Speaker 1: So I feel like, did we We hadn't.
Speaker 2: We hadn't gotten through Felicity's graduation.
Speaker 3: No, last time we had just you had just had Zoe's graduations.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then as.
Speaker 3: Of last night, Felicity as a high school graduate, we survived graduation.
Speaker 1: Oh how long was it?
Speaker 3: It was just over an hour.
Speaker 1: It was fantastic. The speeches were short.
Speaker 3: They just you know, whipped through those graduates. She probably like four hundred and fifty graduates in her class, and that's crazy. Yeah, there were eighty, there were eighty.
Speaker 2: And Zoe's oh my gosh, oh no, excuse me, one hundred and twenty. There were one hundred and twenty and Zoe's And it took far long.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, oh no, ours was like an hour hour fifteen mates.
Speaker 1: The short speeches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bless, bless, it was so great. So yeah, I mean, she looked great. She looks so grown up out there. I was just like, I don't know, I don't think it's fully hit me yet, but yeah, I screamed for her like a crazy person, and uh oh yeah, and I didn't even get it. I didn't get emotional, and I thought, oh I'm good, I am like I'm i got through the processional, just find the pomper circumstance. I'm like, okay, I'm good, I'm good. And then they brought up one of the classmates who had passed away last year.
Speaker 1: The same for Zoe's class.
Speaker 3: And this is this was a little boy who Felicity. She was in fourth grade, in his fourth grade class when he was diagnosed with brain cancer. And then he passed away last year. But they reserved a seat for him and put his letterman's jacket over it and brought his family up on stage. His name's aj and it was just beautiful. They gave him, gave the family the diploma, and everybody, everybody stood up, not just the graduates, but the whole stadium. And that's what I was, like, water works, It's not even for my kid. And that's when right when I started crying. It's so it's just such a wonderful way to honor him.
Speaker 1: The Zoe's school did that too.
Speaker 2: There was a girl who had a seizure disorder and uh had a seizure at her home and did not survive it. I believe it was ninth grade, tenth grade year or something like that. Anyway, she was she came right after Zoe in the alphabet, so they called out her name, you know, right after Zoe, and everyone was quiet, but they had the family had given everyone these little golden butterfly pins to wear, so all the graduates wore those, and you know, you could donate and anyway. It was Yeah, but it was again very very sad. It's heartbreaking, you know, it's but the family was there as well and supporting everybody, and you know that meant a lot.
Speaker 3: It's got to be so hard for the family, but also very healing and just yeah, to be recognized like that. I think that's important.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it's absolutely so sometimes celebrations for a lot of people are not for some of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point. That's a good point. There's a it's a whole mixed bag of emotions. Yeah, and that's that's true. But we had a great night. I was very proud of myself for not over overfunctioning or over it's like trying to like micromanage everything. I'm in my boundaries era and so this this is great.
Speaker 2: I didn't really either. I'm so proud of it. I was like, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like I need to stop trying to like micromanage or solve things for other people. So Felicity brings up yesterday morning at like ten am, She's like, do you think we should go to dinner tonight after the ceremony? And I'm thinking, girl, like everybody's been planning. Yeah, yeah, but instead of a lecture whatever, I just said, sure, go ahead and plan it.
Speaker 2: So so she's let me know how that goes.
Speaker 1: For a party of you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Five or six, ten, ten of us, right or eleven of ours sel Yeah, So I let her experience how like, oh, a lot of a lot of places don't take same day reservations. You just got to walk in and wait all of that stuff. And so we ended up at Olive Garden, which she loves, at two separate tables across the restaurant from each other. But that's okay, she plan and you know what, that's that's how.
Speaker 1: You learn the things that they learn exactly, these are the things that you learned.
Speaker 3: I resisted the urge to like solve all of it, call in favors, host the whole family at my house for all no problem.
Speaker 1: Same Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, say, I'm not like, you know what, not going to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to do it. It wasn't Zoe didn't want a big party thing. What I was like, great, yeh she it was late, so she didn't want to do a dinner. Actually, oh, I said her and b went out and got like in an little sister moments.
Speaker 3: Such a great idea.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was. I was.
Speaker 2: I think, I'm we're moving toward an era of being like, not my problem.
Speaker 3: Not my problem. Yeah, it's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 1: But plus breadsticks healed everything. That's true.
Speaker 3: The bread sticks. We were so hungry, Like it was after eight pm, so we were like starving, right right, bread sticks so hungry. They do solve a lot.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I know, it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 3: I didn't stress about park. I'm just like, I'm just gonna park wherever at Park and it was, I mean, there was it was a long walk and everything, but I was just I'm like, I'm gonna roll with the I had to plan to roll with the punches and I did. There you go, there you go, very proud, very proud of me.
Speaker 1: So that's great.
Speaker 3: She's got grad night tonight at Disneyland, which Okay, I didn't know they did that anymore, but yeah, I guess they're.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the universal Oh they do a universal Oh that's cool. I think yeah, yeah, although I don't think so wound up going. She was like, I didn't really want it. She didn't really want to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's okay. It's a long nights.
Speaker 2: Like fine, I think they're Yeah, I think they're closing down California Adventure for And it's not just Fall City School.
Speaker 1: It's a bunch of county different schools. They do a big night there.
Speaker 3: And yeah, so I'm excited for her. But yeah, this thing, this thing goes till three am. The kids are not allowed to leave the park, which I appreciate really bust there and bust home. But then Philissey's got to drive from the high school back home at like four am, so I'm a little nervous about that. I'm debating waking up at four to drive her home.
Speaker 1: Which I didn't do that with Tate.
Speaker 3: Tato was just like, whatever, get yourself home with her. I'm a little more protective, but I think I'm just going to I'm not awake at four am.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll be That's what I'm saying I'm not awaken. I think she am. She she is a high school graduate.
Speaker 3: I know she can do it. She can, but she's going to be tired. It's late at night and then well.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. It's the tired that. Yeah, that's the type.
Speaker 3: But I will I will not think about it. I'm going to plan to not stress about that as well. Yes, check that one off. Not stressing.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: What else has happened since I talked to you? We talked two days ago. No, nothing else, just do it's been all.
Speaker 1: Like what what's uh? What's what's been happening right here? Yeah? My graduation. I ate all the cupcakes. Oh yeah, the cupcakes, Yeah, all of.
Speaker 2: Them, just well maybe nine of the twelve they were gone Zoe. Zoe had won the first night and then they were just sitting there, and then she was at friends and she was gone.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, they're just gonna sit here. You don't want to go to waste. That would be that would be waste.
Speaker 2: No now right, no, that would be wasteful and uh and we're not wasteful around here.
Speaker 3: I forgot cupcakes. I didn't get her any cupcakes. I was supposed to get her cup her. We're throwing her a party like a in a couple of weeks, so it's a joint. Her dad and I are throwing her a party, So why should I get cupcakes for that? I don't know. See now I'm spinning. Now, my brain is spinny, and I'm like, I booked the taco guy. Yes, they tell you Little got she got a little. I don't know if I've updated you on a little she Well she.
Speaker 1: Because little has a little injury.
Speaker 3: Little has just a little injury. She's over it now. But it was a couple of weeks ago. We were rough playing, which I always complained to Michael. I'm like, don't play too rough with her. So what do I do. I get on the floor, I play with her and she ends up yelping and like limphing on her back leg like favoring her playing the dog.
Speaker 1: So I was like, turn it.
Speaker 3: So we toured the vet. It's just a luck. She's a luxating patella, which I guess is common with little dog, and so she just inflamed it. She was on an anti anti inflammatory for a couple of weeks, but we also weighed her for the first time. Since we got her six months ago, girlfriend has doubled in weight. So she went from ten pounds to twenty.
Speaker 1: Pounds and six months. Wow.
Speaker 3: She was underweight when we got her because she was a straight dog. She's making up for long, so she was she was very happy to be eating regular meals and getting spoiled with treats. So we have to like we're on like a diet plan. Now, we're just we've we've decided it's treats. We're giving her too many treats at night because girlfriend bead pine treats. So we're like, okay, no more like collagen sticks or bones or whatever. And we give her we're giving her frozen green beans and she loves them because we give her like five green beans and she's like, this is fun. So she goes to her bowl, she grabs a green beans. She runs across the room and like hides it and then eats it and then runs back to her bowl grabs it.
Speaker 1: She loves some. She sonnny though she probably would turn her nose up at it. She very picking, very picking.
Speaker 2: Really, Oh no, oh, she there will be times when it's like a treat that she that you've been giving her for a while.
Speaker 1: And all of a sudden she just decides she doesn't like it.
Speaker 2: Oh, she just like sniffs it and then spits it out, and you're like, well, or you'll find it just laying on the floor usually when you step on it.
Speaker 1: He's judging, she's judging. She's just I don't even want that, Yeah, just leave it there.
Speaker 2: And she loves her food, so when she's not wanting something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I love it. I gotta be picky about those treats, you know, I feel like.
Speaker 1: Eating nine cupcakes. Picky about that, you know, very picky.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you arrange myself. I've had to rearrange my the way I'm sitting in my chair because the dog literally pulled up behind my chair to where I'm surprised I didn't roll over her foot like it was right up against the thing. So I'm now having to switch. So if I'm look like I'm fiddling around, that's that's okay.
Speaker 3: I'm getting a slightly different view of your office. She doesn't want the couch right there. She usually jumps on the couch.
Speaker 1: She usually jumps on the couch.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe she and she that might be because it's warm out, so it's probably like the cool.
Speaker 1: She's laying on the cool.
Speaker 3: That's what she wants. Yeah, she's got a lot of you know what.
Speaker 1: Everyone is thrilled by this conversation.
Speaker 2: Uh, and I'm thrilled to start season seven.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you. Oh yeah, that's right, we're starting seven. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it took seven seasons to figure it out.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to you, how rude tannertos. I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jody Sweeten, and we've reached season seven. Wow, we are discussing today Season seven, episode one unbelievable. This episode is titled it was a Dark and Stormy Night, which I didn't I don't remember. We opened with the Camp Lakota episode. I was like, that was that was? I knew it was season seven, like right around there, but I didn't know it was our opener.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, Old Cropsy.
Speaker 3: Old Cropsy. It originally aired September fourteenth, nineteen ninety three, so we're still in ninety three. And it goes a little something like this, DJ, Stephanie and Michelle come home from summer camp. Michelle brings home a rabbit. She was supposed to let go, but as Danny says, she should let it go. DJ Steph and Michelle go back to camp with Steve to let the rabbit go. When they get there, they find the bunny is gone, Steve's car is stuck in the mud, and there's a surprise visitor. All right. It was directed by John Tracy. We're in our John Tracy era.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It was written by Dennis Rinstler and Mark Warren, and we have some wonderful guest stars. Sarah Moonves returns this time as Terry.
Speaker 2: Not at all because her dad was running the studio.
Speaker 1: Definitely not because of that at all. Right.
Speaker 3: We last saw her in season six. The plays the thing she was in the America and she'll return again in season six. So she's basically she gets a credit. This this is fantastic. She gets a line, she gets credit.
Speaker 1: We were really kurry in favor in season six.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Jereny Smallette returns as Denise. Uh and then we have Miko Yamabe playing Danielle. She has a shortlist of credits. She was a singer on Beverly Hills nine, O two and zero. She was in the TV movie Hollywood Fiction uh And now She's a notary public in Santa Clarita. So if you have any notary public needs, go see Miko uh Okay. So we start with the teaser. We're in the attic. Becky and Jesse walk up the stairs to the attic and Becky says, this is gonna be great. It's the boys first night in their new beds. This will be golden footage. Jesse holds a video camera and jokes, yeah, I can see it now. Nikki and Alex Carzopolis are the young and the tired. John's Harry.
Speaker 1: It would have been. They would have been parent influencers.
Speaker 2: They would have been like the ones that you like put their the fan, the whole family on on uh on, like TikTok or whatever.
Speaker 3: Jesse would have been all over that yet from family bloggers or whatever. Jesse announces lights camera cuteness. He looks confused and says, well, either they're gone or I left the lens cap on. Becky removes the lens cap and says both. They then hear the twins laughing and find Nicky and Alex hiding under Jesse and Becky's bed covers. Jesse exclaims two of the biggest bed bugs I ever saw, and the Twins shout hi daddy, Hi, big daddy. Jesse responds, don't big daddy me. Becky says, you're supposed to be in your own beds, and the twins shout back, no big bed, no big bed. Jesse says, hey, now, I'm not kidding, get out of there, and then a playful wrestling match ensues. Jesse calls out, beck cover me, I'm going in, and he goes under the covers, surprised they have still had the same bedspread as the previous season's like, why did they? Did they ever get a new bedspread?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's very it's very jarring. I don't know. It's very patterned.
Speaker 1: The leopard.
Speaker 3: It's like the leopard. It's got some other colors and patterns in there.
Speaker 1: Yes, and very nineties. It is very nineties.
Speaker 3: I'm just surprised. I mean, the girls room got to make over, but they.
Speaker 1: Well, Danny's girlfriend's mom didn't get all the way up to the yetic.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right, she didn't make her way.
Speaker 1: She didn't get that far. But yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh and then we cue the new opening credits, which, yeah, is great. Once again, the adults have the same credits because they didn't change as often as the kids changed. So we have Candice on an exercise bike. This was the summer she lost twenty pounds and the producers were like, hey, let's promote it and put you on an exercise bike, which I personally that weird, but that's the probably the worst thing you could have done.
Speaker 1: But nineties things now.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I hate this, I hate this, but okay, this is what it was. So Candace is on an exercise bike. Jody is answering the phone on her bed. He's such a guest, such a tween with a phone.
Speaker 2: Right back in the days when I used to talk on the phone.
Speaker 3: Mary Kate, I believe, is walking her bike through the front door. I am painting my toenails in a very colorful bedroom. Yes, Scott, a glimpse into the Gibbler bedroom.
Speaker 1: Get off.
Speaker 3: Hey yeah, oh, it's just this mysterious land that you have to wait till Fuller House to see it. Yes, Scott is throwing a football and Blake and Dylan are lounging on comet. Super cute, super super cute new titles. I always love those. So we start it is the final day at Camp Lakota. The campers are tidying up their cabin as Michelle says goodbye to her camp friends Danielle, Denise, and the others. Michelle tells Danielle, thanks for teaching me how to power spit, and Michelle tells Denise, I'm gonna miss you so much. Denise reminds her that she lives right down the block, and Michelle responds, I know, but now we can't scratch each other's mosquito bites. Then Steph walks in and asks Michelle if she has said goodbye to all of her Chickadee bunk mates. Michelle says not yet. There's still one more, and she pulls out a cage with a rabbit and says goodbye, Gilbert. I'd write to you every day, but you would just eat the paper. Stephanie says she's made a good few good friends herself this summer, showing off her free friendship bracelet collection David Billy, Sean Greg good thing. I played hard to get. Steph's like a little man.
Speaker 2: Collectors a little Yeah, it's just a little player, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: She keeps her options open.
Speaker 3: And the do you remember these friends. Do they still make these friendship bracelets with the thread like the threads that you oh yeah, yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: They don't really do them as much now. Now it's the beaded ones Taylor Swift made.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, that's.
Speaker 1: Like the Yeah, but they.
Speaker 2: Were I remember everything, and we were always making him on set consoplets.
Speaker 3: Always it was like trying to decide the three colors you wanted was paramount, Like that was so important to pick three colors and just braid them. And oh my gosh, I love I love those thread friendship bracelets.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: DJ comes in and announces lights out in five minutes. It's important to get plenty of sleep on the last night of camp. Denise asks, so we won't be tired tomorrow, and DJ replies, so us counselors can party tonight. Kimmy blows a whistle and yells speed it up. Your little torp sickles, and then she tells Stephanie better get back to your cabin. Blondie, isn't it past your bedtime too? Stephanie fires back, You know, Kimmy, you could use a little beauty rest yourself. About a year should bring you up to a year and all the campers laugh. Steve enters the chickenye bunk with his eyes covered, and he announces male counselor entering Chickadee bunk. DJ says hi, Steve, and they hug. And then another camper, Terry Sarah Moonvez, who is a good two feet taller than the other kids right, says DJ, your husband's here, and DJ responds he's not my husband. Michelle adds not yet.
Speaker 1: Michelle's a psychic.
Speaker 3: You just give it twenty five years and it'll happen. DJ and Steve kiss and the girls oohoo. The girls begged Steve to tell the story about that maniac guy. Steve warrens it's pretty scary and suggests they all go to the bathroom first, but the girls insist, so he begins. He turns off the light and shines a flashlight on his face. He tells the story and acts it out. It was a dark and stormy night. Old man crops He looked out on the window and saw a bulldozer bearing down on his cabin. Oh no. He ran down to stop it, but his foot got caught in a broken floorboard. The thunder was so loud that nobody could hear Cropsy scream that bulldozer buried him alive under a pile of rubble and mud. You know what they built right where Cropsy's cabin was, this camp. So now whenever it rains, out of the slimy sludge, it comes just looking for scared little campers, half man, half mud. And then Steve reaches for some mud conveniently placed on a bookshelf behind him, and he covers his face in mud and he screams the crops he made. The girls scream in terror. Steve turns the light back on and says, gee, I hope I didn't scare anybody. Michelle crawls out from under her bed and says, not me. I was just looking for a sock.
Speaker 2: Remember when those sorts of stories would absolutely terrify you. Oh yeah, you were like fifth sixth grade, and you'd sit around telling like ghostes and stuff and then go in the bathroom and try and summon some demon or something.
Speaker 1: I believe I believe all those stories.
Speaker 3: Like for sure. I was so gullible that I was just like, I'm like, these stories are true. They are so true. But it's kind of a rite of passage at camp.
Speaker 2: I guess light as a feather stiff is a board? Yeah, do you remember that light is a feather stiff as a board? Like the person would lay on the ground completely like stiff, and everyone would go around with like two fingers under them and you'd lift the person up and everyone would say like, light is a feather.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I do remember what the point of that was.
Speaker 3: But that feels very Ouigi like, almost Ouigi bardish.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't remember. Why why did we keep with it?
Speaker 3: I don't have no idea. I don't know either. It can't it's just it's just camp. One of those camp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just one of those. I guess. It was like to be like, look.
Speaker 2: How light they are, and you're like, well, there are like seven people gathered around all using both hands.
Speaker 1: With their fingers like surprisingly strong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was a cute, a cute setup. We got a I do love the Yeah, I do love the I remember the cropsy cropsy Maniac.
Speaker 1: Yes, I remember Dave called it the crapsy MANI.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that's right, of course he did.
Speaker 2: Dave was like, really this is too easy.
Speaker 3: Oh my Dave was the Yeah, that could easily be a name for him too. So next we're in the attic, we get a short montage set to tossing and turning. The twins are jumping all over their parents in bed all night. The montage ends with an exterior shot of the full house and we hear the twins giggling and Jesse says, have mercy. The next morning, in the kitchen, Joey remarks that Jesse looks tired and asks if he had a rough night. Jesse says, yeah, twins wouldn't sleep in their new beds. They had to sleep with us, ever, spend the whole night with a toe in your ear, and Joey replies, well, not someone else's. Joey's preparing a welcome home meal with all of the girl's favorites. Jesse says, I miss those girls so much. I must have read Michelle's postcard one hundred times, and then he takes the postcard off of the fridge and reads it, Dear family, I have to write this or I can't go to lunch, Love Michelle Peak kids. Right, yeah, I don't miss you. I'm just doing this because it's mandatory.
Speaker 1: Right yeah.
Speaker 2: Now you'd get a text like of just letters of abbreviation and a thumbs up, you know yep.
Speaker 3: Jesse says that Munchkin and the guys start teering up with emotion for whatever reason, so it's very sweet. It's sweet how much they miss the girls. In the living room, the girls arrive home, the whole family greets them with excitement. Becky asks the girls to tell them all about camp. They all speak at the same time. Then Michelle presents her gifts to Nikki and Alex. She made a lion for Nicky because that's his favorite animal, and a lion for Alex because that's all that they taught. That's all they were taught to make. The twins roar in appreciation, and Becky says that's lioness for thank you very much. Becky takes the twins to nap in their new beds. They again shout big bed and Jesse says, well, those new beds are a big hit. Did your kids ever not want to sleep in there in their big beds?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh that was a rough transition.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Zoe really like she really fought for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are like, they don't. It was my kids did not. They did well. Taste was better, but Felicias did not want to sleep alone like ever?
Speaker 2: She No, I spent a significant portion of time sleeping on the floor of various children's bedrooms. Yes, I mean, but my children's bedrooms. It would be weird, but def yeah, in different houses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have I have a vivid memory of when we got Tate his big boy bed. I have a picture of him holding his umbrella in the big boy I don't know why, but he thought that was a cute thing to hold his Anyways, was it open insides?
Speaker 1: I know, right, no, wonder he'd want to sleep in that. He cursed it.
Speaker 3: But the next morning, the first night he slept his big boy bed, the next morning.
Speaker 1: He didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't know he could like get out of it, so he just stayed in there and yelled for me, and wow, I was like, how long can I make this last? But he figured it out.
Speaker 1: Did your kids ever climb out of the crib? No?
Speaker 2: No family, so yeah, they never figured Oh well mine, they're not very tall these only like five two.
Speaker 1: But she figured it out. She like held on and worked away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, oh yeah, both of my kids climbing out of the crib.
Speaker 3: Little escape artists love it, yes.
Speaker 1: And thought it was holy yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think mine ever did.
Speaker 2: No, they that was and that was the thing is you were like, well, I guess we might as well put him in the big bed because if they.
Speaker 1: Can get out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Not keeping him in and it's probably more dangerous to have them scaling the thing every night.
Speaker 3: So so true, yep, so true. You got to make it safe at some point. But it's big milestone for the for the boys here. Yes, Danny welcomes the girls home, and Joey says he made all of the girl's favorites for lunch. The girls ask if that means chipped beef and bug juice. We love that stuff. What's chipped beef?
Speaker 1: Chipped beef? It's delicious, I think anyway.
Speaker 2: But it's it's you take a vece of bread toast it, and then basically you like slice I forget what kind of meat it is, but like I forget anyway, you like thin some sort of beef, Yeah, like sliced really thin on it, and then you put like gray.
Speaker 1: Over the top.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds good.
Speaker 1: That's also sometimes referred to as on a shingle.
Speaker 3: Oh really, the things you learn? Is this a camp delicatessen.
Speaker 1: Or is this just a camp delicatessen? Can't?
Speaker 3: Is this a camp delicacy?
Speaker 1: It could be. I mean they might serve it a delicate.
Speaker 3: Is, but it's not campat whenever.
Speaker 2: I mean camp like I uh, I think like it was a big thing after like going to war that was like in the mrs.
Speaker 3: You know, like a chip beef, chipped beef something. Yeah, all right, it sounds like comfortable, my dad.
Speaker 2: You still love them and you can buy them in the frozen section and make them or if you don't want to make them, like my hand. Really I believe Stover still sells them.
Speaker 1: They're good.
Speaker 3: I'm going to look for them in the market. Okay, yeah, no, I've never heard of this, but all right, the things you'll learn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like a very kind of greasy diary food sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see the way we have a note. Uh. The gravy is a slurry of flour and milk butter. If you're lucky, oh.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yeah, it's thick.
Speaker 3: It sounds very thick.
Speaker 1: It'll fill you up and salty.
Speaker 3: I love salty things. Yeah. So DJ says that Joey can't make the chipped beef or bug juice because it's camp food, and besides, no one can make it like greasy abe. Danny says, well, that's funny. I don't remember any greasy Abe on the brochure. Jesse remarks that they're all back together again and having fun, right, Munchkin, and Michelle asks Jesse not to call her munchkin anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, we've reached the age. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jesse asks why he's called her that for years, and Michelle says everyone at camp calls her trail mix. Well that's cute, Jesse mutters under his breath, if you're a raisin. Michelle asks what did you just say, and Jesse covers for himself. It's amazing how cute that name actually is. Stephanie excuses herself to write notes to David, Billy, Sean, and Greg, all of the boys who gave her friendship bracelets. Danny's surprised she's writing to so many boys, and DJ needs to call Steve. This is the longest we've been away from each other all summer, what like five minutes?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How long have they been apart since the car ride?
Speaker 1: I assumed since the since the bus trip home.
Speaker 3: Five minutes is an attorney.
Speaker 1: In this family, you're together all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the codependency is strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do remember that though, Like your first boyfriend, you're like, oh my god, i'll see you later, and it's like an hour later.
Speaker 3: I missed you so much. Right, So Danny wants to hang out and rebond. Michelle wants to unpack and see if her clothes still smell like camp j Michelle and Stephanie starts singing the Camp Lakota song We Love Camp Lakota, La Kota, La Kota. I love how simplistic these songs are.
Speaker 1: You know, you got.
Speaker 3: Dad Dad Dad Dad Dad. Jay love Camp Lakota Lakota La Lakota. Yeah, it's just it's such an earworm, and it's it's because it's simple, it's easy to memorize. And so I love the Camp Lakota song. But Danny feels hurt.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid and I came back from Camp Meadow Lark, I couldn't wait to be home. I kissed my parents, I kissed my bed, I kissed the floor. Joey points out Danny it was a day camp, and Danny responds, well, yeah, but it was a very long day. Up in the girl's room, the girls are unpacking when DJ enters to ask steph where her sandals are. Stephanie admits she knows where DJ's sandals are. They're at the bottom of a lake, and then they argue until miche Elle says, quiet, you're scaring Gilbert. Michelle reveals the rabbit she smuggled home in her gym bag. Michelle was supposed to set him free in the woods, but she insists that Gilbert did not want to go, and proves it with a very enthusiastic nose crinkling. Danny then comes in Yo Yo Yo laundry patrol and he discovers Gilbert the rabbit. Steve arrives and hugs DJ. Danny asks him, don't you want to see your parents? Steve says he's already seen them. They look pretty much the.
Speaker 1: Same, spoken like a true teenager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they don't change. The parents are always the same. Danny tells Michelle that she has to take Gilbert back to the forest where he can be with all of his forest friends. Steve offers to drive Gilbert back up to the camp. DJ, Stephanie, and Michelle all volunteer to go with him. Danny protests, they just got home, and the girls plead on Dad, it's just an hour away. So Danny reluctantly agrees. Stephanie thinks this is great. We were so bummed about leaving camp, but now we can go back. The kids exit while singing the Camp Lakota song, and Danny is really sad that the girls aren't excited to be home. Oh he's very sensitive, this Danny Tanner, you know, gets very feelings, hurt, very very easily.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate that in a man.
Speaker 1: You know. It's like, yeah he does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't act.
Speaker 2: It's it's hard for him. You've got three girls who are getting older.
Speaker 1: You don't. They don't. They're not as excited to see you anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all about the friends. It's all about the rabbits. It's not about yeah anymore. So it's natural back at Camp Lakota. It's pouring down rain at the camp. When they drive in and the cabins are completely empty, Dj enters and says, well, we're wet, but we're back. Wow, it looks so different in here. Michelle agrees, you're right. The camp magic seems to be gone. Stephanie says, well, that's because we're not here right now. Michelle adds, it feels like we're here, and Stephanie, frustrated, says, fine, we're here. Let's dump the bunny and leave.
Speaker 1: STEP's on it like.
Speaker 3: Stuff's like, let's be organized, let's right right out of here, right I'm.
Speaker 2: Well, Stepf's like, I'm gonna go wander about in the in the woods, in the camp and stuff.
Speaker 3: She's looking for Greg and Brent and all of that. She's looking for all her boyfriends. When Michelle tries to let Gilbert go, they discover that he has chewed his way out of the box. Steve enters the cabin and the girls tell him the rabbit escaped, but that's not their biggest problem. Steve's car is stuck in a huge, slimy mud puddle. Michelle is more, Oh, no, he's out there. DJ's confused. Who's out there?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 3: Michelle says, cropsy maniac? Remember DJA insists that was just a story. But the thunder and lightning scare the group over In Nicki and Alex's room, Mom and Dad are laying in the laying with the boys in their racecore beds to get them to sleep relatable.
Speaker 2: I spent many night in a princess bed. He's like, he's still plastic of it.
Speaker 3: I remember just trying to will my kids to sleep, and then I would end up falling asleep.
Speaker 1: Because it's so tired. Yeah, I'd be like, well, I'm asleep, they're not.
Speaker 3: So they begin a round of good night, Mommy, good night, Daddy, good night, Alex, good night Nikki, and Jesse encourages them. Here we go, We're going to sleep in our new beds. The boys are not having it. They say bad bed, yucky bed, but Jesse says not yucky, nice bed, comfy bed, expensive bed. Becky is discouraged and think that they'll have to sleep with them in their race cars forever.
Speaker 1: It does feel like that at some point it does.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, I will never.
Speaker 1: I will never. We're going to get through this yet.
Speaker 3: And both parents on cue fall asleep. The boys kiss their mom and dad, turn off the lights, and escape to tuck themselves into Becky and Jesse's bed, and they give each other a toddler hug, which is so contrived but so cute at the same time. Meanwhile, at Camp Lakota.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, back at the Meanwhile, the.
Speaker 3: Heavy thunderstorm has trapped them at the camp. The girls become frightened. Still obsessing over the cropsy maniac. Steph insists that the maniac story is just something counselors tell the kids to get them to go to sleep so they can go make out like stuff. Is wise.
Speaker 1: Michelle's actually right, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, Just then a loud sound comes from outside. Michelle and Stephanie hug each other tightly and hope that the sound is coming from DJ, who has been outside trying to help Steve get his car out. When DJ does enter, Stephanie is relieved. Poor little Michelle thought you were the cropsy maniac, but clearly Steph is also scared. Thunder and lightning continue and the power goes out with a sizzle. Steph's hat it, that's it? Where's my coat?
Speaker 1: Taxi? Jack blade?
Speaker 3: Steve then scares the three girls when he comes out of nowhere. All of the phone lines are down due to the storm, and not a cell phone.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, no cell phones?
Speaker 3: Uh. DJ asks what was that? Steve says, Oh, that was probably just the wind. Stephanie responds, just the wind, just the wind. It's never just the wind, perfect delivery.
Speaker 2: Steph will yeah, she will unravel quickly when she starts to yeah, she's so dramatic.
Speaker 3: I love it. The girls prepare for Cropsy to come through the door by arming themselves with a broom. Steve tries to calm them by reminding them he was on the wrestling team for two years. He freaks out a little, though, wondering if three years would have been better. The door to the cabin opens and a tall, mud covered something is in the doorway. Everyone screams and Steve begins to wrestle whoever it is to the ground. Someone else comes in the doorway and the girls try to attack him with the broom. The male figure speaks, girls, girls, it's me. It's dad, and the girls are relieved, and then Stephanie announces that Steve has captured the cropsy maniac. Danny reveals that the Cropsy Maniac is actually a mud covered Joey. Danny rescues Joey from Steve's grip, but not before Joey loses consciousness.
Speaker 1: Boy, poor Dave really put him to sleep.
Speaker 3: The girls ask what Danny is doing there. He reveals that he found Gilbert the rabbit at home and brought him to the camp lights.
Speaker 1: So they didn't even get in the car with the rabbit.
Speaker 3: No, they thought he was in the box. But I guess he chewed his way out in between the bedroom and the trip to the car.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's true, right, yeah, I thought he was just in the living room. It was like, how did he do that? Okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But Danny's a good man for driving that rabbit.
Speaker 1: In the storm with no phone.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, Oh, the lights go on. The rain subsides, and Michelle wonders why they even came back to Camp Lakota.
Speaker 2: It's like the end of the Tiki Room, the end of the Tiki Room, the Tiki Room at Disneyland, when the rain stops and the lights come back up and the storm's over.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, it's the end. It's the end. Signs exactly.
Speaker 1: Imagine that everything's over.
Speaker 3: Everything's fine. So Danny offers up his theory that they were thinking this was a place that you loved, but when they came back, they realized it wasn't the same. He suggests that it's like when you go to the movie theater and the film is over. The magic is gone, and all that's left is a big room with a sticky floor. Stephanie admits that summer is really over now, and Michelle takes Gilbert to the forest to go home. The girls reluctantly also go home. Oh that's a good lesson. It's a good lesson though that. Yeah, the what makes the camp magical is the camp itself. Is people and the routines and the traditions and yeah yeah. Later that night, the families gathered in the living room. Danny serves the family s'mores straight out of the fireplace. Yeah, there you go, delicious.
Speaker 2: I do miss my little fire pit in the backyard. Given things, we yeah, don't have anything. Yeah, not necessary in this part of the world.
Speaker 3: Joey brings a tray of drinks and then he sits on the plate of freshly roasted spores. His butt is covered in s'mores, so Jesse adds whipped cream and he adds a cherry on top. The family's laughing and hollering, having a great time, genuine laughs all around. Y Oh, yeah, I wasn't in the scene, but I feel like I remember it, just like you guys.
Speaker 1: Could be stop laughing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because John and Bob and Dave were being absolutely ridiculous with.
Speaker 1: The running around with the thing on his butt.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like little boy potty humor. They just love it.
Speaker 1: It was absolutely and they thought it was the best thing ever.
Speaker 3: So, oh my god, you know, Dave love that sitting there having stuff on. But like, there's just so many there's so many jokes, so.
Speaker 1: Many jokes, jokes.
Speaker 3: Stephanie says that they had fun at camp, but we really missed you guys. Danny needs to hear that again. You mean it. You're really happy to be home. Dj is surprised to hear that Danny's feelings had been hurt with the girls talking so much about camp. The adults all insist they weren't hurt at all, but the girls apologize anyway and give a round of hugs and kisses. I'm impressed with these Tanner girls, Like they noticed that the adults were hurt. The adults denied it, and they apologized anyways anyway, Right, their good kids. Well done. Yeah, Jesse tells Michelle, it's nice to have you back. Trail Mix Uncle Jesse. Michelle replies, if it's Okay, could you call me munchkin again? Jesse replies, I love you, Munchkin. Comet begins to enjoy the s'mores on Joey's pants and then runs after him up the stairs, and that is.
Speaker 1: Our show done.
Speaker 3: Dun It was a great season opener.
Speaker 1: I liked it. That was a great season opener.
Speaker 2: Verry, Uh like summer, end of summer, like you know, back to uh, back to sitcom life, back.
Speaker 1: To uh school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, back when there was a rhythm to things in life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it definitely set up the end of summer, the beginning of the season end and school and all of that. And it also explains like why you're so tan, why John's Harry is, why Davis is a little longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody comes back a little different, and it's funny because we forget that, like there's been you know, months of reruns and of the show not airing in between, so you come back and it's like a whole new you know, a whole new person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. Did you ever do summer camp? I know, we were, I mean we were always working every summer.
Speaker 1: I did like.
Speaker 2: Day camps a couple times at my at the school, that I went to when I went to a school in Anaheim, and it was a private school and they did like a summer day camp thing. I remember I did that and you had to had tickets, and I remember I was excited because I got to ride the bus and I never and I never rode the bus anywhere, so the summer camp, YEP.
Speaker 1: One of the things.
Speaker 2: I remember about riding the bus to summer camp is this kid.
Speaker 1: I don't remember his name, but he was that kid, you know what I mean, just the kid, the kid.
Speaker 2: On the bus that is every bus drivers and he sat in his seat and put both of his legs behind his hand and then the then the the bus driver hit the brick like had to stop, and this kid rolled right out of the seat onto the floor, and it was, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. To this day, I don't remember what we did at summer camp, but I remember.
Speaker 3: That guy that's hey, somethings stick out and maybe not for good reasons, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember that he just just toppled right out.
Speaker 3: I love it. I did. I did a couple Did you go to camp? Yeah, well, with the girl Scouts, we did a couple of I don't know if it was during the summer, but we did just short little weekend trips or whatever. Right, there's probably there's that camping site at Catalina over on like the little inner part of the island. And we did go to Yosemite and we hiked half Dome, which was terrifying for me but super super cool.
Speaker 1: You guys didn't go all the way up to the top, did you, Yes, everything holding the little things. Yes.
Speaker 3: I think now it's can you still do that? I feel like it's so dangerous you can't. It's just more crowded.
Speaker 2: There was people. Yeah, it's way more crowded. And wow, I'm surprised.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised too.
Speaker 3: I remember, like it's like you have.
Speaker 1: To just I didn't care. They were like, just hold on to this chain, You'll be fine.
Speaker 3: Hold on, there's people behind you. If you fall like that that they didn't care. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: We went up fun. At least you got to do some summer camping. Yeah, we got to do that. We would always.
Speaker 1: Come back to work in summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, usually the one.
Speaker 3: Speaking of like weird things that stick in your mind, So the one thing I remember, So we slept in sleeping bags in the cabin or whatever. We weren't actually intense. We were in a cabin. So my friend Jenny was on the couch in her sleeping bag and I was just below on the floor in my sleeping bag. And she woke up in the middle of the night and threw up I was going to sleeping bag and then dump dumped it on to my sleeping bag. And then she was my roommate in college, so we made up eventually. That's amazing, but it was just amazing. Yeah, all of these Oh I went to Yosemite. What do you remember, your friend?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually did go to another summer camp as a little bit older, with like a youth meditation.
Speaker 1: Group, and.
Speaker 2: We all went up there, and I remember I was one of the five people that snuck out it that night and then went and screwed around all night and then came back and they knew and they were like, we're waiting for you guys to like basically admit it, like it's going for our integrity, and we're like, darn its the integrity card right now, right, And you were like, all right, fine, I'll be honest. It was me, Yeah, blew our spot up. But anyway, Yeah, that was the other time I remember camp, the kid rolling out of the bus and the time I got caught doing dumb things that camp. Imagine that imagine that we don't remember s'mores, we remember thinking out to the far out cabin and yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh my, well, I do have a fun fact. I don't have an everywhere look, but I have a fun fact. Cropsy is actually a real urban legend of a camp caretaker who gets horribly disfigured in a fire caused by the campers during a prey and Cropsy is the name of the camp caretaker in the nineteen eighty one movie The Burning he gets he gets disfigured in this fire and then goes on a murder spree up and down the Hudson Valley River. Yeah, so wows Hudson Valley River, Hudson River Valley, Hudson River Valley. So yeah, no, this is I didn't I thought this was something full house made up.
Speaker 1: This is actually.
Speaker 3: This was a movie and also an urban legend.
Speaker 1: Cropsy. Cropsy is real.
Speaker 3: Cropsy is real. So I'm gonna leave you with that before you go to sleep tonight.
Speaker 2: People make sure, yeah, you leave your mud on a shelf so that you can imitate cropsy at any moment.
Speaker 3: Have your problems to place fresh mud on the shelf. Find you, Yes, always important, always important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have any everywhere you looks either other than than you know less Moonvesz's daughter being in it.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I just it's hey, if you're if you're the president of a network, when you're in charge, you get Yeah, you get your kid in it, all right, everybody?
Speaker 2: Well, uh, if you want to see more of the cropsy maniac no, I don't think there is. You could go look it up on Wikipedia. Wat you want to see more of that. But if you want to see more of me and ab, you can follow us on Instagram at how red podcast or send us an email at how Rude Tannerito's at gmail dot com. Make sure to like and subscribe to the podcast all that fun stuff.
Speaker 1: That way you can get the new episodes as soon as they come out.
Speaker 2: And everybody, we will see you next time.
Speaker 1: So remember the world is small. The house is full of cropsy manias, terrifying. Yeah, and Danny's freaking out because there's mud everybred.
Speaker 3: Danny's walking through with his mom, just losing his mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah bye bye