Speaker 1: Babe, we're going to talk about one of my favorite episodes today purely because of the flashbacks.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, the flashbacks.
Speaker 1: The flashbacks, Oh my goodness, we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Virgin Vergins.
Speaker 1: Written by the Liz Merriweather.
Speaker 3: Directed by Alec Berg. I want to just start by saying, the wigs and I'm speaking, I'm speaking personally for me. It's so funny that they show I think in this episode they showed multiple flashbacks.
Speaker 1: Multiple like so many flashes. It's all told during a fight. We got to sit around on the couch. I remember we shot that on one day basically, yeah, because the bulk of the episode is everyone telling their individual stories and that's what we spend most of the time shooting.
Speaker 3: I remember when there there's the the afro that Winston had, which is so stupid.
Speaker 2: It was like part of me was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, did Winston never have a regular haircut back in the past, Because they go for flashback to this weird ass afro. Then they show us at the bar when Schmid tries to talk to you, and they cut back to the table and have corn rows.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: They really went for it with the hairdoos. That hair department had so much fun. I remember them panicking when they did the bar flashback because they were gonna have Jess kind of have like her bang swept to the side and have the no bang look, and they didn't want me to have the no bang look, so instead I got those like janky nineties chunky highlights. Yes, and it was that wig and I was like, how am I going to pull this off? This looks crazy? And we basically they kind of scrubbed all the makeup off our face to make us look younger, and I was like, wow, that's the Campbell. You don't know what all of us look like when we haven't been you know, especially for girls, you haven't gone through the works. So it was kind of funny to watch it back and be like, oh man, we kind of sell it is cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they so fun.
Speaker 3: Fact about the the the younger version of Nick and Winston in that hotel room, they pitched our voices up, did they really? I didn't know that until I watched it, Like our voices they in posts, they pitched our voices up.
Speaker 2: That makes sense, Yeah, And I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: I remember doing it normally, you know, like trying to be flirtatious with these you know, with these prostitutes, and then watching it back recently going what do I sound like that I can't get my voice to go that high? And I was like, oh, that's right. They pitched us up a little bit, a couple octaves.
Speaker 1: So much dirt on this episode, why don't you break it down for us?
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: In this episode we find everyone at the loft telling stories of how they lost their virginities. That's right, the good, the bad, the ugly, and the dirty, from prostitutes to toy castle's to extraordinary amounts of a lubrication. There might even be some weird German sex toy that we never see.
Speaker 2: So that's it.
Speaker 3: So that's it, Like like you said earlier. Written by Liz Meriweather, directed by Alec Berg, Let's take a dive in.
Speaker 1: I remember Liz talking about this before even did the table reach. She was so excited, you know, because we had this second season and we could really get to know the characters now. And it's something I feel like all friends at some point discuss, like how did you lose your virginity?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking, are you gonna tell me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, I was saying, I don't know if I ever had that discussion. I was gonna tell you. I mean, I don't mind telling you, but I wasn't. There was nothing I can tell you. Coming to one of my comedy shows. I'll tell you how I tried.
Speaker 1: Get multiple attempts trying to somebody take it. I was trying right here anyone interested.
Speaker 3: I mean I was literally out there soliciting. I was like, I will pay you for sex.
Speaker 1: Did they get your storyline from you? Just chatting at lunch one day?
Speaker 3: I was like, please, I don't have that much money, don't I work at Walmart, and like, they don't pay you that much, but like, what please.
Speaker 1: Get your employee discount. It's two percent.
Speaker 3: Well I couldn't give it away. But yeah, I'm just what I'm saying is I don't know Kyle. So Kyle's back here. Coyle's one of my closest friends in the world. Kyle, have we ever had that talk of how we lost our virginities? Kind of did when Joe writing, But like, I don't know how you lost your virginity.
Speaker 1: Maybe Kyle told you I.
Speaker 2: Heard another story.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kyle is trying to say is he shared it with you and you have found it forgets a bolt. No, that man bared his soul and shared a story from his past. And you're like, we never talked about it, and Cal's like, no, I guess not.
Speaker 3: But we talked to other stories that we didn't use. But he doesn't know how. I actually lost my mind.
Speaker 1: I feel like you really want to tell the story?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: I was, Yeah, here we go, paid a picture.
Speaker 3: It was a Wednesday. You're a misconception about Wednesdays is that it's a boring day. But let me tell you something that this day, hump day, it was nasty.
