Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Podcast, Happy Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for all of you listening with us each and every week, and we hope you're having a wonderful holiday so far.
Speaker 2: And I'm thankful for you, Jenna.
Speaker 1: I'm thankful for you. Kevin, not as thankful as I am for you. We could do this all day. This is our favorite holiday. Yes, we get to eat.
Speaker 2: And I'm doing it differently this year. You are so Normally I go back to Texas and the only time I didn't go to Texas to be with my entire family was because of COVID one year, right right, So I don't know. Something struck me this year and I was like, you know what, I want to stay in LA And randomly a lot of my friends who are from other places they also are doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: We all just happy to be doing this. So I'm great having like one or two Thanksgivings at my house.
Speaker 1: Oh at your house one or two? Yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: But I'm just very excited because I feel like the time we did it during the COVID of it all, Austin and I made enough for like fifteen people, but there were only four of us to be so really excited to run.
Speaker 1: It back and yeah, yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: You know. It's just nice and also just a lot of time for Catan.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of time for Catan. That's really fun. I have spent most of my Thanksgivings since I moved to La in La and not traveling home. So we are doing the same this year. Usually we go see a lot more family, but this year we're keeping it kind of small, which I'm actually kind of excited about. I like switching it up a little bit. This year. We are doing something different though I'd imagine you and Austin are going to cook all of your Thanksgivings again, Still we are not. We are ordering this year.
Speaker 2: I really respect that we're.
Speaker 1: Giving it a shot. We've done Friendsgivings in past years where it's not the actual Thanksgiving that we've ordered. We've done like pot luck or you know, everybody kind of brings a dish and we've ordered before. We've also ordered like chicken before. But I will say I'm pretty excited about it, Like I know that the food will be good and it'll still be Thanksgiving, so I'm pretty I'm pretty stoked that I don't really have to do Yeah, you don't have to do anything, like, yeah, you have enough going on? Yeah, yeah, for sure, we do. We do. We have a baby and toddler, and there's just it's a weird and obviously it's a weird rest of the twenty twenty four years. So I'm just like, I'm just I'm going with like less is more.
Speaker 2: It's like trim where you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly trim the Turkey.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know.
Speaker 1: Obviously we can't ever forget our Thanksgiving episode one and only Thanksgiving upsode.
Speaker 2: And we got to watch it since like last Thanksgiving, we hadn't been reminded yet of the genius of Turkey.
Speaker 1: JP Turkey Lurkey Kingdom style rip. But I will say watching the Friends Thanksgiving episodes is a judition of mine around the time of Thanksgiving, maybe not always on it, but and then also this year, I'm very excited that there's a mini balloon. In addition to Mickey Mouse going up for the Thanksgiving Day parade, Macy sank Give Me Day Parade. Yes the first time, yes, ever, she's joined the troop.
Speaker 2: It's about damn time.
Speaker 1: So they've shown us what she looks like. My daughter's going to be thrilled.
Speaker 2: That's so cute. I used to love watching the macy Thanksgiving Day parade.
Speaker 1: We and now we do again, you know. I mean I still watched it growing without a kid, but I I think it becomes even more important now, like to sit in front of our on our couch in the morning and watch some of the balloons go by and some of the performances, and of course, you know, all the Broadway shows of that year get invited to come perform, and so it's just like I love the integration of like the art and the tradition of it all, and it's like a part of our new you know, tradition in morning. Now.
Speaker 2: That parade was my favorite thing as a kid. And a couple months ago, I was walking in New York, rushing to get to Penn Station, and I look across the street and I go, is that the Macy's And my sisters like you that's never seen and I got I probably had passed it, but it's never Yeah, but for some time I looked over and I caught it from the right angle. I was like, I know this building in this street like this is it.
Speaker 1: It's just not decorated yet. No, but that's the one.
Speaker 2: Magical, very exciting. Yeah, it's very exciting.
Speaker 1: So I have a little game. I love a game. This or that? Yes, okay, okay, turkey or ham turkey, turkey, mashed potatoes or soet potatoes, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie or pecan pie.
Speaker 2: Pumpkin pecan Oh, well, you know I want to like pecan pie. I want to It just taste to meat different than how it looks like how I wanted to taste is just different.
Speaker 1: I understand. I understand. Pumpkin will never steer you wrong with the way you look at it and the way it tastes consistent. Yeah, I get that stuffing or cranberry sauce stuffing, But do you like cranberry sauce? I love can cranbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has to be the canned. Also, do you always have the same kind of stuffing?
Speaker 1: Yes? So I've started now the tradition of it. So when I moved to La, it wasn't my mom's stuffing, And now I've actually just taken her recipe. In the past few years, I have started making her stuffing. I actually may make it this year, even though I'm ordering because I have to have it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yes, I've consistently found that I need the same stuffing because not everybody makes it the same, and I feel like stuffing.
Speaker 2: Stuffing is so personal.
Speaker 1: Such a personal reference. Do you eat the same stuffing every year? Yes?
Speaker 2: But because I normally spend it in Texas my brother's wife's family, we have it together, right they bring a corn bread stuffing. Yeah, there's another dish they have that. I love the corner stuffing. It's fine, It's not my favorite, but open to experiencing other stuffings as long as I have my main one.
