Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shots, streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: All right, here we are. It's a beautiful Monday, a hot and steamy Monday in North Texas, and this is Mickshots, Bill Jones, Mickey Spagnola, and we are rejoined this week by the great Everson Walls, who's back in the house. Everson.
Speaker 2: I see pots cooking and boiling outside. What the heck is going on?
Speaker 4: Crawfish boil, craw fish boiled.
Speaker 3: Out there on the practice field. And I expected to see football players on the football field today.
Speaker 4: What's going Well, they're just problem.
Speaker 5: They're trying to bribe them to take part in the voluntary start to one of the workouts.
Speaker 3: That's the Day's the day. It's the official start of voluntary off season workouts here at the Star in Prisco.
Speaker 2: You know, next weekend I'll be having had a crawfish cookout. So this is very apropos I like that.
Speaker 5: Well, I just got some six pounds on Saturday. Yes, absolutely, man, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: They were good. That's right. You got a little Louisiana in you.
Speaker 5: Man, quite a bit half of me there you go.
Speaker 3: So has Dak arrange this, he being a Louisiana guy to get his guys out here.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was the it's the interesting. I like that.
Speaker 5: It was the same company that cooked for us before our Rangers opening day.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they've got an ongoing contract with them, maybe a month long contract with them.
Speaker 2: They've got the table out there long, got it set up right, got it set up. All you got to do is just cook them and then just pull them out.
Speaker 5: Got the Porterborod boilers that you can buy at the store.
Speaker 2: That's impressive. What is happening out here?
Speaker 3: So it is the first day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't seem but I got here. It was a little bit before ten, So I don't know if the workouts hadn't commenced yet or now.
Speaker 3: The first phase there's there's there's different phases of the off season program. Much like in training camp, we have a ramp up period the first couple of weeks of the off season program. It's just with the strength and conditioning staff and the coaches don't can't be on the practice field.
Speaker 5: With them, but they can have meetings.
Speaker 3: They can behind the scenes have meetings for the first time since the end of the season.
Speaker 4: In basic Yes, yes, so, And it's voluntary.
Speaker 3: So you know what do voluntary mean?
Speaker 5: Yes, it means I don't have to be here if I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Oh little inside joked people, if you don't want to sk to us a lot talking about.
Speaker 5: It's been a while. It's just unfortunate. Ye, it's just unfortunate. I don't know that we ever had a recording of that. Okay, it would have been as popular as how about them cowboys?
Speaker 4: What do voluntary mean?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man?
Speaker 3: But we had Dak Prescott at the Aildren's Cancer Fund gala on Friday. I heard from heard from Dak as well, and he's a limited participant. He said he could play a game now if he needed to, but he doesn't need to now, and you know they don't now they've got two quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: I don't believe I don't believe it. He's so optimistic. He couldn't play a name right now.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, when I've been watching his rehab out there. He's been on the chords, right, and they do all the little side steps forward.
Speaker 4: Backward, they go in a big square.
Speaker 5: Well, last week, I can't remember if it was Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 4: No more chord.
Speaker 5: He was doing this on his own. He was running pretty well nice, I mean hard. He was doing those exercises hard. So that was a thin another step in the right direction.
Speaker 2: I think with me, it's just I'm just so ignorant of the injury, and so that's why I'm so pessimistic about it.
Speaker 5: Well, he could probably play as long as he knew he wasn't getting hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so he played touch for I see.
Speaker 5: That's going on now with the Stars defenceman merro Hiskin. He's practicing, but he's not allowed to be in contact right, which means, well, you can't play.
Speaker 2: Yet, which means the Stars are sucking right now. Well, the defense is really I was there for Winnipeg.
Speaker 3: Are you really you went to a hockey game.
Speaker 2: I went to a hockey game, man, my brother.
Speaker 4: I was there.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't. I didn't seen you guys. In the week, and my buddy came in from New Orleans and he wanted to go to a game. Of course, the only black guy he knows it like hockey is my brother. So you know, we went to the game.
Speaker 3: Whatever is it a game, soccer match, Hockey's a game.
Speaker 2: So hockeys went to the hockey game, had great seats. And when I tell you, the Winnipeg Jets are the biggest freaking team I think I've ever seen on ice. They were here, our guys were here, and they're really good playing and they're good defense. I mean it's not just the goalie. They're playing defense on the exterior. And we couldn't even get to the goalie half the time, especially in the second and third period. It was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So they had like the Jalen Carter on their defense.
Speaker 2: Yes they do, big number ninety. It was ninety four or ninety four. He looked like he was about six seven. It was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: There's a reason why they've got the most point exactly that league they're going to. I mean, I don't exactly if they're going to try these last couple of games, but they're going to get the President's Trophy again.
Speaker 3: Defense wins champions, like Mickey's always.
Speaker 2: They made the game. He Ckey.
Speaker 5: Except when you give up one hundred and thirty four points in a basketball game.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well that's NBA. Where do we go.
Speaker 3: Who gave up one hundred and more point the Mavericks yesterday. Yes, they didn't play anybody. Well, they played well, they play everybody I know.
Speaker 2: They didn't play any of them. Oh yeah, sad.
Speaker 3: Everybody I know.
Speaker 4: But they still and that's that's the thing with it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we are backup. This is way better than our back up play.
Speaker 3: This is comparing the NFL with the NBA. Yeah, because the NFL, they've for years now, they've got their schedule figured out, where you're playing division rivals the last week you schedule the games. Basically, they're very strategic to make sure that teams aren't sitting players that something. If there's if there's a chance that the game can be meaningful, it's going to be played at the same time as another game that might impact that team's standing. And the NBA did the same thing. They skedued all their games at two o'clock two thirty yesterday afternoon. Okay, and the Mavericks had something to play for, okay, because they're in the play in game a one game play in game against Sacramento. Both teams come into the game with the same record. Sacramento's got the tiebreaker. Uh, and so the Mavericks. If the Mavericks win, Sacramento has to win over Phoenix to claim the home court advantage, and that playing again, Well, the Mavericks just set Anthony Davis and Clay Thompson on PJ. Washington and Derek Lively don't play in the game. Yeah, and so Sacramento doesn't play anybody in the game. And then I look across. Memphis had to win the game too for whatever reason, and they sat all their guys too. The guy that was their leading scorer scored thirty one points. He averages two point three points a game, and he scored thirty one to lead the way for him. And so the NBA is trying to make it meaningful on the last day of the season like the NFL does, and what the hell, we doesn't matter, We're just not gonna play Ayody.
Speaker 2: It was ugly.
Speaker 4: Health it was ugly, and then they got a guy hurt that.
Speaker 2: Was a forty point difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's okay.
Speaker 3: It was like the day after the Luca trade where they they set everybody because everyone was distraught and the shock, and so nobody played. And then they gave up one hundred and fifty points and.
Speaker 2: You put that on the injury list.
Speaker 5: But but if you go back to why they couldn't beat Boston because they couldn't score enough points. No doubt, the defense played decently.
Speaker 2: Decent, They were decent, but they couldn't.
Speaker 5: They couldn't score a hundred points.
Speaker 3: Because the Boston defense was so good.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, but there was.
Speaker 5: So then they tried to fix the offense by trading for Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: Right, they fix the defense. Yeah, all right, So now we bring it back to the Cowboys. Yes, we've got a draft looming nine days away.
Speaker 5: Now, and one more veteran backup quarterback I see got off the board, Drew Lock back to Seattle.
Speaker 3: Drew Lock to Seattle. I did not even see that. It just happened this morning.
Speaker 2: So who's going to be the starter in Seattle?
Speaker 3: Well, they they got Sam Darnell.
Speaker 5: They got Sam Darnold. They had Sam holl Will Will Sam Sam how Yeah, veteran, and they signed him to a two year, five million dollar deal. That's what was reporting. And I thought the true Boys. Yeah, I thought the Cowboys were just waiting till the price came down. Well, two and a half of a year, that's pretty inexpensive for a guy that started games in the But.
Speaker 3: But wait, the Cowboys don't need a backup quarterback. They traded for their backup quarterback.
Speaker 4: Right, you feel good about.
Speaker 2: That, so we need one more?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: We went twenty two for twenty nine and to a touchdown pass and ran for a touchdown pass in the game he played.
Speaker 5: When did you just talk about what the Mavericks did sitting people in a game that didn't matter. Buffalo played nobody.
Speaker 3: On that final regular season game against New England. I was shut. I went and did the research on it because everyone's talking about how well Joe Milton played and it was against a good team, Buffalo, And I went back and looked at the snap count for the Buffalo players in that game against Joe Milton. They literally, and I don't have the list in front of me. There were eight defensive starters that did not play in the game, and Von Miller played three snaps in the game, I assume because he needed to there was an incentive. And then their next four regulars on their defense played twenty snaps or fewer in the game. And I'm like, how in the NFL, it's like, because of roster restrictions and stuff, how do you sit all eleven or twelve starters? And they figured out a way to do it. And credit goes to Sean McDermott, their head coach, and Brandon Bean their GM manipulating their practice squad and have call ups and whatever, and they were able to field a team. But that's what Joe Milton went up against in that game. So in other words, tap the brakes.
Speaker 5: So he's got one game of NFL experience, that one you just talked about.
Speaker 3: Will Greer's got two starts in his career. So the Cowboys that are backup quarterbacks Will Greer and Joe Milton have a combined three starts in the NFL.
Speaker 5: So are you that comfortable and to lean on if Dak Prescott gets hurt in preseason, which.
Speaker 2: He won't play, No Cooper of Russia's out there, Huh.
Speaker 4: There's probably still a few Carson wentz Is out there, and.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not, I could take casts them.
Speaker 5: With these teams that draft a rookie quarterbacks, as a backup.
Speaker 2: Bill. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Carson Wentz was with Kansas City last year. He's now thirty three years old, and uh so he would be another guy who doesn't have as much playing time as Carson Wentz, but does have starts in the league.
Speaker 2: C J.
Speaker 3: Bethard, who is with Jacksonville thirty two years old and was there when Schottenheimer was at Jacksonville.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 3: He coached him there that for one year.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny I look at at at Carston Wentz and I say, Okay, he's had enough failures to know when to stop. And and to me, that's just experience, right, And so you want a guy I wouldn't want him here as a starter, but if he came here as a backup, you could he could recognize situations that he could manage based on the experiences that he's had.
Speaker 3: I mean, compare, Okay, Carson wentzter Cooper Rush.
Speaker 2: I'm talking Carson Wentzon.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm saying, compare the two.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, Carston went a much better athlete and he's got the tools are much better. Uh but that was never his problem and and you know Cooper Rush his problem. His problems were he was able to overcome his problems with experience. Do the same.
Speaker 3: If the Cowboys or any other team signed Carson Wentz, it's a yawn from people. And it's also but when Cooper Rush goes to Baltimore, well wow, they let Cooper Rush get away, you know, And a lot of it has to do with Carson Wentz was the second pick in the draft, so he's considered a bust because he didn't live up to that where he was drafted at one point Cooper Rush. But Cooper Rush was college free agent and oh wow, no one, he didn't have the expectations. No one had the expectations Cooper Rush could do anything. Then he comes in and win some games and okay, Cooper Rush, Yeah, good backup?
Speaker 5: If you if you could get a backup for two millions, yeah, Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: Everybody said, well he failed the Giants, Well okay, but you're hoping he doesn't have to play. But if he does, the reason backup quarterbacks are successful is their experience because they don't get to practice one the season starts.
