Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, we're bad. We are black. We are ambition, ambition, ambition. Hey, mandra, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm self conscious about you now because I mean.
Speaker 1: Did you see that that that tweet when that someone was like I love what tificy starts wrapping the.
Speaker 2: B a qua our Friday b A Yeah, I was like, for real, I know, I look forward to it as well. Yeah, today I let you shine. I also feel self conscious about singing now because I'm so used to to Rio like yelling at me now. I don't know why that he's such a hater, but I can't. Let me try to sing. Let me try to, like say and imitate one of his favorite characters. It is a no mama, no stop mama. Sometimes he slaps me in the face, which I feel like is really special. Yeah, but no, you do a good job TOI never had to pay a cent for our music. I will live be free.
Speaker 1: What's new with you?
Speaker 2: How are things?
Speaker 1: Things are thanging? See something?
Speaker 2: I think that's the title of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks banging well. Actually, so, a friend of mine actually reached out to me like a week or so ago, and she was just sharing like her her grandmother sold like their family home that she had inherited from her grandmother for a dollar and so so one which I thought one thing that I was like, oh, these banks are terrible. So one when when she looked into it, it turns out that she was paying an interest only mortgage. I guess at one point she had taken money out the multi family house, had taken money out to renovate whatever, and they had her just paying interests only for years, literally tens of thousands gone, you know. So but thankfully, the smart thing that she was able to do was hold out because right now it's really hot in Jersey right now for purchasing homes. So they were able to sell the property for a significant amount of money, over a million dollars. So they were able to pay off the mortgage that the you know, the whatever loan they had taken out against the house. And she's left with basically a million dollars that's just sitting in a big bank savings account. And so my friend is kind of freaked out and it's like, what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 2: And she had inherited that for a dollar?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: How long has it been?
Speaker 1: I mean, the grandmother is in her seventies, her mid seventies, and so you assume, you know, maybe fifty years ago, you know, maybe because I'm assuming maybe she inherited from her grandmother when she was in her twenties or thirties, you know, and so it's been in their family for a long time. And so and I just said, well, she said, did we do the right thing by selling it? And I said, well, here's the thing we possibly could have done, is that you could have what is it called when you take money out of the house, not a home neckway line of c but a refy refinance and cash.
Speaker 2: Cash out refight mm hmmm, cash out REFI yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you know, so that could that was a possibility, you know, if you wanted to keep the house, and then you could take that money and then do other things with it. Maybe purchase another because that property was a multi family house, maybe purchase another property, you know, and you know you could have done that, but you know it's here now you sold the house. There's like a million dollars floating. Granny's in her seventies. And my friend was like, you know, everybody has obviously something to say, including the big bank where the money is of course, they're trying to get her to invest it with them so they can slowly drip away all her money because you know how that goes. Thankfully, Granny has all her her faculties in her and it's like no, so she doesn't know what to do. It's been like it's been a few months now, so it's just sitting in that savings account. My friend has been trying to, like, you know, help her, but she has every everybody in the family has something to say, and so Granny basically like, none of y'all rich, So how are you gonna tell me you do my money?
Speaker 2: That's fun thing. I was my friend that the budget needs to go, so.
Speaker 1: I'm actually gonna be meet up with her this week. She actually doesn't live far for me, which I was like, oh that's great, So I'm gonna meet up with her this week. I told my friend, at the very least to start with this is to you know, like to move the money to a high yield. You know, it's high yield the savings account that you can get. So at the very are we going to offset inflation now? But it's better than the zero points, the zero one percent that her big bank is getting her. You know, maybe you get two two and a half percent better than nothing. I said, if nothing else, I think you should be able to convince her to do that. And then but when I told him, I told my friend, I said, you know, I told her that, like, here's the thing, your your grandmother is not wrong like y'all want her to make all these fast moves. She actually is really smart, and that I'm not making any move until I decide, like what exactly that I'm doing. I said, she's actually right, that she's moving very slowly with this. And so next up, I told them that you should start to think about the team you're going to build. There should be some sort of financial team, because there are tax ramifications for this money. And so she actually, Granny's gonna be using Carlos. You know, Carlos are faved, so Carlos doose taxes for me and Mandy in our business. And so she's gonna be using Carlos, which is great, you know, I said, okay, because I trust Carlos implicitly. Second, I said, you know, because Grandy's in her seventies, you should also be thinking about estate planning, you know, And so God Willings shall be here another twenty years, but we don't know. So estate planning will help to figure out, well, what happens when I'm not here with this money. So I suggested my attorney, Tony Moore, who's amazing, you know, you know, Tony's my fave and so and then I said, third, and probably most important, a certified financial planner. And I explained the difference between a financial advisor, which is basically, anybody can be a financial advisor, but with a certified financial planner, you know, you have to pass pass a certain test, you have to be you work a certain number of years, you have to be a fiduciary. And so it's just a high tier of a financial advisor that you can get. And I suggested, because Granny does have some money, that you don't get a one that gets paid by percentage invested, that instead, it's a fee based one where you're just going to pay a fee, you know. And so he was