Speaker 1: I'm a basic bee. I love a white breadstuff Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I feel like it's the new England stuffing.
Speaker 1: I gotta have it. Yes, yes, yes, exactly. Family dinner or friends giving.
Speaker 2: I've never had a friends giving.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have friendsgiving this year? Yeah? Wow? Exciting, I would say. Growing up, it was definitely a family dinner because we would go to Florida and go to Disney World and spend Thanksgiving there.
Speaker 2: I have met a couple people this year who their tradition is going to Disneyland in La the day after Thanksgiving and I thought of.
Speaker 1: You, Wow, that seems brave. It seems like they'd be a lot of tourists. I don't know, I know, did they say if it was going to be crowded or not?
Speaker 2: I don't know. The one thing in particular as a big Disney fan, okay, and has like a club thirty three membership.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so it's different.
Speaker 2: They have like a different and they bring their kids and it sounds like so like fun and fun and yeah.
Speaker 1: That actually does sound fun. Okay, a couple more. I could do this all day football game or Thanksgiving Day parade pread I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something that makes me. Growing up in Texas, there's always a cowboy game on Thanksgiving morning, and it makes me angry.
Speaker 1: I don't like football fair enough. I like the breade too. I like football, but I prefer the breade. Cooking or cleaning up, cleaning up.
Speaker 2: For Thanksgiving, cooking every other day the year, cleaning.
Speaker 1: Up green bean castrole or mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: Oh that's I know. This shouldn't be hard, but it's hard.
Speaker 1: I'm going greenman castrole. I never had mac and cheese growing up for Thanksgiving, and.
Speaker 2: I'm so lactose in tolerant now that I can't. It's a green bean castle. Do you want to hear a horror story real quick? A couple of Thanksgivings ago, Austin came to Texas with me and we are all in charge of different dishes, and he was going to make the green bean cast role and he made his mom's recipe and I've had her recipe.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: We're all sitting down to eat and we all start eating the green bean casserole and it tastes so bad, like weird, like there was it was the strange I can tell cut, yes, And it was the strangest flavor. And it wasn't like something was rotten or you know what. It tasted like chemical.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, okay, or.
Speaker 2: Something like I don't know if you guys don't know what it is. No, we used canned green beans and I don't know if it was there was something with those. But it was the oddest and everyone was trying to be really respectful because it was the first time like Austin had cooked or Thanksgiving. No one was saying anything. I was like, wait, what is wrong with this? And everyone's like, oh, are you tasting that too, and he was so horrified, but it wasn't on him. Like we went through everything something with If anybody listening has any I idea that's ever happened, we still do not know what it is to this day, but something was awesome and it was very weird. Anyway, Sorry, keep going.
Speaker 1: I love this Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
Speaker 2: Cyber Monday. I'm not trying to leave the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. Traditional Thanksgiving food or new holiday recipe traditional traditional one more sweater and jeans or like dress up for Thanksgiving or comfy sweats.
Speaker 2: Or pjs, sweats and pjs all.
Speaker 1: Day, agreed, elastic week spand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're going to be around family or like close friends, so like, keep it cash, keep it comfy.
Speaker 1: Agreed, agreed. Okay, I have one more question for you. Okay, if the New Directions had a Thanksgiving pot luck, who would bring the best dish?
Speaker 2: That's hard to separate from what we know in real.
Speaker 1: Life, because what we know in real life everybody's actually everybody really can cook some Yeah, I would like to have an Amberiley dish.
Speaker 2: I would like to have an Amber Riley full Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Yes, she does do that, so yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: I mean it's Amber Riley. I have a question for you, as like a friend question. Since you're ordering everything and we're going to be cooking, is there anything you want we can drop it off?
Speaker 1: Oh you're so nice.
Speaker 2: Austin can bake something for you. I know sweets aren't really your thing, but no.
Speaker 1: That's nice because we have a piemaker in the family, so we're good. There.
Speaker 2: You think on it and you just text me.
Speaker 1: Oh, thanks, I appreciate that. Okay, well, you let me know what kind of stuffing you guys make.
Speaker 2: Figure it out. I may need to get your recipe. Actually, I know.
Speaker 1: The problem is my mother doesn't have any measurements, so you have to eyeball. God. It's actually stuffing is actually pretty easy to eyeball because it's just a bunch of the same stuff. But this one is really good. And it was like, she was like, just go with it.
Speaker 2: I have zero cooking instincts, so I can't eyeball anything. Say me neither, And I was terrified.
Speaker 1: But this came out. Okay, so we did it. We did it. Send me that please, Okay, I will have to find it.
Speaker 2: I got to get to cooking immediately.
Speaker 1: And who's Thanksgiving outfit would you want to see from the new direction? I have my answer, Sugar, Yes, me too, Yes for sure or Brittany for sure.
Speaker 2: Brittany or Sugar.
Speaker 1: I still make Sugar well. We hope you we made you hungry. We hope you're all having a wonderful and safe and happy holiday. We are so grateful for you. And uh, we've got some more Season five coming. We've got a more tribute to Billy Joel tribute next, So come back and join us.
Speaker 2: I hope you everybody says safe, you eat well. And if shopping is your think, I hope you get a lot of good deals. That's what you really missed. Thanks for listening, and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.