the one this is my favorite, there's two guys left. The guy that I showed you in the video who was like the unicorn. He was so funny, so charming, and a lot of the audience was like a fan of him. He was there vers So it's a guy that nobody knew and this guy like was picked from the audience. He was just nobody before the show, but he comes on stage and he makes it down to the final two with this superstar who has like a million followers and everybody likes him. And the final question was Nesa was our girl Nessa if you could where do you see yourselves in ten years with Nesa? If you guys end up together? And the first guy, the charming guy, goes, I think probably walking down a beach living on her music money because her career is going to take off. And we're walking down the beach. We have our kid with us, and it's just beautiful, like she has the life of her dreams and me being with her is the life of my dreams. Something like that, and everyone goes, wow, amazing, like okay, you've planned that. And then we asked the other guy again, who had no idea that he was going to be on the show, and we say, okay, where do you see yourself in ten years with Nessa? And he goes, probably just watching him and her. That was a good answer. I don't think I'm gonna win, And the audience picked his answer because he was so sweet about it. Everyone loved his like vulnerability is authenticity and so like, this show is so weird to like come up on stage. But I always I describe it as like if you like watching Love is Blind or The Bachelor or any dating show and you've ever yelled at the screen because they picked the wrong person, you now have a chance to actually decide who goes home. Like you're yelling means something yea. And so we want to make it like this thing. This first show was so random, like we sold it out, but it was just a lot of friends and family and people because nobody knew what the show was. Yeah, now that the video's out and you know, we have like a second show. We really wanted to be like those dating show lovers. We want to get like groups of girls to come and get like a bottle of wine and make it like they're like once a month Friday. It's we're doing like Fridays and Thursdays, just a night where it's like we're gonna get drunk and make two people fall in love. That's our mission.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's like having your girl's night watching The Bachelor, but life.
Speaker 4: It's so fun, you guys, So you guys will be in the front row and we're going to give you one round where you guys, the audience doesn't matter. You two make the decision. If you're available on the thirtieth, if not, whatever show you're both available for. You guys will have tickets VIP everything, and you'll just yeah, you will make that decision.
Speaker 1: I actually get like so annoyed when I watch Love Island because it's in the UK and so I can't vote in the US, and I get really upset because I'm like, I would have voted whoever off the.
Speaker 3: Island's moment, Tony, this is my moment. This is what you've been waiting for.
Speaker 4: It was tough with Love Island UK because what are they saying?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't don't even get me started.
Speaker 5: Don't get me started.
Speaker 2: We go back and forth about this all the time. I'm like, I I can't understand. I've to go my captions on.
Speaker 5: It's just a lot to get it in it, you know?
Speaker 4: Was that your the slightest accent? That was like Tanya if she had spent six months in.
Speaker 7: The UK and it's it, isn't it? Yeah? Yeah, I pull him for a chat, put him chat. Yeah, he's cheeky, got he's got good graft.
Speaker 4: What's he's got skin grafts all over?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: No, graft is like flirt like good banta, but he.
Speaker 4: Been that's a cool word. All right, I'm gonna work on my graft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm curious when you're not working and you're like in a normal like you're just are you ever off? Like do you ever feel like you'res off?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every time I'm around you and I see you on TV or whatever, you're just so on your charming You're like everyone's laughing, like are you ever just like, don't talk to me.
Speaker 4: It's rare that I'm like, don't talk to me because I I have built like a life where I don't have sixty friends inviting me to weddings. I've got like five close friends. It's all I need. I don't care about like building out that circle. Like so if someone comes along in there and we have the time and it lines up hobby wise or whatever, it's awesome. But like I love I wish I could live in the woods and just have my partner and like be away from everyone. And I realized I love cleaning. It's like my favorite thing in the world. My house is spotless all the time. Wow, Like that's my that's my decompression time is cleaning. So like when I asked my girl, when I told my girlfriend, like, oh, I'm going to clean the house Sunday morning, Like if you're saying the night Saturday, I'm gonna clean it. So anymore she goes all clean with you, And I was like, what are you doing for the rest of your life? You wanted to do? I get married and realized she liked it too. I was like, this is great.
Speaker 3: Has that always been your thing or is that like you discovered that in a.
Speaker 4: No, it's always been my thing.