Speaker 2: I was alone. Okay.
Speaker 3: So Schmidt's going on a date with Elizabeth, it's a girl he hasn't had sex with since he was big, while Winston has a date with Daisy the wonderful Brenda.
Speaker 1: Song, Yeah Brenda.
Speaker 3: So this is this is a really funny moment between again the flashbacks with young Nick Young Schmidt and there.
Speaker 2: You know in the he's asking for advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, He's sitting there questioning Nick about like, you know, how do I how do I do this?
Speaker 2: How do I do this thing?
Speaker 1: What that flashback? There's so many flashbacks that flashback is so funny. It's we all had that friend who act like they knew everything, and we're like the sex savants. Oh my gosh, and we're gonna like make sure that you had all the information right. I mean, I remember, I remember being in high school and there was a girl who says that she'd had sex, and it was I remember her just telling everybody it was the greatest thing in the entire world. It's like you see through to another universe. It's the most amazing thing that's ever happen. And oh my god. And I was young, I'm like thirteen or fourteen, and she's like, if you had sex. I was like no. She's like, what if you die tomorrow, you'll die and never have had sex. It's like you weren't even a lie jeez. And I was like whatever. It sounds super intense and now I'm scared, but I remember. It was like I'll never forget those words. It was like, if you die before you lose your virginity?
Speaker 2: Did you even there was no life you lived? Why were you born?
Speaker 1: And I met Now I look back and I go like, no, poor child, she probably never had sex.
Speaker 2: Oh she never did. No, she never did.
Speaker 1: She tried and got rejected and he said with someone else, yes, And now she had to walk out and make it seem like she had had sex with It was magical. It was magical, and I saw through one another universe. And now I need everyone to experience a thing that I have never experienced and tell me about it, because I don't know what it's like.
Speaker 3: It was she she says, she had sex with Skeet Alric and like, I guess that was the heart thought back then.
Speaker 1: He he was like the what like the Johnny Depp on Game Night?
Speaker 2: We call it the poor man's Johnny Depp.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's exactly what he was. Equally his hot man. Nobody's will say.
Speaker 2: No nothing poor man about.
Speaker 1: Oh a good looking man. Somebody called me like the poor woman's Angelina Joelia like take us so much, so much anything, so the whole the whole episode gets the stories all come out because Jess gets a text from Teddy who's in town and wants to get a drink. And Teddy's the guy who sold her flower, which is one of the funniest things with Jake Johnson to like he stole something from you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get it?
Speaker 1: Yes, so sweet, protective, loving and completely does not understand it's a euphemism exactly.
Speaker 2: So it's prom night.
Speaker 1: She starts to the story. She tells a story.
Speaker 2: Here's two thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this scene I was so I was literally squirming in my seat.
Speaker 3: With Johnny Pemberton shout out, Johnny Pemberton's just like, can I can.
Speaker 1: I freak you to? Do you have your permission? Do you have your permission? Do you have permission? I remember having this conversation with Liz at some point and with other girlfriends at some point, this idea of like, where's the line of like making sure everybody's on board with whatever is going to happen between us two people without making it feel weird and like you need some intensity and energy and that's a delicate line. Yeah, and this guy is trying to do it all right, and you can just see her being like this.
Speaker 4: Is working, it's not working and obviously played again beautifully by by Johnny Pemberton, so funny and uh, which I think was really cool because then she goes in the hallway and then meets a different.
Speaker 1: Guy, different guy just being like swaggy.
Speaker 2: Just all swagged out trying to be swagged out.
Speaker 1: All romantic, effortless.
Speaker 2: But but then we jumped.
Speaker 1: Forward to I also like that she went out there to find a seam ripper. Yes, so the most like just way of losing your virginity is like she's out in the hallway, not because she's like I need a minute, She's genuinely like, I don't like I made the dress and I'm sewn in. Oh, I gotta do it. I just like the fact that they kept her so on brand and so in character. Even in the flashback, You're like, this this tracks.
Speaker 2: We talked about this.
Speaker 3: We were like when I I was watching it yesterday and we're like, they look so much like them.
Speaker 2: I was like, that is Hannah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, holy shit, that was exactly like Hannah. And every time she's in the flashback, I'm like, that's the most perfect casting.
Speaker 1: At you see, I know their little.
Speaker 3: So flashback junior year of college, Schmidt knows Nick or Schmidt shows Nick that he bought lube Yeah because he plans on merging with Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: And he says his nickname in high school was this sex ever, which is basically what that girl was in my high school. She was the sex everge for sure.
Speaker 3: Yep, for sure. Yeah, and Schmidt. I love when Nick pretends to know everything, you know. One of his questions that he asks is if I being a girl, will she die, which is a question that I'm gonna play out there for you guys out there.
Speaker 1: Is that the thing you're this? That's that's I mean. I remember a friend of mine he had never had sex before he was getting married. They were both virgins, and he was just like, so we're gonna, you know, on the wedding night do it. And I was like, listen, I'm gonna give a tiny piece of advice. Don't do that. Don't do it on the wedding night. Like just get to know each other and hang out and make up. Just don't be's like, you must have sex on the wedding I've been waiting for a very long time. And I was like, let's just you don't really know what's going on. Maybe just like meet the body, take a good look around. And he's like, well, I have a sister, like I know, like all sorts of stuff that goes on with like with like women's bodies and whatever. And he goes and he goes like, I know you guys pee yourself all the time. I says, sir, what do you mean, I mean, like we pee all the time like normal humans we pee. And he's like, well, that's why you have those like little stick on diapers that you wear all the time. I said, do you know what a do you know what a period is? And he said, like in a sentence, Murne. I literally was like, you're getting married in a week. There is not enough time. There's not enough time to explain all the things. And I literally was just like, listen, you're gonna learn a lot of things, like there's a there's bleeding. There's like a lot of things that are gonna surprise you, and they might scare you. With this woman of I can I ask one thing of you, one thing of you is please don't have sex with her on your wedding night. You know, the least of anyone I've met, and I've spoken to like five year olds, like don't please just marry her and then just sit on the far end of the table and talk to her and get to know what a woman.
Speaker 2: One of those arranged marriages.
Speaker 1: Kind of actually it was through a Christian college. Oh boy, they want to let to kiss or hold hands or anything. And so he was really like really wanted to have sex, and he's so I got to get married, and so they they want they went to go get married. They had to go to a counselor first because they had to work on forgiveness because she had a few years before before you with him, she had kissed a boy once.
Speaker 2: So she had to go through training, Yeah, to get that out of her system.
Speaker 1: That's right, forgiveness.
Speaker 2: Are they still married?
Speaker 4: She didn't.
Speaker 1: Wait, I don't know, we lost touch.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I just I just remember him being like, well, you guys pee yourself all the time. So were those tick on type person? I was like, it was oh, oh my god, oh wow, ohky okay. Anyway, that story would fit perfectly in this episode because I feel like that's about as much as Schmid and Nick knew about sex.
Speaker 2: Well, Nick rooms, So have you ever done shrooms? Don't answer that the no?
Speaker 1: I haven't, No, have you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh? And was it this accurate depiction of what can happen? You think that you have a magnet in your hand?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was talking to like animals.
Speaker 1: Real animals or animals you were imagining real animals.
Speaker 2: They weren't. They weren't.
Speaker 3: They might have been real, I'm not sure. But I also thought John Hamm was the devil?
Speaker 1: Was he there?
Speaker 2: He was there?
Speaker 1: You did shrooms with John ham.
Speaker 2: He didn't do any Oh.
Speaker 1: I was on shrooms and John Hamn was in the room and maybe animals.
Speaker 3: Yes, I left. He had He had told me I should go drink some water. And when he said I should go drink some water, his voice was so deep and there was like a red neon light behind him that I immediately put two and two together and went Satan, Yeah, he's trying to drown me out. And so I got up and I walked away to go get water.
Speaker 2: I thought I was.
Speaker 3: Being like like cool about it, like yeah, dude, and I and apparently I like because when I told we told the story to him, he was like, yeah, dude, I told you to go get some water because you're.
Speaker 2: Kind of out of it, and then you ran.
Speaker 3: I was like, is that what I did? He's like, yeah, that you bolted out into the forest, And so I ran into.
Speaker 1: The forest forrest. Where were you with John ham.
Speaker 2: I was in Ohio. I was at Dave Chappelle's house.
Speaker 1: You were. I feel like we should have set the scene first.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to skip through it because I don't want to implicate nobody, but I was truly. I was like, I thought like I would do some strooms before this party because I was like cool man, you know, but I didn't realize.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that I would be the only one.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the Nightmare. I was like, you're in the Nightmare, You're the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it was me.
Speaker 3: Anyway, You're in the Jordan Peele movie exactly. So Jordan's hey, right, hey, Jordan, write that up.
