Speaker 1: Rain Drops.
Speaker 2: Reality with the King podcast is back on tour and my first stop is in Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 1: On Monday, February third.
Speaker 2: I am joined by special guests, married to medicine star doctor heaven Lee and baby. We are going to have a good time, so get your tickets. It's available as City Winery Atlanta. Also link in my bio on my Instagram, Twitter pages and don't forget Monday February third at the City Winery in Atlanta, Georgia. Carlos King and married to medicine star doctor Heavily. This is a show you do not want to miss. Welcome to Reality the King. It's me Carlos Kings, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of Reality with the King, I decided to do this episode solo because I did not want anyone to feel like things were said that wasn't said, or I had a guest on that said something that I may have agreed.
Speaker 1: With that I don't.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to do this very special episode with me, myself and I Hey, Beyonce. So we have to get into the season finale of the Housewives of New York City. As you all know, I've been very honest about me not watching this season. I did watch last season. I recapped it on this very podcast, and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it right. It wasn't amazing, it wasn't horrible. It was definitely worth watching. It was watchable. I was thrilled to get to know these new, beautiful, smart, successful women in New York City. And I felt like all of the women season one were a pleasure to watch and I enjoyed them. They were fun, natural, And there's nothing like a season one cast because they don't have the sort of cloud hanging over their head of the audience hates me or the audience loves me. I don't like the way I look on camera, people are judging me, you know, any of those preconceived notions coming into the show, And there's nothing, nothing, nothing like a season one cast when you think about the real housewatchs of Atlanta, right when you think about the real House Watson, New Jersey, just organic, natural conversations, dialogue, drama moments. I mean, we're talking about Danielle style, but you know I need not say more.
Speaker 1: Okay, natural, natural, natural. It was just a joy to.
Speaker 2: Watch, and I felt like the first season of this reboot of Rony was watchable. Then came season two of the reboot. Right, so I want to make sure I'll break it down that way season two of the reboot, right, because I don't know season we're in technically, so let's refer it today as season two of the reboot. Tried to watch the first episode and not immediately knew, Wow, these girls are suffering through the sophomore season, and they read the tweets, they read the comments, they don't like how they looked, and they're now not going to be real.
Speaker 1: I knew that instantly.
Speaker 2: I knew that that within fifteen minutes, and I changed the channel and I never once returned to the show until the finale. I know all about the pranks that happened episodes ago, and for me, it was just more so confirmation that my intuition was correct that these women were playing a game, and it wasn't the game of life, it was the game of Monopoly. I'm being fooled, fake money, fake storylines, so I knew it, and I'm never ever ever going to trash a show. That's not my spirit. This podcast is not going to trash anyone. This is a fun podcast. I stay my opinion. I give my expert opinion, me being a reality TV producer, and we have wonderful time being funny, having fun shade.
Speaker 1: But it's never to be mean. Okay, this is not a mean podcast.
Speaker 2: And that's why I decided not to watch or recap this reboot of Ronie on the second season, because I did not want to give anything other than an opinion about watching it.
Speaker 1: If you.
Speaker 2: Haven't noticed, there's a lot of shows I don't recap, and the reason why I don't recap it is because number one, I don't watch it, number two, I may not like it, and number three, I never want to come across as trashing a show. The team of producers in this business, we have a tough job, and the cast are so brave to give their honest lives to all of us, me included, and I never ever want to disrespect anybody in my business of reality TV, because it's a super fucking hard job that we have to do. Whether you're on camera or behind the scenes, it's hard for all of us. So if I don't recap a show, it's because I don't want to trash talk it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: If I don't like an episode, I'm gonna tell y'all did not like this episode. If I don't like a storyline, I'm gonna tell you did I like that storyline. If I I think some of these girls or guys tried it, I'm gonna say they tried it?
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: I would be remiss not to talk about the season finale of Ronie that aired recently.
Speaker 1: I am triggered by that.
Speaker 2: Episode for various reasons I don't like, and I'm certain I'm not alone of this, right. I just don't like when people accuse somebody of something that isn't true. You don't have to be a reality star a celebrity to know what that feels like. I think all of us, at one point in time of our lives have been accused of something that we just did not do, just so that the heat can get off of a person, or so the person the sort of like person you're having this adversary worth right, is being seen as the villain. That's not the reality TV I want to watch. It's not the reality TV that I think our audience wants to tune into. My brain drops don't want to see that shit when it comes to the finale. Brand is a fantastic, fascinating character. Okay, her first season, she was fun, whimsical, a lightning rod, funny. She's everything you want for a reality star, and she delivered.
Speaker 1: She arguably was one of the fan favorites.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed her first season on the show because in the compliment in the world, she was a wacka dude though, you know, a wacky character, you know, wacky personality, sort of like how much I love Britney on Salt Lake City. I think Brin drank the kool aid. I think Brent got caught up in the lights camera action. Brent is unrecognizable. I knew that the first fifteen minutes of watching the show.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what happened to her?
Speaker 2: She's trying to make moments happen that didn't seem to be authentic, and I was just turned off. And as my rain drops kept telling me like, well, Carlos, you're not watching Ronnie, You're not missing anything.
Speaker 1: This season is not great. I'm like, okay, again.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to use my platform to bash a show every episode. But I knew that something was off about it, and I think Brin drank the kool aid. And I also think Brand is trying very hard to create a moment, which is fine when you are reality start to create moments. The problem that I have, though, is you cannot create a moment on someone else's expense. You cannot create a moment ruining somebody's reputation. That's not okay. It's not okay in real life. It's not okay for television. It is not okay for television.
Speaker 1: Father.
Speaker 2: So I'm pretty sure all of my listeners, you guys have have watched it. Now I'll give you a quick recap, long story short.
Speaker 1: The casts on the cast.
Speaker 2: Trip and Uba and Brian got into it. Brand made a comment about her sucking d you know, and Uba took that and made it an additional comment about, well, maybe that's what you do. And again I'm paraphrasing, but that's what happened. All of the women pretty much told Uba she went too far, and Brent started crying talk about being a black woman accused of sleeping her way to the top, and it became very dark during that process because it was sort of like, okay, wait, I brand didn't make the comments first. Uba took her comment, added some hot sauce to it, some tumeric, ginger root, basil, black pepper, seasoning, salt, Laurie's criscal grease, and pretty much gave her what she gave her back what she was given right, And it was like eye for an eye or in this case, shade for a shade, right, which again, that's what we want to see our housewives, eye for an eye, shade for a shade, and that's just what we signed up for. What we did not sign up for was a ton of microaggressions. And I think when it comes to let's have a real conversation, we're not going to skip the fact that Uba is a tall, dark skinned black woman who is constantly being referred to as the angry black woman trope. And this is what Brent has said to her on camera behind the scenes about I'm trying to help you not become that Uba, whether you like her or not. Uba also is somebody who has a big personality. She also is somebody that you know, reacts in a big way.
Speaker 1: But she's a reality star. That's her job.
Speaker 2: Not her job meaning she's performing, but that's her job in the sense. So that's why she was cash. She's beautiful, she's successful. It's fine that she, you know, thinks she's bigger than Naomi Campbell or on her level.
Speaker 1: We like our reality stars to be a.
Speaker 2: Little bit de Lulu, right, But that's that to me is fun, you know, And I'm sure Uba would love to have a conversation talking about that too, like it's fun. We all should think we're bigger than what we are, Okay, all of us have a little bit of delusion, Delulu delusion in us, and it's cute, it's fine, it's whatever. Uba was right, though she didn't just come up with the whole like penis sucking thing. Brent said it. Uba caught that and ran with it. It reminded me of since on Ronnie. It's when Ramona told Bethany how pretty much she slept her way to the top. And what did Bethany do? She laughed and said, I can't fuck my way to the bottom. How can I fuck my way to the top when I can't even fuck my way to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Can somebody fuck me? That's what Bethany said.
Speaker 2: That's why she's the icon, the legend, and the moment on TikTok that she is.
Speaker 1: I love Bethany. Bethany could do no rock of eyes. I love her. Sorry, not sorry.
Speaker 2: She's an icon, she's the legend, and she is the moment on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I like Bethany's TikTok.
Speaker 2: But when someone accused her of sleeping her way to the top, she caught that shade it, gave a funny commentary to it, and we laughed and they kept it moving. And again I'm not saying Brent should have said something else, but it was one of those things where it was sort of like I had a hard time grasping, like, Okay, Brin, you didn't like what she said, got it clapped back at her. So when she talked about being a black woman, was like, Okay, I got it. There's a lot of people who believe Brin uses the black card for her convenience, and I can't answer that because I don't watch the show. There's a lot of conversations that brin conveniently uses the black card for her convenience. I, Carlos King, am not able to comment on that because I do not watch the show and I don't have time to sit through fourteen episodes of this current season. I don't got the time. Child, No, don't want to watch it. No shape, I'm just saying, I just don't want to. I don't want to. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Child.
Speaker 2: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. Based on what I've seen a brand, I'm struggling whether or not she was using that as a way of getting sympathy. I don't know if she was using the black card to get sympathy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have to I really have to sit as a journalist, hey Portia and watch all of these episodes to see if that's her behavior. What I have seen based on clip online is you know, when it comes to Uba, I did not like the fact that all of these women made her the bad guy when I'm like shade of Shade and it's not like listen. In my opinion, I didn't think Uba said anything that was like, oh my god, you went too far.
Speaker 1: She's like, maybe you slept to get this job.
Speaker 2: I've heard worse things on Potomac, Atlanta, New Jersey, Salt Lake City. We just talked about Salt Lake City finale where Angie K wrote in a text message that Brahma's husband has one foot in the grave and another on a banana pill.
Speaker 1: Like that's wild, right, wild.
Speaker 2: Once again, it's one of those things where it's like, no one on Salt Lake City read Angie kper philp And again, I'm not saying everybody should behave the same way, so please don't take it like that. But what I'm saying is I just I'm just being real with y'all. I did not understand why they all felt that what Uba did was so gross and disgusting. I did not understand that, and I felt like, let's have a real conversation. She's a dark skin black woman, and unfortunately, dark skin black women on TV are not given the same grace. It's true, they can yell the same as their white or lighter skin counterparts, and for some reason, when it comes to a dark skin black female reality star, they're seen as the aggressor, and I didn't understand why Uba had to deal with that. I also, I also did. I just don't understand why no one saw it that way either in that moment. So when Brian was crying, saying, as a black woman, you know, she doesn't want that stereotype.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it, fine, got it.
Speaker 2: She didn't revealed how she was raped, and obviously my heart goes out to Bryn. No woman, anyone should ever experience that a sault or any of saut for that matter.
Speaker 1: But my heart goes out to Bryn. It really does.
Speaker 2: When I saw her open up about that, I immediately got emotional to see her cry and break down about that. I mean, anybody who's a human being with a heart felt the emotion from her, and I felt bad.
Speaker 1: I really did. I'm like, oh my gosh, okay.
Speaker 2: And when she said she told Uber that, I was like, oh damn, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Do Uba?
Speaker 2: You know My immediate thought was, does Uba remember being told that? Okay, Let's let's find out, because I feel like when you're on reality television, if someone makes a strong accusation that way, I do feel like you have to give that other person the opportunity to defend themselves if they are able to defend something that is abhorrent, right, but at least give them a floor to know that this is what's being said about you. My heart also goes out to Uba because if it wasn't for Jessel going into her room when cameras were down and the production was wrapped to tell Uba, like, this is what's being said about you, even with Uba came in saying while are all of y'all crying? And the ladies were like, well, that's you know, that's not our story to tell.
Speaker 1: I want to have a conversation about that.
Speaker 2: I understand if Brent told that story to the girl's only, then absolutely you should never tell someone else's story, especially of that magnitude. What was interesting to me, though, is Brent said she told Uba that. So if Brent said to you ladies, I told Uba this story, shouldn't Uba have the right to know what Brand said because she allegedly said it to her.
Speaker 1: You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If Brent said I was assaulted sexually and Uba doesn't know, but that's why I'm feeling this way, then I would understand why the ladies would say Uba I can't tell you what she said. That's her, that's her story to tell. I agree with that one thousand percent. Brent said, I told Uba this story, and despite her knowing this story, she still proceeded to make these false accusations about me. So if Brent told Uba this story and UBA's like, hey, guys, what happened, isn't it okay for the lady to say, hey, Brent said, she told you this story, so that Uba could have had the opportunity to say yay or nay because Brent said she told Uba. That's the part that was interesting to me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And the parts that it's hard for me to even articulate is the fact that if it wasn't for Jessel telling Uba behind the scenes of what Brent said, you mean to tell me, Uba would have found out by watching the show along with us at home, not having opportunity to defend herself.
Speaker 1: That would have been horrible.
Speaker 2: Even if she knew and was told that, shouldn't she have the opportunity to defend herself?
Speaker 1: That's the only question that I have.
Speaker 2: So Jessel tells her behind the scenes, and Brent and Uba had this big reaction, and then in that moment, I'm like, wait a second, what's happening here? You mean to tell me Uba didn't know? Because there's no way that anybody can fake that reaction that Uba had. And I haven't spoken to Uber. I don't know Uber, I know human behavior. I know within seconds, more than likely, Uba felt like my career is finished if people believe this, and that to me rightfully, so maye Uba feel like, no, I have to talk about this. Not only am I being accused of something that she's saying she didn't know, it's also on camera and the world is going to believe that. And Uba is running around the house frustrated. Rightfully, So if she's being accused of something she didn't do or wasn't told so due to her passionate display of confusion and hurt. Then all of a sudden, these same ladies who five minutes ago pretty much wrote her off, now it's questioning that. Wait a second now, and again these are things they said. I'm paraphrasing, But the ladies all of a sudden started to realize, hmmm, but Brand.
Speaker 1: Is kind of known to.
Speaker 2: Hype things up, or take one thing and turn it against somebody.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm payaphraising.
Speaker 2: And that's when me at home was like, wait a second, please tell me this is not about to be what I think it is. And I felt this a pit of my stomach because my heart bled for Uba, because no one deserves to be accused of something they did not do, and no one deserves to be accused of knowing something they did not know.
Speaker 1: No one deserves that. Not one person deserves that.
Speaker 2: And to watch within minutes, Brian walked into the room of the girls and they see how the sympathy that they had for her five minutes ago was dissipating. And she saw this shift of energy in that room and she left, and then she came back minutes later, and then she proceeds to say, huh, well, maybe Uba didn't clock it. Excuse me, this isn't a Cassie a watch clock what Either you told her this story or you didn't. It's not one way or the other. Either you told her this story or you did not tell her this story. What are we doing here? She didn't clock it? And that's the moment I said, Wow, this this is bad. This is this is this is bad. You can't sit up there and accused someone of knowing information that you said you told them all the while.
Speaker 1: You're not sure if you did.
Speaker 2: Tell them specifically, And it took you minutes of seeing your friends look at you side eye for you to have that revelation.
Speaker 1: Is is that we're being told right now?
Speaker 2: So within a few minutes of your friends looking at you sideways, all of a sudden, your memory refreshed like my Apple laptop. And you're like, well, maybe she didn't clock it. Ah, So did it take your friends to give you the cold shoulder for your memory to work? And again I'm basing everything off of the episode she made the statement the ladies rallied around her. Uba defends herself. Minutes later, Bren Is like, well, maybe she didn't clock it. So if Uba never was told by Jesso what Brent said, what Brand's memory would have come back.
Speaker 1: Let's have a real conversation.
Speaker 2: If Jesso never told Uba, and if Uba never compassionately defended herself.
Speaker 1: And what makes me so.
Speaker 2: Sad is not everybody has that personality to have a big reaction to being lied on. What if Uba would have quietly said, I don't remember, guys.
Speaker 1: Would y'all have still believed Uba? So this.
Speaker 2: This person who's being called or concern from being called the angry black woman had to be a little bit angry to be taken seriously.
Speaker 1: You ge know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If she quietly would have said, guys, I don't remember, I think she's lying, would you guys have believed her? Or did it take her big reaction for you guys to say, oh, well, we look at Brent's history.
Speaker 1: She is known to kind of hype things up.
Speaker 2: Again on paraphrasing, Why did it take Uber to have a big reaction to believe her in the first place?
Speaker 1: Why not know who Uber is as a person to be like nah, I don't know, I don't know. Does that sound like Uba? I don't know.
Speaker 2: We should talk to her about that, especially because Brent said she told her.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: What have made sense to me is if I was Brent's friend, I would have said, hey, let's sit down.
Speaker 1: Let it be.
Speaker 2: If I'm Aaron Asi, I would have said to Brent, Hey, Brian, I see you having a big reaction.
Speaker 1: This is horrible.
Speaker 2: If Uba would have known this, I think if you tell Uba, since you told her anyway, how about you and Uba and me sit down without the other girls, and you tell her how you felt, tell her especially because you told her anyway, right, So what's wrong with telling her twice? Right? Why jump to conclusions girls without having the other person who was told this information allegedly have the opportunity to be told it a second time.
Speaker 1: Why not give uber that much grace?
Speaker 2: So then the next day we see Brent on the college having a key key with the producers, and I also want to say shout out to the producers who handled this situation very very very very very very well. Shout out to the producer of the production. Obviously it was all chaotic, unexpected, and shout out to the producers, and shout out to the producers for making sure the audience saw that as well, so that we're able to understand the phull scope of the situation. So as we see Brin in the morning key king with the producers, and she.
Speaker 1: Sent a text to them the night before.
