Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app like searching FSR. Yeah, buddy, old pal, how are so many thoughts, so many emotions? So little ton, We got one hour left and we got my homes stopping by lots to fit in this hour.
Speaker 2: But whatever, we don't fit in.
Speaker 1: Remember we have over promised our bonus podcast on our YouTube channel, Covino and Rich FSR. We're streaming there live right now. I'm wearing my middle head Vatto's shirt. That's me Covino, that is Rich again. Watch what you hear Covino and Rich FSSR. And we're sponsored by DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL and NBA, which.
Speaker 2: Starts tonight too soon NBA right now.
Speaker 1: Use the promo code cr show to claim your special offer at DraftKings again. That's promo code c R s h O W at DraftKings. The crown is yours, Cavino and Rich, we be rocking out.
Speaker 2: Let's go ty. What DraftKings?
Speaker 3: The only thing that might save some people's interest in the NBA, because it's who likes someone that's.
Speaker 1: Premature, if you know what I mean. It's a Taco Tuesday. I hope you're having a great one and Rich, speaking of the NBA starting tonight, You're right, we're oversaturated with awesome baseball. We're fired up about the game. Last night in this series is Friday football. Well, the time is right, I'll jump in like everyone else. But like the NBA show too soon, it feels like the NBA tonight feels like seeing Christmas commercials when we're not even at Halloween yet.
Speaker 2: Bo bam. It's like, Yo, ship out, bro. You're like, you got it too soon.
Speaker 3: You got a home depot right now, they got Christmas trees up. Thanks NBA, You're depot and Christmas trees. You know, we're too excited. I'm still excited about spooky season. You got how we parties?
Speaker 1: You know, you got trunk or treat We all these things going on and you're talking about Christmas. That's how the NBA, when we're talking about the World Series slowed down.
Speaker 4: Lebron James so rich.
Speaker 5: You don't want this I clipped NBA power rankings from bleacher Report.
Speaker 1: If you want my head to spin off. Oh well, anyway, Hey, if you are a big NBA.
Speaker 3: Fan, I guess today's a big day. Maybe you're you know, you're to your team's out of it in baseball, you don't care. But to me, the NBA really garners my interest. Trum Nix by the way, Christmas Day on and you know what interesting to see what the Knicks do this year.
Speaker 2: There's I have so much interest.
Speaker 3: You're just ready for it. Yeah, it's like I'll give you another dumb analogy. You know, and you have a family member that you don't see quite enough that you wish you saw more often.
Speaker 1: They visit and then like they're like, oh my god, work sending me back to your ten in a week. And you're like, yeah, I love seeing you, but.
Speaker 3: I just saw you like like Wes hit Is, somebody goes didn't the NBA just end Like I feel like that, But hey, what do I know? What I do know is that we're gonna talk some NFL this hour, We're gonna play a game, We're gonna give away some prizes. I want to tell you about something that happened to me in my coaching life that I want to know if you think I'm losing my mind or not sure? And I do want to ask Dan Byer something because he's the all knowledgeable wizard of Oz.
Speaker 1: Of Covino and Rich Hm who goes there? Dan Bayer who rang that man?
Speaker 3: You watch the Texans and I again, I like to throw my opinions and thoughts out there, but I don't prove I don't claim to know everything the Texans who now said at two and four, seems like your Seahawks sort of had their way last night. It may even appear closer than it really was.
Speaker 2: Fair statement.
Speaker 1: You output get them for the most part.
Speaker 4: Seahawks let them hang around to make it look closer.
Speaker 2: Yea, yes, they're favored over the Niners.
Speaker 3: Is it because it's in Texas and it's a travel or is there something that the Niners wouldn't line up against? Because I'm wondering why they are like two point dogs in Houston.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially two because the road home stuff isn't three points anymore. They're usually saying it's about a point and a half maybe for a home thing.
Speaker 1: I think desperation mode, maybe desperation mode for Houston, and then the forty nine ers going on the road after, you know, maybe a letdown.
Speaker 6: I think that Houston's defense is probably the best unit of the four. So that's why I would I would say take forty nine ers offense, forty nine ers defense, Houston's offense, Houston's defense. I don't care how you sort two, three and four. It maybe obvious, but probably because Houston's defense. That's a pretty good, great answer. And that's why Dan Bayer brings the juice every day here on FSR.
Speaker 1: It should make you tip your forty nine ers out to Sam Darnold and the Seahawks offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 6: And they only turned it over four times last night. My goodness. I don't. People said be happy with a win, but they just kept they just kept giving the Texans life after life.
Speaker 2: They kept him in. But Darnold's having a pretty good season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, until he fumbled the ball in the end zone trying to extend a play that kept the Texans in the game, and then threw another ball over the middle like it's sorry, sorry, Steve.
Speaker 3: You know, uh, Dann Bayer because I was flipping between all the games and baseball last night?
Speaker 1: What literally what was he can't sit down? What was the one Cooper Cup pass attempt? Was it a cool tricky player? A fail at temp?
Speaker 6: Yeah, until it was intercepted? Of fourteen nothing? You're driving down there? Yeah, down the field up fourteen nothing? And why not throw this wrinkle? And you've been dominating them the whole time. Let's have our wide receiver throw the football. This is this is just my point. They're five and two. Happy with five and two. There are four teams in the NFL that have turned the ball over twelve times this season, Danny's Raiders. Sorry, I couldn't say with a straight face, the Dolphins, the Titans, and the Seahawks.
Speaker 2: The fact that they're five and two again, you should.
Speaker 6: Be like amazing. Multiple turnovers every game? Yeah, it's like Pete Carroll's still running the show for it. Geez, how did they lose the forty nine ers? What was the last play? Uh, Mick Bosa? Wait a turnover? Yes, it was a turnover. How did the Buccaneers kick a field goal to end the game in Seattle with the win?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 1: A turnover?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a turnover.
Speaker 2: You got to go to the bakery and send them some turnoffs.
Speaker 4: My goodness, sorry, there's my little rants.
Speaker 3: Well, of those, that five and two Seahawks team is not alone because when you look around the NFL eight five and two teams, if you add two four and two teams in the Steelers and Bills, you have ten teams. A third of the league essentially is five and two or four and two.
Speaker 4: So crazy.
Speaker 3: The wheels are going to fall off some and some will keep the momentum going. But a really interesting NFL season. Now, Camino, a random question. I want to I got you. I got you guys here to shoot me straight if you think I'm wrong. I'm coaching girls eight you softball, And as you know, when you're coaching kids, I know a lot of people listening to our show are living that mom or dad life. They're coaching watching their kids play. There's always a couple of kids at the bottom of the lineup. And you remember it when you played.
Speaker 2: Like, oh no, I never was at the bottom.
Speaker 3: Well I never said you were, but you remember, like, you know, Ernie was there and you know stunk, but he was a good kid, right.
Speaker 1: There was always there was always a couple of kids. Now, I always wonder about though, why'd they stick around? No, those kids who really, let's just say, weren't that good?
Speaker 2: How do they look back at that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: What did they tell their kids? I always wonder about that.
Speaker 3: Oh, how you brag about you with the greatest Little League champion of all time?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: What does the worst kid say?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 2: Hope you're better than me? Son?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Does he just let let it? You know, sort of let the illusion was pretty good? Dad played Pop Warner football, you know it? Does he leave out the plot where it's like and I never played in South I don't know what and you know what I have. Here's another funny part. I know some of those kids, and I see him on social media today and their kids are actually really good, And that's like, wow, how did that happen?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 3: Some it's honestly, I agree with you, because there was a kid I played with that was not good and his kids like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a division ie player.
Speaker 1: That guy.
Speaker 2: I've seen that too. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: So it's it's more of a did I do something that you think is wrong or not? So the bottom of the lineup, I was Sam picture this, Yeah, I was there.
Speaker 8: I pictured that I was there, bottom of the line, bottom the lineup. I think it practice. You have to practice as a kid. Yeah, so I didn't practice. So I was at the bottom of the lineup.
Speaker 2: Batting night, playing right field.
Speaker 4: Sam.
Speaker 8: I was a kid who had to sit on the bench when everyone else was out playing the field. And I was like the guy that sit out an inning.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, angle that with the kids, like you know, you know I'm talking about you know how you angle that?
Speaker 2: You say, y'all, kids, it's really hot out today. Who wants a break?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 8: They're say, Sam, you sit back during the third, the fourth, and fifth, and you can go in sixth, seventh, and eighth and.
Speaker 2: Sam, but forre up by ten runs, you can play.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: So long story short, the bottom of the lineup. These are kids that you know, they're still like there's swing's not there. They're swinging really hot. A ball could be ten feet in the air and they swing at it. It could bounce ten feet before home plate and they're just swinging. So I'm as a coach, I'm trying to just teach these kids like all right, all right, buddy, if it's in your zone, swing, if it's if it's way above your head, don't swing if it's way low.
Speaker 2: We're not in golfing. All right, all right, let's go. We get it.
Speaker 1: Hey, girls, cheer on your teammates. First pitch, twelve feet in the air, reaching and swinging. Next pitch like, doesn't even make it to the plate, golf swing, oh and two. On the third pitch, I could see it's gonna be like fifteen feet in the air, like these are girls learning how to pitch. I go, no, no, no, no, and the girl held back her swing. After the game, Would you believe someone came up to me one of the people that quote run the league and they're like, yeah, you can't be coaching like per pitch to the kids.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I said, you know what I said, I was sort of a jerk.
Speaker 4: It's like when you do play by play on the air.
Speaker 2: I said, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Oh, Like, I don't know where you came out with his rule, but yeah, no, I'm gonna I'm gonna coach my kids.
Speaker 1: Thanks, I'm gonna do what I want. Do you think that's a weird rule to say that? Like, I never heard of this unless we're talking professional teen it's tennis.
Speaker 3: And I know you can't coach someone from from the court, but have you ever heard someone say you can't coach a kid through balls and strikes?
Speaker 4: Never? Not not at that level?
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, they're eight and of the if I see that part of the culture of baseball. And so you're screaming from the dugouts and you're cheering a team saying.
Speaker 4: Hear loud voices from the stands. There's all kinds of ps.
Speaker 1: What if the dad was just standing there and he's like, but honey, no, no, no, no, don't.
Speaker 6: I think it makes you look like you're one of those overbearing coaches when that's not the intent.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 6: They come off thinking that they're doing good for the lead, but they actually are coming off is trying to be the more competitive stuff. You're doing it because you want your eight year olds to learn on what's a strike and not.
Speaker 4: To strike right all up.
Speaker 3: And by the way, fallball for people that coach fall in the spring in different states, they fall balls very casual, like a lot of those games that we do keep.
Speaker 2: Score new girls try to pitch.
Speaker 4: It's sure.
Speaker 3: Fall ball's more chill like spring is when they have the parade, the nicer jerseys, everything. This is almost like the practice fall League. So if I'm telling a girl no, no, don't swing, Okay, good hey buddy, let it be in your zone and I'm just trying to encourage the kid, You're gonna yell at me. I almost lost my mind.
Speaker 1: Damn Bier. My wife felt so awkward watching that interaction. A woman who was telling you that you need to follow the rules was kind of snippy with you. I'm like, what rules?
Speaker 3: Though, I've never heard of such a thing, and I know we have a national audience around three to four different stations. Has anyone ever heard that you can't tell a kid, oh, a bad pitch is coming?
Speaker 1: Does this woman know they call you above a law, Davis.
Speaker 6: You're not doing it to try to win the game. You're just trying to tell them what the strikes on.
Speaker 1: It is cors because yes, because the kid who's seven just swung a two balls that were compolle. Yes, it's decorum.
Speaker 2: Rich, you're violating the decoram.
Speaker 1: So I was like, no, you could.
Speaker 2: You can tell me that, but I'm gonna keep coaching the way I want. Thanks.
Speaker 1: I'm a dad who volunteers this time. Didn't you dismiss her and say, have whoever you need to have email me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't got time for this, lady.
Speaker 4: Email me. I don't care what you think. At aol dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit me up at my old AOL. I check it offten.
Speaker 2: But yeah, just I want to throw it out there at rich Davis.
Speaker 1: If you want to hit me up, I get into a spike war with a little league mom. I do a pony league mom or whatever it is. You know, she might make this harder for you. Okay, so that changes things? Is that a softball thing? I never played girls softwaite? I never heard that my life.
Speaker 3: Listen, the girls, the girls that are getting good at pitching, they pitch fast enough what you can't even make that split decision like swing, don't like they're throwing hard.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about like the girls when they're trying to learn. I don't get it, and I just figured I throw it out there. We are a sports show, and I guarantee I'm not the only coach or dad that has seen this.
Speaker 2: It's like, don't tell them if a ball of strike's coming.
Speaker 1: Never heard that news to me and the real core and juice of the story is the fact that Richard and like to be spoken that way. But yeah, there's there's women and men, some phillies, Karen, there's there's people.
Speaker 3: I don't know if people encounter this. You ever have someone at work or at your kid's school or someone talk to you. I'll give you an example. Do you remember that like average movie on Netflix with Bill Burr where he's like a dad.
Speaker 4: I remember, remember it.
Speaker 2: Was like something Dad, I so to me.
Speaker 3: I don't accept when people talk to me away that Like I wouldn't let my wife, friends or family talk to me. Like if someone talks to me and away, like you may talk to your husband that way. Old dads just like rich Remember the people at the daycare were yelling at Bill Burr and he's like, yeah, I was one minute later picking up my kid and remember that whole scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do. That's how I felt. I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're talking to me in a way that if my wife, my friends, my coworkers, no one would No one talks to.
Speaker 2: Me that way.
Speaker 1: Now that you're giving up your free time to coach and help out these kids, and you got this lady being a stickler, being a missus grundy yelling at you about the rules when it's a loose fall ball situation. So I forget where you're going from. But that's news to me, dude. I've never heard of that rule ever, Paul and Orlando said he has a little insight.
Speaker 9: What's up, Paul, coach rich it's rare, But I got your back on this one.
Speaker 1: When I was seven and eight years old.
Speaker 9: The coaches were actually allowed out in me infield, you know, around.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, we're allowed to have there's two there's two coaches that are allowed to sort of roam the field and like, hey, kids, but baseball ready, softball ready, Like it's so instructional that I'm like.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, it's all at that age, it's all about instruction. It's not about rules, rules, rules, And uh yeah, So I got you back on this one. I can't say I have your back all the time, but on this one.
Speaker 1: But you know what you never want to do, especially in public, starting to fight with a woman. And you know that's not a sexist comment. It's just not a good look for coaching a guy, you know, And it's hard to win that Dude's if you get extra ste that is that is not sexist at all.
Speaker 3: I think every man and woman would agree that if a man and a woman are arguing in public, you're just gonna no one that ever says even the.
Speaker 2: Guy have the guys side, and if you're right, that's the thing, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's an awkward situation, a man and a woman fighting in public, whereas people are like, man, the guy's really right.
Speaker 2: Never never, that's time. I'm saying, you got to be careful here.
Speaker 6: Did you see the video of the Tennessee fan being escorted from the Alabama game? No, okay, just I'm saying, because she was fighting with the police the whole time, and the guy was just kind of sitting there like what what are you supposed to do in that sort of case? So like, yeah, like I get it, like the guy guy never wins.
Speaker 1: Always looks like a dope.
Speaker 2: But anyway, thanks for hearing me out.
Speaker 3: I apologize for taking too long telling that story, but it was just on my mind.
Speaker 2: Thank you. No, I mean, it's that time of year.
Speaker 1: It's uh it's fall ball season, but it's also basketball season, is it? Yeah, tonight, So enjoy that again, Mavericks. Like you said, Mavericks, the Knicks fifth in the Power rankings, as Danny G pointed out Oklahoma City Thunder who played tonight. They play the Rockets, the tallest starting lineup in history. Yes, that's crazy, Danny. I'm gonna bite the stupid bait. Give me the top five. Is anybody is any good buddy gonna beat the Thunder this year?
Speaker 2: So Thunder is f You've only gotten better?
Speaker 1: You got the Warriors, Lakers if Thunder's one could be No, and Knicks are five Celtics, Mavericks? Who else?
Speaker 2: Who else is rounding out this list? Box?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Put it away? Didn't want it?
Speaker 1: No want I want the top five? Try to get us type, Danny, who the top five? I gotta find the list here?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: I found it right, Yeah, okay, let me see h oh they bounce all over on the h on the list.
Speaker 4: You have to open up the link. Should I should? I take the time?
Speaker 1: I guess you know a storyline I find kind of funny too, though that's been all over social media. How outspoken Stephen A. Smith has been about his disdain for Lebron James. That's wild right in front of like Lebron's boys, like Carmelo Anthony sitting there, got a problem with you, and he's like, I don't like him at all.
Speaker 4: I just don't like him.
Speaker 2: And it's like, man, what is going on here?
Speaker 1: That's kind of a wild storyline too, So it gets me fired up a little bit about the Lakers and what they're gonna be about this year.
Speaker 5: All right, Top five here according to Bleacher Report. Yeah, okay, see number one, so no surprise, no surprise. Yeah, of course, Denver Nuggets too.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, at number three, the Houston Rockets, who we just talked about. At number four, the Cleveland Cavaliers they were great last yep. And then we talked about five, the New York Knicks.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, hey, Lakers not even in the picture.
Speaker 4: Bro, Timberwolves at six according to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you gotta remember Lakers. At seven, Lakers are in the top ten.
Speaker 3: This is uh, this will be lucas first full campaign as a Laker. Keep that in mind. We'll see what happens around them. So eventually we will talk more NBA. But coming up, we're gonna do Showtime of Homes trivia, and in honor of Back to the Future day, we'll take a quick little look what were you doing in nineteen ninety three, the last time the Toronto Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: You mean, now, when I was the All Union County Pitcher of the Year.
Speaker 1: That's what I was doing. I was winning, Bro, winning that said I was doing back in ninety three. You yeah, night, you asked in ninety three when I was a champion? I mean, who slaying it? Bro? So we'll go back to ninety three. We'll play some trivia, We'll have some fun. All here, Cavino and Rich at eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox. All your favorite NBA players are back. Well, we just went over the top five teams. Where Draft Kings Sports getting in there? We're getting there. It's the official sports betting partner of the NBA. It's the place to bet on NBA stars this season. New customers, betch U just five bucks and get three months. This is cool.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get three months of NBA League Pass. That's a pretty sweet deal. Plus score three hundred dollars if your bet wins. That's paid in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code crs h ows code cr show bet five bucks and get three months of League Pass plus get three hundred dollars in bonus bets if your bet wins, It's all in partnership with DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 10: Gambling problem called what eight hundred gambler In New York call eight seven seven eight hope. In wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine and Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort In Kansas pass through if per wager tax may apply in Illinois twenty one plus. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction. Void in Ontario. Restrictions apply. Bet must win to receive bonus bets, which expire in seven days. Minimum mods required. NBA League pass Auto renews until canceled. Additional terms at DKNG dot co slash Audio limited time offer.
