Speaker 1: All right, hindered simple man that can only mean one thing on this radio program. That is all things self proclaimed simple man, that means all things Bill O'Reilly, all things Bill O'Reilly, Billoreilly dot com. Mister O'Reilly, sir, will do it live.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm okay, trying not to get excommunicated, Hennery.
Speaker 1: You know, here's what frustrates me about the pope. And I know you once met a poulp was a John Paul. The second I know you met somebody I don't remember who we.
Speaker 3: Met Pope Francis. He was a very kind coman.
Speaker 1: And a very bright person, and very kind person, but also a very liberal person. And this is a problem I have with the Catholic Church in general. And like you, I went to Catholic schools for twelve years. I think the Mass is beautiful. I've gotten a lot out of studying Latin theology, going to Mass in high school every single day, and it's been a good force in my life. But I really have a tough time with the institutionalized corruption. Eleven of the twelve apostles were married. For the first twelve hundred years of the church, priests were allowed to marry. I think they made a mistake with this church run rule. That's my opinion. And what frustrates me about Pope Leo's little battle lecturing Donald Trump on the issue of war is it's the number one state sponsor of terror. They have slaughtered over forty thousand of their own people. They have slaughtered tens and tens of thousands of others. It is a society based on death and destruction. They have no problem promising young people if they strap bombs on themselves and kill linnis and men, women and children, that they will be rewarded by Allah in heaven with seventy two verse Rojens and not a peep out of the Pope about any of those immoral atrocities. So I find his moral clarity, his compass to be way off.
Speaker 3: It's a complicated situation.
Speaker 2: Is there anything I said that's wrong? No, I know you are less.
Speaker 1: You are more hesitant than I am to criticize the Church.
Speaker 3: There's a little bit of context. I think it has to be provided before valid criticisms are made. So John Paul A second was the only pope in our lifetime who inserted himself into social justice in a sense that he as a pole went to poland then demanded that the Soviet Union provide better working conditions for the Polish people. You'll remember that, I think.
Speaker 1: Right, of course, the Solidarity movement, it was Reagan, it was Thatcher, and it was Pope John Paul. They changed the world to New Ingrids, did a great documentary on it.
Speaker 3: No other pope in our lifetime has done that. And then in World War Two it's be controversy Pious the twelfth and the third Reich.
Speaker 1: Pope Pious eleventh, the first it was also in the early stages of the rise of Nazism, and then Pope Pious. You're right, Pope Pious the twelfth was evolved as well, and there was a lot of criticism of the Church. They did some things to help innocent people, humanitarian things, but they were They even went into an official agreement with the Nazis that the Nazis didn't keep. And secondarily the Nazis, you know, they systemically were also persecuting Catholics as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Doc Cow was full of Catholic priests and the Pope knew that if he defied Hitler, Hitler was going to take over physically take over the Vaticans. So anyway, so that is not a lot of political politics on the Vatican's resume. And remember the Vatican as a country. So now where Pope Leo, with all due respect, made his mistake, in my opinion, is that when you get into these waters, these very controversial things about countries doing terrible things to other countries, human beings doing terrible things other human beings, that you have to spell it out. You can't just make a general statement. And that's what Pope Leo did. Pope Leo wants peace through mediation, all right, I think everybody in the world of decent people would love to have peace through mediation. But there comes a point where the mediation is a fraud because one side, Iran, is not going to cooperate. So what Pope Leo did was he elevated the West let's just call it the West of the United States and Israel to the same status as Iran. Well, they both should be negotiating. Well wait, wait a minute, we're talking about a country that will not negotiate on an honest basis and that does maintain a level of danger for the world. And you skip over that part. Pope skipped over that part. So while he was correct in speaking out about peace and justice and media and mediation, you can't leave all that out. But then President Trump makes a mistake by instead of trying to mediate this whole thing. And I could do it, and if you and I could probably go over to Rome and mediate this thing in a.
