Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, we are back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, you don't know. You don't know. So I do a lot of these loft meetings and I'm always like laft meeting and then my mom calls me and goes your enthusiasm with the it's a lot, and I'm like, I don't I don't know why I have to do air horns every single time, but I can't help it. And I just genuinely felt like that was my own thing and you just did it, and I feel so much better.
Speaker 4: Hanna, it's because you used to party a lot. Yeah, you're right, Nibitha. Is that where it's next? Sure? Sure?
Speaker 3: Have you been? No, well, we both never been.
Speaker 4: I don't buy you haven't been because I used to like live near there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I've never been because you know why, in Cyprus they have Ianappa and Ianappa is better basically the same. There is no need to go to Spain for it.
Speaker 2: Hm.
Speaker 4: Well, I could get those giant.
Speaker 3: Fish bowls and those zero DJs doing just fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a.
Speaker 4: Fan of I'm not a fan of the euro DJ stuff.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 4: It just seems because every time I go and do something similar to that, what I it just becomes a hassle.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? A hassle? What's a hassle? Who's hassling you?
Speaker 4: Just like getting a table getting a drink. If I want to go grab a drink, it's gonna be like here we go. It looks like I gotta show my tits again just to get a free drink. And I'm like, God, I don't want to have to go through all that.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: I want to build jazz smooth, like, give me like a smooth jazz night, give me like a by.
Speaker 3: The way, I'm with you, I will go to a jazz night. Here's my question, why does it always Why do the steps always have to go down to get there? I don't like being underground?
Speaker 4: Because why because back in the day, you know what I mean, in order to like jazz was outlawed, so they had to play it in the in the shadows and the bowels in the cellars because jazz was a black music form, right, and so we weren't allowed to be celebratory, so we had to go hide and lurk, you know what I mean, in that juke joint, little jazz night. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I do know what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I don't know if any of that's accurate. Why I could just be like a real estate.
Speaker 3: Like you're trying to be like a music historian right now, tell you about the origin speaking of jazz, Speaking of jazz. Season four. Season four is here, And I remember when we kicked off this season, and I truly feel like it's when New Girl fully embraced and fell into its groove, like we truly now knew who our characters were. We had full permission. Schmidt and CC are like back on in their own way, like all you know, Nick and Jess are back into their will theer won't will they won't they Winston's got a job. That's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so fucked up that you didn't have one, that's right, and.
Speaker 3: So also all like all the things. I feel like they had such a strong start to this episode and it was so fun to rewatch. I remember where we shot it, because we shot it I'm down by MacArthur Park. Yeah, in that building that we used the rooftop for you. Yeah, and we use your wedding for it too. M Yeah, they used the C. C. Chivrange wedding for it too. Now, dance, you're talking about the Bollywood dance. Yeah, we used that When My Mom Comes and everything, we used that building A lot crash was also filmed there. But yeah, I remember, and I remember the first time feeling really safe and confident in the job in the show. It was a huge hit. Everybody loved it. We'd had the Golden Globe bombs I think at that point, and so we were just like, oh, like, we have a job and we can like just fully fall into this thing now, and it was a lot more comfortable. Season four is great.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and then you know we were picking up too because our guest star game, Oh my gosh, they read Scott Jessica bial Oh my gosh, this episode we clicked. We clicked immediately on this episode.
Speaker 3: They just went and grabbed all the most good looking people that like, we'll take the most good looking man and the most good looking woman and put them in this season premiere.
Speaker 4: No, I've always been on the show.
Speaker 3: You and me both bro Okay, So Jessica and Red joined too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they added they added to the sexy. Thank you for that.
Speaker 3: It was also really cool because our beloved Trent O'Donnell, who guided so much of Newgirl on set every day got to direct the season premiere, which is a big deal, and JJ Philbin wrote it. Who is one of the greats. Yeah, man, what a great episode. All right, give us the rundown.
Speaker 4: Okay, so here we go. In this episode, the gang all agreed to attend the last wedding of the summer for one reason and one reason only sex. As Jess puts it, sex fist, which we've all been there. Schmid lerned cc a single, Nick agrees to afford him winston Isis's injuries coach gets called out by her grandma, and Jess competes with a super impressive cat aka Jessica Bill for the attention of the best man aka Read Scott.
Speaker 5: Let's go on a quick brand.
Speaker 4: As you stated before we went to break, We've got Trent O'Donnell manning the ship and then we have JJ Philbin who penned this thing right on up. So you know it's going to be a great episode. Yeah, shall we dive in.
