Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and.
Speaker 2: Jettie and he armsrong Edy Why from Studio C see Senior. How exciting it is to be in a brand new monk, deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compounded. Today we are under the tutelage of our general manager ze. I don't know baseball playoffs. I took in a couple of games yesterday. Parts of games yesterday.
Speaker 3: I really enjoying that. And it's nice to do something like that. Yeah, oh, we take.
Speaker 2: It in the baseball It's just the thing that's just the pleasurable as opposed to important. Pleasure is pleasurable.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you this, it's great if you're if your big horse pitcher is doing well, you leave.
Speaker 2: Him in, You leave him in. I don't like the modern way blah blah blah, saber metrics problem. I don't like. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I was listening to Pete Hegsith on the way in more of him some stuff that I hadn't heard yet. We'll have to play today. From his big speech yesterday, he gave to the generals where he said no more fat generals.
Speaker 2: US. That was certainly part of the message. Yeah, there's absolutely part of that, no more fat generals. I don't want to see any more fat generals and admirals walk in the halls of the Pentagon. Yeah. Oh, I'm telling you how many guts are going to be sucked in today?
Speaker 3: As they strolled all well, there had to be a few guys who think, oh, Betty's talking about me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I got an office on those same FLOORA. But he's talking about me. But the new grooming standards and fitness standards, I'm wondering if we shouldn't bring them to the Armstrong and Getty show ship. He's calling it.
Speaker 3: He says, it's the broken windows policy applied to the Pentagon. So what Pete said, Yeah, I gotta start shaving, do some pushups, Michael, do something about those eyebrows. They're contributed to a complete lack of discipline.
Speaker 2: I'll work on them. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It looked like they could attack somebody. This is the War Department. But one thing I heard mentioned today. But I need to do a little research to figure out what it is that he wants to uh bring back the policy that drill instructors can put their hands on recruits. Apparently they had. I knew that they had outlawed at partially. I know this because of my dad and my brother, so my it must have. Maybe it's when they outlawed drill sergeants being able to touch recruits at all. My brother was talking about when he went through basic training, which would have been in the eighties, they would they would occasionally smack you, like on the rifle range. If your head was too up, they come by smack you on that. Might need to keep your head down. But my dad when he went through the well probably.
Speaker 2: Worth pointing out so it doesn't get blown off in combat. And your dad, right, are horribly crippled. Right, yes, but my dad said that when he went through basic training they could punch you. That was part of the deal, right. Wow.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's necessary or not. Although you do want tough people and yet yeah, I don't know. Do you want people that the first time they've ever been punched or had any physical adversity when they're actually in a battle.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I have no experience real life experience in this area. I would say if you pulled warriors over the last five thousand years and asked him that series of questions, the answer would not be well, woke, okay. It would probably not be the kind and gentle Barney the dinosaur style of you know, dealing with human beings that is in vogue these days, right, because we're not taught talking about coaches hitting players well, how to toughening up your players for a sport, or you know. I don't know that gets pretty you wish, but people are actually going to head into battle and defend themselves in the country and the people around them. I don't know. That's a tough one.
Speaker 3: But all the coverage I've heard, outside of some Fox commentators and you know, people like us, has all been oh boy, I don't know about this. I was even listening to a news nation today and they presented some of Pete's clips and he's going to He's going to hold people to one standard for physical fitness, even if that means fewer women in combat. Jim, how do we feel about that?
Speaker 2: If you think that is controversial, I don't even know how to talk to you right right, what that illustrates is the unbelievable extent to which people will repeat what they think they're supposed to say and come to believe it. It's absolutely I hate to use the term no brainer. It makes it sound like I have no brain, but it is a no brainer that you don't give somebody a break in terms of physical fitness for combat based on anything. What else? Maybe they it's a congenital condition he has that one of his arms doesn't work very well. It's not his faults, so we're going to lower a stand. No, it's about keeping people alive. It's not a jobs program or the country alive. Well right, yeah, it's a good point.
