Speaker 1: So let's talk about the Academy Awards that I did not see. And I am not a hater. I don't know why. I'm not hungry, Like I don't know why I didn't care. I went out to dinner Sunday night. I did not even realize it was the Oscars and I didn't care. And it's not like I said, being a hater. I just didn't care and I didn't know, and I didn't see any of the movies. And the whole world changed since the pandemic with movie going, which was already suffering. But I mean, do you ever go to the movies? Like, do you ever go to the movies? Because if you go to the movies, by the time you leave the movie, it's already on your television. And I used to go to the I Pick with my daughter because of the experience. Like I just to be perfectly honest, I was going through a wretched divorce and didn't want to be in my house. So I would go there to like bring my own blanket and pillow because I was lucky enough to have a driver, and I'd have the blanket and pillow in the car and it'd take my daughter and we would just snuggle and lay and order mid food, and I just cherished being able to have her like locked in with me for that period of time. But that really is the last time I can remember going to the movies. I just that is a dying art. It's a dead art. When we were kids, that was like the weekend, and then people were complaining about how much money it would be to go with the family to the movies because you had to pay for all the concessions and the snacks because that was the only way they could afford to keep it going and ticket sales. I just, I mean, where are movie theaters anymore? Like so actors, and I don't know what the ratings were the oscars. I guess I would have to look it up because I don't know if people care. And then thank God for the fashion, because it seems like the only reason people care is for the fashion. And sometimes I think I saw something because I saw a clip on social media. So I'll see a clip on social media about a podcast and think that I listened to the podcast. And the reason I know that's not possible is that I have never listened to a podcast. So I've convinced myself that I've heard a whole interview on Call Her Daddy because I saw a two minute clip.
Speaker 2: So basically, the Oscars is the same thing.
Speaker 1: Like I was there because I saw the Vanity Fair party and Kim wearing a gold dress. So for the people in the industry, like they need to go to those parties because that's where you're really working at and networking and just marketing yourself as a person, you really need the red carpet because you need to have a look that bangs and slams, just like the met Gala. Like that's a business. Like you're watching I think it was Kate Hudson and Demi Moore do an add for Charlotte Tilbury via the Oscars. You see them both holding the heart shape beautiful Charlotte Tillbury compact, which I have, and like that's a commercial. So them going to the Oscars is business because they're doing a brand new which no one understands more than I do. And then Kelly Rippa is doing one for Lareel with Christopher Buckle doing her makeup. The doing the movie is no longer the thing. It's the doing the thing around the thing. So it's the holding the heart compact for Charlotte Tilbury, which is what I've been saying for such a long time. I started that on reality TV when I was making two hundred fifty dollars, even pre Kardashians, I was, you know, using that as a platform because what was the point of me being on TV to make and two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Dollars and expose myself?
Speaker 1: And the exposure wasn't as bad then as it is now because of social media and because of blogs and everything you say, but the mediums have all changed, everything's changed. So I think that because I saw what someone wearing on the Vanity Fair red carpet that I saw the oscars and I didn't even see anything that happened at the Vanity Fair party, not that you could because it's just a party, but that is a show.
Speaker 2: The show is outside the show.
Speaker 1: So I saw Kim Kardashian wearing a gold dress and I was thinking, I'm thinking aloud, because I was thinking, why was Kim only wearing one dress and Kylie was wearing two looks? And that's because Kylie was with Timothy Shalome as his girlfriend at the Oscar events because he's nominated. He was nominated, So she's supporting her boyfriend or life partner. I can't help but love them. I can't help but love them. I know nothing about them. I just can't help but think they're truly in love. They're a nice couple. It doesn't mean I know that they're ending up together any more than I knew that Justin bieber or Selena Gomez or Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake are ending up together.
Speaker 2: But I like them together. They super cute.
Speaker 1: Nice to have, like a cute sort of high school boyfriend partner in the world of the opposite of high school, Like it's just you're in grown up Hollywood entertainment, big girl and boy panty land, but they get to have each other.
Speaker 2: It's just something cute about it. So I like it. She always looks incredible.
Speaker 1: It is so amazing that Kylie Jenner was the Swan. We had a similar agent, and my agent went to Chloe's wedding and I'll never forget. She wore like a strapless cream dress and she it was to lamar Odom and she had like a purple like ribbon around her belt. This is back when people wore like one outfit it wasn't like a circus, and she had like this eight carrot, really pretty diamond and Mary lamar odom And I remember my agent coming back from that wedding and saying, wow, like you know who looked amazing and who is the one to watch is Kylie?
Speaker 2: But like that was Kendall and Kylie.
Speaker 1: They were the little girls on the show, like arguing, getting into trouble. She was and her sister was the model, which probably really motivated her because she was like not the model. And she looks so stunning and I mean every look and the waste and the sense. I mean she really does like land it. She really lands it. So her looks were amazing. I think they're cute. So people have been criticizing Kim's look and I don't understand, like Kim knew her place at an event in my opinion. So here's the thing. If I'm invited to something, I like to think about what it means and like why I'm there and who I am to the experience. Okay, So while Kim Kardashian is the queen of the universe in many ways, she's not going to walk into the Oscars when she's not in a movie. She's not nominated for anything. She's not going to the Oscars, she's not going to go to the Vanity Fair party, and like take Over, she could and she could land it, but I just think the choice is wise. Like and frankly, Kylie wore a hot dress, but she didn't take over either.
Speaker 2: She's not up for the award. And there's something to be said for this.
Speaker 1: Like let's say you're invited to trybeca film festival, but you're just invited to go see a movie that's a different outfit than you produced, a movie, you acted in, a movie, you directed, a movie you have. It has something to do with you. And Kim's boyfriend is a race car driver, I think, right, So it was different when she was Reggie Bush. She wore like the football outfit when she went with Reggie Bush to the Super Bowl, just like Alex Earl used to go and dress the part when she was with a football player. Like it's just there's a nuance to what you wear to what. So Kim wore an elegant, beaded Gucci gown. Gucci's having its moment right now, and she had like a cool she care moment, and like that's it. But like, I like that she didn't come in moogler like hair dripping, wet, sinching, meril monrose dress, giant train, Like it really doesn't have anything to do with her. She's a guest of the Vanity Fair party, which is an elite party. She's gonna see a lot of her peers. If she were single, she might have seen a guy. Like that's just a fun night out for her. So you go on certain shows and you dress the part you go. I remember years ago Robert Verdy, the stylist, I think it was Watch what Happens Live I was going on. He was like, and I never thought about the fact that, like, you're sitting the whole show, so you're not gonna waste the outfit that's going to scrunch up at your waist or the skirt that you won't be able to see. You're supposed to think about it. You're sitting, are you standing? How much of your body are they showing? And then he'd be like, that's a shoe show. I never thought about that, Like it was a shoe show because you're sitting and what you're seeing is people's waist to their head and the shoes the legs, so yes, your shimmer better be shimmering on the legs. And I remember, I think it was him too, because I've never had a stylist. Remember I would back then, I would like ask someone a friend or something like what are you ware of this? And he'd be like, the view that's like you're with your girlfriends a little bit elevated. Like I've seen people go on those shows and like get decked out, or go on like Ellen or one of those shows and get decked out. But to me, you're sitting down with your girlfriends when you talk to Kelly Rippo, when you talk to them, like it's a what would you wear with your girlfriend's elevated show? It's morning, etc. Like I said, of course people get decked out and wear beads and sequins in the morning, but I don't believe in that. So I believe you dressed for where you're going. So I didn't see any problem with what Kim wore. I thought it was actually totally appropriate. And then you see people trying to do too much like someone was, And I'm not going to criticize anyone Like Kara Delivin is amazing, and I've had the pleasure of walking with her in the Lorial show, and she runs the show.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: She wore something where like the chest was on her body. I don't know if she had anything to do with the oscars, but people were talking about what she wore. Julia Fox is known for like shock value, so she wore something of shock value. I think people get into trouble when they try to do too much.
Speaker 2: But then you don't want to be boring. You don't want to be boring.
Speaker 1: You know, people are like, can we please not see another blond woman in a beat a dress? I think for me, I don't think the dress would be the hardest thing to land. I really don't. I think the common nation would be the hardest thing to land. Like make sure that the makeup is slamming, and that the chances that you take with like the hair, with the makeup, with the jewelry, with the dress land. I think Lauren Sanchez I texted her she did a great job, like someone did a video saying she picked a dress to go with her jewelry. She wore a Lorraine Schwartz pink and white diamond necklace, which matches her ring. I think it was elegant. I think also she and Jeff like they knew their place. They were like old Hollywood glamour. She wore a strapless waist cinched black like satin type dress and I don't know who made it, but like people comment on her, and she's always showing the body and the boobs, like you couldn't really see the boobs. Guess what she has boobs. She has a cinch waist and she wants you're allowed to have your own personal style. If Julia Fox could dress like over the top, like costume theatrical, like, that's not my style, but I get it, I accept it. Lauren Sanchez can always wear like a cinched corset like Doulce vibes thing, because that's what she is. She wants to be sexy. She didn't get her man by not being sexy, the man that many of you were jealous that she got and criticized her. So she was wearing I think it was like perfect. They looked like mister and missus Oscar. They looked very old world glamour. I think Kim looked very old Hollywood glamour too. Kylie always manages that like listen in the future, these will be the starlets of our generation. People will look back and think of them as like that old world Hollywood. So I had no problem with these looks. I didn't see everything else. I don't even know the names of a lot.
Speaker 2: Of the people. I saw a Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan hugging Leonardo DiCaprio moment after he won. I imagine, like, you know, he's looking to Leo, who I love, love Leo, had met Leo. I think he's cool. He minds his own fucking business. Everyone's up his ass. But I think he's a nice guy. Like he's a nice, chill guy. He likes to have fun, and he dates beautiful women and that's the end of it, Like fuck off. So anyway, I think that probably Michael B. Jordan was like overwhelmed he won. He knew he was up against Leo, who's like the Jack Nicholson of our generation. Like he's just like the legendary actor since he was a kid. I forgot the name of the show he did when he was a kid, because that's how old it wasn't my so called life was it? With what it doesn't matter? With what's her name from Homeland doesn't matter. I don't remember anything, but you all know what I'm talking about. He has been a legend and an extraordinary actor his whole life, like being handpicked by Robert de Niro, and so I guess it was like a very meaningful moment. But again, we can get all of this Garner, all of this through just like clips. That's what's crazy. That's why when people say why don't you have a show, It's like, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: I have a show?
Speaker 1: I have a phone. Why don't I have a show? What do you mean why don't I have a show. I have a phone. I do have a show.
Speaker 2: We're on it. This is it. My phone's my show. That's the way it goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I really want to talk about hard workers versus shiny bullshit resumes. I have learned over and over again since the beginning of my business, when I would hire people just based on their proximity to me. I've had assistance that were making more money than I was making because I was broke when I needed someone to help me. And if someone has a hard work ethic, I could teach them anything loyalty, honesty, hard work, desire, passion, drive. I don't care about their resume at all, and in fact, the better the resume, the worse the employee. I have had such fancy resume, job titles and people that people have worked for before, and situations that I get excited by every time, and then they come and they are just basic. They're lazy, everything's too much. They can play and they whine and put that up against hard workers.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I have a situation where I have people working for me that I've had it so many times. I have a girl who works for the Core who used to be my assistant, and I said to the woman running the corps, I said, listen to me. She's a hard worker. I taught her everything you could teach her everything. She's a sponge, She's loyal, she's hardworking. These guys that are now working for me that worked for me on like sort of a part time basis, and I thought they never I thought they were like beaves and butterhead and they could never do it. They are working better than people who have come from the best recruiters in the country. Like they are just loyal, young, hardworking, not precious, not sensitive, not complaining young men.
Speaker 2: One is in college. I make a joke.
Speaker 1: I go, I've got a college student and a mechanic running my business. They are more thorough more communicative, more organized, more on top of it make me feel more safe than people that have decades of experience and have been making six figures.
Speaker 2: Like well, into six figures.
Speaker 1: I am upside down because I keep waiting for the other shooto fall and it's not like they're crushing. I just have to say to take this into your business or your life, or your household or whatever however this applies to you. I just want you to know that you could be spending so much more money than you need to because you have people in positions and you think they're sort of either supervising or managing, and then you realize, wait a second, if I'm micromanaging the person that's managing these other people, why don't I just manage these other people.
Speaker 2: It's the same amount of work. It's a path of least resistance.
Speaker 1: Get these expensive seasoned all delegating farming out people out. A lot of times you think that someone's working, but what they're really just doing is farming it out. And you could see it like they are based like a contractor in your own business. You're watching them, You're watching you ask them to do something and then then farm it out to someone else, them delegated someone else. You're like, well, I could have asked that person to do that. What are you doing? Like you have to really stop down in your business and say what exactly are these people doing and be able to follow the breadcrumbs track it because I started to think, I don't know, like it feels like this person is just like farming everything out, and then you find out that those people were doing all the actual work. This person was just saying to them, go get that done. But they had all the contacts, they had all the relationships, they were doing it. It's insane. It's insane, which is said, what's happened to me a couple of times now. So I always go for the shiny objects and I really learn my lesson. You know, they're like grown men, particularly of a certain era and age, because they're old school drive buzzed like I've seen it. I've saw it twice on dates where I had to stop the person I want to get out of the car, like I'm not managing someone else's alcohol intake. I'm not looking at exactly how many drinks they had. I know how many drinks I had. I was on a date and I had half a martini and then I had two glasses of wine. And for me, like that's a lot. That's too much, Like half a martini and one glass of wine would be okay, but like, you know, whatever I was feeling myself. The point is, I know that I felt that I was too much. I'm not babysitting and counting someone else's drinks. But then I've been in a car with someone where they either look down at their phone or they're acting a little sloppy, not quite swerving, but like one guy like went through he didn't go through a stops and we're at a stop sign and he went through like a very busy street, but like it was too close for comfort, and I was like, are you It was just driving a little like slightly recklessly and it freaked me out and I said something after I actually was he was someone who was in the core, very successful catch and a half, and I was like that made me feel really uncomfortable and really unsafe. Another time, someone like outside I was waiting to get an uber I think it was or my car to come. They got an uber and they left before me. I was thinking, like, I'm standing outside on a street. I don't care if it's old fashioned. Men need to make women feel safe in dating, but otherwise, like I did not feel safe getting into a car with someone who I think might have had too much to drink, and they're like driving, they're not taking an uber, Like, what the fuck is wrong with you? I went crazy on one. I was like, I am my entire life to my daughter. Also and it's not the primary concern at all, But I'm like, I'm also a public person. I also invented a cocktail, primarily first and foremost, Like I'm a human being. I'm a single mother. Like, also, not about me, that's being selfish? What about the other person? What about other people in other cars? Like you could hit someone. It's so like men in their fifties to think that they're invincible because they grew up when like there were no seatbelts, there was no break light. People just mothers drank and smoked while pregnant, like it was a different era. But these guys, especially, I mean not especially especially, what the fuck is wrong with me? I was gonna say, if they can afford to taken uber. Anybody that I would go out with could probably afford to take an uber. I mean, I don't I don't know. I just was so aggravated and irritated. It is such an incredible itch turn off. Disgusted what goes on with people like who's still even as buzzed and drives? Who has like two drinks like alcohol drinks and drives? And I even think like two wines is pushing it, because sometimes something could hit you sideways. You didn't eat your hormonal like you. Maybe a man worked out a lot, he's dehydrated. Like, alcohol can really affect people in different ways, and it can hit differently on different days. I would say anything more than like a drink or drink and a half for a grown man, you need to be fucking taken uber.
Speaker 2: Some might agree one drink. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. I'm not the one driving when I go out with these people, but I don't believe it. No, I wouldn't get in a car and drive more than one drink, Like one glass of wine really pissed me off off