Speaker 2: Week, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: He challenges the Pope politically. Trump does, and and that puts the President in a position where he is alienating a lot of people who don't understand and I mean that literally, they don't understand what is happening here.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to be a little more blunt than you, and if you think I'm wrong, correct me. If you think I'm wrong, dispute it. I think the Pope in his is missing moral clarity. I think the Pope, if he cares about human life, I think the Pope should have spoken out when all of these innocent people were being slaughtered in Iran. If he's going to speak out on these issues, I think the Pope should speak out out about radical Islamic terrorism. I think the Pope should speak out about how women are treated in the lack of rights for women in Iran and they're about to hang the first woman in a number of years in Iran, but they've they've hung many others that dared to speak out, or the treatment of women if they don't, If they don't, if they don't dress a certain way, they can either be beaten or killed depending on what they're wearing. In Cays and lesbians are thrown off the top of roofs. And I don't I'd never heard the Pope speak out about any of this, or strapping bombs on young people, promising them seventy two virgins in heaven. And what frustrates me is this was a political statement of the Pope that is based on that is missing the biggest part of the equation, and the biggest part of the equation is radical Islamic terrorism and the number one state sponsor of terror. Now, if he has a better idea on how to deal with the radical Islamists that have been running a rand that can't death to America, death to Israel, that have slaughtered untold numbers of tens of thousands of people, then he ought to come forward with that rather than lecture of President Trump that's trying to end evil in our time, and that frustrates.
Speaker 3: Me, But that's not his job.
Speaker 1: He's a passible Then don't speak out and then shut up, I mean, be quiet.
Speaker 3: Now that's a legitimate point, but it's not his job to come out and get involved in these kinds of controversies. His job is to preach pacifism. He's a pacifist. And this is where the too shift.
Speaker 2: Well, that should not be his job. Bill.
Speaker 1: I mean, there is right and there is wrong. And I'm slaughtering innocent men, women and children and fomenting terror is evil.
Speaker 2: That is evil in our time.
Speaker 3: I understand it. But that's not what the Catholic Church does.
Speaker 1: If then why is he lecturing Donald Trump for taking on the evil that is slaughtering innocent people.
Speaker 2: I thought the church was pro life. Bill.
Speaker 3: He isn't taking him on per se. He's trying to persuade both sides.
Speaker 1: No, he went after Trump. He didn't go after he didn't go after Iran.
Speaker 3: He didn't go after Trump by name either.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was oh, come on, it was It was plain. It was painfully obvious who he was referring to.
Speaker 3: Look, he made a mistake in the Uh. What he was trying to do was appealed to all quarters to stop the madness, and he made a mistake because he leaned toward one quarter. And what he doesn't understand or doesn't accept one of the two, I don't know. The man is that Trump's job is com different.
Speaker 1: Let me let me ask you quite a serious moral question. If a church cannot have moral clarity against evil in our time, then what is the point Now? They can talk about spirituality all they want, which is very very important. It's important in my life. I know it's important in your life. That's very important. However, when innocent people are being slaughtered, to quote be neutral or to take on and attack the people that want to stop it seems to me to be you know, the moral compass is way off here.
Speaker 3: I would I think that's too harsh. He doesn't understand.
Speaker 2: I think I'm being very fair, but go ahead, all right, But he doesn't.
Speaker 3: The Pope does not understand that Trump's job is different. He is trump job is conferencing to protect people from danger. The Pope's job is pacifistic, to stop all When when.
Speaker 1: Did the pope's job become or when did the job description for a pope be to be a pacifist.
Speaker 3: Well, that comes directly from the execution of the Nazarene that I wrote in Killing Jesus. Okay, so when he was being scourged and about to be nailed to the cross, Jesus was mocked by the Roman centurion saying, hey, you're the king of the Jews, bring your army down and stop this. And what did Jesus say? Nothing? Nothing, not a word, all right, he allowed it to happen. And so that is basically what the church's part is.
Speaker 1: Let me let me see if I can turn this to create an analogy that might be the equivalent. If you, in the course of your life see in a woman or child being attacked by somebody that is clearly committing an act of evil in front of your eyes, does your conscience does your soul compel you to interdict in some way?
Speaker 3: Is that a are you asking a.
Speaker 1: Personal or a I'm asking in the course of your daily life you see innocent women and children being attacked, because does your conscience compel you to get involved?
Speaker 3: To be to me, I intervene?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so what so do you have moral clarity that Bill O'Reilly is going to do everything humanly possible. I know you're not that strong like I am, and I'm kidding, but but but you're you're going your conscience would compel you to try to protect the innocent people against the obvious evil that they're facing.
Speaker 2: Right, absolutely, Okay, So what's the difference here.
Speaker 3: The difference is that the pope's boundaries are not my boundaries. I have much more.
Speaker 1: Let me give you, Ah, you're letting the Pope off the hook that the Pope can turn a blind eye to evil at our time, that's what you're saying to me.
Speaker 3: No, I'm trying to explain his mindset because this could be mediated. You could sit these two guys down in the room and you could get a very positive thing to come out of it. I believe Joe Biden was committing evil in the eyes of the church, and he did it in a very public way. Not only did he support abortion, he promoted abortion. He didn't want any restraints on it at all. None. Now, there was a heavy discussion within the American Catholic Church whether it boosts him and deny him communion because of this act, the motion of abortion that Biden clearly did. Okay, now he's got a ant. Biden's gonna have to answer for that. Pelosi was in the same categy.
Speaker 1: All right, do you want to finish your analogy on abortion on the other side, because we are just completely out of time. I'd be glad to hold you for a couple of minutes if you have a few sure, all right, Bill O'Reilly all things. O'Reilly at Billoreilly dot com eight hundred and ninety four one sewn a number if you want to be a part of the program.
Speaker 4: Elections Paul's campaign. It's the latest news on your candidate. We've got you covered this election year. Knocking ann right here on the Sean Hannity Show, you.
Speaker 2: Driving the liberals nuts.
Speaker 1: Sean Hannity is back on the radio right now. So we're having a pretty interesting discussion about the Pope and the Catholic Church and why isn't Pope Leo spoken out against the atrocities of radical Islamist flaughtering innocent people, and it's become a big problem. I don't recall him ever speaking out about October seventh either, another issue, but he's very quick to criticize Donald Trump, who is trying to to mitigate evil in our time and that would be the Iranian regime. I think for the better good of humanity, I think the risk of a nuclear armed Iran is not one that we should have. But we were talking about, well, if the Pope is going to criticize Donald Trump, why isn't he Why wasn't he out there criticizing October seventh, Why wasn't he out there criticizing when forty plus thousand Iranians were mowed down by the Iranian regime. Why doesn't he criticize the lack of human rights? They just don't exist in Iran for everyday men and women, and they slaughter gays and lesbians, and women are beaten if they don't dress a certain way, or they're put to death. Anybody that dared to rise up against the regime, they have been put to death, and they're still being put to death. And it seems to me to be a lack of moral clarity. And Bill, we were talking about and you brought up the point about, well, the church is very pro life. Well, if it's pro life, I would think that is kind of a no brainer for them to speak out against the slaughter of all these innocent people by the Iranian regime.
Speaker 2: Over the years.
Speaker 3: That's not what they do. So Biden didn't get it booted. They didn't do anything to him at all, and they did not want to get the Catholic Church into a political beef between liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans. So here's the final point on this. Both are men are correct. Both men are right, okay, And this is very unusual for Americans. We don't accept this. We always have to have somebody's right and somebody's wrong. That's our collective mentality in his country, not here. And this is why I could moderate this thing. Trump is absolutely correct in trying to wipe out a threat to the world, the threat that would kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people, women and children. He's absolutely correct in doing that. The Pope is absolutely correct in speaking in general terms that we don't want human conflict. We have to be pacifists, we don't use violence. So they're both right theoretically, and the Pope unfortunately made injected himself into a situation where he wasn't equipped to deal with the backlash. Most people think the backlash is against Trump. It's not. It's against the Pope. Because people don't understand exactly what you were saying. Why wouldn't he speak out against these horrible terror nations? Why would he ignore that? But he never does that. They don't don't do that. They speak in general theological.
Speaker 1: Terms, but they don't do that when it comes to the issue of life. And I think this pope as selectively and I think there is a lot of politics behind the statement that he made. And I'm not tying it to David Axelrod's visit, although it may very well be tied to it. I'm sorry, Bill, but if you're going to take such a strong stand for life, it should be every life. And if you're going to take a stand if the church itself does not have moral clarity on the issue of good and evil, then I think they are failing. I feel like they're failing in their mission. I mean, Jesus said no problem, you know, pointing out evil when and where he saw it, and I think that he should be the example for all. And I think the church is too timid.