like, okay, I said, so those are the three people on the team, and I said, you know, and so the two of them are good to go. The financial planner one is a little harder, so, you know, I use Angelie. She has a company called fit advisors, but Anjalie, as far as I know right now, is not. I emailed her, but as far as I know, she's not taking on new clients. But I did email her to ask if she can give a referral, you know. So that's one of the best ways if you're looking for a financial planner to like, you know, ask people who have financial planners, you know, how they like them and everything else. Like I interviewed Helen, so I had I interviewed like twenty financial planners when I was looking. So Helen was the one that came from Maddy. I know, I was really I was crazy, but like, but the top ones I came up with was Helen, your financial planner. Helen was excellent. I loved her. A Jalie And there was another woman named Amy, something around Amy Irving or something like that. So I didn't choose Amy because Amy only did individuals, but meaning like I needed somebody who also worked with people who had businesses, yeah, you know, And so Amy was like, oh, she's great, but she wasn't a fit for that. I was like, okay, out of the twenty I loved her, she wasn't a fit. But then then so between Helen and Angelie, and of course they know each other because honestly, the top people in the field always know each other, and they both like they're both awesome. I ended up choosing angel because there was something, oh you know what, because Angelie was not only a CFP as Certified Financial Planner, she was a CPA. She's a certified Public accountant as well. And I was yes, because we were going through and I'm still paying taxes from twenty eighteen because mistakes I made, so I needed help with her working on alongside my my accountant that I use, but also like looking at my finances, like my business finances and my personal finances and the tax stuff. So that is why I chose to lead, because I needed that text thing. So anyway, I say all that to say that like that's the team and so hopefully you know with that team because even with my friend, I didn't want to tell this to my friend, but I want to be like, girl, Granny is not wrong, becausis what do you like? This is not what you do. This is not what I even do. And I told because she wanted me to be the financial If I'm like, well that's not I'm not certified in that, you know, and your granny is right because you look, you're coming to me thinking that I can do a thing that I'm not capable of doing, you know, and I'm not. I'm not. I don't have the license to do. And so like, Granny's actually right, and hopefully with these three people on the team, they can help Granny choose what she wants to do. Because I'm not gonna lie. I don't think my friend listens to the Black Ghost sis. If you do, I'm sorry, girl, but not sorry. I'm not gonna lie. A lot of the choices that it south that the family is making is about like what's going to be best for all of us, which that's I understand, you know, and I'm not there's something wrong with that. But honestly, this is Granny's money, yeah, and she has to be prioritized above all else. So we have to make sure that Granny has a place to live, that she feels safe, that she never has to work again, that she's fine because she was getting she had the house was like a three or four family house, so she you know, she was getting income from that and living off of that, you know, as well as paying off the you know, the reverse mortgage they have tricked her into. And so that to me, when I talk with Granny is going to be my focus to say, here's my suggestion, which is here are the three people that are going to help you decide how best to get to what you want to happen. Now, if that's the least stuff for your grandkids or whatever, great, but if it's not, that's your business, you know. And so yeah, so it's just interesting that, like, you know, I was like, oh my gosh, it's I felt like real life brown ambision, you know, like, yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that. It's kind of like what happens. I mean, like, let's say I broke my foot and you know, a very particular kind of like bad injury. I would go to a general practitioner. Like that's the point when you want to find someone who is an expert in broken feet, Like what is that a doctor or podiatrist? I don't know, yeah, podiatiss But yeah, I mean you would be interviewing trying to find the best specialist because that is a serious, it's a big issue and you need a specific you need a specific, specific kind of expertise, and it's different than finding people who know a little bit about stuff, like maybe your general practitioner can refer you just like you did, Like you're kind of like a general practitioner here. You're referring her to the specialists who who live and breed this, who all they do is foot surgery day in and day out. That's who you want like operating on your foot.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like, I mean, regardless, sounds like she's in great hands that you'll get to sit with her. But I mean I almost was thinking about one point two million dollars sitting in a savings account. It's it's like way over that two hundred and fifty thousand dollars limit for coverage under FDIC insurance. So that's the point where you definitely want to, you know, if spread it, spread it among several bank accounts, unless you have a spouse and then you get like double the coverage, the double the coverage. But that was my first thought, like, Okay, we need to like spread this out.
Speaker 1: Some of this is that Granny's gonna be like, what all these accounts? So I'm gonna see when I be with her how she Because I said, like, you know, we're gonna start with this. And if I explain it to her and she because she's sound, she's sharp. So if I explain it to her that like, this is what you should do at bare minimum for now, but ideally you should do this, and she's like ooh, says say less, then you know we're gonna work on that. But if she's like, I'm not doing all that, baby, then I'm gonna be like, what at the very least, you know, put it here. Butever, I was, honestly I was thinking about that, like, oh, like it really should be like broken up. It's a pieces, but I don't know how open she's.
Speaker 2: She can handle it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right? And is it does?
Speaker 2: Is it separate accounts? I'm trying to think what all the particular requirements are. Is it up to each account at each institution or can you have multiple accounts and each account gets that same coverage the FDA C You know.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good question. I'm gonna look that in up.
Speaker 2: I used to know that like the back of my hand when that's what I did every day when I was at a content director for a financial brand, Like we would write those really nuanced like the only there' shit that people want to google. And so I used to know that, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't know here it is. I'm on FDIC dot gov. So the standard assured the standard insurance amount is two hundred and fifty thousand dollars per depositor, per insured bank, per each account. Yeah, for each account ownership category. Okay. The FDIC provides separate covers for deposits holls in different accounts. Oh, different account ownership count So it might be that it could be a checking and a saving. That's what it's sounding like. And a's CD yeah, yes, yeah, oh see, Okay, here it is again. So from the FDI c as well, the FDIC adds up all single accounts owned by the same person at the same bank and insures the total up to two fifty. So the FDI is like, you can have six Sames accounts, but you tried it. That's not how that goes if you're going to have to have six different things.
Speaker 2: So we all know, mo money more problems, granny, yes, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I mean, here's what I'm happy about. That Grant is not gonna have to work anymore and they should just all breathe this.
Speaker 2: That's the key. And one point two million is is a lot of money. But when you have another twenty something years and I know Granny takes care of herself and I'm sure she does her walks and she's very healthy, you need like that's that's just enough. I feel like if you do it right, yep, but if you do it wrong, that can disappear. Like it makes me think of then that documentary that you know, your documentary that you were filmed, then get smart with money streaming on Netflix now the top forty of all Netflix New movies anyway. That Ross Mack his makeover person, well I forget his name, but he was a football player, Tease. His name is Tease, the football player who like got those you know, million dollar contracts in the NFL and then just was like, oh dang, A couple of chains, a couple houses later and he had like barely anything left, you know. So yeah, that's what we don't want for Granny.
Speaker 1: Because I was thinking I was thinking that too. I was like, I don't know that there's gonna be a lot left over for you if that's what you're wanting. I just like, you know, a million doesn't do what it used to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need to have to just take a lesson from Granny and you know, maybe invest in some real estate and hold on to it for fifty years.
Speaker 1: I know. Granny's like, I don't know about y'all, but we I'm gonna be I I said, I can't wait to meet here and I'll give you like an update. I have a feeling that she's sassy because she sounds like he's sassy. You know. I feel like old black women get to that point where they're like, I say what I want. I love the fact she's saved y'all. Y'all know so much about money, Why y'all ain't rich? I was like, she's my kind of lady.
Speaker 2: I bet they're still going to get those birthday cards that have like a single five dollar bill in it. Be like, damn it, Granny, how do you think she became a millionaire exactly? You know? Yeah, speaking of which, I have a two thousand dollars savings bond that my grandma gave to me still waiting for me somewhere in Georgia that I need to claim. It came up in like one of the you know, like those you can go to unclaimed property websites, and I found out my uncle had done that for her estate, like she's been passed now for over ten years, and he's like, Mandy, are you gonna come get this, And I'm like, ah, yeah, I need to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those things are that's a great We have to we have to find a link for that, because I found I was old. I got the first check for like one hundred and eighty and then apparently when I lost my house to the foreclosure, there was a there was a balance between what I paid and what the house was so or something to that effect, and it was like nine hundred dollars, and so I have to get the check for that. I found. I couldn't believe. And here's the thing. I had checked that unclaimed whatever. I can't remember the name of the website. I had checked it some years back. That wasn't on there. So I guess years later there finally was some sort of reconciliation and I'm old, like, nine hundred dollars from Chase Bank, you owe me. Matter of fact, I go speak for them Detroit next week. I said to be like, can I just get home put that on top of the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man, that's great. Yeah, we're gonna put that in the show link. We'll find the right link. It's something like Unclaimed Funds dot go or something something like that. But that's a good reminder that there may be money out there for you guys. All right, Well in Mandy money Land, I am very very excited and Tiff, like, you're going to be in the hot seat on this week's B a Q and A episode, y'all. Last week, Tif got to pepper me with her questions about negotiating her rates. This week, as a baby business owner, I get to ask tiffany lots and lots of questions too. But I had offline tip Tiff, and I already I'm already like peppering her with those types of questions. So Tiff helped me with my epiphany about this webinar that I wanted to hold because I had been thinking of I've been doing and I've done three webinars so far, and I always want to like pack a lot of value into them, but I feel like I'm just like covering so much and the themes are very broad. So Tiff, I know we were talking and you helped me just focus in and talk about negotiating. So and then one SiZ start to just focus my teaching and my methods just on salary negotiation. I got so excited and that free free masterclass nailed and nail your negotiation. It's going to be next Tuesday, September twenty seven at eight pm Eastern. Seating is limited. I just announced it last night, so this was Sunday night. We're recording on Monday, and already over two hundred people have signed up. There's only going to be five hundred live seats, y'all. And my goal is to get fifteen hundred registered because not everybody is gonna, you know, show up, because we know how y'all be anyway. So I already see just based on the fact that already two hundred have registered, and that's just for me emailing my list and posting a little bit on my stories, like I'm like, okay, tif Noel the thing or two tif No' is the project about specificity just a little fifteen years in the game.
Speaker 1: Now, now here's a question what if I was going to register? Where do I where do I go to register with?