Speaker 1: All right, we need a contestant for Showboy Mahomes trivia. We didn't bring Mahomes here for no reason today. Wait, tell you there's a reason why Dan byers a rich Davis guy recently. Oh yeah, well, we're just talking about he loves your your babbling. We're talking about lawn care. I know, Dan Byron, I have so much in common.
Speaker 2: Do they know they call you doctor brown Thumb. You know what, it's the.
Speaker 3: Perfect time to patch up some of those areas where you're not that the grass isn't green enough, Doctor brown Thumb.
Speaker 1: Rich snows he has the greatest rose garden in all the valley.
Speaker 2: When I see a neighbor that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't have the dog on a leash and their dog just like wanders onto my front lawn, I get it's like the most aggravating feeling on planet Earth. Like I take care of this, not for your stupid ass dog to be just don'und like a dog glover?
Speaker 2: Nice? Sound like that?
Speaker 1: Was that the good neighbor that you want? The perfect perfect neighbor? Are you the perfect neighbor? By the way, if you want to play Showtime on homes Trivia, win some prizes. Take home our brand new Covino and Rich Turbo balls your nerve Football hit us up at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox ninety nine on Fox were live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. For over forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how, what and where they drive ship fast and free back by free road has a protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, Tiraq, dot com way tire buying should be again, I'm Covino, and that is doctor Brown thumb Rich Davis. You know what a couple of quick phone calls, one about coach Rich, one about the just bad look when you argue with any woman in public, as the guy always looks like an ass clown.
Speaker 3: And then we'll play trivia. So we got people lined up for everything. Say hi to Nolan in Indy.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 4: Nolan?
Speaker 7: You guys doing?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You doing?
Speaker 11: How you doing?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 11: I just had a question. I don't know too much about the difference. Is not that there could be that many between softball and baseball when the pair got mad at you or whoever thought they were in charge of the league, like an Hla Karen or something. Is there not a third base and a first page coach in softball that do things like tell it better to take the picture.
Speaker 3: The whole point, I feel like sports in general, other than tennis, which is the rare exception, we all know that we've seen that happen where you can't be coached on the court of play. Other than that football, baseball, basketball isn't part of coaching sort of instructing, especially little kids that are learning. I don't get at all. Let's go to Randy in Texas.
Speaker 9: Hey, Randy, oh well, on the subject of looking like an ass hat, lady pulled in you know, a Karen in a Mercedes bench just pulled straight into a handicapped spot.
Speaker 7: As I was walking in this door, and I just have to say, hey, this is not right. And then about three minutes later, I'm in the middle of a fight with this lady that I have to apologize too because I'm people bought the race card and a pistol.
Speaker 1: Whoa pulled out a pistol. I'm not fighting with anyone in a parking lot. By the way, here's how you put that to bed real quick. Someone parks in a handiccaff spot, they get out and I know, lick listen. People might have some different things I'm not. But a funny thing to do is to be like, hey, where's your wheelchair? No, it's not a funny do you get you don't think it's funny? That's no.
Speaker 8: But then if they're doing it because they're just being inconsiderate, not funny.
Speaker 2: Well, but it could be.
Speaker 4: Not everybody wheelchair, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: That's why there could be a multi tad.
Speaker 8: That's why I prefaced it saying, Sam, people you don't always know people's disability. But I'm saying a lot of people, if they're just saving time, hold on, that's why you throw that at them, because to call them out.
Speaker 2: All right, Sam, I love you, but that's the worst advice ever. If they don't have a wheelchair, kick them in the legs. Hey, if you see someone park in a handicap spot.
Speaker 1: And they don't have to give yeah, hey, give them a little guff where's your wheelchair?
Speaker 6: In the ninety minutes of this show today, we want to ask handicapped parkers where's your wheelchair?
Speaker 4: And we've also mocked stuttering.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, at least were a neck brace or something.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bobby Heen parked a handicaps with if you.
Speaker 8: Don't have it on your license plates, not hanging you stop just alright, Well, well you want to play a game.
Speaker 3: Let's let's save ourselves. Let's play a game. Show Time Homes Trivia.
Speaker 1: The mostly lovable, Patrick mahomes truth is, I want everybody to love me, not just the reps. It's time for some NFL trivia.
Speaker 4: But I'm here, I'm here, Yes, we know you're here.
Speaker 1: All right, Patrick mahomes here to play show Time homes Trivia.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Secure already walking our broke Patrick into the main studio.
Speaker 1: Like Michael Blake's I'm feeling good.
Speaker 5: Bye good You guys were trying to put Max Crosby in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: That they were nobody's This week, we had our way Goose Egg Danny g By the way, Patrick mahomes here, what's up? Fox Sports Radio Nation, Patrick, I'm always.
Speaker 2: A pleasure to be here.
Speaker 1: Patrick. I saw that you guys were all celebrating after your big win at your new steakhouse fifteen eighty seven. Fans are saying it's been overpriced, like eight hundred dollars for a two percent dinner. You know what, then they don't have to come, and that's final with me. You know what, if you're broke, don't come, but sorry, Jesus man, would you guys think of my acting skills? Not bad? Right, I'll stay farm Hey, you want to hear it. It's back to the future day right, Yeah, you mean to tell me you built the time machine out of a deloreate.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, it's great. That's scene scene. All right. Maybe let's let's meet the contestants.
Speaker 5: Twenty six next time winner Rich Davis right over there, twenty two time champion Dan Byer. Hello, nine time winner spotty Boy Patrick.
Speaker 3: I also wanted to thank you for carrying stop you're carrying me in my GIA team league this year.
Speaker 2: You put up big numbers. Thank you, Patrick, pleasure man.
Speaker 5: All right, you're looking to win seeing our nerve football in the studio lines Mike in Waco, Texas, Mikey, what do you do for a living there in Texas?
Speaker 9: I'm electrician.
Speaker 4: I already been on and already beat you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, he's going for a second win. All right, all right, here we go. All right, Here are the rules for Showtime Mahomes NFL Trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champion. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready, let's get back all right, Patrick mahomes here, I'm here.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: Their logo kind of looks like something phallic that Trav would have doodled on his PG folder in high school. But what city did the Rams originally play in? Is it a Cleveland, B Cincinnati or c Akron spot spot Akron?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, rich both ahead?
Speaker 4: Oh, buyer for the steal? Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: They were founded in Cleveland nineteen thirty six.
Speaker 4: Boom buyer on the board.
Speaker 5: As we go to round two, and Mike, don't be shy, there's shout out your name?
Speaker 4: Okay, round sick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, Patrick mahomes here.
Speaker 1: My mint rookie card from Penice twenty seventeen National Treasurers. One of one sold for how much to a private buyer? A eight hundred and fifty thousand, B one point seven million or C four point three million?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: Oh, Mike ahead, mikey B.
Speaker 4: B No sorry, Oh that was rich for the steal.
Speaker 1: That was gonna be my guest, so I will say a no. Tell me hold on, Patrick, you're telling me one of your cards sold for four million dollars? Better believe it four point three million dollars. And by the way, I'm hearing that the show show Halo tiny balls are going for three million dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, crazy man, four point three million, Get like three or four steaks at your steakhouse.
Speaker 4: That's right, all right? Round three?
Speaker 1: All right, Patrick Mahomes show boy Mahomes Trivia. What was I once quoted saying about giving your all a if there was such a thing as one hundred and fifty percent, That's what I would give on the field. B cash envelopes to the refs shop locks, to Max Crosby's knees. We leave it all on the field, or see. I want people to know that I'm gonna leave every single thing on the field. What did I say, Mike, Mike, Yeah, mikey Hey hey no.
Speaker 4: Rich Rich for the steal?
Speaker 2: Uh see, yes, try. I want to know.
Speaker 1: I want to be I don't know that I'm gonna leave every single thing on the field.
Speaker 4: All right, So Bayer and Rich both on the board as we go to round four.
Speaker 1: Also want everyone to know that I'm a really great actor. I saw this week and I saw that this.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Round four?
Speaker 1: Who was my favorite basketball player when I was growing up NBA stars tonight. How do you feel about that?
Speaker 2: Too soon?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Was it a Lebron James, B. Carmelo Anthony or C, Dwayne Wade.
Speaker 4: Mike, Mike.
Speaker 5: Dam Yeah, yes it's correct.
Speaker 6: Carmelo move out, just yellow letter, it's my dude, all right?
Speaker 5: Three way high Buyer, Rich and Mike in Waco as we go to round five.
Speaker 1: All right, Patrick Mahomes, besides shoes, shoes, shoes, I have have an impressive collection of what oh A trading cards, B pictures of Rich's mom just kidding, just kidding, B Rolex watches or see luxury trucks.
Speaker 2: Spot Spot watches.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, y'all know what time it is?
Speaker 2: You got some advice from Tom Brady. I hear you watch the time it is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: All right, So that means, huh, we have a four way tie.
Speaker 1: If you don't like it, I got better things to do. I gotta stay cast. I got people see I think I want to be hanging with your high brass.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go to the tiebreaker after dp's update.
Speaker 2: Cool, Thanks for hanging Patrick, dB. What's going on?
Speaker 4: A lot's going on in New York.
Speaker 6: We'll get to the giants in a sack, But it's been quite a day for the New York Jets. This is what owner Woody Johnson said about his head coach Aaron Glenn.
Speaker 1: If I were a player, he would I would respond to him because he's a real deal.
Speaker 4: You know, b no second agendas.
Speaker 1: What you're hearing is the truth, and a lot of time players don't.
Speaker 2: Get the truth. They get a lot of gobbledy goog.
Speaker 6: Well got quite the voter confidence for the O and to seven head coach. As for the quarterback of that oh to seven team, Justin Fields. Here's Woody Johnson's opinion of the quarterback.
Speaker 1: You have to play consistently at that position, and that's what we're going to try to do well.
Speaker 10: But you can just complete a pass, it would look good.
Speaker 11: You have to complete some patty.
Speaker 10: You got to convince them that you could do something.
Speaker 6: So not necessarily a voted confidence. And now ESPN is reporting that the Jets are going to start to Rod Taylor at quarterback in Week eight against the Bengals, moving Justin Fields to the bench. The Vikings will start Carson Wentz on Thursday night against the Chargers. JJ McCarthy still not fully recovered from his high ankle. Spring Jets released kicker Jude Mcatamney today. Mcatamney missed two extra points in there thirty three to thirty two loss to the Broncos last Sunday. Giants quarterback Russell Wilson responded via X to comments indirectly made about him by Broncos head coach Sean Payton after some game. Willson posted on social media quote, classless but not surprised. Didn't realize you're still bounty hunting fifteen plus years later through the media.
Speaker 4: End quote.
Speaker 6: Edge rusher Brandon Graham has ended his retirement. He'll play for the Eagles. Bill Belichick one of twelve coaches that have moved to the next round for possible induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The Angels are hiring former catcher Kurt Suzuki to be their new skipper. He spent the last three years in the Angels front office and Yep, Tonight, the NBA regular season starts. Rockets and Thunder seven thirty Eastern Warriors and Lakers ten Eastern.
Speaker 4: Talk to you guys, Thanks buddy. All right, it's we have time to finish here, all right, Let's wrap it up. Tiebreak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's get our contestant back on the line. Mike and Waco get out here. That's all right, no multiple choice for the tiebreak. It's just buzz in with your name when you're ready to answer this question. Whoever comes closest doesn't matter if you're over under, whoever comes closest, it's perfect, all right, Patrick read the ot question, all.
Speaker 1: Right, life of a show boy. Show boy, I'm a home trivia. What is my career quarterback rating?
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way, we round it down by a tenth of a point to make it a solid number. So Patrick's career quarterback rating, Mikey.
Speaker 4: Let's say ninety eight, ninety eight, Okay.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say one o.
Speaker 6: Two, one o two for Rich all right, I'll say, jeez, one hundred point. Now, I'll just say one hundred one. Okay, Spotty, I'll go.
Speaker 2: With ninety seven seven.
Speaker 4: Rich, You lucky dog, you've hit it two games in a row. It's one oh two, right on the road, right on the dog.
Speaker 1: I think he was looking at my sheet here. I feel like he's the springer cheater of the show. I mean it hit it dead.
Speaker 2: I'm like that.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like you know the answer. But congrats, I mean, what can you say? Thank you? Patrick?
Speaker 5: All right, Mikey in Waco, thank you for playing the game today. We appreciate you. O.
Speaker 4: Brian, Brian Bram should have got you, bro.
Speaker 1: All right, man, all right until the Commanders. Let's go for commanders next week. All right, guys, I'm out pant Patrick, Patrick Jo, I had a Nader George Springer, I'd i'd have thought about Dan Buyer's update, if that's cool with you, guys, dB, you were talking about the Jets and how yeah, no, blaino the votes of odd confidence they're getting for the owner.
Speaker 2: The Jets are just.
Speaker 1: In a weird spot.
Speaker 3: Oh and seven correct, Yes, three teams in the last fifty years in a non strike shortened season have been winless. We know these three teams that common knowledge. Like I was saying, do you know the teams that have been winless? Because we all know about the regular season undefeated Dolphins that won the Super Bowl and the undefeated Patriots that lost in the Super Bowl. Do you know the teams that have never won?
Speaker 8: The Detroit Lions one year, the Detroit Lions two thousan I believe man, I can't think of the other two of them.
Speaker 3: I had the Bucks in their inaugural season and the Cleveland Mounds twenty seventeen. They were oh and sixteen. Are the Jets that level of bad? Because they've been close in a couple of them? Do do you think we could be looking at the first ever own seventeen team? That would be a lot that would tell you. I don't think anyone's that bad, right.
Speaker 6: I actually think Tennessee is worse. I don't know, but Tennessee at least has their win. But I don't think that they'll go oh in seventeen that extra game, even.
Speaker 2: With that extra game, it's it's hard to be that bad.
Speaker 3: That means like that means on no given Sunday, did you just like get a couple of lucky turnovers the ball bounce your way? Like to be oh and seventeen, you'd have to be pretty awful. And while the Jets are bad, they've been in a few of these games.
Speaker 1: I just can't see it all right, So your thoughts on that the Jets they stink, there's no question about it. But I bad. By the way, did you see the video. There's a cool video floating we'll get to it. Next. There's a poor Jets fan that's been viral. We'll tug old Jets a little about that little kid. The little kid. Yeah, poor kid. All right, so we got more Cavino and Rich next on Fox Sports. All right, Cabino and Rich live from the Fox Sports Radio studio and getting a job. It could be so much easier with Express Employment Pros. With Express you'll have your local connection to the job market. Get started at expresspros dot com to find the local location near you www dot expresspros dot com. Danny G super Producing, Thanks again for booking showboy Mahomes Danny G. Great job with that A seven seven ninety nine one Fox Iowa. Sam playing some Paula Abdul done for me lately? Oh, that's right, Janet Jackson. But you know what Paula Abdul I'm pretty sure is in.
Speaker 2: One of her songs. Which one is she singing? She's singing in one of them? Spot which one she's in? The Nasty Boys?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nasty Boys, your favorite wrestling tech team, right, knobs and SAgs. Oh, yes, this is Janet Jackson. It's a one. What have you done lately for me lately? Sort of world living.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Now the Jets are oh and seven, and this kid's gone viral, and I think the reason he's gone viral is that he sort of encapsulates what it's like to root for a team that stinks, knowing that you're never going to really change your alliance or colors, because it's what sports fans do. If you like a terrible team, it's sort of like you're married with the inability to get divorced. And there's something about the calmness in this young man's voice. A viral clip of a young Jets fan this past week. I hate this team. I was born into this and I'm not gonna ever I'm always a Jets fan, but like.
Speaker 2: I just I hate the same.
Speaker 1: It was just so Yeah, some social media guy goes up to this goofy kid. He's like, hey man, we think the Jets this year? And that was his like honest answer. But it just felt so like was Wednesday script at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was from the heart. It's like, what do you want me to tell you other than like, you know, I was born into this.
Speaker 1: My dad and uncle and probably everyone is a Jets fan, so I have to be in a Hey, there's no escape in it. I'm a young man and I just know this torture down the road forever really is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sucks, that does it sucks?
Speaker 3: You know, your family picture teams, which is why I guess I have to accept the fact that my kids are leaning Dodgers. We live in LA and I'm a Mets fan. But I guess why not let them be winners if I can't be right? Is that one way to look at it.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I don't know. If that's your thing.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm guessing that this kid's family are also Knicks fans when it comes to basketball.
Speaker 4: Some hope this season starts.
Speaker 1: I mean fifth in the Power right, They're gonna be good. The Knicks are gonna be good. I think Dan Patrick recently went on not a rant. He did this a segment I believe, where highlighting how the New York sports teams have really under delivered. Like New York used to be a really awesome sports market, but the Yankees haven't won in sixteen years. The Knicks stink, the Jets stink, The Mets stink.
Speaker 2: Like all the Knicks don't stink anymore.
Speaker 1: They haven't since, you know, since before you were born, before I was born, for sure.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, sorry, if you're a Jets fan, apologies. Now you know what, we're gonna maybe push it, to push it to tomorrow. The Blue Jays nineteen ninety three. It's wild to think we have this, like weird. If you're like forty something, you're like, yeah, I remember the Blue Jays, Paul Mollitor or you know, John Olarude, Joe Carter, you have a memory of it.
Speaker 3: But I read somewhere that seventy seven percent of the current Blue Jays on their roster weren't even alive when that Blue j when the Blue Jays last one. So the idea of like, well they've been there, yeah, they've been there, but like a long ass time ago. If you want to really put in perspective, thirty two years. That's like if you were a kid in the eighties, the last time your team won was nineteen fifty something, Like time is moving, right, I mean, like thirty plus years ago is not yesterday anymore, as the meme go, as the meme go, as you think, thirty years ago, so what nineteen seventy something, No, thirty years ago is the mid nineties.
Speaker 1: Aside from squeezing cheeks in the nineties, you know, I remember most nineteen ninety three was the debut of Beavis and butthead ninety three Spot Spot, it's like it's like we changed the world. So you know what, tomorrow, let's let's go over tomorrow. Let's think about where we were in ninety three.
Speaker 2: Spot. I know you were watching the new spin off Saved by the Bell The College.
Speaker 4: Year, Oh my favorite.
Speaker 2: Well did you explain why? Because it's back to the future there.
Speaker 3: It's back to the future there, but we get extended tomorrow because guess what we make the rules.
Speaker 1: It's convened on rich. Yeah, I was Sam, spotty boy. Let's have a lot of fun. People say it's the perfect movie. So yeah, we'll make a whole weekend. Yeah, we'll see you guys back here tomorrow. Until then, great Scott, hoorry. But Darcy baby, we'll see you in the promise land, right,