Speaker 3: And the Colts are hoping Daniel Jones does play. Yes, because it's either him or Anthony Richardson right now as their starting goal decision, which gets back to the draft and quarterbacks getting overdrafted.
Speaker 2: And I could look at both of those that say that, think about this when when he look at both of those, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many quarterbacks will get drafted in the first round, But when they get drafted, somebody's getting knocked off their roster, so there'll be more quarterbacks available.
Speaker 4: The first of May.
Speaker 3: Well, what happened when the Cowboys got Andy Dalton. That was the year that the Bengals drafted Joe Burrow, right, and so Andy Dalton was on the roster up until the Okay, they made the number one overall pick Joe Burrow, and then the Bengals released Andy Dalton and the Cowboys pick up and.
Speaker 5: And he had also made all the money he needed so he could come in for whatever they I think they only paid them three million.
Speaker 4: Dollars for the year.
Speaker 3: So I think it's wise for the Cowboys at this point sit tight, to sit tight, see what happens in the draft. There may be a guy in the fifth round that the Cowboys draft that they like who as a developmental guy who has experience in college who they may say, you know what, let's go with this guy and Joe Milton and let it play go through the off season. Get them snaps, see where they are in training camp, and you can always get a guy at the end of training camp too to be your back, a veteran guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, needed.
Speaker 5: So two guys that'll go probably I don't know, third day that played a lot of college ball.
Speaker 4: The Ohio State.
Speaker 5: Guy, Will Howard Any played like four or five years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, played at Kansas State and then at Ohio State.
Speaker 5: And then rot is it Riley Riley Leonard Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Same thing, right, is a duke for three years and then a Notre Dame and they both played against each other in the National Championship Game.
Speaker 5: So they're experienced. They've taken a lot of college snap at least.
Speaker 4: I could say they have those.
Speaker 3: They have those.
Speaker 2: And the college player that that's had at least four years, Yeah, there.
Speaker 4: Is not three and not right, right, But.
Speaker 3: I like both of those guys in terms of those intangibles, leadership, character. I mean, Riley Leonard has incredible athleticism too. He has been In fact, it's funny that you even mention him because he's he's my guy as a sleeper quarterback in this draft that I think could develop into something. And he's got just the presence that he has. Go look at his high school basketball video of him slam dunking, and just as a running quarterback in the in college football, there's a reason that Notre Dame was running the ball all the time because he could do it. And as Daryl Royle used to say, and you throw the ball and the three things can happen. Two of them are bad. Well, and you're controlling games by controlling the football running the ball. But he's running through the Georgia defense, the Clemson defense, doing these incredible athletic things. And I like him as a developmental guy as far as his passing too. But we'll see where he goes. I think he has a personality that I think coaches will There will be coaches who fall in love with him who he may go earlier than people expect because of that. But if he is there in the fifth round, I say jump on him.
Speaker 5: So mentioning that what does the Green, Big Green notebook say about quinn Ewers like around.
Speaker 3: And talking with people close to viewers, I mean he could go as early as the high second, or he could depending on how the quarterbacks play out here, he could and all those quarterbacks would drop all the way to the third day of the draft, depending on Okay, you've got obviously cam Ward's going number one overall, and you've got shahduor Sanders, and there's mixed reviews on him whether he will go top of the first round. He could be a guy that slides to the second round, depending on where that run starts on quarterbacks and what people think. Like the Saints now with the Derek Carr injury, there's a lot of speculation. Well, maybe the Saints would at number nine would take a quarterback, and maybe at Shador goes there. Jackson Dart from Ole miss is another one that's in that mix. Well, if teams decide, okay, they look at the landscape and we think, okay, we can get one of those two guys with our early second round pick, they may wait or trade up from the second round. The Saints have six picks in the top one thirty in the draft, and they could trade up whatever, and so would that would might push yours will Howard Tyler Shuck is another guy from Louisville who played at Texas Tech. Started his career as Justin Herbert's backup at Oregon. He's going to be twenty six in September. And as really you look at the talented arms in this draft, and Tyler Shuck is right there at the top, and so that could push those guys all down around and so we'll see. But usually quarterbacks get drafted earlier than what they're graded.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it seems like the big unknown right now with the quarterbacks and the draft is where Shaudur Sanders should be drafted.
Speaker 4: What what do you guys think?
Speaker 5: What is your estimation of what he is? Say his name was Shaudeur Wilson. Does that change everybody thinks about him?
Speaker 2: Anytime you have the luxury of having Sanders, it does change things just automatically. You're gonna get a more exposure and then also more criticism. He's got to be as a quarterback. I think he has been challenged more than any other quarterback. I think he's had less to work with than any of the top quarterbacks that are being considered in the dress.
Speaker 3: When you could consider his offensive line.
Speaker 2: Yes, offensive line especially, and so that to me lets me know how durable he is. It kind of it brings him up on the ladder to me a little bit higher, simply because you know that he's had that experience of diversity and adversity.
Speaker 7: And so.
Speaker 2: I think if his name was not Sanders, I think he'd get less consideration. But it wouldn't be fair. It could not be fair because this guy has been through a lot in his two years, and well they spently two years in Colorado, and I think he I think coming to the pros it would be better off for him when he gets there because he's going to be the guy that has been through it already. He hadn't been a cake It hadn't been a cake walk for him at all.
Speaker 3: And in fact, I did a podcast this morning with Babe Lathenburg and we were talking about Shador and the way Bay put it, and he likes a lot about Shadeur's what he's done in college and thinks he has probably a higher floor than a lot of the quarterbacks in this draft. He's not sure about what how high his ceiling is right because of his he doesn't have the best arm in the draft. Not not to say he doesn't he doesn't have a good arm, but as far as being a guy who can be a Pro Bowl quarterback down the road. And then I do not mean to put word in the babe's mouth on this, but that's one way he was looking at it was that. And he doesn't have it, doesn't have his dad's athleticism.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have his speed right exactly right to me.
Speaker 3: But he does have his movement in the pocket and so forth. He's got enough to be to be able as.
Speaker 2: We talk about what he doesn't have. Yeah, that's why I like him so much because there's a lot of things he doesn't have. But you can see his calmness about him, and he's he's salvaged some plays.
Speaker 3: Almost to a fault. The calmness is almost to a fault because he waits and lets and he believes he can make the play so much that he will wait and wait and wait for the play to develop, and then he gets sacked in the man at the risk of his own health, exactly right, Which tells you a little bit about his courage too, that he's tough, that he was.
Speaker 5: I think some people mistake that from lack of recognition because he's waiting right right, Because.
Speaker 3: He's been coached by Pat Scharmer at Colorado, right, NFL coaching there, and.
Speaker 5: So I was just wondering because it seems like, and you know what, these mock drafts are, right, they don't check with anybody, and all of a sudden, his name starts going down down, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, okay, you know what happens on that is okay? And they're obviously with a guy like Shador, there's hype to begin with there. And so guys they make out their mock drafts or they do their evaluations and then they start talking to NFL, NFL people, scouts or whatever as we get closer and closer to the draft, and they get mixed reviews and so, but how much of that is truth? And how much of it is.
Speaker 5: Because if their mouths are moving, they're lying, that's right, right.
Speaker 3: So then when they hear that, okay, there's mixed reviews in NFL, well, all it takes is one Michael Pennox last year. Okay, Atlanta has already signed Kirk Cousins, and Michael Pennix has this injury history. I mean, the talent is obvious with Pennix, and he was an older guy twenty four years old coming out but and everyone couldn't believe that Atlanta would pick him ninth overall because they had signed Cousins. Well they loved him enough to do that, and actually he's now the starting quarterback here a year later. Yeah, so all it takes is one that likes you, doesn't matter what the other thirty one they're thinking. I mean, ask Patrick Mahomes draft. Ask Chicago how they feel about their evaluation of quarterbacks in that draft when they when they take Trubisky and there's Mahomes going nine picks later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Bears should not be the sample of their ability to choose quarter although I think this last one is probably pretty good. If they get him some and somebody, well they well that was they've worked on that.
Speaker 2: Yes, they had two or three quarterbacks before, and they still didn't give him any help. Yeah. I feel sorry for the guy because he's gonna go through the same crap the fields went through.
Speaker 3: They don't have anything there for him. Well, they've added this year. They've got veterans on their offensive line. They got Ben Johnson as their head coach.
Speaker 4: So now veteran wide receiver.
Speaker 2: Now let's see, now, let's see, Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right foods. We're just getting started on this edition of mix Shots. So much to get to on Mickey's legal pad when we come back.
Speaker 6: Cowboys football and Miller Lyte, What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff? Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed by Monday Morning Swacker Briskey in the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Quick America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 2: Miller Lte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Dallas Cowboys Football tastes like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store?
Speaker 8: Rip Troy all right, folks, don't get started with the Yeddy, French Press and Joe Calvery This Day's Hot for Hours and French Press thirty four as for U six four with the cruise of yetty French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs, some versale waterproof, Devil's waterprove bag bags forts most of the water shoul get a waterprove Yetti bag. Dont smell something cooking po new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, corn bait, commerce, pop, pine and potatoes. Next sobi with three sizes of the yetty cast iron.
Speaker 5: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Scott Kitchen slid for the first down.
Speaker 9: Investigate your icons where everyone is a Rooki in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect.
Speaker 2: Throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot Com Slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military for valor and combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 3: Demiced Shots.
Speaker 2: Draft Weekend at the Star. Cowboys fans get ready for the Draft Weekend presented by Miller Lte at the Star in Frisco. The action kicks off Thursday, April twenty fourth with the Ultimate Draft Party, continues Friday with the Draft Hangout, and wraps up Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White Health Center three days of football fund and experience. You won't want to miss. Visit Dallas Cowboys Draft for details.
Speaker 4: You're running three K.
Speaker 2: I'd be walking it if I did it. I thought of that room for walking. They won't blame you.
Speaker 3: You can go at your own pills.
Speaker 2: My running days after that last uh Cowtown Marathon, I'm done, got no desire.
Speaker 4: I'm done.
Speaker 2: I might do a turkey trot or something, and I won't be doing the eight but ah my goodness, oh I just it tore me up. I'm done a man has to know his limitations.
Speaker 3: I used to love the jog. I did too, and I tore my meniscus and doctor said, you got to partially torn meniscus. If you were an athlete, i'd recommend surgery. Then you're not an athlete, so go find an elliptical machine. So I've been on elliptical everything. And I used to love I used to love of yeah, traveling.
Speaker 2: And while I was ahead, my my faculties are still there. All that's working. But nah, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 3: All right, Mickey, what you got on your legal.
Speaker 4: Before we get to that? When we were talking about chadur.
Speaker 5: And stop me if I told this before, stop all right, because I probably have right.
Speaker 3: The big.
Speaker 5: The Big twelve pro day, my buddy in Waco, David Smoke, had Shiloh Sanders, Yeah, for an interview. Yes, he's pretty sharp. Now he's probably not going to get drafted.
Speaker 2: I don't think so it'll be because I.
Speaker 5: Really sixth seventh round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a safety.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I looked at him and and so they're talking with him. He's pretty funny and and and they were they were they asked him something about you know, have you ever run against your dad or you know, compare forty times and he goes, let me tell you about his forty times. He goes, all I heard all my life was that I wake up for breakfast with a four to two right right, And he goes, I can find anything. I can't find.
Speaker 4: Any video where forty right.
Speaker 5: He goes, why can't I find that?
Speaker 2: That's true? That's true, No one can find it. Pretty hilarious, right, which you would think that it would be out there somewhere.
Speaker 4: Someone's guess idio.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, Dion Sanders right.
Speaker 3: Now, only nineteen eighty mine, right, So then meanwhile, I just did a search on Shiloh Sanders forty time and it came right up prote He had a four five two and a four or five nights. Yeah, that's not.
Speaker 2: Bad for safety and with the safety recognition, right, is more important? Dion has important to speek.
Speaker 3: Dion promised him a new car if he ran in the four point four four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he didn't get he narrowly missed.
Speaker 5: So the other thing he said was he goes, yeah, he talks about this four to two forty and he goes, I was picking his brain for how he trained for his forty and he goes, I didn't need to train. I told you I'm four to two forty for breakfast, and he goes. And then I got somebody online that played with him at Florida State pointed out he also ran track. He goes, So he was training running track, right, yes.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, sometimes he got to watch what my dad says.
Speaker 4: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Those highlights are still pretty amazing watching that guy.
Speaker 5: By the way, when you mentioned the Saints and car with a potential shoulder injury that could cost him the season, they're quarterbacks right now. Spencer Rattler, Spencer Rattler, Jake Horner, Haynter, and Ben Denucci.
Speaker 3: Yea be Nucci.
Speaker 5: They signed him, So you.
Speaker 3: Know you got to know somebody that's well, let's connect the dots. He Denucci was here and Kellen Moore was here.
Speaker 2: So come on, I mean, I guess.
Speaker 5: All right, you got so that would help the Cowboys because if they took a quarterback, oh yeah, somebody back back to Shiloh.
Speaker 2: So so no draft possibility. I mean, I don't know you would think he could middle around. I mean, the guy was playing make playing some good ball. I didn't see him make a whole bunch of mistakes.
Speaker 3: All right, let me ask you this. Forget Shiloh. Okay, if Shador is there at twelve, does someone know? Does someone have pause in the draft room very shortly?
Speaker 2: No, you're gonna have to if his name comes up, you're gonna have to restrain somebody and take him in the back and make sure he doesn't understand that I should do what's waiting for you at twelve. You do not want that certain person in that room, even considering that they we're going back to a whole back not as bad as Johnny Manziel, but.
Speaker 3: Still, if you do is there at forty four? No, okay, should do it forty four? I'm just saying, is that forty four? It gave him pause? It gave ever some four which gets to the quarterbacks. Okay, if there is one that you love, If there's a quarterback that you love, how early would you if you're the Cowboys, how early would you take a quarterback that you love?
Speaker 2: Forty four?
Speaker 4: Fourth round?
Speaker 3: Come on, fourth round? They don't have a fourth round pack. That's what happened, So fourth round you would be packaging your fifth round picks. Move up into the fourth round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's not going to be there.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just saying, but just in general, any if there's a quarterback and when you look, get it from the Cowboys perspective. Okay, and this applies to Joe Milton here too. Okay that Okay, you've got a quarterback in Dak Prescott who's starting a four year contract at age thirty one, close to thirty one. Now, okay, all right, so at the end of this contract he's thirty four to thirty five. You want to be in a position whenever it's Dak is done that you've got one that you've developed in your system, you know, and in the meantime, and you look at back at the track record of Dak. He has missed games over the last few years. And so at the same time, you're addressing that, if there's one you really love, you know, so I don't I would not criticize if the Cowboys had someone they really like at forty four or seventy, second or third round, go for it. Now, Ideally you trade down and pick up an extra top one hundred pick. So now you've got an extra pick to play with in order to take a quarterback. Fourth on that, I'm saying, get a if you traded down in the first round and picked up a third whatever, now you and now you've got the freedom to take It's I don't consider it a luxury pick, but some would call it that to take the quarterback, but it's I mean, it's an important position on the team to have a backup quarter Now, this is be one that you say is not only your quarterback, developmental quarterback for the future, but he's also the guy who steps in if that got hurt the.
Speaker 2: First game season, you know that'd be a luxury.
Speaker 3: You think that's no luxury.
Speaker 4: That's you have to have that right.
Speaker 5: You know you can capture lightning in a bottle of second time, like drafting Dak in that fourth as your third.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 5: Dak's not in his career that saying, but I'm saying that, how many times do you get that lucky?
Speaker 3: Well, that's why you do your due diligence on these quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they love Dak so well, got him with their second.
Speaker 4: Fourth round pick.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes I think you gotta get well, I well, misfortunate for him a little bit, but luck for us that he fell down.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, and I did this. How much quarterback luck has this team had? Right? Starting with Don Meredith, they signed what it was a personal service contract. But the NFL going, well, wait a minute, we got to make this legitimate. You're gonna have to trade a draft pick. The Bears are going to take Don Meredith and trade them to you for a future third round pick.
Speaker 4: That's how they got Meridith.
Speaker 2: Don Mayorth is so cowboy I couldn't see him in Chicago.
Speaker 4: No, no, it was pre arranged.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, How lucky did you get with Roger Staubach, right, hadn't played for what four years? Five years, had to do his military. You took him in the twelfth round, and he turned in tenth round tenth sorry, and turns into a Hall of Famer Danny White.
Speaker 2: Nicky, you could say about a whole bunch of cowboy players, but not Yeah.
Speaker 5: But not other teams. Not other teams though, to be the fortunate at the quarterback position. Right, you draft Danny White thinking well, the WFL is gonna fold, and it folds. He gets here in seventy six and Longley does his deal, and all of a sudden, Danny who was going to be the third quarterback is now the backup quarterback. And then Roger retires and it's like, oh, I've got a quarterback that was pretty darn good in college.
Speaker 2: They once again in those bags. The cowboy lower though, is full.
Speaker 5: Of that they needed a quarterback in eighty nine and oh, Troy Aikman's the first picking. Oh, we got the first pick in the draft because that other team went three and thirteen.
Speaker 3: And then in the supplemental draft they take Steve Walsh with what would have been the first pick of the draft in they but Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the reason you mentioned Steve he did it. Yeah, that's the only reason you've mentioned Steve wats is because what came afterwards. Yeah, it wasn't the quarterback position itself at that time, but.
Speaker 5: Then they traded him for first, then a couple of second and a third.
Speaker 3: So the first round pick was that a Vikings pick they got met with No wait, because they used their first round pick. It was them, it was trade. Okay, Yeah, I need.
Speaker 2: To look up that draft.
Speaker 3: And if they had to pick Steve Walsh, then what go ahead?
Speaker 5: Well, the first quarter the first running back taken was Blair Thomas right.
Speaker 4: He was the second pick, the second pick in the draft.
Speaker 5: George was which is, by the way, no no, no George quarterback George Jeff George, Jeff George, which they wouldn't have taken. So I think they would have. I think they would.
Speaker 3: In Miami guy there, Definitely they would have taken Cortez Kennedy. Then likely Russell Carrol.
Speaker 2: I do recall I remember the Courtez Kennedy.
Speaker 5: Angle, and then you wouldn't have taken Russell Maryland the next year.
Speaker 3: Another guy that could have been in the mix of Junior Seal was in that draft, but their history with Cortez Kennedy probably would have meant that they would have taken Cortez Kennedy.
Speaker 5: And remember in that draft, they were sitting there at twenty one and they decided they needed.
Speaker 4: A running back.
Speaker 5: Well, the teams ahead of them all needed a running back. They needed to jump ahead, and they made the trade with Pittsburgh to go to seventeen. They took Emmett Smith, and I think the next three draft choices were running backs.
Speaker 4: Green Bay had two.
Speaker 3: They took Emmett at seventeen, and there was a linebacker, Tony Bennett that went right next, and then it was Darryl Thompson went to Green Bay at nineteen, Steve Bruchard running back to Atlanta at twenty giant, and then Rodney Hampton went twenty four to the Giants.
Speaker 5: I asked, I asked Jimmy once, what would you have done if you didn't make that trade? Who would you have taken it twenty one? And he said Rodney Hampton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense. That would hell of as trade.
Speaker 5: And then to go on, how fortunate were they with Tony Romo ends up being a franchise quarterback as an undrafted.
Speaker 3: All right, then, Dak, it's funny that you mentioned Blair Thomas because one of the reasons I started really studying the draft and starting this big green notebook about fifteen or sixteen years ago. I look back at Blair Thomas versus EMMITTT. Smith in that draft, and remember, just a couple of years later, Blair Thomas came to the Cowboys. He was a late season pickup because of an injury issue back up running back. And remember what Blair Thomas' personality was like when he arrived here. He was a and there's no knock on Blair Thomas. It was just he did he lacked confidence? Yes, yes, it was striking the difference in Emmett Smith and Blair Thomas just and their personalities and their confidence level and charisma and so forth.
Speaker 2: Do you think it had anything to do with the injury?
Speaker 3: And I don't know, And that he was and that he was considered a draft bust whatever maybe so so maybe he had a more different person if he was like that in college.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I didn't, I didn't have any Yeah, but I was like, so.
Speaker 3: How would a team make the decision if you've got EMMITTT. Smith or Blair Thomas in the room, just based on if you're interviewing someone for a job or whatever. You know, the way this guy over here has so much confidence about him that the day he's drafted by the Cowboys, he walks into Valley Ranch wearing a polka dot shortness sleep for other So yeah, and I'm like, you know what, there's a there's more that goes into.
Speaker 2: Drafting the personality. I'd call that bad fashion.
Speaker 5: And there was no other running back taken between Blair Thomas and EMMITTT.
Speaker 3: Smith. But that there's back on the figuring out who to draft, right there's more that goes into it than just what you see on tape there and whatever their stats are, and a lot of it is their command and their charisma and and their what's between the years, see how smart they are.
Speaker 5: He had the nerve, speaking of that, to hold out until the Tuesday before the season opener.
Speaker 2: M Well, he must have come out of college with some good numbers. He must have had some really.
Speaker 5: Good did everybody who's worried about his size, I don't know. If he was five ten, I don't know. I don't think he was fine running back. And they worried about his speed, right, And it's like when I and then I watched him play for two years and it's like, is anybody catching him from behind?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: He knew how to run, sounds like And everybody said, well, he had such a good line. Uh at at at Florida and oh, by the way, I said, oh, can you can you have a good line in high school? And then Florida and then the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And oh, by the way, Emmett just ran for eighty eight hundred and four yards, the second most yardage in the history of American high school football at the time. Growing up in Florida, and then like the national high school Player of the Year, and then at Florida. Let me find his numbers.
Speaker 2: And I remember at Florida it was so humid every game he played in and his he just he looked like Huod was all over him all the time. Grass stains in mud jersey. If I'm not mistaken, I know I saw his jersey torn a couple of times. He was just one of those guys, man that give it to again, give it to it again. I'm thinking to myself, can't stop this young.
Speaker 3: We only held fifty eight Florida school records at the conclusion of his college career, nearly four thousand yards rushing three years.
Speaker 2: Right, he came out early, that's all. I was just toting that rock, toting that rock, toting that rock. And it wasn't always pretty, matter of fact, most of the time it was ugly.
Speaker 3: In fact, in the era of running backs, from herschel Walker to Bo Jackson, I mean Emmett Smith, even though he may not have had the combine numbers that a herschel Walker or a bo Jackson would have. As far as his accomplishments, I mean second to none.
Speaker 5: And speaking of the Cowboys being lucky, Jimmy wanted James Franz right the linebacker Baylor. They tried to trade to the Raiders to get ahead of Cincinnati, and the asking price francis asking price was too high, so they were like, no, we need players. So the next pick after they couldn't make the trade, Cincinnati takes James Francis. The Cowboys had already had an arrangement with the next pick, which was Kansas City, that if James Francis was there, they were going to make a trade to get them at I want to say thirteen. Well, Cincinnati takes them at twelve. And Jimmy called Cincinnati and tried to make a trade for James Francis and Cincinnati goes, nah, we're good, We're good. And so now they would have to wait till twenty one. And Walt Yuworski and John Wooton basically told them, if you don't get ahead of Green Bay, the running backs are going to go off the board. Pittsburgh wanted a tight end. Was it green Okay, let's go with it, and anyway, and they convinced him that everybody's going to take a running back when you get to twenty one, you'll get your tight end. So they made the trade, got Emmett, and Pittsburgh got their tight end.
Speaker 2: We almost had two Francis's on the team at once.
Speaker 3: Ron Francis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he would have been yeah, because he was already here. They got him in eighty seven, wasn't it. Oh maybe eighty eight in the second round?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of going back to Emmett and well, all that he accomplished, here's the other thing, like Derrick Henry. Okay, how is Derrick Henry the forty fifth pick in the draft in twenty sixteen, second round, forty fifth pick in the draft. When you consider what a physical specimen he is and his his production going back to high school in Florida and college at Alabama, I mean, it was just through that what made you Because because Emmett had the national national high school record for yards game, well, Derrick Henry broke it.
Speaker 2: I mean he had to.
Speaker 3: He broke He broke herschel Walker single season college rushing record in the SEC. He's at the national high school football record for career rushing yards. But here is just another example of sometimes they do too much thinking. Okay, this guy has been just top from from youth league to high school to college. What makes you think he's not gonna be able to do it in the NFL too?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 3: By the way, Derreck Henry, first time he done to basketball? How old do you think he was?
Speaker 2: Twelve? Yep?
Speaker 3: Sixth grade?
Speaker 2: You line?
Speaker 3: Sixth grade? He dunked a basketball?
Speaker 2: How about that? All right?
Speaker 4: Green was right?
Speaker 3: Eric Green, very good.
Speaker 2: Bill didn't care.
Speaker 4: He went with Green.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: We wrap up mixed shots and just a ball.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail gay party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 9: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning new game Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and Crypto once That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon.
Speaker 2: Just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 5: Slides for the first down.
Speaker 9: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 9: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. Want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tailgame party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x'es and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tools, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package. Today.
Speaker 6: Cowboys football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tail game. It's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes followed.
Speaker 2: By Monday mornings Swager Brisket and the Smoker.
Speaker 6: Miller Lite and the two America's team playing America's greatest sports.
Speaker 2: Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: To mix shots.
Speaker 2: Get excited for the most dazzling DCC experience yet. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders on Tour is coming to a theater near you. Witness live performances, enjoy on stage Q and A sessions, and even be a part of live audition. If you're in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Midland, or El Paso, Marcia. Calendar for dates and tickets, visit Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders dot com slash tour.
Speaker 3: All right, Mickey just circle something on his legal pad. It must be something very important.
Speaker 4: You were talking about.
Speaker 5: Sleeper quarterback? How about a sleeper cornerback? Okay, chavn Revel Junior East Carolina. So he was on his way, had a good two years ago season at East Carolina, kind of was starting to make a name for himself. And in the third game last year he tore his ACL. So now he's going to fall down. He couldn't do the combine, couldn't do his pro day. Guess who did his ACL repair? Bum Boom boom doctor Dan Cooper.
Speaker 2: Alright, alrighty, So that got a little inside information on this cornerback.
Speaker 5: Uh, there were some places I saw where he was ranked the fourth corner in the draft even though he played only three games last year six two one four. Had to go to juco get his grades, get his grades right, and uh.
Speaker 3: To Lewisburg College before transferring to East Carolina, Louisbourg. It's in lewis North Carolina, North Carolina.
Speaker 5: But get this, when he did his to get to get to East Carolina, he did East Carolina did a prospect camp. He was working in a warehouse for Amazon, and he and his dad drove overnight. When he finished the ship shift to East Carolina, he ran a four to four forty. He had eleven foot drop broad jump thirty nine vertical in his arms. This is post edgey, No, this is before he even got to East Carolina.
Speaker 3: So this is going back four years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he he did a His arms were I think it said thirty two and five eighths yes, inches. So somebody he may be a second round pick.
Speaker 4: But does this team need a cornerback?
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, he ready to play coming out the ACLA.
Speaker 5: He will be because he did it in the third game of the year, third game, so September.
Speaker 3: It will be twelve months by the time the March April May regular season opener, be about twelve months post surgery.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they'll know time, and they'll know because Coop did the surgery.
Speaker 4: So that caught my eye.
Speaker 3: When when you get your running back, then if you're going to take him in the second round, you're gonna get you're gonna take your running back in the first round or the third round.
Speaker 4: I can do either.
Speaker 2: Why can't you take the cornerback lower? Do you think it'll be there? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Fielm naked to the third It looks like he's listed as second or third round.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: It was just the name that caught my eye, and he was somebody that they were supposed to bring in.
Speaker 2: A visit.
Speaker 4: Chevron Revel Junior.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's pronounced even though it's spelled s h A v O n, it's savone, so I guess the h is silent sav oh, not chave. Okay, sube. Now, Dame Brugler and the Beast needed to say, how do you pronounce the last name? Is it revel or is it revel anyway, maybe it'll be something. We got that out a week from Friday.
Speaker 2: We'll find out.
Speaker 5: So you mentioned defensive end.
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 5: What about the guy from an M Stewart, Well, there's.
Speaker 3: A couple, but start is the one you're talking about. Here's the first round he's got the the guy also have Nick Skorton. They also have Shamar Turner, who is a tweiner between an end and a tackle. But Stewart has he tested unbelievably well, tremendous athleticism.
Speaker 4: Did I read that?
Speaker 5: He tested better than his performance.
Speaker 3: Was and his production has not been good. Although he did impact plays, it didn't result he didn't finish the plays with sacks because he only had one and a half sacks this year at A and M. In fact, all three years at A and M he has had one and a half sacks each year. It's for a total of four and a half sacks in his career. So the production has not matched a first round draft pick. But he is six five, two hundred and sixty seven pounds and ran a four five nine forty with a forty vertical and a ten eleven broad jump at the combine. It's a defensive end defensive end sixty five two hundred and sixty seven pounds Schamar Stewart out of Texas A and M.
Speaker 4: He's de marcus ware although well where two hundred?
Speaker 3: In fact, where was two hundred and fifty pounds? Stuart's too hundred. He weighed in at two sixty seven. He played at two eighty five at A and M, So he's uh so if you're looking for a base defensive end. He was used a lot inside as well at four I technique at A and M, which also affects his production. But he was a disruptor in there, and so there's a lot of teams doing a lot of homework on him. He's a guy that I mean, the traits, the explosion numbers, all of that says screams first round draft pick, but production doesn't. And so you have to dig in and figure out why was he like that? Another thing that sometimes can he left the Senior Bowl early, and so some teams will knock.
Speaker 2: Him on that. Why did he do that?
Speaker 3: He didn't he showed up and then he I think he may have left early in that he didn't even participate in the workouts, but I may be wrong on that.
Speaker 4: Well, but I thought listening to.
Speaker 5: Brian Schottenheimer talking about quarterbacks and their Pro days, and he said, I don't worry about the pro day workout.
Speaker 4: I got to for the quarterback. I got to watch film.
Speaker 5: I got to see what they did when they were playing, because I've seen, well, I watched quinn Ewers Pro Day.
Speaker 4: I've seen a couple on TV. And you know, and as.
Speaker 5: Schottenheimer said, when they were trying to decide.
Speaker 4: Who to take in.
Speaker 5: Two thousand and four, was that the Philip? And he was in with the Chargers at that time, and he said, after we drafted, I asked.
Speaker 4: Him, what was your pro day workout like?
Speaker 5: And Rivers goes, are you kidding me? He goes, I could have done that in my sleep. Everything's pre ordained. You know what you're doing on every pass that you throw. He goes, The pro day workouts doesn't mean anything. I got to see it on Philms.
Speaker 3: By the way, you mentioned Philip Rivers. My guy, Riley Leonard, the quarterback from Notre Dame, lives three miles from no Way Fair Hope, Alabama, the hometown of leon Lett. Right. And in fact, this shows the leadership qualities. Last summer after he transferred to Notre Dame from Duke. He brought all his receivers and running backs to Alabama and they trained with Philip Rivers.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, been a weekend at Philip Rivers Place. The connections. Uh huh. That's what I like in my quarterback too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some stack qualities there.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at this Sevelle. Yeah, he is tight coverage, tight coverage down the field, short routes, long routes, blitzes a lot. Really, he's good. Yes, he cornerback.
Speaker 5: So sometimes when guys don't have a bunch of interceptions, they're just not throwing over there.
Speaker 2: They're not throwing on him. They're trying to go deep on him. He is hip to hip with everybody that he's down. They quit thrown out, Yes they did.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm giving you a homework as sigmon.
Speaker 2: The last half of the season. Yeah, that strikes season.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm giving you a homework assignment. I'm going to give you some names and I'll text them to you after the show. But here's some names. You're Laurie looked at Revel.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: I want to get Will Johnson. Go ahead, Will Johnson from Michigan who is a first round prospect. Maxwell Harriston, a slot corner from Kentucky who ran a four to eight with a thirty nine and a half vertical.
Speaker 4: There's Revel on the screen right now.
Speaker 2: He can go man and he's tight coverage everywhere.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, and Trey Amos from Ole miss I wonder you and I want you to take and joh Day Barron from Texas. There's another first round prospect. Johnson and Baron are guys that Cowboys might consider at twelve. Harriston would be a second rounder, as would Amos. And I want to get your take next Monday on what you think about those guys.
Speaker 2: This guy can track the ball in the air. He can tracked the ball. Thank you.
Speaker 3: So you've got five cornerback okay, ever sen assignment for next Monday. There's five cornerbacks he's going to look at. He's already looking at one in Savon Revel from East Carolina, Will Johnson from Michigan, a first round prospect, jaw Dave Barron from Texas first round prospect and second round prospects Maxwell Harriston of Kentucky as well as Trey Amos from Ole miss I could give you one yea Thomas's brother too from Florida State, Osrea Thomas. Okay, he's another second rounder. Okay, so we're going to figure this out next Monday.
Speaker 5: And the reason we brought up cornerbacks because they have a need for cornerbacks. Yes, they do a big time need because we don't know about Trayvon Diggs health at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 2: And of course George and he needs he can track it down the field.
Speaker 5: He needs to be here Trayvon Dix. Yes, that just like that, that rehab needs to be going on here. Okay, I'm just saying, all right, because after Deron.
Speaker 3: Bland, he's going into his contract here.
Speaker 4: What do you got, I know you traded for career.
Speaker 3: My guy, Josh Butler's set off in a cl a late season A c l at.
Speaker 5: That, Caitlin Carson. Can he get his confidence back?
Speaker 2: There's your boy, man.
Speaker 5: Awesomewhere from the first year to the second.
Speaker 2: Year, the speed out of the Highway man.
Speaker 3: All right, we ran out of time. We're pastime here. Thank you Chris Well, thanks to our producer Supreme Chris.
Speaker 5: And boy he said all those guys we were talking about on video and even when we were talking about Shad Sanders. NFL Network put.
Speaker 3: Them on as well. Chador is visiting the Raiders today. I wonder what Tom Brady thinks about Shador Sanders. We'll have reports about that, all right. That does it for mixed shot saying we will shout at you again next Monday at eleven am.
Speaker 2: Before the Draft, Oh Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 5: Eight