Speaker 2: Saying that you know, she wanted to leave whatever, and she left, And then they have the photo shoot for the show and they all pretty much are saying they haven't really touched base with Bran, and then Brian walks in pretty much and they kind of give her the coach shoulder, and she knows she's not giving the sympathy she once had. Even in Brent's Confessionals, she's she's somewhat not really telling us the audience based on what she said the night before, right, maybe Uber then clock it.
Speaker 1: I wanted an explanation.
Speaker 2: The confessionals are taped sometimes days, weeks, months after filming a finale. Okay, So the fact that in the Confessionals, I wasn't able to get a full story, well what really happened?
Speaker 1: We weren't given that.
Speaker 2: Well, what we were given was UBA's emotional confessionals, to where she was able to emphatically state that being accused of that just isn't her character. That's not who she is, and she's crying because it's not right. So as a journalist, Hey, Portia, I want to read to you all what Brent said to Rolling Stone. So I'll reach all the highlights. It's a pretty lengthy article, but I want to be able to, you know, give you guys all sides of the story, right and the latest end to be you Brand assured fans that she did reveal personal details to her co star and this is what she said and quote It's not right to assume that everyone remembers everything that you say all the time and then hold them accountable for that. I know for a fact that I said it, but when someone screaming into the phone, the other person might not necessarily hear them. I know what I said, and I know that I did say it. When it comes to that statement alone, I'm just gonna be very honest if that's the case, I'm just wondering why that statement wasn't set on the show. Why did it take months after filming for you to come up with that statement. I watched the finale, I watched her confessionals. Unless you're telling me they did not air it and that you said it in the chair, I'm not certain if that's how you feel your exact words are. I know for a fact that I said it, but when someone screaming into the phone, the other person might not necessarily hear them. I know what I said, and I know that I did say it. Why does it take a Rolling Stone journalist and your publicist and your team to organize this interview for that statement to happen months after filming, Because in my opinion, that statement should have been said on the show. Maybe it's said at the reunion, but I'm just being real. If that's how you feel, if your memory within a couple of minutes in that heated finale, right, you went from saying I told her to well maybe she didn't.
Speaker 1: Clock it, and then you left it alone.
Speaker 2: So if your memory works that way within minutes, why didn't it work within minutes from you leaving the trip to sitting in your confessional chair to say the same.
Speaker 1: Statement, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: When watching the finale, Brent was surprised to see her cast accusing her of intentionally lying. Brent says, that was shocking. You're telling me that in the three minutes. But what I'm called horrible names, and I'm obviously upset that I somehow devised a plan. It's disgusting that I'm talking about two things that I will hope that no woman or person would have to experience suicide and sexual assault. And everyone's like, Bran, we feel taken advantage of. Maybe don't use those words to describe the situation. I just feel like I wasn't shown much. The other thing Brent said in this article is before hitting to Puerto Rico, Brent said she said down with her brother in Central Park to open up about how her past sexual assault has prevented her from being focused more on dating. Brent says, I filmed with my brother and I share the connection between that and why I'm kind of dodging dating and why I make jokes about only dating billionaires. She tells Rolling Stone, I thought sharing. I thought sharing was going to help me feel better. And one of the other highlights is she has stated that she's not too sure where her friendship stands with the cast. She says with Uba, I think what's done is done. I feel like we will get back, but it takes time to repair. I don't know how they're able to move on from this. I mean I don't know. I don't know. I guess we have the Washington Reunion to see. Look, when it comes to brand I would like to say this. My heart goes out to her from what she experienced. Like I said earlier, no woman, person, man, who mayver should experience that, an assault, sexual assault, any form of salt. It's my heart goes out to her. I think Brian, I would love for Brent to.
Speaker 1: Have a professional talk to just about some things she's dealt with.
Speaker 2: That's my hope for her. Therapy is great. I'm in therapy. You know, being a therapy doesn't mean you have problems that isn't able to be handled without a professional help. I feel like everybody in the world should have a therapist. That's just my opinion. We live in we live in crazy times, and.
Speaker 1: I just think everybody should have a professional talk to. That's That's been my my advocate for that.
Speaker 2: I just want brand to talk to somebody. That's that's that's my hope for her. This was a hard episode to watch. I don't know where the girls would come. I don't know where the girls can go from here. I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't think going back into watching this season, you know, watching up finale, it was going to be this. I watched you because obviously it was a talk of the town, and my social media was blown up by people wanting my opinion on this. I really feel bad for Uba, I really do. My heart seriously goes out to Uber and I'm grateful that Jessel told her because I'm afraid if Jessel didn't, what the conversation would be like today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions yet and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, king Domraing Entertainment, Baby