Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous, Welcome back to the bonus episode of We Give Them All, a podcast on the heels of what we spoke about on last week's.
Speaker 2: Regular old episode.
Speaker 1: I want to put out there some fantastic organizations that have been vetted and you can go to and give whatever you possibly can. Los Angeles definitely needs you, guys right now. And remember LA isn't just home to celebrities with a lot of money. People have come from all over the world in hopes for dreams and a better life. And a lot of those people came and have been in their homes for decades and they're just regular people like us.
Speaker 2: And I want you to remember that part.
Speaker 1: Before I give this laundry list of incredible organizations. In the last epis Landon, I cut you off and you weren't able to talk about the incredible firefighter program for inmates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think we need to talk about that.
Speaker 3: I think it's really cool, pretty impressive, one awesome that we.
Speaker 4: Could get additional resources, right and additional manpower to go out and fight it. But this program, I was reading a guy the kind of that used to be in and he's out now, and he was detailing how it works and it was really really cool. And so this program one CalFire comes in. It's a voluntary program. You have to agree to go into it. So some people were I think talking about it was like, oh, terrible conditions.
Speaker 5: How can you force these people to go work? Right?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So people thought it was like, hey, you inmate four seven, five six, get your ass out there.
Speaker 2: And that's not what it's like.
Speaker 3: No, not what it's like at all.
Speaker 4: And so be you have to volunteer to go into it, and you have to have less than seven years on your prison sentence left because it reduces the time you have to serve by doing this. And CalFire comes in. They do a short training, not like a full fire training, but a short train and they work only with they don't use water at all, and they're fighting, so they get like hand tools to like clean the brush so they prevent the fire from spreading more got us, So so they go in on the ground. They don't man an engine or anything like that. But once they get into the program, they go into these fire camps. It's not just during the wildfires. They're out of prison, out of the prison system, or not the prison system, but out of the prison walls for the rest of their sentence, and they're in these wilderness camps where they train, you know, and they're there and doing stuff year round. They're living in the wilderness, which sounds you know from this one guy, it's a hell of a lot better than the prison system. They get better food out there during fires, they get really good food, he was saying.
Speaker 3: And they make a little bit of money.
Speaker 5: It's not a lot. It's five ten dollars a day all.
Speaker 4: Year round, and then during a wildfire they get additional one dollar per hour when they're actively fighting it.
Speaker 6: But the other thing that is great is they're learning and they could can Can they be firefighters when they're out of prison?
Speaker 5: Is that something that they Yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's the program is really awesome because when they get out, they're eligible to get their record completely expunged, which makes it a lot easier to get any type of job. But they also have programs, like Ventura County has one that'll take them in to help them actually become official firefighters when they get out.
Speaker 5: So it's giving them a career as well.
Speaker 3: Really awesome.
Speaker 5: That's a way to do it.
Speaker 4: And I saw TikTok again, going back to last week when we were talking about TikTok going away, but interviewing some of these inmates that were fighting, and a lot of them were like, I found my passion, Like I really love doing this, Like I'm helping people. And they're not violent offenders either, right, you have to be like minimum security.
Speaker 5: They couldn't have done anything crazy.
Speaker 2: So there's stipulations on who's eligible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not just hey, we'll take anybody, right, you know, it's stipulation on who's eligible. But a few of the people were like, yeah, I'm excited. I'm I get to go into the Ventura County program. When I get out, my record's going to be cleaned. I'm like, like I get a fresh start and I get and I found something that I love and that I can help people.
Speaker 3: Like what an awesome thing that is.
Speaker 1: And you said that they have to have seven years or less on their sentence, right, seven.
Speaker 6: Years or less to be elegy left, So like say you went for ten and then you served, and now you can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, makes sense.
Speaker 1: That is an incredible program and they did. They did make a difference. So here's some ways that you can help out, you guys. Baby to Baby is accepting donations to support children impacted by the wildfires. I have to tell you, Ocean, because we left, and she actually just had the fire department at her school, so she's very into telling me that. You know, when she knew about the fire, she said, Mom, we have to call nine one one and we have to tell them. And I tried to explain the best way that I could. Hi, Baby, what happened to you?
Speaker 5: Do you want to come over here and say hi?
Speaker 2: She's in Christmas pajamas.
Speaker 1: She pulls them out because mom, am I allowed to wear Christmas pajamas because I.