Speaker 1: I actually I just saw TikTok that said like, if your partner cleans a lot, ask them if they're okay, because it means they're like compartmentalizing something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't do it on the podcast. I'll break down, but yeah no, I I for me, I just I don't know if you if you might be that way with your desk right, like, oh, it's hard to work if there's papers all over your desk. I'm that way about my entire house, Like I work from home a lot of time, and so like I like the kitchen to be clean. If I'm gonna cook. I like the office to be clean if I'm gonna do work in the house. The problem is, I like the kitchen to be clean if I'm going to do work in the office, So like everything needs to be clean.
Speaker 5: I'm the same way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's also a procrastination thing. I'm a chronic procrastinator. So for me, it's like if cleaning could happen, it's just for me. It's like something I can start and finish, as opposed to like a lot of what we do in the creative industry is like I'm gonna write a project. It could be done, who knows if it's good. Yeah, there's no there's no real end to creativity. But with cleaning, it's like at some point every cup is put away and every every dish is in the right place. Yeah, So I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm more of like a clean something.
Speaker 2: And then I see something else that I could clean, so I leave the uncompleted cleaning and go to the other thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, it might be something I need to get checked out.
Speaker 4: Mark feel like it's something she's realized she needed to get checked out a couple times, but then she sees something that needs to be fixed first, and She's like, I'll worry about that thing later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's actually exactly right. Thank you for joining us back in the are nice to have you, amazing, happy for.
Speaker 2: You, and like it's so cool to see where we all are in our lives since the Britney Spears pop up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, brit Brittany is in a very different place now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and exclusive that would be great. Yeah, we'll reach out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And then one more thing. I have my podcast Friends with Ben's so, uh, if anybody wants to hear like call we get callers and we do like it's a pure comedy podcast. Don't think you're gonna come away with good advice, right, but we have callers tell stories.
Speaker 3: So yeah, y'all do every Monday, right.
Speaker 4: Every Monday, and that like podcast is really really funny, but it is a little dirtier. So like like Tanya her perspective of me when we were both single.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like on the podcast podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because people also with me, they always feel like there's no barrier, like they like when people call in, they're like, I'm going to say exactly what I want to say because Hunter has no filter. Yeah, so the podcast is really wild. It's called Friends with Ben's and it's super fun.
Speaker 3: Friends with Ben's is so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we again whenever you guys have time and you're very busy, but come on the podcast and we'll let scrubbers call in and you will hear their stories and we can give them advice and stuff. It'd be really fun.
Speaker 2: It would be really fun because we own our We have a Facebook group and they'll post anonymously and sometimes it's wild.
Speaker 4: I'm like, wow, do you ever take callers?
Speaker 2: We used to actually do, but now we do emails, so like people can email in and we just read and answer something else.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when people call in, like they'll start like a girl started a story recently on the podcast and she was like, yeah, I have this issue with my friend and we're like, okay, tell us the issue. She goes, okay, so just a little backstory, like I kiss the homies every once in a while, and so what happened? We're like, what do you mean you kiss the homies? And we spent like ten minutes digesting what she meant. She like will make out with her girlfriends sometimes or tell her boyfriend to make out with his guy friends, and we're like, what is going on and she thought it was so normal. So sometimes those call ins, it's like you get goal. Yeah, uh, Tanya is just a pall.
Speaker 5: Wait what did she call a hookup with the homies?
Speaker 3: Yea homies. I've never heard that before.
Speaker 4: She makes her boyfriend do it sometimes, like test test her friend's masculinity, be like, don't be a toxic asshole, Like if you want to kiss your guy, We're like, you might be the joker, like you might need chaos in your life. But yeah, so if you ever want callers, we can do a full scrubbing in version of the podcast and people would love it.
Speaker 3: Our scrubbers would be I would love to see what they came in with. Yeah, be really fun and.
Speaker 4: You give them real advice and then I'll be there to just give them the comedy. But we could or you guys could take the comedy side and I'll try and give real Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: A twist Hunter trying to give sincere.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's my nightmare.
Speaker 3: Oh man, where can people follow you?
Speaker 2: I know you hate social media, but you do it, So where can they follow you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll only do it so you guys can find out more about crowd pleasers and friends with Ben's that name of the pod and just at Hunter March and thank you guys so so so much for having me. This has been like I don't know what I expect every time is for it to be good, but it's always better. It's always better, Anon, That's what.
Speaker 5: We aim for. That's the name of our movie, always better.
Speaker 4: Always that represents yeah, I always better. Thank you guys, See you