Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios.
Speaker 2: Podcasts. Radio.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report. Your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe.
Speaker 2: I'm Stephen Carroll with Anna Edwards and we're joined by Bloomberg's breaking news editor Louise Moon.
Speaker 1: Louise, good morning.
Speaker 2: Let's start with Sage Group, one of a number of European software firms whose shares are lower this morning. Indeed.
Speaker 4: So, Sage Group down about 3% last time we looked in morning trading.
Speaker 1: As you say, peers are similar across the board as well.
Speaker 4: This is kind of the European playthrough from weakness overnight in the U.S. So, they had results from Intuit and Zoom yesterday in the U.S. and they both fell in late trading, essentially disappointment. So, Intuit had a weak outlook. Its shares were down 10%. Zoom, its third quarter outlook, weaker than expected. down over 4%, both in late trading. So, yeah, this is playing through into Europe. European software stocks. Essentially, it's pointing to potential slower growth in the sector, broad-based kind of deceleration there and signaling a bit of disruption.
Speaker 1: Both U.S.
Speaker 4: And European software stocks have kind of rallied since late July. So, it's a bit of a pullback from that on those worries.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about protein powder maker Applied Nutrition. I thought we'd reach peak peak protein, Louise, when we saw all those yogurts. But it turns out the powder craze has powered it to new levels.
Speaker 4: What's the story with Applied Nutrition? Yeah, close to record highs. So, shares up almost or around 9% this morning. They've upgraded their profit guidance again for next year. Well, essentially, this year has been very good. Analysts saying that trading momentum has been exceptional. Strong sales, as you say, all on the back of this protein craze. that we've been seeing. So, they make protein shakes, they make supplements, and a host of other things. So, analysts are saying that represents a 3% uplift for 2026 and 2027 financial years.
Speaker 1: Applied nutrition, it was a relatively short statement. Overall, mostly positive.
Speaker 4: But they did note that margins will see some pressure next year, partly because of whey protein input costs rising. So, they did note that, but still shares, as I say, up about 9% and close to a record high.
Speaker 2: And lastly, Salmars on the menu after the Norwegian salmon company reported strong results.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was earlier this week. They had their second quarter results.
Speaker 4: And then the fresh news is that they've been raised to a hold at Nordia. So, Nordia saying that there's limited fuel for a sell case in the short term. Basically saying they've got very solid position in the long run, strong long-term salmon pricing momentum, premium growth prospects. They did say there's a bit of ambiguity around feed costs, that the cost of that is rising.
Speaker 1: But overall, things are positive.
Speaker 4: And as I say, this followed their second quarter results earlier this week, where their improved guidance for their harvesting, for their salmon harvesting, essentially helped to offset what was actually a miss in earnings. So, investors are focusing on the longer run, the second half and beyond. And if you look at their analyst ratings, they've got eight buys, six holds and one sell, which kind of demonstrates that thinking.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market-moving headlines, listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg.com, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.