Speaker 3: What's that, I say, that's an excellent point. The church is too timid. They don't want to get involved with politics and pitting one religion Islam, I'm against the other. Catholicism. They don't want any of that. So that then then.
Speaker 1: Then stop lecturing world leaders that are eradicating evil in our time.
Speaker 2: Stop. If you're going to stay out of it, stay out of it.
Speaker 3: But he took a side, I'm going to I'm going to pass that along in Latin to uh poblio.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know why I'm so confident in my views? It's from the Latin confideo? Did you know that word of the day confideo with Deity with God. There's a difference between confidence and arrogance. Anyway, I hope my commentary comes from a position of confidence, not arrogance. I would not want to be an arrogant person. That is not an attractive quality. Mister O'Reilly will do it live stir.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't know anything about that. I think it's a worthy discussion, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: All things O'reillybilloreilly dot Com. We appreciate you, sir. We'll check in with you next week. Eight hundred and nine foot one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program, John Long Island, New York next on the Sean Hannity Show. What's up John, How are you hi?
Speaker 5: Sean thanks for taking my call. You and O'Reilly well born and raised on Long Island Catholic school for twelve years. I didn't go to a prep high school like you guys did. I just went to a regular high school. But what it comes down to is, in my opinion, poop Leo is a liberal and he's speaking as a liberal. He's not speaking as a pope. What O'Reilly is sending just a basic outline. Yeah, I'll go with that as far as what the pope should do. But I think top Leio speaking as a liberal.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, and I think unfortunately it's it's selective morality on the churches part if and I think there was selective morality on the churches part when they didn't deal with their institutionalized corruption in the church, which is such a shame because, as I said, I mean in so many positive ways, being raised Catholic and going to Catholic schools twelve years and really embracing the Eucharist and the Mass, which I do to this day. It's just it's it's heartbreaking to me that they allow that to happen and they never resolved it. As far as I'm concerned, and it pushed me away from the church in that and they pushed me away. I didn't change. My values have not changed, and if anything, I've gotten closer to my faith and as I gotten older, and I just I just look at this church as lost, and these comments further illustrate where I think the church is lost. You know, if you can't stand against the death cult that has been fomenting terrorism around the world, that wants nuclear weapons, and then you're criticizing the guy that has had the moral courage to take them on and defeat them, which is not an easy decision for any leader to make. I find it beyond disappointing to me, but I'm not shocked.
Speaker 2: John.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you. Thank you, my friend. All my best to my friends in Long Island eight hundred and nine four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program a JP in Gavin Newsom's Marxist Utopia of California.
Speaker 2: What's up, JP? How are you.
Speaker 6: Hey, Sean? It's great to speak with you again. Unfortunately, while I was waiting for you, I was filling up my gas and we used to cost me forty dollars, cost me eighty five dollars today, It's crazy.
Speaker 1: How much for gallina gasoline? Do you get regular unredded leaded or a premium unleaded or what do you got?
Speaker 6: No, I get regular and it's up to I paid seven fifty nine nuts.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty nine a gallon. I mean that is insane. You know most of that money goes to your state on a gallon of gasoline. This Stata California makes more profit than the oil companies.
Speaker 2: How sick is that?
Speaker 6: It's crazy? And on top of it, I was well, I was waiting they were changing the sign for the super to eight dollars. I mean, this is out of anyway. That's my question to you is, first of all, I want to thank Rushing level for anitizing me because he was he was my mentor. He was great.
Speaker 1: He's my mentor too, He's a lot of people's mentor. And frankly, for all of us that give our opinions every day, we owe a debta gratitude to Rush for all that he did to pave the way.
Speaker 2: And it was not easy for him. It was hard, I know.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 6: My question to you is President Trump always says, drill, baby, drill, and if we have enough oil supposedly in the United States. What happened to the Alaskan pipeline and why are we paying so much for oil?
Speaker 1: Well, it is happening. We are energy independent. We don't need a drop of energy from the straight of hormones at all.
Speaker 2: We just don't.
Speaker 1: I think right now, as I said at the beginning of the program, I think the president's showing great restraint. The President could wipe out the Iranian economy. It would probably take less than an hour. He could blow up carg Island. Their entire economy is based on oil, and at that point they would have no ability to bring an income. The President is very patiently standing by not doing that for the sake of the Iranian people. Now, have I had that discussion with him. No, But I know the President well enough to know what he's thinking.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: His patients at some point will run out. He's not going to stay there forever. He says, this is going to come to a quick close. That means that that option is right there in front of him on the table. He's been outspoken saying that he can do all of this, and I think he's trying as hard as humanly possible to get to a negotiated settlement without revealing sources. We are closer than we ever were in Islamabad, in large part because the President himself has taken over the negotiations and in no uncertain terms, he has laid out every red line as it relates to the uranium regime moving forward. They can't have nuclear weapons. They got to hand over the enriched uranium. They've got to keep open the straight or horn moves. They've got to allow the free flow of oil at market prices. They can't charge attacks, they can't charge a tariff, and at that point they will survive and they will have an ability to bring in an income and have an economy. Otherwise, it's either going to happen the easy way. They cooperate, they get along with the rest of the world, whether they like it or not they're backed in a corner, or it's going to happen the hard way. But it's going to happen, and for their sake and the sake of the world, I hope they choose wisely. And it's not going to be very long from now that this is going to come to a resolution.
Speaker 6: But we don't hear any more about the Alaska what's going on with.
Speaker 1: That, from my understanding is is that we are getting a lot of oil out of the Alaskan Pipeline. The President in this term reopened you know, the wildlife refuge, the the An war as we call it. And my understanding is is that during that season, that time of year when they're actually able to extract oil, they're doing so uh oil production, liquefied natural gas production, and our supplies are enough for this country.
Speaker 2: However, we do have to worry.
Speaker 1: Although it seems like oil prices in particular have stabilized in spite of this this continuing conflict that's been going on here, they seem to have stabilized at at a sustainable rate where I think you're going to probably see oil prices come down once this is resolved and the Straight Horn moves is back open, and hopefully the Iranians will will still have infrastructure to be able to have an economy. But there's then I think, I think that this will be mission accomplished. Once we get the enriched uranium mission accomplished, the President can come home and we can focus on domestic issues of the economy, so on and so forth.
Speaker 6: Well, thank you for answering my question. And I hope to see you Florida. I'm getting out of California.
Speaker 2: Don't blame you.
Speaker 1: A lot of people in California down here a ton anyway, Thank you, my friend. Eight hundred and nine four one sean. If you want to be a part of the program, all right, quick break right back to our busy phones. It's toll free eight hundred ninety four one shan. If you want to be a part of the program. As we continue.
Speaker 7: Up next our final roundup and information Overload hour, I'm mack.
Speaker 1: To our busy phones. It's toll free eight hundred and ninety four one sean. If you want to be a part of the program. Fernando, Texas, God bless Texas, Fernando. How are you glad?
Speaker 2: You called?
Speaker 3: Sir Will?
Speaker 8: And I know you're tired of talking about the subject, so I apologize. But this thing with Linda and the gentleman who called in the other day with the what he thought was a gutcha moment, right, he said, does God forgive everyone? It's not. It's not a reason to justify unforgiveness. So God freely offers forgiveness to everyone through Christ right and that's the key.
Speaker 2: I try. I am trying so hard to get off this topic.
Speaker 1: I quoted Matthew six fourteen and fifteen or thirteen and fourteen, whatever it was yesterday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was the key.
Speaker 1: That was the slam dunk moment. But even Linda rejects that Linditarianism has now become you know, I guess she wants to create her new religion and she's going to be the pope or the pope best.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you call it. What do we call that?
Speaker 8: And Luke seventeen, which she brought up, that's all fine and dandy. I agree. It does say rebuke and forgiveness. It does talk about that, but that's talking about between Christians, right, It's about brothers and sisters in christ. You got to read the whole context. You can't just cherry pick and as somebody one of your brothers and sisters things against you and a ask you for forgiveness.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, look, I just think overall it's in everybody's best interest. The most destructive emotion human emotion to me is anger and impatience, and to the extent that you can practice patience and you can let your anger pass. I think you're a healthier self. It's in your best interest not to hold on to anger, resentment, impatience, and I just think it makes you a better person. You're hurting yourself more than you're hurting the other person in my humble opinion, But what it's worth