Speaker 2: Put me in it. Daniel Busy, Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Nick takes mushrooms, any trips balls and then yeah, and when Schmidt and Elizabeth they returned to the dorm room because remember they're going to do it to each other, he tries to sneak out, but Schmidt slips off of the bed.
Speaker 1: I swear the scene had me. I fell off my couch last night I was watching it. I forgot it's the way that Max chooses to try and sit up one had me dead. It made no sense. It was full, like just wacky. And then Jake, because you know, it's not written. They just probably said help him get up the ladder, puts his head in Max's but and tries to push and slips. I was done. I was like, I would have paid anything. I remember seeing them coming from shooting that scene to whatever scene we were gonna do, and everybody's eyes were like red rying. They're like it was the craziest thing and the funniest thing to have ever witnessed.
Speaker 3: My favorite is, and I don't know if this is intentional, and this is a bit of trivia for you. Obviously you have the notes in front, so you're gonna cheat. But like Schmidt, Yeah, else, I'm coming Elizabeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: When he's about to go up there and do do the thing, he yells, I'm coming Elizabeth. I don't know if anybody else caught that, but that is that is a line from Sanford and Son, Red Fox, Red Fox and Sanford and Son. His wife Elizabeth passed away, and so every time something bad happens, he always fakes a heart attack and he goes, oh.
Speaker 2: This is the big one. Oh, there's the big one. I'm coming, Elizabeth. I'm coming to join your hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Max screams, I'm coming to Elizabeth. Max is such a sitcom fan and like and like he studies it and he understands the world of multicam.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he knew that.
Speaker 1: What's funny is I remember the line when I watched it, but it sounded like ad R to me, And I wonder if it's something he thought about when they're like, we need you to do something to like talk to her, like, yeah, right now, it's just you and Nick rolling around in some loos. Let's acknowledge the woman at the top of the bed. Let's do something about that, say something. And I wonder if then he made the choice intentionally afterwards, because it sounded like an ad R line to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it possibly was, Yeah, it possibly was.
Speaker 3: I And I was curious when I read when I when I watched that, I was like, I wonder if anybody out there.
Speaker 2: I wonder if any fans caught that.
Speaker 3: I know Max did, but I'm wondering if the folks in TV land out or the viewers caught that. Do yourself as a favorite, go watch some Sanford and Son. It's one of the greatest TV shows of all It.
Speaker 1: A side by side of those moments and when we come back. I'm going to talk about how we need the bitch fell in love with a beautiful woman, then a very sweet loss of his flower.
Speaker 2: We are back. Okay, Let's let's jump into Winston's Virgin story.
Speaker 1: With the business trip to New York.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that it's a business trip and they're pretending to be business men.
Speaker 1: It's this. There's something about how Jake with the braces chooses to talk that also had me crying, because you know, when you know your friend, I could tell he loved that whole get up so much. He loved playing this character so much. You could just tell, which just tickled me made me laugh so much.
Speaker 2: That's like he talked about this before on this show, the mess around that he he just.
Speaker 3: Finds it, you know what I mean. Like he's like, oh, and we get so many takes and you're kind of playing around with it.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I could tell immediately he might have had something in his mind. But the moment he put the braces on, I was like, Oh, yeah, this is where I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna do their hair.
Speaker 1: It was also funny because I could tell you you also loved him, because I was like, man, I've never seen Lamore lick his lips so many times. It was the craziest thing in the world. I was like, you would do it before every single line you delivered. Also had me rolling last night.
Speaker 2: So fun fact. I was doing El cool J, Hello cool Ja.
Speaker 3: Whenever I think, oh, I gotta go its like sexy Bode, I immediately go Ello cool J because he licks his lips all.
Speaker 1: With die so much. He's just hungry and.
Speaker 2: His hands together, like oh he about to dive in. That was hungry. That's feast in front of him.
Speaker 1: That's written.
Speaker 3: So that's what I was like, That's what I was doing in that in that moment. So Ello cool J, if you're watching, I stole from you and guys.
Speaker 1: It is so funny because I will say this. I remember growing up in Cyprus when we would have these conversations with friends. A lot of like the local boys, their dads did do this. They would there was a lot of sex workers on the island and they would take their You're like, where's it.
Speaker 2: I was just curious.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Cyprus. I'm sure it happens in a lot of places, but I just remember people being like, oh, yeah, I had sex with and whatever at whatever age, and I was like, with who's she your girlfriend? Whatever? And they'd be like, no, my dad, Like they took me away for a weekend. Just then they came back and I was like, what in what world? But that was like a common thing. No again, I'm not saying for everybody, but I heard definitely more than one or two stories in my school, and we had a very small school.
Speaker 2: My dad wasn't around. Again, those are one of the one of the things I do.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: I didn't know how to do. Yeah, I didn't know how to solicit sex workers.
Speaker 1: I didn't. Then you got in a TV show and they showed you, they taught you.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, businessman, go to New York.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, my gosh, mysteria those actresses, honestly, they were absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: Octopussy and Mysteria, Misteria.
Speaker 1: Then naming, I wish i'd been in the room when they got to name what the women were going to be called. We heard that Berkeley Johnson was like the king of naming people. Yeah, it was from him because octopusy it was a crazy name.
Speaker 3: So in this one, Winston he did it. He lost his virginity for ten long seconds. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But meanwhile Nick couldn't go through with it, but he did discover his love of alcohol. Yes, I love it.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I really, I really don't know what it was like, but I did discover I love drinking. And then I was like, well that's good. Yeah, And they're like, how many red flags is Farina going to drop here?
Speaker 3: But it was a cool even though it's a it's a silly episode about hiring prostitutes to lose your virginity, it was a cool moment in that his dad was kind of like, listen, son, you know, I just maybe it's ain't the right thing for me to do, but I just don't want you to miss out on some things when you're overthinking life so much, right, you know what I mean? It was a cool even though it's kind of a weird way to deliver a message, it was like a fun moment between or a nice moment between father and son in that right.
Speaker 1: He wasn't mad at him that he didn't go through with it. He was just trying to sit there and be like, like, just be open to things exactly. Maybe not the things I'm bringing you, but be open to this. Be open Okay, when we come back, we have to talk about one of the most infamous flashbacks in the New Girl world, Yes, which is the sliding doors moment at the.
Speaker 2: Hannah.
Speaker 3: You you said you wanted to discuss a flashback that happened. But before we get into that flashback, I want to recap some of the episodes in which you had a job to do when you failed damn near all of them.
Speaker 2: That's recap ended.
Speaker 3: You were supposed to find the bear, and in damn near every episode you didn't.
Speaker 1: I found a panda bear?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean did you?
Speaker 1: I did? Come on, I found Max Greenfeld shouting about dub bears.
Speaker 2: Anna, what episode are we on? Twenty something? And you found two?
Speaker 1: I found bears?
Speaker 2: Oh jesez feet Did you find one in this episode?
Speaker 1: Teddy bear? Look, sometimes we have to be created with the bear.
Speaker 2: It could be Teddy bear.
Speaker 1: Teddy bear, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you what these streets are saying, If the streets are saying Teddy Bear, then the streets the streets is done. Yeoll, streets is done and you just appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's talk about the flashback because I remember reading this at the table read and I loved it so deeply because I feel like that's always the question, right, had any of these people ever met before? Had we crossed paths before?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually really cool to see. It was. It was very cool to see.
Speaker 3: It was kind of like, I don't know how to describe it, but it was a cool treat for fans of the show.
Speaker 1: Like Schmidt like approached CC and ask his dumb question and walk away, and she's like, but then like there's like a little light in the eyes of like, I don't know. That's kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one day, yeah, one day. Who knows that happens.
Speaker 3: I can tell you there maybe maybe been two or three times which in which I would meet a woman and not think anything of it, and then we end up kind of interested in each other years later, and where we discover that we.
Speaker 2: Actually met before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we met before, we met briefly at this party at this time, and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I go, WHOA, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: But then you don't feel like it's about timing, Okay.
Speaker 2: It was like I felt like only have sex to Seinfeldt Transition music that's the.
Speaker 1: Show we put on. But I feel like if you meet like a lot of couples that have been together for a long time, always in their their backstory there is usually this like ship's passing in the night moment. It seems to be quite common, like the world is smaller than you think.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that it happens and that they're not interested whatsoever. And the girls laugh it off about dumb those boys love and then we know it's kind of reminds me of the end of the series, right when you get this epic flash forward, right, because in a weird way, then this whole series becomes the flash forward from that flashback.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, look at us out here.
Speaker 1: We solved it. We so, so we know that you lose your virginity whist and loses virginity Nick Nick falls in love with Boothe Yes, that was his big coming of age moment. And so now we're still trying to figure out who is Teddy? Who's Teddy because just like a lot of women I know, including myself, Jess is she's dialled all the way back. So we have all of these false ideas of who Teddy is. MM hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then we find out that, you know, when she's in a this is interesting. She is in a little kid's castle at a playground.
Speaker 1: That's right. Well, she sees him again. She sees the guy with the guitar in the bar. That's where in the bar flashback, she sees him again, right, And then they're like, let's go hit it. Yeah, And then they decide to go. They can't get to his place because he's like sleeping living.
Speaker 2: In his car, she's sleeping on a friend's cat ouch.
Speaker 1: So they find somewhere else and they go into.
Speaker 3: A little kid's playground, correct, So have sex. And I'll say, okay, so it's the actor is Dylan O'Brien, And Dylan O'Brien can't get hard.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Dylan o' brian cannot get hard, So I'm just gonna put that out there. They get stuck in this castle, yes, and and he can't get hard because of his antidepressants.
Speaker 1: That's right. So he's also like a bummer, yes, And he can't perform the one thing that she would like him to do, and now he's crying. It's a mess. He said. It always works when he's alone in the shower and.
Speaker 2: Then he goes, yes, he does. Then he goes, I might be gay. I think I'm gay.
Speaker 1: All the firemen are They're trying to like like chop him out. At this point, then they realized that while they were there overnight a man got murdered feet from them, and they didn't witness the crime.
Speaker 3: Right, But also what was crazy about this is that there were two crimes happening but nobody got charged.
Speaker 2: You can't have sex at a playground.
Speaker 3: You can't be butt naked out at a park where children go. The fact that, let me tell you about white privilege. Let me tell you something. Okay, if I got a pee real bad, and I'm leaving the club late at night and I got a pee and then I see like a tree and I'm like, okay, let me go and pee right out the tree. And the cop pulled me over and I'm peeing because my wiener is out, and then he goes, OOO, can't do that. You are now a sex offender. But they can go butt naked got a playground and the cops come and they go, let's just get you home safe.
Speaker 1: Who I will say there was a little transactional moment that may have just made teddy.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Look out of the way. He did have sex.
Speaker 2: He did have sex with.
Speaker 1: They're on the ride home, and then there were no charges laid, of course nothing. So I'm just saying, sometimes, let me tell you something. Okay, how about this. I'm leaving the club right, and I got a peace so bad. The line was long in the club, so I didn't want to go in there. So I say, I'm gonna go outside by this tree. Pull it out, and I go to pee by a tree.
Speaker 3: No one's looking. Police come, you know where, about to arrest you, and I go, should I have sex with you instead? Well? This drop the charges because then I'll be a sex offender and I'll be accused of bribery trying to bribe a police.
Speaker 2: Like you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 3: This episode, I didn't like that last but I was like, lock them up, lock them up, lock them up.
Speaker 2: That's what I was chanting at the TV.
Speaker 1: I mean I was. I was pretty shocked too. There's a lot of children standing around. Yeah, I was like, what the fuck is happening? But there was a murder that happened, so you kind of have to pick your battle.
Speaker 3: So if you're going to offend sexually, make sure you do it in front of a crime scene.
Speaker 1: That's right. Makes sure a bigger crime crime, that's right. I'm going to commit a crime. Let's go to a place where lots of crimes happen, and then they will pick the bigger crime. And that's what we just learned.
Speaker 3: But here's what I love about this episode is that people they finally do the deed that's right, and then we show their flashbacks, then we show their current situation. Winston and Daisy, they get it on and what we know excites Winston is being distracted a little bit and they have to throw some Titanic on the TV and they gets a little excited.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know, CC wants to wait before having sex with Chavrong.
Speaker 1: That was another moment. It's so interesting how they do that on this show again because everyone's rooting for Cec and Schmidt and Chevrong is like a very likable character. He's trying He's not trying to be some like weird traditional person. He's just sort of like, all right, like should we try this out? So then you know, you know, and I know and see how this works. But she really just doesn't want to have with him. That's really what it is. I don't think it's cause she wants to wait, she's just realizing some things, and it's it's you get to see that moment in such a tiny little scene which keeps like the hope alive for Cec and Schmidt.
Speaker 2: And Schmidt and Elizabeth they finally use the Archduke.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just also really funny.
Speaker 3: It's just really funny. And the big moment Nick and Jess finally.
Speaker 1: I forgot that happened. So I was like, oh, it's the end of the episode and it's all done. And then all of a sudden, I was like, whoa, what's happening? And you know, because you can feel the building of the music, and when she gets in the elevator right when he hears the story about like the fireman just like took her and it was like sexy how he just goes and you see the hand come in the elevator. I was like this. Everyone was the Oh my gosh, it was so awesome. And then the look they give each other the next morning where they're both like that when you don't have words because now you've done the undoable. You can't go back to how it was before. Now forever, forever.
Speaker 2: You know things now, I know what you feel like.
Speaker 1: That's all the things and taste. Oh wow, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know cut that nasty stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they didn't do any of that.
Speaker 1: I don't think they did any of that. But it was just like a really like it was just like such a surprising moment. This is why the rewatch for me is so fun. I genuinely forgot that. This is the episode where like ess.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Has it with Nick. It was cool to the moment leading up sexual experience is what it's about between justin Nick, not about all these stories, right.
Speaker 3: The moment leading up to it when she's like, I'm about to go meet him and he's like kind of like like are you sure?
Speaker 1: Like he also just cracked what turns her on, which was such an interesting thing. That's what like Nick learns throughout all of it, because there's the sweet guy being like can I have your permission? Do I have your permission? Do I have your permission? And it didn't work. Then there's the guy who's like all emotional and it just whole didn't work and then there was just like the hot fireman being like, I'm just scooping you up and this is what's happening. And he's like, oh, he just like sorted if I'm gonna have the best chance that that this is what it's going to be. Like, mmm, do you think so?
Speaker 3: For all the fellas out there, what you're saying is is just going clubver over the head and dragon.
Speaker 2: To your cane.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is ask questions.
Speaker 2: Shout out to the first guy, Johnny Pemberton. He did it right. You know what I'm saying. Are you okay? Do you feel safe? Is this cool?
Speaker 1: You? Like?
Speaker 2: He did it right? Don't be a fireman. Don't be a fireman in real life. Be a fireman.
Speaker 3: We need more confinement out there, but like, don't be a fireman in relationships. Anyway, let's go up right, all right, We're back, Hannah. You trying to mess around?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Always, babe, Yeah, babe.
Speaker 3: Who do you think one the most embarrassing losing your virginity story? Because that in the episode, it was a contest, you know who got the worst story? Who who do you think won that one?
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like Loki, it's Winston. I feel like it's pretty embarrassing to be like, I lost it to a prostitute that I did not know was a prostitute. It is a pretty embarrassing story. I mean because Schmid is with someone that he loves and cares about.
Speaker 2: Yes, but she's blinded, That's true.
Speaker 1: She is blinded by Loup, but they care about each other. There like where she's like, I think we have enough loop, She's like wiping it out. We were so funny. Yeah, I feel like everybody else's stories. I will say, a really fun fact that most people do not know about this episode is that, up until the day it happened, CEC's famous story of the famous person she lost her virginity to was gonna be Snoop Dogg Snoop, And it was gonna be Snoop. But Snoop is infamously hard to get a hold of. Not the best of returning calls. Is what they learned at that time period. I don't know what it's like now, what's that Snoop and didn't show up? Didn't show up? There? They had to scramble and then they just kind of like made be Snoop.
Speaker 3: I hope i'llpe you watching this. You didn't return our phone calls, but Prince did.
Speaker 1: That's a fact, mind you. Prince was an incoming call. Yeah, we were trying to call Snoop, but Prince called us.
Speaker 2: We had some iconic musicians on this show, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: If this season Snoop, you could have been in the Taler Swift season and it would have been the Snoop and Taylor Swift season.
Speaker 2: It would have been the Snoop season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would have been in the history books of New Girl.
Speaker 2: What and what has your career amounted to?
Speaker 1: I know, where's the legacy, Snoop?
Speaker 2: Now you've got nothing. It could have had, something.
Speaker 1: Could have had, something could have been in my flashback catchag regrets.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, which which loftmate's virginity story do you most relate to?
Speaker 1: I really, I really did like the Schmidt Elizabeth story. I think it's probably the most accurate of two people that don't know a lot and one trying to overcompensate in a way that makes it so weird and crazy. Ye. I think that's probably one of the most relatable and sweet ones. I think also just a storyline is probably true too, where you're like this high school boyfriend I really like. And then as you're kind of actually realizing what it's gonna be about, you realize, oh, there's no passion here. Yeah, we're just both like good at math Like, this is not gonna work. Sexual energy in chemistry is a different thing. We do not have it, and your body is primal. It'll just be like away.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I never did it to a math leat, never did, never did.
Speaker 1: Never got those numbers.
Speaker 3: I think for me, I think it would be Schmidt, and it would be Schmidt and Elizabeth as well, just because I was it was my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was my girlfriend. You know what I mean. Only different is I was a version she was not.
Speaker 1: Oh is that helpful in the bounce of the situation or did you feel like I don't know what I'm doing it just to tell me everything?
Speaker 2: I say it was helpful. I say it was helpful because she was.
Speaker 3: You know, some people think that you got to just be you gotta just you gotta walk in near it, lay it down and know this.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. This is this is that's not that's not the vibe.
Speaker 2: That's not that that's not the vibe.
Speaker 1: If you don't know what you're doing. Don't listen. Don't watch any instructional videos either. That's not the vibe, because.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something to help you.
Speaker 3: Some of these videos on the Hub, they ain't very instructional the Hub.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking any more questions.
Speaker 2: If you know, you know, But don't watch.
Speaker 1: That Kyle giggle. I feel the giggle. I can't even see him, but I feel Kyle giggling.
Speaker 2: Don't watch those videos.
Speaker 3: You got to talk to your partner, you got to communicate, and I learned that at an early age.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, this last question is what did you think when reading the script for the first time and seeing Nick and Jess finally get it on. And I don't actually remember either, And I really when I watched it last night, my jaw hit the floor because I always just remember this season of being about the cooler kiss. I genuinely thought that's as far as it went. I didn't realize that then this happened. And this is what I love so much about Liz. And Liz wrote this episode where she's like, these are grown ups. This is not a teenager show. Like these are grown ups and they have that chemistry. They've been battling it. At some point, something's gonna happen. They live together, and I just love the way the build up of it was, which is, we're all going to talk about how we lost our virginity, what that looked like. And Jess talks about all these failed attempts basically of vibes that just did not work, and then he cracks the code and then he gets his hand in that elevator.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: That's what you gotta do next time you walk in down a hallway. Fella's office building could be a doctor's office, could be an apartment complex. If you see a young lady going to the elevator and it's closer, stick your hand and they're a real fan.
Speaker 1: I will say, how many romantic comedies and I feel like, have that moment where the girl is like so mad and then he goes running away and gets in the elevator and you see the hand come in and stops it and he's like, I'm not letting you leave. There's so many movies have used that trope. Yeah, and it has that like weird like sense of recognition to be like, he's not gonna lose her.
Speaker 3: He's not gonna give up. He went the extra mile. He's you stop the door from closing, he stops. He really, he really put himself out there, not on my watch, Like, yeah, man, you really went for it. Bro call me when she at the airport and you you buy a ticket to hop over to go through TSA and then you stop it from getting on that plane or you get on that plane.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Then you take your in the bathroom. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's that's when that's when you really did something. You two feet away from your apartment door. Congratulations, that was very sweet whatever.
Speaker 1: There was a line I can't remember where it was, but I made me laugh out loud where they say like, aren't you a virgin and he goes, just my penis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just my penis, baby, just my penis.
Speaker 2: But that was me for a while.
Speaker 1: Me laughed for a while to be like, that's just like trying to select sweat. It's like you got all the experience.
Speaker 2: But that was me for a while. I don't know that that was me for a while.
Speaker 3: I I was I lost my virginity late and I'd done other stuff.
Speaker 2: I just never just your.
Speaker 1: Penis you went out for like a drink with like Liz and Brett and Dave and told something, probably because it feels like probably a lot of truth woven into this just my penis. Oh, you guys, this episode had me laughing, yes.
Speaker 2: And I hope hopefully you all laughed at the episode as well.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you did. That's why you're fans of the show, So thank you for listening. Also, make sure you follow us on.
Speaker 2: Ig at the mess Around pod.
Speaker 3: Someone merch not this one, yeah, but this one too, cross promo shout out to the Litle Morning After Podcast.
Speaker 2: We'll be back next week with It's Winston's birthday.
Speaker 1: When is a bee? A bee?
Speaker 3: Days?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: That was the mess Around. This has been an iHeartMedia production. Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our engineer and editor is Mia Taylor. Additional production from Daniel Goodman, Wendy Heisler.
Speaker 2: And Kyle Shevron.
Speaker 3: Our theme song was written and composed by Ronald Jukebox Jackson.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna catch you next time. Bye,