Speaker 3: Let's dive in. I feel like, let's just say this off the bat, because they talk about how they've gone to like eleven weddings this summer. I feel like you are that person because you're a shower upper. So you have gone to a ton of weddings.
Speaker 4: I feel like a lot, a lot, a lot of weddings. It just came back from one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And so I feel like I've gone to.
Speaker 6: Three in my including moms yours, your moms those are my.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like I've gone to three or four in my entire life.
Speaker 4: And are you married?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: You's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I showed up. You know what's crazy is that it's I don't know what it is. There was, It's exactly the situation. There was like two years where it was like twenty weddings a year something crazy. Everybody got married. People were like doing big guestless so it wasn't like just close friends. It was like remember what year this was? Yeah, a new girl.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying when everybody about during the filming of this all these people started getting married in real.
Speaker 3: Life, in real life four years.
Speaker 4: This is twenty so twenty thirteen, this is twenty fourteen. That was the emergence of Trey songs.
Speaker 3: Emergence of Trey songs.
Speaker 4: Once he started going Yeah, then the Pennies came on.
Speaker 7: Yes, right way, and So my way of dealing with it is because I didn't want to like show up to so and so's wedding and not to anyone else's.
Speaker 3: Is that I was like, I would just say, like I'm working, and I wouldn't. I didn't go to anyone's weddings because I was so worried about someone's feelings getting hurt that I could go to one person's and not the others. But because of that, I went to no one's weddings, And in retrospect, that's also crazy.
Speaker 4: It is crazy, Hannah. I mean weddings. Weddings are quick, right. The ceremony itself is not too long. It's the festivities following the ceremony, which takes a while because it's a it's speeches, it's dinner, it's dancing, it's.
Speaker 3: Fun like locations like you got to go some Like when you get married, what are you going to do? Are you going to keep it in la? Are you going to like be on some.
Speaker 4: It's whatever she wants to do, Like I'm easy. I'm easy. Actually, don't even I'm not even. I'm not a marriage person, to be quite honest with you, I don't see it happening for me, but I'm I'm not opposed to it.
Speaker 3: You would have the best wedding.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe if I could like stay awake through the whole thing. But you know, weddings are cool when you don't have to be the one getting married. So here's the thing when I almost just recently a groomsman, and like I said, Peter and Sharon's wedding, and they had requested that Lily be the flower girl. So Lily and her friend Hazel, they were the flower girls, and they are wild the rehearsal and the in the rehearsal, they were climbing over the pews, they were running through the aisles, they were doing everything but throwing flowers. And I was like, oh, this is gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: This is the one job where you get to make a mess.
Speaker 4: What do you do ye entertaining?
Speaker 3: Why is it destroying the building.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. I'm standing up there and Lily starts walking down the aisle and she's throwing the flowers perfectly, her and Hazel killing it. And I immediately burst into tears. I just started. I was so like proud of her, but also like imagining, like she's gonna get married and then I gotta like be okay with it.
Speaker 3: It's a really strange like way we've set up what like a wedding looks like of like giving your daughter to like a partner. Yeah, I walk you down and then I give her away. Is a very we should that that needs there needs to be a refresh. We need to take a second look at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because I think it needs to be like, I'm not giving her away.
Speaker 3: You just went next to the groom during the whole vows.
Speaker 2: My daughter.
Speaker 4: Yes, we can think about it. You raise a kid for so long that like they're they're they're literally a part of you. And then some fucking weird dude is like she lives with me.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm like, this is.
Speaker 3: Why you have to do the thing where you like buy a huge property and put some sick houses on there, and you're like, I give you this house. Yeah, and then you're binoculous from the main house like a there and there dad. Great, Okay, we have to get back to this episode because before we get to the wedding, forget all the stuff they talk about, Forget the really great Game of Thrones references. Winter is coming. That's become like a huge meme, Forget all the stuff. Forget how great and cool of an opening shot it was with Zoe on the bed. It looks like we're in a movie. Forget it because the funniest, weirdest, most confusing thing happens when your character from another room falls and.
Speaker 4: Then shouts, I can't close my ass. Funny story that was playing yesterday. I wasn't here. Someone was watching it. Kyle was watching it, and and and apparently Lily was was in the room. I come home last night. I come on last night and the nanny is telling me, oh, yeah, she she was trying to wait up for you to come home from work, and blah blah. I said, okay, well she isn't bad on me. Got me go like lay down with her for a second, you know. I light there and she's half asleep, and she leans over and she goes, day, can we can we watch you on TV? You can't close your eyes? And I was like, what is she saying? I can't close my eyes? She's like, you remember you said I can't close my eyes. And she's just half sleep.
Speaker 3: Thank God for children.
Speaker 4: She's half sleep saying this to me, and I'm like, can't close my eyes. I said, were you watched? I said, were you watching Daddy on TV? When I was gone? She said, she says, uh huh, and you say, I can't close my eyes. And I was like, as soon as I happened, I was thinking back and I was like, oh, and in my mind I was like, I know what I said. I can't close my ass. I'm so thankful.
Speaker 3: Saved you from a very difficult conversation which you cannot avoid with me. What does it mean? I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 4: He fell, Yeah, and it split open.
Speaker 3: It's there's already a split even more, it's a deeper up the back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might have he fell on a blade stitches.
Speaker 3: I don't even Jamon's reaction is the funniest reaction his face he makes Anyway. It caught me really off guard and it really made me laugh. All right. So then we're at the wedding. We show up at this wedding New Girl Loves a Wedding. With so many weddings on the show, it's crazy. It's one season at least.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, I think wedding. This is our third wedding, right or fourth wedding.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's a lot. It's called the last wedding.
Speaker 4: It is not probably it has probably been our fourth or fifth wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's the call it the last wedding because it's in the show. It's the last wedding of like the summer season, but for her show, there were many more weddings to come. Really funny to watch. Schmidt tried to get just ready two meet men because he grabs two cubes of ice to turn the headlights on. Yes, wild, what a wild line to write.
Speaker 4: Which was so strange. I was like, all right, I love it.
Speaker 3: Just hit the sand away and she's like no.
Speaker 4: And I love the fact that when we're sitting there, and this happens from time to time, when you're bouncing around town, a waitress comes up to say, you know, say hello to coach and then he introduces himself completely forgetting Eddie, already hooked up with her, and she throws a glass of wine on him, which I thought was too much.
Speaker 3: The repeats, right, it's God, can't remember all the repeat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like wedding Season's almost over all the repeats, and the.
Speaker 3: Fact that this wedding is like this wall to wall with every woman he's hooked up with every summer at all the weddings. The photographer. You see, this is the thing you going when people work at the weddings, that's a.
Speaker 4: That's the problem. You can't do that. Everybody knows that. And that's something I've learned at a young age.
Speaker 3: You know, a young age with wedding sex behavior.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to keep it to the bride because you know she won't be getting married againy time soon, so you won't see her at a wedding. Go on for the bride, the bride's mom. It's one of the two.
Speaker 3: They make it seem that way with one of the conversations that coach has. It's really funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Schmidt. So you know, Schmid clock cec arriving, which surprises him because he thought that she was in Australia.
Speaker 6: Uh and I feel like that was trend dropping then, and he's like, can we get a shout out to Australia Australia, Like, can we just mention my home country?
Speaker 3: Jam?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then Schmid asked Nick how good he looks? How good is it good Jewish or bad Jewish?
Speaker 3: That feels like a t.
Speaker 4: A t oh my gosh, but c c uh uh. Well, Jess whispers to Cecie that she hasn't told the boys that CC broke up with Buster yet she feels like it, you know, she might have to tell Schmidt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Schmid should be near a hospital when he's told, so she's waiting for the right time.
Speaker 4: And then Nick Tael Smith. You know that his obsession with c C. It's not good for him. Man, this is this is ridiculous. We got to figure this whole thing out. He's like, dude, you've been you know, Schmid's been killing it. You know, Smith's been killing the summer. He has sex with a bridesmaid on a forty five minute flight to San Jose and and he was in boarding group D, she was inboiding group B. How does that work?
Speaker 3: He's you know, I would genuinely actually have questions. I don't even know how that would work. How would you approach a straight that's halfway up the thing and then get them Like I genuinely don't understand, like sex and a in an airplane bathroom because it's really small.
Speaker 4: Well you got to know the angles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's very gross. It's the most disgusting place. Yeah, yeah, that's ever like just just trains of people coming in there to anxiety poop. Oh, no one's washing their hands. They can't figure out all those weird taps and buttons and the thing. And then like the toilet that sucks your whole body, and like that's where you're like, guess what.
Speaker 4: Well, you gotta know you gotta know yourself and you gotta know angles, like uh, you know, you gotta know angles like a mathematician. And that's something that I have. I possess all. I know myself, I know my body, and I know my angles. So all the times that I've done it in and tight like close spaces, I once did it under a couch, I once. I once I once did it in a drawer, a desk of a drawer. You know what I'm saying. So like, if you know you and you know your capability, so I think Smid could have pulled it off.
