Speaker 1: Oil.
Speaker 2: Oh, boy boys, it's one more thing.
Speaker 3: I'm strong Andy.
Speaker 1: Two different thoughts slash topics about young men, one serious, one seriously stupid. The first one I thought this is pretty good. I've been sitting on it for a while. It's seeking to explain some of the young men nihilist alt right angry you know whatever Croyper thing.
Speaker 3: Did you see that video over the weekend of Nick Fuintes and some of those other well known influencers of that whole super aggressive male Nazi thing, And they're riding on a bus. They're going out partying and listening to the Kanye West Hyle Hitler song. Did you see that?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's really arming. So they posted it themselves. They're playing the Kanye West hil Hitler and they're all smiling and laughing and waving their hands in the air about how cool that is that they're Nazis singing the Nazi song.
Speaker 2: They are human rage bait ah yes, correct, and engagement bait.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, here is and to the extent that it's not that the people, the young men particularly who are into it and follow that. I'm I don't just want to yell at them that you're stupid. I would like to understand them. Ah so, and this is uh, let's see, this is just a short part of a long reflection on the Trump coalition and why it's cracking up a bit. And this are this author takes a look at different, you know, aspects of the support for Trump and and he turns his attention to your Nick Fuentes Tucker Carlson thing in the Heritage Foundation Delio. And he writes this, many observers still imagine this America First Revolt as a spontaneous bottom up development, young men alienated by economic and cultural collapse simply discovering isolationism and conspiratorial politics on their own. That story is half true at best. Here's where he gets to his point, what's actually happening in What's actually happened is simpler and more deliberate. For two decades, progressive institutions racialized every public discourse, taught an entire generation of boys that their skin color made them inherently suspect, and demonized the traditional markers of male identity, strength, duty, faith, family, nation as forms of toxic oppression. The result was not a political movement, but a wide spread kind of non coherent mood of distrust, and he numbers the aspects of it. One nothing works anymore. Two the system is rigged. Three the people in charge hate us and always will.
Speaker 2: Four.
Speaker 1: Everything they tell us to care about democracy abroad, allies, global leadership is just another way to bleed the country dry. That mood is real, it is raw. It is also politically malleable. I think about myself if I had been raised and schooled in that getting that message and that you know, that environment, it would end it very very badly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Because you know, if you if somebody keeps telling you over and over again, you should be upset and miserable because look at the way you're being treated, even though the reality is you live in a perfectly fine house. You got plenty of food, you're healthy, you got all the things that human beings have wanted forever. But if somebody constantly told you no, no, no, there's somebody else with more and they're keeping you from having it, Yeah, you could you you would do would twist you.
Speaker 1: Well, what about the part that I was just saying though, that you're told your piece of crap because you're masculine, and especially if you're.
Speaker 2: White, your entire life or would that leave you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, even if it's not well, if somebody's telling you that all the time, yeah, it's gonna it's gonna get into your system.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and yeah, oh my god, did we.
Speaker 1: Fall asleep at the switch letting our education system become that?
Speaker 2: Anyway, the.
Speaker 3: Aspect of the Nick Fuentes thing in that he doesn't have sex and all that is just so weird to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that that responds to the sexual aspect of what I was just talking about, what I was just reading about, where you know, any if you if you you know, put your hand on top of a girl's hand, that's sexual.
Speaker 2: Assault unless you've gotten her permission.
Speaker 1: And women have become militantly progressive and the rest of it, and so.
Speaker 3: And you could be discovering and kicked out of college based on her word with no uh, no investigation or anything like that, and even.
Speaker 2: Though it turns out she's a psycho batch or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah cycle wow, the technical term the uh so you would you would say the same thing about sex as you would about democracy abroad, allies, global leadership.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 1: It's it's I don't care about that because everybody who's been pushing that's a liar and says I'm a piece of crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean clearly it's true to a certain extent. Because we know the statistics on people coupling and having sex. It's just surprising to me. I mean, you can convince me that there's global this or that, but man, my desire to get some is like in my genes. You got to overcome that, right, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the emotional beatings, because that's what the school system has been for young men, particularly young white men, It's been an emotional beating over and over again, that that might be enough to you know, end your sex drive.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we did the experiment. We've seen the result.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree. Yeah. So two things.
Speaker 1: Number one, I apologize we should have been better. And number two, I wonder if this generation will be written about like the Lost Generation and various notable generations young men through history. Almost certainly, Yeah, it'll be robots doing the writing, thanks to Elon and the crowd.
Speaker 3: But youah, add in some porn addiction and a couple other things, and then it just gets it gets bad fast.
Speaker 2: Mmm mmmm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's the serious part, and it depressed the crap out of me. Here's the less serious part, although it's also uneffing believable. I'm sure you've looked that. You followed this, You've seen the articles the boys breaking their bones to be hotter. In online forums for looks Maxers, teenage boys share tips on how to get jacked, sharpen your jawline, and suppress your appetite with meth.
Speaker 3: My son, my youngest, was talking about the whole jawline thing when he was like nine, has like, I'd never heard of the concept of a jaw line when I was a little tiny kid, and who's got the right jaw line and all that sort of stuff that's not Yeah.
Speaker 1: Gabriel Blank was thirteen when he became obsessed with improving his looks, and at fifteen or sixteen, he started doing facial exercises he'd learned about in YouTube videos that are facial exercise promised to give him a more contoured face.
Speaker 2: Katie, your hipped at all.
Speaker 1: This right now?
Speaker 4: These are being pushed all over social media in these different rubber balls you can bite on that make your cats.
Speaker 2: And let me get just real quick.
Speaker 1: A few years later, he started bone smashing another technique he'd learned online, which involved hitting himself in the face with a hammer one minute in each place every day, in an effort to create microfractures.
Speaker 2: In his jaw line and cheekbones.
Speaker 1: The bones were supposed to get bigger as they healed, giving him a more chiseled look.
Speaker 2: Quote. I got a permanent swelling, he told me. But it looked good.
Speaker 3: So uh. We don't like criticizing children, but I feel like a human that hits themselves in the face with a hammer. I don't know that's a.
Speaker 2: Well, it's that the crime is its own punishment.
Speaker 3: Well, and I just there's gotta be a Darwin thing there at some level, isn't it. You're a person that hits themselves in the face with a hammer.
Speaker 1: By the way, this guy I'm quoting his well known twenty five year old Swedish influencer, Okay, he started doing Massi jumps, named for a tribe of towering East African herders.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: The only thing the twenty five year old Swedish influencer does regret is the time he injected the bottoms of his heels with highluronic acid.
Speaker 2: To make himself taller.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I give up, so yeah, mean too. Tell me more about these facial exercises, because my head, as everyone knows, is round as a basketball. It's like a perfect sphere that usually can only be created in space.
Speaker 1: But it's A Mexican drug dealer once called you not only Charlie Brown, but mister clean.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: This is true, this is true. What are some of these faces exercises?
Speaker 1: Oh? You know, I was sneezing uncontrollably. I hit my hir called to cough button. But they certainly will work well for sneezing. I wanted to finish the injecting his heels thing. It basically created a big like round thing in my heels. From what I could gather, the treatment was like implanting high heels in the soles of your foot.
Speaker 2: Quote. I was walking on my tippy toes a bit and the results didn't even last.
Speaker 1: Quote. When you walk every day with all the pressure from the ground, the filler gets flatter. I didn't want to keep injecting myself with filler all the time just to get some extra inches and inches.
Speaker 3: It couldn't have been inches, It couldn't have been multiple inches.
Speaker 2: But that's a quote from him.
Speaker 3: How much better was your life being a half inch taller, dude? Did you really notice it? Being really a fantastic worth the pain and the odd way to get there? Stop the hammering?
Speaker 1: Well, and you'd have to buy new pants, right unless, well, the short pants are kind of in.
Speaker 2: And so on. These looks masking discord chats, for.
Speaker 3: Instance, Yeah I need the face exercises.
Speaker 1: Where boys as young as fourteen exchange tips. Someone's always asking for advice and someone's always giving it. Questions range from the benign, something as simple as a request for advice on a more flattering haircut, to the alarming quote. So I started MEF like a week ago because I wanted to get hollow cheeks. But now my heart has been acting really weird again. But BPM has been randomly rising up by like thirty when I'm just chilling, I'm kind of worried. Should I get myself checked by a doctor or something. I just think this is natural selection.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 1: The de facto of initiation ceremony in spaces like this is to have your face bluntly rated on the PSL scale. The acronym unites the initials of three controversial early Manisphere forums, the PUA Hate, slut Hate, and Lookism. So it's the PSL scale. It's an intricate scoring system that measures everything from facial symmetry to eyebrow thickness. When I answered a look maxing forum a couple of weeks ago to begin researching this piece, one of the first posts I saw was from a fourteen year old boy who was asking to be rated brutally. He added, he was told to get a skull transplant.
Speaker 3: Geez, I've seen this on Reddit a lot, these forums. There's there's there's tons of these where you go on there and you put your face on there, or your your ass or whatever part of your body you want rated, and it's always like, I want complete honesty here, what do you think? And so your eyes are too close together, your nose is too bigger, blah blah blah blah blah, and I think and these are usually young people. It's like, who wants random idiots? Probably a hole's opinion, because who who goes on there and rates other people? Who wants that opinion in your head for the rest of your life? And what a weird thing to do.
Speaker 1: Here's the uncomfortably true part. Although this it's all craziness. I mean, there's this, there's no caveat. But in the looks Maxer's view of the world, being outstanding physically attractive is outstandingly physically attractive is the only path to a successful career or a good social life. It's also the only way to get a girlfriend. In these forums, men seem to accept the idea that women are hypergammus by nature, meaning they are hardwired to date only the most attractive men, but in the past, before women's rights, their lack of power forced them to settle for lesser males. In other words, a few guys are the only guys getting laid on dating sites, which we've heard over and over again is true.
Speaker 3: So if I chew on the rubber balls, what's that going to do for me? Katie? About my round head? I got to help my jaw line or.
Speaker 2: Chairs old jaw. You got the big jaw the movie Jaw.
Speaker 4: Apparently it enhances the muscles along your jaw line. That I saw another contraption that looks like headgear from when you wore braces, and it goes under your jaw that you have to open it it's supposed to work the muscles.
Speaker 1: In the other way, big jaw muscles, because that's the key. It's not just the bone structure or you're born with. Well, that's why you get a hammer yourself with a hammer, right. Well, yeah, if you know lifting weights, if you do it right, the up and the is. The down is as valuable as the up if you do them slowly. So that's what the jaw thing is. So I'm getting the down pressure on the rubber balls, and then I need some are they chomping down? And then I need that the apparatus, the apparatus I wear on my head that I'm just gonna start wearing around because that'll definitely help me get dates. I'll wear this head apparatus that'll help exercise the opening of the mouth, so then closure will be the balls opening will be and pretty soon on big muscular jawline. And imagine how much better on my.
Speaker 3: Life would be.
Speaker 1: Well, then do your massage jumps and get a little taller and you'll be in tall clover. So here's the insidious part of this, and it's as old as time. I'm looking at a picture of a couple of these guys. They're like ridiculously good looking, the Swedish guys all right, who are selling the idea that you not only can you look like them, but you must look like them.
Speaker 3: I would say, though, because you know, as I mentioned, I've spent some time on some of these dating websites, and I'm sure that statistically it is true the best looking dudes are having lots of promiscuous sex in you know, one night stance. But for the people who are actually on there looking for a boyfriend or a girlfriend, there's tons of women who say, looking for a dad bod, don't need to be I mean, I see that a regular more than you would think. It's more a regular guy who's nice to me. You see that sort of thing a lot.
Speaker 4: I hear that sort of thing from my girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Zach a lot.
Speaker 2: Perfect man. It's a shame I'm on the bench. Really.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's end on a lighter note, shall we. So this one influencer, dude clav which is short as Clavicular, Oh God, He's made the news a couple of times in recent months, partly in one he allegedly hits someone with a cyber truck during live stream.
Speaker 2: Which is neither here nor there.
Speaker 1: A few days later, he appeared in an interview with The Daily Wires Michael Knowles, who was aghast when Clav told him he'd vote for Gavin Newsom over JD Vance because the California Governor moggs, well, the vice president is sub human. Subhuman is the very bottom tier of the Looks maxim community's elaborate scale of male attractiveness. The other categories are low tier, normy, mid tier Normy, high tier normy, Chad light, and at the top Chad oh Man. Imagine being subhuman and dreaming of chadhood all the day long.
Speaker 3: You got a chew on the rubber balls. That's what I'm gonna do starting today. I'm gonna get to come those bouncy balls, like out of the thing you get gumballs, and then the one next bounce guy like a plastic ring, and then the one next to it's got the rubber balls. You bounce when you start chewing.
Speaker 2: Subhuman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're on your way. I'm on my way, just working on my job. Here there you go, it's your hammer.
Speaker 2: You just doing his my side jumpings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I guess that's it. Son, your mom and I want to talk to you stop hitting yourself in the face with a hammer.