Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Bye from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready, When you're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three Pacific sixth Eastern Saturday Morning is with Jim Valley, Tenday and Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arean. It is Wednesday here on the show. You know that means we got a lot to talk about. Last night was NXT Homecoming. We'll have a full recap on the show today. Tonight is aw See. Remember it's actually a three hour block and it looks like we've got eleven segments announced for the show, which has to be a world record, I think for any individual episode of Dynamite. They are letting you know what's on the show tonight, So we'll see how it does in the ratings. We'll go over the full lineup for the show and where everything is going heading to the double pay per view weekend. We've got aw All Out which is taking place during the day on Saturday, and we have a Russell Palooza which is taking place during the night. And for those of you wondering the weekend coverage looks to be Vinnie and I will be watching All Out live. We will do a post show immediately afterwards. I will then do a show later in the evening with Dave talking All Out and Russell Palooza, and then Sunday's Bryan of any show, we'll cover Wressel Palooza. We'll get Vinie's and Craig's thoughts on that. So a lot of coverage of all of these shows coming up this weekend. We'll preview everything here and then we got a lot of news regarding Wressell Palooza ESPN. They did some media calls. It's gonna be a lot of fun to go over some of those, so we'll do that and then and then as noted, we'll talk about some other news notes and then the NXT Homecoming review, which was quite the Newsworthy show leading to I think quite a newsworthy show next week. If you want a Texas four five seven eight zero seven five sixty six at ford W online, at gmail dot com, at for W online, Threads, Instagram, and cameo at Bryan Alvarez ex and Blue sky Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: This sandwich.
Speaker 4: It's a complete game changer. Hello this Mike And a little thing I love about the Chick fil A Pretzel Cheddar Club is that juicy chicken with that toasy pretzel bun.
Speaker 1: That bun.
Speaker 4: It's crispy, cozy, just amazing with the pretzel bun, the Dijon mustard in the chicken. It makes that sweet, savory kind of combination. It's everything that you love about food rolled into one. It looks phenomenal, it tastes great, It's delicious.
Speaker 5: Order the Pretzel Cheddar Club with Terry Varrians Frite for a limited time on.
Speaker 1: The Chick fil A app. Real Guests paid for their testimonial.
Speaker 6: Keep listening for details on how to get up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Sky Holidays introduces a one of a kind air credit program. Our buying team got a little too aggressive in getting hotel and air deals. So now we have to liquidate our prices. Here's how whether you want to go to Paris, Las Vegas, London, Atlanta, Hawaii, or anywhere else in the world, we have amazing deals buckets, selected hotel and we'll give you up to three hundred dollars airline credit. Now you can book your vacation and get a free credit to use towards airline travel. Well, book both airline and hotel with one simple phone call. We have access to most airlines and deals. Are thousands and thousands of places to stay. Call right now, book your hotel rooms, claim your airline credit. You can change or modify it at any time. Eight hundred two five six four eight one six, eight hundred two five six four eight one six. That's eight hundred two five six forty eight sixteen.
Speaker 7: I'm holding in my hand the American silver Eagle Dollar. It's a beautiful piece of American history and it's one ounce of silver originally minted in nineteen eighty six. These coins are a beautiful, classic piece of American history and they're a great investment you should add to your portfolio. The beauty of silver is that however much you have available to invest. Silver is affordable and easy to acquire, with one coin costing around thirty dollars, So if you choose to invest a few thousand in silver, you can get quite a bit for your money. You'll have a tangible asset that you can hold one you can be proud to own. Claim your piece of American history with American silver Eagle dollars. Call the Silver Hotline right now.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four, eight hundred six two oh one six two four. That's eight hundred six two oh sixteen twenty four.
Speaker 1: Are you a fan of paranormal radio, Bigfoot, UFOs, ghosts, hauntings, cryptids, true crime? After Dark Radio with Brian Alvarez. There's live on Sports Byline every Wednesday at two pm Pacific five Eastern, talking all manner of the strange and unusual, from the latest news of the weird to interviews with the top names in the field. After Dark is your source for paranormal radio. Check it out two Pacific five Eastern every Wednesday, live on Sports Byeline USA.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike SIMPERVV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Back on the show, Brian Alvarez here, Wrestling Observer Live Filthy. Tom Lawler is joining.
Speaker 3: Us here today, what's up, Skipper?
Speaker 1: And apparently tomorrow as well because our old buddy Orange Crush is going to be on the show. He's got a lot to talk about, Tom.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing that includes a lot of art.
Speaker 1: I know you're a fan. It's a secret actually on tomorrow. Yeah, there actually is a secret, but that'll be tomorrow. So tonight is September to remember, a three hour block of aw programming and eleven segments. Eleven segments announced for this show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might be busy tomorrow three hours again, ye ahi, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Corumba, Well, you know you can always fast forward through commercials and cut about twenty minutes off the show. I found he realized the other day. Dave actually told me that they normally announced lots of things in advance. He actually said that to me. I think he can't just help but argue, this is the most that has been announced for a Dynamite shown advance. I think of all time, I said, dating back to twenty twenty, this at this point. With eleven matches announced for Dynamite in advance, what they do.
Speaker 3: You even have eleven matches in three hours?
Speaker 1: Well, there's eleven segments, but the actually most of these are matches. We have three all out tag title match qualifiers, Young Bucks versus The Gun Club, Lucasaurs and Kip Saban versus Jet Speed top Flight versus Josh Alexander and Etchi Sero. All of those matches should be good, if not great. We have Tekla versus Queen Amanada, which scares the bejezus of me because they had a match once and and Queen Amanada I think tried to kill her and now they're doing a no holds barred match. We have got an all out unified title match qualifier. The winner of this match will be in the three way with uh Tekeushta and Okada, and it's the Beast Mortas versus Mascarriderata. The Beast Mortos is booked elsewhere on Saturday. If you don't want spoilers, I just ruined it for you. But who knows, maybe something crazy will happen. Bobby Lashley will face Total Leona, which is very much like Tecla versus Queen Aminada, but in a different way because these guys had a brawl on the show last Wednesday, and uh and Bobby Lashley didn't sell one thing for Total Leona, not one thing. Now they're gonna have a match together, so that's gonna be exciting. John Moxley versus Roderick Strong, Hangman Page and Kyle Fletcher have a contract signing. There's an FTR face to face with Copeland and Christian, there's a Tony Storm feature, and there's Rijo versus Robin Renegade all tonight on September to Remember.
Speaker 3: For aw, you almost forgot September to Remember.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't almost forget. I got a text message like I always do, right in the middle of trying to recap something which throws me off my game. I should just shut all of this down, but sometimes it's something important. So anyway, that's the line up here tonight. Excited.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, dude, it's three hours of wrestling.
Speaker 3: We got three hours of wrestling almost every single day.
Speaker 1: We only had two hours last night on that. Yeah, SmackDown's back to two. You should be happy about that. Although this weekend, I'll bet we have nine hours of wrestling because.
Speaker 3: Oh, all Out starts for good, because it never ends, because it never ends my entire life, whether I want it or not, whether I can't escape it, every single freaking weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hours and hours.
Speaker 3: And this weekend it's all something. It's all wrestling because it's Wressell Palooza and aew.
Speaker 1: Well, this weekend's gonna be silly because Wrestle Palooza and All Out were originally head to head and then Tony moved All Out to twelve Pacific three Eastern. But the last time this happened, the last time they did this, he deliberately ran like the longest show of all time to try to bleed into the wrestle. So it's actually gonna probably be even longer because you know, instead of going head to head, we're just gonna go really long and end up head to head at the end, and then we got Russell Palooza, which is on whatever it's on.
Speaker 3: Okay, the problem with that is that I'm sorry, but the proto Star versus Hangman doesn't have quite the same juice that they had last time they went head to head, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, I do know what you mean, but I think the bigger issue is that some people are still stuck with this idea that you don't have a choice, you must choose only one or the other. And it's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Can you please make sure that I have to do that choice?
Speaker 1: I literally force me to. Please, Dude, Name one show I've wanted to watch, not one I wanted to go to, because that's triple a. Name one show that I've wanted to watch that I didn't because of a timing issue or a head to head or whatever. It's twenty twenty five, everybody, If you want to watch a show, you're just gonna watch the show. It doesn't matter if it's head to head with another show. It doesn't matter if it's the same day as another show. It doesn't matter which show's going first or last. You're gonna watch the shows you want to watch. That's it. So, I mean, it's not nineteen eighty eight, where you know your cable provider is either gonna give you a Survivor series or I mean, it's not like that anymore. Well, we can all watch everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you also may not want to watch everything. Yeah, and you know what, the stuff there's college football going on.
Speaker 1: Now, you're right, but you know what, what's my point? If you want to watch one of them, you're gonna watch it, right. Are you gonna miss your Turkish oil wrestling if you want to watch it?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Correct, Actually there was like five tournaments this past weekend. I didn't watch any of them.
Speaker 1: Well, you didn't want to watch it because I was I had to watch wrestling. If you would want to watch that Turkish oil wrestling, you would have watched it, or you would have found the match you wanted to see. If there was Turkish oil wrestling in the Armor, you'd have watched it.
Speaker 3: The season is over, the Energy League season is over, and they're just doing tournaments now for the fun of it. Okay, yeah, so there's less stakes much like this aew all out show.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty big lineup compared.
Speaker 3: To the last the one in England that.
Speaker 1: Was that was literally their biggest show of the year. We got Hangman versus Kyle Fletcher aw title. We got Copin and Christian against FTR, Mercedes against Rijo for the TBS title, Okada Takeshta and whoever wins that match tonight in a three way Broddo against the three winners of the three matches tonight in a ladder match.
Speaker 3: Hold on, so it's hold on, Yes, we back up, it's Mascara Dorata. Isn't that match tonight?
Speaker 1: Yes? Okay, Yeah, he's gonna win, So it's gonna be Derata Takeshta and Okada unified title. Three man, we got Hurt, Cindy Kid versus Ricochet and Gates of Agony, six Man, Moxley and Darby in a coffin match, Tony Storm against Tekla, Jamie Hayter and Chris stat Lanner in a four way for the women's title, MGF versus Mark Risco, Tables and Tax Match and Eddie Kingston against Big Bill is your lineup for all Out? And then Russell Palooza has Sena and Lesner, Cody and Drew for the w WE title. Eo versus Stephanie for the World title, the Women's title, Siam Punk and aj levers is Seth and Becky, which really is the biggest match on the show. And Braun and Braun versus USSO and USO to might be the first time ever we've had a match like that. Braun and Braun versus USO and USO. So there you go, big weekend. What are you gonna What are you gonna watch? First?
Speaker 3: Turkish oil wrestling idiots?
Speaker 1: Any of these shows sound more exciting than the other time.
Speaker 3: If I was forced to choose, I'd watch Russell Paluza Okay, because I think it's the more noteworthy, newsworthy of the two shows. If I was watching it for action, well, it's going to be almost always aw.
Speaker 1: I guess we probably have had Hardy and Hardy versus USO and USO. It must have happened before.
Speaker 3: Well, this isn't two people with the same last name. It's two people with the same first name. It's true, two people with the same last name.
Speaker 1: That's true. So that has never happened.
Speaker 3: Well, it may have.
Speaker 1: I can't think of anything, because Vince never would allow to people with the same name and even be in the company at the same time. Right, figured out everybody back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Hi, what card is this?
Speaker 3: What on Planet Earth?
Speaker 1: Second?
Speaker 3: For a minute, I have no absolutely no clue what happened with Brian here, but during the break, some sort of calamity has overtaken him. I suppose we could look at a little bit of the news before we get into NXT. Here in a moment, if there is any news. Ah, here we go from the front page of The Wrestling Observer cm Punk. Having aj Lee back in WW is like a dream come true. He's having the time of his life. Punk told part in my take when I asked about his wife's return. Oh, right, like the uber nerdiest wife guy. I always like to say, I try to spend as much time with my wife as I can. I spend a lot of time with her. It never feels like it's enough. So having her back in this environment with me. What are you talking about is like a dream come true. I'm talking about the biggest angle on raw talking about some comments from cmpunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's very happy.
Speaker 3: That's about the return of his wife. Oh, j Lee.
Speaker 1: Well, what I was doing during the break is do you know how to get this new YESPN thing?
Speaker 3: Well, I have it, so it depends on so.
Speaker 1: You already signed up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I hadn't when I went to ESPN and they right in the upper left it's it's sign up. Click here to sign up?
Speaker 3: What all right? To listen to you and Dave argue back and forth and have no clue what either one of you were talking about the other night you did. Yeah, there's a thirty dollars bundle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just that's why I was doing during the break.
Speaker 3: Has Disney and Hulu along with ESPN.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I was doing during the break. That's why I had you take over because it was like, it goes last four digits and I didn't know what card it was talking about, so I find whatever card it was on. But yes, I now have ESPN, Unlimited, Disney and Hulu Plus Live TV, all of these, so I am. I am ready to go.
Speaker 3: I don't think you have Hulu Plus Live TV.
Speaker 1: No I did. I got the bundle or I got Hulu whatever you go.
Speaker 3: There's a big difference between those two.
Speaker 1: Well what do I get with this?
Speaker 3: Just Hulu with probably Futurama or something. Who the heck noes?
Speaker 1: I got a bundle. So do I have Hulu?
Speaker 3: Now you have? Yes, you have Hulu, but you don't have Hulu Live.
Speaker 1: I see Okay, this is really hard.
Speaker 3: This is really no. It's not that confusing, just not that hard.
Speaker 1: It says, what's the difference between Hulu and Hulu plus Live TV.
Speaker 3: One of them has live pell of one is just old shows. So I do have the old shows.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, cool.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, some people like to watch stuff because if you're gonna watch something, you're gonna watch it anyways. You're right, it doesn't matter if it's live, if you really want to watch it, You're correct, You're gonna watch it later.
Speaker 1: You're correct. I forgot you were one of the people that argue that they should have moved the star time. I forgot about that. Oh well, hey, uh, we're gonna we're gonna test something out here as well, because there was a media call, an ESPN media call, and uh, ESPN Plus Senior Vice President J. T. Lasker and VP of Programming and Acquisitions Matt kenny Or asked if those who report on wrestling will have quote full independence in how they do so, he said, I think the answer to that is an emphatic yes, an unequivocal yes. There's a separation of church and state, and we have some pr folks on the call that can underscore that. But yes, so they're saying they don't care what you say. If they don't care how you report on WWE, they don't care you have full independence and how we report on WWE. What do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I wasn't paying attention. I was watching people argue in the chat they are we have full independence reporting on them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You and me?
Speaker 1: Are you talking about the YouTube chat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What were they arguing about?
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 1: ESPN and how to watch it and if it's plus or unlimited or E. It's gonna be a disaster Saturday. You know what's gonna be like. It's gonna be like in two thousand and six when I couldn't find the Hall of Fame. Yep, but I already found this ESPN thing, So I'm good to go. The rest of you gonna you're gonna feel how I felt when they aired that Hall of Fame on three feet call whatever it was on back, and that I still don't even know. I don't even know how we were supposed to watch the Hall of Fame back in two thousand and six. It's still a mystery.
Speaker 3: Maybe at ww New York you could have popped in and watched it.
Speaker 1: So now in addition to all of this, they claim they were asked about Russell Balooza running against All Out, and they claimed that competition had nothing to do with it. It's just a coincidence whether they are running head to head or they were running head to head until Tony moved with All Out. This fella. Matt Kenny here said they will work collaboratively with w on the schedule, and in this case, many of WWE's events have already been scheduled for the year. He said. Traditionally, what are you doing over there?
Speaker 3: Moderating?
Speaker 1: He said, Traditionally ESPN would work with a partners part of a lengthy process in scheduling dates, working together on a calendar. He said. The pls were not supposed to start until April of twenty twenty six, and it wasn't until WWE negotiated with NBCU and Peacock to get out early that ESPN was able to move the timetable up. And once they did, dang it, they wanted something big in September. It just happened to be the same day as aw all Out. So I will say this, maybe maybe they're telling the truth and going forward there will not be head to head battle because WWE did want to go head to head with Aw's World's End and an ESPN they were like, Nope, not happening, can't have that day. So you know, all of these other head to heads prior had always been with Peacock. So I'm very, very skeptical that we will never see a head to head battle again. I don't believe it for a second. But perhaps they're telling the truth and this is the last time and any other time it happens in the future will surely be merely a coincidence.
Speaker 3: Well, we are going to have a head to head battle at the beginning of October, but that is TV. Yeah, it's not by the WWE's doings. By aw Right. Well they they they're moved because of sports.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, they happen to be head to head with NXT. So some other notes, they said that WWE retains creative, which really I'm not surprised ESPN is not booking WWE. They said Russell Palooza will be part of the ESPN multiview option, which will allow fans to watch action alongside other ESPN live sports programming. So if you want to watch like fifty things at the same time. I guess you can do that. I don't know what this is about because I watch sports. They're continuing to work with various cable streaming providers that ESPN airs on in order to give those subscribers access to ESPN unlimited. They say that by the turn of the calendar year, the vast majority of their existing ESPN subscriber base will have access to the service, with the ultimate goal being to turn the vast majority into all so, he says, ads of now deals with providers like Exfinity comcasts and YouTube have not been completed. Well, if you have DirecTV, Fubo, Spectrum, Hulu Live, and Verizon FiOS, you do, He says. They have nothing to do with the content archive, only the plees, so we'll see where those go when the Peacock deal is out. The third questions about a Baseball Tonight live coverage WWE coverage show, Well, I'm sure they'll have full uh you know, he said that. Ask what metrics they are using to determine whether this relationship is a success. He said he couldn't share target numbers, but they want to grow ESPN's overall audience and attract new subscribers.
Speaker 3: So well, well, I mean he's got a point there. I mean I would assume that most of the ww fans, I.
Speaker 1: Mean maybe what you don't watch sports, right, I listen, I have watched for a while. They got one guy.
Speaker 3: So Vinnie watches sports? Does Craig watch sports?
Speaker 1: I think Craig watches sports. I don't know how many of them subscribed to ESPN Unlimited though, that's the question.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a brand new thing, so it's kind of a mood point.
Speaker 1: Well, the point is would they have subscribed to it? Actually, I know I can tell you for a fact because Vinnie didn't even know he had to pay thirty bucks a month. So Vinnie is not paying for ESPN right now, so he has to sign up for the pay per view. So I guess that's two people. Two people have now signed up to ESPN that would not have otherwise. And actually I talked last night Craig as well. He also was not thrilled with the thirty bucks, so he also would not have signed up for ESPN Unlimited without WWE. So I guess the question is how many other people are are like us? And I guess what deals like? What's financial deals are they going to make when, for example, YouTube TV adds this, I mean, is the cost of YouTube TV gonna go up again to make you know, to make up for this? I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm dropping YouTube TV actually because of this new bundle. I have ESPN and Fox one, which has nothing on it.
Speaker 1: Where's your Turkish oil wrestling?
Speaker 8: Air?
Speaker 1: Just on YouTube? In my dreams, baby back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 9: Everyone watches more than five hours of television really, and that's not counting mobile viewing. Get Dish TV and make that time worth it. With Dish you can get hundreds of channels, access to all kinds of sports, tons of movies, premium channels and more. Another thing that's really cool with Dish is you can watch most of your favorite shows on your mobile device anywhere for a lot less than cable.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 9: We are asking you to watch more TV and not less TV. But make it better television with Dish this time, anytime, anywhere. So call right now and learn how easy it is to say on your television bill and get the most out.
Speaker 8: Of your TV viewing experience.
Speaker 9: Dial that number and I promise you were here waiting for your call because we want to save you money and give you better television. We are Dish TV.
Speaker 6: Eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight, eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight eight hundred two nine three oh three two eight. That's eight hundred two nine three zero three twenty eight.
Speaker 8: Hello Americans, it's Uncle Sam here. If you owe ten thousand dollars for more in back taxes to the IRS or state, don't worry. I've got important news that may help you negotiate a lower tax bill. In today's economy, the IRS has released a variety of new rules and is offering more flexible terms to help Americans looking to settle their IRS debt. If you apply today, we may be able to lift your wage garnishments and release a freeze on your bank assets or business. Our team of tax professionals can resolve your case and stop collection actions against you, even if you've been audited or haven't filed a return in years. They can help Call right now and find out if you qualify to settle your IRS debt for far less than what you owe. Pick up your phone right now and call us for a free five hundred dollars irs tax review. Don't wait, here's the number.
Speaker 6: Call right now. Eight hundred nine four three nine two one five eight hundred nine four three nine two one five eight hundred nine four three nine two one five Again for the last time. That's eight hundred nine four three ninety two fifteen.
Speaker 5: Hey, vacation lovers, it's finally time to use all those random facts you learn on TikTok for something that actually matters. It's the radio trivia challenge from the Vacation Buddies dot Com.
Speaker 1: All right, here's how it works.
Speaker 5: Be one of the first ten callers right now, and you'll score a complimentary three today, two night getaway from the Vacation Buddies. You'll stay at none other than Westgate Resorts in your choice of Vegas, Orlando, Myrtle Beach, er Branson. You ready, According to travel Stats, which of these three cities is the most visited vacation destination in the US A Las Vegas, Orlando see New York City. First ten callers get the trip. So stop scrolling and start dialing, and let's see if TikTok actually taught you anything.
Speaker 6: Be one of the first ten callers called vacation buddies right now. Eight hundred three four oh one eight three four eight hundred three four oh one eight three four eight hundred three four oh one eight three four. That's eight hundred three four oh eighteen thirty four.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike Simpervivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: By the show, Bryan Elbarez here, Wrestling Observer Live. Filthy Tom is here and Tom it is your floor. The floor is yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, I appreciate you throwing me on the spot.
Speaker 1: I whole commercial break listen. I can do it if you want to. But like I do what Vinnie I do with Dave. Everyone's sick of my voice. I got to give you something for you have to be so crabby all the time. We're supposed to be like co hosts and friends.
Speaker 2: No we're not.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this.
Speaker 3: We had the NXT, the big NXT homecoming show which they have been building for week and week now back here at full sail. A ton of big names announced for the show. Riha, Ripley, Johnny Gargano, Champa, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Tyler Breeze of all people from the past, and the very first person that we get into full sale is the man who brought the Black and Gold brand to us. It's Triple H. He talks about how awesome NXT has been, the great superstars that have come through, and then he brings out HBK, his longtime friend, the man that he passed the reins of NXT down to, and then they talk for a little bit. They talk about how great NXT was, how great it has become, how great of a job Sean has done. And then Triple H says, well, you know what, what if I want to come back? And HBK gets in his face and lets him know, well, then we would have a very very big problem. Suddenly we get the return the entrance of former authority figure in NXT, William Regal. He comes out, He looks at these two gentlemen and he says, oh, war game.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's not what happened. Well, he came out, fans yelled war games, and so he yelled at him and he goes, can you edit that off? And then he said his thing like when this first happened, I was like, oh my god, they're actually gonna do like a Hunter team versus a Sean team for like NXT war games. By the time this was over, I was like, this was a goofy comedy segment to waste fifteen minutes at the start of the show.
Speaker 3: That was it. You don't think they're doing anything.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think there's something else coming that we'll get to.
Speaker 3: Well, it could be a war game.
Speaker 1: I think this was just something silly to bring back Hunter and Sean and Regal and this is what they came up with. Could be wrong. That's what I got out of it.
Speaker 3: We then had coming down for the main roster. Both of these women, former big Stars, former champions on the NXT brand, now the women's tag champs, Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss. They defended the titles against the Cullings is He Dame and Tatum Pasley. Uh. They they had a match. I mean there was no angle, nothing. They had a match back and forth and Alexa Blissity's sister Abigail covered Tatum Packsley and they got to win.
Speaker 1: This is a pretty good match.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I was surprised there was no angle or anything. I seem like perhaps I don't know if they're they're setting up uh backstage still soul Ruka and Zaria for a title shot. Maybe because they were backstage bickering arguing with each other. Incomes Laney Reid Candice Lay. They argue about who's gonna win the Speed title, and then Shana Basler walks in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had two people on the show that are not under contract with the WWE in any way, Shana Basler and Tyler Breeze.
Speaker 3: And Shana Bezler came in and she said, look, you two should stick together, stay as a team, and you'll still be able to have single success. And then both women agreed, and I was like, good, I hope that's what happens. I hope they don't break it up.
Speaker 1: You and me.
Speaker 3: We were not going to have success together or independently.
Speaker 1: They had someone else's brain or someone else's hip truck.
Speaker 3: Williams and Carmelo Hayes to go on, Tomaso Chompa and Johnny Gargano. Uh, Tomaso Chompa came out like he.
Speaker 1: Was Darth maulsed to be. It was supposed to be black and gold face paint for the old NXT.
Speaker 3: Well it was Yeah, but I don't remember him doing it before. Okay.
Speaker 1: Sometimes on a special day, you put paint on your face.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Uh, they had a match. There were some points where it looked like Trick and Carmelo, we're gonna have a disagreement, much like you and I. However, in the end that did not happen. Instead, the Miz ran out as Di I Y had this match of control. It didn't go Miss ran out hit a skull crushing finale on Johnny Gargano. Hayes came back in with the nothing button, neet, and they got the wins.
Speaker 1: Weren't you telling me that mis was a babyface? No, he's not.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Whoever that was, He's not.
Speaker 3: No one said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody you.
Speaker 3: Are keep saying Carmelo Hayes is a.
Speaker 1: Baby Carmela Hayes is the babyface. And his team and you or somebody else, we're like, no, I think Miz is actually the baby face.
Speaker 3: He's always Yes, you are correct, you are correct, he is not. He is not a face overall, But he's the one trying to save trying to save him from doing that move off the top.
Speaker 1: Come on, what was actually interesting about this match is technically every single solitary person in the match is a heel, but every single person in the match also worked as a babyface at some point during this match, except the one guy you say is a babyface. Miss was the only heel.
Speaker 3: As a match where you had the newer era of NXT defeat the old era kind of in a symbolic match. I liked it.
Speaker 1: It was good. It was a good match. They were all good matches on the show.
Speaker 3: Sammy Zay put over Javon Evans in the back, Josh Briggs came in. They argued Evans came in wanted to brawl with Briggs, but Zan stopped them, gave them a pep talk.
Speaker 1: Just nine more years, brother, you'll get there.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, how old is Javon Evans.
Speaker 1: Twenty one or twenty or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got plenty of time.
Speaker 1: You're idiots.
Speaker 3: God, Ethan Page, why strike when the iron's hot?
Speaker 1: That's that's the question that they often ask themselves.
Speaker 3: Ethan Page to got Tyler Breeze for the NXT North America title.
Speaker 1: Brother, I gotta give this Tyler Breeze credit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Tyler Breeze some credit had Booker T ever heard of this guy?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he was an idiot. But they did a video at the beginning of the show, going back to the beginning of NXT, and you've got like Roman Reigns and seth Rawlins and Sammy Zay and just like everybody that's gone through. And it's amazing watching the video because some of these people look so much older now. Some of these people somehow look exactly the same. And Tyler Breese is one of those guys who not only looks exactly the same as when he was in NXT before, but this guy works like he has been there NonStop.
Speaker 7: Up.
Speaker 1: He was so good in this match, and Ethan Page is is great and this was like an astonishingly good match that these two guys had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tyler Breeze, I was. I was upset watching it because Booker T didn't know his offense. So he hits the beauty shot, which should be, you know, the biggest near fall of the match, and it was just nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Booker's like guys never won a singles title? What does that say about him? Like, way to put the guy over.
Speaker 3: Brother, So uh, Page caught him on the top rope hit the twisted grin from the ropes and got the three count very good match. Then he argued with Triple A Latin American Champion. Heho Dell Doctor Wagner Junior.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: After the match, Damian Priest was backstage given Olympic wrestler Tavion Heights a pep talk pumping him up, and he's secured Heights a title match against Ethan Page for next week at Noble.
Speaker 1: I should freaking hope. So he beat the guy in the middle of the ring a week ago.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't. Well, he beat him in the corner of the ring when the flag, which I mean, really should that get you a title shot? You grabbed a flag. Grayson Waller effect with Ricky Saints and Oba Femi. Uh. He went back and forth and then.
Speaker 1: Let's cut to the chase here. So the story is Ricky and Oba are going back and forth and Trick comes out and they're all arguing, and suddenly Grayson says, I have talked to I'm going to talk to Avian Santino. Next week. It is Trick versus Oba Femi Champion versus champion title versus title winner takes all and the winner faces Ricky Saints at no Mercy, and I.
Speaker 3: Said, what seems a bit rushed?
Speaker 1: What Well, it was until about five minutes later when the announcers start talking about how everybody in TNA is upset. They start putting up tweet after tweet after tweet after tweet. Dude, this match next week is ending in a schmas when we have the TNA invasion and I think we're actually gonna get TNA versus NXT war games as opposed to Hunter's Crew versus Shawn's crew. That's what I got out of the show.
Speaker 3: That would be my guess as well after watching it. Charlie Dempsey he's gone to Japan for a month. Bobby Rude showed up to no applause.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it wasn't no applause. They first said they muted the crowd, and so this guy walks in and he looks around listening to the audience, but we just hit a dead silence. I was like, oh my god, that was the most awkward moment of the year.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and then Joe Henry came in Bobby demp he told Rensa Claire, don't do anything stupid that I wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: While I'm gone, Bobby, Charlie Depsy.
Speaker 3: Charlie Depsey, Sorry, Bobby Depty's from like a Ring of Honor twenty years ago? Is he going to Noah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I presume okay, Lexus King got a promo, Finn Baler came out, Miles Bourne attacked King. God, Finn Bowler stopped him.
Speaker 1: Dude. This was one of those classic moments where they bring out Finn Balor and he's doing his old babyface gimmick. He's got his old babyface music, he's doing the thing, and the crowd's putting there. I mean, they're freaking going wild for this guy. He came off as like a ten times bigger star on this show that he does on Raw. He stuck the landing on Lexus King with his double foot stomp, like oh my god, and then like it's just back to normal now.
Speaker 3: And then in the main event we had any big return, well there wasn't Dark State promo real quick, I want to mintion it.
Speaker 1: But guy was gonna say something, but they cut him off and hustled him out, so they haven't dropped that he's an idiot gimmick, which is certainly gonna do them favors. But then yes, we have the main event.
Speaker 3: The all star team of Stephanie vaquer Lyra Valkyria and Rhea Ripley taking on Fatal Influence. I like this match. I thought it hit all the points that it needed to. I like Fatal Influences act. I've got a feeling that, based on the finish and how they've been doing things Lolavice is gonna knock out Jacy Jaye and win that title, much like she did here. She had the spinning backfist, knocked Lacy Jacy Jane into the ring. She's got a win.
Speaker 1: No, no, I've heard that with so many guys. No man, dude, and dude. She was responsible for Rhea getting the win over the champion here in this match. That never bodes well. They're beaten her. That's the whole NXT gimmick. We build people up and then beat them. I hope they prove me wrong.
Speaker 3: I think she's winning. I think it's time for them to switch the belt off JC, but fine, prove it to me. I am a big fan of Fatal Influence. I do not want to see them break up. I hope that after JC loses his belt, they go on a house of torture like run across the woman's.
Speaker 1: Devasation and teasing breaking up for like a year. Now they're up there with Grayson Waller in theory. But yeah, I have no faith. Lola absolutely, one hundred percent should win. Her father should be there. He should strap that belt around her waist and go wild. They're gonna beat her back in a moment.
Speaker 2: Observer Life, you are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So I'd a smart enough Tom. During the break, there's an NXT next Tuesday with the double title match Obafemi and Trick Williams with all the belts on the line. Candace versus Laney Reid and Lexus King and Miles Bourne in a light sound match. The big show is No Mercy which is a pl that weekend, so we have t and a Victory Road on Friday and No Mercy on Saturday. That's the Obafemi or Trick Williams versus Ricky Saints match for the NXT title. JC and Lola, Ethan and Tavion and soul Ruka against either Candace or Laney got it for now?
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I will need clarification once again tomorrow and then next week as well.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, looking at this victory Road Moose versus MUSBALLI sounds awesome them, but they somehow also have ash By Elegance versus Masha Slaviovich with Indy Hartwell as a special guest referee. At least she's not wrestling. I guess she's she's hit or miss. So anyway, that's that, and then uh, I guess tomorrow, Tom, will we be talking September to remember are you gonna run now one tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I could do it September remember three hours at ae W Comanatcha along with a special guests I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have to get going on to remember.
Speaker 3: Early mystery announcement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's coming up tomorrow. Everybody, Thank you all, even you Tom. I'll see you in an hour after Dark Radio a live show with a special guest here on Sports Byline Wrestling it is over live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network