Speaker 2: Said, you can wear whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Ocean, what are you going to do with some of your toys and clothes for kids that were affected by the fire? I kinda give a little bit toys away.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 2: That's so great.
Speaker 1: So I know a lot of people with kids have been trying to explain the best way they can, and I think, you know, we need to explain to our kids who are old enough without making it scary, but how we can help. I mean, it was a tremendous learning experience. I can't say the Ocean at the beginning when I said we're going to clear your toys out, was excited about it, and then we had to sit down and had a very productive conversation.
Speaker 2: You can also go to go fund me.
Speaker 1: They have compiled the list of verified fundraises for people impacted by the fires. Spc ALA's Disaster Animal Response Team. They're looking for donations to support emergency services, temporary animal shelters, and front line and veterinary care.
Speaker 2: Mom was watching the TikTok and.
Speaker 3: She was like this, this is on the talk. She's on the top talk.
Speaker 2: She was like, look at these firefighters. They're saving animals. And it's like I'm like, babe, that's AIS. Not watch but then no comment. I went into the comments section. Actually most people did believe it. There were only like two people that were like, guys, it's AI.
Speaker 4: Well did you see everybody that thought that the Hollywood sign was on fire?
Speaker 5: Because did you see the AI?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was in flames, and people are like it's gone, and then other people are like, it's right here.
Speaker 3: I don't like AI, you guys, what's so crazy?
Speaker 5: Is work near it?
Speaker 6: And I saw the Hollywood Sign on fire and I was like, it's got to be real.
Speaker 5: It's got to be and I had to wait till the next lot. Yeah, it was so crazy, anything was possible.
Speaker 1: The Los Angeles Fire Department Foundation is accepting donations to support firefighters on the front lines. The found is seeking monetary donations wildland brush tools, hydration backpacks, and emergency fire shelters. The California Fire Foundation is looking for donations. The Salvation Army World Central Kitchen that's spearheaded by chef Jose Andres. He has a relief team in southern California to assist first responders in their families. The Los Angeles Regional Food Bank Direct Relief is also accepting donations Community Organized Relief Effort. All of these links, you guys, are going to be posted on the video. As far as mental health resources, Los Angeles County Access Center will put that phone number up nine to eight eight Suicide and Crisis Hotline you can call or text them. That'll be posted California Department of Public Health, Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Resources.
Speaker 2: All of these again are going.
Speaker 1: To be posted on the video that also comes out today on YouTube. I'll make sure on my Instagram at Give Them La La Pod will.
Speaker 2: Post all of it.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to talk about good hearts in the world right because we don't see them, I feel as much as we should. They're definitely highlighted on the news. When you watch the news, you see great people who have come together and they're doing their thing. A lot of us don't watch the news anymore. We only get our news from social media platforms, and you go into the comments section and it is a cesspool of people who are just not that kind. It's okay, I'm not going to judge them. I'm going to leave it at that. But I asked people on Instagram some stories, so I'm going to read some of those while I do that. Easton, can you tell me a time that you were meeting someone and they showed up for you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: When Dad passed, Okay, I had Alec Russin and Taylor Apcood and I will say their names because they saved.
Speaker 5: Me because we say them all all the time.
Speaker 6: But yes, those two after Dad passed and I found him in the morning, I because Mom and you you wanted to be at the grand and then you guys left and I was just there and Taylor and Alex slept over at the house for.
Speaker 5: Like two weeks straight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as I was like waking up in night terrors and they'd wake up with me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they were the ones who good people.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They yeah, pulled through.
Speaker 6: I mean Alex took work off and to just help me and yeah just be Yeah, even if I was just sitting there, they were just there, you know blank stare so yes, And I'm glad that we did this podcast because I.
Speaker 5: Kind of forgot about it. You know, well use time goes on. Yeah, but yeah, no, they showed up for you. I love that.
Speaker 2: Do you have a time planned?
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean after my my parents split, I was twelve and you know, just a very very rough time, rough for my parents as well, and unfortunately, I think, you know, more common than not, but the kids kind of get forgotten about in the whole thing of it. You know, my parents are great, I love them, but they were going through a tough time. But just my community, you know, my teachers at school really took extra time with me to you know, to make sure I was okay. I remember those conversations, you know, them keeping me after class and checking in, you know, making sure I was good. Other people in my community making sure you know, I still stayed active in like sports and things like that, so that I wasn't just following.
Speaker 5: Off sitting at home and emotions.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, I saw other people. I had a couple other close friends that all within the same year our parents split, and.
Speaker 3: You know, not one had.
Speaker 4: A good community support system as well, and he's turned out great.
Speaker 3: The other did not.
Speaker 2: And he's the other one.
Speaker 3: You I'm just.
Speaker 4: Kidding, But the other one he's been you know, he went to drugs and he's been in and out of prison. And I think, you know, with good support team is without that, I could have gone down that same exact past.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they didn't need to do that, right, They didn't need to come and take that extra time, but they did.
Speaker 1: They did it because they have good hearts. I think for me, it was when dad passed away and I was very deep into the bottle and we came out to Utah for his wake and people who I haven't seen in years, who just you know, even from high school, where it was like you're here right now, And it also made me open my eyes like, wow, I need to show up a little bit harder for people, because people can look very strong and on the inside they're crumbling, and.
Speaker 4: It's the little things through hard times, like check in, send the text, yeah, call somebody like don't just you know, I know we talked about last week that people, you know, once the news stops covering it, it's the long term stuff like continue to check in. I'm glad you said like a mental health resource on that list, because I think what people think about the physical destruction, but for teenagers, for little kids, for anybody really, but the trauma that people went through during oh this is going that is going to be a long term effect and check in on those people.
Speaker 5: It's going to be a battle. Well. Not her mom, my mom's mom, me me.
Speaker 6: She lost her home in a fire when she was young and we were talking about it and it still impacted her through my mom being alive, and it was before that.
Speaker 5: So it's incredible what this devastation can do.
Speaker 4: My oldest sister McCall, she was living in Florida for a year doing a year of college out there at my grandparents when a tornado came through and destroyed my grandparents' home. Terrible thing, but it struck it. I think like three thirty seven or something in the morning, and for years years, my sister would wake up at that hour every single night because of the trauma. Of course, you know, I'm good night tre for the people in the palace heads. It was a nighttime thing for the people in Altadina, you know. I mean, it's those effects will be long lasting. And get the help you need. Don't be afraid to get the help. And also if you know somebody that you think could use it, encourage them be a help.
Speaker 3: Not just money either. It's take care of your brain.
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, because I hope, and I just hope a lot of people that have lost things keep their mental and I hope a lot of people make it easy for them to keep their mental Like with all the loss that they've had, the last.
Speaker 5: Thing you want to do is go down a darker route, right, you know. And that's the thing. It's like, we were going to be in.
Speaker 7: A very tough situation for the next five to ten years plus, and it's very big to keep everybody mentally saying and not go down the path of you've lost everything.
Speaker 5: Why am I here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 1: So I had a lot of people write in and these are I said, big, big or small? Because even something small could be something huge, right, Hey, a dollar.
Speaker 5: From everybody in this country would be in an enormous.
Speaker 1: But even like land in set a text friends bringing meals over after my three week hospitalization a premium nick you two and a half months.
Speaker 2: Isn't it wild?
Speaker 1: Where it's like someone just showing up to be like anything you need, You need a meal, you need a phone call, that's just like, hey, let me vent and just like you being a soundboard for me makes all the difference.
Speaker 5: And those meals taste the best home cooked meals. Wow, you cared for me, you thought of me. This food really tastes great.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: House fire summer before senior year and the church community helped dogs clothes housing. There were a lot of people that wrote in about experiencing their houses burning down and how their community a lot of people saying the church that they were a part of really stepped up to the play. And I think that that's amazing that, you know, it's times like that were your community maybe people that you didn't.
Speaker 2: Expect to show up for you.
Speaker 1: It's like, Wow, Jan from three houses down, who I've said three words too, is like really showing or.
Speaker 5: I'm sleeping in her basement right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: My fiance gifted me his geep because I couldn't afford to buy a new car, very kind. My marriage fell apart, my best friend came and stayed the night with me. That goes back to what you were talking about Easton. Isn't it wild what someone's just mere presence? Oh, it's just for your mental.
Speaker 5: Health, that's the thing. And like I would just blank stare at the TV.
Speaker 6: It was on, but right like I just wasn't there, and I could feel my emotions start and like everything starting to just melt and like just anxiety starting. And I would look left and I would see the two people or somebody that was taking the time, and just looking at them would reset me right.
