Speaker 1: Welcome to the Man Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paulson here with two illustrious gentlemen, Fred Smoot and Santana mos Guys Training camp week.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, but I don't want to be called illustrious. Some don't feel manly about it, you know.
Speaker 1: Just call me like distinguished.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, and I'm growing on now.
Speaker 1: I'm you know what I'm saying, distinguished. I like that, do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like that distinguishedstrious guys training camps coming up. In the week leading up the training camp, high anxiety, low anxiety? Where were we at with?
Speaker 2: I was high anxiety and I don't know why, because I was I was happy to come back.
Speaker 3: But then it was like because I think you never know when your.
Speaker 2: Last training camp, So I think, so it's like this, I really don't want to do it, but I can't wait to go out here with the fellows. I can't wait to start this new season. So it's it's a start of something new, but the reinvent the something old, like you got to do it again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, antend. How'd you feel about it?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: One of the things about training camp, and I think I shared this last week. I trust me I was never prepared. I was prepared to go out there because I was in shape. I was ready to go. But I hate getting ready for like I hated just the whole round, the whole thing, like Okay, we report this day and I got to sit in these meetings and I got to go out here to practice. I wanted to just be dropped off into training camp and said, okay, when's work when we two and it's been getting ready for a preseason game.
Speaker 4: But once I was there, I was ready to go.
Speaker 5: And I just hated the whole wind up part of because I just felt like you get away from I had to go home to Miami. That was That's what I was. That's what I was leaving. And I knew what I was doing.
Speaker 4: When I was home.
Speaker 5: I was either vacating, you know, going out to South Beach, doing something with my homeboys. But training camp was like, Okay, it's time to go back to work. So when I got here, it was time to go to work. But getting here it was hard. It was real tough.
Speaker 2: I hated the waves like that because every morning you have to get to see people. Do understand we have to weigh in to make sure we not drastically losing weight because we practicing twice a day like we're doing it, like so those waves.
Speaker 3: Could change your whole day.
Speaker 2: You don't wait enough, you can't practice you like so I thought it was like one of the things where the weigh ends was too serious.
Speaker 1: Almost. Yeah, for me, it was like just the anxiety of knowing that that was the last day that I was gonna feel good for the whole year. And also for me it probably a little different than you guys, Like this was that was my job interview leading up to training camp, you know what I'm saying, Like that was like if I didn't do well over the next three weeks of practice, I wasn't gonna make the team, no right to move my family and iew all this stuff, and so there's a ton of pressure.
Speaker 3: Asso shaped with its first bite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, checking you know, I had a guy played before me, Edrin James, and he told me, say, man, at the year four, the season is going to go by so fast. Every year is going to this come and go, And training camp was so easy to me by year four, like honestly, I swear to God, by year four, I was almost like I'm just here and when I watched other guys go through the process or what I had to go through those first few years. I was trying to give them game like, look, bro, do this, do this, do this, It's gonna be easy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Have you somebody to take care of that body, because the body is what you need. Like it was hard to get up and go out there feeling like you felt. It's almost like that person who didn't work out for the last five years that's not working out for the first time.
Speaker 4: That was training camp. Makes you feel like we was going two days.
Speaker 5: We was going in the heat with the We didn't have this stuff that's going on now where you can't go out there twice.
Speaker 4: You got to have you have to have a walk through. It was no walk to guess what.
Speaker 5: We actually had three days of training camp because we had three days we walked through. Then we want to feel and then we want to feel again. So it was it was three days really.
Speaker 3: So don't have coach gilds A preaching that right there.
Speaker 5: But I made sure that it got easier for me. So the hardest part for me was just getting there.
Speaker 4: You know. I hated the whole leaving part.
Speaker 5: That's why I would come up four days early, just so I can make sure my mind is away from all the fun.
Speaker 2: And I just I hated. I like to play football, this is my thing. I enjoyed practicing, Yeah, everybody tea. I enjoy practicing. I enjoyed playing games. I did it all with a smile on my face. I hate preseason game because it's like I'm getting ready to play play play play play.
Speaker 3: I get in three plays and now.
Speaker 2: Like it's one of these, most of them, it's like emotional breakup, Like it's like, yeah, we in a relationship.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving you. Yeah, but you gotta get up for not like it was. So it was the same thing, but reverse for me. So you're like logan, you know, like preseason's big, big opportunity, that's what you're gonna make the team. And so I'm up. But you don't start the game. You're not don't start the second quarter, might even not start the third quarter, and all of a sudden, it's a fourth quarter. And you had to stay warm on this like mentally in it the whole time for ten plays in the fourth quarter, and it was so just a lot. It's a lot of stress and anxiety and for you it's like this up and down, and it's it's a weird time of year for sure. So but one thing I'm excited about, guys is we get to now watch training camp and we get to see how this team is going to be built moving forward. Right, And so I've got a little game I think we should play. I'm gonna call it training Camp Brackets. And so what I've done is I've put all the position groups, eight position groups into brackets, kind of like you know, the Final four whatever I got. So we got quarterbacks versus DB's, wide receivers versus linebackers, d line versus coaching, and then special teams versus running backs. And we're going to decide which group we want to watch more. Then we're gonna go to the next group, yeah, the final, the semi finals, and then we'll go to the finals and determine which position group we want to watch the most. So that's kind of what I'm I'm thinking about here. So do you guys want to start? Start with qbs and defensive backs. Let's do it all, right, What we got.
Speaker 3: QB's and defensive qbs.
Speaker 1: This is a this is a this is like in terms of position groups, that I did not want to see face each other till the.
Speaker 3: To me and this is it.
Speaker 1: It's the quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Yes, so so.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of young DB's I just really want to watch individually, but I'm sorry, this team star arts and then with the quarterback and Sam Howe is the guy that everybody eyes on, not just some people, every He's the reason for the season.
Speaker 3: I got to move the quarterbacks on to the next one.
Speaker 5: What do you think I'm with the quarterbacks? I mean, that's that was my most you know watched.
Speaker 4: Guy on my list.
Speaker 5: This you know, this training camp, I'm watching Sam, I am. I want to see every inch of what he's going to bring, you know what I mean, I'm looking at from the start to when we're saying we're really suiting up for this thing to go.
Speaker 4: You know, so you quarterback, you gotta be Sam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this is really tough because to me, like you got Kwan, you got Forbes, you got Percy, you got Forrest, you got this same jeweam coming back from the mold. Who's playing the nickel you know, dro what's he doing?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 1: Like, who's gonna be the the nickel dime? Guys like there's so much in terms of how the defense is going to be built that is in that group that I want to say, dB is so bad, man. I know they're going to be so impactful to this roster.
Speaker 3: But you might way say Jacoba brisket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that's the that's the problem, right is the most important part of this team is how Sam goes yes, and so it doesn't really matter like as much as that's going to be so fun to watch, and that group could be one of the best groups on the team, which is crazy to say that the defensive groups like, I want to know what Sam's doing. I want to know what the offense looks.
Speaker 4: We all do.
Speaker 1: I want to know what that's about. So as much as it pains me, and I know it changes you too, because we can't talk about Emmanuel Forbes.
Speaker 2: Now, you're right, listen to me, but I understand the importance of quarterback is serious.
Speaker 1: Let me just ask this, Is there any position group early on that you would no, no, let the game play out, come on, cheat you treat So I don't know if that's a surprise. Is that an upset in the first I.
Speaker 2: Think it is because so many store our first two draft picks, was in the defense room for them to be gone.
Speaker 5: And then just to know that that's they're a major upgrade to five backfield, you know what I mean, just not only talking about just these first two guys going to private party have a high uh you know, play potential. They're gonna make that defense as a whole better, you know what I mean. So, yeah, that's that's definitely a surprise.
Speaker 1: And to me, like that is that's a great point. That's like the like two first round draft picks all that stuff. So obviously like this feels like the finals happening in the first round.
Speaker 3: That's what happened. Man.
Speaker 1: That's tough, man, That's what.
Speaker 3: Happened when football is in the first of all football.
Speaker 5: If the quarterback is the driving force for every organization.
Speaker 4: So at the end of the day, we're not surprised.
Speaker 1: So let's just talk about the DVS because we're not gonna talk about it anymore. Right, Expectations for that group going into training camp number one storyline because again this last time we're gonna get to talk.
Speaker 4: About number one.
Speaker 2: Stordilane is the number one pick they managed for They're drafted him to be a lead dog. The question is can he be a lead dog? That's a question that we will be answered. And can this great defensive back field learn how to play with this great front full?
Speaker 1: Sure this is the question. Yeah you agree, major, Yeah, yeah, I agree to And I'm just again. And we talked about Kwan, we talked about Forbes. I'm excited for the safeties. I'm excited for Cam who's going to be the other box player. It's a bummer they're out, man, but that's how it goes. Next, Go next, Brack. We got wide receivers and linebackers and this is kind of a weird one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you know what, the linebackers don't have the names.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they are the group with the biggest question mark.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: So I can see why people be like, you know what, I know what I got it whie, I don't care over here.
Speaker 3: I want to see what I got a linebacker, like, I think that's the thing. Do you take quality over the unknown?
Speaker 2: Yes, because wide receivers I got all this depth in quality over here. A linebacker I got people fight for Khali.
Speaker 3: So it's one of the.
Speaker 4: Well do I go with.
Speaker 2: The unknown, And you know I'm going with the lineback because we don't know what the hell going on over Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's true. I totally agree. I think to y'all, I guess for me, it's the linebacker over the receipt I'm more in see that group because I know I know Terry's gonna come out and Ball. I know Johan's inna come out and Ball. I'm I guess the big question for me is Curtis, you know, like, what's his role going to be? I want to see that. I want to see what that looks like. And I think the other thing is those fourth, fifth, six receiver spots, especially with all those super talented undrafted for agents they brought him.
Speaker 2: The only question I got in the wide receiver room is who in the hell is Diamon Brown. Yeah, he stand up and showed me who the hell he is.
Speaker 3: I do not know yet.
Speaker 1: I love it. I love that insight, But it's still the linebackers. So how do you feel about it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean when it comes to this, I'm with Fred. When it comes we kind of already know what we have at the receiving position. The biggest question on his team I think going into the season period and I'm hoping because I know it's gonna be some free agent linebackers available. You know, we've been saying this open, you know, but it's gonna be some guys the training camp.
Speaker 4: Like that's a steal, Go get this guy. I'm hoping we can bring a guy to in here that we can kind of like.
Speaker 5: Put this to rest, because I do believe, like you can't go two years without addressing and getting a guy. It don't have to be a guy that's gonna come in here and be the dominant, you know, for us. I feel like we have some potential here that can really you know, especially off of that last game of the season that we saw last year with some of the guys that we had who we didn't know, who can you know, bring it like they brought it. I hope it's just want we bring someone else in, whether it's beginning the training camp or towards the end before the season, that we can kind of put this to the rest. But the linebackers are going to be number one on my list if I have to, you know, pick between them and the wire receiver.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 1: And I was also going to say for the linebackers, it's interesting because like that's kind of also like where that buffalo nickel falls in, right, just kwawning there, just caming there. You know this person take that spot.
Speaker 4: And bringing up the buffalo nickel.
Speaker 5: I wonder if that's the reason why we care less about that position, because we see we normally have more defensive backs on the field anyway, So it's almost like this this this this team. It's like, bro, we don't need no linebackers.
Speaker 4: We're straight.
Speaker 5: We have have enough athletic guys that we can put in here with the buffalo nickel that they can play both. But when it comes to other than that, this is our set. We play more of the buffalo nickel, then we need a traditional.
Speaker 4: Four to three look, you know what I mean. So that's probably why linebackers.
Speaker 1: We don't care what the lineback all right, So receivers out early any thoughts on receivers because we're not going to talk about him again for the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Put it like this will eat us be shocked if we go out there and training camp store and we like Jhan having a good camp, and I spect that Terry having a good camp, and I don't think it's nothing that the wide receiver group could do to blow us away, but the linebacker group can.
Speaker 1: And something that's not on here, and I kind of want to just tuck it in here is the tight ends with the receivers just for right now, all right? To add them in there obviously, Like.
Speaker 2: Cold is the guy that I want to see Cold? Well, I want to know who is Cold Turner? And and is he tough enough to play football?
Speaker 3: Because I know he's skilled enough. Is he tough enough to play this game on this lift?
Speaker 1: Absolutely so? Yeah? And you know Logan Thomas coming back from the injury, Curtis Hodge is looking good. Baits when they actually start running the ball, does Baits look like John Bates one of the best blockers in the NFL. But we're gonna go linebackers here with this round. Next one I think is really really interesting, and it kind of feels like the quarterback versus DB's. It's the defensive line versus the coaching And for whatever reason, I think strictly because chases in this in.
Speaker 3: This in this group, yeah, it makes it a soap out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes it a soap.
Speaker 3: Out, Yeah, most definitely.
Speaker 2: And I would go there, but guess what I know in Tanna know in you know, you put us in a contract year.
Speaker 6: We all ball, we all show up and do amazing NFL things when it's time to get that checked. So am I word about switting young showing up to rush the passer?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not coaching could take us to the playoffs. Who is this coaching staff going to make better? I see Curtis Samuel being better. I see Antonio Gibson being better. I see Johann Dowson being better. I see coaching being a difference. That we eight and eight and missed the playoffs by one game. Now with ten and seal them and ten and eight again going into the playoffs. So what I'm saying is, I think is coaching over the d line. Even though I love me some dirty down Ridgeway, I want to see what for Darien matthis you're gonna do, Like I want to see what these dudes are gonna do. But when I think about the story, the big story here it is coach be enemy and coaching period.
Speaker 1: And really, I mean you'd argue that another storyline is Jack del Rio, right, yeah, most of that. How he's gonna use kind of all these pieces in the back end, how he uses all these rushers, how they mitigate kind of a weak position with the linebackers, you know.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, and that's why I'm going to d line. I mean a friend with preaching.
Speaker 5: I was just saying, listen, you know what I mean. I mean, he is a preacher's son. So at the end of the day, I can't let him, you know, talk his talk. But I think the one thing that stands out, which he said he stated that is true. We know contract year bring a different beast out of you, but I have to see that beast.
Speaker 4: I want to see him because I've been waiting to see him, you know.
Speaker 5: I want to see Chase be that Chase that plays like It's almost like you know how when you get in one of those fights where you just blackout and people be like, man, bro, you went to guard the first thing you tell them, You're like, look, bro, I just I went to I went somewhere else.
Speaker 4: I got to see that Chase.
Speaker 5: I know he has it in him, and not alone just seeing what Chase is gonna do is I know we're not going to see it in the preseason, but the other talent that we got around him, we have a lot of depth. He talked about Mathis, he talked about Ridgeway, He talked about having talked about the young guys kJ Henry, We talking about Andrew Jones. We got some skillful guys on that D line to add to the Obadas, to the two heel to the to Smith Williams. We have a lot of depth at that D line position. So I want to see how this thing pans out. Who's going to be the guys rotating, then who's going to be the guys getting the most played in the preseason.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm interested in.
Speaker 5: I know the coach is gonna coach, but we always say the coaches coach.
Speaker 4: The players got to play. Got to see the players.
Speaker 1: Change your opinion? For nothing changes my opinion.
Speaker 3: But he browned up something to ask you a question.
Speaker 1: We gotta come to a consensus here, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, No, no, I gotta. He made me want to think something. I know you haven't drunk. I know you haven't smoked in your life. Have you ever got in a fight.
Speaker 1: Like a real off the field fight.
Speaker 3: Real off the field, I'm talking about bare knucker brawl.
Speaker 5: No, I've never been in a fight off broud what neighborhood you grew up in.
Speaker 1: I will say, if you don't drink, it's easier not to get in fight.
Speaker 3: But I fight as a kid I'm talking about I mean my cousin. We would.
Speaker 4: Look, I barely made out.
Speaker 1: Of middle school, brother, but that doesn't count.
Speaker 5: It's like I think, bro, I barely made out of middle school without fighting. Like I was actually kicked out my late part of middle school. And they was like, hey, don't worry about it. We just gonna see you the opportunity of school for you seen your hot because you say you fought too much over here and I'm like, look at me.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to start on fights. It was just it was just I'm in my way, you know what i mean. So for you to say you never got in a fight.
Speaker 1: Also, bro, Like I'm a I'm a big guy, right, So people like they come up to me and they're twice and they're like, oh, like people get a little noisy or whatever, and it's like, hey, man, like this is what we're doing. And it's like the face changes a little bit. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You would think out of all us, you wouldn't be the son of the preacher.
Speaker 5: Not me.
Speaker 1: I think I think that's why, man, Like that's why. But yeah, I will say, Well, I got in trouble at U Sa La. We were in training camp my sophomore year. I got in a fight in practice fourteen consecutive days, full like fist fight, helmets off, the whole thing. For whatever reason, football just brings that out of me, that that darker.
Speaker 3: Tell you was an animal.
Speaker 1: I was an animal.
Speaker 3: You had to call your mom and tell you it was a set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, and then no. So like the coach had to tell me, is like, if you get in one more fight, like we got to talk to you about whether or not getting the team next year. And I was like, all right, well, I guess I gotta stop fighting practice.
Speaker 2: I just want to see you do a little divilment, you know what I'm saying. I want to see you be a little regularly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I respect it.
Speaker 3: Man, put no light cream of irish in your coffee or nothing like. I just want to see that you live a.
Speaker 1: That's that's a fair point. So d line coaching. Tanna made an excellent argument for D line.
Speaker 3: And I'm still going with the coach.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna have to go coaching here, Tanna, I agree with you in terms of compelling positions. And I'm kind of mad at the producer right now. Jason. I know he just had a baby, so we can't be that mad at him. Got a great The old line is not on here, which is really frustrating. So wow, that's something that I would kind of ben.
Speaker 3: Line is not on there.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go coaching here.
Speaker 3: I got some saying cosmic questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah so do I Okay, this is an interesting one. Special teams versus running back. And before you immediately say running back, remember returner kick returner is part of the special teams.
Speaker 4: Let me jump by be folks to move, smove, don't jump down.
Speaker 1: You gotta get in there, Tanna.
Speaker 4: Quck he argued, he and he got a damn good mount. He don't argue.
Speaker 5: But no, honestly, when you talk about special teams and we're talking about preseason, we have to talk. We have to jump training camp because I don't think that you get enough dat you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean out there in practicing what.
Speaker 5: You can do for punt returns to k returning, you're catching, you're catching punts before practice. You catch him in a special team period. You know, you're basically getting guys together. That's who's not gonna be the one or the two. That's gonna be the third guy. So okay, you're gonna be on the kickoff, or you're gonna be in the punt team, or you're gonna be a flyer.
Speaker 4: We know how they get that together, but we're not gonna see it.
Speaker 5: We're not gonna see it get into play until we actually see a live preseason game.
Speaker 4: So I have to say running back.
Speaker 5: And the only reason why to me, I think this running back position stands out more than anything because not only that the coach who's gonna be coaching them, and he's coaching them from a you know, from the top guy position as an officer coordinator, but he's gonna be overseeing that.
Speaker 4: Running back position.
Speaker 5: And it's just the whole thing about we think that we might have one of the best guys that's not even the starter, that's gonna probably have a more impact in this offense this year, and that's Ag would say runing backs just because of knowing what Ag can bring to.
Speaker 4: This offense with this with his skill set.
Speaker 5: And knowing what the young kid, you know, be robbed brought last year just to see him, you know, kind of counter or or or add add to what add to what he did last year, and just knowing how they're going to be looked, you know, they have eyes on them now other than the running back coach himself, eb is going to be watching these guys every move and we know how he brings it. We saw him sure everybody else since he's been here, you know. So that position is going to be probably the most screwinized position on the field.
Speaker 4: So I have to go to running back.
Speaker 1: Is that enough to override the running backs? Because because brought up a.
Speaker 4: Good point, you don't.
Speaker 7: Get their running back room will be like hell so damn accountable. But special teams when you got to punter in the kick of the way, we do like you're missing the trifecta of the returnal to make everything special over there. So I think if you get a returnal, they can break some games open.
Speaker 5: Not but how much of how much do we get a chance to really view what they're gonna do as a collective group until preseason?
Speaker 1: You know we don't under deciding vote. I'm gonna say running back, Okay, all right, So next next round Semi five.
Speaker 3: That was kind of cutthroat in dry.
Speaker 1: Because I don't agree with you. I think the running backs will be the first half. I gotta keep feelings.
Speaker 2: You can hurt them, all right.
Speaker 1: So we got this is this is a cake walk here, this is this is a You got a dominant team in this bracket.
Speaker 3: Quarterbacks, linebackers, quarterbacks, lineback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's that's it's quarterback quarterbacks like quarterback, different than they're gonna win the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the question is say, I'm saying he never made a steak before.
Speaker 1: Huh, that is weird.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to get him to a steakhouse. They just show him what is it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he likes chicken, right, that's his thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he hasn't ever ate a steak before his life. And somebody puts ketch up on everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I want to see him. I want to see him in that joint practice against Baltimore.
Speaker 3: I want to see him what I want to see, that's all I care about it.
Speaker 1: In preseason, yeah, he's really seen him again that practice and the linebackers again, like we're not going to talk about him. I think it's obvious. The quarterbacks are so important to this roster. But Jamie Davis's development, you do anything in the spring, right, yeah, you know, coming off the injury, really high kind of end of the year last year, Cody Barton, Like what is that? Like? What does he look like in this defense? Right? How do they allocate Cam curl quand Martin in that Buffalo Nickel roll? Like, there's a lot of compelling storylines there. I just think I would I if I had to pick one thing to watch, I want to see Sam Howe versus Baltimore in the joint practice.
Speaker 3: That's not all I care about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you agree, Tanne? Yeah, I agree? Yeah, Okay, all right, Well that was easy and I kind of like anti climactic a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, No, it wasn't. It just that you put it out there. You was actually correct for the first time in months. So you know what I'm saying, We agree with you. We're not trying to fight against you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this is an interesting one, and I think they're kind of connected. So coaching versus running backs, which you more excited to see here.
Speaker 5: I think coach is trump the running backs. Yeah, you gave me one special teams in the run backs. I couldn't put special teams in front of that, but coaching did on I think, you know, I got to agree with Fred. I think coaching has been kind of like Achilles hell, oh you know what I mean, Like it've been to the point to where, like, we have the talent, Now what are you guys is doing with that talent?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So I hope this year is the year that we kind.
Speaker 5: Of turned that corner and say, hey, we're gonna make sure that we put these guys in the best situation, give them the best opportunity to go out there and be great. And I think we started already by bringing a new offense coordinator and having who we have a quarterback. I think he's gonna work well with that system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I mean I think obviously Eric the enemy, right, but like, how does he elevate the offensive line? How does he kind of utilize these playmakers? A receiver like that? To me is one of the most compelling stories of any team in the offseason, right. Yeah, And so I think coaching is obviously and I think it's very apropos are very poetic that it's quarterback and coaching in the finals. And I kind of feel like if if you're if you're looking at quarterback, you're also gonna see coaching, and you're looking at coaching, you're also going to see it back. So I think of the things we're most excited to see quarterback coaching makes a lot of sense. Those are the big things. They're gonna make this team go.
Speaker 2: Them are the big team that make every team go. Think about the best team in football right now. Kansas City they.
Speaker 3: Already locked in and coaching, they already locked in.
Speaker 2: A quarterback, so they think about everything else beside those two positions. Will we are one those team until we get that situated, we always have to think about that.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, I totally agree. All right, And now closing segment real quick, keeps this kind of tight. All right, So new dad advice. Jason, our producer, just had a baby girl, right, congrats, Oakland's kind of a cool name. One bit of advice for him as a new dad, and maybe one fun story you guys got about being dad's.
Speaker 3: Here goes the advice.
Speaker 2: You know, only you're not important in the house anymore, your wife no only cares about you anymore, And don't get.
Speaker 3: Mad when she say all I love is my child. Not get mad when.
Speaker 2: She says that, because she's not really kicking you out the group.
Speaker 3: It's just that for the first time.
Speaker 1: You're number two, your number two, you're number three.
Speaker 3: Because she's number two.
Speaker 2: So she has put the baby on the pedestal, then comes her, then comes you. So I would tell Jason this get with other married men, so you don't.
Speaker 3: So he's beat on up. So he's just it's mental. Don't break because me and Menta.
Speaker 2: Can break, like you can break when you when you realize in your household nobody cares about you.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's great advice. One of my coaches had had four kids and I was and he was like, and I was like, how's that having four kids? It's like, it's tough being the fifth person in my own house. Yes, like everybody else is more important me. My wife cares about everything else, like she doesn't have time for my stuff. So no, it's good advice. It's good advice saying what you got.
Speaker 5: I can tell you this from just experience, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people, a lot of parents or fathers may have something similar. When you away from your kids a lot, and you come back you realize how much they need they dad. So regardless of as a boy or girl, love on them kids. Show them that your dad showed them that their father loves the crap out of them, and he's going to always be there, regardless of what he has to do, how he's doing it. When he's there, number one, Dad's number one man in their life. And that's all I can say. I mean, I grew up in a two parent household, and I remember how much my dad loved on me more than my mom. And I think sometime it's kind of like it meant to be that way, because you know, your mom can be that person that can just ruin the boy.
Speaker 4: She can kind of ruin the boy if she baby in them.
Speaker 5: My mom wasn't a baby or she didn't well I know she didn't baby me. My dad was the one that came behind and loved on me, gave me that that that love.
Speaker 4: And the mom was like, get out there and get learned, go on the street, you know, go out there and be a boy.
Speaker 5: And so as a father, you need to be able love on them kids because I'm hard, I know I'm hard as hell.
Speaker 4: I know my kids probably look at me and be like boy he back, Oh my god, you know.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, I know they appreciate them around because who I am and and and the voice I I have to run what They basically probably rule theirselfs they are you know, he fresh stay the well. They rule the house most the kids are here. They're number one in the house. But they still need the guidance and whether the mom is there or not, they need their father to always be able to put them in the place.
Speaker 2: So get ready for the worst gifts of all his life. Tell him to get ready for underwear by the pine. Listen, I got one close that dedicatedear kids.
Speaker 3: Hey, them kids, mothers. This is what they do. Mother's Day. They find the best steakhouse in America. They take they they take Mama to the steakhouse. Father's Day.
Speaker 2: They gonna get you an uncooked steak, dropping it off, tell you to cook them.
Speaker 3: It's different. Man.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is pray, brother, you can join my new friend to limb full of numbered Dad.
Speaker 1: You guys both have you guys? Have you got boys and girls?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know you got a girl. You got boys and girls?
Speaker 3: And girls.
Speaker 1: Is it different for boys and girls? Different for a dad.
Speaker 3: I'm a girl. I'm a girl that listen. The boy, Oh, they just turn their back.
Speaker 1: They all about mama. That is true.
Speaker 2: And then when you get older, I think girls keep families together and men go out. Your boys go start family with the with the female family.
Speaker 3: So not girls, that's true.
Speaker 1: Cause think about it, like you hang out with your in laws.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you with your family.
Speaker 2: Wife, want we gonna do something your family, I hate your mama, that's the way.
Speaker 3: And be a marriage will tell family apart. It'll be on one, but it will tear a family apart. Yeah, absolutely, he right on so many levels.
Speaker 5: Man, Hey no, but the boys will get to a point where it's about their mama and them, you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dad, because they don't want to hear that.
Speaker 5: They don't want to you know, boys, boys get to be teenagers and feel like they.
Speaker 4: Know until they realize they're not, you know what I mean. And like I've been one.
Speaker 5: Of those guys that even at you know, right before I was eighteen. When I was seventeen, there's no question I still needed my daddy in the house. But I don't think these kids get that dec this day. Them girls, man, that's bro. Look here, they gonna love. They're gonna be the one that if you ever in the pample down the road, they're.
Speaker 4: Gonna be the one to change. Because the boys.
Speaker 5: The boys look like I say, you gotta think we come from a different level of parenting. Like we're professional athletes at the top of our game. We play in the NFL, the top level of the you know, all the levels of playing that that sport. Normally, our kids followed those those those boys that were raising they don't want to be football players.
Speaker 3: And I just had to.
Speaker 5: Talk with my brother the day. I'm like, bro, I don't understand it. Like if I was in there shoes, I want to asking my dad everything.
Speaker 4: My sons have never sat there and say Dad, what to do with this? What to do with this? And they want to play the.
Speaker 5: Same position and they don't want to ask you nothing, but they'll tell you. But you saw that you saw that catch the ob J. They gonna go to YouTube and show you saw.
Speaker 2: Really on the corner and be like, yeah, will it just told me if I slowed my back fiell of down, I told you three years ago.
Speaker 5: So so and so I find it off, but at the same time, don't get mad about it, because you know what I do. I say, you know, I'm glad because if I was coaching you, I've been to kick.
Speaker 4: You in you know.
Speaker 5: You know what, So I go get somebody else to coach it because you don't want to hear from me, because it's gonna be hard all the time, you.
Speaker 1: Know, absolutely, so Jason, hopefully that advice is helpful. Enjoy it. Man, it's gonna be tough. I mean, you have a kid, the other kid, and we can tell you the truth. Not every everybody lies and says so it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Man, it is grind j.
Speaker 4: Jason saying one and done gave me.
Speaker 1: An ear for Enjoy it. Be patient and also, guys, thank you so much. I mean now we're doing like live advice and football advice. If you like stuff like this, make sure you keep subscribing to our content, to the show, check out the main show on the YouTube page, and keep consuming our content. Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you.
Speaker 1: All Right, this week, you've got a unique stable of content for You've got our training Camp special, so make sure you turn into that on Mondays. We have one on one interviews. Make sure you turn in and see what we're talking to this week. Tuesdays is this podcast, so if you're listening, great, continue to listen. Thank you so much. Wednesday's is the main show command Center, and Thursday is our first live stream show, airing at nine am. Make sure you turn in. That is exclusive Commander's content. We got some for you every single day. Make sure you check it out, like it, subscribe to our YouTube page. Never miss any exclusive Commander's news and or content. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.