Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour in this Wednesday, Dan and The Dan Net's Dan Patrick Show an update on the NBA trade deadline. Also we'll check in with Chargers head coach Jim Harbaugh. Just had a deal that was made. Wizards in the Bucks. We can't call it a blockbuster because Luca, that's a blockbuster.
Speaker 1: We have to change the definition from now on. But you have the.
Speaker 2: Wizards in the Bucks. Chris Middleton for Kyle Kuzma. Poor Chris Middleton. You know that's where you know the Wizards. They are the equivalent of NBA Timeout, where you go what did I do? I didn't do anything wrong. No, you're gonna go, you go into the Wizards. You're getting a time out here. So Chris Haynes, NBA Insider, will join us coming up here in a little bit. Seaton pull question for the final hour. By the way, good morning on Peacock. If you're watching, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio Fox Sports Radio. What do you have, Seaton for the final hour on this Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Well, we got up there. Who would you rather play with? Sli for Lebron and the Lakers or Kyrie and the MAVs. Right now, that's at sixty four percent Lebron and the Lakers. I think we're gonna put up there better at the position, Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Okay, explain that though, of how we want to phrase that, that Tom Brady at his best Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Now, who's played the position better? I think that's what we were just kind of kicking around.
Speaker 3: Right who, Yeah, who plays the position better?
Speaker 1: Okay? What era are we taking with Tom Brady? The eras that they played in. Well, no, that's twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not going to do like a five year window like we're doing with Mahomes.
Speaker 3: I mean we're doing careers right, and I mean they're If we're comparing Patrick Mahomes to Tom Brady already, you know we're not taking necessarily a window. We're taking just what he's done so far versus what everything everything Tom Brady has done.
Speaker 2: Right, How much is it that people think Mahomes is better than Brady?
Speaker 3: No, I mean he might be. He might end up being that. I just think it's a little crazy. It was, like, you know, he won a Super Bowl and signed a monster contractor like he might get fifteen. He might he might just win every single one from here and to the end of this contract. I mean that's possible, you know, Yes, it was a little I think Tom Brady had to go this impossible hurdle of clearing Joe Montana and somehow Patrick Mahomes did that in about four quarters of football.
Speaker 1: And you're like, I don't know, it seems a little crazy to me.
Speaker 2: He was in the hov lane, easy pass when it came to passing a legend.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Like we don't even mention Joe Montana anymore. I mean, just listen to what you're saying. You're like, wow, we got to be fair to Patrick Mahomes. Which era of Brady are we talking about? Where he was awesome the first five years of the last five years. We have to figure out which ones we're gonna take.
Speaker 1: That's I mean. Tom Brady has had two Hall of Fame careers, Yes, yes, yes, put.
Speaker 4: So for a comparison, Mahomes right now is twenty nine turning thirty, and I don't know what his stats are this year, but Brady at twenty nine turning thirty was the two thousand and seven season, he was led the league in percentage, yardage touchdowns. He threw for forty eight hundred yards and fifty touchdowns. Best season of his career, same age as Patrick Balms. Yes, Marvin Brady's best ten years.
Speaker 5: He didn't win any Super Bowls, like individually, I think, yeah, he won a call, a couple of MVP awards, went to the Super Bowl a couple of times and lost obviously by crazy plays. But that might be his best. That was his Hall of Fame. He had a Hall of Fame career. We didn't win any Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: So he's had three Hall of Fame careers. I think so, yeah, Okay, yeah, he had three.
Speaker 1: I stand corrected. Yeah, yes, yes, Paul, Yeah, that's a pretty easy case to make.
Speaker 4: Before the age of twenty eight, Tom Brady has three Super Bowl rings between twenty eight and thirty seven. He led the league in touchdown passes three different times. From thirty seven to forty three, four more Super bowls. So three Hall of Fame careers. Tanying long way to Go Pat eight seven seven.
Speaker 2: Three DP show email address dpat Danpatrick dot com Twitter handle a DP show darreon Fox will make his Spurs debut coming up tonight and be a trade deadline is tomorrow. Luca met with the media yesterday and Andy Reid says no retirement talk at least maybe another year at least, And.
Speaker 1: I don't blame him. I'd stay on as long as I can.
Speaker 2: You know, you might be losing Travis Kelcey, but this organization has proven that they can plug and play as well as anybody you know, except for the Patriots, And really that is the blueprint for success if you look at what they've done, how they've done it.
Speaker 1: Here is Andy Reid talking about retirement talk.
Speaker 6: That's not part of it.
Speaker 7: I just enjoyed teaching, so I don't get caught up too much on all of the stats and all the records and all that stuff. But I enjoy being around the guys. I enjoy the football of the game. You can't put in the hours that we do and not enjoy it. So I really I love the game. Yes, I'll be back. I'm glad he's going to have me back.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, at least another year.
Speaker 2: I don't know if Travis Kelcey win or lose, if that affects what he wants to do as well, but we do tend to push our athletes and our coaches out.
Speaker 1: Pete Carroll just came back.
Speaker 2: You know, he's the oldest coach in NFL history, Belichick coaching at Carolina and who knows if he comes back to the NFL. These guys, that's what they do for a living. That's their life. It's not their job, it's their life. And I think that's what's interesting with some of these coaches.
Speaker 4: Yes, bony guys like Bill Kauer and Jimmy Johnson are the anomaly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not the norm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's bring in Chris h Aanes, senior NBA Insiders soon to launch Haynes Briefs YouTube show Haynes Briefs. How about a round of applause?
Speaker 1: I like that? All right.
Speaker 2: I know you're busy. You got trade deadline, so if you have to jump, you jump.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Is there any updates anything looming right now on your horizon?
Speaker 8: Well, we just broke the Kyle Kuzma trade to the Milwaukee Bucks for Chris Middleton, So that was one that we've been I've been trying.
Speaker 6: To narrow down for the last couple of days.
Speaker 8: But now all shifts to Jimmy Butler Kevin Durant.
Speaker 6: Let's start in Phoenix.
Speaker 8: In Phoenix, I'm told that it is very unlikely that Bradley Beal will waive his no trade clause, which makes bringing Jimmy aboard all that more complicated. So now there are teams actually actually aggressively poaching the Phoenix Suns and trying to get them to entertain the possibility of letting KD go. One of those teams, for sure, is the way I would describe it Waite teams are describing is that the Golden State Warriors are very thirsty. They're thirsty. That's the way they're describing the go To State Wars. And so they are definitely one of the teams that tried to see if they can get their hands back on KD. And then what does that mean for Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 6: That remains to be seen. That's kind of a question mark right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's stay with Duram just for a second. Does KD want to play? If has anybody asked him, would you want to be reunited with Steph Curry?
Speaker 8: I think right now I don't know that for a fact, but DP, come on, we're you know, we're hours are moved from the deadline, like these talks have to be going on right now, and that's nothing. That's not anything that I can confirm right now. But listen, he sees the chatter KDS on social media more than most people. He knows to understand what's going on here, and right now it's like it's kind of it's a weird dynamic right here, you know, being at the fact that they the Sons will possibly move off of KD. I'm told it's still unlikely, but there are teams out there that are saying that the Sons have advanced to entertaining moving KD.
Speaker 6: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's Bradley Beal doing?
Speaker 6: What is he doing?
Speaker 2: D Yeah, I mean he doesn't want to go anywhere. I mean, I know, he's getting paid and he probably likes living in Phoenix. Doesn't have to play for the Wizards anymore. You're making fifty million dollars a year, might as well just stay there and retire. But he didn't care about maybe going to a team that might win a championship.
Speaker 6: Well, he thought that's what he was signed up for. Anyway. Don't trade to come to Phoenix, Okay, you know, I mean The other.
Speaker 8: Part is DP there are teams out there. The Phoenix Suns have done their due diligence in trying to see if there are teams out there that fit the description of what Bill is looking for. Signs up, check to see if they have interests. Teams don't have interest I mean, listen simply, Miami Heat. Bradley Beal had interests in Miami Heat in years prior, and.
Speaker 6: That interest was mutual.
Speaker 8: The interest is not mutual anymore, and that messes up a smooth Jimmy Bradley Beal type swap. So it's not just Beal. You know, he likes to live in a warm weather city. He's one of two players that have a no trade claws, so he's using that.
Speaker 2: Right We're talking to Chris Haynes the Haynes Briefs that will be on YouTube. Senior NBA insider Charles Barkley yesterday told me, you think that mAbs won the deal with the Lakers right now with a D because he thinks that they could win a championship this year.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts, VP, Charles told you a lot.
Speaker 6: He told you more than that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he kind of made some headlines what he said Chuck. I love when Chuck comes on your show, DP, we get some candidate responsible from Chuck.
Speaker 6: You do a good job of bringing it out. You do a good job of bringing it out. DP.
Speaker 2: What do you think of what Charles said about the Mavericks with bringing in a yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, So when you look at what all right, So let's first off, first of all, I know Nico Harrison was getting a lot of flat for not opening up the trademarket, not to alarming teams that were informing teams that.
Speaker 6: Luca was available.
Speaker 8: And you know, you can have some gripes about that for sure, but he identified the player that he wanted, and so if that is the player that he and the franchise and ownership group, if that's the player that they wanted, they didn't see any reason to go outside and open it up because, as you know, when you open it up, it's going to leak, and.
Speaker 6: Then you got the public perception to deal with. You know, we've seen how to.
Speaker 8: The mass fans took Luca being traded. So just just you know, think about, you know, dealing with that throughout the whole process. And so I do agree with Chuck DP. I do think that this roster is pretty good. I don't believe that they're done. I still think they're still making moves. And you've see what they added Caleb Martin, who is a fine, solid, three indeed guy in this league. And you bring Kyrie to his natural point guard position, and ad you know, he talked about it for weeks, not weeks, years, about winning a play alongside a real center. He got about three real centers out there in Dallas right now. So I do think that they have a really good.
Speaker 2: Shot of being a legitimate championship, but a better chance to win a title in the next two years, Dallas or the Lakers.
Speaker 6: Dallas, I have to go with Dallas.
Speaker 8: I think La they're in a sort of a transformation going.
Speaker 6: On right now.
Speaker 8: They've obviously brought in Luca to take over the reins when Lebron James retires, whether that's at the end of this season or at the end of the next season. But I think now they're gonna Lakers have to start bringing in guys that's gonna compliment Lucas. So I think the Dallas Mavericks made a move for the short term.
Speaker 6: The Lakers made this move for the long term.
Speaker 1: I like what the Spurs did.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought that the Sacramento Kings would get more for Dearon Fox than Dallas did for Luca In my opinion, Ka, Yeah, I kept saying, if if Wenby gets a legitimate point guard, who can get him in getting the ball, getting in the right positions, I mean, he's gonna be the best player in the game by twenty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The San Antonio Spurs, they had a bit of a conundrum. You know I said this before, but you know they had The Spurs had Daron Fox and Trey Young on their radar being who is going to be that next point guard to kind of elevate Weinby's game and take us to the next level.
Speaker 6: The problem was they didn't know when.
Speaker 8: To make that shift to start trying to really compete because they're not in a win now situation.
Speaker 6: It's all about growth and development.
Speaker 8: But as you know, DP, rarely do you get star level players saying that they want to come and play in San Antonio and being being available now. So I think they had to look at the landscape and understand, Okay, the cowboy player that he is right now, and they rolled the dice and they went for it. And they definitely made out well in that deal. I agree with your DP.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you. Good luck with Haines Briefs YouTube show. Thanks for joining us, appreciate Chris.
Speaker 8: Pete makes you make sure you make your way over there.
Speaker 1: The Cafe Do Moon, all right, thank you, Chris.
Speaker 6: You heard it from me first. Take care of that.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's a food insider. We've heard of Cafe do Mond and and our food insider, Chris Haynes joins, you say, yeah, Cafe do Mond.
Speaker 9: Although Fritzi I heard about that on TV in my hotel room that they were talking about that place.
Speaker 2: So if you're just joining as Fritzie spent a good portion of his day and night in his hotel room, and this morning he gets into the Maco van, he says to Seaton, Hey, there's this channel and it tells you all the great things you can do in New Orleans.
Speaker 9: There's like the NOLA Channel's like channel one right there with the hotel, and it just had one after the other of all these different jazz places and food and cuisine and other cooking stuff in different places and museums and historic places you can go.
Speaker 1: And then Seaton goes you're in New Orleans town.
Speaker 2: You can go to all of these places, any of these places if you want to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we all, like Pauli and I were in the van together and Ty was like, I don't know if you guys seen this, but like the NOLA channels, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's so many things to do here.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well on Pittsburgh you could actually walk out of your hotel room and see some of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, go for a walk, dude.
Speaker 2: You have the afternoons off. I mean we work in the morning and then you have the afternoons and evening on.
Speaker 9: I don't have a great excuse not to go see some of those sites.
Speaker 1: You can go.
Speaker 2: See me with Dan Levatard tonight at Tippetinas Dan Interviews.
Speaker 1: Wait, you could go, but I could. I know, I have the option.
Speaker 6: I have the freedom to go or not to that.
Speaker 1: But that doesn't sound like you're going.
Speaker 11: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Just that's that's a hard no.
Speaker 9: But that's only if the Levatard Dan Cantles come on to the stage.
Speaker 1: And spear fil I know, don't do that.
Speaker 2: If you were doing stand up I would come and watch you do stand up, you.
Speaker 6: Would, and then I would get mercilessly ripped for it.
Speaker 1: There would be major content for the No, that's you can mercy. You can rip me tomorrow on the show.
Speaker 12: Gona be anything that's going to be ripped worthy.
Speaker 1: I would come and see you, Todd if you were going to guilt trip. Yes.
Speaker 2: By the way, the match, the pickleball match that will be tomorrow. The Danets were banging the ball around a little bit yesterday, and uh, we showed you some of that. I'm concerned though. I'm concerned with Marvin. I don't know if you've ever picked up a racket before. As a matter of fact, I have it. Well, it certainly looked like it. And Todd was surprisingly nimble.
Speaker 1: Nimble. Good word nimble would be the word Toddy nimble.
Speaker 6: To'd be slightly quick.
Speaker 2: No, not quick, I'd be slow, Yeah, Todd be very slow, but nimble. We'll have the match for you coming up tomorrow from here at the Exchange in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: All right, well, take a break.
Speaker 2: Jim Harbaugh is set to join us coming up next to here on The Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch US Live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for the Danpatrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream US live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR.
Speaker 13: Hey, we're Cavino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern. But here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get to.
Speaker 14: And that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blover Liam in me. Well you know what it's called over promise.
Speaker 13: You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 14: Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show, and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised.
Speaker 13: Well, if you don't get enough, Covino and Rich make sure you check out over Promised and also uncensored, by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time.
Speaker 14: There you go, over Promising. Remember you could see it on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen Over Promised with Coavino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: All of our in studio guests receive a fantastic gift bag items from Sons, Treger, Pannini, King, Sawaian and Rapid Radios. He's the head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers. He's Jim Harbaugh. Back on the program, Coach, thanks for joining us. What's the last time you thought about your Super Bowl here in New Orleans?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 12: Yesterday, yesterday I was I was talking to my brother and uh we were we were reliving some of those uh some of the that that week leading up to it, and uh in the game and in the power outage and uh, you know, just some of the different uh some of the different plays.
Speaker 11: But hey, a lot, I think about it a lot almost you know, it comes up.
Speaker 1: Where are you going to watch the Super Bowl?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 12: I'll be watching it at home, be watching it at home with the uh, with the family and the kids.
Speaker 11: It's you know, it's I wish I was there, you know. That's the thing. I wish I was there with you.
Speaker 12: I wish we were getting ready having a Wednesday practice before the uh, before the game.
Speaker 10: And uh.
Speaker 11: But it's still still just a great respect.
Speaker 12: That that I have for the for the for the game, for the for the NFL, for the the two teams that have have baddled their way and overcome the obstacles to be there.
Speaker 11: So uh and uh, so I'll be watching for sure.
Speaker 1: Could you find yourself rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 12: You know what I do is uh, I find myself really at all times. I mean, you know, the Ravens, I'll root for the I'll root for the Ravens. Uh if we're you know we're not playing them. Uh, now we're playing them, then yeah, there's there's uh, there's no rooting for the Ravens. But even if even if it wasn't gonna help us, you know, I would still be rooting for the Ravens. But every other game, really College of Pro I mean, uh, in Michigan, I'll root for Michigan, but uh, you know every other one, I just I find myself rooting for the team that's playing the hardest as the game is going on. That's uh uh pretty much how I look at a football game and and uh and root for a particular team.
Speaker 2: What would Mahomes have to accomplish to supersede Tom Brady in your opinion?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean, every time you start making those kind of comparisons.
Speaker 11: Uh, you know, uh for somebody.
Speaker 12: Who they're both great. I mean they're both great. There's there's there's no question that. Uh. But Patrick Mahomes has done with what Andy Reid has done with that team with Spags has done with that team.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 11: And and it's you know what's watching this game?
Speaker 12: I'm really gonna be interested in in the defenses the most. Uh you know, the uh the Chiefs their ability to tackle Fan on on all three levels.
Speaker 11: Uh, the line, the linebacker, the secondary. Uh, you know.
Speaker 12: Incredible uh opposing Wills s Clon Barkley the year he's had, the way that that that line is blocked, and then Vic Fangio, Uh, you know the impact that he's had.
Speaker 11: On the on the Eagles defense. I mean that's that's uh uh.
Speaker 12: It's gonna be a tremendous matchup. And I think you're gonna see it on the on the defensive level as uh as much as as much as any It's it's it's amazing. Spags isn't isn't a head coach? You know that.
Speaker 11: Uh, he's an incredible coach.
Speaker 12: And you know everybody in that game is uh uh.
Speaker 11: You know it's it's nothing but respect.
Speaker 2: Then, all right, So what was your defensive philosophy against the Chiefs and Mahomes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was to contain, to contain, you know, play play the first plays as well as we could. And you know he's got he's got that ability to to to extend, extend the place too. So you have to plast during the secondary you have you have to stay with with uh and and do you and do your best to not give him the look that he is incredible at. He is incredible at finding the you know, the man's zone, the man's own look. And and then and then you have to do you have to tackle h and cover and and you got to play good.
Speaker 11: But he's a he's an incredible player.
Speaker 1: Talking to Jim Harball, the Chargers head coach.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's this seismic shift, but we saw it with Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts, Josh Allen Less passing. Their quarterback rating goes up. There's a little bit more running involved in this. So was that a conscious decision on your part because Justin Herbert threw one hundred fewer passes this year, but his QBR was higher.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean you want to you want to have an identity.
Speaker 12: I mean, in my opinion, I mean that's uh, that that philosophy of of being physical, being durable, being consistent and finding the uh you know the signature play you know the signature uh you know run play that that a that a defense has to stop. And then off of that comes play action. Off of that comes uh, you know, ways to protect it in the in the quick game, the movement game, uh you know, the the play action game. You know especially I think some some teams were, uh, you know, highly successful. Philadelphia has been highly successful doing that the wide screens and you see that, you know they're able to protect uh you know that that running game that way. I mean, that's that's the philosophy, and it's you know, the teams that are really good the team. Both teams that are in this game, I mean are are highly effective. Uh you know, running the football and throwing the football and uh you know, ways to move the ball, uh and not turn it over, not beat yourself, but be able to beat beat your opponent. Uh as well, those are the those are key factors for me.
Speaker 11: How much tackling, thanks.
Speaker 2: How much were you rooting for Notre Dame versus Ohio State a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 11: It was the same. I was the same.
Speaker 12: I found myself just uh, you know, rooting for the rooting for the team that was playing the hardest, and uh, you don't care if Ohio State lost?
Speaker 11: No, I don't. That stuff doesn't get my head, you know, Dan, it doesn't. It doesn't.
Speaker 12: It doesn't occupy it doesn't occupy that kind of.
Speaker 11: Space you know, in the in the in the dome.
Speaker 2: I okay, I'm surprised. Rich Eisen, who went to Michigan. He said, I rooted for Notre Dame one time, and I was rooting for them against.
Speaker 1: Ohio State to beat them. But you don't care, you that you moved on from that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean I look for the for the competition, And I don't think people make a mistake.
Speaker 11: I think they make a mistake in you know, in their in their in.
Speaker 12: Their like coaches make a mistake of letting you know, a certain you know school or opponent or you know, uh arrival, uh, you know, get in their head, occupy space, had that running around. I mean just the main thing is take there yourself. I mean, uh, you got a team. You got a team that you can coach. You've got a team that you can uh uh you know, do everything in your power to uh to make better and you know, attack that.
Speaker 11: You know, attack that. That's uh, that seems the better way to go.
Speaker 2: Are you and Pete Carroll on friendly terms now that he's uh a lot of.
Speaker 11: Battle a lot of battles, a lot of battles.
Speaker 1: But are you friend?
Speaker 2: Are you friendly ish now that you're in the same division here? How's that going to be at the end of games?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's it is it's a respect that I have respect for him, you know, I mean, uh, you know, the competitor that he is, that the teams that you know that uh, you know he produces and yeah, we just we just talked the other day on uh on Sunday as a matter of fact, and there's a you know, I'd like to feel like.
Speaker 11: He's you know, he he uh he's got that uh you know the same kind of you know, uh you know, competitive respect.
Speaker 6: Uh wait you do.
Speaker 2: Had a cat casual conversation with Pete. You're dialing him up. What have you see him on the street?
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, we were talking about uh we were talking about uh about about coaches. He was he's putting his staff together and uh you were get a few recommendations from from folks that I had coached with before.
Speaker 11: But uh, that was good, you know, that was that was that was the hey man, here here we go again.
Speaker 12: You know, like, uh, we've had some battles and about the about to have them again.
Speaker 2: I think you need to go in the weight room get ready for that that first game.
Speaker 1: With uh with Pete.
Speaker 2: After the game, I think you need to bulk up again, Jim.
Speaker 11: No question about it.
Speaker 3: No question about that.
Speaker 11: You're going to hit the training environment hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Uh got a good year for that. I'm getting the old iron horses.
Speaker 12: Uh. He's going in for some fine tuning, you know, I've got uh got my hip replaced. Uh, thirteen days ago and got get me the arrhythma taken care of and uh doing doing, doing everything in my power to get it as healthy as I can.
Speaker 1: How are the guns though, how do you tell you looking?
Speaker 11: I mean, uh, not as good as my dad.
Speaker 12: You know my dad is that got these natural uh you know biceps that I got.
Speaker 11: I gotta work a lot harder at it than.
Speaker 13: Get that.
Speaker 11: I didn't get that.
Speaker 1: You didn't get that gene. No, didn't get that.
Speaker 2: Uh you're joining us on behalf of h in Vivid, uh, the American biotech company.
Speaker 1: You want to explain what what they're doing.
Speaker 11: Yeah, sure, Uh appreciate that.
Speaker 12: Speaking of health, you know, like I said, you know, I mean you get to a point them and I was like sixty years it seemed like I just uh blue twisted steel and and now uh.
Speaker 11: You know, in a few repairs. But uh yeah, in Vivid, you know, it's COVID still here.
Speaker 12: You know, we everybody's sick of talking about it, but uh maybe, but it's still here, and there's there's long term effects and especially for nenocompromised individuals, you know those uh those that are fighting cancer organ transplants.
Speaker 11: I mean they're.
Speaker 12: They're especially susceptible and just let them. People know there's there's options. Uh not a doctor. You know that, well, Dane. Uh, people should talk to their doctors about what's best for them.
Speaker 11: But uh, but check out the website.
Speaker 12: Expand their options dot com, Span their options dot com.
Speaker 2: Could we get your hip the old one for the man cave that I can just kind of put it in, you know, glass enclosure?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean that's like, Uh, I can't believe I didn't think of that. You know, It's like when you get your tonsils out.
Speaker 12: Yeah, remember when I got my tonsils out when I was six. I don't still have them, but I remember, like that was the coolest thing that the doctor gave me.
Speaker 11: Gave me my tonsils, but I kept them in a are you.
Speaker 12: I had them in the in the room for a while until we until he made a move I think, and then they something happened to him. But yeah, I've been check on that to see if that hip is still there.
Speaker 2: But you know, people should understand, yeah, right, you didn't need hip replacement surgery. You just it was elective. You just did it to show how tough you are. And I respect that I respect that coach.
Speaker 12: I want the titanium, you know, I want the ceramic ball of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ready to go. I love it. I love it. Have fun in the off season whatever that means.
Speaker 11: It means attacking. That means attacking when just today.
Speaker 1: No vacation.
Speaker 2: What do you the kids deserve a vacation something here they're playing.
Speaker 11: Sports, they're doing they're doing their thing. Uh could be Uh, yeah, there's there's some there's some time with with the.
Speaker 12: Family, but uh, you know there Uh, it's just another day to attack a day.
Speaker 11: But the enthusiasm, unknown to man kind. That's that's why we're treating it well.
Speaker 1: Who has it been better than we do?
Speaker 12: Nobody after that one, Nobody.
Speaker 1: Nobody, Thank you coach.
Speaker 2: Good to talk to you again, great to see, great to talk to you. That's Jim Harball, Chargers head coach. Nobody still love that story. You know, parents that convince them that, hey, everything's good. We don't have much get to basketball, go dribble, can't.
Speaker 1: Drive in a car. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to phone calls, coming up close up shop what we learned watching sort of marrow. When we come back, we have the MVP the Snake draft. That means, well, we'll decide who goes first, who goes last. So whoever goes first, you're going to go last in the Snake draft there for the MVP.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's going to be pretty interesting when we get down to picks like eight, nine and ten in.
Speaker 1: That snake draft. Yes, it will. How about Jordan Love justin Herbert Save, You're worthy? Save, I You're worthy. No, it's not Gonnappen.
Speaker 2: All right, So we'll take a break, We'll get the phone calls, what we learn, what's in store tomorrow, the big match tomorrow with pickleball, and judging from what I saw yesterday with the Dan Netz, it will be interesting. I don't know if it will be athletic, but it will be very interesting. And Marvin, you got to get a little bit better really soon, because you did not look natural at all. You're probably the best athlete, and you look like the least athletic yesterday on the pickleball court. You think so, Yes, I do, and I'm not alone. Yes, please tell me who else said that?
Speaker 1: Paulie? That is erroneous, Todd.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that, Seaton, Okay, I heard people whispering. Nobody's willing to go on record. I'm just gonna tell you, all right, we'll take a break. We'll come back after this in The Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. Man, if you're watching on Peacock, we have a spread out there with Tregger Man.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that is awesome.
Speaker 2: Wings, ribs, burn ins, sliders, hot dogs, meat balls, to Keto's poppers, kettle corn, check mix poppers, pizza poppers, cupcakes, tater toss, all made on the Tragger grill. But the display looks so good, I said to the dentist, I can't ruin that display. When the show ends in about fifteen minutes, then we can go to town on that. But trying to keep Todd's fingers from, you know, diving into I know that's your favorite lineup here. All right, we'll close up shop here. We're going to do the m VP game.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: You have a number in front of you and uh so, Paulie, what number do you have?
Speaker 4: I have the it looks like the second pick of the draft.
Speaker 1: Okay, Seatan number one? Okay, Todd, I'm trying to read this number.
Speaker 9: It looks like a four, looks like some kind of hieroglyphics to me form writing.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure what is this in Roman numerals or that?
Speaker 11: Tell me what that said?
Speaker 1: Marvin, what do you have? Do you have five? Four? Okay? Then Todd, you have five?
Speaker 6: That's that's five.
Speaker 1: That is a curious five, got it? That's my five? Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I have three curious all right, So Setan has the first choice.
Speaker 1: I would like to trade who has two or who has five? Todd does? I'll trade you for two, Todd, straight up, let's do it. All right, beautiful, we have a trade. Okay, Wait, you have to wait till the commissioner announced. You said we have a trade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Steeton, you go. And uh so it's a sake draft. Who is your MVP pick?
Speaker 3: I think that there's an obvious number one pick, okay, but as a form of protest, I think Josh Allen is.
Speaker 1: The obvious pick.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take Lamar Jackson so I think Lamar Jackson is grossly underappreciated, even as a two time MVP or a multily MVP winner. I'm gonna take Lamar Jackson because that's my guy, that's my dog.
Speaker 1: This is for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 15: Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought we were doing the MVP draft. No we are.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh the super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 1: Stay with Lamar Jackson. He gutsy ov the league too.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think we ever said it was a super Bowl MVP. We just kept saying an MVP.
Speaker 1: Exactly what it's a Super Bowl MVP. Oh, the super Bowl MVP. Yeah yeah, super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Well, Prince, everything is rigged for him. I'm gonna take Patrick.
Speaker 1: Mahomes, okay, obviously, who has number two? And I'm gonna take Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, I have the third choice. I will take Jalen Hurts. Marvin I would say Travis Kelcey, all right.
Speaker 4: Paulie, I will go back to back with Xavier Worthy and Jalen Carter.
Speaker 1: Okay. That leads us to four.
Speaker 2: Marvin Kareem Heart, Okay, so you're four. I'm three. Chris Jones okay, who has two?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: Butker Harrison Butker, Harrison, Boker okay and uh Setan.
Speaker 1: Anybody say a J. Brown? No they did not. I'll take a J.
Speaker 11: Brown.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of big names still on the board.
Speaker 1: Dallas Goddard saw.
Speaker 6: On the board.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 2: Right, that's Devonti Smith is on the on there too. What Marvin, are you you having buyer's remorse here?
Speaker 1: No, not at all. Okay, but Dallas god her Yeah, yeah, she said, nothing to do with anything.
Speaker 3: But somebody just suggested a new T shirt for Marvin sneaky, unathletic, no offense. Sorry, well just pickleball, realated. I think that's based off pickleball.
Speaker 1: No, you struggled a little bit, you did.
Speaker 3: I think Marvin kind of underperformed to a little bit in the au AA.
Speaker 1: I think there was a lot of hype there too.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, I'm not saying that you're getting a reputation, Marvin. I'm just saying that the audience is crafting a narrative here that you might not like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I can already tell I'm not going to take you.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 2: My wife ran into Marvin on the street yesterday and she said, Dan said, you were really down about the way you played like.
Speaker 1: She was really surprised and that was just practicing. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I talked to my wife yesterday and I told her what happened. She goes, that sounds on brand. You are no fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, Marvin didn't ride in with us this morning. Oh big topic.
Speaker 3: I mean he didn't Monday did, Tuesday didn't. Today didn't get like the text of.
Speaker 1: Like hey I'm already here or whatever, just kind of ghosted us. There might be some sore feelings right now. This was just practice with pickle ball.
Speaker 6: We're talking about practice.
Speaker 1: I know, but not a game. You're gonna be a sad guy after tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Oh without if it goes like how I think it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: You can get it together. Prep got to dig deep, Marvin. Yeah, you gotta put the time in. What a lesson? Get in the lab, Marvin.
Speaker 2: Marvin was holding the pickleball like somebody does a fly swatter, like he was just trying to swat flies out of the air. And I will say, Fritzy, Uh, sneaky, sneaky athletic. We saw this in wiffleball, and I was not surprised to see you and uh. At one point, Fritzy wanted to be called Rotha Nadal and uh it was warranted yesterday with what I saw.
Speaker 11: Was I pushing it too far out of my body?
Speaker 1: No, no, not at all. I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: Let me get a couple of phone calls in here, Pandora in Nevada. Thanks for holding Pandora. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 10: Hey Dan? Thanks for having me. Yeah, a longtime listener, first time caller, five two five calling in my My husband had called on my forty fifth birthday, and you guys kind of made fun of my name.
Speaker 2: Sounds like us, Yeah, sounds about it, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's the question?
Speaker 10: No, So I actually wrote a stat of the day for you guys. Okay, we sent it in to Tyler on my birthday, he said the email at him, and I just want to let you know how important you guys are to us. When I was last July, I was in the hospital. I almost died from pancreatitis. And my daughter was sitting next to me in the hospital when I was in the ICU, and she's coloring and swinging her feet and she starts going stat at the day.
Speaker 12: Stead of the day.
Speaker 10: It was something that anchored me out of the brain fuzz I was in and back into Oh yeah, there is life outside of the hospital, and I used to sing the blues and that's when I decided I had to write you guys as stat of the day song.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm ready for it.
Speaker 10: Well I sent it in.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, okay, we'll play next week then.
Speaker 10: That would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank you. I'm just hearing about it now, but thank you. Pandor she think she called in with her stat of the day song.
Speaker 3: Uh, send a bracelet or a necklace with some charts, David in.
Speaker 1: Can we after the story?
Speaker 6: Can we make fun of herself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's that's kind. That's what we do. People are like everyone in my family.
Speaker 2: Just like Ah, that thinks David in Ohio.
Speaker 1: Hi David, Hey Dan, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 15: I made the bet with killing the graphics guy over under five and a half Taylor shift camera Pans. I didn't know how we were going to be tracking that or how you want to do that. I'll be We're having a party Super bo Bowl party at.
Speaker 11: Our house and I'll be David game. But I didn't know how we're going to track that.
Speaker 1: Well, they they'll do that. For you. Uh, the prop bet people will do that.
Speaker 2: But it's from the start, from the kickoff to the final whistle when it goes zero zero zero, not anything before when she arrives or after if they happen to win and she's on the field. But we'll keep keeping on that. Yes, Marvin, you have something to say.
Speaker 1: Why are you now? You're down?
Speaker 6: I am really unfine.
Speaker 2: The body language is bad right now. The body language is bad. Yeah, but hey, don't worry about it. It's only going to be on camera for millions of people to see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, just like the hands. Yeah, we'll forget about this.
Speaker 2: Why did you have to bring up the hands? We don't, Marvin. What did you learn on today's program?
Speaker 5: Tom Brady has three Hall of Fame careers.
Speaker 1: Uh, Marvin. By the way, Marvin saw Tom Brady last night.
Speaker 6: I sure did.
Speaker 5: We're walking by about six security guys and nice suites. Hey, boom, you gotta stop. Tom Brady walks out of a nice presidential suv.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we learned.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Keeper's Heart, new and unique style of whiskey that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating a smooth character of Irish whiskey and the old flavors of American whiskeys. If you're a whiskey fan, you got to try it. Please drink response. Thanks for joining us, our pleasure to serve you for fritzy. Marv Seaton, Paula yours truly. We'll talk to you tomorrow.