Speaker 1: I heard that there was a cattle.
Speaker 2: His name was Wagon and he did many different amazing things, and they said, we got a name.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? Good to make more of him from now on. It's good.
Speaker 1: It's do we honor him, honor Goo.
Speaker 3: That's that.
Speaker 4: Chips in your.
Speaker 3: Bears are racists. Money. She's turning stuff we can't tell me.
Speaker 5: We started dancing, and love brought us into a group as soon as we started to move.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Mama's and gentiles.
Speaker 5: Would like to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me.
Speaker 3: The podcast when we dive deep, deep into the pockets the black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 5: And we primally work to prove whatever the fuck it is you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Whatever you got going on, will we'll agree with you.
Speaker 5: We're send us email, send a voicemail. Talk nasty to it, don't mean nothing to us. I actually don't talk nasty to us.
Speaker 3: So that we've had a few people talking nasty to us as of late, and it is becoming troubling for everybody.
Speaker 5: I'll say one note, calls with your pants on. You got to keep way to do it.
Speaker 3: If you dial the number, you put your pants on and then you do whatever you gotta do afterwards. That's not for us, the police. But while you talk to us, you keep your pants on.
Speaker 5: Please please. This man is a father I could be any day now. We check the news every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I checked my hidden message quick. Hello, David. I've been thinking about this. This is something that's been weighing on my heart heavy lately. And feel free to jump in at any point in this. You're not. I don't want you to feel blocked off from y I think, Okay, I'm gonna say a little bit of a bold statement. I think if your children come out uglier than you, it's because you got a bad spirit. Wow.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm trying to think of I'm trying to think of people that I've seen that happen to, because that seems like that seems like a difficult life to be, especially if your parents are like known for being fine, you know what I mean, and then you are kind of busted.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's slight, And yeah, I want to be clear. I don't think this is like, uh oh, you're within like a few points of where your parents are, you know what I mean, Like your mama fine, you ain't quite as fine. That's that's y'all. Are y'all are playing the same game. I'm saying. When it's like the baddest person on the planet and they got this little gobblin with them, that's that's your spirit transferring into aude, right that they made a baby.
Speaker 5: Here's my worry about theory on the flip. I seen I've seen some very pretty kids go to some very undeserving parents.
Speaker 6: Really, yeah, I know with bad spirits that make Yeah. I know a couple of bad dudes who had some beautiful children. So it's like it's complicated, but I like that. So it's usually you're saying, if you're okay, your kids are just.
Speaker 3: Gonna your kids wo look like you and and be within some bell curve of where you're at and think that's beautiful.
Speaker 5: I like him when people's kids look like them and they have them. I was walking on the streets the other day. I saw this like light skin dude walking too fast with his fist clenched. Yeah, and he was like mad skinny and like with his chest out, and both his daughters were walking like that.
Speaker 3: Was the kids working out.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: It's just like you're like that comes from that. Yeah, But when you see like a whole blockheaded ass family and you're like, man, that's good.
Speaker 3: That good. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what it's all about. Yeah, that's all you want. That's what you want, right.
Speaker 1: It's just like I got a good spirit. All my kids are beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't have to you know what I'm saying that beautiful people sirs good on the outside.
Speaker 3: And there you go, because some people could be good.
Speaker 2: On outside and the inside they just yeah, you know a lot of people if by doing that, yeah, goodbye real well doing.
Speaker 1: Fake no, be good on both.
Speaker 3: I'm said, our guest today not only is good on the inside in the outside, but makes it makes good babies. That that's reflect exactly that a goddamn comedy legend. We're we're so excited he's here. He God, damn it all that Keenan and Kel good Burger, the list goes on and on and on. We're such big fans of his and we're so happy he's here. Give it up for Kel Mitchell. Man, appreciate it, man, I'm happy to be here. Yeah, living America. Yeah, it's a little quiet in here, okay, and we're sorry, we're scared. Okay, I would say what's that that's embarrassing to us? A lot of times I started it usually works, kel were We're pumped her here. You came to us with the conspiracy theory that that I didn't personally experience.
Speaker 1: I don't know where you fall.
Speaker 3: I did not. I did not, but I'm excited to get into it. You said that, and my mama told me the magic and wonders of Tello Grease, Tala Grease. Tell us everything you know, I will tell you.
Speaker 2: So it's uh like fat from meat like rendered, yeah, like you know when you leave it out and you get that thick like creamy. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So that is like scraped off and you leave it in the can, right, and you keep scraping it and it just stay there and it's just this big nasty meat fat glob.
Speaker 1: And kids get sick.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: When we got sick, that got rubbed on.
Speaker 2: Us like vapor rub, and you would rub that on you and you were instantly feel better.
Speaker 3: It was like a meat vix.
Speaker 2: It's a meat vix. You don't need vapor rub, you don't need vixed rub. You just have that and it has it's healing.
Speaker 3: If y'all were worried about it. Yes, meat vix will be the name of the episode. I have no doubt in my mind that that's the correct choice for everybody here.
Speaker 5: Here's my first question about do you mix meats or are different meats for different ailments?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's interesting. All meats are created in this situation.
Speaker 2: You're all good the meat that makes the most fat, you know what I mean, because I just remember it being so clumpy, you know what I mean, Like this one clumpy. But then when you rub it on, you smell like I mean, you were in a barbecue or you were just eating turkey all day. But I mean, that's a lot better smell than vix, I guess. I mean, but you were very greasy, very greasy, very greasy.
Speaker 3: No, okay, so you would go to bed with this, so like I would go to my mom.
Speaker 1: It's a little out of there.
Speaker 3: Gon't get that talent, that's what it would be said.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your character, don't get that talent.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you had a stroke or nothing. You don't get that talent.
Speaker 2: And then you wipe it, you know, you wipe it on you, on your neck, on your chest, and then you have to tie your pajamas up real tight so that marinate, like you in a sauna type of vibe. And then get under the covers because they know running around after that. Just get under that and you just let that meat smell.
Speaker 1: Just do what you do.
Speaker 2: But like if you look it up, because it's a real thing, like it's it's for real, like it really helps people.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's googleble. I didn't know it was googleble, did you now?
Speaker 5: When you were growing up, was just like I'm in amongst everybody. It was just like a family thing, specific family, Grandma, everybody. For me, I just knew it was in my family, you know what I mean. But then it's other like everybody does it and even different races, just.
Speaker 1: Not black, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because I figured that I found that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, and they do it. Put this on and hey man, it's on and it's I'm lumping and so all I needed is externally in order to be healing my insides.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're coughing, any type your nose, sinuses, all that type of stuff like that, and it helped, Yeah, any type of flu ailments, it would definitely help.
Speaker 3: What about physical like, uh, like a sprained wrist, the spraying risk, like rubbing it on for a sprain risk. We never did that.
Speaker 2: But when I because I called my mom one unreasonable. Yeah, now you're just being sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm just this. I had to learn this beef that was for your lungs clues, not for your wrist. Now, risks, I don't know. Risk. Pops would just be hey hand that you'd be all right, get a hell. Here's one other question.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's the greatest ailment you've bounced back from because.
Speaker 1: Of Because of talor?
Speaker 2: I used to get like like brunch highus like you know a lot, you know what I mean, and stuff like that. Uh No, stopped up all those different things and then you put this on. Just rub it on, go to bed. You're gonna cough, you know, cough up. Another thing that we would add to the talent is a clove of garlic. So you would get that too, like we were vampires or anything. But you would just galling against Yeah, so you would. So now our breath would be sticking and we smell like me. But I tell you, in the morning, you're gonna you're a new person.
Speaker 3: So you garlic and we eat it like this, Yeah.
Speaker 2: A cloth, you know, and all of that, like it's the live of.
Speaker 1: Mucus that's in there.
Speaker 2: It's coming out. So you in the bathroom, all that's coming out. And then now this like glorious meat lotion that you just say that, but no, that sounds very bad. Meat los shirts are coming.
Speaker 7: So brother, if you can beat us to the market, this is proprietary.
Speaker 3: I believe you'll.
Speaker 4: Find in the contract belongs to My mama told me, hey, look and you were good.
Speaker 3: We were okay yo.
Speaker 5: One final question I have for you, let's get it. How long do you still continue this? Do you have it at your house?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Great question I have because I eat differently now, so like a lot of fat content. Yeah yeah, I mean we have meat there, but it's not like cuts the fact that you would get from like pork and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is effective.
Speaker 3: It does work work, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Behind me when they come over and they're at the house, because the grandparents come over, you know, there's some teleor that's ready to go, you know, and then sometimes it's in a grocery bag, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You know, just so you can get another glob.
Speaker 5: Okay, if you're in the bedroom and you sleep and get another so you you are can Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were like we do greasing like an empty can and then you throw it out. We ain't reapplying it. Ever, sometimes you reuse it, but you're not putting it back on the body in my home at least. But so you're saying you stand behind it, even at as you are not necessarily accessing it the way that you would like, you would still use it. Theoretically.
Speaker 2: It's a good Uh what do you remedy? You know, household? You know, I don't know if it's for everybody, but uh, it definitely worked in my family, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It definitely worked. I mean you smell like a nice kitchen dinner.
Speaker 5: Was there ever any effects You ever wake up and you're like, damn, I got tallow pim, What did you say?
Speaker 2: Because you know, to be some jamas and stuff like that, like you.
Speaker 3: Stuck.
Speaker 2: It's probably something your side, So that would happen if you did have like some type of fever, like it was a hot night, you know. Yeah, so you're truly you Yeah, you're actually cooking you're sweating out all of that and nasty and it justo sas inside of you, and the grease is is helping that. And your dogs in the laundry man, Yeah, don't have your cats and stuff around and animals.
Speaker 3: Because they licking their lips. Yeah, you're gonna look like a big turkey, like in the a big turkey.
Speaker 2: A cat named Smoky that used to jump into in my room all the time. Just like maybe that's why Smokey was Smoky.
Speaker 3: Smokey was any day now, Old Kel ain't gonna make it this week. All we should take a break and then and then we'll be back.
Speaker 1: Get talent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go go get some talent. Yeah, we'll be back with Markel Mitchell and more. My mama told me, yeah, we are back. Why why are you?
Speaker 1: Why are you running?
Speaker 3: Just a little bit of me being me?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, this is my this is my canvas, A lot of sound.
Speaker 1: Effects an artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't draw. We're still here, Miquel Mitchell. We're still talking about talle grease as a home remedy, a here off for for the als that that that I guess hurt you, the things that are that are sucking you up. My question for you is, uh, is this something you plan to transfer forward to your children? That's a good question, you know. Okay, so yeah, definitely different.
Speaker 2: But if there's a situation where it's like, you know, someone has a code and we don't have the right, you know, medicine that we use already, just know, like MacGyver, you can go, hey, get that talent.
Speaker 3: We can get this poppingp know what, we got somethingatize.
Speaker 2: We're the type of family like we we have a lot of good health initiatives, so we're always looking for other ways that are that you could do just healthy like medicine, pills, stuff like that, you know, healthier ways, you know, getting your body right. So you know that's what That's a good one. But it is Greece, so so that's I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, you know, everybody, I like that this is where you broke because you are real confident. Before I want it, I thought about it. It was like, there's no doubt in my mind. Is the future of ways on your kids. Now. Listen, you started doing you started doing a calorie clown. You were like night Drakes, calories might be going.
Speaker 1: To my babies.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want all the calories going into my babies.
Speaker 1: They got to burn it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's the fascinating it's fascinating. I guess that its root. What's fascinating about it is not so much that like oh taala is real or it's fake, it works or it doesn't. I bet it very much represents a root of what is medicinal. Right that, like all over the counter medicines are based off of something that began as like a holistic sort of like grassroots version of medicine, and then you turn it into this other thing via Do you.
Speaker 5: Think that though I sometimes it feels like pharmaceuticals were like I don't feel like they are all based in home readit. I think in a way that like I see the metafite or i'd beprofen, or even like a nightclill or something like that, I think.
Speaker 3: It's inspired by a real thing that probably once existed, and then they they spun it off and figured I mean, I guess it's like developed over time, you figure out you can make that cheaper with chemicals, and so you just eliminate the plant. But at some point more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right, Yeah, because I'm hearing you will still take night will Yeah, just like you know you got a little Buzz's kind of fun. Yeah, that quote right before bed after a little white.
Speaker 3: Come on, that's what you need, right like wow night even kills saying said he won't make his kids. But the brother told me that he got no.
Speaker 1: I love to meet the mm hmm.
Speaker 3: It's like a very strong anti fungal or something like that.
Speaker 5: You get it out, damn what I mean Now your breath goes ma, But yeah, you're gonna be great.
Speaker 3: Here's something that that I did not realize as it relates to tallo grease, and I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Taller grease is now being sold like as a a fancy thing.
Speaker 2: That's see if you're listening on this not depth video, you see my hands are going up in victory.
Speaker 3: Yep. It's being sold as sort of like an like a you know, in some cases fifty dollars jug of fat that you cook with. I suppose you This is what the pictures imply, but some of them also make it look like they're keeping them in almost like lotion jars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the.
Speaker 3: Little Mason oh no situation. No, like the masony ones with the buckle on the end like a palmer is green. No, no, no, squeeze out. This is a bomb standing there. Got the oh yeah burns flavor smell like that. Who's it being marketed towards? Uh, just based off of the the look, the a word vibe of it. It very much feels like white people and that it goes this feels very this is like, uh, this this real music versus country music. Like you know the type of people who kind of like imagine they still like the new version of Little House on the Prairie, like that type of energy. Oh, like it's it's the cracker barrel. It's it's sort of like, I a down homish vibe.
Speaker 5: That's the kind of rich I want to get to. It seems like there's a level of rich where you start to regress and then you're like no, no, no, I don't need medicine, I just need natural stuff. Yeah, that's a good rich that's a good level to be at.
Speaker 3: It is a very nice level of rich, and it seems to be what they're offering these rich people. It's like past to eating whole foods. Like it's like arawon this one is wagoo beef taut beef? And let me tell you the truth. I'm gonna say it on camera. I don't even know what that means, truly. What is it? What is beef?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: I've had it, I've had what is it beef?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: What does that mean? You know you guys are laughing at me. Tell me what it means, my understand Tell me how you categorize it as wago.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what I've been told, and then I'll tell you what I believe. Okay, Okay. What I've been told is that wagu is a specific cattle from Japan that they feed a very specific, clean diet and thus makes the cattle just taste better and the meat like sturdier. It just improves the quality of the meat. It's grass fan right based off, But it's not. It's like a very specific diet relating to grass and timing and ship. It really is like an investment in the cows. And that's why it's so.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've seen the profile marbled a certain way. They look very dotted with it. I understand what it looks like. What I don't believe is the preparation that they're giving all these cattle for me then to go to Costco yep, right next to the chicken bites and get Wagoo meatball.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't believe. No, I I believe very much. I told you, I tell you what they tell me, and I'll tell you what I believe. I believe that's the exact same meat we eat in every other circumstance. And I think that they just tell you that it's Wago because the brand makes it make sense when you're having so too. I think so too.
Speaker 5: It's like Kobe beef, same thing, because I've had I've definitely had Wagoo where I'm like, oh, I can tell this meat feels richer and whatever else. Yeah, and like because it's so rich you can't eat a lot of it or whatever else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't. I don't believe in that. That's probably good tallo though? Is Wagoo tao? Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right to the charging for that's this twenty nine ninety nine. The most expensive I'm saying is grass fed, grass finished, tallow grass finished. I don't know it's that that's a new term clean. Uh fully, Like there you really want me to pay me? Like in hell let's see what it says is just more flavorful and and better, uh, a better option for high cook of high heat cooking. Rub it on yourself, also frying, and they said it booch your immune health. Come on with my mama, Mitchell's beef tallow in your diet. Now, Now this is where it gets nasty for me, because this is specifically being marketed at white people. It does feel like this sort of manipulation of what actually is healing in a way where like for years they were telling us that like these these down home remedies, they don't work on your body. That ain't real. You got to grow up, you gotta trust science whatever. And you introduce dimon tap robotustin all these other things that may in fact that makes me question at least are they legitimately good for me? If you're you've been trying to convince me that these other things were bad for me, you know what I mean, Like they made you second guests tallow and you.
Speaker 1: Grew up with the ship.
Speaker 3: I grew up with it, damn. But I still use otheries. Nor what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I heard you're saying, though, But I do do other remedies outside of the medicine cabinets to what to what you're saying, like, some medicines are just you know, messing up, right.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You got your research, a lot of it.
Speaker 2: We can do through eating the right stuff and cooking the right stuff, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I will say I'm back in on medicine. Yeah, you're back in on medicine, man. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was out for a long time, I think mostly because I was just very poor, and lately I am vacuum medicine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's very easy to not if you don't have health insurance to dictate you finding the correct medicine. Yeah, it's very easy for you to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Some of that shit is amazing though they're doing crazy shit.
Speaker 3: But this is where it gets interesting for me as it relates to that, right is there. I also see hear them talking about like at one point, I guess beef tallow was banned. Nope, it wasn't allowed to be I guess used or sold as it's being sold now, And the reason was because of growing concerns about the tie saturated fat content and potential health risks, meaning that at one point they told us that this was poisoned, that this was bad for us to consume, to put on our bodies, whatever it is, and at some point it became profitable in a way that then makes them go, Actually, never mind, it's not I mean, it's not like when was it banned?
Speaker 5: Was that like the nineties fat free curries when they started overprocessing everything.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I think specifically it looks like McDonald's, along with other fast food chains like Burger King and Wendy, switch from beef tallow to vegetable oils in the nineties, So this was them responding to sort of this vision of In the eighties, Department of Agriculture issued guidelines recommending reduced fat intake, especially saturated fat, which contributes to decline, and beef tallow use.
Speaker 1: That's deep. Yeah, that's deep.
Speaker 2: I'm still in on tallow Yeah, man, I mean when you look at the ingredients of fast food now, it's kind of you can't pronounce half the.
Speaker 5: Stuff, like what it feels like, it's like what's that Charlton Heston movie. It's like soilent green. Yeah, you know what I mean. It's less beef than than it is, like whatever proto synthetic proteins.
Speaker 3: And I think that's where the FDA is able to get away with some of the stuff that they do. Is like they replace beef tallow because it's expensive, and they can prove that that isn't good for you, right like consuming that much, to your point is not actually healthy for you. So they can say this is bad for you. But then the replacement that keeps it tasting the same and keeps their money not changing, not getting more complicated, is a completely made up chemical that covers all those bases. It's still bad for you, but it's made up so you can't prove it's bad for you the same way that we know for a fact beef tallow is.
Speaker 2: This is deep man me a tallow movie, Jordan Peel.
Speaker 5: It's just like science fiction, like a like a parable of the Butler Book.
Speaker 3: It's just some dudes in the kitchen cooking up some grease. It's dark in costco. The cars don't say tallow five times now, tallow man, don't come.
Speaker 5: Man, Jordan Peel, if you're watching, that's that's the new one. That's the new one.
Speaker 3: Come onk Palmer. That's a different type of film. Still, we're open listen, there are spin offs available. We should take maybe one more break. Let's take one my break, and then we'll come back with more cal metch and more.
Speaker 1: My mama told me, Yeah, what is happening?
Speaker 5: Oh from the back, I understand that that's confusing. Yeah for sure, that's yakoub okay, the scientists that made white people, and then I believe we have a.
Speaker 3: Nation of Islam. Lord. They believe that an ancient big headed scientist and yah cool crossbread fifty thousand black people on an island until he invented white people. Wow, six thousand years ago. I probably could have gone deeper than that. Yeah, you really left it with or without We had a battle. This is very random.
Speaker 2: But he plays cornhole, So I don't know if you I didn't know, I knew to you and you I was you know, I play a little corn hole. But we did us a full out like battle, like cornhole championship battle that was on ESPN.
Speaker 3: That is real. It's a real thing, was a real thing.
Speaker 2: And it's like it was all his celebs battle in one another almost one and he was it was it got crazy.
Speaker 3: He's good. Nice, Yeah, he's nice. Is he like horn Ones?
Speaker 5: Yeah? He's nice with it because that's how you got to do it right. It's like you got to be able to slide it in every time.
Speaker 3: Cornwall is fun is great. That's a good out. Playing at the beach the other day, I was like, oh, beach, corn hole, come on man, man, I like that. Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 5: I usually just bring like a football to the beach. Or you know what I like at the beach is a frisbee. Yeah, oh, whoa, I don't like that.
Speaker 3: No, it's just surprising. It's I'm so.
Speaker 8: From Colorado, like frisbee, Frisbee country, big Frisby country country, and that's like you want to talk about our leading lobbyist. It's big frisbee after handing everybody's pocket the whole front range.
Speaker 3: That doesn't upset me. I just I just was surprised.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I like a frisbee because when you throw a frisbee, true, it like the feels as good as like throwing a tight spiral or like or like shooting shooting a great like It's just that it's just that feeling of like when it leaves your hands, You're like.
Speaker 2: Damn, I know that feeling, you know, I show my my youngest daughter how to try to throw a frisbee and it kept like, you know, going to the ground like that, and then right when it hit that air though just a little like how both of us was like, d it is so it feels like it's never gonna come down though, Yeah, you just catch it.
Speaker 3: That's how I know. The people who deny science aren't fun, you know what I mean. Like the frisbee is just science. It's just like that whole science where you like, you get to fling a thing in the air and it flies and you ain't even throw it hard enough for it to do all that stuff it does. Yeah, and you should be grateful for that. I am. There's like, you know what I mean, It's like, no, that's awesome. I know it's complicated. I know all of science ain't real, but come on, don't deny the whole thing.
Speaker 5: I don't deny science. I haven't been thinking lately, and this sounds. This sounds I have been thinking lately. I think as far as science as it pertains to humanity, we know too much.
Speaker 3: And we got to back off a little bit.
Speaker 5: Like I was watching a video because I've been trying to clean up my algorithm. I'd like to be a better man. It's watching a little video of a little boy skateboarding with his father. And he's skateboarding with his father and he's like, I love you, daddy. I love shredding with you, daddy, and they're both skateboarding. He's like, I love shredding with you, daddy, and the dad's like, I love shredding with you, son. And it's this beautiful moment. And then one of the comments, this woman was like that little boy is so happy because the dopamine in the melo in the in the serotonin hit him.
Speaker 3: And he decided to say that, and it's like, what don't being a psycho? Not this little boy shred with his dad. Y, I'm the shred with his dad. What the fuck are we doing? Who gives it? Who cares? You don't have to explain it.
Speaker 5: You don't have to Oh, you don't have to break it down because then life And that's my issue with science. It's not for everybody to have all the time. He's like, we need people focusing on science. Everybody doesn't have to have a reason that everything does everything.
Speaker 3: But I would argue that's also maybe the issue of too much access to each other because that person would have never been able to say that to you fifty years ago, and she didn't say it to me, right, but she presented it to the world in a way where that dad may eventually see that like this person is undermining his relationship with his son via like the chemicals that fire in your brain.
Speaker 5: But I don't even think she meant to do it is undermining. I think she just was like truly trying to be nice and good. But it's just like you gotta be like, all this stuff is so complicated anyways. It's complicated to fall in love, it's complicated to be a good father. It's complicated to be all these things. Now when you put all these other things on top of it, now it becomes this speech that looks impossible, and you get a younger generation people who aren't trying to have families or nothing because it seems so there's so many reasons for it to go wrong.
Speaker 3: Because you know the science of trauma and all these things you didached from the very essence of what it means to be a human.
Speaker 5: And you know so much, you get paralysis of analysis. Then you don't do nothing, because why not be apathetic towards the world. Why not be if you know what's going on.
Speaker 1: Ignore the negative comments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, we're talking to you told me Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys are talking real mean. Do you know what? I don't even care if it was as locks. Oh yeah, we we got into some trouble because we we I I'll take ownership. We're talking about repeated a claim that turns out was not fully true that AJ's locks were wig the entire time. Wow, somebody I was tricked on the internet. I was led to believe that that was a true thing, and it turns out it is not. It was not wearing a wig the entire time. That said, the way that people are speaking to us about this issue makes me want to double down more than I've ever wanted to double down on anything. Now, everywhere I go, I'm going to repeat this conspiracy theory because I want the violence to somehow end up back in their lap.
Speaker 2: Now here's the thing. I saw this clip. Yeah, because I worked with AJ. We did a pilot together that never came out.
Speaker 1: But it was great.
Speaker 3: It was great, great, and he was like, you know, the leading guy in and everything. It was cool. But yeah, and I was. They had me second guessing. I'm like, we wait, I wait a minute, you spend time with this man. It was like, but that's his hair, Yeah, that's his hair.
Speaker 1: But when I saw that, I was like, no, way, yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's all we wanted. That is crazy we wanted. I think we just wanted to get to the joke on the other half of it. And they are.
Speaker 5: Here and they laugh, yeah, really laugh time. No they don't they You know what, that's not right. You know black people up to say all year of that loud and wrong.
Speaker 1: Is so funny.
Speaker 3: I learned.
Speaker 1: On the podcast you just loud and wrong.
Speaker 5: They need to take the That's why nobody needs a podcast.
Speaker 3: It's like, come on, man, we was having fun. I can't laugh with my briend. I can't silly dog you because.
Speaker 5: We're also not One of those podcasts was like grind Time ten Ways to make a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: We're just having fun, then listen. If nothing else when you deal with us, we're wrong, but we're also keeping you broke, so so I will ever tell you how to make any money over it. In fact, we are helping you in quite the opposite direction.
Speaker 5: And quite frankly, I don't know how I did it, and I don't have a lot. I'm lucky I got what I got.
Speaker 3: You think we'd be doing this if we knew how to make money, I'd be making a coin, yah, coop coin, which apparently already exists.
Speaker 5: Damn, that's right. Yeah, I'm trying to like look around and find something else.
Speaker 3: No, just go man, leave that alone. Don't go up there anyway, cal Kel Mitchell's there. We're still talking about the possibility that tallow grease is the remedy. But more importantly right now, we'd love to do a voicemail. I think what's doing great? Again? We told you Kel overbreak. We do not listen to these voicemails a whole the time, so we have no idea what this person is going to say this one. This is what they want to say to us. Wow, this one is is themed around black aunties. I can tell you that and and the rest of it they'll explain to you themselves.
Speaker 9: Okay, so the voicemail, no wonder why people coming out here telling you all a little freaky anyways.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've taken a call on us little freakys.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, neither of us are pumped about it. But apparently when we left the voice or made the voicemail message, and I don't recall what it sounds like. I remember thinking it was funny. Yeah, and apparently we're being erotic. Oh that's what they said. They keep implying that we're being erotic in the message. I have no memory of that. You have no memory of that, But the implication, I'm going to call to find out what did y'all say? I thought we just said little moms and find out that's not even the number hundred.
Speaker 10: Little moms, that's not it can help me out, My god, don't even work.
Speaker 4: Here's a freak show, Yeah, a little bit anyway, little freaky's is what they call us.
Speaker 1: And it's a real problem.
Speaker 9: No, I'm so thrown by that. My conspiracy is that these Facebook aunties and Instagram aunties that just have all of this wrong ass information, it's out to tear the black community apart. Why did I get into it with my own mother about seventeen people going missing after going on too and indeed job interviews, and it's like sixteen year old mom, Nobody, no sixteen year old is going on indeed looking for a job.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. That is a point. There's more to this, but maybe we should should reflect.
Speaker 5: I think you're mad that old people are bad at the Internet, and for that, I also am upset about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are.
Speaker 5: They get tricked, get tricked a lot because I'm older, dude. But it it's like the older you get, the decades that go up, it's exponentially by the time you're seventy years old. They they're so scared of what's going on in the world because they're like I heard, sixteen year olds are going on indeed meetups. Yeah, and they're trying to talk to their friends on LinkedIn.
Speaker 3: Now they had a job interview and they all got kidnapped because but sixteen year olds is the claim, Seventeen of them all at once. And she's repeating this and her she's arguing with our mother about it.
Speaker 5: Which and that would be annoying to talk. That would be an irritating conversation with one hundred, Like I've had conversation with my mom and my mommy that's not you know, not real.
Speaker 3: I've never I've never told this before. The last real job I had, I was teaching, I was doing after school programming at a place in Red Hook in New York, where like the whole staff's job was to like work with people kids of that community that would come in after school program and hang out there. And then you know, we were servicing the community, right. And there was this lady whose name I won't use, but this lady who was like an older lady at the job and was like kind of the old auntie asked lady that worked there. And one day she got a phone call. Yeah, you're close. You ain't that phone? She gets a phone call, Uh, that is one hundred a spam call. I can hear it in the way that she's talking to them that she is on a spam call in the office, fully getting tricked. Do you understand, like actively getting tricked. And it was so exhausting in my mind to imagine the conversation I would have had to have to get her off that call that I just let it run. I was just like, no, you gotta figure this out. Ride Like, I can't get it you. I mean, it's just gonna be so hard to get her off the phone. What was the nature of the scam, Yeah, it was back when they did the I R. S joint. It's not as common anymore. But it was like an error where that I R S one was doing numbers. This is like twenty probably like fifteen. The IRS phone call where they're like, hey, you're in big trouble. Yeah, you didn't pay your taxes type joint that was killing people.
Speaker 2: Let me give you sure address and your name. And she was she was running it down. She was at them, this could not be.
Speaker 3: You could not be talking about me because I did this and this and this, and I could send you the forms right and like like in it. And I was like, I.
Speaker 1: Can't even help you.
Speaker 2: Baby, those links. You know, you gotta tell the elders don't. Don't click on every link with the text messages. They're doing it all the time.
Speaker 5: Hey, I got I see some ship, my ship where I'm like, is that any It's like, you know, it's got other people worse, it's all that.
Speaker 3: I agree with her, No, it's terrifying. Let's let's let's not this thing.
Speaker 9: No news source, no reputable links, nobody's reporting this. But because she saw a video on Instagram, now she's taketing me like, oh, be cautious, be careful, and I and I have to tell her like, this is not real. This is fake. These people are playing with y'all. You have to do your research. You cannot see something on Instagram and just be like, oh, yeah, this is the case. It's it's Taran. Families apart because now my mama mad at me because I told her she's wrong.
Speaker 5: I think your mama is mad because you don't have a job. I think she just wants you to go on some bitter.
Speaker 3: She's like, look, I'll make something up. Whatever was going to get you out of the house, please, Lord, she's still.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know they kidnapping boys, you know they getting boys. Go on, get out of here, please.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I'm with her. I am with She's not wrong. It's unfortunate that that the Aunties are getting tricked and and subsequently they're trigging us. I think they did a whole movie on it, Beekeeper, remember that I didn't watch it.
Speaker 2: You know you didn't watch that with Jason State. Jason State state them, Yeah, almost mess his name.
Speaker 3: They don't party. Would hear what you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're at the same club, and it was just like it was like it's over there, and then my table with his tape and then it was everybody was hanging out.
Speaker 3: It's cool to hang you know, it's cool.
Speaker 2: I adapted them up. I never imagine that man dancing. Yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: I don't imagine British people dancing ever. Actually, to be honest, that's true.
Speaker 3: In my head. I never think about him. I know it's a certain type of British people.
Speaker 1: I don't think dance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really don't think about it, like the like those ones.
Speaker 5: I don't think I think the black ones dancing because they have Caribbean influence. I don't think of like councing housing council mm hmm, because you don't see them dance, right.
Speaker 3: I think there's a type of British that I think does that. But that's not but not like but that, but I was the ones you're talking about, And.
Speaker 5: Even that one is just like didn't didn't Reddy in there? The same thing over and over again. But I don't think of I just don't think about British people dancing. No, I don't think it's like a rich history.
Speaker 1: They come to emails, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was six. British fans really eat us alive, do you guys? Felicia was an aunty in that movie. She was the aunty that got Oh no, then the beekeeper had to settle the score.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a while.
Speaker 3: I could have wrote it.
Speaker 1: That was a good movie.
Speaker 3: You could have wrote it, Yeah, Davis. Dave's aspiring to be able to write a hugely successful white film. But they don't know that I wrote it. Okay, so you gonna go like under different name and under stuff like that.
Speaker 5: It really hasn't flushed out because we just talked about it twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 3: But oh yeah, okay, I think he's he's still figuring out the logistics. But his hope is that by sheer force of will, he can create his own version of Yellowstone where it is never clear to them that a black man wrote that piece.
Speaker 5: Which to me as an artist is maybe the greatest satirical work I could ever be involved in. Slash your Richard.
Speaker 3: Come on, now do you do after you went all your awards and it's profitable and it's amazing movie that you will come out Hey, yeah, because just like that, but y'all didn't know.
Speaker 5: Guess what, Because here's the thing about me, it's a low bar to make me go away forever.
Speaker 3: It's really like whatever, man man, dude, this is a treacherous anyway. Man, you know, give me fifteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give me some money. I don't have to pay taxes on I get out of here, man, get out of your head.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna worry about it no more.
Speaker 2: That's not a good movie. Just following you do that. Yeah, that's that's the movie. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like twenty years from now they make the Yeah, all.
Speaker 3: It could be like Boyhood where they they we track you from now all the way until the time that you finally complete the piece. Yeah. Yeah, and life has changed, you have changed, but ultimately the piece is complete and you're ready to present it to the world. I like that. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, wow, wow to we finished this voice, Oh it's still going. Yeah.
Speaker 9: We got to do better in our communities, help our aunties. Tell them what they see on Facebook. They have to double triple check. Or if we just gonna be out here lost.
Speaker 3: That's it. We will be.
Speaker 2: She handed on a lost Come on, y'all.
Speaker 3: How thought you said raw? Which would have been a beautiful row circles.
Speaker 5: I appreciate her because she really meant that. I like you when it's yeah, that came from a.
Speaker 3: Really good cares about her family. She wants her mom to do better. She wants her aunties, both literal and sort of logically the spiritual aunties do better. That being said, it's not going to work at all. They like Facebook.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's like I really want my man links and Kerman. Maybe we cap that voting age, yep, contribute to.
Speaker 3: Keep arguing it. No, nobody's ready to take it seriously. Cal I imagine you're going to push back against this and that that's that's your right if you feel so. But I really think we got to cut off the voting age. I think we're letting people vote way past their prime, way past even their ability to make reasonable choices. And I'm willing to debate what it should be. But for me, fifty five, yeah, I think that's a little low.
Speaker 5: That's what I do think. He's lay that's low. I think sixty five or what's retirement sixty two. I think this retirement age keeps changing. Sure, they now a lot of people aren't being promised retirement until seventy. That's a very different goalpost.
Speaker 3: And I think some of the reason that that is happening is because we're allowing older people to make choices for younger people. It's also younger people not voting. Maybe they're not voting because they're feeling like that vote doesn't count against this massive machine that's built itself to benefit mostly the olds.
Speaker 5: I think so, but I think there is a level of like, young people gotta come out.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't change that. Did he try voter die? He said it didn't work, didn't vote, He screamed it. He ran a marathon. You know those T shirts baseball shirts had a mohawk at one point.
Speaker 5: Do you ever think about getting in? Yeah, it's not for meawk heard the foehawk and it'll be like the head for it. Okay, my head exposes my weaknesses.
Speaker 3: No, you could do.
Speaker 2: You could do a fro. I don't think you will. Look at the sideways. Mister T's right next to you with a mohawk.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Y'all got the same head.
Speaker 3: I think much get what thank you? If I had a pro hawk?
Speaker 5: I look like I make beats for aspiring teen rappers. The vibe, you know what I'm saying. I look like like I don't think. It's like, I don't think. I don't think it vibes with what I got. Will cut the beard?
Speaker 3: You can do it, No, I will say, and to you, to your credit, I do think you could pull it off much in the way that mister T can. I will also say that I will stop doing this podcast that day. I'm happy for you. I'm done doing business with you. We both get out clean, as it were. But but no, we can't continue forward if that's the No, we're not a very adventurous hair style podcast. No, I do most of the adventuring, and I always bail on it.
Speaker 6: I feel like your adventuring is really just making it long. Yeah, I honestly think between the two of us, your nose ring is the most adventurous thing.
Speaker 3: We have going on physically. Nor Yeah, that's really a tiny one. Yeah almost.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know when he said it. I was looking at you know, I'm like, I don't notice it specling, that's all.
Speaker 3: I have to try it now, you know, now they have the you know what I'm saying. You need a little fake mohawk.
Speaker 1: You just try it out.
Speaker 3: You can get the walk in here. The man piece.
Speaker 5: The man piece did. Yeah, I got a system. At this point.
Speaker 3: You gotta barber. You trust.
Speaker 5: I've been kind of having this haircut beard combination for damn near twenty years. Yeah, Olivia, it looks like that's aid wrap.
Speaker 3: I got people behind the walls here, but oh, we gotta go. Oh I didn't see the w Yeah, go ahead, hell, this has been amazing. It's fine. You tell the people where they can find you. What cool stuff you got going on?
Speaker 2: Man, A lot of cool things at I am kel Mitchell on Instagram, Keil Mitchell dot com.
Speaker 3: You know you can follow me. Yeah, man, I got some really fun stuff coming out this year that I'm super excited about. I got some thrillers that I'm in the lead rolling, and I'm just excited. Man, some a lot of good stuff. You can get my books. I'm also an author as well. Let's go on some prank Day everywhere books are sold.
Speaker 2: You can get those prank Days the children's book, and then bless Mode is the devotional book.
Speaker 3: I do music.
Speaker 2: You know all these different things, man, you know, actor, producer, writer, youth, pastor all those everything.
Speaker 1: Man, tala extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, go ahead, go follow, go get all this stuff. And not that meat Loation T shirt because you get that over here. My mama told me, Mama.
Speaker 2: Love you too, man, because the south Side when you Older podcast. But yeah, that podcast, that's they love that.
Speaker 3: The uh yeah, the short lived follow up show we had for Southside. Yeah, you were so generous to come.
Speaker 1: They hang out with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jerry, the old Jerry Tobacco that we had about my dad battling with our neighbor.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 2: I went off on Jerry. Jerry's Now it's become a thing in the neighborhood. It's just that's very funny.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's exciting. I missed the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I forgot about.
Speaker 3: I forgot about my boy Jerry this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end.
Speaker 3: So we're tacking on Bory.
Speaker 5: What you got I do one thing stand up comedy, Little Field, Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: New York, June fifteenth. Be there.
Speaker 5: Oh, also by my special birth of a Nation Patreon dot com, back slash David Bory. There's a ton of free videos and stuff like that, and uh, you know, like subscribe. Call the number the correct number to talk to us. Yeah, call that number for four.
Speaker 3: There you go, little mom little moms, you can call us there. You can email us at My mama told me at gmail dot com and you can follow me at Langston Kerrman. You can watch my special it's on Netflix. It's called Bad Poetry. And more importantly, you can like, you can subscribe, you can rate review, you can follow the Instagram, the TikTok, the YouTube. You can buy the merch and you can buy bitch.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna let Joe Biden and Kamala Harris cut America's me.
Speaker 3: That's that on that, That's that on That. My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts greet It and hosted by Langston Krek, co hosted by David Bori.
Speaker 5: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Olivia Akilo, co produced by Bee Wayne, edited and engineered by Justin Koff, music by Nick Chambers.
Speaker 3: Artwork by Doegon Krieger. You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow that My Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel