Speaker 1: All right, get ready. This right here.
Speaker 2: You know, we kids are in school and we're having a bit of a problem because some of the kids are a little overweight. The title of this is baby wait, Baby wait.
Speaker 1: Okay. What we're doing, Shirley call Julian.
Speaker 2: What we're doing right here is you know, I'm the bus driver and we can't have these kids getting on this bus when they wait too much, you understand. So what we're doing, We're putting a scale out there, and you're gonna weigh yourself for you get them. Listen the axle, the axle on the bus. It just can't take all that, It can't take all.
Speaker 1: That we have.
Speaker 2: If your baby overweight, then your baby got a walk school.
Speaker 1: Okay, your baby?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if your baby over wait, your baby got a hawk school.
Speaker 1: That's how it is. Can you say overweight again, it's overweight?
Speaker 3: It cannot If.
Speaker 1: The baby over wait, then the baby got a walk school. Okay? What what all right?
Speaker 2: So when I come back and take you where I'm gonna be next weekend, we're gonna we're gonna have a little funmer right now. Your baby ob plate, we weigh in your baby. We gotta scale. We put it on the ground out there in front of the bus. Your baby gets got the way. If your baby is tipping the scale, your baby gotta walk.
Speaker 1: Skiol. That's how it is to it, all right.
Speaker 2: This goes out to all those bus drivers out there across the country. We love y'all. You take care of them kids and no gott oh wait, put them off the bus. Let's go, oh baby over, babe, gotta walked, Let's go, cat dog.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, I'm trying to reach train to police.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is Trina, Trina.
Speaker 4: My name is Ernest, Ernest Murphy down here at the bus born with the from the school district. Your son is devid am I right, uh yeah, okay, No, he's in the fifth grade. I think you'll get you. Everything is firn. I think he's on He rides bus ninety, bus ninety three. Does he ride plus ninety three or you three? Ye?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah he does.
Speaker 4: Okay. So now the school board has implemented a new rule and we're having to call a lot of parents and let them know about the new rule for us as far as the buses are concerned. Now, from my understanding, each child that gets on the bus has to weigh less than one hundred and twenty five pounds. That's what the new rule that is implemented by waiting board.
Speaker 3: What did you say that again?
Speaker 4: Each child that gets on the bus has to weigh less than one hundred and twenty five pounds.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I don't understand. So's okay, So what does that mean?
Speaker 4: So starting on Monday, Starting on Monday, what they're gonna do is they gonna the bus driver will have a scale and he will wait the kids so they get on the bus. I understand, man, the doctor, like I said, I'm and I'm calling every patent that they thought.
Speaker 3: You think you're gonna you're gonna weigh my child before he gets on the bus.
Speaker 4: That's that's what the new rule. That's what the new rule is. If he's over one twenty five, then he still either have to wait, but you'll have to take him to school.
Speaker 3: But I have a job. Okay, I have a job. I thought to take my kids in school, but doesn't I don't. That's what the bus explores. That's what my CAx dollars take for right reasoning the rationale behind this.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me tell you what's going on from what they're saying, the weight of these children is weighing down these transmissions on this bus. On these buses transmission the transmission that cannot take all of that. So they are limiting the weight of each child. So now how much does that discrimination?
Speaker 3: I think that's discrimination.
Speaker 4: But is definite? Son over Is he over one hundred and twenty five pounds?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: He is? Okay? And you you're probably gonna have to take your son to school or he gonna have to walk running. He probably need to walk to school if he already hunting twenty five pounds?
Speaker 3: What the accident are you talking about?
Speaker 4: All I'm saying. All I'm saying is if your son is overweight one hundred and twenty five, you know, maybe the exercise of doing good. When like I said that, the school is not going to allow him on the bus.
Speaker 3: Sir, I will accept this. Who do I need to call? Is there a manager? Is there a city council memper? I mean, this is seriously the lowstup discriminatory practice I've ever heard of. It doesn't even make sense.
Speaker 4: You're talking about child, I understand, but we're talking about a child. They're way more than a grown person.
Speaker 3: Your son to get What is your name, sir, tell me your name again.
Speaker 4: My name is Ernest. I'm down here at the bus ball.
Speaker 3: I would like to speak of super Hazer like now, you do not get to speak to much about my child that way. You can just speak to any kid that way. You should not be working at a school if that is your attitude.
Speaker 4: I no, I don't work at the school. I work at the busborn. I'm down here at the bus ball and they gave me your tender. They're right, because you're saying he's over hundred twenty five US.
Speaker 3: I am an absolute shocked.
Speaker 4: This is okay. So do you have a fan child? I mean, do you have scuba? I'm sorry, do you have a big child?
Speaker 3: Listen, what my child looks like, how much he weighs is none of your business. I'm gonna call the school. They can who work with your company if this is the way that you treat people and you talk about children this way, but it doesn't matter with you.
Speaker 4: I guess what they're doing is this is the way of them approaching obesity, you know, right, Yeah, to school, whoever, whoever over one hundred and twenty five len them walk might walk it all your son.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Okay, I have to work. My son is getting on that bus and I'm going to call the school board and should not be working with your mother bus company.
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 3: I'm calling the city. I will call remember the need to call that. You need to give me a supervisor's name right now, right now?
Speaker 4: Do you like you need to start cooking different? But so, Devin, don't have you know, maybe maybe it's stars at home and what you're feeding.
Speaker 3: Everybody, you know, I am calling the supervisor. I'm calling this the city. I'm calling the school. I'm going to get so fired, like I can't even believe that you're allowed to make this call like our other parents.
Speaker 4: Okay with this, I'm called. Well, you're on your way to work in the morning, trainer. Do you listen to the Steve Harvey Morning Show? Oh? Yes I do. This is Telly from the Steve Harvey Morning Your baby, Yes, yes, yes, your cousin Vicky got me the prank phone call you baby.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I was.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I love Harvey.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 4: I God, you gotta tell me this baby treata. What is the baddest and I mean the baddest radio show in the lane?
Speaker 3: Sheeve Harvey.
Speaker 1: I said, if your baby over wait, your baby overweight?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Lovety Live, The Nephew is coming to town next weekend. That's Valentine's Weekend, thirteen fourteen fifteen, Levety Live, Nayak West, Nayak, New York. Come watch your boy just go straight technic and you might even get a live You will get a live prank phone call right there on stage, tap body and found out technology wasn't ai for me. How the when the world is looking up, I'm telling you, Yes, all right.
Speaker 1: Nephew, thank you. You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show