Speaker 3: The idea that you like bored a plane with like a pro tractor, what's that for you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Sex?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: You think by.
Speaker 3: Ales?
Speaker 4: Ales? Bro Okay, we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna go to break. When we come back, I'm going to tell you about the party trick dance that CC teaches jess on how to outwit Jessica Biel and where it came from. On a little trip that I took with Merriweather.
Speaker 4: And we are at back. You took a trip with who.
Speaker 3: Liz Merriweather and I and you the rest of the guest. We did a press tour in New York. We did something in New York. Or maybe it was after Upfronts, No, because that would have been years before. No, we were all in New York every year. True, we did efferens every year. I forgot. Wow. Yeah, so I guess it was after Upfronts. We were all in New York. We all went to like a club. We all had a great time. It was super fun. We danced, It was great and we were talking about dancing. And one of my best friends, Sabrina, lives in New York, who is one of the most beautiful women I think that's ever been created on planet Earth. She's gorgeous. And I remember when we were in school together and she would go and dance in the club and she would do this like everybody else is like dancing and kind of like moving to the and she would just do this like roll with her body and every man in that nightclub was just like now, I don't know what was the move or was her or the combo of the two, but it was something that stopped everyone in their tracks.
Speaker 4: Men.
Speaker 3: Women was just like, what is this? She's moving differently and it was very sexy. And so I remember talking to Liz about it, just candidly, and I was like, I have this image and then I showed Liz and she was like, put that all away. Oh my, that is something. Forgot about it. Then I got this script for the season four premiere and it's like, Hannah does that dance? She does that she talked to me about it's like in the script. And then I remember Liz being like because I was like, what sexy dances this? And she's like, don't you remember you told me the thing? And I was like, oh my gosh, okay, in front of all these people and the world, I will try to, like remember the sexy dance that my fourteen year old's sexy friend fourteen? Yeah, she had the moves. She was like, no, we were probably sixteen. I'm exactly we're sixteen years old. But I remember she could just dance and I was like, whoa.
Speaker 4: So she was buster in this scenario, and all the old.
Speaker 3: Dues looking for you, they're all weird. I was younger than her anyway. I just remember so I remember doing that dance move. But I was like, oh my gosh. And it's the truth of this show. You had to be careful what you said and did around our writers and producers because it could end up in the show, and that dance is one of them.
Speaker 4: That's why I never I've never told Liz about any of my sexy dances because I don't want to have to do them on TV. That's that's personal between me and the group of women that I do it for mine.
Speaker 3: I get it, I get it. I made that mistaken look at me now.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Let's chit chat a little bit about the best Man, reads Scott. He is delivering one hell of a hilarious speech, as the best man does, and everyone's like, hey, Jess, what about him? Won't you go over there in sex fist that man? And she's like, really the best man No, he's like, you know, sought after and go do it well.
Speaker 3: They say, he's like wedding royalty. Like the best man is like you're going for like the top dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that true?
Speaker 3: I don't have him to a lot of weddings.
Speaker 4: It is the best man, numeral know, huh nume the women, the women, the women they want him. They line up for him. I don't know why that is, but I've been the best man a few times. And let me tell you something. Let me tell you something. You got to sneak out the back though, because they wait for you. Oh my gosh, I feel like I feel like justin Bieber out here and so uh so they walk up. She walks up to him and then cat intercepts played by Jessica.
Speaker 3: Bill one of the most beautiful women in life. Oh, Jessica Bielle just walks up. And then the speech she gives of why she's a catch is so good, so funny. She lost her virginity to Malcolm Gladwell, like what is even happening in his speech?
Speaker 4: She watches thirty minutes of porn every night, just stay up to date on their like the sex trends. Thinks thinks missionaries coming back depends on what happens in Syria? Is that what she said? I mean? That is crazy? And she thinks she clearly thinks she's the best option for Ted, and so then they keep telling each other that they love each other's shoes.
Speaker 3: And oh yeah, and then it starts to get really pissed off of just like, listen, don't don't try to button this with being nice to me. You've declared war so that little.
Speaker 4: Has you ever done something? You ever compete for somebody with this?
Speaker 3: I'm too lazy to compete with somebody.
Speaker 4: I'm just I feel like I'm competing with society to get the woman that I want. That's different, it's so different. But I'm taking now, so I'll tell you about it later. Your boy wiped up.
Speaker 3: If this is true, it's true.
Speaker 4: I'm off these streets, Hannah said, I'm off the street.
Speaker 3: I said this year.
Speaker 2: It is the year.
Speaker 3: You said that multiple times. I have said that this year is the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that I'm off these streets. I'm cleaning up my act. I'm cleaning it up. I'm running a tight ship here. I don't have room for that many more women.
Speaker 3: So that many more this should be down to one stair one. I'm moving to Utah.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Jess ask the boys for help. You know she's trying to compete. You know that's not her thing.
Speaker 3: She don't really do all the incentive. Guys still want an Oakland face with an.
Speaker 2: L a booty.
Speaker 4: In my mind, I was like, yep, you give.
Speaker 3: Your character gives I think the best advice in this scenario. And it is something I have thought about, like for years, just as as a be there thing the Biden, it's it's real.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that's real because as upon further review, I don't know where Biden is. I haven't heard from this man in a very very long time. Yeah, and I know he's dealing with some stuff. But I was like, I thought, I think about this episode.
Speaker 3: He was doing this thing for a.
Speaker 4: Long time, like he been sleepy Joe. Yeah, Joe, we miss you, Joe.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes Bid has been being there for everybody I know.
Speaker 4: I hope he's alive and trying to be for himself right now, him or him or his body double on them Aline, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: The more this is gonna be a different I guess we're gonna have a whole sec we call Lamar's conspiracy.
Speaker 4: I got, I got a few, I got I.
Speaker 3: Know, all right, when we come back, we're gonna talk about carelessness on women.
Speaker 2: What and we are back.
Speaker 4: You know, I've never I personally have never gone completely hairless, never, not once. There's this, you know, and I like to scape it up and man wise, you know what I mean. Sometimes sometimes it's like, uh, it's like the out back in there, it's like the bush.
Speaker 3: Can I just say that, just if you think about a man man scaping having to like crane his neck all the way down, like you're trying to bend like Adiraft going down for water, right, and then you've got like whatever scissors or a razor, and it's the most.
Speaker 4: Scissors anybody using those scissors whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know what people do, but I'm just saying, like, just the image is so awkward and uncomfortable in my brain. Like I don't want to know that anybody. Like I'm happy that everybody does. That's great, it's wonderful, but like the image of like the hunched over thing just is too weird for my brain.
Speaker 4: Hannah, you just hire a manscaper. What's wrong with you? I got a few people on the playroll payroll. I got a pool guy, I got a landscaper, and I got a man escaper. Okay, you're just.
Speaker 3: When you're down the hedge, you got flowers, come aside. You're just breddy on your bed, just waiting there, scrolling on your phone.
Speaker 4: On your bed. Who gets manscaped a bed?
Speaker 3: Oh tarp down? I don't know what.
Speaker 4: It's the same way the ladies do it, Hannah. We go to the salon, the salon.
Speaker 3: I bet you that's actually true. That is actually probably true. Some people go to you professional skate. I never thought of that.
Speaker 4: It's actually a job people do that.
Speaker 3: Thanks Jessica Biel for saying that crazy line and putting us on this insane t.
Speaker 4: So coach, this is funny. Well, coach is apologizing to get another wedding attendee for not calling her back she has Why is he so scared of intimacy? Cut to another woman says he's arrogant, sexist and stole her phone charger? Cut too, This is my favorite best holder older lady's sake. Coach lied to her about being in the movie Best Man Holiday.
Speaker 3: And the best is you can see Damon's face because it's not like they told him. It is going to be this respectable woman that's gonna come and be next to you and say this line. It's she's gonna be a little older than the other ones. And you're watching Damon's face try to hold it together because that kind of stuff to him is genuinely funny.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you dead.
Speaker 3: He's absolutely dead in that scene.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Malcolm Lee.
Speaker 3: Great movie. All right, So let's get into the meat and potatoes of this episode, which is the four way that Schmidt really would like to do with Nick. He seems heavily invested, and the talk of war.
Speaker 4: Right before this happens though, can we just talk quickly about what was the line that Schmidt said about the one girl who was that happened right before this, right where he sees he's pointing out two different women and he's like, oh, look, she's the she looks like the girl from the.
Speaker 3: Oh he's like the beautiful one. She looks like the girl from the tennis commercials where they're.
Speaker 4: Selling Tampa, the tennis commercial while she's playing like the girls the commercial where she's playing tennis with the tampon.
Speaker 3: And this is true. They got those beautiful women and they were always wearing hit to to white. Yeah, just get a speed.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you something. When it's that time of the month for me, I am not wearing white. We do that, we.
Speaker 3: Do know it to cancel the manscaper.
Speaker 4: Oh god, okay. So now so now they're talking to these two girls who want to do what they call a four way.
Speaker 3: So open, by the way, I love a direct approach. These women were just like, so, you guys want to go home with us? Great, we want to do a four way, all of us together. You in, and Schmidt is like, this is the greatest moment of my life and then looks over and there is no Nick Miller, just evaporated.
Speaker 4: He's gone, gone, He's gone. You know, uh, I've been there. You know, you're in an awkward situation. You know it sounds on the surface cool, sure, but you could but you're but you're smart enough. Your mind is ten steps ahead and you're like, this ain't gone, This ain't going. No, this ain't what I won't.
Speaker 3: So what's the opposite of inhibited? Hibbited?
Speaker 4: You'd be hibbitted inhibited?
Speaker 3: My hand is you know, it's like that planes, trains and automobiles where it's like, oh, like I kept my hand in between two pillows and he's like, those are two bows. It's that it's that moment or whatever of like you'd be so hibited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're like, who am I inside of? That's weird? Who's inside of me?
Speaker 3: As anybody?
Speaker 4: You know, there's too many people. Even though I think the Nick and Schmidt's storyline that's the real will they won't?
Speaker 5: They?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: And I think people were anxious to see what would have you know? I always said, if we get a re if we get a chance to do, you know, record some more New Girl episodes, we got to make them for like HBO, you make it for like the Max, so we could just actually show true girl like girls, like how they were showing stuff like just get it in Schmidt and Schmidt and and Nick just going.
Speaker 3: I feel like if we did a like a reunion movie, like if we did a movie, it should be like White Lotus style.
Speaker 4: Oh let's call Mike White. Watch them listen.
Speaker 3: You got the cast of New Girls make a movie.
Speaker 4: I think they gotta.
Speaker 3: I need I need ten million yea as through your mind first, like.
Speaker 4: Ten cool? Ten plus them back in? What do you think?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, fair.
Speaker 4: Favorite nations. We'll get ten. We'll get ten.
Speaker 3: That's right, turn across the board. Well, now that we've worked out the deal, the terms of conditions, we can move on.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's do that.
Speaker 3: So Jess mm hmmm, goes Biden.
Speaker 4: Full Biden, which is I don't think she did it right either. She did it awkwardly.
Speaker 3: She well, I don't know if there's a way to Biden and that situation without it being awkward because she it felt like that Ted had made his choice.
Speaker 4: But you know what I think. But but what you what she could have done was just and I've done this before too, well, you just keep letting that personal that you're still there. You just walked past, put a hand on a chest. You could just not me and say this is what you're you walk by groper. But then she'll know because she got to go press charges against you.
Speaker 3: So she always a relationship, there's a dynamic.
Speaker 4: Now she's coming to see you in court. You know, yeah, no, I think you just walked by, touch a shoulder. Hey, Hey, I'm going to the bar. You want something, I'll be back.
Speaker 3: You know, just keep walking, killing with kindness.
Speaker 4: You just got to keep being there. It don't always work out, but you know the people it doesn't work out for, they're all nasty, nasty people.
Speaker 3: This unfortunately goes all the way south and ends up with just sitting in a disgusting place. The men's tile it fun fat toilets.
Speaker 4: Fun. Fact. Women's restrooms, I hear, are far worse than men's.
Speaker 2: No, that's why.
Speaker 4: That's what I've heard.
Speaker 3: Women's are either I will say this, it's like a zero or ten, like you never go in and it's slightly disgusting. Either it's like bye, you gotta go, or it's like oh, a bunch of like normal women use this stall and it's fine. I don't think that men's bathrooms. I think they all it lives between an eight and ten for all of them.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I've been in some pretty clean bas bathrooms before. It depends who we are. Public bathrooms, airport lounge yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Stair friend, they probably someone coming in cleaning it. Ay, an airport lounge. Yeah, when you're in the lounge of you go to the bathroom by the gate.
Speaker 4: No, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: That's what I say it.
Speaker 4: I don't go to the gate bathroom.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you? Oh my gosh, can we have to get back to the foursome?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Because Winston just what the heck man? The demonstration yeah, I remember, you're trying to figure out how to do it to make it uncomfortable. I do remember there was a conversation of like, how do you make the bit right? Just from the casual knocking work. I remember there was like a little chat around that I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, after we did it a few times where you have to make it, and I think that I think the the the that came from my reaction, the goal of making it really uncomfortable and awkward and weird and disgusting. I had to. I was playing with it, like, oh wow, how did that get in there? All shoved in there? Like I'm improvising a lot of that, well all of it for the most part. So you have to just keep adding it, adding disgusting things, little inn windows, so they know that that's what's going to happen to them.
Speaker 3: Sure, you know, no way to not get the salt in the pepper.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nick has disappeared himself. He's like, I'm not doing it, I'm not interested, there's no way. Before the whole Winston thing happens, I'm out, and then he bumps into CC at the bar and CC goes, I'm also single and kind of going through it and trying to figure myself out. And then he's like, yeah, now because if Schmidt knows that, we're all back in this CC Schmidt disaster where he's hyper obsessed over you, and then it's it's insane to live with. So now I've got to go and have a foursome. Yes, I have to go do this thing for my friend because you just told me you're single, which is such Nick Miller thinking it's crazy. So he goes back. Winston does the worst live demo of all time.
Speaker 4: Yes, he does the salt in the pepper hole, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Pepper hole h so Nick can do it again. And he goes to hide in the bathroom. But of course, in true New Girl fashion, there's always someone hiding in the bathroom at a party. It's right, we've done this bit many times before. And there is Jess where she's like, look, I guess there's fridge people and there's toilet people. I'm a toilet person.
Speaker 4: Clearly a toilet person, which sounds bad but exaccurate.
Speaker 3: And he's like, just be yourself, just be yourself, and she's like like, really be myself, like do my like Tina Turner impression. Then she sings one of the greatest songs of all time, all.
Speaker 4: The Wings of Love. Wait, what was the song? What the love?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: Love was in there?
Speaker 3: Yeahs And then he's like, I kind of get it, and then she says wow, and he says, look, none of us are closing tonight. So the sex fist has become.
Speaker 4: The sex fig the sex finger, which is a gross Where are we right now? I think we've been bouncing around.
Speaker 3: We're near the end. Because then jess goes to Ted and she's like, look, I'm going to be myself. I'm gonna tell you all the weird things about me, but those are the things that make me me, and she just like but she goes down the list and says all of her things, her first crush was on a Batman cake. Okay, yeah, Simba awoke in her sexually.
Speaker 4: And then Jessica Biell just shows up. Here's a photo of me naked.
Speaker 3: They call that cameras like not even yeah, it's at the elbow of Jessica Bill because I won'der how.
Speaker 4: Many people were watching it, how many guys were watching it, going like thera, there's I just.
Speaker 3: They know. Writing the emails was can you just check with the director? Did he know?
Speaker 4: V panned left Hello about jeff By breaks out her phone and goes, this is a photo of me with the guy she thought it was Larry King.
Speaker 3: That's your big celerity.
Speaker 4: But what's funny though. What's funny though, is after after all that, he still can't make up his.
Speaker 3: Mind this you know what I heard. There's a term for this. There's a term for this in the board game world, in these like fantasy board game worlds, and it's called analysis paralysis. Oh, where you could do this move, but then this is or that move, but then and then you just get trapped paralyzed analyzing your two options and you just like, the whole game starts to suck because one person is like, for forty five minutes just like going through the thing, and that is just what Ted is doing. It's so annoying, which is so great because then the women are like, I don't even know why You're still like humming and hunging, bro, Like the moment is past. We are like we both got full ick now bye bye, And then Beale grabs the pastor to ways his plan beat.
Speaker 4: And I love the fact that he kept trying to pretend as if this doesn't happen all the time. Where do you live? It's like two inches above your mouth.
Speaker 3: I can't oh very much very quick. Yeah, paralysis or analysis paralysis.
Speaker 4: I think I suffer from that me too.
Speaker 3: I definitely get stuck in a in a in a spot where I'm like, I don't know, you could go left, but then you could go right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was Schmidt with Elizabeth and CEC.
Speaker 3: That's rightalysis paralysis. You got. Welcome to the new term I'm bringing into the season four recaps. Then we go back to the place where you know you want to see him, which is the loft.
Speaker 4: That's right, they're the loftess is that the refrigerator? And she's just throwing away all these wedding invites. Coach grabs one and says they share this chocolate pocket. But what is that? It's my butt chocolate?
Speaker 3: I can't. It feels like that's the bookend for this episode, because it starts with you saying you can't close your ass, and it ends with Damon's chocolate pocket.
Speaker 4: Chocolate pocket.
Speaker 3: I like that they took a real big dig at CEC and Shipwrang's wedding. Oh yeah, need it necessary finally chuck that one out the window.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they all bond over ripping up wedding.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I loved that big group shot at the end where they're just slowly pulling away and there's no like, we just got to like all be ourselves in that moment and walk around and we're laughing and showing each other the invites, and those are the moments our friendship was so well formed and we were so bonded, like, you know, outside of our characters, just in our real lives, and those moments where they would just kind of let us do our thing while they you know, they're like just walk around and laugh and talk to each other, and then it makes it to TV. Is really sweet. There's a sweet way to end the premiere of season four.
Speaker 2: Ur.
Speaker 4: Yes it was, Yes, it was all right. Well let's let's uh, let's take a little break. We'll see esta and then when we come back, I feel like messing around a little bit and we are back, babe. Yeah. What's the most weddings you've gone to? Are we a big fan of weddings or smaller ones? We've already we've already talked about this that you haven't been too many.
Speaker 3: You've been not been too many. But I would say I would probably thinking about it, be a fan of bigger weddings mm hmmm, because then you can like Irish goodbye you just all you have to do then is get FaceTime with the bride and groom, I love you so much. Oh my gosh, this is so wonderful kisses, and then you can like fade away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. I agree. When there's so many people there, Yeah, when there's so many people there and if you feel like leaving, no one's gonna miss you. Yeah, you know, there's a lot going on. Smaller wedding it's like you'll know, one person leaves the room and the place is half empty.
Speaker 2: Where'd the groom go? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like that. But that being said, if someone's super super super close was getting married to me and they're like, we're inviting five people and I didn't get invited, I will be saved. So you know, I one of both ways.
Speaker 4: What do you remember about Jessica Bill on the show? She crushed it? What do you remember?
Speaker 3: Honestly, one of the nicest people I think I've ever met, and I think Jessica Bill and JJ are friends, right. I think that they.
Speaker 4: Bill Purple Bill Purple is because just like jad T is his best friend or one of his best friends. So they're always together and doing a couple of e stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a connection. A couple connection points to Jessica Bill, which is how By the way, we got so many of the amazing like directors and guest stars. It was like personal relationships, people calling people to be on their show or to be on the show. And so I think that was a very friendly favor she did coming on, and I think it was fun for her to do like a weird comedy and to not be like, you know, the sweet girl next door. I think was really fun for her. But she was so kind, yes, so wonderful, and I think we had her for two days. Yeah, herself done.
Speaker 4: She's not she's she's married to Justin Timberlake, still right. Yeah, didn't change her last name.
Speaker 3: I don't know her performance wise, I think, yeah, you have to keep a beal. Yeah, but maybe her legal name. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Just a good Timberlake two day tees. Yeah, I remember she remembered me, so I had met her years prior to this at a like a literally like some musician, this guy, I'm not forgetting his name, producer, music producer. He had been producing songs for Justin And there was like a little birthday party that they were having at a hotel and they came by, Justin and Jessica came by, say hello. We They all took up gick a group photo together, super nice and I said, oh, I met you at such and such as a birthday. She's like, oh my god, yes, did you remember? She was like, we took that photo. And I was like, yeah, but this is before I'd been on television. This is before or not, this before a new girl. And I was actually shocked that she remembered that that particular party. Don't worry, Diddy was not in attendance, was not that kind of party. But yeah, anyway, I just thought that was super nice of her, even if she was just lying.
Speaker 3: No, she's sweet. She's super sweet and down to earth and lovely. And it's funny. I know a lot of people that are entertainment reporters, you know, so they interview people all day, NonStop and often multiple multiple multiple times. Right work and they work again, and everybody says that about Jessica bial that she's just super sweet and kind when she walks in the room and is just so down to earth, and yeah, working with her was great and she crushed this crushed. Yeah, you could tell she enjoyed it, which is also nice. That always translates. I feel like.
Speaker 4: People try to enjoy the time on our show. We have a lot of fun there. The writers really cater to the guest stars as well, and so yeah, and we like catering to you guys all at home watching and listening. We appreciate you. Last wedding, great episode. Yeah, thank you for listening. Make sure you go ahead and follow us on IG at the mess Around Pod. Hannah rocking that merch is.
Speaker 3: Always I'm always.
Speaker 4: Thoroughly convinced that's the only item of clothing she owns.
Speaker 3: I've been wearing my tu I've been wearing my tuk myss around to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I need to. I don't have a mess around to.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so good and co so good.
Speaker 4: I don't have one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Go buy one on the website that you.
Speaker 4: Can buy one.
Speaker 3: I didn't buy one. It is so cozy a'ware next episode.
Speaker 4: Whatever, bro, I need one all right, all right, I'll get you one. Love you guys. Peace. Hi.
Speaker 3: That was the mess around. In iHeartMedia Production, Our.
Speaker 4: Executive producer is Joel Monique. Our senior producer is Abu Zafar Bei Wang provided engineering and editing services.
Speaker 3: Additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler, and Kyle Shevron. Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson. Catch you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye,