Speaker 1: You guys, this is my history.
Speaker 2: What you've done.
Speaker 3: What show up?
Speaker 1: You guys should do a platform.
Speaker 3: That ensues.
Speaker 1: The world's most This morning show, Burkes, DJ injuries.
Speaker 4: Every playing by recking up made it just hilarious.
Speaker 3: She'll stand up.
Speaker 5: I made you think they're liking controversial questions. We're taking us farst.
Speaker 1: I like this show.
Speaker 5: Thanks Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning Usa, yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 1: Yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Morning Charlamagne, the god peace to the planet is Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Good mor It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: What a glorious day. Another day to serve our people. Man, talk to these beautiful listeners, listeners of ours.
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 3: That's right? Well, good morning out there.
Speaker 1: Yes man, we got a lot of answers yesterday, you know yesterday when I gave a nargy today to one on five through the beat in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got some answers. Okay, we'll get them this morning.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize we had that many people listening the land. I mean, they show us in the rangings and stuff like that, but I didn't realize it.
Speaker 1: I tell yesterday.
Speaker 3: They showed up yesterday. Yeah, yeah, how you feeling just.
Speaker 7: I'm feeling good.
Speaker 8: I'm feeling like I'm growing more than I even like, growing faster than I expected. Tell them I ordered these clothes, right, and all I got on this nice bed dress.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 7: It's not from Shane. Boy, shut up, you want somebody to be a clown, so bade anyway.
Speaker 8: So nothing's wrong with Shane. But that's not why I got this move from. So it was it's so nice. I ordered it, and it's a maternity dressed right, and I look good on one side and on the other side, yo, with the zip of one dipping and like, this little baby is just growing much more, much faster than I thought that she would.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to wear nothing else, so you like, I'm.
Speaker 8: Not taking this off, Yo. It was so hard getting it on. I kind of already figured it would be too small.
Speaker 7: West I be gotting it. I was like, Yo, this is crazy.
Speaker 4: I think it's supposed to breathe on that side because you'd be having pressure, right, yeah, I'll be having pressure.
Speaker 3: I think it'supposed to.
Speaker 4: Think it's supposed to breathe it's supposed to be a both, it's supposed to be open.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's posted it, but I don't know.
Speaker 7: Did you get your pants machine yesterday because they was snug?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: I did that was that was that was a size and.
Speaker 7: They sent you a smaller pants and a large and the hoodie.
Speaker 1: Because it's for the same reason that you won't take that dress and then there and.
Speaker 3: Change what she Oh my god told me.
Speaker 4: You told me that they are the same vend sheen fashion over. It's all the same things as different names.
Speaker 7: And legacy resilience.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't put it on that though Matthew would be on that yest of people's affordable, very very affordablely.
Speaker 8: So stop trying to like everything be from there were's still other places. It's a Nemon's and sexy.
Speaker 1: Talking about that.
Speaker 10: No, she.
Speaker 3: Just like a few years ago, fashion over, fashion over fast. Pretty pretty little.
Speaker 8: Thing, right, Yes, it's pretty little thing. They're actually coming up, so they're coming back.
Speaker 1: And shouted all the kids out on the spring break, my kids on spring breaks, I promise you, well, the two girls on spring break, my boy, my boy, it was those spring breaker We want to have different they have different spring breaks, so every day we have to do something different. So yesterday they wanted to see Kung Fu Panda four, So I took him to go see Kung Fu Panda four. It's on TV, is it?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Kungoro the fourth and one. Well, they wanted to go to the movie, but it's on Prime video. I'm we want to movies to go see it. They wanted the experience, so we went to the movies to go see it in the three D version. Yes, so, which is pretty good because I got a great nap because I went to the movie thead with the lounge seat.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got a great nap? Or what did I that like? Movie? Loved it.
Speaker 1: I don't have no idea what happened the whole point, that's all taken. That for adults, that's all it is for that's all it is. All right, Let's get the show cracked and Gerard Carlmichael will be joining us this morning. Comedian on HBO called Gerard call Michael's reality show, you.
Speaker 3: Gave him Donkey the Day last week too. I did give him.
Speaker 1: Donkey the day last week because he uh was saying that he felt like David Dave Chappelle's jokes were, what.
Speaker 4: Trans I just feel like it's a comedian. You shouldn't do that because that the same thing can happened to you.
Speaker 3: And less than.
Speaker 4: Twelve hours later it did because it's something he did on his reacity.
Speaker 3: It was on his ass, that's right. And also doctor Cornell West and Malina Abdullah.
Speaker 4: Yes joined that is still running for president. Yeah, and doctor Malina is his vice president of candidate.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we'll be yes, yes, and then when we come back, we got front page news, will tell you about the w NBA. Last night was the draft and your president, well your ex president, he was in court all day yesterday.
Speaker 3: We'll tell you about that as well. So it's the breakfast club in the.
Speaker 1: Morning morning everybody, it's DJ Envy, Jesse Laarn, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. The last night was the twenty twenty four w NBA draft, right, so of course I think we all knew Katelyn Clark was going.
Speaker 3: Number once she went to the Indiana Fever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, should be teamed up with a Leah Boston on the Star Calina game Cock of Leeah Boston yep.
Speaker 1: Cameron Brink went to the Sparks, Camilla Cardozo went to Chicago Sky South Carolina all day. Uh and also which I thought was pretty dope. Angel Reese went to Chicago Sky as well.
Speaker 4: That's right to her and Camilla Cardoso Beer forming that twin tower duo in Chicago, Camillo bs and and Angel power.
Speaker 1: For It's exciting. Rakia Jackson went to the Sparks and J. C. Sheldon went to the Dallas Wings.
Speaker 3: You know another cool story?
Speaker 10: Uh uh?
Speaker 3: And what's her name?
Speaker 1: Martin? Martin from Iowa? I can't remember her first name? The other girl I went to support, she said she went to support Kaitlyn and ended up getting drafted. Didn't expect to hear her drafted? A Yeah, I seen that story in the stands. You're supposed to be in the stands.
Speaker 4: They said that you're supposed to be in the mezzanine, just up there to support Caitlyn and ended up getting drafted.
Speaker 3: That's dope. Well, we have Kitlyn Club talking about it, right or they're announcing them.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think the biggest thing is it's an organization that really cares about women's basketball. They want to do a first class you know. Obviously getting to play with Allah that lights her eyes up as a point guard.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think it's just exciting.
Speaker 11: They want to get back to their winning ways. Obviously, championship pedigree there and what Lin has done, it's been absolutely incredible. So I can't imagine a better place. Obviously, it's the Midwest. Everybody knows it's going to be a hard.
Speaker 1: Ticket to get.
Speaker 11: So you've had him, got haven't got your tickets?
Speaker 6: Tail?
Speaker 3: You better get him now.
Speaker 11: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Also Camilla.
Speaker 1: When they asked Camilla about playing with Angel Reese, she pretty much.
Speaker 3: Said, who's gona get a rebound from us? Who's gonna get a rebound from?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: All?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 1: Today is the Western Conference play in Tournament. The Lakers take on the New Orleans What's what's the new team?
Speaker 4: Pelicans? Crazy about this, don't think about it. Are playing the Pelicans Sacramento.
Speaker 1: That's Curry, two of the greatest players.
Speaker 4: We've ever seen her in the playing tournament, in the play in tournament, not even in the playoffs, not at all all.
Speaker 1: Right now, yesterday was day one for Donald Trump. Now they were picking the jury. They haven't picked the jury. They say, at times it seemed like Donald Trump was sleeping. And there's a recap of the trial. Was looking forward for years, all right, so they told me this was the recap. But this audio right here is pretty much. They want Donald Trump to be there every day. So Donald Trump cannot leave, he cannot go anywhere, he can't campaign.
Speaker 3: He has to be there four days a week.
Speaker 1: The only day they have off is Wednesday, so Donald Trump he has to campaign in the hallway after the proceedings. So this is him saying, damn, my son has graduation. They won't even let me go to my son's graduation.
Speaker 10: And I was looking forward for years graduation with his mother and father.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 12: It looks like judges are gonna allow Angel escape the scam.
Speaker 3: It's a scam trial.
Speaker 13: In addition, as you know, next Thursday.
Speaker 1: But before the United States Supreme courtment on Community and this is something that.
Speaker 5: We've been waiting for a long time.
Speaker 1: And the judge, of.
Speaker 14: Course, is not going to allow us.
Speaker 15: He's a great conflicting judge and he's not going to allow us to go to that because he thinks he's superior.
Speaker 10: I guess to but Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: So that was day one of the trial. No juror was picked as of yet.
Speaker 1: They saying that you know pretty much they can't find a juror that that doesn't know him. Yes, it doesn't follow him, that hasn't heard of him, that does nobody's talking of America truly very difficult.
Speaker 4: America truly does not have a system in place to have someone like Trump on trial, a former president of the United States of America, who's the front runner for the GOP right now. The truth is it's impossible for this trial to be fair on any level. Like what juror doesn't know him, what juror will not see his trial on the news, on social media. He's ran for president twice, or either way you have voted for him or you voted against him.
Speaker 3: How is that fair?
Speaker 4: If I don't like him, he's guilty. If I like him, he's not guilty. Nobody's gonna be objective in this case. Nobody's gonna be biased. We don't have a system to prosecute this man.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is is his biggest thing is he's saying he can't campaign, he can't campaign.
Speaker 3: And be president. But what's bigger than him his campaign?
Speaker 1: What's bigger than him going in the hall every day, the case, issuing on the judge and issuing on every media.
Speaker 3: All day, all day.
Speaker 4: Every news outlet is covering it. You're not telling us anything that President Biden is doing. And if you do, it's like you know in the fine, fine, fine fine print. That's why I said, they spend all day talking to us about how how bad Trump is, and you know how terrible Trump is. He sucks up all the energy out of the news cycle. You don't even hear about what the other candidate's doing. This is a great campaign for Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: But I do wonder if if this would have been if somebody else under trial, would they have let him go to their kids graduation, if they would have let him leave and get an excuse for that day for his kids high school graduation. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm looking at the front page of New York Times, who want to cover Trump?
Speaker 1: The New York Daily News, who want to cover Donald Trump. That's what I'm saying. What is the president doing?
Speaker 4: You spend so much time telling us about how you know terrible Trump is, and not enough time telling us the good things that Biden is doing and then you wonder what's going what's going to lead people to the polls in November.
Speaker 3: Simply the person they see every day.
Speaker 1: Right, and people are watching him at court because they're watching him to see if he's sleeping. They watching him to see if he's gonna bring out and say anything because they say, yesterday.
Speaker 4: Was sleeping and y'all still having factor in. Uh, you know, the voter suppression that's gonna happen in November. And Democrats only defense against voter suppression is we need the largest voter turnout in the history of America.
Speaker 3: You're not getting that this year, all right, not happening.
Speaker 1: That is front page news. Now, everybody, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need the vent phone lines to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, get it off your chest.
Speaker 16: It's the breakfast club in the morning, the breakfast club. Wait, this is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 10: Hello. Who's this Hey, Good morning, mister Sean calling from Utah.
Speaker 3: Showing from Utah. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Hey, I just.
Speaker 6: Relocated out of really from Brooklyn. Much loves to you, Charlomage the God Jeff Hilarius real quick.
Speaker 10: Donald Trump's an idiot, man.
Speaker 14: The judge never made any type of comment regarded this son's graduation.
Speaker 3: He's out there playing the fifth dude, Yeah and it works. No, he didn't say anything about the graduation. He said that Donald Trump is required to be there four days of the week and they only have Wednesday off and they won't let him leave five.
Speaker 10: But Trump's said, right, but Trump said that, Oh, the Judge's not gonna lie first graduation. The judge never made a moving on that.
Speaker 1: Also, Donald Trump is just assuming being that the judge told him, you gotta be there every day.
Speaker 6: Right again again, like I said, playing the victim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm watching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the judge, Judge Murkin, actually said it may be possible for Trump to attend the May seventeen celebration, but you got to see how the trial develops.
Speaker 3: That's actually what the judge said, Hello, who's this? What's up propagating for three? What's happening?
Speaker 6: What's going on? I gotta quit everybody worn bu Donald Trump in this trial. But how he going on trial and running for president at the same time, because.
Speaker 3: That's the way America's set up.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, America never thought that it would have this kind of problem. So there's no system in place to even deal with somebody like a Donald Trump.
Speaker 14: Yeah, because we can't even get jobs.
Speaker 1: Well, run for president, if you run for president, If you run for president, you can do that. That's crazy. Man, Ahead and start the low country ticket, the shrimp and grits ticket. Yeah, you're right, all right?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 17: Lamb?
Speaker 10: Lamb?
Speaker 2: What up?
Speaker 6: Lamb?
Speaker 1: Amen?
Speaker 3: Man, get up your chest, bro.
Speaker 14: It's always hard to find the number, bro.
Speaker 6: The number to call in the morning is dark.
Speaker 1: One hundred five eight five, one oh five one eight hundred five eighty five, one oh five one.
Speaker 14: Look look see that's my problem. One eight hundred and there. What's an hundred eight hundred?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Shut up, you can't be serious, you death bro.
Speaker 14: You've been saying an hundred instead of eight hundred.
Speaker 3: One hundred hundred.
Speaker 8: It's always one in something twenty five five hundred, eight hundred five.
Speaker 3: What No, Maybe we take that for granted.
Speaker 1: But because we're older, so we know that there's a one maybe people don't know it's supposed to be a one.
Speaker 7: What you're talking about. I ain't as old as y'all, and I know that I've been seeing it all my life.
Speaker 3: Wonder he might be twenty something. Okay, one to eight hundred.
Speaker 7: One oh five one up right now, start saying eighteen hundred forget.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you people forget that one. They don't know razy, I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: For is your time to get it off your chest way, whether you're.
Speaker 3: Man or blessed, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 1: Call up now eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this Hey?
Speaker 10: Good morning piece and blessings, Thank good, this.
Speaker 3: Morning showing Stone.
Speaker 13: What up?
Speaker 3: Get it off your.
Speaker 10: Hey, Jes, good morning Es, good morning show man, Good morning energy.
Speaker 1: So depressed, man, I don't call people all depressed energy.
Speaker 10: Bro. I'm not whoa. I'm not depressed, bro. I'm super happy right now. I'm in the bathroom. My daughter was born yesterday.
Speaker 3: Congratulation.
Speaker 10: I'm a girl, dad, Parish Ivy Stone.
Speaker 14: It's in the world.
Speaker 10: Okay, So I'm excited about that. Right now, I'm in a hospital with my lady. She did a great job. I just wanted to say, she did a great job through the pregnancy and everything, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 14: And I'm super happy.
Speaker 10: Bro. Ain't no depression over here.
Speaker 13: Her.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm always here for her. Just just I travel all the way from New Jersey on the train on Wednesday, put my car on the train. So I'm fully invested right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stay here.
Speaker 3: You staying in Florida now, yes, sir, I'm living in Florida now.
Speaker 10: Got a baby to rays, you know what I mean. I gotta be there for her.
Speaker 14: Man, congratulation, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: But amv Also, what I'm noticing in Florida, there's a lot of talent down here in Tampa, Florida, and I just want to shout out one kid. His ego by the name of j Briscoe uh es.
Speaker 1: Check out this kid.
Speaker 10: Man is J b r I s Ko on spotifyre He has fifteen million stream one so called slow mode and six million stream for a letther something that's called power Man. That's invest in our youth man.
Speaker 3: All right, brother, thank you again?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 14: Who's this miss Patrick, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hey Patrick, good morning to get off your chest.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Envy. What's up, Charlamagne?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good?
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 14: I want to say thank you so much. I appreciate what you did for Waymaker offensially problem for who was part of the donation n Vietnam. I met m V a couple of times. One thing I wanted to say, man, is that I really appreciate you guys doing that. And I would love Charlemagne. Charlamagne, I'm going to be in Atlanta now and I will be there for your little thing you.
Speaker 17: Have going on.
Speaker 3: Little thing okay.
Speaker 4: The second annual Black Effect Podcast Festival happened in April twenty seven.
Speaker 14: Yes, absolutely, I'll definitely be there. I got my ticket in advanced and I definitely want to see you guys there.
Speaker 3: That's why I said little ting you guys. He said what.
Speaker 14: I called in September, and I said, yo, I would definitely call the Cookie and Charlomaine and Jess if you guys would love to do it, check me out online and see exactly what we do. I have a catering business plus a restaurants and I'm getting ready to open a second one in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Jess is very big enough to see.
Speaker 4: Jess is very picky, most pickiest eat I've ever met in my life, like a little like a little kid, like a little eight year.
Speaker 3: Old, give a chicken pick as the French fries.
Speaker 7: I will never no.
Speaker 14: Way better than that.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 14: It's more Gore main five course meals.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm good.
Speaker 7: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: What's your Instagram? You know, get his info. We're gonna be in Atlanta. He said, yeah, you said you're in Atlanta, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, from in Atlanta right now.
Speaker 14: I'm going to Atlanta right now.
Speaker 3: Get his info, Eddie in Atlanta. We're gonna put you a whole. But what's your Instagram so people can follow you?
Speaker 6: Brother g D Catering an event and so GD Catering and Events.
Speaker 3: Okay, brother g D Catering. Right, We're gonna put your whole. Don't hang out. I'm gonna look at this food.
Speaker 4: You see what's happening because we definitely gonna be in Atlanta in April twenty seventh, and we definitely like to eat.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five, just right, there. You only looked at one picture, just getting.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and there's three stacked tomatoes and tomato.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Yes we got just with the Best coming up.
Speaker 7: Yes we do.
Speaker 3: But we're talking about guys.
Speaker 7: They said, Drake is not really who he say he is NV.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, we'll get to the next. It's just with the Best, the Breakfast Local boardy the Breakfast Club Morning Everybody, it's j n V. Just hilarious, Cholamine the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jest with the best us.
Speaker 10: Just Robbin Moore.
Speaker 7: Just don't do the lines.
Speaker 13: Don't do.
Speaker 7: Nobody World?
Speaker 1: Why jes world?
Speaker 3: Which on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 12: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 18: Could get you to see.
Speaker 3: That's time to set it off.
Speaker 8: So the Beyonce effect is an effect like crazy all right. The Levi's stock jumped twenty percent posted by her song will post Malone. And I didn't even listen. I'm gonna be honest with you, I haven't even heard. I didn't even hear the song until two days ago, and then I saw this story.
Speaker 3: This is the song he.
Speaker 1: Jean calls all day.
Speaker 3: Levi's Jeans.
Speaker 8: Yes, they even changed their Instagram name to Levi with two Eyes, like you know, like the song because it's called Levi's Jene That's yeah, I love that. Yeah, but a twenty percent rise in their stock and uh, the new Levi's products like denim skirts also improved company sales, you know, and he'll funneled fact by Levi it's actually the company that invented denhim jeans. Didn't even know that, really, Yeah, y' ain't know that, you know, what, did you? Yeah, he'll know my feelings done.
Speaker 3: The original. I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: You thought it was Wrangler.
Speaker 3: He definitely think you think, especially from what's some gz wade about what.
Speaker 7: I do on the way from down there I'm talking about all right whatever and other news.
Speaker 8: Loyati allegedly referenced track surfaces for Drake's song Already everyone already knew he co wrote, all right, So look, they was basically saying that trying to expose Drake for him being acting like he is somebody that he not. I mean, I really don't feel like it's anything wrong with ghost writers, even for the best artists out there. I guess it's the rapid thing, a god thing, whatever. It doesn't really matter. But it was leaked that Loyati actually is one of the writers on the song. It's called jumbo Tron that's popping, uh her last something like that. This is the original reference number four.
Speaker 1: I just pulled takes hands.
Speaker 3: The whole hands said so much, the whole teck and co.
Speaker 6: To push.
Speaker 7: Okay, he didn't understand that one. And this is Drake's.
Speaker 10: An.
Speaker 3: She's finna take sayings riding around with f and now like the whole hands, he both was too shift. No, he adn't need a bed. Then they did to find of takeing a co red. If I tell this bitchu pulush, she gonna mopet it my dog. You don't smoke bumtion.
Speaker 10: That's it's unleaded on back and floor.
Speaker 8: And everybody was saying that it was like supposedly a secret, like they leaked the writer, but it's it's in the credits. It's not really that much of a secret. Although it is Loyotti's real name m McCullum. His name is Miles McCullum.
Speaker 1: And people keep leaking, uh you know the Drake reference tracks, don't nobody care ya. Yeah, but you know, I get it, I get what y'all trying to do. But this generation simply does not care.
Speaker 4: And Drake has never beaten the ghost riding allegations because you know, that's just something that they're gonna always put on him. He's too successful. When you that successful, they're gonna have to have something over you. And that's one thing folks gonna always say about him.
Speaker 1: Well, you know he don't write, though, right.
Speaker 3: Why does it?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying. Like I said to me, you know, why does it matter? But you know, I guess, But what does it matter to you?
Speaker 6: More?
Speaker 8: You think ogs or like you said, you said, it don't matter to this generation g rappers?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ers and rappers, I think, not just O g rappers. I think rappers, don't. I think when they go into this battle, when you're talking Kendrick and you're talking j Cole and you're talking Ross and you're talking to them, I mean, it's it is what it is, push your t Yeah, they want to see. But those are g rappers big uh forty plus Cole, Kendrick, They're not.
Speaker 4: They're different though, But I don't even think they really care like that j I mean, Kendrick could probably use it in a record, but cold clearly don't care because he still do records with Drake.
Speaker 3: I think that's the only quote unquote staining when it comes to Drake. When when they talk about the reference vocals and people write for him, he's never said anything about it, never talked to I had never said I used this line or we collaborated together. That's the only thing when it comes to Drake other than that the boy flawless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big sting what you're talking about. How much does he write though, that's what's saying he writes. Of course he writes, So how much does he write? And it had me thinking yesterday, right, would you want more rappers to do that? Because think about how long Drake's run has been. Think about how long somebody your favorite rappers run could have been if they probably would have gotten that type of assistance in the studio.
Speaker 4: Think about it, But this guy's been at a certain peak for ten plus years. People's runs be very, very very short. Maybe they need to get in the studio like these R and B singers do and these pops things and collaborate with people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, maybe, but Wayne.
Speaker 8: Let's talk about Wayne Wayne a long run when he wrote has that ever been proven that he had writers or he's he's always written for himself?
Speaker 1: Right, Well, Gilly said that he wrote for Wayne, you know what I mean. So I say it like that, But Gilly said he wrote for Wayne, and he said that, you know, Wayne allegedly had ghostwriters. But I'm just always wondering, like, did somebody write it was? Oh, we were in the studio collaborating like this line of sound. So that's why I said that staying is what, you know, what we would want to know.
Speaker 4: But and it does keep them out of certain conversations, right because I need to know if these raps, Saint Gews, I can't put you in these these top MC categories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can put you up here with the holes and the Jada kisses in the scar face.
Speaker 1: But then you look at somebody like oh, which is my favorite rapper, And you know he uses Biggie lyrics sometimes in a lot of his songs out, but he's using.
Speaker 3: Somebody else's lyrics, just using it's using somebody else's lyrics.
Speaker 1: It's not the same somebody write you a whole verse as opposed do.
Speaker 8: We know if somebody's writings broken down like that, because also on on the jumbo tron that's popping whatever that Loyotti is a writer on is listed with like six or seven other writers, so we don't know who wrote what or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, reduction and samples and all types of stuff too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's underwriters.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, Ky Sinnett reacts to tricking allegations and gets incredibly petty in the process. So that's why I said, Coysinette poored to Michael Jackson, right, So over the weekend, he has some allegations. This girl posted a photo online right saying that she slept with Kyle a few years ago, and then she posted a screenshot of some messages where Kyle allegedly sent her five thousand dollars. So Kyle was like, I didn't I didn't send her that. He denied it, and he showed us app will pay history and it was shown that that he didn't send a girl with five k The proof was allegedly from somebody. No, the alleged proof was from somebody else, but she just said Kyle did it. Now, Kyle took things further about purchasing her domain. Well, her name she got the only fans her name is Layla Red and he was talking about it.
Speaker 3: So Leyla, I had bought your domain.
Speaker 17: It means every time somebody types in Piera Rush, anytime somebody types in Leylo Red, the first website that they will click on is all the lies you've told me, or the crimes you've done, or the she just put yourself in to sup your life.
Speaker 3: So no, you're flake won't pop up first. No, no, like that won't pop up first.
Speaker 10: Oh no, no, no, no, the top.
Speaker 3: Okay, showing everything that you've done.
Speaker 18: Okay, and you made a mistake with me.
Speaker 7: You stop playing with these influences.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: I know how much I like that type of petty.
Speaker 7: I love that. And for him to be so young and to think to do something like that, I just commendable. I love it.
Speaker 1: I would have told the young man don't ever mention the young lady's name, because he gave that woman more publicity and promotion than she ever would have gotten.
Speaker 8: But he making so much money every time somebody search who she is. He making so much money over a five kl that she lied about a clown?
Speaker 3: What how did they make money? When the heaven. I'm I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: We got a call. But he is definitely gonna make a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's making money, but he's stopping her from making money.
Speaker 3: His whole life is content.
Speaker 1: So the more he talks about it, the more he screams and yelled like that, the more people follow him, the more money he makes. He don't care.
Speaker 4: Always, when the dog balked at the moon is nothing. When the moon balks back of the dog is news. I wouldn't have not known this, young lady. I would have known this situation happened if KA and talking.
Speaker 3: But the dog is only balking for two days because tomorrow be something else to talk about. This is just content for the brother.
Speaker 8: And stop saying that because I stole that quote from you, and I said it one day and somebody was like, oh, you're a genius for that, and.
Speaker 3: You just keep saying it the old quote. It's older than jis why that person.
Speaker 19: Didn't do that.
Speaker 3: They thought that I made it up.
Speaker 7: All right, Sorry, all right, that.
Speaker 3: Is just with the mess. All right, when we come back, we got front page news. We'll give you the details. It's the breakfast lug Gole Morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody's tj Envy, Jesse, Larry Charlamagne, the guy.
Speaker 5: Let's get let's get some front page.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ. Last night was the w n B A draft, so we got a Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 1: She was number one, Cameron Brink Brink was number two, Camilla card was number three.
Speaker 3: Uh, Rakia Jackson was four, j C. Sheldon was five, and Angel Reese was number seven.
Speaker 4: I am looking forward to that Angel Reese, Camilla Cardoso team up in Chicago, Twin Towers, Camilla Plans then Angel Reefs playing power for it. Uh, Caitlyn Clark LEO Boston in Indiana. That's gonna be exciting as well.
Speaker 1: That's right, Yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna it's gonna be some fun in the WNB. I think they're gonna change the WNBA a lot.
Speaker 4: And so to the young lady Kate Martin from Iowa, Man, that was a very cool moment. She went there, she was dead with her teammates just to support Kaitlyn Clark and ended up getting drafted by the last Veggas Aces. And that's the defending world champion Las Vegas aces Rudy Giuliani. Now he loses bid to disciss his one hundred and forty eight million defamation lawsuit. If you don't know, a mother and daughter were accused by Giuliani of committing election fraud.
Speaker 20: Complain The US Sister Judge has denied Rudy Giuliani's motion to appeal his defamation case and the one hundred and forty eight million dollars in damage that he must pay to two former Georgia election workers.
Speaker 19: Judge issue that order earlier today in the nation's capital. Back in December, you'll remember a jury awarded that settlement to Shay Moss and her mother, Ruby Freeman. The two women said they received a barrage of racist and graphic threats after they became the targets of a false conspiracy pushed by Juliani and other Trump allies. But Juliani has maintained he did nothing wrong. And then a video posted on social media, Giuliani said he would keep speaking out if it meant losing all his money or ending up in jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he's going to have to figure out how to pay that one hundred and forty eight million dollar defamation judgment against those two women, and that is front page news. All right. Now, when we come back, DRAWD Carmichael will be joining us, coming in fresh off.
Speaker 3: With Donkey of Today.
Speaker 4: I love when somebody gets Donkey of to day and then they come in here to have a conversation about it. As draw Carmichael had the reality show called Carmichael's Reality Show on HBO.
Speaker 1: All right, and we'll get to that next thing that you probably see the trailer. You have some toes in his mouth. He's sucking sucking some toes on on the trailer in the first couple of episodes too, his random toes. Actually, yes, he was getting these guys off grind it. We'll talk about it when.
Speaker 3: We come back. It's the Breakfast Level.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning. Everybody is DJ en Vy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building. Yes, indeed we have called Michael. Okay, I'll be doing your voice on the shower more than everybody. It's DJ thinks about you and these naked Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: You know what.
Speaker 2: Let's lean into all the games. Like sometimes when I'm naked, I think about DJA.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, happy to see you. Happy to see you, bro.
Speaker 1: So I'm always happy when people come right after donkey of today.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, let me tell you something. I was responding to you, like Monique, like I was in my house just pasting around, just be like Leon.
Speaker 3: Your mother said about giving me No.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about that. So it's a couple of things I want to make clear about that. So Charlamagne gave you donkey to day, you report it on you. You played a clip of my stand up, but it started at the punchline, and it like completely erased the setup of it.
Speaker 3: And I really don't like that.
Speaker 2: It made it seem like I was talking like I'm into some type of race sexual slavery role play with my boyfriend, which is untrue. It's so false. And I expect that type of thing from TMZ because they have no humanity. They don't care about the people that get hurt when they report these sort of things. But your friend, so I really didn't like that, Like, like I know, you repeated it in a Neil interview. I didn't like that that that was very very unfair. It was a joke but yeah, but I need you to watch the show. Anybody who watches the show, it's not what I said. It's so false, it's so untrue. And I don't like that because it's like, no, well, we'll get into that later. It has nothing to do with my boyfriend. It has nothing like the sex that we have, has nothing to do with sex. It's something like people have been reporting on and I really really don't like it. It's about my boyfriend reading so much he makes me feel insecure about my level of reading. And look, I get it, like it's something that people have been running with because one because I have a white boyfriend, so like people like try and create some type of crazy story out of that. And it's a small group of people really like I read all the tweets and it's like some gay black men and some klu Klux clan members who don't like that I have a white boyfriend. They agree on that, so congratulations, like the Klan and doctor Lumara and some people find some common ground on that.
Speaker 3: But he's a human being. He deserves respect. I deserve respect.
Speaker 2: I don't appreciate things being misreported or like said about them in that way.
Speaker 3: It's completely false. So I don't like that. I just want to make that clear that that it's not something.
Speaker 2: I know you were just reading the news, but like you're a friend, and I want you to like actually have nuance with these stories, Like people can get hurt. They're actually real lives at sake with the things that you say, and look, come after me, that's fine, but don't come after like my my boyfriend boyfriend. Well, I'm saying when that's in the headline and that's reported like and then misreported like oh he's into race slave play with his white boyfriend, I don't like the headline because it's false.
Speaker 3: It's not true at all. Now on to Dave Chappelle. No, I want to stay to the joke, though in context the joke still not a good joke.
Speaker 4: That's on you for me for a while, I got I got some because you're still saying you're a slave.
Speaker 2: Your slave master is teaching the slave to read. You know, listen, I'm talking about my own personal insecurity. I'm an educated person. I'm usually the smartest person in the room. He reads so much it makes me feel like, oh do I even know how to read? That joke works if I had a black boyfriend. My boyfriend was black.
Speaker 1: That joke actually works better if I had a white and you the slave, and the white person is the slave. Listen, if you and you're from North Carolina, well you know the first anti literacy laws were created in North and Stode Calne. You are sure, sure, but that's not my roles comedian and started getting into like like literacy laws and stuff like that. You've completely lost that I evoked provocative imagery sometimes in my jokes. Some people are very sensitive to that. That's your right. You don't have to laugh at that. You could like hear the word slavery and completely shut off. That's completely fine, But don't misconstrue what I said and don't like make it into something that is not, because that's where I start to get offended that the statement, like you said it like multiple times on the show, like, oh, he's into slave role play with his white boyfriend.
Speaker 3: That's untrue, I think, said Charlemagne. That is not the joke.
Speaker 2: The joke's about me reading the jokes about my insecurity, about like not being as well read when I be in bed next to him, and he's when I'm in bed next to him, and he's like on his third novel of the month. I'll be watching breakfast club interviews and I feel like, oh, I do I should read more.
Speaker 1: That's what the joke is.
Speaker 2: The joke has nothing to do with sex, has nothing to do with the type of sex that we have, and that's just absolutely false, but still not a good joke when you're black.
Speaker 3: And hey, listen, that's on you. It's on you.
Speaker 2: You do stand up and you figure it out for me, the crowds laugh whatever. I'll say this about if the crowd is the majority white, are they laughing with you?
Speaker 1: Are at you?
Speaker 3: You know, it's fine. I'm actually I'm actually shocked.
Speaker 2: It's like a pretty decent amount of black people coming out to see you. I really appreciate y'all for coming out. I want y'all to keep coming out too. I like the seeing it really, especially black women are like in the crowd, they've been like talking to me. They seem invested in my life and it makes me feel really really special. So I really like that and I appreciate that. Now I want to move on to the Dave Chappelle portion of it, because I've heard you comment on that too. I deeply regret ever saying anything about Dave Chappelle to the press. I want to say that I'm sorry for that, because one, I'm a huge Dave Chappelle, Dave Chappelle fan. I love Dave like I think he's brilliant. I think he's a bright light in a dying industry. I think he's more important now than ever before because like comedians are now just posting lips of him doing crowd work online and calling at art and it's not urt. Dave Chappelle is an artist. He's one of the few artists that we have, and I care deeply about the work that he makes. With that said, the criticism that I had had nothing to do with the morality of the joke, had nothing to do with the ethics of the joke. That's something that's also been misreported. The criticism I had was that of a fan, someone who respects him so much that I want him to focus his genius on a wide range of topics. I think that like it started, but it started being really really focused on one thing. Well, I'll say this, Look, that's like I'm saying that about the slave yer. I'll say I'll say this, I'm also a big fan of jay Z. If jay Z made three albums about trans people, I'd be like, Hey, what's going on with jay?
Speaker 4: But Jaz made three albums, more than three albums about selling drugs. You just don't put him in that. Uh you don't pigeonhole them with debt.
Speaker 1: No they jay Z.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I would love to get into a jay Z argument. Jay Z was very personal, very emotional. He always evolved. Four four four was in credible because it showed growth and evolution and something you've never seen before. And rapp and that's a thing. But comedy too, Comedy doesn't grow. Comedy doesn't evolve. It's it's kind of stunted like rap, and like we just started getting like real braggadocious, like antagonistic with the crowd, and it can evolve, like and we need smart people like Dave, like Chris Rop like myself to actually evolve the art form because it is dying. It's so so important for people to go up and do deep personal stories or have a deep perspective about things going on in the world because it's not happening you see it online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, all I'm saying is, and because I've talked about Dave a lot, I don't want to talk about Dave anymore. I honestly I called him an eagle manac. I'm a ego maniac. I'm here to talk about me. I have a show that I want to talk about, talk about. Yeah, yeah, I know, Dave. You know, And I'll tell you honestly, from now on, any thoughts I have for Dave will be directed in a phone call to Dave. I'll never do it again. I'll never I do apologize for that man enough to say that that is wrong. I don't I don't need it. I don't want the attention. It's going on way too long. I don't want it at all. I'm here to talk about me, about myself, Charlaman.
Speaker 1: He said he was upset because he considered you guys friends, and then you went off the rail without having a conversation.
Speaker 3: Did you watch the show?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 2: I texted you last night. Did you watch the show? You've been watching it? Did you watch the next episode?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: I watched the first three. You're gonna love the next episode.
Speaker 3: So respond to what he said, because you know he considered you guys friends and my friend. I want you to apologize.
Speaker 1: But if you feel the way I think that Charlamage, you should apologize him as well.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like I want to apologize.
Speaker 10: Don't you.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Person.
Speaker 4: Would you want me to give you one of these half assed both the industry. But I don't feel like I need to apologize. I think I made myself clear. I have no need for an apology if it and I'm like, you know what, that was wrong?
Speaker 2: But in the moment, well, I'll wait for that when I'm in the shower thinking about DJ and I'm okay, I know that's all right.
Speaker 3: We got more with comedian Gerrol called Michael when we come back, So don't move. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody is DJ, Envy, Jess Hilariyan, Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club is still kicking it with comedian Gerraw called Michael. Now, you also talk about black women being super supportive when you first came out, but also being mad at you at the same time.
Speaker 2: Oh, because I got a white boyfriend. Yeah, you know, it's it's funny. They they met my boyfriend, they love him like my boyfriend. My boyfriend is actually he's so real. That's part of the reason, like that any lie about him makes me upset because he's so He's so real. My homegirl ivery loves Mike. Mike doesn't engage in small talk.
Speaker 3: That's the thing that I.
Speaker 2: Actually am trying to learn because like my next book, why small talk Sucks? There we go, you got to meet my boyfriend, and like he doesn't do it at all. You talk to him about the weather, He'll just be quiet. And I'm trying to learn that, Like I'd be out in the world just lying to people just like, oh, no, good shirt, just like I have a lot of good shirt conversations all it's all.
Speaker 3: I got to stop doing that.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 3: How does he feel because you talk about your life on the reality show?
Speaker 1: How does you feel when you talk about your sexcapage or even your conversation with Tyler to createor how does it make him feel?
Speaker 3: Funny? Do you have conversation before? Yeah, he knows all of it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's funny because I started shooting the reality show and then our relationship began, so he like he came in at a time when I'm dealing with a lot of things and the show is just about me, like me trying to explore all these deep things about myself and being in therapy, trying to work through problems like I'm exposing. It's the most vulnerable show of all time. Like you've never seen a show more vulnerable than this.
Speaker 7: Did he make you more comfortable with that?
Speaker 2: He makes me more uncomfortable in life. I think I'm a better person because my boyfriend. I feel so much calmer now. Like I'm a person that had a lot of anxiety, and you could see it even in the first episode. You could see like it's me trying to get all my anxiety out. I think that's why the audience feels that way. They feel a little awkward, because that's that's how I felt. I think it transmutes into the art form. I was somebody that was just like constantly scared, constantly nervous, afraid of how I would be perceived, afraid of like you know, like coming in masculine environments as a gay man, Like just terrified all the time, afraid of the kind of sex I was having.
Speaker 17: I was.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about that because people have been talking about like I put like a foot in my mouth in the in the first episode. People people you know, and I want to I also want to set the record straight. He was Guatemalan. People say it's white toes. He was Guatemalan. Maybe that doesn't matter to some people, but it's like I to I've had some black feet in my mouth too. I was afraid of the type of sex I was having. I thought it was dirty and so wrong. And people gay, straight, whatever, have a lot of sexual shame. They're afraid of things. So I was doing things like on camera to liberate myself, Like it was important for me to like eradicate that shame, Like, oh, I put a foot, I put a foot.
Speaker 1: In my mouth for y'all.
Speaker 4: A lot of people don't think you're really gatto, and they think that you just put the foot in your mouth to kind of prove that you get in.
Speaker 3: Theyre like, is really gay camp?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, only fans coming soon.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of silly things. There are people who get that news from Twitter.
Speaker 1: They're crazy.
Speaker 3: I mean, what did you meet your boyfriend? What did you mean? How did you we met through a mutual friend?
Speaker 2: We met years ago in la and then and we started dating it's been a year and a half now, so I.
Speaker 8: Wanted to ask you about you and Tyler because y'all are actually really friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Yeah?
Speaker 7: Was that like for fun or did you really really have romantic feelings for Tyler?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I did.
Speaker 2: I was in turmoil over that for a year, and that's a hard thing to deal with of course. Is like I've seen people online talk about as awkward as cringe. Yet, yeah, having feelings for your best friend is very awkward, very very cringe. I'm thankful that he did it because I've never seen a conversation like that played out on television or in any space, and I thought it was really really important.
Speaker 3: I've never, like, I've never.
Speaker 2: Seen like a black man expressed feelings for another black man like that ever before. And I'm trying to make art that I wish I had seen as a kid. I'm trying to make things and put things out there that I needed, and so it was really important. I thought it was a really important conversation. I'm so thankful to Tyler for doing it.
Speaker 8: Because his hurts you because when he said he called you stupid, like he laughed about it, Did that really hurt your feelings?
Speaker 7: Or it's just like, oh, because I getting called stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's just stupid, I know.
Speaker 8: But I called my best friend, so it was just like, okay, the best friends. They cool, But it really did hurt. Did you see what he said, coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was watching it. I stayed up late for that too. I made a sandwich. I was up at three in the morning, so I thought it was funny. I doesn't feel about that he's stay up late to watch Tyler.
Speaker 3: I was on FaceTime of him.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, he's emotionally evolved. I'm the one that's trying to catch up. He's he's great.
Speaker 1: He's one of the he said, you're trying to I bet y'all saw my best friend camp. But I thought it was funny. That was funny. What's your relationship now, y'all cool? After the conversations he's making jokes about it were cool. Yeah, we moved on, like I have definitely moved on.
Speaker 2: It was a very, very tough moment in my life, and I have nothing but gratitude for him for doing that on camera as wild right, But.
Speaker 3: It was hard off camera. That was a difficult thing to deal with. Off camera, it was a whole year because that friend, Yeah, yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I was on music Soul Child have crazy mode for ye why not reach out to him during that year?
Speaker 3: He called me a stupid Charlaine. Did you watch the show? Thank you?
Speaker 4: But that's your friend, somebody you love and careful. What I was thinking was like, well, why would he let a whole year go by? Why would either wanted him let a whole year?
Speaker 3: Well, it's very So that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's very easy for things to like just fall back into the elephant in the room, like, Okay, we're not going to talk about it if we just go to breakfast. Like I have that same relationship with my parents where it's like, oh, there are things that we don't really want to talk about, so we don't and we gauge and small talk we talk about everything else and and and that's what the show was. The show was an excuse to have a difficult conversation that I'd otherwise be afraid to have.
Speaker 3: How did your mom?
Speaker 1: How do you think black women in general will feel about you referring to your mother as a.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's been the family been, the family been having. They got a group chat without me you should talking about that. You know, it's funny that that I actually didn't consider that like when I said it, And maybe that's me being inconsiderate and maybe there is some like latent hurt that is uh coming out when I when I say that, I actually wasn't saying I love my mother. I have a deep respect from my mother. I say it kind of casually, kind of gay, like just on stage, your mom, I said, just nonchalantly, just but I called people all the time. You know, listen, you can call your daddy with your mom.
Speaker 7: But you didn't gonna get mad at all for a year because he said, sid.
Speaker 3: Well, it wasn't it was the emotion. Yeah, it wasn't. It wasn't just that.
Speaker 2: It was that that was all these ds. But no, with my mom, now that's something that we talked about. I would rather focus on the emotion behind it. It's like it's easy to get hung up on it. Actually get really really angry at my family when they start talking about like, you know, my dad calls He's like, I don't like that you call your mom a I'm like, that's the worst thing we've done to my mother.
Speaker 3: Like I think I think as a family. We've done worse.
Speaker 7: So more so, why did you call her?
Speaker 21: Well?
Speaker 1: Why am I hurt? Yeah? Why?
Speaker 10: Why?
Speaker 2: What's the cause of the hurt? Like you know, like I feel rejected by my creator. That's a difficult thing to live with. Like you know, I'm not the only person that's living with like some issues with their parents, with their mom or you just you don't see eye to eye and it makes you feel bad about yourself. That's how I feel. And that's a really really hard thing to live with. And I'm trying to make art and trying to make sense of all of it, but it's really tough.
Speaker 3: I will keep it.
Speaker 1: Like we have more with Comediansjira Carmichael when we come back. It's the breakfast Club. Good Morning, holding Everybody's DJ and just hilarious. Charlamage the god we are to breakfast club called Michael Sue here.
Speaker 3: Charlamagne, what would you.
Speaker 1: Say to people who would say your mom is homophobic? But when I look at it, I say, no, she's very religious, so I think she's looking at it through the religious of religion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And I think that at some point you have to think about how you got to the place that you are I had a really good conversation with my mom about even her finding religion and needing religion, about the hurt, the disappointment in her life from her dad and from other people in her life that led her to needing God as much as she does and depending on God as much she does. And we were having a really really good conversation that my dad woke up and interrupted. It was so yeah, yeah, but you know, you have to explore your life. You got to explore the reasons why, because you can hurt people, like I know, like people call it faith whatever, but they are human beings, and like your opinion, my mother's opinion of me matters so much.
Speaker 7: What made you want to do it now?
Speaker 2: Well, because after I came out, I realized that there are other things I needed to come out about. I think everybody's in a closet about something, and I was in a closet. It was more than just being gay. It was about of the feelings that I have. I was in a closet about sex, addiction, or how I am as a friend or all these things. Like just like I was a closeted person. I was holding everything inside and the show was an outlet for me, I'm an artist and I use art as a means of expression and as a means to heal, and so the show just felt like a natural. I was doing all these shows, I was doing stand up, and stand up started being kind of a form of therapy. It was like a reassociated therapy that I would just go up and I would talk about a problem that I have, a deep personal problem that I have. The response from the audience started being better. That's what I mean, Like people coming to the shows, like, like the heckles that I get as a comedian are so thoughtful, Like no comedian gets like the thought like people turn into therapist in in.
Speaker 7: The crowd audience.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I watched that and I was like, those heckles aren't real the audiences. No, No, Like people are smart. I believe that. I believe that, Like Twitter isn't just the that's not what the world is.
Speaker 12: Like.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, sometimes I search your name to make me feel better about myself. What they said about Charlemagne.
Speaker 1: I hate.
Speaker 2: No, But the heckles that I get are thoughtful responses because you open yourself up and people open themselves up, like like they they respond in kind, and so I'm glad you're a good friend to your friends who are expressing themselves to you. How did you deal with the sex edition?
Speaker 3: Sex edition? I'm still he's dealing with it.
Speaker 7: Still, he's trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: I'm getting my candle showed you you just be on grind before your boyfriend was on grind.
Speaker 7: That was that was that had to be before your boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Before my boyfriend. And you know, but yeah, sex sex, it's just something else.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 3: You gotta keep watching the show.
Speaker 4: You had a good explanation, though, you said, because you waited so long to come out. Yeah, so now you feel like a seventeen year old. Yeah, yeah, having making up, making.
Speaker 2: Up for lost time, like just like yeah, they're they're like my emotional maturity level was a bit delayed. That's it's a little embarrassing to admit, but true. But even that, I do think there are certain aspects of my personality that I inherit from my father. I've been reading about that a lot, just like being you know, you you learn how to be a man from your dad, and I learned he he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Get mad because hes gonna watch this always throwing me under the bus.
Speaker 2: But it's just true, like it's something you learn therapy that like, I hope this is how you model yourself as a man. And so yeah, I looked to sex as a form of validation for my manlihood, like to make me feel like a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did this show doing for you?
Speaker 1: That therapy?
Speaker 2: Can't been using it as a form of therapy because therapy is exploring yourself and exploring on your past, but it's not necessarily confrontation. I still needed a tool to be confident enough to have a conversation with my dad that I'd be terrified having otherwise, Like you know, if I'm home in North Carolina, I'm just like, you know, smiling, being a good son, being the son that they want me to be. And I'm not saying the real things, asking the real questions when the camera's on. I've become like a journalist for my own life, like no, no, no, what's that you said?
Speaker 1: Ninety eight?
Speaker 3: You know, I get real real like but but but without the cameras, I'm afraid you do show how much of a friend you are too. Yeah, no, you did, pool was foul?
Speaker 10: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Can I tell your show you can't be a best man in a wedding and show an hour late. Yeah to the wedding, it's not your wedding, and then compare it to jury duty? Why?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: Look when is it hard?
Speaker 2: Because I'm a performer, and so I look at weddings as a show, like, all right, what is the show that we're going to like? But but I I love Pool and you know, I actually got to ahead and we've been talking a lot. I hope that he liked the episode. Like he's a very sweet, thoughtful friend and inspired me so much, and so I know I was a bad friend. Again, it's hard exposed like the show, I'm like the villain of my own show. I'm Eric Kane of my own show. Like I'm like people are like, because I'm exposed, I'm exposing myself in a real way, like the Like some of the worst parts of myself I'm putting out there, unedited, just like letting it, let in the world see and judge and criticize. But I feel bad for that, Like I felt bad an episode of It's something I'm deeply apologetic for. I'm learning. I'm still growing. I'm learning to not be as selfish. Sure, that's a means of self protection. Like I'm selfish because I'm scared and I'm learning not be as afraid.
Speaker 4: And the other thing you say on the show is being honest is cool until you have a reason to lie. Yeah, let me say, it's hard to tell the truth the people you love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you not feel that way? Do you not feel that way? Sometimes?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the consequences of hurt him, the stakes are so high.
Speaker 3: I say that to my mom.
Speaker 2: I'm like, like, sometime I'm talking to my mom, I'm like, hey, be careful what you say to me, because I'll remember for the rest of my life every word that she says.
Speaker 1: It's so yeah, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Is Michael an industry plant? Am I an industry plant?
Speaker 1: Plant?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I wish the Illuminati was real. I wish that I could be a plant. I'd signed up in a heartbeat. No, I actually, unfortunately, I had to work hard to get where I am. I had to like like think and expose. I'm exposing so much of my life. I've worked very, very hard to get where I am. But yeah, if I could get.
Speaker 3: To the top, want you because you want to do it?
Speaker 1: I'm saying that I'm saying as a joke.
Speaker 2: I'm saying as like like like like I because Lourell was defending you on Club, you know, you know the funny thing too, like if I may now sound like a rapper, but like like a lot of these comedians who like criticized me, is like no, no, Like before I came out, coming out was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. I was like afraid. I also, I had multiple specials. I had a sitcom on NBC that ran for three three seasons. I had and I was faking. I was getting other people shows like I was. I was more successful than them.
Speaker 3: Straight. So then to pretend that like, oh, like he came out, like that's silly, That's silly.
Speaker 1: I don't even entertain that. I want to ask because you just mentioned something. You said that you had all this great stuff going on before you came out.
Speaker 4: So do you feel like coming out as gay is taking away the focus on on everything you've done in your career?
Speaker 3: Show still exists streaming on Who I Google you? What's gonna come up to say what you said? If you google Dave? It's all transgender stuff.
Speaker 1: I talked about.
Speaker 3: Watch the show. I hope people watch the show, like if you if you see the show, you'll see the truth.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm confident in that, Like you know, I think this, Like up top, I was just upset because something untrue was I say enough true things to talk about, Like I don't need any lies. I don't need any of that. But yeah, I'm I'm making art about my life and and I'm really proud of it. I hope people watch the show.
Speaker 3: I think the show is funny, kind of funny, funny like man, y'all so straight, so it's just Paul's funny. Like Jesus Christ, you are so strength.
Speaker 9: Congratulations Jesus, come on Michael, ladies and brought you a candle.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, and you can check out the reality show Fridays on HBO Max. Thank you brother for Jordan's thanks for having me very much.
Speaker 4: Number one record in the country for three weeks in a row, driving the clude bombs of Future Metro and Kendrid Kendrick, You're still on the clock because Drake replied directly to that Bird would push up you on the.
Speaker 1: Clock, baby, not a pip squeaked. I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I don't like to show shame it either. Well little people over here, all right, well let's get to Jess with the.
Speaker 20: Mehens is reals, just Corrobbor Moore just don't do no lines, don't do that talk.
Speaker 3: Nobody talk. Roy j worldwide matters.
Speaker 1: On the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 3: He's the coaching shit.
Speaker 12: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 6: This time to set it off.
Speaker 7: So Rudy Gobert reflects on that. I say, I write Gobert.
Speaker 3: Gobert, I'm really really killing us.
Speaker 8: So for those who don't know, he's a basketball player. He plays put in Minnesota Timberwolves. He wrote an essay for the players tributing about experience and racism from close family members. So for some bad story, his mother, who was white, met his father, who was black, while he was playing professional football, I mean professional basketball in France.
Speaker 7: His dad returned to the Caribbean when Ruby was only two years old.
Speaker 8: When Rudy was only two years old, he talked about a conversation between his mother and certain family members who didn't welcome Rudy because he was black. So he couldn't go to certain family gatherings around the holidays and stuff like that, like the big Christmas dinner at a certain family member's house. They told his mother, we don't want that baby in our house, like around our family or anything like that. Yeah, he said that his mom was devastated, and the two of them just ended up spending holidays together. Rudy says it was a painful memory, but one that he needed to share, and he also says that from that moment on, his mother became his protector and provider and motivation.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 7: That's such an interesting story.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Now he's making two undred and five million dollars for five years and everybody loves Rudy.
Speaker 3: Is Rudy? Why is it Rudy coming for the holiday?
Speaker 2: Down?
Speaker 3: Let me fix your plate, Rudy. They let a little biracial man.
Speaker 7: Ain't that crazy?
Speaker 3: He was a biracial baby. They didn't life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, just a little baby, a rich grow man.
Speaker 3: Why do people give biracial kids or biracial adults such a hard time?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Whether it was tell us I'm not biracial.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, that's about him. Both my parents are black, so sir. But like, if you look at a Barack Obomb or j Cole or Dree or whatever. That's the first thing that they go to lunch. That's the first thing they go to because every now and in that whiteness come out of That's all he reminds us.
Speaker 8: Saying, but that's the problem what they are too like you can't say.
Speaker 3: That that is true, but you can't pick that you was going to be a camp. Oh my gosh, who is I'm just saying.
Speaker 8: Anyway, Anyway, Gonna announces his new album, One of One. Okay, I'm really really happy for this because Gonna makes some dope music. He does always always have, and you know hopefully he always will. A month before its upcoming Bitter Tour Suite, He's announced his fifth album Now. He released the cover art, but he didn't release the date. And in more Gunner News, he sat down with Double Xel to talk about his relationship with Young Thug and all the snitching allegations. This is his first interview since being released from jail. Since he've been in jail or whatever. As you may know, Gonna face legal troubles in twenty twenty two and Young thugs Ysel case. After spending only seven months in jail, Gunna was released in December twenty twenty two with the Plea deal, so he entered an alt Ford plea. Many of his peers considered the Outpha plea to be snitching. Ghanna was then asked about his relationship with Young Thug and he said, it's the same.
Speaker 7: It's love always. Our relationship is our relationship.
Speaker 8: And when asked about rappers including themselves in it, like Little Dirk twenty one Savage a little baby, alluding to him snitching, he said, none of them are part of the case and don't know legally what's going on.
Speaker 7: So basically, like mind everybody business basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Folks were so quick to pick a side.
Speaker 1: Well, you haven't heard anything from Thug and didn't they just say Gunno will not be toughifying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, They tell the situation he won't testifying, yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: So and then for another story, this is a little heavy, but North Carolina man is killed by carjacker after he tried to shoot him at point blank range four times.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 13: The video that's gone a lot of attention on social medium shows two NCDOT employees acting as Good Samaritans intervened to stop the carjacking where told the man in the yellow vest is thirty eight year old Jonathan Lecompte. Investigators say when Comped attempted to stop twenty eight year old Ricky Driggers from carjacking another vehicle, Driggers jumped into la Comp's Dot vehicle. You can hear la Comp fire several point blain gunshots at Driggers before he put the truck in reverse and backed away. That's when la Comp was hit and later died at the hospital. Driggers was arrested a short time later after he wrecked the stolen vehicle on Selma Road near Highway forty one.
Speaker 3: That vide was crazy.
Speaker 7: I seen the video I saw yesterday.
Speaker 3: You see the video.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is crazy. He he shot him up so close though, like and still missed. But that's the thing.
Speaker 8: I wonder if his truck was bulletproof the window, because like it seemed like he still was shooting after the guy closed the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if you didn't see the video. First of all, I didn't know Dot carries a gun on.
Speaker 6: Him like that.
Speaker 3: That was crazy.
Speaker 7: That wasn't no little pistol.
Speaker 3: But yeah, he was shooting at the guy as the guy was walking in the car.
Speaker 1: And that's why sometimes you have to understand the story because when I first seen it, I didn't know what the hell was going on. So he was shooting at the guy that got backed up, and that I guess. He put his gun back in his pocket and started walking away. Didn't even pay the guy any attention.
Speaker 8: But you hear in the video he said he's gonna drive up, He's gonna drive up, and then he runs in the path where the guy was driving and then he hit him.
Speaker 7: And you said how he went up in the air.
Speaker 8: No, he was definitely not gonna make it, so yeah, definitely said And this happened last month actually in Lumberton, North Carolina.
Speaker 3: I think it was. Was there a ply on on that vehicle. It was on in front of that vehicle, YEP, And he was.
Speaker 8: Trying to steal somebody else's truck at first, and then the guy who the dlt the guy he was trying to help, and then the guy jumped in his truck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 7: No, it is not man. So yeah, prayers up to his family that is dress with the mess for the second hour.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jess Charlamaye, don't hear to day.
Speaker 13: We gave it.
Speaker 4: Lakeisha Woods Williams of Texas. We need to she needs to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a world with her.
Speaker 1: Sometimes in life you really have to ask what you can afford to do, and what you can afford to do is not always financial.
Speaker 3: We'll discuss all right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club. Good morning, wake, you're like to enter the breakfast club. Your execution from the Donkey of the Day is something.
Speaker 6: To go for you to read.
Speaker 7: They gave me donkey other day and I deserve that.
Speaker 3: You need to know.
Speaker 7: You need to tell them. I am you have the boys tell.
Speaker 3: Them it's time for Donkey of the Day. It's a read.
Speaker 1: But you're so good at Charlomagne.
Speaker 11: Alady wants charlomage.
Speaker 3: I don't know, damn slomame.
Speaker 7: Who do your giving dusky other day too?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: Yes, Donkey to Day for Tuesday, April sixteenth goes to twenty nine year old Lakeisha Woods Williams of Texas.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Lakeisha was hit with two charges of child endangerment last Thursday after police officers found her eight year old and six year old child alone in their high rise apartment complex.
Speaker 3: Now, I know we've heard these stories before.
Speaker 1: Parents leave their kids home alone so they can go to work, sometimes the club, sometimes to the grocery.
Speaker 4: Store real quick. But Lakeisha, oh, she had bigger plans. See Lakeisha didn't leave for a couple of hours. No, Lakeisha decided she needed to be gone for nearly a week. What would cause the woman to leave her kids for nearly a week? Let's go to ABC thirteen.
Speaker 1: I was his news.
Speaker 18: Williams.
Speaker 15: Williams is accused of leaving her six year old daughter and eight year old son home alone at their luxury high rise in the Memorial City area while she flew to Florida and bordered a cruise to Puerto Rico. Both juveniles held officers that they had been left alone since April fourth. The young children were said to be left alone to fend for themselves for at least five days, and told deputies they didn't know when their mother was coming home. The Preestinct five Constable's office responded to William's apartment for a welfare check on Tuesday and noted that the apartment was in a state of disarray. They say it smelled like urine and said it was obvious the children had tried to make themselves meals. Court records say police found a phone and a camera that she was using to communicate with the children while she was gone. When deputies tried to contact Williams, they say she was not cooperative and changed her story about where she was. She was rested Thursday evening.
Speaker 4: Don't matter where you were, like you was going away from the kids for a week. Okay, why did this remind me of Jay and styling?
Speaker 10: Bob?
Speaker 3: Remember that?
Speaker 20: What the hell?
Speaker 3: Excuse me? Who's watching these babies? Fat one's watching the little one?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Nice parent, Lakeisha, after parent. We all want a vacation from our kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, you take My wife and I don't take vacations, but we just go and get away from the kids for a while. Yes, the difference is we have babysitters and nannies and grandparents adult supervision.
Speaker 3: Imagine planning a vacation.
Speaker 1: Okay, you packing, You're getting your head done some nice protective style like con roles or full locks or Cinegalese twist.
Speaker 7: That's what they call, right, Jess, I don't know Senegalese was.
Speaker 3: What protective style you'll be getting full locks.
Speaker 7: I don't know Senegalese.
Speaker 1: She said, you know, okay, okay, you get you some nice little outfits, some pretty little things. She fashion over right, Jess, Yeah, boy, rainbow maybe rainbow. You go get you a manicure, headicure, You get you a wax. You're doing all the things to go on vacation. Meanwhile, you're just planning to leave your eight and six year old at home.
Speaker 21: Now.
Speaker 1: I know people can't afford proper child care. I get it, But if you can't afford the vacation and for someone to watch your kids, then maybe you can't afford to go on vacation.
Speaker 3: Why don't people think like that?
Speaker 1: Forget, if you can afford the cruise, can you afford to leave this eight and six year old home alone for a week?
Speaker 4: Dan says, no, okay. This woman was communicating with the kids via a camera in the apartment and be a text message to the eight year old.
Speaker 1: This whole situation is a prime example of Grandma no longer being in our lives. Where is Big Mama? Okay, where is Grandma? Where is Grandma? Nowadays?
Speaker 4: Grandma might have been on the cruise with her because grandma forty nine and the daughter twenty nine, and.
Speaker 3: Both of them working on Facebook the sexy.
Speaker 4: Rad Now both kids would checked by paramedics as well as child protective Services, and they've both have been removed from the apartment.
Speaker 3: And guess what now they are in care of their aunt.
Speaker 1: If they have an aunt that they can be in care of now, then why the hell weren't theyn care of the aunt while you was on the cruise.
Speaker 3: Maybe the aunt was there too, Maybe then.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't give him to the hunting right, Well, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: The fact that we can't make sense of any of this is exactly why we must give Lakeisha the credit she deserves being stupid. So please let Remy mar give Lakeisha Wood Williams the biggest he haw.
Speaker 3: He haw he ha.
Speaker 7: You stupid mother fuck?
Speaker 3: Are you dumb?
Speaker 1: You had a little time? I want to play a game? Sure he ain't playing game in a while, sulright, would you like to play a game?
Speaker 10: Up?
Speaker 3: Guess what races?
Speaker 1: Lakisha Woods Williams of Texas.
Speaker 7: Williams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lakeisha Woods Williams of Texas. Let her eight and six year old go, Let her eight and six year old stay home alone while she went on a cruise.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yes, what is.
Speaker 3: Why do y'all think that? Why do y'all say that's so confidently?
Speaker 7: Lakeisha Woods Williams.
Speaker 17: Like, what.
Speaker 4: What did you talk about? Or the lau Keisha are the two last names Woods Williams, It's both.
Speaker 7: It's Lakeisha Woods Williams.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of a white Lakeisha, or Asian Lakeisha or a Latina Lakeisha. Yeah, that's what you'rell about to be surprised.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: No, better, not y'all about to be better?
Speaker 1: Not we should say by Rachel Well. Lakeisha Woods Williams just hilarious. And dj Envy is absolutely pure one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and blacks. Any word behavior, Now there's a difference.
Speaker 7: Word damn man, damn you and young. Yeah, most do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 8: She looks younger than that, though, he wrote she had a hard life, but she's definitely she looks younger than twenty nine.
Speaker 1: No, it's just the over bite. Old bites make you look young, especially when you ain't smiling. Over bit you can tell. You can tell she got her mouth bulls was tucked over. The over bites make her look a little younger. Over bites make you look four five years younger, that's the fact.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well she looked like she would do it again and again, Yes she would.
Speaker 3: She tried to send it up, right, she tried to set up the camera.
Speaker 1: She played bad little ravioli and quick little macaroon cheese the microwave. Look like she still got to protective handstyle she had on the crew.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying. That's what it's given because she.
Speaker 3: Got rested right when she got back.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, definitely that Lee's frant that's the late sprint and it's definitely sitting in the middle.
Speaker 7: It melted down, so it's definitely all right.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you Charlamagne for that donkey of dad.
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, she's been trying out head up in jail lesson Now when we come back, doctor Cornell West and Molina Abdullah will be joining us.
Speaker 3: Malina Abdullah is actually his vice president.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yes, So we're gonna talk them when we come back, and don't move. It's to breakfast Sluggle Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 1: Everybody's DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: That's right. We got the good brother doctor Cornell West Yes, indeed, and also his running Molina a'bdula welcome.
Speaker 22: The least thing to be here. My brother said he'd bring me back. He's a man of his word. Good to see you, my brother, j Envy, and I'm so blessed to be with sister Malina. She is one of the great freedom fighters of her generation. And we are running together for truth, justice and love. And we want people to see what it's like to have two black folk who have no fear, no lies, tell the truth, seek justice, and love the people.
Speaker 1: What made you want to choose Molina, doctor Cornell, You.
Speaker 22: Know, brother, I wanted to choose the best. I believe that excellence in in the form of vision and courage, willingness to put your body.
Speaker 5: On the line.
Speaker 22: She's a scholar, she's an intellectual. She's been to jail many, many, many times. They have attacked her in vicious ways. She's still standing with a tremendous sense of determination. And in that sense, it's just a matter of always acknowledging what we always do. And that's true for everybody around here. It's come from a great Black people who have the highest standards of excellence within our tradition. And I wanted to put a smile on the face of Fanny Louhaima and Martin Luther King Junior, Curtis Mayfield and Nina Simon. That's high standards because those of folks who are free. As my brother Clifton always says, I want to see whether you're on a plantation or not. But it's since they've never been on nobody's plantation. That's hard to find these days for black folk. And so to be able to work with her, work alongside her, learn from her, be instructed and inspired.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 4: And let the mos been to jail for good trouble. Trump has been in jail many times too. So I just want to put that out there.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask, you know, you guys are running independently, and and people when they questioned the Democrats, or they questioned Biden, or they questioned Kamala Harris, they say people are going against their race, and people are going against what they quote unquote should be doing.
Speaker 1: What's your thoughts on that, because in all actuality, people will say that you guys are questioning them as well.
Speaker 22: That's true, that's true. Fanny Lou Hammers said, I'm questioning America, I'm questioning capitalism, I'm questioning patriarch and I'm questioning white supremacy. The folks who want to defend Biden and can't say mumbling word about the General sign and ethnic cleansing and the partized state of Israel, it means they're turning that back. Well, no, we don't come out of a tradition like that. We committed to jamal Leticia in the hood. We committed to Wan and juan Nita in the barrio. We committed to poor white, We committed the Palestinians, we committed to any folks. We committed the Jews when they catching hell we are around an eighteen thirty. We insolidated with you Jews against Hitler. Now right now you got genocide taking place in Gaza. We take a stand not out of self righteousness, but because we want to be moral and spiritual. That's who we are as a people. Man at our best, I'm not talking about our worst, at our best. And therefore you you got Trump, dead up gangster leading the country towards Civil War two. Biden war, criminal, leading the world towards World War Three. Now you're gonna choose between Civil War two and World War three? What you're gonna do. That's the history of black folk. For us, Pharaoh has always been on the blues, both sides of the bloody red sieves.
Speaker 5: What you're gonna do?
Speaker 22: Sing a song, what you're gonna do, Crack a smile, crack a joke, hug organize it, mobilized, and then make a way out of no way. That's the history of black folk. How have we made a way out of no way? I sit here, look at you, young brothers.
Speaker 5: I know what's in you.
Speaker 22: I know your grandparents. I know what they've been through. They made a way out of no way. Look at you sitting there with all this dignity. Couldn't do it by yourself. That's that rich tree audition inside of you. That's all we're trying to do. And that's true for my dear sister. Going back through Louisiana, we both got Louisiana ruts deep Louisiana. Even though she come out of East Oakland, so I mean, you know, she got jumped started like East Oakland's like Detroit and Chicago and Mississippi's even deeping them, all of them. We won't get into that right now. South South Carolina was it month's corner?
Speaker 1: Oh Lord, haven't meted? How do we get people to get out of the mind frame where I only can vote for Democrat or Republican?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: I say it all the time.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are from years and years and years of grandparents voting Democrat, and great grandparents and then parents and then yourselves. How do we get him out to think outside of the box? Right? Because automatically, when somebody sees somebody running as an independent, they think, well, he is or she is, there's no way that they can possibly win. They're just somebody in there to start trouble and to mess up the Democrats.
Speaker 3: So how do we get people to change that view?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 22: I think part of it is curtzy me, Ma, if you got this song, no thing on me. I'm so glad I got my own, so glad that I can see my life is a natural high. The man can't put no thing on me. It depends on what you see. When we see, we have to see a system. You can't just look at two parties. You got to see how both of them are tied to Wall Street, a Pentagon, both of them tied to war, both of them tied to greed, And so you have to have an understanding of how the system operates and then say, ah, I want to be critical of the system. I'm not just critical of Trump's gangsterism. I can see how Trump's gangsterism is inseparable from Biden's genocidal policies, facilitating genocide and Gozza. So you begin to see how the system operates and connects what's happening with the Palestinians in Goza, but what's happening in Black folk and Harlem, what's happening with poor whites in Kentucky, what's happening with poor Latinos in East la. And that is a different way of seeing the world. That's why our artists at the height that none needed some more than others. They help us to see things we didn't see. Then the question becomes how do you implement? How do you execute? Usually when you see and you raise your voice, you get incarcerated or assassinated. That's what the system does to free black people. So you have to be willing to pay that cost. And that's exactly what the cost we're willing to pay, how come, because we love the people and the only thing that breaks the back of fear is love. And if you don't love the people, then get out of the way and going and sell out, going to sell your soul for mesapology and tell people lies, Tell them how great Biden is. Tell them Biden has always been concerned with portfolio. He's an architect of mass incarceration. That's a crime against humanity. I've taught in prisons for forty one years. I've seen it go from two hundred thousand and two point three million right before my very eyes. That's a crime against humanity. That's my brothers and sisters in there. Don't lie, don't wanna be lying on Biden in that sense. So it's that kind of truth telling that we need, and that's kind and it's rooted in love.
Speaker 3: You know, Malini, you found it.
Speaker 4: You were the co founder of the LA chapter of the Black Lives Matter movement, and in twenty twenty two you got police took you out of a Marrow debate. Well, I'm not gonna say took you out, that'd be kindie. They dragged you out. You know, what was the reasoning behind it.
Speaker 18: They carried me out by all fours, so that means on each limb I had a different cop pulling me from each limb on the last day Ramadan with my legs sprawled open. It was not only brutal, it was humiliating, it was dehumanizing. There is no justifiable reason for them doing that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Is it true that you sued BLM?
Speaker 18: I sued, and I should be very clear. Black Lives Matter grass Roots, which is the side of Black Lives Matter that I represent. We're the boots on the ground. We're thirty three chapters around the country. Black Lives Matter grass Roots is the real BLM. When you think of Black Lives Matter being in the streets, organizing alongside families, that's who we are. In twenty twenty two, our resources and platforms were stolen by a group of highly paid consultants, and we know we have a right to those things back, and so we sue them. After trying to convince them to do the right thing, and that wasn't going to happen. They refused to listen to the voices of the people. We did file a lawsuit in September of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 1: All Right, we got more with doctor Cornell Wes and Malina Abdullah.
Speaker 3: When we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 10: That's right.
Speaker 1: We are the Breakfast Club DJ and V Jesse, Larry Charlamagne to God, we're still kicking it with Malina Abdullah and doctor Cornell West. Now I got a question, what policies would you implement that you feel that biding is not doing for black people? Biden and Trump and Trump.
Speaker 22: Well, first thing's reparations. Second thing is abolition of poverty, abolition of unhousedness, supporting militant wing of the trade union movement that's fighting for wages for workers across the board. And what my dear sister was talking about, disinvestment from military eight hundred military units around the world, special operation in one hundred and thirty countries. That's an empire. We're anti impeerless America that need to be an empire. We got to be a nation among other nations. We don't need to dominate every nook and cranny of the world. So all of those resources, the tradings of dollars going into military sixty two cent for every one dollar in the discretion and every budget that's going to housing. We can stop this gentrification taking places, power grab and land grab, pushing out poor and working people, pushing up the prices, the greed of Wall Street, the greed of corporations and oligopolies and monopolies, and dealing with the ecological crisis with the fossil fuel companies. So that that is a way of going back to Kurz Mayfield.
Speaker 3: What we see the.
Speaker 22: Lens through which you view the world, and we view the world through the lens of those Frans for known call the wretched of the earth. I don't view the world through stock market. I don't view the world through how many black faces are in high places when their cousins getting crushed. It's a different way of engaging politics. It's what my brother calls the paradigm shift. We are not politicians. She been running for justice all of her adult life. I've been running for justice all of my adult life. We need people to get in politics who already been running for justice, running for truth and into politics. Don't into politics and think all of a sudden you're gonna be a truth teller. That ain't gonna happen. Biden Trump, you know the rematch is coming in November. What do you think the Democrats have done well? We know who the Republicans are, but what do you think the Democrats have done well?
Speaker 1: If anything, the one.
Speaker 22: Thing they did was cut child poverty in half, because we put a lot of pressure on and what happened.
Speaker 5: It expired and it's doubled again.
Speaker 22: So they did something well for a little bit and then fell back, and of course we got a long thing at what they're not doing well.
Speaker 1: But my dear sister, you're just ready right.
Speaker 18: I mean, I think that there are individual Democrats who are doing really beautiful things, who are stepping forward and courage So Corey Bush is an inspiration to me. Jamaal Bowman is doing phenomenal work. Ayana Presley is carrying a bill for us right now called the Ending Qualified Immunity Act. And so I think that there are some courageous Democrats. Unfortunately they are too few and far between. So overall as a political party, they are cowering to corporate interests. They are abiding by what corporations want, what the few want, as you put it, what the haves want, rather than representing what the working class people want. They're not supporting people like one of the people I'm most inspired by is down the street from you, Chris Malls and the Amazon label. Yeah, Chris is my folks, And you know that's the kind of labor union we want. And we're not seeing the of support for real labor, for radical labor unions like we need, like we should be expecting from the Democratic Party, although there are some individual courageous Democrats.
Speaker 3: What do you think about the student loan forgiveness?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 22: Shoot, that should have been in place a long time ago, my god, across the board. And not only that, but well to have free education, free healthcare, and we ought to have a right to housing. It was just a reclaimed movement there on the East Side Cafe in Los Angeles, and he got all these homes empty and got hundreds and hundreds of folk.
Speaker 5: Nowhere to go. And of course we know Pastor Q in skid Row right, the Church without a Wall.
Speaker 10: That's Q.
Speaker 18: We know Los Angeles Community Action Network again, our policies and if you look at our platform at Cornell West twenty twenty four, I was before I was invited onto this ticket, I was inspired by the platform. I was inspired by doctor West. I was inspired by a visionary plan to build what we can have when we make different choices, when we refuse to again fuel genocide at a cost of hundreds of billions of dollars. Right, we can't have housing for all. When you ask about student debt, you know there's a cancelation of a limited amount of student debt. But there shouldn't be student debt in the first place, because education should be free from birth through doctorate. Education should be free. And so these are the kinds of choices that we make. We know that budgets are some of the most serious moral and ethical documents, and they are zero sum games. So if you're spending on a military industrial complex, you're not housing your folks. And we want to make the choice to house our folks, to feed our folks, to provide quality health care for all. Those are the things that you'll get, and those are the things that we're proposing to the world to make different choices with this campaign.
Speaker 1: How would you handle the di situation if you're president doctor CORNEWA.
Speaker 22: Well, one, I would never use a language DEI is what is diversity? No, we're talking about truth and justice. We got a vicious legacy white supremacy exclude black folk for over one hundred some years, and then you're gonna say, well, we got a diversity program for y'all. Now, No, we want truth, we want justice. It's reparations. And therefore the language was wrong for me. The DEI issue is one of which it never it never should have been dee I should have been truth, justice, but it now DEI. You support it, and you know it's a vicious attack on black folk. You see it at Harvard. It's a sad thing. Sister Claudine becomes a poster child for anti symbitism. I mean, ain't got an anti Semitic bone in her Haitian body.
Speaker 5: That's sick. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 18: And I'll just add you know it was already said brilliantly, but I've been thinking also about it overnight. The I, the inclusion part. I actually don't want to be included in a fundamentally oppressive system, right, So the inclusion the I is reminding us that they're not willing to transform an oppressive system into a liberatory one. They're only willing to say a few of y'all can come in the door. And what we want is the transformation of these systems so that we can all use them for our liberation and freedom.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 18: We do want quality education, We do want accessible education. We do want liberatory models of education, where ethnic studies, where Pan African studies, which is what I teach, is part. It's foundational because it's as important for you to take a class for me as it is to take a math class. I don't know a bit of algebra, right, I don't know a bit of algebra anymore. But I do not need to know my history, my background, my power, how systems work. And so we want liberatory models of education, not just an inclusion into a system that's fundamentally oppressive.
Speaker 3: Now, how can people donate and make sure they support and follow the cause.
Speaker 22: Yes, my sister said, it's corner West two O two four dot com corner West two o two for dot com. We are turning the corner. And the fact that Malina Abdulah said yes takes us to a different level because we got new vision, new intellect, new energy, new courage coming together.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we appreciate you guys for.
Speaker 1: Joining us, and that's all you tell you not to the corner. West, don't be a stranger, bro That's right.
Speaker 3: Were you so kind you said that?
Speaker 1: It's right, Doctor Cornell West, Malina Abdullah, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. We are to Breakfast Club on this Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, sun is out as nice outside of beautiful be se not yet, yes it is. Yesterday was definitely monthy.
Speaker 4: Well yesterday some of you all left the house because it was chilly in the morning, right and didn't know it was gonna turn eighty. And then around noon the Monday down started humming and coming at you, Come.
Speaker 3: On you all right, let's get to jest with the message.
Speaker 14: US is real.
Speaker 3: Jessica robber Lord. Just don't do the lines.
Speaker 8: Don't do that time talking to she don't spell nobody talk the world why jes worldwide.
Speaker 1: On the Breakfast Club. She's a coach of ship.
Speaker 12: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that.
Speaker 3: Nobody could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 7: So latest news in Alec Baldwin's case.
Speaker 8: A judge sentence Hannah Guthres read to eighteen months in prison after jury, the jury found her guilty of involuntary manslaughter.
Speaker 7: The jury convicted her on March sixth.
Speaker 8: So the rushed armorer is the person responsible for the firearms on on set where the sene for cinematographer Helena Hutchins was shot and killed back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 7: Hutchins had been.
Speaker 8: Preparing for a close up shot when Alec Baldwin was holding a gun and discharged. Okay, and Hannah's statement, she said, first and foremost, my heart aches for the Hutchinson family and friends and colleagues as well. It has been a tragedy since it occurred, and Helena has been and always will be an inspiration to me.
Speaker 7: I understand that she was taken too soon, and I pray that you all find peace.
Speaker 8: She currently has been in jail for about a month, and Alec Baldwin is heading to trial for involuntary manslaughter as well in July. But this was interesting because his original charges were dropped last April and then they bought them back on January nineteen, so he's still gonna be tried for in voluntary manslat and.
Speaker 4: He beats all the charges because Balwin should not be held guilty for anything. Like you're on a set, there's so many checks and balances that happened before that prop gun gets to you.
Speaker 3: Why was it even a real gun? Why was there real bulletin to come?
Speaker 1: And not even that when I don't know how it is before, but now when you go on set, they make the actual actors check the gun to make sure there's no bullets in the gun like they actually you have to check it a precaution to make sure, and then they're not allowed to actually point the gun at the person. The person they pointed off it looks like it. So there's so many precautions. I wonder if that was the case during that, and they.
Speaker 8: Actually have like somebody to come before the scene. They prepped the scene with another person who comes and makes it. I never seen the actor do it, but I've seen like an actual person shoot the gun. I think that somebody that they have in training to train you on how to get ready for these.
Speaker 1: Least New York when I was acting on that show a couple of months ago, that actually had to check it.
Speaker 7: Well, that was wrong? Was that be filmed?
Speaker 3: That's not like somebody was cutting costs the fact that I check their own gun.
Speaker 1: He's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't be a real gun.
Speaker 7: I know, I know well and other news. Now listen, I need you all to get into this.
Speaker 3: This is for y'all.
Speaker 8: This is why I'm reporting this because y'all two are men, and I don't know how y'all be sleeping. But a man suffers penal fracture during sleep. Okay, So this guy was twenty seven years ol when he's from Tunis. Yeah, so this is worldwide news. I mean, he had to go through an emergency surgical surgery after fracturing it's penis while he was sleep, all right, he reportedly He reportedly rolled over on his erected penis while sleeping. I don't know what type of dream it was, behinwd, he was real, all right, which led to a snap sound and enters pain and swollen Yes. At first, he ignored the symptoms and waited thirty six hours before going to a hospital.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 8: According to the doctor's penal fractures, although they are rare, they demand urgent surgical attention due to their potentially severe consequences. All right, A penis is technically boneless, so it's no you know, it's like a little chicken, you know what I'm saying, like one of the more wings.
Speaker 7: So it's no bones.
Speaker 8: But the fracture is a tear in the tissue that allows the penis to become erect. So a sign of a broken penis is called eggplant deformity. Hence the emoji that they used. It's it's quite the perfect metaphor.
Speaker 3: And they don't make nothing like they used to. Penises used to be way more adorable.
Speaker 7: Listen, listen.
Speaker 8: This is when the penis becomes swollen and purple and plant eggplant? All right, the patient, yes, the patient didn't suffer any long term problems regarding urination or sexual function, but it can happen.
Speaker 7: So y'all watch how y'all rolling around?
Speaker 4: I think that's I don't believe that story. I don't believe that he just tore his penis or fractured his penis just by rolling over. But people turned over, and that's the story. He telling people something else happened. You don't just get no fractioned penis by possibly cheating.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know. I don't know that story.
Speaker 7: It had to be I don't know.
Speaker 8: But they say he rolled over, and that's why I said, I don't know what the dream was given. You know, Freddy ud chasing him anything, We don't know.
Speaker 3: Freddy Cook could chased him, not gonna have him a wreck though.
Speaker 1: We don't know what. Right, Yeah, Claus, all right, one right, but.
Speaker 8: Anyway, the last story of the day. Cameron slams Caitlyn Jennifer comment about O. J. Simpson's death on an episode of the podcast It is what it is with with Cam Mason, Treasure Hillson, Treasure Wilson, my bid, I'm gonna get a raightchel. Cam criticized Kaitlyn's tweeting good rittance at the announcement of OJ's depth is what he.
Speaker 21: Had to say, Like, I seen Kaitlyn Jenner write some shit, good writtence, Kaitlyn Jenna, you killed in Calabasis and talking about Papa ROSSI was chasing you and you were and you was Bruce. No, there's no nothing to do with transgender, nothing like that. But I'm just trying to say the Papa ROSSI wasn't on Bruce. So when you had to be running to kill me, you ain't princess dying?
Speaker 1: The fuck you mean?
Speaker 3: You the Papa ROSSI was on you. Now you killed it.
Speaker 21: Ain't you paying me eight hundred thousand because you was wrong? If you wasn't wrong, you would afforded you killed it, admitted to killing me, and then pay me because you killing me?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know for the Corporation twenty fifteen, and Caitlyn jumped on X to defend herself. She said, I know you all think it's cute to compare a fatal car accident with multiple vehicles involved to a brutal murder. But remember OJ said something to the effect of I could kill her referring to Nicole and get away with it because I'm Oj Simpson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two things can be true.
Speaker 1: Though, you was in a field car crash that left one woman dead, and that person's family might feel like you didn't have to, you know, deal with the consequences of your actions because you are a celebrity. Maybe they feel like you got off light and only had to pay eight hundred thousand dollars to them because of who you are. So what about when you die and somebody tweets out, you know, good riddings. Yeah, but this is the thing I never understood about the OJ story. Whether you believe it or not, he was found in the city. I mean, I'm sorry he was found not guilty. So when I see the newspaper saying now the killers, the murder is dead and the killers killed, and it's just really crazy to me because he was found whether whether you believe it or not, legally he was found innocent, not guilty.
Speaker 4: Only thing I don't understand about the old case is when people say him dying at seventy six years old of prostate cancer is karma.
Speaker 1: Do you understand that the averag lifespan of a man is seventy two seventy.
Speaker 4: Three years old. He he beat that by three years and he died of broad day cancer. That can happen to anybody. Health issues are not calming you idiots. I'm going to doctor today.
Speaker 3: We're good.
Speaker 8: And for those who don't know, Cameron felt so strongly about it because OJ Simpson was a recurring guest host.
Speaker 7: For it is what it is, so they were actually cool.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is just with the mask. Let's get to the People's Choice mix.
Speaker 1: Let's call the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same morning. Everybody is seja Envy, Jess Hilarrys, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Now, Jess Hilarrys, you just called our program director in Atlanta clown. Yes, absolutely, he's on the air right now.
Speaker 3: He wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Hello, Louis, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hello.
Speaker 8: First of all, you ain't even silence. I mean it was clown behavior because you didn't even sell us what was going on. We had to find out on the internet Friday.
Speaker 3: Very true, lord, and we was.
Speaker 7: I was scared to death all weekend were I didn't care? But that was that was wrong.
Speaker 6: That's like that that lot don't even sound right. That a lot did either sound right?
Speaker 1: So, Louis is the program director on our station in Atlanta. I mean it said that we would drop from the station. We tried to reach out to you, reach out to the exacts. You ain't reply back to nobody applied back.
Speaker 7: So so and he's a black man or is black?
Speaker 22: Wow?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 6: First then you know y'all didn't have to give me dunk the other day yesterday. That was a bit extreme to all.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, start backing like a black cracker, act like you care about us for once.
Speaker 6: But nah, you know We are family, man, and it's wild everybody would even think, you know that I would be taking you guys off the air, and we know that that's that's never happened. Man, Charlamagne, you know me and you both coming from South Carolina, Envy. You know what I'm saying. Man, you've been you know, in this DJ thing for a minute, you know what I mean, just really just bouncing off each other and just doing what we do around the world. And and just last we just started reading together, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So started reading together to.
Speaker 1: See that because you know, they said we're getting taken off the air in Atlanta because just Carrie, that's what say they said, because something they said because of my comments about d e I in the workplace, and just because and be not really black.
Speaker 3: Shut up, I'm.
Speaker 6: Black, yo, Nah, I definitely never that man. It's all love, man always. Actually, what's going on out here, man, I just want you guys to understand and know that the beat just got bigger actually right here in Atlanta, Man, we just got real big out here in Atlanta. I'm not what is it all?
Speaker 3: A don't talk to us in radio terms? What are you saying? The beat got bigger.
Speaker 6: That mean so basically what it is, man, you guys are not on one O five three anymore. That's the truth, all right. You guys are actually on ninety six one the beat out here in Atlanta. We're on one hundred thousand wats right now. You know what I'm saying starting today, So to the station here man.
Speaker 1: And the satellite got bigger so people could actually hear us all over Georgia now all over all over.
Speaker 6: It ain't gonna be no more complaining. Ain't gonna be no of that going on no more.
Speaker 1: Let me ask your question.
Speaker 4: So we moved, so we are we're not gonna be on one five three to beat the more, We're gonna be on what ninety six?
Speaker 3: What beat?
Speaker 4: Ninety six point one to beat in the land? Why ya couldn't you just tell us that that's yeah, Yeah, we had to go through.
Speaker 9: All of that.
Speaker 8: What they was trying to they were trying to play off of my rollout like some other people trying to.
Speaker 7: That is so crazy. I can never look. I'm always the originator. To stop playing with me. I am the blueprint. DJ Louis d.
Speaker 1: Yes, you could have just told us that we had to go through that now and call and people crackings for no damn reasons.
Speaker 3: They apologize.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, man, you owe everybody.
Speaker 3: Can apology damn yeah.
Speaker 7: And I haven't been here that long to be doing that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: I want to apologize to all the white people at one on five three to beat blame the Louis Vay.
Speaker 1: Feel free to take out any you know, anger you may have on louisv.
Speaker 3: That's like, okay, are we doing anything for the people since we go into a new station. Geez yeah.
Speaker 6: So like I said, man, we just got bigger. It's gonna get crazier because actually, uh, if you know that hell cat, that's what you're gonna want to give away for a minute. We're gonna be giving away a hell cat with twenty five thousand dollars in the trunk.
Speaker 1: Man, I was just playing when I called you, man, you really you just double downs on it.
Speaker 3: Just now listen tune in the ninety six point one to beat. We are giving away a hell cat.
Speaker 1: That's right, a hell cat in twenty five grand in the trunk. So if you want that hell cat just in time for the summer to be cruising, maybe pop up in my car show. You're getting a hell Cat in twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Now, let me ask you when do you have that? For a minute? When is this what happened?
Speaker 6: So at twelve o'clock we going crazy twelve o'clock.
Speaker 4: Knowing that twelve o'clock will no longer be on one O five three in Atlanta, We'll be on ninety six one ninety six one to beat.
Speaker 6: Like I said, we're giving away the Breakfast Club's hell Cat twenty five thousand dollars in the trunk. This is happening all day, and we got something even more crazy that's going to be happening real soon with you. And we'll talk about that later of course. But you know the Black Effect Podcast Festival, you know, like you said yesterday one on five three to beat, it's not gonna be at the Black Effect Podcast Festival. Ninety six to one the beat that's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be at, well, the hell Cat beat there. If people want to see and touch that hell cat.
Speaker 3: Will that beat there? I don't want that in mother function. There'd be enough hell casts outside.
Speaker 6: Just so everybody. Everybody's gonna have a chance to win this hell Cat all through Georgia and twenty five thousand dollars and we're gonna be giving away money just for people calling asking about the hell Cat and anything else.
Speaker 20: Thought.
Speaker 6: You got to just be tuned in at twelve o'clock, the news is gonna go crazy.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: Shout out to you guys, a breakfast club family all day of course, you know. Shout out to Angelague Uni, shout out to Ferrari, Jo Jo and Big Homie DJ scream. It's about to get crazy out here around.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Louie.
Speaker 4: We gotta keep the lines of communication open. I mean we always the lines of communication always open. We we got to communicate better because you could have told us this.
Speaker 3: We can keep secrets absolutely maybe not no, that can't keep no secrets.
Speaker 6: That's what happened to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 7: Whatever, you're right.
Speaker 3: Well, ninety six point one to Beat is the new station, one hundred thousand watchs.
Speaker 1: Make sure you listen. You'll be able to hear us all through Atlanta. Now we won't get a little cloudy. And we're giving away a hell Cat in twenty five grand in the trunk, So just listen for more details.
Speaker 3: Louis V. Thank you for checking in, brother, Thank you all.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I believe this signal is gonna be better. I got to hear from the people first. People got to tell me. If people got to tell me that this signal is gonna be better.
Speaker 8: Okay, hell cat with twenty five dollars, I know Trump will be like, damn, I should have thought of that.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump gave out free health Captain twenty five thousand.
Speaker 1: He got it on what he's winning, all right when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning. Everybody's DJ Envy Jess, Larry Chelamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. It's time to get up out of here. First, we got a shout out to Gerard Carmichael for joining us this morning. That's right, man, s Luthor Gerard for pulling up.
Speaker 4: I like anybody who pulls up after getting donkey of today and isn't afraid to have the conversation about why they got donkey and draw my guide a slut draw.
Speaker 7: That's very box your little mouth boy.
Speaker 1: No, you wouldn't not pause. I don't know what that means coming from that freaky ass man named He kept.
Speaker 7: Looking at me.
Speaker 1: In the eye some about I'll be showering, showering thinking about godj okay and doctor Cornell West and Malina Abdullah for joining us as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, doctor Cornell was running for president. Malina Abdullah is his vice president. So you know, salute to the good brother Cornell. I'm sure we'll hear a lot more from him as we get closer to the election. All right, and uh, Atlanta, starting at noon, you can listen to us on ninety six one now no longer point one, ninety six point one, okay, no longer one oh five point three. I don't know why they just couldn't tell us that, Okay, but ninety six point one. You can hear us starting at noon today, one hundred thousand watch all through Atlanta. And we'll be in Atlanta April twenty seven for the second annual Black OFFAE Podcast Festival, happening at Pullman Yards. While on Gilly on that stage, just hilarious on that stage, Horrible Decisions, Mandy and Weezy on that stage, Paul Minds, Dre and Lex on that stage. The ball Alert Podcast gonna be on that stage. Debbie Brown with Deeply Well and Will Lucas with black tech, green money. So come join us, man, we're gonna have the food trucks out. We're gonna have to pitch your podcast activation there all types of good stuff.
Speaker 3: Go to a Black Effect dot com slash podcast festival and.
Speaker 4: The positive notice simply this the day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses.
Speaker 1: That is a day you start rising to the top. Would you like to know who that quote is from?
Speaker 3: Kenny Burke O. J. Simpson, y'all have a great day, breakfast club bit
Speaker 1: You're gonna finish or y'all done it.