Speaker 5: And at least that and then yes, you didn't have to talk.
Speaker 6: Didn't have to talk. I didn't have to say anything. Just looking over at them and just seeing them even scrolling their phone, I knew it was like, Okay, things are normal.
Speaker 2: I feel for this person because.
Speaker 1: After Dad passed away, I always hated the night coming because it meant everybody was going to go to bed and shut down and I was going to feel alone and having mom and you that was great, but it's like you guys are also very vulnerable.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you, did you not feel And I know it sounds weird, but I felt like when we were together it was great, but like when I was going down a terrible anxiety or depression.
Speaker 2: Moved from this situation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you and Mom couldn't help because I'd look at you and it's like, what help are you going to give me?
Speaker 5: We're in the same boat sinking. I need somebody else over here.
Speaker 6: Really, So like that, when Mom went to la I was like, I cannot because I will crumble.
Speaker 5: So I had like, well, we did crumble.
Speaker 2: We we would go through a bottle of champagne.
Speaker 1: And then we realized when we would go to Ralph's the genius idea of why.
Speaker 2: Don't we each just get our own? Why don't we each get too?
Speaker 5: All we can say is it got you through it right? I don't know is when you're dealing with heartache and.
Speaker 2: You do the best you can, every emotion.
Speaker 5: Size bottles to another level. You were like, let's just get the big one. Lauren loved falling downstairs.
Speaker 2: Literally, and.
Speaker 1: My boss bought me a last minute ticket home to Alaska from North Carolina to say goodbye to my dad. That is the nicest thing. Plane tickets are so beyond expensive.
Speaker 5: That's a distance too, and.
Speaker 1: You literally plan you don't expect a parent or a loved one to pass away, right, And you kind of go through your year and you're like, Okay, I'm going to go home for Christmas, so I save my money to go home for Christmas. And most people they either go home for Thanksgiving or Christmas, like they don't do both because flights are expensive.
Speaker 5: That was really people to say that though they just don't want to see their family twice.
Speaker 1: We're back, We're back on they give them all a podcast The.
Speaker 5: Shade, But no, it really it's incredible.
Speaker 6: But also to be noticed, like you have to be a very decent employee, I feel like as well, so she's an amazing employee.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that her boss could do that because now you feel like you're scene as well. You know you're valued, Yeah, you know they care about you. Yes, So that's yes, good to both of them on that well.
Speaker 1: And people just it goes back to what moms taught us forever, and sometimes you don't do it in the moment but as long as you learn from it where it's like shoe on the other foot in this moment, what would I want someone to do for me? How would I want someone to respond to me right now? And I feel like there's a lot of times that we don't do that. There's been many times where I don't do that, and I look back and I'm like, I would not have appreciated if the roles are reversed and someone said what I just said or did what.
Speaker 5: I just did.
Speaker 6: One thing that mom stuck with that, she said that stuck with me is treat people how you would like to be treated.
Speaker 2: That sounds golden. And a rule is that gold rule.
Speaker 4: That that's like that sounds like a Michael Scott quote when he's like when he's like, what's what's he says like he says some quote and then it's Michael Scott, Wayne Gretzky, you know, treat people you want to be treated, at least at Burningham Jesus, Yes, yes, pretty.
Speaker 5: Much, Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 1: Stuck in Kenya airport credit card canceled due to fraud. Oh and it stranger bought my flight home.
Speaker 5: Wow, did you add that's.
Speaker 2: That is another level.
Speaker 3: I hope you've kept in contact, stranger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's an acquaintance. Now. That was not cheap.
Speaker 4: That is I'm sending them a Christmas gift every year for rest of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real, that is so kind.
Speaker 1: But even that like pay it forward, where like you're going through a drive through and you're like, I want to pay for the person behind me is.
Speaker 6: The person who paid for the plane ticket? What if they were in the same boat and somebody random.
Speaker 1: Did it on the other foot, and maybe it's really happened to him, but maybe he was sitting there being like, you know what, I can only imagine what this girl is going through.
Speaker 2: I can absolutely afford to do this for.
Speaker 1: Her, or maybe he can and he just wanted to be a good person or she, But regardless.
Speaker 5: Very fucking, very grand deed.
Speaker 2: This one is a long one.
Speaker 1: I also want to say a lot of you guys because these but these can get long. When I ask you for something so heartfelt, you're like, I get that. It's like you can't fit it all in one thing. You can send a DM and I can screenshot them, or send a DM, screenshot it and then send it. That's what this person did. My grandmother and I were very close during her final days with terminal cancer. I would travel between LA and San Francisco every week for about three months. I'd arrive from San Francisco in LA at six am on Mondays and head straight to my job at an LA agency, where I worked in the mailroom for just seven dollars per hour. Even though we both earned very little. My coworker slash gusband would buy me a large Starbucks coffee and leave it on my desk every Monday morning. I know it sounds silly, It doesn't, by the way, but this small act of kindness meant a lot to me. He had to work for an hour just to buy that coffee. Ten years later, they are still in the best gusband in psycho bitch marriage.
Speaker 3: Wow oh same them?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah good, I relate, No, but that really is because when I was in Utah and I was working my nine to five, yeah, like I would go into my office and like very rarely, like somebody would bring me a coffee and like just like a coffee for you, just somebody in the office that we were close with.
Speaker 5: But I would do it for people as well.
Speaker 6: But it was just crazy to see, like it was nice to have like a coffee.
Speaker 2: You're like, oh, okay, let me tell you that's a love language.
Speaker 5: No, that is? That is I mean, well even you know.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to start my new job, right yeah, on the thirteenth and Saturday Eastern, and I had stayed up pretty much all night because we're seeing the flames they coming up over the mountain and we're like they cut the news at once, like, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 5: We see the fire? Is it coming? The evac zone is like two blocks from We're laying in bed just not sleeping and talking.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It took a drive at what like three, and we see all the police cars blocking it off and getting people out of there, very bright, and so we didn't really sleep. And so I text the my new boss, who I'm supposed to start for in two days, and I'm like, hey, I don't know what's going on, Like can can we push the start date? And just him responding being like this is their start date. It's like the least to the of our concerns, like take care of you, make sure you're good. He's like a few days isn't going to affect anything like just we'll figure it out, you know, and like he you know, he's like, don't worry about it, and taking.
Speaker 3: That worry off of the weight off of you as.
Speaker 4: I'm already worrying about all this other stuff Like that meant a lot to me. And it also going back to the person who the boss flew them out, you know, to see there, to see their parent before they passed. But for me, it's like even before starting this job, I'm like, Okay, there's respect he've got. Like it's not like nope, you've got to start like I don't give a shit.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like were you directly that did you? Did you have to evacuate it, or were you impacted?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But people that I love and just the place that I call home.
Speaker 1: I just feel like there's other things we could worry about, right, So I feel like it's going to be that's a great start.
Speaker 2: A bad start, but a great start too.
Speaker 4: I said, we're just getting all the bad for the year outright at the beginning, so it's just good from here.
Speaker 5: So that's why I have that I'd rather have the bad news first, give it to me.
Speaker 2: Do you want the good news or the bad?
Speaker 5: News.
Speaker 1: First, I'm like, it's bad, bad, What do you mean You want to put me on a high and then drop me thirty thousand feet?
Speaker 2: No, thank you?
Speaker 1: Drop me thirty thousand Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Will get to thirty.
Speaker 1: Butteen, this one's really sweet. I teach my aunt tragically passed away. My teammate did my lesson plans for two weeks. As a teacher, you can't just take off. This helped me so much, take off and grieve. The reason why some of these may you may be thinking while I can't read this is true, but also because you have to compact them into such a small space, which is why I encourage the d to just DM and send them.
Speaker 2: But I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Writing it after that is huge because teachers do.
Speaker 3: Not get Teachers should be a year.
Speaker 5: I think I've said it.
Speaker 2: I've said it a million times.
Speaker 1: How the is Lebron James making so much money dribbling a basketball but teachers who are responsible for our future, these children will be the ones that go on to make a difference in our world.
Speaker 5: Pay them thirty. It's just.
Speaker 3: How do we bump that up?
Speaker 1: After a domestic violence situation, someone from church as a kid took me in until I got an apartment.
Speaker 2: Huge.
Speaker 1: I think anytime someone offers up their home a safe space and and has someone else come in is like the most incredible human on the planet because that is as someone who adores their home. And I'm very and I'm not saying that this person has bad energy. I'm saying anytime you have someone new come into the house and it's an extended period of time and you don't know, you know what the future holds, how long they'll be there. And this is me talking very selfishly, just a little bit coming off, and I'm aware of it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's coming off.
Speaker 1: So anybody who says you are welcome at my home, I'm like, that's a good freaking person.
Speaker 5: It's a great person.
Speaker 4: And also one thing that I have learned over the last like two years that I've been working on. But if somebody's offering you something and I don't really like to accept things, it's hard for me. It's really tough for me to receive. I love to give, okay, have to give. I hate to receive a weird thing. It's like I love giving the people, but I read if you don't accept something like it feels good to give, and if you say no, you're taking away that good feeling from that person who's trying to.
Speaker 5: Give to you.
Speaker 3: So accept it. Don't feel bad about accepting it.
Speaker 4: If they're offering it, if they're offering to bring you food, if they're offering you a place, take it now. Don't take advantage of it, but take it, you know, take it and let them be generous to you, and in turn let them have that good deed. Let them have that good deed because you like to do it, and then in turn later on remember that and do good for somebody else.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people have a hard time receiving because they.
Speaker 5: Don't want to feel in need.
Speaker 1: Like or like they're indebted to somebody, like because I did this.
Speaker 2: For you, you then owe me.
Speaker 6: And what's so crazy, though, is your giving and your giving. I like to think I'm giving as well, but like every time your guys are giving, I never feel indebted.
Speaker 5: I still don't like you.
Speaker 3: See, I'm keeping a list. I've got a list.
Speaker 1: Well, what you just said reminded me of Joey Tribiani when he's thinking of what he's going to say in his speech. When Monica and Chandler get made. He's like, it's about giving and receiving, and when you give and then you receive, you're constantly giving a lot.
Speaker 5: Of that stuff like that.
Speaker 1: No, I think anyone opening their home amazing. I opened my home to YouTube fools.
Speaker 5: We're going to get the hell out. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding. I'm trying to lie rightness.
Speaker 4: The likeness the list of law has on us is it's getting bigger and bigger every day.
Speaker 2: I don't keep a list.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I only I The only time I the only time I use a list of everything that I've done is when I want to force you guys to spend more time with me. And like I did this, get upstairs and watch a movie with me.
Speaker 5: And there we are.
Speaker 2: I'm a, I'm a. I like time. I love time together.
Speaker 3: She's like, you've only spent eighteen hours to day with me.
Speaker 5: I need a few more.
Speaker 3: I need the day's not over.
Speaker 1: I got diagnosed with breast cancer last year, and my coworkers all made me food, the comfort.
Speaker 5: Of all things, comfort food.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 1: I was in a really bad car accident a few years ago and was trapped in my car. An old man who saw the accident manage to get in and sit next to me and just held my hand and comforted me until I was eventually cut out of my car.
Speaker 3: Wow, incredible that I'm going to tell you right now.
Speaker 6: I get claustrophobic, I get a whole lot of things, And if it would have just been me sitting in there, I would have.
Speaker 5: Had a pancy.
Speaker 1: Your mind runs wild, and if there's just a person who's willing to sit there and take your mind off of what's going on. I mean, I love reading these because I feel like in times like we're in right now, we need to talk about people who like still make a difference.
Speaker 2: One infertility.
Speaker 1: After spending forty five thousand dollars on IVF five times and seven EUIs, my mom helped us adopt our two boys by pulling from her retirement.
Speaker 2: She wanted babies just as bad as we did. Oh, Mama, the mama always pulls through.
Speaker 5: Hey, if a mom can be a grandma, it's.
Speaker 1: It's like a different form of love, mom said. I asked her, what what does it mean to you to like? What is the feeling that you get? She's like, I can't describe it. It would be like trying to describe the love a mom has to someone who hasn't yet experienced.
Speaker 2: Being a mom if they want to be a mom. She was like, you can't explain it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what she told me.
Speaker 6: She was like, the love I have for Ocean is just very different, yeah, but very Yeah.
Speaker 2: I loved all of those.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you guys for writing in and participating in our bonus episode. There were a lot of people who wrote in and that makes me extremely extremely grateful.
Speaker 2: I love you guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you for tuning into another episode to give.
Speaker 2: Them La La bonus episode. Landy, thank you for it was fun having.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: It was fun to be here. Go give, go, help do something.
Speaker 1: So amen, Amen, Easton, thank you for showing up again. You guys have the best week on the planet. I love you and I'm gonna catch you on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Bye bye,