Speaker 3: But the fact that anybody can present that is controversial to me. I don't even know where I would start having a conversation with you. I feel like there'd be no point. We're so far apart, there's no point in even trying to because if it isn't self evident that that's a good idea, well then we're just.
Speaker 2: So far apart in our worldview. Well, I don't think that being far apart is the problem, because if they were to come up with a well reasoned set of ideas backing up their opinion, then all right, let's get it on, let's talk to each other. I'll bet this will be interesting. But if they are merely parroting what they think they're supposed to say, and in this case, it's going to be ninety nine to one percentage wise the number of people who say it's it's wrong and discriminatory to hold women to the same standards for combatists men. They are so clearly not a person who can think independently that you're wasting your time. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It'll be interesting to see if he's actually able to implement some of this stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm hoping the mainstream.
Speaker 3: Media is an outlier in terms of people's view on this sort of thing, because, like I said, most of the coverage was, well, I don't know, we're gonna have fewer women because they have a different standard. They're not gonna have a different standard for men and women. Women aren't quite as strong. Why would we have the same standard. It's like, I get it, I don't even know where to start.
Speaker 2: Well, you are looking at a different goal than the rest of us, right, Your goal is to have the proper quota of women and people with a withered arm or whatever. In combat, ours is to win and protect the country. You know, I take back what I said about you're wasting your time because they have no independent thought. The simple truth is a large number of voters are sheep. They don't think independently. They say what they think they're supposed to say. And you know, so you have to sway a certain number of them and sit them down and talk to them and explain to them, Well, if somebody gets wounded and he weighs two hundred and forty pounds, that gal that you're advocating for can't save his life. She just can't. She might want to, and I know the stories of mothers pulling cars up into the air to save their baby, blah blah blah, but she just can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I hope the implementation can go. No more fat generals, that's what he said, No more fat generals. Let's start the show officially, because you know it's a big one, jem.
Speaker 2: Sorry, my emphasis needs to be on fat admirals because a general at least is operating mostly on the ground, where you have fairly unlimited space. An admiral is on a ship. I mean, there's limited square footage on a ship certainly a submarine. So fat Admirals are getting off easy in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Plus a good sink you just think it rub right, duh, you have to displace more water to keep you afloat.
Speaker 2: Thank you. It's just physics there, all right. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Wednesday, October first, the rent is due, the rent. It's too damn.
Speaker 3: Damn right, it is he you're twenty twenty five or Armstrong in getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 2: Fat Admirals would be a pretty good band. Tamw Okay, let's beg in the show officially now according to the f SEC rules or eggs. Here we go. The show starts at Mark fer Service. The facility is closed to allow for vehicular remain on the side one across the street. Everyone must be in this restricted to depart the area. So that's great.
Speaker 3: So that's Ai Trump ordering malcontents to disperse around federal buildings. Is that like an official government thing? Or is that a joke? Or I well, it's both. He was he it they The.
Speaker 2: Computer was reading the official legal warning to protesters who were violating the law. But it was in Trump's voice to troll them, so it was both by the book and hilarious.
Speaker 3: Speaking of trolling, we talked to yesterday about the AI video that Trump put out about the shutdown that had Schumer there and Hakim Jeffreys there, and Schumer was saying things in Schumer's voice that weren't accurate but were funny, and Hakim Jefferys was wearing a sombrero and had a big mustache with mariachi music playing in the background, with the idea being that they're trying to get it healthcare for illegals. Yes, he put out a new video today that is similar with Schumer saying even more crazy things, but this includes Trump as the mariachi band. It's all a bunch of Trumps playing the trumpet and the big guitar and all that sort of.
Speaker 2: On his official site. These are odd times, especially with the nightmare of the government shut down.
Speaker 3: Here's my favorite stat about that whole thing. The government shut down for a full month the last time we did it. Do you even remember shut down for entire month? And John even remember that it happened?
Speaker 2: Honestly, what I remember is how hard they tried to make it hurt normal people, right, because without those efforts, most people would just go about their business.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: I was listening to some of the doom and gloom on one of the channels, and I thought, man, if you have to try this hard to come up with something that is bad with the government shutting down, there's too much government. You shouldn't have to work this hard to come up with anything that could possibly upset anyone. You know, I have some example. Here's my example. On the news, they said, for instance, Friday inflation numbers are supposed to be coming out. A lot of people are looking forward to those, and those numbers will not come out on time.
Speaker 2: I thought, that's that's your Oh my god, the government shut down. I gotta text my wife. We're not going to feed the dog until the government shutdown is over. We can't, I mean, just not knowing the inflation numbers. It's just we've got to take precautions, honey. Turn off the water at the main valve outside of the house, cancel the natural gas. Uh yeah. Here's my only analysis of it. It's a very weird shutdown because it's not over anything specific. It is merely the democratic party desperate to show that they're fighting Trump because they're aware of their miserable, miserable unpopularity. And you know whether this works or not, we'll all find out together and it'll be fine. But it is a real gamble by a beast that is in its death throws.
Speaker 3: It's going to open this evening or Friday night while you're sleep, or next Tuesday, and you'll never think about it again in your life.
Speaker 2: That's where it's here's the Armstrong and Getty challenge. Please note in your own life, if you'd have noticed it without being told that the government shut down and then when it opens, would you have noticed that without being told on any lefl No, that's a unicorn. That person will not exist.
Speaker 3: Who is a You're not a federal employee, obviously that you would have noticed it shutting down or starting back up. No, not a chance. Okay, we've got headlines on the way and much more news to get to. Hope you can stay here. I took in some of Yankees Red Sox and Dodgers Reds, but Yankees Red Sox, I mean, you cannot get better than this for Major League Baseball. Yankee Stadium, bottom of the ninth bases loaded. That's as good as it gets for all of baseball.
Speaker 2: Crazy so awesome. Yeah, Yankees lost, by the way. Oh it's good. It's good. Bases loaded, no outs and Yankees lost, says the New York centric mainstream media figure Jack Armstrong. Do you mean the Red Sox one? Well, no, it's media. Bases loaded, no outs in a close game and the pitcher went strikeout, flyout, strikeout and got out of the end. It was awesome. Yeah, it's like the tension of a last second fifty yard field goal stretched over ten minutes. Yeah, it was cool. Oh my god, is it in? Is it in? Is it? But for ten straight? That's what I love about baseball at its best. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's The Lee's story with Katie Green. Delighted to have you back, Katie Hey.
Speaker 1: Friends, all right, starting with the Free Beacon. Dozens of ships in Greta Tuneberg's flotilla quote secretly owned.
Speaker 2: By Hamas really really? Oh she probably doesn't know that, but that's not surprising. Well that reminds me coming up great analysis of why the Arab States have lined up behind this deal. Oh okay, I want to hear that it will shock you.
Speaker 1: From NBC, members of Congress to still get paid during government shutdown.
Speaker 2: They always make sure of that, Thank God.
Speaker 1: From USA today, many Americans fear that they can't afford pets anymore due.
Speaker 2: To rising vet costs. Eh, none of my business.
Speaker 3: But the number of people I know who openly state that they're struggling and have of one to three petsdang it.
Speaker 2: What of the reasons I didn't have a dog when I was young and poor? Is there expensive? Oh yeah, yeah, you have no idea how expensive until you get one?
Speaker 1: Even cats From Fox News, Diddy's ex Cassie fears swift retribution if Rapper walks free, as prosecutors pushed for eleven year.
Speaker 2: Sentence, he can walk free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a chance he's getting sentenced on.
Speaker 2: Friday, all right. Yeah, the defense is asking for time served. He'll get more than that.
Speaker 1: From the Washington Post, Fat Bear Week has a new champion, and he is a total chunk.
Speaker 2: I saw good looking bear has a broken jaw. They should have fat General Week where we all see pictures of fat generals to pick our favorite line. Oh right, fun and I texted everybody the concert poster for fat Admirals their first show. He check your text.
Speaker 1: Yes, that will be going on the wall of my studio at my house, by the way.
Speaker 2: Excellent from the New York Post.
Speaker 1: According to new survey, sixty five percent of Americans have already planned their own funerals.
Speaker 3: Two thirds have I haven't. I'm in the minority. I haven't, And I'm closer to the grave than you know, the average person's true true my life.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Study fines two billion people feast on insects regularly.
Speaker 2: Is it time that we embraced a hybrid diet? Oh they've been pushing this on me since I was a kid. Are you beating bugs? Someday? I'm not. They've got lots of protein, et cetera, et cetera. You know in Africa, et cetera, et cetera, ain't happening.
Speaker 1: And finally from the Babylon b NFL hoping to win back conservatives with Super Bowl performance by Spanish speaking man.
Speaker 2: In address Nah, good one.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, I thought I had heard a couple of not that long ago that bugs actually don't have really more protein or anything than of other things.
Speaker 2: So there's no many deat bugs. There's plenty of other alternatives rights. My life has been living proof of that. I think I've eaten very few bugs.
Speaker 3: Indeeds, I had a whole plate of bugs in Mexico one time, not knowing it. Ants and crickets and all kinds of.
Speaker 2: They crawled onto your I'll have to tell the story sometimes, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: The two year anniversary of the October seventh Hamas terror attack that started this war is a week from today. Hamas has less time than that to review the twenty point peace plan and get back to the White House with a yes or no.
Speaker 2: We're going to do about three or four days. We'll see how it is. That means.
Speaker 5: Hamas has told this weekend to accept President Trump's twenty principles of peace or prepare for an Israeli military onslaught backed by the United States.
Speaker 2: Hamas has to agree they don't. There's got to be very tough on them. But it is what it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize they'd put a deadline on that soon. So this weekend Hamas has got to come back with a yes or no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the first of all the newsy stuff before the analysis. The militant group has told mediators that it is absolutely seriously looking at it. It has reservations about some of the terms of the twenty point plan, including the stipulation that it disarm and destroy its weapons, which is it is previously rejected over and over again. Amas also says releasing all forty eight hostages within three days is laid out in the Trump Plan, would be difficult because it has lost contact in recent weeks with some other militant groups holding a number of them. Wow, I don't know. I would suggest that you try really really hard to find them.
Speaker 3: Well, the fact that Israel is saying you lay down your arms and we'll you know, we'll forgive, forgive you.
Speaker 2: They don't use that word, but we won't. We won't come after you anymore. We'll call it off.
Speaker 3: That's a heck of a thing for people that came into your country and murdered babies and grandma's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an amnesty at right, right. So anyway, one I came across two pieces of analysis that I thought were great, won by Michael Orrin in the Free Press, and his problem with it is that there's a real lack of timetables, and he, like me, believes that Hamas will act like it's complying or it agrees or what have you. But then the foot dragging, the tiptoeing right up to the line of violating the agreement or actually violating it will begin, and they will begin sewing chaos as quickly as possible. And he's troubled by the lack of structure here. I have a feeling that will come along, especially with Trump involved, if they in a Putin like way, although Trump's response to Putin hasn't been everything I think it should be. But if they in a Putin like way string him along over and over again, he's going to say, all right, you got a week to achieve these three goals, or it's all off. We're going to attack you anyway. Michael larn by the way, a badass warrior.
Speaker 3: From the way back in the day in some of Israel's biggest wars and wrote a fantastic book called Six Days of War.
Speaker 2: If you ever want to read about that one an excellent tip. Six Days of War terrific. So this guy has no illusions about Hamas cooperating. His belief is that they will only cooperate to the extent that they are forced to cooperate. And he says, potentially fatal flaw on the plan is its assumption that after nearly forty years of radical Islamism, countless terrorist attacks, and an unprecedented level of international support, HAMAS will change its DNA, Which is what I was saying yesterday. If their stated purpose is to wipe the Jews off the face of the earth, specifically Israel, becoming some sort of men's club or civic organization is going to be a difficult transition.
Speaker 3: Well, I still think the hope is if they agree to it. You get so many countries involved, including a whole bunch of Arab countries that are running that Gaza strip, and HAMAS just isn't in no position to do what they've done in the past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they die for lack of you know, fertilizer support relevance. So here's the thing I found really really interesting why Katar changed course on Hamas. And this is written by Emit Siegel, who was is a chief political commentator in Israeli media and the author of a book of history about Israeli politics and that sort of thing. He says, it's too early to know if they'll only be an agreement to the warrant Gaza and whether it'll be implemented. But there is a reason for President Trump's optimism that Hamas might release hostages, give up its weapons, and leave power. Change is afoot not in Gaza, but in Doha, capital of Qatar. The government of Qatar is pressuring its proteges to accept the deal. The regime which thwarted the last hostage deal changed its mind because the war has reached its home. After the IDF operated in five Muslim capitals Gaza, Beirut, Damascus, Sanna and Tehran, it hit Doha the attempted killing of senior MAAS officials in broad daylight, and Katar signaled to the natural gas Emirate that it could not continue the double game it has played in recent years. Despite the threats against Israel, the Qataris are now working to make Hamas except the demands from Jerusalem.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's interesting if that's true, If that made the difference, And that's a heck of a thing that Netanyaho called from the oval opposed.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that precisely. He let cutter lotterr save face. That's why that call was made, That's why it was done publicly. Netin Yahoo made a show of I'm sorry I did that. I want peace between us. I'm absolutely not pushing you or bullying you or threatening you. So you have credibility in the eyes of your people. But the Katari leadership is like, holy crap, now they're coming at us. This is over. Hamas, Is this guy right? He sure makes a convincing case. I'll bet he's right. Makes sense to me.
Speaker 3: And and and just logically, you finally get to some of those gazillionaires, they're like, I got a really great life here. I live on the entire floor of one of the tallest buildings in the world. I got six different bent leafs and a harem of women, and I don't really want to get involved in the nitty gritty of this.
Speaker 2: So right, and if you're the Kataris who really fancy themselves that the world diplomats and and all, and just because they've got an enormous trove of natural gas under them, uh, the idea that they're gonna get punched in the face repeatedly to what hide Hamas, These guys are thinking, no way, for the reasons you just enunciated.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Qatar had recently defended this gent rights Hamas's efforts from Maiden Power and its demands for a full Israeli withdrawal in exchange for leasing the hostages full Israeli withdrawal. Now Doah is among those threatening Hamas with destruction if it won't accept this deal, which is pretty much the opposite, and Prime Minister Netanya Who's telephone apology for violating Cutter's sovereignty is lip service to devert divert attention from the Emirates. Turnaround.
Speaker 3: I think Hamas has got no choice but to say yes to this and then maybe they try to wriggle out of it or whatever, but I think you know, by this weekend they got to say yes.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the way.
Speaker 3: Israel is going to roll in there given what they said the other day in the Oval Office where Netya who said we'll do what we gotta do and Trump said, go ahead, we got you, got you got our we got your back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, do what you need to do. Yeah, yeah, I would agree. The The only question mark is how does this unfold over time as coalitions start to pursue their own self interest and are threatened to buy this development at home or over how much restive fundamentalist population. In a couple of million years, the sun's going to burn out and we're all going to freeze to death. I mean, how much time next? Yeah, well, no, that's what that's that's the whole point. Things are nice and tight for three weeks. It's like, do you remember when who was asking the question? Was it? I think it may have been one of the podcasts the National Review guys do right after October seventh? Right after I think it was Rich Lowry asked the panel, all right, how long until Israel's support starts to fracture among the Western governments? And you know, the guy said a week, one guy said, two weeks, one guy said three months. Whatever, will the the solidity, the strength of will that exists right now still exist in two months, two years? That'll be the interesting part.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but the cratering support for Israel in the United States is a problem because we're definitely their biggest cheerleader and.
Speaker 2: Give them tons of money in military equipment. Yeah. It seems though that the elites in both parties say, yeah, the voters don't know what they're talking about. Are the people taking the support in our ally?
Speaker 3: But for Now the next generation of leaders might not feel the same way.
Speaker 2: Especially if there's some sort of Mumdani type. Yeah, it's almost certainly going to be the mayor of New York. Now, I've resigned myself to it.
Speaker 3: You know, AOC is probably going to run against Schumer. Schumer will be out, you know, the old school like him, Democrats that were in support Israel.
Speaker 2: That might be the end of that. Wow. Wow, we're from our friends at Prize Picks. The best way to cash in on the you know, your favorite team in the Major League playoffs or your favorite team in the football season. Which players are going to go off, which ones are over a hyped? Make your picks in less than sixty seconds, turn your takes into cash all season long on Prize Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, between the baseball and the football, there's plenty going on right there. And all you gotta do is download the app. Download the Prize Picks app today and use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars lineups after you play the first five dollars lineup, I'll tell you this. I would go more on anything Josh Allen related. Always interesting. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's one of the picks that they highlight here in my info sheet. Is he going to pass more or less than two hundred and seventy yards? He's an amazing ballplayer. So download the Prize Picks app today. Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That code is armstrong. You get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. You don't need to win, it's automatic Prize Picks. It's good to be right.
Speaker 3: Josh Allen, quarterback for one of the only two unbeaten teams in the NFL, the Buffalo Bill. Did you see that long run he had the other day? Someday you gotta look that up on YouTube or something. He puts his He did the opposite of what every quarterback does. He put his head down with stiff arming people and running people over right in the middle of the field.
Speaker 2: Well, boy, as big as a house, right, that helps? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And dainty little Patrick Mahomes, Wow, you've turned on him. I haven't turned on him. He's just he shouldn't be trying to pop people over.
Speaker 2: Dainty is no compliment to an NFL player. Limping around a dainty limper, says you why, I gotta just see some gal ripped. Pat Mahomes was handing out, like his wristband, his headband to young fans at the tunnel entrance, and he handed his headband to a little girl who was a Chiefs fan and a Giants fan. Lady snatched it away from the little girl, and now, of course she's gone viral.
Speaker 3: And the Kansas City Karen Okay, I saw I saw a Kansas City Karen thing up on the screen yester day and I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know what it was. Yeah, okay, we're supposed to be angry about her threatener fired. Oh boy, oh boy. Yeah, I need to know all about her. I want to see some tweet that she put out five years ago, lose their job, run out of her house.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It was funny. We were going over the audio that we have available for the show today and it will amuse and delight you, I promise, But a number of the clips struck me as and these are fairly big stories, so it's it's absolutely appropriate that that our fabulous crack staff brings them. But a lot of them fall into the category of things I think we're supposed to be mad about or offended by. I've got a story. It's so good. I can't wait to tell it.
Speaker 3: And hats off to the San Francisco Chronicle for going big on the first social equity weed store. How it went under but everybody got rich even as it went under. It's classic socialism. I mean, just Eric, you wanna Yeah, And and good for the Chronicle for laying that story out. Maybe we'll get to that how or too. I mean, it's just it's absolutely classic why socialism doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And we also have a special, very special gender Madness Celebrity edition. Wow.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I got to talk about the lift driver I had the other day who was from Lebanon. Great story he told me as he drove me around, lots of stuff on the way. We got mailbag next day here I named the wrong s whole country. My lyft driver was from Syria. But I do want to tell that story, him coming to this country and raising his kids and everything like that.
Speaker 2: It is fantastic. Maybe we'll get to that next hour. Love that. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day, continuing our theme of change. This from John D. Rockefeller. Ah, I'm a big I wrote a very large biography about him once. One of the few Americans who still reads according to you yesterday, don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 2: Of course, here was a man who thought big, dream big.
Speaker 3: He ran the standard oil. He was one of the richest people that's ever lived to justin for inflation. Gave ten percent of his money always from the beginning to the end, back to the church.
Speaker 2: Because he was very religious. Man. Interesting mailbag woot woot, drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com. Number of comments on Pete Heggss's speech to the troops yesterday. This is from alien anonymous. I'm so excited to hear hegsas pep talk. My son is West Point grad currently working through his service at port List. Both senior leadership and enlisted regularly fallout when they go on their two mile jogs because they aren't fit enough to even run two miles. Oh my god. And he said the average mile time for those that do finish is twelve minutes. Not okay? Is that with a packer, just like in shorts and T shirts? It's just pta I think, oh man, twelve minutes and half of them can't even do it. Yeah, yeah, or quite a few of them anyway. Then this from a kerlonel in the United States Air Force, Colonel Anonymous. I want to give you some insight from those serving currently on the sec war's speech. And the colonel is currently serving in the Pentagon, by the way, and he says not fat I'm assuming apparently not that we might want to hear indeed his perspective, and we do. He said, this was the biggest breath of fresh air I've heard in years, possibly decades, if we follow through on it. It's all about merit, war fighting standards, focus. These things are sorely lacking in the department today, taken over by hundreds of hours of mandatory online training, lowered standards, fearing retention, and a focus on feelings not the mission. Fat, out of shape and undertrained members litter the halls of the Pentagon. Yes, many generals, all the way down to our combat units. Things like shaving, waivers and fitness may seem frivolous to the public, but they are the little standards that build a foundation for the bigger ones. His example of broken window is perfect for this the time of leaders fearing risk taking and innovation is hopefully over. I have more on that too. Until yesterday, commanders would fear any mistake because it would probably be the end of their career. That's what I was reading about, the one mistake culture, where if anything goes the least bit wrong, it's a permanent blot on your record in your career is essentially over. So nobody dares innovate anyway, Bubba. Until yesterday, Oh, there it is end of their career. This stifled risk taking and trying something new. We're at the weakest we have ever been since I've been in the military from a resourcing and capability standpoint. This shift in mindset and standards will hopefully help fix some of that. I have a son who's about to join in. Many of the policies and issues have made me double think recommending it to him. Peak's Golden rule is exactly how we need to be fighting and leading. And then Colonel Isle summarizes, I know this speech will rile a lot of feathers, but everyone I serve with that I've talked to is one hundred percent on board with this message and ready to move out making our military more lethal and establishing the deterrence the world needs.
Speaker 3: Wow, every cable news panel I saw outside of Fox was just you know, the generals were just sitting there hating every bit.
Speaker 2: Of this and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: You know some might be and they need to go and they should lead's and that Pete said that, actually he said, and if you're not digging this, if you're thinking, oh no, well and you probably should retire, do the right thing for your country. We thank you for your service, but retire right right amen to that.
Speaker 2: You know, we're constantly saying, remember, the kids didn't raise themselves. Well, the Pentagon didn't raise itself. Now you can understand why a lot of the leadership that's been bad. You can understand why there are some people who think I rose up through the ranks doing what I was told to do by making an emphasis on making sure we got enough women and trans people and that nobody feels offended and triggered.
Speaker 3: And now you're gonna get rid of me. But you know that's we can't worry about that. We got to have a lethal fighting force. And what we see here is the power of leadership. Marxists in particular like to pretend that everything is the result of these uh, these you know, shifts in humanity, these broad trends and blah blah. Leadership doesn't really matter. It's all more or less inevitable. No leadership matters a lot. Moving on to a different topic, This is uh Judy from Portland reading an article on coin six news website that's one of the big news stations in Portland.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The article is titled Portland We're not a war zone. That's what you'd expect people that live close saying the protests aren't a big deal. It's generally peaceful, blah blah blah, we don't need the federal government blah blah blah, except you can't really walk your dog in that area because of the tear gas and minor inconveniences like that. But the last paragraph was my favorite. She writes. Coin six News contacted several businesses in the area, but all declined to speak on camera for fear of retaliation from protest. Wow. Nothing to see in Portland, just local business people universally afraid of the peaceful protesters. Do these reporters not read the words they write? Wow? Great note, Judy, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really interesting stuff. I can feel it in my bones. This is going to be a good one today. We've only got one hour down. We got three hours to go in my bones. Or maybe I'm just not drinking enough milk. It's hard to tell. But if you missed a second, make it the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. We do twenty hours every week that make you. That way you can get the ball
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty