Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shakey. I am Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes. We end up building. We end up building. We're doing what to do. And by the way, if you're not a subscriber to our YouTube, you should be.
Speaker 2: You want to know why, because Rob and I look good. I was looking at us in this little thing we looking at Yes, we look good.
Speaker 1: You know why we look good? Well, I mean we always you know, okay, we're we always look good. But you know why we look good? Extra good? I think we have like you have a tan, I have a slight tan. Okay, eve Ben outside, I just went okay, So I went to Arizona and it's yeah. I laid out at the pool for like three hours. It got a little bit of a tan. So I ended I've been walking out. So I think that just I think maybe.
Speaker 2: Listen, we we we some sun tan. Bobby's we need hands helps us.
Speaker 1: So you were in what part of Arizona, Scott Steel? Yeah, so so we were.
Speaker 2: Did you tell me I would have told you this place to go?
Speaker 1: Well, we were there here basketball, No, I didn't have time. So and this is actually like part of my shady moment. Okay, okay, we'll give it to me now. So my shady moment is not about Scott Steele. It's more so about people who leave reviews and the whole reviews what for restaurants, just in general anything, okay, whatever, okay, So, and I mean this is so Scott Steel is just like part of this. So and all right, So I have two things to say about that. People who leave reviews are either miserable what or like just liars what? Okay? Because number one, so I'm going to Scottsdale for basketball. Yeah, and the games are in Mesa, which is like thirty minutes from Scottsdale. Okay, but there's like no nice hotels in Mesa. So we were like, okay, like where can we we Like we're flying out here all the way to Arizona. Yeah, watch our sons like three basketball games, Like okay, let's at least get a decent hotel that we can enjoy or whatever. So Scottsdale's a nice area. So I'm looking on these reviews of these hotels, right, so many reviews, so many hotels, and then just one hotel. It's like popping out of me, and it's it looks beautiful. Yeah, it's like pretty new, brand new. The property is nice, the location is nice, it's beautiful. But the reviews had like a three point eight what's rated Caesar's Republic Okay, now, okay, And I didn't want to. I know, Scottsdale has like a lot of like resort spot like I didn't. I wasn't looking for that because we weren't going to be there long enough to really like enjoy those amenities. Huh. I just wanted like a nice hotel we could just spend time in the head a pool, nice restaurants and nice location. Blah blah blah. So this hotel, like the rating was a three point eight, right, I would have not clicked to book that row exactly. But I'm looking at the pictures I'm reading, I'm just looking at the hotel. I'm looking at the website. I'm like, this place is really nice. Yeah, it's beautiful. Okay. So I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna like take a chance I'm gonna take a chance. And it was beautiful. It was Yes, the hotel was like perfect, it was so nice. Okay, it's smell that you walk in and you see with that beautiful smell. It's super fresh and modern. Like the decor is beautiful. The rooms are comfortable. The pools they have two pools, two out outdoor pools. They have, like the food is good Jiada from Chiata Laul Yeah, yeah, has a restaurant in there. Like so I'm just like people.
Speaker 2: Who okay, but you have to read those reviews that bring it down, like the bad reviews.
Speaker 1: Did you read those? Yes? And was it like these are frivolous exactly, yeah, so they're bringing their writing down to a three point eight or something stupid like okay, oh the valet parking costs too much or you know what I mean, or like so the and a lot of these, like the hotel was pretty new, so they were like working out some kinks. Oh it took twenty minutes to get a wash claw or you know what I mean, like, oh, they only left when I walked in the room. There was only two wash cloths. Oh, okay, that's free. You know what I'm saying it's like, yeah, oh stupid. So did you write a good review to offset the bad review? No, I didn't write I didn't write one. Okay, I guess I should. I guess I should. I should, I should say, don't listen to these miserable, miserable ass people who have nothing to do but complain about stupid shit, because this hotel is really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and people I think there's like people that travel and people that don't, and the people that don't when they do, their expectations are off right, yes, yes, So they get to complaining about like two wash claws and like you can just get another one one?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean it's the stupidest thing. So then on the flip side, Okay, so I don't know if you shop the Sephora sale. You know, Sephora has a sale like twice a year where you can get like everything for like fifteen to twenty percent off, right depending on your level. So I when the Sophora sale comes, I am just like on the site, I'm like looking for stuff to buy. I'm like I want to buy stuff right everything? Yes, Okay, So I was like, okay, I want a new fragrance, Like what do I you know, what do I want? Yeah. So I'm just going through and I'm reading the reviews of all these different fragrances, and it's one fragrance. Everybody was like, oh my god, it's so beautiful. Everywhere I go, I get a compliment and oh it's the It's so awesome, And I mean, are we're gonna say what it is? Sure? Okay, it's by the brand k Kali Kali k k A y a l I. Okay. It's like a real popular fragrance. And then the scent was like, I don't know, wedding something whatever. Anyway, that shit stinks shouldn't be absolutely like is it bunk or is it like it's just air freshener. It's like bugspread. I put it on like we were going to a basketball game. I put it on and we got in the car, and we were in the car for like an hour and a half. I was like I wanted to like jump out of the car because I felt like I stunk, Like no one did want and saynything. No, he didn't say anything, so maybe it's just like my nose just didn't like it. But I was like, who is leaving these reviews? Like, why are you Robin, I can't buy perfume blind? I know, blind, I know, I know. Yeah, So it's your fault, but it's not my fault. They should not have said it was amazing, like there was not one bad review on this okay, but it was sunglasses and perfume. You gotta you gotta try it on. I know, I know, but I just like, I just wanted to buy something stitch.
Speaker 2: You just gitching to go for your What does my dad say your money was burning a hole in the pocket?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay it was. It was when I was in Scottsdale.
Speaker 2: Getting back to Scottsdale, and and so who's shady here?
Speaker 1: The review review people leave review?
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all a shady and y'all are liars.
Speaker 1: They're lying, and they're miserable, miserable people.
Speaker 2: Okay, so shout out to so have we talked about mego in Scottsdale.
Speaker 1: I know you were there, but we didn't talk about Okay.
Speaker 2: So I stayed at the Phoenician, right, and which I've stayed up before. They have a huge spa facility and everything. That's what I wanted. But then I might have may or may not have had a date, and he was. He picked me up and he took me to this hotel called the Global Ambassador.
Speaker 1: Yes, actually that was someone told me to stay there and you should have.
Speaker 2: So we pull up and I'm like, it's like Ferrari, It's Incottsdale. It was like Rolls, Royce Bentley, Lambeau, Ferrari, Ferrari Bentley, like all out front.
Speaker 1: So I said, oh my god, what I didn't have it right? Where am I? So? I said the Phoenician, I'm leaving. Oh you switched through.
Speaker 2: Well I was getting ready too, okay, but then I was like, okay, let me not. But it's apparently where most of the athletes like baseball and what else is that?
Speaker 1: Basketball and football? Yeah, they're all because their spy is great.
Speaker 2: So I did make a whole spa day, so I like was there from like ten to like six in the evening, just.
Speaker 1: Like pull spa.
Speaker 2: Lunched the whole thing and it is beautiful and it's kind of small, so it's not overwhelming, because like sometimes these big resorts can be overwhelming to me, right, but next time you go, I go, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's what you're saying. Okay, Well, listen. When we were in Scottsdale, Arizona, Phoenix, whatever, Mesa one, every like every minute was like I love it out here. I want to move out here, really, let's move. Would you consider moving? Just why what did he love? I don't know. I guess, well, first of all, it's so it's just dirt, like there's no, that's not what he loved. Like that's the part I can't get past. It's like, ye, the fact that it's like it's like flat land. Yeah, it's dirt. It's no, there's like no green grass, there's no greenery. You know, the only greenery greenery you'll get is like cactuses, cacti and like palm trees pretty much. Yes, So for that reason, I don't really love it. But he just loved it. Was just like there was like everything that you ever like need, like all the just I don't know, he just really liked it. Okay, would you consider moving out there? I would. I would consider it.
Speaker 2: I wonder what the price of the cost of.
Speaker 1: I'm not quite sure. Like I liked it, I can't but see I can't say like when you're just there visiting for a weekend, it's like, Okay, fine, but like if you're living there and you and you need a social life, yeah, totally. You know you want to find your you know, where you fit in. Like that's a different story. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So well I saw myself being friends with everybody at the Global Ambassador.
Speaker 1: Oh, I could be all the people and the Lambos. We could be best friends. Yeah. Okay, So I'm here for it because I'll be visiting. Yeah. Yes, and I'll be staying right there. Okay.
Speaker 2: Let me give you my my shady moment, Robin, So you recommended a treat person for me, We'll give him a shout out because I like him.
Speaker 1: The SAME's Darren Johnson. Johnson my line sister's husband. Yes, and he went to Morehouse.
Speaker 2: Yes, so he informed me I was getting the like hook up like friends and family hook up.
Speaker 1: Went to more House. He was like, I was there with your husband, and you know that Sallin's sister's husband. Okay, and he's funny. He's a funny guy. He is.
Speaker 2: I didn't and I didn't know until like were like the last thing he said to me, He's like, all right, I'm going to go home and write my sermon.
Speaker 1: So he's a preacher. Oh, yeah, yea, okay, okay, yes, I'm like, oh okay, preach, preacher. So he looked at I have. I have a big tree in the back of my house that he looked at. He was like okay.
Speaker 2: And then we decided there was another tree that was dying, so we had to get that one too. So he was like, okay, this is the one day job.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: But it was kind of kind of crazy because they had to like cut the tree that was behind my house and pull it up over my roof of my house to get it out.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, okay, kind of crazy. That's scary, crazy, scary. Yes, So it required a crane. Yeah, okay. So the crane comes and they get to working. So towards the end of the towards midday. Towards the end of the day, I realized, ain't nothing gone, Like all of these trees are still here. So I said, there, what are we doing? And he was like they was. They had some issues with the crane operator. Okay, he didn't know what he was doing.
Speaker 2: Oh no, okay, so he was he got fired and was asked and not come back next day. So I said, Darren, you said this was going to be a one day job, and we on day two. So then he was like, I know, and we got to get this done because the crane at my house was five thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 1: Oh oh five, Oh my god? What to for five? Oh my god? A day? Hope?
Speaker 2: Long story short, we're on day three. Oh no, we're on day three. Oh no, And I'm like kind of livid. So but it really it wasn't Darren's fault. I just think the magnitude of what was happening and all these trees was just like, yeah, too much for anybody to handle. So I just want to say that crane should not cost five thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know why. So what Okay, So why did it extended three days?
Speaker 2: Because it was like two and a half because we had a clean up day, but still the thing was at my house for three days, so and you had to pay for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the shady part. That's the shady part.
Speaker 2: Well, we are still giving shout out to Derek because he did a great job, But I just want cranes to not be expensive.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, but I could imagine that they are very expensive.
Speaker 2: I think they're expensive because they're they're rare.
Speaker 1: Not that many people have them. Yes, they're rare. It's probably like just to even get them there to your property, you know, because they're they're huge, right, totally all of it? Yeah, all of it. Okay, Well that's my shady moment. Where should we start? I think in the metcala? Should we start there? Or should we start with Puffy's getting ready go on trial? I know? Okay, let's start. Let's start with the metal. Okay, let's start with the megal Okay, okay, so the mechow first. Like when I when the pictures first started coming in, I wasn't aware of the theme. Neither was I Okay, but I knew it was like black people inspired. Okay, that's what I'm gonna say. Ok But it was a it was a it was a whole what do you call it? Like a whole explanation? Yes? Yes, right, And so like I'm watching the pictures come in and I'm like, I'm like, okay, where are like the beautiful gowns and you know, the beating and the sequence and the you know, the super glam like where is that?
Speaker 2: Well, like some people didn't get the memo and they had that on right right, Yeah, Diana Ross.
Speaker 1: But by the way, Diana Ross killed it. Oh my god, she was the boss. Diana Ross.
Speaker 2: Look up her dress, y'all the boss. Okay, Yes, got married. It was white all that it was part.
Speaker 1: She had a long train that had the names of like all her kids and grandkids on it. Oh, I didn't know that. Yeah, she killed it. She was beautiful and amazing. But so I'm like watching the pictures going, I'm like I wasn't understanding. Neither was I first then, so then I had to kind of understand the theme. And once I did, I was like, Okay, now I can like, okay, what's the theme. Explain it to me. Well, it's like about look, I can't even explain it. So it's black dandy. Yeah, I don't know. Again, it's about tailoring. So it's more so like a listen.
Speaker 2: I just felt like everybody had on a suit, a suit slash dress.
Speaker 1: Right, So, so I'm gonna let's look up black dandyism, okay, right. So black dandyism is a cultural phenomenon and form of self expression within the African American community, characterized by a focus on impeccable grooming, sharp tailoring, and a deliberate embrace of style and elegance. It's a reclamation of dignity and self image, often often viewed as a form of resistance and a challenge to societal norms. So I believe it's like, you know, years ago, when we're doing when black people were oppressed and in slavery or yes, you back to day, you know, slavery times and yeah, pre civil rights area and all of that. There you you saw a lot of black men in particular dressed to the nines, and it was like a form of expression kind of as a I don't want to say a rebellion, but maybe a rebellion against the oppression. Like, you know, this is how we're going to express ourselves. And we, by culture have taken dressing very seriously, yes, and we're trend setters and we're you know, we always kind of are are setting trends and showing up and doing the most in the most beautiful way, you know. So I feel like that's what that was. So once I understood the theme, it's like, Okay, we're gonna expect tailoring and three piece suits and you know, or the you know, the accessories, everything to the night. I was like, Okay, now I can like judge it and know what I'm saying. Now I can appreciate it, and now I can tell you like, Okay, who I like? Who I don't like? Who hit? Who would you like? Okay? So my favorite was Jodie Turner Smith. Okay, I don't remember what she had on. She had on like this. It was a lot of burgundy. Yes, it was very dark. Yes, but a lot of people burdy. But she had a burgundy like kind of suit outfit which looked like it was like maybe crocodile. Okay, you know she had the hat and I loved it. I also loved Usher's wife, Jennifer. Yes, I don't know if you saw her. I did see her. I love white with the black. Yeah, I loved her. And actually I was like, you know, I feel like I could have wore my Season eight reunion outfit. What was that black with the like When I saw Usher's wife, I was like, oh, that reminded me of my Oh you was it? The pants? Yeah, the pants with the booth, the like skirt on the side and the top. I was like, oh, okay, I'm like it's giving. Yes, you know, my little Season eight she got it from you. She stole that from you. No, no, no, no, no, she did. She did. She absolutely, I'm telling everyone she did. She did. Yes, she did. Okay, but just the tailoring element. I was like, oh, okay, that's cute. Yeah. Who else did I love? Hold on?
Speaker 2: Okay, I loved while you're looking at yours up, I love. My favorite favorite was Zindeia. I just felt like hers is very simple, yeah, and like it was white. It was very simple, but I just felt like it wasn't so over. It was just simple and classy and beautiful.
Speaker 1: I liked her. She's on my list of people that I liked. However, you know, there was another woman there that had almost an identical outfit. Really yes, it was Asian. What did they do? They threw her in the trash can because no one saw her while her style of saw her. They he was on the red carpet being interviewed and he's in the middle. They're like asking him about the theme and what it all means to you. In the middle, he's like, oh my god, I'm dying this she has on Zendeya's look hilarious. Hilarious because because everybody knows Zindeiya. Yeah, yes he was, and he said, thank god we came here first. God we were first. But but I liked it. But it was simple. But I just feel like for the met I don't know, i'd like she would have been more. It doesn't I didn't have to be more. But I'm just like, I like to get props with people who kind of went a little farther. Janelle Monet, Yeah, okay, I don't remember her. She had on. It was like she came out and it was like it was like something strange looking at first, and then it was like more of a cape and then she took it off and it was more of like the tailored suit, but it was like black white red. That's how she looked. Great.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're gonna kill me, but I loved Kim k I won't.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't hate it. I don't just like it. I would have preferred it without the hat maybe, but I know it kind.
Speaker 2: Of it went together, pulled it together, or maybe the hat could have been a little different. Yeah, yeah, but I loved her jewelry with it.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I also loved Shaboozie did you see his like his his vest I don't know if it was a vest, I don't know what it was, but.
Speaker 1: It was all of these stones, you know what. It's so crazy. I did not pay much attention to the men. Yeah, the men. The men were boring me outside of my boyfriend. It just he was he was it just not it just elbow Damon Damon Yeah, Dampson Damnson, Yes, yes, yeah, who came he came through. He had a whole spectacle. He came in with the motorcycle aufhae on and you didn't know who it was. And he pulled revealed it and he still looked good in burgundy. Yeah, he looked good. Attention. There was a boy. There was a man. We had sex that night. Really yeah, okay, it was great. This is all going on in my head. Okay, okay. So there was a man that I was like, oh, well, where have you been? Did you see Jeff Goldblum? No, why would I be looking at him? He was there, and he looked sharp and good. He had on like a black suit, but he had this like cape over with like fur around the collar, like what yes, look him up? Okay, he looked like he was looking real. I'm about to look him up now, Okay, I have a couple more to say. Okay, So there was a model. I've never heard of her before, but look her up. I do a catch a d u t She was in Swarovsky. Look that was like to die, to die for Okay. And then I liked Joe Jonas's wife, Prianka Chopra. I liked her, Yeah, I saw, I did see that a nice little like white polka dote, white and black poka do, very classic looking. It was different from like everyone else.
Speaker 2: I felt like everyone else, like Rihanna, Tianna Taylor, even though my grids they loved Tianna Taalel, they were all kind of the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, looked like. Speaking of Rihanna with the baby reveal, she she loves a nice big platform to reveal these babies, like the first one was super Bowl and then yes or her second baby was super Bowl and then the Matt Gala, Like, so congrats to her. We could talk about the bad ones. But did you see this clip of Doci the singer when she came in, she was covered. She came in, she was covered. Yeah, yeah, did you see the tantrum that she was throwing Why was she throwing a tantrum? So she I guess when she's leaving her hotel, and then she's she's getting a lot of flak for this. She was leaving her hotel, yeah, and the like she wasn't covered up, like the paparazzi could see her, and so her people I scream, oh, cover up, cover up. So then they put her in this little box and she's yelling at them like I need an umbrella, Give me a umbrella. I need another one, I need another. Like the way she was talking to the people. Oh, it's so bad. It was so bad. So she's receiving a lot of flak for it. I don't like. And I'm like, you know, I don't. I don't know her. I do know her song Anxiety gives me anxiety. And that's an old song, is it? Yes, yes, it is. Oh my gosh, when that song comes on, my heart starts racing, my head starts pounding. I'm like, what anxiety against Robin anxiety? It is awful? Oh so bad. Okay, So back back to Doughty. I don't know anything about her, yeah, but but I mean she was the way she it was horrible. But I'm like, okay, let me give her some slack. Yeah it's her why, maybe her first met gal and maybe she's like, just it's just super. It's never. It's never. It's never. Okay to be real, No, it's not, it's never. Okay, you're right. I was trying to get the benefit.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, it's it was bad, though, Like you need to see the clips. Did just have you seen the video of Usher making this guy.
Speaker 1: The door's my list to talk about? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I sure, excuse me, sir, like he okay, so if you haven't seen it, he was with a woman who was he was he with?
Speaker 1: He was with somebody, Yeah, it was probably the PR person. So he he opens the door for her they're leaving. He did not open the door. No, he did not. She opened the door first, she did, and then he grabbed He was behind her. So the woman was kind of first she she pulls the door open, and then he grabs it behind her. Okay, and then he's like standing there holding the door, and he looks behind him and he tells the security security guard it looks like a hotel.
Speaker 2: The security guard like kind of far off. He tells the security guard to come. He lets the door go so it's closed.
Speaker 1: He's inside, and he tells the security to open the door, open the door, and the man comes scurrying. I'm like, I'm sure if you don't hold a door and walk your ass out, right, and then he and then he like then he gives his little like bop walking out the door so that the paparazzi can catch him in the bop. Yeah, it was a bit of a bitch move. It was definitely a pup move. It was. It was so whacked. But I was like, Okay, maybe he wanted the paparazzi to be to be able to get a clean.
Speaker 2: They would have after he got out the door, right, Or how about this you get out the door and you stand, paparazzi can go crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, uh I didn't like that. Yeah that was really wacked. Yeah that was super watt Yeah, okay, people o, poor celebrities, they just get their their their egos. Just yes, it's blows. There's I just feel like, I mean, I don't get.
Speaker 2: Me wrong, like I've gone the hell off on like production, but it's for a reason, right, and then I apologize after I get what I want yeah right, but it's not like I'm just walking down the street being an asshole, Like I feel like that's just absurd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was wild. Yeah, so it's like it's so now, I'm sure you look worse, like you were more so worried about the photo app of you walking out the door with the man holding the door, but instead we have the whole video of you opening the door and then telling the man to come hold it for you scurry. Yes, like now it was so crazy to me, and let's not forget you're a man, right, Like it was very like, yes, it looked a little queenish. Yeah, I should say, yeah, yeah, you know there's rumors. Yeah, I mean I mean, if he's queen, I'm not mad at it. Be a queen. Be a queen you are, That's all I'm saying. Okay, can we talk about where we done with that? Can we? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, I just want to remind people because from what I understand, people are loving The Love Hotel. Yeah, oh I watched No Way, Robin Dixon watch The Love Hotel.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts? Who are your front runners? Okay, so all right, I didn't get to watch episode two yet, but I watched episode one. Okay. And by the way, this is on Bravo nine o'clock right after Atlanta on Sundays. Yes, and it's Gazelle. Jelle's in it. Yes, okay, yes, So I to be honest, just watching that first episode, you hate them all. Nobody really was like, okay, a standout. Yeah, nobody's a standout in the first episode. So I had I meant to watch the second episode for me or for any of the ladies for you, okay. Yeah, and I think it's too early. It was the first episode. It was too early. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But did you say I was shot yeah beautifully Yeah, yes, it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And it looked hot as in people are sweating. Yes, no, it was. It was definitely hot for sure.
Speaker 2: Yes, But I mean I was just impressed about because in the moment while we were filming it, I was like not aware of how it was beautifully shot. Okay, because the cameras and you could appreciate this, We're not on the shoulders. Oh, they were on sticks, like you know, like a tripod.
Speaker 1: Yeah, far away from us, okay.
Speaker 2: So it was like I was confused because I'm like, y'all not getting the shot. Oh, I see it and they were like, we got shot. Okay, they got shot.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's to make you all feel a little more like like feel like you're more intimate, you know what I mean. Like I think it was just now I don't know. I think they wanted it airy or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but it's it's it was. It's beautifully done.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I would think, I mean, I don't know if I was on a dating show and I had to like, you know, flirt with someone, get to know them and maybe start you know, cuddling and kissing and stuff like Camerman and producers like standing right in front of me, Like I wouldn't really I appreciate that. True. So I'm thinking that maybe it's designed so that you all can feel a little like you have a little bit more intimacy. Well yeah, in privacy, but then but then if you do take somebody to your room, day up in there with you okay, so okay, not really yeah, but still I mean, but you still know what you're there for. So it's so it's so funny because when we talked about it on the last podcast, I hadn't watched it yet because, to be honest with you, all, it had not aired yet because we don't film in We sometimes film like ahead of time, all kind of place. Yes, so people two people wrote emails like, Robin, I'm so upset with you. You said you haven't watched Love Hotel. Oh my guy. People let's say let's say she never watches it. That's your business, right, and you're busy, I mean right, They're like, you know, just sell us watch Traders and you didn't watch you're not watching Love. I'm like, okay, okay, I calm down. I hadn't aired yet. Second at I'm never gonna watch it in real time at nine o'clock until never because I'm probably on an airplane traveling from basketball or car or whatever. I'm never in front of a TV that time and night. I never watched Traders exactly. I don't even know when there was, right, yeah, right, So I'm like, I'm going to watch it. It just not might not be in the time that Yes, you watch everybody, calm down. Robin loves me, right, I'm like, and I see her all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, it's so just so you know, because people were like confused, these aren't the only guys.
Speaker 1: We have more guys coming, right, So how many total come through the whole time, I don't know, but we have two rounds, two more rounds. So so those got eight guys came okay, and so I guess.
Speaker 2: Sixteen twenty four, so maybe twenty four okay, So then we have another eight and then another eight okay. Yeah, So stay tuned because it's it's up and down and around town and all over the place. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's fun. My mother is invested.
Speaker 1: She's all, oh, I'm sure, she's not sure this is good. I'm sure. Yeah, well that's good. I mean, and it's right. It seems like people are really loving it. So just imagine like they could do this over.
Speaker 2: And over and over again, yeah or you know, yeah yeah, and people say they love it.
Speaker 1: It's so refreshing.
Speaker 2: It's not all the drama. All the ways love each other. And I'm like, really, because if it's not drama on Housewine, right, you might get canceled, right, So what do you want?
Speaker 1: People but choose? But people love. But there are people who just really love dating shows, you know what I mean, And so like on a dating show, they don't want to see the drama. They wouldn't see like the love yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and there is some people that find love ish good love ish ish. Okay, they're very lusty.
Speaker 2: Let's get to Sean Puffy Combs because they are now getting the jury together for the trial, which I was wrong because I never thought we would get to trial. Really, I thought something was going to happen to him unfortunately in jail.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, yeah, yeah you did say that. You thought like some someone was going to have him unlive. He was gonna be God forbid unlive. Why is that a word?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Who made that up? I think he did. Puffy made up unlive?
Speaker 2: I think because I think there's a video of him saying somebody needs to be unlived or something that I think.
Speaker 1: Don't call me on it. Somebody do the research. I do believe. Where's Carly Charlie would do to research? I don't know, But all of a sudden, it's just like that's funny that that's like a term that we use now alive, But like, could do you've I I think about it.
Speaker 2: This is so like I'm curious because who can be like totally biased or unbiased? Because everyone's seen the footage of Cassie. Everyone knows about They might not know the particulars, but they know about this trial or this case, so it's like, how how.
Speaker 1: Do you pick the jury? Right? But not only that, apparently the jury where was asked about other celebrities like oh do you know about what do you know about these other celebrities? Or are you aware of these other celebrities, which tells us that these other celebrity names are going to be involved in the trial.
Speaker 2: And some some like do you know that these other celebrities exist?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, okay, wow, and it was okay. I'm gonna tell you who they were. It was okay. In addition to Sean Combe, several other celebrities were mentioned in connection with the case, primarily during jury selection. Okay. These individuals included Michael B. Jordan's Yes, Kid Cutty, Oh, Kanye West, and Mike Myers other's name. Other names that surfaced included Lauren London, Don Richard, Dallas, Austin, Michelle Williams and young Miami. So Michelle Williams, Oh the other Michelle Williams like Destiny Child Michelley Yeah, not Destey Shall white actors, the white Michelle Williams. I don't know, but I'm just like. Okay. So, so I'm like, should we be like thinking that these people are going to be brought up and like accomplices or witnesses? Okay, so this says Michael B. Jordan. His name was mentioned due to his relationship with Cassie. Okay. Kid Cutty was also romantically involved with Cassie. Yes, yes, okay. Kanye West was on a list of people and places related to Combs. Mike Myers was another name on the list of individuals related to Combs. Okay, all right, so hmm, so it sounds like some people might be shaken in their boots. What's so crazy is those names have not been brought up before, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right Mike Myers, Yeah, that's weird, not weird, but that's we haven't heard that name, right, interesting.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I feel like jury selection is going to be super hard because if you've you know, even if you don't know about Puffy, you know about you know, they might know about Mike Myers or whatever. I don't I could I don't think I could be. Could you be unbiased? I don't think I could be.
Speaker 2: I have because Mike do I always think because even I thought about this was Shanna Sharp. My daughters are twenty and nineteen, and we're talking about girls that are younger than them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in some of these cases.
Speaker 2: So it's like, no, I cannot be biased unbiased?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, probably not. Yeah yeah, but I don't know. I mean as it relates to the case, I don't know. I don't think I could. First of all, I'm even if I was unbiased, I'm going to tell them I'm biased. I ain't trying to sit up in jerky duty. Nobody trying to sit up in that jersey. But he is probably trying to pay these jurls off, So you might get a little paid out of the situation. I'm just saying I'd be like, I'm the biggest Cassie fan in the world. Crazy. So wait, did you see the sketch of him in the court. Yeah, he looked his hair is white, his hairs white, like white white. They said his whole head is gray and white. That is I thought that was like an AI. No, that's real, that's the courtrooms cut. Damn. Yes, this isn't going he going through it. So are we going to get to actually see the trial? Oh? Or do you just have to rely on like these secondhand reports, like it's not gonna be on like Sea Span or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wants some ratings that would would be major ratings, that would be great, Like I want to see this.
Speaker 1: I'm here for this.
Speaker 2: I want to see maybe because what t oh the Johnny depap thing that was on. Yeah, yeah, I'm okay, let us know.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're we're gonna be all there. Yeah, we see it. And then then did you hear he was like he asked her to the bathroom. He told the Jude. He's like, I'm a little nervous or something. Can I go to the bathroom? Yeah? To do what? Pee pee? I don't know. Maybe a diarya bubble guts, I don't know. Listen, I'd be having bubble guts to get God time.
Speaker 2: I would be sitting on that toilet bubble gut century yes, Okay, So I want to I want to give a little shout out to our girl, Larsa Pippen.
Speaker 1: A shout out because she keeps bagging these young athletes. You get a shout out for that. Listen, listen, listen, Robin, stop being a hater. Okay, I'm not okay, all right, let me hear the shout out. Okay, shout out is.
Speaker 2: We appreciate her for her ability to stay focused.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because clearly she's focused, okay on bagging a baller. Yes, yes, but this baller I don't even know who he is. Okay, that was getting to that. Okay, we're unclear about his baldom. Yes, it's net worth about how big a bala he really was? Okay, or is so? But he has proclaimed he's married Larsa. Right, this is it. He said, this is the kitten cab. He's gonna propose he's like thirty six, thirty six years old? Oh what is Larsa? Lars' is probably fifty something? Oh is she? Yeah? I thought she was in her forties. No, okay, I think she's fifty something. Okay. If she's fifty something, he's thirty something, I'm I'm like, okay, let's see Larca Pena.
Speaker 2: She's fifty, Larc's fifty, he's the what thirty six?
Speaker 1: That's not that bad, it's not, But I am curious what the fuck is she doing to these dudes?
Speaker 2: I have them like, listen, she got the golden hate over Hill.
Speaker 1: She is the Golden Pee.
Speaker 2: I didn't think Golden Pee existed because let me tell you why, because a guy told me it doesn't.
Speaker 1: A guy was like, listen, y'all are different, yes, but not that much. Not that much to be like, oh, this is the one I want to marry her. This is the one that I'm sliding in fore Okay, yeah, no, so but she's got to go. I'm gonna give Larsa the Golden the Golden Pee award. Yeah. I might send her to like a cookie or something. I don't know. She got it a lot. I'm sorry, he's thirty one.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, okay, because I okay, so never mind everything I just said. Never mind, because I can I can bag at thirty one year old a day with money? What yeah, every what did you say I could bag thirty one year old today with money?
Speaker 1: Right? But you just said everything you said never mind? Never mind? Meaning she does not get a Golden Pee award? Why not? Because at thirty one it's not difficult. A thirty one year old, they're very impressionable. Oh but thirty six. Okay, so thirty six, you're impressed, you're thirty six. I was very impressed. Okay, Yeah, but the thirty one year old. Where did you play? Do you have any coins? Yeah, because because lars is doing fine off her only fans from what I understand, Oh yeah maybe so yeah, so maybe he wants her for her money. True, and that's a problem, very true, because you can't come over here that and I'm gonna be taken care of anything. Yeah, very true. Yeah, I don't know. I mean he apparently played overseas. I think for the most part they do well, don't they They can, But you also bet that doesn't but you might not. I don't know. Robin says, she's not impressed. Yeah, no, I'm not impressed. No, he's played like I don't know, I mean, very interesting. Good for her, yes, no, good for Lars. Listen, at the end of the day, we just want Larsa to be happy. Yes, I don't give two ships about Lars. I mean we want Robin is now being a hater about every lady, okay, right, all right, yes, yeah, we want everyone to be happy.
Speaker 2: Yes, live your best life. Yes, whatever that means.
Speaker 1: There we go. Now, he is fine. He is definitely doable all day long. Yeah, he's a nice little guy.
Speaker 2: So Larsa get yours honey, get that golden peet into action.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, So so by the time this airs, this will probably be over.
Speaker 2: But I do want to talk about the conclave that's going on right now because the Pope has passed away. And by the way, and I'm going to say this and we don't get political, but Trump is an asshole.
Speaker 1: Picture the picture of him as the pope the pope, like that was the most asshole move ever, right, like it was probably the same week that the Pope was laid to rest, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, like like have some sort of dignity and respect. And the first of all, you wore blue when everybody told you to wear to the to the funeral, and the mandate from the the the Vatican or whatever was to wear black. Oh it wasn't if you ever look at it. He has on a royal blue suit. And even Milania had on black. Everyone outside of like the people that wore robes had on black.
Speaker 1: Because they asked you to didn't.
Speaker 2: And this fool had on blue representing the United States. And then your dumb ass makes a picture and puts it out there.
Speaker 1: From the White House with you as the Pope. Okay, you're horrible, but we're moving on, Like why is that? Okay, it's not okay, and it just I feel like stuff that he does, stuff like that, it just gets swept under the rug, like we see it and we personally might cringe, but it's like no one is no one is speaking out about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well people, he is unliving people that I mean allegedly, so people don't speak out to too loudly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so me too, because I think my phone is hacked. But let's move on. So what was I talking about? Oh, the conclave.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, the conclave is happening, and you know, I get super excited about the conclave because of the whole pomp and circumstance of it all.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, and then we have black smoke, white black smoke, white smoke. I'm so excited, so excited. Yes, yes, so pumped. I'm not catholic, but I'm intrigued. Yes, yeah, I'm intrigued to see like what happens and who they come up with. Yeah, how long does it take? How many times are they gonna blow out black smoke? Like when is you know? Like, yeah, I'm excited to say that.
Speaker 2: So I'm sure we will we will know by the time this drops. But the whole all the Cardinals are there. They're walking in, they're singing their songs, they're doing all the rituals.
Speaker 1: It's it's to be respected. Yeah, And they have big shoes to fill, they do. Whoever gets this role has really big shoes to feel totally. And and the I think all the guys that are like you know in the forefront are a minority. Oh really yeah, And they said.
Speaker 2: They really don't want anybody from the United States because the United States already has too much quote power.
Speaker 1: Yes, so they do want.
Speaker 2: Somebody from a different country, which I respect.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, I'm down. And there is hope.
Speaker 3: Leo the new leader of the Catholic faith rereading the assembled Saint Peter's Square officially Leo the fourteenth, the name he has taken. Can any of us imagine what it is like to stand in that place right now and looking out on that crowd, the leader of one point four billion Catholics.
Speaker 1: Speaking of big shoes to film?
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine, Oh, okay, we haven't.
Speaker 1: Talked about this. Little miss Blue Ivy, it's filling her. Mama Blue said, y'all will not talk about my dance.
Speaker 2: Most practice she will not follow Alan iverson, she will go to practice.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, so the footage that we've seen from this Cowboy Carter tour, yes, Blue is doing her thing. Yeah, she's killing it and she really I'm noticing. I feel like Beyonce is utilizing her a little bit more so that Beyonce can kind of maybe rest Or doesn't have to like do all of that. Yeah, do as much like Blue really is. Like now she's almost like in the center yeah sometimes, yes, which she should be.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's where she should be.
Speaker 1: But I saw this like great clip that compared her from two years ago on the Renaissance Tour to the Cowboy Carter Tour.
Speaker 2: But by the way, in the Renaissance Tour, she looked like a child. Yeah, now she's like grown up and not grown up. But I mean she looks like, yes, she's matured so much, Yah, but she still isn't she just thirteen?
Speaker 1: I don't know, is she? Yes, she's beautiful, she's beautiful. She's like, she's so beautiful. She looks so mature. But to see the improvement, yes, from her first time on the stage at the Renaissance Tour to the Cowboy Carter tour. I mean it is light years and it's amazing and I love it. It's like, you know, Beyonce knew what she was doing. She was giving her daughter an opportunity, and her daughter rose to the occasion. Rose and she's doing her thing now speaking of her daughter's roomy, that's cutest thing ever. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Her excitement is like, now you want to go to the show, don't you, because Roomy's Roomy has given you the Oh I got to see if she's there like every show. I don't think so, right, but I mean her just seeing how excited she was to be on that stage and like hugging her mom and just jumping up and down, and when like it's just like like did you tear up a little bit watching that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that I loved it? Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 2: So I've I've talked to a couple of people that have gone to the Cowboy Carter and I'm like, compare it to Renaissance, and they're like, it's sensational, really, yes, because I've noticed that there.
Speaker 1: Aren't that many clips.
Speaker 2: There aren't the clips that we were getting from the Renaissance, right, which I appreciate because I'm like, I want to be surprised because I'm I'm you know, obviously going so I don't know, I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely did see a lot of people say that they enjoy this one better oh really or not better, but like they just it's different. They're like, it's different from Renaissance, even though she does you know a lot of songs from Renaissance. Yeah, they said it's different and they enjoyed it just as much or even maybe more. Yeah. No, I listen, you will never bet against Beyonce. But yeah, but like I said, I'm going to wait until the day Okay, so let me help you. Okay. Ashley was in La.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she got her ticket to day off and it was four hundred dollars in comparison on the floor. Yeah, so that same ticket I probably paid fifteen hundred dollars for, right, So please go get your ticket. H Maybe oh you can wait the day off yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't wait the day up.
Speaker 1: Because I saw stories of like people who had tickets and they were they were able to reach out the ticket master and yeah, exchange them for maybe a better seat or to get money back or something like that because the ticket prices had gone down from when they originally purchased their ticket. Okay, let me look into that.
Speaker 2: Save me a coin or two. You know, I need to save my coins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we'll see. But I was I was super proud of Blue Ivy Yeah and Roomy made me smile. And just to see Beyonce dor her thing. I all had a conversation with my kids and I said, y'all are underachievers. Y'all are not doing anything like Blue, So get it together, get information. Yes, give me a one, two three kers right right? Oh, speaking of our children, I gotta give this my proud mama moment. I want to give a shout out and show some love to my son Corey. Hey, Cory. Corey was recently ranked number forty nine in the country what in his class for basketball on the ESPN Top sixty pole, and that is like, oh, that's fantastic. Yeah, so that's a really big deal, huge, his first time being ranked nationally and so I'm super proud of him. I'm super proud of his hard work and super excited to see his continued growth. Yeahly, go Corey. Shout out with Corey as about to be in the NBA and retire you. Yes, that's the goal. Like Alady said, MoMA, you don't have to work ever, one step at the time. We're just trying to get a scholarship to college, yes, which will happen. Yeah for sure, but super super proud of Corey. Okay, all right, I love it. All right. That is our episode. We love y'all so much.
Speaker 2: Don't ever forget to live your life either reasonable.
Speaker 1: Or shady or both. Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite
Speaker 2: Shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady