Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to your Saturday Second Date episode, where we put two classics back to back, extra long dose of your second Date update. It's in the morning, and just a heads up, Monday starts our spooky week.
Speaker 2: We are so into.
Speaker 1: Halloween on this Yeah, and next week we definitely have some Halloween themed second dates. We've got a Halloween issue on our awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: So it's bad dating stories.
Speaker 1: Definitely, definitely don't go anywhere. It's gonna get you in the mood and the spirit and I love it. What do you see on the textboard before we start these classics?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, Amanda said, I gave up on commentsing in hopes of Alexis reading my comment, but either way, I still love you guys and.
Speaker 2: Jose You're always put the smile on my face.
Speaker 1: My only fans your laugh.
Speaker 3: Laugh.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, I was gonna say, hit me up.
Speaker 2: You have an only fans.
Speaker 4: You gotta join the stream find out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, I don't know if I want to read your comment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, Hey, let's get these classics started for you right now.
Speaker 5: When it comes to love, sometimes the question is how far are you willing to go? How much are you willing to publicly embarrass yourself in order to get that special someone to go out with you?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I mean hope.
Speaker 5: Far that's the hope for it. We definitely push the limits of that during this call, because the guy on the phone was told, if you want any chance of going out with me, then you'll have to do something pretty cringe. And she wouldn't wait, she made him do it live on the air.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, he kind of piled on.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, sure, question is it was that enough? You're gonna hear what he had to do in your second date update.
Speaker 6: It's coming up next.
Speaker 7: Second date update.
Speaker 5: As guys, we all have to deal with the same issue. Too many hot women wanting to date us and not enough time to date them all. Yeah, that must be hard.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 5: We want to take you out, but it's not our fault. Time is the enemy here, broke, You should feel lucky that you're not a man and you don't have to deal with stress like this.
Speaker 2: My simple little mind can only maybe comprehend.
Speaker 5: Well, it's good that at least knowledgeable enough to recognize that, and like what you just said. The thing is, that's what happened to one of our listeners, Connor recently, Connor, you feel me bro. Too many eager ladies only want of you to go around?
Speaker 6: Am I right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Start, I want to have people like you, Connor.
Speaker 5: I like you already. Let's hear about your situation. But you had more than one woman wanting to go out with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did. I did so. Initially I met this girl Hannah. We connected online and was one of those instant like click and connects, you know. Yeah, we started talking. We had a great time, and so I asked her out. But then she went like radio silence was gone.
Speaker 9: Oh wait, wait wait wait did she say yes to a date and then silent or after you.
Speaker 3: Asked, like right after I asked, was gone?
Speaker 2: She had bought then she was hoping for a credit card.
Speaker 3: But she doesn't come back, So don't count her out yet.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, we're gonna circle back to Hannah in a minute.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: So you know, I gave her a couple of days, didn't hear anything frommers, and then I was like, all right, it's time to be gone. Asked out the second girl anybody, and you know, I was like less excited about her, but she was fun, and I was like, I'm not going to hear anything from a Hannah.
Speaker 2: Hannah, you can't even remember her name.
Speaker 5: So distant memory.
Speaker 4: Now she's sling on you. She doesn't deserve the age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now okay, So then you asked Amy.
Speaker 3: Out and so she said yes, And then of course the second she said yes, oh no, it comes back.
Speaker 9: Oh it's always like that, that's right.
Speaker 3: She's like, I'm so sorry. I didn't have any signal. I'd love to go out with you. What do you do on Friday night? And I was like, well, in my head I didn't tell her this, but I'm like, well, I'm going out with Amy for yeah. Yeah. So I ended up making like a pros and cons list to see which one of my chagros Friday night.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're gonna dump one. That's good.
Speaker 1: I thought we were going to maybe try to balance the two and yeah night. So I think already you're making good choices.
Speaker 5: We have had other guys try and do this, going back to back between tables.
Speaker 4: This is what Jeff was trying to say. Us guys, we're good dudes.
Speaker 5: So you made a pros and consoless for each one, pros and.
Speaker 3: Consless for each one. Yeah, you can't make a pros and consolics for one, you gotta do the whole. Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So who got the most pros?
Speaker 3: So Hannah did?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Hannah one original?
Speaker 1: What is du like just even the way you've been talking about it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, So did you end up actually meeting up with Hannah?
Speaker 4: Finally?
Speaker 3: So we we ended up going bowling and we had a good time. We would cheer each other on and we made up like little chokey tears for each other as we went.
Speaker 2: So super flirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when we one of us make a good shot, we'd like dap bowling balls.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, that's funny though, because it's corny to us. But if as long as you two were having.
Speaker 1: Fun, yeah yeah, the same wavelength.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong, it was corey to us too, Like we're not amaled to the fact that it was very, very corny.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, having a great time exactly.
Speaker 3: But somewhere in the night, her mood changed all of a sudden. You know, I was like, what's wrong, and then she's like nothing, I just I think they cleaned these shoes wrong or something, because my feet are all itchy.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, you didn't clean him?
Speaker 3: That was I hope not. I feel like mine we're clean, So I'm hoping they cleaned him. But I don't know she was really weird about.
Speaker 5: It or that couldn't have been like a line, because sometimes women are like, oh, I need to get out of this itchy sweater, Like yeah, is that not.
Speaker 7: In the middle case?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe not.
Speaker 2: You can't think of it, Like what else could have changed her mood? Like did you do something? Say something?
Speaker 3: I don't think so okay, thrown like what's get you shoes? Maybe they did clean him wrong? And she's like I just gotta go. Oh. She you know, started packing up to leave, but I stuck around because we'd only been going about forty minutes at that point, and I paid for a full hour the hour.
Speaker 5: You didn't walk her out and leave with her?
Speaker 3: No, like a one time. I was like with you. She's like no, but like if you want to, that's cool, but like no, that means yes.
Speaker 4: That means yes, yes, yes, yes, The girl says, if you want to maybe.
Speaker 2: Walk her outside at least wait for the uber.
Speaker 3: Safe. Yeah, I think she was safe.
Speaker 2: You think it's not even about the safety thing. It's just about like that's how.
Speaker 6: A gentleman.
Speaker 5: Trust me, dude, I'm a Jew. I understand trying to get the full value for the hour that you paid for. But even I know you gotta walk out with her.
Speaker 2: Did you text her anything?
Speaker 3: I did? You know? I texted her a little later to see if she got home safe, and I haven't heard anything back from her, and like, maybe I really messed up on not going outside.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, that definitely went onto your CON's list that she made for you. We should ask what else is on and when we come back, we'll call Hannah and try and get you a second date.
Speaker 6: Update right after this. Okay, I got thanks, all right, hold on.
Speaker 7: Second date update.
Speaker 5: Quick recap of the events of Connor's date night with Hannah. Okay, there was bowling, laughter, inside jokes, It's fun. Hannah's itchy feet shoe problem question mark. Yeah, she leaves Connor stays to get his money's worth.
Speaker 6: No communication since.
Speaker 5: Connor. Did I miss anything from that lightning fast recap?
Speaker 3: No? I think you got it all all right?
Speaker 2: Really good?
Speaker 1: Now have you heard from Amy the other girl that I'm just wondering if you have a backup if this doesn't work out.
Speaker 5: Okay, we probably shouldn't mention to Hannah that we do have a backup girl in case she says.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I wasn't gonna say anything.
Speaker 1: I just didn't know how much pressure we had on ourselves. You're making this successful with Hannah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm sure there's like seven or eight backups in reality that Connor isn't telling us about. He's a man in demand. I see, But none of that will come up when we call Hannah right now?
Speaker 1: You ready to do this man talk about her possible foot fungus issue.
Speaker 6: We should ask to make sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, Connor, you ready, I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 11: All right, us two, Here we go. Good luck to everyone.
Speaker 10: Hello.
Speaker 5: Hey is this Hannah?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 3: This is she? Who is this?
Speaker 5: And my name is jeff I'm a radio host on a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey Hannah, we're all here.
Speaker 12: Hey show, I know you guys.
Speaker 8: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 12: Is this?
Speaker 8: Are you guys pranking me or something?
Speaker 2: Is it weird?
Speaker 1: So many people ask that, yeah, yeah, we continue to pray make the joke.
Speaker 4: So here's the scenario.
Speaker 6: No, we're doing Wait.
Speaker 8: Am I really on the radio.
Speaker 1: It was so fun.
Speaker 2: It's already fun.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you have this positive energy because we do want to ask you about I guess a little bit of an unfortunate date that we heard you went on recently with a guy named Connor. Oh god, yeah, really, it's too bad that your mood changed as soon as we brought up Connor in the date. You were really into it when you thought this was a prank.
Speaker 1: But like when people would rather get pranks called than he I know, a good sign.
Speaker 5: We did hear a little bit about what happened that night though from Connor.
Speaker 3: What did he tell?
Speaker 6: We told us all.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to say, first of all, we're really sorry. That's disgusting that your feet were really itchy from the shoes and you had to leave. I hope you told management about it, because everyone here agrees that's a gross.
Speaker 6: Thing to have to deal with on a date night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was that an excuse or is that real?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I didn't say anything to manage him because there was nothing wrong with my feet.
Speaker 2: You lie, Oh, men are so shocked.
Speaker 4: Women don't lie.
Speaker 5: That is a strange lie to come up with. Honestly, Hannah, I saw it.
Speaker 8: It was creative for the moment because I didn't have anything planned, Like I didn't tell any of my girlfriends to call me in the middle of it, say there's an emergency or anything like that. So I really had to kind of thing quick on my feet.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that feet again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, Well there was something else that happened.
Speaker 8: Then, Oh my gosh, this is really weird. I mean, basically, we're bowling, We're having a really fun time, and then he got up to the bowl and a piece of paper falls out of his pocket. He doesn't notice. I pick it up and it's some list. It's like a pros and conflict.
Speaker 4: Oh he brought it on the table.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he actually wrote it down like I would feel like you do it.
Speaker 2: In chap or something.
Speaker 8: Wait a second, how do you guys know about the list?
Speaker 5: I mean, we don't honestly know a whole lot about it. We heard of it, we heard that there is a pros and consolest that was made.
Speaker 1: But about me, well, you know, it is hard, and he had decision to make on who we wanted to spend his time with.
Speaker 4: And you have a lot of pros you.
Speaker 1: Know he's like a methodical person, and like methodical people do that type of thing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Can we ask why you were offended by it?
Speaker 2: Con No, one.
Speaker 4: Wants to read your own call, even if you know what it is.
Speaker 1: And it's like you can have ten compliments and one negative and you're going to remember the negative.
Speaker 4: Please tell me the con was like way too pretty, way too.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: The cons were like forced smile and not attractive as the other girl I'm talking to.
Speaker 9: He spelled it out.
Speaker 3: And I'm so sorry.
Speaker 8: No no, no, no, oh.
Speaker 5: God, okay, ye Hannah, you know that that's Connor.
Speaker 11: On the other line.
Speaker 6: He's been listening to this.
Speaker 2: It's just haunted him really badly.
Speaker 5: Right now, Conor Connor, did you not notice that a list was sing from your pocket when it fell out?
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know it was in my pocket. I honestly, Uh, I'm grew embarrassed because I didn't mean for you to see that.
Speaker 8: Ye should have it in the first place, Like, what that out?
Speaker 6: Weird?
Speaker 3: Hang on it. But here's the thing that that was about you?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, So I had started talking. I started talking to this other girl because it took so long for you to get back to me. You remember how there was like that long like gap between when I asked you out and you finally said ye, traveling. I think I told you that. I knew that now, but I thought you were just ghosted me at the end. So like I made this list to decide which one of the two viele go out with, and you actually you won. That was that's the that's the compless for her.
Speaker 5: Oh, this was about the other girls, about Hannah.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're the cue one, not.
Speaker 2: Her, Hannah. He did tell us about the other girl. Her name was Amy. He told us all about her. He's not.
Speaker 7: Honest, It's true.
Speaker 5: He mentioned that there was there was another woman and he was bummed out that he had to move on from you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you have a super your way for track is super normal.
Speaker 4: Smile.
Speaker 2: I hope Amy is listening.
Speaker 8: Okay, then I'll tell you what. If you want me to go on a date with you, you have to read me the pros and conflict you made about me.
Speaker 5: God, Jonnnor, if you're really into her, you might have to do this, Bud, and be honest, don't make up a bunch of nice things on the spot.
Speaker 2: You have a bunch of nice things.
Speaker 3: Let me find somewhere.
Speaker 1: Why are people always asking questions that they don't really want the answer to.
Speaker 5: It's well, she won in the competition between the two of them. Theoretically, these are nice.
Speaker 8: I want to know for sure that that list that I read wasn't the list about me.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is the proof that that one was about amy and this one's about.
Speaker 3: Okay. So the first one that you could possibly have emotional baggage, you know, she told me you had been like engaged.
Speaker 5: Before, and that was in the cons I'm guessing.
Speaker 3: Like stepping away from engagement can wait on people. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's not like a like a okay on the next connor, let's go into a different one, okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: The next one was that you might you were maybe too into reading, because you know, because he's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like reading, you're actually too literate. He only likes semi literate.
Speaker 3: Like, like I said, I was just worried that you were gonna be like too introverted, you know, like sometimes when people read a lot, they don't.
Speaker 13: Oh, okay, social it's not that you don't want her to read it all it's.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, I love I love people who are literated.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, Connor will only have time for one more from your list, so pick a good one.
Speaker 8: I can't believe there's so many off.
Speaker 3: Okay. My last Connor was was that didn't come from a wealthy family.
Speaker 2: Hey, I didn't come from a wealthy family either. And it's also a con on my list.
Speaker 3: I'd always dreamed about, like marrying the family and spending like summers like lake house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sounds kind of nice.
Speaker 3: It's not like a deal breakers, just the thing that was on my list.
Speaker 5: And despite all of those cons against you, Hannah, he still chose to go out with.
Speaker 6: You over the other girl.
Speaker 1: I liked that he actually doesn't know her family, but he's just assuming that she's.
Speaker 3: We had talked about, how we talked about how we grew up.
Speaker 8: I can I get say something please, Connor. On first off, it doesn't seem like you come from a wealthy family that you have a.
Speaker 3: Lake house or does your family.
Speaker 2: Grade?
Speaker 8: And then the other thing, we don't have a lake house. We have a beach house in May.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Actually that sounds like old money.
Speaker 5: Us to go swimming in Maine, though, okay, well with.
Speaker 8: My grandfather's and then this is like freaking apple.
Speaker 5: And look we're running out of time. Yeah, sure, we're running out of time here. We got to ask you, Hannah, and before we even ask, like clearly, that list shouldn't make that big of a deal because he chose you despite all of these things, and he.
Speaker 4: Never thought you were gonna see that.
Speaker 2: Last Yeah, he would love sounds pretty earnest.
Speaker 5: I would love to go out with you one more time, improve himself and we'll pay for that date.
Speaker 3: I really would.
Speaker 8: I mean, Connor super He's very nice and very sweet, but I have two words, and that's heale.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, do you have any like friends from a wealthy family that maybe maybe cousins, they'll.
Speaker 8: Take anybody freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Oh that might be my biggest regret of the entire year right there.
Speaker 2: Not getting him a date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not getting her to say yes.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, she was.
Speaker 1: Going to say no even before she asked for the cons list. I think she just wanted to hear she was having fun.
Speaker 5: It's just I'm thinking, how cool would it have been to do a second eate update update with an adjusted pros and cons.
Speaker 13: List, and we couldn't heard hers that she makes about him.
Speaker 5: Actually, this is a great idea for a date night, Brooke, you and your husband should try this.
Speaker 1: This is the stuff that comes up later in arguments, like two years down the road. Yeah, you remember when you said that my family wasn't rich?
Speaker 9: Do you remember when you said that, Like Michael, how did neither of us have any program?
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 5: Right, And I'll do it on separate pieces of paper, scatter them all across the table, and then you take turns picking up one pro or one con and reading the family.
Speaker 2: We're going to a hot note.
Speaker 4: Con isn't willing to work with her family.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it could be romantic. You should give it a shot. You should also give us a shot. If you need some help getting a hold of that person who wasn't calling you back, we'll call him for you, Brooke.
Speaker 7: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: In the dating world, we tend to put a lot of importance on the first kiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah too, actually tells you a lot.
Speaker 5: It's kind of a big deal. It could tell you everything you need to know about your chemistry together, where things might be headed between you two confirms This is pretty good hint. Things are going well. It could be a great thing. But one of our listeners was a little surprised, to say the least, by what his date said to him right after they locked lips at the end of the night.
Speaker 6: Oh and spoiler.
Speaker 5: It wasn't wow. That was so amazing. I can't wait to see you again so that we could do that more.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't be on our show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people say afterwards, her reaction was.
Speaker 5: A little different, and even though it's kind of embarrassing, he's gonna share exactly what she told him in your second date update.
Speaker 7: That's next second date update.
Speaker 5: We report on these all the time on our show, but I don't think anyone in this room has ever actually been to one, or at least not allowed inside due to the restraining orders. But I'm talking about pop up restaurants and bars.
Speaker 6: They have like a cool, unique theme and I.
Speaker 2: Were just talking about one this morning.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, neither of us have been, like you said, but it looks awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you didn't invite me for some reason to this thing you want to do.
Speaker 2: We want to have fun, Jeff.
Speaker 13: Okay, we do something else then without sh But one of our listeners says, he went to a pop up thing for a date, so let's talk to him about it.
Speaker 6: Nick.
Speaker 5: First of all, welcome to the show, and kudos on having no active restraining orders.
Speaker 12: Good for you, Hi, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Was it a pop up restaurant or bar?
Speaker 8: Classified more as a restaurant because.
Speaker 12: We were set down, we had some food, but if we had like really cool drinks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, because they're all like so instagram friendly, like you know, they want you to take cool pictures and share them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe we should just like skip the date altogether and just talk about the bar only for the next six minutes.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I'm interested what the drinks look like?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: There, but can we ask, like, what's this woman that you took there? What's her name?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Sure, so her name's Elizabeth.
Speaker 6: Okay, d up about Elizabeth. Now let's get back to the good stuff.
Speaker 1: So I want to know it was Elizabeth as excited as we were about this pop up thing?
Speaker 12: Yeah? No, we had a blast. Actually, I would I highly recommend anyone going to the one we went to.
Speaker 6: Okay, what did you go to?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Which one was it?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 12: Uh? This one was like toy themes and like different toys from different generations and.
Speaker 2: Whoa, it's like your childhood. But you're kind of buzzed, you know. Do you play with the toys or they just like decoration?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean they had some some elements of plane. A lot of it was decorations. The menu was all like toys seemed as well. So they had like one of the fun things we got were martinis that are called etches, sketch martinis, which are shaken, not stirred.
Speaker 6: I love it, okay.
Speaker 12: The challenge at their tables to certain toys. So like there was a Rubik's Cube on our table and on the next, and so we challenged the table to see who could finish first. I could do it.
Speaker 2: Can you do it? Jeff? Can you do the rubis Cube?
Speaker 6: I try to look cool?
Speaker 4: So no, okay, I cute it all colored on purpose.
Speaker 5: How did the Rubik's Cube gaming go for you and Elizabeth?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 12: We got destroyed.
Speaker 4: Together?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the bonding experience.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know we're talking a lot specifically about toys and stuff. Can you give us like the mood of the whole date, Like, how was the connection between you two?
Speaker 12: Honestly?
Speaker 3: I thought it was great.
Speaker 12: We were having lots of fun and we actually got to know each other really well, and I learned more about like her family because of like the toys that she played with, like her her sister and things like that, and uh so, you know, we got to actually get to a deeper level than usually think of on my first state.
Speaker 1: Was there anything like uncomfy or I mean maybe you got too deep?
Speaker 12: I mean I don't think so, nothing too much though apparently she like cut her sister's Barbara Dolf's hair off once without donor classic like okay.
Speaker 5: And then glued the hair to herself and was like I'm your Barbie now.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's every little sister ever though, you know that really?
Speaker 5: Did that not happen with Elizabeth and her sister?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I know, okay.
Speaker 5: Here, Yeah, maybe she is a cool, normal girl. Then that sounds fun.
Speaker 4: Sounds different than you and your sister.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 5: Why I did not want to tell you about my childhood anyway.
Speaker 6: So how did it end between you two?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I mean I think that also ended fairly well at first at least. But we were like walking back to your car, We've been there for a few hours and it's like, you know, it feels natural. I'm gonna go in for the kiss.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yeah, yeah, I mean you guys are vibing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what happened?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and she kiss me back. Okay, it wasn't the most romantic first kiss, like when you used.
Speaker 4: To like kiss dolls back in the day and practice.
Speaker 6: You see, the.
Speaker 2: Iron did some weird stuff with dolls. I apologize, No weird the dolls kiss each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's not weird.
Speaker 1: My dolls did all sorts of fun stuff, but I didn't.
Speaker 5: Nick is regretting calling into the show at this point.
Speaker 12: But I never never kissed any dolls growing up myself.
Speaker 6: Okay, was that you and I are the weird ones.
Speaker 5: So but you said the kiss wasn't quite what you were hoping for.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it wasn't like fireworks, I I guess. And then she was like, actually, I want to talk about something, and uh, She's like, I want to be transparent. I'm finally in this place where I feel really good about myself and I want to start like kind of dating multiple people right now. I want to like explore the dating world.
Speaker 6: She said that after you kissed her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is after we kiss.
Speaker 6: Oh b it's not good.
Speaker 4: People.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got you gotta think, like maybe she could just finally tell how into her he was and.
Speaker 2: She just wanted to be honest. Were you okay with that? Or are you not okay with that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 12: I mean I told her I was. I was like, yeah, I know me too.
Speaker 2: What I was going to say, Oh my.
Speaker 6: God, I have a date after this right now?
Speaker 12: Actually, and when we did text, we've been text or we're texting for a while afterwards and talking about hanging out again. But then I guess haven't heard from her for a while now, and I'm wondering if maybe she just she did find someone else she will to date all the time.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is.
Speaker 1: More of like you want to find answers if she's even single still?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and definitely offer to redo the kiss over again better this next time?
Speaker 2: Can you rewind to kiss? Can you do that?
Speaker 5: I feel like that's what he should have done right there, Like, I promise you I could do better than Yeah, that may have been the move that you miss.
Speaker 2: You're saying if there was more fireworks, she wouldn't have said that.
Speaker 5: Maybe, But let's call her and see what she has to say, we're gonna come back. We'll ring Elizabeth for you. I can't believe I said ring Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: God, who's old anyway, the old British grandma.
Speaker 5: We're gonna do it with your second date update, next second date update, playing with Tonka trucks while drinking Etches Sketch Martinis and challenging the people next to you to a drunk Rubik's Cube off. Yes, it's not a playdate with Brooks children. That was a real date that one of our listeners, Nick went on, because he took a woman named Elizabeth to a pop up restaurant bar that had an old school toy theme to it. Yeah, and it actually went pretty well from what we heard till the very end when they had a short kiss and then immediately afterwards she told him, oh, by the way, I am going to be dating other people and you should know that upfront, which sounds bad, but that is what broke whispered to her husband after they said I do want.
Speaker 4: The there's hope for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we got you, Nick, don't worry.
Speaker 1: I mean is it is pretty brutal when you recap it, like she could have maybe waited for like the next date to say that, Yeah, a text message or something, or.
Speaker 5: Just ghost him like a normal person does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the timing was brutal. You're right though, Maybe she was telling you because she still wanted to see you. She just her calendar is busy with other dates.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean maybe when you put it like that down, isn't it.
Speaker 2: There's as much hope as I could muster.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with Brooke, I're not going to get much.
Speaker 5: So that's why I'm going to lead the conversation at least at the star when we call her, and the rest of the rest of them can chime in.
Speaker 4: If it stays good, jeff will stay on. If it's bad, we'll just toss it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 12: All right, you're ready to do this, Nick, I guess, so let's do it.
Speaker 4: I was kidding, By the way, Nick, you're in good hands. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's the worst all state commercial level.
Speaker 4: I know you're in good hands. I don't know, you kid.
Speaker 6: We call her right now.
Speaker 5: Hello, Hey, we're looking for Elizabeth.
Speaker 6: This is her speaking perfect Okay.
Speaker 5: This is Jeffrey speaking from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 10: Oh, okay's like and Hi.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, it's okay if you're underwhelmed, but we're doing a segment on our show that we like to bring you in on. It's called a second Date update.
Speaker 2: Have you heard those before?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 10: I don't think I have. Sorry, this is really weird to me. Sorry.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, that's all right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you went out on a date with recently named Nick. You guys went to like a toy themed pop up restaurant bar thing.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, oh god.
Speaker 3: He reached out to you about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he wanted to see you again, and it sounds like maybe you're not giving him a firm yes or no.
Speaker 5: On that, and we're just trying to help him figure stuff out, like wanting to know exactly what was your takeaway from the date?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Nike.
Speaker 10: Okay, So Nick is a super nice guy and he's really sweet. I had a nice date with him, but I did tell him at the end of the date, I'm just not in a place emotionally right now where I want to date just one person. I want to date multiple people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he tells us that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think he's like, I don't think he's trying to argue like you should only date him.
Speaker 2: I think he just wants to see you again.
Speaker 4: He wants to be one of those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: It's a good thing. He supports the lifestyle that you want to live.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're trying to say something, but you don't want to like say it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, this is a little awkward. I think it's so. I think I might have found somebody that's a better fit with me than Nick.
Speaker 2: But I thought you were dating multiple people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've only gone on one date with Nick. Why not just go on another one just to see how your connection is.
Speaker 10: I don't know. There's this one person that I've been on accompidation with and I feel like we're moving towards something, and I just I don't see there really being a possibility with Nick anymore, at least until I investigate this other things first.
Speaker 2: So there's nothing he can do to change your mind on that.
Speaker 10: I mean, here's the situation. I've been out on like seven or eight dates. I would I would say Nick, he's not in the top two. I mean, he's like maybe number three, But I want to stick with the top two right now, And he's a really great thing.
Speaker 12: I'm going to number's gonna find.
Speaker 2: Top three.
Speaker 5: Ye yeah, Elizabeth. I'm not sure if you heard, but Nick kind of jumped in there. Yeah, he's been on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a little competitive.
Speaker 12: Well, I just think I think is a little low at all. I just I think, you know, it's ranking would at least be the top two. I would assume based on a day. It was pretty good day.
Speaker 10: The other guys, what is going on? Did you set this holding up on the radio?
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe that moves him up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but the other two guys wouldn't have reached out to a radio show just to get a hold of you.
Speaker 12: He's got drive exactly.
Speaker 3: No, No, they're right, it is I just I don't I don't know what to say.
Speaker 10: I'm kind of weirded out by this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Honestly, look what.
Speaker 7: You did.
Speaker 10: This.
Speaker 1: You could think of it as a romantic right do you want somebody romantic?
Speaker 2: You want somebody who will go the extra mile for you, you know, and next your guy.
Speaker 1: And the thing is is, like, man, can you imagine being told right after you kiss somebody that, like, hey, by the way I'm going to see other people like that would be a big blow. And you know what, Nick has enough confidence to be like, you know what, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with that.
Speaker 10: I would have told him earlier, but I just didn't know how to tell him or what to tell him.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should just like include it on your dating app.
Speaker 5: I mean, what do you want to do here, Bud?
Speaker 12: Do you want to Well, first, I just want to say that, like, I'm someone who pays attention. One of the things we talked about on our date was love languages, right, And I remember her saying that her love languages were words of affirmation and physical touch, right. And so I just want you to know I'm gone. You're so smart and so pretty and just an all around wonderful human being. And you know what I want you to do. I want you to imagine I'm hugging you yourself.
Speaker 5: Do you know the other two guys pretend to hug you through the phone, Elizabeth will giving you compliments?
Speaker 6: I don't think so.
Speaker 10: Ah, Well, I don't know if those guys are as weird as she is, but.
Speaker 5: You're right that I think the word you were going for was sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird can be good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, wouldn't make you feel better if maybe Jeff and I hugged for you.
Speaker 6: That's just Jose really desperate for like.
Speaker 4: A long time.
Speaker 2: Ye language, we just want to help.
Speaker 4: Come on, you guys should go out.
Speaker 2: Again one more time. See if he can move up to number two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I bet, I bet Nick would be a really good boyfriend.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want that a really good guy to date?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 12: Sorry, if it's about like not knowing if I'm good enough, you talk about, you know, dating other people. I've dated other people. God, give you references with my ex.
Speaker 5: No, don't do references, bro, Actually I would like that.
Speaker 6: No, let's do that. Let's let's call them.
Speaker 5: Let's call some of Nick's x's on the line right now and have them sing nixed praises.
Speaker 12: I'm down.
Speaker 2: I don't think you want to know what your exes are really going to say about you?
Speaker 10: By Nick, you don't need to do that. You don't need to do anymore.
Speaker 12: I don't want to. I don't want to give up. I don't I don't like what is your like?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 12: How would I send you something? What's your address? Can an edible arrangement dress.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants edible fruit as a flower arranged.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 12: Wait, look, I just need to know are you allergic to any fruit? You know? And it'll be a perfect arrangement.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I think you're falling down the list sounding kind of desperate.
Speaker 5: Look at the effort that he's willing to go just to get one more date with you.
Speaker 7: Yes, all the.
Speaker 10: Fruits, Nick, I wish you the best. You're a really great guy. But like I said, I just need to focus on the other two right now. But good luck out there. You're going to make someone really happy.
Speaker 5: And often you hear that one.
Speaker 7: Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that second date didn't quite work out, but yeah, it should be proof to all the ladies listening out there that good guys do still exist. They're playing with hot wheels and nurse blasters and giving you hugs through the phone and sending big baskets of fruit to where you live.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like he just couldn't get the hint. And she was pretty direct.
Speaker 10: You know, the nice guy's still finished last year, you know, dude.
Speaker 9: Even there's like she's like, I'm willing to have bult of boyfriends and you're still at the most.
Speaker 2: It proves what you think it proves.
Speaker 5: Jeffrey, I think the girls that's a good try. I think she's going to come back twelve, thirteen, fifteen years from now and be like I should have said yes to guy number three.
Speaker 2: I don't think she'll probably ever remember.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she'll be on her like fourth.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, if you want to have a phone call that you want to in, didn't we forget the show? Yeah, we'll call the person who wasn't calling you back