Speaker 2: You're gonna love this?
Speaker 1: You see what I'm doing to you. I'm not talking man to get that damn domain.
Speaker 2: Man, get that domain, you can go to nail your negotiation dot com see you.
Speaker 1: For ten dollars. You make it easy for people to find it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's a negotiation with the S.
Speaker 2: Or no S. Nail your negotiation. Don't do the said an S at the end of Kroger's. There's no S on the end of Kroger, y'all, So just nail your negotiation.
Speaker 1: Of course, the link will be in the show notes description in case you don't notice my negotiation, which is fine.
Speaker 2: It was just fine, yes, But if you don't, you got bigger problems and what my webinar can call. But it is and I've yeah, I'm so damn excited. It's a five step method to feel more confident, get the money that you deserve, and never leave money on the table when you're negotiating. Again, it's a strategy that I have used my whole career to ten x my income from three hundred from thirty K to three hundred K. And it's also the methods that I have been teaching over a year now to the clients that I work with through my coaching services. So I've never ever done a negotiation. Only webinar and if you're there live, I'm actually going to give you a free guide that's brand new. It's a free guide to calculate your target salary, which is a very common question that I get. Yeah, and I'm like, let me just put together here's how I thought about it mathematically through my career. How do you actually target your salary when you see what the market rates are and you know what you're making, and then how do you kind of go in there knowing the number that you have. So if you come live and again seats are limited, nail yournegotiation dot com to get your seats. If you come live, you will get that freebie. So I hope to see you guys there. I'm so excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, here's here's here's the BIS. Like if we do this is what I do for when I talk to about mentees, right, so like this is the I call it. Like I'm sharing, like pulling back the curtain of the back end of this. Like, so, what the thing Minnie and I talked about is she was like she was over delivering in her webinar and she was like, well, if I do all of that, you know, then what will I teach? Like you know, with the like my mentees, her mentees, her Mandy money makers, and we just talked about that, like the key to a really great like free class is one to make sure that you teach something to its completion, because there is this weird thing that people do where let's just say, you're like, I'm going to have a credit webinar, Like I have a credit webinar, right, I'm gonna have a credit webinar, but I'm only gonna there's five five ways to raise your credit score. I'm only teaching it too. It's like, that doesn't I don't like I call that a gotcha, gotcha and I don't like that, you know. So instead I was like, I'm gonna teach you if I in my credit webinar, I'm gonna teach you everything I know about credit. And then but I also know I have an online school where we teach credit and debt and budgeting and saving, and so it's like, even though you're getting all things credit, it doesn't mean that I'm devaluing what people who are paying for the school are getting, you know, because to me, the purpose of the webinar, of a really good webinar is someone should be able to walk away fully feeling like I learned the complete lesson. If I do buy something else from you later, not like well why should I pay for this because it was free over here? You know that the complete lesson is part of a greater whole. So for those of you in businesses and you have like a service, and your service in some way is to educate the masses, just keep that in mind that it is okay to fully give something away as long as part of a greater hole. Like you know, you give away all the apples because you know you have like seven other different types of fruit. And what it lets people know is if this apple is so good, I for sure want to shop at your market because I need bananas, I need pears and need so I just like, you know, like that was just something that like I've learned over so many years of like I've been doing webinars now for like ten years, and you know, you learn that lesson of like I used to teach every single lesson. I was like, wait, if I give all this way for free, what they're gonna do with the academy and then how much do I do when it comes to credit? I just I love when someone takes a webinar of mine and says, I literally raise my credit score because of it. And sometimes people will take a webinar and never buy anything from me, you know, they never assigned for academy, they never buy a book. And that's okay because if your if your desired outcome is to reach into teach, then do that. Some people will additionally get other things, not everyone, but I'm okay with that because my you know, my desired outcome is to reach into teach. So just keep that in mind. For those of you who have businesses, would that makes sense for him take that little GM. So I'm just proud of me because we were talking about it back and forth, and just like, I'm just so glad that she's honing in on that because she teaches so much more than that, but it's such a valuable chunk of like what she teaches, so am out here.
Speaker 2: I think I'm mormonal because I'm just getting misty. No, but I know I love that you said that too, because and the thought that went into this is and I kind of explain this, if you're on an email list, you can sign up in anybody dot com. But the thought that went into this is Yes, I have done it myself. I have ten x my salary. I have become an expert negotiator for myself for the past year and a half that I've been doing coaching. That was me proving that I could teach it. That was me proving that other and would benefit from hearing how I did it, and that I could I could create a method that could work for many more people than just me. And that's the point, Like, I'm not happy until every woman of color out there, first and foremost is feeling more confident and able to ask for more at the negotiating table. So I love that. Yes, the mission, the mission is to reach and then teach, and I you know, I spent the past year and a half and I have the testimonials and the receipts to prove that I know what I'm talking about. And it's not just something and that should inspire everyone. It's not just something that you can say, well, that's Mandy, you know, she's this, she's that, she had this, she had that. No, like, I'm boiling it all down and I am specifically talking about the method that will help you negotiate more confidently and actually actually get first of all, position yourself to get the juicy offers. People think that it's all about negotiating when you get to the table, but you have to actually get to the table. So when you talk about what else is there to be taught, it's about that journey to the table that I think people skip. And that's all what I'm about. That's like your professional brand and your interviewing skills and developing rare unique value that you can sell. So all of that is what I'm sort of covering on a much larger grander scale through Mandy money Makers. But in this specific webinar, we're talking about negotiating and you're talk about.
Speaker 1: Business enough, Like I just thought about that because in vaq, like if you don't, if you don't listen to Baqwa, you probably don't get it to hear us talk chat about business stuff. I think we should integrate that more into like our brand ambition CHET because I was just thinking of it, Like, you know, we we don't talk about business. I mean we we it's almost strictly personal finance, which is great and we will continue. But there's so many of you who are thinking about starting your business, have a business, are not really sure, and I'm like, you know, it would be great for us to include some that chat. Now. If you like it, we love it. Let us know. Send us some you know, an email at brandebischionpocast at gmail dot com, you know, send us a message on Instagram on Twitter, you know, like if you're like, yes, I would love you to talk about some business things as well as financial things, you know, during Briannavision, not just be a QA Fridays, because yeah, this's just I just think that, like, one of the best ways to secure your finances in your financial future, one of the best ways, not the only, because certainly could do it through a nine to five. One of the best ways is business because especially if I'm being honest as a woman of color, you know, there's so many places where people tell us no. But in your own business, you know, you get to tell yourself yes, you know what I mean. Are there still hindrances and things that hold back, Absolutely, but I have way more space and freedom to make a way versus waiting for someone to see me, you know. And I'm definitely not poop pulling on jobs because I had a job longer than I didn't have a job, and it was helpful to where I am now. And everyone's not built to have a business, and businesses are very stressful and you're gonna work way more that whole if you love what you do, you never work a day and you're like, it's a lie, it's a lie. I love being a budget of these day and I work every day, you know. So I'm certainly not saying businesses is better, but it gave me a more of an opportunity to make wealth that I would not have normally had the direction that I was going in. And so I think we'll just have more chatbat about that because I think it's important for our listeners who are even just thinking about it to hear that that that chat and here are our early archejectory and story.
Speaker 2: So my nine to five career was my venture capital fund for my business exactly. That was the seed money. I wasn't spending, as I mean, yeah, I was spending, but I was always saving for freedom and when I you know what I mean. So that gave me the freedom to then you know, launch my own launch my own business venture. And I'm so exciting, but yeah, I wouldn't have had that without my nine to five, So shout out to you payroll and the paychecks. I still miss them. I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: Girl who doesn't, because they're coming radically given Now, fifteen years later, there'll be a month where was like, al Tiffany, here, here's six figures, and then the next month zero.
Speaker 1: So it please, it's it's.
Speaker 2: It's a whole episode about net sixty and how I those are my two least favorite words.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I try to do fifteen thirty because you literally there'll be so much for you, like everything hitting, and it's like, yeah, nothing hits this month, so yeah, just but we're gonna have more chat about that. Do you want to do? Do you want to take a quick break? And I know we've been chatting for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's take a quick break and be right back with your brown Boost brown break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now it's time to boost a break with all our family. Okay, is she going boost? Is she going break? What you're gonna do? What you're gonna do? Mandy, Mandy, Mandy Man.
Speaker 2: That was like a combo of all the brown boots. Damns. I like that. That's like the remix. I'm gonna boost, I'm gonna boost the queen the goat, the real queen that we should all be talking about, Viola Damn Davis and her film, her starring, multi million dollar earning movie that just came not this weekend called The Woman King. I heard that it was number one at the box office. Yeah, so I'm so damn excited. I am desperate to go see it. I had agreed with some like other women in the neighborhood who I'm friends with, to go see it like a couple of weeks from now, but I don't tell them I'm going to go see it tomorrow because I don't want to be the one who hasn't seen it yet, you know, like I got fomos. So that's the beauty of working from home. I'm going to go see it tomorrow. But I'm so damn excited because y'all know what happens if movies that you know, for women that look like the women this is all like dark skinned, powerful women not being the objects you know that are that are taken advantage of or victimize. They are the warriors, they are the winners. Plus it's based on a true story. Like the fact that this movie is doing so well, it bodes so much. It's bodes so well for you know, black female led films in the future. So if you haven't gone to see it, please go support this film, and not just because you you know, feel that like a bit of obligation. The reviews are in and the reviews are phenomenal, like a a score on Cinema Score, like fans are loving it. Everyone I know who has seen it has loved it. So it looks really spectacular and I can't wait to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a little flex. I went to one of my friends, Stanley owns this really great African restaurant in Harlem called Taurannga. So he hit me up, was like, Hey, We're having a forty person dinner with the director of the film and some of the I know and some of the the actresses from the film. And I was like, oh my gosh, it's not gonna got to be there. He's like, you tried it now, but the director will be here. And it was amazing. The food was they they What I loved was is that Stanley made because normally his chef is a is an African man his head chef, but he specifically chose an African woman who was amazing, and she made authentic African food across the diaspora, like food from benin Nigeria, food from Liberia, food from Ghana. Synically, it was. It was so many courses and so delicious, and I felt like I almost teared up because she served Okra soup, which is like such an Ebo. So I'm Nigerian, but I'm Ebo such an Ebo staple and like that's one of like my mom my favorite things and my momkes So I was like, oh my god. I felt like I was sitting at home because Okra soup is not something that you like get at a restaurant necessarily, you know. It's like the thing that like it's like Peter buturn and jelly, you know what I mean, Like you're not gonna order Peter and jelly from restaurant, but it's a.
Speaker 3: Home, you know.
Speaker 1: So I was just like, oh my gosh. It's just it was this room full of like beautiful brown and Black people from the diaspora from all different walks of life, you know, just like celebrating the film. It's just felt amazing to be in the room. And so yeah, I'm excited to see it too, so that's for us. So I'm gonna do a mini boost and then a bigger boost. So mini boosts. I don't know if y'all have been seeing it, but my skin has been growing okay, And I was like, what is going on? Because I mean, I'm not really one of that out anyway, but I'm never I wasn't really giving you velvety salt. I was just giving you every day, you know, day to day. But the other day my makeup artist was like, why do you have foundation on already? Because I was like, I forget what I was getting my face made for some TV thing and I was like, girl, I don't And I said, you're the second makeup artist this month that told me that, and she was like, well, who's the first. I thought I was making bars I'm my girl. I was in Atlanta and so she was like, no, Tiffany, what do you do with your skin? And I was trying to figure out what it was because I don't nothing different. And then my sister Carol came over yesterday and I was like, greener skins, looking great. And Carol has been taking zinc and because she she she was she kept getting these cold because she's got kids in school, so you know, her her son is like seven, her daughter's five. So you're, you know, coming home with everything and so everything but your winter jacket, right, you don't even kids just be leaving everything at school, but they bring every disease home. Where's your coat? And so she said that she like, my mom's a nurse. So my mom was like, you know, zinc is like a I guess it's a reparative compound, you know, Like so when you like when even when I had gotten COVID, one of the things that everyone told me to take was like zinc, vitamin C blah blah blah. So she was taking it and she noticed her skin was looking amazing. So she googled it and found that lots of boxers take zinc because it is a reparative I guess compound and it brings your so you know, boxes get hit in the face, skin, skin gets broken, so it helps to make your skin like repair faster. And so when I was thinking about it, like, I was like, well, I haven't taken zinc since like, you know, COVID left. But then I realized because Tracy was like, even though you're black, you walk every day, tiffany where your sunscreen? Where your sunscreen? And I was like fine, And the only sunscreen I had was this zinc based sunscreen that gives you the white cast. And I was like, well, girl, these people are just gonna have to see me out here looking like a ghost. But so literally I was been slathering it all my face and taking my two hour walks, and I was like, that's what. After doing some research, I found it's the zinc that zinc especially is reperative to skin, and it's the reason why, like if you have any baby, if you if you look at what when you look at under diaper rash cream number one ingredients zinc zinc.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I was like, I'm rolling up. It's literally called butt paste.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so yeah. So honestly, I mean it's it's the zinc. I'm not taking like, you know, zinc oily because I'm like, girl, I can't do pills. I hate them unless I actually have to. But I'm like, it's really just they gonna get this white cast when I walk. That's what that just means. And make sure you get your face and your neck and so so, because there are some you know, certainly there are some sunscreens that don't have zinc in it, you know, but I found out from like my dermatosis. She's she's a black woman, and she said, oftentimes a lot of these sunscreens that they share, you know, specifically for black and brown people who don't want the white cast. She was like, I hate to say, you're not getting the full coverage and necessary, she said, because the white casts from the zinc is what's blocking. She said, not that they don't work at all, but it's that ugly white cat that's blocking. She's like, I know it feels.
Speaker 2: So she was like, sun hat too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she was just like, so I realized. So honestly, I just say that to say, when I tell you the zinc in it, my skin just looks like I'm where, I'm not very anything on my face right now. If you're on YouTube, I'm rubbing my face and be like, you know, and so I'm just like, I can't believe my skin is just low thanks zinc. That's my brown because you know us brownies, because everybody could use a velvety sauce. So that's one, and then two, A bigger one is that so many black and brown women who have their own businesses that have done really well have been reaching out to me lately. I was just shocked. I've been doing conferences and they'll hit me up later, and they are over the hustle, hustle, hustle, make it at any cost culture. And I'm just so happy about that because just a few years ago, everyone was like Bigger is better, more is more. And when I tell you, like the level of women that have been reaching to be women who have made millions, some women who've made tens of millions, and they were like, Tiffany, you seem not to be stressed like you were a few years ago. When I'm at you, what's happening? And I just have been like, honestly, I just have decided I after Drew passed away, I just said I don't want to live in that space anymore, like more for more, like cause what was I really working toward? I mean, I still wear my target's best, you know what I mean. Like I'm not trying to buy a Lamborghini. There's nothing wrong with Lamborghini, but I don't need one. So you have enough to actually not work anymore, So why are you still working like you need to work?
Speaker 2: So hard, you know.
Speaker 1: And so I actually was talking to my friend Mark this morning, who's been an entrepreneur as long as I have, and he said, tell me what your ten thirty looks like, and I could tell you a little bit more about your life and what stayed you're in.
Speaker 2: You're ten thirty am.
Speaker 1: Yep, m hm at ten o'clock, ten thirty am. And he was like, I mean, aside you have kids. If you have kids, sorry for you, but you know, I meaning like it looks like I just dropped the babies off, but meaning like, what are you doing with that time? Like, are you at your job? Are you like, like, are you hustling still hard in ear of your business? Which is nothing wrong with that, but he said, I can tell you what stage where you're at, you know. And so five or six years ago, my ten thirty was like I was already up by four or five, you know, starting to get work in and by ten thirty I was probably on my sixth call. And Tiffany now at ten thirty is likely watering the flowers in the front of her house, you know, and so like, and I'm basically I'm working toward what does my ten thirty look like? On average, like, that's what I'm working toward. I realized is that, like, and it's okay, that's not what it is.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: My sister Tracy just started her pr business, like you know, two years ago. Her ten times is not going to look like that. She's still in the early stages of business. But keeping that in mind that like, what do you want your ten thirty two look like? So you're not just working for working for working for working sake, you know what I mean? And so the fact that so many women, especially black women, have been reaching out to me who have accomplished the financial desire that they wanted to accomplish, and they really, why am I still working so hard? I want to spend more time with my kids. I want my ten thirty to look too, you know. I just it just warms my heart because that was not the conversation that we're being had years ago.
Speaker 2: It was just more privilege. Yeah, I feel super privileged myself to be surrounded by people who think like you because I've pre learned that I never want to reach out breaking point. That's my goal, like just baking the boundaries. Now have the have the huge blocks on my calendar. One of the more. One of the most powerful keynotes at fin Con was by Bernadette Joy. If you guys don't follow her, she has a podcast called Crush Your Crush Your Money Goals, and one of her most she put a screenshot of her schedule on the screen and this, I feel like, is the new like what you're talking about, the new mindset of being a business owner. And it was like Monday blocked out, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday open, Friday blocked out, you know, and having these boundaries and I'm like, yep, that feels like my calendar. This feels super affirming. So if it can't happen with these boundaries in place, that I need to you know, that I need to move things. It's not my schedule that's a problem, you know, it's the business model, or it's the way that I'm strategizing, or like let me get Tip on the phone and ask her what I can do.
Speaker 1: Like there are moments of surge and that's okay. So for example, when I was pushing Netflix for like two weeks, it was crazy. It was like go go go, go, go go go. But this today I spoke to Logan, I said, you know, we're no longer in launch mode. It's been two weeks, so crazy. We're back to Hey, girl, get off my calendar. I told Logan, you're on my calendar. I expect a PowerPoint and I gloss because that means it is over. Yes, I'm gonna be sitting with you. I was telling Mark, I said, you know, the only thing that's consistent on my calendar is Brown Ambition. That's it. Everything else is like, oh, I might have this meeting this Wednesday, but then the next Tuesday. Brown Ambition is the only weekly thing that's on my calendar every single week. Isn't that just a ma like there's nothing else. It was like not to say I don't have meetings, but it's not every Wednesday I meet with such as every Tuesday I meet with that. That's how my life is to be yes, every and now it's like, no, you have Brown Ambition, and everything else comes and goes. I don't work Wednesdays. I don't work Fridays unless something super special comes up, like you know, I'm traveling to like speak at a conference, whatever, which doesn't happen as often. I don't work Wednesdays. I don't have those days are blocked off and I don't work weekends. You know, those days are blocked off unless, like I said, I'm traveling for you know business, which I said does maybe it's a few times a year that happens. And it's okay if you want to work Wednesdays or Fridays or whatever. Because one of the things I want to do next year, should I say it now? Yeah, I'm going to say, is that I want to do something start that I want to call wealth Walks. And because we're I think I really like as I like connecting with my dream catchers in person. And so although I guess on paper it's like looks like work, but not for me. I want to literally just fly out and be like, oh, I'm coming to you know, buckhead who wants to meet me at the local park. And because I love walking and I love talking about Monday, So how do I combine those two things and I love connecting with dream catchers. Let's meet at this park. Bring a blanket, a book bag, a sandwich, and a water bottle, and we're just going to walk and talk about money for maybe like thirty minutes, forty five minutes, find a grassy knoll, sit, eat our sandwich, and just KEI key, Like, honestly, that's what I'm going to be doing next year, flying out and I'm excited, you know, I'm so excited about it. And what literally and what I love about it is that like I don't want anything for I just I just want to I want to connect because I went to invest best and part of me is like, Tiffany, are you missing out because you don't want to have a conference? And I said, because, I said, what is it about this that you like? I said, I love the connection? I said, what is it that you don't like? I said, I don't. I don't like I can't imagine how much work this is. And I don't like this super hyperstructure of this, you know not. I mean I loved it for them, but for me because I could have been had a conference. I'm not interested in that, you know, but I do want that connection. And I said, girl, do these wealth walks like you love? Connecting with dream catchup. I'm honestly so excited about it to be like wooh, so I'll be coming to a city near you. Literally, that's all I know. Like, I don't you know, people like, well when and now I'm like, I don't know I'll figure out. I'll just be like I'll post it on social or something and just be like, hey, I'm gonna be here if you want to take a walk with me. And it might even be like we're red so I know it's you, or we're blue so I know it to you or something, so we can all meet up and see each other and then that's literally walk and talk about money and then and then after that just talk because you know, as women are apt to do, not the same men. I'm not gonna be allowed because I don't know how y'all do. You can even bring the kids, which I love, like bring the babies in a stroll, you know I love me a baby or don't or don't. I'm just saying, if you done.
Speaker 2: That home so you can enjoy take her from my mama, who guys recently unlocked the magic of doing things by her damnself.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying, if you wanted to, I wouldn't be a pot because I know some women don't have the option, and I don't want that to be the reason. But yeah, so I just share all that to say that, like my big brown boost is that there is a shift happening, which I love overall, where people are like saying, I'm not willing to work myself to the bone. There has to be a better way, and people are actively seeking that better way and it really makes me happy.
Speaker 2: So are we quite quitting our businesses? That's awesome? Oh, warm and fuzzies. I can't wait for your wealth walks. And if you go to Atlanta, I'm just a girl. You better it's going to be a mob. It's going to be people are gonna be like, what's happening. There's five hundred women work like on a grass, you know, with peanut butter and jelly.
Speaker 1: I know I'm going to see like I am the matrix.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wait, I'm like, do I have to get a like a I don't think so right to go for a walk? I'm like, do I have to get like we you know, one of those things? What those things are like? You have to get like permission? I don't even know, but yeah, close right, if you plan.
Speaker 2: I've heard such good thing. I want to go in like a nature walk in Idaho or like Montana. Do you ever do something like that like a retreat? Please invite me because it's like that, Yeah, I want to get away in the mountains and just like.
Speaker 1: Yes, I would love that, cause honestly, they do that. Girl Trek does that and they go to Colorado and it's so epic and amazing. Yeah, I can see the Wealth Walk growing to something like that where it's like, Okay, now it's actually just a retreat someplace beautiful, and yes we talk about money, but we really just to get to WUSA and just hang out with each other. I could see it growing to see that I would do like a conference where it's like I'm on the stage and all my stage people are here. I don't want that, but like a retreat where we get to just hang out and just be like HUSA and share how we're scared about our budget or how we don't know how to invest in all those types of things. And certainly they're talks and chats about that, but it's more more so to just like reconnect and reset so you can make the decisions you need to make about your overall financial holeness. Like I can see myself doing a retreat, you know, over a conference. So so yeah, but we'll see. For now it's just Wealth Walk. So we're like let's not get ahead of ourselves. We just gonna do some free wealth walks in the park.
Speaker 2: It's certainly from a place of authenticity is always the key, right, So what fits you authentically and fits your spirit and that just that just leads to and the business the profits come. You know what I mean. That's what I'm learning by watching you and by watching others as well, and that's what I hope to hope to emulate.
Speaker 1: Thanks Man's Run, Thank you to all right, y'all, it's a good show.
Speaker 2: You ready to get grilled?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if you have, if you're not listening to b a q A Hello and two days, you know, if you're listening to this on Wednesday, ba Qua lands every Friday right wherever you're listening to this, come on over, Come on over baby. So me and Mandy have been doing this thing where last time I grilled Mandy about all things negotiating. And I feel really good about it because I've been able to use like I bought your negotiating. I don't know if you saw my little purchase behind.
Speaker 2: The things I bought, there were so many I might have noted. Is Mandy scripts mandymoneyscripts dot com right.
Speaker 1: So I bought it. And then but honestly, the information that Mandy gave me last time, literally I took notes, and I've had to have some really hard conversations this past week. And when I tell you, helped tremendously. I just felt really good about it. I'm like, I did it. I did it, and I increased my rates right away, so you'd be proud of me. I did my homework that you gave me. My rates are been double for speaking I sent them out. That was genius that you told me to send them out a prior. I you know, I had my my agents send out my new rates since people are gonna be working on their finances now and for next year, and I'm ready to have the tough conversations which I've been having already, and so it was just it was just a great baqa. If you didn't listen to it last week, you should listen to it, because man, hey gave me some really great advice about negotiating, you know, beyond just like at your career, but even just like me as a business woman. And so this week, man I'm in the hot seat. Man is gonna be asking me a ton of questions, and then maybe the week after that, we want to get you guys to put us in the hot seat. You could come on here live with us and ask us questions about business, career and personal finances. So see y'all in a couple of days. If you're listening to this on Wednesday, see.
Speaker 2: Y'all at the BAQA. Bye bye, Hey ba fan. We could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the scenes. The Brown Emission podcast is produced by Cumulus Podcast Network. It's edited by the wonderful Imani Crosby and produced by Tanya Bustos. Dennis Stimplinsky is our in house tech guru, and I am Bandy Woodard Santos, your co host, and I will see y'all next week.